Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Training can't continue today with day two and we got to hear from some Marquee players once the Ravens concluded practice, as well as head coach John Harbaugh. Today we heard from wide receivers Odell Beckham Junior and Zay Flowers as well as star safety Marcus Williams. Let's kick things off today with head coach John Hartball.
Speaker 2: Okay, appreciate everybody being out here. Great day for football. Our guys made the most of it. I thought we had a good solid work day. Second day was better than the first day, so we appreciate that. We try to get better every single day. I thought our guys did that today. I handled the elements, all those kind of things well and we'll be looking forward now, finish up with some meetings tonight and get into tomorrow. What questions you have the element the coming out late out of ann Yeah, it is and we thought it. You know, we thought about it in the last couple of days because of the heat. So they're doing their their their pre practice and their individual indoors in the in the indoor, so they do that in there and it kind of keeps them out of the heat for another half hour to forty minutes, which is a positive. So that that's uh, it's been good and they appreciate.
Speaker 3: It and related adjustments that you have to make more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you have to be very vigil I think our staff does a great job, training staff, strength and conditioning staff. Everybody's doing a great job of making sure we get the hydration. We're monitoring every single player. Uh you know, you may have a player here there, it's got to take some time out or you pull them back. We took a little more time between drills. You saw today we had we had a period right before field goal where we just took an extended water break, you know, just try to cool them down and get the helmets off, stop them moving a little bit. It's it's it's good. It's not often you play in this kind of heat in the NFL. Maybe in early September you might get a day that's hot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So it's there's really no reason to push it, to push it beyond the you know, the edge for sure, and I don't think we've even close to that, but there isn't there is an aspect of it with acclamation. It is positive if you haunt the right way, and I thought our guys did a good job of that.
Speaker 4: Is there any playful comments from the D line about the lay of it?
Speaker 2: No, the D line wasn't there because the offensive line is always out here earlier working. So I think the D line knows better than that.
Speaker 4: Day's a training camp down. How do you feel like the guys are out the that your offensive system?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think they're on their way. You know, it's kind of hard to put a great out. We really don't try to do that right now. We just look at everything that we need to correct. We always talk about confronting everything that has to do with our football, every single thing, not each other, not anybody, but the football part of it. So we're looking at all that stuff really hard and just trying to improve on it and get on the same page.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a chemistry, cohesiveness, talk it all out, make sure that we always shared understanding.
Speaker 4: Tom, we haven't asked you about Nick Moore getting hurt for a trading camp. Obviously you never want as your lungs happened, but given the timing and that you could bring in something like tail of experience. He has feel good about being able to acclimate.
Speaker 2: With that very good point. I mean, for Tyler to be available was kind of a It's a blessing for us for sure, and we appreciate it. He's a he's a pro. He's one of the best in the business, you know, and he had an injury last year and now he's fully healed.
Speaker 3: We love Nick.
Speaker 2: The timing was tough as unfortunate deal, but he'll he'll come you know, he'll come back with flying colors, I'm sure. But the Tyler just got right in there seamlessly. There's a few things to learn, but he stepped right in. He's a really good fit for what we do with our pump protection. So we're happy about.
Speaker 5: What are you looking for? It is time to get from you and tear your guys, especially their cats on the right.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: What are you watching for it to make it a successful.
Speaker 2: Day for those great point. I mean, I think first of all assignment in alignment, we want guys to be in the right spot. We're looking for communication, and then we're looking for technique. You want to see the footwork, the timing of the technique inside with the big guys with the hand placement move their feet, leverage base, those kind of things.
Speaker 4: Can come holler and say, so far we've had a lot of you know, couldn't bring the bottle in the past two days, a lot of different books. Is not indicative of trying to see where towards best. Got more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I really believe it's a versatile group when you really look at it, because all those guys have played every spot, so you know we're gonna use that to our advantage. I know, the offensive coaches or are really trying to build it in where you see those guys moving around in different spots, a lot of motions, things like that, So I don't it'll be hard to find guys a little bit with what we're doing that's a positive, and then we're just putting the offense in with the guys we've got, so beyond that, I think it's kind of teaching it, getting good at what we're doing, and then as we do that, we're going to a feel for where we're at with who does what when the time comes.
Speaker 4: We have the bank, the bank.
Speaker 2: Steve a shady Steve shady. Yeah, Steve wanted to Steve couldn't couldn't read them either, So Yeah, it's really interesting. Like, as a co coach, if all these guys, if none of these guys had a number out here and I was watching the tape as a coach, I could tell who everybody is. I don't know what it is. I think any coach would tell you that. You just know your people. You know, you know how they move, you know what they look like. But if you don't do it every day, you know you need the numbers. So you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, here's a guy that's a year into the system. It's the same system as last year. He's definitely taken over in terms of communication.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then with you know, Chuck was doing that last year, so I think he was. He was you know, Chuck kind of had that role. So he's done great with it. He's playing great, he's confident, he's talking out there, he's running around. It's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: I'll take him smatch.
Speaker 1: Mark and.
Speaker 4: You know how how tricky is its balance miscal a miscality and knowing.
Speaker 3: That has all how good it see guys?
Speaker 2: And well, that's right. I mean that was a play that was perfect because there was no phys the County two in terms of contact, and yet he was able to time it up, get his hand in there and make a great play. So I think the ability to make that play without going through and you know, the tackle going through the receiver like he normally would with the legal hit, he did it in the way we didn't touch Mark at all. That's pretty darn good, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean. To see him to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm always amazed by the athletic ability of these guys. I mean, and you guys watch it so you guys know, it just blows your way, right, the fact that these guys can play so fast and not be on the ground hardly ever, not running too each other the way they do it's it's just a testament to the level of play really, and there their talent. Charlie prank I didn't have any nice guys said, you know, we didn't see much last year as during this man that was the wrong Yeah, Ruth, you and Charlie's ready to go. You know, he's big, he's strong. I think he's uh, he's determined and he's running routes. He made a real nice catch yesterday on that inside box fade made the wheel route today for the big.
Speaker 6: Point looks good.
Speaker 5: The couch with with hire defenders.
Speaker 4: SA guys need plays.
Speaker 3: You expect to get the more volumes as you had kind of have antab.
Speaker 2: We still go for the plays. I mean, you may get a couple more plays with the with the fast tempo, but we try to keep the volume we have. We measure the volume very closely. There's a litre questions that looking with the love and say, you know, I just I like the way coaches a Midwest style coach. You know, we we we know what you were about, the same age and we come from the same part of the country. So the style, uh, you know, the way he the way he interacts and relates, there's a lot of energy to it. You know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's got a great job.
Speaker 1: Man the Green and Stevens versatilities God same teams with the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he can do that too. You know that it goes to the versatility point. I think right now he's played mostly safety. He can go outside and play corner, so you know that's that's something. The more you can do, you know, he's he's got a lot of tools, so it's gonna help us, all right, Thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: Now, there's been a lot of buzz about rookie wide receiver Za Flowers. He has earned the nickname the Joystick from quarterback Lamar Jackson. He's been impressive throughout the off season in the early part of training camp, but he talked today about his expectations going into his rookie season.
Speaker 7: Alight ready, then Lamar gave you the jeweys Stick. Yeah, I like it like it's It's a nickname that ran in my family. My brother had the nickname Joystick, So I guess I get to take it over.
Speaker 5: So he's about a lot of time to go to all in the connat kind of time that I'm up in trading cap.
Speaker 7: What's the biggest thing for him to be to take the work man, I'll say, just working hard every day, like going for what you want and because you know, he did it as a young player too, a thousand yard season, thousand yard season, and I'm just trying to learn what he did, take a routine from him, and trying to just use it towards my way and do with my way.
Speaker 2: Worse specific stuff that.
Speaker 7: I'd say, taking care of your body, making sure your body always prepared for the work you do.
Speaker 4: What about those sessions you guys how in in South Florida drop rocking and so forth? He did you get how ade.
Speaker 3: It was? More?
Speaker 7: We was like with Lamar, so we was kind of running our stuff like for the team, and he was just teaching me about delaying on routes, being patient and taking my time, not always speeding everything, not making everything so fast.
Speaker 3: See, you seem like you can.
Speaker 5: Smile me since draft, Like you're still riding that that high from from draft night as we go into training camp right now.
Speaker 7: Nah, man, I just I just like working. I love being out here on the field playing and being with my teammates.
Speaker 3: Say, like some rookies seemed like.
Speaker 6: Kind of shine you know and approach and roll your more.
Speaker 3: You seemed just the opposite. Uh, why your stuff?
Speaker 7: It's football, man? We all can't we coming to play and I'm tryna win just like they are.
Speaker 3: Uh say, I think you were.
Speaker 4: Saying and you don't really wanna be paid to any one receiver positions worn.
Speaker 8: Play at all?
Speaker 1: Who's a like important with Todd.
Speaker 3: And it seems to just wanna all the receivers, all these different positions all all the time, you wouldn't see out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he just let he He use everybody's ability to the best. Like he put everybody in places where they'll be able to make plays. So you let me play outside. I play outside in college where seventy five percent of my time. Instead you let me play outside inside. Then he put O outside. Then he'll put Nelson that du that we all just rotating, we all play makers. So he just use it to the best of his ability.
Speaker 3: Stands.
Speaker 6: But in terms of what you expected from your first training camp for a few days and versus in reality had a second.
Speaker 7: Hair, Uh, like what I expected, I expected to like run into something crazy, like be super tied, like intense crazy practice. But I it kind of remind me of college, Like it's a little shorter and I feel like it's a little easier.
Speaker 3: They're talking about the todds of offense.
Speaker 6: You're more comfortable in.
Speaker 8: It than how comfortable do you feel about what.
Speaker 3: You did suppose?
Speaker 7: Okay, Uh, I'm super comfortable. He make you feel comfortable. I my receiver coach make you feel comfortable. And everybody that's around, all the vets, they help you out so much that it feel like you just just learning and you playing.
Speaker 3: You think working out what you've been working out with an order even before you got to drink, Devin and or so many here.
Speaker 1: But it is, what, how did you describe this mindset?
Speaker 3: We didn't take this mindset that is, let me get to this sea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, winning super Bowl that's the same mindset I got. That's the same mindset I had on draft night when they drafted me. And then we got old. So it's like, definitely go get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say, how different has this learning process you?
Speaker 8: If you as a rookie you tryna learn the playbook the the NFL player and pars like when you first got to college with.
Speaker 3: A posse of profit.
Speaker 7: Uh, it a fe like it's not a difference. I just can't believe I'm s a NFL player still that I'm here. But you know, I'm just grinding away every day, staying humble and trying to go work.
Speaker 8: Has a playbook anything, It's more difficult.
Speaker 7: Than you prinking, bear, Uh, I was not really, It's just you just getting in the playbook, learning it and applying it on the field.
Speaker 5: Then I said, been like being on the field with guys that you watch coming up like Lamar OPJ Mark Andrews, Like it's something that you're not only out there with those guys, but you're looking they're looking for you to be a a key.
Speaker 3: Piece in offense right along with the Uh.
Speaker 7: I ain't really sink in yet, but I feel like first game in the sink in when I see them do some crazy stuff and then I'll do something crazy, but that that'll probably when it's sank in. Say this yourself, border Oh absolutely, I had to use a cold towel today, did ye?
Speaker 3: You're preparing for your rookie season and you're around like a bunch of better race.
Speaker 6: Who would you say has been the biggest mentor to ye?
Speaker 3: I'll say all the guys.
Speaker 7: They all support me and try to help me out with things that they seen that I haven't, and like Nelson helped me out a lot. Oh and uh Lamar helped me out a lot too, But everybody, like just do they part and help me out and try to help me they best of the ability, so they do.
Speaker 2: The people pull up your phone after you kind of go viral and like work after the barn or cha next call that was life.
Speaker 7: Uh Nah, I don't really pay attention to it. Honestly, it's just a workout and I'm just trying to get my work and go on about my business. Honestly.
Speaker 4: Say when you talk about taking sure of your body and words and things that you've had to prioritize your complicated.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's the same thing. Just taking care of my legs. You know, make sure I'm doing the cold tub norma text and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Say when you see the advice, that's stuff with you.
Speaker 7: Throups play a process and being shot where you go be yourself. You don't gotta change for nobody.
Speaker 3: Be yourself.
Speaker 7: You know, it's a lot more media, so you don't change for nobody. Always smile, stay happy, and play football. That's all.
Speaker 3: It is my dad.
Speaker 4: Special time around Obja, what is it you're trying to learn from his approach? That's legs and the kind of success.
Speaker 7: You wanna have, just like keeping my body healthy and being consistent every year. Uh yeah, that's why I think it detrives me perfect. And then out the Cutts fives do everything explosive, so try to make people miss it's a perfect name.
Speaker 3: Man, he'll get done.
Speaker 7: I was thinking about Professor X. But we'll go and we'll go with that joystick.
Speaker 3: With Jak.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 7: JK is super funny, super funny. Is we just chat live? You know it just we haven't had a real conversation yet. But he a great guy.
Speaker 3: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now there's been lots of conversation and focus on the veteran Odell Beckham Junior. He was a big free agent acquisition for the Ravens and he's been one of the best receivers in the NFL throughout his career. He talked today about his journey here to Baltimore and what he expects in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: What help does it ever get old here? And the chance for you or you're everywhere you step.
Speaker 3: On this ever never get old man. You know, first day yesterday, coming out, I just wanted to be grateful for that moment. You know, it was a long time in rehab. You know, I've talked about it obviously, you know, dark days, hard times like and just to be able to be back out there running around. I didn't care what happened, you know, it just was just a blessing to be able to step on that field. You know, say a prayer and think and you know, for another opportunity. So I was just in a very gratitude state. I guess you could say, so you hope you saw your.
Speaker 4: Prost after practice about how it a lot to happen.
Speaker 1: When your family just saw out here. What was that like in britand through after practice?
Speaker 3: It's just like I remember being you know, I remember being the rookie and coming in and you know after practice you seeing everybody's kids run up to 'em and their family and just that like warming embrace and y and your little ones and looking at you and you're all here. You know, you're working hard for your family and yourself. So to me, it just was very surreal. Like my son, it's really you know, him running up and you know, uh, some of my family out here. So yeah, just feel blessed.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're looking basically you look that you've developed a lot physically since if any camp, you're more explosive, you look. Do you feel more comfortable and confident than you?
Speaker 3: Appreciate that. Appreciate that I I've been working, you know. Uh, like I said, when you come out to mini camp, you know, I have my own opinions on it. But at the end of the day, like we play in September, and it's about a gradual peak. You know, if you're ready to play a game in mini camp, you know, when is that slope gonna start to turn downwards? You know? And I'm just happy to be able to you know, it was a lot of hard work, you know, going from two three days, you know, going from a gym to a field to lunch to work it out to recovering.
Speaker 4: Just happy that you see it, I feel like happy out there for another training camp or was there like a almost strange feeling could spend.
Speaker 3: As it's it was a strange there's a I think I talked to my coach about that. I said, Man, my last training camp I think was in two thousand and twenty one. You know it, it just was a strange feeling, like do we have to sleep in the hotel? What's the schedule? Like, you know, just kind of getting reacclimated. But I think because of everything that's happened in my life, like the things that you used to find yourself maybe like having small complaints about like you just you know, I'm trying my best, you like to not hear it out of me and just to know that, you know, and in a matter of split seconds, Like you know, things happen. Uh So, like I say, just gratitude is all I'm feeling right now, knowing that there's a lot of work to be done. And yeah, it's cool, and you know, I'm just trying to enjoy the moment and have for it right now, but there's a lot of serious work that needs to be done. So I'm just trying to find one thing to get better at each and every day.
Speaker 5: You know, with Todd Monk and how you worked with him in Cleveland, are there any still similarities or differences from the culture style from then as to where he is now.
Speaker 3: I think life's all about situations and not every situation is for everybody, and that's just how it is. And I could see that you know that may that situation may not have been for him or myself. And you know, he went to Georgia and wins national championships, and you could see a level of confidence in him that I like, like you walk into the room, you grab the energy or a dominant force, and you know, obviously he has command of what he's seeing and I think he knows, I think, but he knows exactly what he wants to do, and he sees what we have here. So I just think the level of confidence. Not to say that he didn't have it, but just from what I'm seeing now, he just he seems very happy to be here.
Speaker 4: And how much most of it did you get it?
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly, just enough, you know. I look, you know, somebody was like, man, how much you wait? Won eighty And it was just it was funny to me because I'm not nowhere near one of its, you know. So it just I've been working hard. Like I say, it's a lot of work I had to put in to be able to even step back onto the field and compete with, you know, the the best in the world. And we got a a very good defense that I have to go against every single day. So I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be able to to to get me. Right, joll You got to spend time with Day and Labari in South Florida. Now you spending time in say on labarn camp with Day. What's impressing you the most about him?
Speaker 4: And do you see any similarities.
Speaker 3: From you or a rookie with him that to him? Uh, definitely, the the smile that he has on his face, the joy the like he he definitely AH appreciates being here and just being able to spend time with him in Florida and just kick it and you know, now, you know, pick his braind and him pick my brain. Like I feel like I I I know my role as you know the guy who he you know, I used to watch you in middle school. I'm a little older, so I know that I'm the leader, uh and the follower all in all in the same breath. And I think that's important for a leaders to be able to follow and listen. So just being able to be out here with them now finally in the same colors and practice and just knowing, you know, what we're working for and what we're working towards. As much fun as we have, you know, we all take it very seriously. Well, I'm not gonna say anything about percentages because I know that. But right now, are there any limitations do you feel, you know, coming back from the injury? Is there any limitations while.
Speaker 1: You're out there?
Speaker 3: Na, it's just hot, know what I mean, Like I don't, there's no real limitations. It's just about you know, knowing every detail of the playbook and that way when you know every single thing, you know, which is day two. Once you you know every single every single thing, you could play fast and I could just feel myself just wanting to continue to learn, continue to find something to get better. I continue to harp on one thing for the day to come back and correct it the next day again. Like I don't know a percentage, I just feel I feel like I'm gonna continue to work to get back to who I know, I truly am.
Speaker 8: What's your impression of the offen together to try.
Speaker 4: To start around?
Speaker 3: Yh you know, we all we got a lot of work, you know, uh ahead of us. But I think that I'll just let to wait, wait, wait til we get to September and and and see what we have going. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: You have a lot of young wide receivers on the teams.
Speaker 3: How are you a mentor to them?
Speaker 6: And are you car and how do Cooper cared.
Speaker 3: You to be that for them? Experience? You know, I learned from you know, Victor Cruz. I mean I I I've been around Cooper Clubs, the Matthew Staffords, Eli Manning is I I mean I The list goes on and on, and people who aren't even you know receivers. It's who I learned from about you know how to be a leader and how to lead, and I know that. I know my role is. Uh. I obviously I won't make plays like don't get me wrong, you don't want to score a touchdowns. I wanna dance, I wanna have fun, uh, but definitely to help the younger guys mentally, physically, spiritually, however I can, and I embrace that role in that opportunity, and I take it very serious. So I don't mind. I don't mind being the older guy for us, you know.
Speaker 7: In the room.
Speaker 3: Soyo, what's getting your impression in the very culture say part of it's it's I It's the real deal. I'll be honest. I could feel the the the love of the city. I could feel the excitement about the opportunity you know, we have in front of us. And again, like I said, I take that seriously, Like I take it very serious. Gotta learn how to hit the strut and all that you know, and just have fun with him man, embrace the opportunity and win some games.
Speaker 6: Although you think it a lot about gratitude, you tweeted about that last night, but you did allude to some other blessings that you would like to see in your future. Can you share perhaps what those might be.
Speaker 3: You can't share those. But it has to do with a lot of dancing, a lot of fun, a lot of touchdowns, you know, yeah that or the bop or whatever we gotta you know, the bird flew out and the hit accent tier and deer good. Yeah, I like it though, I like it. Somebody came up to me the other day he said something. I had to had to have him repeat it. But you know, just embracing every every single bit of uh what we have going here.
Speaker 2: But you brought up a defense and obviously you guys have a lot of talent and seeing rob but the secondary has talent.
Speaker 3: And some continuity. What what ways are they pushing you guys in the artist in the secondary where you might not. I mean, you got a all pro corner, you got you know, safeties who were you know, probably gonna be all pro d line linebackers. Like it's it's everything you look for in the defense and a tough, fast physical Uh. It just presents a challenge and that challenges every single day. So that's why I said, I know it's gonna uh get me right.
Speaker 2: One more you spend time with the more you know employee, and you know in the off seas gottle Bit and now here, what you say, is this kind of mindset that.
Speaker 3: You need to the season in the field? U. I think it'd probably be a better question for him, but you know, just looking for far he he he looks like he wants his mind's only on the super Bowl and he knows that, you know, that's a daily process, day at a time, details, you know, all the little things that go into uh the end result that people see with the confetti. It just seems that he he really wants to win and he wants to have fun. He like you said, he wants a third for six six thousand yards, you know, and I'm I'm not mad at him if he does.
Speaker 4: But what was uh find the the hair color choice for the season?
Speaker 3: Finished? Purple? I've done it before, you know. I always just feels fun to switch it up, you know, And it's probably the only time, like you know, when not being playing football, that I really haven't died, otherwise I'll be an adult, uh for the rest of the time. But you know, just det have fun. Purple kind of faded out so well, next time you see me, it'll be a little more purple. But you know, it goes nice with it, It goes with uniform safety.
Speaker 1: Marcus Williams is one of the most important players on this defense. He made an immediate impact last year after coming to Baltimore in free agency. He's a ballhawk who just has a knack for the football. He missed some time last year with a risk injury, but when he was on the field, he was an absolute difference maker for this defense, and he talked about what he hopes to accomplish in his second season as a Raven.
Speaker 3: Were here, everybody all quiet, I'd like to play at that bunch of about it? What do you think of it?
Speaker 8: I get the ball all the time. That's nothing new to me. I mean I just look at the ball, and when the ball is there, I just attack it. I mean, that's that's what the game is about, right.
Speaker 5: Marcus was comfortability level in this defense right now. Second year, more acquainted with your role defense, especially in communication.
Speaker 3: The bottom was raving about your communication yesterday. I'm just look about right. I mean, every day we just worked to get better. Each day.
Speaker 8: I worked to you know, perfect my craft and do those little things by communicating, being leader out there, just talking to my guys, and you know, as you see, we we all come together, we make plays, and that's just gonna all help us all get better.
Speaker 3: I think coming years that you wanted to be more than I mean, I've always been a communicator. It's n it's nothing new to me.
Speaker 8: I mean I've always done it, even last year when I was here, So it's really nothing new. But continue to do what I what I gotta do to make sure our team's in the right spot.
Speaker 3: That's what do you think about him? How start year? He looks great?
Speaker 8: I mean, since he's a rookie, he's always been getting better. He's gonna continue to get better. Uh in the film room, out on the field, get him more comfortable, you know, playing together side by side. So you know, as long as he continues to to focus, lock in and come out here and and do all he can to to work, Uh, I think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Industry that you have to.
Speaker 1: Jail and your feel to see trying to go back last.
Speaker 3: In that process.
Speaker 8: Oh of course, anybody, anybody you go go out there with you you know, you wanna build that chemistry. But Uh, just being usually being together for a whole year, you know, it gives us gives us that uh that chemistry already. So just be able to talk to him, him being able to listen, and I he even tells me stuff. So I it's just you know, feeding off each other so we could both get better.
Speaker 4: Or you got off to such a hot start when the indujury he came back.
Speaker 5: Persons interception, your first games, you come away from here saying, man.
Speaker 3: There's so much more meats up on the boat than me, and you know, I can't wait to show that in too. I got injury.
Speaker 8: Uh shoot, I mean I I if I came back and I had a pick, and it means I was pretty good. Uh But nah, I mean there's always there's always more from me. There's always there's always that next step that I could take.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: I'm not finished being the best person I could be. You know, I haven't peaked. I'm still working. I'm still young. You know, I'm still trying to be better than every single person that steps out on the field.
Speaker 3: Or that's the offensive.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to attacks for a lot of heart, but defensively for you guys, so that kids, you have how can you guys.
Speaker 8: Can have to see it's it's up to us though. We we have to we have to put in the time. We got to put in the work. And it starts right here, starts right down on training camp.
Speaker 3: He he makes a millionaires up to t to be Is it just right? Position? What?
Speaker 5: What do you think is the the biggest key to making the josif for.
Speaker 8: Sh well, shoot, you gotta be a ball hog, I guess, and I mean that's what I am.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: I mean, I watch a lot of film. I come out here, I practice hard and so so it translates to the game days.
Speaker 5: Marcus, what are you saying from some of those young past rushers specifically dating the job? Hope we didn't get to see a lot of them last year.
Speaker 3: What are you saying from him and always progress.
Speaker 1: So far this year?
Speaker 3: I think they're hungry.
Speaker 8: They're hungry young guys who who wanna get after, who wanna make some plays, and they're not gonna stop until they get these sacks to get the quarterbacks down and not let anybody get bound.
Speaker 3: Par you making a big reception that a field gets every time that felt.
Speaker 8: I hope he makes all those in game day shoot.
Speaker 3: I mean you see him. You see it from his past teams.
Speaker 8: He makes those plays, spectacular catches and great great receiver. So you know, hopefully we come out here in game one and he's doing the same thing. Our color teacher is Mike mc thomins in the house.
Speaker 3: He helped you guys some career from this time last years in this uh.
Speaker 8: He takes us time to teach us every single day to you know, locked in all those small details. You know, if we if we have a mess up here and there, you know he's making sure we correct it. He's not gonna wait until the filmo. We're gonna say, Okay, that's what you guys need to do right now, and then when we go to the film whom we correct it again so that we know next time we come out here is corrected and we're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Marcus jerious seeing we're all you know, quite a lot of a lot of people curious perspective to defender what you.
Speaker 3: Seen the stands there.
Speaker 8: Young talent he's coming out here, is really quick, fast, gets off the ball, you know, it catches the ball. He's he's gonna be He's gonna be a star as long as he puts that time in that work in, comes out here each day and works and grinds and never gets complacent. I think he's gonna go out there and ball.
Speaker 1: That was safety Marcus Williams. You also heard from Odell Beckham Junior is a Flower and head coach John Harball. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast and make sure you leave a rating and a review here. Also, go ahead and check out the Lounge Podcasts feed as well. Press conferences are gonna be taking place every day throughout training camps, so check back tomorrow for some more pressers. Plus, Saturday, we're having a free open practice at M ANDT Bank Stadium, and if you can't be there in person, don't worry. You can watch the full live stream of that practice at twelve forty five pm. We're gonna stream it for you on our app, our website, and our YouTube channel, so make sure you check it out. Thanks for listening. To talk with you again soon