Speaker 1: Jewist.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and every body.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all, It's laurenl Rosa. This is the Latest with Laura L. Rosa, your daily dig on everything pop culture and entertainment, news and all the conversations that shape the room. Now today, back with me again.
Speaker 1: Brandon Branding to be back as always. Thanks for having me again.
Speaker 3: The Michelle Obama hater.
Speaker 1: I don't want to the whole week ago. We don't have to keep bringing that up.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like a couple of days, was it?
Speaker 1: My time is off.
Speaker 3: You and you know how you deal with black women.
Speaker 2: Happened so much that I just I got lost in a time, friend, welcome back.
Speaker 1: It means nothing. I saw the picture of Sasha Obama and yeah, I know that kind.
Speaker 3: At the party of the day.
Speaker 1: Was that there was the dustin Conrad like a concert or let's in part whatever. Yes, so if it counter acts anything I said last week, So Obama was looking amazing in that picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, look at you just man explaining that the man math whatever it is, it's whatever you're doing it's like it's objectifying the daughter because you made fun of the mom. That's how you make it. Alrighty y'all, Well, welcome back today. It has been a great day. I was gonna say it's been a day, but it has been a great day. Right here, right now is where we do the check in, because you know, when you grind in behind the scenes, you need sometimes to just be asked, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: For me, it has been a great day. It has been a busy day. That is my word today. Busy, Brandon, how you feeling.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good too, but we're making sure it happen. We're making sure it happen. I'm also busy, but just running around tired as usual. But we just stuff.
Speaker 2: You feel like you got your yeah back from Houston.
Speaker 1: Nah, that doesn't come back for another week or so, you know what I mean? So yeah that that stays with you, whatever that word is called, That stays with you for a while.
Speaker 2: Non facts, because I feel like I'm still feeling it today. There was like, yo, you're so quiet, you really retired. I'm still feeling it a little bit from Atlanta. I feel like better and more rusted than I felt, but I'm still getting it back.
Speaker 3: We can old. It took us a couple of days to take that.
Speaker 1: And every day I was in terribly, eating a lot of good soul food, just sleeping a lot like I was. That that messed me up for sure. Well it's been right since.
Speaker 2: So let's get on into the latest. We broken exclusive here on the Latest with Laur on the Roads, though, we did the interview with Misa Hillton's attorney. Mesa Hillton is a fashion stylist, you know, industry architect of some sorts, creative director. She's done a bunch of things in the artistic space when it comes to hip hop and culture. Also, she shares a kid with Sean Colmes Diddy Justin Colmes. She currently issuing Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige R. And B singer Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige for five million dollars over a business deal that they had set up with the Battle. So we talked to her Aturney yesterday who told us some things. Brandon, you was here for. You got the answer, you got to ask some questions. Do you feel like you got enough answers to your questions?
Speaker 1: I mean the attorney he gave a lot of information, but he didn't have all the answers himself on exactly when the relationship started going sour. Yeah, what do you say around around.
Speaker 3: New Year's or what he said?
Speaker 2: Uh, he said they were in a wulla together and then he said around super Bowl so that was like February. Yeah, super Bowls when he's claiming that things got weird between Misa and Mary J. Blige and that they had actually try to set it. Go back and listen to the episode before this about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like we said in that episode, there's feels like there's more to the story and it seems like more is unwinding.
Speaker 3: And well, if you know me to do anything else, okay, all right, it is. But it's like the way you think he was calling me a strong black woman. You were saying, I'm nosy, but I don't know if I appreciate either one of them.
Speaker 1: That's a good word for journalists, that's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm thorough at my work. Okay, But so I do have an update for you guys. I actually spoke to Misa Hilton because yes, there there is more bubbles and more holes that we needed.
Speaker 3: To be filled in.
Speaker 2: Uh, and what we reported it kind of gave information around everything that's happening. But for a lot of you guys who know the relationship between Mary J. Blige and and Diddy and you know Missa Hilton, you know, even if not even if you don't know specifically Mesa Hilton, everything she's done, you know the relationship between what I would call her family when it comes to Diddy and her son and Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blise, it is a.
Speaker 2: Decade long over the decade decades long relationship. So I spoke to me Sa Hillton, and I'm like, Yo, there got to be more to this. There's no way that that is your sister, that is your blood for as long as she's been and you guys are beefing about a music artist and it's not even about who the artists is, it's just in general like I thought that it was. It was really than rat for y'all, No pun intended. Here's what Mysa told me. So Mysa said she wanted to make it clear. She said we did not fall out over Vado over the Vadal album, and the lawsuit was not brought because we were no longer friends.
Speaker 3: Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige needs to release Vodo, communicate around that and needs to stop holding him hostage.
Speaker 3: Once Vado did not go with Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige and her boyfriend's management, Mesa claims and alleges that the boyfriend Mary J. Blige's boyfriend, her crent boyfriend as management shut down.
Speaker 3: You know, just a bunch of different things.
Speaker 2: She said, that's when the shutdown began, and at that time is when now Lisa is saying that she is looking at Mary J. Blige like, you know, you're in breach of the existing contract that they had. Now, a lot of people have had questions about Vodo and musically, you know what he's done. People are like, yo, bro, I didn't even know Vodo was still making music. I didn't know he was still making money off music. Like basically, you know, they not playing with him a little bit. So she also wanted to make it clear that, you know, when we talk about that five million dollar number and why the lawsuit is that and how it got to that amount, there's a bunch of different things that go into it. But she says, when you talk about circulating numbers, Vodo was writing for two of Mary J. Blige's albums as well as two tours. He was promised that he would go on to tours at Mary J. Blige, she removed all of this. The number the five million dollars is not from the anticipated album sells that he was not able to put out. Mesa says her and Vodo were supporting her and building her label and her as Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige.
Speaker 2: Vodo is also a super creative writer, vocal producer, ghostwriter and ideas guy, and there was a lot in motion there. The Still Believe In Love song, which was one of Mary J. Blige's most recent love songs, went ten weeks number one on the chart. Vodo is on that song, to be clear, So Misa said, you know, let's not be so quick to discount Vodo. He brought that good Harlem energy and heeded the queen up. The queen is Mary J. Blige, and she, you know, this is the question that me says, asking the world what other rapper did Mary J Oblige go number one with for that long in the last fifteen years. Lisa says, I wait, this is when Mary J. Blige wanted to sign Vittal. So she says, basically, after you know he's writing, they got that song together, to Still Believe in Love song, it goes number one on the chart for ten weeks.
Speaker 3: Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige, Misa alleges, comes to them and it's like, hey, I want to sign Votto and she was very aggressive about it too, allegedly according to Misa. So Misa says, no matter what anyone thinks of Vito or what level he is or is not on, a breach of an existing contract is a breach period.
Speaker 3: Friends are not, but what friend would.
Speaker 2: Breach and violate this way and then refuse to communicate the release? These things are tough to understand with the thirty plus year relationship at the HELM because it's hard to really decipher what's happening with so many opinions chiming in in angles. However, I understand that it makes for a good conversation. Breach of contract and no communication for a year, So now we have a timeline. Misa hill and says that it was a year that her and Mary J. Blige had not been contact, not been communicating, and that you know, she's alleging that this breaching of the contract was happening for about a year. Lead you no choice? Why won't marry J Blige? And this is Misa asking this, why won't Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige.
Speaker 2: Just resolve this and put this behind all of us. That's the bigger question. Judgment is too easy in this situation. It is shocking. However, this is screaming so many things on so many different levels.
Speaker 3: Just take a deeper look. God bless and thank you again.
Speaker 1: Whoo that sounds like a lot o going to attorney on the same page with this story. That's the attorney before you said it to you.
Speaker 3: I think they're on the same page.
Speaker 2: But I think that Mesa, in this being a legal matter, was playing it safe by having her attorney, you know what I mean, and not even having her, but by her attorney choosing to speak out on Mesa's behalf. I think you know that's the way that you because it's still is depending laws. This is illegal matter. You want to be safe about what you say, you know, because things ken it will be used against you and a quarter a long clock it. But yeah, I think they were just being saved. But I think after I know we did the report today via the Breakfast Club. We had the exclusive here first on the Latest with Laurena Rose of the podcast, and there were blogs that picked it up. So I think once our reports started circulating and she heard the interview in full. And that's why I love to put things and you know, if I don't have to say it, I'd rather put it in your words. You tell me what you feel, let me put it in your words, because I can't misconstrue something that you directly are saying to me, you know what I mean. So because of that, and because of the words she heard her at turning to say, she wasn't upset at us or anything. You know, she did have certain things she wanted just and be sure. That made me to know, yeah, but she wasn't upset. But now she's coming out, she's like, you know what, I'm gonna play it smart. But still, here's some context to this, because I think the internet right now and people right now are making this as like a cat fight over a rapper, yeah, or on.
Speaker 1: Personal relationship and like, oh, we're not for ad anymore, you see exactly. But there was a lot of clarification what you just said. So, I mean, we were thinking one track, minded and battle only, you know, wanting the five million for his music like that. But like you said, you still writer at the end of the day. You know, it sounded like it was a tour coming, they said, So there's other aspects of his value that he brought to that relationship that we weren't even factoring him.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. I didn't know I did.
Speaker 2: I was seeing him on songs of Magi Blige, but I remember seeing it and being like, oh, I've heard from him in a while.
Speaker 3: But I never even looked at like look much into it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even tell you the song off the top, but to know that, you know what I mean to stayed on the trust for all the weeks and him writing imagine writing a Marrigor e Blige record. You know what I'm saying. That's a big that's that's that's a check you' gett to publish a check if you did, if you did it right. So now I understand you know why he wants his money.
Speaker 1: And then she clarified the possibly going behind her back and trying to steal him and manage him with her major. Blidge was trying to image him with her boyfriend and and that like Riata the like just block boxing Mesa out of everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna tell you this right here.
Speaker 2: If I'm married j Bligh, I know we talk about this a little bit on the last podcast episode too. I want my boyfriends the furthest from my businesses. They can be keeping, you understand. I want my business on Earth and my boyfriend on Saturday. Just because of everything she endured in her last relationship. I don't know who who the guy is, but I just know that that's a new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: She did not learn a lesson. Yeah, well there's gonna be another Sadass. Sorry, let me know. Another Sadass album might come from this whole situation.
Speaker 3: I mean he's sad Mary.
Speaker 2: He's a good music yeah, as bad as it sounds. Speaking of lessons learned though, so do you remember Shador Saunders, Dione Saunder's son, he eat that print call that happened.
Speaker 3: So the kid that print called him.
Speaker 2: The NFL just dropped some serious fines on the Atlanta Falcons and that defensive cordator Jeff Albridge because it was his son that orchestrated that print call. So, according to ESPN, they broke the story. As we're preparing for the podcast, the team has now been slapped with the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine, and coach Albridge himself has to cough up another one hundred thousand dollars for failing to protect confidential NFL draft info. That is a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars ass whipping. If you in my mom's house, can you imagine what that that whooping is like?
Speaker 1: He can't just throw that on his son because he was responsible for this confidential information. But that's crazy.
Speaker 3: You would never think your son.
Speaker 1: Record himself with his face and everything. He's galing laughing, but it's a fuck up situation because she's doing was really like that must have been a real tough moment in his life. But he thought he was going first round. He got pushed all the way to it was the fifth round. And I know that was like tough for him to hear because the way he answered the phone ill happy because I don't know if you saw the video of him talking. Yeah, he bought that phone specifically for the draft or that moment and only the coaches, so he knew if that phone rings, I'm going to get drafted. And I don't know, if you watch the draft, like everybody picks up the phone and they talked.
Speaker 2: To a coach before was it a brand new I think it was a brand deal because remember he was like Metro PCs.
Speaker 3: Since that, I mean, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it.
Speaker 2: Don't matter, but yeah, specifically for that and even with that, when I remember when him it was him and his brother Shiloh in that video, right, yeah, mind you Shiloh is shallow.
Speaker 3: Is a superstar. Shiloh as funny as heck.
Speaker 1: Personality I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's not good at football.
Speaker 1: He's cool. He signed to the Buccaneers so he didn't get drafted though, but he's he's signed after you.
Speaker 2: Are so shady, he said old personality wise, No, he's funny, you know.
Speaker 3: He really is. Like I knew that.
Speaker 2: I knew that they were like, you know, close, and I knew of Shiloh all Dion's kids before that. But I don't think I really paid much attention to Shiloh's personality before this.
Speaker 1: Because he looked with the most like his dad. So he likes to impersonate his dad and always his dad.
Speaker 2: Well he did the clip with the clip with the mom Yeah tell me what that that that because you're Caribbean, you know you're African.
Speaker 1: I willom from Ghana all right, right, is African. Yes, what's your question. I don't even know how it's related to your door. Your doing is not African.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, but I feel like mallenated parents, they beat you a little different when it comes to certain things. You can't call nine on one in their house, and you better not cost some no money, and you better not don't have people in their house that they don't know, especially sitting on certain couches. Yeah, how this would have been in your household?
Speaker 1: If I cost my parents one hundred K, three hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: And my mom's work and fifty K as she got Joe for it. Yeah, I think I was just like, I'll just leave, you know what I mean. It just starts where I want to go to Ghana. They'll come find I just start over the new country. Maybe a few years later they'll forgive me and I'll come back later time. But that that's just that's crazy to do to like hack. I'm not hacking, but go into your parents stuff and still information like and then record it and post it online like that.
Speaker 2: That's saying that's bold that you should have make getting beat since you was young, And that's the problem with these gentle parents, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It seemed like one of them entitled frat boys. I don't know if you want know you went to the HBC.
Speaker 3: I know, I know what I mean. I've seen them on movies. Yeah, I've seen those.
Speaker 1: Was like, he thought that was so funny, just too Like I said, it should be funny when you're young, but to fun with somebody's.
Speaker 2: Like, how young is he? He looks like I was about to say, he looks like he's like twenty.
Speaker 3: Two to twenty three.
Speaker 1: I think he was twenty one.
Speaker 3: Sold enough to drink, you old enough to think.
Speaker 1: Bro, you should definitely do but you about to graduate college, like you gotta be bro. Somebody should do that. Somebody when he's applying for jobs, somebody should break off like, Yo, you got the job, but you're gonna have to wait a little bit. Yo.
Speaker 3: I also saw too that should door he did.
Speaker 2: The second day of the draft, the numbers came in for like people that were tuning into the draft, and they were saying that the numbers were it was like a big monument.
Speaker 3: It's like number of monuments that's.
Speaker 1: Kept going on because even we were busy this weekend, like I was in Like I said, I was in Houston. We were like moving around, but we kept checking our phones looking for sure. Around the third round, you didn't go for what we were like shot, we were out, but we were shock, like what is going on? Like this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So there was their accounting.
Speaker 2: They not counting, but they're attributing those numbers to him and all the controversy around, which is great, you know what I mean. Him going from college to NFL and having all this attention Branda was about to be going crazy and he's good, hope.
Speaker 1: So, but like they were talking about like his contract, because when get drafted that late, your contract can't be over some amount. So I think he's definitely gonna be making less than a million when he was making He can make it up in brands though, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, he definitely has the popularity to make it up and brands. But it's just funny how like nowadays you can make so much more money while you're in college.
Speaker 3: Right than when you're actually getting tip pros.
Speaker 1: Right. But I know, I wish him the best. I hope he cooks. He's likely to have the starting position, I think because they just got rid of Deshaun Watson. So I really hope like he takes this and runs with it. He has a Jerry Judy as a receiver.
Speaker 3: He has to run with it, doesn't he all right, y'all? All right, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: So taking it outside because you're not allowed to take y'all outside to the streets. In a tweet to be outside, we outside the outside. I broke his story today, Elijah Arena is speaking of sports and athletes because you were telling me he is like a really I know him because he's Laragovin and Gilbert Arena's son, but you were telling me how good of an athlete he is.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I think he's the best basketball player's son. He was in the McDonald's All American Game this year, played very well. Him and his little brother are really good. Like I'm becoming stars. I think he got he's going to USC. He got a scholarship to play for USC next year. So he was supposed to be like one of them ones. Like everybody, he has the most. I think between him and Kayne are the best like basketball player sons in my opinion. So well, I've been watching and looking forward to him so this dudees was real tragic.
Speaker 2: He still has the potential to be one of the ones, honestly, because.
Speaker 1: I meant to ask you about that, but I'll let you finish.
Speaker 3: The story that I broke today was that Elijah A.
Speaker 2: Renaz was released from the hospital and he is now resting comfortably under close watch. His journey to four recovery is just beginning. You know, his spirits remain strong and he is surrounded by love and support. Now, this was a statement I received from a rep for the Arenas and Govin family, which is you know, his mom and his dad, and it just talks about how his family is preparing for the road to head with faith and determination and they're committed to nurturing Elijah back to one hundred percent. He remains blessed, resilient, in high spirits. The family continues to ask for privacy during this time as they focus fully on Elijah's healing and well being. They say they thank everyone for continued prayers and encouragement and the outpouring of support. Now, when I tell you, guys, when I tweeted this, there were so many people responding and just like people really were praying for him, and I think, you know, you just never want to see someone you know not be okay after something tragic. But I think also too, with people attaching his career and the opportunity that he has because of how good he is, people were really praying that he was going to be okay. And there are reports earlier this week we talked about on the Breakfast Club that you know, he was walking he was talking the annihilation to kind of you know, he's still getting over that, but I think he'll be able to get back to sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I meant to ask you from what you know so far as to extent of his injuries, because mind is saying that he was trapped in the vehicle and the smoke was just yeah, pilling off his lungs. But there's no broken bone.
Speaker 2: No broken bones, no broken bones or anything like that that I know of, and that I that I was told. But I don't know how to smoke inhalation. Will can mess with basketball because like.
Speaker 1: Maybe lack of yeah, issues and stuff, I don't I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know if there was I don't know that, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I don't know. I think eventually that will be a conversation that they're open to having I think right now they just happy to have a baby back. And I think right now, because you know, he's old enough where he can pick up his phone to get online and so can his friends, they might not want to put that information out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. You don't know what he has lined up.
Speaker 2: I don't know that though, but that is something that I did ask and you know, I know they can't wait to update on that because I'm sure he can't wait to figure that out either, Like what is it going to be like now?
Speaker 1: And it's like I didn't even think about it before. I just saw him as a good basketball player, but like how famous he could be Now I'm obviously thinking about this from a media point of view and like brand dealing because how his parents, like his mom is on I'm the Real Housewives side of.
Speaker 2: Basketballwives, it was one of those arenas, and the dad is was an NBA superstar who has his own platform too, So like now that people like putting together, it's gonna be a lot of.
Speaker 1: Eyes on him. So I'm not just saying young one that I hope really you know, recovers and does great and makes it to league eventually.
Speaker 3: I think he will.
Speaker 2: Now I want to read some of the comments that were super nice create to relate in my Instagram comments said, all I needed to see was back to one hundred percent. That's a blessing that lets y'all know right there, God is good, somebody said Walter Underscore. Lily six seven eight said, thank you Jesus. He is recovering and on the road to healing. I send love and prayers for him and his family during this difficult time. Someone else said, it's just a lot of God is good in amen.
Speaker 1: Like all tragedy is sad, but it's something about knowing like somebody has such a bright future and something happens to them. It really it really messes people up. Thank God.
Speaker 2: Well, y'all, yeah, yeah, sending him something. I'm honestly had just happened to see how everything ended, and I know that he still has a journey. But it's like the look and the sound of the accident and reporting around it, it sounded so.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean about a certain word.
Speaker 2: It was just like it was just like a serious and severe in the beginning because they didn't know, I think everything, but they just knew it.
Speaker 3: Was it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so guys, that has I mean that that's it. We we got some sports, we got some exclusives. It's been a day, but Brandon, thank you for sticking it out with me today.
Speaker 3: This is the Latest with Lauren Rosa.
Speaker 2: I tell you guys all the time, y'all could be anywhere with anybody you know, talking about these things, because at the end of the day, there is a.
Speaker 3: Lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: But you're right here with me, and I appreciate you guys every single time you choose to come on back, Keep coming on back, keep coming on back. I think we're getting bigger and better and you know, just filling out and getting voluptuous times.
Speaker 3: This is the Latest with Laura l Rosa.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Laura la Rosa, and I will see you guys in my next episode.
Speaker 1: M