Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Bobby Bones here and we have an episode we're gonna do today. I don't really have a name for it. I've been working on some titles here. I think what we're gonna go with today is in case you missed it, five stories from this week. Then in case you missed it, we're gonna talk about and catch you up on. So number one is the Michael Jackson biopic controversy. We're gonna start with that. Eddie's here with me. So what do you know about the Michael Jackson movie So far?
Speaker 2: What I know is it's a biopic about a certain time of his life, so it ends somewhere like in the eighties.
Speaker 1: So that's what a lot of people are upset about the upcoming film. Michael is already a bit controversial, not for what it shows, but for what it leaves out. And when I first saw that, I thought, oh, they go through his whole life and he dies and they don't address the allegations, right, you know. But it stops around nineteen eighty four, it says. So I haven't seen the movie, but it says reports say the movie ends around nineteen eighty four before any of the abuse allegations. So the real debate is if you just stop before anything controversial happens, are you avoiding the truth?
Speaker 2: Which I don't think so, No, the story ends.
Speaker 1: And also I would rather them do a movie where they focus on a part of the life and be pretty thorough as opposed to the Queen movie, which I thought Ronnie Mallock was great in it, but it was Queen's like we just picked up guitars, now we're on top of the pops, right. They skipped so much that it seemed fake.
Speaker 2: Yes, so.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. One of the other things I saw it was controversial is whenever the reviewer started to review it, it got terrible scores. Oh wow, I think it was like thirty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 1: But now that humans are reviewing it, it's getting like in the nineties. So is it really humans? Even Mike's here, who does movies, Mike's movie podcast, Mike with the reviews, it's all humans now, Yeah, do you believe this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think critics wanted to hate it because I think they thought it wasn't going to be done justice in any way, and they feel robbed of the story of not telling his entire life.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool to hate it.
Speaker 2: Is there a plan to have two movies?
Speaker 1: I think if the first one does well, I think you do a second one.
Speaker 2: And then you can kind of address everything that people are thinking.
Speaker 1: You cut out it sound like Lord of the Rings. They shoot them all once and then put them out right. They didn't shoot both parts.
Speaker 3: Now, initially it was going to be like a four hour movie his entire life, and then they restructured it, did some reshoots. So now that's why it's this version. There could be a part two.
Speaker 1: Wait, did they already shoot then some of the back half and I just didn't use it.
Speaker 3: I think they shot more than at one point. This was a three hour movie, so there could be more to the story.
Speaker 1: I also, again I don't know everything. I also don't think that Michael did it the stuff that he's been accused of. So he was acquitted in court in two thousand and five full criminal trial, was found not guilty on all fourteen counts. So criminally, he was found not guilty on fourteen different counts, and so the argument for me is he was found not guilty. There was no physical evidence in both the nineteen nineties case and the two thousand and five trial, there was no definitive physical evidence presented. Much of that case relied on testimony, which then is interpretation, which is then you start dealing with people's motives. Sure, so in nineteen ninety three, in a case that was settled out of court, supporters argue that settlements don't equal guilt. And I would agree with that a bit because I've learned recently that I was watching somebody who was getting sued talk about this, and he was getting sued for I'm going to make up a number ten million dollars, and he said, my lawyers came to me and said, there's about a ten percent chance that we're going to lose this case. What we suggest you do is give ten percent of what the settlement is. So he paid a million dollars.
Speaker 2: He sent ten percent of of the loss of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what ye, they're suing them for, which was ten million dollars. So he paid a million dollars. He said, I didn't do it. My lawyers are like, there's a ten percent chance you're gonna lose ten million dollars. So just because they settle, I do think there's just nuance now. So it is still weird. There was money here.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. Who who made this movie? Like, who are the producers?
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson's like, nephew is the main person, right, yeah, son Jafar al Right, nephew, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you mean he's the main actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pays Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's why he looks like him so much. Well that makes sense. But like, if I'm producing the movie about you, for example, right, I'm your best friend, I make the movie about you. I get to decide what goes in that movie. And if there was a part of your life that it was crazy because you were accused of something but nothing ever came of it and no one knows, I wouldn't put it in the movie. Like purpose, that's not what I want people to know you for. And plus it just I don't know. I just feel like that's a big part of not putting it in the movie as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could also make the decision to cut the movie off at a certain point or like they did.
Speaker 3: That's what they wanted to do with Bohemian Rhapsody. They wanted Freddie Mercury to die in the middle of the movie and then the rest it would be the band going on without him.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine that because the people living were the ones doing Yeah. Brian Johnson, Brian may Brian May Right.
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, we should die in the middle of the movie. And then it's about how.
Speaker 1: We get with on Lambert. Yeah, half the movies Queen with Anam Lambert and we're like that movie.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson. Inconsistent testimonies Defender's point to claims that some accusers stories changed over time. The FBI reviewed aspects of the case over several years, no federal charges were ever filed. So to me, even though the controversy here is, they did not put in the controversies. Looking at it now, I don't feel I do feel like he was a weird guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like there's anything that we can point out and go he did it. He's a bad guy. He touched kids. I don't feel like that happened. I don't feel like I can say that there's been concrete evidence. I get why people don't want the controversies in. There also just a weird time, like there were like three channels, and if all three channels said something, we just believed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. The networks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no no Twitter, no independent news. You had three channels on a newspaper.
Speaker 2: It's got to be tough too, Like when these when they make ray you know, or whatever, and you start talking about just like the infidelities and the dark side of these people that no one knew. It's got to be tough for family members to be like, hey, just tell the whole story, this, all of it, so everyone knows. Because what's the advantage, like's the advantage of keep Elvis the way everyone knows Elvis or no, just let it rip and let everyone know what Elvis did behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: I think the advantage is if the movie feels grittier and real, more people will watch it, and you hope it's a net gain on what they take in from the person. If you go, we're just going to do Mike, can you? I Am a movie that was done a biopic and it was too glossy and it was so just nice to the person that it became almost unbelievable because if that happens and a family does that, it's so unbelievable we don't believe it, and then we don't go watch it. They're not not making any money. And if you're part of the family or you're part of the people that have the true you're gonna make money off of how successful the movie is. So I understand the sentiment. Yeah, but you got to put some real stuff in there, because then people will question it's legitimacy. I did enjoy learning all that stuff about Ray, all the Heroin stuffs crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, who knew all that? So yeah, to your point that, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: But it's different, like kids is different than Heroin is so different. I just based on as an adult because when I was a kid and that stuff's happening, I was like, Michael Jackson did it for sure, because the news told me Channel seven told me seven on your Side told me Michael Jackson did it, so I believed it. I don't in my heart now because of everything that I've seen, as far as no convictions, I don't. I don't think he did. I think he was a weird guy. I think he grew up very troubled. I think his dad was awful to him. I think he was tiger wooded in an that it was such discipline, so hard, and then he just wanted to be a kid. He never was able to grow out of that. I think that's where that landed.
Speaker 2: Are you going to watch this movie in theaters?
Speaker 1: No, I don't watch anyth in theaters. No, I'll stream it. Probably.
Speaker 3: I did fact check myself here because I told you that the movie was longer. They did spend fifteen million dollars to remove a scene that was about the allegations.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, they spent money to remove a scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they had to go back and reshoot it. So they spent another fifteen million dollars to reshoot the ending because I was involved in the ending of this, but there was a lawsuit from nineteen ninety three that they had to go back and fix.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I would love to see, you know, the death scene of how it all ended, because we really don't know much about He overdosed with a ivy in him, didn't he That's what we hear, right, But I mean for me, like like when the doors, like when the doors came out and you get to see how Jim Morrison died in the bathtub and like all that, Like to me, that was like closure of like, oh, the whole story of the guy you're weird. Mann't weird? You just want to Hey, La Bamba, you know you want to see that was like the.
Speaker 1: Death in La Bamba was actually the reason that story became even the story. Had they not died that young, I don't know that they would have been as famous as they are now because I think of the happens to a lot of people. You die young, when you've got a couple of things going on, and people go, oh, they would have created hits their whole life. You stick with a lot.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of them. Yeah, young, I mean, I don't know. There's just something like even the Elvis movie, like there was no closure to Elvis's death, Like I want to they talk about the toilet like it would be cool.
Speaker 1: To you want to watch them sit on the toilet and die, behard, that freaking weirdo.
Speaker 2: I want to see how the story ends. We're gonna do the life story. I do want to see it all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: I did think that the movie of Priscilla Presley's called Priscilla, Yes, that was good. It was a good movie, and it kind of also showed Devil's kind of creep.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, But at the same time, she was very no, I wouldn't say defensive, but she was very like open and saying like no, he never did anything to me like he was. He gave me his his space, like he but.
Speaker 1: Didn't he like you there? When she was like fifteen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was really young and he was older. Yes, and then he had permission from her parents to take her wild man crazy story, wild crazy story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was twenty four, she was fourteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it got worse. Yeah, it's bad, it's best and you almost want to say what different times, But I don't know, man, I don't even know about that there. So that's the controversy with the Michael Jackson movie. Our Mike is going to watch it this weekend. If it gets good reviews from Mike, I'll go watch it. If it's to not, not go watch it, stream it if it's too corny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I historically don't like music biopics, so I'm not going in with it because, oh, like they didn't address that. I'm not gonna like it. If I just don't like the music part of it, it's gonna be weird.
Speaker 2: You know What's that you were asking Mike about a good glossy movie, and I think I don't know if you ever saw it, but the Bob Marley movie that they met.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I would say, what was that, Mike five years ago?
Speaker 3: It was like three years ago?
Speaker 2: Glossy?
Speaker 1: He wasn't like Robin Rady like going to raship gun. Isn't that what he did? Like he would go on and like take his gun into radio stations and make him play his music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard that story, the stories that I from the Island Records guy. Yeah, he's told that story. And also to all the infidelity of like you know, his wife being in the band, but him having a bunch of like they barely touched on that stuff. But he has like a lot of kids and they barely even my time, man, different time, But that I'd say that was glossy because I really wanted to see some of the gritty stuff and that was nothing really there.
Speaker 1: All Right, Next up we have five of these here. Shania Twain is hosting the ACMs, So it's about as big a gain as you can get. Yeah, it was Reba the last couple of years, Garth and Dolly before that, So it's about as big a get as you can get. So congratulations to the ACMs forgetting Shanaia to host the show.
Speaker 2: Did they pay her for that?
Speaker 1: It's not a lot.
Speaker 2: So it's like a like a what do you call it a union fear or something.
Speaker 1: No, it'd be more than that. Mostly it's the prestige of it. The last couple of years it was Riba and I was like the second person up. I was actually on camera more, but I wasn't the host. They didn't sell me as the host. But then things would break and they'd be like, Bobby go out. And so like the last three years I've been involved in that show, and all three years are like, man, you do this, your next stept to host the show, your next stept to host the show. And they only told me like a day and a half before. Look, there's no way I should have been hosting it over Shanaiah. But for years, you do this, you do this, You'll be the guy. And so this year I was like, I don't know, maybe, and they wouldn't say no, wouldn't say no. Leading up to it, we've been talking about you. There's a shot. And then got the call, Yeah it's gonna be Shanaia. Dang and I'm like, man, I wish you told me that like two months ago. Just say so again, Shanai and Bobby, that would have worked.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be real nice. I like the sound of that.
Speaker 1: They did really lead me up to thinking, oh the past few years like do this do this because even me doing the show the last couple years of Rebel, I was like, I love Reba, but I don't know you get paid me standard fee or whatever, and so I'm losing money going out there, like who cares? You know, I can do this more people will watch for what I care for. And so yeah, we got the call and I was like, son of a gun and they're like, you can still come and present.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm good and it's in Vegas and shout out to Vegas. A long trip, had a long trip. So congratulates to Shanaya. That is awesome, not congratulations to me. No, well, they walked me up to it. I just wish they would have said way early, like hey, if it doesn't work with Shanaya, because all everybody was waiting like, oh this is it. We said the last couple of years, we do this, boom out we go. So what get him next time? Kid, Nah, there's no next time. Okay, I'm done, I'm out. I'm done. Number three on the list. Did you hear about Madonna's wardrobe going missing after she performed a Sabrina Carpenter?
Speaker 2: No, anybody hear.
Speaker 1: By that story, Mike, did you? Okay, So at Coachella, Madonna comes out and performs with a Sabrina Carpenter is super cool. And so she comes out and one of her Madonna outfits and Saberena Carpenter had even put on a Madonna type outfit. Okay, oh that's very much Sabrina now too, but they same vibe, same aesthetic. And so Madonna's outfits like, they weren't just outfits, they were the items that she originally wore during her two thousand Coachella debut. And so so about one point thirty in the morning, a golf cart moving across the festival grounds had her clothes on it and then they were gone.
Speaker 2: So interesting.
Speaker 1: So now some reports say the belief is the bags fell off the back of the cart right on a dark, bumpy road.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the festival ground.
Speaker 1: I know no evidence of the theft so far, which is weird, because if you just find a bag and it's got closed in it, you probably turn it in.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're a good intentions, or you at least look at it and be like, oh, this is this.
Speaker 1: Is Madonna's wardrobe, or this is some wardrobe I should like take it to the visitor center. A vintage Gucci jacket, a lilac corset. Why I sell boots from the tom Ford era? Do your glasses? So not just expensive but significant? Madonna said, these aren't just closed or part of my history. She's offering a reward wow for the return of these clothes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But people steal stuff all the time, Like, this is a memorabilia era we're in. Yeah, I know if this were out. Well, there was also a story too, not memorabilia wise, but the person that was posing is justin Timberlakes team and they stole all the golf carts. Yes, yeah, that's a whole funny story too. But this is an era where if you can steal like something that has cultural significance, you can sell it back, sell it in some sort of say black market.
Speaker 2: That's the cliche thing to say. I mean, I would go eBay, but I mean, is that even like, well.
Speaker 1: They tracked that quick cry need a private seller for that one. So I pulled some of these other sports ones because this happens in sports all the time. After the Patriots Super Bowl comeback, Tom Brady's game warn jersey that was stolen directly out of the locker room was a big story because there was no break in. It was just taken from a secure area. The thief was a credential journalist who had access to the room. He had actually stolen multiple items over time, including another Brady's Super Bowl jersey and a Von Miller helmet.
Speaker 2: It was his thing.
Speaker 1: He just knew he had access.
Speaker 2: Sang and it's probably just a little sneaky, little grab. There's a jersey right there.
Speaker 1: No for sure, thought out, Oh yeah you think so to get Brady's, Yeah, for sure, Like this, I've done it before. This is the moment I can go. This is precisely where I'm going to go. Otherwise, if you want to get like Gaskowski's jerseys, that one is Tom Brady's freaking jersey. So that was one. But they did catch the person. The FBI tracked it down to Mexico. Wow, they covered everything. So and that wasn't about somebody breaking in. That was somebody that had access. Yeah, yeah, what do they say that the killers in the house.
Speaker 3: Or calls coming from inside the Yeah, it is the calls coming from inside the house.
Speaker 1: Lebron James Miami heat security guard stole hundreds of pieces of memorabilia over time. One of the biggest items was Lebron's Game seven jersey from the twenty thirteen NBA Finals. The guards sold it for one hundred thousand dollars. It later re sold it an auction for three point seven million dollars. Wow, so this is and now they know this. It was a slow, unnoticed operation this guy was doing for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's like the office space, one little thing at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they just don't like since it's a little bit. It's weird though that that thing sold for three point seven million, Like they never got it back. It just now belongs to the person who paid.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: The millions of dollars to it. Michael Jacks or excuse me, Michael Jordan. Before a game in nineteen ninety, Jordan's jersey was stolen from the locker room. There was no backup number twenty three, so we had to wear number twelve with no name on it.
Speaker 2: No way. You imagine the panic when he was like, I can't find my jersey. Guys.
Speaker 1: He went on and scored forty nine points, but he wore the number twelve. The original jersey has never been recovered, which is why this story exists still because it's kind of mythical.
Speaker 2: I kind of want the number twelve jersey though, Like, where is that thing?
Speaker 1: Well somewhere out there though that twenty three is one of the most memorable jerseys ever. Yeah, one if you have that one that was stolen from the locker room, and then one other one Wayne Gretzky's memorabilia heist. So not a big hockey guy, but I know that here was part of this. No, but they broke into his house, his dad's house, No way. Yeah, they broke into his dad's house in twenty twenty and stole a ton of stuff. Game you sticks, jerseys, gloves, an award. Somebody knew that was dad obviously and when in police eventually recovered a lot of the items, most of the items after a multi province investigation. So Canada, Yeah, yeah, but yeah, they broke into the dad's house. Wow, most of these though, even with them, they're not break ins. There are people who knew people feel about a Madonna thing. I don't feel like a bag of Madonna's clothes just fell off the back of a cart, and if so, I want to know who was driving the cart, because they put it on the very bag the very bad way off, and they hit some bumps on purpose so it would come tumbling.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think the regular person who finds a bag with something any say. You even look in the bag and you're like, wow, this is Gucci. This is why said this is The average persons isn't going to think like I could make money off of this.
Speaker 1: The average person is going to go, this would be not mine, Oh my god. Yeah, And the average person is probably gonna post it on Instagram, look what I found, and like want to flex it. They're fined right there. It's just not going to disappear, and they go it fell off a golf cart down a bumpy dirt road exactly. Hang tight. The Bobby Cast will be right back and we're back on the Bobby Cast. Okay, I got two other ones. We will get into a story that was in sports and now it's crossed over into pop culture, which is the head coach of the Patriots, Mike Rabel and Dina Rassini, who worked at the Athletic as a reporter. The pictures come out in Sedona, Arizona, and at first you know they're interlocking fingers. Man, this feels like ages ago.
Speaker 2: It does. It does, and telling the story how we first found out.
Speaker 1: And they're like, now, in the pictures of us, we were with friends. Yeah, he's hanging out with a bunch of a girl's trip. He drove up from football and I don't know, and we've just been friends. And then slowly it just starts to leak out maybe that's not what happened, and then people start doing the interlocking finger of beame. So then in the last couple of days you saw the pictures of them in a bar in New York and they were sitting facing each other, and I think, Hea, they've just been sitting at a bar in New York facing each other. I don't think those would have popped as hard because it had been like, oh, they're together, they're talking at a bar, nobody but the touching in like one legs in between the other legs.
Speaker 2: He's grabbing her elbows like leaning out.
Speaker 1: It looks like he's about to kiss her. There's been another photo that has popped up from them twenty twenty four. I think it was pretty super Bowl and Biloxi at a casino together. What I think is there? Why are they sot in the open?
Speaker 2: I know, I mean care free as if like.
Speaker 1: You're both Rabel for sure as famous and she's famous in that.
Speaker 2: World in the sports world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a lot of people that are going, why is this even a story? People cheat all the time, You're right, that's true, but when you have two famous people cheating, that's always a massive story, always, and it's like a crossover hit if a Rascal Flat song gets so big a country and it goes to pop, Like we in Nashville had that song existing for a long time before people pop heard it. That was in the sports world for a good four or five days before it ever crossed over that.
Speaker 2: There was something going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we knew about it and why it got to the top of the charts in the sports world is because she's a sports reporter who supposedly is doing it the right way, going to her sources. She's beating out other reporters because she's better at turns out, most likely she was getting a lot of the information because she was better at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting in touch with the information.
Speaker 1: Touching the information for a tend. The weird part has been in the last couple of days, stuff has come out about her husband, who looks a lot like Mike braind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does resembles him a little bit.
Speaker 1: So they have kids in one of their kids's name Michael, and according to the timeline she was with Frabel pre Michael. I don't think that's Brabil's kid, but that's a weird coincidence that the kids named that.
Speaker 2: It really is. And there was a post, you know, four days after she had the baby, and she's like just looking at my four day old Michael and just thinking about all the great football players and coaches named Michael. What. I just love that the internet goes into just research mode.
Speaker 1: Well, they pulled every tweet to hers out. I just kept thinking, is she going to shut her Twitter down? She locked her Instagram up maybe a day or two before private, but her Twitter was vulnerable and people were because anything, even if it didn't actually mean it. Now it looks like everything Yeah, was connected to.
Speaker 2: It, that's true. Yeah, videos everything, there was one that.
Speaker 1: Was like, man, had a great day, I'll be walking funny, had a great night last night, I'll be walking funny today, And so people were reposting that and it really probably didn't mean anything. Yes, So did.
Speaker 2: You see the video where she's talking about being in Miami and she's like, man, I went hard in Miami.
Speaker 1: She was like, my I didn't tell my husband all the stuff I did or whatever. Yes. In the end, the reason people care is because it's two celebrities doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the story is if they would have just admitted it for at first, it would not have gone on this long. The fact that they said, stop paying attention to this. It's laughable, I think, is what one of them said. When people feel like you're trying to get one over on them, they go in double until they.
Speaker 2: Double down on you. All that research starts getting done.
Speaker 1: It's got to suck for her. Yeah, here's what it sucks for her husband, their kids, yep, Mike Brabel's wife, yep, his kids, his kids, and you know who it sucks for it. Way after that, she's the one that did it sucks.
Speaker 2: For her and she got fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah she got fired. Her contract was coming up anyway, but yes she got fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wild story. How this has taken over pop culture because it is so sports, but people love human stories. Yep. The final one here is first Mother's Day is coming up for me. We had a kid six weeks ago or so, and so what's my angle here.
Speaker 2: To make her day special?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so easy to say. That's like when people say, what's your advice for a relationship? Communicate this interesting? Go big gift? Do I go handwritten long note?
Speaker 2: No money? Do what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Man? What would you say?
Speaker 2: You know my wife? I do know your wife. And let me just kind of go back to like, you know, just me celebrating my wife's mother's day when we first had kids, you know, like when we had our first son, you know, that first year. It's interesting because I would think that my wife would want to break right like Mother's Day, let's go and I will take you to dinner or lunch or whatever, we'll go hang out at the lake whatever. And know the opposite, my wife wanted to just hang out with the baby.
Speaker 1: I find that to be true right now, because again it's so new boy and I think her having the baby close to Mother's Day is different than if the baby was six months old. Sure, but I do find that now I'm like, hey, do you need a break, And she's like, no, I actually enjoy it. I'm with the baby right now, so this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like sometimes she'll want to go shower or do something human and I'm like, yeah, I got you covered, or like she went to like get her haircut or something, and I'll watch the baby. But You're right about that? Is that at times when I'm like you go, do you She's like, no, I'm doing me. This is what I want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even now we have four boys and like your oldest is eighteen, young as a seven. And it's like, do you want to take a break, like for Mother's Day? Like we can go to a movie, we can do whatever you want. She's like, no, I want to hang out with them. So, man, what do you think she would want to do? Like the all three of you guys, Like, have you guys left the house?
Speaker 1: No, because the baby hasn't got it's two months. Yes, we have to do walks, not around any other people. The two month shots. Yeah, yeah, yeah, ain't got them yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can't really do that. You can't really go somewhere.
Speaker 1: By Mother's Day, though I could, could you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was that in two weeks?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, okay, all right, we're getting there. Okay. I mean I think that'd be kind of cool to take her somewhere, take her out because you guys really haven't done anything with the baby, because she's going to want to spend time with the baby. Are you thinking gift?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I I've never even thought about Mother's Day. I know because one mom's I'm been alive for a long time, and so she has. My wife hasn't been a mom. That's just been so off my radar. If you would have asked me six months ago what month is Mother's Day, no idea. I wouldn't have even known. It was in May. Yeah, so it'll be a date now that you'll remember. Is it on is it like Thanksgiving like every fourth Sunday? Or is it on actually like the eleven? It's on a Sunday though, right.
Speaker 2: Always on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, second Sunday, So second Sunday in May?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw I was on that Sunday man, did I tell you what happened last year?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Last year in my family, like I didn't forget Mother's Day. My wife's birthday was just a few days before Mother's Day, and so I just felt like it was a double scolding.
Speaker 1: I forgot Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: It was bad. So I was just kind of looking at it like, oh, we celebrate the birthday and then do what I normally do. Buy flowers in a little Mother's Day balloon, put it in the kitchen, and boom, there's Mother's Day. But the kids never said Happy Mother's Day, like and it was almost a point where I was like, do I tell them, like, hey, guys, it's Mother's Day, Like, go tell your mom Happy Mother's Day. Let's do something for her. But I didn't. And the whole day nobody said Happy Monsday to her. I did, but my boys didn't. And she was though, it's totally on me, Yeah, and it was just bad. She was just like I cannot believe we went the whole day and you guys didn't recognize Mother's Day. Because I always thought, like, you know what, we did the whole celebration. It was like a three day celebration. But no, that didn't count. So yes, do something, do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do something. I just don't know what she really wants. Have you asked around like a little hint here and there? No, I literally, and my wife is good. I could literally say what do you want? She would tell me. Then I would get it for her and she would be happy with it.
Speaker 2: But that's not your style.
Speaker 1: No, it's not my style. And also I don't like be done.
Speaker 2: Like that because then she's telling you what to do.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like if it's it's my birthday, she goes, what do you want? I'm like, I don't know. I don't want anything. And then when she doesn't get me anything, I'm like, why don't you give me anything? That is I'd like to really put the screws. I want you to figure it out. Right, I should be worth the investment, right, But she's not like that. I know, but I feel like she's worth the investment. So I don't want to ask her. But then, so that's coming out, that's in my mind.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: So for everybody out there, Mother's Day is come.
Speaker 2: Do not forget it. May ten And if you have kids, tell them too that it's a Mouther's day and have them do something as well.
Speaker 1: One other this will be an honorable mention. And so what we call this show today? Things in case you missed it, In case you oh what's Oh? I see who do that thing? Huh?
Speaker 3: I see why? Am I?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In case you missed it, I see why? Am why? Whatever the date.
Speaker 2: Is is in case one word or two words?
Speaker 1: Well, and I also forget this one and that it's I see, so it'd be two okay, But if I were spelling it, I think I would write it. I'd write it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like one.
Speaker 1: I'd write it one word, but I don't is that right? One word?
Speaker 2: Did it be a little autocorrect?
Speaker 1: In case if something is true it is too i'd be wrong then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing is if we could get Dylan to come up to a microphone for a second, so Dylan works production won't be able to see him here. But I started watching the whole cocon documentary on Netflix. Oh have you seen any I'm not controversial guy? Obviously, Yeah, I watched the first episode. It's really good. And so Dylan, how old are you Dylan?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Twenty six?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what do you mean now. So we were talking about this because you did you watch some of the documentary?
Speaker 4: I have not seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, who Brandon?
Speaker 2: Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Anybody watch?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So we were talking about it and Brandon was like, watch first episode and so I love wrestling, especially wrestling back in the day. And Dylan, you were where were you in Florida?
Speaker 2: I think it was clear Water? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Why were you in clear Water?
Speaker 4: Just vacation?
Speaker 1: And so he said there was a whole coching. Do you have his own store or statute?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had his own like I don't want to say memorabilia store. It wasn't like memorabilia, but it was like just wrestling.
Speaker 2: Museum on Main Street. And he's got like a there's like a mannequin outside.
Speaker 1: Yes, seen it? Yeah, you know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Yes, go ahead of the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So me and my dad were out there and we're like taking a photo and with the you him out in front of it, and this big black truck rolls up and the window rolls down and we're obviously not looking, and all we hear is, why don't you guys go in there buy yourself something real nice?
Speaker 2: We look, it's freaking whole cogin. No way.
Speaker 1: Oh just wait, So it's whole cogin.
Speaker 2: There's more.
Speaker 1: There's more, Yeah, not only that.
Speaker 4: And Brandon clarified this and I'll say it in a second, but he did give us five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: He's like, go go get yourself something real nice.
Speaker 1: He had it on five hundred bucks from the truck. He said, go buy yourself something nice.
Speaker 4: But he's just giving himself five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Really know, he.
Speaker 1: Didn't have to, but you also didn't have to spend at all.
Speaker 2: That's true, but we did.
Speaker 1: He literally gave you five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we were trying to get selling bit.
Speaker 4: That was like the red light turned green.
Speaker 2: That is a crazy story. But yeah, so what did Cogan pulled off? Follow up?
Speaker 4: What did you buy? We bought two belts to repic belts. One was w w F and then the other one I think was like a SmackDown one.
Speaker 1: Did he sign them? Were they signed? In the story? No?
Speaker 2: Just rep belts? So dude, what was he wearied?
Speaker 1: Like? That's he didn't get out of the truck. Was his bald head? No, he did have a bit, Oh he did. Yeah, so that's cool in this documentary. I've only seen one episode as of now, and this is the last thing he'd do one camera before he died. He can barely walk around. Really yeah, I mean imagine because he's in his seventies. I think when he died, imagine being a wrestler, especially back in the day day. Yeah, when you just slammed h I mean hard, yeah, hard. But I thought the whole Cogain store was wild.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. He died hard heart attack.
Speaker 1: He died, I believe in surgery or like after a surgery, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cardiac arrest.
Speaker 2: He was seventy one.
Speaker 1: During surgery, during or right after.
Speaker 2: Dang, wow, what a crazy story.
Speaker 1: Dylan, the same thing. He told me Thatcuse I'm thinking about all day yesterday. I thought about it so much. I started the documentary. I got on the treadmill, and I was like, I can't live dealing. Got five hundred bucks Moregan, I'm turning the documentary on.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So watch that on if you're love wrestling.
Speaker 2: One. I did miss that, so thank you well you miss in case I missed it.
Speaker 1: Well, you never had a chance. Never knew that, never had a chance. All right, that's in case you missed it for this week. Thank you everybody, uh mister Bobby Bones on Instagram for me. That's at producer Ready and we will see you guys soon. Thanks for listening to a Bobby Cast production