Speaker 1: Hello, Andy, Oh, hi, Scott, gonna play this. Do you think people get mad that we play that and they just say, why can't they just get to the show.
Speaker 2: I think that really. I mean, I think it's cool to have a theme song. I like the theme song, but I think it depends. Like I would say, we should play one every five episodes. Like this way, if it's a new listener, they jump in on a new one, they can hear the theme song.
Speaker 1: Because if they're binging it and they just keep hearing theme songs taking up a minute at the beginning, over and over like ah, and they probably fast forward it anyway. Yep, but not that new one that we have the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 2: I love that one. Yeah, Brodie did such a good job.
Speaker 1: We'll play that in the next episode. Okay, all right, Welcome to Serial Killers. It's episode one twenty nine. Today's Friday, July thirty. First one more day till August. Andy, Tomorrow's August.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's my birthday, Mink.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's almost well, now it's Leo season.
Speaker 1: You knew that it was my birthday.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. I just write the horoscopes for the show.
Speaker 1: So that's why you knew it was my birthday month. Yeah, really, you're August sixth. I have no idea when your birthday is. Is it June first or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not even surprised that you don't know May thirtieth, because it would be typical of someone who is so into saying, how you know things have to be a certain way, Like someone who's so into themselves would not know about other people.
Speaker 1: That's not true. I'm not into myself. I did to do the Big Andrew birthday episode. I know what Cooper is. May fifth, Well, that's second of myobib. We did that on purpose. We had her on May fifth on purpose, so I would never forget it.
Speaker 2: Okay, just like that said that you wouldn't even know your own child's birthday if it wasn't on a holiday.
Speaker 1: Well, my daughter actually is on Veteran's Day because we did that on purpose, too, so I'll never forget it. Eleven, eleven and five to five, and my wife's birthdays eight eight. See, I can't forget any of those.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god, do you remember your own birthday? Because you're the most important star of all, you really don't know what my birthday is.
Speaker 1: That's rude. You really don't know it's May thirtieth.
Speaker 2: It's not May thirtieth, it's June first. You really don't know my birthday.
Speaker 1: It's March twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can continue this podcast.
Speaker 1: When is it it's an m No, Oh it's April.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's April twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's the thirtieth, Yeah it is. I knew it was the thirtieth of some month.
Speaker 2: Let it just be known that I knew when your birthday was. Also, it's written right there.
Speaker 1: I was going to turn around, but I didn't want to. Well, look, it took me less than ten guesses. I think that that's a commendable.
Speaker 2: I knew yours right off the bat because you do the birthday lists. Okay, I printed out once you also looked, No, I know your birthday?
Speaker 1: All right? Can we get on with this episode? Okay, we're actually going to call this the throwaway episode because it kind of is just like a waste. And I'll explain why to you. If you take out your little bags, you should have bag number. What do you got? You have nine to ten? Perfect? Well, you've done those already, so get those out of the way. I would like to start with ten first, if you don't mind. Andrew got a direct message from our listener Shelton about two weeks ago. Shelton said, Hey, guys, I'm just guessing what he said because I don't remember. First of all, do you know what cereal that is?
Speaker 2: This looks like cocoa puffs.
Speaker 1: It does look like cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: Smells like it too.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Apparently, a few months ago, unbeknownst to us, Yeah, General Mills went ahead and changed cocoa puffs, and unless you eat it every day, you wouldn't know. Look how much smaller those puffs are. They're about half the size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not as big in ball shaped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Shelton said they taste different too, So we're going to put that to the test today. We of course did coco puffs like a thousand years ago, but since the recipe apparently has changed. Even though I did do an investigation of the ingredients and they're the same ingredients, but they're just one of them's reversed. So I don't know if this is going to taste any different, but it certainly looks different, and I don't know why they did it, and I will be looking for an explanation asap. All right, So.
Speaker 2: Protective Scott on the case and put new taste on it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say anything, that's the thing. It doesn't say new and improved. Usually they say that when they ruin things. It doesn't say smaller balls. It doesn't say anything like that. So it just has chocolatey fun on the back, naturally flavored frosted corn puffs. There's just crazy sunny on the front, sucking really hard on that straw.
Speaker 2: Is that Nate?
Speaker 1: No, Nate left hours ago.
Speaker 2: No, that looks like Nate.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's one of the guys from over there. If that's Nate, he got really heavy and a lot more hair.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no that's not Nate. Yeah, that's embarrassing for me.
Speaker 1: That guy's also like three feet shorter than Nate.
Speaker 2: Well, I can only see the backpack, and Nate has the same backpack.
Speaker 1: So that's how you recognize people by their backpacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is it that hard to say that the person standing outside of the studio wearing a backpack exactly like Nate's could have been Nate.
Speaker 1: Not when the guy's much shorter and dumpier, No, and has one of those hair things on top that looks like a natural Yamaica.
Speaker 2: Well, I really hope that you don't know that person's name. Nor does this person listen to the podcast, because if they're listening at this date.
Speaker 1: And time, they're gonna be like, that's me.
Speaker 2: It. Scot's an evil person.
Speaker 1: I don't know him, he doesn't know me. We're all good. Wow.
Speaker 2: That would be a typical Scott thing. Doesn't know people's birthdays, doesn't try to make conversation unless it's made with him. Also, you never get me a spoon.
Speaker 1: I gave you a spoon. You should be using the same one from the last house.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you gonna forget me on the milk like you did the last episode?
Speaker 1: Do you hate this planet? Andrew? Mm mmm? I just ooh dairy Pure from Tuscan cool. You know what I hear? I do hear that one of our good friends in the sales department might be close to sealing a deal with a milk company. That's what I hear, But I don't know. They might let us down as everyone else does in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one and two things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's cocoa puffs. Here we go. I say it tastes just like coca puffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the smaller balls make for a less crunchy experience. Just my opinion.
Speaker 1: I think the bigger one is maybe a little bit more airy. These are a bit more styrofoamy. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four balls on a spoon. Don't hate it, Just I missed the crunch.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think maybe it does taste a little bit different. I think there's not as much cocoa in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the flavor does kind of run off.
Speaker 1: You're right, I'm giving this version three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I give it four bowls in this boom. If you want cocoa puffs, I mean it's going to do the trick, but just don't go in expecting the old crunch or as much chocolatey taste.
Speaker 1: I recommend Cocoa Puff's brownie crunch while you can still get it, because that is the bomb. Diggity? Do I still say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm gonna play this song.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna play no diggity?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I was. Now I'm not going to You're so predictable. Now I'm not going to because you know that song. Yes, that's why I said it, but we out is somebody says at the end, I don't know. I only really know it from pitch Perfect.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: You know what pitch perfect is? You have two girls.
Speaker 1: It's some kind of a show or movie or something.
Speaker 2: You know what pitch perfect is? You know the crazy song oh Anna Kendrick, you know pitch Perfect. Don't be this person. Why are you lifting up.
Speaker 1: Your shirt because it was stuck on what? I don't know?
Speaker 2: You're something's going on with you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This fruit loop shirt is very weirdly fitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's very uh, curve hugging.
Speaker 1: Is that what you call it? Well, thank you very much Shelton for bringing that to our attention. We'll try to investigate further and see what else has changed about this new version of Cocoa Puffs.
Speaker 2: I just realized your shoot shirt. Shoot, your shirt is very Mumu esque. I have to agree with you. When I put it on this morning, I'm like, this shirt is big. I mean it's an extra large and I do wear extra large from time to time, but.
Speaker 1: It is big. I don't look it's very flowing it's very flowing. I feel like Homer Simpson in that episode, remember when he was wearing the big mumou.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you should be walking around like, I don't know, it's you need a Hawaiian version of it.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to the next one and the next one. Also, do you know what number nine is? Look at that Cookie Christ.
Speaker 2: But we've had Cookie Chris before, so it must be the Ald version of it. We've had all the Cookie Cookie Moons before, so it must be the Jewish version of it.
Speaker 1: The Jewish version. Yeah, well, shalom to you, but there's no Jewish You mean, like a Kosher version from that Kosher Nano Schevitz company. No, it's not that either.
Speaker 2: So it must be the Kashi Go version of it, because we've done Kashi Go of literally every other series.
Speaker 1: It's Kashi Go chip. It's brand new, no anyway, So you know the brief history back.
Speaker 2: And you have paint on that shirt too?
Speaker 1: What paint?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have white paint on the back of the shirt.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's bird poop. Oh, it's it's fuzz Look look at this. Yeah, it's definitely got room for you to grow into. Anyway, So you know back in nineteen seventy seven when Ralston introduced Cookie Chris with our friend Cookie Jarvis, who's that We went through this whole thing in that episode, Andrew. And then in the nineties Ralston ceased to exist and sold it to General Mills, and they changed a little bit, and people were pissed. There's Cookie cop and Cookie Crook, and now who's on there? Andrew Cookie Wolf and what does he say?
Speaker 2: Cookie Chris?
Speaker 1: Very good. I was in the aisle the other day and I noticed on the front of the Cookie Chris box it says, now thirty more chips. Oh, I'm gonna say no, it doesn't look it no, right, But I figured we had to try it and see if it was any different, because look, technically, if there's thirty percent more chips, it's a different cereal. You're right. So there's Chip the Wolf, the great taste of chocolate chip cookies and milk. Crack the code for even more chocolatey chips.
Speaker 2: Can I crack the code? Let me do it?
Speaker 1: It's too hard to do.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. I could do it in two seconds.
Speaker 1: Really, you don't even have to fill in that blank without doing anything. It's chocolate exactly, So what dumb kid has to figure out what letters fills that? In dumb kid, there's three letters missing. If you don't know that that's chocolatey, you could never be on Wheel of fortune.
Speaker 2: Sir, you are a what a sixty five year old man doing the puzzles on the back of these.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm nowhere near sixty five, so eat it. Puzzles not meant for that song?
Speaker 2: Yes, weird al who is weird ol? If I know who the person is, why would I say it? And now it's the time for you to say, Oh, it's Rupert. I haven't seen Rupert in so long.
Speaker 1: Oh, Rupert's bringing us cups. He's got new cups he does. Yeah, there's some weird different cups.
Speaker 2: Maybe wearing a mask.
Speaker 1: Nah, he's gonna come in wearing a mask. Hi, Rupert, what are those crazy cups? Thank you so much? So interesting? Let me see they're perk. What is this cup again? Oh? The cups that repeat themselves? Thank you. They're eco friendly and they're compostable.
Speaker 2: You could hate everything about the cups, then you.
Speaker 1: Can put them in your compost pile.
Speaker 2: I don't have a compost pile.
Speaker 1: Why not do you. Yes, of course you do.
Speaker 2: The lies and the liars who tell them, here have some milk. Oh, you're actually remembering to give me milk this time. Also, the milk is sweaty like you see.
Speaker 1: That's because it's so hot in here.
Speaker 2: It's like a milk jug nail.
Speaker 1: You know what? Some of these. Look at this one, This one just has a line of chip on it. Look that one's smiling, so maybe there actually are more chips. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's see one tea thing.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I mean I will say that. You know what, I don't even taste any chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it just like a vanilla cookie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What a letdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big letdown. I'm gonna give this three bowls in a spoom.
Speaker 1: If you look carefully at these, they just look like they actually look like the coronavirus. They look like a disease. Right, they look like little circles with chicken pop a right slurper. Would you give it three bowl I'm gonna give it three balls. It's not even that good.
Speaker 2: It's a letdown.
Speaker 1: If we went back to the original Cookie Crisp episode, we both gave it four bowls.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of salt in it. Yeah, this is you can taste the salt, right.
Speaker 1: I do taste salt. Yeah, this is not they ruined it. Yeah, I think you should reduce it by thirty percent and go back to the original.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Holy cases, Yeah, not really good. Spit in the mic corn sugar, corn meal, yellow corn flour, canola oil, cocoa process with alkali, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt. The salt is pretty far down there, but you can definitely taste it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So two disappointing improvements, I guess. Yeah, from General Mills. Hey, guys, get your ish together, please. This is the hill that you DIEO. Your kids are going to look back and say, my dad crusaded against General Mills, the place where Ashton Kutcher worked and swept up cereal dust. We learned that two episodes ago.
Speaker 2: We did des Moines, Iowa. That's the time for you.
Speaker 1: Don't even listen. No, the wherever Knox built, that's Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Come on, Andrew, what city was it?
Speaker 2: Bluffs?
Speaker 1: Council Bluffs?
Speaker 2: No, oh wow, you filled in the council part.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Council Bluffs.
Speaker 1: That's also Iowa. But no, come on, Andrew, Aralston. No, Rawston is not a town. I mean, it probably is somewhere, but that's not it.
Speaker 2: Uh, Iowa?
Speaker 1: Where the You lived in Iowa for ten months? You've said that a thousand times and you can't remember the name of the city.
Speaker 2: No, I just know that you basically said that it's this way. You could segue into once again mentioning that you quote unquote lived in Iowa a type of tree quote unquote lived there for ten months, a type of tree, and go over the in a barrel frog in cedar rapids?
Speaker 1: Andrew, Oh yeah, rapids, rapids in a barrel? Go over the What you said in a barrel? Oh wait a minute, if you actually got that right, you would have said cedar falls. And cedar falls is another It's just forget it. I ruined the whole thing. But you should have known it was cedar rapids, you dope. Next time you'll know.
Speaker 2: No, I probably still won't.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks for listening to cereal killers it again. This is a big giant. I told you it was a throwaway. Okay, we did two cereals that we already it's so hot in here, it's really nuts. So can you not take your shirts so hot? See way more of you than they need to. It's two cereals that we already did episodes ago. They both suck now, so I'm not going to be buying them anymore. And that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Scotty's dramatic. I mean, they're not the worst cereals ever. Still buy them. It's just they're not like they used to be.
Speaker 1: So why would I buy them? I like things the way they used to be.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just you in general. That's you as a person. I'm very type of change. You immediately shut down and like run into a corner and cry about it.
Speaker 1: I'm very nostalgic.
Speaker 2: It's okay, there's mental disorders.
Speaker 1: No, there's not. I like to be reminded of my childhood. If you're gonna have something with the same name, don't change it.
Speaker 2: You might have just a tinge of something else, like OCD or something. Because the minute something moves out of it's like deviated position, You're like.
Speaker 1: I can't breathe. By the way, speaking of Josh, the head engineer that comes in here, Yeah, he moved some cereal boxes around. Yeah, and when I came in this morning, I saw stuff out of place because I know where everything is in here. I know it. These are my children. So when one goes to play with the other one and they're not supposed to because you know they're allergic to each other or whatever, I can tell when they're moved. And he came in and like moved a bunch of them around. He said, see anything different, and I was like, yeah, you moved all the cereal around if.
Speaker 2: I moved around. Okay, Well, don't make it seem like this is that impressive because you put there's let me think there's four eight at least thirteen cashis that you put all next to each other. You put all the Cascadian Farm SECTUALI other, you put all the cheerios, honey. Okay, So if somebody moves something, you're making it seem like the serial is like not in order, but you put it in order. So it's not that impressive for you to be like, I.
Speaker 1: Know where they are.
Speaker 2: Of course you would, because if a grape nuts is over in the cheerio section, anybody with two eyes can see it.
Speaker 1: But the fact that I just walked in and it caught my eye you know, who's a phone, Andrew, who's calling you? Who is it?
Speaker 2: Why does it matter?
Speaker 1: Because why is it so important? Just leave the phone down, you.
Speaker 2: Pick up your phone during this podcast all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to have this argument. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on social media serial Killers PC on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter and soon to be our own website as soon as Andrew builds it out. That should be a couple of months, maybe a year or two, so this pocket might be over. This is such a jerk. What I told you, I bought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have to figure out what we want to do, Like we need to pick out like a layout, Like do we want it to be where you can listen to the episodes on it? I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not have the links there too?
Speaker 2: The links?
Speaker 1: Yeah to what to wherever you listen to this podcast? Yeah, I mean that's okay. Yeah, I just had to we need a graphic designer.
Speaker 2: No, because it's just you pick the color.
Speaker 1: We have a logo, yes, but I hate the way that your list looks, so it needs to be like.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. Is what I'm saying is that if we had a website, we would just copy and paste the episode descriptions, and in the episode description on the website, we could just put what it's rated.
Speaker 1: It needs to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Speaker 2: Can you never say aesthetic that way ever again?
Speaker 1: Or you can just post the picture that we post on Twitter.
Speaker 2: If you say aesthetic the exact same way that Michelle, our survivor friend, yeah, she says it the exact same way and her sister.
Speaker 1: Well, then perhaps that's the correct way.
Speaker 2: Okay, when Michelle comes back on this episode, we're going to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh she's coming on this episode.
Speaker 2: I mean in a few episodes when we have her back on, eventually she's going to say aesthetic. You're going to hear it. You're going to be like, oh wow, someone says it just as wrong as me.
Speaker 1: All Right, have a great weekend, Happy August, everybody, stay safe. Please like and subscribe, and please leave us a review or two if you can. I don't know, created another account too, let's review fraud. Okay, then go to your friend's house that doesn't listen and leave it on their account. Why not? I like reading them. It's fine every time I know one pops up and I'm like, oh cool.
Speaker 2: You know you could just use like our chart account and it just puts it all there for you.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what that means. Of course, we'll see you on Monday. Thank you for listening until then, crime Chan, what's a chart account? Like?
Speaker 2: We have an account that tells us where we rank on things and when people leave reviews. Also, I really love that you just took the whole follow us on social media and like can listen to us and leave reviews things. And that's just your spiel, Nail.
Speaker 1: You're just very tired. You don't want to do anything.
Speaker 2: Since when am I not here?
Speaker 1: Your your camelto is not very aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
Speaker 2: That's not a camel tooe.
Speaker 1: Well it's a big bolt. Well thank you commenting on my package, but it's the balls. I don't need that now