Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and get and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: The question is, is are APEX goals shaped by the goals of the Israeli government to any extent?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a.
Speaker 2: Really simple lobbying on behalf of It's a simple question, that is ape Are APEX goals shaped by the goals of the Israeli government?
Speaker 1: And I'm just gonna ask you a question straightforwardly. And if you say no, I think we both know that's not true. Hey, are they shaped by is that?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: Are they coordinating with the Israeli government? Are they talking? Directing?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: What you want to talk about? Farah? The law on lobbying on behalf of someone? It is I hire you, and you lobby on behalf of me? I direct you? Does Israel direct APEC know they are not lobbying on behalf of them? Do they care about them? Yes?
Speaker 4: Tucker Carlson in one of his less unfair grillings of Ted Cruz, there an interview we discussion we featured yesterday on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we played a lot of it. Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 4: As much as we've admired Tucker through the years, he's he's become a forceful advocate for something I'm sure exactly what. He's one of the most unfair arguers in the history of arguing. And Jack discussing that yesterday offered to argue like Tucker Carlson and it was a tour to force nineteen Michael. He senses when you are at all a rhetorical threat to you, and that's when he employs his various trickeries.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by threat if you're just threatening me? Is that what you're doing? No, No, is that what you're doing? Threat? Well, you just said threat? Would you like to rewind the tape? And by the way, why are you being so defensive all of a sudden, gotten very very defensive? And I just wonder it must I must have hit a hot spot with you or something to be so defensive and then to threaten me.
Speaker 4: Jack arguing like Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a Tangents are the key. You want to drive someone crazy. You're trying to have a conversation about a particular topic, and Tucker takes it off into left field and he bates people into like defending something that they weren't even wanting to talk about.
Speaker 4: Important, Right, he bates them into defending his twisted version of what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we just called a fleazy feline.
Speaker 4: Oh that's out of bounds. Right there, we're told this is very amusing. Let's find out together. It's a comedian Ami Kozak Tucker Carlson versus Tucker Carlson, which number twelve?
Speaker 5: Michael, didn't you support Donald Trump? Of course I did, Yes, I can't paign for him. And you know he's been very pro Israel. He supports Israel. Doesn't that mean by extension you support his role?
Speaker 1: Why does that? It doesn't mean that at all? Like at all? Why don't you support Donald Trump if he supported his roll? Why would you do that?
Speaker 5: I don't see why you would do that if it's against your values as an American?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, what do you what do you want? I mean, you support your candidate who probably supports is Roe. I would think you was supported his roll.
Speaker 5: Why would you support a candidate's supports is Roel If you don't support his wrong, why would you contradict yourself? Well, not as much as you're contradicting yourself. I mean, it's speaking on both sides of your mouth. I mean, do you have two moules?
Speaker 1: I don't. Well, there's two miles you're talking. But once I's being consistent one size now and then they explode. Like the clip we played yesterday where Ted Cruz mentions a Bible verse that like is one of his guiding principles and Tucker says, you know, where where is it in the Bible? Ted's a I don't remember, But you don't know what you're so you're guiding philosophy. You don't know where in the Bible that is. I mean, so like that sort of thing. Yeah, right, I we're through here. But I see what you're doing. No, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 4: You can't even cite the chapter. What's the context it's in? What the chapter of the Bible?
Speaker 1: The Bible? I don't know. You don't even know the context.
Speaker 4: So you take a random verse from the Bible out of context, and you based your entire world view on it.
Speaker 1: My entire world view it you just said it? What Wait, you don't know the population of Iran? How could you possibly want to stop them from getting a nuclear weapon? When you don't know the population. Yeah, yep, yep. Well.
Speaker 4: In other news, an appeals court has let Trump keep control of the California National Guard troops in LA, quickly overturning the San Francisco hippie judges in defensible decision the other day saying, we conclude it as likely that the President lawfully exercise statutory authority.
Speaker 1: And have had it. Does that doesn't the whole LA riots thing. So it was last Saturday that I drove through Los Angeles to take my son to the boy Scout camp and I'm picking him up tomorrow, and it was all the talk and I was like, what is it going to be like at the protests and the no kings? That seems like that was six years ago. Yeah, it was six days ago. Yeah, their ace of news and what's important is just it's too much to handle, right, no kidding.
Speaker 4: And there's still unrest and there will be more demonstrations and violence, you know at some point.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not in the mood today, but some of the poll numbers coming out about Americans' willingness to see law abiding illegal immigrants rounded up and set out sent out is not high.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then you better change the law because the losses that they need to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I called earlier the Armstrong doctrine, which is logically absolutely correct, but there's not the will to make it happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't get far enough down that road. Hey find that. I want a list of the other federal laws we get to ignore. Oh yeah, yeah, I agree with you completely. All right.
Speaker 4: I'm just politics is the art of the possible jack, and I'm telling you, judging by what I see, it's not going to be possible to push it as far as you're talking about, even though that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Want to hear my favorite headline from today? Yeah, there are many good ones, but I like this one. Pope Leo the fourteenth has many famous cousins, including Madonna, Justin Bieber, and Moore. Why does why is the pope cousins with the Madonna, Justin Bieber and Moore? What why is that?
Speaker 4: I'm not cousins with anybody famous that you know of. It's probably a distant cousin thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll bet you're right. Somebody did some sort of twenty three and me thing. And like, if you go far enough out We're all related to Madonna at.
Speaker 4: Some point, right, yeah, God help us. So getting back to the unrest in LA. Uh, this is a great piece by Heather McDonald. She's talking about, well, the headline is rioting acceptable? If so, how much a judge shrugged off some stray, isolent incidents LA Police sources still a very different story. We don't have s under control. An LAPD commander told me on Sunday, it's a godsend that the National Guard and the Marines are here. Officers on the street felt the same way, though the LAPD forbids them to express that view in public.
Speaker 1: The commander said, I must say that an inside source told me someone with a great deal of knowledge about this for a very long time, that LAPD is pretty unhappy with the lack of funny than beginning. We had an ex LAPD guy on I don't remember the guest's name day after the riots started talking about how many people they're down from their peak a few years ago. I mean, like thousands fewer police officers on the street than they had a few years ago, and this we're overwhelmed. We need the National Guard. We don't have it under control. Is really a political plea for see, we need more officers, we need more funding. Is what's driving that, which doesn't make it phony in any way whatsoever. But that could be the willingness to say to people we don't have s under control or we're overwhelmed. We want as many officers as we used.
Speaker 4: To have, right, right, And that could just be the union talking sure, because they want the payroll and the rest of it. You know what it reminds me of, in a funny way is whenever any like US military action is discussed, you have a certain segment of the chattering classes that say, oh so, Ray Theon and McDonald, douglas and all, look at the military industrial complex can get more money, right as if that's a reaction or a rejection for every possible military action.
Speaker 1: Money and war are in separable.
Speaker 4: And what you have to figure out is okay, is that the defense contractors talking through their mouthpieces on Capitol Hill or is there actually a legitimate national defense need here just to say, oh so the military industrial complex can make more money. That's that's that's not a good argument, yeah, because that's a constant. There are multiple big city police forces that are way way down in personnel and completely demoralized.
Speaker 1: I believe that to my bone. Sure.
Speaker 4: And do the unions also have an interest in beefing up the roles for financial reason?
Speaker 1: Of course? Yeah? Would they be to have more than they need? You damn right, they would, right exactly.
Speaker 4: That's why you have to look at it as an outside of observer or a civilian in charge of those things and make those judgments.
Speaker 1: Combining the military cost thing with Tucker Tuck. One of the things Tucker said to Ted Cruz on that two hour long thing that I watch was talking about the amount of money. You don't know how much money we've already spent in sending aircraft carriers. I mean, it's got to be millions of dollars, and I thought, I'm sure somebody could come up with that number. But our aircraft carriers are cruising around the sea somewhere, so now they're there instead of there. I don't understand how that's an extra cost.
Speaker 4: Did they burn x amount of extra fuel getting over there instead of saying over here? Yeah, but it's like you see that all the time. To make things over dramatic, that it cost five million dollars in firefighting time and equipment, which would have just been at the station house earning that same amount of money if that hadn't happened. So, you know, yeah, gotta be careful with that stuff.
Speaker 1: Got a new poll the latest numbers on where people are meeting in the dating world, going back to nineteen thirty. We talked about this last year, but there are new numbers out now. It turns out in nineteen thirty nobody met online. Nobody. Wow, it's changed that much. It's changed that much. Yes, we have that other stuff on the way. Well, some big sports news.
Speaker 6: The LA Lakers have been sold for a record ten billion dollars ten billion for the Lakers. Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz are on eBay and nobody's bid anything.
Speaker 4: Still waiting for the opening bid was that I can't imagine why the well, how did jazz come in for a kicking there?
Speaker 1: Well, and small market teams look at Indiana and Oklahoma City here you're a little rated NBA Finals. So it finally happened.
Speaker 4: I've I've read these I brought these articles to the show a couple of times about how young hipsters use emojis differently than old folks and that the old people need to get hip to it because you're freaking out your your young workers by giving him a thumbs up. Thumbs up means that's terrible. It's the equivalent of oh great, apparently, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Remember we talked about this before, but thumbs up is like sarcastic. Well that's great, yes, because my son sends me completely inappropriately based on my like a grown up friend set the emoji of the tears streaming down the face yes, which usually when adults send it to me, it's like, you know, I'm really touched by that or sad about that or whatever. He sends it, like when he's he sends it when something's funny. He's laughing so hard, he's crying, and it's.
Speaker 4: So it's beyond the tears, just the tears are streaming out. He's laughing so hard. Yes, exactly. Well, it's finally happened to me. In my real life, my daughter got some very good news academically and then included the snorting with anger emoji, and I said, isn't that an angry emoji? Because that's cool news, and she said, yeah, in this context, it's.
Speaker 1: F Yeah, I don't know the snorting with anger emoji, what's it look like? I'll send it to the group. It's a round yellow faces, Katie, if you could. Yeah, I'll send it to the group.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that one yet, though, I've only known that to be like, augh.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, that's that's it. You're just so exasperated, you're snorting with anger. Yeah, apparently.
Speaker 1: Not like I said, I sent an egg plant to Linda in accounting because I thought her.
Speaker 4: Report was good, god, accurate. That's how I denote good work. There's the emoji in question. O, Katie just sent it to the group.
Speaker 1: I wondered why my phone just went off. I'm quickly for that. I had never seen that exactly. I had never seen that one before. Ever.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I've ever seen that emoji. Yeah, oh really, you're an anti emojis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, emojis apparently, I remember I don't send emojis and I don't text very much, so I guess that's the outside. But so what do you use that one for? If somebody had sent that to me, I.
Speaker 4: Thought, what the hell is that? Yeah, to me, it's I'm really pissed off. But no, it's a LFG. As the kids say, let's a blanket go.
Speaker 3: I'm fired up, you go out on a lemon, just say no, it's not that's not what it's for.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't have if we're gonna use the cartoons like we're children to communicate, we have to have an agreed upon meaning, just like we do with words. Yeah, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get slammed into on the driver's side door of my car, and some fifteen year old's gonna say no stop signs to us mean hurry up. Yeah again. Here's here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, we old, as you youngsters like to call us, we own everything and we run and everything.
Speaker 1: So am I going to adapt to you or you that to me? Mmmmmmm. You can't come to me three times a week and say I need some money for food. I'm going to my friends and then tell me what emojis mean. That's not the way it works around here, exactly. Well said you want money to eat a Cane's chicken from now on. The tears streaming down means you're sad, all right, thumbs up means it's good. The thumbs down means it's bad. All right, ps, get off my lawn right right.
Speaker 4: Tell your friends to here's the sidewalk, Look at the lawn, look at it.
Speaker 1: I have really entered the teenagers coming to me for money phase of my life, which I knew what happened because I I've seen it portrayed on television my whole life. But oh boy, me and my friends are gonna go eat. Is there any chance you.
Speaker 4: Could coming up later? Guess who's urging Congress to defund the National Museum of the American Latino Latino scholars who say it's ridiculous and insulting.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I like the sound of that. There is a new The latest data is out on how people meet in the dating world, which I'm not exactly sure what that even means, giving the factors up. People don't date or couple or have kids, so that that factors into the whole thing too. But the latest, the latest stats on there, and then my anecdotal evidence from people I know who do that sort of thing. So that'd be good on a Friday if you're if you're lonely and sad. Wow, Wow, that ruined it. That brought me down. I ruined it. I wish I hadn't said. I didn't have to say sad. I could have just said, well, lonely, it's kind of sad, alone and happy. I don't send you an emoji right now, sad face emoji. But what just a second, then there's a cute duck emoji. Why did you send me an egg plant?
Speaker 4: Because that means I don't appreciate what you just said because it's the least think it's the least popular vegetable, So it means I.
Speaker 1: Don't like that. That's why understanding. Yes, So get into those statistics and a bunch of other stuff on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty, We listen to this.
Speaker 6: Tinder just added a new feature that let's use this coordinate double dates.
Speaker 1: You meet three people you don't like. Well, that's interesting is negative joke about tender and online dating app and then people laughing and everything like that. I don't know anything like I don't have I have no practical knowledge of online dating because I've never done it or seen a website or I mean, I only know what I've heard people talk about. But I've I've heard almost entirely negative stuff, at least in the last couple of years about how awful it is, and and and the number of people I've heard who deleted all their apps and have given up on it because it's it's a it's a it's only you know a handful of guys trying to have sex and the end. Yes, Katie, UH drama makes the stories.
Speaker 3: I have several friends that have met the loves of their lives and been gotten married thanks.
Speaker 4: To quite a few listeners who've commented, you know what, Jacket's what you described the big story, this is hot, this is hot. You see the story everywhere it's hot, and then backlash against what's hot.
Speaker 1: It's actually terrible, It's terrible, over and over. But I only know my own personal experience with just people I know, and it's anecdotal, one hundred percent anecdotal, and the plural anecdote is not data, but anecdotally. I know lots of people who say and and it's all it was good. What happened? Well, I can tell you one thing that did happen that you might not know. Of match dot com, but every single one of the other UH forums they own, like practically all of them now. Match dot Com owns Tender, and I've I've heard of these in the news, okay, cubid and and I think Hinge and a bunch of other stuff, maybe e harmony, but they own almost all of them now, And there's some belief that they have a reason to not have you match because if you match with somebody you stay with, you're done as a customer. Oh my gosh, costs purposes, So there is well, yeah, there is some reason to you know, just string you along, get you kind of close or not give you many and you stay desperate and you stay on the.
Speaker 4: I mean, of course there's an incentive for that. Yeah, yeah, that's funny. I'm surprised the SEC hasn't stepped in and say, you've got a monopoly uncoupling. We can't have this. Of course, you could just meet somebody at the library or something like that. Right the library, it's likely to be a junkie. But anyway, depending where you live, you meet somebody at the library is a particularly bad choice in the modern world.
Speaker 1: Who's sleep upped in my head? Who meeting someone at the library? People who read books, sir. The library is for washing your feet in the sink, and we all know that, or looking at porn on a taxpayer funded computer, I guess.
Speaker 4: Researching how do I hide a body? Not on your own computer?
Speaker 1: Right, But looking at the charts through the years, back in the nineteen thirties, nobody met online. I think that's an interesting piece of trivia, so revealing. But for all of mankind time, it was the ice cream social and friends and then church and that. So that was big enough to think like. But the way online has exploded, it dwarfs every other way of people meeting currently, at least according to all these studies. So you know that contradicts my anecdotal evidence, although it could have gotten a lot worse just in the last couple of years, and these charts would still be true, especially if Match dot Com bought all the companies and has some reason to you have zero reason to like perfect your algorithm, you know, like TikTok perfected the algorithm to keep you engaged. I don't know if Match dot com or well, they're all match dot com now, but if Match dot com could do that, even if somebody came in boss, I've done it. I've figured out the algorithm that uh, nine times out of ten will put people together that they'll be happy the rest of their lives. Would you use that. I think you probably wouldn't.
Speaker 4: No, not only would you fire them, you'd shoot them so they and hide their corpse, having researched it at the library online, of course, to make sure that that did not get out.
Speaker 1: No, at the very least, change them radiator in the basement. There are many options to keep this from coming out, but we don't have to go through the various macob examples exactly.
Speaker 4: There are several hipop to mind. Oh right, wow, okay, well it makes intuitive sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw the New York Times article a while back. I think I talked about this on their breakdown was it's it's it's like I don't remember the exact numbers, but this is close enough to write. It's like ten to one women to men, first of all on there and secondly, of the men, it's like the same ten percent best looking guys who get all the dates with like ninety percent of the women, and they're not interested in a in a relationship past like you know, a night or two, and so I mean that's and that's what most of it is, at least according to that New York Times article.
Speaker 4: Maybe they have perfected the algorithm to do that right right, right, right, right right, or to you know, continually match you up with somebody who you're never going to connect with full time, but close.
Speaker 1: Boy, that would be a stroke of evil genius. Huh, that would be evil. Yeah, yeah, And then they they very being And then this article had a whole bunch of stuff in there. This all sounds horrible to me, and I can't imagine it. Just it just sounds like setting yourself up for the worst rejection you can imagine in your life, to to like, you know, to put all this effort and everything like that and get like no results. In some of the websites, people can give you thumbs down and stuff. It's like, right, why am I going back to high school? Are you gonna make me go back to high school and live this again?
Speaker 4: Or you could just approach a comely gal there in the nonfiction section of the library, say, I see you're looking at a book about fungus.
Speaker 1: I too, am interested in the fungus for instance. You know, let me transition quickly to my favorite library story before we do something differently. I once was in the library, Gladys, this is my one of my favorite stories. I've told them many times but we have a lot of new noises. Katie's never heard this story. I'm sure I'm in the library. It matters.
Speaker 4: It wasn't when you were in the stacks of the college library in the toil.
Speaker 1: This is a different story. It's totally different. It's funny. I've got good library stories that I've told many times. The other one was somebody trying to have a male hookup is a very complicated I talked about it on the One More Thing podcast the other night. I'm telling all my library stories this week. For some reason. This one, I'm in the library dressed like me, but me is shaved head and I'm wearing Doc Martin's which is a very common look for me. I'm in the library and I'm in the World War Two section, which is not uncommon either. I was talking about a book form World War Two earlier in the show. I'm constantly reading books about World War Two. But I'm in the World War two section, shaved head, black Doc Martins, and a guy walks by me and kind of gives me the look. Now, having had the previous library experience that I mentioned on One More Thing, I think he's just interested in me, and I'm not interested in him because I'm teterossect and I don't think much beyond it. I walk out of the library. He's waiting for me outside, sitting on the like the cement railing. He said, see you like World War two books? Huh? You like? Uh? You like like reading about hit Ler and stuff like that. We're having a meeting Tuesday night. Just let you know. It's at seven o'clock and it's at the whatever he thought I was a neo Nazi. I got invited by a neo Nazi to a Nazi party. My god, I know, in retrospect, I told this on the air like the next day. In retrospect, I kind of wish I'd have gone. Yeah, I just could have investigated get out, but I was so weirded out. I was so weirded out, oh you know. And then I get my picture taken and somebody recognized me. It's on the evening news, no one talk shows, but that's how they start the meeting. Uh. But yeah, guy actually invited me to a neo NATS party. Just got add short hair and war Doc Martins like, you know, like every lesbian in America, I mean, so what are they all Nazis. No, Look, what did he look like? He looked like me. He was in a T shirt, doc, short hair, except he's a Nazi. Did he have the white laces in his? Doc? Martins that he wasn't? I think that's two. I mean, you're really outing yourself if you go there, are you okay? I'm aware of this. Yeah, that that's a full on I'm a racist Nazi if you have white lace supremacist? But oh really, I did not know that. Yeah, I've always I've always kind of wished I have checked it out. But you know, it might be one of those things you get in and you know some people, and and and and it's it's harder to untangle yourself from that than you think. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I can think of all sorts of things that would go wrong there. I mean not like like deadly wrong, but just really really wrong.
Speaker 1: If you're campus, all the Nazis are waving at you, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh, hey Jack, hey, well somebody recognizes here or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's they were doomed. Yeah, they're walking down through the park with their big swastika fleck. Hey Jack, Hey, that was fun the other night.
Speaker 4: And you're saying you know as the news shows up at your front door. I just went out of curiosity. You were curious about near Nazism. Well, yeah, I mean it's it's it's terrible, obviously, but I wanted to go to the meeting and meet some of the fellows.
Speaker 1: I like the footwear.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to say, fortunate.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you're right. You get to the meeting and like, right off the bat, it's you got to put your arm in the air and say, we blame the Jews, we hate the Jews. Our goal is to have the Jews annihilated and immediately and mean and I are like, I can't be here, and then what are you gonna just turn around and walk out the door? And where are you going? Yeah? Again, so I probably made the right decision, and just getting wide eyed and uh no and walking away from the guy. Sell you like World War two books, don't you? Yeah, me and every other male in America. What the hell is this? You're casting a pretty quill in that garb? Please, I male pattern baldness. I keep my hair short. Michael Jordan made it popular. That's not make doesn't make it a Nazi. You doubled down with the Doc Martins.
Speaker 4: True, Yeah, I tell you what I'm you know, hanging around in Oregon wearing a pink tutu and some guy assumes I swing his way.
Speaker 1: You can't fault him more in the uniform, huh, were in heels in a short skirt and they made all kinds of assumptions. Right, we wanted to get to the hilarious music bed that is all the rage right now. If you're gonna do a meme and mock something that's supposed to be serious, this is the way to mock it. Katie hipped us to this, and it's so dang funny. We'll have that coming up for you next Yeah. I looked it up. So in case you didn't know this, match dot Com owns tender, ok Cupid, plenty of fish hinge, black people meet upward, Christian dating, all kinds of yeah, and that interesting one company. Yeah. So we mocked quite a bit last week. The Senator Padilla running at the Homeland Secretary and then being pushed back by Secret Service. He's lucky he didn't get a rifle button in the face or something, but he got pushed to the ground and then he acted like it was some sort of oppressive. Clearly Hitler Trump is Hitler sort of thing. Oh yeah, Ashley is the term fascist.
Speaker 4: He so clearly tried to haul himself up on the cross and become the savior of brave Latino voters everywhere by his like fake getting arrested drama. It's just pathetic. And then he comes out afterward and gives this on the very verge of tears statement about how terrible an experience it was.
Speaker 1: And then you com bin with this. Katie hipped us to the fact that there's a meme, now is it? High school kids are great school kids. I think this was like an elementary school thing. Yeah, playing my Heart will go on on the fourth grade recorder, remember that musical instrument poorly? And you put this under things you want to mock the seriousness of, and it sounds like this.
Speaker 7: I was forced to the ground, first on my knees and then flat on my chest and its handcuffed and marched down a hallway, repeatedly asking why am I being detained?
Speaker 1: That is so good? That is really really that you could not write words that would be better mockery than that.
Speaker 4: Oh that is perfect and exactly what he deserves.
Speaker 1: It's justice. And hilarity. I love that.
Speaker 4: So, a coalition of more than twenty Latino scholars and community leaders are asking Speaker of the House of Mike Johnson to defund the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Latino has outlined the president's discretionary budget request.
Speaker 1: Uh said Alfonso at is that on the part of the Smithsonian mall thing, is it not built yet? Okay, because there's a bunch of those now that didn't exist years ago the last time I'd been to DC. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 4: The African American Museum that rose up in the wake of various cultural moments American there was a bunch of them, right, Yeah, exactly. It hasn't yet been built, but it was going to be funded for many millions of dollars in Alfonso Aguilar, director of Hispanic Engagement at the American Principles Project, said, quote, President Trump is right, it's time to take back our institutions of culture. That's why he wants to defund this woke travesty. Congress should now not allow the development of a museum that's going to be used to push a radical agenda of grievances and anti American ideologies.
Speaker 1: The letter goes on to state.
Speaker 4: Ah, oh, it's a permanent exhibition right now in the National Museum of American History entitled present Day, a Latino.
Speaker 1: History of the United States.
Speaker 4: Sadly, the letter states, quote, this museum is being used to present to the public a culturally Marxist depiction of the experiences of Hispanics in America. The museum's flagship exhibit, in fact, proposes that the history of Americans of Hispanic origin should be reduced to a quote struggle for justice to achieve a mostly leftist agendon labor or education, access, fairhousing, and more recently immigration justice from LGBT plus Q rights, etc.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Accordingly, Hispanics are pervasively portrayed as an oppressed people in their Spanish era and Christian roots ignored or disparaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Spanish got over on a whole bunch of other cultures, like wiped them out, murdered them so that they could be the dominant culture for a while. Yeah, I remember, so there was a variety of things like that. I was just at that museum not that long ago with my kids, if you remember me talking about it, And I didn't visit that stuff. But then even in the natural history part where it was just, you know, here's a stuffed saber tooth tiger or whatever it was. Constant climate change is why this animal got wiped out in Mankind's the love of the automobile and blah blah blah. It's just never ending, that sort of thing. Yeah. One of the.
Speaker 4: Guys at the National Review, I can't remember if it was Rich Lowry, wrote a piece a number of months ago that it was right at the beginning of Trump's term that if Trump wanted to be successful in beating back the whole woke insanity movement, that he had to focus. There were like four points, and obviously one was education in the universities, but one of them was saying, people need to get hold of our cultural institution, specifically our museums again, because the museums on the National Mall are all run I shouldn't say all. They are heavily heavily run by a heavily leftist point of view, to the point that even you know, mastodons somehow, you know, involved global warming and the racism of African elephants or something like that and the immigrant elephants or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just ridiculous. We got a text from somebody getting back to the story last segments. We got a text from somebody who says they got invited to a barbecue one time and they got there and it was a neo Nazi meeting. Oh boy, they had made assumptions about them.
Speaker 4: Well, how was the food? As long as I'm here? Yeahs again Heinrich.
Speaker 1: Damn, oh jeez, excuse me whooping cough. If you miss a segment or now, or get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand if we have hamburgers went brought fast like if you want to hear my other library story which involves a near hookup, you can look for our One More Thing podcast, same spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wherever you subscribe to podcasts, subscribe to ours and enjoy the Schnitzel Armstrong and Getty