Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahller starts right now.
Speaker 4: In the air Everyway back at it again, another edition of The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g As.
Speaker 1: We are providing you with a marginal podcast. Well hopefully it's better than marginal, and you can binge on the podcast. You can listen to all the podcasts. If you wait till the end of the weekend you can overindulge, or you can listen podcast by podcast and wait for it to download. I do love the fact. I love and hate the fact, and Danny g is with me of course on the bikes. I love that that people plan their schedule around the podcast to the point where if it's not up at exactly the right time, I get angry messages and people saying what's going on. I don't understand why is the podcast that not off like they think that there is some kind of war crime Danny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, tough cookies or how do you say it is? Tough turtles, tough what toenails?
Speaker 1: Tough toenails, or tough toenails.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: But listen, we're glad that you love the podcast. We try to get it up as early as possible, but sometimes there's acts of God. Isn't that the get out of jail? If you're an insurance company, well, we don't have to pay the claim. It's an act of God. So if the podcast doesn't get up at exactly the right time, it's an act of God. Right, And you can't unpeel an orange. You can try, but you can't unpeel an orange. So sometimes things happen, and you.
Speaker 5: Know, well, you know, I just saw one comment on Facebook last weekend. But the thing is is, remember I'm also working and doing other jobs on the weekend, like I did last weekend, so I was doing double duty. I was carrying my laptop around with me. While we were in a studio with Mike Tyson. You could hear Ben Mallers tones coming out of the computer speaker. This travels with me. Ben, This is like my baby. I have a son, Daddy. This is like my first kid though, because this travels with me no matter where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be naming your son radio or pod Pod for podcast?
Speaker 5: It would be a good middle name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, radio pod there you go. Well, well, radio would be a tough first name because your last name is radio, so it it'd be radio ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 1: That would be an awkward name. The kid would be picked on at school. Radio Radio'd a bit of a problem. Anyway, big event at the Malor Mansion. Now, if you follow this podcast, you know and this is just the life of me Ben, in the life of Danny g As. We kind of let you behind the microphone as we have big, exciting lives star radio people. I mean, we're living the dream here, Danny. We're big time radio people. An amazing thing. It is not at all like the Twilight Zone. It's not like you're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mine. No, no, no, it is a wondrous land. So a couple of years ago when the COVID hit, I guess we're going back three years now, a few months before COVID happened, I had made a very big and very big purchase that was a life changing proom. This is what a loser I am that I was so excited about getting this. I got a gymnasium grade treadmill. They were on sale and there was a gym that had closed. It's the same treadmill that I use when I go to the actual gym. I love this thing, right, I'm on there all the time. You know, It's my standard default workout. That's my deal. So I bought this treadmill and I got the whole thing. We had to call an electrician to get the things set up because it takes special kind of plug. And anyway, when COVID happened, to make a long story a little bit longer, things did not go well. And at the end of twenty twenty into twenty twenty one, my father had become sick and really suddenly passed away. And in the process we ended up moving while the pandemic was still going on. And the people that moved the treadmill, let's just say they didn't use kid gloves when they were taking the treadmill apart. It was not a Noble Art the art of moving there. It was a bit of a frightening experience. It was really terrifying watching this thing being taken apart. So it stayed in storage for about a year. It came out as storage and it didn't work. So that was a problem. Shocker, yeah, and covered in dust and all that. And so finally within the last week here my lovely wife has has gifted this is this my birthday weekend here Danny and so I said, she asked me what I wanted for my birthday? What a loser? I said, this is what I want. I want my I want to I want a treadmill to be fixed. So we knew a guy that kind of Now it's halfway fixed. It's not all the way fixed. You know how treadmills have elevation. That's not working. But the rest of it works, and I'm fine with that for now. I'm fine with that for now. So I can studio exactly exactly. You know, it's not perfect. Looks good, it definitely looks good. It looks like everything should be working. It doesn't all work. It looks great. It's aesthetically pleasing and all that. So still needs a little bit work, But it's been nice to have it back. And I don't even use it every but I still go to the gym because I have a gym membership that I'm still paying for. But it's nice to have. And sometimes on the weekends or if I have an extra fifteen minutes, I want to just jump on here and there sporadically. So it's kind a cool thing to have. And it's a one of those perks in life that are neat to have, and so it's it's nice. You know. It's also nice dad shoes. Hell right, not those?
Speaker 5: No, they're not nice.
Speaker 1: Oh they're not nice.
Speaker 5: No, Well you buy? Do you buy yours? At Costco?
Speaker 1: I don't. My feet are two wide. I can't buy.
Speaker 5: Otherwise you would, though, right of course I would.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 5: There's somebody else And I mentioned his name a few minutes ago. Might surprise you that he rocks dad shoes in Vegas broadcasting live last weekend for that big fight, which, by the way, did the Russian bot help you watch it?
Speaker 1: I was able to see it. Did you go to the fire? Were you able to get in?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: You No? You did not? Ah?
Speaker 5: No, I know. It's like when we covered the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know. It's like everyone goes to the super Bowl and hardly anyone ever actually goes to the game.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, but it was still a great weekend, good food. It was fun hanging out with Covino and Rich and spot.
Speaker 1: Now did you make before you tell the story you take it to I did recommend a burger place? Were able to make it?
Speaker 5: Or no? No? Because we had food credits but only inside Win and Encore.
Speaker 1: Oh so you had free food? Huh.
Speaker 5: We we did have some free food, but we had to stay but where we were at although funny story about that. We go into one of the restaurants in the wind and Rich says, all right, I'm gonna put this meal on my room for the credit that I have for a meal. So you know, we're eating, We're ordering what we want off the menu. He even ordered two desserts ben not one, but two for the table. And then when he told the waitress at the very end, yeah, my room number is this, she said, we're privately owned. No, yeah, poor Rich. So he had to just put it on his own credit card.
Speaker 1: And that's a body blow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to be a dick, I said, so, do you think you would have got a second dessert?
Speaker 1: No, what you should have done is that he said, can I get a doggy bag? I'd like some of that orange chicken to go? Can I get some?
Speaker 5: It was a good time. It was a lot of fun, but it was hard work too, because we're lugging around all this broadcasting gear. What three four hours of broadcasting, But there was a law of prep before. There was a lot of post production after. Of course, not for rich He got to run and he plays digital Roulette really yeah, a video game. It's like Roulette, but a video game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with real money. I've done that. I love Roulette really, that's my favorite game to play in Vegas. The problem I got burned on one of those Roulette things because I have a certain system with Roulette, like it's it's you play the odds, right, it's either black, red or green, and you need to pick red or black fifty to fifty chance or even fifty. Well it's not quite fifty to fifty. But I was playing one of those Roulette machines and I was betting red. And the way it works is you when you know, I'll give the system out right. I don't do it really much anymore. But you bet red, you lose, you double your bet, you lose again, you double your bet. Now you got to have a big enough payroll, big enough bank roll. But eventually it's going to come back to red in less. Yes, it's a rig game, and you're playing a roulette game, a video game version, and it hits green or black. I think it was nine or ten times in a row, and I went, I lost everything.
Speaker 5: Oh brutal. There. At one point he was up seven hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh see, what you got to do is when you got to go back to your original amount and save the rest is as profits is which you got.
Speaker 5: So I told him the same thing and he was like, I know, I know, but he kept he's a Niners fan. He kept doing Red sixteen, Red sixteen for Joe Montana, Red sixteen, so he's he's you know, he at least got to go have a little bit of fun doing that. While I was doing post production in the Blue Wires studios there at the wind so beautiful setup looked spectacular on the cameras but also functioned at one hundred percent nice studios there is you're walking away from the pool in the Spa to some of the fancy restaurants, you walk past this studio, so it's like being in a fish bowl. All the wind clientele and visitors are looking into the studio and they can hear the broadcast. So it's a pretty cool setup. So we do Friday show live. Saturday, we come back to do a special podcast version of the show as a fight preview. But we get a call saying, hey, we know you guys are all set to go at two pm. We're gonna have to push you back a little bit because Mike Tyson is in there right now doing his podcast. He and his crew mentioned that he's been on your show quite a few times, and they apologize for pushing you guys back, but he said he'll do a few minutes with you and take some video promo stuff with you before you jump on the air. So we're like, okay, that's cool. So we hang around. We're waiting, We're waiting. We get in there. There's obviously a shit ton of people outside the window watching and listening, trying to get a picture of Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: I feel this is a little self and grand diving.
Speaker 5: Inside the Green room. Is this guy who's kind of cheering on the interview uh, And a couple of times he kept saying, my dad this, and yeah, my dad, Well, when's my dad gonna be done? And I didn't know if he was talking about the guy who was interviewing Mike Tyson. The R and B singer Neo was also in there, and I'm like, well, this kid's a little too old to be Neo's son, but I wasn't sure. So finally I asked him. I said, who's your dad, Mike. Mike's my dad, so's Tyson's son, which was cool, So we started chatting with him, and then Tyson comes out and he's got this look on his face. Ben it looked like he was about to go ten. He wanted to punch somebody in the grill.
Speaker 1: I love me.
Speaker 5: It turns out he wanted to get the f out of there because they wouldn't let him smoke inside the studio.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was gonna ask you, because he's a big weed guy. Did he smell like weed? Was he smelling like the weed there?
Speaker 5: His weed company manager was there in the building. They were pushing that brand, and they were also pushing Mike's Pro brand, which is his boxing gloves and boxing gear. Well, he had some of those edible ears that he sells in honor of Evander Holyfield, so he had the gummies they were handing out. They gave us a cool bag of some Tyson boxing gloves. And even though Tyson was super I don't want to say grouchy, but he had been in there broadcasting for four hours, which you know what that's like, But for him, four hours without a weed break might as well have been a year because he wanted to get the f out of there and smoke smoke.
Speaker 1: No, I'm surprised in being in Vegas where it is nothing but cigarette and weed smoke. Like they won't they won't allow Mike Tyson to smoke in the studio, like I don't. I don't get it. Did they anyone explain why? That is?
Speaker 5: The guy that runs the place told us that the Win went all out with these facilities. They spent over a million dollars on this TV slash radio setup. It's brand shiny, spanking new, kind of like our new setup in Sherman Oaks, California. And so it would be like coop lighting up inside the new digs. We have just not gonna see that. So even though he was Mike, they told him, all right, we're gonna wrap it up. You did your four hours. I guess they filmed two of their two hour podcasts back to back. But for Mike, he already had a long day because it's a fight weekend. Everybody's trying to get a piece of him. Everybody was trying to interview him to get his prediction on the big Garcia fight and Tank Davis. Mike was a already tired, you know, from being picked at, but then he had to do his own show, his own hot boxing podcast. But it was funny to watch him walk out of the main studio. I wasn't the only one. Cavino looked down too. Mike has this blinged out shirt on. It's like some shiny thread. It looked like he must have dropped one thousand dollars on his shirt, but then on his feet some new balanced dad shoes. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look the baddest man on the planet, iron like ty. That's kid dynamite.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, the one thousand dollars shirt, but the dad shoes. He came out and he gave both Covino and Rich a hug. Obviously, he's a big part of our Tuesdays at the Network with Tyson Tuesdays and Iron Mike Trivia. So him and his camp gave us giveaways to give out his prizes on Tuesday, and he only posed for one picture before he got out of there to smoke, and that was with you know and Rich, which was really nice. But as he walked away, Cavina looked at me and he was like, did you see his dad shoes?
Speaker 1: That's your that's your future, Danny g your future. He's only he's not actually that much older than us. I think. I don't know how old is Tyson. I don't even know. He's got to be got to me in his fifties.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he's not bigger than us. I could take him.
Speaker 1: You think I'd like to see that. He's not very tall. Does his kid look like him? Does his son?
Speaker 5: Yeah? His son did look like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got a bunch of kids, U he does, Mike.
Speaker 5: So really nice kid, very well spoken, and yeah he helps his dad at the ranch.
Speaker 1: The weed ranch, Tyson must have. I bet you he's made more money from weed than he had boxing.
Speaker 5: They're not wrong. His manager told us that Tyson's weed company right now sells the most weed in America?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: How about that? Think about that heavyweight champion of the world, all those big fights with Lennox Lewis and all the different fights over the years. But he was part of one of the great one of the great failed radio promotions. We were in the late nineties, I think it was nineteen ninety seven, and we'd rent out the radio station, would rent out venues in Hollywood and they'd have listener parties for the big pay per view fights, and it was the Whiskey of Go Go, I think it was the It was either the Whiskey of Go Go or the Viper Room, which I don't think is around anymore. But they rented out one of these places in Hollywood for the Tyson fight with the Vander Holyfield, which ended with Tyson getting the munchies fighting off the ear of holy Field. And the people that were there at the party were so upset they wanted like refunds and stuff because the way the fight is. I'm like, no, I don't think we're gonna get a no refunds, No, no, I don't think you know. The program director was freaking out. It was like a big, a big shit show, is what it was. I'm a man, I'm forty and I know we played this not that long ago. But today is the day. Today is a big day. It's April twenty ninth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your birthday, your birthday.
Speaker 1: It's a big day for me. But it's also a big day because this is the fortieth anniversary. I believe it's the fortieth anniversary of the greatest rant of all time, the Lee Ilia rant, which is my favorite. I'm so happy that I was born on this day. So this happened in nineteen eighty three, April twenty ninth, nineteen eighty three, so I believe I'm right. You go eighty three to ninety three to two thousand and three, twan thirteen, twenty twenty three. So this fortieth anniversary of Lee Ilia, the Cub manager. After a Cub Dodger game early in the season, Cubs got off to a bad start. It was not a good situation and normally I would not play this again, Danny, but we're gonna play it right here, and this is the day to do it. It is the single greatest rant in the history of coaches rants, the gold standard the great lee Ilia. Let's go to the audio tape.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one fucking thing. I hope we get fucking hotter and shit, just to stuff it up them three thousand fucking people that show up every fucking day, because if they're the real Chicago fucking fans, they can kiss my fucking hands right downtown and print it. They're really really behind you around here, my fucking hands.
Speaker 5: The fuck am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Go out there and let my fucking players get destroy every day and be quiet about it for the fucking nickel Dine people to show up. The motherfuckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the fucking game. They only go out and get a fucking job and find out what it's like to go out there in a fucking living. Eighty five percent of the fucking world work it. The other fifteen come out here the fucking playground for the cocksuckers. Rip them, motherfuckers, rip them tuck the cocksuckers. What the fucking players, god guys fusing their fucking ass and them fucking people do. And that's the cut, my fucking ant. They talk about the great fucking support that the players get around here. I haven't seen it this fucking there. The name of the game is hit the ball, catch the ball, and get the fucking job done. Right now, we have more losses than we have wins. The fucking changes that have happened in the Cup organization are multifolds. They don't show because we're five and fourteen, and unfortunately that's the criteria of them. Some fifteen motherfucking percent that come out to day baseball. The other eighty five percent are earning a living. It'll take more than a five and thirteen or five and fourteen to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that there's some fucking pros out there that want to fucking.
Speaker 1: Play this game.
Speaker 3: But you're sucking a fucking sigma, the fucking Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that sheep shit. All these mother fucking editorials about say and fucking the philliitis and all that shit that's they're sickening. It's unbelievable, it really is. It's a disheartening fucking situation we're in right now, five and fourteen. Doesn't the gate all that work one hundred and forty three fucking games left. What I'm trying to say is, don't rip them fucking guys out there.
Speaker 5: Rip me.
Speaker 3: Do you want to rip somebody? Rip my fucking hand, But don't rip them fucking guys because they're given everything they can give. But once we hit that fucking groove, it'll flow, and it will flow. The talent's there. I don't know how to make it any Clearancey, I'm frustrated. I'll guarantee I'm frustrated. It'd be different if I walked in this room every day at eight thirty, I saw a bunch of guys. They didn't give a shit. They give a shit, and it's a tough National League.
Speaker 1: Eese, oh man, of all the days. Day on my birthday, that's what a great gift. I was a little kid.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm saying you can, uh, you can ask for whatever audio you would like today, but that one was so nice we had to do it twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And some have said, why why would you do the podcast? It's your birthday, you should take the podcast up, And I say, no, dandy, no, this is this is not the work. You know, It's pales in comparison to what other people do, have real jobs and where they have to pave roads and do construction and things like that and physical I mean, we're mentally drained at the end of the week. But you know, at the same time, it's fun. We like doing it. And plus you got to keep doing it until they pull the microphone away from you. Isn't that the way that works, right? I think that's the way that works.
Speaker 5: Oh outswinging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to keep doing it because eventually they won't give you the opportunity. Got to keep going. Malar Merch. Malard Merch a tremendous success. It's nobody can buy the shirts anymore. But we had the Minnesota Malard meat and green shirt which was available limited time. We talked about it last week on the podcast. We had overwhelming support from the Mallard Militia, which is great. It's a limited edition shirt, it's purple, it's got the the Ben Mahler Show name on it, the silhouette of the state of Minnesota and all of that. And so those will be sent out. You should be getting them before the meet and greet, and I'm happy to report a lot of people that appeers order those who are not going to actually attend the event and one woman in particular I would like to thank, and I don't think she wants me to say her name, at least not her real name. But she's a super fan of the show in Minnesota, Danny, and she decided to help support the Malard Merch movement. I guess she wants more malor merch. She bought I think one fan bought twenty five shirts, right, yeah, twenty five or twenty six shirts. She said she's going to give them out to her friends. She said she wishes they all listen, but she said some of them do and all whatnot. I guess maybe they'll start listening and all that. But it was really great.
Speaker 5: Here's an idea for her, ben she can do a hit at the meet and greet. She could do Mallard or Militia trivia and she's like her own street team. She has prizes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, that's a great idea because people have been emailing me, Danny, and they're saying, well, what kind of events are we have? What are we having at the meet and greet? And my response is always, well, it's just kind of me hanging out, you know, me talking to saying hello, and you can meet other listeners but a Mather Show theme trivia, which would either be one of the greatest things of all time or a disaster where no one gets it right. And I'm sitting there like, oh my god, what Jimminy cricket? What happened? So it could go one of two ways. But it's already gonna be a circus under the big Top, like I'm gonna be the ringleader. We've got Spence, Cycer, Regina who's helping put this together, Doc Mike. There's a couple of listeners in Florida that are considering flying in. We have one from northern California, one of our buddies, a big forty nine er fans gonna be flying in. I've had people email me from Canada, obviously a lot of people Wisconsin who are going to drive over, which is not that far. And so I'm excited. I'm really excited. It's gonna be a lot of fun, and it sounds like we're gonna get a pretty good turnout. But I have no idea who's gonna show up. But as far as the Mallard merch, I did want to thank the people that purchased the shirts, and I did see some familiar names. I don't know if they want me to say their names or not, but thank you. I know there was one of our big fans and okay see for example. And so this was a test run. And if you guys want you know those of you that bought the shirt and those of you that didn't buy the shirt but thought maybe you should have bought the shirt and you missed out on it. My idea is later on, maybe in the summer or the end of summer, we'll try to do something again, maybe a more generic shirt that like a Mallard militia theme thing. So we'll see what happens with that. But I'm happy to report that one very well. We have the backscratcher segment, Danny, the backscratcher segment. As you scratch our back, we will scratch your back. And how many reviews did we get this week to chase the four hundred? Did we get zero, one or three reviews this week?
Speaker 5: Danny G. I think the listeners were just as busy as we were with the brand new studios.
Speaker 1: Zero surprise, surprise, surprise, Danny. We got one fun review. One review and here it is. It says five stars, five stars. This is the Apple podcast page, which for some reason the management look at and they like, I don't understand why. It makes no sense to me, but they do. These are people that live different lives than us. So this one says, if you enjoy fun facts, this is the podcast for you. Out the Alien O piner Oh, this is a rare and appropriate update to My Golden Ticket, awarded previous review of the Fifth Hour podcast with Ben Mallor and Daddy Radio who.
Speaker 5: Gave him a golden ticket, Well, he.
Speaker 1: Deserved a golden ticket. The man got a golden ticket, he says. If you never listen to this podcast, it's a spin off of the Ben Maler show, The Overnight Juggernaut on Fox Sports Radio weeknights two am to six am. This sounds like something I wrote. The podcast is constantly evolving and only getting better. Tune in eight days a week to catch up on old episodes and listen to new content every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 5: He said, sounds like commercial copy I write.
Speaker 1: This is a professional copy. I did not write this. You can someday tell your friends that you were a listener to Ben Maller before he was awarded the Marconi for excellence and radio broadcasting. That is, if he is nominated for the aforementioned award by the people that care about this review.
Speaker 5: Ben's beIN Big. Ben Maller is an American sports radio host weekday radio show up Fox Sports Radio three Pacific Time.
Speaker 1: Well, al thank you very much. Alf. Actually this is funny. So Alv tried to nominate me for a Marconi Award, but then realize the only way you can be nominated is if your employer nominates you. And I hate to inform Alf that there are about seven thousand people that this company will promote for a Marconi Award before me, and probably as it should be. So my advice to Alvin if you want to help, There's all kinds of awards, right, There's all kinds of awards out there, so just find someone. There's like pot, there's podcasting awards. There's all kinds of other awards, so you know, hey, why not if you're into that kind of thing. I don't even know some of these awards.
Speaker 5: Hey, I have a fun fact for you.
Speaker 1: Fun fact. We have a fun fact.
Speaker 5: Oh hi, o, wow, please make a little production piece for this, like something about fun facts are so fun. Fun fact and then we'll come on with a fun fact. Alf will love this. The day that we opened the brand new Fox Sports Radio studios, whose birthday was it?
Speaker 1: Whose birthday was it?
Speaker 5: Birthday was a long time ago, but it was his birthday. I do not know Marconi?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Was Marconi's birthday the day we opened up the brand new studios.
Speaker 1: Is that why they chose that day?
Speaker 5: Is that the no I talked to Scott Shapiro. He had no idea, but he said, now that you told me that, I'm gonna lie and tell people that.
Speaker 1: Of course it's the way. Yeah, who knew? Amazing?
Speaker 5: So the Marconi Studios, sorry, that's what we should call them. They are the Marconi studios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Marconi uh Premiere or whatever you know. Put some spots or tire round.
Speaker 5: Oh and we got to put Uncle Frank in there too.
Speaker 1: That's right, the great And then that was the talk and the Great Frank Pollock, the big cod p May he rest in peace. The Great Frank Pollack are old engineering. They're supposed to do something for him and all that. Uh so we have, but we can either do a little get scientifical or pop culture. Pop goes the culture which one you want to a couple of stories? Just a couple of stories.
Speaker 5: What do you think that you Let's steal a couple of scientificals.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get scientifical. A tribute to the old pen and Teller show Bullshit, where we give you science stories and then we try to figure out whether we believe it or not, or whether or not it is bullshit. So here's a a fun story from the science community. A new study has linked French fries to depression. Yeah, are you a French fry guy? Dan?
Speaker 5: I like French?
Speaker 1: Who doesn't like French fries? I don't know anybody that doesn't like friends.
Speaker 5: I like them, but I skipped them all the time. If there's a combo where fries arecluded, I get something else. Why Because I feel like a fat whale if I eat a whole bunch of fries.
Speaker 1: Well, I like to feel like a whale because I only eat once a day. So I'm like, what ever, might as well enjoy yourself. But according to a study from the Environmental Sciences that was published in the journal PNAS, I don't know what that is. It's all word slid to me. They found that frequent fried food consumption, especially fried potatoes aka French front is strongly associated with twelve percent to seven percent higher risk of anxiety and depression. So the new research suggesting that French fries are linked to depression, I'm going bullshit on this. I'm going I'm going bullshit on this. So that that's my hot take on that. I don't buy it because.
Speaker 5: People are scientists on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's people that are health health nuts that don't eat French fies, that are depressed and all that. Well, here's another fun study from the scientifical world. Men like meat because it makes them feel manly. Ah, the men enjoy me? How about that? For a study study, participants were surveyed on their perceived masculinity or femininity. They were also asked about their views on meat consumption and veganism. And those who can form most the gender roles see eating meat as natural. There you go, and so they put that together and they we're all Neanderthals if you go far enough back. That's the research from a university in Australia. They surveyed five and forty four men and women. Nah, I don't I don't know if I believe that one eat zero for two on that. Oh, here's a one from the space world. Are aliens trying to contact the mother Earth? Astronomers have detected twenty five new fast radio bursts from outer space.
Speaker 5: Do do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do do doo. Yeah, they're coming. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also another story in one of the science journals that says the scientists say alien contact with Earth could come as soon as the year twenty twenty nine. How the what do they picked us out of? It took us twenty twenty nine? Here's a hot take, Danny, We've already had contact with the aliens.
Speaker 2: You know how I know that.
Speaker 1: I have an iPhone. That's how I know that that's alien technology. Put that in your pipe and smoky. What else do we have here? Let's see me money, mo I think that's that's about That's about an I don't have too much time here, and so, out of an abundance of caution.
Speaker 5: This portion of coast to coast was brought to you by hem Relief.
Speaker 1: All Right, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, before we say later, alligator, what do we have coming up here?
Speaker 5: Danny?
Speaker 1: G anything going? That's my birthday today.
Speaker 5: So I heard, man, it's your birthday. Hopefully that means some good luck on the lake today is the Derby. This is once a year where my dad rents that boat and we go out there and we try to catch the ten thousand dollars fish.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, I remember this story. Yeah, all right, well, good luck man. I hope my birthday is memorable and you get the ten grand. Now, after taxes, that's about one thousand dollars and you can divvy that up with.
Speaker 5: Everybody, right, so yeah in California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. In fact, they might actually charge you if you win, they might actually charge you an extra five thousand in taxes. But as far as what I'm doing, it's just a regular birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you doing for your b day?
Speaker 1: Milestone birthday? But there's a probably a little road trip action going on, a little roadie that will take place, and I can't get that far from from the mothership because I gotta work tomorrow night. I gotta do the podcast tomorrow. So we got that going on. But thanks to everyone for the birthday messages. I appreciate that. And some people say, what should we get you for your birthdays? I don't need it. But if you want to send something, I wouldn't I wouldn't reject it, right, Danny.
Speaker 5: And if you're going to be at the mallor meet and greet, find Benny a hat.
Speaker 1: Yes, size eight. I love hats. I got good Minnesota with an M on it for Minnesota. Now, I do have a Golden Golpher set, so I do have that. Maybe I'll bring that with me. I have a Minnesota Golden Gopher set that I got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, you got to pack that.
Speaker 1: That's got to be with me on that. All right, have a great rest of your Saturday, and we will chat with you tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day.
Speaker 5: Have a great birthday, Austin, Austa my relation