Speaker 1: Showtime, let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading off right here, brought to you by pet MGM, the King of sports Books. We're here every single day on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. Make sure you like this video, subscribe to the channel and click that little notifications bell that way, you know when we go live every single day here at noon Monday through Friday. The Welsh is back with me to talk to some baseball. The Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks are here, and I'm very happy about that. So let's just get right at it, the Welsh, because we've got a lot to go to here today, and we'll start with Byron bucks and returning to the lineup. Oh today on Thursday. How's that going for you, buddy?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I was told he's done. I was told he's gone. It's over. Byron Buxton season way past us. All. Are you telling me that Byron Buckson is back today?
Speaker 1: That's what they're saying today? Oh today?
Speaker 2: Okay, then I'm back in the studio. As I told you, I was held up in the secret bunker yesterday until Buckson returned to the lineup. I'm back in the main studio. Maybe have Byron Buckson on some picks today, Joey.
Speaker 1: Coincidence, I think not. You all your tinfoil hats aside. You can make of it what you will. Bucks, it's back while she's out of the bunker. These two things did happen. Let's talk about something that also happened, which is Showy Otani. I'm glad I made an early wager on him for MVP again back to back, because yesterday he flirted with perfection.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was not into him against the Astros in all fairness yesterday it's a DFS pick. He was a little high in terms of price, tough lineup still kind of like I don't think I feel like that, But you know what, I was totally wrong. I'll take the l on that one because he struck out twelve guys there. Oh when he drove in two runs too, because he's showing up to big.
Speaker 2: Did you also hear that they said they're like, we weren't taking him out regardless of what was going on, like perfect game intact, he was going to keep going and then unfortunately he gave up.
Speaker 1: Ye okay, Aaron is trolling you, he says, Buckston. Oh for four day, Welsh, I think can stop your your happiness today. I don't don't think anything can break it.
Speaker 2: Bucks's back, Buxton's back. So we're in it. We're in it, oh for four I don't think so.
Speaker 1: All right. Seattle's Logan Gilbert, who was the pitcher we were on yesterday Blanks the Rangers for six and two thirds. He looked great again. You know, we talked so much about Gilbert in this offseason of being one of these guys that might be able to take that next leap forward. You were very bullish on Logan Gilbert. It's very encouraging to see him start off the year so strong. Welsh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it was like last year. I had said I thought he was the number one pitching prospect in the miners, and he's just got a flurry of good pitches that he commands across the zone. You know, we're seeing a lot of guys that have been able to take advantage of this like plus command and being able to you know, hit both sides and tops, you know, vertical and horizontal parts of the zone, and like Joe Ryan some what we're gonna talk about Todays had a lot of success doing that, and Gilbert finds a lot of success doing that. He's a big, big, tall guy, and when his pitches are on and his command is on, it's big numbers, and you're starting to see it. I'm very excited. I really think, legit, Logan Gilbert could be the guy in this rotation. And I'm saying that with Robby Ray there. Really I don't know if it can happen this year, but I think he can be the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or at least two one A's here's a great one from I think it's lomer boy. I'm reading that correctly. Is there a chance that Otani wins MVP and cy Young? I haven't seen this wager out there yet. I don't think it's impossible because of the way the American League pitching is structured right now. Garrett Cole certainly doesn't like that. Dude, I've already got my investment in Verlander. But you think about what's left. It's Bieber. Can he hold up? I mean, a continues to make starts like this, you know, Robbie Ray's gonna repeat. I don't know about that. It's it's not a crazy thing. And if somebody's gonna put a wager if bet MGM's gonna put that out there. I want to see those odds because I'm kind of curious what they are. If they're like seven and a half or nine to want somewhere in that range. I would bet on that.
Speaker 2: If he were to get what did he get last year, like one hundred and thirty innings, one hundred and forty thirty.
Speaker 1: I want to say you can double check that if.
Speaker 2: He were to push one fifty and fine and not have those like blow up ones that he does, you know, because they'll have that one game where he goes, you know, two innings, gives up eight. If he kind of maintains that's a good point, I can't imagine it would just rip the soul out of all the writers to have to like give both awards to one player. I feel like there's always makeup stuff that happens with him. I can't see them wanting to do that, But I mean, I would probably take that bet at this point simply because of what you're talking about with the Ale pitchers. It's just overall top end pitching has sucked, and Otani if he does pulls and strings up a few more of those and keeps up hitting. Yeah, definite possibility.
Speaker 1: Well, Gilito was another guy. He's already on anil.
Speaker 2: That's my guy. But he does come back Sunday. He comes back Sunday.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying it's you know, already when we're talking about innings numbers and things like that, Otani, for me, the number would have to be one sick the issue to get into that comment.
Speaker 2: Really see, I think I think if you get one fifty, you got to get like eighty percent of what he was as a hitter, and then I think you've got a I mean, you're not gonna do a six perfect or anything like that. But you know, he's got to touch crazy K numbers. He's got to touch two hundred strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Or he always touches crazy K numbers. That's the one thing he's got going for him. So it's just can he keep the elra in a good place. That's I mean, that.
Speaker 2: Would be a good The bottom line is is that's an interesting one that you put probably like you know, a quarter of a unit or something like that, or if you play low units, you know, if you're gonna like twenty five bucks or something you want to throw twenty dollars on it for the hell of it. You should get really good odds. I would suspect on a dual MVP Cy Young Award winning.
Speaker 1: I have Atani at plus three and a half right now for MVP MVP.
Speaker 2: What is say, what does Cy Young look like?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I'll take a look at that when we run through these next things. Work in the meantime, Sandy al Contra goes eight score less, takes a no decision No One. Arnaudoso loves to go ahead Homer and the ninth draw. There, Mackenzie Gore picked up his first major league win. Congratulations for you. Mackenzie was a good outing for him across five innings of work. And the Padres won six nothing against the Reds. It was just the Reds, but still, and Joey Votto continues to struggle. Jose Ramirez blasted a grand slam. Boy. Nothing is stop this guy. I told you this is you know. I had Louis Roberts the long shot for MVP, but maybe Jose Ramirez on this two looks like he's in another universe right now. A lot of injuries to get to Also today, Welsh. Unfortunately, Astro's placed Altuve on the ten day IL we knew that was coming. Jadi Martinez not likely to play Thursday. He's doing with a groin issue. Keep an eye on that. And Josh Bell heading for an MRI exam on his knee and George Springer good news X rays negative on the forearm. Josh Bell, that's a piece that you know, the Nats really can't afford to lose in the middle of this lineup because it's Sodo, it's Cruise, and then I don't know what the hell else they can throw out there, So this is kind of important for that. NAT's one you gotta gotta keep an eye on that, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree with that. That team, like I said in the off season, they're doing that weird thing where it's kind of like, you know, they're they should be rebuilding, but they're not, and they're spending some money, so they have got to be at the top peak performance. They can't afford, you know, any of this nonsense to happen to them.
Speaker 1: Did you find the cy Young odds because I haven't known here now I can no, no, please, I've been looking for them, right here. Let's see that's National league. Let's go to the American League. Say Young Shoeotani fifteen to one right now, So.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you got three to one on MVP, fifteen to one on Cy Young, they got to give you like thirty to one to lockdown both, right, at least thirty to one, I guess. But they can't just add them up. They can't give you eighteen to one for both. That's ridiculous. That's gotta be.
Speaker 1: It's heard that. I just think that he's such a he's so far it advanced for MVP because what he does. Look that number, by the way, on fandals going to two sixty, it was three fifteen hours two sixty, So that's moved into the beginning of the season already, and I think it's going. The only reason, once again, one it didn't start out as a minus number is because he's a picture and because the minute he has an armed problem, it crushes him and it takes him out of the running, and his injury quotient goes up significantly higher. So he's a far riskier play, which is why he's a fun investment for MVP, because he is the undoubted favorite and the odds should be mindus of us to start the year. You know, another guy we didn't talk about, Dylan Cees, that he deserves a little bit of love in this conversation too, because he's been excellent to start the season.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean, has been a massive strikeout option. He's one of those guys that was ready to take the big jump that that kind of like I don't want to call them the middle tier of pictures because they're not, but I'm saying middle of like that first round where it's like, you know, fifty sixties, seventies and that type of range, you're outside of your aces. Those guys have kind of shined. There's been more of a shine on them than there have been the top end, where like Joe Musgrove is flying up board, Shane McClanahan leader in MLB and CSW percentage right now. And then you've got guys, all these.
Speaker 1: Guys, these exactly the pictures we just manoah, all the guys that we talked about the entire offseason saying, fade the top of pitching, Fade the top of pitching. It's just not worth the risk or the investment. And if he did that, so far, it's been good. Giliito another one of those guys.
Speaker 2: But it's like the dream. It's the dream of pitching is to fade the top end. The only other thing I wanted to add on the Otani front. I'm actually really surprised that you're not seeing books jump in right now because it's kind of a fun wager to throw in and then take it off later. Like, this isn't a bet that they're going to put up in July when he's got you know, he's second in strikeouts in the league, he's got the third best ra and do it now.
Speaker 1: I think they might put it up there, because once the juice goes minus on Otani for MVP, the action stops. So how do you ignite the action again? You create a new betting pool for Hey, what about the combo boys and girls? What do you think about this one? What if he wins both? That to me is well exactly what they're going to do, and I would look for it right before they all start. Interesting, that's actually what's going to be so difference of opinion, but both very interesting. Let's go to Joe's Tough Guys. Trevor story got beamed last night in the melon, but he stayed in the game. I saw this happen live as it happened, and I was very afraid for Trevor Story. Was watching this game actually when it did, because I got frustrated watching Carlos for don destroy the Mets, so I flipped over and I saw MLB had the red Sox. I was watching that and Trevor Story got nailed, and he's somehow convinced everybody to stay in the game, which I was shocked that they let him. Usually it's like, guys, yeah, you get hit in the head, you gotta go through the protocols. But I don't know, so good for you, Trevor Story to also tough guy? How about this one? Welsh the gel Cabrera, when asked about being one hit away from three thousand, he said, who the f cares we lost? When has this game ever been fun about individual accomplishments? That's from Michel Cabrera. That's a tough guy right there.
Speaker 2: You like that is very tough. That's the hard. Oh thing I'm gonna go back to. That's the Welsh hardo. That's the being like who cares that? The whole we don't care about individual accomplishments. It's like, all right, buddy, are you okay in August?
Speaker 1: In August, when I'm at knee deep in football and you're hosting this show, that you could change it to Welsh's heart Os, you could absolutely.
Speaker 2: Change Oh okay, and then it'll be allowed.
Speaker 1: Then it'll be allowed then, because then if I have no responsibilities at that point, can we talk about this Carlos Rodon It's been really good, so I got frustrated with him. But twenty nine strikeouts here, most by a pitcher in their first three starts for the Giants in quite some time. This is a I mean, he looked great, He looked completely in control. Do you think there is any world where Carlos Rodin can just shred that injury prone label and make an advance and become one of these guys that becomes a reliable picture in real life and fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm the worst person to ask about that because I'm so defunct about injuries. But I do present you with a cheap plug alert. On the end of this League Fantasy Baseball podcast today, we had mister Nick Pollock of Pictureless and this becomes a really big piece of conversation actually is Carlos redon and to pull out yesterday I agree, like the wellshart overs is joeyp uh. We put out a poll yesterday of Carlos Dan versus Shane McClanahan. These were two guys that were both are both currently top five in swinging strike percentage and top five in CSW percentage. And these guys are absolutely dominating. And you literally have this like debate of canra Dawn stay healthy versus a young pitcher in a raise, you know, a rotation and how much do they really unleash the guy? And at the end of the day you can go here and extended conversation about it, I believe, and I can't. I can't process and work out of a world where I'm taking this guy and I'm like, he's just gonna get hurt. He's just gonna get hurt. He can't be this good because I mean, I think you can have a factor of that in But if your default process of him in conversation is well, yeah, he's not gonna last and he's gonna get hurt, then I don't know what to tell you. Is he is he at a peak of trading right now? Maybe, but I still believe so many people are working off of you will get hurt. He can't stay healthy. He's putting up ridiculously phenomenal numbers in a system or a team that takes care of pictures well, in a division that works really well for him. I think this is a potential guy. Nick Pollock, I would give one teaser on the show, said if he were to play the rest of the season, would be a top three overall pitcher. So that's where we are.
Speaker 1: I think he's more valuable to the team that drafted him right now because I don't think the trade market's going to do way to say it, Yes, it's he's more valuable to you who have him already, because I'm telling you the open market is not going to bear the value you think because everyone's too afraid. That is such a ride the wave.
Speaker 2: That is such an important thing that you say that. I sometimes I can articulate and sometimes I can't. But that statement right there, I think holds true to so much a fantasy that a player can just be more valuable to the drafted person than it is in a trade market or a bye of those guys, even if.
Speaker 1: He's still more valuable to you who drafted him, probably because the market doesn't always yield the returns you think on players like this, because there's so much to me. Let's get yeah, I mean, I agree, you're in with the Welsh he doesn't have bucks, and then maybe.
Speaker 2: You if you're in a league with me. It's one of those two things. It's if I own him, you're right, there's no value in trading him because I won't and the market is hot if you're in the league with me if I don't have him, because then you can send them to me.
Speaker 1: There you go. By the way, if you want to be a peanut and a cracker jack, make sure you're watching this show live. Jesse Ell says we need Welsh's hardos merch. I'm sure you can get that. I'm sure Welsh's only fans have that art.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine.
Speaker 1: Uh, the DFS slate is really like tonight, So we're just gonna breeze through that later in the show. But instead I wanted to to bring up some fun facts because everybody likes some fun facts. And you know, yesterday we kind of look at some individual players, so I thought today it'd be fun to look at some team numbers and some team stats. Right now, right now, these are the top five six ish offenses in baseball. You got the Los Angeles Angels, no surprise, they are, especially Tommy being fantastic. They've got sixteen homers already. The Angels. The Dodgers, duh, right there, right after them, They've got eleven homers, sixty four runs the Angels have scored sixty five. Cleveland the Guardians at sixty two runs scored. That's third best in the league. Then the Rockies against the Rockies Grant AsSalt but still sixty two.
Speaker 2: That's wow.
Speaker 1: That's surprising. The Mets at sixty one a little surprising, and the Padres at sixty one. So the Cleveland one's the one I want to talk about because I think, you know, this was a team that we went into it going wow, it's pretty much Joser Ramirez and everybody else. Now, Owen Miller went on the il Franvill's had a slow start to the season, but you think Cleveland can can kind of keep this pace up at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I do, And I'm not sure I would have said that preseason because of Miles Straw, a table setter at the top because of that high end contact that Stephen Kwan provides. It is contingent on Jose Ramirez. But Jose Ramirez has picked up the team. I mean, those sixty two runs scored, I'm gonna guess like sixty of them were Jose Ramirez at this point, He's unreal. Two Grand Slams to start the year. What the positive this team has going for them is as Jose Ramirez comes down, you know, to earth a little bit freand no Reys is going to pick it back up. He looks cold as ice right now. I mean, my bold predition couldn't be look worse right now because this is not his Guy's not built for any type of cold weather. This is a warm weather, big boppin' hitting guy, a little bit streaky, and he can pick up some of the slack. I also think this team is going to be involved in the trade market, you know. I mean they've hit a little bit of gold with Owen Miller. I'm at Rosario has put up great underlining stats, which I'm just telling you just wait till he starts to unleash. I think I think there's a matter of time before he starts really really popping and They've got a lot of the pieces that might only be one or two pieces away in the trade market. So I actually think the Guardians are going to be able to maintain this throughout the year with the type of players that they have. Well, it's a very well constructed team that's just missing like one or two other solid players to build around.
Speaker 1: Now. Of course, the Penuts and the Crackerjacks. Mister Buster has a trade alert for US. Welsh receives Byron Buxton. Mike Mayer receives Ryan Mountcastle and a shocking Fantasy Pros one for one deal, so.
Speaker 2: I could see excellent.
Speaker 1: I think that he probably would. On the other side. Let's talk about some pitching notes here. The Giants, of course, with Rodn and Webb at the top, yere in Vra at two three three overalls of staff, the Dodgers right behind them at two three eight, and the New York Yankees believe it or not, De Spike Gerrett Cole struggles between nestro Cotz and Savbrino giving them some good starts two five to two. The Mets, no surprise, two five six. Their pitching has been fantastic. Last night was the first bad start for bast he's had all year. And then the Baltimore Orioles at two five seven, that's the one I want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: So Jordan Lyles one earned run on April fifteenth against the Yankees. Then Tyler Wells on the sixteenth, zero earned runs, four innings, Bruce Zimmerman, who I mean what five innings, no earned runs, Spencer Watkins who spells his name with an S, not even a C. I know that's all about against Oakland, one earned run, five innings, Chris Ellis, no earned runs. Now, look, I know it's against Oakland, and I know though the Yankees could be a little feast or famine. And then go back to Jordan Lyles again today. Oh yes, I said yesterday no earned runs. What in the hell is going on in Baltimore, Welsh? Is this a matter of you know, I know three of those games were in Baltimore with the new look Camden Yards, but still, what is this just like a strange anomaly or you think there's something to.
Speaker 2: Do something, Well, it's an anomaly. Let's not let's not even try to like bake around anything else. It's an anomaly. But the Baltimore Orioles have really really changed the way that they approach pitching, very high end analytical organization. On the prospects side, the way that they're developing guys is really really popping. I mean, they've got some incredible finds and Grayson Rodriguez and DL Hall, who are you going to be there sooner rather than later? Probably Grayson Rodriguez would be the next big prospect up I kind of assume, but you know, it's not going to just be in the minors. They're going to take a lot of the high end analytical approaches of you know, actually paying attention to the underlining stats. I'm assuming. I actually got to spend some time on the hitting side with Tim Gibbons, who was a Triple A manager and was with the AFL out here and talk about the team and how their approach is very personal guy and the team as a whole is just they are diving in to see what can they unearth from these players, and you're seeing that happen. So you know, this is pure speculation, but with how they've been treating their minor leaguers, you've probably got coaches that are sitting out there they're looking at, you know, vertical drop on pitches. They're looking at every little, you know, pitch mix, they're looking at swing strike percentage, they're looking at every single way that they can tap into these players that I don't know who Spencer Watkins is like Spencer Spencer. Spencer with an S is not someone we're familiar with. But you know, you can game plan in base It's not just a feel between a catcher and a pitcher. A team can go in and they can say, we don't want you to throw a lot of this pitch. We want you to attack this area of the zone. This is your strength. This team struggles against sliders. And I think that's a lot of big game planning where you know, there's not all big game planning in baseball, as much as we want to believe professional sports do that. And I think Baltimore is doing that right there. That's pear speculation here, but I don't think it's gonna last. It's Baltimore. Spencer has an Essen either, that's not gonna hold.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I think it's the Yankees are just up and down in Oakland's drugton No offensively so, but it is fun. It's fun to think about and look early trends when it comes to wagering and dfs very important, or even sending your lineups and fantasy on daily basis too. And you're looking for some streaming pitchers right now. Jordan Lyles sure is out there and he's probably helping somebody's era today in baseball history, nineteen ninety four Indians at the time was the Indians now the Guardians first Basement. Eddie Murray hits home runs from both sides of the plate in a game for the eleventh time in his career to bring Mickey Mantle's record to home also moved Murray past Dave Kingman for twentieth all time Welsh Murray was one of the great switch hitters we've ever seen. Is switch hitting just not a thing anymore? I mean, there's so few guys that do it. In the eighties and even into the nineties, it was such an attribute to have. Now it just seems like, I don't know, like nobody really kind of cares that the specialization really's moved in. But I remember a time where switch hitters were abundant. It doesn't seem like that that art form is going to come.
Speaker 2: Back any remember, Like to Shara, like to Shaa. He was one of like the biggest so many process for Joe World and money. Yeah, I think if I remember correctly, I could be saying this wrong. Someone can correct me.
Speaker 1: They will.
Speaker 2: I think Cedric Mullins was a switch hitter and didn't he stop this like past year or two.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I know that for sure. Maybe the peanuts. No, I feel it's a crack attack. Drop it.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's what it was. But to your point, I think you know, at the end of the day, what people have seen is if a guy is going to tap into his power, they want to come off. They want to come off of switch hitting, and they want the guys to focus Okay, yeah it was on Mullens. They want to focus on the strength of that power side. The switch hitters, I think the majority that you're gonna see into the future, they're gonna be players that are just built around contact, you know, that aren't trying to tap into you know, bigger pieces of power, and you know it's gonna have to have not big struggles. I think, for an instance like Mullins, that one side he really struggled with contact on it. So yeah, it's it's the maturation of baseball, taking away things that don't make sense anymore. There'll be no shifts, there'll be no switch you know, there'll be none of it at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There will also be no other catcher ever for the Cardinals besides YadA Malina. YadA your Molina and Adam Wainwright are now in sole possession of third place in Major League Baseball history three hundred and seven games together. That's that's an impressive eyelight there for both of those guys. Now it'll trivia question. I'm sure everyone's gonna run to the Google machine. Who's ahead of them? Now Welsh knows the answer, Yeah, to the show sheet, which you know, usually Welsh doesn't, but for this show he does.
Speaker 2: But boy, these names are gonna be real easy for everybody to pick them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will give you a hint there if you could at least give the picture. I mean, that's the whole thing. Yea. The pitchers. You gotta think guys who were just pitchers for a team for a very long time. And of course it's it's more in the fifties and sixties era of baseball.
Speaker 2: Thanks World War to check that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what, the one that came to mind for me at first, I was like, I wonder if it's Whitey Ford and Yogi Berra it is not. So if you got guesses, go ahead drop him in the chat here over on our MLB channel here Fantasy Pros. In the meantime, we'll come back to that. We'll run through some of the heroes we already talked about. Otani Rodono, Alcntra, Brandon Woodrow, nice bounce back nine case for him, that's what we want. Eleven shutout innings since that seven earned runs in that frigid Chicago air, Gilbert and Gore we talked about. Tony Gonsolin, unsung hero, not a big strikeout guy, has allowed one earned run though through thirteen innings, six scoreless yesterday, Dalton Jefferies six scoreless as well five k's and a loss of the Orioles, Daniel Lynch five k's, excuse me, five innings, two k's and went over the twinkies, So my twinkies stack did not work yesterday. Barrios six k's, six innings for him, that was a much needed start to he did at that one moment where you let that ball get away from him, and I thought that would be his undoing in that game because you could see Brios obviously not want to hit story that ball got away from him. But he did settle down there now brought that era down to six three five. So this was a big start last night against the Red Sox for Barrios. You agree.
Speaker 2: I agree. We talked about a little bit him on that latest podcast as well with Nick Pollock. It's like it's Nick had said, you know, Brios is kind of like he always comes back to the same spot, whether he's up or down or positive. But the really really like early struggles with a picture like him have me worried that it's going to be a big tumble so for him to get back up. And also there's another reminder, another reminder on a lot of these names that you've put up here, small sample sizes, the amount of people they're spinning their heads around, freaking out, like the Beatle jew about one guy struggling in one start. Take a breath, man, we're still in April. All of these things can adjust. People are probably cutting Brios after his start to the season. It'll be okay, just chill out, you know, maybe bench he'll be.
Speaker 1: All right, all right. Stat Hero hitters he had Carmago going one excuse me, four for five with a home run, Cassianos went yard three for four, Anthony Rizzo home run. Freddie Freeman's been excellent. He had a home run three for four. Jerkson Profar, who I picked up last week on a lark man. I threw him in my lineup as a second utility guy. He's been great. Stolen base home run for him. Kyle Schwarber has been red hot, Alec Boom another home run for him, Dalton Varshow with a dinger, and Rommel Tapia one for five, had a homer, a stolen base. Stat zero's Jacob Deerzi not a good star for him. Six runs and two thirds of an inning, so that was pretty short. There is HER's up to nine. Start picking up Christian Javier everybody ever, come on, let's go go get him. It's only a matter of time. Do it. Now, you should draft him in the first place. Five earned runs. It is dude, that throw smoke. Dallas Kichel said, Hey, Jacob DEREIZI you ain't see nothing yet. How about eight earned runs in one inning? So pretty stunning there and that loss to the Guardians. Marcus Stroman has struggled for the Cubs. Seven earned runs for him, and Chris Basst just didn't have good stuff yesterday. You got in trouble in the first inning, got away from him. It was a couple of bloops, a couple of weird things, one hard hit ball. Don't panic. Chris bass has been excellent on the hitting side. I want to run through these Welsh Joe Adell forty five percent strikeout rate, Julio forty one point nine percent strike out Ray Dansby sponts In forty one another bad night for Jared kellnick over three to three k's. What do you make of these young kids right now? I mean, are they just not ready for prime time? Or do you think you just continue to be patient?
Speaker 2: I mean the Joe Adell one is the one you worry about, like, how many parts of seasons do you need to be in before you cannot strike out over thirty percent of time? Julio's getting squeezed. It's pretty been pretty popular on Fantasy Baseball Twitter, but you can go and look at a lot of is called strikeout. You know his chart, and I mean he's getting squeezed outside the zone like crazy. Kelnick and and Adele are both a little bit of a worry. Kelnick is starting to find a little bit of rhythm. But I think you're seeing a little bit more of what those guys are. Julio Rodriguez is not going to be a thirty plus strikeout guy. I'm not worried about that. Uh, it's very early on. But like you said, a lot of these young guys got pushed up, maybe more than they would before. Three months ago, four months ago. I literally chastise you if you were taking Julio Rodriguez because I'm like, why Mariners are not going to do this? They did it, It's not going so well. It's also why I do not invest heavily in young guys in redraft. Just never do a pitching or hitting. Obviously, I'm a prospect guy. Love him in Dynasty, that's the play, but I'm not a big young guy investor.
Speaker 1: Only one word, only one for me, and his name is Hunter Green. That was the guy invested in so far. Fingers crossed, I mean Bobby came for the trivia question. The picture the picture. One of the pictures was from the Detroit Tigers, number one overall and the second guy at three hundred and sixteen games started together with this catcher was with the Boston and Milwaukee Braves. So there's your hint there.
Speaker 2: There's no way anyone gets any of these in lists.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get it with.
Speaker 2: Someone's gonna post it in and they're gonna be like, hey, it's this guy and this guy, and it's like a cheater.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, how about this. You like this, We've got something new for you, Peanuts and cracker Jacks. This is a very exciting time to be alive. Look at this the home run board.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 1: Look at that? Look we've made you famous. So JP thirty four is still at the top. Ear a run board. That's very exciting. Up and Adam also have six. They are tied. So a nice job there. One hundred and ninety seven bingers called overall. See a few of other Peanuts and crackerjacks on this and of course you can join over on discord at fanacypros dot com slash chat. You can join for free, but if you want to call home runs, you gotta be a premium subscriber. When you do, you get a ton of perks. You get all the tools at Fantasy Pros to manage all your teams, which is amazing. Imagine all the leagues you have and all these different places being able to set lineups just on Fantasy Pros at the touch of a button. So that's what you want to do. So very exciting there. So there's our home run.
Speaker 2: All Look, I'm glad they didn't try to squeeze us in there either. So it's like Joe one Welsh one, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, don't squeeze us. We don't deserve it. And come later, let's do some prop bets because DFS is lame tonight by the time the podcast version comes out, we're barely gonna touch on it. But special offer for our new users here from bet mgm. When you use that promo code leading off, bet ten dollars to win two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome, we're giving you money. Download the betmgm app right now, the King of sports books, betmgm dot com and enter that promo code leading off when you do today. Well, she's the props. I like Marcus simeon Total Bases over on DK one and a half. I like the over Luis Robert against the Cleveland Guardians and Police Sack. I like the over on his one and a half total bases same one and a half on DK, on Vlad and Joe Ryan four and a half on Fandule for the kprop, I like the over Joe Ryan's got some stuff and Casey's got some k's, So that's what I like. Any of these are something else? Pop to you real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love your Joe Ryan one so much, so I have that one as well. That is the only K prop. I really like it over four and a half, and you have it on FANDAL. I think also MGM has a good one. I gotta you, gotta tell you, I do like your Robert and I love your Vlad one. The other two laugh as you want. Byron Buxton one and a half over total bases minus one thirty on DK, you absolutely freaking believe it as he returns, and I kind of like, say as Zuki one and a half over total bases over on MGM is plus one thirty five against pirates. So give me Suzuki, gimme Buxton, of course, and give me the Joe Ryan k prop.
Speaker 1: Look the slate here is all weird. Fanduels got a three thirty start slate. DK's got a couple games you can play, but they're not really sexy games. You got the Texas Rangers in there. I want to talk about Jordan Hicks because everybody wants to know she'd be streaming Jordan Hicks today. He's five eight on DK. Would you throw him against the Marlins today as a secondary arm on DK? Because to me, that's what's whether you want to make that jump or not. With Jordan Hicks, Can he get a W because he kind of needs to, I think basically, But I don't know if he's gonna pitch that long. I don't think.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't. My sole reason why I'm not interested is I don't think he's in there to qualify for a win. I could be wrong, as they've been stretching him out. I just don't think he's gonna be making it through.
Speaker 1: We'd have to have everything break well for him. He'd have to have like, you know, one or two really efficient innings, like yeah, right right. The guy that I do like is if you play FanDuel and that three thirty slate play Paul Blackburn. He's been very good so far. He's just seven to six. Nobody cares. Nobody likes the A's clearly because nobody shows up to the games. They had three thousand people the other night. We'll get to that maybe tomorrow. But Paul Blackburn's seven point six. You can go get whatever you want. Lineup builders on DK Hey, if you want to take a shot on Julio, maybe he gets hot today at two point eight. Nelson Cruz on Fandel. I would lock in Nelson, Cruz and Soto together with the Washington Stack and Paul Blackburn. That's how I would approach FanDuel DFS tonight, let's call our home run. I'm going with my boy Luis Robert. One of those total bases, how about comes from a home run? So give me Luis Robert, my dude, let's go. I need a home run in the worst way. Welsh, where are you gonna go for your home run? Call tonight? A hmm?
Speaker 2: Byron Buckston. We're gonna go Byron Buckson on the return. Absolutely, why would I not? I've been awful right now in this You've been awful. Yeah, I'm gonna stay on brand. I'm gonna go with my guy, because I'll get all the love if Byron Buckson does actually hit it. It's good play coming back. Give me Byron Buckston? Why not?
Speaker 1: And Marcus Simeon is Mike Meyers. Pick again. If you've got to pick, go over to Fantasypros dot com slash chat and join our discord today getting the mmas all these fun things. Tomorrow we'll be back again with Ryan Warmley is gonna be our special guest here on the show. So if who knows, if fox and that's three, Welsh might find a way somehow to show up again and be on the show. But great work from the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. The answer, by the way to the trivia question is Mickey Lolitch at the very top there. That's right, remember old Mickey Lolitch with the Big Ears and Bill Freehan of the Detroit Tigers, and then Warren Spawn and Del crandall everybody's favorite Del crandall right off the I just thought it was fun for any of.
Speaker 2: The old time j Ful Medal said, Hey, Welsh must have a life sized fathead of Buckston. No, I've got it of Warren Spahn, Who are my guys again? I've got them back there. I've got these guys I always have. I've got Mickey Lolich and Bill Frean, That's who I've got back there. Of course everyone knows that Joe from nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 1: Learn in something like we like to educate here on the show. And make sure you educate yourself in the betting world by downloading that betngmapp. Head over to betmgm dot com and use that promo code leading off when you do. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p see you next time, kids, Lolich. The want