Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. I'm super stoked to have this conversation with you guys, because look, this is an education okay that we're gonna have today based on something that happened when I'm on ex okay formally known as Twitter. I'm promoting mother a Law, I'm promoting my shows and.
Speaker 2: One of my rings. I feel naked without rings. Okay, get my rings.
Speaker 1: Let me give my more without my rings, drop a little naked hold on child one second, because you know when I do things, I do it right. There's one more ring I need.
Speaker 2: To get hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on the go. So I have this ring and this is the gag. It's supposed to go on my ring finger, but for obvious reasons, I'm I.
Speaker 1: Gonna put it there, so instead I wear it on my index finger.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: It looks like another ring that I'm not gonna say, but I want to be appropriate, So okay, I feel better.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta make sure I give you all the things now. Okay, So here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I'm on X promoting Monday Our Live, doing my thing.
Speaker 2: I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I try not to engage so much on Twitter. I'm more of a threads guy. I love threads.
Speaker 2: They're more kind, gentler. I'm not gonna say smarter, but what I will.
Speaker 1: Say is the discussions are a little bit more intellectual. Okay, but this course is just much more digestible.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, I'm on X and shout out too, because I love to cite my sources. I am a journalist, Hey, Portia, So as a journalist, I like to cite my sources.
Speaker 2: So I am on X and shout out to this X account.
Speaker 1: It goes by by wig Hello Drama, and they're at is at Housewives' Hub.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out to you. So they posted.
Speaker 1: A tweet that says, what's your most unpopular housewives opinion? So I'm like, let's ask a good question. And I thought about it for a second and every listen. I like to engage with the rain drops. I like to engage with the fans. So I said, let me just give my fact that y'all call opinions, and let me just state what I think.
Speaker 2: So I can, you know, have fun with the girls. You know what I'm saying, you know.
Speaker 1: So the question was what's your most unpopular Housewives opinion? I said, Giselle is to Potomac what Nimi is to Atlanta. I won't be explaining any further. I posted my promo from Monday Night Live. That's on my YouTube channel. I'm working, I'm doing my thing.
Speaker 2: I have a break. I got my lunch, and I said, oh, let me see what's popping on Twitter. This shit blew up. It's trending. Can y'all see this? All the screen is messed up? I'll post it.
Speaker 1: It says, so it's trending in the entertainment tab on X and it says Carlos King draws backlash comparing Giselle Bryant to Ninny Leaks.
Speaker 2: Can y'all see that? Look at my screen?
Speaker 1: Child?
Speaker 2: Okay? So then.
Speaker 1: I have three hundred and six sixty six comments, four hundred and eighty four retweets, one thousand, two hundred likes, and everybody is saying, no, comeback.
Speaker 2: You actually do need to explain yourself. I'm like, well, first of all, I gotta explain shit because I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: But then, you know, every once in a while, I feel the need to educate the girls.
Speaker 2: So I'm and the guys and the gays in the days. Okay, I'm here to educate you guys.
Speaker 1: Why it is true that Gaselle Kobe Bryant is to Potomac what Nini Leaks is to Atlanta. And this is why I said what I said, and it ain't changing over here. A lot of y'all retweeting and said, name one iconic Giselle line. My comparison has nothing to do with their iconic reads or lack their are It has nothing to do with memes. Because some of y'all said, name one meme that we use of Gazel's name an iconic line. Gazelle said, I wasn't comparing Gazelle and Nini Leaks in terms of iconic status. If you guys have been a day one rain drop. When I launched my podcast in twenty twenty two, Hey Jasmine, my former EP. My first episode was the top Yeah, it was ten, the top ten greatest Housewise of all time. Giselle Briant was number nine. Nimi Leaks was number one, and that four years ago.
Speaker 2: That's not changing.
Speaker 1: Nimi Leaks is the greatest house by of all time, and that's not up for debate. Nimi was number one on my list, Giselle Bryant was number nine. Comparing one to nine makes no sense. I wasn't comparing their iconic status. I wasn't comparing hearing their iconic reads. I wasn't comparing their iconic means. I was simply saying that when you think a potomac and as amazing as Karen Huger is and I love me some Karen, Karen loves me. I love Karen. And when I give my fat it doesn't mean that I'm dissing another girl. That's what y'all do, y'all just one to uplift the other.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Karen Huger is amazing and I have not one bad thing to say about Karen Huger. She's Karen Huger is the icon, so let's let's let's let's stay fat.
Speaker 2: As a fact, Giselle Brian is Potomac.
Speaker 1: And when Karen Huger was on the show last season, a lot of y'all said, this was a great season, and we're gonna be honest, a lot of y'all forgot Karen.
Speaker 2: Was even on the show.
Speaker 1: We had Stacey Rush, Doctor, Wendy Ashley, Giselle, you know what I'm saying, the Ogs and the Vats, and we had Jazzy Kay, Angel, Stacey Rush.
Speaker 2: Honey, Okay, who's who's up?
Speaker 1: Who's in my opinion, Well, let me not say child because y'all love to bring on mea Thorton.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that later in this episode.
Speaker 1: If I remember, okay, we forgot Karen was even on the show last season. The show went on without Karen, not saying, Karen's in our great Karen's fantastic. The fact of the fact Karen not being on the show last season, we all said the show the season was still good. Comparing Giselle saying she is Potomac what Nini is to Atlanta, what I'm simply saying is, when you think about Potomac as a force multiplication as the anchor. You could love caring all these long like I do. There is no Potomac without Jaselle. Giselle is a force multiplier. Gazelle works as somebody who has worked with Lenithia. Monique Johnson leaks, Mimi Leaks energy enters the room. These girls have this unspoken thing where they just relinquished to her.
Speaker 2: Nimi's energy shifts the room.
Speaker 1: When she was on the show, and the girls respected and said, we're gonna follow yo, lead a little bit because you have the leader, and y'all gotta get out of y'all hear. Because someone's a leader doesn't mean they have followers. Lebron James is the leader of his team. It doesn't mean the others starting fiper followers.
Speaker 2: It's a team.
Speaker 1: Ninni Leaks was the captain of the ship. Giselle Briant is the captain of Potomac. Giselle Bryant moves story forward. When you think of Potomac, yes you do think of her and Karen, but let's be real. Karen is don't start now, won't be none. Karen is sitting the scene all day long and smile and give y'all great one liners. But the reason why beloved Karen is because when you activate Karen Karen Bam, she shines, and that's when her greatness shows. If you do not activate Karen, Karen, don't sit there. Giselle Bryant doesn't need to be activated. She's the activator, baby, she is Jerry Cirr activation sprints jam peroxide, alcohol, rubbing alcohol.
Speaker 2: At that Gazelle comes in.
Speaker 1: This is the beauty of Joseell Cabby Bryant. When Jazel Brian enters a scene, she does this. Hmm, how can I make this more interesting? How can I make this more entertaining? Hmm, Well, let me call this person out. Let me ask this question. That's what makes her iconic. It is because she pushes things. She pushes people to talk. She puts you on the spot. Gazelle is loyal to her. Check Okay. She will let you know, like.
Speaker 2: Well, you say that you actually were saying this last week? Oh really? Well, why beep in I walked in today? Y'all weren't saying anything to each other? Why is that?
Speaker 1: The way she got with Angel last season, the way she rallied the girls and said we're not Gazelle said, we're not staying here. We're all going through the fourth seasons. If you want to stay here and stay here and guess what they did have their luggages, Hey, Pharah have their luggage.
Speaker 2: Hopped in Karen's Gazelle's take.
Speaker 1: Karen hopped in Gazelle's big will Bawn and were to the four seasons.
Speaker 2: That's what Gazelle does.
Speaker 1: Every time Gazelle is a part of an all cast sne She's gonna make sure shit happens. That's why she is too Pertoma what Ninni is to at lantn uh Nini to Atlanta where Kenya was on the out of the girls.
Speaker 2: She said, oh, let me bring you back.
Speaker 1: Season six, she brought She brought Kenya back in front of the girls and said, let's give Kenya another chance.
Speaker 2: Okay. Phedra and Faeda said.
Speaker 1: Well, you tried to imply that my husband had aids and Nini said, he eats. That's because she brought back Kenya to smooth things over with the girls. That's the power Nini had. That's the power that Gazelle has. Without Gioselle and Potomac, no one is doing anything. The only one that made it not even make because she will, but they won't listen to her.
Speaker 2: Is Ashley.
Speaker 1: Y'all gotta understand the power of Giselle Kobe Bryant, because Joselle is a part of a sorority. And everybody that I know, one hundred percent of them who went to college with Giselle, they all said, everybody wanted to be friends with Gazelle. Have I seen Jazelle's picture when she was in college.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear.
Speaker 1: You know, back in my day, ever since the seventh grade, I've always hung with the baddest chicks in school.
Speaker 2: Carlos King was known to be around some baddies.
Speaker 1: When I saw Gizelle's picture in college, I said, oh, bitch, we would have been the best of friends.
Speaker 2: Gizelle would have looked at me. I would have looked at Gazelle and said, you're on the right team.
Speaker 1: That's why Gzelle's best friend Kai, who's a Libra, Hi Kai, they've been best friends forever and as a Libra, myself, me and Gazelle to be cool.
Speaker 2: So all the girls said to me, everybody in college wanted to be friends with Gazelle.
Speaker 1: Zel, how was that girl in college Gizelle ran that sorority, allegedly that chapter.
Speaker 2: She ran it, just like she's running the damn show.
Speaker 1: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King.
Speaker 2: Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 1: Gizelle is a secret producer. Gizelle comes up with storylines. Gazelle comes up with scenes. Gizelle comes up with questions to ask. Gizelle refuses for Potomac to be boring. That's what Nini was. Nini operated under the guys.
Speaker 2: I refuse to make this show boring.
Speaker 1: It's the reason why after she and Claudia Geordan had the parter Ritko off, she said, y'all.
Speaker 2: Cast the wrong bitch.
Speaker 1: Y'all should have cast Claudia as a housewife. And because of that one statement, I went back to my bosses and said, Claudia ate fifteen plus. Mimi said X, Y and Z, and they said, well, damn, let's take a look at it. Nessik, I know Claudia had a peach because Mimi Leaks did everything to make the show great.
Speaker 2: That's what Gazelle is doing. You ain't got still like Gazel. I get the gig. I understand it. I can trip it. It's all good.
Speaker 1: But you gotta respect her gangster, I think because y'all like Karen so much and I like Karen too, that y'all, in the words of Mimi Leaks, use your brain. Karen is likable, beautiful, and a great reality star. Karen would even tell you that Giselle has her job and they all rely on Gazelle to get shit started, and that's what she does.
Speaker 2: Well. Some of y'all even said, well, Ninnie Lee's gave us a great personal story.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, once again, I'm not comparing Nannie's Greatest Housewife of All Time title to Jaselle. Yes, Giselle lacks in personal story. I called it out and I've said it, but similar to dtor Hemily on Mariti Medicine, Giselle makes up for it by getting involved in the mess. As some of y'all favorite reality stars refuse to get in a mess because they don't want y'all to read them and drag them. Gizelle is fantastic because she doesn't feel.
Speaker 2: The need to be liked by the audience.
Speaker 1: She feels like as long as the people said to my check likes me, I'm good. That's why Giselle is always up first when it comes to anything Bravo does with marketing Ultimate Girls Trip twentieth anniversary. There's a reason they chose Gazelle. Oh we have a show called Love Hotel. Who can we get Jazelle?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: With the Ultimate Girls Trip in Thailand? Who can we get Jazelle?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We're doing this web series that will be on Bravo during the pandemic. You know this chat show, Bravo Chat Room. Who should we get Gazelle?
Speaker 2: Y'all? I hate the girl so much.
Speaker 1: She gets all the gigs I think five gigs Giselle has outside of Potomac.
Speaker 2: And y'all gonna argue.
Speaker 1: With me about what I'm saying. She's the literal faith of Potomac. Her own employer thinks that where's the argument.
Speaker 2: Use your brain, not your bias. It's okay to love Karen. I love Karen. I'm also real. And what I can say to y'all really.
Speaker 1: Is that Giselle is the force multiplier, the faith, the anchor.
Speaker 2: Of Potomac. It is what it is. And not to think facts.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about the amount of means the iconic reads in life. No, I'm talking about facts. Every moment that was iconic and Potomac. Giselle was a part of it, whether she was getting read like the buying guard.
Speaker 2: Over the Kansas was cussing her out, She's a part of it.
Speaker 1: When Candace and Ashley got to that argument at Kandas townhouse and Candace kicked out Ashley, Gizelle was the one that brought.
Speaker 2: Gazelle is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Gizelle was the one that brought Ashley back in the house because she said, look, bitch, you still got more work to do.
Speaker 2: You still got more work to do.
Speaker 1: Child. This was good, but I feel like it can be greater. Come back in the house. Her and Karen one offs are arconic because Giselle doesn't give up. Is she the best reader? No, but she has the best resilience and the best tenacity.
Speaker 2: Even if she loses the verbal fighting.
Speaker 1: She don't mind being a part of it. She don't mind being disliked. Gizelle has not changed her ways.
Speaker 2: In over ten seasons.
Speaker 1: While some of y'all face change their waves, their faces, everything in between to please y'all, Gizelle don't give two shits about y'all.
Speaker 2: She done that Nity, don't care about what y'all think either.
Speaker 1: Now for y'all trying to say what Kylos, you said the same thing about Mia. I'm gonna say this once and I'm never gonna bring this up again. I was not wrong about Mia when I said Mia was the future of Potomac.
Speaker 2: What I meant by that, so that we're clear, was Mia has all of the.
Speaker 1: Mia has the ability to go far on this show if she sticks to what she's doing. Okay, after I made that declaration, again, these are facts.
Speaker 2: After I Carlos king me. Carlos made that comment.
Speaker 1: Mia had first chair for two consecutive reunions. Unlike most of your fads, two consecutive reunions have for share. MIA's storyline with Gordon and inc was the main storyline for two consecutive seasons.
Speaker 2: Mia had the cash trip going back to her hometown. Mia was that girl.
Speaker 1: I was not wrong about Miya. Now, yes, the fact is Mia is a long on the show. I can't dictate what a person does when.
Speaker 2: They can't handle the heat.
Speaker 1: With Mia left the stage after being in the hot seat. I said a baby one thing about being the star. You gotta wear that crown because it's heavy. What I find so funny is y'all favorite. Least a Vanda Pump did not even show up at the reunion, but y'all still say she's the Queen of Beverly Hills, but me as the flop.
Speaker 2: After being at the reunion. At least she showed up and left in the end. At least she showed up. Y'all love Vanda Pump down boot to the Brown. She did not show up, but y'all live for Vanda. Yeah, we live a Vanda bub Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's everything, Yes, queen. No, Kyle Richards is the face of Beverly Hills and that ain't changing. But y'all don't give Kyle her things, and we'll get to that later in another episode. I can't do it in this one.
Speaker 2: Child, So MEA was that girl.
Speaker 1: The unfortunate thing with Mia that happens to a lot of reality stars is they can't handle the pressure of being in the first chair, hot seat. They can't handle it and they leave the show or they get removed from the show.
Speaker 2: So once again, I was not wrong.
Speaker 1: There's women who y'all still stand that aren't on the shows anymore, and y'all aren't wrong about calling them iconic. But if y'all could do that then I could do the same about Mia.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. So I still what I said.
Speaker 1: Now back to Gazelle, y'all going to have to start putting some respect from Jazille's name.
Speaker 2: Is she the best reader? No? Is she the most memorable? No?
Speaker 1: But when Giselle Brian clops in at work, there's now one person better on Potonmac who's going to do it because she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Care what y'all think.
Speaker 1: And I will go to town any day of the week for a reality star who cares more about the job that she's getting paid to do than the opinions of strangers who are there to beat her. Now, she doesn't engage on Twitter, she doesn't blame production and for editing, she doesn't blame the network. Even when she didn't.
Speaker 2: Have a package, she ate it.
Speaker 1: She didn't go on Twitter explaining herself. She didn't go on YouTube to do a video sing let me tell you out the real trae. No, she took the l and said, all right, I didn't get a package.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 1: All that means is I gotta work harder. Let me meet with production, let me let me figure out some things. But what I'm not gonna do is blast my employer. What I'm not gonna do is blame anyone else.
Speaker 2: Let me figure out what I need to do.
Speaker 1: Let me look with him self to see, like, Okay, I know I'm messy. I move story forward. I am the force multiplier. When I'm in scene, I make sure shit happens. I call people out, I get read, I get dragged. They don't like my fashions, but I don't care. I'm not gonna go broke trying to look good for people. They talk about my house, all good, It's paid for my house, not in foreclosure. I'm not living above my means. They can talk about it. I like it ain't that would matters anyway. Okay, I got three beautiful daughters, ones in college, two's going to college.
Speaker 2: I think I'm okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna change who I am and go broke because people have an opinion. It's okay. Of all the girls, gonna show them with hires me to do everything, and that's how you clear U. She's like, so I must be doing something right. The fans don't line drag me, but my phone rings. I'm like, Hi, this is just l How much is the rate, what are the dates?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? Is there anyone else a Potomac that's gonna do it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Just me?
Speaker 2: You're sure you don't? You're sure you don't?
Speaker 1: Me what I mean?
Speaker 2: I can w just me, okay, send me to offer the email and if for this on my team, thank you? These are facts. Okay, it was King? Why anyway? So look, look Rayon drop. I hope that explained everything. Let me know the comments.
Speaker 1: What you think Giselle is to Potomac what Niemi is to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I explained it. I hope you got it and I will see you guys on the next one. Okay, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Jamie Schaeffer in partnership with the Black to Effect podcast Network. You can also find us at our YouTube channel at be Carlos King Underscore.
Speaker 2: I'm also dropping tons of exclusive episodes on Patreon which you don't want to miss. Make sure to subscribe to that too,