Speaker 1: Hey, it's a Sunday edition, of course, of your Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Bricka Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I am freaking out a little bit right now because I was just eating a salad out in the hallway, not standing in the hallway eating it. I was at my desk, okay, but I bit off part of the plastic fork.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I like it. Well, I spit out what it was in my mouth, but I still now, I'm like paranoid. It's in my throat.
Speaker 3: That happened to me the other day, but it wasn't in my mouth. I actually like part of it. I heard it break. I was missing one of the times and I was looking.
Speaker 4: I could never find it in myself.
Speaker 2: I broke a fork here today too. I'm not even kidding. Yeah, the sporks are cheap. Yeah, I'm an.
Speaker 5: We demand silver forces, right only.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna go metal. But I like your idea, okay, all right?
Speaker 1: So today is always a little special feature, a little something different that we do on our full show, and we want to bring it over here and see what you guys think.
Speaker 2: It's definitely relationship drama.
Speaker 1: If you've heard the say yes to the X segment that we've done before. That's where we just try and help someone get back together with their ex. And I'm just gonna tell you today today, celebrity impressions play a major role.
Speaker 2: Yes, it brought me a lot of delight. Jose was really on points impression. So I think you're really gonna enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Sit back and I'll let you know how the fork turns out later say yes to the acts only on the Home with the second Date update, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: If there's one thing that we know about seduction, it's guys who do character impressions get all the ladies. Yeah, am I right?
Speaker 6: Jose?
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: You just can't tell everyone on social rejected a lie.
Speaker 5: That's why we were baffled, wondering how on earth does our listener who does a flawless Shrek voice get dumped by the love of his life over it. Yeah, Yeah, we won't stand for that, will we.
Speaker 6: Team.
Speaker 5: That's rally.
Speaker 3: We're going to grab our torch and pitch forks and peel back the layers of this.
Speaker 5: Onion as we chest down. He's happily ever after. Ain't a brown new say yes to the act. Oh my God, tell her when we're gonna do it?
Speaker 6: Don't care?
Speaker 4: Wait what time is it next?
Speaker 5: Don't kyd coming up?
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Alexis, when you look back at your dating life, who would you say is the one that got away?
Speaker 2: Big question?
Speaker 5: And by god away, I mean he ditched you in the subway tunnels below London after you puked on his arsenal.
Speaker 1: Probably the one who hadn't the visa expired.
Speaker 5: Because for a lot of people, there is that one person, that one old flame from your past that just didn't work out back then for whatever reason. But you've always thought, maybe there's a chance that we've both matured enough where we could be great together.
Speaker 2: Now. I love those rose colored glass let's go.
Speaker 5: Just need the chance, And today we're giving that opportunity to someone to find out with another addition of say yes to the X Yes. One of our listeners reached out for help today. His name is Art, so Art Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, I'm so excited to hear what made you write.
Speaker 6: In Well, me and my ext Lisa. We broke up about six months ago.
Speaker 2: That is too long, Okay, you're doing okay.
Speaker 6: I mean it hasn't been great since then, if I'm being honest. Okay, you know we were together for like almost two years, so.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, you know I haven't been there art, but I can understand what you're going through.
Speaker 2: God, is this the Jeff I've never been done before a moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, those are just facts, brocap with their facts. You can't be mad at truth.
Speaker 1: So most people, I mean I think everybody else could we have a lot of empathy for you.
Speaker 2: We've been in this place before. It's hard. It takes longer than six months.
Speaker 3: It's been six months, because usually it's like six years and you're like, now I have clarity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well tell us more about Lisa and your guys' relationship.
Speaker 6: Well, you know how long relationships are. Sometimes after a while, you kind of get on each other's nerves and oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think anybody, Yeah, after a year it's like can't I stand them?
Speaker 2: Or not? No?
Speaker 4: Years seems kind of short, but yeah, well, I mean that's.
Speaker 2: When you really know, like if you're going to keep going.
Speaker 4: So okay, so when did that happen for you and Lisa?
Speaker 6: I mean it's like kind of near the end. Maybe it's in the last like two three months, and you know, I felt like I was really getting on her nerves near the end there. For example, like she got mad at me because like I couldn't spell the word definitely in the text.
Speaker 4: Oh definitely. That's a tough one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always rely on her correct for that.
Speaker 6: But I I mean, she just like laid into me, and then like when I got home, she like was quizzing me, quizzing you. It was like a spelling bee.
Speaker 5: What was she like an English teacher or something.
Speaker 6: No, that's like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, that couldn't have felt good.
Speaker 1: That would feel like your partner's like trying to make you feel stupid. I feel like it's like she's already annoyed everything he doesn't like, she's trying to prove to herself how dumby is something.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not dumb or I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that's not what I meant.
Speaker 3: But seriously, if a girl gets it in her head, they'll be on edge like it.
Speaker 2: They'll be anybody, Yeah, anybody.
Speaker 5: So was it just the misspelled words that caused the tension?
Speaker 4: Or was there other stuff?
Speaker 6: I mean there was like other stuff like inside jokes and stuff we had, Like she used to like always laugh at my Shrek.
Speaker 5: Voice and you can do a Shrek voice.
Speaker 6: Oh I retired it. I don't do it anymore. Reminds you of her.
Speaker 4: It's just a bedroom thing. That's fine, bedroom everybody. We don't judge. That's great.
Speaker 2: It's really funny.
Speaker 4: Cute, is what you mean. It's really cute.
Speaker 2: Did she change? Did she not enjoy your Shrek voice anymore?
Speaker 6: No? She just like stopped laughing every time I did it, and then I just stopped doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I fast forward, Like, are we gonna call her try to get her back? Like, what makes you think six months has passed and now she's ready?
Speaker 2: She misses Shrek.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: The trailer for the new one, Like it is usually about six months between every new Shrek film, so that's about the amount of time it takes to recess. But seriously, like, what makes you think you're ready?
Speaker 6: I'm just so bombed, man, I'm just like so bombed without her. And you know, my mom keeps like harping on me, and she's like, aren't you gonna like at least try to fight for your relationship. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, she wasn't very kind to you at the end, Like obviously it sounds like she was no.
Speaker 5: Bawling And honestly, we are only hearing one side of the story. This is this is what Art thinks broke them up. There may be something totally different that his girlfriend Lisa would have.
Speaker 4: Said that's actually true.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, she may have loved the Shrek and just used it as an excuse. She's like, it's his donkey, I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Stay as an excuse. Jeff, I don't know about that, but I just we don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, it just sounds like all I'm saying is it sounds like she was not as nice as she could have.
Speaker 2: Been towards the end, like just making fun of them for not being able to spell.
Speaker 5: For God's sakes, well, now are you in a better place?
Speaker 4: Can you spell?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh, he's putting me on the spot.
Speaker 1: Call this woman and she's like, this is the defining moment, whether or not go write it down somewhere.
Speaker 5: She wants to see that you've changed enough. Probably if you wanted to take you.
Speaker 6: Back the only thing that's changed isable.
Speaker 3: Okay, but maybe someone else is gonna be like the reason for your happiness.
Speaker 2: But listen, maybe she's miserable too. Maybe she's sitting back there and regretting being so hard on you for all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, miserables do make it happy in.
Speaker 2: The math work, yeah, I think that's the math.
Speaker 4: I think so couple's math.
Speaker 5: And we should find out what she's going to say, because, as you know, Art, you gave Lisa's number to our producer. He got her on the phone and she just doesn't know that it's you waiting on the other line.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, when was the last time you talked to her?
Speaker 6: So it's a dog park, like maybe like four months ago, and she kind of just ignored me. Oh maybe it's because I didn't like have a dog just to see her.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's different, okay.
Speaker 6: Which I kind of was.
Speaker 4: But maybe she was.
Speaker 5: Fighting her own feelings because they were so strong. But so she's there, she doesn't know who's on the other line. It's a mystery person to her. But I'm gonna tell you some new information here. Apparently she has been dating. Our producer found that out.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: She's dating other people, but.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, they're not you, you know, in.
Speaker 5: His trek voice, I'm sure is nowhere near as immaculate as yours, whoever they are.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't matter. We're going to see what happens. Yeah, we're going to see what.
Speaker 5: Happens when we connect you with your ex girlfriend Lisa when we do say yes to the X coming up right after this.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do it if she's like dating another dude.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, in a relationship.
Speaker 4: It's like a multitude of duke.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to make him feel better worse.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll say something nice during the break, and then when we come back we'll continue say yes.
Speaker 4: To the X.
Speaker 2: Right, I got your back.
Speaker 4: Art, it's happening right after this.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of say yes to the X with our listener.
Speaker 4: Art.
Speaker 3: Yes, these are like kind of I wouldn't say, Tanseman, there's something going on.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm a little worried.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it is.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Art's been missing his ex girlfriend Lisa after they split up about six months ago, hasn't fully gotten over it, and feels like he was a better happier person when they were together, when she wasn't criticizing his spelling areas. So do they say some people make you a better person, right?
Speaker 4: They compliment you. Yeah, at least they think they're trying to make you better.
Speaker 5: So he gave us Lisa's number, and our producer has reached out to her. She's agreed to be on the show with us. She's waiting on hold right.
Speaker 2: Now, but she has no idea. It's to talk to art.
Speaker 5: No, she just knows somebody is wanting to reach her and speak to her about something.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know who yet.
Speaker 5: So it could be hurt.
Speaker 3: She thinks it's her favorite artist, Taylor Swift wants to talk to her, and she's gonna end up talking to her.
Speaker 4: Maybe. I mean it's kind of a.
Speaker 1: High high right yeah, hell yeah, I'm just worried about art. Art.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 6: I don't know, kind of nervous. And I just have one question for you guys. Yeah, should I do the Shrek course for her?
Speaker 5: You think or considering she said she didn't like it?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: That's where she literally said she didn't like it.
Speaker 6: No, she didn't say she didn't like it. You just stopped laughing at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, does she have to say? It could be it could be worth a shot, like I might bring her back to that mental place in her life where.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh yeah, I love you.
Speaker 1: Can we just say maybe you can use it as a last resort, because that's how reliable it is.
Speaker 3: If she if we need a quick laugh, keep that in your pocket, brother, because that's going to crack the room up.
Speaker 6: Okay, done and done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Actually I haven't heard in this succession about anything.
Speaker 5: We finally have some upward momentum. Okay, let's get Lisa on the phone here, stay quiet until we call you on.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, okay, okay, here we go. Let's punch her up.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Lisa, Hey, Lisa, Lisa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so obviously you know you're on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and just want to thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: What do you think when our producer reached out to you.
Speaker 7: I was a little throne, but I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah you should be.
Speaker 5: That's the right emotion because I don't know if you're familiar with us but we do a lot of dating segments on this show, and we've got somebody very very special waiting on the other line hoping to talk to you. Okay, do you have any guesses about who that might be?
Speaker 4: Is it Luke?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Keep going, maybe guess again now it's not Luke.
Speaker 4: Luke would never do anything this brave.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, is it Andrew?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Right, we're dating more people.
Speaker 4: Than I thought.
Speaker 2: We're getting farther away from this.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll give you a max of thirty more guesses.
Speaker 4: Let's keep going. O.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I'm just gonna tell you this. It's a guy that you dated for a few years. Actually, his name's Art.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm okay. I thought this was like a new dating Okay.
Speaker 2: That's a positive response.
Speaker 4: That could be a newer dating thing in a way.
Speaker 5: He is kind of new and improved since six months ago. Yeah, and more mature. Since you're already on the phone, maybe you should just talk to him because he is waiting on the other line.
Speaker 6: Seriously, very serious.
Speaker 4: Art, are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, haleus. Sorry, this is a little awkward. I just didn't know how to talk.
Speaker 7: To you, right, Okay, I mean, I guess like stalking me at the dog park wasn't the best option a few months back. But let's try this.
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean I was there. I was just I was meeting a friend there.
Speaker 7: Okay, what do you need? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it's just like you know, I mean, I guess it sounds like you're dating a lot of guys and it's probably gotta suck, like dating is a bummer, right, Like, No, it's.
Speaker 7: Actually really great. I'm having a fantastic time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean everyone says that, but I'm sure like on the inside you're kind of sad and maybe you like missed the stability of being in around relationship.
Speaker 7: Is that something your mom told you to tell me?
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean, look, I just I want to let you know that, like I've had a lot of growth since we broke up, and it's like I know that like there was some things that I did that annoyed you, but like I've really worked on that and like I even like took a class online on how to be less annoying.
Speaker 4: Okay, this one.
Speaker 7: Smells of your mom. She was always in her business. She's sign you up for the class.
Speaker 6: No, I sign myself.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 6: My mom was like the rock in our relationship, Like, yeah, he gives me good advice. She gave you great advice. You know, between the three of us, she gave us both a lot of great advice.
Speaker 7: Art, that's part of the problem. I'm not in a relationship, nor do I want to be in a relationship with your mom.
Speaker 3: Is that what's happening?
Speaker 5: Are you saying that if he is willing to ditch his mom.
Speaker 2: Again, Art, did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I guess I just feel like we were probably better together than we were apart. We were a really good champ.
Speaker 1: I mean, if his mom stepped back from the relationship, I mean maybe maybe that was actually the problem, which isn't necessarily Art's fault.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's part of his fault because he's allowing his mom to be in the relationship. There was just so many other issues that I mean, I don't have time to get into it on a radio show right now, man, Okay.
Speaker 2: No, that Art needs to hear them all again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this might be them to bust out the Shrek.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, he told you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we love it.
Speaker 7: You know, I didn't mind it until he farted at a work event that I had, and then, in his Shrek voice, said better out than in.
Speaker 8: I always thought, well, I mean, that's like really good Shrek impression.
Speaker 2: That is not That's not going to prove your maturity.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Consumer is the thing that brings everybody together. So look, Lisa, the name of this segment is called say Yes to the X. And now that you've had a couple of minutes to get reacquainted with your ex, we're just wondering, would you be willing to take a chance, a leap of faith and at least meet up with Art one more time? Maybe grab some coffee and hear him out, because I'm sure it's fun to be single and dating and hooking up with all these random hot guys having no responsibilities and just pour seven you could have just well, Art is the steady old wooden ship in the stormy seas of love.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you know.
Speaker 5: What, forget it, Art, I'm gonna step away and let you take over.
Speaker 4: Say whatever you need to say to Lisa.
Speaker 6: I mean, you remember, like when we were kind of getting down with it and I would pull out the all right, you're getting on the right way for to smeck butt them.
Speaker 4: It was a bedroom take, Lisa, did that? Swear you?
Speaker 7: I have to say, when you lay it all out there, I'm gonna choose the other guys. Okay, guys, yeah, you guys. I'm I'm sorry, Art.
Speaker 6: I wish you the best. We had our time, but it's done. I mean you think if it feel like it doesn't work out between you and those other guys, I could be shot back to you and in like six months absolute psolutely not.
Speaker 4: All right, man, I'm sorry. It's a say no to the X on this this round.
Speaker 2: Remember this is your jumping off point.
Speaker 6: There I go.
Speaker 4: I hate to hear you dejected like this.
Speaker 1: Art.
Speaker 5: Look, we've never done this before, but we all really like you, and I'm going to give you one free say yes to the X segment. If you get into another relationship and she breaks up with you, you get a free beyond the House.
Speaker 2: All of our segments are free. Well, nobody pays anything to be on this show.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know that, Brooke. Okay, we're all rooting for you.
Speaker 6: She's rooting for me to get together with someone, and then she breaks up with me and I have to get her on the radio.
Speaker 5: We're desperate for content art, Yes, that's our hope.
Speaker 2: Or I'll just buy you a drink.
Speaker 1: Sometimes she wants to hear that Shrek accent.
Speaker 6: I r L.
Speaker 2: You stop it.
Speaker 6: I love what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Office off the Table, Now are broken, Jeffrey In the morning, I