Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up Up, They making Noise Up start Up dot.
Speaker 2: Up, Episode three twenty the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. Yeah, David Broally working on a holiday?
Speaker 3: Are we? They kept everybody waiting, including me with your jingle Ball concert tour. It's been crazy, you know, don't you a gallopanting? That's a good way, like that word. You a gallivanting around the country going to jingle Ball concert.
Speaker 2: But we owe the slices of this episode. That's we're working during an off week. It's okay though, because we skipped a week, a lot, a lot's been happening. I'm kind of happy we're doing it now because a lot more is transpired, you know, and I would have forgotten it all if we just returned in the new year.
Speaker 4: It's like actually fresh in my in my in my brain right now.
Speaker 3: Good. Well, Luckily I write everything down so and I screenshot things and I have sound to play. One of the other reasons that we didn't do a podcast the week of the sixteenth of December, I guess this is the week we missed is I had minor surgery. I'm fine. But the best part about the minor surgery. Well, the worst part was I can't play pickleball for a couple of weeks, So no pickleball stories.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the worst part the fact that you you weren't allowed to yell.
Speaker 3: No, I not yell. Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the doctor you were on doctor's orders, it said, hey, man, take easy for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Don't let your blood pressure get.
Speaker 3: They said, don't. What they said was don't do anything strenuous, right. So I so I said, like I do a podcast, right, yell. They said, if yelling is strenuous, don't do that. So they didn't specifically don't yell right, but they said right. And then because I had to be intubated, you know that they put the tube in your throat. Uh huh. My throat hurt for four or five days. Ah, so I had saw throat. So I was eating ice cream like a fiend. So uh you know, so I gained like almost four pounds eating ice cream.
Speaker 4: Not the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Now, that part was good. So I couldn't I can't play. I couldn't play pick a ball because, like you know, you don't want to jostle anything, you know, whatever, I go. But I have the good news is I have pre and during and post surgery. Uh stuff for the podcast. Of course, it wouldn't be a Dave Brodie. Uh. You don't have walks in the park.
Speaker 4: You never had. Nothing is easy breezy with you.
Speaker 3: There's always a process, there's always a fight, there's a disagreement and argue. This is my fault.
Speaker 4: I had a disagreement before the surgery, of course.
Speaker 3: Okay. I call the doctor's office and it says like press one to make an appointment, you know, press two for pre op questions, press three for post op questions, you know, for for questions about the surgery you've already had. Is what I think is what it said. So I'm like, well, I haven't had the surgery yet, so pre op right, So I'm calling because I wanted to ask a question about, you know, what I can do after the surgery, because they do like telemed appointments where you talk to like a physician's assistant and answer all your questions. But my appointment for that was like two weeks away, and I really had a question about, you know, what could I do because you know what I wanted to do this week, which I can't. My friend Jeff, he's like, Oh, I'm going to Vermont. My buddy's got a cabin in Vermont. He's got snowmobiles. Let's go up there. We'll go snowmobile and it'll be free or snowmobile. I'm like, that's great. I've always wanted a snowmobil. Fantastic. I'm like, all right, well that's that's like ten days after surgery. So I'm like, I got to know the answer now. They told me it would be a couple of weeks recovery, but let me see, can I snowmobile?
Speaker 4: So I call up.
Speaker 3: And I so, I said, uh, I have a question about recovery after surgery. She says, oh, so you pressed the wrong button. You have a postop question. When was your surgery? I said no, No, I had the surgery yet, So it's a pre op question. I said, well, no, it's a question about postop. I want to ask a question about something after the surgery. Well, then it's a Then it's a post op question, is it Okay? Yes, but I'm asking you a question that I need to know before the surgery. Therefore, my question is pre op I haven't had the surgery yet.
Speaker 4: So you're taking things very literally.
Speaker 3: But that is why are you blaming me. She's the one now one, yeah, fuck you, it is postop fuck you because it has to do with post op things, Okay, the literal sense of before you have the surgery, versus you have a question about something that happened.
Speaker 4: What's going on with somebody?
Speaker 3: But I need to know before the surgery, which is fine, but you still need to talk to a pre post press two for post op. No I pressed one for pre op question and said, press three if you have a question about the surgery you already had, well, I didn't have the surgery.
Speaker 4: You're the one taking things too literal.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're saying, even though it was a but it was a conversation pre op, I hadn't had the op yet. No op, okay, no op, no op. All right, So let me tell you what happened when I got to the hospital. So I get there and I hear David Brody too, David Brody too. Well, I don't know what that means. I'm sitting in the waiting room. I don't know what that means. So I get up and there's like four counters and I go up, I go, what does David Brody too mean?
Speaker 4: Oh, you have to go to window two.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it's logical. Would it have killed anyone to say window two? How would I know that? I just go to two. I didn't know. I didn't even know the word windows.
Speaker 4: You're a smart man, you could figure these things out.
Speaker 3: Well, I figured it out when I went over to four and realized it was a four. But I couldn't see the two worth of four from where I was sitting anyway. So the woman gives me paperwork to fill out. Again. It's post surgery. It's five o'clock in the morning. I had to get there really early, and I said I have a question just so. She goes, oh h the answer is blah blah blah. Said no, no, it's not my question. Oh well, then your answers blah blah blah blah. I said, it's not my question. Just oh well, trust me. I know everybody has the same questions before that. When they got I go, okay, what's my question? It all it's just well, you want to know if you should write you Nope, that's not my question.
Speaker 4: Just well, what's your question?
Speaker 3: I go, can I have a penn? Thiss one's not working? She was so fucking cocky. She was like, I mean, your question is about the capitalists, say nope. Well your question is which light? Nope. So they hear it all the time. I get it, they hear it all the time. Okay, So then dide I go in I have to do blood work. I get into the pre surgical bed. I'm in the gown and you know, the doctor eventually comes in and talk to you. First, the anesthesiologist comes out. Now i've had surgeries before. Scary. I don't know if you've had surgery. The anesthesiologist comes in and says, usually, hey, I'm gonna let you know a maniestesiologist. This is how it's gonna work.
Speaker 4: I had this for I call an oscopy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were cracking wise, there were you know, there are a bunch of jokesters.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was like the anesthesiologist and the doctor like did a routine together, right right, because they're putting a tube of your ass. Anyway, So the woman comes in and she's, uh, you know, they're like usually like friendly, they want to put you at ease. And this woman had a I want to say Eastern European accent. So I'm going to do the accent because it's important to the story. And she said, hello, I welcome, mister Brody. I said yes. So she says, I want to go over things with you. I said, okay, very good. Yes, I'm you anesthesiologist, and we're going over the procedure, let you know, and I want to go over things that could go wrong, because it's important. You know, nothing is one but very rare, very rare. But things could happen. I said, okay, you know, side the facts they have to tell you, of course, of course, okay. So she says, you know you could have a diarrhea, you could have upset stomach afterwards, you could have a reaction, and you could have vomiting. You know, heart lung, you know like that right? So I said, what do you mean heart lung? What does hartlung mean? You know, things could happen, you know, heart lung. You can't come in here, I said, forgive me, but if you're going to tell me what could go wrong, you can't just start naming body parts. What do you mean heart lung? You were specific, he said, diarrhea, He said, uh, vomiting and harmless heart. You can't heart lung. You know, things could happen, you could have What does it matter? I go, it matters because your job is to tell me what now. Look, I'm not sure. Look, I don't want to upset this lady because she's in charge of my life. She can anesthesiologists me to death. Right, I'm like trying to be calm, but I'm very nervous because I'm going into surgery. Then she's like, you know, hot lung. So I go, what is okay? All right? I tell you you could have heart attack, aspirations, palpitations. You could die from heart attack. You could have stroke, Okay, you could have seizure and lung. You could have lung collapsed, you could you could have problem breathing. You could Yeah, could you jump to these conclusions on your own?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what heart lung she could? You don't flock neck, you know, but you don't want to know. You don't want to know.
Speaker 3: And when somebody doesn't want to tell me, now I have to know how bad it could be. Something else better hit my bus, I go, I don't don't tell me hit my bus. Analogies just tell me I'm not going to have a heart attack or a stroke. I can't do that legally. I have to tell you it could happen. I go okay, So okay. So so about a half hour later, the doctor comes in whatever. And then then I guess a nurse's assistant or a nurse whatever. She's gonnaheel me down the surgery feet first. I'm on the cart with you know, the gurney right the bed. So we get to uh, we get to the hallway, and she goes, all right, now, listen the way the operating room is situated. I have to turn you around, so we have to go in backwards. Okay. So she turns me around, and now she's behind by my head and we're going down this narrow hallway.
Speaker 4: Why is it narrow?
Speaker 3: Scary? Because the hallways lined with filing cabinets and other gurneys and supply cabinets. There's just enough room for the gurney and maybe an inch on each side of the gurney. Right, okay, keep your keep your arms and legs in, keep my arms and legs in. Say we're going through the whole bomb and then we're going down and the big dam and she's clanking against the sides and she's hitting the things on the side. So I go, whoa, I go, you're not involved in the surgery? Are you remember the game operation?
Speaker 2: We had to take the part right and they would buzz and sides don't bring right although because if you didn't have a steady hand, then uh it would touch the sides and the nose would light up and right.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, no offense, but are you are you? Are you? Are you? Are you being involved in the surgery? She says no, no, no, no, sir. I'm just I just I just transport you. I go, okay. So I'm like, she hit the sides like four or five times. So we go into the surgical room and there's two nurses and that they're they're playing, uh, playing music in there for themselves, which is fine, and they okay, you have to move over to the flat bed like the surgery table. So they have me scooch over to the surgery table and I hear the anesthesiologists behind me. I can't see her because you're looking straight up, and I hear her say, let's do this, let's do this. She can't wait to knock me out because I'm I'm talking, I'm I'm laughing, I'm making jokes for people. All of a sudden, scary, I feel like I'm a rumbling in my stom. I gotta go to the bathroom, like I gotta go. But if they put you out, do you end up going? Maybe I'll poop the table. I don't know. So I said, listen, what is the protocol? I suddenly have to go to the bathroom. She was number one and number two. I go number two in a bad way. I feel it because I haven't eaten, you know, like twelve hours or whatever. She says, It's natural. Everybody feels that way. They get nervous. I said, if I'm under what happens if I have an upset stomach? She was, I get him back on the gurney. Let's get him back out to the bathroom. So they rolled me back out to the bathroom and I go through the hallway of doing them again. Boom, I'm at my hospital down right. I have to get up and like close my back anyway hold one. So when we come back to the hallway after my bathroom, I said, can you do me a favor? Can we get a second person? To hold the front end of my my gurney. So she gets the second person and we go down the hallway smoothly. I go into surgery and I'm on the table. The doctor hasn't The doctor walks in right because he's like, oh ah, you're done with the bathroom, and he looks like he's not thrilled. And I went to the bathroom because as I was leaving the first time, he was walking in and you see me, she's me leaving and he looked like, hey, I'm fucking ready and you'll leave him so al ready I pissed him off. So I hear I hear her again, the estesiologist, all right, push it, we're doing it now. Can we get this over with? Please, get this over with. Please. That's not comforting, yeah, because now you put them in a situation where they got a rush. Right. All I remember is thinking what a And then next thing I know, I was waking up in the recovery room. Yeah. I don't even remember like closing my eyes, nothing, just I remember her going, let push it, get this over with. Like they were annoyed that I went to the bathroom. That's not a good way to go into surgery. Now the fact that I'm alive is is a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm happier here, Brody. How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that after the Commercial Boys podcast.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, Brody?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling better, but I got a scare. So my surgery was on Monday and then no more surgery talk, I promise. And on Friday. Oh, it's about four point thirty on Friday, and I decide, you know, uh, I want to go out. I'm gonna go pick up some dinner. But I'm like laying around the house all week recovering from the surgery. So I'm like, I better get dressed. So I take my shirt off and I go in the I'm getting in the shower and I see that the area where my surgery was not the area, but everything under the area is yellow. My skin is yellow, yellow, god. So I'm like, what the fuck? That's not normal. I read all because they give you paperwork when you leave surgery, Like what do you call that? I expect? I don't know them. So I'm like, holy shit, I'm turning yellow. That's not right. So I call it's a Friday, like the week before Christmas and nobody's there. The office is called this is the Answering Service. Can I help him? Uh? Yeah, I need someone to get in touch with me. Well, you know, starts five quarter to five on a Friday. Everybody's gone for the weekend. Well, somebody's on call, right, Yeah, what's going on? I'm yellow. I'm turning yellow yellow with like a brown ring around it. I'm yellow, my god, like the size of a honeydew melon. The area is yellow. This is not an area that should be yello. Oh, by the way, it's not my privates. I didn't get my privates operato. Yeah, so I'm like, please having somebody call me back. Forty five minutes later, a doctor calls me. He's like, uh, describe this problem. I go, Well, I had the surgery and like, starting from like an inch blow of surgery, everything's yellow. I'm fucking yellow, like but like it's just awful. Well what was it? So he says, oh, sir, let me explain.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: What happens is there's drainage from the surgery and uh blood drips down right, all right, all right, I don't know. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, man, he said. And what happens is because it's red. It turns the skin because you're white. He's like, you're white. I said yeah. He said, it turns yellow because that's what's showing through. But it's completely normal. It's just gravity is pulling it down and that's why it's spreading. But it's totally normal. It happens in like ten percent a case perfect. I well, it's not in the paperwork. Why is it in the paperwork. Why shouldn't something Oh of course, I'm the ten percent. It should be in the pis scary. Shouldn't it be in the paperwork? Shouldn't be? There's a ten percent like hark lung, better chances to get hit by bosle, letting nature take its course.
Speaker 4: Brodie, are you? Are you okay?
Speaker 3: You doubt you would have freaked the nature take its course. Somebody should tell you might turn yellow?
Speaker 4: All right, you're good.
Speaker 3: You're good though. Now you look great. You sound better than ever. It doesn't sound like skip the beat there, Brody. You should have heard me on the ad that Monday or Tuesday after night. I was like, oh god, that all your free scream. I see you on ice cream. You're back to yelling again, yelling, yelling, yes yellow, no yelling yelling yes yellow not good? All right, fine, fine, that's it. Wait like I got a cooking class story with his no blood.
Speaker 2: Involved, I have I come and even tell you what what happened to me over the holidays.
Speaker 4: Well, let me start with this.
Speaker 2: First of all, do you remember back about I don't know about twenty episodes ago, thirty episodes when I was going for to meet my friend for brunch in Tribeca. I parked a car and the guy came running out of the building asking for fourteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He said he worked in that building and he had no money. He had to work a double shift. Right, he needed fourteen dollars to get back. I gave him.
Speaker 4: I gave him twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Was it Tom's River a sucker? Was it Tom's River somewhere in South Chers? I don't okay, Well, well, the slices can go back and listen and confirm.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's possible, but I might have gotten scammed by the same guy in different neighborhoods, So the same guy twice in different.
Speaker 3: Person I was down in the lower part of Manhattan and Tribeca. And then now this was now in the radio station's building, which is which in midtown on fifty fifth Street, sixty street blocks away.
Speaker 4: Yes, in the middle of Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and the building has a bench.
Speaker 2: Now you could sit your First of all, the thing is you're allowed to cross through. You could go you can go into the building on one end of the street and you come out to the other end of the street.
Speaker 3: It crosses in and it's open to the public walk.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's a pass through. It's a public pass through. But I'm indoors. I'm in the building. I'm sitting on the bench. I'm waiting for I guess Sam to come out. We've gona drive home together. And this guy comes storming out of nowhere. It says, excuse me, Hey, hey, buddy, I need I need, I need your help. I work in this building. My name is Tyrone.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, now I don't remember if the first guy gave me his name that time. I don't remember this guy. And I don't know if the first guy was trying to get back to Red Bank or Tom's River. But check the guys checked the video. One of those Well, this guy's like, my name is Tyrone.
Speaker 2: I need and and I gotta get back to Tom's river. I got no money in my wallet, and they towed my car and I'm just getting up work. I told the last guy's car. So I'm like, I'm sitting there with you know, deja vous. I'm like, oh my god, it's the same Is this the same story. It can't be the same guy. It can't be. But this guy's name was Tyrone. I don't know what the guy's name is the first story.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't matter. It's probably not his real name anyway. And he anyway, he and the magic amount of money he needed was fourteen dollars to get back to Tom. So I'm like, oh my god. And then he goes, he adds, he follows up, and he goes, listen, he goes, I work in this building. He goes, I said, I do too.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'll you meet me here tomorrow at this time and I'll pay back. Now I'm looking at him, and I give him a really long stare. And the guy, you know, the guy had like business attire on. He was like well dressed.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, why wouldn't one of the odds that that was a scam, or I got scammed again, or these guys all use the same story again. Fourteen dollars, Tom's river towed my car, showed me his empty wallet, showed me his ID from the building. The only thing is that other guy worked at the building downtown, the City Court building, because that was the one in Tribeca. So the guy's showing me proof that he works here. I'm like, you know what, I feel bad for this dude. I said, you know what, here's twenty dollars. I said, hey forward, I said, I don't want to meet you here tomorrow. Just do the right thing and pay it forward. Merry Christmas. You did it again. You got scammed again by my car. Was told guy, it couldn't be those it's a scam ring and they all have the same speech. It couldn't pay you the last time. Fourteen dollars is a great amount because it's like almost fifteen but not quite, and no one's walking around with a ten and four singles, so you're like, oh, it's almost fifteen. Oh I'll just give him twenty. I didn't know what nobody has fourteen dollars and he was he.
Speaker 2: Came on, he came on strong, saying that nobody, everybody, everybody's so mean and rude, and you know, and he's trying to just he just has to get back to Tom's River.
Speaker 3: And how is he parking his car in midtown if he works in that building in his car? Got told if he works in the building, he knows you can't park anywhere in Midtown on the street.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Brody again, I need to believe.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, please Scary give me a twenty every once in a while for putting up with this bullshit. You are the most gullible slices. If you're sitting back on it's Christmas miracle. He's such a good person, Brody, you're being mean. He's such he said, He's not generous. He's a sucker. I'm not a sucker. He got scammed. Scary doesn't donate to charities, He doesn't like help out at the homeless shelters, serving soup to people.
Speaker 2: Yes I do, y, Yes I did. I actually did pack sandwiches for three hours. Yeah, it was a morning show thing.
Speaker 4: You did it. I get that.
Speaker 3: It was nice of you to do that, but you get you got scammed. Look if you said to me, Brody, I saw a guy who needed money game twenty dollars. It's scary.
Speaker 4: You a great person.
Speaker 3: You got lied to and you believed it.
Speaker 2: What are the odds though, that that this is a scam? Because who couldn't be.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be. It's one to one. It's a scam. That's the scam. They all huddle up in the morning. You're like, all right, we're doing the fourteen dollar thing to South Jersey. Yep, got it?
Speaker 2: But do they? That's why I'm saying was just the same guy. But I don't think it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know, so I says, check check my facts from the h from twenty episodes ago. Whatever that was, I don't know. Anyway, this guy's name was Tyrone. He showed me his ID. It was fourteen dollars and he wanted to go to Tom's River. A train ticket from New York Penn Station to Red Bank, New Jersey is between ten and sixteen dollars. So that's true on the time. No, they they have to make it as truthful sounding as foss.
Speaker 4: What about Midtown? What about Midtown to Tom's River?
Speaker 3: That is Penn Station, You dumb fuck. You can't take it t.
Speaker 4: Midtown.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, No, that was Penn Station, Penn Station to Toms River.
Speaker 4: You did red Bank.
Speaker 3: Red Bank ticket from Penn Station to Tom's River, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, Well anyway, that was my thirty four dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh he needed more than twenty.
Speaker 3: If he was going there, that's the case, all right. Maybe he had a different route. No, maybe lying to you, why can't you get people better? Doubt who drives from Tom's River to Manhattan works in that building, which means he drives. He works there every day and leaves his car where he gets towed. That's not a thing tourists might park. They're not understanding the signs. You work in the building, you work in Manhattan. You know that you can't park on on crosstown streets in Midtown.
Speaker 4: You can't. It's all loading zones.
Speaker 3: There's no on street parking really, not on the on the cross streets, on the Avenue is there's some meters. Come on, now, come on, now, you are a sucker. You got plant a scamboney jingle. You got scambonied. You should have that ready.
Speaker 2: I didn't ready, But I don't think I got scambonied.
Speaker 3: I think that I did a good almost you got rebonied. It's not a scambony. I'm trying with bubble bonied. You got Eiffel Tower bonied. I'm sorry, London Bridge bonied.
Speaker 2: I need to believe the greater good in people that they're not gonna pull shit.
Speaker 3: Greater good.
Speaker 4: The guy was wearing a suit, all right.
Speaker 3: He's wearing a suit, yeah, that he bought for twenty dollars a pop. He's putting his twenty dollars he's financing. He looked like he belonged. He looked like he was a businessman in the building. The only thing I can see is if you came out, if you came out, if he came out of the turnstile, or if he came from across the other way, the other you know, out of the doorway. I don't know. You know what street you work on? Is there any parking on either street through the passway? I mean there's parking, but it's not on the street. Yeah, there is, there is on the street.
Speaker 2: You can park on the street, yeah, but you'll get towed, right, that's not parking. I think it's pretty feasible that he got he got towed Yeah, why don't you go back up to his office and talk to his coworkers.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know the answer to these questions.
Speaker 3: Right, he works in that building. Should said to him, Okay, show me your id, walk through the turnstiles, go through the turnstiles, show me your work here.
Speaker 4: Oh my, my, My idea was in the car, got toad.
Speaker 3: But there's ways to see. It's like when someone wants to sell you concert tickets outside of a concert and they're like, oh, I have extra tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would never buy those.
Speaker 3: See, that's a scam that I will walk me in, walk me in, Let me walk in with the tickets, and I'll pay you if I can't walk in on a pan. You if the guy doesn't go through the turnstiles, he doesn't fucking work there. You got scambony slices, leave talkbacks. Scary, the most gullible brick. Scary. You want to buy a bridge? My call was told I got to sell this bridge.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: I was gonna put the bridge in my car and take it back to Trenton, New Jersey, but I can't now, So you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge for me? Scary?
Speaker 4: I also, wait till you hear what happened with me in toilet Brian.
Speaker 3: Remember toilet Brian. Yeah, he sleeps on a toilet all the time.
Speaker 5: After this the Brooklyn Boys podcast, we will be right.
Speaker 3: Back before I forget it's Scarius. Since we're talking about Christmas, I have to call you out on something. Okay, we did slice time before Christmas. We did two of them. We did one after Christmas, and we did one before. I want to talk about what happened before they did the one before. Scary says to me, let's do the podcast at this time. Okay, he says. I. Then he texted me, I'm waiting for a delivery. Hold on, it's give me about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem.
Speaker 3: So then I go downstairs and I log in and whatever, and I go Scary ready to go. He's like, yeah, I just fuck it. My delivery is not here. I go, what are you getting?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Food delivered? Because Scary gets food delivered a lot. He does grub, hob Uber, eats, whatever, Postmates, whatever, shit. He's always getting food delivered. He's a bachelor, you know. So he says, oh, the doorman's called me. I got a guy. I gotta go downstairs. What's the matter. He says, Uh, my wrapping paper is here. Yeah, what wrapping paper I got? I goes, I got wrapping paper? I go, what did you order an Amazon? Nope? Nope, I gotta go. I gotta go break, I go, I go, I guess I go ahead. He runs downstairs. He keeps me waiting out ten fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, comes back.
Speaker 3: I said, Scary, what what the what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I don't understand what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I ordered it? He goes, I ordered wrapping paper. I got it from like no wrapping paper Hub. No. So go ahead, Scary, tell everybody, well, how you got wrapping paper delivered to your apartment building a few days before Christmas? Uber eats. Uber eats has a delivery It's like they have a delivery service. So if you click on like like home care, there's appliances and things and groceries, there's a section that you can shop at CVS or Walgreens.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, fuck it, give me some of this wrapping paper. I need this right now. And now.
Speaker 2: I keep in mind we were recording Slice time. I had five things going on at once. I ran out of wrapping paper I figured, let's let let me do that, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to it's lifetime because I would have had to go out. It was it was cold that night, it was raining. I think it was awful weather. So you know what, I'd rather show up to my, uh my apartment, and I got my I get my wrapping paper delivered to my doorm and I just wrote, go downstairs. He'd go down the elevator. I grabbed my wrapping paper and I'd come back up. Now, I mean maybe there was some added fees, you know, involved in the instead.
Speaker 3: Wrapping is Scary. Scary didn't realize that Christmas was coming. The date moves around all the time, Like I get it with Honkah, Like Hankakah was first time. Hankakah was Christmas this year? But Christmas is always a twenty fifth. How do you not know you're gonna need wrapping paper?
Speaker 2: Before I had wrapping paper, I ran out. I didn't know that the role was so much was coming to the end.
Speaker 3: So Scary is such a boogie bastard. He had Uber deliver him wrapping paper. That is the world Scary lives in well. Wrapping paper itself was like four dollars. Yeah, and then the uber I guess I tipped the guy three dollars. Uh huh, so seven bucks and there was some tax there and it was a which was delivery fee was like two dollars. I don't know. I might have paid double for the wrapping paper. Well, it sounds like you're up to at least nine ten dollars. The point is scarce. I can't do the podcast yet. My my wrapping paper is being delivered.
Speaker 4: Well, everyone DOWNSTA doesn't get it. I don't want someone to steal it.
Speaker 3: You know. You know what it reminded me of so a long time ago when I was a manager of Starbucks, I worked in It's a location. I don't think it's there anymore. It was the first Starbucks in New York State. You're talking to the right now. The person talking sold the first frappuccino in New York State, me, David Brody. So, I don't know how well you know Great Neck. But Long Island, if you're not familiar with the area, is a very long peninsula. It's Brooklyn, Queens and then the rest of it they called Long Island. It's like a pean It's very big, but on the on the shore, like on the north part and the south part, because it's on the water that tends to be where rich people live.
Speaker 4: And the further you.
Speaker 3: Go out right and Long Island has peninsulas like these giant areas that shoot up north and south off the island, which creates Watts Scary, More Beachfront, More Wat Part and Glen Cove and right, so great King's Point and Great Great Okay, thank you for mentioning it. King's Point. So Great Neck is an affluent neighborhood on a peninsula. However, the tip of Great Neck is so rich it's got its own name, King's Point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the tip of the rich.
Speaker 3: This is where movie stars, famous people, billionaires live King's Point. And because I was a manager of Starbucks, obviously affluent people. This is when Starbucks was only opening up in rich neighborhoods. This is a long time ago, a fucking long time ago. So Starbucks originally when they came to New York, only opened up in rich neighborhoods in New Jersey where I opened, by the way, I opened up the first two stores in New Jersey as well, Thank you very much. And Ridgewood and Westfield were the first two anyway. So I'm in Great Neck. We're already rich people are shopping. But all the kids that work this scary. All the people I hired were like high school kids working at Starbucks. Sure, it was before they were like adults working there. It was a new thing. And it was all part time kids, right. And all the kids were rich, sure, rich, but they were raised properly to have jobs. Even though they were rich. They were like, you have to have a job. You have to work after school, you have to have a job. So the kids would get driven to work in Jaguars and Porsches and Mercedes bands. Sure. And I'm like this kid from Brooklyn at the time, managing the Starbucks people kids in Kings Park. This is before Uber and Lyft used to pay car service. You guys, remember what car service was. It was just like you call a company that had cars before in a time before Uber, Right, they would pay. And I don't know why I didn't think of this as a service because I'd be rich now. They would pay car services to come to Starbucks this is in the nineties and pick up the order, yeah, and drive it back to them and their mansions in King's Park in a time before King's Park, and right King's Park, King is King's Park or Kings Park, I don't know, yeah, King's Park. And so I was like, what a bunch of bougie bastards. They're paying a car service because they were either like, you know, it's like a Saturday night and they were like, oh, you know they had like a sleepover.
Speaker 4: They didn't, they weren't old enough to drive whatever.
Speaker 3: They just were like, oh, let's pay a car service when that wasn't a thing scary. Instead of making fun of them in the nineties, if I had said, what a great idea, have a company that delivers food to you that they don't. They're not work for the restaurant. They're just a company that drives cars. I could be a billionaire and now of these rich kids. For all I know, these rich kids could have been the ones who had the idea. But they used to pay people to go get them coffee.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's even worse. It's like you're talking about coffee. They got coffee makers at their rich houses. They got rich coffee makers, they got big, big ass coffee makers, but they would rather order Starbucks and have it paid for delivery.
Speaker 3: Hilarious.
Speaker 4: And this is this is before. This is the nineties.
Speaker 3: People didn't have home espresso machines. They wanted a cappuccino, so these kids, or they wanted a frappuccino.
Speaker 2: So they still call car service acam car service. The rich people had cappuccino machines in the nineties.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, but they were ahead of their time.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 3: This is why rich people stay rich and people like us make fun of them going on put the boogie best.
Speaker 2: They do that all the time for everything people order. Well, you listen, you know me, I'm a man of convenience. I love a good people. I love a good short cut. I mean, if I don't have to wait online and somebody I could pay somebody to wait online for me to do something great, I'm in time is money man.
Speaker 3: But if to get it at a fast food place, we have to go back up to the counter to get your food, he would call Uber Eats to go to the counter for him and bring it to his table.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a big there's there's a big controversy right now in New York City with the whole with the reservation system with these restaurants. A lot of the restaurants they you know, they all get kind of bought up by these bots. They kind of like there's a problem with it. They want to get this room scalp. But restaurants they want, right, they want they want all the big restaurant reservations, these big restaurants, all the hard to get ones, you know, they're all just taken very quickly.
Speaker 3: So now you have a chance to buy reservations, so someone gets it for you and then you pay that person for the reservation.
Speaker 2: It's like a third party these third party apps. So like I can actually if I want, if I really want to eat a Carbone tonight or Torresi or these big, you know restaurants, with these high fallutint uh restaurant waiting lists, I can probably bulldoze my way into a Carbone eight o'clock for four people and pay a premium for that reservation.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Now they're trying to do away with it in February. I don't know if it's going to happen or not.
Speaker 4: But whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, point is, if you if there's something out there, a service that is is or something that's highly coveted, people find a way to pay to get it. Look at theater tickets, look at look at uh any pretty much anything you want to get.
Speaker 4: Your hands on.
Speaker 2: Experiences, one of a kind experiences. People will pay a premium and people will pay other people.
Speaker 3: To get that done for them. There's it's a thing called the concierge service where rich people will say they'll pay a month for or membership fee, and then like, look, I want to make sure that I go see the Super Bowl. Get me the tickets. I don't care how you, I don't care what it costs. Get me the health knows somebody who does that.
Speaker 2: Right, craziness Yeah so so yeah. I mean, listen, that's not my world. But when it comes to when it comes to wanting to record a slice, time for the slices, and I don't want to be inconvenience for twenty minutes, I'm going to pay the extra four dollars to have someone delivered me by wrapping paper.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, why not? Hey? Speaking of carbone, I sometimes crack myself up on other people's stupidity. But you know, carbone is spelled car bone bona carbone. Okay. I watched Instagram reel a reel, and it was a girl who was talking about the food and carbone and how she spent two hundred dollars on dinner for her and for she and her partner, for her and her partner. And so this person writes two on dollar. Are you sure you went to carbon l O L C A R B O N. Of course they spelled it right, So I wrote back, I don't want to correct you, but Carbon is a copy hio. Yeah, it's not the same restaurant, and like it's just a copy. That's hilarious, I thought, So I'm gonna get go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'll tell you about toilet Brian a little bit.
Speaker 3: But but what were you going to?
Speaker 4: You have something short that you wanted.
Speaker 3: To get into. Yeah, something something short, something short. I wanted to ask you. Uh uh, you know when you call people out, when you correct people, what's the rule?
Speaker 4: Make sure that you're right right?
Speaker 3: Rule number one? Correcting people be correct. So I'm in a Facebook group and it's about uh, it's it's an eighties metal group, right, eighties hairbands and whatnot? I do. Yeah. Anyway, someone puts up a meme and it's a guy leaning against his car. It's a seventy nine Firebird, and it says, hey, babe, you want to go for a ride in my seventy nine Firebird and listen to some Motley Crue. And it's a guy with a mullet. And the joke is like, this guy looks like the kind of guy who would say that. Right, that's why it's a meme. So this person writes, I don't think that timeline's correct. I don't even remember hearing about Motley Crue until after nineteen eighty four, so that can't be possible.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that this guy with a.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine Firebird would want to hear Motley Crue. So, first of all, Motley Crue's first album came out eighty one, so this person doesn't even know Motley Crue. But second of all, scary, why couldn't you own a seventy nine Firebird in nineteen eighty one? You could, you could. You could also have had one in nineteen eighty four or eighty six. Right, This person is correcting the meme, going, no, no, there was no Motley Crue when this guy had a seventy nine Firebird. I could have a seventy nine firebird today. It's an idiot. Idiot. That's an idiot. That's an idiot. This guy thought he was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna show my knowledge of Motley Crue that they weren't around in seventy nine. What the fuck is wrong with people? Idiots that didn't say brand new seventy nine. Here's another one. Okay, In the pizza group I'm in, this guy writes, someone puts up a slice of pizza from a pizza place, and this guy writes, tried it once. That was enough for me. So the next person comments and says, well, did you like it? What are the possible outcomes of somebody writing I tried it once that was enough for me? Does that sound like a glowing review?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: He fucking loved it.
Speaker 3: No, I loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to me, that's why I never had it again?
Speaker 3: Right, right enough?
Speaker 2: That's enough for me. If I like something, I want it again and again and again. That's human nature. If I love it, I don't go yeah, I never have to have that again. That was too delicious.
Speaker 3: Well did you like it?
Speaker 4: Give you one more?
Speaker 3: Give me?
Speaker 4: This is the intellect of the internet. Okay.
Speaker 3: This person in the same pizza group put up a picture of Kirkland brand pizza from right from Costco, Kirkland ten dollar pizza ten dollar by but they wrote the word ten then the dollar sign ten dollar pizza not bad.
Speaker 4: Don't be a h a t t er.
Speaker 3: A hatter, Yeah, don't be a hatter.
Speaker 4: Don't be a mad hatter. Don't be a hatter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good advice. Don't don't be a hatter. And then everybody was putting up hat puns. But yeah, don't be a hatter, scary idiots.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you're good.
Speaker 3: I got one more. Okay, since you asked, somebody put up a picture of Yankee Stadium, an aerial shot of Yankee Stadium. Yeah. I don't know if you could see that right, see the picture. Yeah, and the and the old Yankee Stadium right next to it. So they were building one while they were tearing down the other one, you know whatever. Once upon it, this is what the post was. Once upon a time, there were two Yankee stadiums for a moment in time. No, there wasn't. They were never both opened at the same time. That's not the point. Listen the way he wrote it. Once upon a time, Yeah, there were two Yankee stadiums for a moment in time.
Speaker 4: I think you could end it at two Yankee stadiums.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bitt Once upon a time there were two Yankee stadiums for a moment in time. Yeah, this is who's out. Get them off the Internet and more importantly, get me off the Internet. I got one more for you. A video scary. It was a video from Friends, and it was It was a scene where Jennifer Aniston is talking to Ross. He runs up the stairs and then he falls down the stairs and gets injured. It looks like he falls down the stairs, except he wasn't supposed to fall down the stairs in the script. So what they did was Ross ran up the fake stairs and they threw a dummy down the stairs dressed like Ross, and Jennifer an screamed.
Speaker 4: She thought.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh my god, are you okay? And they kept it in the show because they wanted her natural reaction. So they pretended he fell down the stairs to get her natural reaction of him falling down the stairs. So the video in Big Font Rachel's reaction was real. Nobody told her that this was the scene, right, That's why her reaction is real. The first comment I heard. They surprised Jennifer Anderston with the scene so they would get a real reaction from her. Has anyone else heard this? That's the video.
Speaker 2: That's the video, right, the video, and it explains it right there, right there.
Speaker 3: And then someone wrote I've just recently heard the same thing. I wonder where it was. Oh yeah, the fucking caption on the front of the video. So I didn't have to comment. I love these people, okay, one last one, one last one, because it's it's the same theory. I'm in a rock group, as I mentioned, and they're showing the band, whether you know the band or not as irrelevant, but it's the band. Molly Hatchet Ha had a song called Flirting with Disaster. They were a big band in the seventies, and it's a picture of all six members of the band and then next to their next to their pictures, it shows you the year that the day they died. Okay, it shows all six members are dead. This person writes they're still touring with the current but the current band has no one from the original lineup.
Speaker 4: Well no, shits Sherlock.
Speaker 3: They all died, right, So so I wrote, that's that's really fucking helpful information.
Speaker 4: Since this post is about how they're all dead.
Speaker 3: This person's complaining that they goes, I don't know if you know this, but no one in the band is in the band anymore from the original band because they're dead. The post is about them being dead. People don't read, they don't read.
Speaker 4: My brain hurts. My brain hurts.
Speaker 3: How badly is it with Si and Rody? What you want one more? I'll give you one less one. I'll call this segment dumb people on Facebook. You know, when you're on Facebook, and sometimes it's like a row of reels and like you can click them. I feel like sometimes it's a quiz or a roller coaster or a math quiz. Like if you click on one of them and I've told you this, then your algorithm starts giving you more and more videos like that. Okay, this one popped up and it says, what is the only country that can be spelled using just one row of an English keyboard? Uh?
Speaker 4: Just one row? Like it's gotta be the same row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about the issue, I'll give you the answer. It's Peru. Okay, but this person, Stanley, he writes, so somebody wrote Europe because you can write Europe the top line, not a country, it's a person wrote. The answer is Alaska. Europe is a continent, not a country. Scary.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, Alaska is a state. Thank you, idiot idiots like duh, it's Alaska. Europe is not a continent, it was a continent. Okay, that hilariously ironically stupid is what I wrote. Wow, people, Okay, Well you want to hear something. You want to hear something dumb that happened. I don't mean I'm still trying to make some sense of it. But you know, while I was in Miami for for y one hundred jingle Ball, I get a call on Friday morning. Now my buddy toilet Brian, great friend of mine, my whole my whole life.
Speaker 3: You know, Brian's great guy. We love him. Radio dude good Man lives in Chicago occasionally comes to visit.
Speaker 4: Timing was timing was poor.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He came to visit and I wasn't around, So I said, don't worry about it, just you could crush it in my place. Not not a big not a big issue, you know, because we know each other like that. So he used my apartment while I was gone. And again timing was unfortunate, but he had the flight booked.
Speaker 3: Did you tell him how to turn the Yeah? Yeah yeah he.
Speaker 2: Has to call out and ask his best friends Alexa and Siri. So yeah, my my my house is on you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: We have that when I stood in the dark in your apartment exactly. So Thursday he comes in Thursday. And then Friday morning, as I'm getting off the air, I got a phone call from the building management here in my condo complex. Oh was your was your was your toilet paper being delivered? Yeah? It was uh a guy that I never hear from from corporate, Like, oh, why is he calling me?
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, Anthony. I'm like, yeah, well, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Were you shitting the brick about maybe thinking about maybe getting fired? What do you mean, like your buddy, the traffic the person on the air in l got fired during I was yeah, pretty much that. But except that time of year. Bro? Why am I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But why why am I hearing from the condo guy?
Speaker 4: That's weird? He never calls me?
Speaker 3: Yeah cond guy. I thought he said corporate, like the ide corporate.
Speaker 4: The corporate condo guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not that, not the super not the people behind, not the front desk.
Speaker 3: Oh you got an edible arrangement. No, none of that.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh, Anthony, hey, do you you have a guest staying with you?
Speaker 3: I said yes.
Speaker 2: He goes, okay, Well, we're still trying to piece the footage together from last night, from two o'clock in the morning, but we have all this footage of a guy who got off at the wrong floor apparently, and he used the key to open up the wrong the wrong floors, but what looked like your apartment, but it was in the same line, but it was on a different floor. He tried to use it, well, he did use it, and then it wouldn't work. No, no, So he tried to use it and he I guess something happened caused a commotion. He basically he goes, yeah, he goes, and his face was bleeding. I'm like, what, So all these things start going through my mind. I said, so what happened? He well, we got the video, you know. The tenant from that unit came out saw that the guy was like kind of wobbling and stumbling and didn't know where he was. They called the paramedics, the ambulance and they escorted him to what The last we have is a video of him going into your unit, and I'm like, well, I'm like, well, thank god he found his way.
Speaker 4: I said, that was my boy. I said, so what happened?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So, like several hours later, Brian calls me and he's like, dude, I said, dude, I already know. I says, this video of you all over the place of trying to get into my building, trying to getting over at the wrong.
Speaker 4: Floor, and your face was bloodied. I said, what happened?
Speaker 3: He goes, well, I thought, I ubered home and he looked at his He looked at his you know, Uber transactions, and there was not one transaction in there, which means when he went into Hoboken to hang out to his friends to drink, he ended up walking home. But he also took a lot more steps than usual, meaning like.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, he walked home, He walked to your place.
Speaker 2: From he walked from my place to Hoboken and then from Hoboken walked back to my place at like one two in.
Speaker 3: The morning, when he should have I know, he walked. He walked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he walked from Hoboken to Jersey City and tell people where you live.
Speaker 3: That's okay. People know I live in Jersey City. But the problem is he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know how he got blood on it or how he got you know, his his nose was hurting him. So we deduced. We deduced he did not get into a fight. He did not get into a fight. He must have been walking home and he tripped and he fell because he's got scratches and scrapes that looked like, you know, kind of like scratch across the pavement. But luckily nothing else happened to him.
Speaker 3: But poor guy, you know, and then he was all rattled, and I guess he was upset, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: He went home a day early. He was like, I'm just catching a flight back. I got got out of here. But so I feel so bad for him. Man, he's he's one of my closest friends.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine, just are you sure he didn't trip in your apartment because he couldn't get lights to go on. That's what I'm no, no, no, that the they have the camera footage, the surveillance, but yeah, they It's just I don't know what to say other than can you this is why.
Speaker 4: I don't drink.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if I hadn't been out with him, I would have. You want me to chip in fizz drinks, which I'm not doing. I never, but thin, I never.
Speaker 4: I'm never not here for him.
Speaker 3: I felt bad. I was in Florida, I mean, getting this call at ten o'clock in the morning, was like, huh you know, and they're like, no, no worries the no, no crimes were committed.
Speaker 2: It was no, there's no blood on your sheets. No, oh no nothing, no, but no. Estella was here, she cleaned everything. But but no, Brian, couldn't you have Why couldn't you have your housekeeper go out and get your wrapping paper? Brian said, shut up, you dick. Brian said that, Uh no, He's like, no, that everything's fine. He goes it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Uh, oh my god, oh my god. But he he also suspects maybe something might have been put in his drink, because he never gets like that. He doesn't remember, he doesn't remember walking home. He only had a couple of drinks, and he's not a big was his belt unbuckled he'd been talking about here. I'm saying he never had his money in his pocket. He was he mugged, No, he was not. Everything's fine. He he didn't and he's not a belligerent guy either, so it's not like he got into a fight. No, No, he's not that type of not that guy.
Speaker 2: But he he thinks that maybe, you know, something could have been some foul play, putting something put in his drink where he could just blacked out, does not remember coming home.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: You have you ever gotten to that level?
Speaker 3: Scary? I've never been drunk, We've a stablish is.
Speaker 4: Never ever ever in your life.
Speaker 3: No, really, I've been in the club getting tipsy. I've been shaboozied a little, but it was not.
Speaker 2: One time I was at Webster Hall where I had like two drinks and I felt like I'm so obliterated.
Speaker 4: Scary. A ice slide.
Speaker 3: We were at some event at a mole and there was an apple teenie slide. They would pull apple teenis down this ice sculpture and you put your mouth at the bottom of it. Yeah, and you were You were toasted after like two apple tini shots. You are a lightweight, yeah, but have you ever seen me drunk? No or anything, But there was one.
Speaker 2: There was just one time where I went to Webster Hall and I got so shitty and it was only two drinks, so I'm like, someone put something in my drink.
Speaker 3: Had to have waight, you're a lightweight. There A big joke on the morning show used to be Apple teenis would thank you. Yeah, But listen, there's there's there's a feeling of drunk, and then there's a feeling of being run over by mac truck and like that you are almost you know, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Back in the Webster Hall days? This is pre Joe Rogan gummies? Right, so you know there was no dummies. No, I wasn't doing anything else. I wasn't taking any drugs. You know, did you leave me Joe Rogan? He's around for Bryant to sign. Somebody serving me a Bill Cosbopolitan. I don't think that's the case. Like, oh, let's let's slip something and he's a famous radio guy. Let's let's get him from Bill Cosby. He was a funny man. No, he's he.
Speaker 4: Now I can't look at him the same way anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, speaking of Bill Cosby, scary. I have audio I want to play a clip from I have a bunch of audio clips but this one I have to play now coming out of the Bill Cosby conversation. If you can hear this, tell me what this guy's name is, DoD Huh, what's his name? Todd re here?
Speaker 2: Todd reebe, Todd Reeby here, Todd Rapie, Todd Rapie, Tod reape here again. I hear repe But okay, it's close, Todd repe Hold on here, Tod Reapy here again?
Speaker 3: Okay, white question, why haven't you called my office? Okay? So why read here again to ask why are you a question? Why haven't you called my office? Because if your name sounds like Tom Rapie, you shouldn't be saying it on the radio. I'm not trusting him. He's like, yeah, listen, listen again again to ask, Yeah, that's an unfortunate name. Why haven't you called this office? Because your name is Todd Rapie? Like that's a nickname you give the.
Speaker 4: Kid in high school who's kind of creepy.
Speaker 3: Hey, DoD Reapy here again to ask Todd creepy, like creepy to Todd, there's rapey, Todd, it's Todd creepy. His name is Todd Rapie. I don't care if it's rippy. It sounds like rape anyway. Uh, can I play a little more audio? We have to tod. This is sports commentators saying things that sound dirty.
Speaker 5: And as you continue to think about this growing here for Jordan Luck, expect some ball handling.
Speaker 3: That's Tom Brady talking about the quarterback of the Packers. Yeah, well I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you that you will.
Speaker 5: For you to think about it's growing here for Jordan Luck, expect some ball handling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he injured, is growing, so expects them ball handling. There's a whole compilation on TikTok which is hilarious. Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 4: I feel like we should play the whole thing if you have it.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me give you a couple more his uh his another football clip up there and took him on and stopped him in his tracks.
Speaker 5: Overall, they've been yanking the chain, but they haven't come in that often they Have'll.
Speaker 3: Be curious to know how many times they actually came.
Speaker 4: On the bricks.
Speaker 3: Taking the chain. Haven't come that often. So so so the other guy on the stands what he said, It makes this comment there you've got your chain akin, Yeah, that's you see that. Oh my god, that's my fault. Well, that's my fault. You.
Speaker 6: You know, you've kind of threw it out there and the word, the word was in the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said chang yankin, So I'm gonna say chan yankin. Yeah yeah, let me, I think I found it. Let me get this here. It's the common. Then he pulls out.
Speaker 4: You have to like when there's a guy coming right in your face and he just sits in there and delivers it. Got guys coming down his face.
Speaker 6: Feeling is the cowboys probably coming right down their.
Speaker 4: Throats, Tyroll Williams.
Speaker 6: He beats the too, thrusts to get it in Binds has been coming all night long. But then he pulls out and and it's just hard. It's been a while since he's seen a hole that big. He almost didn't know what to do, got five inches on him.
Speaker 3: But that's great. Yeah, Hey, a whole bunch of Oh yeah, yeah, I've heard the baseball one, so that that's a football one. Speaking of dirty words, do we have time for this? Because I got I want to play something and and and take calls. So right after this some dirty audio that isn't dirty apparently, Oh really? Okay, Yeah, I can't wait with Bertie and scary. Now you you uh? Is your audio connected to your soundboard? There?
Speaker 4: Didn't you hear the clip I played?
Speaker 3: Yeh?
Speaker 4: It sounded great. Okay, so wout your question?
Speaker 3: Took it up grade. I can't believe I I whatt a fifty dollars Votecaster one which allows me to plug in this expensive microphone that I have now from from uh like they using like we had in the radio show. I love this and it allows me to play audio off my phone.
Speaker 4: It was fifty bucks. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: Less than you was?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? Pretty much. So I saw a TikTok video and this girl is talking about well, she's talking about how she referred to an older woman slices. You're gonna have to forgive me. I'm gonna refer to the sea word as much as I can without saying the sea word, but you're gonna hear the sea word being said, and apparently scary the sea word now scary.
Speaker 4: What can you tell me about the sea word?
Speaker 3: C unt?
Speaker 4: What can you tell me about what you think think of that word?
Speaker 3: Like? What does that word mean to you?
Speaker 2: It's reserved for special occasions, that's for sure of course, what else can you tell me? Most it makes most women cringe, but I have heard women use it to call other women that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, if you said it to your girlfriend, that'd be like the ultimate, like, how dare you get me that?
Speaker 2: I don't think in the fifteen years i've been with my girlfriend, she's heard me say that word out loud, right, movie, I've used it once or twice in that time.
Speaker 3: Slices, I want you to think about female slices, male slices, men slices. You can leave us talk back. How would your wife react if you called her this or since she.
Speaker 4: Was acting that way, oh, called it to her? Yeah, my girlfriend?
Speaker 3: That if the significant other in your life called you that word in an argument or like you know what, you're a No, I've used the word in front of her, but not to her or about her. Oh my god, I appreciate that, all right, So I want you to hear this. All this of this girl I guess. I guess she's in her twenties. I don't know.
Speaker 4: She came up in my for you page.
Speaker 3: I was scrolling and uh, this is the video talking about because the word was on the screen, and that's why I stopped. I was like, why why, I don't understand. That word's a terrible word. So here's her explaining it that she called an older woman this word. Hold on, hold on, let me opening the video. Play here we go. I was talking about that one lady. I told her she was coumty, which is like a risky thing to tell someone who's not gen Z because every other person thinks that kind of is like a mean and bad thing. And I was like, no, like, you're giving, you're giving. I was talking about, Okay, so what are you giving? She called an older woman the C word, and she says, if you're not gen Z, it's a bad word. But if you are gen Z, it means you're giving, like you're a giving person. I guess you like you're like, in other words, the vagina is a nurturing, life creating thing. Okay, I get all right, So that the word gen z is now using that word as a compliment. Really, I looked up. I looked up on Urban Dictionary what the word cunty means. Cunt wa god sexy, iconic epic never been done before. Someone looks really effing good, you say, bitch, you are so cunty.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So that's a comment.
Speaker 3: Hold on a word used to define something that is very bad, bitch esque, very fierce, very cool. An outfit can be described as this, a person, a photo, anything Her fit looks so cunty. Are these photos cunty? No? Come on, No, no, you're not.
Speaker 4: You're fucking around me now.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: The urban dictionary.
Speaker 2: I want to see. I haven't seen this though used in socie. Have you seen this used on TikTok reels? TikTok's are reels.
Speaker 3: This girl no who I don't follow.
Speaker 4: But she was a little recalcitrant about using.
Speaker 3: The words no.
Speaker 4: She said, you have to be careful using it to get to old people. The thing is yeah.
Speaker 2: But she was self aware, which means that she still thinks it has a connotation. I want to see people just using it in everyday colloquial. What she's saying is, I can call my classmates other people. I know it's a compliment, but older people don't know it's a compliment.
Speaker 3: It's giving.
Speaker 4: When you say something, I know it's giving.
Speaker 3: I know that I know about that one. It's no, no, no, I'm not saying the word giving. I'm saying she's saying the word. The sea word is means giving, Like if you say something, Oh, you're a you're a you're giving giving? Right, let her cook, Let her cook eat no crumbs?
Speaker 6: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Now? Now you can tell Robert that she's a sea word. Oh my god, she that's the name of our episode. See you next Tuesday should be the name of this episode because because it'll be true, because that's an episode will be released.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now we can't do that. How about that?
Speaker 3: How you run on? TikTok taught me, TikTok taught me tiktom Gonna. I'm gonna tell my wife. You know, I'll call her at work. I'll say, hey, you know what, you're a sea word. You're giving. That works for me. Oh god, don't get mad at me that you're not a gen z. You're not hip to the to the lingo slices. I want you to go ahead and call your significant other a sea word and.
Speaker 4: Then leave us a talk back. Let us nott went, tell us how it went.
Speaker 3: Tell us, honey, I meant that you're giving. You're a giving person. Yeah, I love va gianas. It's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to know an even more awkward Generation Is than is Generation Alpha.
Speaker 4: Jen A.
Speaker 2: I spent some time with my nephew Lucas the last forty eight hours because of Christmas Christmas Day, and I realize that these kids don't even talk to each other anymore. Like I was talking to my sister about this, and it turns out my nephew, who's going to be fourteen, he said, is you know they he's got friends, but they're all online. He goes in his room, he puts on headphones, gets on the computer, and they all play group video games together over the computer. Yeah, he doesn't have friends in person. In fact, my sister tried to get him to go hang out with this kid down the street, said, look, oh look someone in your age. He lives here, and then the two of them won't talk to each other or communicate. My sister over the summer went to went to our cousin's house and they were hanging out in the pool, had kids the same age as my nephew. The kids didn't talk, didn't say hello, didn't get to know each other. They were in the pool together. They threw the ball back and forth in the pool for like ten minutes, and then the kid got out of the pool and then he and he leaves and he goes to play Rides's Back with his friends. He leaves my nephew sitting there. So my question is is this really how far we've fallen or or is my nephew awkward? Because I'm hearing more and more that not only do I you know, because obviously they say, oh, kids will go out and play anymore, but now they don't even socialize and they don't even communicate. The one time my sister said that my cousin, my nephew had a friend over. His one friend.
Speaker 4: The two of them just didn't even talk to each other.
Speaker 2: They sit in the room and they're individually gaming, so they just just occupy space together.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. And then I bought my nephew a Sono speaker for Christmas, you know, like I because he doesn't have one. I said to my sister, I said, he is a sound he doesn't have a sound system. Nah, he's got now he's got his headphones in his computer. And I said, well, wouldn't it be great if he had like an actual giant, nice surround sound little speaker in his room.
Speaker 4: This way he can connect Bluetooth to it whatever on his phone. I'm not trying to get him.
Speaker 3: A whole home you know, old school stereo system, but he should at least have a giant Bluetooth speaker in his room.
Speaker 2: Brody, Yeah, I gave it to him for Christmas Eve. The next morning yesterday, he's like, hey, just you know, Uncle Anthony. Yeah, I don't really, I don't really listen to I don't want to waste the gifts, but I don't really listen to music out loud in my room.
Speaker 3: I'm like, huh, he goes, yeah, he goes. Everything's done in headphones, of course.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: But do you know when we were growing up, we had radios around with us. No, but we had music playing in our rooms. Forget about forget about if it's a wired speaker or turntable or CD player.
Speaker 3: If I had music playing in my room, my parents would be on the wall to turn that shit off. Come on, I had to go in the living room, scary and either play my music on the big speakers in the living room when they weren't home, or I had to plug headphones in. Nobody wants to hear another generation's music. Well, you think his parents went and blasted. My sister gave me the approval. She goes, he doesn't have a speaker. It would be great if he had so, but as it turns out, he goes, yeah, he goes, I don't listen to music out loud. I'm like what, because all I wanted to do was get him a Bluetooth speaker so he could go on his phone, put on whatever the fuck he wants, and it just comes out of.
Speaker 2: The speaker in his room. Apparently I'm teenagers now, slices. Let me know if your kids will do this or not. Apparently they don't. They don't do anything with speakers out in the room.
Speaker 4: I mean, my kids don't have speakers.
Speaker 3: They're gonna go death by thirty years old. Because he does everything in headphones everything.
Speaker 2: All so I said, so when you listen to music, he goes, yeah, man, just pop in my earbuds or my headphones.
Speaker 4: You think you see, don't you watch TikTok.
Speaker 3: People are walking around with like Apple air Max pros whatever they're called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the air maxes.
Speaker 3: The air max Yeah they do that at home. Why do you want that ship wrapped in your ear all the time.
Speaker 2: Don't you ever want to walk around your room or the house and have music playing out over a speakers.
Speaker 3: And I will tell you this, My my daughters will listen to music on an Alexis speaker occasionally. They will. They will. But I don't know if the kids, So my kids are in their twenties, and you're talking about like twelve year old, thirteen, thirteen year old kid, my generation maybe doesn't doesn't. That's the that's their thing. That's the headphones. I listen. He's probably calling the girls in his class cunts. What can I tell you?
Speaker 4: Stop it? What he's being a gentleman. It's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Giving, it's giving. No crumbs, Oh my god, everybody ate, everybody ate scared. We're rolling up, we're running the back. No, no, no crumbs, no crumbs. Everybody kids got riz no lots of riz skivvy.
Speaker 4: Do toilet riz for everybody? Give me toilet skiv me?
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: How fun?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 4: We got out of touch?
Speaker 3: Was going on? Here's the thing, slices you back me up here. Every generation has their words and they have its own disease.
Speaker 4: Every generation. That's a great song, Feary in the Slaughterhouse, exactly that.
Speaker 3: Song nobody knows that. I know it.
Speaker 6: You know it.
Speaker 3: I knew you'd know it. It's a great song. I want. I want to say nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 4: Every generation has its own disease. Every generation.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there were words when we were growing up that was stupid. I get it. Do you remember when people used to walk around saying word word word word? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: It meant something I never said it, finish in finish, I'm finn f I n a.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Finna? I don't know. I'm going to. It means I'm going to or something I don't know.
Speaker 2: But listen, I'm not talking about I'm not talking specifically about about the words, the verbiage.
Speaker 4: I get that that changes generationally. You got to keep up with it.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about mannerisms and basic basic behavior.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't go into their room and blast music out of a speaker?
Speaker 3: I guess finna is a slang term that is short for fixing to or going to going to? Yeah, I'm going to, That's what I said. Anyway, what happened to gunner? How does finna replace gunner? Saving any syllables, Well, it's short of fixing too, as which is a Southern term. I'm fixing you know whatever whatever. Well again, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not coming down on the on the lexicon, the vocabulary, because we get that. I'm talking about basic behavior. I'm talking about the fact that people talking to each other, they don't, they will, they will.
Speaker 3: So the one person, the one guy he has in his households, the two of them will sit in the room, occupy the same space, and be in separate headphones playing video games. I have a cousin who lives in Virginia. I love her. She loves me, all right, party, Yes, I love you, you love me. I haven't seen her in a couple of years. Well, she texted me, you know, for the holidays. So she I said, how's it going. She wrote me back, I miss you. I miss hearing from you. I haven't seen each other. So anyway, we went back and forth about how much we missed each other. Right, it never occurred to either one of us to call each other and talk on the phone. We sent text messages, but how much we missed talking to each other. So every generation, every era, whatever, has their own stick.
Speaker 4: Did you ever think what?
Speaker 3: First of all, did you ever think we'd have the technology to walk around with phones in our hands when we were kids. Now, of course no, so technology got so great we got phones. Then the technology got so great we could FaceTime each other. We can have video calls, like we used to read about movies and I watch it on Dick Tracy on his watch. Dick Tracy had to watch right, Nobody even remembers who Dick Tracy is. My point is what do we do with tech technology, FaceTime technology? Where we do with it? We went backwards, We went backwards. Yeah, we basically took the We took music, and we went back to records. People are buying records again because right we're texting and how soon before we're like sending telegrams again? We tech If you call, if I call my kids, they're like, why are you calling me? What text me? Nobody could so every every it's the fact that they don't talk to each other is completely normal, considering we don't call each other. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: We don't talk anymore?
Speaker 3: Right now? Old people are like, nobody comes to visit me anymore?
Speaker 6: Visit you.
Speaker 3: Who visits?
Speaker 4: If my doorbell ring gonna have a heart attack?
Speaker 3: Right, you know? The Sebster Man of Scoutcover Dolores. Like when you were a kid, the dollbell ring, Oh we have company, who's coming? Oh my god, who's here? Now, It's like, who the fuck's ringing my bell? He's right. We've become a detached society. You and I are doing a podcast, a radio show from two different parts in New Jersey. Yeah, yeah, so you know. I mean, look at the morning show you work on. Sometimes people all over the country doing the morning show. It's right.
Speaker 4: We could be in several places at once.
Speaker 3: Elvis could be in New Mexico, Gandhi can be in Florida or Ohio, you know whatever. But let's face it, when we're all together in the same studio, it's a better show, absolutely show. The point is, though, during the pandemic, we all learned we don't need other people. We prefer other people sometimes, but we were able to survive. We're just our immediate family locked in our house and technology. So the fact that your kids don't talk to those kids, and your family don't talk to each other, it's weird, but doesn't surprise me. Right right now, people are listening to people they don't know have a conversation about other people. They don't know.
Speaker 4: That's pretty wild when you think about it, and we love them for it. Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: Hey, before we get out of here, Uh, this is the last Brooklyn Boys for the new before the New Year.
Speaker 4: So well, I already said what I was thankful for. What are you thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: I said for having a podcast in slices and having to creative outlet. I really feel that we we need to expand in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about waistline because I'm hoping that I'll I'll lose another thirty pounds coming up soon, but not before I go on my cruise for a week. But my question is, David Brody, I won't put you on the spot here because don't put.
Speaker 3: Me on the spot. Ask questions you already know the answer for. Let's not do that? Could we do? Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Can we do some video for the for the slices, even if it's a premium.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking out loud here, how bad did the slices want to see us? And it won't be regular Brooking Boys episodes. I'm thinking of maybe once in a while we do a throw a bonus where we get camera ready and I actually shave because I would never be put on I would never be what I'm what we're doing right now and me, I would never ever, I would never be able to be put on camera like this. But I'm just saying, you got a beautiful Brooklyn Boy's wall there, Brodie that they can't see.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: You got a step and repeat there, you lost all that weight, look better than look better than you did when you first started working at the radio station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, you know, I'm just saying I think, you know, I think we should do some video. Gotta do something. I don't know. Is it worth a premium ten dollars a month? You know, I want to call you a C word and I want a slice to figure out which version I mean.
Speaker 4: I've been poisoning for this for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. All right, Let's continue to bring up something that I don't want to do so that we can make people think, Oh, I wonder if they're gonna do it. We'll have the message with me. I'm not I don't want to do video, Okay, So I would prefer not even have this conversation.
Speaker 4: What a shitty way to end this podcast.
Speaker 3: What if I sign you up for the for the one years subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club? Would that make things right? Kind of jelly like spremicidal jelly. What are we talking about? I don't want Jelly in the Month. Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Is that a sponsor? No, the Jelly of the Month Club? Is that a spot?
Speaker 3: Are you sponsoring Jelly in the Month club on the Morning show? Do you not know what I'm talking about? No? I don't A one year subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club? No, I don't know what that is. Get the fuck out of here this movie. I'm missing the reference?
Speaker 4: Did I stuck?
Speaker 3: David Brody? Come on? Oh my god, slices. He's now googling it.
Speaker 4: He turned to the miccloff. He turned his mis googling it the Month Club.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. Honestly, I don't know. I didn't google. I have no idea what movies are from or a TV show. I don't know it. It's from movie, Brodie, I don't know. It's a holiday movie. It's it's one of those famous holiday holiday movies of all time?
Speaker 4: Is it a Christmas movie?
Speaker 3: And proceeds a very classic rant that was ad libbed.
Speaker 4: Apparently last night.
Speaker 3: I don't watch a lot of holiday movies. Come on National Lampood's Christmas Vacation Chevy Chase, the bonus comes.
Speaker 4: He's like, they're all they're all there, the whole place is fucked up.
Speaker 3: The dad says, I'm a good kisser. That the first one I saw. I don't think I saw it Christmas vacaus. I saw the one where they go to Dolly. That's the summer vacation. Yeah, I didn't know. Is everybody in that.
Speaker 2: House Clark Griswolden, that burn the tree and everything's all fucked up.
Speaker 3: And then he's like, you know what. He goes, A telegram comes and we got the we got the check. He goes here it is to put it in a swimming pool and it's gonna be great. And he's like, and how much is it, Clark? How much is it?
Speaker 4: And he opens up the envelope, tens it up.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 4: One year subscriptions to the Jelly of the Month Club and he goes and that's when he goes on that fucking crazy rant.
Speaker 3: I want to take it.
Speaker 4: The pig nose snot Robin.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna bring his neck in a telerad.
Speaker 4: M Merry Christmas, where's the talent?
Speaker 3: All that? So that which was an ad libed rant for that film. I'll have to watch it online.
Speaker 4: Just watch the just watch that scene. That's the the first two.
Speaker 3: The second one wasn't great, so I never watched the third one. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh, Robin's gonna be very disappointed. That is her all time favorite Christmas Robin that sea word. All right, we gotta get here. I will get out of here.
Speaker 4: Hey, Happy New Year everyone.
Speaker 3: And it's remember it's not Happy New Years yet. It's Happy New Year or New Year's Eve. Boys Procly, Bob Boys, Brock Broly