Speaker 1: The Niser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Here's Nikky. Hello here, I am welcome to the show with Nickles podcast, coming at you again, live from Los Angeles. Same crew in the room. Brian as yesterday, Brian Frangie.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm gonna say accept.
Speaker 3: Oh. I didn't realize that Connor Hi and.
Speaker 2: Gen z m is no longer with us. She died, but in her stead is my boyfriend Chris Convey.
Speaker 1: Is this where they do?
Speaker 2: Fat Benji probably think this is where a lot of a lot of podcasts I know are shot here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying and popping up more and more.
Speaker 2: The great crew, Yeah, they're great, great guys.
Speaker 1: Are you gen X Chris or elder millennial Chris?
Speaker 5: I wish I was gen X? I wish so bad. I think I relate more closely to that. I wish there was something you.
Speaker 2: Relate to, the one before gen X music.
Speaker 5: I thought, because of my body, I have an old body. Some people have old souls.
Speaker 1: I'm an old body, like.
Speaker 3: I relate to the Silent generation.
Speaker 2: But you're, yeah, you're an old millennial? What are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The elder millennial? I hated.
Speaker 5: I wish there was another name because I don't think that I'm a cusper by cusper. For a while, we were, we were supposed to be gen y right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but then I think it changed. The millennials changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, changed the millennial and that why stupid?
Speaker 2: Why would they?
Speaker 1: Both of them are stupid. Gen X is the coolest.
Speaker 4: We got to grow up during the like the millennium shift. So it's cool, Like, that's.
Speaker 3: Cool for us.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's named after the Will Smith album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're millennials.
Speaker 5: We are constantly getting with it, we're spending time in Miami.
Speaker 2: That album was good.
Speaker 1: Who knew that just twenty years later? I would hate that man with Oh I.
Speaker 4: Just think that was his last hit hit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so funny. No, but I loved that album, the just the two.
Speaker 3: Of Oh yeah, I like that song.
Speaker 2: I like the Miami. I liked getting jiggy with it. I liked Wild Wild West.
Speaker 3: I like, it's like my wife's favorite album of all really, yeah, she loves Will Smith. She loves Will Smith. She made us play one Will smithsung at her wedding, and I was like, all right, because she loves it so much. In black even still, after all the stuff well, so is there more stuff?
Speaker 1: He just he slap slapped. He slapped Chris Rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Jada Pinkett Smith was fucking Jade and Smith's best friend everything.
Speaker 1: But he was cool. He gave it. But yeah, he was like he was watching in a corner.
Speaker 2: I think slap you know, like you could hate him, but I mean, it doesn't take away from the talent he does have. And I think he is probably at heart a really good person, but just got he's wrapped up.
Speaker 5: Forgive him for what he did to Chris Rock. Like jud Abbattou said, he could have killed him, and then and then he's and then he's also like used it as fodder for other things, and it's like he has you don't get to do that.
Speaker 1: I think there was a I haven't.
Speaker 5: Watched it because I will not click on that link, but there was he did something with maybe in Bad Boys three or whatever.
Speaker 3: A joke.
Speaker 2: This industry is garbage.
Speaker 4: Gage's garbage. It does suck, though, because I think it gone away. So if he never slapped Chris Rock, he was kind of like the air apparent to Tom Hanks.
Speaker 1: It's like truly a national treasure.
Speaker 2: He was. He he won Best after.
Speaker 3: That night after and they all give him a standing ovation after I.
Speaker 2: Gave it it was my favorite, but I'm so sorry for what happened to Chriss Rock. It's one of my favorite cultural moments of all time because it's just one of those things that you're like, are we living in a simulation? Like not favorite, Like wow, I had I did have a great time, I gotta say, like talking about it, processing it, being like what the fuck just happened?
Speaker 3: I great for the oscars generally.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I I enjoyed. I would never want that to happened to me, and I'm sad it happened to Chris Rock. But it was. It's just funny. It's crazy. It's too crazy. He don't act like it was like the Ookahoma City bombing. I mean, we're not even gonna joke about it.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 5: He did something that one of the coolest people on the planets, and he stole part of that guy's leg, like you know, like instead of talking about Chris Rock and just he stole something from Chris Rock that he Yeah, Chris, it was Chris can never get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris is fine though, Like he's a he's a multi multi millionaire, like hugely. I'm not saying, like, oh, it's okay that it happened, but it's not a tragedy. I don't think it's more interesting to me.
Speaker 4: It's like it's the equivalent of it was like the last time we had a monoculture moment, yes, where everyone was experiencing something at the same exact time and had like difference of opinions on it, and it was just kind of amazing in that way that the whole world was united.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I liked. I liked the community it brought.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last time this country was united, we forgot about our political differences.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before because we like always talk about like these moments in culture, but I don't know we've we've done it on air. But like, that was so wild thatd that happen, And it was after it was mere years after one of the craziest things to ever happened, which is the wrong Picture nominee was announced the best picture, not just for best sound and editing the best picture. They could have fucked up any of them.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that they brought out two elderly people to do that and they and like it was Warren Baby and Fade Done Away, Oh yeah, and like it's it was just so perfect that it was also La La Land and Moonlight and we're like in this like black Lives Matter moment and it's like the one name you should not read is Lava at this time, like Moonlight needs to win for the world.
Speaker 1: Fade Done Away shaking gas and she looked at Warren Bady and and Warren Bady like they they're confused.
Speaker 4: She grabbed the envelope that for Emma Stone winning Best Actress for La La Lad. So she's just reading Lalla. Why don't they don't they don't grab it.
Speaker 1: So somebody gave it to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like you're not allowed to open this, like it's they give it to you right before you walk on, Like I've had to have something. There's no way she just grabbed it from like a that's crazy that was there follow yeah, oh my god. And then but so Moonlight.
Speaker 1: One correct, isn't interesting?
Speaker 2: I don't remember because it was it took away something.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, took away from me. I remember.
Speaker 4: My whole memory of that thing is Jimmy Kimmel walking out, and then the white producer of Lalla Lamp being like.
Speaker 1: Move light, you won such a good sport? Was such a good sport?
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah, I mean anything can happen. I've been thinking about the Golden Globes and like what it's like something, what if I get slapped? Like what would I do? Like what I would probably do the same thing Chris Rock did and just keep reading and you just have.
Speaker 4: To keep moving on and not do the joke where Cynthia Rivo is the star of g I Jane two.
Speaker 1: Did you just write a great joke? I related that from the dock earlier just to get it out.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so bad. That's so funny, because that would be fun Like if they were a different vibe, that would be a very funny joke to make, like if we all if it was more fresh in people's minds, and like that is so funny. But yeah, like I was just thinking, like just people, it's live. People can just someone could have a heart attack in the room and then what do you do?
Speaker 3: Then I saw you respond to a heart attack and and go like all right, where was this? This was in Cincinnati or.
Speaker 2: Something had a heart attack or in a medical emergency.
Speaker 3: And I just off stage for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hang up the mic. I'm not gonna like try to.
Speaker 1: Know that's the right that's the right way to do it.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not going to try to be funny. I'm gonna try to help, like is there doctors or any doctors here? But then get off. There's no part of me making that funny exactly.
Speaker 4: And then like well, like they're working on him or getting him out or him out of there, Like you can't go back to your act while that's happened.
Speaker 5: Like a check spot, you could hum the tune to staying Alive in case.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: That's the one hundred bpms. There's so many tailors. Are we out of the wood? Jeda, we out of the wood? Jeda, we out of the wood? Jed be out of the wood. Yeah, that's so good.
Speaker 1: That's one of the lyrics.
Speaker 3: Can I just say this about Wicked that we neglect? Yes, I could say in the last episode, I think the most fucked up thing about Wicked is that we're learning about all of these characters and we know that the future is that some woman from Kansas kills the girl in the wheelchair by landing on her with a balloon, and then goes and kills her sister later on by throwing water on her.
Speaker 1: It never dawed on me. The Wicked Witch of the East was the wheelchair.
Speaker 3: Wicked Witch, the wheelchair ladies. It's the sister of the Wicked Witch of the West. And so Dorothy comes kills her way and then kills her sister.
Speaker 1: She kills It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: And then the most fucked up thing of all, how are they gonna.
Speaker 1: Spin that in the MOVI.
Speaker 5: That's that's why I feel like they need a third They need a third installment because right now doesn't basically Wicked rewrite history, because right now Dorothy's a hero, Glinda is a good person, and Wicked is basically asserting that Glinda isn't that good and that it isn't good to kill either of those witches.
Speaker 2: That's right, and that's I think it's interesting that something that we culturally have thought forever is like not what we thought it was. I think that's a good statement of like things aren't always what they seem, and like there's the I think it's a good lesson. Yeah, to dismantle something that culturally like, I found that really interesting, But I also didn't grow up with the Wizard of Oz like this is it's cannon, you know, Like to me, what didn't matter to change it?
Speaker 4: No, me neither, Like I I mean, I watched the Wizard of Oz, but I'm also like yeah, please.
Speaker 3: Well and then the most confusing thing of all is at the end of the movie, it turns out that all of this was just a figment of Dorothy's imagination that she was dreaming, which means this prequel is a prequel to her dream.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't actually exist. It doesn't.
Speaker 4: These are just none of these things. These are a fever dream. Yes, she got hit with a piece of wood in a tornado.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, but all right, well that makes it all even more points. It's so they make new songs for the second one, because they hit all the songs right. There's no songs they left on there.
Speaker 3: There's just not any bangers like define gravity in this. But they'll they'll do refrains, refrains to all the songs like that. You will hear little snippets of those.
Speaker 2: I love when that happens, when a song sounds familiar because you already heard it.
Speaker 5: And then it'll be like the sad version because like a lot of things have.
Speaker 1: Happened, and it's like, so is act to a tragedy?
Speaker 3: I mean no, no, well it does descend into pretty sad territory.
Speaker 4: And then because the first one's like so light and airy that I was like so surprised.
Speaker 3: It's not a tragedy. Although it is a tragedy because the main character dies, so that is in by definition of tragedy, I think, yeah, and but it's it's not entirely a tragedy.
Speaker 1: Nikky wrote a whole musical last night. Do you remember that? It was so funny. I don't remember what.
Speaker 2: I just came home and everything just seemed like it should be a musical. I like was talking like this and I have to go to bed, and I was just like, it's really easy for me to do a musical.
Speaker 1: Boy, he wrote old music, I'm about the Dog.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, you're gonna be in Chicago one day.
Speaker 2: Everything you do just starts to be like this, and you can say everything like this and it just sounds better, and then you just like it just you can just they do throughout the whole movie. Like the only person that started singing where I was like, are they singing or talking? Was uh professor.
Speaker 3: Gonegle Uh yeah from Harry Pottery, the go guy Morley.
Speaker 2: Marble can't sing very well, and neither can Jeff Goldblow, But I like that they put in people, okay singers.
Speaker 3: Did he sing a little bit because he has well he has a song in the second or I don't know if it's a song, but.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean to say they couldn't sing, but like, well, come.
Speaker 1: On, noell was it was labored and then.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like horrible to listen to, but it was not Ariana and Cynthia.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe that's what it is though, like by comparison, those two are you've already heard, You've already heard two of the best voices that ever existed.
Speaker 1: And then Jeff Goldblue, Oh.
Speaker 2: Jeff Cablum. I really liked the last note he hit where I was like, what's he gonna do with this note? And he did something by by He just is interested. He's so Jeff. He's just Jeff Goldblum. Someone goes, how was he I go, he's Jeff gold Yeah.
Speaker 4: You can't look away from Jeff Goldblum is like the most dynamics, like.
Speaker 2: Horny for him, Me and the Wizard, we're gonna be together, Like she's horny for the Wizard. She's like a little girl that has a crush on the wizard, right, a little girl.
Speaker 1: A thirty seven year old little girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to get into that.
Speaker 3: Ever, she's perhaps she crush, but I think it's more just that she's been so maligned by society.
Speaker 4: I think, I think, but I think it's an elderly man paying attention to her where her dad is like so shitty, Yes, like.
Speaker 2: Her dad is like, but that's why girls get into older men in the first place, Like it there is a romance thing, like you can't deny there as a little girl who would have crushes on like the first man you have a crush on, you're never gonna be with. Dave Matthews is eighteen years older than you, but you're like, I somewhere we might be together, like it was giving that it was giving, Like she had a horny crush for Room not when she was like seven, but like the song the Wizard in me are gonna be together forever, like it's horny She's.
Speaker 4: Definitely hornier for him than Fierro, who seems like they're supposed to be horny for each other, but like Fiera is just like horny for the world.
Speaker 2: This guy who reminds me so much of your brother current And I did say before that I like really was feeling this guy's but I'm not. I'm just saying like he is just a star. Everyone's horny for him, like the animals, the women. I love that, I love the hearttop comes on in, the men are swooning.
Speaker 6: It was so.
Speaker 4: Trees get wet as he walks by.
Speaker 1: They do it close up.
Speaker 2: Of like, yes, I mean it really was that he was just so like great, but I liked the chemistry between him and Alphabet. I felt like it's all about like he only liked her because she was like not that into him, and she was definitely horny for him because he because who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be sure he's the prince, Yeah he got.
Speaker 2: Her, but then everyone but then.
Speaker 1: But he's also like what he's the prince of what?
Speaker 4: And then alas Dad is the governor of.
Speaker 1: And they're all like his university.
Speaker 3: This is the Wizard of Oz. His rhymes with wits like maybe that's why.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's actually you're probably right.
Speaker 2: I loved looking at Ariana's face, it's beautiful. I loved looking at Alphabet's studying, like, what's the girl makeup? It's so good. There's both. I mean, it was just it was just really.
Speaker 4: Want to.
Speaker 2: When they say they're singing live, I'm like, I'm sorry, she is flying through the air. Where was the live here? This was all done in posts. There's that doesn't make sense for most of the movie where they go they sang live. It does not make sense that they are singing live, and I call bullshit on it. And another thing, oh here we go the show. Here's another thing. Wicked is like this triotis on animal rights and how we should fight for the animals and the animals should not be caged and they shouldn't be our slaves. And so I'm like, this is fucking awesome, Like I love that this message is like so strong throughout the thing. It's kind of unexpected. We talked about it. It feels like it shouldn't even be in it. But I'm like, okay, great. As a vegan, I love this. I'm like, this is so fucking cool. And then I'm like one hundred percent this set was vegan, Like, how could they make a movie about this and not? And there's no fucking it was.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I googled Wicked set vegan. There's no even mention of it. There's not enough Peter look into this because I'm sorry. Thanks for the help, but also no thanks, because unless you're gonna live and promote veganism throughout the movie and like live by this.
Speaker 3: I think in the world of Wicked they are vegans. I still think they eat and meat. It's just that there are certain animals who can talk, and those animals deserve to be It's.
Speaker 4: Clear bach bachan Slater, he eats rats.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about him.
Speaker 2: I can't talk about him. I don't want to broke.
Speaker 1: I am so broken because I can't.
Speaker 2: I turned my mom, Okay, so I knew. My mom didn't know the backstory of what was going on behind the scenes of Wicked. And in case you don't know, we're talking about the guy that Ariana is now dating, even Slater, who plays who plays back back and who plays SpongeBob on Broadway, which none of us would have known unless everyone was just trying to trash him so hard, like it's not a fact about him that like everyone's like, oh, yeah, just used can you play she's dating sponge Bob? But I I was so excited to have the little nugget in my back pocket to whisper to my mom halfway through and I go, and it was the scene where the Prince was with him, you know, And I go, that's who Ariana is now dating. And my mom goes the prince oh, and I go, no, no, no, no, no no, And she was who like she was like the goat, Like she is awesome. It's such an awesome piece of trivia. Half and when he shows up on screen and they have like an interaction, I can't believe the whole audience doesn't gasp. I love when I find out, like I didn't know the timeline of how they met, and I know it's none of my business and I shouldn't look into it, but I'm gonna like I can't wait to find out, like did they meet at craft services? Like did they meet during rehearsals? Like when did this shoot? Like when did it all go down? Mister and missus Smith's style? Why is no one talking about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, it really is.
Speaker 4: Miss there are modern day and Joe.
Speaker 2: And will none of my business? Again, and as someone who is now in the celebrity world and not allowed to be commenting on these things, but fuck, I'm sorry. I have an opinion about it and it's none of my business, I know. But will it last beyond the wickedness of it? Is it? Is it a is a show? Is it a showman?
Speaker 1: I hope not?
Speaker 2: What's last for her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it makes it to you at least part two.
Speaker 2: It's better. There spent a lot of time together.
Speaker 1: We take a break.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna go to break come back. So, yes, you did not see wicked?
Speaker 3: So who saw my old ass?
Speaker 2: I saw it?
Speaker 3: You saw it? Did you see it?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Okay did you cry cry during it? Oh?
Speaker 6: You don't?
Speaker 2: Then you did it because it was It's not an option.
Speaker 3: I mean I saw a body cry all the time?
Speaker 2: What you cry during my old ass? It is?
Speaker 3: I can't remember, like a legitimate cry. I might have teared up, but my old I didn't cry.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the main girl looks exact like gen ZM.
Speaker 1: Do you yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: Like identical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she acts like her a little bit too.
Speaker 2: She talks like her and acts like her. She is so her. And so I told gen ZM, like, you got to see this movie like she is so you and gen ZM watched it and I said, and by the way, you're gonna cry, Like there's just no way that you're not going.
Speaker 3: It is a beautiful It reminds me of do you ever see Francis Ha. Yeah, yes, but that movie, I was like hysterical, Okay, I real that really hit me for some reason. And this is similar to that's coming of age story.
Speaker 2: It's so good and it really I didn't want to cry because sometimes I have to say this is such a lame quality about myself. But sometimes I I don't want to say, pride myself on it. But like I like that I'm not just like a girl who cries at everything. Like sometimes I think like I'm around a lot of girls and they're like they cried everything, and I'm just like, because I'm not moved by a lot of stuff, I think I have to put my foot down and be like I'm not I'm a girl who doesn't I'm not like the other girls. I don't cry at things. So it's like kind of becomes this part of my identity that I'm like, I'm hard in more than most girls.
Speaker 5: I have to do a lot of work to get you to cry.
Speaker 2: You did it, but I do cry every so often. But I thought with this movie, I was just like, just there were a couple of I think Anya told me she cried, and then who else. Someone was like, Oh, it's gonna get you so hard, and I was like, nope, I'm not going to be tricked by this.
Speaker 1: Is it more of a tear jerker than the Amazon janitor commercial?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: The Amazon janitor commercial storyline was stolen from last season of America's Got Talent, where they had an actual janitor from Indiana who was very good at singing, and the school children all heard him singing and the raised money for him to fly to Pasadena so he could audition for America's Got Talent. He was amazing.
Speaker 2: You have his album?
Speaker 3: Now I have his album. Yeah, it's called Sweeping Away with Ury Banks.
Speaker 2: So wait. The Amazon commercial is like, kids like here janitor singing, and they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's like if the people all get together. But it reminded me of the pop star line.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 5: What if a janitor was actually smart.
Speaker 2: That we're pulling apart? What if? Oh yeah, there's that's so good? Popstar are so good. We talked about that.
Speaker 3: I don't like when commercials abuse emotional reactions from the people are selling things too. I don't want to. I don't want to be influenced emotionally by corporations.
Speaker 1: Oh they're doing it all the time.
Speaker 3: There's so many right now. There's the ones where like there's one where the grandfather died and then they're at like a family get together and the mom's like, I just wish he was here. And then the grandson is there being talked to by the uncle, and and then they're like, you should go save the grandson. To the other guy. This is a really good explanation. But the end of that, but the end of it is the kid goes, I want to be just like my grandfather, and then the dad goes, you already are, and he's choking up, and then it's like John Deere.
Speaker 1: Literally just got a little teary eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah hearing the synopsis.
Speaker 1: That so sweet?
Speaker 2: Okay, I hate I hate it.
Speaker 3: I am emotional manipulation.
Speaker 4: Do you hate it because it's John Deere and you just hate's heartland?
Speaker 1: Would you like it? More of it was for Prime Energy.
Speaker 5: For Codo packsy he wants multi colored.
Speaker 2: Outdoor stand out, wanting to be.
Speaker 3: Emotionally manipulated by a corporation for the sake of selling things. Okay, it doesn't work on me.
Speaker 2: To me, I would if I didn't get into entertainment, I probably would have gotten into I think I saw myself as like a John ham Madman, like a creative person at an ad company, And I think that's a really soulless job. So it must be a real home run when you are able to write a little story with a thirty second commercial that like fuck the product, but then that just grasps the people's attention. Like I do think that there is some artistic integrity in it for these people that have like are truly artists. But like they didn't just they.
Speaker 5: Didn't they sold out, They sat them for the page.
Speaker 2: They didn't find stand up.
Speaker 1: Come I want to buy a house at twenty four?
Speaker 2: Yeah that had I not found stand up like it just I got lucky that I didn't end up in doing that. And the man, they get beaten down.
Speaker 1: I'm so disgubing.
Speaker 5: The older I get, the more I'm just disgusted by ads and ads.
Speaker 2: Disgusted.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere. There's billboards everywhere.
Speaker 5: And then I feel like if I listen to too much of an ad on like a TV show or something else, I feel like they got me, and so I skip as many ads as I can to be like they're not getting to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: Well, they say they've done studies about this, and they say that the best way to not have an ad get you is to pay attention to it and critique it. If you just let it kind of like uh over you, it seeps into your subconscious and then your influence without even realizing it.
Speaker 2: There are some of the worst ads I've ever seen. I have you guys seen these mattress firm ads? Okay, so mattress Firm, I guess is already being kind of like people are saying it might be a front.
Speaker 5: Can I just say that the whole mattress industry is like, it's got they should do with John Stewart, John Oliver thing on it. It has got to be like the most corrupt industry in the world they did.
Speaker 1: They're just making up numbers on mattresses.
Speaker 3: They did an episode of Adam Ruins Everything called Adam Ruins Sleep and guess who wrote it you that's right me, Yeah, yeah, I wrote it. You ruined Everything, I ruined the mattress.
Speaker 5: Yes, episode exists, Well, good, we shall watch it because it is. I was buying mattresses in New York like fifteen years ago, and I'm like, what is going on here? Everybody's given you a different answer for the same product. You go back and then there's it's so shady.
Speaker 1: Something is going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well, they've said that these mattress firm places are just fronts because no one's ever in them. They're always having huge sales. They're always that they're just money money laundering for.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because they don't need to sell that many mattresses to stay in business. It really is like a billboard like each building. That's why there's so many of them. They're always well am store in Times Square exactly, it's like a billboard. You're only need to sell like one or two mattresses a month to pay the rent.
Speaker 2: Can I just talk about these commercials because they're so heinous. Yes, I wrote it down on my phone to be like, I need to talk to people.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: I love believe that there needs to be a show or podcast that just reviews commercials.
Speaker 2: The person that created these commercials commercials needs to be out of the business and like kicked off and everyone involved. I really, I am putting you out there like I think you should be docks, like I think your family you need to find these people. No, I just I think this is truly the I would love an investigative podcast of how these commercials came to be. And this was what leads me to believe it's a front because they actively look like they're trying to get people to not buy a mattress. So the whole thing is it's it's how do you sleep at night? So they'll have someone someone behaving just disgustingly, and then someone will look at them and go, yes, how do you sleep at night? Like it'll be like a guy with his fingers in the guacamole at a party and he's just licking it on his fingers and then some guy looks at him goes, oh my god, what are you doing? And he goes, how do you sleep? At night and the guy's looking guacama. He goes, I sleep and it's all not long, and then it cuts to all night long and then it's that guacamole guy on a mattress for a mattress. Why would you ever want to associate your brand with a guy who licks his fingers after eating? And then there's another one where a woman is yelling at her kid for being weak on like playing pee football or she's like yeah, wake, yeah suck, and a woman next to her on the bleacher is like, how do you sleep at night? And she was like, well, I sleep all night. Look, and it shows that woman on her mattress at home and the same clothes she's wearing. It's like, why would that pitch ever work in any way? Ever?
Speaker 1: We are living at a time where we it pays to be a villain.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what makes me think people these people are celebrated. You want to be like that person that just does what they want.
Speaker 3: Well, the commercial works because we're talking about it on this podcast. Now, that's the whole point of the commercial.
Speaker 2: I guess why wouldn't you do the flip side? Like, why wouldn't you have that person.
Speaker 4: Like because good people don't sleep well.
Speaker 2: Recently, there's like some meme going around that like Democrats women who are Democrats like don't sleep well and Republican women sleep just fine. It's like yeah, or they have more depression or Something's like uh huh, I denying that.
Speaker 4: Like for the last like three months, I'm just waking up at three am for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Why it's better to be a Republican. Like at some point you can just go, you know what, I'm just going to be a Republican and every I don't be happy, I'll finally be happy.
Speaker 2: Take you out to sea. Yea, yes it feels yeah. I think about it all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just switch over and forget about all this bullshit and just get money. What am I going to do have money?
Speaker 1: I don't need to be cool and just give it up.
Speaker 3: What am I going to be sixty five years old? Responding to people's tweets? I mean it's it's like, just accept the fact that the world is shit's corrupt and the only people that are happy are people with money.
Speaker 2: It's it. I mean, yeah, I have accepted it. I don't listen to any news anymore. My mom is constantly, Like she showed up the other night at Forrest's birthday and she showed up. We're all like festive, and my mom just watchs and she goes, oh god, did you hear I'm just like, what's what now? What is going on? She's like, oh, your dad may be listened to the news on the way here, this fucking Trump. And I'm like, wait, we are three weeks out. Give up, I've let go. You're still hearing about him. I don't hear about him at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If Twitter, I'm like, I'm I'm your Blue Sky and yeah I'm.
Speaker 1: On Blue Sky.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you made it posts.
Speaker 1: I switched over to blue Sky. I love it.
Speaker 4: But also I'm just blissfully ignorant because there's no like search function, so I don't see news. Yes, just follow comedy accounts, and I'm just like not laughing because no one's funny, but like, yeah, but at least I'm seeing attempts.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, just I'm just tapped. I'm out. I've given up in a in a different way. I just am not paying attention anymore at all.
Speaker 3: It is it's it's important not to pay attention, because it really is all the sensationalless bullshit. For example, Hunter Biden was just pardoned by Joe Biden, which is like he should be no big deal, right, pardon your son, and also like they.
Speaker 2: Would do it or like way worse things.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I mean Trump is a convicted felon and they voted for him. So the fact that you'd get mad at it doesn't make it hardening your son.
Speaker 2: It's non news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're so mad that Hunter Biden is maybe.
Speaker 4: The coolest guy to ever live. It's so brad. Honestly, that is the one benefit of being like, you know, like a Democrat in your fifties. Your Hunter Biden cool. You're smoke crack with a different anora every night.
Speaker 1: He's so fucking rack.
Speaker 3: You don't need to be privy to like the sensationalist bullshit where every because it's all horseshit trying to get you to click. So they're gonna have to make up more and more ship to be angry about because they're all in charge. So they're gonna have to just pullshit out of nowhere, and it's just gonna be a waste of everyone's time. It's just it needs to just go back to no one paying attention. And that's how we'll say it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was so fun Obama years where I just kind of really didn't know anything that was going on except like being like.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Inner Pol released a new album. Are you guys? Are we? Is everybody watching an English Teacher? Have we talked about that yet?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's you've talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Best. He's actually written to me and been like, yeah, it's a home run.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to the English Teacher World.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, we're I think we're six episode five or six episodes and there's eight eight episodes total and I'm going through my second run in three weeks and I love it. I would go I woud watch it all over.
Speaker 3: What is the English Teacher World?
Speaker 2: It is like Abbot Elementary and always Sonny and thirty Raw No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's you know, Abbitt Elementary, ain't always Sonny. It feels like there's like, you know, they're they're kind of have they have dirt, bad characters, but set in like the world of being like we're trying to like you know, like push up the mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, help kids, and then and the main character really does care about teaching and wants to do be a good person, but he also is like a gay narcissist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so funny. It's such a great show. Sean Patton's incredible hones Like.
Speaker 5: He's unbelievable, It's it's it's girl instills my face.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: Obsessed with her. And Chris would be like looking at his phone, I go, we have to go back, you have to see her face in the shot, like, and he goes, it's that good, and I go, it's that good and you you like you loved it.
Speaker 1: They're walking the perfect balance between subtle and sensational. Yeah, every every single character, Yes, yes, yes, and the main guy is.
Speaker 2: He's you have so much fun watching it, Brian, like news your faith in TV.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love all FX shows pretty much, and I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: It's pretty wild that like the show is so grounded but also can be broad enough to include somebody like Carmen Christopher who is playing a guidance counsel. Oh, that guy's so funny, insane, Like, I like, I'm a huge Carmen Christopher fan, Like every every one of his short films are just like complete bangers.
Speaker 1: But to see him in a TV show is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything about him before a stand.
Speaker 4: He was in the bay or he's like friends with the bigger Man. He does not fit it on that show at all. No, he fits in so well.
Speaker 2: On a perfect Yeah, he's perfect on this one. It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: Effects is like the only place doing anything of note. It's just it's just crazy and television. They're the only ones doing development. They're only ones that are taking risks and making shows that are like worth watching. Like everything that they make is worth watching, even if it's not that good.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like it's like art, Yeah, still making art.
Speaker 3: Even HBO kind of fell off a little bit because they got sucked up into like the Game of Thrones, where were like they need to have.
Speaker 1: This hates Big Daddy's ass. Yeah, big Daddy calling them that.
Speaker 2: But you just said that you saw James a Caster's special on HBO, and that's what everyone needs to watch it now because I'm gona watch it.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. Like I love him, I just find him obsessed. Every special of his is just like.
Speaker 4: So unique, Like I really love the British style of stand up where it's not up at all.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, like when I like when they just do something totally different. But he is so.
Speaker 5: When it's good, it's great, and when it's bad, it's it's it's the worst bad net.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it bad Net? Nanette?
Speaker 2: No, when it's isn't she a New Zealand, She's New.
Speaker 1: Zealand and New Zealand.
Speaker 3: It's all the same thing. They ran the risk.
Speaker 2: This it's important that you say that.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. It's important and I bow down to it.
Speaker 2: But James Acaster, I can't wait to watch it. It's called Heckler's Welcome, and he like invites people to heckle him during the entire show.
Speaker 4: Yes, he gives four rules at the beginning of the show of what the audience is allowed to do.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's so great.
Speaker 4: It's like really about all the things he learned in therapy and like why he does stand up even though he hates it. He hates it and he's like, I hate doing this, I hate performing.
Speaker 1: I hate you guys.
Speaker 2: He was talking about some show where they're like you hate it. He's like, yes, and you hate doing this too, Like he called it, I think he called up the host for being like and we you probably hate this too. Everything's a job. It all sucks, but I'm fascinated to see it because he is He's truly an original and doing something so different, and every clip of I just think he's so vulnerable. Yeah, Like I first saw him on The Great British Bakeoff and I don't even watch it, so it's just a clip of him doing a celebrity one where he completely fucks up the cake that he's making. And it's really funny. Like he makes like an ocean scene and so he's like, taste the ace and you taste anything in that and they're like, I don't know, and he's like, salt. It makes is salt because it's the ocean, and it's like he but he bombs so hard on it, but he's like really swept up, and it just he seems like he's being real.
Speaker 4: He has that perfect summary where like they ask him what happened and he's like, I tried to make a cake.
Speaker 1: How to break down here it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, if you get at the heart of it, it's like he's just being himself and it's really refreshing. There's like, no artifice there. I don't I don't think. I mean, sure there is in some way, but he doesn't seem to trying to be anyone but himself.
Speaker 4: No, it's refreshing, it's incredible, and I've just like never watched a special where like he has more a therapy speak, where like he tells the story of like him being humiliated in front of all of his classmates when he's five, and he's like five, yes, and he's like, and now I realize why I perform is because of this. My therapist said that, So when you are not laughing at me, you're also laugh not laughing at the five.
Speaker 1: Year old who's on stage with me that I'm protecting.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that is so therapy because that is like I was talking to Anya today because Anya did a call with the Wall Street Journal. They're doing a piece on me, and they needed someone who's like been with me from for a really long time and witnessed like the rise or whatever. And then Anya was texting me before to be like to just gain some insight.
Speaker 3: Can we do that after the break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll go into it right after this break, And so Anya, I go, hey, uh, so I sent her this. They said, I hope to speak with a friend of Nikki's, someone close to her who can talk about this moment in her career, how she's approaching the fame and pressure. Is anyone available for a ten minute call? And I said any Are you free? She said yes, and she goes, anything you'd want me to say or not say? I said, no, you can say whatever. She said, okay, I said, tell them I'm depressed all the time, me no care and uh, because she's witnessed a lot of that, and I'm like, yeah, tell them like the bad. I don't know people will rate it, but only people that like already love me and can accept it. And she said, lol, it's deaf, not a cake walk. But you're a Midwestern workhorse, so it's in your blood. And I said, what is Sorry, I don't understand it. She said being a workhorse. I said, yeah, I don't know. My parents both are hard workers, but they don't feel like they'll die if they stop working, which is how I feel. And she said where do you get that from? I said, I'm a three And I said if I don't accomplish something great, if I'm not extraordinary, I have zero value. Also, I'm addicted to dopamine. She said, right, But enneagrams are from family Systems slash dynamics, so it's partially your role in your family. I said, I don't know about that. I have to earn lots of money and fame to protect them. Maybe I don't see it as I need to be like the comic relief, Like I don't relate to comedians that are like my mom was suppressed, so I had to be the one that make her laugh. Like that wasn't that's not me? What was that?
Speaker 1: That was me? Growing up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm the exact opposite where really got to make her cry.
Speaker 2: I mean kind of yeah, well you're not worried about your mom's.
Speaker 4: Happiness, but growing up that was like yeah, really a lot of my first.
Speaker 1: Performing was like trying to get her to like, you know, stopping sad. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I noticed Nolan doing it like with Aaron, like like like doing like bits and stuff like hey read the room, buddy, Like.
Speaker 1: That's my big.
Speaker 2: It's true. It's such a thing that like kids learn how to do, like they can manage what's going on, and like if I make mommy happy, if I tell her she looks beautiful if I'm sweet, like when they start to do like I think my friend's kid recently started like picking up on some kind of like weirdness that was happening and like overcompensating and they're like, is that bad. I'm like, I think so. But also they're gonna be who they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be, going to be something something else.
Speaker 2: It can't be happy all the time, and it's adorable and you.
Speaker 3: Are happy all the time, that might cause the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she said dangerous was your first word, and that reminded me that it was because I was really scared child. But she was trying to like get at it, and I said, yeah, it wasn't about that. It was about it definitely was about wanting their attention, like they watched TV. They love TV, but it wasn't about getting their attention as much as like they represent the world to me, So I'm like, oh, to be important in the world. Mom and dad watch TV, so they're the world. So everyone must love watching TV. But I come to find and we came to find out when I did start getting kind of like notoriety and being on things. My parents are miffed when people don't care, like absolutely can't handle it when people don't when they tell them that their daughter is going to be on TV? Did you know that? I said it to my tennis group. None of them watched you on the Tonight sho last night. None of them they couldn't stay up. They like, they couldn't believe it, so they they sold a thing that they also believe. They think the whole world cares about this, And I have learned from being in this job that people don't care about it as much as you think. There are some people that really care about Hollywood and TV, but most people don't.
Speaker 3: I would like, if you're in a tennis group and like, you go, my daughter's on the ten night show, or you wouldn't be at least curious. I think those people are just pretending to not care. This is like this week least curious.
Speaker 2: No, it's jealousy, and so they don't because they're so jealous and they can't admit it.
Speaker 4: But I'm constantly thinking about this because like, truly, to me, Hollywood is everything and like yeah, yeah, no, I know, I still kind of believe. That's where I'm like, why wouldn't you care about this? Because it's like the thing I've dedicated my entire life to. It's so foreign to me. And then I think about like all.
Speaker 1: The people who are just like truly happy.
Speaker 4: And like, I'm like, I don't understand that, Like that doesn't feel real to me. And like so I'm like, I guess it's the same thing, but like, but that's just me talking in therapy about how like I'm like, why wouldn't someone care or think it's the most interesting thing the entire world that I have like opinions to say and people listen to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cool. It boggled my mind when people wouldn't care about because I would have cared so much about someone I knew being on TV or having a TV show taping in their town, or like even my parents and my loved ones, like not wanting to be on my reality show, even at that late of an age, like five years ago, four years ago, when I was pitching it, it didn't even occur to me that no one in my life would would not want to be on a TV show around show why wouldn't you You're on TV? Which is such a naive thing because most people do not want that kind of intrusiveness in their life. At all, but that it didn't. It wasn't like I was dying for it. It was just like, wouldn't you want birthday cake?
Speaker 3: Like it was like, would turn it down?
Speaker 1: We were talking about this on the road. We both were I tried to turn it down.
Speaker 2: You you, but that was a reason that I like really knew I loved you because you didn't want to do this thing, but you knew, but it was important to me in our relationship. And so you did the thing you really didn't want to do and you did okay, and look at us, Yeah you did it.
Speaker 5: You did it, and then I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both did watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's impossible to watch yourself as.
Speaker 3: Describable on reality and all the angles too.
Speaker 4: I mean, but we were talking about this on the road, where like we were like both we wanted to be on.
Speaker 1: The real world like at young ages.
Speaker 4: And it's like that was like so informative because none of my friends wanted that.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, watch TV and don't want to be on it. When I was a kid, I thought, I see with thought everything. Everyone wanted to be an actress and be famous.
Speaker 1: It's what it was like.
Speaker 4: There was a kid from my school who was on Broadway and Sound of Music, and like I was, we all went as on a class trip and the entire way home on the bus, I was just ship talking him because.
Speaker 1: I was so chillous.
Speaker 2: Okay, remember the movie Election with Remember the girl that plays like the dork in the movie that she is Chris Klein's sister. Yeah, she was at she went to Webster, which are our other high school, Like it was Kirkwood and Webster, and she was this girl that was picked out of obscurity to be in this picture. I couldn't have been more jealous of anyone in my life, and no one seemed to be bothered by it. And I was like, this is absurd, Like I just I remember when I when I was young and was like you know, in high school and I've told this before, but I was like, you know, in love with Dave Matthews. And I told all my friends like I'm gonna, you know, meet him some day and so I'll just I'm sure like he'll fall in love with me. And they're like, no, you won't. Why would you ever meet him? Like because I'm gonna be famous. They're like what, Like I was so offended that they didn't think it could happen. And also, why wouldn't you want to be famous, Like you want to be a dentist, like a famous dentist, Like like a dentist who gets on TV somehow and there's a show about him. Like, but I think that's the culture we live in now, where anyone can be famous for doing anything.
Speaker 5: I didn't have this with like Hollywood and being in shows or anything like that. But for sports, I would like I'd be at a game and be.
Speaker 1: Like, God killed to be out there.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean I would love to be out on that field when I would be shooting by myself.
Speaker 4: I would always be playing these scenarios where I play for the University of North Carolina and I was up against Duke and I had like three seconds to hit a shot in my driveway and I was like this. So I've always, oh, no matter what, I've always put myself at the top of something. Yeah, like here I am the point guard for the university, like never realistic, not like oh, like I'm off the bench at Wagner University.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is it so sad when you realize you're not going to be that Because I.
Speaker 1: Honestly, No, there's never there's there like, no, you haven't let it go.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you're still dreaming?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, I'm still dreaming, but not in a like.
Speaker 2: But you know you're never going to be Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I could see. I was thinking about this honestly last week.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, if I just like golf every single day, I could probably get on the senior Probably I've done.
Speaker 5: I've done math like that on things at different stages of my life.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm twenty.
Speaker 5: Six, I could probably practice kicking, punting, and I bet you, I bet you I can. If I dedicate my life to it. In a few years, I could be good enough to like go play in Canada.
Speaker 2: And then you went back to sleep for six hours.
Speaker 1: Y yeah.
Speaker 5: And then and then I watched and then I watched a Fifth Wheel marathon.
Speaker 2: Eliminate Limit Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, my name's Jessica, and I'm here to knock it out of the park.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Eliminate was so fun.
Speaker 3: We need a final thought?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, final thought? Do you have one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No I don't, So I just announced that we needed a final thought, because that's.
Speaker 2: Being told my night is so long ahead of us. I don't even want to leave here. I have to go get a SPRAYTND right after this, maybe shoved down a salad that we got early because I'm going a time.
Speaker 1: We're not doing dinner. The group here is dinner.
Speaker 2: No, we're well, I'm getting a spreadan while we talk about Golden Globe stuff and have our.
Speaker 1: All of us. Yeah, oh good, so together.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll all be together. We'll go to our new apartment that we just moved into, and.
Speaker 1: Then we move into a new apartment. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like it's like a temporary like living space. It's nice though, I'm excited. Ye, I like it during.
Speaker 1: Before yes, yes, yeah, they're working on the road.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about anywhere?
Speaker 2: Can we can't. We can't talk to me like the makers of the commercials that I want to be taken.
Speaker 1: Peo robertson Final Thought. Listen to Fat Benji podcast.
Speaker 2: It's so many podcasts are taped. Care you'll it?
Speaker 1: No, I have, I've seen it.
Speaker 3: What do you have coming up this week?
Speaker 2: So freaking much. Tomorrow I have a Wall Street Journal photo shoot that's for starts at eight am. Again. The hair, makeup. I'm gonna try to go to Plate's at six thirty am. You got my schedule right there. Let me just let me just let people in on this.
Speaker 1: He's all orange.
Speaker 3: It's just me Halloween orange.
Speaker 2: It's like my skin tone after and okay, it's like so tomorrow, yeah, Wall Street Journal photo shoot, then a meeting with a very important person, a meeting that I'm very excited about with a writer person. And then I have three sets, one at the Improv, another with the Improv, one at the laf Factory, and then another one I think somewhere else tomorrow night. That's tomorrow. And then the next day, five am, hair and makeup, I am hosting the Hollywood Reporter event for like the hundred women in Hollywood that they're honoring, like Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lawrence and Selena Gomez.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to eight Comb to.
Speaker 2: Do a prompt read at seven thirty. O. My god, that's fucking Wednesday, Wednesday, and I have to we have to still write that speech I'm giving at the beginning. And then I have a photo shoot for four hours just to get new promo photos for tour. And then I have maybe plates at six pm, but that's not looking likely. And then I have three sets that night and we'll probably meet about the thing. And then Thursday, a film crew is following me around all day to do a bunch of stuff, and you have an appointment with doctor Ross. I see that here, and then I am.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: And then Friday, I am introducing Parasilton at the jingle Ball, so everyone tune into that.
Speaker 3: Oh what's that? It's well, I don't know what where is that? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I think it's no, it's in Inglewood, so into it dome, really it.
Speaker 1: That place is cutting edgyhere.
Speaker 3: Getting into there is a little dice.
Speaker 1: Not for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be for you, driven in vowels. But I get to introduce Parasilan and I hope she's singing my new favorite song, adhd that she hits her new pop song. But it's a jingle but so I think maybe it's gonna be like a holiday themed kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, she should just do Stars are Blind. I mean, that's oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 2: And I also have a fitting that.
Speaker 3: Day for then what about this weekend?
Speaker 2: And then this weekend? Then I'm going to find a Vancouver on Saturday, and then I'm going to do some sets in Vancouver, possibly to try to work on the Golden Globe set. And then Sunday, I'm singing the last Arastour.
Speaker 3: Is in Vancouver, where it is the last day. That's why you're going to Vancouver. You're just going to pop into sets in Vancouver because.
Speaker 2: The night before because I don't want to write not making it there because it's there's no direct So then and Sunday I'm seeing the very last airstore, my twenty second show. Wow, and I'll put that part of my life to sleep, as she will that night too. Well, she's I can't I can't keep going to airstores.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: At some point it's got to end. You know, my old ass taught us anything, is that things have to come to an end at some point.
Speaker 2: This podcast, yep, and that's why that would be a good ending. Oh wait, I wanted to play. This is Emily reacting to my old ass because she's like, don't even pretend I'm not still here. She's like in the next room. I had no idea, So she texted me, She's like, don't even pretend. Oh and She sent me the text from it too. You're so thorough. She goes, Oh my god, I'm watching my old ass. And this girl looks oh, I said this, And this girl looks exactly like you. She said, stop haha, I mean Sleigh Mazie Stella, except I would not wear most of those clothes. I said, yes, okay, iconic. I'll take this as a compliment, proudly, thank you, I said, you should. She's gorgeous. Never seen her before, You've never seen Nashville, And I said, and she has a similar vibe. And how's how she talks? And she goes, please buy catch me in a gown every day?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: This is if this is the energy I give. And she sent a picture of Mazie Stella. But she looks so cute. This is a good look for you, Emily, and I go, I go, no, like how she talks. Also, this is a legit cool look. Okay cool. I stood by it. Said, well, why the fuck can't I sing like her? Then? Why did I not get that talent? And by the way, I heard you singing on the way in here because we were singing Birds of a Feather Emily, and you fucking you, you can sing and I know you can. You're hiding a secret good voice, sneaky good voice. A fish song, No Birds of a Feather, the Billie Eilish song. We were both singing it together and then on the way and she like did a verse you cat, You know when you catch some one being a good singer and you're like, oh, you have a talent.
Speaker 1: Fuck you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to me like sing all the time, you know, And so anyway, this is her, uh after she watched it. Okay, So I just finished the movie. This is everyone watching this.
Speaker 6: And I had to document this because I was like, we we were just talking about the card and I couldn't remember if you were a sleeper, not about like if we get upset by like movies or songs, like if you could like be emotional from them, and I literally I think it's because you told me I look like her, so I then it was like more empathetic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was funny because she was watching it and she does look exactly like her, so she was like that's me for like made her cry. But I was really trying so hard in that movie to be like it's not going to get me, and we're at the end of it, and I'm texting on you being like, nope, sorry because there's emotional things. I'm like it could have gotten me. But then man, it hit me so fucking hard, sobbing, and I was with my dad and my mom was very embarrassing. It wasn't like we were in a dark theater and I could just pretend I had allergies like I would, and we were all just messes and it's about family and like death and like people getting older, like so it was just like very resonant and like just I would just suggest watching it alone or with people you're comfortable crying with, or watch it like Brian and don't cry at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was still.
Speaker 3: I was angry, actually did out when the big reveal happened.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was rally cry no, you know no, and you know why in the movies defense, we dipped, We dipped in and out.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah you gotta say it that.
Speaker 3: Yeah I went in and out. I didn't then you'll like it, but I do. I can see how it would make people cry. I think maybe if I was in a theater, I would cry, And I did not cry.
Speaker 2: I was like Sean I can't wait for to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will watch it because it's you.
Speaker 2: You'll love it. It's just like it's so it's such a movie you'll like.
Speaker 4: I mean the fact that there's a twist that makes everyone cry and lets me know. There was a movie called Me Earl and the Dying Girl where I watched it on the plane and I also was drunk and.
Speaker 1: I just started sobbing on the plane.
Speaker 3: Earl in the Dying girlane movie cry is so good.
Speaker 4: And I was like crying and to the point where I was like talking to the person, I like, why.
Speaker 1: Would they do that?
Speaker 2: What did we watch on a plane? And didn't like, Oh, I'm not going to say, because it's like in all people. Let yeah, just going, okay, we got to go. Thank you guys for listening to the show. I love you, Jobeka, and bye. The Nicky Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by Me Nicky Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie. Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans and Noah Avior. Edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton, and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nikki Glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel