Speaker 1: We are still here in the Boy Meets World house.
Speaker 2: We have now.
Speaker 1: Entered into the evening territory. We've had our dinner, We've gotten comfortable in the Matthews Palace, and in perfect Pod Meets World fashion, we are taking a small detour for our sleepover. How have you guys been feeling about our experience tonight so far?
Speaker 3: I'm so full of habachi.
Speaker 2: I know we had the hibachi queens.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop eating it, even when I was full to the brim.
Speaker 2: I know you were, you were completely maxed out.
Speaker 1: Did you did you enjoy this?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 5: It was it was. It was very much a show.
Speaker 6: I'm a big hubachi Fanah. Yeah, it's like a good family yeah thing. So Indy loves it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, this was quite a show. This was some impressive firework.
Speaker 1: It was firework. The reason I was picturing you shortened.
Speaker 3: Fire firework work.
Speaker 2: It was all right.
Speaker 1: So when we recently had on Andrew Andy Keegan on Podmeats World, we found ourselves in a topic we revisit many times.
Speaker 2: Angel and Vicki.
Speaker 1: They were our studio appointed pe teachers, but also they became business partners with us in some sense, producing the roller bleading video Grinders Inline, starring Rider and Myself true masterpiece. And we always knew we shared Angel and Vicki with the show next Door, thunder Rally and It's child stars. But what we didn't know is that they also made a video with and you not know you were you.
Speaker 3: Were in the video on this page. I didn't know, whatever, Daniel.
Speaker 5: She sounds so believable that the thing she can read the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 3: The part is she literally doesn't know days the actual part.
Speaker 1: That I was in it. I did not remember that. So Andrew casually dropped this during his interview, and so producer slash husband of this podcast, Jensen, jumped on eBay and found one VHS copy available and we quickly snatched it up.
Speaker 5: That's because I bought all the other ones. I don't happened I left one out there.
Speaker 1: Well, we have story now, we have digitized, and we have put it up on YouTube to be viewed by everyone, because these things deserve to be ronicled.
Speaker 3: We're responsible for. You can go watch it now.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 1: We will be doing the same with Grinders Inline soon. But we wanted to sit down with Andrew now and talk not only about Boxerati, something he so graciously agreed to dissect with us, but also get more into possibly the most mysterious subjects on our podcast, Angel and VICKI welcome Andrew Keagan, the star of Boxeratim.
Speaker 5: I'm in my mind. All I can think about is there was literally one and it didn't exist, and now it exists. My worst nightmareage.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: But you know, Andrew, what did you think really when you watched it?
Speaker 1: We digitized it, we sent it to you, and you you nervously watched it.
Speaker 3: What did you think?
Speaker 5: I couldn't stop watching it right right? I was like this, this was actually, you know, put together considering the time. It was thirty almost thirty years ago, it was actually pretty alright, It's not that at all. Great, Yeah, weird, It's not what I remember, though, What do you remember? I have not the best rhythm or the coordination in other words, like you know, dancing wasn't my skill set. So I just remember how difficult it was. And it doesn't look difficult, you know.
Speaker 3: You just transitioning.
Speaker 5: It was like the aid to the sixteen, and so that was so seared in my head, how difficult and how frust they were frustrated with me though, really a little bit, because I think they had the expectator, you know, if you do this and if you're a trained dancer or physical whatever exercise person. So for me, it was just like I just kind of like had two left feet with it. So that was what I remember. But I looked at him. I was going to say, they edited really well. I want to thank them for getting together a really good video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really looked great. I said to you today via text. You could have been a fitness trainer.
Speaker 6: That's my biggest takeaway. Yes, why was this not the biggest thing effort I was? Andrew actually looks totally comfortable. This fits him perfectly.
Speaker 5: You could have you could have started an empire.
Speaker 6: But tank Top, it was just you know, it's just I'm just surprised, like you know that it was this one off video, but it was.
Speaker 5: It was the time because remember how that's become so important.
Speaker 6: It was the people who made P ninety ninety or insanity like those, why not target younger people.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought the whole time I was watching this is this is perfect to do a fitness video with somebody that they recognize and will know targeted at like tweens and teens. It's just a great ideas to still be done.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, well, I'm not sure why it didn't really work. Maybe the distribute, you know, there's a different things. I think at the time what.
Speaker 6: It came down to, yeah, because I mean it actually is legit and it was like, oh, this totally could have been a whole series and a whole thing.
Speaker 5: And but just a quick question when you bought it? What what? What was it on a VHS?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 5: Well that might have been the issue right there, right.
Speaker 6: In the days were still a thing, and the idea exactly like we'll say in a targeting teenagers, MA idea makes sense and it was good.
Speaker 3: It was a Billy Blanks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I really love those classes.
Speaker 5: Here's what's scary is now that it's out there, who knows, maybe.
Speaker 3: Take over you can start an entire Ardi empire.
Speaker 6: Not because it's just.
Speaker 3: Keegan ERTI.
Speaker 5: Idea.
Speaker 3: I love it, Andy Roddy, I love that. Oh god, Okay, where are we going with this?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you don't know if you ever even saw the finished.
Speaker 5: Product until I think that I did.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just remembered the filming of it. It was probably a little traumatizing since they were frustrated when.
Speaker 3: You were in shape and you didn't need it.
Speaker 5: It just was like, I'm good with this. It was it was. It was just one of those tough shoots, whereas like I just felt like I could have done should have done better. But it turned out well. But yes, I if I did see it, I definitely don't remember.
Speaker 3: It was this all done in the day, probably, Yeah, one day that snout right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's maybe do a little background explanation for our dear listeners who may have not heard the episodes where we've mentioned Angel and VICKI, let's talk a little bit about how they were brought into our lives. Does anyone here actually remember how we first met them.
Speaker 6: Uh, they were hired by Disney as far as I know, or at least our individual productions keep backed on. They were already the physical instructors because we had to do thirty minutes of physical activity every day, and so I don't think it's like a require. It's a requirement that we get that, but there was no requirement that we have actual like coaches or teachers.
Speaker 3: That go outside and play for half.
Speaker 6: We were lucky enough that they sort of provided the service for studio kids, and they were already doing it for the home improvement kids, right, and then they were all to Disney. They just they were like, oh, all the shows I think hired them equally. And we took our lunch break and we would work out football. I remember like actually doing push ups and price of dips and like actually working out with them too. And then they became friends and yeah, like you said, business partners, which is super interesting, Like yeah, there was a lot of like lives getting intertwined. And then they would you know, they would always be there and they were so fun to hang out with. And then they would get us stuff because they would go like sponsorships because they were they were like grown ups who would work for us like they you know, I was into snowboard and so they got me a snowboard.
Speaker 1: Snowboard too. I went and picked out my own snowboard, and I remember I had like a rebox sponsorship.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So they were working it because they were like them, you know what I mean, that's smart of them. That was totally. That product placement was such a thing.
Speaker 3: Too, Oxygen oxygen roller blades. I remember them bringing those sick roller blades.
Speaker 1: How did they go from then, like introducing us to brands, How did they go from pe teachers to like, hey, do you want to come get free shoes?
Speaker 8: Was that?
Speaker 1: Do you think it was? It pitched to us like what was the benefit for the people giving us the free stuff that maybe we'd be seen.
Speaker 6: They would like they would actually arrange. So I remember when they gave me the snowboard. I actually took a photo for some team magazines. So it was like the team magazines, they wanted photos of us, the products wanted a picture them. And then but I don't what Angel Vicky get out of it all. I don't accept maybe business relationships. And then yeah, I mean they were interested in building, you know, a business out of either personal edge. Personal edge was their their their business. And then also you know, like these videos because they ended up producing grinders with with my family and you and me starring in it, and then Boxeraate and then Funkaraate never happened.
Speaker 3: They didn't have me at all. SMOKARAATEI was not going to work, so they did not have me. It was not working, so they did not want me in the Errati family.
Speaker 1: So Andrew, do you remember how boxerati came around, like how they brought it.
Speaker 8: Up to you.
Speaker 5: I mean, again, that was so long ago.
Speaker 3: But were you.
Speaker 2: Super into fitness?
Speaker 5: I know, I think I was just, you know, kind of like coerced into it, like hey, we're doing this, you know.
Speaker 3: Let's make and I'm sure athletic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, yeah. I mean we were, you know, all working together, you know, at the lot as we're talking about. But yeah, I don't I literally don't remember. But yeah, I was like, oh, yeah, sure, I'll do anything. I mean between the teen magazines, like, oh you want to take my shirt off, no problem, I would do any magazine. I'd wear anything. That's where I was at at that point. So Boxarati sounded great.
Speaker 1: It is funny, like it is weird when you think about it, because I was very much the same way. Sure let's go to rebop.
Speaker 2: You want me an interview this person, Sure, let's do it. And it's like that's the worst kind of teenager.
Speaker 9: To be, but that's what we all did.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: It was willing to listen to.
Speaker 5: Do this thing.
Speaker 1: Good for sure, let's do it.
Speaker 4: That was our life.
Speaker 1: So funny. Okay, so this was an instructional video. You walked everyone through. Let me tell you what I say. It's an instructional video.
Speaker 3: Here's how you pray.
Speaker 9: You actually show us how to bunch, which knuckles to follow through with, and then you show us how to kick, and then you go quick, let's jump into it.
Speaker 5: Let's go. Yeah, the transition there wasn't much. It was one minute stretching that whole also love.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things about the video is how much you remind us that you also couldn't do it first.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that came. That came naturally. That was They only left I think two in there, but I probably said it fifty times, like don't worrying. I think I said, literally, you're fine, because they wanted me to rehearse and I didn't.
Speaker 3: It was no matter where you were, it was always a eight more. It one punch, two punch, four punches, and eight more. And I was like, oh my god, these four kids, you've identified the issue.
Speaker 5: Ye I didn't.
Speaker 3: I still don't have it.
Speaker 5: I still didn't realize what was going on, and now I get yeah, they just edited, Like now that I think about it, Yeah, I wasn't really care that it didn't it didn't make sense on the numbers.
Speaker 3: You know, because there's some kid out there who did forty five minutes of solid cardio and just dropped afterwards, like no one stopped and rested. It was just like forty five minutes a movie, and that's.
Speaker 5: All the rage. Now, I literally do a forty five minute class. Now that's not just still don't Yeah, that's in the head of the car telling you I'm gonna call that forty five plays and yeah, forty five whatever.
Speaker 2: We have one ars too.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. So at the very beginning of the video.
Speaker 3: Andrew Black.
Speaker 2: H over Andrew warns everyone of this.
Speaker 5: Here's the warning on the screen before the workout. It's narrated by Andrew Keagan on the tape.
Speaker 6: That part's still just where are we doing?
Speaker 5: I didn't remember that part. Okay, here we go, let's do it. Take two. See, I knew this is going to be all about laughing at me, but I'm still there. I'm a chance with you, I know, I know. We don't want you to hurt yourself, even though boxerati is easy and fun, So make sure you check with your mom and dad or see a doctor if you have to before trying this out. Take your time watching the video once through. If you can't do it the first time, I don't know why it sounds. I think I'm doing like what I remember.
Speaker 9: Said.
Speaker 5: Okay, al finish. If you can't do it the first time, don't worry. I couldn't do it either.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 5: Take it slow and have fun with it. Discontinue any part of this program that may cause you discomfort of pain. I sound like Keanu Reeves. Always remember while you're doing this. If it hurts, stop the producers distribute them any liability or loss a connection with the exercise and advice containing this program.
Speaker 3: Yes, discurb awesome. You sound the same. Well. I just want to hear a kid going like, mom, I have to go talk to the doctor before I can go to boxer.
Speaker 6: I can't do bo.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay. And then there is a small coming attractions which is fun karate and yours truly arise. Wait it says it's coming in the summer of ninety six.
Speaker 5: Still waiting, still waiting.
Speaker 2: St waiting on the one.
Speaker 1: I had no memory of doing that with you at all. I had none.
Speaker 2: I saw I appeared on screen.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh there, I am.
Speaker 3: There's men exactly.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I guess I'm in that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what funkarate was?
Speaker 2: Well, I say it in the video.
Speaker 1: It's a combination of dancing, hip hop and karate, which I really want to know. Oh god, that is I want to You know what, let's next time we go to karate.
Speaker 9: Let's ask mister s he knows about any funk arate.
Speaker 3: I'd also like to put out a disclaimer for pod Meats World. Neither boxarate nor funkarate should be used for self defense.
Speaker 4: I will sorry, Hi guys, it's Jensen, producer her husband podcast. I will say that I did find an interview with you that talks about funk karate, and you do say that it's you and JENAVANOI oh wow, so.
Speaker 3: Are you fighting each other each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So anyway, it would have been you and Jenna.
Speaker 2: Okay, we never did it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I still can do it, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't stop that now, but we may.
Speaker 5: Next year.
Speaker 6: I think we made it in ninety six. Why wasn't it Grinderatis just so awful?
Speaker 1: Well, that is one of the things I thought today when we were watching Boxerati, is that we really lucked out with Grinders in Line that we were not the stars of Grinders in Line, like.
Speaker 6: We were the instructional part of the same way a little bit, but we're only in like.
Speaker 1: He's in the whole darn thing, and people through.
Speaker 3: The exercises while you're there by the way instructor. It could have been, could have been can be walk too.
Speaker 1: So you were wearing a killer Boxerati tank top that I hope we can.
Speaker 2: Make merch.
Speaker 5: One of those.
Speaker 1: You're lifting a weight and then I show up next to you.
Speaker 3: That is you're just lifting one weight. It's like official, and.
Speaker 1: We have this very natural dialogue where we are definitely listening to each other and.
Speaker 2: Are line. Let's uh, let's play a clip.
Speaker 10: Hey, how's it going. This is Danielle Fisher from Boy Means World.
Speaker 11: What are you up to?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 10: Have you been pretty good? We're just here talking about how important it is to exercise.
Speaker 1: You go reany good?
Speaker 3: I go good.
Speaker 4: Just look away.
Speaker 3: You're not listening to each other.
Speaker 6: It's so funny because yeah, knowing that you guys were actually like good friends, tell you're just totally taking that for granted.
Speaker 3: You're like, what are we here today? We're good. How you doing.
Speaker 5: We're good.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a little more from the best Friends in Exercise clip number two.
Speaker 10: And you're looking pretty good. Are you like some kind of exercise freak or something, of.
Speaker 12: Course not, but I do like to keep in shape and working out as a part of that, you know. But I like to do a bunch of other stuff. I like to dance and I like to ski. But you know, this box writty thing is something I could get into, being that I've been doing some boxing myself.
Speaker 4: Exercise, fast talking. I can't believe they stopped you before. You were like, you know what, I don't like when guys call the house and they're just like that and they just like don't want to pick up the phone. And then it was like, it's the same girl exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm Daniel official for Takarate.
Speaker 5: Karate perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, So you're so fast, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Did you drink coffee back then?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It's like you were always on one point five when you're re listening to a podcast too fast or two point zero.
Speaker 1: You were always there, was always there.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, you might be wondering what the philosophy is behind what you're about to get into and Andrew fills you in clip number three.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what I think the point is we should be making here is it's staying in shape. Isn't about having some elaborate program. You know, you don't need gears, weights or a lot of expensive stuff. All you need is some discipline, some new attitude and the right attitude. Excuse me, And you know I think that's about it.
Speaker 1: So I mean, great, no need for a second take, just in your moment, the moment very natural.
Speaker 5: I can't get over what I sound like. It was the most valley guy server.
Speaker 12: Why.
Speaker 5: I was like, I remember watching, Oh my gosh, what did you sound?
Speaker 4: I will say too, like people who don't go to YouTube, which they should, they should watch this on YouTube.
Speaker 5: We put it up.
Speaker 4: But like, if you don't watch on YouTube, you're gonna think it sounds cheap because he flubbed. But the funniest part is they easily could have done a second take. It's a kind of expensive looking video. It is so like they made a decision to keep him in as like a teen heartthrob who made a small mistaken boy. He's so relatable. Yeah, that's that's why they kept that because they really easily could have done another take, but it's on purpose that they kept that. Yeah, it's kind cool, a little more fun.
Speaker 3: I think also think it's a good message exactly what's on message nowadays. If you don't need tons of waste, you don't need all this stuff. I mean again, this thing was seriously ahead of its time.
Speaker 5: It's like I said, it's so interesting. I just started doing this workout, which is a forty five minute routine, and it's so you go six cycles, right cycles. But it's that's what I'm saying. It's like you don't need a march to just go in and it's all.
Speaker 3: The big thing right now is calisthenics, the old school calisthenics, and that's.
Speaker 5: What this was.
Speaker 3: This was thirty years ago exactly on teens or teams.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna I think we're gonna blow it up.
Speaker 3: Can't do it right now?
Speaker 10: Do it?
Speaker 1: You want to start working out? You full of habachi?
Speaker 3: Well this second, I'm hot, full of hibachi.
Speaker 5: But no later conajamas for Chris.
Speaker 3: This is a we're gonna work out sway in pajamas. Has anyone said yet, yes that I'd be good at Hey, do you want a more steak? Yes, give me eight more, just eight more more, and.
Speaker 1: Well then we get another tease for my funkarate video and a little friendly competition. Let's play clip number four.
Speaker 10: I think you're doing a video too.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's called fun Karate.
Speaker 12: It's gonna be some funk and hip hop moves mixed in with some karate.
Speaker 1: It'll be really fun.
Speaker 5: Excellent, excellent.
Speaker 6: Well you want to love about this whole interaction between you guys? You sound like sixteen year olds who are trying to sound like thirty year old?
Speaker 3: Is this like cool?
Speaker 5: Cool? Cool?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because at dancing in some boxing I can also yeah, it's really I'm really going to age myself. But there used to be commercials where it was a guy and girl like sitting in front of a fireplace talking about all the greatest songs from the seventies, and it was like that's like yeah, but Foreigner came out. Oh, don't get me started on Foreigner. That's what you got to sound like.
Speaker 4: You sound like that couple.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is exactly what we sound like. Well, then we are in the video, and Andrew, you're in a very nice boxing gym with a disco ball.
Speaker 2: Do you remember at all where this.
Speaker 5: Was no no idea?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean in the valley. It was in the valley valley.
Speaker 5: Okay. Actually, I feel it might have even been they. I think it was that. I feel like there was a real gym, like what's it called ring? Yeah, so I think they took part of a the.
Speaker 4: Answer by the end of the podcast, but it does say where it is, and I want to say it's somewhere, but I think that might be wrong. Somewhere about let me let me look it up and I'll get you the answer.
Speaker 3: Wow, because it looks great. I mean, there's like legit production value. It looks good. You're leading the whole thing. It's I mean, it's good. It's it's it's good. It really is.
Speaker 2: And it's not an easy super easy.
Speaker 1: It's a great video.
Speaker 3: It's really difficult and you can do it at home. And I was dead by the second commercial?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else? Young Andrew wants to say? Here, let's see clip number five.
Speaker 13: Well, keep your eyes over for a fun karate video. Let's wait again, please, well keep your eyes over for a fun karate video.
Speaker 3: Fun karate video.
Speaker 5: I think I swallowed the unk.
Speaker 1: Do you remember who picked out the clothes? Did Angel picked us out for you?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? For sure they picked those clothes out. Must That's not what I was wearing at that time. Okay, or ever do it again?
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember you ever really wearing tank tops?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, not really really it's not a bad word.
Speaker 6: I know, shut us nothing underneath.
Speaker 4: Remember.
Speaker 6: So the director was somebody named Heather Oh, I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was Heather Mills. Is that right? Something hither Hills or Mills. And I was like, wow, this is I was like, who is this?
Speaker 6: Because Grinders, Angel and Shiloh co directed. It was the first thing Shiloh ever directed, and he learned a lot and like you know, an Angel was co directing with him, and they were like really into the editing and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know who this person was.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, probably brought her in yea. You know they wanted to. They were trying to up it with the director.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it was a box. He was filmed on location at Polina Boxing Club in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, he knows my boxing instruct He's in Woodland Hills. Did you ever drive up the street and you see the big statue of Oh, yeah, that's that's Phil.
Speaker 4: That looked good. Then even.
Speaker 3: Hills I trained at that gym.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's so funny. Boxeraate was mad.
Speaker 3: I did. There was a He told me at one point that he was going to rent the place out to shoot porn.
Speaker 5: Oh okays, ready shut it down. Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys might be wondering why it is that Andrew made this video, so here he is to explain.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Andrew Kavian.
Speaker 10: I'm here today to show you why it's so important for us to work out. I'm trying a new concept. I found a great way to burn off some stew let go my frustrations and feel better. It's a new workout that combines boxing and karate. It's fun and it's easy. The best of all, you're getting a workout. You don't have to be good or anything. It's not a competition. All you're gonna do is give it a try. It's called box Sarati. See it looks like we're all just hanging out here, then really we're working out so fun.
Speaker 3: It's great, perfect, super simple, straightforward.
Speaker 2: You had that memorized, but it sounds really natural.
Speaker 3: And you're also telling kids like it's cool if you're not good at it.
Speaker 1: It's like we're hanging out, but we're actually working out.
Speaker 2: I like that part.
Speaker 3: I want to reverse it looks like we're working up.
Speaker 5: We can do it tonight in a sleep.
Speaker 3: You're I mean, I'm sorry, you're you're very good at this, And you're like, you're very good at this.
Speaker 5: I think the Yeah, I mean it's gonna be. It's out there now, so who knows. Get your kids off the couch, I'm telling you.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: Then we get into the exercise, which is punch and kick combos focused on cardio, with Andrew teaching a group of very fit sports enthusiasts both in and outside the boxing ring.
Speaker 2: So did we recognize any of these people?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes we did did. Yes, there is a very cool moment where you join in with someone jump roping that I could never do. And then Andrew tells us exactly what Boxarati is Clip number seven.
Speaker 10: Box Sarati is a fitness program created by Vicky Van Houston and this is a type of exercise that works your whole body. I mean we're talking upper and lower body and at the same time, your heart is building strength and you're burning body fat. Now watch me a couple times doing it, and in no time at all, you're gonna be doing box Sarati.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Wait. So I recognized a girl in there named Katherine, and she was actually a good friend of Ben's. Okay, Catherine Power, And so Jensen texted her and said, Catherine, how did you end up in Boxarati? And it turns out all of the background, anyone there, anyone there was all from the same dance troop, they.
Speaker 4: Got the same prison that. Yeah, it was all the Sandy Studio. These were all people who were part of this class and they were all told to go down and learn the exercise, and that's where they got it. And Catherines went on to become this massive mogul and like skincare.
Speaker 2: Merit, she created Merit Beauty.
Speaker 4: She has like a wine line with Cameron Diaz and stuff. But this is probably the coolest thing she's ever done, is what I was assuming based on. And so I wrote her and she was like, I can't believe you have it, And I sent it to her and she stoked about it. But it was just weird to know someone in the background.
Speaker 1: So do you guys think any of us could get through the forty five minute video?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: I couldn't in the state I'm in right now, find the get up to get the tape to put it in. I was like, Oh, this doesn't seem that hard.
Speaker 6: But then when it and it gets more intense, I was like, oh, this is this is the real work.
Speaker 3: It just keeps going. It just it's cardio. I think the.
Speaker 5: Idea is, you know, it's not much, but it's when you start doing the same thing enough things and you kick.
Speaker 1: Andrew could definitely still do it. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think I could do it, but I would not be happy.
Speaker 3: After all forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I think I could do forty five minutes with our forty minutes of fifty minutes of karate we do.
Speaker 3: We do a lot of meditating in the middle though, like a lot of meditating, enough of sitting and sitting like hey.
Speaker 2: Wait there, Oh, I see what you're saying, like to learn, like what the next thing.
Speaker 3: Is to stand? They literally keep going for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. No, I still think I can do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I could because I don't have to try it, so yes, I stick with it.
Speaker 4: Then, yes, I could do it too. I just did it fun karate, I will say too. Like the thing that I took out of the video is that he'd never like he's so good at just doing the exercise and telling people keep moving, you know. Yeah, they never really technically instruct anyone. No, like he says, do the kicks eight whatever, But he does admit like you're going to have to watch this video over and over in order to learn it.
Speaker 1: He's like, listen, I couldn't do this all the way through, but if you watch it enough times, you'll learn the moves.
Speaker 5: And this is edited, so I never had to do it all the way through.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and we do want to know that, like what, like, yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Never did it. I probably never did it all the way through. I never did that.
Speaker 4: It was all edited.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when we worked out with Angel and VICKI, I don't think we ever did box.
Speaker 5: ARATEI no, no, I never did it since yeah I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, don't don't ruin it for everybody by saying I've never.
Speaker 3: Done Every week and we went bowling Arati with them a couple of times. Yeah, we did, we did.
Speaker 5: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Here is a random moment from the video with Andrew leading the charge and honestly, you are great and a very confident instructor.
Speaker 2: Let's play clip number eight.
Speaker 10: Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna do sixteen fast ones. Okay, starting with the right. Now, we're gonna do.
Speaker 11: A step cuts ready, one, four, five, six.
Speaker 5: I'm still not people. You are a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're so good that you are.
Speaker 3: You're very You're like natural, you're relaxed, but you're still keeping people moving.
Speaker 5: Is this an intervention that weird about?
Speaker 3: I think, to be honest, I think a lot of us thought we were like going to find the Boxaratti video and it was going to be so bad that I was like, I can't believe. But it's just not so good.
Speaker 4: The protect value is very high. Yeah, yeah, the gym looks good. Do you guys know if I say a name of someone who may have been friends with Angel and VICKI, would you maybe know them?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Would you know who? Cheeto and Linda Peppinino is.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, A great? Great?
Speaker 4: It was, it was It was my favorite credit. It was my favorite credit at the end of the video, and it's the box. Serati logo is made by Cheeto pa Bonito, which is the name. I thought was like an alias that they came up with, but then I ran it in Google, in the Google machine, and it does say that they own their own gym. Now there's the guy.
Speaker 1: It's the guy who owns the box.
Speaker 4: But by the way, that name kind of rhymes too, does everyone's name rhyme? Cheeto pap Is is in Washington, Cheato and his wife Linda pay Panito in Washington, and they they are the rumble m vps of this gym and they run Ripped Revival. I mean they're kind of the same.
Speaker 3: Points world quality name.
Speaker 4: Maybe I know wait are you guys?
Speaker 5: Are you guys hearing this? Did they take did they run with this concept?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Ripped they're part of the Ripped family, man, I don't know, figuring something out here, like maybe they went dynasty. They have it, they're doing it. What did you call the Pepperinos. It's the pay Banitos, Cheeto pay Banito. I get paid ten dollars every time. So anyway, I just wanted to ask because they made the box Serati logo. But also there they seem pretty great.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do. We don't know anything about them, but they they sound okay.
Speaker 1: Well, then we get into round seven, which is the cool down, and it is slower and chiller, and they're stretching, and that leads us to the end. And here's Andrew's little breakdown for us, clip number nine.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's very important to stretch before you work out, but it's actually very important to stretch after you work out too. And we're gonna do a cool down. Okay, first we're going to start with sixteen slow punches.
Speaker 3: Sixteen wait, sixteen punches to cool down.
Speaker 5: Wait to hear about sleep God yikes, and we're doing five sets.
Speaker 3: Say all right, we're ready for our two hour cool down. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Geez that.
Speaker 1: So then we get into the credits and that includes all the names of the Boxerati kids, which as I mentioned, Catherine Power is on there.
Speaker 2: And then there is a special thank you yes King Strong.
Speaker 6: So dad gets a Boxerate shout out Boxerai, Do.
Speaker 2: You have any idea why that would be?
Speaker 6: Okay, So my dad and my mom produced, but my dad was very involved with Grinders. So he and Angel must have already started their business relationship because they they found financing for Grinders.
Speaker 5: They actually got investors.
Speaker 6: So they pulled money from you know, probably four different investors to pay for And I wouldn't be surprised if there was investors on boxarate and one of them maybe my dad helped hook up a relationship. I don't know, but yeah, so that was the only thing I could think. Or I don't know because I don't know what had to be that because my dad wouldn't. I don't even if I asked my dad, do you know anything about boxarate, which I probably should have.
Speaker 5: We should call him right now.
Speaker 1: That's not that's think.
Speaker 5: Let's just put him right on, give him, give.
Speaker 3: Him remember this.
Speaker 5: He of course is we don't remember it. You just make him watch it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna what if he picks up a phone. He's like, sorry, I was busy doing box I was my half hour cool down.
Speaker 3: Is he not picking up AARROADI.
Speaker 4: He's outside building a new house.
Speaker 6: Laraate, Yeah, Hey Dad, it's righter, Okay, Okay, I have a very I'm recording our podcast right now. We're all in the room together, and we have a very bizarre question for you.
Speaker 5: Can you put him on speaker? All right? It's for dad, but you guys can both answer it, all right.
Speaker 6: So we have Andrew Keegan here with us, and who you remember Andrew Keagan?
Speaker 5: Okay, Hi guys, all right? So do would you say?
Speaker 6: All the girls like you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You remembers? All right?
Speaker 6: So Andrew did a video with Angel and Vicky before we made Grinders in Line, and this video was called Boxerati.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have any memories about this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, details about it?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 6: So the reason I'm asking is because King Strong gets a special thank you in the end credits.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, do they know Cheeto ped?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So so you have no So the only thing I can think is that you might have helped Angel find an investor for this, because didn't you You guys found investors for Grinders.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Right, so seated underbelly of the Roddi family.
Speaker 6: So so, so he might have been thanking you for helping him find the money. Is that the I mean, there's nothing else you would have?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no idea. It's a mystery.
Speaker 2: We love you, thank you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go back to recording.
Speaker 6: We just thought maybe there was a more of a story there, but I kind of figured you guys wouldn't.
Speaker 3: No, it's just King Strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, it could be a different one, all right.
Speaker 3: I love you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Sounds like Angel VICKI may have been in the mabarati. I'm telling you, where are they getting money from?
Speaker 5: Geez.
Speaker 4: Danielle is now convinced that your mom asked if Arthur was included because it may have been another king Strap, which is, oh, honey, was Arthur in there?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 6: She was trying to go on the theory that they like the name to give out credits for it's a different schew.
Speaker 5: Ridiculous.
Speaker 1: There are also some outtakes of Andrew getting hit in the face for a shot.
Speaker 3: Why does that repeat fourteen jobs? I was like, I am on acid right now, I.
Speaker 4: Can't think it was the same shot over.
Speaker 3: It was audio repeating that. I was trying to be crazy. I was like, and I don't because angels laugh because it sounded familiar to me. I was like, I think that's Angel laughing.
Speaker 5: Can we pull that up? I didn't. I don't think I saw that part. I don't think I watched it to the end. I watched it, but brilliant, but it goes over and over.
Speaker 11: Ready ready, ready, ready, ready ready.
Speaker 4: See that last one is okay, so the last different, last is different. It does this, Oh, the producers would like to thank you. I will say that I do think that that has a real David Lynch quality to it.
Speaker 5: At the end of time, that was really weird almost. I mean in the set, like I told you guys, it wasn't a great I wonder if it was almost like their little way of being like, yeah, like this is what it was like making this video for us, because.
Speaker 2: It was really that's really weird, really weird so many times.
Speaker 5: So that's a strange part.
Speaker 3: Do you remember anything about any kind of marketing they tried to do on this? No, I don't think they did, because how do you not take this to every single team magazine and sell it through every single makes a lot more sense than Grinders because Grinders.
Speaker 5: Is a mess. This was this was in the magazine was It was definitely skiing video, but it's not.
Speaker 3: There's no instruction for us a break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our part of it, but the actual the skating part is is pretty legendary and editing is totally crazy.
Speaker 5: And again, you guys are doing that at the time, even before all of I mean at the same time as skating, like regular skating, skateboarding like it was, and that was a big deal in skating was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems it could have could have airborne brink. These are all movies that were big in the in line.
Speaker 5: Wait, just to be clear, that's on YouTube as well, right, because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to were alone.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, we're grinders online is next. We're doing the whole the whole universe of Marvel Cinematic University, and we.
Speaker 2: May even make the Funny.
Speaker 3: Universe.
Speaker 5: Be careful with the grinders out there, concerned.
Speaker 1: We The credits also list an orthopedic surgeon and a director of chiropractic studies that endorse the video.
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't google them. I gave them the benefit of the doubts.
Speaker 3: Doctor Pepperatti or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that young Boxerati Andy would like to say? Let's see if you can get clip number ten.
Speaker 10: Well, keep your eyes over for a Fucarati video.
Speaker 4: I think he's wrong.
Speaker 2: My eyes are still open, red, still been waiting.
Speaker 1: Andrew, thank you for allowing us to spend this time with you rewatching Boxerati. Isn't it nice when you rewatch something that in your mind's eye you think is going to be awful and then.
Speaker 2: You're very pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm still struggling with it because it's literally it's interesting. It's one of those memories of something you literally tucked away. But I do agree with you. Watching I was like, oh, it's so much worse in my imagination than I haven't seen it again. But there's still there's still the memory that I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, well yeah, And then watching watching about ten minutes if you get punched in the face at the end there.
Speaker 5: That's the part that I think I remember. Maybe it was just getting hit in the face so many times memory, But no, it was one thing I didn't ask.
Speaker 3: How old were you when you were doing this?
Speaker 2: We must have been it was ninety five, so what year were you born?
Speaker 5: Seventy and sixteen, so ninety sixteen.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: I would have been on I would have had to have been on thunder Alley by then, which was ready so almost almost obviously we met there, so yeah, obviously just after so it was like fifteen sixteen when I was doing that show. That's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: If you ever changed your mind and with what you're doing now and you decide you want to be a fitness instructor.
Speaker 5: It seems that we're going to bring back the rotis. I think all of us know.
Speaker 3: You guys just say untapped market. That's not even a joke. This is an untapped When we get this.
Speaker 5: Done, it's going to be seniors.
Speaker 2: We're going to get tweens dance. We'd been going to the kids.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's going to be long enough now where it's like just what you need to do at our age, just.
Speaker 3: Two hours.
Speaker 2: Andrew, thank you for being here with us.
Speaker 5: That was so much fun. Yeah, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy the dinner.
Speaker 5: Was so good? I don't know if people are going to see that, but I was completely surprised. I was so surprised because I was already in my my PJ hasn't even mentioned.
Speaker 1: I really just I mean I got a video of it. When you showed up, you committed to the bit we told you we were having a slumber party.
Speaker 2: Did somebody ask you to wear pajamas?
Speaker 3: I just did it on your on your own. Thank you.
Speaker 5: You just don't get to wear your Unicorn onesie enough. So when I looked at my closet, I was like, it's you.
Speaker 3: Tonight, wonderful.
Speaker 2: I love it well. Thank you for being here with.
Speaker 5: Joy the night and I'll be out there eating habi.
Speaker 3: Waiting for watching to sleep outside.
Speaker 5: We're all staying right, okay.
Speaker 1: Sweet, thank you and love you much so much. Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets World Show at gmail dot com. And we have merch.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, Mercharati doesn't have to try except for Chewie Papadopoulos or whatever.
Speaker 1: AARTI merch podmeets worldshow dot com. Also, do not forget the box. Sarati is on YouTube. You can go and check it out now. So you know the genius that we just recapped. UH will send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed. Pod Meets World isnheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmetsworldshow at gmail dot com