Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies, what do you got from me today? We're going to talk about monsters or under the bed.
Speaker 3: If they're real or not real? No, no, monsters.
Speaker 2: I do actually have something regarding school, okay, and it was a great debate this morning in the house. We could talk about that, or we could talk about anything else that is I feel like a therapist right now. Is there anything that you'd like to bring to the table today to talk about, because I've got my own agenda, But if you'd like.
Speaker 4: To talk about.
Speaker 3: You'd like to talk about.
Speaker 2: What you'd like to talk about. What's the energy you're bringing into the room today. I have something in mind. But and then usually it's like Walt the hours up, she was like, today was a good session. So like we'll just bookmark the last of things I've wanted to bring to you. So okay, so this you will have to give maybe your past opinion, KB okay, because your kids don't ride the school bus, okay, Okay, okay, So obviously Julian and Jason riding the school bus to school, and there are things happening on the school bus.
Speaker 3: I learned so use your path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I remember things on the bus as well that weren't great for anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I do not like the bush. Did you like the bus?
Speaker 4: I was kind of on and off on the bus. Sometimes I rode it. Sometimes I did it really Yeah, like sometimes parents took me sometimes. So I honestly don't have a ton of like memories of stuff stuff happening on the bus. I can remember getting on, I can remember getting off, but I don't have anything that was like triggering or I.
Speaker 2: Remember the school kids on the bus. I remember not being one of them. Yeah, for sure, it was kind of mine. Were y'all separate?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: And it's also what are we remembering and what grades? Because that's like a whole another ball game, because like when they're in elementary, I remember elementary, middle there. I remember in high school, I drove with my brother in the backseat.
Speaker 3: I wasn't allowed to talk to him.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you want to basically, yeah, basically got dropped off at the end of the parking lot so he could go to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Yeah, you got to go too.
Speaker 4: I get mean, I still might get it, but you know, Tuck and roll cat yep, Okay, that's fine. That was ane, but probably why probably started there or.
Speaker 2: That even wrote the book Rode where do I did ride the bus? And I only remember this because Andrew Bock. I wouldn't kiss Andrew back at the stops name and I would it shot and he dumped me because he called me prude at the bus stop. But I didn't want to get in trouble for kissing a boy and so I didn't. And he was my neighbor, so I knew it would get back to my mom. So I didn't kiss him. I got dumped. And I do remember that middle school bus journey. No, that was a good memory elementary.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't want to say it. Andrew Boch really came in at the wrong time. They were just coming a glossom for that one. I felt like I was just trying to be a really good friend. So okay, I can I know how to roast myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel good myself. Okay, So sorry, go continue.
Speaker 4: You don't really well, I was going to say with elementary school though, like did your school separate them out like kind of per grade?
Speaker 3: No, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I mean most elementary buses you're going to have your kindergarteners up front, and it's kind of go like to, oh until you're a fourth or fifth grade, are you in the back, to kind of separate them out a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's part of our shattering Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, has there been some intermingling seating? So there's also as sign seats on our bus.
Speaker 4: On this bus we've had both okay, and I don't really read the bus, but when they have.
Speaker 2: Which it was the first day of school, the whole thing leading up, Jase was so nervous to take it on the bus, never been on a bus before. Obviously they didn't he didn't do the practice thing at McKay's, and so.
Speaker 3: I was pret you have a butterfly on your foot because I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: Julio were dripping for Okay, Julie Cooper, Julie Cooper and I have the same one, the same she's in Michigan somewhere right now with our twin.
Speaker 3: Soul boater and and your back in Michigan. She's she's still on her food stage. We're never going back. Okay, Okay, Wow, sorry guys is listening right now? Okay, the most natural conversation though, like and me over here, like literally, if anyone else, if anyone wonder, Wow, that just summed up relationships. If anyone ever wonders what it's like to be on the road or in a room with us, this is it one. Hey guys, are we going to get back to the name? There? I go, what were we talking about?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Okay? So okay, So leading up to the first time riding the bus, uh.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jace is really scared, and I'm like, it's fine, you're gonna sit next to Jolie. You're gonna sit next to Jolie. Well, I didn't know they were a signed. They'd never been a signed. This is the first year that they're doing actually a sign seating on the bus. So there is like mayhem on the bus. The kids are all standing up, and I'm trying to find the window because I'm ready to like do the wave by and like cry and you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So I scene and so everyone's standing up, and then I see Jase come around and his eyes are starting to well up because he can't sit next to Jolie, and I'm like, so then I get upset, right, and I'm like you can sit next to Jolie. He's like, no, Mommy, they're a signed because she's in third so she's like farther back. Uh, so he ends up staying next to this. You know, they figure it out. Pam has to get on the bus because she's like, what's going on? You know, the moms are all like up in a roar, So it PAMs. Pam gets on the bus, and so Jace is sitting next to some girl or whatever I think in a different neighborhood. And anyways, they go to school. Well, Jace, Jason Jolie kind of both came to me and they're like, Mommy, we don't like riding the bus anymore. The kids are they're they're pushing Jace, which just breaks my little heart because I'm like, which kids, you know what I mean. But then this morning I was going to drop them off at school, and I had not talked to Alan about it yet, but I was like, Hey, I think I'm going to start driving the kids to school and then on the way back the bus rides like a forty minute bus or something. I think I'm going to start picking them up from school because that sometimes he'll take the bus, maybe to school and then I'll pick them up because that bus ride is so long. Jason's complaining his stomach's hurting him when he gets home from school, just because like the long ride. And he's like the kids are being loud. He's like, there's they're like saying things, calling them a month stir like just like being and then the fourth and fifth they're coming up like and trying to like sit next to them. Well, the bus driver's not of the most assertive, like you know, bless him, like it's a hard job, right, but he's also not vocal with like kids sit down, like they're staying up. It's like it's a madness on that bus, like when they're pulling up. So I don't know what to do. And Alan he goes, well, babies, like they're kids, they need to just like learn and and my stance is I'm like, well, I'm going to take them and not have them ride the bus if they don't want to ride the bus.
Speaker 3: What are your all's take on that? I don't even let me go to school? But I think we know my answer. I mean, yeah, I say pick up, drop off if you can't.
Speaker 2: Also you live close to the school, Yes, and I remember part of the reason I didn't love the bus is because we lived so close to the school, but we were last to be dropped off, so it was like forty minutes to an hour after And then like, am I literally seeing like all parts of Washington County? But I could get dropped off my own home, right, Andrew tired. Yeah, Alan's just more like tough love on it.
Speaker 3: And I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm like, can we meet in the middle somewhere on it? But I'm also curious to hear your take.
Speaker 4: I mean, I see boets, I think so. We live literally across the street from the school.
Speaker 3: My kids can walk.
Speaker 4: But for a little while, Ramsey was wanting to ride the bus because her other little friend in the neighborhood was riding the bus.
Speaker 3: So I let her.
Speaker 4: Then they got assigned seats, she couldn't sit with her. Don't like the bus anymore, don't want And they started combining buses.
Speaker 3: Do they do that for y'all?
Speaker 4: So they have even more people at least for us, it's like our best route. Like now, let's say we used to have ten buses within our school. It's not but now we have five, Like they cut it down so it's a longer route and more people and all that. So that happened. Assigned seats happened. She asked not to and I was like, absolutely, don't have to.
Speaker 3: But she can walk.
Speaker 4: So again, I don't disagree with Alan. I do think that he is in school and it's not going to happen just on the bus. Sure, so I do think that he is going to have to get used to some of those things. But at the same time, if you can just take him to school, why put him through that part of it. I don't think that there's really and I do think that the bus is a place that it can get really rowdy, rowdy, out of control fast. Depending on your bus driver. They can be either really mean or really nice. Like it can get very tricky. I know a lot of people don't have the option to not ride the bus, so I think that you, you know, could work through that, but if you have the option, I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I literally wrote it life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's different just because of Jason's personality and that he's in kindergarten.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 2: I love them building confidence and a love for school. So whatever that takes at the beginning and then introduce reality as it goes on. But like, no, I agree, yeah, like the amount of our bodies like six years ago. So I have a hard time being.
Speaker 4: Like that, right, get off the bus right from I mean, I can definitely be a tough love person, and I can, I can definitely understand that, but when it comes to kids, it depends. It truly depends. I mean I can be Mama bear and like we're not doing this, you know, and be very sensitive to my kids.
Speaker 3: So that just depends.
Speaker 4: And I don't disagree with Alan that Jace is going to have to slowly start learning these new things and getting used to the older kids and hearing things that he's not. I mean, the getting called a monster and stuff like that. I would want to kill the kid too, like trust me, right, trust me, But it only gets worse, so they do. You can't protect them from all of it, I know, as much as I would love to protect my kids from all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that's kind of what Alan is, like he's going to hear I'm like, well no, because he's in a kindergarten classroom, Like I'm not objecting him to be how though a monster? Well, I mean any other thing like if he's not in, he'll be more here.
Speaker 4: It's more like right right, I mean, I think those age kids boys, they're going to call him that anyway. That's going to happen at that age now hearing age appropriate things.
Speaker 3: There are still.
Speaker 4: Chances for that in elementary school, maybe not in kindergarten, but as they get a little bit older, you are still going to be kind of around. But again, protect what you can protect, you know. And that's kind of my thing, Like, yes, I think we have to talk to them about it. We have to talk with them how to handle the situations and all that, but that doesn't mean we just put them in those situations every chance we get.
Speaker 3: I agree, it's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Also, I love efficiency, and I know picking up is non efficient sometimes because those school lines get crazy. Yeah, but at the same time, it's the least I can do to reiterate my schedule for my kids, you know what I mean, and make sure that they're and feels good well.
Speaker 4: And you are blessed to be able to be here, to be able to do that. And that's one thing that I've always said too to my kids, like I am here working. Not everyone has that chance. If you have a child, a friend that needs to be in a home because they don't have and I can't tell you how much that will start coming up. You know a lot of parents aren't home in the afternoons in the evenings, and as they get older, they don't even have rides half the time, you know what I mean. So it's like it all like we're blessed to be able to be in a position to be able to do that if we need to.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Julie was talking about food because just another conversation with a dinner or whatever, and you know, I'm like, Jason should be lucky that people, you know, you even have food. And we come as conversations and Julie is like, can we go build houses for people? And I'm like, when you get to like a couple more years, I'm like, yes, we'll all we'll all take our kids and go somewhere.
Speaker 3: Which great. But anyways, have you guys do Tory Debido is living in Michigan.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of questions the same. Let's put it on. Hi. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, how are you?
Speaker 2: Congrats on the bump, Thank you, thank you, because you're doing what November. Yes, November okay, Oh my goodness. So do we have an actual November date, like something is top of November end, because I've got a November thirteenth and twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, So November twenty November twenty fourth is her due date?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, on oh, that would be Thanksgiving sometimes sometimes yes.
Speaker 1: And then I didn't even think of this myself, but somebody said, like, it doesn't matter if she's even born on Thanksgiving this year. She's born within that week. Within seven years, at some point, she's going to be born on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh right, duhh, okay, why Michigan because we're from Michigan.
Speaker 1: Oh you are, Oh my god. Well, I have a love affair with Michigan. I feel like I'm very spiritually connected to Michigan. I love everything about Michigan, all the different places we can go to. But my mom is originally from Michigan. Oh so I grew up coming to see my cousins and my grandma and everybody every summer. And then when I was doing Chicago med in Chicago, my mom had moved when I was nineteen to Saga Tak Michigan. I don't know if you know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's a.
Speaker 1: Two hour drive from Chicago, so I would go back and forth and just stay there all the time. And I just like love being near Lake Michigan. So then I bought a farm near my mom. And then I'm in my fiancee and he's from Michigan, and we like travel around like the Tusky. I haven't even been up to the Uni yet, and I'm like, I just it's so beautiful and there's so many little artsy, cute towns that I just fall in love with every time I go. I'm like, I'm never leaving.
Speaker 3: We have a place up in Gaylord.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't been there yet.
Speaker 3: Is that near where is It's close to Traversity Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just went to travel the first time. It's always beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you. Have you've done a winter yet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: She did Chicago, which is like brutal.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've done two winters. You know. I love snow.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is perfect.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. The winters help you appreciate the summer more.
Speaker 3: I think I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are the perfect little Michigan heart, you know. What I mean, like this is back in in like five it's really charming for a minute, and I'm just kidding, actually super love it. We were just saying, it's like the most stunning time of year up there right now, Like this is the season. There's nothing like Michigan summers or falls. I even brainstormed, like us getting a place next summer and like letting my because my husband travel so much during the summer. I thought, what if we just like camp out up there, you know, and he could come in and out because it's just there's newly things that I like it. We could like get next door. Because Alan always like, would you move back to Michigan. I'm like, oh, that's such a challenging question because I do love Michigan so much, got friends there, family obviously, But like I just I can't do the winter that long.
Speaker 1: See, for me, it's the spring. The spring starts to kill me because that's when you feel like, oh it's start being like a little bit warmer and flowers and stuff, and the spring can be just as brutal as the winter, and that's when you're like, Okay, we're done with this, it's over. Why is this still happening. That's when I start to go down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But when you're putting blankets on your tulips, you're like, here we go again. It's gonna goat Yeah.
Speaker 3: So question for you.
Speaker 2: You were obviously on One Tree Hill and then Pretty Little Lie. You've been on a bunch of shows, but what was the biggest difference between One Tree Hill and Pretty Little Liar set that you remember?
Speaker 1: Well? One Tree Hill, I remember being very nervous going into that show because it was the first show that I felt like I was doing that. Like a ton of people were watching, So I remember being very excited and very nervous. And when I came in, I came in in season five, so people already had their dynamics. There was a lot going on already, and I felt like it had a bit of a darker energy, Like I didn't really love being there. I loved doing the job, and I got to work mostly with Joy and she was so lovely and me and michaeleb McManus came in at the same time and built like a really good friendship. But other than that, I kind of like kept to myself and played my brain games on the Nintendo DS in my room by myself all the time. It was like a little depressing, but yeah, that job kind of made me really question, like, Okay, am I really equip to do this, because it's like a very it was. It was not the brightest set, and I was like, I'm feeling very depressed. Pretty little liars. On the other hand, like I felt like I was there from the pilot and everybody got along really well. And I loved that job because I felt like I would just pop in and pop out and like do my thing and then go So yeah, I was just totally different, totally different.
Speaker 2: I mean I could definitely empathize with you on that because I can say that clicks were formed. I mean it was even you know, more so even a couple of years after that too, so and I get that, like it would definitely is you know, I totally hear what you're saying, and that's sad that it made you question kind of the route you It's like, if this is even what you want to do, that's that's that's pretty well.
Speaker 1: There were so many i mean, for lack of a better word, egos on that set, and I remember walking in and being like, oh my gosh, do I want to be around this always? I don't know, maybe not, maybe I do. I stuck it out clearly and learned a lot luckily, but but yeah, I was. I was really nervous, I think most of the time going into that set because I just didn't know what to expect. But luckily, my character was so crazy and this and that that I got to use that nervous energy for her, so it worked.
Speaker 3: How was working on Chicago.
Speaker 1: Chicago was amazing because we all started that out together and we wanted it to be great. And I felt like it was the first time that I was doing like a quote unquote adult viewed show, and so I was like very excited.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I was working with like Oliver Platt and as he paid the Murgerson and I was like, oh my god, this is so cool, and everybody just was there for the It felt like they were there for the work, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like teen shows sometimes like are more like glitz and glam and like, oh, you know, let's all go out and party in this and that, which is fine when you're younger, but this set was like it was just I felt like I learned so much as far as like acting, and you know, just in the conversations I would have and I built a lot of really really deep forever friendships on that show, which I love. The winter did suck there. I will say that filming outside in the Chicago winters.
Speaker 3: Well, and then the wind Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Chicago, but I couldn't do it. Yeah, I mean it's like there in that like the negative whatever wind. Child just just cursing at the wind. It hurts to your soul. At that point, you're just like, I'm personally offended by weather. Okay, So how did you meet your husband? And forgive me if this is like a big public thing, but I want to know how you landed a Michigan dude, because Michigan dudes are pretty first of all, Michigan girls totally rockes. But there's some sort of grit that Michigan kids all grow up with. And I just had this talk with the Californian recently, because there's a lot of California here now in Nashville, and there's like a different grit that we have in Michigan. There's a different like learning and figuring out and like handymansh kind of vibes sometimes that.
Speaker 3: Michigan dudes have. So how do we meet, said Michigan dude. Yes, well, okay, so I he's a director, right, No, he's not.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that says that online. We laugh about that all the time. He actually him and his two brothers own their family business here in Michigan, which a mechanical contracting company. I do like HVAC plumbing, like all the things.
Speaker 3: And I made him right now, actually down here? Can he get down here?
Speaker 1: Yes? I will say. He did live in la for six years. He had a ton of friends that moved out to LA too, and he did like work in production here and there, and him and his friend wrote actually some really great shorts. I watched one of them. There was really good that he directed with him. But then he was like, okay, I think I want to I don't. He didn't love the instability of the industry, and so he made the decision come back and take over the family business. But I think it's so funny because every time he's written about online for some reason, he's like directory, He's like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: He's director of your heart and of airflow for that matter. So he's not not a director.
Speaker 1: No, I was. So. I just had finished Chicago med and I actually just went through a pretty bad breakup in Chicago. I got totally thrown for a loop with this person.
Speaker 3: Was that the marriage to Paul No?
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, and I got divorced like eleven years ago. Okay, no, No, this was a relationship I was in for about two years and anyways, he just ended up not being who I thought he was. And I found out, you know, he was on a dating app. Why we were to get you know, all the things that you find out in your life. This is awesome, Great, how did you find that out?
Speaker 2: Because people always ask me those questions like how did you find out that so and so was doing this?
Speaker 1: He liked my friend's profile accident, oh.
Speaker 2: Thing where I'm like, they're they're just stupid, so stupid, Like they're just like, be smarter if you're going to do it, And she was like.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. It's like, if you want to put yourself through that much stress, at least be smarter about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on. But also he gave you a gift by liking your friend. You know, you got to find out instead of seven years later and two kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know that's the thing, like.
Speaker 1: You can't have a reread, so you learn and grow for everything. But it's like, dear God, no, but I did feel very lucky that I did find out when I did, and it didn't go further because he actually went was on the app a week after he randomly pulled me into a ring shop to look at like rings. What, Yeah, it's just whatever. So anyways, went through that, and I was like, I don't want to live back in LA again. I don't want to move to New York. I thought about Nashville, but I was like, let me just park myself at the farm in Michigan, because I had gotten it as like kind of just a vacation place. So then let me just like park myself there and see, you know where I want to go next. And then I just fell in love with it and I wanted to stay. And my cousin knew my now fiance's brother from college, and she kind of knew my fance and she was like, I don't know, I knew this guy and like he loves reading and he just like his vibe Like I don't know, but I haven't talked to him since college, maybe I should reach out to him and see if he's single. And I was like, whatever, what I have? You know what I mean, what do I have to live? And she did and he was, and so we I was about to go do a movie and we talked for like a month just on text and phone and whatever, and then I came back and we met up on a date and then like the rest. But I literally felt like I was like living in a homework for me. You know, he has like the best flannels, He has a cute lab. He had like the restored jeep, like the old old car that was restored. Like this is not real, this is not real, but he's real.
Speaker 3: Yeah there. Does he play YOUKR?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I know does he like Ranch? Because I think that's another pre record that.
Speaker 1: Does not Branch? And he's gonna kill me for saying this. But I took him to Brooklyn to meet my family and like my dad and everybody, and my dad's full Italian, like New York guy, and we go to an Italian restaurant and he ordered pasta and they brought him out of spoon with his pasta and he looked at me He's like, why did they give me a spoon.
Speaker 3: Pasta? So then when are you guys getting Okay, so how long have you been with him for?
Speaker 1: We've been together for a year and a half. We got engaged pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I mean we're so yeah, so that's the same these That was like six months and then we got pregnant. So I just got married with an you know, I've a nine month old with my now husband. But we just got married a month ago. So like it's you know, and when we're forties, you know, forties club, it's like sometimes things full little backwards.
Speaker 3: I was in the thirties club and did the same, so I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: So that's when you know, you know, yeah, we're getting married actually in like two and a half weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Michigan.
Speaker 3: Yes you are. It's beautiful. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: That's so.
Speaker 3: Is it a big wedding small wedding?
Speaker 1: We have like our total count I think is like one thirty five.
Speaker 3: You add three more like.
Speaker 2: I can almost I can almost guarantee. My husband can't come, so it's just me. Other than we'll bring the snacks and the Okay, so this is I mean, this is good. Are do you are you keeping I are you keeping the relationship more private or because you've had such public relationships in the past, or kind of what's your where are you going with the how much you share about your relationship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I share as much as like he's comfortable with I don't force it, Like if somebody asked me something, I'm like very open about it, but I don't go out of my way to share it, which I think is like also another nice thing about him not being in the industry as well, because that's not really part of his thing. Like we did a little interview about the wedding together and like for leading after he was like, why did they why do they want why do they want me on the call? I don't understand? What do I do? What do I say? So he's fine with like whatever I want to do. It's not like he's been like I'm freaked out, don't put me out there. But it's just kind of like whatever organically works, we'll just kind of go with. But when it comes to the baby, we're definitely not gonna you know, we're not I'm not going really like posting her on my Instagram. I don't think maybe with like a little rainbow sticker over her face.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Yeah, I'm excited for you and a girl. It's a girl girl. And you went through you did IVF right?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Was this did you guys try before and then it just wasn't or what was kind of the path to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We both knew what we wanted. And I was like, well, you know, like I'm forty, so if we want to try this much golf right now? And you know, obviously it wasn't working, and we were doing all the ovulation things to make sure I was ovulating at the right time. So and I was like, and it's funny because years prior, I remember talking to my friends and just being like, I just have this feeling it's going to be difficult. Like I just kind of like knew it in my guy. So when it wasn't working for a certain amount of months, I was like, we should just talk to somebody, And so he found us somebody really great to talk to, the fertility center here in Michigan, and like, and we ran some tests and stuff and I had a very low egg count, like super super low and they were like, we would definitely recommend you doing IVF And luckily for us, we only had to do one cycle. Because I know so many people, it's like, I can't imagine it's such a grueling process. When you hear that people did it for like two three years, I'm like, oh my god. But but yeah, we only had to do one cycle, which was amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you sorry, did you do embryos or is it just uh do you still so? You do you still have embryos left?
Speaker 1: No, because we only got we got a certain amount of embryos and then they take those embryos and they put them through like you know, genetic testing and all the things, and out of all the embryos they got, we only had one and that happens to be the one in my stomach.
Speaker 2: O beautiful. Do you have her name already picked out? And are you public about it? We do, we do, and you're not public.
Speaker 3: We're not about the name not yet. Yeah, good for you, Good for you. We didn't tell anything. Yeah, no, same.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I do have a question that I'm this is selfish, but I really want to know because I know that your dad, you grew up very much in the entertainment industry, and my husband is in music, and probably Janna wonders the same thing because she's also obviously music and entertainment. But yeah, being so your dad was a drummer for Billy Joel, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you grew up in that world and what is that like as an adult because I'm raising three little ones right now and we have a data that has gone a lot, and like, just shoot it to me straight, Tori, Like we are we.
Speaker 3: On Resentment Island? Do we admire this man? Like you tell me all of the feeling.
Speaker 1: No, I have to be So. I traveled a lot with my parents until I was about in like second or fourth grade something like that, when they started like okay, well school should be a priority now. And I feel like being around that environment and growing up in that like really gave me like a strong head on my shoulder because luckily I always saw these you know, my mom's best friends is best friends with Stevie Nicks. My dad was touring with Billy Joel time, and I saw these people treat people very kindly from the time I was really young, no matter how they acted outside of when the kids were around. When the kids were around, they were all really respectful, and I felt like that being able to see the world and being able to see these like megastars be very kind really like helped mold my head from a very young age. I was grateful for that. And then as far as you know, Dad being gone, it was just like it was just kind of like what it was. Although I will say I've always up until who I'm with now, I've always dated guys that go out of town all the time, So I don't know what that says. But no, there would I never me and my sisters, I don't think any resentment would ever be said that Dad was traveling. It was kind of like, you know, we just knew that's what Dad did for work, and like it was like a cool thing, and it was just it was what it was. I think what was also helpful was that, you know, my mom, I think being from Michigan and growing up in life very humble beginnings, like she was very very frugal and like always made sure that we valued like the important things, and I think that that was really important. So no matter what we were doing, who were meeting, where we were going, my mom was always like very very grounding, which I think really was important.
Speaker 3: I could try out that's quite magical.
Speaker 2: But I feel like it's one of those things that it's what they know, like, yeah, your kids like that's It's not like it's something that he's randomly picked up and now all of a sudden he's he's been home all these years and days and then now he's leaving, Like this is just what they know. So it's kind of like to your point, too, tour, it's like that's just what you knew. Yeah, I had to run in with a gentleman here in Nashville whose dad was is a super super great star like musician, and it was just like it left this kind of like taste in my mouth of like, uh oh, you know, because he didn't feel how you felt, so I was I've always just gone like okay, but that's just the only one case, right, and that could also be. It could also just be that maybe that dad wasn't his intention on his home and like there's a million other things. No life is the same, but I love hearing that. And also because I'm a mom from Michigan, so like we do keep it pretty, you keep it very grounded. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and but it is like it is a it's tricky, you know, like he does miss a lot. I mean up to two hundred shows a year, so that's a lot of days and a lot of baseball games. As they get older, it's getting more emotional. So yeah, tricky. But I mean if my daughter's turned out like you, I would just be like, this is the best thing ever, Like sweet and humble and a farm in Michigan.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, look like, yeah, my grandpa took me to my daddy daughter dance when I was little. My dad didn't come to my high school graduation. He missed so.
Speaker 2: Much for sure, because Billy Joel is a huge act. Yeah, I mean, this isn't like your dad was like, yeah, I mean this is yeah, that's like.
Speaker 3: A huge a huge two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, but that's I think what you said is too. It's like how intentional they are when they are home, you know. And I mean back when this is a mi episode, so back in the day, we didn't have FaceTime or Skype or anything like that. It's like Dad would call maybe once a day from the hotel super expensive if he was like overseas, so it was like you'd get that one phone call at night and that was it. And still I didn't. But nowadays, with like FaceTime and everything, it's like if they're missing something, you can even put them on FaceTime at the graduation or something, you know what I mean. So it's like they see it still, which is so cool. I mean, my dad wasn't even at my birth. They were doing a show in London and Webley Stadium and I have actually the drumheads that say happy Birthday tory because my dad knew my mom went into labor, played the show and then flew home.
Speaker 3: So I think maybe I did a connect with your mom after this. But yeah, by the time.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, my dad wasn't at my birth either because he was, but he was he was in a wedding band.
Speaker 3: So there's a little bit of a of a difference here with this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my resentment, my my resentment might lie just a little bit heavier.
Speaker 3: Because my father it was somebody else. And wow, yeah, I'm not shocked.
Speaker 5: No, I love your dad, but wonderful. But yeah, London, Billy Joel, that I would understand, Billy Joel, I don't know the wedding that he missed.
Speaker 3: But hey, you know he's rocking it out. It's fine.
Speaker 2: It's all in his in his later hosand my God, which I crossed. Okay, so I can't what is what is the the biggest lesson I guess from from your past relationships? You know we've both been married. Uh, well I have been a couple, but you know I wasn't gonna leave you into that too, KB. But like my accent in the Michigan floating around somewhere, Yeah, yeah, jac from State Farm but on the stage. Oh sorry, But what is your biggest kind of lesson from the past that you're bringing into your new marriage.
Speaker 1: So this is going to sound a little complicated, because I never want it to sound like I feel because I am so grateful for every relationship I've been and I've never been in a healthy relationship until now, like it's always been. You know, especially when you're dating other like artists and actors and musicians, it just can get so complicated sometimes. But when I say this, it's not to say that there's any relationship that I ever wish would have actually lasted. It's just something I learned that you're gonna have crap with anyone, and it's like figuring out, like is this what I want to work on, because it's like your stuff is going to follow you every single place you go. Right Like there's relationships I've left before because I was like this is awful. I want this, But it was always like a fantasy thing I would have. I'd be like, oh, the perfect thing has to be out there. This is so bad, and yeah, the relationship was so bad and I should have left. But then I'd get into something new and realize, oh my god, this comes with a whole new things of wrong. And even in our relationship now, like I'm my Jared, my fiance is the most easy going, loving guy on the planet, and because of that, I'll find like little things coming up for me that I'm holding onto from like my past relationships that I've brought in here, and he's so willing to talk me through things and stuff, and I'm like, you're just gonna have stuff everywhere you go. And sometimes the grass isn't always greener, And I didn't you know what I mean, Like I kind of notoriously hop from relationship to relationship. I think I was always searching for something and I think like, especially after my divorce, I realized I was like, oh no, I'm not supposed to stay in that. But the grass isn't always greener. So it's like, if you find something that's worth working on, like work through it, you know what I mean, You're not going to find someone that you just have nothing with, you know.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I feel like we have a bag and sometimes it gets emptied and it always gets refilled, you know, our bag baggage that we bring.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I think it's easy to get blinded at what you said about like having like this to see like that's very similar to you where it's like you think it has to be this like amazing magical moment every second and that's just not always the Yeah, reality and the good stuff is worth like rounding the edges for I think absolutely I would rather have a marriage that has all that like grit and richness and tricky and whatever, like even cat and you have that with Nick.
Speaker 2: It's like, but it has like depth that way. If if you don't have that, you just are like kind of floaty, and maybe I'd rather get into the weeds of things right right, It's like yeah, you know, we all go through hard things. Let's let's work through it, go through the weeds of it, and then we come out stronger. Yeah that's the hope, right, but you both have to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And what I think is important though, is that you have the partner that's willing to do that work with you and will to go Okay, I see you're going through something right now, like let's figure this out, rather than like you're going through something you're crazy, Like that's right, you know, Okay, this is not the one for me. But if you want that person that like moves with you, like sees beyond what's going on and is like, okay, let's figure this out together. I think that's so beautiful. I always say, like, it's not about the fights, like couples argue and that's okay, it's like, how do you work through it? How do you get over it? Do you grow do you grow closer? Like that's all that matters to me, you know what I mean. It's like, this is life. I just so complicated all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I want to with you, Well, I just you and I wish that we worked on one tree hill at the same time. Because we would have just you know, I would have hung out with you in your trail.
Speaker 1: Everybody says that to me. That's works on the show. They're like, oh, because you and Janet you know her, right, you guys are friends. I'm like, I've never met her. They're like, oh my god, you guys are like Hillary and Sophia and joy of Also, they're like, you two are so similar. I can't believe you haven't met. You need to meet, and like, we just have never crossed the bats, you know.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad that we finally have and hopefully one day we can work together. That would be so fun. Okay, well, congrats on just everything, and we'll see you at the family reunion in Michigan.
Speaker 3: Very excited. I can't wait. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: But I do want to just say one more saying you are working with safe By. Can you just explain that and where people can get help?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely so. Safe Bay is a youth led organization that teaches kids about sexual consent and assault. And we go to their schools and we give them all the curriculum and they can create groups and actually the time that they spend are like the time for the college credits. I didn't go to college, so I don't know, like thick, that's I'm like, you know those times you can put towards your college credits to make Safe By groups And it's so beautiful, like it teaches kids to be empowered around their no and there yes, and it shows them their rights and it talks about, you know, all the things that you know your your teachers aren't talk to you to you about, and so it equips them with the just the empowerment of knowing where they can say no, where their rights are. And I've gone personally myself with Safe By so many schools and talk to these kids and we've had like auditoriums full, and it's just been like volunteer time, like it's not mandatory for them to show up when we come, and they're so eager to get this knowledge, especially the kids going into high school, especially young women going into high school that are like, you know, I'm not high school starry college that are like the statistics of getting sexually assaulted in college really scare me, Like, how can I be more aware of this? How can I be more preventative? How can I help my friends? What's the code we can have, And a lot of guys show up too, because they're like, you know, right now, I don't know how to approach a girl anymore. I don't want to be offensive, I don't want to be this. I don't know, I don't know what to do. And so it's really cool to see these kids show up and just be so eager to learn and want to talk about this stuff. It's really a beautiful organization.
Speaker 3: How did you get involved with that?
Speaker 1: I was watching this documentary on Netflix like seven eight years ago called Audrey and Daisy, and it's about these girls that were sexually assaulted and basically how the whole their towns. They were in different towns. It followed about four different girls and their towns just completely failed them and the justice system completely failed them. And it was so heartbreaking and so hard to watch that I looked up the girls afterwards and I saw that excuse me, pregnancy, I get this like acid read.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, like, every time you're breeding, I'm like, I remember how how she's breathing like that feat breath.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, proud that you've even sat the song.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I couldn't sit that long I was like, I know, I feel like you swallowed like the whole person, and they're right there.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's crazy. So I found the girls. I contacted them. I saw that they started this organization after the documentary had come out, and they were young still, they were like twenty years old, and it is so a survivor founded you fled organization. And I just got in touch with them, and I just built these friendships with them and then just started working with them and continued to work with beautiful. That was it.
Speaker 2: I love that all right, well love you even more. That's so sweet, and yeah, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is so lovely.
Speaker 3: It was nice everything, nice to meet Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah girl, we'll have her on Wine Down tour one day when we go back to Michigan. Oh, it'd be a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like her.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet, she's perfect from Michigan. She's perfect. I'm like, yes, girl, I love anyone that loves on Michigan. Like our RD Madonna talked bad about Michigan, and it's like, just I want more people to talk nice things about that's beautiful. It's a beautiful state. It's just really cool. Yeah, it can't help it. Rocky points, can we pull a pan out of the leader hose?
Speaker 3: And sure are we?
Speaker 5: Were?
Speaker 3: We just going to keep going past that. I am shocked. I don't know this. How do we not know that? You didn't know this?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, No, he was not there.
Speaker 2: Wow Yeah, wedding band, yeah double wow leader who is a triple? I need a minute with myself? Yeah, So this is this is funny. But my dad always says this. He's like, he tells the story a lot that he missed my my birth and at the wedding someone told him or called him or whatever, and so he's sang the Swiss lallah bye to the wedding party.
Speaker 3: So it is in my honor? Is it funny?
Speaker 2: And I'm always just like I don't know how I feel about that because I'm like you saying it to everybody else in my honor?
Speaker 3: But like Dad, you're like in Michigan, Like can he was in Michigan? Yes, it just keeps kidding and I'm not trying to like, I'm not trying to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I love my dad like everything, you know, everything is great, and it's not like he needed that job for money.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not what he did.
Speaker 2: He did it for his enjoyment. Yea, his wedding band stuff, Like my dad had a job, my mom had a job. It was not like he had to do it. This was because he wanted to be a musician.
Speaker 3: Were you early? No, wow, I was doing my due today You're like a small percentage? Thanks? Okay, yeah, but does it shock you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean it feels that like I could see it. The wedding band thing just really tracks. That's going that's my leader German band. So he was in this German I mean German photo. It's like the whole like German. Later there's like a lot of German just say that you have come a long way and so but I just I do remember having bang, like the the you know singing this was lullaby and I'm like, would a nice to me?
Speaker 3: But that's the later prison anyways, Okay, I'm not like me and girling my dad. I'm not. I maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean credit it meaning was so Florida and how we didn't know this yeah, but also like yeah, hey listen for four decades maybe back in the day, but I was like, I can understand if it was for money, sure, for sure, But I don't think that twenty dollars or whatever was made at the band job was enough to miss your daughters. I can understand if it was in a different state and then you started and she went, it was Billy in London, for sure.
Speaker 3: In London, Yeah, which is so.
Speaker 2: I guess there was a little piece of me that just had it a little I guess so trigger moment that remembered that little trigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's where my abandonment issues started to start.
Speaker 4: As you.
Speaker 2: What it's full by in your honor ten minutes down the road. Oh man, okay, well, okay, bless okay, well that was fun. Urs later, wait to call Amy, but I'm going to therapy in road.
Speaker 3: Don't work