Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning, The Breakfast Club Morning, Everybody's dj n V. Just hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the belt.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: No book, The Pretty Victory one hundred Day Guide to resent to yourself and find your purposes out right now, how you feeling?
Speaker 3: I feel so good, I feel blessed, black and just you know, obsessed with this book now, you know, I'm just excited for this journey, like it came from a text message via social media posting and now just having my own book, like it's just it's amazing feeling.
Speaker 4: For it makes sense for you to have a devotional book for affirmations because all you do is send us devotionals and affirmations every day.
Speaker 5: Yes, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: So it's clearly on brand for your brand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know what I love about it because you're just gonna jump straight into it because myself got other press.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 6: So you know what I love about it is you had said in your and it's not really a chapter, but it's a segment how to use this book. You said it took you one hundred days right to start thinking new and doing new.
Speaker 7: Things.
Speaker 6: What are some of the things that you felt like you had to work on in those hundred days. What were that the hardest things that you had to overcome.
Speaker 3: Well, just not entertaining social media was one of it. I was like fast, Yeah, I was like literally in my closet writing this. Like I literally was just like I was giving snippets on social media. I was like, I watched TDJ, So when I seen TDJ sermon, He's like, stand on what you know. And for me, I'm a mind person, you know me, I'll be all in my head overthinking things. But it was more of like, Okay, let's separate from what I know that I'm familiar with, doing the skits on the table, entertaining, checking the social media, checking the DMS engagements to like, girl, you could just have this book deal and you need to get to it.
Speaker 2: Like so I was really in my closet.
Speaker 3: I had to separate, just sacrifice the social media, take that away for a little bit, and get locked in in my closet and just start writing. And I was just throwing little snippets on social media to see how people was going to react. And it just became a book.
Speaker 2: And I just had to literally.
Speaker 3: Write, write, write each day, you know, shout out to Nikki, shout out to Franky, like just for helping me, because I still wanted to add like the comedic side, and you know, wanted to shot you know, Charlemagne like yourself, asking quotes like what makes you guys tour, trying to put it all together and not just be your typical devotional because everyone is not religious and everyone does understand, you know, yeah so, and I believe in Jesus Christ, so you know, I didn't want to dumb that down neither.
Speaker 2: I needed to throw him in there. But it's for everyone.
Speaker 3: It's unisex book, it's for the it's for the women as well, and I just wanted to really.
Speaker 2: Like tap into the other side outside of being funny for sure, so much.
Speaker 4: Did you ever get frustrated while you was, you know, doing your hundred days and like flip that table you'll be dancing on, like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Come on, flippy and tippy. Yeah No, I didn't really, I didn't get frustrated.
Speaker 3: I just said, like I got a mission to complete, Like I was, like I wanted to shut this book down and like let's get on the table and like let's do what I got to do with my friends go out.
Speaker 2: But I was like they on me.
Speaker 3: I know that the ministries in me when it comes down to speaking life. I gotta get this done. I remember I told you about it at Charlotte's thing, Like, why need your quote?
Speaker 2: Can I put it in there? Because like I said, we have our group.
Speaker 3: Chat where we send in the devotions and constantly every day every day. Yeah, yeah, and and and then sometimes you'll even explain, You'll go further into it and even explain exactly why this is, why this is the one that you picked to send us today. You know, God will lay it on your heart and me and be sometimes.
Speaker 6: Will feel like you know where we going you know what I'm saying, you know what we're going through.
Speaker 2: But that's the that's the best part about you. Why this for your first book? Though?
Speaker 6: Because Divanna is a person that wears many hats. You you are not just funny, you do so many other things.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is for the first book? Get a memoir? Like you said, why why book?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not not even all right, well not even like who you are?
Speaker 6: Who you are because a lot of people don't know you are Divana XL. Who you say who you are in a book. I ain't trying to spoil it, you do, but you do say in the book I'm gonna save who I am for the next book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, why is that not the first one?
Speaker 3: I just for me, I just feel like I just have so much work to do, like that's not even there yet. Like I just need to like do so so much more. I'm just not there yet, and I feel like, let's put something out whether people could appreciate, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was like this devotion.
Speaker 3: If someone told me I had an interview, they were like, okay, well we just be like the funny bee, like this is just the book is so serious. I was like, girl, you haven't even got the book, but not even not yet, right, you know, Like I want to give you guys a part of me. And if this is what I have to do, I'm gonna be still. I remember when I had uh we had COVID and I reached out to Charlotte. When they I was like, oh, Charlotte, I'm overthinking. We ain't gotta work the Charlotte said to be still. I hated when Charlotte told me that I was like be still. I hate the word still because I get to think, I get to be in my head. But that's one of the things that to answer your question at the beginning, like I had to be still, and I hated it because I was like, this has to be written and the only person that's gonna write it is me, and whoever else will we hire to help me put it all together. So, I mean, I just wanted to put a devotional out because I was like, it's just necessary, like you said, it's on brand, and I just want people to hear my story everything that I've been through, you know, delay has ever denial, I talk, you know, I talk about Hollywood in here. Just don't change, ye know, and just keep going and you know, don't be afraid to walk alone. The relationships I have friendships and people I've you know, dated, like how you just don't have to walk alone in your pain. You need God will send help people and angels. I talked about it in the beginning when I was so hungry in college, I had no money, I had no food in Miss Danian shout out to you know, Saint Augustine University, Hello North Carolina. He helped me, gave me fifty dollars and laid on his heart. God said you didn't eat, and here's here's money. I just talk about all the propheticness. Yeah, that's in here that brought me to this day.
Speaker 2: So I just hope it. I know it's gonna help us, So you feel me. The mission is.
Speaker 3: I don't look at the numbers. I look at like, who am I touching in this season? And if that's what it is, we gonna rock out.
Speaker 5: And when I say be still, I'm quoting the Bible verse song forty six. Yeah, yeah, be still, and now as I am God, Yeah, all.
Speaker 4: Right, which means that you should trust in God and recognize that God is the control of all circums come on around things.
Speaker 2: I just hate it at the time because I was like, let me work. I was like coach, because like it's.
Speaker 5: Hard to up here still. I love speaking tongue. I close.
Speaker 6: Because you're a Clowan, I cannot take you seriously at all.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you, now, your mother's a pastor Crest, she is still into you, so to talk about growing up with your mother being the pastor and you're still doing the funny skits and the outland and skits and but you still are so close to your faith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom, Like again, her mission is to do what she has to do, but the ministry. But this is the thing we're doing ministry. Okay, We're healing, like laughter is healing, you know, outside of what we do is a gift. You know what Jess does on stage. I can't do what she do that's up there fifteen.
Speaker 2: Minutes, twenty minutes for the five, I'm gonna be here, Like, can we do some magic tree? But that's what you're yo, I want to do some magic tricks y'all. Ya want to see it? Like that's me, you know, like Kevin, come on now, like let me put the pink roll back on.
Speaker 3: Like that's just like I commend them for being in their purpose and walking in their purpose and being the legend that she is. Me on the other hand, I'm like, I'm gonna jump on some tables. I'm gonna be be a personality these characters that I have and there's no judging, Like just walking your gift and when God steers you some other way, go do that too.
Speaker 2: But right now in this season, I'm just doing both. I'm balancing it all.
Speaker 3: I mean people may take it serious, may not, you know, and some people you know may not take it serious, Like, okay, should we trust in this character that has been doing this stuff for years now, she's writing a book.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: So that's why everybody face I'm posting every day about it. I ain't on the table right now. I'm gonna just let y'all see what's going on, because respect this avenue. You know we're doing a lot, but respect this calling. Until I decided to say, all right, it's been five months. Now, let me get back to what I'm doing and still carry with it because my brand, you know. But my mom, she loves me. She doesn't judge. She's like, this is what you're doing. Just don't do nothing that's gonna take you away from God.
Speaker 2: Yes it, that's all. She not that type of mother for sure.
Speaker 5: And you saw out your first show last year when you did in Atlanta at the what was you wasn't able to stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we was there.
Speaker 5: You sold that out period, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're gonna And that's the thing that we putting her on the road to you, like, you know, we we addam more characters.
Speaker 2: I was actually.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put Sharon on the road, you know, this year. So I'm excited about that. I was just trying to just make get this book going. But Sharon deserves a stage, like more people to see her in New York for sure. This is the pit of Geologymican people, so I want to bring her out here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I wasn't afraid. My mom came up.
Speaker 3: She seen me winding, she seen me talk about people, She seen me up there, Karen On. So yeah, we just want to walk into that.
Speaker 4: You know that you talked about Jeff and her gift of being able to do standing up like you know, stage plays have been around forever, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: There's people that have made multi.
Speaker 4: Millions of dollars off stage place. Of course, you know the Tyler Perry's the uh uh that's the other brother name.
Speaker 5: Dang. You know what I'm talking about. The play, Yeah, the black stage place put your mom.
Speaker 4: David Talbert, I think, yes, David Talbert, I think, but but but that's a lane that a lot of people, especially your generation, aren't in.
Speaker 5: You could easily be producing stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And everyone tells me that they're like, I just got a text, I think that Tory Lanes, I know you feel me out free.
Speaker 2: Like he d m me the other day. It was just like, yo, you could be producing plays like you're like, you know, but yo you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Stallion just n followed you to man.
Speaker 7: Well, she wasn't following me from the she wasn't following me.
Speaker 3: But I love Meg and you know that. But I'm just telling you what he told me, you know, shout out to him like hey, like I think you should do that. And of course Charlotte told me too. I brought the idea to him like, yo, I want to do this. I want to do these plays, you know, I want to get my characters involved. But my thing is is, like I sent him out the devotion, I said, look, thank you so much for that advice. But we're gonna we act on it. We're gonna act on it. But I just I just want to make sure everything is right. And someone told me just do it. I think I'd just be scared of people, just like, are y'all gonna show? Like y'all gonna come out and yeah me, that's how it was a Searon. I was like, y'all gonna buy a ticket, like you know what it is, and I was so nervous that day, but you know, faith, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: So that's why I just I went at it and just did it.
Speaker 5: Davidy Tal that's his name, w J.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he roll now right even joint. Yeah, I'm excited about it.
Speaker 6: Now with all of the long list of everything that you've been doing, you also received your honorary doctor.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Humanitarianism. I say that word right, humanitarianism.
Speaker 2: Last year I just said it should be a certificate, yard just a certificate. I knew it was coming. I know it, I know it a certificate. He now did that. Now, I know you're proud of that.
Speaker 6: I'm extremely proud of you because you went to college in real life anyway, you got real life, you know what I mean. But not taking anything away from your honorary doctor again, but did that moment when people were coming for you or you know, the back liss that you received from it, did that take away from like the enjoyment? Did that take away from you know the fact that it was a victory for you, that was still a victory that you received.
Speaker 3: It did, But it didn't right because like I said, I wasn't the only one who received it. My mother received it that day, my brother received it that day. And I feel like there was there's a process. It wasn't like, Yo, what up can we honor You're gonna get your doctors. No, I had to, like for the whole moment out. I had to get in this class and do works, put work. I just just do the whole thing before I got it. So I think it was that that moment dragged out for the longest. I was like, why are we still talking about the doctor is? I didn't ever tell y'all, niggas I was getting a white coat. But I didn't say, Charlotte comes to the graduation.
Speaker 2: And just be here at five and be bring your wife and kids. Like I didn't say that. I said, and I said I was getting a white coat.
Speaker 3: I got something that the community respect and honored, and I was like feeling great about it, Like all these great people got it usher miss Michael Jackson. I guess because I'm not in that caliber, it doesn't matter. And she's on the girl, she's doing the skits and like we're not taking it serious, Like, oh, they're just giving.
Speaker 2: Out this title to everybody. Whatever. I was like, whatever I got it.
Speaker 3: They see me, they acknowledged me, they gave my flowers. They shouldn't change the name. It shouldn't be a certificate dress. But at the end of the day, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I got it and I stood on it, and I know my friends were happy.
Speaker 3: I definitely I was just like, let's get it, let's go, you know. So it's just for the next person, you know, like they may call you and say just we want you to be in.
Speaker 2: The honorary delta. I'm like, I'm all four. I love that a doctor's she might be akay, yeah, ak car and we like jazz. Do you not know I did a whole video for you when you got this position for Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: The whole video was represented around just Hilaire's because this is awesome where you're sitting like this.
Speaker 2: It was no other person. I was. I hit Sean. I said, oh you, that's Jesse, Like she deserves that seat.
Speaker 3: So even when you went gone with missing for the baby, I'm like, okay, we're just at you know, but again things have to come in and feel in for you.
Speaker 2: But this is your seat.
Speaker 3: So as a person, as a pretty v A B simone, a just as a Drew Ski a Marco. These are accolades that we're like, well, we're getting like and I'm just happy that I got it, and I'm happy that it's all my house stood it up and I'm like, I'm happy, amazing.
Speaker 5: I got one from South Carolina State. Just getting one from Baltimore City Community College.
Speaker 2: First of all, Oh my god, you know I'm not getting community college.
Speaker 6: No, they didn't send nothing's the community college.
Speaker 5: Don't do them like that.
Speaker 2: Damn got no, damn Twitter.
Speaker 5: Said, said they want to give you honorary doctor. You know that, shut up community college and just.
Speaker 2: Get that from the community college. We let like we had to look at such a clan.
Speaker 6: Anyway, you're talking about me about you said earlier that you know you're talking about people you've dated in the book and stuff too. Yeah, I ain't say no names understand ant names in the book. She called to make sure I could throw a little.
Speaker 2: But where's the love life now? Since you're don't working on yourself and you had a hundred days to change and to thank newly, where's the dating status?
Speaker 5: And not ready to mingle?
Speaker 2: We is focused? We is getting to it.
Speaker 3: I mean we I'm on a mission right now to just focus on a pretty victory, focus on all the great things whatever I put down picking back up in the season, I feel like like I'm just growing spiritually more like I'm asking God to cover my heart. Be open to new collection connections, but cover my heart, cover my borderlines of my ear gates. Like I'm just really intrigued, just having fun, like the skits, the comedic side, and I'm running with Charlotte told me it's like, Yo, you're all purpose entertainer. I'm running with that, doing everything I could possibly do whatever I put down on picking back up.
Speaker 2: So right now I'm single.
Speaker 3: You know, I hear whoever like you hear me, like like Miami Dolphins, Eagles what they do, like.
Speaker 5: You know, dances.
Speaker 2: Entrepreneurs where y'all ask.
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 5: Whatever?
Speaker 2: I hear you know, were working single?
Speaker 4: I'm I want to ask both of y'all, some of you in just right because in Day nineteen you talk about following God's instructions, right, so I want to ask you, how do you know what instructions of God's instructions and whatnot?
Speaker 5: And I wonder about that in regards the relationships.
Speaker 4: Like just God, say you know what, that's who you should be dating or that's who you should be dealing with.
Speaker 3: M R.
Speaker 2: They just God to me, don't let me. You said that God tell.
Speaker 5: Me, Yeah, that God said the person you should be with.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I feel like God sent me a man after his own heart, you know me chers we pray together, that's my partner. Just the first time I've been in a relationship where I actually feel like we're doing the spiritual growing together, you know what I mean, Like in other relationships. They I'm not saying that I was dating atheists, you know, but I would initiate the praying. I would initiate, you know, let's let's read together. Let's you know when you know you sent me to it?
Speaker 5: Ease right.
Speaker 6: He took one and he's like, yo, I didn't know she was doing the Daily Divorce. I said, yeah, well she sends me. He said, I know she was turning into a book, and you know, we started reading it. Like he he's very very spiritual, He's a Christian godfair man. And yeah, I do feel like God has spoken to to me and told me this is this is the last person that she won't be with. This is the last and final relationship and this is the one.
Speaker 2: This is what I was preparing you for. I do. I do believe that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 5: Yes, what about you have?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 5: Is God told you? Look, I don't want you dealing with nobody right now.
Speaker 2: See God is the author of confusion. So whenever it gets a little rocky for me, I know that's not him.
Speaker 3: I've been in spaces where it's been confused, confusion, manipulat tip. I talk about that, conniving, just controlling, and that is not of God. Now, God will put you in a situation for you to learn. It's a lesson like warning does come in for destruction. Crevill understand what that means, like it comes for destructure. So I think in this season God is saying be still and be patient because you have tapped into different relationships, whether it wasn't good for you, you have tapped into different friendships that held you back. So I think in this season he is telling me to be still and wait on him. See key first, the Kingdom of God. I keep hearing that every time somebody called me to the're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh you were in my spirit and this dropped in it Matthew, you to read it.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, Okay, what am I doing that is moving too quick and not bringing God along so and waiting on his answer. So that's why I said in the beginning, I'm just waiting on that soft whisper to move. So in this space that I'm in, I'm like, if it ain't of him, and if I ain't, if we ain't doing what we need to do, I don't want you.
Speaker 2: I don't care how much money you got. I don't care if you got the U and the chain on.
Speaker 3: I don't care if the diebols is to the ground, I don't care if the tims is flapping.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 5: So what's the most important chapter?
Speaker 1: Of course, each chapter leads you to the person that you feel that people should be here that you are. What's the most important chapter to you?
Speaker 2: The most?
Speaker 1: If you wanted one person to say, I wanted you to read this one chapter because I think this chapter is whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love you, I love you, And because we don't hear that enough. Yeah the household I grew up in, my mother said it, but my dad was very slim to none, you know, Caribbean man, very hard, very like straightforward.
Speaker 2: You don't hear it as much, and then when you do, it's like I have to say it, all right, Dad, did you hear me? I said I love you. I love you too. My father showed he loved us for sure, but it wasn't like I want you.
Speaker 3: I want you to tell me that because the trips and the gifts and the Christmas stuff and the back to school clothes, that's school.
Speaker 2: But I need to tell you who I fell in love with and they broke my heart. You know, I need you to understand like that.
Speaker 3: I'm hurting right now and I don't need to call my mentors in the industry to ask for advice. I want to call you first. So I love You is my favorite day of the book. I don't know what day that is, but that's one of them. More because we don't hear it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: How was that change you as a person? Do you say I love you to everybody now? Because you missed that. You didn't get that like you wanted.
Speaker 3: I do say I love you to a lot of people, but I also I think my heart is warm to people. It's like more open because my father was very closed. Yeah, Like again, it was just all about making sure you're dependent your this. You become a lawyer, you become a realist. He didn't care about the comedy. He was just like that ain't gonna be like whatever until I showed him that I could turn funey into money. And so I showed him that I could do these things about my first home and help the family, you know, as much as I can. But I love you was not he didn't say that as much.
Speaker 2: Is the relationship with your dad. Now we're good.
Speaker 3: We locked in, like that's my daddy, like you know, but it's just like being a Caribbean. He's everything's hard. Like it's just like all right, books, make sure you're in there, make sure you become who you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Don't do this, don't do that. But like me, my desk, like my best friend had those talks. I did him. We had a moment one.
Speaker 3: Day in Miami and we was back and forth and like I was like in his space and like you need to respect da da da.
Speaker 2: So he texts me and my dad and my dad don't even know. I don't even know how you know how to text. I was like, is my little brother doing this for you? Or this is from your heart and he was like, we just have to work on communication.
Speaker 3: That's the first time he understood my side and I understood his side, you know.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, how did you pick who you wanted to do your help with devotionals?
Speaker 4: Talk to me like it says you know, it's you have friends and mentors in the book like Shaq, Easter, Ray Doll, Tiffany just myself, Like how did you pick who you wanted to.
Speaker 2: I'm the impact that you guys put on my life.
Speaker 3: I mean before like I knew a rap shit was, Charlotte was just like, yoh, this show would be great for you. You know, the advice that I've gotten over the years from him, like keep going. You know, I textrall around like you love you, keep going, you two v keep striving. It's just the impact Jess. I watched her growth. I'm inspired by her walk again, Like I said, I can't do what she does. I think is inspiring to me. Issa, you know, taking a chance on me to be a part of her show and still speaking to me after the fact, like checking up on me, and you know she was gonna be one of my monerators, you know, for the book too.
Speaker 2: But her schedulings for people feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: People who to come out, they way to do things like this is a pinch me moment for me. You know, I don't take this for granted. Like everything to me is like pure and genuine.
Speaker 2: I love it. And Shack forgive me the best advice.
Speaker 3: Every time I will respond in the blogs, Shack will hit me like literally two minutes after, you know, I how to call you, like yo, tell Shan to walk me up.
Speaker 2: So I think for me, it's more of like him, give me the best advice. Don't respond. You're a queen.
Speaker 3: You don't come off your throne for them people. And I didn't understand because I want to explain so much and he's like, na, we're not doing that, and do vall like that's just my dog. Kiara's Share helped me when I was in you know, in my head during COVID. She her she gave me her aunt's counselor you know, therapist, so I could talk to her. So shout out to Kiya's Share, like I was really in a bad place in twenty twenty, and she was just like, you know, look at the Bible. Everybody in there had committed suicide overthinking you had this in the Bible like this, You're not the only one walking through this space. V like, keep your head up and I'm gonna give you my auntie's counselor so you could talk to him because I was afraid of it, Like I was like, I'm a church girl, like all you gotta do is pray and dad, you'll be all right.
Speaker 2: But no, you actually need somebody. I'm talking about you.
Speaker 5: We'll put you in that space.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty, just the COVID.
Speaker 3: You know, and I had COVID, and COVID hit me mentally, it didn't hit me physically. I was just in my head a lot the brain fog, overthinking stuff like just doing the most. And I kept calling mom, I think I need to go talk to somebody, and she was like it's COVID.
Speaker 2: Like it was bad.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty was bad. Everyone was passing or at that time, and I just didn't know how. I didn't know how to center myself.
Speaker 2: And I think in that season is like getting your word, like God's pulling on you with some things. He wants to talk to you spiritually.
Speaker 3: And that's when I reached out to Kiki, and she was just like, you know, I'm gonna tell you right now to keep going, but you know this is gonna happen, but get in your word and I'm gonna give you my my auntie, you know, counsel so you could talk to her. So everyone plays a part of my life, even the Victoria t she you know, Tech Campbell, like just everybody in here, so be small like everyone's in this book.
Speaker 5: Were you sad got canceled?
Speaker 2: I was. I was like, yo, so you good. You got something else I could be a part of. Like like I'm sorry to hear that, but what's going on? Yo?
Speaker 3: He's say, like you know, it was one of those moments, but you know I respected she just you know, I got the email.
Speaker 2: I spoke to her and you know, on to the next thing. She's a genius.
Speaker 5: She didn't come up with how did that call? She called you personally to let you know what it was a text.
Speaker 2: You know, it was a text.
Speaker 3: And I was like, thank you so much, you know, for you know, allowing me to be Dasia and you know all that good stuff. And she was like, for sure, keep going and like, you know, it was very intimate and then you know, I seen it doing the emails and stuff, so yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He's always coming up with yeah. But I was like, yo, sorry, that was going on. What's the next joint? You know next?
Speaker 3: Because she probably too like sorry, we got to keep moving. She probably in her mind like we don't insecure, we're done with this. Now to the next, and now she has a movie.
Speaker 5: Movie can keep popping amazing, like forty million dollars what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We were supposed to have a show, remember me, You and b were supposed to do a show and nign.
Speaker 2: My god, I know it was. It was Excuse me, I did not mess it out with Nick. Yeah, it was. It was fired. Man, it was through with that. It was gonna be we even shot. You know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: You was in a season where this was happening. Yeah, so we were trying to figure out how you was even gonna.
Speaker 2: Make that work. I would have figured it out and we moved on. We would have figured it out because I could those four four episodes yeap out like we would like that's late. It's not too late.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just like nig like ten shows and it got going on.
Speaker 6: It shows the show I don't know it got it's just never just never took off, like it even got close to I know, it even got close to like like contracts, like we we had shot the what we said pilot.
Speaker 2: We had shot the pilot, had a couple of episodes in the can like good, good energy, me B and V like it was. It was great. Then we just couldn't figure out in your corner over there that production that can do it. Yeah, turned some stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm sure Nick probably on the rights to it.
Speaker 2: No, we don't have to do the name. It was hilarious. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the name of it was pretty hilarious. It was a clip shoulder right, it was a clip show. But we can change we could change the concept.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're doing movies. We're doing movies.
Speaker 2: Who's we? What you mean who's we? I'm saying, no, you're doing movies.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so shout out to man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I actually auditioned for that movie too, I said, Yo, with the part that you auditioned.
Speaker 2: For days Okay, yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was that you know that we were telling you. Yeah, but I definitely audition for that, which was good.
Speaker 2: You know, I try to, you know, slip and slip, and they're like, nah with the talent that you know, Like yo, let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: When you audition for roles and you don't get it, do you do you still watch it when it come out? I did.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It took me so long to watch Queen and Slim because I was supposed to be Queen. And then my brother was like, why are you an audition for Slim?
Speaker 6: First of all, don't ever play with me.
Speaker 2: I mean I could play both, you know, but don't ever play with me.
Speaker 6: But I be mad when I get stuff so that I feel like I hate watch it or whatever, y'all.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I actually watched it and it was fire you of course you know.
Speaker 3: But I didn't do I wasn't I didn't go in doing scissors Kiki's roll. It was somebody another role. You know. Sometimes they add in and take it out and fix up some things. But DESI was in there that I was great to see. And the people in the buildings again, like I said, that's I chose because she's just so supportive. So thank you for setting that up in that connection, Charlotte, because like Issa is like, she's just a sweetheart and I just respect her in the business. And I'm sad rap shit gone though because I was fired.
Speaker 5: There'll be plenty more. Yeah, what you're doing now, Yeah, pretty victory.
Speaker 4: And what's so funny about this book is it may not make sense to people now, but as you continue to grow in this business and people get to really know you, they don't understand.
Speaker 5: Oh, this makes all the sense of the work because for us, we know this like this would we do all day and every day.
Speaker 3: And that's what Nick said when we was in l A. Nicholas is like, we you know, we're promoting the wild out that stuff, and he was like, the ticket sales may not be good, but one thing we gonna known.
Speaker 2: Read that no matter no matter what. But I'm extremely proud of you, said even you show cured.
Speaker 3: Look at that little fat It's just so yeah, I'm so excited about it, I really am. And again it's it's for the men as well, you know, so I speak about you know, who are you king? You know I speak about you know, I love you King. Everything's in here just for this my brothers as well, so y'all could tap into It's not just for the women. People just think like, you know, oh she's talking about No, I'm actually giving y all your flowers as well too, because y'all deserve it.
Speaker 5: Let's end on this. You say, if you're starving, you'll eat anything.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, if you're starving, you will eat anything. It's just it's just plain and simple.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, you gotta wait and be patient.
Speaker 3: Like like I just said, if the opportunity come for me to do something that's off brand and I want it, and I feel like I'm not doing anything at the moment, and I feel like I need the money, or if I feel like I want to be at a a place just to show the people I'm working, I'll do anything. Down the line, it starts tending things and tending to brand and making you look crazy when you should just wait, be patient in the scenes and just wait.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Like, opportunities have come to me to do certain things and I've said no, no, no, But if and I know I needed the money, I know I needed to do certain things. I know I wanted to put it towards a share on show or just my craft. But if I would have said yes, I'm just doing anything, just to do it. I'm not waiting on the process.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said. And I think day two there's a process before the promise. And the thing about it is we'll just go through. Try to go straight through that promise. And it ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 3: It's just you just did it just because to seem to show your fans and your followers that you moving and you working.
Speaker 2: I'm out here, but they got you doing all these roles.
Speaker 3: I remember a producer hit me out there and say, yo, I want you to be a stud and be like a lesbian stud in one of my movies.
Speaker 2: And and I was like you straight, like I don't want to do that, bigger.
Speaker 3: Than that, like you know, like no shade, like I don't want to put like give them out like y'all straight, like.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Like I don't want to do that. Did you tell them I would do that? You want to do this? I want to be a you study on the like lesbian, she a little a little let she.
Speaker 5: Like wife beat on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want to do but I didn't. But I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see them picking their hair with the afro. I don't see the wife beat on, you know, with the stomach, and I'm a lesbian.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: And that's just not me that that don't match, you know, but that doesn't match where I'm just trying to go there no shade, you know. But at the end of the day, if I would have said yes and then down the line, if somebody was trying to see my my reels and see certain things and whatever the case would be, if it was raunchy or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the people was. It was just like, it's a note for me. So if you know, if you're starving anything, you're not waiting on your process. You're not you.
Speaker 5: Know, sixty.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't just wait to basically just wait, just wait for when it's the right time, when God say.
Speaker 2: Movie, I ain't trying to eat another girl.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have a pick in my hair. Find me something else.
Speaker 3: Get down in the rolls, you know, like get down in the rolls, get get shovel up some things.
Speaker 1: Well, the book is out now, the Pretty Victory, and I think it's only right we leave with a prayer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a pretty prayer. That's cool. What a pretty prayer? Is it like a long prayer? Are we getting got pressed? So it's something you go period or the other presses.
Speaker 3: So, Father God, we just thank you so much for today, LogD. We think you that you are so worthy. We just think you that you are so massive. We thank you that you are so powerful. Lottle God, Other God.
Speaker 2: I want to say, thank you so much for what you're doing and what you're about to do. Little God.
Speaker 3: In these last and evil days, Lo God. They're seeing in the unseen, the hurd and the unheard. Little God, God, we thank you for all the doors that you're opening, but all the doors that you are closing. Lot God, I thank you for every soul who's around this table. Loot God, jes Lo God, keep her in perfect peace, log God. Let us know that she's seen, Lo God. Let us know that she's heard, Lo God, every crid that she's cried. Lo God, I ask that you hear her touchdown on her heart, Lo God, purge her into her greatness.
Speaker 2: Lo God.
Speaker 3: Is so much things that she wants to do, Lo God in this season, Lo God, so give it to her. Lot God, give her the witty inventions.
Speaker 2: Lo God to do it.
Speaker 3: Lo God.
Speaker 2: Let's h envy Lortle God. Keep him going, Lo God, allow to be the best father he knows how to be. Log God.
Speaker 3: Let him quite the noise, Lo God. Whatever he may be dealing with that we may not know in his secret place, Lo God. We just ask that you cover him under the blood Lo God, his kids, Lo God, Father God, do around a protection over his kids. Look got even his wife, Lo God, many opportunities, Lo God will fall with his family. Lott God, bless Arloah, Loo God. Keep him in perfect peace, O God. Anxiety, anything that he may be thinking about, overthinking, Lo God, anything that he may be feeling like on the days that he may not express, Lo God.
Speaker 2: Other God.
Speaker 3: We just want to say thank you, Lor God. Keep him Lo God, Other God. We just asked that you cattleput Charlemagne's career Lo God to higher heights. Tho God, It's never too late, Lo God, to do it, Lo God, Father God. Whatever he's writing down in his journal, Lo God, whatever he's thinking about, Lo God, him and his wife shall do Lo God.
Speaker 2: Even his kids will eat off of those benefits.
Speaker 3: Lo God and Father got the generations to come and to come, and every soul that's a part of Breakfast Club's team. Lot God bless them now and forevermore in Jesus Mighty name.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, Amen, How intentional she is when she prayed, Yes right.
Speaker 5: It's pretty right.
Speaker 2: They're pretty pretty victory.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Wake that ass up Earth in the morning. The Breakfast Club