Speaker 1: Welcome to Chopping It Up. I'm your host, Mike Hanlon, the senior restaurant and food service analysts at Bloomberg Intelligence. Our research and that of bi's five hundred analysts around the globe can be found exclusively on the Bloomberg terminal. A quick PSA if you like the pod, we'd love it if you could leave us a review on Apple or Spotify. Today we're joined by Noah Glass, CEO and founder of OLO.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the pod, Noah, Mike, thank you for having me, and thank you for having me back.
Speaker 3: This is super exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Man, listen, I appreciate you coming on. You were I looked it up. You were episode ten and it kind of brought us to another level. You were the best performing episode for for quite a while, so I appreciate you having the faith in me coming on so early, before you know, we really had a name. So I appreciate you, and you're welcome back anytime. A man, Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: I have heard a rumor that now the best performing podcast episode of all time on Chopping It Up was my good friend Juwan George had five eight partners. I think he started the rumor knowing what I know about him, but I have a bit of a competitive streak, as does he, and so I'm glad that ten episode ten was like number one of the charts for a while. I'm bummed it's no longer number one, so I hope whatever episode this is can reconquer the number one spot.
Speaker 1: All right, cool man? Yeah, this is sixty six. And Matt Tucker, he kind of he benefited from a little luck on the terminal, so he's not like top ten downloads online, but on the Bloomberg terminal, they they it blew up. So Matt Tucker had a great, great episode two. So you know, all these guys that previously worked with you tend to do pretty well on the pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're a lively bunch, and one of our core values is that we laugh hard together, and I think that comes out in our podcast appearances.
Speaker 1: So are you an NBA guy too, like the two of them?
Speaker 2: Not really, mainly because I'm really bad at basketball.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My son, who's now eight, was just considering a basketball camp this summer, and I was remembering back, you know, the scarred experience of athletics in my youth, playing basketball, Not really having played basketball before and as I don't know if basketball was really like four people of our size and athletic abilities. As we were talking before, I played lacrosse. That was my game. I played soccer a lot grown up, but basketball just never really. I really like NCAA Final four basketball. I love I mean, having played at the college level and just knowing how hard these guys are working, these gals are working. That's super fun. I love that NC DOUBLEA grit. I feel less passionate about the NBA, although I admire, like incredibly skilled players of Edie Craft.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, big big week for the NC DOUBLEA. But yeah, both Matt and Joan are are big NBA guys and something. You know, we like to bust each other about being, you know, especially Matt being a Wizards fan. Well, let's just you know, why don't you give a quick rundown of OOLO just for any listeners that might be new to the industry.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we talk about our mission at OLO as hospitality at scale and what that means is, you know, the way that we show up for enterprise restaurants across emerging enterprise enterprise Top twenty five restaurant brands to help them really meet the needs of their guests, and we do that through an open software platform that has now sixteen different modules that restaurant brands use. They're comprised of really three suites, order, pay, and Engage, and we're really well known in the industry for the order platform, and that's what we built over the past twenty years. We're coming up on our twenty year anniversary. Initially to enable guests to order and pay and get their food faster at the restaurant for takeout. That we added delivery to that, first party delivery and third party delivery, and really from the time of our founding in two thousand and five up until our IPO, which is actually this day, March seventeenth of twenty twenty one, so this is the four year anniversary of the IPO, we were just that order platform. We have since added two additional suites to what Olo does, Pay, which has integrated payments into the order platform, enabling things like Apple Pay and Google Pay, a better payment experience for the guest and also a better experience for operators. And I'll get into that a bunch, I'm sure now. Also, olopay is not just for digital transactions, but also for all in store transactions as well. And then engage and Engage is from an acquisition that we did, our very first acquisition in November of twenty twenty one, and that was a company that was known as Wisely had been a partner of ours for five years. And it's really about taking all of the digital guest data, all the different interactions that we have with a guest, bringing it together into a unified guest profile, into a guest data platform as we call it, or what's typically known as a customer data platform, and then using all of that data to do bespoke personalized marketing out to the guest and to personalize the guest experience. So we think about those things, Order, Pay and Engage as working really well together together. We call them the OLO guest Data flywheel, and really that's because Order and Pay throw off a ton of data, transaction data tie back to the guest, and then Engage is how you take that data and use it to drive even more engagement from guests, more transactions, more orders, more payments, and so the flywheel continues to spin and spin. For a sense of scale, we are now serving over seven hundred and fifty restaurant brands, including Denny's. Kelly Valaid, who you had as your last guest. It was fun to listen to her. Hear her voice this morning, hear your voice this morning as I prepared for this. But seven hundred and fifty plus brands. They represent eighty six thousand locations across the US and Canada. On the guest side of things, we see about ninety five million guests who order through OLO on an annual basis. And one fun fact that I'm particularly proud of is if you aggregate all of the sales that go through OLO in the past year. In twenty twenty four, our GMV our gross merchandise volume was twenty nine billion dollars, And to put that in perspective, if OLO were a restaurant, that would make us the second largest out there. We just passed Star. There are at twenty eight billion. To take the number two slot. The silver medal Number one is McDonald's. But I say that not just as a vanity metric that's fun to say, but really as something that demonstrates just how much volume is going through our platform, how it's built for reliability at scale, and the other really exciting thing is, that's just the digital sales that are going through OLO.
Speaker 3: When you think about.
Speaker 2: Our customer base, those eighty six thousand restaurants digital and non digital sales. If you take the stat that digital is about eighteen percent of the industry overall, and you extrapolate from that what they would be doing in total, it's about one hundred and sixty one billion dollars of sales volume, which is something around fifteen percent of overall restaurant industry sales. So we're proud of that. We're excited about that scale that we've achieved. At the same time, as I always say to the team, I am grateful for all of the things that led to this point, and I'm hugely unsatisfied there. We have miles to go before we sleep. There's so much opportunity for us to have a massive impact on our customers and this industry as a whole with the position that.
Speaker 3: We're in, with all the data that we have on our platform. All right, good stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the companies we covered, Jack in the Box, they expanded their relationship with you recently. How much of your twenty twenty five growth is expected to come from deepening your current customer relationships versus onboarding new ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great call out. Those are really the two big vectors of growth for us. So I'll break it down and then sort of compare them relatively. But Jack in the Box just at sticking with that case study they actually started with OLO just using our dispatch module and Dispatch for those who are unfamiliar, it's enabling brands to take delivery orders on their first party sites or apps. So even if you don't have your own delivery fleet, what dispatch does is a guest can order, they can put in their delivery address, schedule a delivery. We're then doing the matchmaking between that order and a delivery service provider courier who can come collect the order and deliver it to the guest. And it's a great platform for enabling brands to keep profitability on delivery transactions, meet the needs of that guest who wants delivery, and very importantly, I would argue, perhaps more importantly in the profitability component, keep that direct relationship with the guests. So if I want delivery, I'm going direct to Jack in the Box. I'm not going to a third party. Even knowing that I want Jack in the box where they don't get any of the data about me. So that's how we started working with them. They had a homegrown digital takeout platform, and then Dispatch took that homegrown platform and augmented it to become also delivery, and then over time they said, you know, this would make sense for us to work with Olo to replace our homegrown ordering platform, and we sold in sort of the core OLO order module to them. This most recent announcement was there expanding from that to also use Olo Rails, and that's the third component of what we call the order suite, which is ordering, Dispatch and Rails. What Rails enables is third party marketplace enablement, so syndicating the menu and the prices out to the third party marketplaces and then when orders originate from guests on those marketplaces, having that flow through the OLOAPI and directly.
Speaker 3: Into the kitchen at the restaurant. So that was an.
Speaker 2: Exciting development and not unusual. That's typically how we work with brands in that top twenty five segment, which Jack in the Boxes will land with one module of our sixteen and expand the relationship from there.
Speaker 3: And I think that is.
Speaker 2: Maybe good lead into if you think about our ability to expand with existing customers. We just announced that our earnings call a couple weeks ago, we're at about three point seven modules average. If you take total number of modules used divided by total number of locations at eighty six thousand, and we have sixteen, so it gives you a sense of we're not even at twenty five percent of the way to having our customers on all of our modules. And that's a pretty good estimate of just how much more revenue expansion there is with them. I'll come back to that a second. And if you think about locations and the ability to land more brands, new brands and grow our location count, we're at eighty six thousand. We think that's against the backdrop of around three hundred thousand enterprise restaurant locations, and really that's how we define our market.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of.
Speaker 2: Exceptions here and there of very very small, sub five unit restaurant brands that work with those that really have the ambition of scale, but typically it's five to five plus unit locations and that's about three hundred thousand, So eighty six thousand against three hundred thousand. That gives you a sense of it's a little bit more than twenty five percent, but they're both huge opportunities for us to grow and scale. Just back to a brand.
Speaker 3: Using more of our modules.
Speaker 2: I look at a brand like honey Grow, and honey Grow is an awesome brand. Uses US for takeout, uses US for delivery, uses US for kiosks inside the restaurant, so very digitally penetrated, and uses US for payments on all of those ordering channels. If you look at what we make from a gross profit perspective at honey Grow locations versus our average engagement with the customer, we make about six point twenty five times more with honey Grow than we do with the average customer. And that's just a good illustration of our ability to grow with existing customers. And I'd say for twenty five our focus is not one or the other, it's really both, really in equal parts. There's a lot of opportunity for us in that top twenty five segment, especially now with a lot of brands who have built home Grown. Both think about it the way the Jack in the Box did and say, do I really want to continue supporting what is now like a pretty old and dated platform, or do I want to migrate over to OLO at a fraction of the cost benefit from all of their innovation. We spend ninety million dollars a year in R and D every single year and benefit from a library of four hundred partners in their partner network. And I think that approach is showing to be the better approach. Obviously I'm biased, but that seems to be when you look at over twelve brands since our IPO migrating off of homegrown platforms and onto OLO as a SaaS platform where they could benefit from all of that innovation of our ecosystem. I think you're seeing that that doesn't just make economic sense, it makes innovation sense too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned three point seven modules per location. That was up from three point five the year prior. You know you mentioned honey Grow and a shout out to Justin We were emailing.
Speaker 3: Each other yesterday. I love that guy.
Speaker 1: You know, a place like honey a chain like honey Grow, and some of your most active users of the users that are using the most modules, about how many are they using?
Speaker 2: Well, we had this quarter an example with Crisp and Green, and I believe that they came on with nine modules at the onset of the relationship, and I think that might be a record. I don't know that to be true, but I'm pretty sure that's a record of the initiation of the relationship and a brand taking you know, the majority at nine over half of the modules.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: We think a lot less about module penetration. We think more about the different suites, order, pay, and engage. And one of the big focuses that I called out on our earnings call a couple weeks back was having more brands that we call flywheel customers. And Flywheel customers means they're using OLO for order, for pay, and for engage, and so they're benefiting from that Flywheel effective more orders, more payments, that drives more guest data, that enables engaged to drive more orders and more payments with that guest data. And we had a bunch of brands that we announced as Flywheel customers this quarter. We talked about some of the success stories, but I think this year we're going to see a pronounced growth in the number of Flywheel brands. I just think it's meeting the moment that we're experiencing as an industry and like listening into the conversation with Kelly was a really good reminder of why it's imperative that brands think about how they can use guest data to get much more efficient and effective in their marketing and drive traffic, but not just any traffic, drive profitable traffic.
Speaker 3: And I think that is.
Speaker 2: Going to be something we talk a bunch about today. But I mean, that is this thing that I see as I guess sickness in our industry, this dependence on any tactic that is driving traffic, but even those and often those that are eroding the bottom line for franchisees.
Speaker 3: And that is that has a road to ruin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Have you ever disclosed what percentage of your customers are Flywheel customers using all three product suites?
Speaker 2: We haven't, And that's kind of a new concept. I mean Flywheel came out, we started using that terminology think about a quarter ago, and we talked about this quarter. Brands like California Fish Grill, which is an awesome example, like Honey Grow, they also use Kiosks with OLO and so they have a huge amount of data from takeout, from delivery, but also the in store transactions going across the Kiosk. All of those transactions are tied back to a guest identity and they just started to use Engage and the Engage platform has been transformative for them. And we have a great Cayse study up on our site.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: This week we have Mark Hardesan, who's the CMO a California Fish Grill, speaking at or Beyond for customer conference. But what they saw was that in a six month period they were able to grow their database of guests by forty one percent. They were able to grow their percentage of guests that were contactable, meaning not only are they known, but they have the permission from that guest to send them a message by twenty one percent. And then they used Engage to send out marketing. And marketing for us is email, text, in at message. You pick the right medium for the guest based on what we know is effected with them with the right message personalized for them at the right time. And they drove seven million dollars of sales that they attribute to those marketing campaigns. No discounts, no deals. It wasn't some sort of like here's a free item, here's a bogo, none of that. It was just about communicating with guests in a personalized way, utilizing the guest data that we gathered through Engage, telling that story and showing brands the light of like, there's a better way to do this. Now you can drive profitable traffic, not just traffic.
Speaker 3: At any expense.
Speaker 2: Is really I think going to be a big, big focus of the week this week at Beyond four. Giving the platform to the stage two brands like California Fishgrill and leaders like Mark who can tell that story and inspire other brands to try something new because the old playbook is not working.
Speaker 3: Right now, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Alllo announced a new partnership with Freedom Pay last month. How is this going to help you achieve your mission of digitizing all restaurant transactions?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really excited about this partnership. And let me kind of frame it with some context. So about a year ago, at last year's Beyond four events, we announced olopay, leaving just the digital realm and be able to do card present transactions as well, and we announced that with POS partnerships, in other words, we would directly integrate to POS and be a payment processor through Adyen with those point of sale partners So we announced that with three point of sale partners, with Q, with NCR, and with Trey, that probably covered about thirty percent of our install base of customers, and people were really excited about that because the value proposition was not only will olpay make for a better payment experience in the digital realm with things like Apple Pay and Google Pay and card on file, et cetera, it will also do all those things in the non digital realm, and you will, as a brand, not just make your guests happier by doing that, but you will be able to tie all of the transactions that are happening through olpay back to a guest identity in the guest data platform. So this idea of payments linked to guest data is critical to the value proposition of olopay. So if you heard about this and you were on one of those POS platforms, you were excited. And if you heard about it and you weren't on one of those POS platforms, the inevitable next question was, Okay, but when are you going to get to my pos? You just said three, but you work with thirty six and what happened over the time from last year until now is one of our longest standing payments partner in Stripe Fords your relationship with Freedom Pay and Freedom Pay is already in use in a lot of our restaurant customers as a payment terminal sitting inside the restaurant that the guest is interfacing with.
Speaker 3: Stripe signed to deal with them.
Speaker 2: Immediately after that happened, we jumped in and said, hey, could we be the first big project that you work on in this Olo pay realm of Stripe and Freedom Pay enabling OLO to do Freedom pay broadly so we don't have to go POS by POS. We can do this kind of across the customer base to their credit Stripe Freedom Pay. They jumped on this. They've been amazing partners to one another, to us, and we were able to announce this partnership a couple weeks back. I think it was actually February fourth, if I'm remembering correctly. But this unlocks that same value proposition for the vast majority of our customers. So because Freedom Pay has already done thousands of POS and payment gateway integrations, so now you can instead of having the OLO going direct to your POS method of OLO being the payments provider, you can have Freedom Paid terminals there regardless of the pos that you're using, and importantly, you can still get all that guest data. You can get the transaction tied to the guests, and importantly you can also get item level detail, what did the guest order on this order. So you're right to mention that our goal is we want to get to one hundred percent digital, and traditionally that's meant every transaction going through a digital channel, whether that's a Kiosk or a digital order.
Speaker 3: In a way, that's kind of a dated.
Speaker 2: Notion because if you have the ability to pull a digital level of data from every transaction, those that are going through a digital channel and those that are the vast majority eighty two percent that are going through a non digital channel, you've effectively jump cut to that one hundred percent digital future in one fil suite. That's why we're so excited and why our customers are so excited about ollapay card present, and why freedom Pay was. The big unlock of that is it enables you as a brand to see every guest in your guest data platform and from a guest perspective, see every transaction they've placed, digital and non digital, all collated back to the profile that you have about that guest with the level of detail of what items did Mike order, what ingredients did he modify or ad or remove or substitute. That's a really powerful level of data that if you think about a world in which we have access to all of this guest data and now we can unleash AI and machine learning to do personalization to get to segment of one is kind of the north star, like, how do I speak to you in a way that is perfectly tuned to appeal to you, not the same message out to everybody, but one to one marketing. In reality, that's what this enables, really for the first time in our industry, and it's it's exactly this thing that we experience when we use Spotify or we use Netflix and we're like, oh, that's a banger of a song on my Discover weekly this week.
Speaker 3: How do they know I would like this song so much?
Speaker 2: Well, it's because of the massive data set of other users, other consumers that look just like you, and using what's called collaborative filtering to find that lookalike audience to see what they're listening to that you've never listened to, and say, Mike's going to like this one, and the same thing can now be done with restaurants. You know, what does a restaurant They're going to show you your favorite order that you've ordered every time, because most of the time you're going to reorder that. But what's the next best thing to show you? That has been a crapshoot. People just say do you want fries? Do you want to drink? It's just been generic. Now it can be intensely personalized, hyper personalized just to you. And I think that's a really powerful new tool for brands to expand the number of cravings that they're guests, their best guests, every guest has of their brand. That inherently is going to up the frequency. If I'm craving things, not one thing from your menu, I'm going to come more often for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exciting because obviously one to one marketing has got so much potential, right and we've been slowly moving towards towards towards it. But yeah, it's exciting. When is it going to be available for your customers?
Speaker 2: So we announced in our call it's midyear this year. We are already out in the market our go to market team talking to our customers about this. The concept of olopay in cart present is not a new one because we started talking about it a year ago.
Speaker 3: But the notion that.
Speaker 2: It's now available broadly, that's the new thing. And for those call it seventy percent of our customers who weren't on one of those direct pos relationships that we already announced, they're the ones who are now going to and saying, hey, you can now play in this realm too, And you don't have to wait for us to go one by one through a list of thirty six different point of sale providers until we get to yours. You can do it through Freedom Pay.
Speaker 1: All right, good stuff. And on the topic guest data and personalization, who do you think is doing it right? Out of maybe some of the large brands that are doing it in house, Are there anyone that you know you kind of look towards and say, I think they're moving in the right direction and this is something that we should try to emulate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look to the speaker list at beyond four and you'll see examples of the people that we want to give the mic to because they're going to educate the rest of the audience around how to do it. Right, and I think first amongst those is Matt Eisenacher at First Watch. It is just a clinic in how to use guest data and personalization to drive the right messaging to the right guests at the right time, over the right medium. They do it best. They are shotting a light in what's possible. I'm thrilled with the success that they're having, the investment that they're making and marketing not in like a yeah, we're going to run some Super Bowl ads kind of lazy way, in a this thing works and it's precise and it's efficient and it's effective. We're going to dial it up and double down on this. And he's just a remarkable leader. And then I mentioned you know, Mark Hardison and a bunch of others, Justine at Bartaco, smaller brand, but like they've really bought into this idea of we all see personalization being an effective thing in every other industry.
Speaker 3: Why not restaurants.
Speaker 2: We have all this data, why not collate it guests by guest, identify the best guests, and think about how we turn every guest into one of our best guests, and go find more that look just like our best guests. That's a superpower, and it's going to differentiate the brands that thrive during this time and those that use the old playbook and don't make it.
Speaker 1: And ol pay is growing very fast. Obviously that's more of a volume business, so i'd imagine it'd be a nice boost to your operating margin dollars, but not necessarily the margins. Have you spoken about the impact to your margins and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so just to cover off on that. Ola pay has grown really quickly and the opportunity ahead is massive, So we grew In twenty twenty two, we did two hundred and fifty million dollars of payments volume through olipay. In twenty three we did a billion, and then last year in twenty four we did two point eight billion, So from two fifty to two point eight billion, at more than ten x, more than eleven x in that two year period. But again that's against a backdrop of twenty nine billion dollars in gross merchandise volume two point eight over over twenty nine, so we're not even at ten percent penetrated for olopay card not present meaning transactions that are digital transactions, and we've just unlocked that full one hundred and sixty one billion in gross merchandise volume that our eighty six thousand restaurants do as addressable sellable, addressable market SAM for olpay Card Now Present and Card Present went from twenty nine bills to an additional one hundred and thirty two one hundred and sixty one billion. So from that perspective, two point eight billion. We're thrilled about the progress, but we're not even at two percent of the total opportunity. And like I said, there's a reason why brands want to do this. It's not oh, it's a great revenue opportunity for OLO. It is this is uniquely helping you to harvest guest data with the guest permission into that guest data platform and compete on a whole different level with your competition. From a margin perspective, you're right, payments is a volume game. The more volume you do, the better you're economics, the lower your costs, and so the better your economics, the higher your margin. It's also true that in the card present realm.
Speaker 3: You have a mix.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people are using debit cards and you have a better lower cost than those debit cards for processing. You have better spread on those but look, I think honey Grow is a perfect example for that as well. I mean they are using OLO pay for their digital transactions inclusive of all of their in restaurant transactions that are done through Kiosk in the way that their service model works, and that's in large part why from a revenue perspective, from a gross profit perspective, there's six and a half times the average restaurant the gross profit per unit of a Honey Grow versus the typical gross profit that we receive per unit. So it just illustrates that there's a lot of business opportunity for OLO in payments. It's a lower margin revenue stream, of course, but there's meaningful margin, meaningful gross profit dollars within payments, and there's huge runway for us to grow into while being on the restaurant side and helping them do something that is going to make their business better.
Speaker 3: All right, good stuff, and we covered a lot.
Speaker 1: But are there any other twenty twenty five growth opportunities or priorities that they're focused on.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think the only other big focus area for us is in catering, and I talked to about this a lot on the earnings call A couple weeks back. But catering is just this like sleeping giant. It is currently a sixty billion dollar end market. I think it's growing. In grand View Research, if I'm remembering correctly, is the source of this data. I think it's growing to one hundred and thirty two billion over the coming years five six years, So it's already really big. It's doubling. It's found money for so many brands. I mean, all they need is a tool to enable them to serve catering customers, and that is what that's the gap that we filled with our Catering Plus module. So it is a purpose built for catering module that enables brands to take large format orders and then all of our other modules connect in to it. So if you want to deliver those orders, dispatch fits in there. If you want to get delivery sorry, if you want to get catering demand from a marketplace, we have a partnership with easy cater that plugs in there. If you want to do payments, O to pay, if you want to do marketing out to those catering customers, engage. I mean, it's really cool to see the power of OLO as a modular platform. A new beachhead and catering and then how all those modules can attach to it. And I'd say one thing that I love about catering. We talked about expanding the relationship with existing customers and landing new brands. Catering has been great on both fronts. It's great to expand existing relationships. It's an easy upsell, it's a layup to stick with the basketball theme. For Top twenty five brands, especially who have built a homegrown tech stact, many of them have not built a catering solution, and if we can cozy up to them with a catering solution, show what we can do in the catering realm, we think that's a great way to initiate relationships with those brands. Hugely active pipeline of conversations in the Top twenty five and really everywhere with catering. And then when they see, wow, look at what Olo is able to do as a SaaS platform that's reliable, that's at scale, then they can really start to actively have the debate internally of does it really make sense for us to be spending hundreds of millions of dollars annually to support a homegrown platform when we could do it for half the cost or less if we moved over to Olo for the core ordering platform and just repurpose our finances to build on top. I think that is the most exciting thing about catering to me, and just an industry that is looking for, you know, found money, they'll take it, and catering is a big pot of found money for so many brands who have whether it's offices with return to office, or school groups or churches or sports teams, just a massive audience of folks that want their food in that format and we can make it easy, like a giant easy button for enabling a catering program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're seeing more families catering holidays. Crackerbile just reported a really nice quarter and they credited they're catering business for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Speaker 2: I have seen some things in this industry that amaze me. At at top of that list is the cracker barrel Thanksgiving demand and execution. It is unbelievable how many people are using cracker barrel in that way and how they nail it year after year. And it's been fun for us to be that sort of wind beneath their wings from a digital perspective to take this massive demand and make it easy for them to operationalize with things like, you know, what is their capacity management strategy? How do we throttle orders appropriately?
Speaker 3: There's just a lot of you know, x's.
Speaker 2: And o's strategy perspective to make that work the way that it does, and they nail it every year.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exciting what they're what they're doing over there. Are you growing the sales team?
Speaker 2: We are, Yeah, And one thing that's been fun for me personally is that I have gotten much more. I've been much more on the road with the sales team over the past quarter. And that's everything from pitches to new customers, you know, or talking to existing customers about new things.
Speaker 3: That we're doing.
Speaker 2: And I think a lot of the time it's like, you know us as the ordering platform, and we're so much more than that. Now, let us reintroduce all the things that we're doing and why what we've done with you and ordering oftentimes for many years is like the seed crystal for this much larger guest engagement opportunity we're now thinking about as ultimately guest data leading to guest intelligence and then leading to guest experience management as a practice. That's really what OLO is today. So it's been fun for me. It's sort of like a new founding moment to be out with customers, telling that much larger story and explaining to them, why again say this to my team all the time. We've come a long way. It's been twenty years, but we're not at the top of Everest right now. Like right now we're at base camp. Like it's been hard, we're catching our breath, but like I see the mountaintop and it's beautiful up there, and that's where we're going to go over the next twenty years. And it's all around this guest data, guest intelligence, guest experience management vision. So telling that story to our customers and having the credibility of the relationship that we've built over that time, but showing them what's next is super energizing for me.
Speaker 3: So I'm having fun.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, I think that's a perfect place to wrap it up. Thanks again for doing this, man. I love I love following OLO and following the story, and I'm looking forward, you know, to continuing tracking your progress.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mike, Thank you for chopping it up with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure thing man. I'm sure I'll see you out and about on the restaurant conference circuit this year. I want to thank the audience for tuning in. Go to olo dot com to find out more about the company. If you liked our discussion, please share it with your friends and colleagues. Check back next week for an interview with Liz Williams, CEO of l Poyo Loco