Speaker 1: Let's mock it up and talk to the pros. Welcome back everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. It is time for us to have a little fun, and that means bringing Mayo in the Worm. Yeah, it's right. Everybody loves Mayo in the Worm. It's everybody's favorite duo. Welsh loves them so much that he had to actually take a breath and now he's back again joining the show. But Mike Mayor Ryan Warmly, two of our good pals, are colleagues over a Fantasy Pros. You know them from all the work they do there on the site. As far as hosting shows, you know Ryan, and as far as arguing with me. You know Mike Mayor. He always gives a crap on a daily basis on leading off, which I encourage everybody to subscribe to our channel to watch a lot of daily fantasy baseball shows out there. We're one of the few and we're the best one. Just saying so, make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB and click that little bell to lickos ding for notifications. And if you missed any part of this, it's okay, you can go back and watch it all. When it's done. We had an amazing guest list today, Paul's or, Nick Pollock, Chris Meani, Frank stamfele Ino, Sarah's Craigmish. Oh my goodness, what an incredible group. Am I missing somebody? I forget somebody?
Speaker 2: I feel like there's somebody that's forgotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but and Welsh was here too.
Speaker 2: That all right. Occasionally when I'm not clicking buttons and leaving room.
Speaker 1: Yeah what's going on with that? Yeah? You done clicking buttons?
Speaker 2: I literally clicked over to one thing and somehow I turned into Twitter and I had to come back. But I love seeing these beautiful faces here. This Mike Mayor aka Ryan Mountcastle. Lots of mount Castle stuff, gonna be uh up on the updates for leading off this year. And I just personally love Ryan working. So I'm the worm, the Worm the Welsh. It's a it's a match made in heaven.
Speaker 1: Mayo the worm in the Welsh. Hey take it better than this, all right? So we have a mock draft we're gonna do here. It is a twelve team roto mock draft. I'm gonna start it right now. I have the one pick we have corner infielders we have three outfielders, we have two utilities. We're not doing bench today because Mike Mayor has more important things to do. Uh, you are drafting. I love this. You guys went five six seven. Mike Mayor is in the five spot, the Worm is at one o six and the Welsh where the Welsh could also work to you.
Speaker 2: Just want to say, worm in the Welsh is pretty good. If we're talking like all the names here, worm in the Welsh is pretty good.
Speaker 3: We've said this before. Worm goes with anything. There's no name. What doesn't pair well?
Speaker 2: Joe Joe, Yeah, Joey, but that sounds it sounds like a band, Joe and the Worm, everything.
Speaker 1: And the Worm. I'm sure it was one of the bands that competed in Scott Pilgrim, which is a great movie. By the way. Before we go after this too, I just want to again thank everybody for watching and going through everything here. It has been a phenomenal uh day here of talking baseball. I'm gonna go ahead and just pause this real quick because the draft is being a little wonky on me. I don't know if it automatically picked for me or not. Did it a little good talking? All right? So here we go. I'm gonna declare the show he Tani because last night was just the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to declare him to be one player here, and I'm going to take Joeyotani with my number one pick. I'm gonna do that because I can, because I'm running the show and I'm running the draft. I'm just gonna do it. But I do believe this. I mean, if you are in a league where he is one player, it doesn't matter what it is. There's nobody like Joeyo Tani. There's nobody's gonna give you this amount of productivity. Yes, it comes with risk because he is a pitcher. Something happens to the arm. You're missing the bat, you're missing the picture, You're mitching your number one overall pick. But I'm gonna go ahead and start with Joeyotani.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see who's joining us today. It's got the florininga socks. Floren just socks? Is that how you say it? Floren just socks? They go ahead and take Aaron Judge, mister Buster, friend of the show, drid Rack is joining us. Of course, we have Mayor Worm Welsh that Juggernaut at one o eight, that one fool at one oh nine. Of course, our good friend Wonky Penguin at one ten, who will probably win the draft as Oh ways, then we've got Jay Gucci, Hey, Jay Gucci twenty four and oh the Shawan back the Chalmer uh who had a pretty good draft last time, so back for more. Ronald Acuna goes three overall. So, Mike Mayer, you're sitting here in the five spot. Are you gonna go ahead and hope that Julio falls to you? Like a smart person? Would? I am?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I actually picked first off, I would say I picked my spot before the other two. Jabroni's went right after me. So I asked you where I should pick. You said, just try to space it out, So I did, and then they went right after me. So I picked five intentionally because I have kind of a clear top five.
Speaker 1: So well, Jose Ramirez just went So Julio is yours for the taking? To Julio one five, Worm one o six. What do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very happy to get Trey Turner boo, I without question not even need to think about it.
Speaker 4: Turners might pick here.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Turners and easy one Welsh one O seven. What do you got?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know this is kind of a consensus Kyle Tucker, that's what the experts say. There is just something about Mooki for me this year and the second base loved applications, something that I want to get in on. But I am gonna go Kyle Tucker here. Really tempted to go Mookie Betts, but I you know, seven is a decent spot. I don't think I've drafted seven to any of the mock drafts we've done, so Kyle Tucker fall into me. And the one Sodo injury I want to point out change this a little bit. That oblique injury has me concerned.
Speaker 4: MRI.
Speaker 2: We still haven't got the results and obliques don't heal quickly, so this could be an iel stint. Otherwise, I think Juan Soto would have been the consensus pick here. But just while we're doing it, I am not touching it.
Speaker 1: And Ryan, about a month ago, the first round seemed like an embarrassment of riches, and then we have the Alvarez hand issue, the side issue for Sodo. Things get a little bit more complicated in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, And I will point out. Also, like Mayor gave me a hard time for picking right behind him. I picked twelve the last time we did this at the turn, so I wanted to be more in the middle and kind of experience something else. And with all the injuries in the first round kind of getting maybe less deep than we thought it was going into draft season, it's nicer to be towards the middle now.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, I think there were three open spots when I picked, so I just picked the best one that I could find stuff just the point, I think that was about what was.
Speaker 1: Left ever the opportunist, the Welsh. All right, we have Mookie Betts going after Kyle Tucker to the Welsh and jan So to Bobby wit Junior from the Wonky Penguin.
Speaker 2: I am at one ten. I am shocked that Kelly went with Bobby with I seemed likely. That does not seem like a Kelly Kirby pick. Am. Maybe I'm completely off on it. It seems like something Kelly would rip us about going at ten.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what she does on the turn on the way back. Alvarez at one eleven, Vladdie at one twelve, which I just took vladd In on a turn on the league the other day too. It felt good, felt real good. I think I started with ladd and Austin Riley or something in that league. I mean that works for me. They're based another tough one too. So as we get to the second round here, Chomers got back to back pick. So Vlad is the first one, the second one, Machado not a bad start there, get those corners done, move on. I actually like that strategy quite a bit of the turn this year. Take care first and third, then you're good just outfield and pitching, and then you figured it out. Raffield evers at two o two, wonkye Penguin off for two oh three. Mayor you got a guest there, you work all day with Kelly. What do you think she's gonna do here?
Speaker 6: I don't have a guess.
Speaker 5: She's pretty smart, So I do agree that Bobby Whitt was kind of a surprising.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she's changing it up.
Speaker 2: I think I know what she's gonna do, because this is exactly what I've talked about with Bobby Witt. Freddy Freeman is ridiculously solid picker. That would be the most sense on the planet to pair exactly.
Speaker 1: And it's not because you said it. It might be in spite of.
Speaker 2: Clearly not you said it.
Speaker 3: I believe that's the exact pair I started with. The last mock draft we did was Wit and Free.
Speaker 2: I love that pairent. I love that pair. If you're gonna commit on Bobby Whitt, wh there's a little bit of risk. Freddy Freeman is like the ultimate floor with great upside. That's an insane start for Kelly. It's stupid. We shouldn't allow this.
Speaker 1: Fourth one Full is up next with five seconds on the clock, and the pick is Corbyn Burns. So the first to pitcher off the board is Corbyn Burns Juggernaut up at two o five pitching generally speaking, Worm, just get your your thoughts on this. Are you somebody that targets the pitching earlier you wait for that more fourth and fifth round grouping.
Speaker 3: I adore the depth in that sort of like third to seventh ish rounds this year. So I mean, if a value follows, I'm always gonna be open to it. But by and large, I am targeting hitters early because I just think there's so many possible, really good pitches you can get later.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna go up to the part where we're all picking, which is all that we all care about. Pete Alonzo goes at two o five. The Welsh is up here with thirteen seconds on the clock at two o six.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm dealing with position eligibility versus what I want to do. I can't. I can't pass up Trout. I'm not gonna pass up Trout here. I'm really upset because I wanted to do something completely different, but I just cannot pass up Trout. The only reason I'm pondering is because we're only doing three outfielders on this one. If this is a five outfielder, this is like, I don't even worry about it. But the positions are a little bit more squished, and I didn't think Trout was gonna be there, so this altered my plan a little bit. So I got two outfielders to start in a three outfielder, which is not ideal. But I won't be thinking about it for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Not too much hesitation. At two o seven, Paul Goldschmidt to Ryan Ryan, talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, you know there's stars at the top, maybe not as much death as previous years. I just want to get one of those guys that I really trust going to contributing a lot of categories.
Speaker 4: I love parent him with Trey Turner.
Speaker 2: Okay, Austin, That's what I was, That's what I wanted to do here, Mike, that's a great pick.
Speaker 1: Two oh eight Mike Mayer, Austin Riley, nice value here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the big thing there is third base, Like you guys have talked about it all day, Like the drop off at third base is unlike any other this year, Like there are other like thinner positions, but third base is like there's a cliff and if you don't get one early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a scary, scary place where people should never roam, should never go. Uh dry is it dry Lack? Am I seeing that correctly? Am I reading it.
Speaker 2: For another Pokemon? That sounds like another Pokemon?
Speaker 1: We had Muchen earlier and now we have dry Jack. Let's just go on, Let's go, uh Pikachu and go got to catch them all you have to. Uh, mister Buster is up next at the two to ten pick here. As I continue to think, do I take an ol on our here at third base because it's so bad? I know one guy I'm definitely hoping to take, but I'm not gonna say it out loud because I got two more picks, and I can say it now because he went it's Fernando Teptis Junior. Well, obviously Welsh knew that I'm gonna do that every single time you give me the chance. Second base also not a great position either. Garrett Cole goes off the board. So the draft wizard is telling me to take Sandy on Contra, which I actually kind of like that, to tell you the truth. That's a pretty easy selection there for me. So I'm gonna go ahead and take that because I've already got a hitter and a picture. Now I got another picture, so now I gotta look for another hitter. Lindor an interesting piece here, Spencer Streider. Those are all the guys out there. But I kind of think I am going to take that leap into third base because it is just bad, and I'm gonna go ahead and take Narrow and Arnaudo off the board. So Aeronauto goes to me. I'm gonna have to make up some stolen bases here soon, but we'll figure that out. Flooring socks, floring socks, what color socks are you wearing right now? Mayor? Just out of curiosity because you just had another kid, and typically speaking, you have no idea what you're doing or how you're getting dressed in the morning.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be my answer. I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Color socks, probably some kind of like black with color in them.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure are they even matching? Probably not.
Speaker 6: I actually never match socks on purpose.
Speaker 1: Oh you're one of these people. Why why is that? My oldest daughter does that, and I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: Feel like you might be like ENO's kid, Did you prefer Japan last night too?
Speaker 1: That story was amazing, by the way, Heno's kid trolling him for the last two weeks. He wrote it for Cuba, for Cuba over the United States. But Mayor, why the two color socks?
Speaker 5: Well, they're like I just have like a whole drawer of like somewhat similar socks, and I don't like bother like pairing them. So whatever I grab, I grab. So if they match that day, that's great, But if they don't, who cares?
Speaker 1: Ryan, I would feel off all day like that would bother me. Maybe it's the libra in me where I like harmony imbalance. But I can't have two different socks, like they have to be the same sock, the same thing. I would think about it all day. It would drive me crazy.
Speaker 4: Unless I'm leaving the house. I very rarely am wearing socks.
Speaker 3: I prefer the like two long sweatpants that you kind of cover up the feet with. So I'm just really not a socks guy in general. When I do wear them, they tend to match.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we'll get you your snuggie later. After Nolan Arnado goes Francisco Lindor than Justin Verlander to mister Buster, Pikachu took Simeon. Then Mike Mayer took Michael Harris, who was dubbed a potential bust. So you don't think so, Mayor, why are you so confident taking Michael Harris?
Speaker 5: I mean, the potential is there, but the upside is also there. And I also find myself this year like I'm trying to get like a lot of those like five category like contributors early, especially like guys at steel bases, even if they only steal like you know, five to ten bases, getting some of those early because who knows what kind of what's going to kind of happened with stolen bases this year. You know, a guy who normally steals like ten bases might steal a fifteen or twenty this year just because of all the rule changes. So I'm trying to get guys who run early this year.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, jass Chisholm to you worm at three h six. That kind of fits the bill, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: And also I feel a degree of safety starting off with Turner and gold Schmid, So I like going for the you know, high upside guy with the third round pick.
Speaker 4: And also second base eligibility.
Speaker 3: Clearly he's gonna have outfiel eligibility this year, so I like sort of the extra you know, positional flexibility there.
Speaker 2: I probably would have done the same thing because I had a very simp I have, you know, the Tucker Trout balance. That jazz chism was one thousand percent on my peripheral here because also you know, power speed combo, you can take on the risk. But just sniped right in front of me, and you know, I went Spencer Strider Joe thinking that this league wouldn't touch Jacob to Grom and there might even be the slightest chance he would come back. It didn't happen, but I get a little bit more floor. I'm going with my pitcher here because I've got two outfielders. We only have two sp spots too, are peace spots and then four starting picture spots if everybody wonders. But there's still some really good sps out there. So third round seems to very much be like where I start to dip my toes into the starting pictures. I don't do it in the first two rounds. But there's just great guys. There's a couple guys I really love to grom Strider and another player that hopefully doesn't get picked.
Speaker 1: You got to know, every time we draft with the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks, it's always going to be a tough draft every single time these folks are pared. Matt Olsen goes next to three oh nine than Aaron Nola at three ten, Randy Rose Arena at three twelve. As we look for the four turn worm. You were our first guests for our first mock, and this is our last mock after all. So how do you feel from one to the other. Do you feel more confident? I remember you coming off, You're like I barely looked at things. I don't know where I am Randy a Rosa wat and now how do you?
Speaker 4: Oh, maybe not quite that bad.
Speaker 3: But yeah, as I said back then, drafting in January, you're kind of throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. You're kind of still feeling things out, not only feeling out your own personal strategies and evaluations of players, but feeling out what typical draft rooms are going to be doing. You obviously have much more of a sense of that by the time we get to mid to late March season less than a week away or I guess just over a week away at this point. So I definitely feel a little bit better. Also, watched a lot of these guys in the World Baseball Classic. You know, we've done some drafts, our Fantasy Pro Salary Cap draft. You and I went head to head on that, Joe, So definitely feeling a lot stronger than I did in January.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, let's get to look at the names coming off the board here, Shane Bieber insures her. So back to back pitchers at the turn there for chums. Ozzie Albi's who I desperately was hoping but I knew would not make it back to me at four oh two. And of course the Wonky Penguin does this smart thing can take Sea m clann and four yep, of course, four to oh four, Corey Seeger four oh five College Warber. You know, I hope Wonky goes out there, and I hope she's in like a million NFBC leagues this year. I really do Welsh. You took Brandon Woodriff. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just the backup of backup plans. I wanted Seae McClanahan like nothing else, and then my backup was Corey Seeger. I was gonna one hundred percent jump on getting Corey Seger right now. I love his offensive ability. Uh first time under three hundred babbit and it was two forty two, no shift offensive numbers through the roof. I wanted him really, really bad, so I kind of came back to it and wanted to get My original plan is getting two aces. I just like Sean McClanahan. I think he can do the number one pitcher this year, but going with Strider and Woodruff, I actually probably provided myself with a little bit more safety. And this happened sometime, and like I saved myself because like I want to take Jacob de Grom, and then all would have gotten crazy had I not taken Spencer Strider. Spencer Strider safer than de Gram would you have probably even safer than Sean McClanahan at the end of the day. So I'm fine, but I'm not super happy. And me and Kelly are gonna.
Speaker 1: Feel like some friends. Fine, You're not really fine. You're making faheitas fine, right, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's kind of the Pokemon's up right now.
Speaker 1: Though Pokemon is up. But after Brendon Woodrow, Zach Wheeler to Ryan Warmly, this was I believe Frank Stamfeles had one of his most drafted players. So you drafted Zach Wheeler. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: I feel great, really reliable. He's my first pitcher off the board. Obviously I didn't go in that third round starting pitcher run. But he's a guy I'm really happy to get in the fourth and I think he could easily win more than the twelve games he got last year, just considering the Phillies lineup, even with Harper, you know out to start the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, after that, we've got Cedric Mullen's going to Mike Mayor certainly stolen bases there. We talked about the power drop off cut in half because obviously ballpark also second full season. What do you expect, Mayor for the third year of Cedric Mullins.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna hope that the Orioles don't continue to move like all of their fences back every year going forward. So that would be great, even though it doesn't really affect him as much. But my main concern heading into last year was that the year before was a fluke, and even though the power came down, he proved that it wasn't.
Speaker 6: And so now I'm comfortable.
Speaker 5: Just you know, I've just filled out my outfield with guys that are gonna run and also provide some power.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna go ahead and probably reach for a player here, I imagine pretty soon, just because I can. So I'm gonna go ahead and reach for Corbyn Carroll because I need stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Then your mouth, I knew that, you know what, it did.
Speaker 1: Not give me the reach alert?
Speaker 6: How about you love the reach alert? You're always looking forward.
Speaker 1: I love a good reach alert, you know, sometimes you got to play double to get the reach alert. It's crazy looking around to I mean, I can always go with bullpen. You know I'm gonna do something I never do Welsh, When have I ever done this? But you know what, it's a twelve team league. It's the fourth round. I take real Muto. How about that apples top player? I got the gun two tickets to the Gun Show, Baby, let's go. I even thought about taking two closers, and then I sobered up and decided that was a stupid thing to do. All right, let's continue on. So after we go through the players who just recently picked, we had Cedric Mullens to Mayor and Luis Robert, who I would have taken at four oh nine, George spring Or four ten, Dylan season four eleven that I took, Corman Carrol, and jac Real Muto. Julio Urius goes to Florin Sox's Mister Buster Friend of the show at five oh three is up next, So, Mayor, what are you hoping makes it back to you here in the fifth round?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what the exact name you want me to tell you? Who I'm looking at draft?
Speaker 1: So Christian Hobber just went so you could tell me whoever that might be. I mean, I'm sure they're watching. I don't know if we're on a ten second delay how that works.
Speaker 6: So I don't have a picture yet, which is, you know, not ideal. But you know, like I.
Speaker 4: Don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot of these drafts, and I like, this is where you start hammering the pitching. You got Bossman, You've got Alec Manoa, you, Darvis, Zach Gallons, a lot of good pictures out there.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna go in another direction. I know this might not be the best format to do it. I mean, I'm gonna take a picture, but I'm gonna take Class A.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, all right. So Alec Minoo, by the way, was not available when it came down to you. He went right before at three at five oh four, excuse me, five oh five, Class A worm five oh six. What do you got for us?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right around adp here on Bregman.
Speaker 3: I just want to get one of those high end third basement I didn't get one early. My infield is now completely set already, which which is great. I can really owne in on just outfield and picture. But you know, I want to get Bregman. I would have been happy if I got Gun or a couple you know.
Speaker 4: A little bit later.
Speaker 3: But really those were the last two third basement I was excited about, so I just wanted to get one of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there you have it. Uh, continuing on here with the picks. That means the Welsh is up next. No hesitation from the Welsh. I could have I could have told you what this pick was going to be. It's Josh Hater. Uh do you love your closers?
Speaker 4: Welsh?
Speaker 1: Wow, It's not that.
Speaker 2: I love my closers, it's I don't love the closing market. I don't believe me. Of course I could play in all save and hold leagues. Great, let's let's devalue all of them and do that. But we're not, and we've got less lockdown closers than it feels like even last year. And I'd rather be in the market. That's why, you know, Mayor taking Classe is just such a good pick, Like he doesn't go that late usually and you're getting the top closer off the market. I would have loved him, but Hater is in that group as well. I just don't like you can swim in the pool, but I don't want to swim in the pool. I don't want to swim with the Fairbanks and the jose La Clerks. If I have a choice, I want to at least have a top guy. And you got to pay for it. The NFBC drafts can to teach you some of these things. You're gonna have to pay for steels. You're gonna have to pay for saves. Maybe you don't have to do it in some of your own home leagues, but I'm going to do it here, and I'm going to try to win this projection game.
Speaker 1: Does your wife make your driver to the save and hold every weekend? Too?
Speaker 2: You always have to drink kids of the saving holds.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the saving hold is, but always Mayor Mayor always has the saving holds. He's there all the time. Now he's buying diapers at the saving hold. He's got two kids. Now, the whole thing is this crazy, It's just madness. The picks continue to fly off the board. Here after Josh Hater, we have Kevin Gossman going at five ohage or Romano at five oh nine. Here's your closer on Devin Williams at five to ten, Luis Castillo at five eleven, Zach Gallon at twelve. What a pitching staff there being built there by charms. I just want to point this out. Sure's er bieber Gallon? Uh? Mayor what do you think about that trio?
Speaker 6: I wish I would I had any pictures instead of the es.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked you, what do you think about that? Well, you could have taken Zach Gallen. I was kind of willing you to after Minoa was off the board, but you didn't want to do that. So what's the plan for pitching? When it comes back?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy? You're like, Okay, I've got I got a group here, because now you've got to establish somebody who could be an ace for you or potentially for your rotation. A whole lot of those guys left. There's a few names. Uh, it's taking a shot a guy like Carlos Rodon Are you willing to do that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I have a pretty firm no Yankees rule, so ah, that's for you.
Speaker 6: Wise, that's not just kidding.
Speaker 5: I do have like one home league where I like jokingly rarely have Yankees. But no, I mean the injury risk of there. I don't want to like anchor my staff to a guy like Rodan, especially like you know, like first year at Yankee Stadium. You know, I'm not sure. I'm like thrilled about that. So I'll probably dip further into this like larger tier.
Speaker 6: That we have here.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll see how he dips, because not only is Zach Gallon gone, but also you Darvish gon so Chom's just taking all the pictures now, just just he's just like Garry Galla got my Ford pictures. That's it. Max fried goes and fran Ravaldez.
Speaker 6: And Monkey took who I was going to take.
Speaker 1: Well, fran Ravaldez is a nice picture there, so it's a nice selection at all these Garcia Worm, What do you think about Garcia this year? Obviously a player of power and speed. Potentially the speed was a little surprising I think for some of us last year, but the rules make it easier steal bases in twenty twenty three. Do you think that number holds, grows or shrinks.
Speaker 4: I would guess I don't know for sure.
Speaker 3: Obviously I would guess it definitely grows, but that would be my answer for pretty much anybody just giving the rules like you alluded to, and you know, he's not somebody that I'm targeting in a lot of places. But I think there's definitely a case to be made, especially like you said, if you think those numbers even go higher. Those are really nice outing stats that aren't always easy to find.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, continuing on to Loya Menez, what I was hoping again would make it to me. He did not six O five Gunnar Henderson to the well shakes six let's go third base is rough? You got it.
Speaker 3: If I hadn't already taken Bregnant, I would have been fury.
Speaker 1: I know. But you know when that last draft I did with warm he tried to get all the Orioles. It was win Jedipal, like four Orioles on that team. Something like that.
Speaker 3: I got sniped a couple of times, I think on like Adlie and Gunner. I ended up with a couple of guys late like the Santine days of the World, but but not the stars worm.
Speaker 2: This is what I was going to do. I was sitting long and hard to get maybe the top two closers and have like probably the two best closers that you can have in this group, I was gonna take Ryan Presley, but I still like a few guys and I decided to pivot off of it. And that's why I went with Gunner Henderson because third base is such trash. But I love your Presley pick because I was like two seconds away from just clicking his name and not thinking about anybody else.
Speaker 3: I almost never invest heavily enclosers, but I like to get at least one, like you were talking about in the last round, Like I don't want to have to be played in those waters for both of those guys.
Speaker 1: Exactly understandably. So all right, Ryan Presley gone, Dalton Varshow to Mayor. Mayor, you're deciding that you just hate all pitching, right, so you're going zero sp Is that the Yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe I just maybe I've just been playing in too many two catcher leagues lately, you know, this early in the draft season. So I just saw Varshow there and I was like, you know what, who cares? Who needs pitchers? Let's just fill fill this out?
Speaker 1: Who kids, I'll just go get it later. Uh at Glacias and Will Smith go off the board next at six o nine. Excuse me? Right after varshow was Rodin, then Will Smith and Iglesias. Now it's to me, I'm gonna go ahead and just pound on the outfield a little bit here. Let's go take ti Oscar Hernandez. Uh, and then we're gonna go ahead and take Starling Marte also. So I'm just gonna go continue to just that. That's it. I'm done, done with the outfield. I got Corbyn, Carroll, I've got to askar Hernandez, I got who else? I just take Starling Marte. So there you go, taking the advantages there where I can get them. I'm drowning the pool. At the same time, top players on the board O'Neil Cruz at seven oh two goes to f Orange Socks. Mister Buster at seven oh three is next. Mike Mayer is up in two picks. So, Mayor, is this the breaking point where you finally take a starting pitcher? And uh, what's it going to be like for you when Carlos Carrasco is your ace.
Speaker 5: Carlos Carasco will not be my ace because I would just quit and leave this.
Speaker 1: There's one ace on the board at Joe Musgrove. To me, is still an ace, like if you pull off Joe Musgrove here, then you're the You're the mac Daddy. As the kid said in the nineties, I believe you.
Speaker 6: Gotta be honest. The pick is not gonna be Joe Musgrove.
Speaker 1: Oh, not gonna be Joe musk Grove Wels, Who would you? Who's your fallback ace? Well? Shore do you have?
Speaker 2: I mean of aces that are still available? I mean I kind of wanted you to shut the hell up about Musgrove a little bit, like just shut your mouth. But like at seventy six, it's a little tough because he is going to miss a starter too. But I think we are missing a lot of aces. But mayor you ended it with Tristan McKenzie, who you know that is a little bit higher. And I think a lot of people are down, but you are not. My friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why uh, desperation, Why desperation be the first one?
Speaker 1: This is always my favorite part of this fantasy fest because it's been like four plus hours now, and Chris, who are a Steam producers, done a phenomenal job of running the show. He knows. Once I cross over the fourth hour, the filter is just completely gone, and I just that's it. I start to get really salty and goofy and.
Speaker 2: You know this is the y range.
Speaker 1: This is the Yeah, this is where we're at. Robbie Ray went right before you. Would you have taken Ray over McKenzie or no, mayor.
Speaker 6: I would have taken Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so Ray would have been the pick. Brian Reynolds goes to Worm Welsh must Grove is still on the board.
Speaker 2: You pull the trigger, buddy, ah man, no man, oh man, I gotta get this guy. I want my stole second. I got him.
Speaker 1: I got him.
Speaker 2: I love Andris so much and I hate not getting him. I think his stolen base totals are going to go up. The bat X actually gave him one of the biggest boosts of any player. He's up to like thirty five, I think, no, maybe it's twenty eight. It was like from twenty one to like twenty eight stolen bases on the year. I love Andriss. I get to slot a minute second base here and I just needed to lock that up.
Speaker 6: That's who I want it. But I just needed a picture so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I almost thought about taking him, but then I was like, oh, I'm gonna take all the outfielders.
Speaker 2: And just be and then Tommy Edmund. Right at Joe Musgrove and Tommy Edmond, which were the other two guys on the list just right after him.
Speaker 4: Bang.
Speaker 1: I thought about him Andez and Edmund and just finishing off the middle infield as opposed to finishing off the outfield. But I have more concerns with the outfield than anything else. Brian Reynolds, by the way, was the outfielder that the worm took here Ryan twenty seven home runs last year for Brian Reynolds a two sixty two batting average. Good chance he gets dealt somewhere else. If he does. Is that a big piece of the puzzle of why people should be looking at Brian Reynolds this year, because he could end up on a contending team in the second half that could really help his stats down the stretch or playoff run stats.
Speaker 4: I think for sure. I mean, we know that he's a good player.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any outfielders yet, so I, you know, really felt like, how could you I took them all somebody?
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: But then also, of course, you know, the ceiling just goes up even higher if he gets traded to a guy where can get even more counting stats, so I think that's definitely part of the equation. Maybe he's not guy I'm gonna reach on, but when I have a strong infield, I've already gotten a start and reliever.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to get him as one of my outfield pieces.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's recap the draft here after him and as to Welsh at seven o seven, then we had at seven o eight Joe Musgrove to Juggernaut. That one fool. Then at seven oh nine to Tommy Edmond Willia Domas at seven to ten, Ryan Helsley at seven eleven, ADLEYE. Rutchman at seven to twelve. Somebody check on Worm, Okay, Ryan.
Speaker 4: It was it was a lock.
Speaker 3: I was gonna take him with my next pick, so it was smart that they took him there.
Speaker 1: You gotta take him early there, all right. Reyese Hoskins goes next. Then Sal Perez little mini catcher run here, Tim Anderson Milwaukee Penguin out of Mike Cuan onto her team. A great value at eight o four for Jose Abreu to that one full first bases rough that's a good value. If he bounces back into that thirty home run range. Juggernaut selects Byron Bucks did right from underneath the Welsh. Oh, that one's gotta hurt.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna take him.
Speaker 1: I was gonna see even though he was a full time DH now and I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm all about Bucks and I probably would have tried to get him last round. It's always hard to tell, Like you guys all hate him, so it's like maybe I can actually.
Speaker 3: Had I actually had him at the top of my queue for this next pick. On Adley went Buckson was going to be my.
Speaker 1: Pick because he's a DH right Ryan, I mean, at this point, that's what I wanted, Like you, dhrim takes a fair amount of that risk away.
Speaker 2: I think it takes a ton of the risk away. But the shortstop market is getting really bad. I wanted Wander, I wanted on, you know, Cruz. They went before Xander Bogarts really fell. I know the number is kind of tapered down, but guess what, He's just going to be hitting between monsters all across the board. Run totals should look good. I think the Homers are kick back up to get him. At ninety. Xander Bogarts is like a great deal at this point, but I was honed into Jose Brady right there, So that was a little snipe for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Byron Buxton. Then Xander Bogart's for Welsh Batista goes to the Worm and Mayor takes Nathan Lowe Felix Batista. So let's talk about Batista going to you, Ryan and at eight o seven your.
Speaker 3: Thoughts, Yeah, well after Adleye when I had to get in an oriole and also I'm not really worried about about the injury. The way he's talking, they seem pretty unconcerned about it.
Speaker 4: He was really really good last year.
Speaker 3: I think the Orioles are primed to win more games this year than they did last year. He is the primary closer, assuming health. He's not going to be supplanted from that role, so I think he has a lot of opportunity for save this year.
Speaker 4: He's going to strike out guys. I love him as a second closer.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about low Mike Maheror. Your thoughts eight o way. Can you repeat the twenty seven home run breakout season?
Speaker 6: Probably not, but first base of Mike.
Speaker 1: Mayor there is It's never a positive. It's just always like no, it's like the Debbie Downer effect.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 5: Looking at projections and you have to be conservative. So I look at like the conservative side of projections and just kind of, you know, try to build my team around that way. But like Welster was saying, I wanted actually Tim Anderson, but he didn't make it. And then you know short stops getting pretty ugly.
Speaker 1: Didn't make it or he just didn't get to you, like I don't want to not make it. That sounds really it's no longer with us. Jeez, that was morose. Alright, we have Carlos Korea going, then Camillo Divaul at a ten, Vinie pas Quentino at eight eleven. I need more pictures, so I'm just gonna start taking pictures. I like, let's start with Lance Lynn and then let's say go Lucas Giolito. I don't care about the reach alerts. I really don't care. So there you go. So al Contra, Otani, Lynn, and Giolito. That's the pitching staff for JOEP right now. Florence Socks nine O two is up next. Welsh, if I told you you could have Otani the picture slash hitter, al Contra and then the two guys from the White Sox. You going to war with that pitching.
Speaker 2: Staff, gonna go to war with that stuff. I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to go on both of them. But the problem is is I like both of them. That's like, you don't want to go with both buybacks. But I like Giulito, I like Lynn, and they're you're three four you.
Speaker 1: Miss fourteen starts last year at the end last fourteen starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's still I think he's still a vibe. I mean he's a buyback because he's not going in the fifties or sixties. He's he's adp is and like the one elevens and whatnot. So the other thing I would point out to like what you're building is as long as this is a daily league. If this is a daily moves league, I like what you've done. If you're in a weekly moves league, you're a little bits with Otani because you're gonna have to weekly pick is he a hit or a pitcher? So that's why he's not like the consensus number one in some.
Speaker 1: Aspect that it's a daily transaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I figured we were pretending it was.
Speaker 1: Whatever is better for me. That's what I want to pretend.
Speaker 2: I figured that.
Speaker 1: I think I've established that Logan Web goes to Florence Socks, then Christian Walker to mister Busser at nine oh three. Uh, Dreijack takes Kelly Jansen at nine oh four, then Dansby Swanson at nine oh five. Mike Mayer continuing the thumb is nose at pitching. Let's talk about Dansby Swanson, your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Same thing I've been talking about the whole time. You know, speed power combo and you know, wanted to short step last time around Shorts. That's getting pretty thin. I still really need a second basement. That position is even uglier, you know, potentially even uglier than my pitching staff is going to be. So still instead of trying to, like, you know, reach a little bit further down to a pitcher I don't like as much.
Speaker 6: I just want to. I wanted to grab Swanson while he was there.
Speaker 1: Is the draft wizard starting to send you like rude messages about pitching yet, like, hey, Mike, you might want to.
Speaker 2: Should put that in there, be like hey buddy, you okay.
Speaker 1: Hey buddy, you can everything all right?
Speaker 2: You good?
Speaker 1: The hey buddy message would be nice.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, you up like a little piece of I think.
Speaker 1: Ryan, you have a good voice for the you did radio for a long time. Could you do the hey buddy check in voice for us real quick?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey buddy, you are right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good. See, I knew it. That's all you know. Directing is ninety percent casting at the end of the day. That's all right. So Worm, you took Christian Yelich. So what sort of insurance policy are you're taking out with that?
Speaker 3: A very expensive one, I'm sure. I like Yellish this year. The rules help him, not only in that I think he could run more this year, even as he's getting older, but also like our big complaint with him is that he hits the ball in the ground so much. But with the shift rules, like maybe so a few more, there's become bas hits.
Speaker 4: So he's not a.
Speaker 3: Guy that I'm like actively going on my way to target. But again, I really need outfield help here at this point in the draft, and I think there is some upside there with the rules changes.
Speaker 1: All right, Welsh, to no surprise, you took Blake snow Oh man, I love the Welsh. I'm so happy that's what Blake Snell said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure he loves it every time I do it around spores or is like, I'm gonna tell him because their buddies, their twitch budgers, and I'm like, oh, go ahead, how you know, let's.
Speaker 1: They share mustache waxed together the tap.
Speaker 2: I can't help if he talks like that, and I have to like impersonate it every single time. But I also think he's a phenomenal pitcher. We talked about it earlier in this show that you know, incredible second half getting him as my sp three. This is kind of what I wanted. This is exactly what I want, and I got him outside the top one hundred, so it's a pretty pretty good spot. I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: Juggernaut takes a leap of faith at nine oh eight with Glass Now then George Kirby at nine oh nine, Stephen Kwan to the Wonky Penguin. She doesn't care all the bad news that Welsh says about Stephen quanh She ain't hearing it. A Jose Altuve at nine to eleven, So that's the big question, Welsh when to al Tuove, is this the right time? At nine to eleven feels like it.
Speaker 2: I think, I think this is the range that I've targeted. One hundred to one fifteen is the range the key, and it's not gonna help projections, but like who cares is who is this? Jay? Gucci is gonna need to make sure that they get another second basement to back up, and like I personally like to tell Marte, I think getting Katel Marte later and slotting him back in this is the range though, and they jumped right on it. So yeah, I'm good with it. I'm game.
Speaker 1: Uh worm, What do you think about al two Vay's value? Is this about the range where you missed two months? About ninth round, tenth round? About where you're ready to take him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually was considering him with the pick and with the idea being that I could move Jazz to outfield.
Speaker 1: I yeah, you were in a good position to actually pull that off.
Speaker 3: I was between Yelich and I went with him because, like I said, the rules changes. I was between Yelich, snell And and al Twove, so those guys all went right after. But I think it's a really fair round for him, just knowing what you're gonna get once he's back healthy.
Speaker 1: Chalmers continues to uh just obliterate pitching Gilbert and Severino, next Andrew Vaughan, then Santander, Chris Bryant at ten oh four, then Taylor Ward at ten o five. Right before the Welsh.
Speaker 2: Well, Chris Bryant was I was one thousand percent taking Chris Bryant, so that one kind of stunned.
Speaker 1: He's the enigma. Nobody knows what to make of him.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna do. I'm gonna go with big power to make up for some of the speed. I might go with Geon Carlos Stanton surprisingly just to fill this out, because if you guys pay attention, like I got boguards for batting average, but power might be suss Andre Simenez maybe same thing Gunner. Maybe getting Stanton to go with Trout and Tucker is just gonna fill back out my power. But I really wanted Chris Bryant there.
Speaker 1: Does Bogman still take Jan Carlos Stanton, No, I don't think he does.
Speaker 2: I think he's over the the John Carlos Stanton stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the one year was there where it was like with him, all right, look flames Row or Hunter Green goes to Ryan Warmly in the next pick of ten o seven. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a big time upside play. Obviously.
Speaker 3: I know quite a few people who are talking about him as you know, a potential like nice dark horse bet for and nol say Young puts it all together, takes that next step in his development. I have Zach Wheeler as my only other picture right now. There's a degree of safety there that I really like. So I'm willing to take sort of the big swing on my second picture. And I didn't really love some of the guys that were ranked ahead of him, so I'm happy to do a little bit of a reach on him there.
Speaker 1: Mayor, speaking of reaches, nest Cortez at ten, Oh wait, how do you feel about that over Clayton Kershaw? He took Nester Cortez over Clayton Kershaw. Let's let's die.
Speaker 6: Get out of Clayton Kersha seven or eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right now, yet every get the Dodgers of a ninety six and a half win total. Explain that to me, folks, somebody explained that to me, Mayor, So why Cortes over Kershaw? Just starts? That's it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much? You know I need someone I can rely on. I think Yankees are gonna win a lot of games. You know, like you said, who kind of knows what's gonna happen with the Dodgers. Who knows what's gonna happen with Kershaw? You know there's the potential. He just like shuts it down. H shut it a point in my pitching staff to really kind of gamble on someone.
Speaker 1: Like KSh understandably, So I'm gonna take a gamble here on a med Rosario and Brandon Lau. I know it's giving me a reach alerts. I really don't care because I need middle infield. So I've solidified that. I actually feel pretty good about it. I tell you the truth. After you took your dude, I mean, if Glabor Torris amand me, I would have taken him after Kershaw, Labor Torres went, then Wilson Contreras. I took Rasario at the ten twelve end. At eleven oh one, I took Brandon Loud, then Clay Holmes at eleven o two, Matt Chapman eleven o three. Pokemon's up next at eleven o four. Let's see who they select. Mike Mayer gonna keep pounded on the pitching here.
Speaker 6: I might, yeah, but I might.
Speaker 5: I might get one of your patented reach alerts with the guy that I'm I'm thinking about taking it.
Speaker 1: Well, Joe Ryan's on the board. I like him as a starting pitcher there, Redebt Mers is interesting, Lodolo, Freddy peralta old man, Charlie Morton. Uh no, it is.
Speaker 2: The Welsh special. It's just such a.
Speaker 1: Springs such we have.
Speaker 2: A pleet button.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 2: We don't personality to do that.
Speaker 1: And the worm took Joe Ryan right after, so I would have taken Ryan still too. What would you have taken? Springs is even in too you Ryan or no?
Speaker 4: No, no.
Speaker 3: I was eyeing r And for those last few picks, and I was a little annoyed that you said him.
Speaker 4: Not that you would be if it's.
Speaker 1: I love it, like everyone's annoyed that I'm doing my job discussing the like literally, that's what my job.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to take someone, have Joe tell me to take.
Speaker 2: That exactly control Joe.
Speaker 3: Not like Joe Ryan, though he shares both of our names. Joe, I mean, he's no brain.
Speaker 1: He is he is our child of love and forever show. He remained well, she took Chris Sale, So talk about buybacks. Your thoughts on Chris Sale twenty twenty three with a Boston Red Sox team that's gonna make Mike Mayor cry a lot this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just think I've got I've got some good safety. I've got my one closer with big strikeout numbers. I got Strider, Woodruff and Snell. I can take a little shot. We talked about it. I think we talked about this earlier too, like who's the picture that had the Who the hell are we talking with? Is it Pollock? That was like, who's the picture that has it up the top twenty Chris Sale is one of those guys with the big strike cut numbers. He just got to stay healthy. So I wanted Springs that would have been one of the guys or someone else in there that I was taking a look at. I don't even think I was necessarily sold on what I was doing here. But Spring's going to stinks. But Chris Sale was kind of the next off the board because I wanted to I want to have four strong sps, and I think Sale at four kind of works for.
Speaker 1: That Max months he Goes at eleven Oway, then Nick Lodolo eleven oh nine. Now Walky Penguin took McCarthy at eleven ten, and Jake McCarthy is somebody I had to take because I was short on outfield last night in a real draft, And now that she took him, I feel better about taking because you were you were a negative Nancy about Jake McCarthy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it'll help the projections, it'll help Wonky win. It's not going to help her win a real league. It's going to help her win the projections. Jake, no girl, no Jake McCarthy for me.
Speaker 1: Jordan Walker eleven eleven Welsh is just the right time for Jordan Walker. I'll ask you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, if you're getting into your risk reward territory, Jordan Walker. If they announced tomorrow that he's got the gig inside the top one hundred, easy, this is a value. If you paid one thirty and you have to eat it for a couple of weeks, it's not great, But I'm with this. I'm definitely with this range.
Speaker 1: You're down, You're cool, you I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I Ca'm hip with it all right.
Speaker 1: Ian Happ at eleven twelve, and Josh Bell at twelve oh one, Charlie Morton at twelve oh two. Lars newtbar now she's now it's personal. See you said what she said and then she knew barred you.
Speaker 2: I know she did.
Speaker 1: She told you a lesson.
Speaker 2: There's great outfielders. I've been staring at Lars Nubar for a little bit. But there's a couple of really good values out there. What can I do? What can I do? When the Fantasy pros cruise here? Mayor and Wonkee just both breaking my heart? I just have to pick. And that's what we're.
Speaker 1: Getting it from both ends there. The juggernaut is on deck. Welsh, So twelve oh six, what do you have your eye on here? What do you hope it makes it to you?
Speaker 2: Nothing concrete that I want to be careful about what I say to you guys, because you guys are rats of all that of rats that I want to be careful about. Here. I see a couple good value. I'm going to jump on this. This is one that like in the one thirty area. I think this is just a solid by. I'm gonna go to Castianos on the buy back. I don't have a bunch of shares, but one thirty seven seems like a crazy good deal. Three outfielders will want to optimize it with a util This is kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 1: Love that pick there, excellent pick. He was my next guy at the top of my queue as well. It's great.
Speaker 3: See I'm getting typed up both sides from Mayor and Wells. It's a terrible place to be picking. I'm gonna go with with Freddy Peralta. Obviously you get another guy with health scarees on my team, but just obviously super talented went when he's on the mound.
Speaker 4: So again, kind of going for the upside play there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Mike Mayer on the clock before excuse me after a nud bar, should say David Bedner and then Anthony rendon't Ren don't have a really good spring? Well should anyone care.
Speaker 2: Not to take him inside the top one fifty? We shouldn't, But yeah, I had a nice spring. I mean, listen, at the end of the day, on this team, if this team is gonna win, he's gonna be a catalyst to it. He's always been a high batting average guy. You're going to be hitting in some capacity around guys like Taylor Ward and Otani and Trout. If all things worked out, it's great. It's just you want to get your guys. But you could have gotten Anthony Rindo in like fifty picks later. I think that's pretty safe to say.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I just don't like where it was gone, but the bounce back, for sure, I wouldn't count him out.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's see Jordan Montgomery is the Actually I should get to Ryan's pick Freddy Peralta at twelve oh seven. Then Jordan Montgomery, Ryan, let's talk about Freddy Peralta. That's a great selection there in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like I said, I mean, just like I have this team full of injury guys. But you know, if he stays healthy, a ton of upside. I think at this point in the draft, when you're middle of round twelve, pick one, thirty something whatever I was, that's the type of upside player that I love, that could if he stays healthy, turned out to be a league winner.
Speaker 1: Then Jordan Montgomery to Mike Mayer. Nice solid starting pitcher there, mayor your thoughts.
Speaker 5: My thoughts was Ryan was talking about us sniping him, and then he took Freddy Pralta, so I had to scramble.
Speaker 1: Yashida goes next, then Pablo Lopez, then Bryce Harper before me, and then I took you and Doran and Andres Munos. Those are my two relievers. So yeah, I'm good. I'm fine. That's my plan and sticking to it. I'll take one of them. If I get both of them, it's the perfect time because if they both close, I've got two. What what would you say, Welsh If they both close for seventy five percent of the year, where do they finish at RP?
Speaker 2: I think they're both top ten. I mean that's like I wanted Munho's coming back, so you one hundred percent sniped me there, one hundred percent wanted him. I think Monias is a top five closer if he has the job all year, and I think Durand is in that same general vicinity. So I think it's great. It's just speculation. It's not gonna like projections are going to jump through the roof for you or anything like that. But I love the picks, and I wanted munhos Ba.
Speaker 1: I know the projections are not gonna like this team. I love this team that I'm drafting here I will I will go fight with this team on the battlefield that is Fantasy Baseball. Rowdy Tillz at thirteen oh two, Tyler O'Neil thirteen oh three, then Rizzo going, followed by Mike Mayers selecting Nico Horner. So little Nico Horner sat in a corner and went over to Mike Merrier's team. Let's hear your thoughts on Nico.
Speaker 5: So the real reason here is because he's going to be my second basement because he's going to get a second base eligibility and second base is really kind of thin. So he's been kind of my cheat code at you know, if I don't get a second basement earlier in a draft, I usually I've been kind of grabbing him here just to try to fill that position.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, all right, next to Hunter Renferro to Ryan Warmly, I'll field is tough to find. You found one. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: I really needed power and he's got a lot of it, and that it's basically as simple as that. I do think it's a fairly decent value at this point in the draft, and you can get him here in most leagues.
Speaker 4: There's some upside there, but it's purely a power play.
Speaker 1: Purely the power play. Welsh CJ. Crohn injured, can't hit outside Colorado?
Speaker 2: Why a big power he hits in Colorado, And my first basement, We're gone. Rowdy Teles is who I wanted. That did not work out for me. So I'm just playing a big power projection side for a team that's going to manufacture runs. I want to point out also that earlier or at the back end of the twelfth round, I was one hundred percent sitting on taking Bryce Harper. I was gonna take Bryce Harper. Fill that out just because of the shorter you know, the shorter of overall starting roster size and twelve man. So I thought that was a great pick, and I've just kind of had to pivot all the way through. But I wanted Rowdy te Les and he went, you know, five or six picks before. So a little bit bummed about that.
Speaker 1: Ryan. It sounds to me like somebody's got a case of the I would is, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, not to just agree with Welsh, but Harper was somebody that I was thinking about too in that range, and again, you know, in a league like this, Yeah, as long as you can make it to the point that he returns, you're adding a stud part way through the season. I kind of love that strategy if you trust yourself to kind of find a depth to get you through and sell.
Speaker 1: Then Welsh fun question from Sean here, what do you guys think of getting Munyos and Seawald. I'm just going for Munhos. If Seawoll falls in my lap late as insurance, I'm fine, I'll take him too. But what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: I don't like. Here's what I like better much.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do it. I guess I like.
Speaker 2: Taking Duran and Jorge Lopez because it's cheaper like Seawald than munios are just a big more expensive. Or you know, if I were to take Barlow Scott Barlow, I would have to get a world as Chapman later like I would make those I don't like making. That's very like remember our old RB strategies where we're handcuffing. I don't like to handcuff anything, so I would not be handcuffing two closers inside the top one fish.
Speaker 1: It can make so many jokes here, but I'm not going to. But just know that.
Speaker 2: Jake, the j Gucci guy is just such a process of ours in Cracker Jacks.
Speaker 1: Let's continue on here. We had the draft flying right now, says Azuki than Jeremy Panne at thirteen o nine, Willem Contraras at thirteen ten. One of my favorite Slawakye Peng when read debt Meurs touch the gouch at thirteen eleven, then thirteen twelve. Turn you have Jeff McNeil and Jonathan India. So lots of second basement there for choms. Ryan Mountcastle at fourteen oh two, Laser's Lozardo, who I was contemplating as well when I just took my last pick. Walkee Peng went at fourteen oh three, alanro Kirk fourteen oh four, Robertson at fourteen oh five, and Alexis Diaz to the well, she got a closer. How do you feel?
Speaker 2: Well, it was one hundred percent taking Ryan Mountcastle. You're like, oh, what to j Crown because I thought Wormley was away from me and I could get Mountcastle coming back.
Speaker 1: And I got greedy and you got caught with your hand in the cookie cher.
Speaker 2: I guess, I mean, maybe Cron would have kept falling. But my backup plan was Alexis Diaz. I wanted to get I want decent closers, and I think he's a lockdown closure. I also think he is one hundred percent an opportunitist to be traded, and if he gets traded somewhere, he will continue closing. This wouldn't be like you know, Melanson getting traded and being a seventh inning or not on the roster type of guy. Diaz will close somewhere. But yeah, Mountcastle was the pick back there worm.
Speaker 1: It takes Chris Bassett, solid starting pitcher Bassett, right.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Yeah, well, you guys, I had at the top of my queue where Mount Castle Lozardo and Diaz, so that half round really hurt me. I kind of panicked, But it's not really a panic to end up with Bassett because he is a good picture. I think there's a lot of opportunities for wins coming over to the J's. And I will say, the whole reason that I picked picking right before Mayor was so I could eventually snipe him on Mount Castle, and it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: So that's very disappointing to me.
Speaker 1: I'm sad. I'm sad for everyone that that didn't happen. I'm also sad for Mike Mayor, who drafted Dustin May, because you want to talk about so your argument Mkershaw as it starts, and then you took Dustin May, explain.
Speaker 5: Yourself well several rounds later. And also, you know Ryan didn't snape me on Ryan Mountcastle. But I had just talked myself into taking Chris Bassett when you know you excellent turned over and I had to take Dustin May.
Speaker 1: My team name is going to be Riachelert in this draft, and I don't care. I just took Ezekiel Tovar at fourteen twelve and then fifteen oh one Jose Miranda, so I've got my middle infield and corner infield solidified. In between those, pick Sean Murphy at fourteen oh nine, fourteen ten, Rasmussen at ty France. Then my two picks Peter Fairbanks, mister buster on the clock. So Mayor, what are you going for next? I don't like I, you know, all joking aside, we're looking at the pitching staff. Are you're still hitting the pitching where you're still looking just her best player on the board.
Speaker 5: I've probably gotten a little bit too heavy to overcommentate with pitching now. So I need to get back to filling out my lineup, especially you know, I still don't have a real starting second basement.
Speaker 6: I late to start the season. So I'm going to take Estrata here.
Speaker 5: Get the eligibility that he provides, plus is going to beat at the top of that lineup, and at least you have him as an.
Speaker 6: Option kind of all over the board, especially if it's the Daily League.
Speaker 1: Garcia Boem, Estrada worm, You're up next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go Melendez here. Like I said, I definitely need power. I didn't have a catcher yet. I like that he plays other positions.
Speaker 3: If I'm not getting Adleie, Melendez is a guy I'm targeting late in a lot of my drafts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a good signs right in front of me. I mean that he was just he shouldn't have been falling where he was. That was pretty stupid. If we're being honest, and that's such a good, ridiculous value, I'm gonna pivot off. I'm gonna go with another starting pitcher. We talked about upside before. I'm gonna go Grayson Rodriguez and hopefully Ryan's upset now and then I thought, I thought.
Speaker 4: I could wait an another round on him.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he's gonna get the innings I want, but when he pitches, I just he's so fun to watch, He's so good.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great pick.
Speaker 4: This lake.
Speaker 1: The quality over the quantity juggernaut is four is fifteen oh eight right now on the clock. So let's take a look at the rosters and see how they're shaping up here kind of going through, Let's talk about Ryan's roster, Melendez, gold Schmid, Chisholm. Then you've got Trey Turner, so a lot of stole base potential between those two guys, Alex Bregman, Bryan Reynolds, Yelich, renfro Then, Zach Wheeler, Hunter Green, Presley, Batista, Paralta, Joe Ryan and Bassett. How do you feel? What does this feel like grade wise that the draft wizards.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, it feels like an A plus plus if that's even an option. But more realistically, it's a team where I like a lot of the players. I'm not sure if I love how they all fit together. It's more of I'm drafting players I like unless here's how I'm sort of filling out the different categories you need to fill out. But I really like all those players, and I don't feel like I've had any major reaches unlike you, Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I love them play. I'll take Tavar every day of the week. You'll let me Welsh. You've got CJ. Cron, Jimenez, Boguarts, Gunner, Henderson, Kyle Tucker, Mike Trout, casting Oo, Stanton, Spencer, Strider, Woodruff, Hater, Diaz, Snell, Sale, Graceon, Rodriguez. How do you feel.
Speaker 2: I love my pitching staff. I probably need to get an innings eater to compliment maybe a few guys that are questionable in there. My hitting is pretty good. Categorically, it doesn't love what I'm doing right now with stolen bases and runs are a little bit low, but I think I'm near the highest on like RBI and home run totals. Stanton helped that. I think there's a pretty good balance here. There's a couple of things I would have rather, you know, gone a different way, but I got some of my guys, like andre Ja Meenez. I did want Castianos in here, So I don't know. This is probably like a B plus team at best. I don't know how well I'm going to project.
Speaker 1: Mike Mayor, Dalton VARs Show, Nathaniel Lowe, Estrada Swanson, Riley Horner, Julio Rodriguez, Michael Harris, Cedric Mullins, Tristan McKenzie, Nester Cortez, Classe, Springs, May and Montgomery. Your feelings and thoughts.
Speaker 5: I don't think I hit enough power like earlier on, and I think one of the mistakes I made early was I filled up. I really liked the three outfielders, but I kind of took three pretty similar players when I could have probably pivoted to either a better pitcher or filling out my middle infield before it kind of evaporated.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, all right, Remember if you're watching the show listening to the show here, go over to the YouTube channel, leave a comment below, even if you're watching it back, because somebody's gonna win a premium upgrade to Fantasy Pros for one year. Just one. That's it. You get one for a year, So make sure you drop a comment below. Make sure you subscribe to Fancy ros MLB. Let's run through some more of the picks. So after Rodriguez went to Welsh fifteen o seven, then Hori Polonko Wit Merryfield cattel Marte some really interesting pieces here, Alex Vverdugo fifteen to eleven, then Jady Martinez, oh Mad Chalmers again, Joey Manessa's Cronenworth Seawald Singer at sixteen oh four than sixteen oh five, Stevenson Brandon Nimo to the Welsh out of my cue. Nice work, Welsh. I had him all ready to go.
Speaker 2: Needed average, needed runs. That helps. He's falling just due to the kind of wonkiness of the injuries and stuff like that. And it's an okay pick. I have enough power that I think I could balance it, and I'm gonna try to pull a couple rabbits out of my hat here in the next couple of rounds.
Speaker 1: If I can't, I look forward to seeing that. That looks fun. After Nimo goes, Johanno Suarez to the Worm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another strict power play, and I'm sorry to feel much better about my power than I did before the last couple of rounds. But that's another one where I just want power not easy to find late, so I wanted to get him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and take Andrew Heeney and see if that works, which I probably won't, but whatever, that's just the world we live in. Looking at my roster right now. In terms of needs, I still need a corner guy for God to even have a first basement. So that's where that ended up. Nailers around, Vargas is around. I think we just go ahead and take nail Or. That's an Aerial Cohen favorite one. So they'll shout out to my boy Ariel and look a little bit of twenty pop there. Look at my squad right here. J t Rel Muto, Jose Miranda Brandon, Lao Rosario Aarnado, Naylor Tovar, Then Ti Oscar Starling, Marte Corbin, Carol Shohyo, Tani Contra, lance Lynn Toron, Munos Giolitohiney. I like this Tea Welsh. It's definitely a little boom or bust, but you know what, I'm feeling good about it. What do you think about this roster here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you said, it's not gonna be great on the projection side, but I think you're getting your guys. You're pulling up here. This is definitely a piece of.
Speaker 1: P A like team yeah, it feels very piece of pia. Its a little loud, little obnoxious, oddly charismatic at times. All right, let's go to the next pick here, Josh Young pick there for Florence Socks. Then mister Buster takes Javy or Bias at seventeen oh three. I have zero Hoavier bias, interest or shares Welsh? How do you feel about bias this year?
Speaker 2: Zero interest or shares? Also want to be but not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: No, I just can't do it. Riley Green goes next to seventeen oh four, So it's time for tigers apparently. As we kind of wrap things up here, Sandoval next four. Mike Mayers were closing things out there, so rounding out the pitching, we've got three picks left each, I believe now, and Brian Hayes goes to Bryan Warmly. Cabrian Hayes has not been able to get out of his own way, basically, so let's talk about this because at what point, Worm do you go, maybe it's just never gonna happen for this guy.
Speaker 3: Not at this point yet, I would say, yeah, obviously, I'm a huge believer in the pirates because I got Hayes and Reynolds earlier. But I mean again, he's really talented guy you already hasn't been able toe out of his own way. But again, picking this late, I'm really happy to just take a swing on a guy that I think is a good player and can figure it out in a more meaningful way than he has to date.
Speaker 1: Okay, meaningful. Colton Wong one of Welsh's favors here, especially if fans up into the top of the order of seventeen oh seven, that could be a huge bargain, especially in the stolen based totals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was one hundred percent taking key Ryan Hayes. It's one of the few players I had in my cue that's surprised because corner and field, stolen base. I wanted to pick up some more stolen bases. I think he's one of the better values that was left on the board. We're also not taking bench players from like we as mock drafters, have to optimize our starting lineup, which is going to maybe change a few things that we do when we're not drafting bench and he was just the perfect like starting optimization for stolen bases on a corner endfield. I love Wong Wong would have been one of the picks coming up here soon, but that was Ryan again, just such a dirt back.
Speaker 1: I love Wong, A story about a man and is long continuing on Tony Gonsolin at seventeen oh eight, then Alex Cobb at seventeen oh nine, Cabrera at seventeen ten, Miguel Vargas at seventeen eleven, followed by Jack Peterson at the turn at seventeen twelve, Alex Lang at eighteen oh one, Jack Flaherty at eighteen oh two. That's another guy got zero shares of Welsh. Do you think there's any world where flerty can really turn things around?
Speaker 2: I never say never. I'm not that type of person, but no, now, I like, it's not gonna be on. I'm not gonna bet that at all. But you know, hey, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 1: All right. Scott Barlow goes next to the wonky penguin, fall by that one fool at eighteen oh four. We'll see what they have up their sleeve. As we continue on with this draft, closing things out here pretty soon. We've got a few picks left on the board. As we're wrapping up Hunter Brown to the Juggernaut. After that the Welsh at eighteen o six, what do you got.
Speaker 2: Ooh, well, I got a not many picks here left. I gotta see where my cue is. I got that sneaky guy, and I need a corner, a catcher, and a pitcher here. So that sounds like a setup to a joke. By the way, we'll lock our picture and we're gonna get John Gray. We're gonna lockdown. John Gray is my final starting pitcher, and then hopefully nobody touches the last two guys I want to take, or I'm gonna flip the table. At the four and a.
Speaker 1: Half hour mark of this show, Well we shall see. After you go ahead and took Jonathan Gray. The worm is on the clock here if he touches one of Welsh's things.
Speaker 3: Well, I really, I really thought I was gonna be able to wait another round on Edward Cabrera, and then Kelly took him.
Speaker 1: So that seems to be the theme of your draft. I thought I could wait another round.
Speaker 3: That was extremely disappointing I did. I don't feel good about Abrams, but more speed, I think he'll get, you know, plenty of playing time in a bad lineup, and I'm really really getting a lock on the speed with him and Turner and Chisholm and Hayes.
Speaker 1: So there you go, all the speed. That's you know what warm likes. He loves the speed. Can't get enough of it for it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ioke, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well you know that's fine. There we go, and then Sunny Gray goes to Mike Mayor because he likes pictures that were good a couple of times and years ago.
Speaker 2: Also his disposition a little Sonny Gray's yeah good, Mike Mayor.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, that's actually that that does fit. Uh, let's see what Pokemon does next year. Pokemon's got Oscar Gonzalez, excuse me, then busters up, then me gotta figure it out. The question is how many Texas Rangers pictures am I allowed to take and still compete in this league? That is the question. Because I could just empty the tank here and go with Clerk and Evaldi. Why not, right? I mean, I mean we're having fun.
Speaker 2: We're only we're going in hour five, that's all.
Speaker 1: Evaldi went right underneath.
Speaker 2: Me there, mister watching being rude.
Speaker 1: Hannager goes next, geez, I went full full. Norm McDonald on that.
Speaker 2: One you did. I was about to say, oh boy, I can't believe Simpson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my face is red. Let's go ahead and take Tyler Molly and take Trey Mancini. I'm gonna take my reclamation project. Guys here, see how that works. I'm all in on Trey Mancini, especially since first base sucks and outfield sucks, and you know what, Trey Mancini is a guy that just a couple of years ago was dropping thirty bomps, and Chicago's a heck of a better place right now for him to be hitting. So I'm gonna take a shot. Monda Sea goes next at nineteen oh two. I thought about taking him, but you know what, I just can't do it. I just can't do it. Not ever, mister Buster at nineteen oh three selects von Grissom, who is tenuous right now to make the club. Nineteen oh four is Pokemon. Is Drogic up next? And then Mayor at nineteen oh five, Mayor where you got your eyes on?
Speaker 5: I need to fill up my last two utility pieces, and I'm looking for kind of like eligibility to help me cross the board, and also I really need power.
Speaker 6: But there's not a whole lot of that left around.
Speaker 1: Nope, there's not a whole lot of power period nowadays. It's a slim pick out there, out there.
Speaker 5: The other one is Justin Turner, my last pick, and I couldn't believe that he went when he went.
Speaker 1: Really you wanted Justin Turner? Just curious.
Speaker 5: Just I like to get him this late because he's going to bat in Fenway Park. He's going to hit third in that order, and he could be a sneaky late round twenty home run kind of guy. And he's also gonna at some point probably get first base eligibility, so he'll be first and third.
Speaker 1: Okay. Brandon Drury goes to Mike Maher guy who plays everywhere makes a lot of sense. Then Donovan to Ryan Warmly, Ryan, what do you think about donovanother superutility kind of guy.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, speaking of a guy that plays everywhere, I mean, basically gets you position eligibility everywhere in your roster except catcher, and I think there's more power potential there.
Speaker 4: He sit pretty well this spring.
Speaker 3: I know he might not play every day, it'll kind of depend on how the roster shakes out, but he's a guy I really like to have on my team, especially if it's daily lineups.
Speaker 1: Okay, which we already pretended it was because it was fun. Oh Will Myers Welsh nineteen oh seven. There you go. So Craig Misch had some good things to say about Will my earlier on the show, and now you're gonna put him on your roster. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's still a sneaky source of stolen bases. He's good power. Cincinnati is one of the most hitter friendly environments out there. He should be hitting in the middle of the lineup. Why not. I was contemplating between him and I'll just say it, since we're in the last round, Josh Rojas, just because Rojas gets you a little bit of position eligibility. He's projected higher on the stolen bases. Actually, Tristan Costas, who just went those are the three hitters I was contemplating to put into that corner infield spot. But I decided Will Myers just because of the home run speed potential and just you know, where he's hitting is really, really, really phenomenal spot in such a bad, bad ballpark.
Speaker 1: Elvis Andrews, then Tyler Anderson, and Tristan Cassis, Evan Phillips. As we round out the last round here into Horey Matteo. Now the last picks. Shamer is up next here. As we go through, just from the feel of the draft, Welsh, who do you think won this draft?
Speaker 2: Ooh, I think what is their name? The person that's been me off the whole time?
Speaker 1: Gooch.
Speaker 2: I think the Gooch is gonna win. I think it's top three is going to be like Gooch, Schamer, and Kelly, and none of us will be on the top three.
Speaker 1: I agree with that sentiment. Ryan, do you agree?
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting that those were picks ten, eleven, and twelve, so picking at the end provided a lot of opportunity to hurt a lot of us. Yeah, I think Goshi or I have you pronounced it was they got a lot of the players.
Speaker 2: We might we might be appropriate with. By the way, well, I'm digging the greatest pick of this entire draft and it hasn't caught up the projections. I'm taking Gabrielle Moreno at the end of the draft. Who's now the starting catcher for the Diamondbacks. So sneaky skilled, thank you, let's go worm.
Speaker 1: Last pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not a pick that is going to like get highlighted as a great value picked by the you know the system.
Speaker 4: I do think it is Kyle Bradish.
Speaker 3: He had some really impressive starts last year against the Astros, who obviously were a great lineup. I know that he's been talked about a lot on the podcast, and I think earlier in this stream as well. He and Edward Cabrera are the two pictures I'm getting late in every draft. I can obviously Kelly got Carbrera before I could, so I'm happy to get Bradish as the guy instead.
Speaker 1: All Right, I know that Mayor's got a jet. So Mayor, you make your pick. You can leave whenever you need to. I know you've got important things going on. Seth Brown goes to Mike Mayor, then Adam goes after that, then Rojas a lot of pressure with me for mister irrelevant the very last pick. Here go ahead. We're gonna well, I mean, Garrett Whitlock, Manaia Carrasco all still out there. I'm gonna think my boy, Garrett Whitlock, because that's been a guy that I really like. He's got that due allegibity. I gotta be as I always get the B plus. That's where I'm at the projected standings. Welsh, what grade did you get?
Speaker 2: I got an eighty so I just barely got got a B minus on there. They did not like it so outran.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you know what? Mike Mayor got a B plus. It looks like I think in eighty six I believe, Hey, now the worm is dead last.
Speaker 3: The worm is dead last seventy three out of them.
Speaker 4: That's way worse than I did in January.
Speaker 2: He was eleven. This is the system's broken.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Ryan, I think the lesson learned here is don't work that hard. You know, you came in knowing nothing, really, and yet yeah we're just scrapping around. But yeah, I'm shocked at Wonky ten eleven twelve Welsh Wonky and worm, which is also sounds good together. The winner is Pokemon dry Jack or whatever the heck that is it? Ninety eight? What an incredible a drillic? Is it? Drillic? It's hard to see because it's very tiny on my scream But now oh you go, You're like, oh, I must get Drew Dak. Drudak is who I must get. Haha Florence Socks was second, Mister Buster was third, So shout out to the three of them beating all of us. Mike Mayer beat me. I don't know how he has no pitching makes no sense to me whatsoever. Expert opinions, Yeah, I guess trusting the process. Dalton delle Don and friends, Zinky and Andy Barons all hate my team. So does Joe Rico last time he gets invited to the show. Welsh, Real quick, any fun expert opinion you want to share?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, actually, Joe Rico loved mine more than anybody else. Funny enough. You know who else liked it? Chris Welsh, Kelly Kirby and Joe Piece of Pia loved my draft. And Ariol Cohen and Ryana Moore they hated me the most, So thanks Ariol, I appreciate it. But Joe, you loved me. You and Kelly loved it, so you really loved me?
Speaker 1: Who loved you? Both?
Speaker 4: Both Kelly and Mike Mayer loved me.
Speaker 3: So I don't know why Mayor is so much higher if you wanted to take all the players I got. But they both love my draft, which is which is great to see because I trust their opinions A lot. No Fantasy Pros guys disliked my draft, which I don't know if that says about me, but mayor how about you?
Speaker 6: I liked my own draft a lot.
Speaker 5: I had b Don, Travis Argo, Dalton Dell Don and our own Pats Fitzmorris also liked my draft.
Speaker 1: There you go. Shout out to the FITZI here, and a shout out to everyone who joined us today, especially all of you watching and listening back. I know if you missed any parts of this, there's going to be a podcast version where we do a shorter version of that, so check that out as well. Special shout out to Chris, our producer for the last four hours and change, not only setting everything up but running all these graphics and everything for you here. A phenomenal job by him as always, but we expect that of him because he's got Emmys, so you know he's an important person on the grand scale of things at Fantasy Pros. Also thanks to our guest Paul Sport, Nick Pollock, Frank stanfil Chris Meanie, Craig mish Ineno Seris and of course the Worm Mike Maher and the Welsh, we could not do it without you, guys. I want to thank everybody once again. If you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.