Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Darry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: It is that time to talk football with you. Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. You know the crew.
Speaker 4: Heck Maharrison is in the house, all right, we got trade more former.
Speaker 3: Texas A and m Aggie and your Giant and Dallas Cowboy in the house. I am merely new he scrugs, getting us through this thing today as we are getting closer to the Super Bowl. And yeah, I personally don't feel like it's super Bowl. First, I'm not there when you've gone Yeah, and then with everything that's happened from last Monday when Brian shot Hier was hired to then Saturday night, my whole world exploded because Luka Dotca. So I've been on Basketball Watch. It's like, oh, by the way, there's super Bowl, sup. But looking at Kansas City and Philadelphia, going back and doing this thing one more time, heck is it felt like Super Bowl week to you?
Speaker 5: It has, and it felt weird to me to hear y'all have the conversation about it not feeling like super Bowl Week. I think the lead up and tonight obviously you get you know, announcements of big announcements, and man, I just feel like you knows as it grows, as it gets closer. Man, it's just the anticipation for this big game. I think Kansas City is on the cusp of greatest of all time and it's just crazy, Like you think about all the Super Bowl teams get an opportunity to see all those old Super Bowl games leading up to Sunday.
Speaker 2: It just, man, it really is.
Speaker 5: It really is something to recognize what any read has been able to accomplish as as a head coach. And man, it's gonna be a lot of parties going on. So I mean, I'm into My party is gonna be off the chain on Sunday, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 6: So your party you didn't even invite us. I had to work, So there it is. We all got work working together. But you know it's so it's party, man, super Bowl party.
Speaker 7: Wee can, But I'd rather be in New Orleans though, I uh, I forgive you said part I ain't thought about I go to work even thinking about a party.
Speaker 3: When I tell you I have been buried in Luca Land. We have been buried in Luca Land.
Speaker 6: So you've been like everybody else in Dallas and on like on watch where we got to. You know, there's a helpline that you can call in the back of your ID license to say therapists. I believe there are certain benefits and packages here that you can do that. But I mean, hey, just cry your river, go about your business because you get a d like as much as we sitting here talking about Luca leaving and stuff like that, Like yes, Lucas iconic, but you get key players. You know, you got something back. And then let's not forget the final time. This is the big dance. I'm like, heck over here, like this is.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl week, you see, I got my Marty Grass beads on, Like I feel.
Speaker 6: This like we are watching football greatness at like at his peak right now. Patrick mahomes to do what he's doing right now at a young age and potentially do something that even Brady hasn't done, and then he still has a lot of football going being in his prime. Andy Reid doing what he does not even that, and you know I'm a defensive guy. Shout out to my dog Steve Speckno you and what he was able to do with that defensive building there. And surprisingly he's not a head coach. Right now, we are watching some great football Jalen Carters. He's emerging as the guy for the league ever since Aaron dahmerd came out and gave that quote that man has been punishing people so this week and then on top of that, you're down in New Orleans. I know the food is that, bro. Last night I had a turn ducking for the first time that ducking. Yes, Golden Belly sent me turn ducking and I made it. It is chicken, turkey and duck. And when I tell you, I said, let me be in New Orleans that this is a small replication of what's going down there, food and football.
Speaker 2: Take the duck, put in the turkey, cook it and stop it. You got you got stuffing in it too. I mean it is good.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that. I've told my friends who've been in New Orleans this week and say, go to Coachhonk get the fried oyster. B L T sandwich and make sure you put the sweet potato hobby that sounds.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 3: Oysters, but this same I love oyster, don't. I mean, I don't, but it's that good. I go get it every single time because it's like the flavors of that between the oyster and.
Speaker 2: The hot sauce. I'm gonna say you said that hot sauce.
Speaker 3: Sweet potato hobbinnarow hot you knows as a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: I'm just pretending. Let you guys are talking. You don't know. How long have you been a vegetarian? For four years? I love?
Speaker 5: I mean when I them, I love like Drago's in New Orleans. Man horse is crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take the bacon off, but you can do the oysters. Yeah, okay, you no, I don't. I don't know. No, No, you don't do that. I don't even do. You don't do fish at all?
Speaker 6: No? Okay, so you vegan or vegetarian? My wife will tell you. Okay, yeah, what.
Speaker 2: He said, I don't know. Twenty four hours. He's got a mama dad out either. Do you eat there?
Speaker 6: That's all you gotta ask theident Yeah, yeah, okay, So then okay, they had egg todent.
Speaker 2: So it's that turn ducking. I mean, that's what that's.
Speaker 5: I like that man I had last Thanksgiving. I had to turkey tot food to food turkey.
Speaker 2: It was horrible. Did it look all? It was horrible. I'm not even gonna lot to say. But as we talking about good food, as Grandma saying, put some hot it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna up, I was eating Jerry World had turkey.
Speaker 2: I'll say, you're gonna have It's gonna be good. Jared, take care of it. We're all over the place right now.
Speaker 5: But I got to ask you, and I meant to say something to you in the in the chat about the Luca trade. Is it one of those things for are you one of those people that's on this Nico Harrison train where you think he's a mad man for for going the direction that he did with Luca and also the contract implications for him for.
Speaker 2: Something the contract implications I just don't buy. I don't buy.
Speaker 3: I mean, they don't think that was the reason good players cost money.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm talking about just he kind of shady the guy.
Speaker 6: That's why I said you you shaded him, like, hey, we ain't gonna pay you this and on top of that, you know what, let's get you up out of here. So you're gonna delay your contract because he's going to get a max contract by somebody, but we delayed for at least another year.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, Nico needs to make a long run to the finals or I think he's gonna get fired. And the problem of owners who don't live in town is they don't understand the mentality of how people feel.
Speaker 2: And you go back to nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Eight, this town has had a European souperstar that they have loved.
Speaker 2: Dirk Nvitsky passed the torch to Luka Danci. Now go back to Duglas Shrimp.
Speaker 3: Why we're going to draft that left shrimp over Carl mal.
Speaker 2: It goes back furnther than that.
Speaker 6: The owners when the yeah, before my time here, but when the Mavericks establish in nineteen eighty, the owners wanted to make them the Boston Celtics at the.
Speaker 3: South and Luka Dancic is a guy who, well, like Dirk Navici, this was their own guy. This is their own guy. And I've covered two stories that have been on this level. My career is a television sports cast. The first one I was there at the press conference when Jimmy Johnson was let go by Jerry.
Speaker 2: Over Valley Ranch. People are like, make it make sense. You just won two Super Bowls? What's happening here?
Speaker 3: So I was there for that, and then I went from Austin, Texas up to work in Cleveland, and I was there that day on the newscast for Channel five announcing that the Browns were leaving to go to Baltimore, just less than a month after the Indians lost the World Series to the to the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 4: And that was a wait a minute, what what's happening here?
Speaker 2: This team is leaving.
Speaker 3: So I've seen two cs and this story and how people are reacting is the same way. So Nico Harrison has to win. He's going to get fired. I mean, Edward, we did medium mash yesterday. Edward said, Jerry has now moved up in the.
Speaker 2: Local GM rate. He got to love. That's hard, but think about it.
Speaker 3: Monday was about okay, they hired Brian shot and hire. Why are you going in house again? You gone in house twice here, Jerry. You did it for Dave Campo and Jason Gear. You didn't get the results, So here it is you go, Brian shot Hummer again. So that week was about Cowboy fans who were frustrated that's all gone, talking about Jerry barely talking about.
Speaker 2: The moves of the staff.
Speaker 3: Normally, the moves of a football team like the Dallas Cowboys, it's a big deal to talk about. Hey, offensive coordinator is going to be Clayton Adams, who's coming from Arizona.
Speaker 2: Let's dive into this.
Speaker 3: What Arizona? It was mentioned, Yes, it wasn't mentioned. Did we hire a running back too, Yes, running back coach?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: The running back coach Derek Foster, who was down in New Orleans and also hit worked with who'd worked with Austin Eckler with the Chargers.
Speaker 2: So normally that's crazy. They got swept under the rug.
Speaker 3: That's how big you're going into that. But that this trade has been that big and that many, that many people who aren't normally your sports fans, but they knew who Luca was, and you, I mean, Luca sold shoes, man, and that's a hard thing to do these to be a guy who sells shoes. I remember many times watching the Jones family, seeing them sit courtside to watch Luka Dacic play. There's just not many people in all of sports where you say I want to go watch him play.
Speaker 2: I was that night. I see Patrick Mahomes, who's been at many a Maverick game.
Speaker 3: Patrick Maholmes is like, what Luca fan and you got rid of that man? You can talk about a d all day you want to.
Speaker 2: But I was clear, I was clearly joking. I know that was a shot at me.
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for him.
Speaker 6: I do feel sorry for him because he is All Star and you bring into role players right now, you got Kyrie that's doing his thing, and obviously you have to win now. But with this being such a detrimental situation, and like, as a fan, I'm hurt that Luca is gone.
Speaker 2: I truly am.
Speaker 6: But I can't think about the time when we sat there as fans, we said, why would you, as a Mavericks fan, trade Steve Nashaway, Why would you sit here and get rid of all your key components when you just went to a finals and give everything up for an old Jason kid. And everybody was like, hey, you're fired after this year, like, get rid of him if this worked, But we won a championship right after that, and it was like, oh snap, getting the old Jason Kidd and getting rid of a young Devin Harris who was going out there dropping forty with the nets.
Speaker 2: It was like, okay, it makes it worse.
Speaker 6: So I'm with you when you say those same sentiments of Nico.
Speaker 2: This has to be. This is like a do or die. This is that last.
Speaker 6: Bullet in the chamber right now that if you don't hit on this, your job is done. You You just traded. You just traded Michael Irvin. You just traded.
Speaker 2: Sam and Smith like somebody.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're agi guy going to the SEC leaving the big toys go. That was exceismic type of thing where wait a minute, okay, well that and then everyone in college football was Texas.
Speaker 4: A and m leaving going to the SEC huge you know those.
Speaker 3: It's that kind of thing where this is this the landscape didn't changed in a sport where then you just look at Twitter and you see how many football players we're diving into this thing and everyone huh, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: And so it's big. I think we're in the season of disruption. It is. Look, it's just a season of disruption.
Speaker 5: And the thing for me because I'm closer to the situation because of calling the Legends Basketball the G League, you know, I get an opportunity to see a lot of the Mavericks, Brass Deal Harris and guys like that every day every time I'm calling the game. And I think when you look at the way that they are, you know, especially farming these guys from G League up to the Mavericks, you see them the need for those threes and fours and guys that can come in and play immediately. I started to see last season, especially in that the finals game versus Boston, Boston exposing the matchup with Luca, and you see other teams coming to American Airline Center and expose the matchup with Luca, and he does. He's never gotten the criticism that some of the other big name superstars get because of the way that he plays offense. I think he has a brand that caters to the NBA the way that they play now. Just shoot, run back down to the to three point line, to three point line. But when it comes down to the finals, you're never gonna be able to win a championship versus a team that can that has a one through five or at least one through four because he's gonna be exposed. And so even when I look at guys like James Harden, when I look at guys like James Harden's who's their reputation has been around the league as a scorer and a guy that doesn't play defense, there are not a lot of teams out there that's breaking their back to go after James Harden. But Luca on the other end, because he's young, because you potentially look at him, O, man, his ceiling is so much higher. How much higher is that ceiling defensively? When I can take Jason Tatum and just expose that nerve.
Speaker 2: Two things on that.
Speaker 3: Two out of the last three years the Mavericks were in the conference final, and they went to the NBA Final Round last year, and that's only a third time franchise history, franchise established since in nineteen eighty. You beat the number one seed in the West in Oklahoma City, then you go on the road and beat Minnesota to get yourself there to the final. The team they played was the best team in basketball all year long. I mean from the time it started. That has great. They were sixty plus wins. I think they lost maybe three playoff games, Boston was just better. And then when you talk about their ability to play defense, they went next level Luca. Defense was bad. Kyrie Irving could not score. It was in his head going back to Boston. And the karma of all of this was Chris STAPs for Zingis. Let me tell you some guy. Okay, you watch you watch it, w W wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So so all of a sudden, you know, somebody's talking to their boom.
Speaker 2: You hear the music from the ground.
Speaker 3: It's before game one, okay, okay, Porzingis had been hurt painted Okay, he's been hurting, and now he's gonna play. You got you got Tatum on the court, and you got and you got jaylen Brod.
Speaker 2: They're all warming up.
Speaker 3: So the team is all warming up, you know, Tatum and Brown and then Jason Kid said, hey, Brown is their best player. Porzingis comes out late. They show him in the and and you know, leaving.
Speaker 6: The locker room, he's coming down right right, running right right.
Speaker 3: So you see him coming down and these fans in the Boston gar Why like smile, hip comes Porzingis.
Speaker 8: He he comes to the court. I'm like, wait, this is rocky. It is what it is. It is, it is. It's the comeback, tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they were going crazy for Tatum the All Star. It was fort Zingers. Then the game started. He comes off the bench, boy put up a shot which bottom and he's back. You couldn't hear he's back. You couldn't hear his fans was jumping up. And then I was over by because you saw you.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, you're cheering like this guy bird check. Then he shook somebody hit Kyrie down. I mean, the dude went off hit like ten and he got a smile on his face.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, it's different. It's different, and the community, this place is different.
Speaker 3: And you know Jaylen Brown MVP, but I'm telling you, man that porzingis boy for two nights and it's like, Wow, this is different up here.
Speaker 2: Former Dallas. Everybody gets the toys from Dallas and then all make and.
Speaker 3: Then Kyrie will will ting under the pressure every time we shut the ball. So so when we talk about Luke and what happened in the finals, hey man, he got him there. And if this guy is out of shape or not where he needs to be and you're in the final, I'll take it. If the Cowboys had some you know, hey, you went to the Super Bowl, would we would we be moaning and running you need to get in Shane, you know, would we be talking about hey man, he's doing this guy Michael's doing this podcast on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: If you're the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: No, No, that is a good point. You're gonna tell you what But I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you. Like they always say in the business, what have you done for me lately? It is not a problem until it becomes a problem. If you are out of shape and doing all this and you step on somebody told you bet not mess up the wrong way. He might mean a lot to us, But since when in Dallas, if any if Mavericks fan should learn from the Cowboy, the owners do not care what our fans think.
Speaker 2: So if you are not giving me this right here.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take you out right here, and I'm gonna paint the narrative to tarnish everything.
Speaker 4: And it's ironic when you think about.
Speaker 6: Because you disrespected Kyrie, when you try to say he Wilton, don't sit there and say that ky three. He wilted in that moment, but overall what he did for the season and that team.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the final. I know we're talking about the finals, but he also not the whole the final. Boston. Yes, hey Wilton, I felt some type of well, I'm sorry, I was.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a will.
Speaker 6: It was like when you got there, you rewarmed to let us up a water burger, you know that morning after burger.
Speaker 2: It's still a good burger when you got there.
Speaker 3: It was because Kyrie and Luca were playing next level Boston shut it down and everything that he had to go through.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm over this, No, he was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a problem.
Speaker 3: As Jerry's getting criticized for making sure he signs his stars, the Mavericks gave away the only star they had. It'll be like hey man by Michaeh. Yeah thanks thanks young talent. That we can't just go get in the drafter. We're gonna give that away and go bringing an older dude who's a nice player. Yeah, he's want a championship and got a Hall of Fame resume, but the fan, I mean, it's Michael Parsons. Just don't go give away Michael Parsons. You don'tchise right, you don't give away these kinds of players. And so those of us who hear people like you know they should trade it.
Speaker 2: They should for what. Maybe you don't need to sign cd Land.
Speaker 10: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: That's so so we criticized Jerry for holding on, but you out of shape. He took us to the finals, made a lot of money. There's the only thing is we go to break. The only thing Nico did for his team was make sure they ain't got to play on Christmas Day next year because the NBA ain't gonna put these dudes on TV when.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 3: Let us dive into this offensive coordinator and the stat Yes he is Harrison Trey.
Speaker 2: I'm just sitting back. Get shot. Shrudge.
Speaker 4: Media match brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Doubt.
Speaker 2: The players loud, Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred ga m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Drum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 2: Rule one. Any broadcast without.
Speaker 12: The express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve.
Speaker 12: No crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules, Raising Canes Chicken Fingers One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players.
Speaker 5: Loud, The biggest names in tennis had to the Ford Center at the Start in Frisco this February. Witness top rank Casper Rudd and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul dazzle the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players onto a compete. Live tickets are available now at seak geek dot com, going on right now, going on.
Speaker 2: Right now, and you don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys play any tennis at all, but I play pickball.
Speaker 2: I played tennis when I was youngest, Hey, fifth grade. I promise you, I'll bring my tennis trophy. Here is nice.
Speaker 6: Pickleball versions about professional pickleball players.
Speaker 2: First of all, you're a large human being. I am. And when you when you when you when you just say I play pickleball. Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: Rest of all, I'm imagining you out of the pickleball court with a sixty seven year old, my sixty seven year old on the other side.
Speaker 6: And who loves who loves pickleball? By the way, Stevie, who's about to playing pickleball right now now? Disrespect If I'm Stevie, comes over there. You remember that one movie, what was it, Meet the Flockers. Yeah, yeah, and he spikes the ball over the neck. I promise you that would have been me, Meet the parents whatever, whatever. But yes, yes, on pickleball.
Speaker 2: I promise you, I am that guy. You just kind of took it that.
Speaker 9: Anyways, But talk about yeah got wow, No, no, at least they top.
Speaker 6: The age is starting to get in. You're trying to double up on it. You're the O G session right, go ahead, gaming.
Speaker 2: My whole premise. Piggyback on what you were saying.
Speaker 3: The tennis here, this is good level tennis and the watching in person and to see how fast the serves come and how good these players are. If you if you are here in the Dallas for Worth area, it is worth you good to watch.
Speaker 5: The star doesn't even look the same right the way that they transformed the star. If you're going over there and looked at the court, I'm gonna check that after this. It is amazing. I need to check it out. But no, I don't believe it to say like not to drag away from the tennis. But I'm saying what they say. Certain people can't be rappers, but you can go recorded them on your computer. Well, I can't be a tennis player like I was good when I was little if I stayed with it. So now what I do is I live that out through pickleball like I'm on my Venus and Serena stuff. But anyways, let's get back to football. Hey, we're gonna hey, we're gonna do this. I'm gonna be I'm gonna debo this.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's the picture right there right behind of how how Fort Center looks for the Dallas Open, which is one of the marquee events that the city needed.
Speaker 2: The city basically has everything except.
Speaker 3: When you talk about, you know, a major to this tournament and we've got the golf, you know, we've got basket. But we've got so many things here, conference championship, basketball, so many different things that come to this area. So adding this is just one more thing. And that is one of the beauties of having the Fort Center here and things that are around.
Speaker 2: So there will be any big players in this tournament?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, the basically your your top American throw here.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 5: And and yes, Tommy Paul I just told you about them in the building. Can I use your your press page? One of your guys talk chriss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody kept me. Take care of you, man, not a problem.
Speaker 3: Clayton Adams is your Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator. He was the offensive line coach at Arizona and they were top ten in rushing. It's good, But then you got to add in the fact that Kyler Murray had almost seven hundred yards rushing, So how are we feeling about him? To go along with your running back coach Derrick Foster, Brian Schottheier is going to call the plays. They are talking about making the run game a major part of what they do. Going back to when Ezekiel Elliott was drafted here under the Jason Garrett era.
Speaker 2: And he was leading the league in rushing twice. I I'm on the fence. I was about to say, I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I am fifty to fifty when it comes to this, because you're doing everything that you're telling the people that you're going to do, and you're building up all this anticipation about this immaculate run offense, heavy offense that we're going to do shoddy being ahead coach, then you getting the old line offensive coordinator that is run dominant. Then you going down there to go get a running back coach that you're that you're talking about that was with.
Speaker 2: And UH and coach Chargers. So with that being said, you're doing all this with what personnel.
Speaker 6: I hope that you draft somebody to make all this effective, because if you don't draft nobody and then you leave our run game like how it was last year, we're going to be banking off Michael Parsons channeling that in and running back that he's talking about, because who do we have that is a caliber running back to run this style of offense that we're doing.
Speaker 2: Because this right now, that is just like I said, I get it.
Speaker 6: You're putting all the pieces in play and you're laying you're playing chestnut checkers right now. I just hope at the end of the day you bringing the personnel to match this, because right now the coaching staff does not match with the personnel that we have in my opinion, with running and all that.
Speaker 3: So great, great point, and we're talking about this on February sixth. To me, this is the process you have to lay down.
Speaker 2: You do this right here.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's start to hire people who understand the run game, want to run the football. And then the next step right here, So then it's going to the combine to start to look at these guys.
Speaker 4: Then March hits, there's free agency, and then that's.
Speaker 6: Why I said fifty. That's why I said I'm fifty fifty on it, like you've got the draft.
Speaker 3: So to me, I'm just looking at all right, they're starting to get themselves walking down the road of what they need to do. Friday, I went to the Dope walker reward and Pashtion Genty was there speaking and said, yeah, I'll go to the Cowboys. And the Cowboys have the twelfth overall pick. So I guess he's okay if he ends up staying on the board that long. But I mean he's okay. Well, I mean he ain't got a choice.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, I mean somebody wants to pick him at seven.
Speaker 3: And you know, based on what we're seeing with the Saquon Barkley and then you saw Josh Jacobs did did you we saw the run game come back? Who knows who decides to say, hey man, we want to.
Speaker 2: Go get this.
Speaker 5: Let me get a piece of this because I feel like, you know, the name that I heard immediately when Schottenheimer was hired was Clayton Adams. They knew they had him identified right away. And my vision of Clayton Adams isn't shortsighted. I think you have to have an offensive line guy come in here that understands that this team is lacking a power run game, period. And the pieces that you're talking about, I'm looking at pieces more or less from a schematically from an offensive line standpoint, I think you had so many breakdowns in your offensive line. That rendered your whole running game pretty much useless. I look going back and looking at the season, Look Rico Daddle. They were up and down on who he was as a running back, and then finally over the last part of the season started to allow him to get into some type of rhythm. But seventeen hundred yards rushing for the Dallas Cowboys last season, how that ranks amongst the NFL is not very good?
Speaker 6: Not good.
Speaker 5: But then you think of the list of guys that it took to get to just seventeen hundred yards, I mean, and then we look at Saquon Barkley, and then we look at some of these other teams that have specialized now and allowing for the balance of their offense to take place. And I think that's where you get the best part of DAK where you spent so much of your money, this is where you get the best part of CD because when you became one dimensional, and we talked about it last Thursday when I said, look, Montre, you wouldn't be fooled by play action. If you knew that they didn't have, it wasn't a viable threat. And that's why going into this draft, while everybody's talking about the Ashton Genty and I love Ashton Genty and called his games when he was at Frisco long Star. Look what good is Ashton Genty gonna do you when you don't have an offensive line that can open up those gaping holes for a guy his size. You need a power running game, but you need an offensive line even more. And this is one of those seasons where you can't pump fake on being all in you either our yarn't sure this is good.
Speaker 4: We talked about this on Media mass yesterday.
Speaker 2: Terrence Steele.
Speaker 3: The thought process is he's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Also, what do you do in terms of is awesome Richards taking over left tackle? Where do you go with Geiton? Still need to see what happens with Zach Martin. So this once again is a part of the process. How do you go about rebuilding the line? But you do need to upgrade at the running back of so gent could be the guy or someone else. And if we're also talking about your defense last year, and how many times if we do the players lounge early on in the year, Heck, look at the time of possession totals of how long this Cowboy defense.
Speaker 2: Was there on the football field.
Speaker 4: If you can get a better run game, improve your offensive line play, you.
Speaker 6: Can help your defense man, you help him out a lot, especially when they started getting fresh.
Speaker 2: So that's why, like I said, it goes back to being fifty to fifty.
Speaker 6: You're half of me likes it because, like I said, you're laying the foundation and you're getting back to everything that you're saying and you're proving and typically historically when the Cowboys have been at their best, it's been off of the play action run and so it's like, yes, you're setting the foundation and getting the fans excited to saying that we're going to.
Speaker 2: Get back there.
Speaker 6: But the reason that I'm still not as optimistic is because for years people have always said that it's been one tool away or not getting people the right tools and having that being on the cuss of that, and so it's like, are you going to do that? Not only are you going to go get the running back, but like you said, the offensive line is the biggest spot because Zach Martin if he comes back, and even if he does come back, he's going to be a temporary bandaid for what a year, maybe two if he feels good and like goes through rehab the right way, But realistically, you have a year left in here.
Speaker 2: And that's an uncomfortable conversation. Fit me with Zach Martin, it is.
Speaker 5: And what's uncomfortable about it is is that we didn't get the best version of him because of those injuries. And if he says he's going to get healthy and come back, who's going to stop them?
Speaker 2: Nobody even also said I'm a free agent.
Speaker 3: He put it out there like, oh, by the way, free agent means I could go someplace else. At this point in time, I would I can't let him walk, though I would view it as him not being here. If if you're a Cowboy fan, I would tell you today, do not look for Zach Martin or Tank Launch to be.
Speaker 2: On your football teams.
Speaker 4: Oh no, of course for sure, and operate accordingly, operate accordingly, and.
Speaker 2: What they said, you'll be playing with house money if they do actually come back.
Speaker 3: Between both players, you're talking about two guys that played in the trenches and trade you played in the trenches for over you know, for over ten years. The best versions of who they are is gone. Oh it is, it's gone. And they got hurt. And now what we're seeing over time with older players, especially those guys the trenches, hurt, players stay hurt.
Speaker 5: And he never And then think about Zach Martin in his career. He never postured in that way his entire career about going to another team. And that's that's what keeps the loyalty there for him because he could have been that guy. He could have been the guy that we're gone for another contract, to go somewhere else, to play for a super Bowl when he was in his prime, and it would have been prime picking for him during those times. And so to hear him say that now, to him say, look, I still have some football in me and I want to get ready to go, but I, oh, by the way, I am a free agent. It's just like I said, it's one of those conversations for me. It goes back to the Tyrone Smith from last season when we were talking about him going to the Jets. It's just it's end of an era. Basically, it's the end of era.
Speaker 6: But with the end of era, you have to have somebody that's going to be that transitional piece, and right now you only have one one solid foundation piece on that office line, And so that's what I'm saying, Like we're positioning ourselves. But it's like it's like having going into a relationship. You have the expectations, you get let down. But if you're going there with no expectations, then it's gonna happen. So like right now, the expectations are getting built sky hot. You're going back to the offense that got you to the super Bowl. You're building all this offensive run power. You have the old line coach that's coming here. You're building this up to where you got asked in Gentz talking about he wants to come here, and you're gonna go try to go spend the money. And you're saying you're invested now that you have the coaches. You didn't spend the money last year. You got to make up for this year. Everybody's expecting you to make that splash. And if you don't make that splash, it's kind of like the Nico hair or the Nico thing.
Speaker 2: So when we come.
Speaker 4: Back, where should the splash be?
Speaker 3: When we come back, because free agency hits before the draft, where should the splash be?
Speaker 2: We got heck Ma Harrison got to train. Let's show you on I'm new he Scruggs. This is the players lounge. Don't you buy old school showy?
Speaker 9: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store?
Speaker 13: Letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 14: All right, folks, let's get started with Yeddi French Press and Jeor Kalber This Day's Hot for hours and French Press thirty four rounds for U six four of the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed water proof bags, bags of water proofs and Wirst Waterproof doubles, water prove bag bag esports mostly should got a water prove Yeti Bay glossmell something cooking po New cash Iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipe. You take a steak, cornbit, comperce, pot pine and potatoes next oval with three sizers of Yetti cash Iron.
Speaker 6: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts.
Speaker 11: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at south Lake Town Square.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 10: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiators Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playman is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott keas it slides for the first down.
Speaker 13: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 5: Come on out to AT and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA super Cross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two will racers coverage for one night of non stop action. Enjoy on president and access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of their race bikes and team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are now on sale at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Demontre Moore, I'm new, he scrugs. This is the place launch brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Super Bowl coming up on Sunday yesterday.
Speaker 2: I made my pick. I went Kansas City twenty six twenty What you did? What? Wait a minute? Whoa what.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Whatn't newly right now pus Today's day, February sixth, You make no sense at all. I've been trying to figure you out for four years now, Doggar. You don't make no sense because, first of all, I haven't been here that loone. Well, I'm just saying you're going against the frat right now, you know, And that's something that I never would have expected from you, especially just saying like this is. This is one of those situations where you have been down with Philadelphia, especially Jalen Hurts and mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Look, I speak route for Douctie, that root for Douctie.
Speaker 4: But in asking who's gonna win the Super Bowl, I will go with Kansas City.
Speaker 3: I do think Philadelphie's got a better defense, and that does concern me, and usually a defense wins these championships. But Patrick Mahomes is a next level player, Chris Jones is a next level Hall of Fame type player, and until they're beaten on this stage, I'm gonna go with them. The one time they did get beat on the stage, Kansas City's offensive tackles were shambles, and Tampa Bay just took advantage of them all day long, the same way we saw d Ware and von Miller take apart a fifth teeny one Carolina Panther team, it didn't have their starting tackles compromise on the offensive line. So for me, until I see Kansas City go down and get beat, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go with them.
Speaker 6: The fact that you said you did not think that that would happen, I've been hearing this short span of time, and I've seen this man wear multiple college shirts that.
Speaker 2: He has never went to. I've seen him bandwagon. They're free, but I've seen him. I've seen straight Okay, now they're friends. I've seen him bandwagon with other people.
Speaker 6: So it's no wonder that he's going to sit here and say, ah, cute, all this, cute, all that, and then when they comes time, he's like, hold on, I need to go with the guy.
Speaker 2: He need to go with the guys that.
Speaker 10: Read like.
Speaker 6: It's crazy cat who you pick? I'm going, I'm going Philly. I'm lo Philly too.
Speaker 2: Can you can you imagine you know what?
Speaker 5: You know, what type of nerve that took for me to come in here today and pick Philly for the but and then just looking at the matchup defensive line wise, Kansas City is not going to have an answer for what Jaylen Carter and those guys can do interior wise. And I love Patrick Mahomes and I'm with you. I mean, they have the killer, he has that championship mentality, he's been here. This would be three in a row, and that would catapultry career into a whole nother spectrum. But I just feel as though when I look at Saquon Barkley and Taquon's effect on the Eagles offense, he is an immovable, unstoppable object and it is going to extend Sirianni's career surely, my man BC's Kellen Moore's career. I'm just it's just really it's one of those things that when you see a guy just make a major impact and it opens up so many other things. And so for me, I think you come into this game, if I'm Philadelphia, I'll give them a healthy dose of Saquon Barkley and then I open up the run game and let the defense just hand the business for you. Just it's gonna come down to who makes more mistakes. And I know for sure that Patrick Mahomes is not going to be the guy that's going to try and go out here and make a ton of mistakes. But that defense, I believe you can force him into making mistakes. What's your score score on this? And I'm gonna make it ugly. I'm gonna go thirty five, thirty five, twenty four.
Speaker 10: Score.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go thirty. I'm gonna go thirty one, twenty five, thirty one, twenty five.
Speaker 6: I an't believing, like you know what and whoever's run game get started at first, we'll see if.
Speaker 3: They can win a playoff game, and under Sirianni it hurts if they can win in company, if they can win a playoff game away from Philadelphia, which hasn't happened, right, So let's let's see. Let's see how it all, how it all goes down. I'll be right now until I see it. I'm going to keep going.
Speaker 2: With with do we get we get very playoff away? Barry tell us nowhere did Barry say? Barry did not?
Speaker 6: Very?
Speaker 2: He did not?
Speaker 3: I think we know last thing for a roll out of here? What's the splash that needs to happen?
Speaker 2: I think for me, the splash needs to happen at the defensive line. Ok.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really yeah, free agent. Free agent splash needs to happen at the defensive line. You need a guy up front with Micah. If you just said Tanks gonna be out of here, I think you're gonna have some other guys, the young guys behind him. But you need a free agent, a bona fide free agent to come in here and pick up a lot of the slack up front.
Speaker 2: Or maybe a trade.
Speaker 6: Sir, d Line was gonna be my second choice, but I'm gonna go with O line. I'm gonna keep it right here in the trenches because you need somebody to come in here. Like what when I look at free agency, you need like a Trent Williams type signing where you bring somebody in here that boasters that offensive line solidifies it because when when the Cowboys have been at their peak, you had a guy like Tyron Smith holding down the line, you had a guy like Travis Frederick that was able to transition. And now with Zach Martin going, I think you need to get that because you can go find a talent running back, be undrafted and a guy ball out. Look at the guy down there and Buff, I mean, look at the guy down there in Tampa, right now that's doing his thing. You can go find those skill positions, but you need somebody to be the focal point of that offensive line and say, hey, I'm nasty, bring back that nasty Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Eric Williams, big ee, no, this I mean, I agree with you, I think wholeheartedly offensive line wise. When you were talking about Austome Richards, I think the whole tragedy of last season is the fact that we didn't get to see more of awesome Richards and they had to tinker with the And I understand, it's the first round draft pick. You're gonna play him, You're not gonna sit him on the bench. But then you have a guy like Austoin Richards who plays through all of camp that shows you what he has, and then you sit him on the bench for a guy that's not performing.
Speaker 2: So it's just gonna be.
Speaker 3: You know, another great thing about having Clayton Adams here and whoever else they bring in on the offensive line staff to see how what you saw from Guidon last year, what his learning curve is, and how they get him straight. There's work to do. And that's why for me, when I talk about a splash here, I am with you hekma from the standpoint of the address, A d line hasn't been addressed for three years. You're bringing in Matt eber Flutes. He wants a three technique. Who knows what happens with with Osa Odiggy Zula, who's a free agent. But whatever you do, help eber Flues. Do what you didn't do for Mike Zimmer. Give the man what he needs up front.
Speaker 4: Do that part of it.
Speaker 2: That to me is where they should go in free agency.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, fun times here, Lamar press conference is about to start. Here he is the halftime show Grammy Grammy Award winner.
Speaker 2: Poor Drake As no words, no words.
Speaker 4: Heck Drey married players last route.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 10: Yes.