Speaker 1: Native Lamp Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody, welcome home. This is our mini pod. Y'all's giving Battle of the sex This here because you know, back in the day, Eliah said, aj no, but the number. But what we didn't know was that that r Kelly Lurkin in the background was going to create a much larger problem for young women everywhere. And you know, I just think that sometimes women escape this when they are the cougars and the predators. So I'm not gonna necessarily say that this woman was a predator for dating someone who is legal. But I do have a problem with a forty someven year old woman dating somebody the same at as my godchild. This woman was on love and hip hop, I believe Tommy, and she was at least on a date with Solange Knowle's son Jules Smith. Now, if you gonna date a young man, don't let it be the young man with the mama that beats it with in a fight in the elevator.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if you want to run up on that one. Let's rote this clip.
Speaker 5: Nick Oh lord, oh lord, look at look at him happy, happy to be really happy.
Speaker 4: Look at and the fact that she's recording this.
Speaker 5: That's what they do these days.
Speaker 3: My baby, literally your baby, young enough to be your baby.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be fine.
Speaker 2: I said, it's hard to be fine.
Speaker 3: We got some money on your back.
Speaker 5: He's in Miami, day in Miami.
Speaker 1: What's the objections? It's about to figure out what Angela's objection is. What's the core objection?
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 4: This child is twenty? Isn't he twenty twenty one? He's twenty one? You're right? And Tommy is forty one, and well.
Speaker 1: What should issue? I think Angela is the only one with a problem because I was. I was a cougar hunter, That's what I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: Not twenty years twenty when.
Speaker 1: I met Ellen. Now, Ellen was eight and a half, nine years older than me. It wasn't twenty, but that was a whole lot. I mean, so.
Speaker 4: Ellen still looks younger than you, with all due respect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what does that?
Speaker 1: I mean, does it have to do with how you look? Your age?
Speaker 3: I mean, twenty years is too significant for a man or a woman dating someone their junior.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I was forty and she was sixty.
Speaker 1: Still the big issue.
Speaker 2: Maybe Look, look, I don't share run around here with a thirty five year old. What is she she pushing?
Speaker 4: Pushing too much too, that's too much. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we loved this.
Speaker 4: Mini pot is over. I thought that. Okay, so I was not the only one carried, but so many.
Speaker 2: Now you agree with me.
Speaker 6: I'm going to tell you that these are these gentlemen are not even are he is She's not.
Speaker 5: Talking about cheering, We're talking about adult No, but my.
Speaker 4: God child is the same age.
Speaker 6: That's why. That's why you see it, and that makes perfect sense. But I will say, Angela, there's something in the water. And I'm not saying this is for everyone, but there is something in the water about this generation of young men who are unafraid to holler at.
Speaker 2: Women older than them from.
Speaker 1: Tell me what your no.
Speaker 6: I only like younger men come to me with no issue and come to me with no drama, come to me like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: If they they not nonchalant?
Speaker 6: You older men be nonchalant like I'm not a big deal chalant me my.
Speaker 2: G B chalanted?
Speaker 6: Okay, do not come to me on some nonchalant you are, okay, I want you to be chalanting me the entire time. These young men will do that because they have no ego involved. They have not been hurt, they have not been damaged, and they will come to you. Look, I'm not doing twenty, but I will say, I mean, I do get a young fella, youngest the youngest where I would really seriously consider it.
Speaker 2: I'd live right around thirty five. That's where I'm a b.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be I could do thirty six.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait for what?
Speaker 2: So is this just like to know today for real?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, y'all?
Speaker 6: Just fun and then they're dating for real? So fun fun, I'd hit to third night, I go right at a third end.
Speaker 4: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I would, I would, But my question isn't cause you do, Angela.
Speaker 1: This is where you get.
Speaker 4: I just I can't. I just I can't.
Speaker 1: But for fun, y'all ain't really asking people for this. Ain't like to say that you're not meeting somebody in a mutual space asking them for their identification card. If you find somebody to be attractive when you're in their conversation, has a good job you know them if they are twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you'll know they am my professional development program.
Speaker 4: I don't know them any other way, you know.
Speaker 6: And then it's rare that you'll meet I think, at least in my particular case, it's rare that I meet somebody in their twenties that I'm like, oh, this sounds like someone I would like to have a full conversation with. This sounds like somebody I want to sit and talk about. But the thing is they haven't had enough experiences to maintain the stimulation that would want to keep me there.
Speaker 2: And so that's it.
Speaker 5: I think that's the line of demarcation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why I really couldn't take someone that young. Seriously.
Speaker 6: Now, that's what I said about thirty five in your dating summer, You're like, Okay, you've had some life experiences. You may own a home, you may have you may have started your own business. You're you're you're fully invested into this thing called adulthood. You're you've been adulting and so therefore allegedly way, but what I mean, just in theory, you've traveled, you've lived the world, Like there are things that you've experienced, and so the conversation and so the agreements and the level of which we can really relate keeps me interesting.
Speaker 1: I understand that because the first time you get the Cheesecake Factory menu, if you haven't been there before, if you haven't seen it before, it can be overwhelmeding.
Speaker 5: Options.
Speaker 1: But everybody, everybody knows you got to start with the lettuce raps. That's why you need that experience. Mercy, my significant other and I still go tod We still we do Applebee's appetizers because that's that's.
Speaker 5: When you know better. You do better.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: No, yes, Psychritt, we're still eating there. But I'm not let me ask you this, you guys, what about So we talked about the youngest.
Speaker 4: The guys didn't answer.
Speaker 3: Really, y'all should we want to keep you safe with your with your wives, but I do want to know what's the oldest, so you guys can go back to the oldest you dated when you were still in the streets and then carry the oldest you date now.
Speaker 1: I just didn't like young I didn't like young women.
Speaker 4: That's because you just pop.
Speaker 1: But I just did to. I didn't feel like I didn't feel like teaching. Yeah, I didn't want to. I wanted somebody with the with with a certain level of experience physically, emotionally, had been through those things. I was out here. I wasn't. Yeah, we're not out here trying to trying to, you know, teach a protagona theorem. When we're hanging out together. I want you to already be experiencing.
Speaker 2: To come and do it the way he wanted. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So that's why, that's why me and my wife hit it off. Well, so I didn't I didn't train. Yeah, no, no, no, we don't. We don't. We don't practice this game time.
Speaker 6: I will date probably say the youngest. I would really and again the word date is I'm using that word lightly. I the latest, i'd consider the youngest. I'd consider it this. Oh oh yeah, I'm not yeah, because maybe this sounds awful what I'm about to say, maybe sixty sixty something.
Speaker 2: But you have to be together, Like if I'm working, I don't want you to work out.
Speaker 1: You know, sure, yeah you can work out, but the problem is the problem is if they sixty something, you're gonna work out together, but you.
Speaker 5: Gotta update your narrative.
Speaker 6: Sixty Yet I'm thinking fifty five right right, If I'm being honest, I was going to live right here.
Speaker 1: Ask you to a question, can you too do? Can you to do? Divorced with another family?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That wait a minute, hold on divorce with another family? You sound like afro Man, which you know he.
Speaker 5: Ain't say nothing by marriage afro man.
Speaker 1: I didn't say and but like but divorce but has but has like I used with so like divorce but has college age ex wife and college age children ex wife? Yeah, that doesn't I've dated.
Speaker 5: I diated somebody who had a child when I was first elected, and I actually thought it was going somewhere. And then of course all the older women in my life were like, I don't know what you wasted.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna that doesn't bother me. The children, I.
Speaker 1: Never thought it would be. It was, and I love it. I realized.
Speaker 4: My kids, like I love kids, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think we're approaching at a different ages now. I think we it'd be very hard to go into something new and lasting that doesn't have some history. But I mean, for me, the number is not as important as like the connection with the person, and I get like if you're a certain age and you haven't lived enough life. But I don't necessarily prescribe exclusively. I think you should had you lived this long, know some things and so on and so forth. But I've also met people who you're like, God, damn, this person's been here. I don't know how you know my life, like you know my life, but you know you're speaking it into me, and vice versa. So I think I'm not hooked up on age, except probably when it comes to my kids. Maybe I may have some opinions that will differ uh here, but but I think if you got a solid connection, the age thing will figure itself out.
Speaker 1: I think that man look at things differently too, though, I think that the I think that the attachment that men gravitate towards first is more of a physical rather than the emotional attachment that you that Angela and Carry were alluding to, like the emotional maturity age. But yeah, but well, yeah, I do do you think it thinks? But I think twenty to forty most most men, the first thing that they gravitate towards is the physical attraction and more somebody, more so than for me. But I'm not when I say, I mean, I mean all of the physical.
Speaker 4: Tiff was still on the show. Tiff was on the show.
Speaker 3: Tiff said she attracted somebody's brain when she see them.
Speaker 5: I have she you gotta have some.
Speaker 2: You got some real serious.
Speaker 6: For that to overcome it on this precious beautiful man like on the show on Flavoring and Funny Jamal and I talk about this.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 6: I love you, Bakari, I love you Andrew. You as are beautiful, handsome man, like right up my alley. I like you, tall, dark and handsome, and so it is. I will go for that first, which leads me in trouble. Now when you open your mouth and it's nothing, then I'm like, I'm turned off.
Speaker 2: You can only do so much with that. You can only for.
Speaker 6: A woman and a man could deal with the aesthetic all day. I need something more. But I do like to look at you. I do want to be like here, Andrew.
Speaker 1: You never you never never dated any women Andrew that weren't they weren't like.
Speaker 5: No, they they they they're beautiful, I mean, look good on the outside. But if we can't get past that, Like I'm talking to you about something serious and you're like babe, you want some ice cream for dinner? Like it's it's so like that's not going be like.
Speaker 1: What flavor do you with a little strawbery?
Speaker 5: Mostly because I think relationships have to be partnerships.
Speaker 1: I think is my partner. I tell everybody that she's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful and brilliant, and I think that's the part, Like we're not talking about just the superficial connection. There has to be something there there, and I think that's the part. And what I'm concerned about, for especially these younger men, is yeah, that's that's fun and fine, But a lot of these women who focus just on aesthetic also expect to be taking care of There are whole songs about it. What are you buying me? Where are you taking me? Give me some money? Like all that stuff, like what happens when you get beyond that?
Speaker 1: What happens when you let me tell you what?
Speaker 2: What's she doing to that boy?
Speaker 4: She better hope Solange don't get a hold of it.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is you can run up on Solange knows if you want to. That's not a good bet. You should have found somebody else's child. But and then the thing that I don't like about it is. It wasn't that like Jules was recording this content. It was this woman recording this content. And I think it was for leverage over Solange and b And I really just don't I'm always I'm always gonna go to the worst possible scenario. That's what I saw for in life.
Speaker 2: Is Christy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I will say this. I will say this. She got married and she was fifteen, like she's been a rebel, like what she she was like a young teenager when she got married and pregnant, and so I think so much was she she got married, she has fifteen, she got she had she had old boy, Yes, she did good jewels, she had jewels, was you utene? And I think they were trying to marry Oh. I think they were trying to say she was married. In theory, they were.
Speaker 2: Trying to protect it.
Speaker 6: My point being seventeen okay, so okay, My point being is that she's been here before. That is her child, that spirit of I will try something different and be different.
Speaker 2: That's who she is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Friend, The quickest way to lose a child is to push him away. I will tell you that. To say, to say don't do this. As soon as she said don't date this girl or whatever, that's the quickest way for them to go out and double down.
Speaker 5: She also looks like a mother who like, lets you walk out on the legend probably off and then you know, correct.
Speaker 2: You and learn.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like she's protective of her loved ones.
Speaker 1: I just like the fact that they looked happy. Life is too short. That man looked happy. He was about he was about Yeah, he was about to put his churchhots on and have a ball.
Speaker 3: It's I think the girls now saying they broke up. So that's why I'm saying, I think that this was all the is to begin with. It was like a you know, to get to get your people talked to you. Minutes she got us talking, she got us and.
Speaker 4: Sixteen year old. That's not just too old here. I ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 6: But you know you can't date a six year old. But I will say this, I gotta go on mixtrien, I gotta go to But let me say, six ye oh, six zero. I wouldn't date a six zero five to five?
Speaker 4: Is you right?
Speaker 2: I'm right there?
Speaker 6: Six Zeero's hard to find out a healthy six zero. But I will say this, the way in which she was.
Speaker 2: He picked her.
Speaker 6: Up and she was on his back and he was filming. He was schalanting her. That's what she was getting into.
Speaker 4: She was schalanting him her.
Speaker 2: He was happy, did you get her?
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: He was excited.
Speaker 1: And also sometimes she was heavy because she was. Sometimes sometimes we gotta just mind business, be happy.
Speaker 4: You know what. Sometime that's true.
Speaker 2: But by the way, and on that, mind your business.
Speaker 4: Leave my guy children alone.
Speaker 1: He's gonna start dating your friends. By y'all, By y'all.
Speaker 3: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Resent Choice Media. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.