Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Jazelle Bryanton.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's like kind of chilly outside. Well, thank goodness, it's like October decent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually this is how I know I'm getting old when like I actually am enjoying the fall because like I was like always like a summer girl. I would be outside in the summer my swimsuit and get in the pool.
Speaker 3: I didn't go in.
Speaker 1: A pool one time this summer. Wow, And I'm like, yeah, bring on the fall.
Speaker 3: Bring on the fall. So do your cause your parents have a pool? Uh huh do you I didn't go? Did you normally go? Do you normally go like just hang out one or to want to tice with the kids. When the kids were younger, we would go a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But even as they got older, they weren't really interested in like going like because they would want to go wherever their friends were, you know what I mean. So like if we were to go to my parents' house, then we would have to like probably invite a handful of friends over, and I just never I didn't want to like turn it into that, so they would end up wherever their friends were instead of at my parents' house. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: Plus, you know, leave Gladys alone. I leave alone, I know.
Speaker 1: But I still want a pool in my back or it's crazy. It's like I haven't been in a pool this summer. But that's because I don't like to leave my house.
Speaker 3: I just want to.
Speaker 1: But I just want to make note. We were both wearing skinny jeans. Did you know the skinny jeans are out?
Speaker 3: We're not supposed to wear skinny jeans anymore. No, what am I going to do with all my skinny jeans? I know? And I have some baggy ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I just feel like I don't do we have to abide by that rule now? We do not, because skinny jeans are like sometimes certain things don't go with baggy or jeans.
Speaker 2: No, right, And sometimes if you have like a baggy top, then the skinny jeans are perfect, right, baggy baggy I don't like?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but now it's like, you know, you're not supposed to wear like skinny jeans at all.
Speaker 3: Ever, So what kind of jeans are we wearing these days?
Speaker 1: Straight leg okay, I have some of those wide legs, wieleg okay, I have that once to do.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing my skinny jeans. I know that I think we should wear stuff that looks good on you. Yeah, skinny jeans look good on me, my back, my booty bee popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And then maybe it's just like of course, like all the younger people are like no skinny jeans, but maybe us oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, because the kids wear Yeah, the kids wear straight leg and wide leg.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's so weird. It's so cool.
Speaker 1: It's so like interesting to see like fashions.
Speaker 3: Just come and go. Yeah, it's weird because I I have.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because I bought like maybe three pairs of jeans. One had like it was like a cargo and had like big pockets on it because bothers, and they've been snatched by my children. Really, yes, they will snatch my stuff. They'll be like mom, I thinking ahead, uh huh. And I know if I just don't give it to them, they're gonna just take it. Yeah, So I just give Okay, yeah, but now I didn't know why.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay they're in.
Speaker 1: Oh the cargoes are in, the god legs, the bit, all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were stealing my stuff. Yes, okay, you have a shady moment. I do.
Speaker 1: So I was put through the wringer this week with vehicles. Anything vehicle related. Oh lord, okay. So first it started off with my car. I was driving in this beautiful neighborhood looking at these humongous houses, and I hit a huge pothole like so it was like one was on the on the phone with me and he was like damn, like he could hear how loud that pothole was. So my tired didn't go flat. But as I'm driving, like my car shaking right, So I call the dealer. They're like, oh it's it sounds like it's a bent rim.
Speaker 3: Come in. So I go.
Speaker 1: So I go into the dealer. So get to the dealer. They give me a loaner car. It's an electric vehicle. Oh I love those.
Speaker 3: Go ahead right, I was like, oh cool, you know I've never driven one, Like yes, I'll have so quiet right.
Speaker 1: So quiet, so like fast you know, And I was like yeah, yes, like taking off so a couple of days go by and my car is still at the dealer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then one day I'm driving Corey to school and I'm like, oh shit, I have twenty miles left on this car. Yeah, and I have to get to Corey school. It's like seventeen miles away from my house I get home. Yes, So I tried to like stop somewhere and charge it, and it was like you need an app and an account and I'm like, what the so I make it home. I have like three miles left anyway, you know, I end up having to like charge it at my neighbor's house. Okay, they have a slow ash chargers, like took an hour just to give me twenty miles blah blah blah. Okay, So that was like second, I was so stressed over this damn electric vehicle.
Speaker 3: But they're amazing. They're amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you have a charger, but I'm like, you probably should not let people. You probably shouldn't loan them out to people who don't have a charger at home.
Speaker 3: True, but but I want the one that I had.
Speaker 2: I literally was like I might trade my car in right, I want to keep it right, And.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people probably end up. That's probably why they do it, because they want people to be like, Ooh, I like this, I want to get me one. But yeah, so, yeah, you should not have given me an electric vehicle because I had three miles left.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I was stressing out, So then get my car back. Next day, I'm I have an appointment. Okay, disappointment. I have rescheduled twice so and it's appointment to meet with my estate lawyer.
Speaker 3: Oh that's important, yes, very important.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, yes, I'm about to go go to the lawyer's office.
Speaker 3: I hit my garage.
Speaker 1: Butt in the garage won't go up.
Speaker 3: What I suck in the garage? What happened?
Speaker 1: It's a spring broke on my garage door. Yeah, and so I could not leave the house. I couldn't put the garage up. I couldn't even do the pull thing.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't go up.
Speaker 1: It was completely stuck. So I was like, it was just a nightmare of a week. The pothole, the electric vehicle, the garage not opening.
Speaker 3: And then so finally someone came, thank.
Speaker 1: God, later that evening and fix the garage, the spring, the door. He said, yeah, these springs should have like a seven to ten year lifespan. My house is three years old.
Speaker 3: I was just so it was just like that was that was the was the moon in Mercury Grade?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it was just one thing after the other with these damn like just I was like, you know what, it's like it rains, it pours, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: There was an eclipse recently, by the way, was it? Yeah? Where and on my work vacation. I saw it. Oh yeah, oho, okay, cause I was here. It was here, but you couldn't see it. Oh yeah, so you could see it better. It was completely okay, most beautiful thing. Okay, anyway, that's crazy. Yeah it was. It was annoying. Yeah, it was a hell of a week. Okay, but do you want to get in like your car now? I do? Yeah, right, I do. Yeah, that's how I feel. So you had it was what it was this ratro overhaf It was a Jaguar.
Speaker 1: So you know how Jaguar and land Rover are like, yeah brothers or whatever. So it was a Jaguar eye pace and it was like it was it was cool looking. It was all blacked out, you know, I like my cars to be black on black on black. So it was like just it was.
Speaker 3: Like it looked like my car, you know. Yeah, so it.
Speaker 1: Was it was it was nice, it ran, it was so fast.
Speaker 3: They gave me a white which would be my car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mercedes something something something, and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my gosh, I love this.
Speaker 1: Yes, like you don't even know it's on. You just like press the button.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's this thing on That's what I said, because you can't even hear it, right, And then I was scared I would leave it on. It was supposed to turn it off. Yeah, anyway, I love it. So I don't know. That might be my next car I do have.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like, should black people be buying Tesla's though, because Elon Musk is.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not buying a Messa. Oh yeah you should not.
Speaker 2: No, black and white and purple people should not buy a Tesla, right, And I'm like I can't support Elon Musk no in the Twitter of it all, like boy, good night, right, Okay, Okay, So I want to give my shady moment, but before I do that, I want to remind people I'm going to be in Chicago. At the City Winery doing something called a live show. We're going to laugh, we're gonna cry, We're going to do all the things. So come out and see me City Winery October twenty first at seven thirty right, and I'm doing our little meet and greet too, so fun. I'll be taking pictures and all the things. So get your tickets all right now. You know, I was at my work conference for a very long time. And apparently while I was there, and I know I said last episode that like my kids were calling me in the morning and waking me up, but apparently other people were calling me too.
Speaker 3: Apparently.
Speaker 2: I the other day went to my esthetician. I walk in the door and they're like, just SA, what are you doing? And I was like, what are you talking about? And they were like, we talked and we canceled this, we moved you, we moved you.
Speaker 3: To another day.
Speaker 2: And I was like, and then it all came flooding back that we I talked to the front desk lady. She told me that my asthetition had to take the day off, and she said, you told me you were going to call back to reschedule.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh my god, because I remember the conversation as soon as she said it, but I totally forgot. There's so many things.
Speaker 1: Did take it off your calendar.
Speaker 3: I've had major conversations with people I don't remember, so I don't know who's shady here my brain, yeah, or people that continue to call me when it was four o'clock in the morning where I was, I don't know. I think it's your brain. Is it my brain? Your brain shady? Yeah? Were you like I was eating my blueberries? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, clearly it don't work. Well, you know, it's so funny that you say that, because I have a.
Speaker 2: A letter, so seeing my blueberries every day blueber Okay, so my brain is very shady.
Speaker 3: You might not have been doing enough. Okay, why what they say?
Speaker 1: Because I have a little article. Yeah, and I was going to share this anyway.
Speaker 3: This is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I was going to share this anyway because as we get older, you know, there's just certain things we start to be more aware of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but side note, if you are sleeping and having a conversation, yeah, you're not supposed to remember.
Speaker 1: So you were sleeping when you had this conversation, oh, because it was early, because it was early. Yeah, I was sleep Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still have remembered when I woke up, not necessarily, but why are you.
Speaker 3: Able to have a full conversation while you're sleep right and then and then hang on, I go right back and then go right back to sleep and then no recollection. Yeah, but I was like, kind of scary. Well, I said to her. I was like, did I sound sleep? She was like, no, you sound of great. I was like, yeah, I had a full conversation while I was sleeping.
Speaker 1: But what happened with that is so funny. Yeah, that's kind of scary.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it happened several times I was there, people called me. It was late at night, I was talking my shit, talking all kinds of craziness.
Speaker 3: I fell in love with it bunch of times. Anyway, go ahead, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that we're talking about our brains, yeah, I came across this article. I say, I have to share this with the people. So these are six common habits that are prematurely aging your brain.
Speaker 3: And I really worry.
Speaker 1: About, you know, just living long and I want to have all of my facultackle teas and so this is stuff that I'm like, Okay, let me start preparing for that. Yeah, for my long life. So number one, you over indulge in alcohol.
Speaker 3: I do not. You do not anymore anymore, yes, starting yesterday. Okay, Well me neither.
Speaker 1: Like I've said this recently, like I've just totally pulled back on alcohol. But alcohol is one of the most significant components of premium short aging of the brain.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yes, So okay, what about weed?
Speaker 1: That's well weed smoking weed is bad for your heart. Oh okay, I thought I was. I thought I killed your brain, so that too.
Speaker 3: Okay, so well yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So I wouldn't do that either. Okay, you stay in all the time, Robin, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: The Frontiers and Aging Neuroscience Journal found that social isolation and loneliness were associated with poor cognitive aging.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not lonely and you're not isolating yourself, right, You just inside, right?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, But they need to get outside. I need to be more social.
Speaker 1: So whether it's a game night at a friend's house, a family dinner, or a big event, push yourself to say yes to spending time with loved ones. I love that You'll have fun, and these social interactions will also benefit your brain. Okay, Okay, you love junk food, oh, rob junk? I don't, not really, I kind of yeah, I kind of like junk food, like I do.
Speaker 3: I like sugar, like sugar.
Speaker 2: When I was on by the way, when I was on my work conference for almost thirty days, I decided not to like eat what I normally eat, which is like a bunch of sugar and obviously junk food, and it did change my body.
Speaker 1: You felt good, Yeah, I felt good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think it definitely makes a difference. So neuroscience neuroscientist doctor Amy Richolt explains that junk food is addictive because it activates the rewards system in our brains and releases dopamine, making us feel good. However, overly sweetened and fatty foods are bad for the brain. Toldally, okay, so they can inflame the brain, damaging brain cells. So let's get back on our sugar. Okay, on our junk food. I will do that, our fry, fatty food, our junk food.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Another way we prematurely ate our brain is by skipping the gem.
Speaker 3: And yes, yes, and I know you have some problems over kip the gym.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, and I know that doesn't apply to you, but that does apply to me, even though. So I was like working out consistently with my boys and they went back to school and I haven't worked out since.
Speaker 3: So I've not worked out.
Speaker 1: I think I worked out one day. I've not worked out one day since. I mean I only worked out one day since my boys have been back to school. Anyway, physical exercise promotes learning, planning, concentrating, and maintaining a clear active mind. It also counteracts the effects of cognitive agent.
Speaker 3: So okay, yes, I got Are you done? I have one more for you? No, okay, two more? Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You don't switch up your routine, so they say, doing the same thing every day, having a fixed schedule, the mundaneness of that can can cause premature brain agent.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that that would that could be me because I'm I there, I thrive off of a schedule. Yeah, so I need to switch it out. Yeah, okay, so that means different. Men, I'm with you too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to switch it up, switch it up. I guess. Yes, it's time to take a break.
Speaker 2: Presented by Diet Coke for the next few minutes, we're going to tell you how.
Speaker 3: We're taking a break this week.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we're spending hours in glam for the filming of our shows, and even more hours on our first job, motherhood.
Speaker 2: But no matter how busy the calendar is, we always find time to catch a break.
Speaker 3: Over an ice cold diet coke.
Speaker 1: When we're in between filming scenes on a reality TV show, getting ready to record a new podcast episode, or even watching our kids perform their best a crispy diet coke always helps us relax and recharge.
Speaker 3: The lovely barn of die Coke feels crispy and refreshing with every sip. It's just what we need.
Speaker 1: I love to take a little me time, grab my nail polish, sit back and paint my nails with my ice cold, crispy diet coke. Em nothing better.
Speaker 2: Yes, we want to invite you to take a break with us and enjoy a break with a diet coke.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break together.
Speaker 1: We hope you all enjoyed that little bit of me time thanks to dial coke, crispy, cold, refreshing and a sip of relaxation. To remind you, this is my time this is my taste. So it said, you know, just like block off a few hours once or twice a week for free time to spontaneously decide what you'll do. This keeps your brain excited and motivated.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yep. Challenging your brain with new mental exercises helped maintain the health of brain cells and stimulates connection among them. And then the last one on this list is you sacrifice sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I know you don't do that. No, no, no, Yes, sleep is very important.
Speaker 1: Sleep is very important. Seven hours a day keeps aging at bay. So getting the doctor recommended amount of sleeper night works wonders on your mental and physical health, and it bodes well for long term brain health. Yes, everybody, get your sleep, eat healthy, get your exercise.
Speaker 3: Stop drinking alcohol. So I'm being a drunkard. Yes, what else I don't know?
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a new study that reveals that traveling robin this is for you, is healthy and slows the aging process.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that, and I think that kind of corresponds with it totally do this, yeah, yes, and I like that and that and that is actually one thing, you know, especially like once my kids get out of high school. Yeah, like that's going to be on my priority lists. I'm not just things to do, but my priority list.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're gonna so every time you go on a vacation, you're going to have booked another one.
Speaker 3: Because that's how I do it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, Like if I go, like right now, I have too many things planned, but I know that, like my big vacation that I'll do at the end of the year, I know as soon as I'm like getting ready to do that, I need to plan my next one.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that. Okay, I like that. I'm not a planner. I will I take like spontaneous. I'm you're spontaneous, spontaneous.
Speaker 3: But you have to do it.
Speaker 2: And they say that a part of it is you always should be looking forward to a trip or something exciting happening for whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. I'm gonna do better at that. But right now, like with the kids, I mean I shouldn't. I should be able to make time for it. But with them and their sports schedules, it's just like it's crazy saying because you know I've talked about this. The basketball schedule alone takes us all over the country, so it's just trying to balance that. It becomes like too much for me to think about. Oh my gosh, I gotta plan this. I gotta plan that for basketball, and then I gotta plan a trip playing something for myself.
Speaker 3: But you do, you got to plan these trips.
Speaker 1: I should. I guess that's what travel agents are for, right, I mean, if I know, you kind of do it yourself.
Speaker 3: I like to do it myself.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about beggars on the street wearing Louis Baton shoes.
Speaker 3: What? Like? Are they real? I don't I don't know, but is that is that happening right now? Yes? Okay in this area? Yes, okay, And they have on like some Louis Slide some loafers like Louis Vuitton sneakers. They have on Louisvuittan's. Yes, So like just I think that's bad for business, you know what I'm saying? Like, yes, if your business is asking for money, yes, you should not have on designer sneakers, whether they're real or not.
Speaker 1: Yes, my guess is that they're probably fake, okay, okay, or okay, they're the fake hand me down. I mean shit, if they are real, I don't know, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But let's say they're fake. Okay.
Speaker 1: Even still, let's say they're fake and a hand me down. Okay, it's bad for business, It totally bad.
Speaker 3: I see you on the street.
Speaker 1: With Louis Vuitton shoes and you're asking me for a dollar. I'm not giving it to you.
Speaker 3: I'm they supposed to be shoeless. Are they supposed to be barefoot? No?
Speaker 2: But you shouldn't be wearing Louis Vuitton. Louisat is just the optics of it. Yes, it's just bad.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's bad because I'm like, okay, it's so I give you this dollar, you're gonna go buy now, you're gonna buy some Gucci sunglasses with it.
Speaker 3: Like what I'm moving on? I can't, I can't you all right.
Speaker 2: So there's this video in China that sewage erupts and sprays poop on cars all over. Okay, So it erupts from underneath the ground, right, and it's like sprunk. So imagine you know how we hit those water hydrants and like water's just like just it's like that, but it's poop and it's huge. Oh my, So it sent poop way up into the air. And it was going off for a very long time in China.
Speaker 3: That's not okay.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine no, I mean, can you imagine even like the smell. No, and then it's just spraying and then it gets on you and it sprang out from the ground.
Speaker 3: No, let's say you're driving by and it's on your car.
Speaker 1: I would be sick for months, like.
Speaker 3: For weeks.
Speaker 1: Weeks. Oh my gosh, yesterday, Yeah, my trash can. I guess when we put the trash out and it was like raining, so there's like a bunch of water in the bottom of the garbage can. Yeah, okay, Well because it's open, I guess it ended up being open.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: The trash people, they just throw them all around, So the lid must have been opened. It must have been water all in the bottom of it. So I go to put something in the trash can. I open it and it's the smell is rancid. And I look and I'm like, oh my gosh, like this is disgusting. So I pull it out, I dump it out, I sprayed it out. I felt sick just.
Speaker 3: From that smell for hours. It's like three days.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I was like my I thought I was going to throw up. It was rancid smell I ever smelled. So that's getting sprayed with poop.
Speaker 3: And huge, Oh my god God, And I'm trying to think, like, how did this happen? Take me away, how did this happen? Why is it spraying? Why is it spraying?
Speaker 4: A septic tank pipe burst during road construction in Wonxi, China, causing a massive eruption of waste. The explosion sends sewage shooting over ten meters into the air, covering nearby vehicles in waste. It is reported that the explosion was caused by a pressure test on a newly installed sewage pipe, not accidental damage during construction.
Speaker 2: I think it was done on purpose, just to see if they but you know, they probably it is a terrorist attack.
Speaker 3: Ohod that it's a terrorist attack. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Kim Kardashian is reportedly fuming. She's so upset Kanye because his wife, Bianca is wearing all this provocative clothes around the children.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that's what this is.
Speaker 2: Fuming and she wants to take this to court, and she's in a terrible spot because Bianca has completely won over the kids.
Speaker 3: They love her.
Speaker 1: Oh, AND's gonna be like, bitch, if you looked at.
Speaker 2: Yourself lately, That's what I'm getting to. Ye, we we can never It's like it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. No, it's like it's not like what you can't do if it's like you had a sex tape. It's like it's so many things. It's like, okay, what so what so where do we draw the line? Where do we draw the line?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where where did Bianca overstep? I mean, yes, when we see her, we're like, okay, put on, yes, but but we've all had.
Speaker 3: To endure her sex tape. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's kind of like you can't win this fight. Yeah, this fight, said, Kim can win. But that isn't one of them.
Speaker 1: That woman does walk around with like no clothes on zero, like a string simples popping, a string over her nipple, nipple popping. So I can imagine, you know, if they if young children. Yeah, we're walking around or around her and she's walking around with a string over her nipples. Yeah, and her problematic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's bothersome, no question.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but Kim, like I don't think you have any room, not that Kim does that nowadays, but you know there was once upon a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we always have to we can't, you know, we gotta keep in mind where we come from, right, very true. Cannot forget where we come from.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we you had to read something to read.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got we have tons tons to read, tons tons to read, so I do want to. This is a more recent one. So I recently talked about Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: Yes, honey, where are you now? I have not picked it back up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Rob, and I was thinking about you because I was like, Robin, it's got to be on like season four, season five.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't picked up. You know why because I started. I watched the second half of the season of Power. Season you don't watch Power? No? And is the Power with Ghost no, with the Sun whatever? His name is, Tarik Tarik and I really I actually lost me. Did not watch it before, but like, I just ran out of things to watch, so I started watching it.
Speaker 3: So they had a You didn't run out of things. You could have finished Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's true. So anyway, I don't know somehow I.
Speaker 1: Just decided to watch the rest of power. Okay, so that's kind of where I'm where my attention was. Ok So, let's get back to Game of Thrones. But go ahead, Game of Thrones. So we have a couple of letters. This one is from Alexandra Franch.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's hike girlies.
Speaker 1: I just want to say I love your podcast last so hard. When Robin was talking about Game of Thrones, I feel exactly the same. Tried to watch it so many times and I go to sleep. So I haven't even seen the first season. What, yes, Gazelle, Robin is not the only one that hasn't watched it.
Speaker 3: Did.
Speaker 1: She sends us a video, this conspiracy theory video on Beyonce. Oh, I watched it, and I'm like, it's nonsense.
Speaker 3: Okay, good nonsensical.
Speaker 1: Nonsense, just people trying to talk about Jay has control over Beyonce and Dre is drugged up Beyonce, And yes, nonsense, stop y'all. So she said, I would love to hear what you think about this theory. I think it's nonsense. Okay, Alexandra sending loads of hugs to you both from a virgo in Miyorca.
Speaker 3: Who spain Burg goes into house yes. Burg goes into house mayorca.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she said, ps, you can do more episodes a week.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can't.
Speaker 2: We sure can't, but yeah, we're not contractually obligated too, so this is what we do.
Speaker 3: Okay. So on the flip side, yeah, okay, go ahead, you.
Speaker 1: Another Game of Thrones? Hi, Robin, I work from home and listen to y'all religiously. This is from Kia Cannon. Maybe are you listening to us while you're working from home?
Speaker 3: Of course she is. And I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: Not trying to get you in trouble, Kiya, but Kia, we're about to get you in trou Okay, thank you for keeping me awake during the workday.
Speaker 3: Key, I'm got mad at you. I'm not mad at This is for Robin.
Speaker 1: I have started watching Game of Thrones too. I love period pieces and fantasy, so I am enjoying it. I want you to push through your boredom and keep watching. It's a slow burn, but will get interesting. I can't believe they keep it. It's like spoiler. I can't believe they keep killing off the main characters that you think will last through the entire show. But apparently that's their thing. Oh not really really okay, I think I am almost finished Season four. Giselle is correct about Denaris Targarian, Mother of Dragons, better known as Kalisi Bad. She is shaping up to be a cool character.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned. She is love you all.
Speaker 1: You get back to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, stop stop listening to us and not doing your job. So I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it another crack, and.
Speaker 3: You know, if it.
Speaker 1: Continues to put me to sleep, yeah, I'm just going to turn seeing In back on.
Speaker 3: Okay, as you should.
Speaker 2: But you know, seeing In right now is a lot of like political stuff, and sometimes I could just get over.
Speaker 3: It, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes I like to laugh though, Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: It's very It's comedy, okay, So I am. I want to read about Angel, who I've told you guys is at She does go to Spilman, yes, but if you see her leave her alone, is she still hot? I asked her yesterday how what the degrees of her room was? She said eighty five her room is and she said she got used to it. Really, I said that sounds Lord Chris. Oh okay, anyway, this is from Tasha Nicole High High Ladies, I'm a longtime listener, well pretty much from the beginning, because I'm a big podcast lover. Also, RHP is the only franchise I will watch because well, y'all are the best. Lol as straight up no chaser kind of gal myself.
Speaker 3: Is that you that's both of us. That's both of us.
Speaker 2: Okay, you two have always been fased. So now to the bulk of it all. This weekend, I'm home actually waiting to hear from my son how the sibling exchange went a morehouse tradition and she sent a picture and find out all the things. Imagine my surprise when my son finally sends a picture of his new Spellhouse sibling and it's little Miss Angel Bryant.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is this is actually a big deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna keep reading it and I'll come back. I respond back to him, William, I've watched her grow up. And he says, oh yeah, her dad is a big time preacher here and I saw no no, yeah, yeah, yeah that too, she says.
Speaker 3: She says, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, whatever whatever about her dand but her mom is an rho err And his reaction was like, oh okay, like he doesn't here anyway, I figured I would finally drop an email and say hey, because the last time I was going to send one was an episode topic. I waited and then couldn't recall what in the world I was going to email about anyway, So figured out that you'd already seen the picture of Angel and William. You probably got it way before I did, because these boys they don't cooperate, you know, they do not, but they're special. Love them, Love Robin So And this is from Tasha. T Hey, Tasha, So you know I told you how the hurricane was happening in Atlanta. Yeah, And I said, Angel, I'm gonna fly you to Hampton where Grace was.
Speaker 3: Angel said no, I'm like why. She's like, this is this.
Speaker 2: Big ceremony on Sunday and I don't want to miss it. I'm like, what the hell is the ceremony? Who gives a damn? It's you don't have no power right down there. And she was like, oh, we know we get our more House brothers. Oh, And I was like that sounds dumb. So her dad was like her dad, who went to Morehouse, was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is very important, it's very especial. And she cannot miss it, just out and I was like whatever.
Speaker 2: So she said in a hotel, her and her friends, you know, because they didn't have any power anyway, she got to go back to the dorm, change up.
Speaker 3: And then go to the ceremony. Okay.
Speaker 2: She goes to the ceremony and she's like, I don't know how they pair them up, but apparently when you get your brother, it's like your brother, right, and you can't like date them. Oh really yeah, and it's like a thing like you cannot date your your more morehouse brother what. So she gets Will. She told me his name is Will, and she sends a picture and.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, he's kind of cute. Yeah. I was like date him Angel. Oh. She was like, by me, I cannot. And I was like, what brother, it's incessay he kind of cute, Like, yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: She was like that's my brother. I said, no, you're not right. Okay, you just met this man and he's cute and he's.
Speaker 3: Smart and he brought her flowers. Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 2: So I was like, so, Tasha, you have a very well respected son and I'm trying to hook up Angel and Will.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, right, Yes, so.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many sibling spell House siblings have actually dated?
Speaker 3: Yes, or even Mary got married?
Speaker 2: Yeah, send us letters, let us know, because I'm sure it's happened. Yes, Yes, And she's picture. I saw the picture of Ya Tasha and her son.
Speaker 3: And he's handsome. She was raving about how nice he is and how smart he is and blah blah blah. Angel, you about to get your man's what get? Will lock that thing down.
Speaker 1: She might need to like not be his sibling anymore because she can date them.
Speaker 3: You know what I said to her, I said, pass him off to one of your friends so that you can't date him. She's like, that's not how it works. I was trying to break the real rule follower. Oh, she definitely is a rule follower. Yes, the worst. But I love her. But like I'm trying to it's Angel and Will to the end. Oh that's nice. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: That is one of like the beautiful things about going to an HBCU, a black school, like all of the traditions and the stuff that stays with you for your for life. Like, so Angel and Will are going to be connected for life. I have a when I went to Maryland, you know the that's a predominantly white school, and so the Black student Union they pair black people up with like a brother, a big right. Yes, I don't even remember my big name.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know it was a guy. He was short, I don't he was not big, No, he was short.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I was not dating my big I mean so, I'm just but it's like you don't get those experiences at a predominantly white school that you do at a black school. So I think that is a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's totally beautiful and hopefully so. Then she said, well, maybe Will has friends and I can date his friends. I said, no, just date well right the end. Right, she's not listening to me.
Speaker 3: All right, we've been vetted, he's been vetted, and I know his angel, I know his mama. His mama is Tasha se Yes, okay, all right, So this is from Fessica. Is that right for Socca Forska Fasika. Hey, Robin and joseetlle. I hope you're both doing well. I'm a college student in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh, she got to come to my show in Chicago, and I would love to attend yourself. Oh, and I would love to attend. Robin sent me up because I did not know I was reading this, and so Robin be is getting me okay. Pasika said she would love to attend Gazelle's twenty one Shady Question show. Is there a chance you can give a broke college student some free tickets?
Speaker 3: I know this thing right? If not, Gizelle, I hope you have an amazing show and enjoy your time in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Love you both so much. Forsika, you can definitely have because you're a broke college student.
Speaker 3: And I have three that I think they not broke. By the way, you.
Speaker 2: Can definitely have a ticket. Please come to the show. I would like to meet you.
Speaker 3: Pasika. You can bring because you know you got to be specific with these kids. You can bring one friend.
Speaker 2: Don't bring your five friends because y'all five friends gotta pay, Okay, but you and one friend can come.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yes, I'll put your name on the list, ma'am, I save this yes over, email us back, No, I put it just if your name is not Aska, Halleu HALLEYU. Just email us and confirm, Yes, email and confirm and yet come through.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Robin, if you set me up like that again. Rob was like, I'm a getter.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we have a little advice question from Amy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Amy's from Annapolis, Maryland. She said, Hello, ladies, I have a friend who just gout got out of an eight year relationship with a guy who treated her like absolute garbage, to the point where he got her inadvertently addicted to fentanyl. Her to go to rehab about six weeks ago. She just got out of her treatment facility a couple of weeks ago. She has told me she already met a new guy at the facility and has been dating him. I instantly started having thoughts about how she's going to get hurt again. I don't know what to do or what to say to her. I've known her since I was eight years old. I'm thirty two now, and she is one of my oldest friends.
Speaker 3: Any advice.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you get inadvertently hooked on fentanahl I do?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're with someone who is not good for you and they're and they're doing it and they give it to you or you know, I don't know, like.
Speaker 3: That's overtly well, it's not inadvertently, that's but I don't think so.
Speaker 1: So she probably did not have addiction issues before she met and this person, you know, got.
Speaker 3: Her hooked on jobs. Okay, that's horrible and sorry, what's her name? Amy? Amy? Sorry? Amy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So how do we how do you help a friend move on?
Speaker 2: But I think there's like some rules like that's supposed to date people that you're in the program with, right.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's probably not encouraged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're still going through the process of program, right, and the relationship is not good yeah, until you're like healed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you as a friend like not overstep or not insult your friend, but also show them like concern you know, and this is like a touchy subject subject or really touchy subject because you don't I don't know, you don't want to like trigger anything.
Speaker 2: No, but you don't want her getting going backsliding and going back. I don't know, Amy, I think you should be a friend by asking the right questions, you know, like maybe ask probing questions without with like you don't want to make her feel like you're judging totally because she's going to like shut you off, turn away, but just ask her, like, you know, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: How are you being treated? Like?
Speaker 1: How does he treat you? Oh?
Speaker 3: What do you guys? Do you know?
Speaker 1: Maybe just ask questions to get a grip on the relationship and tell her, you know what, I love you so much, I care about you so much, and I don't want to see you get hurt again.
Speaker 3: So please, I don't know, like, don't.
Speaker 1: Put yourself in a situation that could make you go backwards, you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, And let her know, like it's okay to be by yourself and that too. Yeah, it's totally okay to be by yourself, like you don't have to be in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I could see where that as a friend, like you could really worry about your friends, you know, like falling into the same traps again, especially if you're dating someone who's been at a treatment facility with you.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think I know that many people that have been and well have gone through rehab. Yeah yeah, like close close friends, right right, and to know that experience. Yeah, one of one of one's cousins who I've you know, known for years, twenty eight years, he recently was at a rehab facility and he is like the funniest person alive.
Speaker 1: Like he is like the life of the party.
Speaker 3: He comes.
Speaker 1: He he loves to like just have an audience and perform, and he's every time you see Robin, when am I coming on the podcast?
Speaker 3: When am I coming on the podcast? What's the same? Tell him? Come through? Brother? So Brother, okay, And I'm like, well, what are we talking about doing the podcast? What we're talking about?
Speaker 1: So I want to bring brother on the podcast because he is a mess. Okay, But I'm like, I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we can talk about his journey and like him going through rehab and how because I'm sure it's very difficult to like come get out of rehab and then come back and start living your life and get triggered. I'm sure by things like that whole process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that something we want to hear?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I'm sure to help people. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, Well I'll see about bringing brother on.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, he's a handful. He's a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he's fun though, it's like good, it's good handful. But I you know what, Amy, as I think about it, I think you should actually maybe call someone or talk to someone that works at a treatment facility okay.
Speaker 3: And ask them their their advice, Yeah, their advice, or how you know, so smart their experience, or how you should handle it, because I'm sure a lot of other people have gone through this and you have family members who are concerned about, you know, their loved ones who have gone in.
Speaker 1: Treatment facility and fallen in love.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, So I say call someone at a treatment facility that works and get there and.
Speaker 3: Get their advice.
Speaker 2: Yes, agreed. Okay, So we have one more. And this is a cheating scandal. Yes, you have to bear with us. It's kind of hard to get through.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a lot, it's a lot of he he did this, she did this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna we're gonna skip around it, all right. So this is from Angela w and the and the subject is should I cuss out my ex BF?
Speaker 3: For closure? Ex boyfriend? For closure? I cussed them out? Have you ever cussed somebody out for closure? No?
Speaker 1: I give I'm just like silent treatment. Oh yeah, silent treatment is good like you never existed.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I okay, so me me too. Facts. However, there have been situations in.
Speaker 2: Which years later, like maybe ten years fifteen years later, either I talked to the guy or something happens and we're just this happened not too long ago, and we're just talking and kind of like talking about like what happened, and I cussed this boy.
Speaker 3: Out, really out.
Speaker 1: It felt good.
Speaker 3: It felt great because then and it was better this way because then he could really understand, like he explained his perspective, which at the time I probably would not have been mentally able to hear because I was probably too angry. And he was able to hear my perspective with some good old customers. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: So I encourage it's the way ten years yes, Okay, So this is from angela w our friend group was completely blown up after a major cheating scandal. Long story short, now, mind you, She says, long story short, but this is.
Speaker 1: As not a short story.
Speaker 3: This is not a short story. But we're gonna get through, all right. She seed her glasses for this one. Wow, I can see yeah, Okay, all right, long story short.
Speaker 2: My sister and I met a few friends from our job and we've been friends with them over a decade. Our friends included another pair of sisters five, S and A.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's not given names, right initials? Okay?
Speaker 2: S and A and two girls who have been best friends for ten years, C and Miranda, Well Sea and Miranda were living together with C's boyfriend of four years.
Speaker 3: Miranda was having a secret affair with him about a year. When she confronted her, she was very nonchalant and said, sorry, I love him. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, This sent C into a major depression in harp break after her best friend acted like she never existed, but S did not. No, wait a minute, I skipped a line. Okay, right, okay. This ce into a major depression and heartbreak after her best friend that she considered a sister would never do this to her, my sister and I stopped all communication with Miranda immediately and acted like she never existed, but S did not.
Speaker 3: Ooh, so are we following this? S is still communicating.
Speaker 1: Friend group Miranda cheated on C's Yeah, S is still talking to and one of the friends is still talking to Miranda. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 2: And to make things worse, Miranda asked S if C had moved because she wanted to send flowers for her mother's death anniversary. Fuel to the fire, yes, but the real reason she was trying to find if C moved was so she could ask for her security deposit back from the apartment, the same apartment she was sleeping with her boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Bitch, bye, what see? Audacity has me shaking.
Speaker 2: No flowers were ever sent, by the way, but what was sent was an email to see where she actually asked for the deposit back, but she could deduct for a cleaning fee.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Miranda has no shame. This is amazing. Okay, do we need to continue? I don't know. All you got two paragraphs sent fast forward about a year now, as wants to start hanging out with the adulteress again because she wants to rekindle her friendship with Miranda. So I wonder is Miranda dating the still wait for God? Who knows?
Speaker 1: God does she cheated with?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: As one of her really close friends. She brings this up to me and I tell her that ultimately it will change the dynamic of the group because this girl is the devil and she really hurts se.
Speaker 3: I told her, we.
Speaker 2: Cannot control what you do, but it will definitely make me feel some type of way, because why would you want to keep a friend around like that, right, She said, Miranda didn't kill anyone, which is really messed up thing to say. Because she was so depressed, everyone thought she was suicidal. I keep defending see, but she would constantly try to change my mind. She kept wanting to go back and forth with me, but I just stopped responding. Then s started posting subliminal messages online clearly about me, and of course I had to post a few back.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Then I stopped because, as my daddy from Oppulusis would say, you can't argue with stupid mind you you know my mama was born to opolution.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, you can't argue with stupid this Okay, I didn't really want to read this letter, but I am so excited on reading this letter. This thing is so good. Okay, all right, where are we? Okay, So then you can't argueliminal message? Okay.
Speaker 2: Then she said, Since then she has unfollowed see my city and myself continued to post subliminal message about us online for months.
Speaker 3: She also had her family unfollow us and had them stop talking about us. She has put in more effort to show hate towards us than the actual adulterous who caused the situation. This is getting good, right, okay?
Speaker 2: All in all, Okay, so we're about to We're about to get this rap this thing up. All in all, she made this whole mess about herself. Anne has taken a lot out, a lot of our energy away from the true victim. See she has done this for years, and it's so tiring to have to keep catering to such selfish person. She's a Leo by the way. Who I'm like, who's a Leo out here?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 1: But Leo's are selfish. I don't know any leos.
Speaker 3: I don't think. Oh, leos think the world revolves around what what month is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: August?
Speaker 1: Oh, upper August? Yeah, early August? So mid I guess like late July, mid to mid August. Okay, yes, leo's think the world revolves around. Who do you know that's a leo? Actually have a lot of I'm a fire sign, so I'm an aries Leo's a fire sign, and so nobody that I'm trying to think anyone that you would know Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 2: And that explains it. Okay, she said she's a Leo by the way. Way, real shock her. I'm sure I'm very clear that our friendship can't come back from this. She did a lot of other shady things in the meantime. But my question is, oh, thank god we.
Speaker 3: Got a question.
Speaker 2: Should I cuss her out for closure and tell her about herself okay? Or should I just ignore her and the nonsense that she posts?
Speaker 3: Cuss her out?
Speaker 2: Cuss her out, I say, because it's a woman and this is not like a romantic relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cuss her to filth.
Speaker 1: Cuss her out, yes, tell them herself and keep it moving, and then you just ignore all the rest whatever falls out from that. Yeah, so be it. Cuss her out, cut her off my friend groups. She's no selfish, she owned the world revolves around here her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Clearly, you have a friend that was really hurt by another friend, and you want to bring that friend around the group. No, if you want to spend time with the girl, find do it on your own, totally. Don't tell anyone. Yeah, don't bring her up like she's off limits, but don't put that in people's space and then when people don't like it, then you get mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, No, definitely cuss her out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's and she should be dead to you, like, why are we even dealing with this woman anymore?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yea? And I think people everyone in this situation like the who is it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: It? It's s So that needs to be the cussing out s needs to put herself in sea's shoes, you know what I'm saying. Like people when it when it's something controversial like this, or when stuff goes down and someone did something to someone and you're on the outside looking and like you gotta say, you know what, how would I feel if that person did that to me? How would I want things to be handled? Or how would I want my friends to deal with that person? And then the girl can understand a little bit more so while you're cussing her out, tell her to put yourself in sea shoes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or Miranda, Miranda was the adulteress. Yeah yeah, Like we're not talking to her either.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah you're not yeah, talking to rand No, Miranda, you are dead to us, Okay, but cuss her out, cuss her out, and it's like, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Because also, I mean you wrote a very long email, yeah, so clearly you have emotions about it. Yes, total, So I think ignoring the situation is not gonna bring you resolution. Now, it's what's going to bring you resolution is telling that person about themselves. So, whether you do it in a text message, in a voice memo, and a phone call, I think it's a phone call in an email, however you do it, do it, Yes, I think it's definitely a funt. You're not going to get your satisfaction. Yeah, if you just ignore.
Speaker 2: It and and then and but then, don't just cuss out for cussing out, sake, have like, have like a plan, meaning like I don't like X, y Z and a third you run it all down and lose my number, right and bitch, I better not see you again exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know many people I told lose my number. Oh I love saying that, just lose my number. Yeah, he text me all his bullshit. I'm like, I'm gonna lose my number.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, Yes, we're good, Yes, yeah, we're go on, go on, tell her boy.
Speaker 2: Herself, yes, cuss her tough film, Yes, all right, we're out of here.
Speaker 3: Guys. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or shakey or both. And I'm in psaka I'm gonna see you in Chicago, right, Pasika, Bye bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady