Speaker 1: Just a little hit of that Second Date today. Oh yeah, it's brigand Jeffrey and you've found the podcast. Thanks so much for being here. And big news. Okay, big news, very important. Listen up. Yes, the Second Date merch with our Merch for a Cause is ending June first. Yeah, so that means you have a very limited time to get your orders in. I did call the amazing shop Forward who we work with, and they opened up all sizes right now, so I know they were sold out for a little while. Get in there while you can. The link is in the show notes. Thank you so much too for everyone that supports. It's going to truly an amazing cause. You really appreciate it. And let's get you that second.
Speaker 2: Date, Second Date up date. We got an email from a listener and I'll just read the subject line. Okay, it says there's a scamming coward on the dating apps and you need to help me expose him Jesse and his name is Scotty. Don't but it is not. I'm just kidding. It's an inside joke on the show right now. So we're gonna put that aside with the bottle of peach snaps and everything else. That's waiting up in his hotel room. Let's focus on our caller here, because she did seem pretty heated in her email. Just on the subject line alone, you could tell. Let's talk to Lindsay. Lindsey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi already coming in hot, just with that high. I love it, Lindsay, what's going on?
Speaker 3: I did, and I want to call him. I want to call him.
Speaker 1: Let's take a deep breath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get into him. Can we know what's this guy's name?
Speaker 3: His name is Alex and honestly, don't even call him a guy. He's a boy. Wowward, what happens?
Speaker 1: Okay, Lindsay, we're on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to watch the language just a little bit. But I appreciate the passion that you have.
Speaker 3: What happened, Well, we got dinner and it was going great. I felt like we were really connecting, having a good time. He seems more into me than I was into him. And towards the end of the meal, he gets up to go to the bathroom and never comes back.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: No, we have talked to people that have done this or had it done to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really extreme.
Speaker 3: I've heard of this happening online. I never thought this would happen to me, and it was humiliating. I felt like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh God, how long did you sit there? Did you get the waiter to like go check on him or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, So after like fifteen twenty minutes, I was like, maybe we can check the bathroom. Is he okay? I actually got worried about him and he wasn't even there.
Speaker 2: He was gone, oh well, oh yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I hate to ask, but usually the people that do this aren't enjoying the date. Do you think maybe you've done this before?
Speaker 2: Strong he did something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he usually did it have a really good reason.
Speaker 2: I come, he doesn't like you so much? Left right?
Speaker 3: As I said, he seemed more into me than I was into him.
Speaker 1: He was so.
Speaker 3: Slurty and funny and like, who does this? What kind of garbage piece of craft hymn? And leave their dates at the end, the dates all by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's going don't.
Speaker 4: Call her back.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of reason to be upset. But I don't know that he is going to hear you if we're coming in at that level, you know what I mean? Like, what do you want out of this. You want to call him out and then what I.
Speaker 3: Want to know what made him do that?
Speaker 5: So you want to know what's good that we're going to talk and not you because it sounds like you're just gonna yell.
Speaker 2: This is definitely different because most of the people that reach out to us want another date with the person that we're about to call. Lindsey, you have no interest whatsoever.
Speaker 3: No, I want you to call him and then I'm going to come on the phone and leave him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm here for that. I don't know, like what if he has a good reason, but.
Speaker 2: There isn't there. There is no good reason a man should ever do that to a woman.
Speaker 1: We have heard where people have had like bathroom emergedencies where they can't go back to the table.
Speaker 2: He could have texted her and said something to her like exactly have you reached out to him since that? Since that happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've texted him a lot. He had plenty of opportunities to write me back and let me know if something went wrong in the bathroom, which he didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming you called him a bunch of like mean names in the text message I.
Speaker 3: Mean I started off nice and then he didn't answer, so he didn't deserve me being nice. He didn't get that. He does not get that.
Speaker 1: What's interesting. I mean, as soon as we tell this guy who we're calling for, he's going to hang up on us. Why because he knows he knows how mad she is. She's already been texting us.
Speaker 2: Well, he won't know that she's on the line until we surprise her with that.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe he wants to out her. Maybe this is his chance, right if it's something he thinks she did, not that I support.
Speaker 2: That women don't do things wrong in the dating world. So the only.
Speaker 3: May's done this, I bet he's done this to like a hundred women, so he can't get away with it, and he has to defend himself or say something.
Speaker 2: Oh you think he does this like all the time he gets out is nothing to do he does?
Speaker 3: Okay, because he was acting so smooth and funny, flurry, I can read these guys like a book.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the only reason that you reached out to us here is just because the idea of not knowing why he left that night is probably just killing you right now.
Speaker 3: And if he's gonna humiliate me. I'm gonna humiliate him on the radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're not just doing this for Lindsay today, We're doing this for women everywhere who have gotten stood up and walked out of in the middle of dinner.
Speaker 1: Let's get him, ladies, come on, I don't even know if he's a scammer.
Speaker 2: We are gonna merciless when we come back and do the most brutal second Date Part two we've ever done.
Speaker 1: If you're a guy, I would.
Speaker 2: Not answer your phone in the next five minutes, Well please answer so that we can have something to air. But we're gonna do it right after this second date update. This is a little tense because there's a woman listener of ours on the phone right now who is out for blood.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, she is.
Speaker 5: Claws are out because in her mind and I do kind of agree with her here, there's no reason for a guy to get up and leave a table at the end of the date, sneak out of the restaurant and stick her with the entire bill.
Speaker 1: And that's a day he ate his dinner. It's not like he left in the middle and like some emergency. But that's what that's a good point, Joe.
Speaker 2: That's what happened to Lindsay, or I mean, at least I think she got stuck with the bill. What happened with the bill, Lindsay? Did you pay it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's another thing. He left me to cover the bill. The waiter saw me sitting there for a half hour and somehow up said he was and he generously covered my bill, which was so nice.
Speaker 2: Told the manager to take it off the bill.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to pay, Yeah, I didn't have to pay. But the humiliation of being left alone there was the worst part of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alexis is humiliated just sitting alone under desk. Sometimes even if it stood up, I can't shameful.
Speaker 2: But Brooke, I think we need a game plan so we all don't jump on alex and like get angry right off the back.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think first of all, we shouldn't accuse him of anything we don't know from his side what happened.
Speaker 2: You liar, you would say that there.
Speaker 1: Could be a reason, even if his reason sucks. You want to hear it. That's the whole point of you calling in, right, You want to hear it.
Speaker 2: He better be in the hospital when we call him. I won't forgive him.
Speaker 1: The only way we're going to hear it is if we come in not accusatory.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but like we're all on my side.
Speaker 1: Yes, well the girls do not see I mean right now. Yeah, I haven't heard the other side of the story yet.
Speaker 2: I don't care what the other side of the story is personally, but you know what, I'm going to dial Alex and we're going to be on our best behavior. Hopefully he picks up up.
Speaker 3: Here we go, let's see what he says.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Kind of like it. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Alex.
Speaker 4: UT's see.
Speaker 2: Hey Alex, hope you're having a good day.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Sorry Alex, I'm just laughing at Jeffrey right now.
Speaker 4: Hi, I know past Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: That's me. I'm a radio host on the show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hey Alex, Wait, what.
Speaker 1: The whole show's here?
Speaker 2: Man? Yeah, you're on the radio right now. We're just hoping to have a nice, calm, pleasant conversation with you today about what a date you went on recently with one of our listeners. Her name is Lindsey. Please don't hang up.
Speaker 4: O my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you remember lindsay, huh yeah.
Speaker 2: So we heard from her that you two went out to dinner recently.
Speaker 1: Which she thought was going great. She really was enjoying her time with you.
Speaker 2: And then there was the bad part of dinner, which happened when you went missing from the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Like, yep, yeah, you're just gonna own that. You're not gonna apologize immediately.
Speaker 2: So you admit that, you admit that happened, you walked out.
Speaker 4: I take full credit for that.
Speaker 2: What credit's got?
Speaker 1: That's like a pride thing when you take credit or something. What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Because she probably didn't share with you, But I saw her and her little friend before the date.
Speaker 1: What little friendend?
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know her little friend's name, her little girlfriend. They were about a block away from the restaurant. Her and her friend were involved in something else, so they didn't notice me.
Speaker 1: What do you see them do? That's so terrible.
Speaker 4: Her friend is like, seems like she's coaching her for something. So Lindsey says to her friend, oh, my uber app is not working, can you pay for me? And she like backed her eyes and working, and her friend said no, just say a little more believably, she's coaching her.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly so she would have to pay for an uber home.
Speaker 4: She was like, my uber apps not working?
Speaker 3: Did you pay for me?
Speaker 4: It was like sociopathic the way she did it.
Speaker 3: So you pathic the way I did it.
Speaker 2: We have to let Alex know that that is Lindsay on the line, would never.
Speaker 3: What I'm hearing. What I'm hearing Alex is that you're so so guys aren't supposed to help a girl get home safely after.
Speaker 2: Lindsay, you jumped in too soon, so we couldn't get to what Alex was thinking. What was going through your mind?
Speaker 4: Alex, I was thinking, and I feel like I have proof because I witnessed your friend coaching you in getting me to like pay for your uber and you playing this like Damsel in distress act just to get free stuff out of me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he's talking about, Lindsay.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was expecting to be able to get help getting home. I just said that, and there's nothing wrong with that, and so you were Your answer to that was a get up and just leave dinner at the end and leave me the bill, like I don't know, like an immature loser.
Speaker 1: Well the help, I mean, I want to know, like, if you heard it before the date even started, why did you do the date?
Speaker 4: Because here's the thing. As soon as I heard her planning to do that, I already knew she was going to manipulate me.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I'm going to be manipulate you. Oh my god, God forbid a guy helps a girl get home. You know, usually people do that.
Speaker 4: But you were practicing over and over again, you twine laughing about it, you ask for helps.
Speaker 3: And we think, like, I was like, huge, So what do you not laugh with your friends? Like Jesus, you made this evil plan and response to leave me and like an idiot in the middle of the restaurant all alone, like oh god, no.
Speaker 4: One, I ordered the most expensive thing on the men.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's just confirms you are you are.
Speaker 2: Just a little Oh well, if anything, you guys are both a little bit of manipulators.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no, I only scam the scammer. I was ready to have a genuine date with her.
Speaker 3: Shut up, I get hold after a few drinks safely, and you decided up on a plan. I'm just I don't know make you just want to make someone feel small. You want to make women feel small.
Speaker 4: You are not women, You are one person.
Speaker 3: Great, So now I'm not a woman who deserves to be not left an abandoned at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Why can't you afford your own uber?
Speaker 4: Yes? Fine, you guys are not getting it. She was practicing that her uber wasn't working. She can totally afford it. She just wants to take the fool out of somebody.
Speaker 3: Okay, so chivalry is dead.
Speaker 1: Thank you, chiv.
Speaker 2: Lindy. It is a little bit sus that you're practicing the line to say to like be like, can you pay for my broken app? Owhn?
Speaker 1: No, it's more than suss. It's like you got caught, girl, You got caught scamming him for an uber ride.
Speaker 3: I was not scamming.
Speaker 1: You're not scamming. You're lying. You're lying to get what you need.
Speaker 2: I am just a shamed that Brooke was on Lindsay's side this entire time. This is what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, maybe Brook cannot be part of this anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, thank you for taking my side.
Speaker 4: I think first sounds like a genuine individual who could totally afford her own over right home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly, Brooke. There's always two sides to every story, and you're on the wrong one every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard anyone in that room say that before that there's two sides. I didn't hear that at all, so weird.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, at this point, we're running out of time, so I just have to ask we would.
Speaker 1: I know there could be a lot of hot passion there.
Speaker 2: Because we always offer to send you guys out on another date, a date that we would pay for if you're both willing to agree to it.
Speaker 3: Just don't no, I can find a man who doesn't mind getting me home after a few drinks.
Speaker 2: I don't mind getting you home after a few drinks. That's why I'm offering to pay.
Speaker 4: I mean, Lindsay, I'm actually kind of down at this point.
Speaker 2: Don't fall for Lindsay. He's luring you in for another track.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: Oh what could I possibly weave this time?
Speaker 1: Dude? And in the end, Alex, I don't know if you know this, but she never even paid for the dinner. Yeah, yeah, waiter co.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what? That makes me even happier that this is all happening. On the radio.
Speaker 2: What's happening on the radio.
Speaker 4: That she is getting completely exposed for being the liar manipulator that she is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is funny now, Alex, Oh my god, stove it around.
Speaker 4: Takes one to know one, babe.
Speaker 2: I think we've gotten pretty far in understanding what happens. We finally reached common ground.
Speaker 1: Thank god, you are such a champion of women, Jeffary.
Speaker 2: That's right, I fixed all the problems.
Speaker 1: I knew you was freaking Jeffrey in the morning.