Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was a new game day scratches from the California Lottery players everything.
Speaker 3: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 1: That's all for now, Coach, one more question play than New Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles ram scratchers from the California Lottery.
Speaker 4: A little play can make your day.
Speaker 2: Peace made responsibily. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim in.
Speaker 5: The Netflix series that you had when you went like I think it was seven days. Like you just try to just only spend with black businesses, and he's like even if you, it's like everything has to be.
Speaker 2: You got to learn to cooperate. You know, Wars won without allies. I'm sorry that off points, but the point that I'm trying to make is that the federal government, at one point, instead of making the big banks to fair business in terms of redline and stuff with black people, said no, we'll just support the black banks, and they never came through on their promise. Right, and they still want to come vote, but they never came through on their prom We should be forced to have the federal government to do that, and at the same time we should be cooperating with larger bankings institutions, many of which whose banks were built directly off the backs and its slaved after. Right, when you look at stocks and buns, a lot of that is you wasn't starting the bun. You weren't the problem, That's what you were. So my thing is.
Speaker 3: Again, I learned selling drugs me and.
Speaker 2: You could be at war a year ago and year a lady, and the prices is right, and shit, I don't want to kill you no more.
Speaker 6: I got a hundred bands, you got a hundred maths. We got a two hundred and fift do dollars deal. My comtey got twenty by your Bundy got twenty five. So at a certain point, it's not that the pain isn't there, it's not that the tragedy isn't there. At what point do we have to start understanding that to win a war? I must Ally, the United States and Russia have never liked each other, just two radically different concepts on how to treat people and how to different money. But when Joermany popped up and was Omar and everybody.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker's found a way to get a low shut up to a lot of soldier.
Speaker 2: So we we have to we have to think with the same mentality that I don't have to like to love you, but in matters of strengthening me as an individual in my understanding what I can do in my group, in our community, our partner, or ally with you.
Speaker 3: In a matter of big world. And that's just that's just what it is.
Speaker 5: So let me let me let me ask you a question because I know not only are your entrepreneur, but you're really in the politics.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be. That was the second.
Speaker 7: That was the saying because what you just said is what you said about the president.
Speaker 4: Now, like I don't have to like him or even vote for him, but if he does something that helps my community, I should take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Because I'm taking advantage. I'm taking advantage of everything I'm telling. But that's every president. Yeah, it ain't just president. Now that there has been no president that has been for the black community. That yeah, that's the fact. That's that has been no president that has been for the black community.
Speaker 2: But if your policy affects the black community in a positive way, which can affect the greater community, I have to pay you some attention. It's that sif I have to pay you some Obamas for it. No, not really, I'm clearing what I say or how I said. There has been no president that's for the black community. But if that president playing in any way or policy helps the black community, I'm for that thing. You get what I'm saying. I rate all us presidents at about a ce different variations from a C minus down into the d's too. You know, when you start off with slave masters and presidents, that's a really funky comment. So you have to spend your life as a person of color reconciling the fact that the dollars that in your pocket will bent me and the slave masters that are only that that that give you work and value to the things you're doing own people, and that wealth is something. So you know, when we get walking, we get mad, we want to castigate rappers and then a tightness and right thing with your money, you had better do jacks. Now you're twenty nine, bill that you're tipping the stripper with because hit a genocide on people that were from middle of America and never were read and were here before you got here. So you're passing a genocidal bill to pay for your Sarah and your your need to get grinded on. And you've never chastised yourself enough to say, I'll only pay by PayPal because.
Speaker 3: Or greenwood.
Speaker 7: So I'm by the way.
Speaker 3: You know what you know?
Speaker 2: Man, in matters of money, we had better learn that we're going to have to pack some emotion to the side to accomplish specific goals from a monetary standpoints, so that we can take care of ourselves because no one's coming to save us. Nothing's coming out in sky to save us. Karma, although it's a nice concept. Evil people live longer and they seem to be happier. George Buston down he was ninety middle something. So but you were.
Speaker 3: You were ship Bernie Sanders absolutely, so you work.
Speaker 2: You have progressive I guess liberal views. If voting for Bernie Sanders takes my taxes up out of the forties into the fifties, just as succeed takes care the next twenty five to thirty years of Americans in terms of education, health care, trade that trade and college education and basics and extensive health care, and provide social programs that grow us as a country. I have no aversion to supporting it, and in fact, I think that much of his policy has been robbed and looted by both parties at this point, versus us getting behind the person who wanted to give us everything we would have needed during this pandemic, including some type of universal income, including some type of health care that was universal leading toward it, including decriminalization marijuana, including a federal task force that would have dealt with row, including knowledge that would.
Speaker 3: Have affected us.
Speaker 2: But because we didn't do it, because we didn't go that move, or because we got robbed of it, or whatever. The theory is being, you gotta you know, you gotta be with what you got, and you better master your coin, you know, because we're we're in a system where as much as they want to say they care like Vernie, they don't. And if you're if you're not going to allow me to pay my ten or fifteen extra to let someone like him leave the way, don't get mad. And I'm gonna try to keep an extra ten of fifteen percent and figure out who the fuck Trump's tax layer is.
Speaker 3: On the West side.
Speaker 2: But I didn't, you know, I didn't. I didn't vote for the evil person.
Speaker 7: I want that may be I want to go back to it.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to Greenway for a second, because a lot of times, and even in the book, it dies into the fact of black banks being put in neighborhoods right where deposits weren't coming in at a frequent rate, and so they had to charge higher interest rates when they weren't loaning out money because most of people don't really understand how banks take money the losses, right, So my thing is like, is Greenwood is there going to be similar how other interest rates are going to be competing with the big bank?
Speaker 2: So that's their goal first versus deposits savings, and so it's steps.
Speaker 3: This is where we are. First.
Speaker 2: First, the goal is to wipe out check pashing her, to wipe out the main the main parasites in poor and working class people's fly. So you know, people here saved twenty forty bucks. It doesn't sound like much to them, But when you're talking about now you can save ten percent of your income, what about and the person gets to raise and get five on your thousand. Now you're saving more money. So that is the attack, and the next phase is in loans and home ownership, automobile.
Speaker 3: Ownership, and then the phase after that.
Speaker 2: So I like the fact that Ryan is, unlike in the past, is not trying to do everything himself at the same time as much as he's seeking And they're talking to allies at this moment realizing who are they going to get into business with in terms of partnering with larger institutions that recover.
Speaker 3: Who are the.
Speaker 2: Institutions that your money is an actually going to be sitting with and as a platform, what they can do to reduce the even cost of you, help you become more financially literate, help you to save.
Speaker 4: And so I'm thinking that's the first step to eradicate the check cashing. Yes, push in the back of the day was also the cell phone store.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's level.
Speaker 4: Then we got the deposits and loans, and so I guess the next the last stage would be business loan, small business loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, small man, I don't think that's the last stage. I just think that I just think that if you're going to run nine miles. Plot out your first three, then plot out your next three, and then your final three.
Speaker 3: Right. God, so let's just say those are the first three miles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I saw I wrestling with Ryan said like, I think fifty of black businesses. Oh, black businesses get loans at fifty percent lower rate white businesses.
Speaker 2: I think it's we're returned, yeah, at fifty percent lower rates. We're also denied in comparable application. We're denied twenty one percent of the time in white some on eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, So any so I'm assuming that's something that you guys will be trying to eradicate as far as what.
Speaker 2: There's definitely going to be. You know, Greenwood is not Superman, doesn't come in the same What it is is a part of the Avengers. It's a part of alternative ways now for us to take control around dollar. And that's everything from a new black credit union that's popping up. That's everything from the traditional black banks that are already in the market, whether it be Citizens Trust or Carver or One United. And that's new platforms and fintech like Greenwood. You know, I'm an advocate for you know, if you want to if you want to get the freedom, take a whole lot of buses, you know, don't depend on everyone going in one bus, you know what I'm saying. And he even told me and Ryan don't travel together, you know what I mean. He's just like what you guys are doing is that, seeon, don't even travel together. Because if freedom is the objective, there may be slightly different variations of but we'll get there even if it's not at the same time. But I think we need a lot of pistons firing in an engine, not just one, and we have to we have to begin to end. I will want or need to critique or overly criticize based on the past failure, because the failure is something you learned from that.
Speaker 3: And that's the part.
Speaker 4: It was like if people understood their relationship with the money, they would understand. It's like if my iPhone breaks, I don't say I'm never using Apples yet anything. I'm just gonna get another iPhone, you know what I mean. But if we like and I bank with citizens, shout out to citizens. But if they like, if they mess up with deposit, It's not like y'all never banking with them again.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give them the same.
Speaker 3: We gotta get it fixed.
Speaker 2: And again that's why I tell people like one day as a leader, which I wasn't even in the in thanks to be, But they pay another people like that black women to make me leave. But you know, I'm going to say, my bad, I fucked up. Yeah, you know, let me. Let me get back on the bus, figure out. And there's another reason I constantly consult with people too, you know what I mean? Even before saying yes it is, I called around to black men who had ran banks. I called around the people work, like, what do you think of this? What's fin take? Helped me understand and I got, you know, at least and I already knew. I already trusted Andy, I already trusted Ryan because I've seen him do it. But I just wanted to learn more. I'm gonna cost like I found you guys, he's learning. It's kind of bouncing around.
Speaker 3: We definitely right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. So what's your all right?
Speaker 5: So as far as business, because you're a business owner, we're sitting in a business right now. So as you said, Brick and mart especially Brick and Martar businesses have been hit tremendously hard since the pandemic, especially black businesses. Over forty percent of black businesses have completely closed. So what is your opinion, because I personally think that, like some of the problems in the Black community as far as businesses, that we're too reliant on brick and martar because that's what we know, right. It's like we know sneaker stores, we know hair salons, we knowstaurants, we know barbershops. They're all great because there's service based businesses. But in times like this, it's difficult because you have overhead, you have staff, you have things of that nature. So now you're you're going into the financial space, but you still have a brick and mortar business. You think there's a balance between the two for business owners or I mean, I think there has to be for certain businesses. You know, I think that people like the congregated Fellowship. So you can only keep churches, restaurants, liquor stores, and barbershops clothes on all. You know them guys are gonna hang in front of the liquor store, you know not people are.
Speaker 7: Going to come and get Groomuse are essential business, essential business, and.
Speaker 3: You can't get drunk.
Speaker 2: You go go're allowed the politicians sneaking us all.
Speaker 3: But we have to change methodology in here.
Speaker 2: You come here now either you have a mask or we have one available. Take your temperature by pointment, and only if we have four people in the chair, can only be four of the people sitting.
Speaker 3: So you know, and my.
Speaker 2: Staff is great about that. I gotta I gotta give them that. They keep it clean, they keep it sanitized. Our bathrooms are always on that A stipper of mine makes sure I judged businesses.
Speaker 5: That's what was like, Yo, this this might be the cleanest barbershop I've ever seen in my life. Like you see Macul shots out Selene, what's my new guy's name? Shots out to Sam Celeen. I thought Sam was Celeen is such a pro.
Speaker 2: He got hired as an intern paid internship, you know, not a lot, but I would have bought a few panchoys. But Selene also has has a talent of camera work. And he said, hey, I worked myself out of internship. I'm still going to do this type of stuff for the shot, but I'm going to find a comparable replacement and train him. So I got to give him. Those are the type of people you want. I want to say and I spent a lot of years floundering in Barbara because what we had barbaring, because what we had was people who were used to the old school way in which I cut hair.
Speaker 3: All day, but I don't clean up all day. It was I paid bouver rent.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I'm an independent contractor. But you never have to worry about your air being hot.
Speaker 3: You never have to worry about it being coffee.
Speaker 2: You never have to or those things get solved quickly, but you never think of about the variation of boothhunt every changes that type stuff.
Speaker 3: So I love.
Speaker 2: Working with people that get it, you know what I'm saying. And I love working with people that take cleaning the corners of a building as seriously as they.
Speaker 3: Take making sure that the light is on outside in that register.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I have poured a lot into a dream that really is a platform for other people to prosper from. You know, I want to. I will not have succeeded if we do not do what Chick fil A did. Chick fil A took a novel concept and gave the first opportunity for franchising.
Speaker 3: To members of the church and members of the family. They gave it to.
Speaker 2: People they knew would take pride in it. So Chick fil A has always been ran. It's a different type of pride.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Andy Young talks about going and seeing Kathy Truitt walk into stores and start cooking hisself. You know that that is a mission that's greater than I want to make a lot of money, that has added locations, that has sent kids to college because they got an amazing scholarship fund. People genuinely seen happens when you walk from Chick fil A. You're going to McDonald a little different that on McDonald You know, they might not.
Speaker 3: Be treated.
Speaker 2: It too much like Chick fil A grow ownership right from behind these barber chairs, behind that desk. So you know, if Selim or Sam or any intern that comes to here grows to become an owner, you know, shouts out to Mliss over with the Hawks, who went from being a ball girl. I think any NBA for a now runs marketing for the Hawks. Those are the type of stories I want my classform to create, and that does come with making money, but that comes from having a team of people that add to that in that way.
Speaker 7: I think that's why what you're doing, you guys are doing. It's so important because.
Speaker 4: You get it right, Like you know what it takes to give a loan or to a barbershop or here someone, Yeah, these businesses that typically wouldn't get along with. But you said some interesting now your dreams, right, So the barbershop, was this a dream? And if so, what what's the next? Well, because I'm thinking my mind like you didn't know fintach. So this kind of just came along and it was a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: So what I wanted to own up? Like I wanted I want. I knew very young. I was like very young, I was like this yard.
Speaker 3: Work ships not for the real man? What do you what are you people selling drugs out here?
Speaker 2: I see my nigga make three hundred, my grandmother gaining the ragged ass lawnmower. I'm going, you know, cushing fucking more twenty five twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: And then old.
Speaker 2: People like after they see you do it quick, this nigga twelve hoursoo, you know, you don't think all people can't slick you, but they're finesse you on the West Side. But when my mom took me the Decatur, you know, my mom lived in the cab those people didn't mind paying twenty bucks. There was a kid living next door to me didn't mind getting paid ten, So I would charge ours twenty five.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'd give him ten. Keep your teen us my lawnmower. I gotta do maintenance on this motherfucker dog. So I learned very early that figure out the deal, to figure out who's smart. My mom had a good business money, you know what I mean. She she was always about not working and figuring out ways to She was a floors by nature, its main choose an artist. She dated very successful and she did a very successful successful drug dealer who opened up businesses as well. So she was just always thinking. So you know, for me, it's like it's my next thing. My next thing is master earners.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout as fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your job more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Dream the thing that I started before I find a next thing. You know the banking made sense. But I've been peeking and poking around there for the last six seven years, so this came and dropped in my lap. But it was too perfect not to do. And it's really a matter of me just getting out and getting a message out and getting the message out let people know, hey, we're here, we're here. You have an option that doesn't lead you to the check cashing place after you get your summer camp job. Right, that's easy enough to do it. It's daunting getting up at six thirty in the morning because people with money are getting up early watching TV.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: By the time seven nine of our traffic hit, they already in front of the tell they've done what they had to do. So that part is like, Okay, this is rison is like a real job. I gotta wake up. But the brick and mortar stores that we do in terms of these shops, and I call them stores because what I learned really early is if I'm depending on barbers and boot rent, I'm going to fail. I'm going to close. Because people's lives is happening. You don't know whose child needs what, you don't know what emergencies are coming up with their parents. A lot of barbers are talented people. They're making money on the quick, so they like regular artists or entertainment or tradesmen or responsible for more people than themselves, you know. So I started to not understand because I still got to pay my rent. But I started to see the glitch in the matrix.
Speaker 3: So we are.
Speaker 2: Transitioning to a commission shop, right. So I've been talking to people like the owner of sports Clips. I've been talking to people like who've worked in Floyd's, the nuty system, getting it as we sharpen our system. But what kept us open and kept us prospering and went from being just a pet project that I wanted to have a barbershop so I could have a guy's place to hang. As long as it paid for myself, my business partner and wife, you know, long as it paid for it self.
Speaker 3: She wasn't gonna get me too much trouble. You know. My managers had sat down, like.
Speaker 2: Now paying for itself, make a grand or two after bootprint and all your bills paid.
Speaker 3: So it was like cool, and I was like, but then.
Speaker 8: I'm like, you know what, Like when I'm sitting in a barbershop. Oftentimes I just need a T shirt, Like I just went to picked up some Class Air Forces and I got to go to the BB. I don't even want to go to the BP. I gotta go to the BP. I gotta get Jarrama dollar.
Speaker 2: I don't even want No they T shirt quality whack they feel like going to DTLR. So I started saying, why wud.
Speaker 3: I selling T shirt? Yeah, we started selling T shirts?
Speaker 2: And then it goes from fussing and fighting with the barber about some moneys they don't or don't have, or how short his short, to knowing I'm doing thousands of months in merchandise, and I start to understand that not only are we a barber shop, we're a cultural center and the swag shop, unlike most barbershops with shave washing room, have the actual culture of barbering. So our faces are painted red like a London style barbershop. Our polers read like a London style barbershop. Once you get in. We try to keep it very simple in terms of what you see with the barbers. We use very you know, with manly stuff. You can grab this stuff out of ciny Sears and Amazon or order it. It drops we have art.
Speaker 3: A fan of art.
Speaker 2: Chris Hoby did this from art Refolks. He also did the back. We keep things very simple, very clean, very taste and very mad like. And then we get you here, come and look at the cool shit you can buy to mass the Nikes you just got from Walters an outfit of what's happening or wish. We have a symbiotic relationship with other small businesses in which we want to make merch. The Travis, the Travis, the Travis Scots dropped the colorway is no accident. You understand what I'm saying, And I know that everybody doesn't want to wear the exact same outfit.
Speaker 3: To the club.
Speaker 2: So our customers get exclusives. One of one hundred and fifty MANI, one of two hundred and fifty MAINI. You know our staple shop shirt sell We got a Transformers, We got a Star Stream shirt. Your barbershopp ain't got no fucking star, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So I don't even know if they know the Star Ska, my favorite character in Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta see them one with two radulos. So what we're in the business of doing now is making sure that not only do you get a shave washing room, proper shave washing room, because you just sitting there getting a dry haircut is an experience. You might argue about sports, but a shave washing room is the only thirty minutes to an hour that the black man or American working class man gets. That's just your wife. No, I told my wife, he's putting my shit on. Mother fucker, don't call me. I'm in a barber shop. This is your this is your country club. And so after you get that cut and matter change happens. Now you get here and you get to take a piece of that culture in the real world with you. And what you're also about to start seeing from us is content. We work with actual artists. Ian Claire is an artist. We work with Chris Hobay and artist Scott Fuller is a classic designer we work with. So as we drop stuff, you're going to see this stuff now we and this is you know, when we talk about Schorman Shart, we talking about to me, two of the most influential black men walk who plays of the Earth. It means something that you're in this shirt because this shirt needs to say because on the basket determines your worth right. These men prove that work ethic determines your work. It actually proves that. So in the real world. I want this culture to leave from behind the counter and go in the real world and create positive and systemic change.
Speaker 3: You know what, This reminds me of Troy, somebody that we interviewed recently.
Speaker 2: I guess I know what you Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Another hip hop lest especially when we haven't dropped this interview. Yes, I'm I'm gonna let the count talking about So it's crazy because you know, he has a juice bar. Yes, I know, and Yankas and we went we did the interview in the juice bar, and he was telling us how actually before he got there, the staff was telling us how it changed the whole culture in the community. Like people come and they look forward to getting the jew sym and it's like and then he was his white heim and his wife was telling us, Now they not only do the juices, but they got the online juice, and they got the merch and they got the whole thing. They turned into a whole business. So it reminds me the same thing. It's like, not only are you, it's a cultural thing. Like you said, it's a culture for the community, but you're integrated, vertically rested peace.
Speaker 4: In this I'm going to because I'm like, yo, this is now like when we went to la we had to go to the marathon, so juice right, and so it was like it becomes a cultural landmarks. And so like I saw Nipsey out here, I'm like, yo, that's what you created. After a cultural landmark? Was like, now when you come to Atlanta, you have to come out and go to Yonkers.
Speaker 7: Yo, where's the juice bar?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it provides not only opportunity for you, but also provides opportunity for the community. Because the next thing it was like, Yo, how do we grow because maybe this merch sells out so fast?
Speaker 3: Now you got to get a factory.
Speaker 2: But that also hips was now maybe we're in this Friday or this Friday or next Friday. I go about an hour north of here to look at screen pressing machines as I own a garage far from here. And you know, you use around numbers, right, drug dealers talking to We're gonna use a ten thousand dollars number, right, So you make ten thousand dollars last month, your plays thousand dollars. What I've learned from my wife, whose grandmother ran a liquor shot outs, Right, they think number, you see a pint, they know how much each shot out that pint costs them. How much they should make off of plank? She says, Well, I say, well, how much it costs is to make the ten? Because if the cost for seven to make the ten on the babe three I want to make. I want to put three in and make seven out. I want to change that, right, So I said, how can I cut costscause I'm looking at the shirts. We like a lot of color. But the more color you use, more expensive shirts. Sorry, I said, man, Yo, fuck this shit, I said, I know.
Speaker 3: Somebody got laid off of furnloler fucked up.
Speaker 2: Man. I know it's somebody that don't want to eat. I know it's somebody can run a screenprint operation. I got a building, Why don't I just go buy my own machine? So we're in the process of doing that right now, right. I love. Rick Ross's a business man.
Speaker 3: Rick Ross got three hundred son. Niggas got hold of the first question.
Speaker 2: Niggas gonna pay the grass Ross starts the grass cut company. The way he's shouting out John DM. I'm sure they gave a niggas free driver homeboys and would say, hey man, let the whole sun says, let me get a job, because most people want the dignity of having a job. And now he has a way to cycle his money within its own ecosystem. Maybe he got Trump's tax shot out, and now he's able to put the people around him on staff. He's able to dig up John dere Well, he got to have a deal.
Speaker 3: Rose.
Speaker 2: You got to tell I need the job. We'd like to talk to you about about boy, I don't even track the bad but so that that's it. You have to start. You learn to do that. You learn to get in the game at first and then start saying, well what can I produce? What can I do? You know, so whether it's Jay who got us interest doing lighters, so you know, big lighters are not cheap, but there are all these lighters I use, but people are willing to pay. You know, it's easy to say a knicks as hard to say a dime, but you know it's easy to sell. It's easy to sell nick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, so.
Speaker 2: We we have the specialty items that are synonymous with Killer Michael. You watch Trigger Warning, you want to know where to get Cripple Cole and blood Pop, will just pop up or you get your cripple Cole and Blood Pop and more than like, you're gonna say, well, let me grab a new era, let me grab a lighter. White woman came here last me blessed. I just flopped up in the shop. I just pop up in White woman. Man spent two hundred and summdd dollars. God bless her beautiful cat being a tall listening to in the eighties song this was the coolest mom ever. In the middle of this shop with all black guys, nobody looking minising. She's just like my son loves y'all and I wanted to come in. He's to run the jewels fan. I'm like, you are the coolest motherfucking We took a great pic, but that type of stuff happens more often than not. And I realized that the slash shot you know a lot people say it's a brand. Absolutely is a brand, but it's a brand based around the culture.
Speaker 3: Of black and working class barbershops.
Speaker 2: And what my ambition is to have, my small ambition is to have one hundred and fifty three in every major black market that's from Buffalo to Miami, from Los Angeles to Charlotte. To have three and to expand. I see now, as I learn more about this game, and I see Floyd's and Ludies and supercussion, great clips, I don't see any reasons why we can't get in excess to five hundred.
Speaker 4: So at this point, I'm thinking, when people see you, do they even think about music?
Speaker 7: But the first thing they think about is like.
Speaker 2: Run the Jews was top ten on the Stillboard two hundred. We sold a lot of records. We just did an adult swim special I only performers this year that's on HBO Max for a month. We're arguably the greatest rap duo in the world right now. So I think that people know me for music, but I'm more encouraged that people know me for more than you.
Speaker 3: So my family's from.
Speaker 2: Tuskege, Alabama, and if you talk about Lionel Richie, of course you start singing and people start thinking of great records. My family was land on the family. So with my aunt, he's remind you, you know, he bout he bought a lot of l a baby, he did something with his money. He didn't just give it all the children. So first stop having children, not a wet lock. And he lay like Lionel richie, you know, And and I can at chance of that because I was talking to a billion are three days ago and he said, one of the most savvy business people I know is an entertainer named linal He calls lion nail, you know, white liar nail.
Speaker 3: Now that's dope.
Speaker 2: And even when we get to the bar before and he gave me an idea I never thought about.
Speaker 5: I go to Barbius my whole life, and he was like, how many times you see the barber selling hair grease, selling brooms, selling a brush, selling a comb. We said, yeah, it's like what you would think like that, that makes sense, that makes complete sense.
Speaker 2: It's like, why would I have to leave the barbershop.
Speaker 3: Into beauty store with my wife? So we started brushing.
Speaker 2: I hate born in the beauty stores to buy my great so we'll make sure everybody gets the brush of stuff too. But beyond that, I found a black company based here in Atlanta that that Dutch private labeling that you sit down with let them know what you want. They create a line for you, and we've got our online created and we'll be using a black company as I sourced locally to supply line. So by Christmas days you'll be able. You'll get guys to get a package to take care.
Speaker 3: Of your skin and your beard, your face and all that.
Speaker 2: Because as a guy, man, I'm just simple. I go to the mall, or again, I go to Walters or wish or or I go to sneaker cartel and I get my kids. I don't feel like doing other shit.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I want to get Oh man, I'm in the shop. I got a Oh give me that kill your mouses, give me give me that kill of your masses, give me that brush.
Speaker 3: And I need some Greeks.
Speaker 2: One stop shot, One stop shot, man, Because I sat in my barber shop on the south side of the O G Shop, and I'm sitting there, you know, slightly stone, just observing, observing things, and I see a guy come in selling socks. I see aeman come in selling juices. I see another guy coming in selling shitty stole from CBS.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, is that guy as a as as just a shot.
Speaker 2: This is a store. But and then you know I got it where it was like again, where's I learned?
Speaker 3: Business?
Speaker 7: Trap?
Speaker 2: I start taxing me, Oh, you come to my shop. I got to have I got to have ten what don't make no money?
Speaker 3: They ain't got nothing to do with me?
Speaker 2: Can you in my shop?
Speaker 3: Standing?
Speaker 2: So then they start serving on the outside of the door, so that I said, hey, man, yount a curd, you got to give me five, but you're not gonna come here and not facing taxations clok every month. Man, this man wants this money. Man and this woman I sleep with and like this fine beautiful woman. She liked money, probably as much as she liked me. She liked me before I add money.
Speaker 7: So I can't go to.
Speaker 3: A telling the baby we ain't good.
Speaker 2: You got to pay me for it. That's when I got me understanding that we're not a barbershop, We're a store. How is the crypt of Cola and the Blood Pop door selling out daily? Shouts out to Doug. He took a picture with the big comedy bear Low. He took a bunch of Blood Pop up their studio session last night. So shouts out Tip, shouts out the thub, shouts out the savage.
Speaker 4: They all is Jay partner with you on that or I know he had purchased on it and put it in the lyric and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he gave us a shout out like man to get.
Speaker 3: A free jay Z shout out. Man, I'm for life.
Speaker 2: If Jay calls me tomorrow says I want to then what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Sir? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's it's still fledgling. We're still building it. We're still very proud of it, and we're determined to make it something. I think that there is womb in the market for the brands that we built up with street fraternities, with neighborhood clicks, with dope sayings.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That should be an old boy cologne. I was nobody saying Cam it's flying camp for sell coloone is easily as Johnny dep you know what I mean, real Johnny Depth. Yeah, like camould do that.
Speaker 3: So my thing is you have.
Speaker 2: To do it for it to be done. So Criple Colon Blood Pop are real things right now. You can buy them anywhere Exotic Pop is sold. Exotic Pop has been doing an adult job of getting it out there. You can buy it the locations at the Swas shop locations and a few more places, and you want to you know, our Baltus to go national. How you doing with stocks? I've seen a couple. That's what my wife questioned. I bought her after I like I bought I bought Shaye. These kind of gifts, I get my wife race up, like if I'm just like in Linux, I went in to the Applesto and grabs for figures. I'm gonna probably stop by Victoria's Secrets grab like you fanashed your boss, and I like to see her in them, right, I'm probably.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like, I'm probably gonna go, you know.
Speaker 2: Pop up at one of the high end perse stores, because that's just having at this point, and I like seeing a happier case.
Speaker 3: But you do that so many times and you're just like, you know this is it's it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't hit as hard because a woman, you know, like my woman, she likes security, she likes the persons to do and that stuff. But in the last few years, I've gotten more about let me buy you things that appreciate. So I bought her her grandmother's original house. I bought her a duplex in an empowerment zone. I bought a set of apartments. I bought a lot of cool things for her. Well, the apartment I bought for us. The other stuff I bought just for her because I wanted her to be able to make I told her early on, if you quit your job and just work helping me do me, I'll guarantee.
Speaker 3: You one hund twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: So I was like, my goals, make sure you make ten thousand dollars a month. And they got shit to do with me. And you know, a few months ago, she came in and showed me a piece of papers, say, you know you got me there.
Speaker 3: I acknowledge it. I just want to tell you, thank you. I love you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But my wife, she asked for a raise, this always. But I started buying her stocks and just just a s P five hours, you know, stuff that I know we're gonna always use my grandparents, who just regular working class votes. But they bought me PoCA Cola and Delta stocks results with two of the biggest companies here. They knew those companies weren't going anywhere. So I don't know as much about stocks as she does. But I know she's been very happy. I bolve her a lot of it.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need