Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson, I'm all In podcast Pop Culture, one of eleven productions I Heart Radio. Here with my intrepid Crewe, TaRaSu, Daniel Romo and Sugarman, and we are gonna get into pulp friction. Episode seventeen, season five, Laura, I brought a Weston's coffee cup, Oh sacrilege into Luke's a diner. Luke, you bring an enemy coffee cup in here on the day of our reconciliation. Laura, at least I didn't ask you for a favor on the day of your daughter's wedding, which is a reference to luralized quoting.
Speaker 3: Any to get that now you come on nothing, No, you never got, not till not till this moment.
Speaker 1: My Godfather is one of the most quoted films and history. Uh nineteen seventy two movie The Godfather starring Marlon Brando and Alpaccino and Robert de Niro. Lorelei's making joke because Luke's on the day of our reconciliation sounded like Don Corleone's line in the movie that you don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. You come into my house in the day of my daughter's wedding. My daughter is to be married, and he asked me to do murder for money.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Nothing good that makes that makes that mind more.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's just makes sense. The very top of the movie. You got that that guy right, you know it's I Believe in America.
Speaker 4: He Tara, you want to go next?
Speaker 5: You go?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: You guys that they have never seen the movie.
Speaker 4: Nothing it's in. It's not hitting home because I've never seen it.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful film. It's a beautiful shot film. Oh my god, you have to see The Godfather. See it tonight. That's your homework. I'm gonna give you a homework.
Speaker 5: Now, guys.
Speaker 6: All right, So Rory and Logan are leaving the theater, and Rory's telling Logan he's going to miss out on some amazing things because he doesn't like plays. Rory says, my mom took me to see Caroline or Change, Tony Kushner's musical and it was the most amazing thing we ever saw. Tony Kushner wrote Angels in America. Logan says, I know who Tony Kushner is. Tony Kushner is American author, playwright, and screenwriter. He's known for his work for his seminal work in Angels in America, which earned a Pulitzer Prize and an Tony Award, and Kushner is among a few playwrights in history nominated for an Emmy Oscar Tony and Tony Award.
Speaker 4: And he got Oh wow, but they didn't get the egut.
Speaker 3: He was just Nomina Laura l I looking for leather bound book she had on the bookshelves, and Suki says, the guests must have swiped them. By the way, I actually never really understood, is that what happened?
Speaker 4: But I digress.
Speaker 3: They swiped Jonathan Swift and left me with Clifford the Big Red Dog and five.
Speaker 4: Copies of He's Just Not That Into You.
Speaker 3: Clifford the Big Red Dog is an American children's book series about the adventures of a precocious girl named Emie Elizabeth and her pet, a giant Redford dog named Clifford.
Speaker 4: It was first.
Speaker 3: Published in nineteen sixty three, written by Norman Bridwell. Those are very famous books. He's Just Not That Into You is a self improvement book based on a very popular episode of Sex in the City, written by Greg barn and Liz to Coelo to Chillo, Too Chillo. It was published in two thousand and four and adapted into a film by the same name in two thousand and nine. I never read the book, but the movie, even though the first time I didn't love it.
Speaker 4: It's always on TikTok.
Speaker 3: The clips always come up on TikTok, and I think the movie is kind of like better now. It has like Drew Barrymore and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Aniston and like Justin Long all these cool people, and I think the movie is actually better now. I need to rewatch it, all right.
Speaker 7: So Michelle's showing off his white teeth he got done while in Los Angeles, and Michelle says, and look, I got them done by the same guy who does.
Speaker 4: Nick Lache.
Speaker 7: Nick Lache is an American singer, dancer, actor, television personality, and host. He rose to fame as the lead singer of the multi platinum selling boy band ninety eight Degrees. The reason why this reference is his teeth is because in his reality show Newlie Weeds with his then wife Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 4: There's a famous quote.
Speaker 7: Where Jessica's asking Nick about his teeth and calls his veneer's ventures. I remember that yet I did too, and he does have very white teeth, so his ventures were great.
Speaker 4: It's kind of awesome.
Speaker 7: It started everything, you guys, like, honestly, wasn't.
Speaker 6: It the first couple's reality.
Speaker 3: After the Osborn's, but still like kind of in the beginning there.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes on my TikTok, I see clips of them in their Variety show, which.
Speaker 4: Is really bad. The Christmas one, the two of them.
Speaker 3: Singing like I Got you babe, and it's just oh.
Speaker 7: I sort of miss Nichola chet and Justicistmson together.
Speaker 4: Not their finest moment that Variety show. They did a Christmas one too.
Speaker 6: I think that one was like okay, but I wouldn't see.
Speaker 4: This fully hit a ninety eight degree show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like, if you get me at the right venue, I will be there for a ninety They're still performing.
Speaker 4: They just posted the other day they were on Obviously I know this, Tara, obviously know it's on your TikTok.
Speaker 3: One dollar if you can name all the members of ninety degrees Scott.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Bebop Jappolini. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I was like, you're Nick Lache, Drew Lache, Jeff Timmins.
Speaker 1: And the other guy Bart, Bart's starter.
Speaker 4: What's that other guy's name, Tara? What's that other dude? Justin? Jeffrey?
Speaker 1: Okay, creamy gooey min.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Give these people names. I have no idea that people are, Tara, Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 6: Michelle is telling Laura and Suky stories about everything he did in Los Angeles. Michelle says, oh, I haven't told you the most amazing part yet. Laura, I says, you got your boobs done by the same guy who did Pamela Anderson Pamela Denise Anderson is a Canadian American actress, model, and media personality. She's best known for lammor modeling, work in Playboy magazine, and for her role as CJ. Parker on the television series Baywatch. This year, Pamela released a memoir called Love Pamela and a documentary series called Pamela A Love Story, where she opens up about her life.
Speaker 3: Michelle's still talking about the things he did in Los Angeles. A man came up to me and asked, if I want to be a contestant on The Price Is Right. The Price Is Right premiered on September fourth, nineteen seventy two, on CBS. Bob Barker was the series' longest running host from seventy two it's seventy two debut until his retirement in two thousand and seven, when Drew Carey took over. The Price Is Right has aired over nine thousand episodes since its debut. It is one of the longest running game shows in United States history, and it is one of the longest running network series in United States television history.
Speaker 4: It is currently in its fifty first season. Now Crazy Go not my favorite. Oh my god, are you kidding me? No skill required? Plinko is just pure luck.
Speaker 7: I wanted, I literally dreamed of playing that game.
Speaker 1: Really, there is only one game in the whole world. Game is called Monopoly. Is game in that world?
Speaker 4: The Showcase showdown. The Showcase showdown, when the person really says one dollar, isn't that the move?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What's the theory when you say one dollar because you're sure they went, oh yeah, Because you can't.
Speaker 7: You have to the nearest bid without going over, right, So one dollar goes over?
Speaker 4: You say a dollar one dollar, it's like boom.
Speaker 7: The worst is when the worst is when like one person's like fifteen ninety nine and the other person's like sixteen.
Speaker 4: Oh, like one penny over crazy.
Speaker 3: I also think it's crazy when they have to like do mini golf, like they're like trying to do mini golf to win a like we's in our car.
Speaker 4: I love The Prices.
Speaker 1: Right, I do know, Danielle, you read the next one.
Speaker 7: Okay, So Suki calling Michelle's bluff on how he got into The Price's Right show, and Sukie says yeah. And they had to wear embarrassing t shirts that said things like pick.
Speaker 4: Me Bob, I need my Tom, I mean Bob.
Speaker 7: Bob was an outspoken advocate for a variety of animal right issues. In nineteen eighty two, Barker began ending The Prices Right episodes with the phrase is Bob Barker reminding you to help control the pet population?
Speaker 4: Have your pet spade or neutered? Who can name Bob Barker's age? Give me a guess?
Speaker 1: One and fifty?
Speaker 4: No, oh man.
Speaker 7: Nine, Wow, He's a legend.
Speaker 4: Totally.
Speaker 1: Robert inviting Rory to Finn's birthday party. Robert It's themed. Anything Quentin Tarantino is acceptable. Quentin Tarantino is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and actress. Films are characterized by stylized violence, extended dialogue, including a pervasive use of profanity, and references to popular culture. And I came within a wisp of being in Reservoir Dogs. I will never live it down. His list of directed features, which currently spans from nineteen ninety two to twenty nineteen, includes ten individual movies. Reservoir Dogs ninety two, Pulp Fiction ninety four, Jackie Brown ninety seven, Kill Bill Volume one two thousand and three, Kill Bill Volume two two thousand and four. Great screenplay, but it didn't make it onto the screen. Death Proof two thousand and seven, and Glorious Bastards two thousand and nine, Django and Chained twenty twelve, The Hateful A twenty fifteen, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which maybe had the best ending of any film I've ever seen. In twenty nineteen, and he's got one more going. It's going to be his last film, no way. Yep, He's the only doing one more. According to him, whoa one of the great talents of all time, writing directing and producing one of the greats. Anyway, Rory tells Laura Lai about the theme party. She's going to yell ror. You know, the party's a Quentin Tarantino theme party and you have to wear costumes. So I'm going as go, Go Go Go. Yubari was a secondary antagonist in Quentin Tarantino's fourth film, Kill Bill Volume one. She was a statistic an ultra violent schoolgirl and a young associate of O Renny Shee. She was portrayed by Chiaki Koreyama. Let me tell you that character of O Renny Shee was so prominent in or actually O reny E's I think daughter or cousin or sister was coming back and Kill Bill volume two to reak revenge, revenge and havoc. And it was such a brilliant script, and they just didn't film that part. I don't think they got the budget that they needed to film that.
Speaker 5: Script that I read.
Speaker 1: I read, nobody cares anyway.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, we totally care. Are you serious? We totally care?
Speaker 1: No, But it's it's it was just such a brilliant screenplay.
Speaker 4: I've just never seen any of these.
Speaker 1: And when I went to see kill Bill Volume two. It wasn't None of that was in the film.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting, it was brilliant. It was brilliant, and it didn't make it in the film for some reason.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: If I ever run into Quentin Tarantino again, I want to ask him. That's the one thing I'm going to ask him. What happened to Kill Bill volume two? Not that it wasn't great, but like what happened to Oh rennie E Sister Revenge? So anyway, uh okay.
Speaker 3: Queen Danielle, what if Queen Danielle takes us home? Finishes us?
Speaker 4: Oi'll take you home.
Speaker 7: Rory is asking Colin why his date isn't there. Colin says, I want to pick her up. The door opened and she's dressed like mirror Servino. I just turned around and left another Quentin Tarantino and Mira's reference. He started dating Mira Servino in nineteen ninety five, and they split three years later in nineteen ninety eight. The filmmaker was Servino's date to the nineteen ninety six Academy Awards, where she won the OSCAR for the Best Supporting Actress for her role in Woody Allen's mighty aphrodite.
Speaker 4: I literally forgot, they dated, forgot, fully forgot.
Speaker 1: Anyway. That's going to wrap up pop culture everybody. Next episode, season five, episode eighteen, to Live and Let Diaryma Wow, Thank you, ladies. It was a rollicking affair. You bet, always great love riding with the posse.
Speaker 3: Nobody's getting all my you bets every time I dropping you the.
Speaker 4: Last two episodes, no one's getting I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna give you a you bet every time.
Speaker 4: We give us an I'm all in though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm gonna do it anyway. Thanks best fans on the planet. Thanks for downloading. Everybody. Keep those cards, letters and emails coming. Uh. We adore you, We just do, and uh hopefully we'll see you soon. We've got some big surprises coming down the road. At you always remember we and I are all in.
Speaker 5: Am all in?
Speaker 4: What ye hard? When you made it plural, it threw you Yeah through me.
Speaker 3: You gotta just go I I am yeah.
Speaker 5: And stay safe everyone, Hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.