Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King podcast is going on tour. Yes, I am coming to a city near you, but I'm not coming alone.
Speaker 1: I am bringing a.
Speaker 2: Few special guests along with me, starting with Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Judais on April thirteenth at the White Eagle Hall in Jersey City, New Jersey. On Monday April twenty second, I have Tamar Braxton coming to Atlanta as City Winery on April twenty fifth. I got Tamra Judge and Teddy Mellcap from two teas and a pod podcast who will be in the OC at the Irvine Improv And for My Love and Marriage DC fans, I got the ladies Ashley Winter, Rana and Joy coming to how Word Theater in DC on Sunday May twelfth, Yes Mother's Day. To get your tickets, make sure to go on my Instagram page or Twitter and click the link in my bio. Welco up to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, We'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Ray Drives on today's episode, Reality to the King, Give it up for the man who will forever be considered as the hottest husband that Bravo has ever seen.
Speaker 1: Apollo Night on. Indeed, indeed, indeed, how you been? It's been years, years years. You look great? You do too, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to, like, you know, make sure that I keep the same level of workout ethic that you taught me while we were working together.
Speaker 1: Definitely, you taught me how to work out. It's hard, but you was looking good. For a minute.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn, he's catching up to me. I gotta wait up another not you said for a minute.
Speaker 1: For a minute, did I slip off? You did a little bit? I got hold up? Look hold on a second.
Speaker 2: Follow I definitely think I have been still.
Speaker 1: Got your arms?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, well I thought you fell off. Okay, okay, okay, got you. Yeah, it's cool, it's cool. I thought you fell off man. No, no, no, okay, it's just the shirt. It was just the fitted defitted h a sweater, a cardigan. Yeah, yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 2: I'm good you approved, yes, because we need to work out most definitely.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you still have the Booty DVDs that you and Phaeder were doing.
Speaker 1: We still have them. You still have them. They're still in the marketplace. Actually, are you selling them in the back of your trunk.
Speaker 3: No, they're still on Amazon. Actually they are. Yeah, they're still on Amazon. But I think so I bought out the distribution and fulfillment a long time ago.
Speaker 1: There was issues with that.
Speaker 3: It's like, so I think once it once the press came out that we beat out Kim Kardashian, Billy Blanks, Bob Harper, Julian Michael Jane Fond, that we had top sales in the nation and the revenue wasn't really matching up with the credibility of the accolades that we've accomplished.
Speaker 1: So at that.
Speaker 3: Time I was like, Okay, well, you get a check that comes in for I think like forty seven thousand, right for one month sales. Then it went to somewhere trickle down to like maybe I think the low within the four months was like seventy two K. Right, then how do you jump from seventy two down to like twenty four This is like in a six seven month period.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, okay, well something's not right.
Speaker 3: So then when you start looking back at the production and looking back at you know, the company who was running everything, there was no ledger. We're not seeing any type of invoices. When I seeing you know, the DVD sold, all it is ooh you need to have I think it was twenty five of each twenty five hundred of each volume, so volume one, volume two, so five thousand copies in Q at all times per month. Right, And back then, you know, it wasn't ubiquitous like now as far as the media and being able to shoot something for a fraction of the cost. Now, remember when you came and did the Fine Fine Baby, the.
Speaker 1: Prenatal video, right, I remember that.
Speaker 3: So when you did the prenatal video, that was a fraction of the cost of what we spent one hundred and twenty five K on the freaking production. It's unheard of. There's no way, you know, but you live and learn, right, So the low hit to around like eleven K. A check came in for eleven thousand. Right, we're still doing the promotion and we're still doing everything. I'm like, this is not right, So look, I need to do a cease and assists. We need to go ahead and just stop everything. Our attorney at the time was like, listen, you signed like a note thirty six month contract with them. I was like, yeah, but there's a clause in there. You know, if you're unhappy, you you know, we need to breach this contract. So you know, me back then, I was a little more rough around the edges. So I just showed up and paid them a visit at the studio. You and the guns, yeah, basically, yes, exactly, Yeah, not those guns. Yeah, yeah, novices. And you know, we talked about it and they were just telling me, oh, you know, basically trying to lure me back in, and stated that you know, it's going to be a difficult run for you.
Speaker 1: You're new in this business.
Speaker 3: You're going to get a lot of individuals who are unhappy with the product, and you know, you got to really think about the back end as far as support.
Speaker 1: The support, but support, dude, you got to email on here.
Speaker 3: You know, no one's calling answering the phone, so I was like, you know what, I don't care. Just give me my shit, just give it everything back, ship everything back to me. So that took a minute. Then I went to his partner. Bravo was actually shooting that show. I think it was called Tone It Up with the Tone It Up Girls, Yeah, the Two Girls or whatnot.
Speaker 1: So they were shooting in La So.
Speaker 3: I had to go back out there, and then I popped up on the production out there with the guy, the partner, I don't want to mention no names or anything like that, but he was like, listen, okay, cool, you want out, Cool, we'll send everything back. So once I got everything back, then next thing you know, the sales started going back up, and then we're able to see everything. But the problem is that network. Let's just say, if you're selling you know, eighty something thousand dollars worth of product, you still have you still have the individuals who actually purchased your product, and you could remarket. So they're taking my market my customers, and they're remarketing other products to those customers.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, it was a big shit show.
Speaker 3: But anyways, so now, yeah, the product is still in the marketplace, but the thing is I need to make it digital now because.
Speaker 1: Nobody does dvs, so go back digit. But I have basically I've.
Speaker 3: Written up like content for because you know, I was the the producer. I you know, I wrote and produced everything, so the whole curriculum behind it. I did seven new layouts since I was away. I just haven't filmed any of it. So a couple of them come with like different apparatuses, you know, there's you know, different platforms, different tiers.
Speaker 1: So I've done that.
Speaker 3: It's just being in that right space because since i've been home, I've been grinding, man, just really trying to get traction because like you said to your point earlier was there's people who come home being in deprivated state and they really can't catch traction and they're really just slopping mud up.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, just slick tires, you know.
Speaker 3: And so I haven't really had an opportunity to really just put everything into motion.
Speaker 1: And I have so many ideas.
Speaker 3: There's so much, you know, so many things that I did with my time, with my spare time when I was gone that I need to put into you know, production and put into play.
Speaker 1: So since you've been home for how long back in Atlanta. So I got out and.
Speaker 3: Came home in May of nineteen, and they had me on a house arrest program. So it's a six month program, so technically, but I was still at home. So I came back to Atlanta. I came to visit Thanksgiving of Thanksgiving of nineteen and I moved here. Now, I came to visit during COVID because they shut Philadelphia all the way down, so they said Atlanta is opened. Oh, I'm going to come back here for correct.
Speaker 1: Then we permanently moved back to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I want to say October of twenty twenty is when we came back permanently. And since then, you know, we decided to get into the real estate. Sharen, you know, she has her license, she's a broker, she does designs, you know, all of that stuff from the architectural standpoint, and most agents, you know, their feet are you know, the biggest accomplishment for an Asian is, hey, I want to be an investor or and or you want to be you know, have your own brokerage one of the two, you know.
Speaker 1: So she decided to get out of the.
Speaker 3: Handover you know fit situation every day going out marketing yourself, meeting with a gazillion clients.
Speaker 1: Just to sell a house. So she said, hey, let's.
Speaker 3: Just start building our own Let's start designing our own homes and things like that. So I already had a team from you know, back when you saw I did the house in Buckhead. Already have my same crew, and then some of the properties that we've had they would service some of the things when I was away and stuff like that. So I've always kept my same team. So we just kind of expanded since then from as far as heavy machinery, everything's in house, and.
Speaker 1: That kind of just took the street mentality, if you.
Speaker 3: Will, the entrepreneurial side, if you will, and just cut out the middleman, because when you have a contractor that comes on the contractor, what they normally do is they sub it out, so you're gonna have four contractors they're sub sub subit. So you know, in the street terminology, just like if you have a product per se and then you stretch that product, right, you just stepping on that product and by the time you get to the end, it's like either garbage and or you've ben paid, you know, a markup on the.
Speaker 1: Retail, which you really don't have to.
Speaker 3: So I decided to go directly to the trade and then in lou signed the tradesmen straight to us, and then they work for us exclusively, and so therefore we're just getting our prices are pretty much unmatched.
Speaker 1: No, you're doing good.
Speaker 2: You're doing good. And I'm so proud of you because obviously we met each other on season three of the Hospitals of Atlanta. Yep, when you decided to do the show, When your then wife Faedra tells you that she's been approached to do a reality show, what were your first thoughts.
Speaker 1: I really was like, no way, you know, I didn't want to do it because.
Speaker 3: Again, well it's another secret now, but I was in the streets, you know, pretty pretty heavily in the streets, and.
Speaker 1: I really didn't want that. I didn't want that, you know, attention.
Speaker 3: But then I was like, okay, it could be a good thing too, right, So it served to be a good thing because if you think about it, when all of the wives were saying, you know, she takes care of him and and and and.
Speaker 1: You know, she buys this and she does that, that was great for me.
Speaker 3: That's why I never said nothing because okay, keep thinking that, right, Well, I just keep stacking my money and we just keep living our lives. It doesn't really matter because that's what your perception is reality, So it doesn't matter what I'm doing back, and so it kind of helped mask a lot of things too, you know.
Speaker 2: Also help keep what you were doing in the streets in the streets exactly and not having to explain because one thing Faedra did say when the girls were asked like what does Apollo do, and she would say something like you were the repo man.
Speaker 1: No no, well no, everyone all like so the no, no, no, it's so no. So okay. The thing about it is like, uh, it's an asset recover. When she has recovery, she considered the report man.
Speaker 3: But it's so funny that you mentioned that, right, because she just calls me about a case literally last month, maybe about a month ago.
Speaker 1: She calls me.
Speaker 3: We talk all the time, especially when it comes like to legal matters or you know, just certain things that she knows that I handle a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: So she called us like, hey, you remember you was doing that you had this business blase bla back when this case just came across my desk. I said, you idiot, I said, you don't remember. I was like, I told you to get into that business a long time ago. I said, here it is like twenty years later now, and she was like, yeah, so what's going on with it? But anyways, yes, So what it is is, you know individuals out here they have there's like right now it teetered up. It used to be like one point something billion, but right now it's like three something billion dollars just in the state of Georgia. That's held at the Department of Revenue. And a lot of people don't know about this, okay, So it could be as small as to one cent all the way to you know, millions of dollars. It just depends you can pick through the litter and figure out which you know, which claim you want to go after, and who you want to patronize in order to represent them.
Speaker 1: Plus the laws have changed a lot.
Speaker 3: But just get in to the meat of it is that let's just say you, for for easy sake, let's just say T Mobile. Let's just say you paid your T mobile bill and you decided to go to Sprint, right, and your bill was five hundred dollars, okay, and you have a rebate. Let's just say if two hundred and fifty dollars, well, that two hundred and fifty was supposed to be mailed back to you, okay, you don't get it, Well, they can't hold onto it, so that money has to then be forfeited over to the Department of Revenue Georgia Department of Revenue. Every state has a department of revenue. The money gets forfeited to the Department of Revenue. You don't know about it, it just sits there. So it goes into what's called a call for okay, it goes into Alectinist cheat program. And so then once it gets into that cheat program, its forfeited. And the state of Georgia is forfeited after six years.
Speaker 1: And here it is.
Speaker 3: It's not just don't look at the small part is two hundred and fifty dollars. No, there's millions of millions of dollars out there. We're not talking about collectively to on just one claim itself, you know.
Speaker 1: So it varies.
Speaker 3: It goes from insurance to trust to bonds, stocks, you know, annuities, dividends, it's all across the board, not just with the T mobile thing.
Speaker 1: And so you were doing that at the time, yes.
Speaker 2: And so is it so the money you would would you take the money and figure out how to distribute it or how were you able to recover that asset?
Speaker 1: So this is the thing. I so my case actually there's two parts.
Speaker 3: So my legitimate business, I had legitimate business, and I just basically mirrored the legitimate business with the illegal side of it. And I was doing it illegally because the people didn't know. So I was just basically still taking the funds when they didn't even know while was taking the funds from this from the.
Speaker 1: State per se.
Speaker 3: The Feds never you know, they know that my business was legitimate, so they never did anything with my legitimate business. I just transferred everything, shut everything down, hands up, Hey, I'm guilty whatever, let's just deal with this illegal.
Speaker 1: Matter over here.
Speaker 3: So once you find the person and you locate the individual, of course there's you know, software and all that stuff. Once you contact the person, of course you'll put them in the contract. Things have changed a lot since back when the laws have changed. They make it extremely hard because based on like my crime, they don't want people to do that because back then it was very easy. Nowadays, you know, you they want you to be back by an attorney and or you know, if you're that person, your paperwork has to be spot on. You know, it can't just be no foolery. So once you find the individual, you'll lock them in the contract. Then back when you used to could go up to something like almost you could charge a mount as a PI attorney, which personal injury, that's what that stands for. You could do something like thirty three percent in the state of Georgia. Well as a finder's fee, you're only able to uh through the treasury. You're only able to do ten percent a third party finders fee, so you're not really that's you know, you got to do a hell of a lot of claims you know, at ten percent to make money, you know, which you know it can still be feasible, but you have to have your network put in place so that you know, because it's almost like, for example, if you get into a personal injury per se, right, and you go to your doctors and you got you know, your chiropractice, you got your medical and all that, you might get a stipend. You might get a check for fifty k but when it comes down to you that check, you know, it gets trickled down. You got to pay your medical you got to pay the doctors, you got to pay whoever, and then your attorney costs. So of course, depending on how you set your network up per se, then you can still make money because you still have fees associated with this claim. You still got to find person, you got footwork, you got research. It's still a lot that can go into it if you want to carve it out and make that a business. But in a sense, now, I wasn't like repulling cars, you know it was. It was a little deeper than that. Just a lot of people really didn't understand the business. And then of course, like the housewives, you know, everybody don't want to listen to anything, so it's kind of like whatever, you know what you girls are and the men too. Hey, you guys are fixated on what fixated on what you think is whatever, So hey, take it run with it.
Speaker 1: I don't care no.
Speaker 2: What they listened to though, was phad dress due date changing all the time, right, yeah? It is one of the reasons why the d date change is because you two got pregnant before you were married.
Speaker 1: Let's count that up. Let's see. Yeah, possibly like a maybe maybe about a month before.
Speaker 2: So she got pregnant a month before you said I do. What was was the due date controversy.
Speaker 1: Not before the excuse me, not before the proposal, though you proposed before. Yeah. Yeah, so this was the thing, right.
Speaker 2: So that's the biggest mystery is she lied about her due date because she was having a baby out of wedlock.
Speaker 1: No, so this is the thing. Phase and I have known each other, are been uh.
Speaker 3: Together, friends or whatever you know, sincenineteen ninety seven. It's a very long time.
Speaker 1: And you were how old? Nineteen? And she was how old?
Speaker 3: Twenty four five? But I lied about my age. She was twenty five. She just graduated law school.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're nineteen, she's twenty five, yes, but you told her you were.
Speaker 1: I think it's like twenty two or something like that.
Speaker 3: But to see, the thing about it was the the opulence, like the cars that I had, the jury and stuff like back then, because I've always been pretty you know, pretty uh, what's a good term for it. I've been pretty well off, if you will, for quite some time, despite you know me, you know, going to prison and all that type of thing. But yeah, I'm mad on the freeway, on the freeway. On the freeway, so we're driving. I've seen this pretty little thing, you know. I started flirting, but we were man, when I tell you, it was bumper to bumper traffic on two eighty five going across the Chattahoochee Bridge right there before you merge on the seventy five, And so I started messing with it because the hell we're in traffic.
Speaker 1: It's nothing else to do.
Speaker 3: So I start like kind of flirting, and then she's not really trying to hear it. And then finally, I mean, we're literally in traffic for a while, so what else are you gonna do? Right, So then finally she kind of gives in because I really don't.
Speaker 1: I'm relentless. I don't stop right.
Speaker 3: So we go merging onto seventy five and then I'm like, okay, we're getting We passed what's that windy hill and we're heading towards the next exit DELK Road. I said, you know what, man, this woman might think I'm a creep or something. You know, I don't want to just like I'm following her, but I'm literally going to the barbershop because we open up a shop out there in Powder Springs. So I was like, okay, let me get in front of her. So I get in front of her and I go get off Delk and we have to go way down Delk Road to this little side street called like Sandtown.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm glad I did get in front of her, because if I would have turned off this little road that she was turning on, oh, she would have definitely thought like this guy's like up to no good.
Speaker 1: You know. So I turn and then when we turn on this little road, she honks the horn and pulls over and comes on the side, and it was like follow me. I'm follow you. Okay.
Speaker 3: I've gotten into some things in my time, right, So I'm like okay. So we go to her house. She stayed right down the street.
Speaker 1: Hold on brother day one day, one day, no, not even day, no, not dat, like.
Speaker 2: Like forty five minutes later later, So Pedra says, to you come to my crib.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, she says, follow me. So I follow her. We pull up at the house in the driveway, I get out, I see her.
Speaker 1: She looks at me, hey blah, blah blah. We talked for a minute. Did you you talked outside out side of the house. Yeah, I'll side in the in the driveway. She was like, what are you doing over here? You know?
Speaker 3: I said, oh, well, the barbershops down the street. She's like, oh, you cut here? I said, yeah, I cut here at the shop. She said, oh wow, okay, because they built a new plaza and everything down there, she knew where it was at. All right, cool, let's stay in contact and then from there we just you know, I think I called her a couple of times because back then you didn't really didn't have to sell phones like that, or you did what they were expensive, you know, and sold the home phone. Called the home phone a couple of times. She didn't answer, left a couple of messages.
Speaker 1: She was in uh Barbados or something, Galopagos, she was somewhere.
Speaker 3: But she returned my call find like a month later, and she was like, Hey, I've just been traveling, but I'm home now. You want to hook up? So we went out to eat. We went to Applebee's. We went to Applebee's.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy, the apple Bee's is still there right there on by the galleria. It's still at the same Yeah, we went there. Oh, it's not an expensive day at all to the money. Yeah, we went to the movies too. I think we went to the movies. Yeah, movie ticket. Yeah, so you know it was great. I wish we could do that back. No, right, you would get away with that now. Oh man, oh man, think about it. We could go you think about your friends, right, and the bill.
Speaker 3: Comes and just like for you guys, and the bill is like one hundred and fifty bucks, You're like, whoa man. Yeah, You're like, so you paid the whole thing, right, but man, things are so expensive nowadays, it's crazy. But yeah, we we go out to eat and so that's kind of how we started our relationship, just being friends and just going from there and uh so to that point. So when I came home, there was a situation that occurred. You know, most people don't know, but uh so, when I got arrested the first time, you know, that whole situation, a lot of people might say like this this here, no one even knows this. You know, this is the first time I've even made this statement ever. So I go do six years on a rico case, the same thing, like Doug is under whatever for racketeering a Corrupt Organization Act.
Speaker 1: This is when you were the very started dating Phadra. Yes. Yes, so it's almost like if you have and my thing wasn't gang related. It's more so like a white collar offenses, right, but on a high scale. So here it is you have multiple crews out there, you have people that I mean, you know, you're not just one person that's doing white collar crime. There's probably a gazillion people. Right.
Speaker 3: So long story short, someone that I know was committing these crimes, right, and they we were very close at the time, and they utilized some information. I had got arrested for something for a very short stint of time, and I called Phaeder to come and assist with that.
Speaker 1: For the bond and everything.
Speaker 3: She was like, well, you're gonna get a bond, but you probably have to sit like forty five days. All right, no problem, all right, but don't worry about it. You're gonna get a bail. So I think she came to visit me. So during that time, as like putting our case together to get the bond, we went to court a couple of times. So say on the second or third time going to court when we're back at the jail. She comes and pays me a visit and says, hey, well, no, this is at the courthouse. She says, I don't know what's going on, but the FEDS is outside and they're saying that, you know, they're wanting you for this, that and the third. I'm like, there's no way, like I'm literally in here for just this situation. That's really we're gonna get through this because I'm not guilty for what I'm in there for. But I said, okay, okay, we'll just cross that bridge later. But it's not me again. We won't you the word framed. But I basically I knew exactly what happened. I knew that, I knew exactly how everything went down, and I found myself in a conundrum. I found myself in a bad spot and I wasn't gonna flip on my friends or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I found myself in.
Speaker 3: A really, really dark place. And here it is, I'm going to trial. I'm being extradited to South Georgia, where I've never been. Okay, never been out there, never done a crime out there.
Speaker 1: So we fight.
Speaker 3: It was a sixteen count indictment, Okay, I was only on one count, which was Count one, which was the RICO. Well, in order to have a RICO, you have to prove, like predicate acts is what it is. You have to show how you're tied to this, you know, to this organization. But again they got me tied to an organization. But then they have me as the ring leader of the organization. Right, Well, all of the elements really didn't add up. So we did like a improper venue, no jurisdiction, all this crap. But long story short, I wound up doing this time. I did six years on that for something that I didn't do. I wrote it out, so fucking went to try. I lost trial attorney. Yeah, at first she was, but then I was like, okay, you know what, we kind of had a little falling out, and there's a lot of respect for her too, and I'm going to get to that point that I do have done. Like I said, I've never really mentioned this, you know, this all in the past, but there's a lot of respect for her that I do give for just I guess we would say like keeping the code, but at least just like staying loyal, staying staying staying loyal and above board so I decided to get another attorney who was like a Rico professor.
Speaker 1: He wrote a couple of books.
Speaker 3: I thought that that might fit the bill better because this is the first time that she would try.
Speaker 1: A big case like this.
Speaker 3: Plus it's a black woman, you know, down in the country. You don't know what happened, So I'm just looking at everything in totally. Plus it's my life, you know. And we had a couple of little little quarrels about that. You know, I don't think that's the best move for you. You know, who's going to have your back, who's going to talk. You know, at the end of the day, I say, I rode the dice, and you know, I crapped out, you know, versus hitting my number. But there was one of my co defendants who testified against me, like I'm going to trial and then motherfucker's is taking the stand, okay, and I.
Speaker 1: Mean whole diagram board and everything. I mean, it got rough.
Speaker 3: And so he hired her to be his counsel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so guess what that would mean.
Speaker 3: That would mean she would have to sit there, cross examined, and she would have to then blast me or knock my head off, right so she was the opposing Yeah, so my co defendant, who was a co defendant, she was hired to be his representation.
Speaker 2: So Phedra had to go against you in the court of law.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what she did was she just resigned from the case. Oh, she recused herself. Accuse herself. Yes, she recused hersel. And so that's why for you, that was very upstanding. Yeah, very very And I said, you know what, I get it.
Speaker 3: You prefer just to have hands off and not even get in that muddy water.
Speaker 1: You know. That was good. And so you know, she went her way. I went my way.
Speaker 3: She was, you know, disgrown all about me, you know, hiring another council and so forth, and here we go. I go down in the books and I wound up losing trial, and so they gave me the time. And it wasn't until I had another friend who's uh so they messed all my paperwork up with my appeal. It was really just shitty. So I had another friend who had a whose cousin was an attorney, and I was I was cool with her father.
Speaker 1: It's her father's sister. Well, sorry, it's her aunt. Sorry.
Speaker 3: So I was cool with her dad and the way me and her. Their dad is a neurosurgeon up in in uh Indiana, so I was really cool with them.
Speaker 1: I gave her dad a couple of good points.
Speaker 3: So when XM radio was a Cyrus Cyrus series radio, So when they first came out in An, I came out this is like two thousand, two thousand and one. The IPO was extremely low and me or dad used to talk about stocks and so forth, and I was like, hey, you might want to jump on this, and he was like you sure, I said, man, I really think so you should.
Speaker 1: Jump on this.
Speaker 3: He made a shitload of money, a shitload of money, and so his dad's always talks to me like, hey, if you ever need anything, let me know.
Speaker 1: I owe you, owe you one.
Speaker 3: So I needed it. So I reached out to my friend. I was like, hey, look this is where I'm at. She used to come see me. She's like, you know what, my cousin is a practicing attorney in Atlanta. I want to talk to my I'm and my aunt. She said, I'm gonna talk.
Speaker 1: To my dad and see what can I say? Yes, talk to your dad.
Speaker 3: So sure enough she came to see me, and I had one last chance and it was basically a habeas corpus I can't remember. So we followed this habeas basically it was like a false imprisonment type thing, just saying that I'm being held against my will, and we just followed that against the prison.
Speaker 1: It gave me one last chance to go back before the courts.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I wind up by that time the has dropped the case. GBI wound up picking it up during that time. I think I left that part out. And so I'm basically in the state. In the State of Georgia, you do a third of your sentence, so they wind up giving me on the state levels like eighteen years.
Speaker 1: When I lost trial.
Speaker 2: Eighteen years, you got a sentenced for eighteen years.
Speaker 3: And on the non violent offense. The thing about it is on a rico. The rico and the state of George, well mostly in the nation is the highest statue of crime because you know it in tells whatever murder story blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Right, so all this stuff, and they.
Speaker 3: Considering it was nonviolent and it fell in the line of the rico, there's still like it's a level seven, so it goes outside the grid.
Speaker 1: So level six is where t's that it was like a level seven.
Speaker 3: So what they did they just treated it as the same as it was a level six and consider it as non violent, and you do a third of your time, So three times six is eighteen, and that'll be the third.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: So the whole time, I'm sitting not really sure what's gonna happen, but I'm still fighting to get out. And mind you, I'm in there this whole time, wrongfully convicted. I didn't do it. Now, there was some elements right. My whole defense was we're not saying, hey, I never committed a crime. That was not the defense. The defense was I'm not part of this. Right, We're not saying that I wasn't doing something right or out out there, but I just wasn't a part of that. But anyways, so when I came home, her and I and again, like I say, nobody ever knew that. So here it is this story that's being told even on the on the Housewives, and I was, oh, this man's a crooked. I guess what, It's not even worth it. It's not even worth it. What am I gonna do? Wave the flag and say oh I didn't do it? And try to tell everybody and plead my case. Well, guess what the damage is done. I'm still convicted, fella, And I still went to jail. I still did time, but I went to time. I did time, but I.
Speaker 1: Didn't do it. Literally, I didn't do it, had nothing to do with it. So anyways, get out, I said, you know what. We stayed in contact. I think I called her a couple of times. I think I reached out.
Speaker 3: To her when I lost trial, just to say hello. Then I went to a camp in Atlanta. I think I was in Griffin Griffin, Georgia, and I reached out to her over the phone, reached out to Fader over the phone, and she was just like, you know, how long do you have to go? I don't know, but come to find out, I was at the camp. My level of crime. I wasn't supposed to be there and that kind of I don't know how I got there, but I stayed there. It was short lived, and then I wound up going to another prison and that's when things started kind of rolling for me a little better.
Speaker 1: And I wound up getting out. And when I got out, I called her and she was like, oh, when you're coming home? I was like, I'm home. She was like, oh, you're home.
Speaker 3: Really, And then you know, she was already like engaged to somebody, and.
Speaker 1: At that point I was just.
Speaker 3: Like, man, you know, I think they might still be something, you know, So then I pursued it pursued.
Speaker 1: Although she was engaged to a man.
Speaker 3: Well, I just felt like it was still mine, you know at the time, you know, I really felt that way. And I went over to her house and we just started talking and kind of picked up from there.
Speaker 1: And she knew my circumstances at that time.
Speaker 3: Like she knew, you know, I was staying with a friend of mine, just got out, and again, you know, that was supportive too.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of things changed, like when you're.
Speaker 3: As you know these when you're on TV and you get your celebrity and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, you become a different person. Think about it.
Speaker 3: Even you're not the same person you were. I'm sure people tell you you've changed, you know, but you have to change to some degree.
Speaker 1: For sure, you.
Speaker 2: Grow, you grow, absolutely, but the character of who you are should remain the same.
Speaker 1: Shoul should Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just fast forward like when I came when when when everyone was filming at the house prior to me the very last time I was on TV when I came to the house and I was disgrundled about all that stuff. It's because no one really knew the backstory, right, No one knew that this woman's been gone for quite a couple of days with the kids, and I had to fight to see my kids. And I'm coming home really to handle my business at the house, not to see a filming crew. And like you've ever seen when they jump on the Wizard of Oz, the witch is dead. It's like you're sitting here having a whole party, you know, when I'm gone. So that's why, you know, I was really upset then, but just rewind a little bit when as we started going, she was really you know, supportive about that fact. And then she was like, hey, let's not you. We're going to keep playing around. What are we gonna do. We've known each other forever. You've had drops and downs. I have much ups and downs. You've been here at my low times. I've been there for you. So we're not going to cross each other. Right, clearly that's been shown. We're not going to cross each other. That's before TV and all that stuff. You trust me, I trust you right right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool you think we should do this and start a family. Okay, cool you think so yeah, let's do it. Well okay, what about all this other stuff though that comes with that? Like rings in this you live an opulent lifestyle. You know you're you're you're a stupid person. So what do you want me to do here? Because I'm not ready ready to you know what I'm saying, to stop what I'm doing. I'm over here. My buddy gave me his condo in a two bedroom condo. He didn't even ask me for anything. Matter of fact, he was encouraging me to just take my time. And he used to put everything is paid for. I'm talking about every week.
Speaker 1: There's groceries in the refrigerator, there's money on the counter. Let everything is everything.
Speaker 3: Like listen, Paulo, don't trip out, don't do nothing, just get yourself together. So then when I was telling her that, she was like, well, you do know that when people get married there's responsibility. And you gotta said, well how about this, we can get married and I just live over there for a couple more months. And then it was like November first is when we got married, I can move in some months later. It might sound weird, but it's all about what you talk to with your person, you know, and what your you and your partner comes in to in agreements with. But that didn't fare with her, so she was like, no, that ain't gonna work. Okay, well, why don't you just take care of the smaller things and then I'll worry about the bigger things, the mortgage and all this stuff. I didn't feel right stepping into fucking three thousand dollar mortgage, Like, dude, I just came home.
Speaker 2: So so how soon did she get pregnant after you got home?
Speaker 1: Man? I don't know. Man, we pound town in. You have to make a full lost time. Yeah, no, none of that. They stopped all that. Okay, yeah, you don't have so you come home and then yeah, yeah, But the thing is, we really didn't think that.
Speaker 3: I didn't because we've always had, like, you know, I guess the unprotected situation, you know, and nothing's ever happened.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, I guess we really the pull off game was good back then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so, And is it good now?
Speaker 1: I'll follow? I mean, I'm not do I mean, I'm married right now, I'm not. You know, you gotta you gotta put uh birth control and all that good stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: But uh so you think this whole confusion with the do date had a little bit to do with the fact that, listen, she comes from being a pastor's kid, and she's she's also private.
Speaker 1: We know that.
Speaker 3: I think it's the privacy. I don't think that she thought. I don't think that she really thought that through, thought that question through. It just hit her and then she was like, Okay, well, what are my parents gonna think that? Maybe it just hit her and then you know, some people just say things and then it's kind of too late. And that's what I spoke to her about a little prior to going on to the marriad of medicine and all that situation, right, because.
Speaker 1: I was like, why do you you said something?
Speaker 3: Because literally I called her and I was like, this is why one of the reasons why I really don't want to go on here, right, I don't mind, but I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Why do you dig a hole for yourself? Is it? When she told people y'all been in high school.
Speaker 3: It's like she says something about the reason why I wasn't at Aden's birthday.
Speaker 1: Is because I was out of town. Dude, why didn't you just tell the truth and say we've had multiple birthday parties.
Speaker 3: That was for the TV. That was for you guys, like what are you doing? But see when you do that, then it causes more scrutiny. It causes for people to say, hmm, well how is that when I just seen him over here, you know.
Speaker 1: Which is why you have to address it with Toya on the reunion. Yeah, like you know, so I just think that she finds herself in this situation.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's okay to protect certain things, but you don't have to protect everything. You know, It's okay to be authentic. It's okay to let you've already been what on TV over ten years, ups and downs, husband went to prison, You had your kids then, so I saw you had a kid out of way.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be discredited as a person.
Speaker 3: Shit happens. Everybody is human. You're entitled to a mistake. You should, you know, Like, right now, I'm trying to get out of a mistake. The stuff that hit on TMZ. Some mistake should happens.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is this, Obviously, what I loved about you and Phedra working with you guys was the fact that this you two came on the show and brought something so relatable right that people just don't talk about or they don't show. I know tons of women who are professionals, whether are lawyers, doctors, whatever, and oftentimes their husband may have a pass that includes incarceration because at the end of the day, black men are.
Speaker 1: Not set up in this country to win, right. We're just not. We're not.
Speaker 2: And I give Faedra credit for looking at your soul and all of this and saying to herself, you know what I'm saying, like, I want to give this a chance. Despite me being this esteem accredited attorney, I'm going to follow my heart break off my engagement, be.
Speaker 1: With this man and choose that life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So what we saw on the show to me was something relatable. But I am with you. I think the thing with Phedra that I think us as the audience is like, well, even watching Mariti Medicine and when she said, oh, I met Paula in high school and it's like, we know, y'all have a cute little age difference. So I think it's stuff like that that bothers people because it's like you got to say all that like we you're a girl, an ass woman. It was like Apollo was fourteen and you were eighteen, you know what I mean? So I definitely understand where you're coming from with that. When it came to the Housewise, when y'all came on the show, it, I mean, eyeballs were on the two of you because it was you both are scorpios, which inherently means you're you're private people, but you're on the biggest show on Bravo, is the number one show on Bravo, and then your life has changed drastically and then and it became a big story about your marriage, so much so that when Kenya Mare came on the show, was that something you were surprised that people really took this flirtiness?
Speaker 1: Would you?
Speaker 2: What would you say about what you and Kenya's friendship were when you first met her on the show?
Speaker 1: Were you attracted to Kenya when you met her? I thought that she was really a dope person, like super cool when we first met. I think it was with Walter at the Grand Prix.
Speaker 3: That was the very first time that I met her, and you know, I've seen her around and stuff like that, but this is my first time like interacted. What I really liked about I thought that she just had a good soul, a good person based on like just super funny and it wasn't like in a flirty way.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I could vibe with that, Like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, she seemed like one of the one of the authentic people that if we have to film with people and all this, like it could be a jokey like a cool situation and some people might have thought, like it might be flirtatious or something like that. It started out as being she's competitive as hell. It started off by that. That's what really was like, because I'm super competitive and I'm just like okay, And it started out on the golf thing, a little put put thing, and then some other things like and I was like I can rock with this person, like but not in a sexual way or nothing like that. At first, the chemistry was good. Now was she attractive you very much?
Speaker 2: So you know, did you did you know who she was based on her being missus?
Speaker 1: Ay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew, But like I say that didn't all come together as far as the knowledge until putting it. I've seen her out and about, and I've seen her like in the media and stuff like that, but I didn't put two and two together until.
Speaker 1: After the fact, and I said, oh, wow, okay, so I don't think I think, man, she made it clear that she was attracted to me. I mean kind I mean, she kind of said it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, says a Paula is kind of fine. Yeah, you felt that she was letting you know that she was attracted to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't using that as a as like a as a toy or a pond, you know, to put on the board and move it around. It was just like, okay, cool, you know she verbalized it. I mean I was like, I just kept it to myself. So she's a nice looking woman. I just kept it to myself. She verbalized it, But.
Speaker 1: I just thought that she she had a good, good personality, is what is what I liked about it.
Speaker 2: When did you realize your wife had a problem with your friendship with Kenya?
Speaker 3: Well, I realized it when I think I saw Kenya doing an interview or something, and I know that during that time, a lot of new people, so you learn a lot in this business. And just backing up a little bit while being on this show, you know, in hindsight, there's a lot of things I'm sure you wish you would have did different and or and then you learn from it. When you get the opportunity again, you can implement those changes.
Speaker 1: For me the same thing.
Speaker 3: And I think we we skimmed over a little bit prior to doing this interview about how, you know, just having that person, you know, I think when you come new into the celebrity or new into a platform, you need that person that can kind of coach you and guide you and let you understand, okay, whether if it's product placement or whether it's you know, working the proper contract or what to say, what not to say, you know, pr or whatever. And then some people don't even have the revenue to afford things like that, so then you don't want to find yourself and you know, being misrepresented and so forth. But I say that to say that I wish that, you know, we would have been better coached. But see, I think I think I was thinking that you know, phased the fact that she was, you know, IP attorney during that time that she had this whole thing kind of mapped out, because I did go I signed on that dotted line based on the fact that we're signing as a family, and we're doing this as a family, You're gonna protect me and cultivate me.
Speaker 1: And like vice versa, right, And that wasn't the case. But that's that's later down the line, maybe in this interview. But when I saw can you do her interview? I thought she did well.
Speaker 3: And she's already been down that road before, but I thought she really did well and how she answered the questions and so forth, and I thought, you know, you know, I look sometimes at the shows and I said, oh, man, that makeups looks good, or you know, you learn these things, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that man that makeup, don't look at the camera's not hitting that right.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at all this stuff, right, So I thought, you know, everything was good, but it wasn't in like.
Speaker 1: A flirtatious way.
Speaker 3: So I said, I sent her a message and I said, you did well, So I like you dressed you did well. And I think she responded back thanks blah blah blah, and phaser.
Speaker 1: Seeing that, I think I believe she said thank you, babe. Right, I don't remember, but okay, let's just say she did. Right.
Speaker 3: Fader didn't take kind to that, but here it is is now. I don't know if that was in I mean, some people might say that was inappropriate. I didn't think it was inappropriate. I mean, hell, we're all on this platform together, right, we're all.
Speaker 1: How did pay to see that? You go through your phone? She went through the phone while you were asleep. No, we were right there.
Speaker 3: Well, we were kind of like laying there and I was like whatever, and she I think something happened.
Speaker 1: I just know a shoe came flying by me and the guy and then shoe hit the hit the wall. Yeah, like she literally threw the shoe at me through a high hill at me. Wait what Yeah, she's seen it and through the high hill and uh yeah, I had my back turned. So she's back there, and I'm so I sleep on the side of the bed that's closer to the wall.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember that house. Did you go to the yes, yeah, and the one and bucket the one in yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's like a little area goes straight to the bed when you come in. So I was sitting on that side, and that whole open area is over there, so she threw the shoe and and then it goes down from there, and I'm just like, and then that's I guess that fueled her to say, why are you you know, doing this with my husband? Da da da da? And then Kenya goes on the defense like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: At first it was like, then it just gets a little more deeper and deeper.
Speaker 2: You know, it definitely got deeper, so much so that obviously you know when you guys were in Anguilla and you threw Kenya in the pool.
Speaker 1: No, that's not how that happened. Okay, that's not how I was. I didn't work that season. You tell me you run it back ahead, talk to me.
Speaker 3: I'm there, chilling, all out, chilling there, Greg niney rest in peace. They're over there. Uh Fhager's over there with them in the cabana portioning cradels over here, and I don't know, Peter's somewhere right there, and I'm there chilling talking to the guys.
Speaker 1: She walks by and she pushes me in the pool. Mm hmm, that's what she did.
Speaker 3: And then you know, she makes her little side eye and she does her little comments under her breath. I don't know what she's saying, right, but the camera's called it. And so I get oh, it's game on, playtime, let's go all competitive. Yeah, So I get out the pool and quite naturally, she's going in that water. So that's when I scooped her up and we jumped in the pool. So it wasn't like I just gonna come and pick this woman up and she she got a man there and I'm just gonna throw in the water. No, I'm not that you know that raising but you know I could be, but not that night, so that I mean, you know, so people, you know, they I didn't see anything wrong with man. We were all having a good time. People were drinking more on vacation, come on, but hey, it's for the tvous reality TV, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that, you know, listen, it was evident that and listen, what started was a healthy conversation amongst couples was appropriate or inappropriate, so much so that I again, correct me if I'm wrong. I do believe Kenya texts you thank you, babe, and a lot of women said a single woman should never text a married man the word babe, and Kenya has apologized for that, right because.
Speaker 1: Again is what you said.
Speaker 2: We were learning how to navigate through this, and I also think you just learned, like I'm being competitive to this woman because you know, she pushed me in the pool. First, I'm gonna get her back, and my wife is there, so I'm not trying to do anything, you know, because my wife is there. But then it became something crazy when conversations started to occur where you accuse Kenya of trying to suck your dick, and that's when things became.
Speaker 1: That's not funny but crazy. I was thinking about some other stuff too.
Speaker 2: Did you tell Faedra that because you wanted to just get her off your case and get the hell out of your head?
Speaker 3: Well, a couple of things, if we're I didn't know that the show was going to get so convoluted and that it was going to be like an eye for an eye and everybody's gonna do that, because that's not because if you recall like the very first the first year, right, I was there, but I wasn't really there, true, right, So I didn't. It wasn't until like maybe something happened at one of the reunions where it was like I think Stephen was he was back there and he was like, says something to me, like something like you can talk or something like that. He was making a joke and was like, dude, why don't you express yourself? Like how come you just always stay dormant? He was like, man, you did really well, like why aren't you speaking? And I was just like, well, you know, fuck it out all right, cool, Okay, I'll do better next time, yes, And so I started coming out of my shell a little more, and I didn't know that it was gonna be to the point where everybody is going to just try to, you know, rip your soul out and always take you know, and take everything for face value.
Speaker 1: And so when we were having just like I say, if all of us went on.
Speaker 3: Vacation and we're friends per se, and we're all friends, and we all dying together, we all go out together, we all do these things together. I wouldn't have a problem if if my wife said, babe to you are if you and her were.
Speaker 1: I got homeboys.
Speaker 3: Now like shoot me and Sharen has gotten into situations and I'm some man might find it messed up, right, My boys will take make sure that my wife is okay, give her a car to drive to come home and she drunk, take care of whatever. Because we're friends, so I don't think nothing about it. And if she calls them babe or says, oh you look good, babe or whatever, I don't. I don't look at that.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I mean, my relationship is a little different my friends. The way we roll is different. I don't I don't feel intimidated by anything like that. But now on the other side of.
Speaker 3: It, when we're at that reunion, I wouldn't have said nothing. It's like this, I've let by guns be bygones, I let everything be chill. But when Kenya she did open her mouth and start saying stuff about I've been texting her and although stop your man from texting me and da da da da. Nah, you don't do that because there was did anybody look at the text messages.
Speaker 1: And see what was all in the text messages?
Speaker 3: There could have been a lot of things that was inappropriate in the messages, okay, but once you put that out there, that's when I said.
Speaker 1: Okay, all gloves are off.
Speaker 3: You know what Okay, since we're gonna put on we're on this TV show and y'all want to act stupid, let's act stupid.
Speaker 1: Since that's what you want to do. Okay, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 3: First of all, you shouldn't have opened your mouth and said nothing about You shouldn't have said nothing that. You should have just left that out and y'all just argue about whatever y'all arguing about.
Speaker 1: But now you feel like you Yeah, you came from me. I'm sitting back.
Speaker 3: Here on the chair or wherever I was that right there on the side. Dude, you should have never opened your mouth because I didn't open my mouth about you. I didn't say nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't say I've never said anything about you. You started it, not me. That's how I felt about it.
Speaker 2: So you felt it was an eye for an eye going back to this competitiveness like you did this. I'm going to get at you. And is that the reason why you did lie about what she was trying to offer you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the reason. But also it was also a lot of it was calculated too, because this is why if you look at the whole thing, Okay, and people can everyone has an opinion. I feel like a lot of that ride, A lot of that ride was based on her notoriety. I think a lot of that came with the coreum between her and Phaeder. Right, Oh, that was a beef, right me.
Speaker 3: Then after that post that, it came the infidelity situation that rode on for a whole season.
Speaker 1: I go to prison. So the part that this is the other part.
Speaker 3: So how I turned around and I'm thinking about the longevity, about Phaser, about the longevity of the show, about her still having a staple in the program. So the best thing I can do is it's a ripple effect and people don't see that, but you have to put you have to put those pieces out there, and you have to look long term. So I looked at it when I made that statement, and I did what I did because it was part of it was calculated. So when I do what I when I did what I did, I'm looking three four seasons down the line, like this can't just cut off like this, There's no way. So now by me going to prison and me telling everybody at Peter's restaurant at the bar one that this was all a lie, then I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a lie. Now, oh shit.
Speaker 3: So now once I go outside and I apologize to Kenya, now here you go all this other shit and then people don't really know if it's true or not true.
Speaker 1: So then here you go.
Speaker 3: Now everybody's gonna talk about this, talk about that, and then I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to weigh her. Phaser can figure it out down the line, whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: So you were trying to set up Phedra to have staying power on the show. You knew you were going away because one thing about the night of Bar one. I remember talking to you and you felt like, I just want to clear the air before I go in, yep, And you were like, lows, I want to say this to her. And Faedia wasn't there that night, and you know you have the courage to, you know, admit that to Kenya, who at the time.
Speaker 1: She said she felt that.
Speaker 2: She had like this scarlet letter on her, that she was somebody who would offer filatio to marry man.
Speaker 1: And I believe what she said.
Speaker 2: I'm paraphrasing, but she she felt like the world thought she was that type of woman who would do that to a marry man. Kudos to you, obviously, you know, admitting to it, A lot of people did want to know.
Speaker 1: If Faeder put you up to that.
Speaker 2: No, you did that all in around, and she believed it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she believed that part. Yeah, she believed.
Speaker 3: It because I mean I just stood my I just stood my ground.
Speaker 1: I stood my ground, you you know, and you know I still felt how I still felt, how I felt about You know, a man knows how far I think he can go with a woman, you know, given the given the circumstance.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't think and I'm not minimizing it. I'm not saying it didn't hurt her, right. It might have hurt her emotionally, it didn't hurt her financially either one.
Speaker 1: Either one, either one.
Speaker 3: It hurt both of them emotionally, but financially it didn't hurt and for as their career, it didn't hurt. And you know, you're not gonna be who's looking at you interpersonally. If whatever your preference is and whatever you choose to do as an individual, who's looking at you whose opinion really matters, that's an interpersonal thing. So if someone's the world is looking at you as being a hormonger, looking at you as being a person who offers married men filatio.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? Who says that? Who's really saying that to you? Nobody.
Speaker 3: You're just going by what might be in the media. You might go by what's being on the tweets at that time or the Instagram post or whatever it is the comments. But overall, I'm not saying I'm not negating the fact that the individual might have been hurt and felt humiliated.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. But but if I'm a married man and you know that I'm married, and you take a jab at me telling my wife on National TV, tell your husband to stop texting me or what whatever? That looks bad? What does that look like I'm doing?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Did you consider that? Nobody considered that part.
Speaker 3: That's why I just did what I did and nipped it in the bud right then and there and just said, okay, let's go for this ride.
Speaker 1: Then let's go for this ride. Because you're already.
Speaker 3: If you're in a relationship and a person tells you that your significant other and our husband is texting me another person of interest, what are you gonna speculate? It ain't gonna be good.
Speaker 1: You're gonna speculate the worst.
Speaker 2: What happened after you guys were going home after the reunion when she said stop texting me because at that time Phaeder was pregnant and she obviously is dealing with the pregnancy, dealing being emotional. Was there an argument on the way home after the reunion? I'm like, are you what do you mean? You texted her stuff like that thing?
Speaker 1: Man, I was about to say, Sharin, No, so face your nine. We don't. We really didn't argue like that, you know, there was no there was. She says what she says, I say what I said. We more so would talk about certain things. First.
Speaker 3: No, there was some times that we would jump the gun, but we tried to work on that, Like, hey, before we just jumped the gun, let's just ask the question, Mari Nate. Because she's an attorney too, you got to think like she tries to be calculated as well. So it's like, okay, she might throw something out there, ask the questions like, all right, cool, you want to talk about it now, you want to answer it later, get your lie together, the type of thing, you know. But no, we didn't really discuss it at all. I mean, you think about what we're dealing with other things. We got a newborn coming in, we got to figure out other stuff. So it's just like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna stand on my ground.
Speaker 1: That's what it's gonna be. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Because remember the text messages was back in I think it was whenever she was on that on the show when I said to shoot flying a question.
Speaker 1: So, but what we make her say that?
Speaker 3: At the reunion? Why would she throw me under the bus? She was mad at Phaser for what? What was the what was the topic of conversation. I think maybe Phaser said something about you want my man or something. I can't remember exactly how that started.
Speaker 1: But now you had a listen that season.
Speaker 2: So season seven is when you got sentenced and you were on the way of going to jail. During that season is when you discovered that your wife, speaking of texting, was texting another man that was labeled mister Chocolate. How did you find that out? You did you go through her phone too?
Speaker 1: See, yes, I went through her phone. I went through her phone.
Speaker 3: She used to safeguard her phone like it was like I don't know, man, kind of like they do down at the Federal Reserve.
Speaker 1: You know and uh, this particular day, Aiden had or no Dylan, so one of them had a rash.
Speaker 3: And you know, back when, I don't think people was just touching the iPhone and turning the camera on from the screen. They had to open the phone and go to the camera. I'm on camera the flashlight, not camera, the flashlight. So we were in the room back then, I don't think she wanted to turn the lights on, so she used the flashlight to look and it was like, I'll not forget this. So that morning we were going, I wanted to make sure that you know, my children travel a lot, and you know, both parents have to be present for the passport and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I did all the dogs.
Speaker 3: Want to make sure that all their passports were up to date while I was gone. While I was gone, so we had an appointment to go get the passports to go send the applications and stuff in at the post office. So while we're getting ready to go, I see the phone with the light on. It means the phone's open. She goes to the other room. I take the phone. I go upstairs. I go in Dylan's room. I hide off in there and I'm going through the phone, and I see all these messages with her and the guy flirting her, sending him these pictures and talking about you know.
Speaker 1: I mean it was all they showed it, all this all online.
Speaker 3: How she had a couple of drinks, she's feeling a certain way and I just unappropriate shit, and how she can't wait for me to leave. So I guess that they can do whatever they're doing. I mean, hell, that's what she texted, not me, you know. And I don't know if you remember I did that interview not too far from mirror. Yeah, so all and then at that point I came downstairs and I was like, I was pissed off at the same time, there's an agenda. So I told her mom. I said a couple of things to her mom. Her mom was in disbelief, said some things to her. We got in the car and handled our business. I didn't yell at her in the car, none of that stuff. I just said, you know what, we're gonna handle our shit. We'll deal with this like later. That's how you look at me, that's what you feel, okay, cool. I don't expect I really didn't have any expectations me going to prison. You what you gonna hold it down, You're gonna you know, I really didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it feels like to know that in a matter of days you're going to be sentenced to prison for five years and what that does to a person's mental right. And that's why there's no judgment here how you handled it, because I have no idea what that feels like. I don't know what it's like to know you get sentenced, but you're you're able to, you know, be free in the world. But in the back of your mind, you know there's an end day of you being you know.
Speaker 1: It's like your interin. Let's just say, imagine this is your road and that this box right here and this is the cliff, right, So you're on this little.
Speaker 3: Train and it's echine, but you know it's evitable. You've got to get to the ends some point. Right it's inchin and you're gonna fall off, but you know that you're just kind of just doing what you're doing, living every day, basically surviving, but internal you're eating alive. And the problem is with that my relationship and my wife at the time, there was nothing cultivated. There's no love. It was dark, it was like you turned your back on me. That's how I felt. So when I mean what, I'm going to continue to feel that way. Why, Okay, let me tell you why. And that's how she thinks that Charene. There was a lot of infidelity and this person cheated and Scharene was sleeping with a marry man. That's not true. That's not true because what happened. I met a person through one of my good friends, my childhood friend, which was Scharen. I met her through Gordon and during that time, I met Sharene the second. That's when I think Beyonce and jay Z started doing the butt Fest in Philadelphia. That's like a big thing they do. They shut the whole Center city down or something like that. It's it's a big thing. And they got like ten stages. It's real big. So I meet her through my friend on September second of twenty twenty three, just as friends being out.
Speaker 1: There was nothing about it. You met her September second, twenty No, sorry, twenty thirteen. I'm sorry. Yeah, it's glad, glad you come, yeah, twenty thirteen, September second, I was already we were already going through stuff. Phaser and nine. It was already tromoltuous. We were already trying to figure out Even before we went and bought the house. We were thinking about, hey, is this the right thing to do?
Speaker 3: But then she gets pregnant with Dylan, It's like, okay, maybe we should work this out.
Speaker 1: Stick things in, let's just figure it out. So October thirteenth or October twelfth is when the Secret Service came, and that's when we knew, Okay, this is what's about to happen.
Speaker 3: Don't know when, but at some point, you know something's gonna shake. I mean I already knew that because once they, you know, did their little warrant and all that stuff. So when I first told Phaguer about it, she kind of just turned the blind eye to it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is serious. Oh whatever.
Speaker 3: So then life continues to go on, so I have no one to talk to. So once that happened, I jump on a plane. I go see my guy in Philly, and I went and I saw Cherene and we talked, and I laid on her couch and it was the warmest feeling ever.
Speaker 1: The couch or her body. No, at the couch. She was in the kitchen. She's a chef.
Speaker 3: She cooked, so she was in the kitchen but she was doing something and we were just talking and I just kind of shut down.
Speaker 1: I wasn't myself and she was like, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: And I just broke down and I was just telling her like, I feel really bad because I'm about It's not about what happened. Yes, I'm remorseful for that, but it was more so I'm about to leave my children. All I could think about is relationship that I had with Aiden. Dylan was one, but I was about to leave my little boy. You know, I'm about to leave me a little guy, and that's fucked up. He's gonna he needs me, Like this is fucked up. And that's how I felt. And then she was just like and I was like, man, it feels like my wife has just turned her back on me. I have no one to talk to. I don't want to throw my business out there in the streets.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So at that point it was really two people. It was her and Gordon for the most part.
Speaker 1: That I was like, you know, confiding in and so if I have people, you know, people are like my guy, you know, Bun. He was supportive, but here it is I'm laying on the sofa and she just looks at me and she holds my hand and says, like, you know, just chill stop, you know, don't cry. It's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: I'm your friend, she says, I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: You need me, I'm here for you. Cool.
Speaker 3: So all the time we would talk on the phone all the time. It was just more so like it was moral support. It's a lot of moral support. So then when the next episode came, I'm still talking to phase of trying to she's still not really trying to hear me out. I remember when I think the next thing was like an arraignment or something. She wasn't present. Then when it came time for you know, for the attorneys and stuff like that. You know, there was some some pivotal moments like she was she was present for that. You know, she was present for that. Financially, she helped out. But here it is collectively, we're we're husband and wife, right, We're supposed to share, right, everything is shared and so forth.
Speaker 1: So I felt a certain way about that.
Speaker 3: Then as it started getting a little thicker, because we're getting we're getting into it to fourteen now, and there's a couple of chain of events that occurred with you know, legally where she's not available, and at that point, I'm just like, man, you know what, this is not for me.
Speaker 1: You thought the marriage was at that point.
Speaker 3: So you've basically just your your image and your career is more important than what's going on right here. But remember you known me and all of this before, because remember we got on the show together. It's not like you got on the show then brought me on the show. No, collectively we made this. Yeah, you had the segue, you know, getting us on the show, but at the same time, it was collective effort. And I've been there from day one, day at the camera's roll, even on the interview day one at the office. So I just felt like you just started to just really turn and I really saw that. Let me tell you when I really really seen that is and I'm glad this happened.
Speaker 1: Was when.
Speaker 3: And nothing about like Sharene and my brother and everyone he was a support to. Michael was a big support. But when you got a person who takes you to prison to self surrender and that rids with you the whole time and it never waves every phone call, every visit, I mean from Kentucky to Jersey, you know, being in Atlanta and then being away from their child at the time, that goes a long way, you know, because they have obligations too, But then they're still committed as a friend. They're committed to their friend. And you got people out there that just like that, you know. When I came back, Oh and a matter of fact, and the same person that picks you up when it's time to go home, you know, So it goes a long way. But that day that I came to the house, the very last time that I was filmed on Bravo prior to me coming back, there was a Caucasian guy at the house. I don't know if he's a pr I don't know who he is. I don't know what someone's you know, put in this gentleman's head. This guy thought that somehow either Faser made me or that house belonged to her, that I'm just I don't know what he's conjured in his head, that I'm just some bum, that I don't have nothing. I don't know what he thought, but literally, this man tells her. He tells me to get out of my house. He tells me to get.
Speaker 1: Out number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's definitely not gonna happen, right, and then he tells her that this is not good for your career. You need to leave him. This is what this guy is saying right in my four yer, right there at the house jet in bucket. So you know, I got really aggressive, not really aggressive, but like verbally verbal with the guy, A stern, not aggressive stern. I said, listen, you know it's probably how about you get out of my house? How about you get out? You know, I don't I don't need your services or whatever whatever was said. And at that point it just clicked. I said, you know what, someone's been really putting things in your head, you know, because this doesn't really depict who you are, who I known you to be a long time ago.
Speaker 1: This is not the same person, but you.
Speaker 2: Said, it's not the same lawyer woman you met when you got out of jail and who accused herself from the case, who said to you, I'll be with you, but it's gonna be serious, dropped her engagement to be with you, stuck by.
Speaker 1: You, to introduce you to this world.
Speaker 2: You felt that same woman wasn't having your back because so you felt, listen, you felt disappointed. I'm assuming, and you felt.
Speaker 1: Abandoned, abandoned, and betrayed. Man, you felt abandoned and betrayed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because look everything that I had, I shared, everything, everything I had I shared. I put everything that I could possibly do into whatever. And then here it is.
Speaker 1: We fall on some hard times and you just pun shoot the other way. That's not how That's not what love is about. That's not what friendship is about. You don't just run the opposite direction just because the pope. Do you know, and you talk about things that's relatable, do you know what I mean? Things have happened to people.
Speaker 3: It seems like TV tears people apart when it shouldn't. You're supposed to be strong enough to know that, Hey, look we're going through some shit right now.
Speaker 1: We need to fight through it. Let's figure it out. I'm here. There's no way that I can't see my kids for five some years. But the fact that says we're going to pay you to go up to the jail that's the only time I get to see my kids because you was compensated financially. That's wild, man, that's wild. So when you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so going back a little bit, when you saw those text messages between Phaedeor and Mitchell chocolate were you did you already meet Sharene or did you meet her after that?
Speaker 3: I think I think I already met her. I think so because the chalklate thing. So yeah, because the chocolate thing came. Probably, I want to say, after the new year, going into fourteen, I think so.
Speaker 2: So was it sort of like you two were mentally checked out of the marriage. She's supposed you know, she's texting another man. You're sleeping on another woman's couch.
Speaker 1: Now, I wasn't sleeping on the couch, not laying on I laid on the couch.
Speaker 2: So would it be fair to say that you two were mentally checked out around the same time for whatever reason?
Speaker 3: Hey, I think if people are mentally checked out, it should be a discussion.
Speaker 2: Did did Fedra know that that was your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: It don't matter because we're not even talking. She's not coming to see me, she's not supportive. I'm paid for my own phone calls to call my kids. You don't put money on my books. She don't send me a dime in jail, So what does it matter?
Speaker 1: All I asked her was one thing I said, don't not because we're not getting a divorce. Let's get this clear for everybody. The divorce was was was imminent, Okay, it was. Don't get a divorce while I'm in prison.
Speaker 3: Why because I want to sit down with our kids and let them know that we're at the impast Both parents love them equally. This is just what people go through, like just cultivating the children so they're not exposed to just oh, your mom and dad's not together no more, and whatever's in the media. Let's just ease them into what's going on a better understanding, because the way it is nowadays, husbands and wives they just break up and the kids are just left out there in the cold. They have no understanding. The parents are selfish. All I cared about is just allow my children to see it from a different perspective. Look, you got two houses, now, hey you got you know I'm gonna find somebody. She's gonna find somebody. This happens in life, not just leave it up to their own understanding, which that's what happened. And so Aida and nine. When I first came home, oh man, we just butt heads. He gave it to me like he put it on me. Thick you know we was a skis on it.
Speaker 1: He just basically just let me have it and then. But just like you, weren't different because he's oh man, he just had his own perception. You abandoned me and my mom. You wasn't there for me. How could you do this? How did you leave us like that?
Speaker 3: Why you know that wasn't the plan, buddy. You you put me in a different You put me in a whole nother situation if you would have been a little supportive. How many times did you tell my son or my sons that I loved him, are daddy Daddy loves you guys, and you know he'll be home soon? Or just how many times did you I guarantee you probably none, probably nothing. But these things helped they go along ways, you know. So when I say that, you know, uh checked out and all that stuff, I just could kind of see a lot of things coming beforehand.
Speaker 1: But when you show your true colors, your hand is exposed.
Speaker 3: So regardless of what I did once I went away, you were showing me already that you don't care. And you know the thing about it was, once I left Kentucky, I asked her, I said, hey, all I want to do is see my key.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'll pay for the flight, I'll have my brother to fly with them, I'll pay for a hotel, I'll pay for you to come. Whatever I needed to do.
Speaker 1: I needed you, guy. I needed to.
Speaker 3: See my kids. Because what that does, It gives me strength. It allows me to still keep fighting, to keep going. You know, That's all I wanted, and I couldn't get it, so I had to find.
Speaker 1: It from somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I had to dig from within and keep asking God just to like allow me to prevail and just give me that strength to keep going on.
Speaker 1: So then that's why I would call.
Speaker 3: We would have you know, I would always I would always write send them cards. I'd put chocolate in the cards and send it to them. I'll do whatever I could just to let them know that I loved them. And if my mom would get them, then at least she would say always try to tell him.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know your daddy loves you. Blah blah blah blah. That's all.
Speaker 3: But once I saw that, you know, it was pretty much she didn't care.
Speaker 1: So I was like, all right, cool, let's move on, move on, let's move on.
Speaker 2: So you moved on one of the things that happened that season two was you had your bikes and some belongings and Candy and Tod's garage, and then Phaeder found out and no, no, no, she's a nine nine Season nine, it was uncovered that your some of your belongings were in the garage, and that became a bonus contention between Phadri and Candy because Todd felt like, you know, he's my boy, I'm a lagat for him. But then you and Todd had a falling out doing this soon thereafter. What happened with this falling out that you and Todd had to the point you two almost gone to a physical fight at a at a club.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the I tried to speak on this topic before, right with.
Speaker 1: With I think, uh, somebody, it's on another another podcast.
Speaker 3: This was in twenty nineteen, and for everybody out there again, you know, hopefully you know Candy and Todd, someone can listen and understand where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll start with this back in and go back go to the front. As a friend. If you give me your watch to hold that expensive rolex that you have right well, then Apaulo, don't look they'll call me out.
Speaker 3: Now, go ahead, and you tell me, and you tell me to hold your watch for you, uh, and you're gonna come back and get it later on. And as a friend, I take your watch, and then the duration of you being gone to come back and get your belongings that belong to you, and I agree to hold your watch. We're face level now, really simplistic. Nobody should get lost in this conversation. And I misappropriate your things, whether someone steals it, whether I lose it, whether I'm moving and I break it, whatever happens.
Speaker 1: If I misappropriate your stuff, your watch, and you return to get your stuff and it's not there. Out of respect for you as a person, I owe you an explanation as to what happened. What happened? Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: I found out about my stuff being misappropriated on TV sitting in jail.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm in jail watching it on TV.
Speaker 3: And hence I get calls from my attorney not to call email from my attorney because you got like the core link system there saying you need to call me asap. And I find out about all this that now there's a seizure that I lied on my deposition on my because my case was too it was the criminal side, and then it was a.
Speaker 1: Forfeiture asset forfeiture and all that stuff. So all this starts unraveling. I'm like, what the fuck, what's going on? Okay?
Speaker 3: When I came home, Todd and I spoke on the phone, Todd would put money on my books at time. Okay, Todd would speak to my brother. Todd would, I think, email me sometimes when he's not busy. I would get this his emails. Nothing, nothing about that. When I came home, there was nothing about what happened. Hey, man, let me pull you to the side. Man, this is what happened.
Speaker 1: I just want to save my face or my wife whatever. Whatever happened. You never told me. Okay, you left it up for speculation, and speculation can drive a motherfucker crazy. So when you came home, was your stuff damage or was it gone? Yeah, the fans took it. The fads went to Canata's house and took the blog. Now we're going to go to the front. Okay, that's my stand on it.
Speaker 3: You at least owe me. I've never asked you for no money. I don't ask you to replace it. I didn't ask for none of that, never have I. I don't care about it. It's gone, okay. Yeah, I could be one of those people say, oh, you owe me some I don't care. It's not about the money. It's about the principle of saying, hey man, you gave me your stuff to hold, and somehow down the line that shit ain't there when you return. It's not that's just it's black and white. It's not there. Whatever happened in between there, I still deserve. I don't need to ask Phager what happened. I didn't give it to Phagor. I gave it to you and your wife.
Speaker 1: That's it. What happened.
Speaker 3: Now, whether I agree or don't agree, at least out of respect for an individual, you let them know what happened. Dude, I get your watch, and you come back to get your watch, and I.
Speaker 1: Just I don't hear you what I don't. I'm not even replying to what you're saying. And you might be a little what does that do?
Speaker 3: That's gonna fuel a little a little animosity, right, It's gonna make you feel a certain way. It's gonna make you feel like you're chumped off, Like I just really disrespected you. So that's on one token. You gotta take all that into consideration. So on the front end, it was more so like, look, I have these things off the record. I go over there because we were friends, I considered. So I met Todd under these other circumstances. I met Todd through his birthday party. There was some things that transpired. I won't even get into all that. He knows the real I was a genuine person. He was supposed to be a genuine person. I met Candy a while back. She seemed to be really cool. I thought everybody was cool. We were all good. You have this big house, you has multiple you have a lot of space. You're not utilizing that stuff right now. This is my thought. I said, hey, look they have another friend, Greg. Shout out to Greg. Greg's a real one. Definitely, definitely, definitely. But when I went over there, I just said, hey, look you at the house. Like, yeah, I'm at the house. I pull up, talk to him. Candy's inside getting a makeup done or whatever. I said, Yo, listen, I need you to run this by Candy. But this is what's going on with me. I mentioned him about I think I mentioned the whole mister chocolate situation.
Speaker 1: To him, he was like, damn you for real?
Speaker 3: Nod and then he I was like, looking, you go get Candy said, well, she's doing a makeup or whatever.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't think she in mind? Like, can you tell her to come out? Cool? Excuse me that little side door right there when you go up their driveway, she comes out the little side door right there, say yoh, what's up?
Speaker 3: I was like, look, man, this is what's going on. I want to talk to y'all together and let you know. You know, I appreciate everything y'all done for me over the years. You know, it's been a good one. But this is my first time letting them people know. It hasn't even hit yet that the Secret Service came and I could potentially be going away. Okay, nobody knows but me, my family, scharene in them, and my attorney. I haven't even told Bravo nothing yet. So I go to him. I said, look, this is what's going on. Can I put my stuff over here? How do y'all feel about that?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: When are you coming back? I said, well, I don't know. It could be you know, five six years. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, no problem, I said, look, just hold my stuff down. Here goes.
Speaker 3: I'm bring it up. When you're gonna bring it, I said, I'll bring it in a couple of days. Okay, just let us know it's safe here. You know it's cool with us, no problem. Took my stuff over there, left the keys, left my stuff.
Speaker 1: Here, you go. Well, it's supposed to be quiet as kept.
Speaker 3: Candy shouldn't go on Andy Cohen talking about my stuff being in their garage. This is a federal case, man, This potentially almost cost me five more years for perjury lying under oath. Okay, it's not a joke.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: It might seem like a good storyline, but but you're dealing with someone's freedom, So then I take that into consideration too.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I give you a pass, you know, because you don't really understand the judicial system and you don't know how these things work, and it seems like it's all fun and games, right because you guys are on the outside. But I'm literally in federal custody and I'm dealing with a situation here. And I came because I came to you because I felt like I trusted you. So you see how this is going now and you see where where here it is. I'm in the middle and why I feel the way I feel, and everybody has a story.
Speaker 1: We're not got to the point of how did or why did? We haven't got to that part yet about the misappropriation. It's still about the emotional and what's black and white? So here at that point, I leave my stuff there and then you know, Candy does her interview with Andy Cohen, you know, speaking about our relationship and how maybe it slipped out. I don't know, guess what, but it's out there. Okay.
Speaker 3: Then next thing you know, people are filming my stuff at their house. Why would you think because I'm hot at the time, the storyline's hot, me going to prison, all that's hot, it's popping, it's everywhere. That was a big moment for Bravo at the time on that show. What would make you think that it's okay to do it? What's to do?
Speaker 1: An episode? So about my stuff in your garage? What's the point? And you're watching this while you're in prison. Yeah, I'm watching this while I'm in prison, and you're just like, yes, got it, Yes, all hell's about the break loose now? Yeah, yep, all hell's about the break loose.
Speaker 3: So so at that point there was already so this is the thing, no explanation, nothing. So Todd was telling me and you mentioned about like altercation and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, So I did an interview and basically that was taking out of context too. You know, it was COVID.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody's at their house, drinking, having a good time whatever. You're just making the best of it. So me and Peter were doing an interview and it was more so like, well, how's your relationship with Candy and Todd?
Speaker 1: Just go look at the interview.
Speaker 3: The first thing that I said, I always give them their problems, I said, I I appreciate them as people.
Speaker 1: I still say it to this day. You know, I commend them on all their accolades and their achievements. I'm glad that you know.
Speaker 3: I'm very happy for their success and everything. I'll continue to say that. That never changes. Right, But I said, this is what I said. I said, Oh but okay, Feds come on over and take Apollo stuff. It's right here in my garage, y'all can have it. You know, I made that joke, right, And I said, you know, and then it kind of stemmed off and I think it was like what I said, Yeah, they fucking just told the police where my stuff was at? Right, not not discrediting the fact that did Fader put the segue and put it all out there. Faser never came out her mouth. This is what I could say. You could say it was fake FasR Faser, Fager right did it. Let's just say the stuff's at your house. Faser wasn't filming with you. Faeder wasn't at your house filming with you. Okay, that wasn't fag your's story.
Speaker 1: But if you're saying that no one made you film that episode, let's just say she We don't know. You can say all day long that part of this was because you know, Fader put it out there and they were talking about it, and this that and the third talk is talk if you would have never filmed it, per se, we don't know what the outcome could have been if you're verbalizing it on TV that my stuff is at your house or whatever. We just look at the timelines. But let's just say, let's just say that.
Speaker 3: Fader and Candy were talking about it, and they were filming them just talking about having lunch or something.
Speaker 1: Right, that's one thing.
Speaker 3: But the feds didn't come to their house based on a conversation. The feds came to the house based on actually evidence showing that these items were there. That's how they came to the house. You see, there's a difference.
Speaker 1: And then if you wouldn't have filmed that over here, the mere conversation that y'all had at dinner per se, we don't know what would have happened, But both things happened.
Speaker 3: The conversation, well, the Andy Cohen situation, perhaps the conversation that they're saying happened with Candy and Fhaser.
Speaker 1: And then here it is the filming of the items. So a lot of shit is in the mix here that here it is. But I'm in prison being puppeted. I'm the puppet, right, and someone just pulling my strings. Right, So when I made that statement, it was more so like dude, like, have a little bit of respect for me, man, like talk to me about it. What happened? Because I need answers too. Was it you guys? I get it.
Speaker 3: Did you make a mistake you didn't understand the magnitude of what was going on?
Speaker 1: I get it. Cool or was it phasier.
Speaker 3: Well that's a whole other situation, because that's real slimy, that's real snakish, you know what I'm saying. So that's a little that's something else I need to figure out. Now, Is this what's really going on?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So there's so many things and so many layers that need to be peeled back that I never got answers to. So all I was seeking was closure, and people took me seeking closure as trying to slander somebody or put someone under the bus, and that wasn't the case. And then so when we when I seemed todd out and the little situation happened, it was more so like dude, are you gonna.
Speaker 1: Talk to me?
Speaker 2: So'll y'all out and you see each other? Do you go up to him first he comes up to you.
Speaker 3: I go up to him, but not in any type of you know, I wasn't being aggressive or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I just went up to him and was.
Speaker 3: Like, first he had like his entourage there and I couldn't really get to Finally, man, I walk up to him. He's at the bar, and I'm like, look, man, when are we gonna talk? When are we gonna sit down like men and talk, and then it just kind of goes left field, and the next thing you know, he says something to Peter, and then you know, Peter says something to him, and then Peter has my back and saying, you know, he's a grown man. I'm gonna ride with him, a ride with Apollo. He's entitled to say whatever he wants to say. He feels a certain way, and however he feels, he's entitled to feel that way.
Speaker 1: Right, So it took. It was a while, man.
Speaker 3: Then I seen most recently. It was a couple months back, maybe right after.
Speaker 1: The New Year.
Speaker 3: Or no, sorry, maybe right before the New year, right after Christmas somewhere at that time. I see Todd at one of the establishments here in Atlanta, and I didn't know he was there, so I was in one spot.
Speaker 1: He comes.
Speaker 3: I'm going through the restroom. He's running upstairs. How about him and Peter? Something was going on downstairs. But come to find out, they were trying to squash everything. Let bygones be bygones. They agreed to put it behind them. Todd sees me and he's like, look, man, come downstairs, let's all talk.
Speaker 1: By that time Peter was gone, well, he really wasn't gonna He went upstairs to the third floor. Todd said, they're getting ready to close.
Speaker 3: The owner was there. I was like, look, we're just gonna stay here and chill and talk for a minute.
Speaker 1: So we talked.
Speaker 3: Todd somewhat understood where I was coming from. He was saying that, you know, he felt like it was coming from a different direction. And then he was just saying that he was a little apologetic that he wished that he would have had better devised a plan for when I came home. He wished that he would have been in a position to better assist me, not necessarily a financial position, but at least, you know, put different things in motion or what. And he just said that, you know, as a friend, he said, he genuinely was my friend, and you know, the friendship.
Speaker 1: You know, it's sad that it happened the way it happened.
Speaker 3: And again I was just trying to convey to him, but we were drinking at the same time, and I said, listen, I don't have no problem with you. I had no problem with you. I never had a problem with you. I have a problem with the circumstances with how everything well. I did have a problem with you, but it was more so based on the circums sensus and how everything unfolded. Then I saw him again after that, we chilled party together, We spoke on the phone.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to get together.
Speaker 3: I think there was some premiere something happened and we were supposed to get together.
Speaker 1: We didn't. I miss that. And then I saw him a couple weeks later and it was his daughter. They were all out.
Speaker 3: We were at the same spot and we partied ahead of the time.
Speaker 1: So we guys are good. It were good. We were don't sure.
Speaker 3: We don't chill to talk, you know, regularly, like we probably should try to, but still there's no closure.
Speaker 1: I don't but at this point I'm just like, you know, what fuck it? You know? At this point, if that's how it's going to be, I don't really know. But the meat of it is, like I said, you.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to know what happened, man, and even giving a heads up. So you've been in the news lately. There's been some text messages released. Obviously you and Sharine are married. There were text messages revealed that you are alleged or we're allegedly cheating on your wife with another woman. Some text messages revealed some things of I love you, I'm on my way to see you. This woman's talking about the perfume and she's wearing. There's a ring camera apollo of you at this woman's house.
Speaker 1: Are you cheating on Charene? Are you? It looks bad? It looks really bad. Is that you in the video?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's me in the video. It looks really bad. Well, first, I want to say, you know, I'm very apologetic. I'm very remorseful for what happened and the pain that I've caused, you know, my family, or the humility more so that I've caused my family and.
Speaker 1: That I call Charene. I know she's heartbroken, devastated by you know, what's happened. She's definitely scarred. I know that.
Speaker 3: But again it's like and just being candid. You know, every relationship goes through things, you know, people go through that. From an emotional standpoint, I just feel like there's no excuse. I'm not making an excuse.
Speaker 1: For what I did. What I did was wrong, allowing another woman that opportunity to I didn't cheat number one sex. I didn't have sex with the woman.
Speaker 3: No, because some people consider emotional ties cheating, you know, being emotional with someone. Some women have said, I prefer you to be to sleep with a woman, whether than telling our love her, or you're emotionally invested, you know. So I get that. You know it was wrong, So I'm not trying to, you know, make light of any of it. But no, I wasn't sleeping with the female. We never slept together. It was like this, I was going through a little situation on the home front. You know, maybe I could have did a better based on my experience and what's going on. I probably we both probably could have did a better job at or me per se do a better job at letting Sharen know, like, look, this is how I feel, this is what's going on. I think that right now where I'm at in my life, we might need to cultivate something here because you know, I'm feeling a different a certain way. So me and this individual we met probably like a year and a half ago, like met for the first time, but we didn't exchange information or nothing like that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't until maybe June of twenty three or July of twenty three that we met again. Exchanged phone numbers at time, and we've been talking ever since. Right. So, there was a situation at a rose where Serene saw the messages in my phone, not those messages, but like messages. She was mad. It's like, oh, you're dealing with this female. I'm like, no, I'm not really dealing with her like that. You know. Cool, We try to cut it off again.
Speaker 3: That was kind of easier said than done. Kept talking, kept doing flirting thing, kept talking. It was like, listen, she knows I'm married. She's dealing with her. Situation was like okay, but we just kept talking, really confiding each other.
Speaker 1: We got really close, you know.
Speaker 3: Then it came to like you might tell your friends you love them, or you tell your friends you miss them. There was things those messages that are not true, like the perfume. I never bought her any perfume for no Christmas. I didn't do that. When I said something about the baby, the baby, if you look at the under the text message, she says Happy New Year, Happy New Year, always going to Then she said it's gonna be a great twenty four. I said, yeah, it's gonna be great. You're gonna have a baby, lol. And I said, I can see your face right now, I'm dying laughing because she doesn't want any more kids and talks about how sometimes you know you want to wait till you have children and have everything in place. Blah blah blah. I was just a joke, but it says that. It says, lol, I can see your face right now, I'm dying laughing. This is me saying that or whatever, again, not making light of it.
Speaker 1: How did it get leaked? And the first get to that point, I'm sorry, yeah, so yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Again, you know, confiding in one another, and so it got to the point where was like, hey, you want to come over? So yeah, sure, I came over. When I came over, If you look in the video, there's no hugs or kisses in the video. Yo, it's me moving her out the way I sit on the thing. Now, that's an appropriate You shouldn't bet another woman's house married. I have my feet up on the on the coffee table, the sofa as if I'm comfortable.
Speaker 1: She puts her head in my lap. Not cool.
Speaker 3: Let's just say outside of that, Let's just say if we were friends and there was no text messages, are friends not allowed to interact? Like that, not making excuses, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I know, but it sounds like you love a comfy couch from yes. No, but it's uh, it's definitely was inappropriate. So so now I feel like I got.
Speaker 1: Caught up in a crossfire because she gets back with her guy. She's deal now, mind you.
Speaker 3: We decided at the last text message that you see, we decided to cut it off and say, listen, let's just quit. Okay, you got your situation going on. I need to work on my situation. We blocked each other. She blocked me, I blocked her. There's no way we can contact each other.
Speaker 1: That was the plan. It's like a little bit in January.
Speaker 3: So, come to find out, her guy suspects her dealing with someone else. He takes her phone. He knows her code. Listen, he takes her phone. This is another person taking the phone, right, he takes her phone. It sounds weird, But when he takes her phone, he's gone for twenty four hours, and he goes through the phone and sees the messages between her and I. He confronts her about dealing with a married man, and she says, no, I'm not dealing with him.
Speaker 1: We're just friends.
Speaker 3: So when I said, like, I'm coming over, I'm at the door or something, he takes those dates and cuts in the ring camera and goes through her ring camera because he has her phone. And then he recorded all that stuff and he found a media outlet and he leaked it to the media. That's how it got out there. It wasn't her, she didn't leak it. And how I found this out. You know how you have so if you have another media outlet that wants to run a story and so forth. Just being in this business, some of these people are kind of respectful. They might your heads up. So I got a heads up by one of them, and I was just like, well, well, we're going to see if this is uh, what's the validity behind all this?
Speaker 1: Will come to find out when the guy leaked the thing.
Speaker 3: They actually did a small interview with the guy based on like, well, how.
Speaker 1: Did you get this? You know, where did this come from? Did an interview? Well, not necessarily interview, I guess they they took notes as to how, oh like you said to to to see the validity.
Speaker 3: So he basically yeah, he basically said you know that. You know, he took her phone guys do this now. Man, it's some real girly stuff man that these men do. Man, it's wild. That's wild.
Speaker 1: That's wild. And how it's smaing today? She's not well? Are you two still together? You? We're still together, living together.
Speaker 3: We still live together. It's a little it's rough, not a little rough, it's rough. Yeah, it's rough.
Speaker 2: But how do you feel when people say, whatever, Scharene, you you, that's how you got them, that's what you're gonna lose them.
Speaker 1: But that's not true.
Speaker 3: A lot of people feel like, you know, yeah, you know, because people don't know the story.
Speaker 1: They think that just okay.
Speaker 3: So if, for example, if you're married on paper and you're gonna get a divorce.
Speaker 1: You could be with a situation like let's just take you know, Charene's system.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, Sharen was married, right, she didn't finalize her divorce until maybe twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen. Shit happens, right, some people just don't want to sign, or some people are indecisive or whatever. Right, but it wasn't finalized until later.
Speaker 3: You you don't realize, well, people don't realize that, you know, Phager and I continue to stay together, right, but no one broke up a happy home. The home wasn't happy, right, Okay, it was already on that on the outs. And if you get to that point where there's like an impasse and you just decided to go your separate way, it's your business. But see, you always got the outside speculation. Everyone's always going to speculate and come up with their own narrative. And what that's for. That's not healthy. What they're coming up with a narrative is to create again a storyline, to continue to create drama and to impose inflict more turmoil on an individual. Because these women read that stuff, you know, because she mentioned it before, because I know she reads it. You know it's not healthy. I don't get into that. I don't like doing that. And as you get into this business, the deeper you get into the business, you realize that that's not cultivating health, a healthy environment for yourself.
Speaker 1: That's not giving you that.
Speaker 3: So I just stay out of that realm of Okay, get the stories, ran, I see it.
Speaker 1: I was there, I lived it.
Speaker 3: Cool clearly, sharene should know that based on our relationship from the beginning, you know where I was at in my headspace. Now, women are very emotional and they say the down damn this things.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they I don't know where who teaches them these things that they say, But MANI shit cuts. And when you look at the pattern, it's like like you mentioned okay at a couch thing, right, even though we're joking about it, But yeah, there's some similarities there, but it's not I'm not saying like, oh, I'm not seeking to go run to this woman. I'm not gonna let's say, God forbid, if if Sharena and not get a divorce, God forbid, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna go be with that woman. Me and this woman.
Speaker 3: When I tell you we stopped talking and we were like, we stop talking. There's no thing. There's we're not we don't have a thing, you know. And but Sharena in her mind she feels like it's a thing. And all the time it's going to revert back to you did this to me, you did that to me, you know, And I'm wrong for that, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: It happened, and like what do you do?
Speaker 3: You either move forward or it's really simple, you can't continue to we can't continue to degrade one another, right, demoralize each other, you know, verbally, verbal abuse abuse.
Speaker 1: You're going to do two things on the table, there's a line in the middle. You've got divorce.
Speaker 3: Papers or we're going to get our act together. It's very simple. You don't want to how you're going to work on getting your act together. But then you keep throwing all these things out here that are, you know, demeaning. No one wants to be demean nobody wants to be emasculated, none of that stuff. You know, during these times, you need support or you need to figure out, like how to make better. You know, the speculation is terrible. And you know that's not my first time having little little situations happen, So that's what makes it even bad. I mean that's the first time it's been publicized. But you know I've had little little snippets, little things that's happened in my relationship with Sharen.
Speaker 1: That's not not the.
Speaker 2: Best, right, which is why now because it's so public, she's yealing with it differently on a different level. Well, look, I appreciate you, Apollo. You know you are a very private person. Now your business in development and real estate is booming. You're really doing doing well you and listen. For me, it goes to show you that, listen, you are a man who has owned up to his mistakes, but it doesn't define.
Speaker 1: You as a person. And the beauty of you is.
Speaker 2: You're able to walk away from a situation, serve your time, and not make that the end of your story.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So kudos to you for that and for showing.
Speaker 2: People that that doesn't mean you have to stay in that position, because you know, there's a lot of people who come home they it's hard to be embraced by the workforce and society. And obviously you have a lot of people supporting you, me being one of them who really wants to see you do well.
Speaker 1: And you are doing well.
Speaker 2: I mean you have a little bit how of sneakers, my brother, I want to call it my role Lex, I'm gonna call out the.
Speaker 1: Sneakers, you know.
Speaker 2: So you're doing very well for yourself. And look, we love you, you know, we want to see you back on TV. It was great seeing you the Mariative Medicine reunion. We want to see more of you.
Speaker 1: I was shining. You were great.
Speaker 2: You all the girls were starstruck, like, yeah, this is the Man, the myth, the legend Apollo like the Mary Woman was like, ah, pollow, So we want to see you back on TV. My last question, would you ever do reality TV again?
Speaker 1: Most definitely I would do TV in all aspects.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had an opportunity to understand the business, examine the business, the dudes and don'ts, the ups and downs, what it comes with, what it entails, you know. So yeah, it's a great platform. It's a great opportunity, and I think people should do it. I think they should educate themselves and take the educated route with it, and then.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a better experience. It's almost like, to be honest, like maybe a year before I went to prison, I really because at first I was like, it's like a wave, Like if you're in the ocean, there's no way you're gonna be able to beat that thing. Okay, it's either you need to ride with it.
Speaker 3: Just get on your little board and go out there and wait for the wave to come and just push you on it. So I started doing that, taking that approach, and men, I really enjoyed it. Like the last couple of years I was on TV, I really had a great time like I wasn't really it was great.
Speaker 1: You get did you go after food? Go eat? If you get you get your hair done, you know, get your go, get your hair cut, you know, put your nice clothes on, put your put your trip for me, go act the idiot and go and go get paid. I had a great time.
Speaker 2: Well good, well, well, well do more of it? Yeah, do more of it. We miss you on TV. And thanks for brother, Thank you, thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality with the King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals baby, my expression. Yeah, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Ragin entertainment, baby