Speaker 1: And now you're made events introducing Ghosts are Wrestling.
Speaker 2: With Freddy Chef Die Hand, Fredys.
Speaker 1: Tunior, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a very special episode of Wrestling with Friends. Wrestling with Freddy Today, it's all about the Federation frienduration.
Speaker 3: It's all about you and you and yes you as well.
Speaker 1: We're going to answer your questions on today's show through social media, and on Thursday show we're going to answer your voicemail questions as well, so stay tuned for that on nsanctioned Thursdays.
Speaker 3: If you left us a voicemail.
Speaker 1: Mister Jeff, how are you today, sir? How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I feel great, I feel happy to be alive baby.
Speaker 3: All right? Good?
Speaker 1: Well, then, without any further ado, our great producer mister Alex is going to read you girls love questions to us.
Speaker 3: Please give your.
Speaker 1: Ears and open your hearts for mister Alex Cardos.
Speaker 2: He thinks all right. These questions all came in via Instagram, so thank you all for sending these our way. The first one here, it comes from Quinstagram and they want to know if you could invent a match stipulation, which would you.
Speaker 4: Choose bring back the Punjabi prison match. When will we see it again? Enough enough? The people want it.
Speaker 1: Man, they just went to India and didn't do it. I know that match is dead.
Speaker 4: It's dead watching and watching to see if they'd bust out the Punjabi prison and they didn't, which is annoying.
Speaker 1: By the way, the last one was really good, wasn't it New Day versus the USO's fun.
Speaker 4: They brought it all.
Speaker 1: This match was awesome.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They like trapped him in kendo sticks and went to town on his ass with bamboo.
Speaker 3: That was great. Man.
Speaker 1: If I had to create a stipulation, I feel like they've all been they've all been created to some degree. I love submission matches. I love Iron Man matches, so maybe there'd be a cool way to combine, like how many submissions can although I feel like I've seen that with Kurt Angle before. How many submissions can you get an X amount of time match? But that's not invented. I'm certain that that was done with Kurt Angle. But hopefully that answers your question and lets you know that I am not a man to create a stipulation.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see, I know, i'd like to see like if the outside of so you got to match, right, you know how they used to do these things where like they did a fire match where like Caine would slam and then like fire would come up over the edges. You know, they do a lot of things with the edges. I'd like to see them put like a couple feet maybe even three or four feet of just water tanks all around the ring. Then you've got to throw someone off into the water. But in the water it's like, you know, crocodiles or some sort of thing, some sort of piranhas or something, you know, something that's in there that would make you a skararana electric sharks, but you got to put it in a tank that won't break their big stupid wrestler bodies won't break the glass, you know.
Speaker 1: So there was an old school Japanese promotion that did like crazy exploding ring matches and matches that they'd have to like take a boat out to the ring and they get thrown and.
Speaker 3: Was it f what was it? What was it called?
Speaker 1: I think the promoter and wrestler's name was Okata And this was on a show you Got Me Into called Dark Side of the Ring. Yeah, and it was he was this Japanese guy and his matches were so frigging bloody, and he had to wrestle that way because he broke his ankle. He used to be a high flyer and he busted his ankle and he didn't know what to do, and so he became this like the people's like Japanese Terry Funk and and wrestled Terry Funk in an exploding ring and then had to like cover his body because he wasn't going to get out into I'm in the ring exploded. That's he's going to protect his hero Terry. But I love it is a really cool episode, Matt.
Speaker 4: How about this, Oh what a building match?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You got two guys on top of a building. Now that's very very high, right, and the way you will do money in the bank with this, no top of a real tall building. And they both have parachutes on their backpack like backpacks, and you got to throw the guy off the building. The guy ain't gonna die, You'll pull his parachute, or you could put a bunch of soft crap around on top of the building or at the bottom of the building. And so you got to throw your opponent off the top of a building. Shane Mack would do.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't forget Halloween Havoc. In the nineties, Hogan threw the giant off a building from the NJM brand. I don't know if you guys remember that.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that I loved Halloween have it Havoc, but I didn't know that there was a building match. How is how has that match happened? Oh, they've done everything.
Speaker 2: Next question here, How are MJF and Adam Cole best friends after knowing each other for three seems odd? More of a statement.
Speaker 1: So he's not He's not buying it. He's not buying the relationship. Now I will say this, what was his name?
Speaker 4: J C?
Speaker 3: L JC.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call you JC.
Speaker 3: J C.
Speaker 1: You're not a believer and I wasn't a believer in the Brochaco's for live Adam Cole and Maxwell Jacob Friedman. I thought certainly that not MJF but Adam Cole was going to turn on Maxwell at Wembley Stadium in the tag match against Ozzie Open so that he would have a better chance to win the World Championship that night. But like you, I was wrong, and I've accepted my wrongness, and I think it's acceptance that helps us grow. Except the fact that they're genuine there's genuine love there, except the fact that they're bro Chaco's for life. Except the fact that you will never see the turn that you and I were so convinced of, because bros don't turn on each other, right right, Jeff, you're with all that.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, and all answers question in a weirder way. You know, you fall in love, sometimes you fall into friendship. You meet a person, you go, I like this guy. He came to my house and did my podcast. Sure he's stoned, but I love this dude. He loves he loves wrestling, he loves Star Wars, And from that day on, I say love. I love that guy and he's a good man, good guy. Yeah, that's what happened with us. Buddy and my buddy justin one time, we just needed an extra person to be on our softball team, and justin my Buddy's like, I got a friend, will play and this guy shows up. His jacked, He's funny, he was like really good at softball. He's like, well, you get anybody drinking after this? I was like this guy is my new best friend. What just happened? So sometimes you fall into friendship. That's all, all right?
Speaker 2: What do you got for the next one's coming from all of the good things? Twelve? And she wants to know, are you still planning to start your own wrestling promotion or is a PS and it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very much so. And I can't discuss it now, but if a if it goes through or be if A apart, I'll share the story either way. But yeah, I'm close to getting to the next step. While we were recording this, my agent called. I saw it on the phone, and since we're on strike, I know it's not about any scripted stuff, so I know exactly what the calls about. But yeah, I'm working very hard at it. The Premier Streaming Network, which I hope you guys all subscribe to as your home for independent wrestling, has been a really incredible learning experience so far and continues to be as far as learning how to promote my own events and things like that and be able to pull this off with the right people.
Speaker 3: And Premiere Streaming.
Speaker 1: These guys know what they're doing and put their shows on at a successful venue every single time they go out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I'm still learning.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do things the right way. I'm trying to start small and build it up, but also use my connections out here to help facilitate all those things. So working very very hard at it, and we'll continue to do so.
Speaker 4: Also, I'll be launching a competitive rest competitive to his. He will be like the WWF of his own thing, and I will be like the AEW and we will compete for radisters on the same network.
Speaker 2: Homer J thirty two eighty four wants to know who needs more who WWE and Roman Reigns or ae W and MJF.
Speaker 1: WWE can only benefit from Roman Reigns being on television. He can instantly make that bloodline story more interesting. Right now, it's resting squarely on the shoulders or in recent past, has rested squarely on the shoulders of everyone but him, and his schedule simply doesn't allow it. So it's forced WWE to get creative. It's forced them to evolve because they only have so much access to him. MJF still gives you promos even if he's not going to wrestle. He gives you his presence even if he's not going to wrestle, So I think WWE needs Roman. No, they don't need him more AEW without Max, I don't even know what it would be, but they certainly benefit more from having Roman than not, and AAW already gets Max pretty much every week. So I don't know if that answers your question the way he wanted it to. But I just feel like even when we don't see Max wrestle, we see Max, whereas we just simply won't see Roman, and it's Paul Hayman saying, oh, he doesn't want to be here this week.
Speaker 4: I think that MJF is more important to AW than Roman Reigns is to Because WWE has a million stars, they forced Roman on us, and I think that I think that Roman is just as popular as he's been in a lot of time of w Tomorrow, they could make someone else as big as ANDRS is what I would say. Hey, yeah, there's so many people that could just put in that position that people would go, all right, now, Shinskan Nakamura is the face of this of this show, all right.
Speaker 1: Better way to look at it. Yeah, if they were gone, who would fill that slot? I don't know if someone in AEW could, and you know for sure someone in ww he could. So yeah, I think that's a better way of saying it the way you said it, Jeff.
Speaker 4: It'd be tough to fill those shoes.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one here is coming from Courtney Holland thirty five. What got you both into the wrestling business.
Speaker 1: The person that got me into the wrestling business was a lady at WrestleMania who said you should sit and talk to the McMahon family about wrestling. And I said, yeah, all right, I'll give that a shot. And you can actually hear this in a much more eloquent and better way on episode one, I think at one or two of the podcast from back on season one. But yeah, she said, I want you to talk to Stephanie, Stephanie McMahon and she was head of creative I think at the time, and so I did, and Stephanie said you should talk to my dad, and so I did, and he said you should work here, and so I did. And that's what That's what got me into the wrestling business. Jeff has done not just this podcast, but he's you Jericho cruized how many times now?
Speaker 4: Only once? I've only Jered crcrused once oh, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you did it like three times.
Speaker 3: My bad, My bad.
Speaker 4: Nope, I would if it had me again. It was so much fun to be on those day. That cruise was one of the Finns. What got me into the wrestling as a fan was when I was in kindergarten. My mom set up like a playdate with a kid named Eric Barons. And you know, when you're that age, you barely even know what's going on in life. And I went to his house. I had like Ninja turtles. I had all these kind of things at my house, but at his house he had all these WWF Hasbro toys and I remember seeing the toys whatever it is about this line of toy at that age, I was very like captivated by it. I was like there was like a clown one and a cop one at a giant one named Andre and I just remember looking at him, going, these are so cool. We played with him for about like thirty minutes and he goes, these are real people and I was like what, and he's like, yeah, this is there's like a it's wrestling. It's like a show. And he had like these VHS's and his mom put in the vhs and we were watching him, and I was like holding this going, I'm holding the guy that's like on TV's toy Like it was kind of like this whole he opened it up and from that day on I watched wrestling ever since. But it was pretty deep seated. Why I like wrestling, and that's why I kind of like these toys so much still is because for whatever reason, it just gripped me. And then because I'm such a fanboy mark like Tony Kahan, I will use any of my success to leverage my way into dating a wrestler, or being at a wrestling event, or hanging out with with with some wrestlers, or being on a wrestling podcast. That's the truth.
Speaker 2: Next question, this one's coming from five had zero w fox. Who would be in your Forbidden Door card if every company was representing.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, I mean Champion versus Champion is the ultimate match, right, Roman reigns versus Maxwell Jacob Friedman with Paul Hayman involved in the story as well, that would be just two of the best talkers ever in Hayman and MJF. And Roman is no freaking slouch. He can handle his business now. He's way better than he used to be to get to see that whatever the story was, that that Triumvirate check that word out, learning that from a Deadpool comic book, that Triumvirate would be unreal to have Mjf's mind, Paul Hayman's mind, and Roman Rerains's mind on a rectling story out, that would be the alt and it's so obvious, but that's the ultimate that that that would be the absolute best and it wouldn't matter who won, Just so both promoters know, it wouldn't matter who won.
Speaker 3: The only the fans would win.
Speaker 4: I would It would be a real test of the mic skills.
Speaker 3: But l A.
Speaker 4: Knight versus m JF. You know he got two kind of same sized guys going.
Speaker 3: No, l A.
Speaker 1: Night's bigger, for sure.
Speaker 4: He might be stronger, but he's not taller like he actually yeah you oh yeah, you actually him.
Speaker 1: You know he looks thick, bro, He looks like a linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Or the match that everyone wants to see what Almost versus Big Bill the match and no one can shut up about. Everyone on the internet is talking about it. Formerly known as Big Cast gets to come back over to w and beat the breaks off of Almost which were which everyone's going, Where's Where's almost been? Where's almost been? It's what everyone's talking about. That's that's what they're talking about. Yeah, that's the match.
Speaker 2: Out riveting stuff here quiz. This one is from coss Low three one nine, and this one's for I mean, for the both of you.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Advice for upcoming comedians to stay motivated.
Speaker 3: Them hit them with it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm pretty attention motivated. So even when I was bad at comedy, it was nice to have a bunch of people listening to me. And it's like I really enjoyed the process, Like like I'm up here and everyone's listening and everyone's giving me attention. And then with each laugh, I was like, oh, that's it's intoxicating to get the laugh. And now that I'm good enough to be confident that I'm not gonna bomb, it's that's that's enough motivation for me right there. And then do you slowly start getting paid, that's a good motivator. Money, And then you slowly start getting attention from girls, that's another motivator. So like even nights that I say I'm not gonna do comedy, I find myself over at the improv and they're like hey, we'll throw you on. So it's like, I'm I'm pretty motivated by just how much I love stand up comedy. And if you're having trouble being motivated, then make some comedy friends, you know, go make some other stand up friends who will be like, let's come on, let's go down to the thing. So now you're kind of it's fun. It makes it like you're hanging out more than your making yourself.
Speaker 1: Go do the job excellence. Next question, I can't give advice on that.
Speaker 4: I just agree with what Jeff said for Freddy.
Speaker 2: Are you and Matthew Lillard still in touch?
Speaker 1: We weren't for years after whatever the last movie we did together was, and we went our separate ways.
Speaker 3: And then I randomly saw.
Speaker 1: Him, must have been a year and a half maybe two years ago, in Detroit City in an elevator at a hotel. Like the doors opened and he was there and I was getting in and I went matt and he stood up tall, he went no way, and we had a big hug and a talk outside the elevator for about five ten minutes, and then he went on his way to go see his family. I think it was for Thanksgiving or something, and I went into the hotel and I ran into it. But we didn't exchange numbers or anything. We aren't friends, but we certainly aren't enemies by any stretch of the imagination. We're just we didn't We didn't have a lot in common until we got older, outside of like.
Speaker 3: D and D.
Speaker 1: But other than that, we didn't have a ton to talk about. I've heard this old pro wrestling guy.
Speaker 4: I've heard an old wrestling or not wrestling, an old Hollywood expression where it's like every project that you work on with, like you know, in in show like movies and stuff and TV, it's like it's like a marriage that is going to guarantee to have a divorce, Like you.
Speaker 1: Hang out everything.
Speaker 3: Was the one who said it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you work with each other every day, you make this friendship, you make this like whatever, and then when the project's over, it's kind of this bitter sweet like they've moved on to other projects and you've moved on to another project. It's kind of like, I mean, I remember hanging out Joe Jones every single day for like three months, and now it's like I'm lucky if he texts me on my birthday. You know, it's like it's like it kind of is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even have Matt's number. And Matt, oddly enough, was the person who first said that, saying to me because he worked on Serial Mom with Kathleen Turner, and Kathleen Turner was the one who told it to him, and she was the one who originated.
Speaker 4: That it's so true, saying, yeah, it's sad, man, it's true, it is, but but yeah.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just a part of the business, and everyone has their own relationships outside of work, and you're thrust into into a relationship and thrust out of it because it's usually on location somewhere.
Speaker 3: So yeah, next.
Speaker 2: Torch, Jude, this one's coming from Zach Taddo. What's one thing AW could borrow from WWE and one thing WW could borrow from AE W hmm.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good question.
Speaker 1: WWE is already borrowing a little in the trios sense. They're creating these these factions that aren't manager factions. They're you know, three or four members and they're having triple threat matches. They just won't call them trios. I don't think they'll ever use that term because they didn't create it. So I think they already are, and as far as AW, I like that they're different, but sometimes it's a little two choreographed for my taste, and I like the WWE style.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 1: However, I'm enjoying the matches in AEW overall much more than I am the WWE ones, so long as they're not overly choreographed at times. That usually happens with the tag teams or the trios, and those aren't my favorite types of matches, and less often in the one on one matches on AEW. I think that answers the question in a again in a very long winded way, but this is the only way I can explain.
Speaker 4: I don't know if my answer will really make sense, but I feel like AEW should be a little less d and I feel like it could be a little more Indie. I think they could kind of move the polls a little better in that way, but I don't know if that completely makes sense.
Speaker 1: I actually feel the exact same I wish I would have said that I feel the exact same way. One a little yeah, that's I changed my answer. I said what Jeff said.
Speaker 2: This next one coming up, Joe Nathan, how did you to meet or come together to form this podcast.
Speaker 1: We were introduced through Josh or Kelsey, Josh Wolf, Josh Right, Josh Wolf.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's another stand up comedian named Josh Wolf who's super funny. You guys should follow him Josh Wolfe Comedy on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Really good dude.
Speaker 1: The one of the nicest guys in comedy. He's doing stuff with his son now, which is crazy. Josh and I used to have a podcast, and he's friends with stand up comics, as most stand ups are. Then they kind of sharpen each other all the time or just get to enjoy each other's jokes all the time. And he said, Hey, do you want to do my friends podcast? And I met Jeff and we just clicked right from like before the podcast even started. I was just like, Oh, we're for sure gonna be friends by the time by the time the podcast is over.
Speaker 3: What did you think?
Speaker 4: Well, that is true. So my podcast called Jeff Guy's Friendship Podcast. I intentionally do it in my place because I feel like that brings people's walls down, Like if they walk through my kitchen, they're like, you know, I'm giving them a drink out of like my you know, and then they go up to my they walk up buy my bedroom to come into my podcast. It's like it kind of brings walls down. And Freddy was one of the ones immediately that I was like, dude, this guy rules in every single way. And also my producer at the time producer was a huge Freddy Prince fan, so he was like kind of starstruck and like not talking a lot, but I was like, dude, this Freddy's the best I knew. I was hoping this podcast would go this well. And then also a little no one knows this. Like the day after that podcast, I was like people were like, oh, you had Freddy Prince on, or maybe after it aired. I was already being like, yeah, he's like one of my best friends, like me and fred Like I would like lie like hect like I've known him since nineteen ninety four or something. That's that's kind of how this happened. And then he asked me if I wanted to be on his podcast, this Wrestling one, and now now I'm on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're both wrestling nerds, so it made it. It made it super duper easy. Like I've watched pay per views over at his house I still have to go see you do comedy live though, what kind of doodoo friend of may? I haven't even seen you perform.
Speaker 4: Rarely and that's why. Look, it's like, you know, rarely.
Speaker 1: Should have gone to Fairbanks, should have gone to a real friend goes real friend goes to Fairbanks. Alast all right, you guys. Thus ends the Instagram questions. Thank you so much, you guys for putting them. I'm sorry we couldn't get to all of them, but we'll do another one of these episodes. Stay tuned for Unsanctioned Thursdays where we're going to answer your voicemails. You can hear your voice and see if it's this terrible sounding. It's mine on behalf of the great Jeff die On Freddie Prince Junior and this was wrestling with fred Yeah. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.