Speaker 1: All right, boys, we are here, Coach Hart. Coach Brian Hartline before we get into the episode. As you know, because you are you follow the boys. Boys, we gotta read. Chevy Chevrolet is a trusted company that's been innovating for the last one hundred years. Up to now, most electric vehicles have been either too expensive, too small, or too limited in their capabilities for most people. Chevy is committed to making EV's available for all Americans. There is a growing network of public charging stations and over nineteen hundred certified Chevy EV dealerships. Chevy has convenient ways to research and shop EV's online.
Speaker 2: EV's for everyone everywhere. Coach Hart, that was really good. That was pretty well done. I'm fired up that you're here.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm glad to be here man, because you had you guys made it like well, I tried to be I saw you posted that. I was like, Yo, they gotta come.
Speaker 2: Because Ohio State was on. I think we were going to go to Iowa.
Speaker 1: But then when you reached out and then I was like, oh yeah, Brian Hartline, weird flex, but it's a flex. Brian Hartline follows me. I will DM him and be like, hey, what are we talking like, let's start the Coty No. He responded to a tweet. I was like, Yo, you guys, come on Columbus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, dude, of all the places when we were going through like spring football tour, what should do?
Speaker 2: This is like back in December.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, bro, it'd be sick to go to Ohio State just to like see the differences and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I thought there was no way. There's no chance they're gonna let us in there. And you sold out?
Speaker 4: Was like, I literally sold out, sold out our life. Columbus only only sold out live.
Speaker 2: Show the spot Man Wild. That's fair, just crazy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: First question, yeah, are you happy for Michigan? I'm never I never am.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, I mean yeah, do you think it's good for the robbery? Yes? You in a weird way, you are happy. I love like everyone hating everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you played here and now you coach here, like played here and coached here and never planned on coaching and and uh yeah, I h I hate I hate to up North.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, Yeah, it's funny how you guys are scared to hear her name. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: You know what, you guys should do next year in ann Arbor, something real disrespectful, like and like like the sixties. I always remember seeing this like black and white video of the Hollow State team running and pulling down the banner.
Speaker 2: Okay, I remember that one back in the day, right way back in the day.
Speaker 4: We're talking about like black and white TV. You guys should do something like that. Yeah, really ignite the fire. Yeah, I think, Uh, I think the fire is lit. You know, I think I think it's pretty good right now. I'm kind of you know, it's gonna be a heck of a game. We talked about the importance of it and how big it is and hearing your boys good forward to him?
Speaker 3: Manis what pissed you off most about that second half last year losing? Outside of losing, uh, it was being a yeah yeah no head coach Arthur smith A. We were supposed to have her in last year. Do you have any comments to be the assistant height end coach.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get in trouble, but I'm gonna fight for you will. Yeah, I appreciate that's all we need to hear the available.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate you guys. You're ten point two. You all saw the punt set out there. We will be we will be back. Yes, I'll send my list of demands. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: That is wild. Yes, I know wave the physical, wave the physically. You're part of the part of the I'm part of that. You're part of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're two hundred and seventy pounds left tackle. Hey, real quick, let's get some flowers of art. Like what a dog.
Speaker 2: Dude, he really is the best coach. Oh yeah, he is one believable. He never I never got the play for him, got to know him.
Speaker 4: Awesome, dude, awesome. He was the assistant titands coming. When I first got there, we would be like before practice would start, like right after warm ups. Yep, he would stand in the corner and hold of football and we would have to run and try to punch the ball out on him. And I would tackle him to the ground and hit him as hard as I could. And now he's the head coach of the Falcons. There's a reason why he walked up.
Speaker 2: The willing on me. So he thanks you. I mean I did make him tougher.
Speaker 4: But so talk about a self made man from a like if they always say like showed me the son of a billionaire. You'll never see a self made man. That's a self made man. It's invable.
Speaker 3: I don't think people realize his back like the true store people don't know.
Speaker 2: I know, like that's the craziest thing to x.
Speaker 1: The sun of FedEx basically actually because not at all hold yours.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go get mine. He's gonna go get hit hard way. Then Will Compson will be on the team this year.
Speaker 3: Nice with the list of man's yeah we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll get right. But back to the what pissed you off most? Outside of losing in the second half of that Michigan game, I would say, uh, in obvious run situation, I would say that it would be the we only scored twenty some points. I mean, we're the best we can be. Was we're the best offense in the country, and we didn't execute at a high level.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't look anywhere else besides ourselves, and that's how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: So there's gotta be some part of you though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watching the defense give up two back to back seventy plus yard runs in the fourth you know, I would say, because if you if you watch it, they're in man in the corner. The receiver runs them off and literally runs the corner into the safety and that's what got Edwards to run that first run. And then they literally ran the same play the other way next play. That's not a shot. I guess it is a shot. But I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm just a little ball here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little ball.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, I mean that was the ten second play.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Now our term. We got to run it back and account for that. But we're rolling, you know what I mean, So in our heads, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it's better than a eight minute drive where you don't have a chance maybe to respond.
Speaker 2: But now we can respond.
Speaker 3: And anytime the ball's back in our hands on offense, man, we feel in a good spot, put in our hands and we'll operate that way.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's all we care about. I was here for the first quarter of that game. We did.
Speaker 4: I had a college game day and then I went and watched and you wash your wide receiver crew or walk out on that fiel and you're like this is terrifying. Like you guys went like what twelve plays in the first drive, Yeah, down there, I think you only got three, but like, yep, beat it out, Ohio States.
Speaker 2: Thing is like, hey, we score fast, and we score in a hurry.
Speaker 4: And when I saw them controlling the clock in the first like series of the game, I thought to myself, oh boy, we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boys might be.
Speaker 1: They got a room now, Like I see the kicks. You guys can get these kicks. I see the kicks, the time piece. Obviously you have the background being a receiver yourself. Are you the swaggiest? I don't think you coach.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should ever like self promote. I think you should just let everybody else talk about it. So whatever they think they think, I mean, I'm not gonna like answer that.
Speaker 1: I think it takes a confident I mean a confident person to operate the rooms that you have to operate obviously coming from I mean.
Speaker 3: The room though is full of like elite dudes. Man Like I'm not sure about operating anything. Is It's more like, you know, trying to pick the right guys that fit what we want to get done. And then the boys come in and they kind of let it turn into what it's going to turn into Like, not that I helped guide the room, but man, those guys, Marvin mac Julian, all those guys run that room. David Johnson like, I keep it on the tracks, but they run the show.
Speaker 1: You said you didn't want to get into coaching, So what got you in the coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I uh, because you had a nice career. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: It was kind of good. I was living back in Columbus. My brother was coaching off the field for coach Meyer. Yeah, and there was a fad there for a little bit where like former players would come back and run scout team. They kind of nixed that, but remember when Clempson had some guys doing it, they talked me in doing it. Bobby Carpenter was doing it, one of the linebackers. So we had some guys come back and my brother talked me into it. While I was here, I was kind of coaching up the guys and Terry McLaurin was here in Paris.
Speaker 2: Campbell and some.
Speaker 3: Of the guys I think coach Giano was now our DC at the time.
Speaker 2: Kind of got w into that.
Speaker 3: As I was over there was like, man, I think you got to hire a coach heart I heard this story after the fact. So coach Meyer was like, hey, heart, I love to have you as a coach. I was like, absolutely not. I was like, appreciate the offer. That's not happening. And then that was a bull prep in sixteen, and then he kind of, you know, we reconnected at one point February before spring ball in seventeen, he gave me that opportunity again. I just kind of felt like, you know, guy was giving me a chance to right or wrong. And I didn't have much going all the time. I was like, man, I'm living up up the street. Let's see what this coaching things all about. Never left since it's really how it happened.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you were getting a little bored.
Speaker 1: A little bored exactly, but if you didn't want to first and then you're kind of sting on your ass a little bit longer and you're like, I'm like, nothing going on, Let's do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's even a while with how that happens to you.
Speaker 4: Guys, like when you're playing ball a lot of the time, especially late in the season, guys are like, fuck man, when I'm done, I'm not doing a thing ever, fish every day I'm gonna do this every day, and then you get a few months out of it, and it seems like guys always get like forward quick because in a way, like your life's been structured since college, extremely structured, extremely.
Speaker 1: Structured, and extremely competitive. Yeah, you get burned out a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about any of you guys are hilarious, but like I got burned out with the sport at some point, you know, and I had to get away from it, and I'm like I'm out, you know, and and then you kind of sit back.
Speaker 2: I went to my first like tailgate. I'm like, yo, this is sweet, Like.
Speaker 3: This is why people like college football. This is why we like football because we grew up in it. You don't even realize it because we've never tailgated. You've never done the things outside of football that make it so great. And then you get a chance to do it and you're like, I get it, and then you recharge your batteries and like you're saying, like a competitive wise, I'm like, yeah, I gotta do something.
Speaker 2: I can't be sitting around for next What burnt you out? What burnt you out of football?
Speaker 3: You know? I think the hardest thing for me is I was, you know, I love to win, and I was, you know, I had to hand them, you know, a good amount of teams that we were a big five hundred all the time, Like we'd come down in the last year in Miami and you know, we didn't pull it out, whether it be Buffalo or New England or whoever, to get to the playoffs, and we were just barely missing wild cards.
Speaker 2: And and uh, I hated losing. So it tired me out.
Speaker 3: I would say that coupled with change, you know, turnover on staff, turnover head coach, position, coach, coordinators, like it's it's a it's a people business. And I got tired of getting guys to like me over and over and over and over and over again, because you do that's part of the game. Like you got to play the game in the NFL, and if you don't play the game, it's easier to kind of move on from you. So you're turn you're earning the trust of new hey, coaches, a new coordinator, it's a new position coaches. It just gets older the fast. And if you get in a spot where you're winning, there's not much turnover. Man, it's it's easy, easier sometimes to ride that wave. But if you'd get in some spots where it's not I've seen it in the past, it can make it harder, you know, to kind of continue to prove yourself every year. And so I think that kind of a combination of not winning enough and turnover on staffs a lot of it just burnt me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you ended up going to the Browns, and that's the wrong way to go if you want to go to winning.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say, uh, two hours from home, I'm gonna go ahead and take my butt back home. Yet Miami, go back home, and uh see how this plays out. But yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: As a coach, now, like, how do you see the contest between being a coach and a player, Like what are the biggest differences for you? Especially on game day because you still you can see it. You're a competitive cat. I'm sure there's times you look out there you're like, man, I can still put the shit on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I probably could do a couple reps, not as many as I used to. But obviously the difference between being a player and a coach it is. I mean, I think that you.
Speaker 2: Try to pull on as a player. So I try to.
Speaker 3: Coach these guys the way I'd like to be coached, not a big fluff guy. So like I'm getting straight to the point, you know. So on game day, though, you know, you're always kind of nervous because it's like, hey, it's in your hands. I feel like we do such a great job through the week, I don't have a lot of nerves on game day. Like if we do a lot of good work and boys are healthy and we're out there putting our best foot forward, like I'm ready to roll, and my nerves is not being crazy very competitive, you know, whether we're playing in the CFP or the rivalry and all those definitely different. You wish you could be out there. I'm like, okay, this is that one game where I wish I could go out there and hit somebody. But that's very few rivalries. One of them CFP is one of them. That's just kind of going to be in the hot moments. So it's a little different, but it's out of your hands. That's the biggest thing, you know, you could you can't impact the game anything about it.
Speaker 4: Now when you're watching these players and like, let's say well, I'm not going to name a specific school because it'll be tough for you to answer that question. But like at a school that you know from a talent standpoint, it doesn't stack up to you, guys.
Speaker 2: Right, how do you navigate?
Speaker 4: It's probably got to be a lot easier when you're playing a top tier team. If you're in the CFP, you're playing like a you know, a big rival team, it's probably easier. You know, the boys are gonna be ready, like we just gotta get to the game, keep the boys healthy and let's roll. When you're playing a smaller time school, like do you switch up your coaching? Are you a little harder on the boys like keeping their mind on that?
Speaker 2: Definitely? The big picture is.
Speaker 3: Grading a standpoint, Absolutely, it's like a different mindset. But I'm actually more like uncomfortable against maybe a lesser foe than the other ones because the rivalry in those games, they take care of themselves the only way you don't take care of business if you're not mentally like ready to turn it on like you are on those.
Speaker 2: See it every year having the biggest that's the worry for me.
Speaker 3: Like, so those are the ones that were more than the other ones, Boys are gonna be ready for those. The other ones are like, could they talk themselves out of it? Those are the ones you worry about in my opinion, you know, so uh again, you got to make sure you put these guys in good position and they have to execute.
Speaker 2: But if you got pros pros, no issue. But those are the ones that worry. Yeah, even pros pros.
Speaker 4: I mean playing the league, we would play teams that were in the end of the year, they're out of the playoffs or not. And you hear the boys in the locker room saying, we're going about to I'm about to get four sacks this game. I'm about to do this, And then you play long enough you start to realize, like we should be worried.
Speaker 2: Boys, if everyone's.
Speaker 4: Talking like this, we got to be a little more like you guys like three and they're like, I'm about to go off, and you gotta think yourself, like, god, we might lose, Yeah, we might lose a little.
Speaker 3: Now Detroit's out, they're not going to play very hard. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like brother, it's still a game. It's still competitive, yeah, still competitive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are some of the biggest misinterpretations were missed going from player to coach.
Speaker 3: Uh, the assumption that a player can't be a coach because of blank and then we get labeled a lot. I think a lot of players think they can just be coaches even because they played the game. Uh, that's not the case either. But you know, I think that it's good for the sport to have former players be in the sport as coaches. Now they have to earn it, and I get all that. It's amazing how much we didn't know when you get to being a coach, the correlation of you know, how important is it?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 3: You know, attribute to wins, That's what it's all about. But man, as a player, I wish I knew what I know now. As a as a coach, you know then. But I think just getting mislabeled, that's part of it. A lot of players think they can just be coaches. It's not how it works, and vice versa. Just because they were a player doesn't mean they couldn't be a great coach. Because they didn't draw pictures since they were twenty years old for eight years in visio like, doesn't mean they can't be a coach.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 3: I think players also probably don't realize the amount of time that goes in for these coaches and the investment they have. I guess the hardest part sometimes is I'm kind of an all in kind of dude, and so I'm all in on and athletes and and and the guys I pick for our room and all those kinds of things in this whole new world. Sometimes you wonder if the feelings mutual, you know, and and and I think it's hard because coaches leave sometimes and then players can now leave to like in the college world. But I value the relationship and sometimes you know that's lost in all of this, especially in the NFL world, right, I mean, there's still relationships should be with coaches. I think the NFL they minimize that importance, you know, relating to coaches and coaches having players backs, and they minimize that. But gms don't take that into account when it comes to making decisions.
Speaker 2: So you're talking.
Speaker 4: About the change of everything going on. How do you navigate like the transfer portal when guys you like, we've talked about your wide receiver room, day talks about your defensive line room, your offens line room, like you have studs, there's no question.
Speaker 2: You have NFL talent all around this building.
Speaker 4: How do you get guys that are sitting behind that NFL talent with probably just as much talent and saying, hey, you got to be patient even though you could go play for this other big school.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think that I think it's relationship based.
Speaker 3: I mean if at the end of the day, I think if you guys sit down and have conversations a coach hart, what's my path, and you have an honest conversation with them, and they can feel that it should it probably is okay. You know, you can work through all that based on the outside variables that maybe the family or anybody else is feeling too in his circle. But the relationship matters, you know, And I think the honesty being like, hey, man, like it is gonna be tough. It's a long track. If you need this and this, maybe you should. You know, if you want to explore options you can. You know, just if you keep the interest of the young man number one, it always works itself out. I think that it's okay if guys find a better path somewhere else. I believe that, like, I'm still player oriented, and if you keep it that in that world. I think it always works itself out, and so I try to have conversations and I give honest feedback on what I would recommend them doing. And I think again, based on relationship, you can have those conversations.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the hardest of the special teams coach. Special teams coach, you usually get the guys are like, you know, two's are working through it. Like you guys that are playing three down are not going to be playing special teams a lot.
Speaker 2: So you're telling the guy, hey, you probably look at it. He's like, hey, he's the core four guys, right.
Speaker 3: And I would tell you this though we have in our wide out. It's like if if you have some young guys coming in, right, they have some guys opportunities. If you don't trust those dudes, then all of a sudden, I'm looking up and join Flemings on the front front line of kor blocking some Will Compton running down on freaking kickoff, and so like you know it stud so like you know, at the end of the day, it's you know, yes, you need your guys, your young athletes to step up because we believe, frankly, that's the gateway to offensive defense.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't.
Speaker 3: Carry that job at a high level in the special teams world.
Speaker 2: How do you expect to go play on offensive defense? So but yeah, I mean it can be tough. I'm sure that's a conversation for a coach Fleming, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like one of those things you got to like you tell them the truth and like they have now they have to deal with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, brother, it is what it is. I have to tell them the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you're keeping the best interest of the player, though, how do you not become a little more selfish because at the end of the day, your your career, yeah, is riding on eighteen to twenty two year old that's true. And so you're looking at a guy that's like, I know, in two years he's going to be ready to go, but right now he's not.
Speaker 2: But he could play somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, how did you disassociate that for you as a coach, because at the end of the day, like this is in your ceiling for you, you want to keep going and growing in the ranks of the coaching world.
Speaker 3: I would say, though, I mean, if you're that sure of a young man playing in a year or two and him knowing that that's okay it. I mean, at the end of the day, doing it a year earlier doesn't ensure you anything, you know what I mean. But if coach are or any of the coaches looking at you and telling you a certainty of where I see you're going to be in a year or two again based on that relationship, you know, you ride that out all your.
Speaker 2: Goals, which is probably the NFL it's still there.
Speaker 3: If you're telling me you want to speed the clock up, I mean that's something you have to you have to talk to.
Speaker 2: You know, talking about the clock up? Do you mean like leave earlier, do it in a year year earlier?
Speaker 3: And then if you are doing that, you're probably not doing it. I mean, where are you going? I mean, we are blessed and coach Day is a phenomenal coach and we are the best offense in the country over the last five to six years. So if you're not playing this offense, where are you going? Who's your quarterback, who's the court? You know, there's a lot of variables that you're you're now playing with versus being like, all right, I'm gonna keep working. Coach Hart's telling me this, this and this, you know, go from there. You know, and and in the transfer world, like I've never taken there's never been a transfer receiver that come to Ohio State.
Speaker 2: So you see who's in the room. You see you're competing against.
Speaker 3: There's some variables that are under your control versus when you leave, variables change. Yeah, what are your career ambitions? You know, I would say when I have a job for coach RT Yeah, man, Like you know, in my soul, I'm an NFL guy. I love the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think it is the all star league of college football.
Speaker 3: I don't care where you're from, what school, small, big, Like, it's the best players in the world.
Speaker 2: There is no other better players. So I love that.
Speaker 3: I love the uh uh separate you know, agree of separation being so small. So I love that. I love my alma mater at Ohio State. So my heart's in the NFL. You know, I think one day I'd want to coach there. That's the reality of it. When I don't know, I mean, my in laws are here, my wife's from Columbus, Like there's just like a big foundation that's.
Speaker 2: Been built here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, I love coach the receivers. When I started, I'll be the receiver coach for the next fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone. I'm good.
Speaker 3: And then that kind of grows and as a competitor, right, I mean you're like, oh, people start putting nuggets in your head. I'm like, yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. Yeah, that'd be you know about it, And I'm like, I do I love I would love to. I love building the receiver room. I love that was an awesome opportunity and choosing it, developing it. I'm about to do that on a team. I'd like to be a head coach and try to, you know, do that team wine, not just a position based kind of doing that now offensively, you know a little bit. But I like dealing with people. I like building a team, whether it be a staff or whether it be a you know, individual players.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: So you know where it ends up, couldn't tell you, but that intrigues me for sure.
Speaker 2: NFL head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, you know, I want to be able to win a national championship in college, so we'd have to be, you know, a top program that paints that vision that that can get done there and then or the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean I think for me, I you know, like you guys are probably similar.
Speaker 3: All the marbles gotta be on the table, like it has to be the pinnacle, or maybe I may not have as much interest if the pinnacle is not an option a super Bowl or a national championship.
Speaker 2: That's hard for me. I want it. I want all the marbles on the table. I love that.
Speaker 4: Beautiful going by coach Hart. There's another coach heart in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: Oh there is? Yeah, it's the running back coach from Michigan. Part of them.
Speaker 4: If you too, maybe got in a tussle, who do you think would win that? Do you think so there is there is there any legend for the university of.
Speaker 3: Any in the country. They're all losing. He's them all. This is why we had this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I think he's the running backs coach. But I do I do with that answer?
Speaker 4: All right, cool, that's nothing else always and.
Speaker 2: That's my players.
Speaker 3: Like if you're not if you can't view yourself as the dudes, you're never going to be the dude. You ever met a dude, I didn't know he was a dude.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, every now and then, I don't know now.
Speaker 3: Then I got to look at the meror like, are you I never dude, I didn't know he was the first round pick.
Speaker 2: I sucked in the first round. Holy cow. Like, if you don't view yourself that person, you're never going to be that person. See.
Speaker 4: I think there's a big difference though, because there are guys that like you look at them and you're like, oh, you're sow and so, But then you look at the way they act and everything, You're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't know how Hard Jr. And her junior Patrick Mahomes really Yes, I was Taylor and Hard Junior does not know he's Dailor and Hard Junior Broly. That's fascinating. Yeah, I want to know that. I really want to know about.
Speaker 1: The most just the most salt of the years type of guy ever meet.
Speaker 2: He hes awesome, sweetheart. Well you don't think he doesn't think he was one of the best race car drivers.
Speaker 1: In the I'm sure he takes that, but I'm just saying talking about the the carry. He won't say. He won't say pick anybody, pick anybody to lose. That's the confidence. But I think that's the confidence you had to have being a white skilled player growing up. You know what I mean, don't you're a unicorn.
Speaker 3: It was not like back hard.
Speaker 2: How hard was that growing up? Playing you know white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing wide receiver, receive you better.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: We could write books probably about you know how I was on those like back and forth went writing for you.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Remember like my brother, you got your own story to tell. You're a white line back. No, but I like how I said.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I liked him saying we could probably write a book. I'm like, wait, yeah, we go right, we can all get in.
Speaker 2: There like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're all of them from you know, COMARTI in New York with Remus going God, she just wouldn't leave the freaking conference in New England and in uh New York, but all of them, you know, playing all the different corners throughout my time.
Speaker 2: I never talked. First.
Speaker 3: I would just you know, throw a bug out there. Yeah, I'll keep my kind of bug. I don't know if I can say that now.
Speaker 2: Is there in the middle of the road, you know what I mean? Because you know, you know, all that matters is the guys.
Speaker 1: You're recruiting, the guys in your room that see they're gonna be yo, coach, you've got the sauce.
Speaker 2: What you know, you gotta put on your tape in front. Yeah yeah, no, a lot of times. I mean I'm getting for a move now.
Speaker 3: So that's which is good, you know, getting grin earah yeah, yeah, I turned it, turned it on. Sometimes you're like, wow, I'm getting old now, ye know, ship but no, it's uh, it's been good, you know, I think, Uh, but no, at the end of the day, I didn't I didn't want to get anybody fired up. I just made sure that, you know, after I made a play and they just they just knew, don't show your friends that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was the exact we're talking no, no, no, no no. I was a mouth the individual choir boy. Yeah American, I would say.
Speaker 3: Definitely you on the sideline, uh with was ite of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he that was an outrageously late hit on Marcus. That was just crazy to watch. And that's when they were still the Legion of Boom okay, like who's the safety?
Speaker 2: Who? Every one him? Chancellor Chancellor Earl Thomas.
Speaker 4: He would watch away right with that dark visor on when we were playing them like a noon game. I'm like, this motherfucker is a safety and there's a couple of players we had to put him. It's called structure of the safety rolls down. We would just push it to the next guy, and I'm thinking to myself, I got to hit this fucking dude because you've seen him and it's hits he puts on it.
Speaker 2: He's like, he don't care about me. He does not care about me at all.
Speaker 1: We're getting super comfortable with coach card hearts in here because we're kind of letting some work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now for some beeps. You had two and that two f's and that little sword. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't say. I don't want to say fuck. It's like it's like, uh, I don't want to say loud because I don't just like it's like the Top one hundred, that's the first time I kind of saw you. I was like, Oh, this guy, I can rock with him.
Speaker 1: What do you mean when you were on the top one hunter and doing an interview and you're like, I can't say, they're like bleeping it out every time.
Speaker 2: Is that why you did the same bit? Oh?
Speaker 4: I always watched it and I was like that's funny. Will did that? I know you stole that from.
Speaker 1: This is This is when I we didn't even know each other either. I was like, oh this, I like this. Hey you're a good You're a good hang. I almost dropped another one, bro, I am comfortable.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: There were some good ones though, talking back, Yes, because dude, when you're when you're a skilled player, oh my white skill player, you watch them out there and you're like, hey, brother, good luck, and then they kind of like, hey, it is something real nice out there, and it's always a hey, you're pretty shifty for a white guy, and you're pretty quick for a white guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you're fasteran I thought, yeah, yes, dude.
Speaker 3: Yea knock for that one.
Speaker 2: Remember Dean Sanders. It makes you feel good when you get that. Yeah you get that.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm really approval or because at some point I might have said I I tried to warn you, like I get to give him one of those, you know, because I would do a little bit of something. Yeah they'll laugh and then I'll do something and like try to warn you don't show your friends when.
Speaker 1: You get called like white chocolate, You're just like, oh that was that never got that was our thing.
Speaker 3: That was me and Brandon Marshall in Miami. So like that was our little back and forth. I was playing to be marsh in Miami. That was a big time. Even Mike Wallace, it was like playing for branded. Playing with Brandon Marshall awesome. I mean he was he was bashit crazy. But like I love playing with them, and we had a great rapport. I would still stay connected now every time in Miami recruit and or for Laddy, I'll try to see him. Yeah he's down there. But I love b marsh Man. I love you know, I.
Speaker 2: Love that guy. An outstanding job. Yeah yeah, yeah, I am athlete. Yeah. Top three wide receiver talents that you've coached up three i've coached.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 2: All in general, like.
Speaker 1: I say, in general, they're probably or not they can be here. Yeah, they can be here.
Speaker 3: That's hard I think that. Uh, you know, they're all different in their own way, frankly, but or not.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, the things that Terry McLaurin does and and did is different than the way Crystal Lave plays and the way Garrett plays Jackson's his whole other animal. And then Marvin Harrison is his whole other animal. So like I had picked three, Wow, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean those five are really the.
Speaker 3: One the rank them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, Like what's what's what's the one? Who's the one scary serry?
Speaker 3: I would say, I would say Marvin right now, Marvin Harrison number one NFL NFL like you know, NFL makeup NFL prototype, right, yeah, Marvin's that NFL prototype you know. Wow, three six, four, two oh eight, pushing sub four four.
Speaker 4: Probably sophomore last year, right, he's a sophomore, He's got one more year, he.
Speaker 2: Does, he's already he's already projected like top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you think it's in his best interest to sit out this year and go to the draft, right, not not play college.
Speaker 3: That's just that's just oh wow, yeah. Yeah, it's a North conversation there, I'm conversation. No, I mean no, not absolutely not. I think he says because like he does have major goals of what he wants to accomplish, you know, whether it be post team awards, winning rivalries, winning champion.
Speaker 2: He does not give that up.
Speaker 3: He's an ultimate competitor and if he wasn't doing that, he wouldn't be who he is.
Speaker 2: So they'd be like a total alter that is that is a fan. I mean, just the way the bass of a bias. If I don't want to see him right right, you don't want to mess do whatever he wants. I hope he gets paid. I hope he makes a billion dollars. Yeah, brother, you should go sit out, especially that last one. Yeah. Physical, that game is a little too physical, you know, yeah, sure, sure, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Then I think you know you have to go Jackson all right Jackson. And the only reason why I feel very comfortable saying that is because Chris and Garrett chose him as well.
Speaker 2: So that's their comment on But.
Speaker 3: Like when when they were kind of talking about it, I mean, the things he does, he makes me look like a really good scoach. And I don't like I didn't do anything. He just he just was himself. So but his uh, it's changed changed direction. Ball skills are ridiculous. Like he's going to be very very very good in the NFL. Uh, Chris and Garrett, you know they're you know, Garrett had a hell of a year obviously, Rookie of the Year. Uh, you probat to give him the nod just because of that. Then next, you know, and then it's between Terry and Chris. You know, one was the eleventh overall pick and one makes twenty three million a year. I don't know, so it's kind of a coin flip. I would say that they love Terry up in Washington, I know, and I gotta sit probably I just probably say Terry right now because he's done it in the NFL for three or four plus years.
Speaker 2: That's worth his weight and goal on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a guy doing it one year is one thing I didn't Chris knows how much I love him. But you're talking about elite group of dudes there, and I think that it's easy. It's easy to do it once, really hard to do it two, three, four or five more ears like that.
Speaker 2: And become a list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those guys, they they're gonna look and they're the guys that weren't one. You're they're gonna text you, yeah, the one they're in a group chat and they can all yeah yeah. But at the end of the day, like that's a stud group.
Speaker 1: He's named off in Terry becoming a captain to like obviously I played there, but I don't know him at all. And the next I student I do still have there, like they just rave about.
Speaker 2: It was from a leadership, wasn't he He might have been. Yeah, I think like in the middle of the sea he might have.
Speaker 1: I know he called up the team in the middle of a game and kind of like, you know, thrusted himself to be like a captain guy. I don't know if he got to see the first year. I think mid year he did. Yeah, I know midyear he like rallied the guys a great man and we gotta have to do all that the boys.
Speaker 2: The boys are just telling me that's goody all right, Yeah, this has been incredible. Yeah, I'm good. We're gonna do this again sometime. I love you become head on the.
Speaker 1: Bus, yes, yeah, and then he he comes on the bus. Honestly he makes that leap too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you want you to be a head coach on the list we need to press let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's say it's been an honor, just like let me know. Yeah, you know what I mean. We know some people, you know some people you put in good work. Yeah, well, I appreciate you guys being here real talk and enjoy Columbus, great people, great city, is fun. Believe it or not, and you got here once before and I did enjoy it. It's awesome. People are awesome and they're here to supports you all. You guys sold out their spots, so have a good time. I'm glad you tweeted bro Man, I'm glad you tweeted the.
Speaker 2: Boys did it up. Please subscribeate five stars. Thank you.
Speaker 4: M