Speaker 1: The Sales back on Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of Sportsbooks. It's me, Joey Pa Joe Pisapia, and with me today, as always, is the Welsh, Chris Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. And today we're getting closer and closer to the All Star Break. But there's a rebound, a resurfacing, if you will, of Chris Sale. We're gonna talk about that today. We're gonna talk about the Mets Brave Series and how hot that's gonna be. We also got Yankees Red Sox closing out. So I feel like the schedulers did a very good job this year of creating a little heat here in July, right before the All Star break. Welsh, what do you think about the schedule?
Speaker 2: Almost like they knew what they were doing, almost like they planned it perfectly. I like it, no, as it should be. These are the type of thing I mean, obviously in parody of these sports. You know, you can't predict when the team's going to completely fall apart or anything like that, but they do a pretty good job of knowing where teams are going to go and creating a pretty good schedule.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like this too. Mister Buster is back today. He's finally tuning in this work. He's been he's been out, I guess unavailable to watch the show. He missed all the peanuts and the cracker jacks. But a break for me was nice. This is what happens. He give somebody a hat, you let them win the contact.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, Joe, you Joe.
Speaker 1: They turn on you. They turned on full.
Speaker 2: We are by the way coming full. We are with the we are yeah, my rid zone.
Speaker 1: They got to get the fancy blues behind me all that. I feel like we're going on.
Speaker 2: We're like the background profile pictures of the fantasy footballers. We're just like a bright color and then our head. It's fun.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's talk about Chrissale. He did hit the k prop over the four and a half. He got the five zah Griselle blanks, the rays and the season debut, so he was very good out of the gate. As we were talking about, these guys come back, they're ready to go playoff time. Basically, right here, you're making playoff pushes in the second half, it's go time. Chrisale is the big addition here for the Red Sox. In the second half, Logan Web strikes out eight over six scoreless innings. Cole had eleven strikeout seven shoutout for Rames. So it didn't matter because Clay Holmes finally bit the big one, gave up four runs and the loss. So look, it was bound to happen. I mean, you can't be perfect every time, but certainly a little bit of a kick here for the Yankee bullpen. Do you think the the rumblings begin now about the well when Chapman is you know, one hundred percent, you know, let's go back to Chapman one hundred percent at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm confused by where they're going to go with it outside of just amassing trades and getting more bullpen arms, probably to get a third guy in there to join in the rotation. The other day they brought in a roll this in the fifth. I think it was our sixth inning and Clay decimating. Here is what makes me sad, because you know, I've been like big team top ten closer Clay Holmes rest a year and Chapman struggled at all. He would take this absolute implosion. I think, an implosion enough that it would push the Yankees to not annoint to anything. You know, they just go back to what's simple, a rold As Chapman, and then you could go in and make an acquisition. Yeah today is uh. I like that doctor Glenn is associated. When I don't have my hat, I'm gonna laugh, I might lash out on somebody.
Speaker 1: Just what GQ picture of Doctor Glenn too, Like he's like literally on the cover of GQ. You just got like the fscapes. Yeah, that's true. He is kind of representing visitors. That is a chiming into the Mets offense has me concerned me too. They certainly need they The problem is when Alonso's not driving in runs or he's in the slump and he is right now, that's what happens. But look, you know it was a good game there yesterday. I got to watch Strider pitch a lot, and you know, it's the first time outside really highlights, I've gotten to really sit and watch him pitch, and I do feel like he is better suited to the bullpen. I think's a guy can come in just blow people away. In the bullpen. I don't know as a starting pitcher, you know, if that's gonna be his future. I really don't. And I'm just saying this out well.
Speaker 2: Because of the inconsistencies of like.
Speaker 1: He's but also watching him mechanically. He's a smaller guy too, you know, He's not like one of these big guys throwing one hundred miles an hour. You know. I just feel like modern day baseball watching him mechanically, watching what he does, watching the size of him, watching the lack of you know, he didn't get a long run at Clemson, you know what I mean, because of the COVID stuff and all the things that were going on there, So it was like he had, like, you know, his big body of work to really build in on. There's something about him that I wonder if maybe he is a fantastic cell high in dynasty leagues right now. Not to say that it can't be a good pitcher, but I wonder if the looming great potential makes him worth more than he might actually be in reality. Do you think I'm off base there?
Speaker 2: And I think you're off base. I mean, I think some of those concerns were there with him, but I think the biggest I mean he is throwing. I mean he's throwing strikes and getting strikeouts at an elite clip. He's striking out. I haven't even looked at it as k per nine is. I have to assume it's something.
Speaker 1: Around one hundred and twenty eight. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's some ridiculous out. But his biggest concern is does he get wild, does he stop throwing strikes, and does he start walking? Guys, that's the worry. It's not about swinging and missing, it's not about the arsenal. It's that and he's answered that to a pretty good degree this year. I think he has a chance to be a really really elite starting, strikeout starting pitcher. And I could see where you would want to sell on him, and I wouldn't kill anybody for doing it. But I'm pretty high on him, especially these because here's the other deal. A guy that can strike out at that clip, the least you're gonna get to be able to stay in the rotation and continue going is going to be really high. You're striking out eight or nine a game. This isn't like some small stint thing. They need to do whatever they can to keep him in there, you know. I mean the Diamondbacks went through this long time ago with Archie Bradley. Archie Bradley coming out of Oklahoma. Hey, he only had two or three fourteen Capri nine. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But that's a reliever can and and I watched him yesterday too, you.
Speaker 2: Know, as a starter by the way, yeah, Cape nine.
Speaker 1: As a starter, right, I mean, I guess I look at I don't know. I look at the stuff, Like I said, I look at the frame, I look at all that stuff, and it just feels like this is a guy that is gonna be It's gonna go one of two ways. I think that they if they make him a starter, and that seems to be what they really want to do deep down in Atlanta, I think they're going to regret it. I think it's gonna be one of those things that if they just made him this elite, ridiculous Craig kimberrel as bullpen guy for the next six years in Atlanta, then he would be just miraculously good and fantastic. I don't know, I'm just a little bit worried. And I love the mustache, love the velocity.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Yesterday's start. Chris Sale obviously good under the numbers. He only got four total swing and misses in that game, no whiffs at all on his change up slider looked pretty good. Vila was up. Would you rather have Chris Sale or Spencer Strider in Dynasty?
Speaker 1: Oh? Older? Well no?
Speaker 2: But okay, but no, but is older.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I'm also worrying that Sales maybe on the downside of his career. So I'm gonna say Stryder rest of seasonst what you were gonna ask me? Now? The rest of the season. That's an interesting conversation.
Speaker 2: No, that's the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the rest of season. Sale is who I'd rather have because I believe I think the Red Sox are in it. I think the Red Sox have shown you that they're committed to winning, and I think the Red Sox and Chris Sale, I mean, look, Sale has earned that respect for me, and Strider is still an unknown. So I know that's probably an unpoppular opinion. Everybody loves the moment right now, and Snyder is very talented. I'm not trying to take away I'm not saying he's bad, but like I said, watching him pitch, not the hilosophy, but watching him pitch, I feel like his stuff translates so well to being a dominant ninth inning guy as opposed to one of these five inning you know, four and two thirds, I'm gonna strike out eight guys kind of starting pitchers. I just that's what I see the difference between this two guys.
Speaker 2: Here's one thing I would add with you as well, which works in your favor of this. And this is where you have to see the development is you can't. I really just don't believe in these two pitch pitchers. Patrick Corbyn is a perfect example of someone who first Hardock.
Speaker 1: Was a two pitch pitcher you always hated for years, I remember.
Speaker 2: But he had to redevelop. You've got to redevelop into throwing more. He's throwing essentially ninety five percent of his pitches are a fastball or slider. He's got a five percent change up right now. That has to change. You know, the same thing is going on with any of these guys. Hunter Green has been readjusting he's a sixty eight percent fastball guy because a fastball has been absolutely elite. The slider elite. But when you got walk problems like he does. He's a twenty six percentile walk, which is not good. His obviously whifts and everything or elite you've got to be able to mix in. So what I want to see him from him from a developmental standpoint is to add a real true third pitch or a fourth pitch if you need to, whatever you can do. If you only want to throw your change up five or six percent of the time, get something else in there so you've got that mix, so the slider and fastball are under maybe eighty five percent of the time, and then play around with those. That'll be the maturation, which I think makes him an a pitcher. If not, I don't know, but it just reminds me a lot of Dylan Sees without the the two elite plus pitches like Cees has with the secondary arsenal. It is just two big main pitches with Strider, and that's it. SE's had two plus pitches and secondaries with some command issues and elite strikeouts, and those took a while, and it did, and Strider could have some ups and downs, and I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on here. The Orioles nine in a row. How about them? Apple's pretty outstanding.
Speaker 2: Forty four now, that's pretty.
Speaker 1: The entire American leagueese we'll talk about that in a little bit. Is five hundred or above, which is pretty miraculous considering how good those teams are. You think somebody would be beaten up on someone. Matt Olsen hit the go ahead home run for the Braves, go past the mess yesterday, Freddy Freeman homeward as well. And Jose Burrios there you go, Jekyl and Hyde. Thirteen strikeouts for Jose Burrios h So there you got who knows you know? You know, Jose Burrios is like that can in the grocery store that like the lay bull's fallen off and you have no idea what it is. It could be peas, could be corn, could be baked beans, no idea what it is.
Speaker 2: That if you're like me, you immediately pull the label off. The label has to go. The amount of labels I pull off of, like water bottles and stuff, it's just a tick. It has to go.
Speaker 1: Are you one of those people? Were you just sitting there and you scratched the water bottle?
Speaker 2: Not all the time, but like, if I'm kind of hanging out with a bottle. I'm probably gonna pull the label off at some point. That's very likely.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, all right, injuries, Mike Trout was pulled with back spasms. Gross, this is not good news. Miami. Miami's Garrett Cooper has X rays turn up clean on the knee. So that's a good story. Trevor's story not so much good of a story though. He was hit on the hand, exited yesterday's game. Is Starling Marte out of the lineup again today, No surprise there. We'll see what happens. I want to talk about the Trevor story one though, because hit on the hand. I haven't seen anything yet. Have you seen any updates yet on Trevor's story in that hand issue?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay. I did see though yesterday after the show that we did that Freddy Peralta is moving and progressing forward. He feels one hundred percent and that's very very important for the Milwaukee Brewers and very important for all the fantasy folks out there too. Julia Rodriguez, by the way, also serving his suspension also, so just throwing that out there. Also, there's Yelich remains out of the lineup for the Brewers with his back issues continuing, and the Brewers also sent Keston Hira down to triple A. One of the fun things I don't know if he saw this was Miguel Cabrera. I they had to give a day off today because yesterday he stole second and then an attempted to steal third. He ended up scoring and that was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Did you see his quote? Did you see his quote? Man, I wish I had it here right now, but he essentially me, I don't know if I'll be able to find it quick enough. But they asked him about that. There are a couple of quotes. Actually, one we can't say from aj Hinch what he thought about it, but he said, in the back of his mind, he was just thinking about how Ricky said that like when you go, when you go, you got to go and you don't think about it, and that's what he said. He's like, I've been thinking about that and I just had to go and not think about it. I love that what Miguel Cabrera was thinking about Ricky Henderson while he was on second phase give me a break.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you gotta think about something I mean he had time to think about a lot of players. By the time it gets from first to second from Miguel Carbre, he can think about the entire encyclopedia. This is a fun one from Paul. In our chat, Trevor story had one good week this year, and the rest of it has sucked. About this at all. I think that's a little hyperbolic, but the feeling and intention is right.
Speaker 2: It's pretty close.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a little hyperbolic, but that's okay. But that's all right. We're gonna talk about other things today. It's time to talk about right and wrong. I did mine yesterday. The players that I was very much in on going into this year, the two that I was most right, the two that I was most wrong. So Welsh today, let's get Let's start off with the players who are most wrong about Yeah, and who are those? Oh guys, I.
Speaker 2: Will tell you, well, I'll tell you I don't know about anybody else, and I'd be curious with you. Joe, I get so hype. So I went back and looked at my overall list ranks. I've been adjusting my position player ranks, and that kind of helped me a little bit. When you go and look at them, I get so focused on the wrong I can't even focus on the right. I just don't even process that. I'm just like, yeah, that guy should be there, he should be there. And then you see the ones that are wrong, and they just are in your face and you can't stop looking at them. The two that jump out to me when I took a look, because there's just lots of names that think you can choose from one, probably the biggest is Cody Bellinger. I made the cases that he had made some swing changes in the off season, maybe he had stopped a few things that were going on in the past. If you know what I'm saying, you know, changing the approach, changing you know how he was going to be. Nothing has changed whatsoever. I was a rebuy back in those counting stats are actually pretty good, I think if I remember correctly last so it's eleven homers, eleven stolen bases, but hitting like you know, two ten or something, it's it's garbage. I was wrong about him, regardless of the counting sets. He didn't change. The other one was my kind of ending of the year or ending of the draft season. Jump on Wander Franco even take away the injury, it still doesn't look good. He had one good month kind of like Trevor Story did, where you know, Story had this big explosive week. Wander had the March April push where he had a majority of his homers he hit over three hundred, and then with his injuries, he also just was a nothing burger. I mean, even if you were to play the rest of the season, he looks like he's at best a fifteen to fifteen guy. That progression didn't happen yet. So I think those were my two two big wrongos. Though I do think there is a gray area player Byron Buxton because I said two bombs. He's a gray area because his average is the worst. Yeah, but his counting amaze. He has half the stolen bases of Kyle Schwerber ha and uh so I love.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe i'm how many how many Miguel Cabrera have now.
Speaker 2: Buckston has only one more than Miguel Cabrera. That's a better way to put that, So take that for what it is. On the right, I picked two pictures that I was really really aggressive on and I also think you can put in here the right end closers on paying on the high end like class. That was one that I had. I had probably higher than anybody, and I think that paid. But the two pictures I was really high on Zach Gallon coming at an incredibly cheap cost and has been, you know, relatively positively efficient. And Joe Musgrove. Joe Musgrove, you know that was a weed. Yeah, it was. It was got to have Musgrove, Gotta have Muskrove. And now you're looking at him as an easy, you know, top fifty. Overall, he was the altar.
Speaker 1: He was the guy that we said, look, why are we going for big time early pitching When there's al Contra, when there's musk Grove, when there's mcla hand. There was a whole grouping and they were call on that same ADP. If you recall, you could get like two of those guys for you know, a really good cost as opposed to trying to go with it the grom Ra, Sures or any of these top guys that were out there. Big news breaking, by the way, the Blue Jays have fired Charlie Montoya manager. So there you go. That's according to the Athletic and Ken Rosenthal's bow Tie apparently confirmed the story. So Tony LaRussa not the next manager to be fired, shocking. Nobody's more surprise than Tony LaRussa, but Charlie Montoya is out. The Blue Jays have underperformed, there's no doubt about that. And your thoughts, you seem surprised by this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not surprised. I think I said this a little while back, like fire their hitting coach, you know, I mean, what is going on with Baschet's fall, in Vlad's fall, and the struggles they had with like a team White struggle with sliders, and like, the hitting just seems completely off. There's some I don't know, I would blame any inconsistencies, inconsistencies on pitching or anything like that, but the hitting has been wildly weird, and I guess I see it. You just sometimes you look at these and it's like, I don't know, I feel like with Montoya, maybe they would have just kind of, I don't know, taken out a couple of coaches and see if they could change that. But that's a little that's a little surprising. How are we in a world where Tony L. Russa is still just walking around just mumbling around with this gig and all of these other How many managers have we now had fired? Is that the third manager that's not named Tony the rust of this year.
Speaker 1: Joe Girardi Joe Madden is also the first non Joe fired this year. No matter what mister Buster might want, I am still here. I'm going no place. But yeah, I mean that's that's uh. Look, man, expectations. This is the difference. You know. It's it's easy to be the young team chasing. You're the upstar Blue Jays, and all of a sudden this year you are the team that has expectations and Yankees have really just pulled away from the field. And you look, and this is something we were going to talk about, So let's talk about the fun fact. The Ale East is fire five hundred or better. The Orioles are forty four and forty four, the Blue Jays are forty six and forty two. Then you have the Red Sox with forty seven wins the Rays of forty seven wins. So I mean they're right there keeping pace. But the problem is it doesn't feel like it, which is I guess the problem. And you know, the Orioles, you know right now you're closer to the Orioles than you are the Yankees. I think that's a little bit of a disappointment. I never know firing the manager is the way to go, but I guess, you know, hey is Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's you know, little to little to none on the managers at the end of the day. For me, they do make that in call, but I you know, they're supposed to be in a raw ra position and they're supposed to be able to coach up the coaches and coach up the players as they can. And you know, that's where Larusa loses me because he just sits around on a golf cart and just kind of dallies around and stuff like that, when at least I saw him in spring training. So I don't know, I don't know if that's the move. Maybe it'll be a jump start. Maybe there's a bench coach in there that the team is going to get raw raw about if he gets the spot, you know, the interim spot. But Wookey Doak pre All Star Game fire manager got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Kind kind of absurd there. Corey Seeger has also been kind of absurd. Corey Seeger is a ninth Ranger to hit a home run in five straight games, which is kind of a fun stat. So that was a fun fact I threw in there. He has been on fire over the last six games, hitting three sixty four with a ten to forty I'm sorry, a ten to forty five slugging that's that's the slugging percentage. It's been unbelievable for him. One of the great Bilos. In fact, he was one of the guys that I remember doing the Trevor's Story video about and the Cell Highs and saying, hey, go sell him right now for Corey Seeger and you can probably get Corey Sieger plus because he's struggling so much. Hope he made that trade. Shane Bieber also fun fact, first complete game last night since twenty nineteen. That's been a long time for the Bieber. What are your expectations for the Beabes in the second half.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't understand the Beabs. The Beabs Vilo dips, spin loss. I mean, it looked like he was the ultimate sell, you know, get out of this. He is an anomaly. But he is that thing that I've talked about in the past where it's like you look at the Kershaws or the Verlanders. You know, as you get older you're readjusting. But I think there's like twenty seven years old, twenty six or twenty seven, So something happened in him. The change started much earlier, so instead of it being in the thirty, the velo dip and the stuff dip happened at a much earlier age, and he's adjusted magnificently. So I don't know, as much as I've been kind of sell on him, maybe move out, I don't know if you can have any other expectation than him continuously making it happen. So I think he's I think he's firmly out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This is just off the top of my head. I want to say he's firmly out of the top ten sps, and I don't really think he has the upside to get there, but I think he can sit in that like twelve to twenty range of starting pitchers. He's just you know, he's fine. He goes deeper into games that team is winning. He's I mean, he's a great pitcher. He's a great picture that defies the statistical odds. He defies what he's the savant Devier device, the fire, the fire, Yeah, there you got.
Speaker 1: He deflours the savant. What what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's happening here?
Speaker 1: Cooper's back with a question because he has a head to head Points League and he was here. What's up, fellas? Don't know if you remember, but I asked about de Gram Trey the guy sent over a counter Trout and j Rod for Luis, Robert Sale, de Grom, Castillo, Wander. I got to keep Strider. So look, if you're trading, I'm trying to figure this out. So if you're trading Trout and Julio and you're getting Robert Sale to Grom, Castillo and Wander Franco, that's a lot. I mean, I mean, look Welsh from a from a keeper. I don't know if it's a keeper league, but it's head. I want the pictures. I mean, this is not even close. I want Grom, and I want Sale, and I want Castillo, and I hope that Robert straightens himself out, and I hope that Wander gets right. I mean, that's always this had to.
Speaker 2: Be some thing when I wasn't here, because he says, I don't either way.
Speaker 1: In the Points League, you want the pitchers. I mean, this is easy, coop. That's an easy one in baseball history. Oh yeah, you said that today in baseball history. Nineteen ninety nine were of the great All Star moments ever. Boston's page of Martinez pitched himself into the record book, becoming the first strikeout, the first two strikeout. Excuse me, the first four hitters in an All Star game. Struck out Barry lookin Hall of Fame, Larry Walker Hall of Fame, Samy Sosa should be in the Hall of Fame, and Mark maguire to start the next sitting should be in the Hall of Fame. So there you go. He actually ended up striking out five of the first six guys he faced. Nineteen ninety nine, Pedro Martinez. For those of you who weren't old enough or weren't watching baseball at the time, that was a special thing. It was a time to be alive. Nine. Take McClanahan and Verlander and all those guys who were pitching so well this year, crumple them up, and it still doesn't even get close to what Pedro was.
Speaker 2: He was just some of the best pitchers in history. Guys just cartoon roided up. I mean, it was the best it was like video games. It was like putting video game on rookie and just watching them go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want what are the stats on Pedro? Since since Mike Mayers taking a day off? Here, maybe we can get it. Nineteen ninety nine Pedro Martinez stat line. That's why I want to see Wonky for me. I want to I want to flash it on the screen. You got it, you got it all like a flashing anyway, But go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh nineteen ninety nine, three hundred and thirteen strikeouts in two hundred and thirteen games. That was actually the most strikeouts he's ever had in a season. That is wild. He was He played thirty one innings where his win twenty three wins, a twenty three and four record. That is bonkers.
Speaker 1: What was the caper nine rate? If check us out?
Speaker 2: This is this is my favorite thing of all of it. Yeah, I'll give that to you. In with three hundred and thirteen strikeouts, guess how many walks he had.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say forty two.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven thirty seven walks and it was a thirteen point two K per nine.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what's that K to walk ratio? Then? If it was three hundred something to thirty something that I would love.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm not. I'm on Baseball Reference. I'd love to see what the walk minus strikeout percentage would like it. Like I said, yeah, and a sub one whip and a sub one. Of course he has a suid one whip, but he only walked that many. Those are nasty, ridiculous numbers.
Speaker 1: Unbelieve. Like I said, everyone's like, oh, this guy's dominating, or I'm like, no, there's ninety nine page Martinez and everybody else. As far as I'm going from what i'd in my whole life, it's recently.
Speaker 2: Because we're talking about this, is that the most dominant like fantasy, like statistical fantasy from a starting picture.
Speaker 1: From a starting picture, I think, fantasy wise, I mean from a picture period. I'm sure there'll be people who throw the Sandy Kofax moments, but the fantasy wasn't evolved that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But the modern baseball, modern.
Speaker 1: Modern baseball fantasy wise, yeah, dude, I mean a ninety nine Paedro I think is the greatest.
Speaker 2: Twenty three wins in twenty nine games started. He played thirty one, started twenty nine games, won twenty three of them. With three hundred strikeouts, a sub one whip, a thirteen plus K per nine. I find me a pitcher that has more ridiculous numbers.
Speaker 1: In the FIP was one point three to nine, the K per nine was thirteen, and the walk to nine walks for nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that's that's nuts.
Speaker 1: What's the ratio? The kate to walk ratio, that's the one I want to know. In the meantime, here's little trivia for you before we get to the heroes and zeros. The youngest player to win an MVP award is who? Who is the youngest player to ever win MVP? Just drop the answer if you think you know what in the chat, I'm sure everyone's hitting the Google machine.
Speaker 2: Chris Bryant.
Speaker 1: No it is not Chris Bryant. I'll give you a hint. That was in the seventies. It was in the seventies. But a player that you should know with a cool name. Here you go, all right. Here are the stat heroes from last night. Garrett cole Levin k's and seven, Shane Bieber complete game one earned run, missed the shutout, Logan Webb six innings, no earn eight k's, Luis Garcia seven k's and six, Dylan Cis again nine k's five and two third, the guy's been money baby, Jose Burrio's unbelievable thirteen K'syerman Mercedes three for four with a dinger. You'll get a Yeerman watch. Oh we mentioned Freddy Freeman the top four for five with a homer, Tarrio Estrada two home runs yesterday, Sean Murphy four for five, Luis Robert three for four with a homer, led Miss dis Ad a homer as well. Lords guriell at a four for four. He's in my cell high video this week, coming out telling you right now, just he can't sustain this. It's been too great for guriel It's gonna go backwards. It's just he's not an elite player. He's a good player, he's not elite. Sell Horie Palonco two for three with a homer, and marcusime And two for six with a homer, and Trey Turner two for four with a homer. Let's see if anybody's got some oil. Camboid is not the correct answer. Neither is Frank Robinson's.
Speaker 2: That would not be in the I mean you said a fun name.
Speaker 1: It's a fun name. Frank Robinson is not a fun name. That's about like a vanilla. It gets all right, Mike, I'm sorry, Mike, Mitch White. It is not like Mitch Connor, like when Mitch Canner. I love that. I love that, Mitch Connor villain, Cartman's Cartman's fan so fantastic h five inning, six earned Mike Clevenger four earned runs in five. Dallas Kaikeo boy oh boy, Dallas Kayle should have just stayed at home. I don't know why he came back and try.
Speaker 2: To I can't share the text that Bogman had with We had a text chain about Dallas Kaykeele, and I can't share it.
Speaker 1: And it's not gro Can you change the the word F two flowers and read it to us?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't even think the word. I don't even think the changing of that's gonna help anything. So you can't have to pass.
Speaker 1: I don't have to pass, Joe, Mike Clevenger. We are going to see great Mike Clevenger again.
Speaker 2: You think not this season? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, he showed some electric stuff in spring. He showed a few games where it's popped off he's just he's inconsistent. And I don't think it's this year too, just too far, too close removed. I believe from his injury that if we're gonna see it, it's just not going to be this season because he's got to string it off. That's the thing. It's not about one game with him. You got to get like that five or six old school Mike Clevenger. And I just don't think he has that this year.
Speaker 1: What about next year? You think he'd come to Z.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I think it's possible. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you see signs of it.
Speaker 1: All right, the answer is here. David Hanson has it. Look at him. David Hans has got it. Vita Blue Yabad yaba dah who won not only the cy Young but the MVP. He was twenty one years old. Not bad, not bad there, pretty good for Vida Blue. All right, let's get to the next grouping here the loser hitters. Pete Alonzo over three three ks, Derek Hall over four to three, Ryan Mountcastle five with three. Now we know why Mayor's not here today. Now we have oh, okay, okay, there, now it all makes sense. Tim Anderson and lloyaman Is one for eight with three k's. I'm losing patients with lloy only four home run calls last night, correct not good. One of them was Joey Bart with the walks.
Speaker 2: I mean that deserves like maybe a ten ten zoos.
Speaker 1: You should get like ten for that one. But so the board is the board board is the same as yesterday's board. So hopefully today is a better night for that. Let's get to the betting props bettingpros dot com and let's talk BETMGM, the king of sports books. You can bet ten dollars a win two hundred whenever you use the promo code leading off at bet mgm. Download the app, go to betmgm dot com, bet responsibly and bet with the promo code leading off. It's one word leading off. Tonight's a good night for some more K props. Joe Ryan four and a half on DK. Like the over there is minus one fifty Joe Musgrove at five and a half plus one twenty five on DK. What run? I don't care if it's in Colorado, run do it. Joe Musgrove over plus five and a half. I'll choose you the five and a half with the plus one twenty five, Zach Wheeler five and a half on FanDuel is minus one twenty against Toronto, and then Christian Javier is at six and a half against the Angels without Mike Trout in that lineup. I like this even more. The juice is one forty but still Welsh. You were in on the musk Grove one and you actually found a better one than the five and a half.
Speaker 2: I did actually bet MGM, you got it sports books four and a half. Get out of here with that stuff. I mean he had one one strikeout game. I'm taking that. That's probably the number one bet of the day. M. You know, lockdown McClanahan is there. Though it's at seven and a half against it's against Boston. You can argue that you know this might be the game. He doesn't do it. But my whole stick is just always play McClanahan and you're gonna come out on top of the seven and a half. I'm gonna play it. And Trey Turner I like this one. Trey Turner total bases today if you are digging around on DVP at all, he's got a really good track record versus Adam Wayne Right, a four hundred record with nine hits and twenty two at Batch. You got a couple doubles in there, and the total base marker is minus one fifteen. So I'm going to take Trey Turner one and a half total bases against Wayne Wright one fifteen. So Musgrove, McClanahan and Turner all.
Speaker 1: Right tonight over on DK looking at the DFS slate. Look, mcclanahan's gonna be very chalk. He's expensive, he's ten k. You could save four hundred bucks to go to Musgrove in Colorado and tournaments and be very opo and pair that with Lucas Giolito or John Gray, who John Gray's been on a nice run lately in case the last couple of stars, so or you could put Gielito and Gray together and then just pay up for offense. That's my approach, And I think just mcclan is gonna be super chalky. Or the other guy you could put in there instead of musk Grove is Christian Xavier. Do a couple of different lineups, because nine point three for Xavier, nine point six for Muscove. I faded away form mclanahann because it's it's so chok it's just it's it's a lot, and again I always worry about the win equity because that offense is just the Luis Severino nine point three over on FanDuel. It's a pretty good safe cash game. Guy over on FD Lucas Gilito nine to one, Hobber at nine seven. That's kind of where I would go. If you want to get a little crazy with Muscove, you can, but it's more expensive. You got to get into the high tens there and forget McLean Haan's eleven on Fandalle's on I'm not being going to mention tonight, DK lineup Builder. C J Abrams just two k free square, Eric Cosmer two k free square again in Colorado, go for it? Why not? Bryson Stott two point eight, c J Abrams on Fandle two five four, L Farrow two point eight, Bryson Stop two point one, San Diego. Obviously the stack I like tonight along with the Yankees. Also, I'm going with Aaron Judge again. He just pinched hit yesterday, so I didn't really get my Aaron Judge. So I'm going today with Aaron Judge because one more and I get a set of steak knives, and I also get back on the board. Welsh, where are you going with your home run call for tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll do the Mayor bit, I'll do the BVP highest bat the other day. Homers Jean Carlos Stanton On Mike Minor has four career homers in twenty three at bats with over three hundred batting average. And I will take Stanton to just try to kick start something.
Speaker 1: Kick Andrew bringing a good stat here. Trot has a fifty k rate in July? Is that true? Is that true? My trout? I don't know, man, I don't know. It's uh the Angels, man, nothing goes right for the Angels. I feel like joeyoa Tani is the only thing they can do right. And even that seems wrong because.
Speaker 2: You see the record too. It's some insane I think it was like ten and thirty or something. Since Madden has been gone, the Angels have gone. It has just been.
Speaker 1: Joe Madden was not the problem. The roster construction has been the problem for there for years, and the lack of talent coming through that organization has been a problem for years, especially in the pitching side. I mean, just terrible but yeah, Andrews got it right here. Eighteen k's and thirty six at bats. Oh, baby, that ain't good. And to Mawa back injury. Oh. I don't want to leave on a sour note, so let us instead. Let's hope that Aaron Judge hits three home runs today and that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids ninety nine Pedro Martinez