Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Stretton and now your hosts, Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. We are live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC studios. It is now officially week twelve of the NFL season, and we are going up against the Caroline or excuse me, not the Carolina They've already taken down the Carolina Panthers, or beat the Kiddy Cat thirty three to ten. Was that beat down all right? Nate Newton, he called him the Carolina kiddies all weekness.
Speaker 4: And it was all he called what he called they ended up being. But they're taking on the Washington.
Speaker 2: Commanders on Thursday Thanksgiving showdown at at and T Stadium. We've got Isaiah stand Back, John Machoda back in the building.
Speaker 4: Nick Harris, Chris Beam.
Speaker 2: First off, John, it's the first time you've gotten to see Nick Harris alive after Friday's show.
Speaker 4: What did you think? I know you were watching because you were texting it in the middle of it.
Speaker 5: I was not surprised that he handled it as well as he did.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, that's real.
Speaker 6: That's a real support right there.
Speaker 7: And went in thinking that it would be very entertaining from the you know, hot sauce perspective. Did not think that the whip cream would steal the show. And I say that as a person who's probably watched man at least thirty maybe more of those hot ones.
Speaker 5: Interviews on YouTube.
Speaker 7: That you know they go through that process of means yeah, eating I don't know, eight ten wings and then the hot sauce keeps getting hotter and hotter, and so watching those you've seen, I've just seen so many different things that people have done, whether it be drink beer, water, milk, milkshakes, ice cream, and ever. I've never seen the whipped cream and somebody did that. I'm like, they need to incorporate that because it like.
Speaker 8: It was it set up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was set up. I don't know if you guys know that or not, but that was a setup.
Speaker 5: That was That was amazing.
Speaker 4: Isaiah Isaiah told me good lot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Isaiah was like, I'm gonna get him some whipped cream, and I was like really, I was like why.
Speaker 4: I was like, I've never heard of that same thing of what you're saying. I was like, I've never heard of.
Speaker 2: Anybody using whipped cream before. He's like, trust me, it's worth it.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, dude, whatever.
Speaker 9: Nobody, You're not going to turn down whipped cream if it's sitting in front of your face and your mouth is on fire.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's no chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've already finished one of those bottoms. By the way, did you Oh yeah, Oh you did good stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed that.
Speaker 6: Don't go there.
Speaker 4: I also tracked.
Speaker 5: I also enjoyed Isaiah. Isaiah's impression of me.
Speaker 10: You like that?
Speaker 11: Oh god?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was cracking up at then said like I laugh though.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that was great.
Speaker 7: It lived up to the expectations. And a lot of times when you build something up like that, it doesn't. But no, that was that was great man. Like I said, the whip cream really took it, took it over the top there.
Speaker 5: That was hilarious.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite episodes of all time. It's not my favorite episode.
Speaker 4: Go back and watch it. It's on YouTube. It's Friday show. It's it's called coming in Hot is uh is the name of the show.
Speaker 5: So at what point where you got back to one hundred percent goodness?
Speaker 6: Probably not until like one pm that day, honestly, Yeah.
Speaker 5: My mouth, Oh that day you were fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah that day I was fine.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was shocking, like my my mouth. It probably took a good couple hours.
Speaker 5: So like it was, it was yeah, so like you couldn't taste anything.
Speaker 10: I could taste things. It was just everything was hot. Yeah, everything was like the web cream was hot.
Speaker 6: Like it was. It was just a hot day for me.
Speaker 4: Hot day.
Speaker 9: Oh how fire Yeah, hot fire.
Speaker 4: What were your thoughts on the game?
Speaker 5: John very similar to the Giants game?
Speaker 7: Mm hm, Gonya say, it's my first time they've ever been at a at a game where usually before games, I don't sit in the press box.
Speaker 5: I like to walk around switching as a stadium.
Speaker 7: I haven't been to a bunch and I'm sitting there and I see Jimmy Johnson's down there, and then I see that you tweet that there's a twelve forty press comerce. I'm like, Oh, I better get back up there, and I'm thinking they're going to really do this, like ten minutes for this game start, So that was that was a stunner to me. And honestly, I mean, had I missed like the first three series because of that. I can't think of another game where I didn't watch the first three series, so I had to go back and watch those just because of that was going on at the time. So that was That's, frankly, will be the thing that I always remember from that game. And then on the feet able to just like just talking to some people that cover the Panthers, I just knew it wasn't gonna be good for them.
Speaker 8: I mean, they're in a.
Speaker 7: Bad spot like every like the whole thing. It's not just on the field, it's off the field, coach all that. Like, they're not in a good spot there. So it would have been bad if the Cowboys would have lost that game. And hey, when they cut it to seventeen ten, there was a little bit of that like leaning forward in your seat like are they going to let them back into this game? And then I say, my biggest takeaway on the field is probably just that how is Deron blank continue to do this. I mean, it's it's one thing to get the interceptions. Hey, that's and that's impressive in itself, but to have four pick sixes in one season.
Speaker 5: I've been playing.
Speaker 7: Football for a long time, you know, and you look at the list of people that have done that, and it's not very long, and it's not like it just happens, Oh yeah, every three or four seasons you'll get one of these.
Speaker 5: It's very rare that that happens.
Speaker 7: And I think that how much time he's got to possibly get number five. And I don't know why, but it just stands out more to me just because just being around him over the last you know, year and a half, he's just such a quiet dude, doesn't really say much. And for a guy that's making those type of plays of the cornerback position, usually think of someone that would like, you know, have some dances and things like that, and he's not like that at all. He's just completely like laid back, quiet, keeps to himself. And then after the game, I don't know, I think the thing that shot out to me I kept thinking about is just how you have this nucleus of him Mike and Trayvon Diggs that you can build on. I mean, they're all in their early twenties. How big that that could be, you know, going forward on that side of the ball. Just because of the time I've covered the Cowboys has mostly been very offensive driven, and now they got these key pieces on defense.
Speaker 2: It really is crazy because I mean the list, like you said, it's four names, and the last time it happened was nineteen eighty three. Is the last time that somebody had four pick sixes in a season?
Speaker 4: And we're ten games in. There's so much room left to work.
Speaker 2: And if you even take away the four pick sixes, let's say he doesn't have a single pick six this season.
Speaker 4: He's still having a phenomenal year, fantastic year.
Speaker 2: But the fact that he scored four touchdowns which ten games end of the season, it's more than Tony Pollard, It's more than Brandon Cooks, more than most of the key pieces not just in Dallas, but on the offensive side of the football in the NFL. Four touchdowns is a that's a great year for anybody. And he's out there doing things like that.
Speaker 9: Isaiah, Yeah, I mean, he's taking care of business. I actually went back and reviewed all of his interceptions last night, and you know, I think there's only one that kind of fell into his lap. Outside of that, he went and got every single one of them. So I mean, he's making plays. He's not falling into plays. He's literally positioning himself, whether he's closing in on receivers, you know, from being two or three yards away the ball gets released and he closes that gap by accelerating ridiculously fast, or he's going up in high pointing the ball, or he's just being Johnny on the spot. No matter what it is, he's just he's playing really good ball right now.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: But even aside from the aside from the turnovers, this dude, his coverage is at top of the league right now. So that's the thing that people need to spend more ten on as well. Obviously, the takeaways is awesome. We did the same thing with Trayvon and and dB last year when they had those takeaways, but they're consistent. Actual defense against receivers game in and game out, outside of turnovers is something that he needs to be praised for.
Speaker 7: What is impressed you most, Like, let's just take the one from Sunday, because the way that that route starts, he's kind of behind a little bit. Yes, and so there's a part of me where I'm kind of like, is the closing speed the most impressive thing?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 7: The ability to get back to his feet and then the run back down the field?
Speaker 5: Like, what do you think what stood up most to you?
Speaker 8: I mean three yards?
Speaker 9: So he was beat by alignment, just purely off the ball, right, nothing he can do about that.
Speaker 8: He lined up outside the receiver.
Speaker 9: The receiver decides to run a shallow route, you know, going away from where he is, so right off the back, he's losing on the route. Okay, the receiver goes all the way across. The receiver made the mistake of going of drifting upfield. It's something that they are very adamant about teaching receivers. When you're running a shallow route or a drive route or anything across the formation, you stay flat. Right, So say if I'm running down a twenty yard line, you want to stay across the twenty yard line and maybe even come down hill. You never want to drift up field because it allows that defensive back the slit, the slight opportunity to come underneath your your route. Now, and that's exactly what the d around blind did. The receiver started drifting upfield, maybe about a yard or two, not even too maybe about a yard upfield, and that little bit of an angle up allowed around Bland and he came flat the entire time and he accelerated, took that ball straight out of it and tumbled, got up, did a twinkle toes and kept it going.
Speaker 7: I will say this, and maybe you guys will disagree with me on this, but the effort of that wide receiver just was so indicative of where I think the Carolina Panthers are at.
Speaker 5: Like it's just like it's it's weird.
Speaker 7: But I'm just saying, like just covering football, there's like things like that that will happen that you can just tell like, yeah, stuffs probably not going well over there. Like without I'm just saying, you didn't get to know. They're not even gonna tell you what the records of the two teams are. Just well, just watch this play real quick, like you who do you think is having a good seat and whatever?
Speaker 5: Just like the whole way that I also.
Speaker 7: Thought it from our perspective, like, man, we would be certainly criticizing that that after effort.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's that's what I've talked about.
Speaker 9: When we're sitting up here and I'm saying, you know, somebody's like, oh well this players on and off or these guys you know lost to this team. I'm like, players literally have the ability to turn it off, turn it on, and if your season's not going well, guys are getting the same check regardless. People don't like to hear that, right, but it's everybody has a day where they going to work.
Speaker 8: And they kind of check a box.
Speaker 9: Is that's saying that's something that you're proud of, but everybody has those days recheck a box. When you're losing, and you're losing team and you're playing a game that can literally mess up your physical well being, you're not doing anything extra. If things are in shambles, You're like, Okay, I'm doing my job, doing my job. Oh that happened, Oh well, well they're not gonna change anything, you know. That's that's your natural instinct for most guys. It's just like for what, you know, if your coaching staff is messed up, if you're having issues with your coaches and the front office is trash, if the training staff is out there, you know, doing some you know shenanigans on the back. And there's a whole lot of things that go on within a professional football organization that will lead players to turn the switch off, and when things are going well, it's easier and easier than not just to keep it off.
Speaker 4: Is that indicative of bad coaching?
Speaker 2: The fact that player I mean, I know players will naturally do that, but is in a coach's job to make sure they're in that means?
Speaker 8: But if you don't care for your coach, the d do given no extra effort, or if.
Speaker 7: You know that your coach isn't going to be there that long. You got a three four year deal. This my guy's then going to be here for another six games, you'll probably be gone.
Speaker 9: Now times where you will see guys effort up higher. And I know what I'm saying people don't want to hear, but I'm just.
Speaker 8: Telling you the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just what behind the scenes scene.
Speaker 9: So if somebody's in their contract year, Oh are you gonna get hustle? Yeah, you're gonna get the You're gonna get the Kung Fou hustle. Because now all of a sudden, everything I do is on film and you need to see it and I need to make sure I have all positive players.
Speaker 4: Call it the Kung Fu hustle and food hustle maybe yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah for me, and I think probably I think a lot of Cowboys do feel the same way. Is that on a Cowboys team that gets so much of a spotlight on it, there's one if things are going badly and if you do something wrong, like we'll just use the Carolina Panthers as an example because they just play them all right.
Speaker 5: We were talking about this in the press box twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of the highlights of twenty twenty, which is a low light, is Xavier Woods doing the Zoom interview saying about how well you're not gonna go out there and make every play. Yeah, hey, say that for the Carolina Panthers. We won't even know about it. That thing led Sports Center when he did.
Speaker 8: Yeah I did.
Speaker 7: I will never forget that. And I mean it's just something like that. But like the Cowboys, so on one side it's magnified. The other is when things are going well, why wouldn't you want to be part of like the Cowboys team that finally won a Super Bowl after twenty seven plus whatever year.
Speaker 4: So there.
Speaker 7: It just is a little bit different with the Cowboys because if you do some of that stuff, it's giving me the major talking point like for the next couple of days nationally.
Speaker 2: Oh, they'll be household names if they ever get it done. And they're already household names because they're part of the Dallas Cowboys. But even more so than what what it is now, it'd be unbelievable the amount of attention that's already on this team if they are the ones that finally in that drought that's.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 7: I mean that year, twenty twenty year because we you know, it was during the pandemic, so we did all those zoom interviews. I'm telling you two my biggest takeaways that are not takeaways memories from twenty twenty are literally the Xavier would saying that on the call and then the defensive corner are getting hot.
Speaker 5: Sauce in his eye. Again. That was like a thing that was like led Sports Center.
Speaker 4: Don't worry me, didn't you didn't you didn't lead Sports Center?
Speaker 6: Nah No, not not this time. I want a backshark real quick.
Speaker 10: Which of Bland's interceptions do you think landed in his lap. Was it the rams one or the giants when we're trying off popping off to the Trademon Traymon, I feel like the rams one was kind of given to him too.
Speaker 9: I mean it was a bad decision, but he went up and Hyph pointed it and got it right.
Speaker 10: It was like super underthrown and it just went right into his Yeah.
Speaker 5: From yeah, Stafford threw out into the flat.
Speaker 10: And it was super right away right there. I mean it was it was good instincts, yes, but it kind of felt.
Speaker 4: So even though I was just curious what even on that one.
Speaker 8: I watched that one last night as well.
Speaker 9: Even on that one, he was in position and he still had to cut and make go make a play on it, right, the one one Trayvon Trayvon made hit him.
Speaker 8: He hits Sakuon Barkley.
Speaker 9: The ball popped up they were playing z on and it just laying it in his lat right. So that was more so like the one that he kind of fell into. It still was in position, all that kind of jazz. But that was the one that I say, he didn't have to work for all the other ones. He went and got himself the thing I keep.
Speaker 5: Thinking about too, is that okay?
Speaker 7: So what point does it get where quarterbacks will stop testing a guy?
Speaker 5: And then I just think of, well, if.
Speaker 7: You have him on one side and then you know Diggs on the other when he's healthy, like, well, you're gonna still have to throw to somebody, Like you're gonna have to target somebody, Like I can't just not throw to one side. It's one thing when it's like that year with like when the Jets went out got Durrell Reebs, It's like, well, don't throw over to Revas's side, you know, do something. And I think they had Crimarti on the other side or whatever. Someone's gonna get terrible. But I'm just saying, like it was all right, just don't don't throw.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna throw.
Speaker 5: But now if you've got two guys, like what are you going to do?
Speaker 7: And then you have Micah rush in the passer and everything that comes with that, all the extra attention and stuff like that. I mean, the Cowboys are in a good spot defensively going forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really exciting to see there's guys stepping up every week. But Ron play man, it's really cool to see what he's doing real quickly.
Speaker 4: Before we take our first break, do we have any news and nothing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we'll just address the injury report that came out of yesterday. Since it is a short week, there are three practice days, you know how Typically Tuesday, typically Mondays and Tuesdays are kind of slow around here.
Speaker 6: Not the case this week.
Speaker 10: They the Cowboys had a practice walk through yesterday, so they released an injury report kind of an estimation had they had a full practice, and there were a few guys that did not practice.
Speaker 6: A couple of guys that did not practice.
Speaker 10: Rico Dawdle with his ankle injury that almost kept him out of the game on Sunday, but he ended up playing. He did not practice yesterday with that same ankle injury. Jy Ron Curse with a back injury, did not practice, Ceedee Lamb with an ankle injury, was limited, and Terrence Steele with an ankle injury was limited, and then Cavante turpin Osa, Digiezua and and Peyton Henders Shot.
Speaker 6: Were all full participants.
Speaker 10: We were able to ask Mike McCarthy about the concern level about Ceedee Lamb and Jaron Curse yesterday.
Speaker 6: He said quote there's not a high.
Speaker 10: Concern, So it looks like those by the sound of that, it sounds like there's confidence in Thursday, but nothing's a given just yet.
Speaker 8: Hind Dog is full.
Speaker 13: Huh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's been full ever since he's he's been brought back, or since his practice window has been opened. And that was another question that was asked yesterday. It's still kind of up in the air. If he gets activated before Thursday.
Speaker 2: He's got more weak right years, you have to go to the end of the week and then he has to be on the active ross.
Speaker 10: I think he can miss these next two games, but then the Monday after the Seahawks game, he would have to be activated, got.
Speaker 9: It, think, I think that's that's twenty one days.
Speaker 10: But but yeah, he doesn't have to be activated ahead of the Commanders game because they would have to make room for him too.
Speaker 6: That's that's the biggest thing. That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: He's seeing these tight ends getting these receptions.
Speaker 2: Schoonmaker Ferguson Hinder shot he's the I think he's the best play making tight end on the roster.
Speaker 4: As a pass catcher, yeah, As a pass catcher, yeah.
Speaker 9: A route runner, I think he's the best at that. He just hasn't shown it. I mean we've seen it in practice. Yeah, he hasn't ever heard Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, but we've seen it right behind the scenes.
Speaker 9: We've seen it. We've seen what he's capable of doing. The fans necessarily haven't seen a whole lot. But we know what he's capable of. He just has to bring it to the field.
Speaker 2: I will say I was thinking about it the other day, just with the excitement on the defensive side of the ball of the young pieces that are starting to step up. I still wish Demarvion Overshown was in that on that defensive side, and then offensively John Stevens. Those were two guys that flashed in training camp, and both of those guys would have been so fun just in their respected positions and didn't get a chance to see it this year.
Speaker 4: A lot of talent does not on his roster right now, quote unquote roster.
Speaker 6: I blame you because they got hurt in Seattle.
Speaker 4: Hmm, both of them.
Speaker 6: I blame you.
Speaker 9: See what he did there, I did. I thought I was going to get some of that next week. I'm getting that this week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we get started early you're wearing the krack in hoodie.
Speaker 4: Did they win last night?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 8: Probably?
Speaker 4: The Stars won last night.
Speaker 2: Stars put up six unanswered goals last night against the New York Rangers.
Speaker 8: It's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 4: How many wins you guys got.
Speaker 8: Early in the season. We'll see you guys in the playoffs again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know if he'll make it there. All right, Well, when we come back home, I'm talking cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's a talking Tuesday. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. If you don't want to give us a call, you can text us at eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk to other fans when we come back. Right after this gard me.
Speaker 14: Now, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 4: Todd believed the big cat.
Speaker 14: Repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and tasks her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 13: Black Rifle Coffee Company Sirs premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Riffle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Rifle Coffee dot Com.
Speaker 4: To fuel up.
Speaker 2: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 15: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking.
Speaker 2: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 15: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys, fans just Can't Stop Banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com Slash Can't Stop Banking every tay.
Speaker 4: It's only available in the Englis language.
Speaker 2: You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so Like mobile devices.
Speaker 4: Message dat rags apply member FDIC.
Speaker 16: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I amswer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next would you there?
Speaker 7: Doctor?
Speaker 4: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 17: But what's the right get that says thanks for being a soldier.
Speaker 12: To cry out?
Speaker 16: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you buy in visi line Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: We've got some texts on the text line so far, and then we've got a couple of callers to get to eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Uh, the first one is from the two one four or no, two one zero?
Speaker 4: Where'd it go? All of these just disappeared on me two one four.
Speaker 8: There it is.
Speaker 4: Throws it all the way back.
Speaker 2: To a conversation we had previously, he said, the hot Sauce segment.
Speaker 4: He should, we should make it a weekly thing. I don't know if any of us are up for a weekly segment like that one.
Speaker 5: You think I'm done with that.
Speaker 4: John's got it. Uh.
Speaker 2: But he went back to an old conversation about the ends of the bread.
Speaker 8: Oh, good conversation.
Speaker 2: Ends of the bread, he said, it goes in the trash.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, I disagree, man.
Speaker 6: What now the ends of the bread like bread crust?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the the end of the bread.
Speaker 9: The actually past that last that question along as a social this year, and they asked the players.
Speaker 10: Okay, so we're talking like a loaf of bread, yeah, talking about them the.
Speaker 7: Last Okay, that's always going in the garbage. I'm sorry, No, I'm not eating that.
Speaker 6: I will eat it.
Speaker 8: Come from privilege, I will.
Speaker 10: I will eat it. But my dog loves bread like that is his thing. He is like he flips out over bread. So I give you the end of the bread. That's the what a treat for him?
Speaker 5: He flips, What are you doing with this end of the bread making a sandwich?
Speaker 8: I'm a peanut, butter and jelly guy.
Speaker 9: So if I have three pieces left of the loaf, okay, I grabbed the regular piece, regular piece, and then you have the in cap okay, booty bread, incap whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 8: I'm making it a triple layer.
Speaker 5: That's I guess where I'm coming from, is that's not getting tossed. Okay, but are you ever grabbing that first, like oh, this.
Speaker 8: Last resort?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you bypass the in cap at first, But when he comes down to that last one, if there are three pieces of bread, two fool pieces in the in cap, oh, I'm making a three three part sandwich.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I can see that, alright, I can see that.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 7: I thought you meant like you're going for that because it's like your favorite part on this nobody's going for that.
Speaker 6: I'll do the end pieces and make like a.
Speaker 8: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see his privilege right here.
Speaker 6: He passed on it, you know, I mean, now I give it to my dog.
Speaker 4: But the dog is the privilege.
Speaker 2: Now, dog is the privilege from the nine would you if you just said I wouldn't make a.
Speaker 4: Do make so? Yeah? Stop all right?
Speaker 2: Nine two five says Landry has a hat in the Ring of Honor, has a hat like his awesome.
Speaker 4: What is Jimmy Johnson's symbol going to be?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 7: When I was sitting at that press conference here, there's multiple times where I looked at him, I was like, I can't believe.
Speaker 5: His hair still looks like amazing. It looks at the exact same.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, if there was something with Jimmy would have to be his hair. I just think when they won that first Super Bowl, what did em it do? He messed up Jimmy's hair. You know, it was like, oh, hey, we're going to mess up his hair. I mean Jimmy Johnson's hair for me in sports, I guess for coaches, I don't know, like I put it up there with like kind of like pat Riley was another one, like when they won, people would want to like mess up his hair, you know, right, let's go. And there's probably some other ones I'm forgetting, but it would have to be his hair.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 10: So tex Shram has a star, it wouldn't surprise me they just put a star.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no way that.
Speaker 6: There's no maybe a whistle, there's no way.
Speaker 4: There's no way.
Speaker 7: They're just putting a little like like the lego hair like just like they're just putting the hair like the next to the name.
Speaker 5: There's no way they're doing.
Speaker 6: That like over his name, like.
Speaker 5: I'm in.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 2: Doug from Florida wanted to remind Isaiah that the crack and lost in overtime yesterday had the lead with four minutes left to go in the third and lost it.
Speaker 6: That, yeah, what the cracking could be eighteen right now? And I don't think I don't think I. Saia wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Isaiah would have no clue. A T shirt fangles.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Mike from Boston, this is a this is a good question.
Speaker 2: How concerned are you with our slot corner situation right now? With with Jordan Lewis seems to be a step behind is what he says.
Speaker 8: His ability to.
Speaker 4: Stay healthy worries uh.
Speaker 2: Worries Mike, who would be the next corner up if you were able to need a corner back?
Speaker 4: He said, Happy Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let me start on this one because I actually had a conversation with Zach Walchuk from the Fan about.
Speaker 4: This last funny. He texted me last night about it about the.
Speaker 6: Same exact thing. That's funny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had a conversation about it, just because I had written after the Panthers game that Jordan Lewis is starting to stack some really good reps and he's had a couple of good games. I'm not sitting here saying that he is. I'm not sitting here saying that he hasn't had bad stretches of this season, because he has. I think he started the season really poorly. But if you factor in the fact of him having to come off this rehab for so long, not getting training camp, not getting those first few practices of the season, then just having to jump into the year, it was always going to take him a while to get to get back to used to playing football. I think he's to that point now. Like basically, what I wrote in Sunday is Sunday's call or Calum, whatever you want to say, is that I feel like he is back to where he wants to be. I think if you had asked him to be like, Okay, I'm probably pretty comfortable right now. The one drive that sticks out to me from the Carolina game was the one where they drove eight minutes down the field in seventeen plays and three fourth down conversions and the five Adam Dealan receptions and three of them were on on Jordan Lewis. Yeah, he got beat a couple of times on that drive, but if you look aside from that drive, he was stacking some really good reps. He stacked good reps against the Giants, and he did it against the Rams as well, against that really talented receiver group. So Jordan Lewis is continuing to be highlighted every single week based on the slot matchups that these these cowboys have had to face recently. And I think in the last three weeks coming off the bye, he's done a better job than he did before the bye. That being said, you know, if he if there's not any more improvement from this exact point, then I still think there's something that needs to be figured out at the slot going forward.
Speaker 7: So you're trying to bring back Kelvin Joseph that you.
Speaker 5: Don't have to bring, well, yeah, you did it.
Speaker 6: I still stand on it.
Speaker 10: Bring back Kelvin, Joseph need Corner, death'd gunner depth.
Speaker 7: Next step would probably be Kuama problem. I don't think they're moving.
Speaker 10: It would be easy your one ye, Thomas and I would like to see either of those guys get a shot. But the thing is bring back Gilmour and let Bland work in the slot for another one or two years.
Speaker 6: Like I'd be completely okay with that. Yeah, I'd be completely okay with that.
Speaker 4: Okay, anything on Jordan.
Speaker 9: Uh, you can't expect j lou to be old Jay Lou right off the back after that injury that he sustained. That's just I talk about injuries and overcoming them all the time. It's gonna take some time for him to come back to be full stream, just like it's gonna take some time for Terrence Steel to be Terrence Steele. If you give Terren Steel grace, please give Jordan Louis grace. These are these are real injuries that are hard to overcome. These guys are out here, fully capable of making plays and doing their job. It's just there's gonna be times where they still question their abilities and question their respond to their body's response to things. Let them go through those growing paints you winning ball games. It's not killing you. He's he's They will be there when you need them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Sean from Austin said, missed the first part of the show. Did John c the Hot Sauce Bet Payoff? You guys are awesome? Love the podcast he did and we talked about it. Go back and watch it, Sean, You'll you'll get caught up. You'll like, You'll like John's answer.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dan from Philly says the end pieces are great for grilled cheese.
Speaker 4: Interesting, go there.
Speaker 2: Kenton los Crusis says, for Jimmy, they need to add a can of super Hold hairspray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just bring the hairspring That's cool.
Speaker 2: We've got some more Cowboys questions a hit, but first let's go to Seth in New York.
Speaker 4: You're on Talking Cowboys, Seth. What's going on?
Speaker 18: Good morning, guys, How are you great?
Speaker 4: How are you? What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 18: So, I got a question, and my question is basically, I'm gonna give you guys four names. Who would you rather have starting a franchise? Jack Prescott, Josh Allen to a tongue Biloa, Jalen Hurts, and I'm gonna throw in Patrick Mahomes because we just saw Jalen Hurts and Patrick Mahomes last night and I have feelings.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so there's five five names.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Seth. Appreciate the call. Five names.
Speaker 5: I mean it was gonna be tough before the Mahomes is added in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Mahomes.
Speaker 8: Mahomes would be.
Speaker 4: The easy pick for me.
Speaker 2: Same, but so let's take let's take him out of there. Let's he said original four names, So let's go with the four names. It was Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott to a tongue of the label.
Speaker 6: Okay, who am I starting a franchise with today?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 10: I want to try to go first Hurts, Yes, Jalen Hurts. I agree.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to be the first you want, you want Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 8: I'll be the first guy. Yeah, and it hurts.
Speaker 9: He has more physical capabilities than any of those other guys.
Speaker 11: Mmmm.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have a stronger arm than three of those guys.
Speaker 8: There's not a throw that you feel like he misses.
Speaker 9: He has full ability to utilize his legs and he's willing to use his leakes.
Speaker 4: I also think he scanned up the right way.
Speaker 6: It was Hurts. To anybody that, oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: I would go to, I would probably say Hurts right now, just because of the season Josh Allen's having.
Speaker 5: Before the season, I would have said.
Speaker 7: Josh Allen, I probably would have too, Dak injuries, age or start start factoring. But then I feel that way, what's coming with Hurts too? I mean, he's not going to play like that five years from now. He might not play like that two years from now.
Speaker 8: They say they said start your franchisement.
Speaker 7: Yeahah, But but when I'm looking at who's starting my franchise with, I'm looking not just for this year.
Speaker 5: I'm looking down the way next. I mean quarterback, you should be looking at ten years.
Speaker 7: Sure you shouldn't with one of those top quarterbacks in today's game, wherever every every tough tackle there is is taken out of the game to make them the game is designed.
Speaker 5: For your franchise quarterbacks to play fifteen years in this league.
Speaker 10: I mean there's a lot of quarterbacks that have played ten years in this league already.
Speaker 5: That should be your goal.
Speaker 9: What are you saying I'm not I'm not expecting anybody to play five years in this league.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm not five.
Speaker 8: I'm not counting on ten years.
Speaker 4: I'm making five years in the back position.
Speaker 8: That's the expectation. That's cool for you guys, that's.
Speaker 4: Realistic.
Speaker 2: But that's what you have to do from a franchise standpoint, because you can't say, Okay, let's press pause on this thing for five years and then maybe five years down the line, then we'll give him a realistic opportunity to make it. No, you put your your chips to the middle of the table with your quarterback position. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, you've got to try it again.
Speaker 10: This is season of How it goes eight with Dak Prescot's awesome. He's gonna make it ten years.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 10: There's to a tack of you're talking about going to make it ten years, franch is going to make it exactly.
Speaker 4: We don't have to have the same you know, perspective.
Speaker 9: I personally am not expecting any player to last ten years. I'm not relying on a player to have a ten year career in one spot.
Speaker 6: Wow, So you're not relying on Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: He's all I keep thinking about.
Speaker 9: When he's saying that, I'm saying I'm not putting it all, and I'm still I'm drafting people to be in position. Should something happen before ten years, that's okay, I'm not again, my outlook is five years.
Speaker 4: That's not a franchise.
Speaker 10: Quarterback exactly, because if you're a GM and you're like, okay, I can pick anybody to have a franchise quarterback, longevity might be like number two on the list of things I would need one talent to longevity, and with that I take Mahomes.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's not even close.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's Mahomes in Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 6: He's in like season eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 9: Homes is only ever is I am not ever a planning on anybody lasting ten years. If it happens, awesome, but I'm not putting all my chips relying on one person to last me ten years.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 7: Ten years ago, I would agree with you. But the way that the game is now, I mean they're making it so that these guys aren't going to get major or shouldn't get major hits and things like that. I mean, they wanted to be as safe as possible, because, let's be honest, it's the best for the league.
Speaker 5: If that happens, it's the best for the league.
Speaker 7: If Joe Montana plays fifteen twenty years, you know, it's the best for the league. Of Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes, these guys play fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and play at a high level through that time. Hertz and Tua are both twenty five. Those would probably be my two picks there, just because they are younger and we're talking about durability longevity between the two. I know two has probably had some injury history. So I'd probably say Hurts out of the four that we took Patrick Mahomes out of the conversation.
Speaker 4: If they were the same age.
Speaker 2: If Dak Prescott was still twenty five and I'm starting a franchise today, I would probably pick Dak, But just not right now, not at this point where the agers do line up. All Right, We've got we're going across the pond this time around.
Speaker 4: We've got Reggie in Germany. You're on talking Cowboys, Reggie. What's going on?
Speaker 12: Hey, what's up, guys? How you go doing?
Speaker 4: It's doing great?
Speaker 12: All right? First, I just want to wish all of you guys are wonderful Thanksgiving, but the family hope you have you a wonderful time. We don't celebrate it over here at the Bummer. That's my favorite holiday and I really missed my family on that day. But I wish you guys every Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Reggie Durability.
Speaker 12: Secondly, I want to put I want to extend that conversation you were having on our injured players. You were talking about Moshawn. I'm sorry always get his name screwed up. Our linebacker overshone, that's right, overshone, and I'm hender Shot and a couple other guys that that will be returning shortly. The question is we've already got a really talented team. We were discussing that. So when they come back, who has to go? Somebody has to leave?
Speaker 4: A wonderful good question.
Speaker 12: You guys handle that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate the question, Regie, appreciate the call. Two good questions today.
Speaker 2: So who's the odd man out out of that group of players? Hindershot Stevens will throw him in there, since we talked about him earlier.
Speaker 8: Who's the odd man leave or yeah?
Speaker 4: Or when of those guys come back at some point.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think we addressed that a couple of days ago in terms of who would have to be the guy that leaves, and I think we all kind of settled on Billy Arma Fojoko if I remember correctly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he did, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They put him on IR.
Speaker 8: Yeah that happened.
Speaker 7: Ye, So okay, but hold on, I guess I'm lost on this With Stevens and Overshown though, then they're not coming back.
Speaker 2: I think I think he was referring to the injured players this year. I think I misunderstood he was referring to guys this year that are going to return back. He was talking about Hindershot, Like, when Hindershot comes back, it was the odd man.
Speaker 4: So maybe at the tight end position, I would say Sean McEwan.
Speaker 10: But it's Hendershot the only one that would come back. That's on IR right now.
Speaker 8: I believe so.
Speaker 4: I think you're right.
Speaker 6: I believe so.
Speaker 9: I think everybody else is out depending on what position, Yeah, I mean so depending on what position. Obviously, Hendersho would probably be the guy that comes back, and then at that point Sean McEwan would have to step away. If it was another position group, then I think you probably get rid of Duce Vaughan unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because if you look at guys that have been in active consistently, especially as as of late, guys that really haven't contributed in big time moments, Duce fall would probably be the first one that jumps to Brooks.
Speaker 4: Eric Scott Junior. He's a Special Teams for sure.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying I depended on a position, right, I mean, you're not using all those receivers.
Speaker 2: Before Brooks, and I think they would take I think they would take Vaughan before they take.
Speaker 4: Eric Scott Junior. Scott Juniors on.
Speaker 2: That conversation as well, because he hasn't been active really at all, Special Teams regular doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: At least the least likely to get picked up by another team. Oh it's not Eric Scott.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not going to pick him up.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that that necessarily is where he'll be and whatever, but I'm just saying I can see someone picking him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking C J. Goodwin. He'll probably come back off.
Speaker 5: Of I R probably not.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, I forgot about that storyline. Is well, let's go out for the year of the year he could be. Yeah, So I think that's it. Yeah, I think that's about it, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So all right.
Speaker 4: Let's take our second break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll keep taking your phone calls, answering the text messages.
Speaker 4: Keep the good questions flowing.
Speaker 2: We've had some good ones today already eight eight eight eight, five five two two nine seven More talking Cowboys.
Speaker 17: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 4: Forever?
Speaker 11: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule, Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 4: Plus.
Speaker 2: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 8: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 14: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. S he Att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here On Talking Cowboys, this portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food Quaker Oach, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Back Here, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee company. We've got John Machoda say his stand back, Nick Harris, and Kyle Yeomans Chris Beam in the back mike from Maryland. He provided us a statement on the text line. He said, with all praise the secondary is getting and glad to see them balling out. More love needs to be given and shown to cornerback.
Speaker 4: Coach Al Harris.
Speaker 2: For the incredible job he's been doing with this group. And I completely agree, completely agree.
Speaker 4: He's a dude.
Speaker 6: You know he's my uncle right.
Speaker 8: Now. He's a dude.
Speaker 9: Ha Al Harris. I think it's not an accident. The position groups that are that are rising this team. You think about the tight end group with Linda Wells, doesn't matter who goes in that room, somebody always always pops out as a primary contributor to this team. Now you're seeing it at the cornerback position. It doesn't matter who goes in that room. Somebody outside of your high draft picks pops up as a primary contributor to this team. It's a testament to this coaching staff. It's a testament to the front office for getting these guys and putting them on staff and taking care of them financially so they don't go jump ship. They have a solid staff man. They really do have a solid staff. There are some hard decisions that were made last year where some really good coaches had to leave, but I think the guys that are in place and have been in place, you're starting to see the benefits and the payoff, right You're starting to see the upside of keeping these guys in place allowing him to develop this talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two five, three, Oh, this is Maurice.
Speaker 4: McCrae from Tacoma, Washington. What's sneaky tail tag town longtime.
Speaker 5: Listeners say the same thing, the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Took it right out of John's vocabulary. My question is that I would like to see Sam Williams out there more often. Being that we're a little light at the linebacker position. Why not put him back there and use his speed to be more effective along with his size.
Speaker 4: You guys laugh, he is.
Speaker 7: I'm laughing at the question. I'm laughing at Isaiah's reaction. Okay, people are watching. You don't get to see some of the reactions.
Speaker 4: I get to see.
Speaker 5: That's why I was laughing, not laughing the questions questions player. I just was laughing at Isaiah's face.
Speaker 4: He's doing a great job at what they're asking him to do.
Speaker 9: A big portion of coaching is putting your guys in position to be successful based upon their attributes that they possess. Sam Williams does a great job of running straight and fast, yep and physical and relentless.
Speaker 8: That's why they put him at gunner.
Speaker 9: Two hundred and sixty pounds at the gunner position going against one hundred and eighty to two hundred pounds defensive backs. Yeah, he's dominating at the gunner position. All these fair catches are not happening by chance. He is forcing fair catches by my boy, Matthew Slater, who's been to one hundred and seventy two Pro Bowls out there in New England. The majority of reasons why he goes to the proberb of year because he forces fair catches play after play after play, and is to play that nobody pays attention to because the dude waives his hand, he catches.
Speaker 8: It and then go to commercial.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: But the reason why that guy is fair catching is because there's a large human being standing in front of him that if you don't catch it, he's gonna take your head off.
Speaker 6: He's not standing in front of him, No, he's running.
Speaker 9: He's running, So two hundred and sixty pounds running at gunner is crazy.
Speaker 8: They put him in a position to do that. He's very successful.
Speaker 9: They put him at the defensive and position to fill in whenever the other guys are rotating out.
Speaker 8: What does he do?
Speaker 9: He's successful as long as he's not making pre snap on these and things of that nature. Right, So they're putting him in positions that he can handle, and they're building up his tolerance as they continue to as he continues to gain their trust. Right, the more successful he is in the small bite sites that that they're giving him, the more trust that he will earn, and then they'll give him more and more opportunities. Let's not take him out of those elements right now. Let's let him continue to build confidence. Let's not throw him to the Lions. Will you know the Lions? Lions den at linebacker position, that's a whole new monster. You see Michael Parsons at the second level, he looks like a fish out of water. Let's put him back on the defensive and position. That has nothing to say, nothing to do with his abilities as a rusher and an athlete. Positions are just that they are specific positions where guys are specialists.
Speaker 8: At linebacker is difficult, It is very difficult.
Speaker 9: You talk about vander Ash his contributions, he's a good he's a good linebacker, but there's times that vaner Ash is running to the wrong holes because of the reds. You saw the same thing from Mic at this past weekend, Michael was at the second level. They did different runs and Michael was running to the opposite side where the run was going.
Speaker 8: It's a hard freaking position to play.
Speaker 9: Is high on instincts, is high on being able to see and trust your eyes and make decisive decisions. It's difficult, so not everybody can play it. That's why a big shout out to Marku's Bell for what he's been able to do. He even had a rough game in terms of some of his reads his last game, but what he's been able to do coming down not having been his primary position is huge.
Speaker 10: They're already experimenting with a defensive lineman and moving him back into the second level and Tyros Sweet, and if there were injuries to happen in that second level, then Tyros Sweet would be one of those guys in that second rotation.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Two to one four says good morning.
Speaker 2: Can you guys talk about Dak's pocket awareness and presence.
Speaker 4: It looks like he's improved in that area since the San Francisco game. I agree, his.
Speaker 9: Footwork's crazy right now. It's crazy. When I say crazy, I mean good. Good You hear coach McCarthy talk about that day in and day out and during training camp talking about how important the footwork is to the position group and what they've done to change the footwork at that position this year, and you're starting to really see that show up.
Speaker 8: He's he's not, he's.
Speaker 9: It's such a sense thing, right, You sense guys around you use your peripheral you know, vision to see guys where most people can't see. You know, there's one hundred two hundred and seventy degree radius, you know, in terms of your perperle vision. Quarterbacks are able to see that, and that is a developed skill. And then your feet have to coincide with what you're seeing, right and what you're feeling, and it becomes a dance. It becomes a dance. Some of the best quarterbacks that we've seen on Earth had great footwork. Drew Brees had great footwork. Tom Brady had great footwork. All these guys that everything started with their feet, and you're starting to see that happen as they get comfortable with this offense, dacks started to really flow around the pocket and moving, you know, move very very fluently and then be able to deliver the ball with confidence.
Speaker 7: And a factor in that too is kind of what you talked about last week with players having confidence even if you're a star player like everybody needs confidence and that I think some of the confidence also comes from the fact that now we've got three games in a row with that same starting offensive line. I mean, he's got to feel a little bit more comfortable knowing, Hey, you know, I can be looking different things because I know what I got out here. You know, I trust this group. I'm sure that that's contributed at least a little bit.
Speaker 10: There were some plays during the Giants game where he was showing some pocket wizardry, and he's done it a few times with especially coming off out of the out of the by. He's looked really good in that in that department. But man, yeah, there's you're you're seeing it too. One oh, you are definitely seeing it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Three point five.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is Scott Murdoch from Rochester, New York. He says, there's a lot of chatter from Eagles fans, and of course, whenever it comes from Eagles fans, you got to check it with a grain of salt. They're calling Cede Lamb slot boy, acting like his numbers aren't as impressive because he's lining up in the slot a lot. This makes no sense to me. Isn't that a good thing? That CD is a versatile weapon and can be moved around.
Speaker 6: You know who else a slot boy? Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: It's fair. I really wish Kenna City would have won day game.
Speaker 8: Yeah too.
Speaker 6: You know who's not slot boy Marques tang It. Oh horrible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, appreciate the comment, question whatever, but Scott, keep holding your own.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you're right, that's dumb slot boy really.
Speaker 7: Oh went he knows it because he said me mention it, like I think it was last week of the week before that that he's like, oh, they're calling me slap. I don't know if he said slot boy or slot whatever. Yeah, it was after you know he had his like third one hundred and fifty yard plus game or whatever like that during the week he brought it up. So yeah, he's probably hearing that. But he's obviously a complete receiver. Yeah, even if he was just play in the slot, go ahead and name name five guys you'd rather have than him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be hard. That'd be hard right now. And I mean even Michael Irvin was talking about it a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: He was up here at the Star and.
Speaker 2: He made the comment that he has the chance to be the best of all the eighty eight because he can play in the slot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he can play outside. He has that back and forth versatility with it. And I think if if Michael Irvin's saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna be all right, keep catching balls, keep keep scoring touchdowns.
Speaker 7: What has impressed you most about City Lamb's game this year? I'm going to show the players side by his release, So I don't know, like he worked a ton of.
Speaker 4: This offseason on his releases. Yeah, I mean it's a ton.
Speaker 9: And you see a lot of this Instagram stuff where guys are doing all kinds of craziness.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of that stuff is really just to build your instincts. You know.
Speaker 9: I was just talking about instincts in terms of Dak and his footwork, and it's the same thing at the receiver position. You can't be thinking about, hey, if he shoots his hand here, I'm going to do this. Like a lot of that stuff just has to be reactive. And I think when you train yourself over the entire duration of the summer on one particular portion of your craft, all of a sudden that becomes something that you add to your tool belt and that's something he's added to his tool belt. People are not able to get their hands on him. If they do get their hands on him, he's getting them off relatively quickly, instinctively.
Speaker 8: And his focus is on the ball. It's not on the person that's in front of him.
Speaker 2: I think another thing is the way he attacks the stem of his routes, the way he's able to hit the top of the route and create separation. It's I mean, it is impressed of how much separation he's building.
Speaker 10: And those things go hand in hand, releases and then top of the walls being able to create separation, Like, there's a lot of the same things that go into both of those things. So yeah, you can definitely tell he's a little bit more physical, he's a little bit more confident, and his feet are a lot better as well. When all those things combined together, that's that's what you're getting.
Speaker 9: You see him every year he's adding something. Last year he added size. When he came to camp last year, eybody was like tangs, did he put on some side right? And then this year you're talking about the releases. Hey, okay, the boys releases is nice now. So every year he's just he's picking one thing to improve on. It's not like he's trying to attack everything. He's like, Okay, let me add this to my game. Let me add this to my game. And that's why you're seeing him just continue to get better.
Speaker 6: Can I ring myco bag? Can I get my sicko bag for it?
Speaker 10: There's a lot of skill trainers that are moving to Houston right now, like just around around the country. I don't know why, but there's a lot of them. And he went down to Houston over this offseason trained with a lot of those guys down there. There's a lot of really good people down there that are doing good work, and you're seeing that manifested. So yeah, there's a little bit of credit to the city of Houston and what city CD Lamp's been.
Speaker 4: Able to do well, h Town.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, okay, when draft time comes around, I'll really get my cycle back and tell y'allus trainers around here in Houston and Dowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a draft show plug right there.
Speaker 2: All right, that's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, A little bit of a different.
Speaker 4: Look this week.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow will be our final show of the week prior to the Thanksgiving matchup with the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: We're gonna preview both sides of the football.
Speaker 2: We'll have a defensive preview, we'll have Isaiah's QB vision, plus we'll make our Pickham standings. We'll give you the update on the Pickham standings tomorrow as well. That does it for us here for Talking Cowboys today, though for Chris being Isaiah, standback, John Michoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Star on Frisco. We'll see tomorrow on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 14: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.