Speaker 1: World with me here. You know, BT know how it goes, shout out O C T no real color what we see whole game, the baller bio something. Oh, you can't stand on their own. See I already know you can't with me because with the squad of me, they get a little They called.
Speaker 2: Me love.
Speaker 3: He Love.
Speaker 1: Ball of Love went to the ball Alert Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcast. Please make sure you like subscribing. Share are YouTube page at ball Alert TV. A hundred K subscriber had a hundred Yeah. Yeah, you can't camp in the building. That's up, sir. You forgot. We got to introduce ourselves. Oh damn, I fucked it all up. Man, listen, that's why you can't drink man, I go to the name for over to that. You know, big T. I did fuck it up.
Speaker 4: It's okay here, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got it's been it's been a minute, man, yeah, man, KK was supposed to come on the show small.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was last month, but then you know, I've been we've been trying to get the schedule down. Yeah a little while that you've been moving around because last time we saw you was BT and we were just trying to get you on that schedule, man, because I feel like we gotta talk to you.
Speaker 5: Man, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I feel we got some ship to say. Now we got to talk about some other ship. Okay, you're hosting the show with us too.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me get back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, O c T. What's happening.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all?
Speaker 6: For All the Dogs has officially dropped by Drake when he y'all thoughts about it? It's a lot of thoughts going around. But what do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Because I think this is one of Drake's best albums. I don't think it's the best album, but I think it's one of it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's great. I think Drake his people saying that he isn't evolving. I think he has evolved, and he's catering towards the youth, which is what music is really all about.
Speaker 6: He gave us some of that old Drake because he gave you singy Drake, and he gave you some lyrics.
Speaker 1: What that song with Jay Cole boy Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, jack ohen crazy?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Can what you think about the album?
Speaker 5: I like it, I like I like I ain't heard the whole thing, so I can't judge a lot of songs though.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the few I heard I folk, I guess, yeah, I feel it.
Speaker 4: You know well, Joe Budden had a lot to say about it.
Speaker 1: Yo, dog.
Speaker 7: I had to look up how oldest nigga was when I finished listening to the album You are thirty six your birthday is in twenty days. I googled that you you are thirty seven years old. Get the fuck away from some of these younger niggas and stop fucking these twenty five year olds. I missed the Drake that when he dropped, the rappers hit him, not these little fucking kids.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck about you.
Speaker 7: In consannat, that's gonna sound like, hey.
Speaker 1: Go find some niggas your fucking age.
Speaker 3: We got to start with the age shaman. For first of all, we gotta start with the age shaman. Everybody is gonna get old at some point, and you can't tell a grown man what age group should he hang out with. And I've seen what academics said about Joe Bunn's comment that he said I talked to Drake and Drake wasn't tripping about him criticizing the music. He's like, I don't care if people criticize the music, but you're not gonna criticize me as a man, and like you don't respect me. So I think that's what really made Drake upset was like the other comments that you know, Joe Budden was talking about outside of the music and how old is constant is probably like twenty one, twenty.
Speaker 4: Two your own man too.
Speaker 6: It's not like hanging around kids, but younger people keep older people young, likelevant.
Speaker 5: You got to stay in the coaching know what going on?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do think Joe Budden is entitled to his opinion. I mean that's he's good at what he does for his content that he puts out. But man, when when when Drake failure? No? No, no, when you live that Moda's house? Read what he said put on the screen. You know that you live in a Mada's house. That's that's that's rich ling lingo for me. More boy, But did you did you have a pretty nice Moda's house?
Speaker 6: But listen at Joe Budden, you have failed at music. Hey, you left it behind to do what you are doing now in the clip, because this is what actually pays your bills. You know, for any artist watching, just remember you are watching a failure. Give their opinion, want this idea on a recipe for success? Just to get a little bit of what.
Speaker 5: He said, Nori holding it in for a minute, Tuore, that's that's sound.
Speaker 1: Like me back and forth. Those two people don't like each other, so you know, we just sit back and watch that skin.
Speaker 4: Joe Might is a harsh critic, though much.
Speaker 1: Clean on everybody think.
Speaker 3: I think like you've been a critic towards somebody like Drake, who's been, you know, on top of the game for the past but thirteen years. I mean, that's kind of somebody you really don't want to argue with.
Speaker 1: And I seen Joe Bud's response. Joe Buddy's response was, you.
Speaker 3: Know, he said something like father time is like underredefeated, and I was like, that's how you know he have nothing to say after that.
Speaker 4: Time is undefeated and after so long, Drake is still on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know one person who didn't like it was Birdman. He said, y'all have better stop playing with Drake Man.
Speaker 1: Birdman.
Speaker 3: I heard Birdman on Clubhouse. I don't want no bird Man. I heard Birdman. I heard Birdman on Clubhouse and k KEM. You mustn't heard it, Beca.
Speaker 1: You ain't hear.
Speaker 4: Burdon what he said.
Speaker 1: Joe Birdman was on the really talking like the Godfather, like I was. I was scared listening.
Speaker 3: To the conversation, like he was, like, Yo, you you may say a trick y'all, all trick y'all, be put some respect.
Speaker 1: I played with you, don't play with no, he said, don't play with the gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't gonna say it.
Speaker 1: No mo let nobody, Yeah, he said, did y'all? Hey, y'all better. One of the best, one of Drake's best albums man, period.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite song on the album?
Speaker 1: The one with j Cole Sure. I like that, man. I like the one with Yea. It's to me. It's like one way y'all.
Speaker 5: Though, but you didn't hear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little towards the end, what about You? I like Away from Home, Okay, I like the one It's not for me, But the one with Sexy.
Speaker 4: Read that's, oh my gosh, Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: I heard that in the club. You know it's not playing it back to back to back, but that ship.
Speaker 3: Come on, don't hate me, But I skipped I skipped that song and that when it comes home because I don't feel like it's for me.
Speaker 6: But when I first heard it on the radio and I was like, oh my gosh, Drake the album drops, I wouldn't listen to it.
Speaker 4: But what really took that song over for me?
Speaker 6: It was cool at first, building when Sissy come on that, I was like, yes, that needed to be done.
Speaker 3: Drake, Drake know what he's doing, man, because I never thought that I would see a Drake and Y collap.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was a good one. But I was like, yo's my fifteen year old favorite song.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's the most ignorant song on the album, but like it sounds so good.
Speaker 1: Drake smart man, you know he always wants to be smart though.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He closed out his All a Blurred tour and he gave away a g wagon on his final show in Toronto.
Speaker 1: Paid off wagon.
Speaker 3: First of all, who gonna pay for the maidenance? Y'all better sell that g wagon if you if you won that g wagon at Drake concert, you better sell that g wagon to wherever dealership. That he got it from the pocket watch watch that that definitely is a pocket watching because that maidens. I don't even want to see what the old change was like on that ar.
Speaker 1: You didn't think about that, I think about didn't.
Speaker 5: Think about that.
Speaker 1: For sure though, like you know, probably pretty expensive.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, like yeah, I just want a z wagon at a at.
Speaker 5: A car one tire ship, tire p man, tire. Pop's time to sell it. It's over.
Speaker 1: You have expensive cars. You've ever you had a g wagon before a wagon? I got a may bag though, I don't want to tire to pop on that. How much is all change on the maybag?
Speaker 5: We don't know you got added for like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh see, he said, we're gonna see, we gonna see a foul up. It is time for the players ball.
Speaker 5: Football fan Yeah, falcons of course cool.
Speaker 1: Uh. The only only five team left is the Carolina Panthers. They are all in fire damn uh number one. Uh no. But okay, boy oh boy man, it's sounds like they didn't call Cam Newton back. Oh god, it sounds like they need to call Cam Newton.
Speaker 5: The best team right now. Uh.
Speaker 1: The best team right now are the the San Francisco forty nine ers. They're the undefeated team. Them and the Philadelphia Eagles are the only two undefeated teams left. The forty nine Ers just beat the Dallas Cowboys, who apparently are not gonna go to the I don't think they're going again. Kind of early in the year. But Dak Prescott is proving that he's not a clutch player. I'm just saying my eye testing on the show. Talk to him about he gonna come on the show. You don't want to talk to me. You don't want to talk to me? What did say on Instagram? Dallas Cowboy?
Speaker 5: I wonder what the cowboy did to get his reputation and everybody want to track.
Speaker 1: You know, they just have a very rich owner. They have one of the nicest stadiums in the in the country, so that's why. So yeah, you know, the Dallas cheerleaders are like they always trending. They're always a trending thing. It's usually Dallas and Houston that have like the cheerleader fame. Yeah, so you know that everything's bigger in Texas, that type of thing. So you know, that's that's true. That's part. Their marketing is like some of the best marketing in the NFL. So it's Dallas got a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the got a lot of talent. Man, I was I was sad to see Zeke, you know, leave and go. Yeah he went to the Patriots. Was he plays for the Patriots?
Speaker 1: Now you know what the Patriots is? Yeah? Trash trash to try to.
Speaker 3: Play my boy Tom Brady like it was the coach because they was winning, but it was really the talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure that NBA is back pre season. How far the Hawks.
Speaker 5: Going all the way? Man, I'm standing on it, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know with the Hawks all the way to ride with the Hawks to man, we just need a little help, bro, Yeah, we do need help. How we gonna get to help Cray needs help? Well he gonna leave us. Man, How we gonna get to help Murray?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: We need more help. We need.
Speaker 5: We need start big Man for show.
Speaker 1: People don't want to play Forana Broul the distractions.
Speaker 5: Here's go's gonna It's gonna one of these years We're gonna take off were old as hell.
Speaker 1: God, what you know we got trade coming on the show. We're gonna a bro like Atlanta Fact is going to Super Bowl'm gonna be old ass man, Bro, I'm gonna be blow but I'm gonna be happy. I'm like, Nigga, why can we do this? When I was in my twenty so I got that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, You think that people well I would say, you think athletes are just afraid to like come to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's it's bad athletes here bro for their career up. Yeah, bro Co and you in Atlanta. You want to be in the mix and a bad influence.
Speaker 3: Look at.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that.
Speaker 5: Atlanta was serious about the credit. They probably I need to go to a left.
Speaker 1: Trade on the out. But remember when Trade for got here.
Speaker 5: He was outside, he was outside with us.
Speaker 1: Who took him to WAFFI? You you took him to Waffe.
Speaker 6: You need somebody like a Lebron who already has a family and already that it's bad.
Speaker 1: It's Atlanta, So it's kind of like, I think Lebron can come out here and be focused. But wait, you know, you know what it is. I think that you know, begainning of his career to interrupt a g had Lebron in the club in the beginning of his career. We'll go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, I think we can't say it's the culture right because people go to Miamis.
Speaker 1: People go to Miami and play. It's different than Atlanta. Bro. We got like we have different football.
Speaker 5: Football.
Speaker 1: Just can't explain it, Bro.
Speaker 3: But you know they talk about the Miami he culture because I forgot what I was.
Speaker 1: What I was watching on that was like.
Speaker 3: You ever noticed that you never hear anything about any athlete in Miami.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think never got out, but I think they did. Don't talk about you never heard nothing.
Speaker 4: Chad Johnson, Chad Johnson.
Speaker 1: Atlanta black, Atlanta's black. That scandal with Listen. Bro. Remember when Vic was the guy. He was in TI videos. He was outside, he never read the playbook, he had blewis hair out, he got braids, he was all the way left, he got the full he was in the Trouble Rubber band Man video You needed to be at Pride Day. So that's my guy. It's my favorite player of all time. He's the reason why I love the fucking Falcons. I got the tattooed on my fucking hand. But I'm just saying Atlanta, it's just something that Atlanta. I don't want to talk about this, but it's Atlanta two turn. Yeah, he's a lata two turn remember, especially like we got people like k Camp that just may randomly pop out, future may randomly pop out. Atlanta is a city where superstars, not stars a list. People will randomly you fucking around to see Andre three thousand in the Club's a the dream, Yeah, but you know La is kind of built. Yeah, that's what you're getting. Be like, yo, this nigga is right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Or you might go somewhere like a ten piece lemon pepper right ye, and he's telling you like we're about to go do this. Come on, you know what I'm saying. And everybody's kind of like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, everybody's kind of liked a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Atlanta like you can go somewhere and you can see somebody like Loto might be in them and she throwed thirty bands.
Speaker 4: Needless to say, We're not gonna get anybody.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I just have bad you know if we weren't supposed to were supposed to win that Super Bowl the years back, and we never wanted And I'm just hurt because who that night, everybody's gone and that ship just made me depressed. I think about the new quarterback, the Falcons. I don't want to talk about it. I wonder why we didn't get Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: I wonder why Atlanta didn't didn't drive drift him because I feel like he gotta get He got to get out of Chicago.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was. He would have been perfect because.
Speaker 4: They trying to understand how how's Deane doing?
Speaker 1: Diana? They just won They won their four and two three and two foreign too. He lost to He lost to usc and they lost the Oregon, the two big on the state. But you called that he was gonna use I mean I felt I felt like he still needs some big, big boys, you know what I'm saying. But he got the skill players, like he got the talent. And you see Warren Sapp made that statement, he just needs some dog. Warren Sap to Warren Sap is joining d on that Hey, that look that recruitments. Who was already set for next year, loaded loaded next year. He ain't even tripping. That's why he said this is the worst we're gonna be. Yeah, it's the worst we're gonna be. I think there'll be eight and four. Talking about finishing the season off. Yeah, he's gonna win. They gonna win eight games.
Speaker 2: Very nice guys, We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 5: So it's me flowing. You are now tuned into The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: The Butler Alert Show. We got capt in the bill.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, now, man, hey man, I really thought about this.
Speaker 1: I've known you since I want to say you was in high school, bro, probably graduating, yeah, because like I moved to Atlanta in two thousand and nine, Yeah, graduated, just graduate high school. And I just was like, I just got introduced to you, and I just saw you in the studio working with the with these guys, and of course you always stood out, and I really sat down and thought, I was like, damn, we've never really sat down in front of the cameras and had a real conversation, and we know so much about each other.
Speaker 4: Well we don't know.
Speaker 6: So for those who don't know, and uh, you know, we can't we can't assume everybody know, you know, please just take us back a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, north.
Speaker 1: Side, the north side, Mariad and of course in Atlanta it's to north side. We had the north Side.
Speaker 5: And north Side eighty five, nor know what I'm saying, Mariatta.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you know, you know Club Kelly, you are from the north Side, Yeah, Cobb County, Yeah, Marietta, Marietta. And you saying the north side. We've been in the north Side before. I ain't gonna lie. Before Migos even came out, we was claiming north. It was an US east west south. Then Migos came in putting off on it, which is county. You know what I'm saying. They popped on the global scale, so everybody thought that was the you know, now, what's.
Speaker 4: Your name again?
Speaker 1: Bo?
Speaker 4: He's pointing to Bow in the corner over there.
Speaker 1: We gotta tell you, we gotta listeners and fans may be So when did you start rapping?
Speaker 5: Probably eight grade going into ninth grade type ship?
Speaker 4: What inspired that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: My family, you know what I'm saying. They come from a lot of music backgrounds. My uncle played the bass, my auntie same, my grandma. Everybody was musically inclined, you know what I'm saying. My uncle to this day playing vegas, used to play for Michael Jordan. Charles Barkley used to play the piano and at the casinos and Ship so that shit just really fell on my lap.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: I was playing ball first.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Basketball from yep, yeah, basketball, I was my first love and my twelve grade year summer league. I brought my ankle, you know what I'm saying. And you know how that shit go. I ain't had no plan. B Try to get into college, you know what I'm saying. My grades was terrible. Try to my boy day Over helped me get into college. I really was at a two year, but I finished. Everybody thinking I was at West Georgia. You know what I'm saying. Had my campus is, my classes is own West Georgia campus. But I was at a two year. You know what I'm saying. I used to commute thirty minutes every day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But well, you used to just show up to no.
Speaker 5: I had classes on West Georgia campus, but the program I was in was a community college. I was finishing so hard. I forgot the name of the community college. You know what I'm saying. So you know I was doing that. You forgot you know what now you do? Oh shit? So yeah, you know what I'm saying. Boom boom. I dropped out of West Georgia probably two months in you know, got my book stolen. I had no money getting on more books.
Speaker 4: But then you have a group in high school, the HBC.
Speaker 5: He was part of it. Okay, okay, can we talk about that, Like, yeah, we were just some of young niggas outside fighting, being bad, hooping, rapping.
Speaker 4: Did y'all perform any shows together?
Speaker 5: Did we perform shows together? We wasn't getting butked inn.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all doing no talent shows anything.
Speaker 5: No, we weren't doing no taln of show, but were definitely like, you know, outside and you know, I don't know if y'all know Southern bread, remember Southern bread bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we did artists and ship just turn you know.
Speaker 6: So did somebody make the beats in it? And y'all said we're gonna just be a group?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We had We had We had a guy in our group who had the studio and had all the beats.
Speaker 1: There's always somebody in the group with the studio.
Speaker 5: He had all he had all the ship we needed, you know what I'm saying. But out of the whole group, I was the only one that really wanted to rap for real.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everybody else did their own thing. I'm telling them that what they were doing.
Speaker 1: But I like the rap. Now, when when did do It come out to down twelve? Okay? So what was anything happening before the do It record? All night? All night? So we had you had all that night? Was that your first?
Speaker 5: That was my first record that popped in the city, that popped in the city, that got me. Shows, you know what I'm saying. Shoe's page show five hundred dollars, a little shop bottle, you know what I'm saying, A little light shit around like the Alabama's in North Carolina, and shit, we used to dride down there independent at the time. Yeah, yeah, no securities, Me and him my camera man. We used to being there dugging, just go for get out with the fro. Yeah, we used to be come on when we had them times. That was really the times that made me for real.
Speaker 1: And you were only kind of like the only person from that area. Correct me if I'm wrong that really had a record like that going in other parts of town. For sure.
Speaker 5: We always broke you know what I'm saying. I was just just living, you know what I'm saying. You know we eighteen nineteen, we just outside going to the club, going to parties. I used to throw parties. I used to have entertainment group full of full of females. I called them. Uh it was had perfect antea, I had Lady Perfect.
Speaker 1: That shit was.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie. Female promo group was the worst thing ever. There was a lot of fights going on then listen to shit. But I had all the vibes. You know what I'm saying. I had the viobs going. So I just to throw parties, anything just to get my name out there, you know what I'm saying, Just to just to keep the momentum going, you know what I'm saying. Trying to figure out a way to pop. You know what I'm saying. I was just in my mama basement recording everyday. Sister bang on the floor telling me shut the fuck up. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It like that.
Speaker 5: I was just I was just hustling, but trying to figure it out and.
Speaker 4: Promote you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was with us all the time.
Speaker 1: It was like the Street Team.
Speaker 5: Also there's the Street Team passing on the flies. I still hell the house parties.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was the vibe on the North Side. Yeah, been cool for a minute. We've been cool for a minute.
Speaker 1: Now I want you to break down. Do it? Did you create that song? First? Was that your beat? Because you did the hook?
Speaker 5: That was Bobby beat. Bobby Critically recorded that at my mom's basement. So Bobby Critical made the beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah? How long do you know Bobby Critical? Real quick?
Speaker 5: Ten plus?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Bobby Critical gave you that beat, You did the hook?
Speaker 5: I did the hook?
Speaker 1: How arranged the song? You arranged the song? How Michel pulled up to mama house? Okay? You know you might go or friends or you just was like, Yo, it was cool. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We met, We met Mike go through you know what I'm saying, Cause used to be a walker in there, you know what I'm saying, So walking them chas, You know what I'm saying. Do all them niggas just to come to the North Side all the time, you know what I'm saying. They just be in the club. We just be Marriotta. You know it was during that time that was you know what I'm saying, Red Red trying. I don't know if y'all familiar with all this ship, but niggas used always come to the North Side performing that Mike with Shaan Ts, you know all.
Speaker 1: That ship back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But so I met Michael through them. You know, he came through one time and you know, just a regular studio session. It wasn't nothing planned out, you know what I'm saying. Gave him that song pretty much.
Speaker 1: Did you say, hey, I have this this hook? I did this and that you know what I'm saying, had tooth, had to boof in the room so that happen. You just said, okay, you can have it. Was I believe it was his beat.
Speaker 5: It had to be his beat because it had to be a reason why it was his song because it had to be his beat, you know what I'm saying. But you know I had packs of beats from Boby because that was my producer at that time. You know, I'm saying, what's the hook already on it? No, it was no hook hook on the beat. He came through with a beat. Okay, okay, I recorded it, got it and I'm knowing who cut the couldn't be when it went acapella and then you know what I'm saying, The whole formatute.
Speaker 1: Was the one. He was just like, all right, appreciate it, man.
Speaker 2: It was his.
Speaker 5: But at the time I was pushing, I was you know what I'm saying. I was pushing a project. I think it would like become a fan. It was one of my old mixtapes. And I don't know if you remember, Y'll probably don't remember this old ship Miss river City.
Speaker 1: Miss river City. Damn dog, I'll be taking it back, you feel me?
Speaker 5: But she used to be the plug like pushing records back in the day, like you had to DJ that was breaking record. She was pushing it online and giving everybody an online present. So I gave her. I had a song called make That Money with Stuart Rock and I had and I had to do it, and I gave her them too. I gave her probably like one hundred last you know what I'm saying, Like I'm about to drop the mixtape, just you know what I'm saying. And when I gave him the records due it was the one that caught. The next thing, you know, caught. It caught for real, like you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, saying it for the audience, do you feel me?
Speaker 1: Still go off?
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that song still get played on Exactly how old is that song?
Speaker 5: She came out to that on twelve bro so it's leven years eleven years old, ain't that now?
Speaker 1: Was there ever a moment in the song where because I want to ask you this question, was there ever a moment in the song where you guys had were at odds.
Speaker 5: It when it popped? It was just one of them things. I was broke, you know what I'm saying. We always broke you feel me? And I felt like I played a major role in getting that song out format. It's crazy song. I may here records to this day.
Speaker 1: I still do it. So the proof in the put you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And when everybody found out it was mic O song, he took it and ran with it, started getting shows start, you know what I'm saying, leaving me out and not bringing me to the shows in the video. You go watch the video and barely in the video, you know they were just capping me down the whole the whole time. I remember one time, I never forget the moment. Who was an artist factory? I think it's called artist factor.
Speaker 1: Listen, artist factory.
Speaker 5: Yes, ain't been there, so I want to say I met you there. Yeah, I met you had probably at fourteenth Street bootom shit, they kind of shit. We was there and we was with his managers. I ain't gonna say it's not you know, you know what I'm saying. But we was at the thing. My mama was with me, and he was just sitting there counting like Mica contracts at the time, and just saying how much he was getting paid the show. I'm just adding up in my head like and I ain't got nothing, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, I made the funk, So you know what I'm saying. It was one of the moments like that, and I just it just became that and we just kind of just grew apart, you know what I'm saying. I wasn't feeling it and he was just.
Speaker 1: I only asked you that because I wanted to ask you. Did that motivate you to of course bigger?
Speaker 5: Of course that was two twelve thirteen. I came with money Baby and cut off for fourteen.
Speaker 4: But it also goes to show because it also.
Speaker 6: Goes to show who was a real creative behind it, because you dropped multiple hits after that and then how many did he have after?
Speaker 5: That's how it worked, though, you know, that's how it happens in this game. I've just seen it with I see yeah, and I was I was thinking about that too. That happened, happened right before us, so I've seen it happen. I was like, damn about to get you know what I'm saying. I felt like, Oh it turned around.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Money Baby was a really big record for you, bro smash. It's still one of my all time favorite. I still play it to this day. You know.
Speaker 5: You know what I hate, though I'm glad you brought it up. I hate going to these clubs. Why they still be playing the records? Why I hate it you.
Speaker 1: Ain't hearing yours.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, I'll be like, oh ship, Nah, I don't hate hearing my own ship. I hate hearing, oh ship.
Speaker 4: You want to hear the news.
Speaker 1: Too many records.
Speaker 5: Since then, you know what I'm saying, The Wolves and I didn't put out too many. You know what I'm saying, even ste you spending historical aspects that though from y'all standpoint, but I'm in the clubs from my artists ship off. They playing cut off the money baby, like we got camping.
Speaker 1: A bit, man, come on here. That is true that I hate that ship, but you got to the fans. The fans love it.
Speaker 3: But I think a lot But I think a lot of artists are like that, because you do get artists when they come into club and you like, as a fan, you're playing music that you know everybody else loves, and I think we're artists.
Speaker 1: They're like, man, it's.
Speaker 5: Kind of like hearing about your ex girlfriend every day you go every day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'll be one.
Speaker 5: I was gonna make announcement on the on the Instagram.
Speaker 1: All we do is call me and then we have But you can make that announcement right now.
Speaker 5: Just did what was it?
Speaker 4: Stop playing my old stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, play my new ship in the club at first. You can play my old ship while I'm never get my new ship off. You know what I'm saying, because one thing you do, it just makes you feel like you're still in the past. So you're stuck in the past. You know what I'm saying, Even though selling out tours I'm doing. You know what I'm saying moving in the present. You know, what about the build up?
Speaker 1: The bang too much? I'm sorry you see the frustration.
Speaker 8: What what about the But that's a valid emotion because a lot of artists, like you said, you know, when they come in, you automatically playing something that's just like if it wouldn't happen to be honest, because she got so many new records that's on radio and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But you know, just to understand, like when people come in the club or if TLC coming, you know, they're playing no scrubs.
Speaker 3: But I know from an artist standpoint, they look at their song is like X is like, okay, I'm over this X, Like I don't want to hear this. But I think from like you know, me hosting parties and Ferrari DJ, and I think from like, you know, from a crowd perspective and and you know, just being a fan. I think it's the build up because it's like you want to come in and hear your new record, the build up.
Speaker 1: This is true to do the build up. You know what I'm saying, he.
Speaker 5: Got a great building, a Bluetooth. You know what I'm saying, a lot of d j's don't do the building. They just play them and just.
Speaker 1: I just do think we should do a better job at communicating, not necessarily for you, but we know who's who. Because two Chains can come in the club and want to hear his old ship, Yeah they can't, may not.
Speaker 3: And and that's and that's just based on relationships. You got to know the artist artists because I know.
Speaker 1: For a fact too James will want to hear some of his old ship and his new ship. Camp may want to hear his new ship and then ship you can go crazy, sprinkle money that shit cool. It still get you know what I'm saying. That's also you're being tapped in too. You got you gotta be tapped what's going on.
Speaker 3: But you gotta also understand a lot of DJs aren't privileged, you know, to get a chance to know a K Camp or get a chance to know a two Change. So I just always try to tell people, you know, to to definitely communicate with the artists and or or even a team like you know, when somebody come in, don't just expect because some artists to be like.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear my music at all. True too.
Speaker 4: I love your perspective.
Speaker 6: BT because you know, sometimes you got to remind the crowd of who it is, you know, versus just plant putting something new on. They kind of got to get excited, like oh my gosh, I know, and then they get into it then, like you said, play the new stuff too.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: Now I do want to get back to it because you you had a pivotal song to me which I think was one of your most pivotal song, which was cut Her Off. And that came at a time with clubs in Atlanta was clubs, Yeah, with dance floors, for sure, and it's a song that everyone could say you always got to cut the motherfucker off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: It was a very trendy but long standing song. And I remember working at the radio and I came in and I was I was an INTERNI DJ holiday show, and I said, Yo, this is k Camp. He got this song cut her Off. This ship is a fucking hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When did you record that? How did you record that? What was your vibe? Did you think it was a hit?
Speaker 5: No, I was just I was just vibe and I was just expressing myself that day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was just playing around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was loaded.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was a little drunk, and I tell the story. I didn't tell the story in a minute, but you know what I'm saying. I had I had a little place I was supposed to pull up, and she she didn't pull up, and she supposed to get the lima readers from the stove. You know what I'm saying' get right, get at it. I was just in the studio of record. You know what I'm saying, Your vibe not regular day. And she kept capping, just just doing lame, and I was like, man, what So I just went to move. I was already drunk and put the beat on the first thing. I said, it ain't goning to cut that bitch off. I just kept saying. I just stopped rapping, and then I packaged it up, and I think, I who the fuck I gave that? So so I think it was cut through. It was somebody. Because I was always just send my ship out and sh hit a mixtape and just you would text your records out to you just you feel mixed. I did that with Lottery. I was on a plane. I send Lottery off to like sixty people, sixty influences and taste makers, I knew that, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, had the ear and and that ship. That's a dope ass story.
Speaker 6: Thinking of lottery. How was How did you feel when it became viral on TikTok and.
Speaker 1: It went viral, it went it went left a little bit.
Speaker 5: And I brought it back to life. You brought it back to life. You took care of the Yeah, the dad, Yeah, it was crazy how they how that came about?
Speaker 1: Though? You know what I say.
Speaker 5: You know that's when a packed certified pat yep one of his closest friends daughter didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's how it happened. That dance he said, he said.
Speaker 5: He said, boy, you know that my friend college daughter said what I said, bring you to the studio. It's like around Valentine's Day. I got some bed, I got like merchant. I brought him to the studio and that look that's the clip that went bot. They were dancing in my studio.
Speaker 1: Dope. I just took.
Speaker 5: Advantage of the moment because I knew it could have win left. I was like, not a watch. It went viral for just the beginning of the song for sure. For sure, it's just straight beat for show. I remember that I heard you come in. I heard that beat in New York. I was on tour when I made that song. I recorded at least a key studio.
Speaker 1: What's the process when you make in these songs? Have fun?
Speaker 5: Ain't no secret, you know? You know what I'm saying, Go off true emotion, like whatever you're feeling, say that ship because somebody feeling that way. You know what I'm saying. I was just here that day, has some money on the cash on me, like, you can't be trying to make itself so easy. But it's simple, though. We gotta have good cadence. You got to have a good flow, you gotta have a good tone, you know what I'm saying. Of course, talent, you gotta have talent, But the process of making a song, if you're in tune with your true emotion and how you feel, it's not that hard, bro. That's how have these artists even pop because they making a song how they feel and that shit end up going worldwide.
Speaker 4: Now, how did that affect your career?
Speaker 6: Because I feel like, you know, from the money baby, comfortable cutter off, you know, all the way for me too, all the way to lottery or where were you.
Speaker 5: During before Lottery? Yeah, before lot was in La. You did leave us to move to La. Why did you want to know why?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please?
Speaker 5: I got black Ball?
Speaker 1: You got black Ball? What year two sixteen? Did the same year Comfortab when it came out? How did you get black Ball? My manager?
Speaker 6: Because you were just on Double Excel in the fresh Man cover in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, speaking of sweet Lounge, it happened at sweet Lounge.
Speaker 1: It happened what happened at Sweetland?
Speaker 5: Had an album released at Sweet Lounge Boom, and you know my manager at the time. Yes, you know it's strange. We recently just yeah, I don't want to say got cool, but we.
Speaker 1: Especially my guy. But go ahead. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We don't talking to you like, how can we get some money together and push it in the past. You know what I'm saying. We're both successful doing our thing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of DJs in the building that night. It was a lot of you know what I'm saying, a lot of people in the building that night. And you know I was what twenty twenty two twenty, I was a young nigga. You know something I comes to the release part of Drunker's Head with Mike Fuck.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I'm on stage, We're just playing music, just doing regular album release shit. So he come around and say, I got plaques. You know see what they aretist?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, you're like shit. I'm like, who who do you go to? He like, shit, the name right there. So I'm just, hey, so and so, get your plaque.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was like four or five of them, you know what I'm saying. The night went on, boom bong gate, the plaques out. Didn't think nothing of it. The next day or the two days later, I'm in the studio, just in the studio. I get a text from my boy Iceberg, Mmm, like.
Speaker 1: I'm at it.
Speaker 5: No, No, he ain't say that. He's like, bro, I'm at the radio station and the ain't looking too good.
Speaker 1: For you right now? What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Mind, I'm hot right now. I'm going I'm like for I do you feel me? He's like some shit about some plaques. I was like, plaques, what you mean?
Speaker 1: Plax?
Speaker 5: So that one move that having at my album release party almost derailed my whole career. So with that plaque, shit, you know what I'm saying. You know I was, I was still outside going into the club in the mix and shit. So every time I went somewhere and talking to DJ's that I've been knowing for ten years, seeing the niggas I was eighteen going into clubs, everybody giving me weird vibes. I'm shaking niggas hands and ain't the same energy. I'm like, oh, you know what I'm saying, something going on for real. So just me being me, I was like, shit, y'all won't go to LA. That's how that wait.
Speaker 6: So because some d you didn't give all the DJ's plass and get all dj.
Speaker 5: Everybody who felt like they broke a record. Everybody feel like they break a record. If you if you in the club, you're gonna feel like you broke that.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 5: But if it's uh one hundred fifty DJ's in the city, who gonna pay one hundred fifty ples was definitely ain't gonna pay for him. And you know what I'm saying, your job to success, you know what I'm saying, That's that come with the service like you gotta. So it was just one of them things like everybody, you know, not everybody, but a certain amount of DJs felt away and I guess they didn't want to press play on my music and I felt it, so I just left.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 5: So it's me floating. You are now tuned into the ball of Alert Show.
Speaker 1: Now you went to la with me l A at the time of my life?
Speaker 4: What happened in l A?
Speaker 1: Just turned?
Speaker 4: Did you get married there?
Speaker 5: Something would happen? I stayed four house down for Walt Disney though, Okay.
Speaker 1: I loves l A.
Speaker 3: Every time I go to l A, I always run into k Camp.
Speaker 5: Oh as much as I used to. I feel like we burned that beach down.
Speaker 1: What what what music? What music came out of l A?
Speaker 5: Yeah, as far as hit records, no hit records came out of l was too busy party, I was partying, ain't gonna. I was still working on getting to us. I always work, but I was just I was just all the hard work I put in. I was like, I'm about to live. You know what I'm saying about just enjoy this. How long it was like the last song I was comfortable? How long was this that I was in La I was there a year and a half.
Speaker 6: Before you came back to Atlanta. What was your mental like howl you? How were you mentally.
Speaker 1: At the time? Be a thousand?
Speaker 5: I didn't care, you know what I'm saying, Like, s niggas ain't fucking you had that money, it wasn't even about the money, like y'all ain't fucking with me. Well, you know what I'm saying, I wasn't too consuming the music ship like that. I was making music, but that wasn't my life.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I made enough money just to chill, like shit, okay, just the end, just the end. But that wasn't really the gold for me. You know I'm saying that's how you was thinking, not the end. But like, if the niggas ain't fucking me no more, this is my city ship, what I'm gonna do? You know what I'm saying, Like, if that's how they feeling, I don't know what to do to fix the ship because I'm not about to buy a thousand plaques. You know what I'm saying, that was just my I was young. You know what I'm saying that that's where I was at with it. What made you want to come back to Atlanta like I was losing seam? I felt it? Hmm, I felt it. I felt like I.
Speaker 1: May give you to admit that. Yeah, that is one thing about me, bro. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All Jose's side, I'm a man that look in the mirror and accept all my flowers and put my flowers on the table and try to work on all my You know what I'm saying. Every day, I'm trying to work on being a better being, a better band, and a better man. Better. You know what I'm saying, Bro, Everything they come with that. You know what I'm saying. I'm not scared to look myself in the mirror. I'm true to myself. I'm true to my core. I understand myself. I know what made me said. I know I know all about myself. I'm still learning, but I'm not that type of nigga. Whould just be like you know what I'm saying, take take a mask off when I got home the way I am now, when I go. You know what I'm saying, say good night when I wake up every day, you feel me so boom. I realized I was falling off, you know, not necessarily falling.
Speaker 1: Out, but I was losing. It was losing momentum.
Speaker 5: Twenty one was coming up at the time. This the same time twenty one drop, Savage Mode, Metro Boom.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a whole new wave one thing about me. I could see what's going on. I'm an A and R as well as an artist. I know what the fuck going on. I know Popp and I know I watched it.
Speaker 1: The Thug is around. You know what I'm saying, it's all that going, all that.
Speaker 5: But Thug was already going when I was going, meet mego stuff. We was all in the same like, you know what I'm saying. True, But I said twenty on was coming up because he was over there Sunny Spot Sonny was working with twenty one. First, I got a song with twenty him before twenty one before you pop, If you'll go listen, he got a song called one foot and one fu Out. I was on the remix, but we never dropped, you know what I'm saying. So he ended up coming up, and I was like, ooh, a whole new wave by the head, you know what I'm saying, ship a by the switch. Me and Jeans you know what I'm saying. And Jeans be plotting and all on that type of times. We just seen the shift. And at the time we were slum lords. We were slum slumders. We had the slum slum anthem all that ship. We was just on wild. We was on Wild Nigga shit. We were just, you know what I'm saying, fucking holes and just partying, drinking and just having fun. That's that was the whole slum motto. And I reb I told Jeans, I said, Bro, if we're gonna be in this ship for real, we got to change the whole brand. Bro, Like, we can't be We're getting older, we can't be fucking holes and saying the ship the girl holes. I want to see this ship, this ship not cool no more, you know what I'm saying. So the plot was rebrand, you know what I'm saying. It took us about a month to rebrand. I'm on dictionary dot com sorry, trying to find words that just match my brand and rare pop, rare pop I just I felt like I was just a rare you know what I'm saying, peace in the game that you know what I'm saying. I wasn't too exposed, I wasn't too under exposed. I was just in it. I made everybody knew me for my you know what I'm saying. It was a rare, like interesting little gym in the game. So rare was it was. It was what we ran with and we came back to you know what I'm saying, Atlanta, Like around two seventeen, eighteen eighteen, I had got a new crib out there in Leanta. I don't know if you've been in. One of my parties was at robin Hood at Glasshouse. I don't know if you ever came. That was low I know, but I know a bunch of girls that been there. Yeah, we had that bit piped up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My whole my whole thing was ship.
Speaker 5: They're not fucking with me on the music side right now, i'ma I'm gonna make sure they're still fucking with me on the culture side. Right I'm gonna still keep the motion. I'm gonna keep the vibes going, cause we had the parties going to LA and I came up throwing party.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 5: I knew the formula, you know what I'm saying. So we're gonna just throw five parties and I'm gonna record play my Ship at my party and whatever catch. We're gonna take that bits as the club. That's when rats like this came out, Rats like this, she wanted to turn it. We was at our party turned to that motherfucker, the old love, you know what I'm saying. So we knew we had something. That's when we was campaigning. But that was the transition. But I skipped a few little, little little spots. But we came back to Atlanta and I dropped the Rare project. That's with Nard and B. It was a collaud project with Art and B. You know what I'm saying. That that was started it was Rare, then it turned into Rare Sound. Then that formed the whole label and then that's where I've been.
Speaker 1: Going ever since.
Speaker 6: So earlier this year, you signed an independent partnership with TikTok Music Distribution.
Speaker 4: Is that with Rare Sound?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Partnered with partner partner with me who I am Rare Sound.
Speaker 6: So for the distribution of it. Yeah, so how does how how did that deal come about?
Speaker 5: I was at I was at my studio. I was I forgot what project I was working on, and I ain't gonna say his names. I ain't really feeling him right now either. But he had told me he had told me to come to a no. He had said, I got X y Z at the studio. They wait on you to pull up. But he never confirmed the session with me. So he told these you know what I saying, producers, I was pulling up, but he never told me that this was confirmed. So I'm like, bro, why are you booking?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I went to the studio already mad as fuck, you know what I'm saying. Then he take my shades off and I went to move and recorded some crazy shit too. They was like this niggas nuts, I ain't even take my I want that bitch did as all right. So while I'm in the studio, it was this random this random dude in the studio just kept fucking talking.
Speaker 1: He kept talking, kept talking.
Speaker 5: Didn't know this nigga for shiit, He just kept talking. Bo must have been there, kept talking, but he was he was a. He was a fan of my work, and he was telling me like, well, you know, you know what I'm saying. You know, if somebody say something about the song, you be like, fuck, you know that song. You know what I'm saying. Because the mask is only no certain amount of records. The niggas who say like deep cuts, you'd be like, oh, okay, you you tuning in for real. So he said he said something like that one time. You know what I'm saying. I was like this, nigga, cool, you know what I'm saying. You can talk, you can talk. Let him talk about Long story short, I got this. I said, y'all got a studio right on the street. You know what I'm saying, Just pull up here some records shit. Because I was playing him it was flow out No, it was by Forever album. I was playing songs for the album drop. He was critiquing it. I was like, shit, coming to the critic some more shit. Long story short, his name is Notch. I don't know fell No Notch. Maybe he's worth VR in hell.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you know what I'm saying. During that time, he was.
Speaker 5: Leaving, he was leaving lvr N and he's like, hey, I'm just trying to find somewhere else, you know what I'm saying, new situation, blah blah blah. He was like, you know what I'm saying, TikTok interested I was like, nigga, go over there and do that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Why not?
Speaker 5: That's where it's at right now. So he ended up getting a job and we just you know what I'm saying, made a play, then made a play just like that.
Speaker 4: How does that work for your music?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What do they do for you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: How does that work when you make a song TikToker? Just with TikTok? How does how does the distribution work.
Speaker 4: For your music?
Speaker 5: Just a regular distribution deal? Okay, you know what I'm saying. You agree to certain terms and they put it out.
Speaker 3: You don't have a secret button they press over there and they said that.
Speaker 1: I said, this is what I was helping for, you know what I'm saying. But but what does that?
Speaker 4: What is your regular distribution deal? For people who don't know?
Speaker 5: It depends on your leverage?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: They they what do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: How does it work? Do they just put you do they put your song on all the radio? Stations.
Speaker 5: Do they see not DSPs a distribution company is you know what I'm saying. They just put the ship on DSPs.
Speaker 1: You know what is that?
Speaker 5: After music Spotify, all the platforms where you listen to music at oh digital dig digital platform you know what I'm saying. And they, of course you can have digital campaigns, you can have you know what I'm saying. Different, It depends on what you what you what they offering what you know what I'm saying, It's all about negotiation. Everybody ship is different. That's why I can't really speak on everybody stuff. But certain companies like TikTok you would expect they got a crazy platform so they can easily just press the button you should turn up and shit turn up.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't always work like that.
Speaker 3: They need to start marketing like that because everybody will signed with TikTok if they said we got.
Speaker 4: To I never heard of this type of deal.
Speaker 1: I never heard of this type of They don't have no secret button, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Still they still they still got to pay all these influences to do all this type of ship. You know what I'm saying, She's still got to catch you know what I'm saying. They can put your ship in front on the front page and do like you know what I'm saying, Uh song is you know what I'm saying. They can do what they do because it's they platform. But ship got to still catch.
Speaker 1: The distroc Kid and TikTok is kind of similar. They just you just turn your music and you've had a really dope path in your career.
Speaker 5: I think, so, Yeah, it's been toughn But do you feel underrated? Of course artists, I'm undefeated now. I don't go over that underrated ship no more.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 5: I go undefeated. But as far as like on on a large scale, if you want to put it in that aspect somewhat, But I ain't really going for that phrase no more. You know what I'm saying. But I play I play a role in that. Though I can't necessarily just say everybody say I'm underrated, I play a role in it. I don't do too much.
Speaker 1: If I was.
Speaker 5: Loud, I was in the camera just making all the noise. If I was in the blogs for boys Ship, they wouldn't call me underrated.
Speaker 1: But I keep it. You like not you like I like the way I do yeah, I like. I like.
Speaker 5: I like private move man. I like the way I move. It's been working for me. I can't complain.
Speaker 1: You're my brother's dog, but I gotta get your business man. It's k Camp in the relationship.
Speaker 6: But the last time we talked to him, he said he had just broken up girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, when we was we was at the BT.
Speaker 5: That was my last All right, that's my last relationship.
Speaker 1: What happened? She happened? So K Camp single? Why is K Camp single?
Speaker 5: It's by choice? Okay, I can get into a relationship right now. I can send a text with my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: They gonna say yes, They're gonna say yeah, Camps.
Speaker 4: Would you ever get married?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 5: I consider getting married. But it's tricky, man. You know how the generation is right now? It's kind of right. You got one now, I ain't got no kids. If you ain't got no if you ain't got no solid partner, that's that you're considering marriage with right now that you've been locked in with for x A many years.
Speaker 1: It's kind of scary at that point.
Speaker 6: What is your views on the dating pool right now? Like you said, this generation is kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that you got niggas like me making music, future making music, everybody who making music, and so.
Speaker 6: You just get to women you attract that I do.
Speaker 5: I do. I attract some good women, though, but I don't know how to keep them, oh, because I'm like, but I'm a good nigga, though.
Speaker 1: Why you can't keep the good girls?
Speaker 5: Because I'm so like I think I just had this conversation the other day. Man, It's like with me, I get bored quick and I need inspiration to make this music. And if you and inspire me.
Speaker 1: I kind of be like you toxic.
Speaker 5: I always got to be toxic because I make a lot of songs about good girls too.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I make great songs about good girl comfortable with a Yeah, I know, you know what I'm saying. Cut her off was a toxic you know. So it's a balance. But it's just like I be trying to just either they do something that just just don't. They don't match energy, time expired. You know what I'm saying, everything got this season?
Speaker 1: Are you not willing to compromise? My brother? I always do?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so what about so before the day before I believe it's the day before you came to the award show, we interviewed you.
Speaker 1: I believe you just posted the girl.
Speaker 5: And then when we interview Compromise, then we interviewed saying, so.
Speaker 1: I just broke up, you know what. I'm so casual with it too though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still talk nah, but she just takes me like last week, twhut she's sorry.
Speaker 1: You know this ship? You gonna take her back? Spend the block? When's the last time y'all spunk the block with each other?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 5: I just watched a clip on Instagram. I had a DM this lady too, because she said some real ass ship. This is just randomly popp up my pay. She said something like, that's about why men fall for women.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: It said something like men fall for women. That's great nurtures. You know what I'm saying when they feel like you know, when I I'm breaking down like this. I went to Houston. This is my second time going to Houston to work on my em to finish mixing. Right, I went to Houston work at my hour. I ain't calling nobody, ain't let nobody know I was in Houston. I was just in the studio lot then, right, So when I'm in the studio. I'm like, who stayed out here? Like I'm in music mode, I'm like, who's singing? Cause she could sing her ass off. So I brought us to the studio to sing, and the we were just in that bitch vibe, you know what I'm saying. And then one thing led to another. I'm at the crib. I'm getting facials, bat rubs, breadth and sound just with the partially on it feet.
Speaker 1: Rub, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, I'm like, you feel me? And I ain't had that. I ain't had that treatment in about a year or so. I'm one. I'm gone like, I'm like, I'm about to have me be hones say we good?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm I said that motherfucker, you feel me, That's what.
Speaker 1: I was thinking.
Speaker 5: And I just jumped in way too fast. We both jumped in way too fast. And then we really found out about who each other and who each other was. And kind of like he's saying, that ship was.
Speaker 4: Crazy because it all that stopped after a while.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say it stopped, but the other ship started, so that stopped, and what was.
Speaker 1: The other ship? I'm not trying to go all the way into it.
Speaker 5: It was just like Curties, Okay, I'm k camp. Still I'm at your crib. I'm Chris and I'm chilling watch your TV smoking vibe when I'm at work. I'm still who I am. And she came she was came on to my shows, and you.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of female fem they owe.
Speaker 5: Me, they touched it. They won't me, you know what I'm saying, So that she could she couldn't handle that. And then I actually I brought out to another one and I didn't let nobody touch me. I ain't jumping the crowd.
Speaker 1: I was away from them.
Speaker 5: She still had a problem. She got mad because a waitress touched my arm and asked me, and it was it was just too much, Like yeah, I was like, bro, I just met you for really too much stress in my life. All they got enough going on. I'm you feel me. It could have went there. Yeah, very unhealthy, you know what I'm saying. So for my for my sanity and my health, I just like, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta get good job.
Speaker 1: My brother, good John, good Jock, good Jock got up out of the state.
Speaker 4: So what are you looking for now.
Speaker 5: If you are nothing. I'm looking I'm looking to put this album out. You know what I'm saying, I talk about it. Yeah, I'm looking to put this album out independently. You know what I'm saying. I put I put the spending. We put to Spend the Block album out independently and it did well. Spending Block came out that and we just recently got it clear.
Speaker 1: We about to go radio.
Speaker 4: But you're not spending the block, oh her No, spending.
Speaker 5: The block on these funyons and these minions, well I did not was a funny bro, funny as fuck being funny, but this ship ain't funny. But anyway, No, that's just the works coming up right to tours this.
Speaker 6: Year one in the future.
Speaker 1: You stay booked and you just I mean, you know, I don't think artists bragged, but artists informed. No, artists definitely brag. Artists kind of like a both thing. You really kind of just be on some cool ship.
Speaker 5: I mean chilling, You don't really you know, it's my job.
Speaker 1: I want you to bro because everybody want me to, only because I just feel like you're like this light that just you know, you don't care that you're a light.
Speaker 5: But people need to see the light. It's just I don't care, you know, I don't care. I got did so dirty and this ship.
Speaker 1: You had some bad deals.
Speaker 5: I got that got did dirty. I had to climb out the mud. Yeah, you had some very bad deal Yeah for sure. So it's like it took the love out of me, you know what I'm saying when it comes to the industry.
Speaker 1: So now I'm just doing.
Speaker 5: It for for us, for for for You know what I'm saying is I'm not I don't look at it as like, oh rap, I'm lital I all that. You know what I'm saying. I'm trying to make sure my mama good, my sister good.
Speaker 1: One time for Mama camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shot out Mama camp. You know we got camps giving coming up, giving out every year every basketball game.
Speaker 1: That's dope that she does that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it's just I look at the game different, bro. I got my my My goal is I got too much to do to be trying to brag on the wins right now. You know what I'm saying, Like, I got a lot of ship that's playing out that I gotta that got I got to accomplished first. So these like going on tour and selling out tours like I'm grateful. God is good, you know what I'm saying. But I'm supposed to been doing that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I supposed to have been doing that, you know what I'm saying, Like that shit supposed to have been happy. So I feel like I'm playing catch up. So I'm not gonna brag on some ship. I feel like I was supposed to have been doing but everything happened on God timing. But I do celebrate my wins now, I just don't be on the ground with it. We turn up, we vibe out, you know what I'm saying, We get right.
Speaker 1: He's the party king, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: What are some of the mistakes that you have made? You know, like you said, you've been through a lot through the industry.
Speaker 6: What are some of those mistakes that you made back then and you know better now?
Speaker 5: The biggest mistake I made probably just not you know what I'm saying, being on top of my business in the beginning, and you know, having a good lawyer reading contract that's pretty much easy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everything else is a lesson, you know what I'm saying. I learned from my lessons, but just business. Once I learned my business, I think I was good.
Speaker 1: You didn't read none of your contracts? Who read them? My lawyer? You don't have that lawyer anymore?
Speaker 3: Is that the biggest mistake that I think a lot of artists? But how do people get in those situations? I'm just asking because it's a lot of new artists that's gonna be coming up. There's gonna be wanting to know this information.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, that is that too. But my lawyer was it was a conflicent Answest. My lawyer was my manager lawyer. So if he gonna make sure he good, which the thing he's gonna do for me?
Speaker 4: Kind of like t OC their lawyer was le faces lawyer.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. So the lawyer playing both sides, who were gonna trust, not even trust, who were gonna what side He's gonna pick? Somebody gotta get the ship in, and it's gonna it's gonna be the one that, you know what I'm saying, being with the longest, the new guy, the new guy gonna get shit in. But you know what I'm saying. But like I said, that's old ship, but it's.
Speaker 6: Great information for upcoming artists and for people who may not know and may be in it right now for sure.
Speaker 5: Just get you a good lawyer, just someone you could trust. And it's hard to trust and it's difficult to Yeah, so he's like, you gotta you gotta this, should have it, should have a gamble, this should have risked. At the end of the day, all this shit a risk. You know what I'm saying, Play at your own costs. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 5: So that's that's all it is. Just be smart. Like if a lawyer tell you some ship, don't just go with it. Do your research, make sure that ship correct, you know what I'm saying, Cause that mother can just flip the script, douce some other shit. You look up, you're thinking you was good, but now you in a worse situation than you was in.
Speaker 6: So rare sound the label? Do you are you accepting artists? What are you looking for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't say accept the artists right now because we already have artists and producers right now that we're focusing on. But we're going through a rebranded face right now.
Speaker 6: How many artists you got or producers two okay and three producers or two producers you know, trapping in London shout out Jay Rod Me and floating London is Me and London project, by the way, But we're going through a rebrand and face.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think I think right now is a time where, of course I'm signed to my myself, which is, you know what I'm saying, rare technically, So I think we need to focus on me to take the brand to a hold another level and then expand and partner with you know what I'm saying, different funds or you know, a bench of capital funds or major labels and bring the capital in. I gotta build the leverage first, you know what I'm saying, because for the last three four years I've been coming out of my pocket trying to fund and this ship and get exhausted.
Speaker 4: You know, you have a fixt your relationship with the DJs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we came back and gave plex. That was the only way I say, what was that smart for it?
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: The only way out, man.
Speaker 2: We had to that.
Speaker 5: It was ship man.
Speaker 6: Okay, camp Man, We appreciate you for being so fun so transparent with us for you know all of that. Man, we appreciate you and we're looking forward to more music.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you sound you know what I'm saying. I'd be seeing y'all in the mix, you know. I see y'all outside somewhere.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all.
Speaker 5: Man shot the baller Baller alert. Appreciate love. We're gonna keep this ship going and.
Speaker 1: Feel free to come back, come back anytime.
Speaker 5: Show for sure. I want the next time y'all see me. I made the biggest power motive. I ain't seen that one. I want to come back.
Speaker 1: Likewise, I'm gonna make sure we're in the club that the that the D.
Speaker 5: Because you being that month like I know, and you being that mother like I haven't never seen you in the club.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I want foot out, man, I can't wait to I've been doing this too long, man, I'm still out here these streets.
Speaker 4: But before we get out of here, we do got a pep talk with k Camp.
Speaker 1: What's uping man?
Speaker 5: It's Mek Camp aka Float and my motivation. You know, it's the only way is up. Stay persistent, Stay consistent, don't let nobody steer you away from your dreams. If you got a passion, if you if you feel like it's it's coming true from your heart, go for it. You know, Get you a good lawyer, good entertainment lawyer, criminal lawyer, it don't matter. Just get you a good lawyer. Stay down, you know what I'm saying, Trust the process.
Speaker 1: Every day. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Gonna be dark. You know what I'm saying. We made it out the dark dark tunnel soul. You can to keep grinding to see his float it did.
Speaker 2: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platform at baller Alert, log on to baller alert dot com