Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: We are one hundred days away from kickoff in Philadelphia and this is mickshots. Unofficials start to summer. Memorial Day is over and now it's summertime, but school is still in session here. It's Ota Time, Week number two at the Star in FRISCOO.
Speaker 4: Out the other day, Yes, yep, back guy tomorrow. They go another week after this.
Speaker 3: Now they're going ten ot A sessions or nine and then nine extra one Yeah, okay nine. So they had three last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they read this.
Speaker 3: They went Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday last week. They're going Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week, and then they got three next week and then they got the mandatory mini camp the week after that.
Speaker 5: Well, I just so you know, I had a business meeting at the Cowboys Club and this short guy comes up to me.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me, he wasn't that short.
Speaker 5: No, he's and he said he called me wallpaper because he said I will stick to him.
Speaker 2: So Kelvin Martin really.
Speaker 5: Up here with his son to watch the OTA practice. He was up at the Cowboy Club.
Speaker 3: Kmart's son was a good player for one of the Kellers schools. I can't remember which one. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: The meeting was pretty important.
Speaker 5: I couldn't break away from him, but man, I hugged him, so I had my arm pit all over his face.
Speaker 2: What's what's up? But no, man, it was just good to see. He looks good too. Man.
Speaker 4: He's not sure I'd recognize him.
Speaker 2: You would.
Speaker 5: He looks exactly the same, all right, he looks exactly the same.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened to his gray hair. It disappeared.
Speaker 3: Greatest greatest play in Kevin Martin's career was return against right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Isn't that funny? How that was now thirty four years ago or whatever it was, and that is that's what you remembered by.
Speaker 5: My daughter said that last night. He said, you guys, you'all remember everything about sports the way that last night.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's right.
Speaker 4: He might have been, I mean, arguably one of the top third wide receivers in Cowboy history.
Speaker 2: Consistency is consistent.
Speaker 4: Third, I mean three, the third receiver.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, one of.
Speaker 6: The top third suppendable number three receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, I guess Beasley would enter into the conversation.
Speaker 2: Preston Pearson.
Speaker 4: Preston was, yeah, but he was more of a running back.
Speaker 2: But he was third down down.
Speaker 3: It was a different era, and he didn't he would play this.
Speaker 2: He started this.
Speaker 3: Third thing, but it was but he wasn't a he wasn't a slot receiver.
Speaker 2: But yeah, slot receiver.
Speaker 3: Are you talking slot slot receiver?
Speaker 5: Yeah, album, Sorry, that slot receiver is a third down receiver talking third down you're talking Preston Pearson was the beginning of all of.
Speaker 3: That, right, and you consider it's a different era of football where you would play only two wide receivers on the field at a given time. Agreed, So he was the third receiver coming out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: But Johnson.
Speaker 4: But that's why I was trying to think, Yeah, you had you had Drew.
Speaker 6: Tony Hill and then but Johnson's not fast enough.
Speaker 4: I was, I was, I was contemplated.
Speaker 2: That's my childhood, man, That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Uh so good. I was good to hear that Kmart was out here, and so was it practice.
Speaker 2: Going on with where he was?
Speaker 5: He was actually out there on the y able to spy on practice from up there.
Speaker 2: No, I was had business day.
Speaker 4: Which day? Which day was it?
Speaker 2: That was Thursday?
Speaker 3: Thursday, okay, okay, So we'll rely on Mickey to give.
Speaker 4: Us a report from Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 5: I saw, I did see Will Grier, Yeah, throwing the passes. I couldn't. I couldn't see if Dak was out there. What's the black quarterback? It wasn't Ten.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I saw Ten out there.
Speaker 6: Well, he's got a I'm sure he was out there, but I don't know if he's.
Speaker 4: Got a hell of an arm as advertised. Now, it's a matter of where he decides to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: That's the one that threw it like.
Speaker 4: And how he Oh he's got.
Speaker 2: A gunnis ball or something.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about that. He didn't throw no tennis ball of orange? An orange? Yeah, okay, something heavy.
Speaker 3: And so an open media day was Tuesday last week at the practice. They didn't practice on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That's right Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So we need to get Mickey's review on what he saw out on the practice. Field. That was also the day that players talked to the media, and for the veteran players, basically the first time we've heard from them since the end of the season speak of and uh so there's a lot to get to here on this edition of Mixed Shots.
Speaker 4: So I thought the practice and this was probably pretty predictable with a new coaching staff. Everything was pretty fast paced. There was no walking between drills. Guys were running.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of energy the coaching staff, a lot of passion, and there were some different drills they were doing. Then we've been used to and that usually happens. Uh, then we're used to seeing over the past four years. And uh, yeah, I thought it was Uh, it was good. Most everybody was there. One person was it You can guess who it was. No, Well, he's still rehabbing, so even if he was here, he wouldn't have been doing it. Mister, I'm gonna be a leader. Micah Parsons wasn't leading in the OTAs.
Speaker 3: He was there on Monday.
Speaker 4: He was there Monday, Okay, but did he do anything on Monday?
Speaker 3: Oh No, I wasn't here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So so wait, what going on here?
Speaker 2: Well, make a stand.
Speaker 4: I think he's making a somewhat of a hold in right, sort of like.
Speaker 3: If he's not here, it's not a hold in like that.
Speaker 4: No, he might be here, but he was the ot a practice hold in.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that sort of like what?
Speaker 6: Zach Martin the only one hearing this for the first.
Speaker 4: No, but we went in veted it last year with Zach and maybe the year before with with Ceede Lamb.
Speaker 3: San Francisco wide receiver. Last year was a holding. Uh yeah, man, he was. He was at training camp though he wasn't getting fined and but he wasn't doing anything.
Speaker 4: He got his contract, so uh but yeah, it was you know, guys that we're still rehabbing did the rehab. Although John Stevens and Revel did a little bit more uh kind of individual stuff, they didn't do any of the team stuff. Dak, I thought to me, I wrote about it on Friday. You know, everybody talked about you know, Pickens and C. D. Lamb being on the field together and this and that. But I thought the most remarkable thing was Dak was out there going through the entire practice and when they went to eleven on eleven, he was throwing and if you think about it as important as the quarterback position. Is him already being out there now. We were talking afterwards and he was telling me how, you know, well he felt can do everything. He's just not cleared for contact. And it's like, well, okay, fine, but you ain't gonna have contact in the OTAs or the mini camp, and chances are when training camp starts he may have a double red jersey on. It's like, keep your hands off from right.
Speaker 3: Uh So his first contact comes one hundred days from today.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, because I was saying even if he and I don't think he'll play in preseason games, but if he does, seeing that he missed more than half the season last year, you know they can control by play call to keep him out of contact.
Speaker 5: I would think that he might play in the preseason.
Speaker 4: I think he might do.
Speaker 6: Something because that he would want that because.
Speaker 4: He can get They can call quick passes, little flares, just kind of get them in the rhythm of a of a game. But you're right, basically the first time he's been expose to real contract will be one hundred days. Did you stay up all night counting sheep to know how many? No?
Speaker 3: It got tweeted out today. I haven't even checked it. Tom Pellso tweeted it, and so it's one hundred days still kickoff, so he must be talking about the Cowboys Eagles game. I haven't even checked his work to make sure, but it sounded like a good round number. I thought i'd go with it.
Speaker 4: Well, so I thought that was probably to me. Anyway, if you kind of look at and I think people forget after this past year, you know the season Dak had in twenty twenty three, When I can tell you because I just have his status.
Speaker 3: And I have confirmed it in my own mind, it is one hundred days, okay, we got four days left in May, we got thirty in June, thirty one in July, thirty one in August, then four September. That adds up to one hundreds to go ahead.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Dak in twenty twenty three led the NFL in completions with second in completion percentage thirty yards, first in touchdowns with thirty six, which was one less than his club record of thirty seven single season. He was second in percentage of touchdown passes and number two in quarterback rating at one oh five point nine behind Rock Purty who was one thirteen. So he had one hell of a year in twenty twenty three when this team went twelve and five. And I think people forget that because I was at a function last a week ago and I was like, yeah, Dak, he's just overpaid this and that, and it's like, okay, but go look at his stats, and they missed him last year and he has not had a losing season other than the ones that.
Speaker 3: He got into ged which brings me. Yes, there was a ranking of quarterbacks that came out last week. I'm sure one of your well I think it may be your least favorite, but I'll just say one of your least favorite entities put out a list ranking the quarterbacks in the league, and Dak Prescott was rund twelve. No, take another wild guess eight.
Speaker 2: One of them was out. They had them had number twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have, okay, twelve is your guess eight? Eight? Try seventeen, Oh Jesus, number seventeen ranked quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: And what was that based on?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't read it to know exactly what it was based on. It was a ranking of the of the starting quarterbacks in the league. And he came in at number seventeen, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well that tells you how that is what we call.
Speaker 3: Is click bait.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's all absolutely.
Speaker 5: And anytime there's two there's two names you can come up with for clickbait, Lebron James and Dak Prescott if you want to do well, probably Luca as well. Lucas will those three athletes right now in sports for some reason, it's for Clark.
Speaker 2: One. Yes, another one.
Speaker 4: And I better hurry up and get healthy.
Speaker 3: Well she's coming here and playing one.
Speaker 4: She's out for two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a quad of injury.
Speaker 2: Be okay, she'll be okay, she'll be here.
Speaker 3: And so producer supreme, how are you?
Speaker 2: This is mine? Thank you?
Speaker 3: So special delivery.
Speaker 2: No, no, oh this is it.
Speaker 3: That's your reading.
Speaker 5: This is the read. No, this is the rankings. Oh, this is the rankings.
Speaker 3: I thought it was your. I didn't even look at it because I figured his producer seventeen.
Speaker 2: This guy's all the quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: I want to know who's after ten?
Speaker 5: Okay, who's after ten? That's party is after ten. He's at eleven. Okay, you know Smith is ten.
Speaker 3: You want me to go through the whole thing so that you don't click on their clickbait.
Speaker 2: I'm piecemelling it to okay.
Speaker 3: One through four is mahomes Borough, Jackson, Allen. Five through eight are Hurts, Daniels, Stafford, and Herbert. That gets you, okay. Tier one was elite the top four, Tier two high end starters, where Hurts, Daniels, Stafford, and Herbert. Tier three A solid starters who have flashed high end ability. Number nine Golf ten, Gino Smith, eleven Rock Party. Tier three B solid starters, but they need more help. Twelve Jordan Love thirteen, Baker Mayfield fourteen, c J. Stroud fifteen, Kyler Murray sixteen, Trevor Lawrence seventeen, dak Press, Trevor Lawrence eighteen to uh you got bone knicks. It's basically the rest of the quarterbacks in the league. No, okay, Now that ended eighteen was the end of Tier three B. They need more help. Tier four young players with a wide range of potential outcomes. Nix young McCarthy who hadn't played. How do you rank somebody who hadn't played? So where's where's the starting may Pennix on?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: What what was the preface to the ranking? What they did last year.
Speaker 3: Well, it's where they rank them right now going into this season.
Speaker 4: Based on their careers.
Speaker 2: Well, it's what I don't know.
Speaker 3: You'll have to ask them. You want to get him on the show. You know, Smith.
Speaker 2: Seriously didn't play that well that badly last year.
Speaker 4: Last year? What's he done the other eight years?
Speaker 2: He showed improvement. He's trending up with as far as his improvement is concerned.
Speaker 4: But not good enough to stay where he was.
Speaker 3: But we saw Dak for six games plus part of another one last year, and prior to that what we saw from Dak. He was second in the MVP voting, but he is seventeenth best quarterback in the league.
Speaker 2: Now, No, no, let's let's be real.
Speaker 5: Not only was he high up in the voting, he had his wide receiver high up in the voting as well. So to me, that just goes to show how well Dak was playing. Not only was he a fm VP, but Ceedee Lamb was bawling right, and so that was that was Ceede's best.
Speaker 3: And keep in mind last year he did not have cde Lamb in training camp. It was he didn't sign until the week before the season started. Andy lost Brandon Cooks his number two wide receiver in the fourth game of the year, and so he didn't have him the last three or four games that he played in.
Speaker 4: And they couldn't decide who the running back was, by the way, until halfway through the season. Then the guy ran for one thousand yards and made enough money to leave here, and then he got hurt.
Speaker 5: And when you think of last year, and you think of the off season that we had last year, well, CD and DAK really didn't get a chance to work together as much as we wanted them to. If you were called, oh no and can at all, they came into the season totally not on the same page. They came into the season looking like the Green Bay playoff game. That's the way they came into the last season. And so now I'm sure DAK is like, we are not letting this crap happen again. I'm sure CD and even the coaches are like, We're gonna make sure that I caught it back in our I was get as much practice together as possible, and especially with the new number one A coming in from Pittsburgh and the.
Speaker 4: Thing that people forget about the playoff loss in twenty twenty three, the defense gave up forty eight points. It's forty eight. Go show me quarterbacks, and I looked it up once that had winning records in the playoffs when their team gave up at least thirty or more points.
Speaker 5: I think we forget about all the great quarterbacks that have come through the NFL, and we forget about those The most successful ones were the ones that had a defense that supported them.
Speaker 2: You can go all the way back through history.
Speaker 5: You can go Joe Montana, you can go Steve Young, you can even go Troy Aikman. You're talking about teams that had a defense that could counter or at least assist enhance what your office was doing.
Speaker 4: Throw in Peyton Manning and John Ellware.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: All right, and here's what was said about Dak Prescott. All right is number seventeen ranking here. Prescott remains the epitome of a quarterback who thrives against weaker opponents but falters when the competition stiffens. He earned a ninety point zero PFF grade in twenty twenty three, behind only Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes, so that would put him as in the top tier. He was fourth bid okay, before a late season collapse ended his MVP bid. In twenty twenty four, the Cowboys stumbled early and a season in the injury. Wait a second, we'll get back.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to that.
Speaker 3: In a season ending injuries sideline Prescott before he could rebound to rejoin the top ten. Conversation, he must recapture the twenty twenty three form, improved can deliver against the league's best. Now, let's go back to the late season in twenty twenty three. Yes, he had victories over Philadelphia and Detroit in the last five games of the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 2: I don't know when the Minnesota game was, but that was Minnesota.
Speaker 3: At that time was a top tier that was second half of the year.
Speaker 2: Second half of the year. We putfore the on them, right, we before the on them? Am I right?
Speaker 4: So where were the losses?
Speaker 3: That was the Buffalo and Miami losses in December, they lost to Buffalo and Miami. Miami was a tight game basically came down to the not scoring on the goal line. And Buffalo is the game that they elected not to play a linebacker in that game, and jay Ron Curse was playing linebacker much of the game and Buffalo ran for two hundred and sixty five yards on forty nine.
Speaker 4: He's just going to bring that up.
Speaker 5: And he couldn't beat them, and we still should have beaten them, not Buffalo, but Miami. Of course, your boy, uh fumbled into the end zone, right, We fumbled into the end zone, and so that game could have been won. Fumbled into the end zone on the one yard line.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, was the Hunter lifty because he didn't know they were handing.
Speaker 2: I was like, I remember things too.
Speaker 3: Rex Burg had never played for the Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Uh Hunter, Okay, you remember now?
Speaker 3: Yes, that was just by the way he's in the mix for in this running back situation.
Speaker 5: Still, you know what, I don't even mess with him anymore because he actually has done some a lot of good things, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I was right on him, and you know what, another that's a another off season for him. He looks bigger, almost looks like a fullback now judging from what so see, I told you this place does have no credibility whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Well, that was fun, it was Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 4: And the other thing I wanted to point out about Dak think about the injury he had Okay, and we just take for granted that, well, you just come back, right, we're talking about a hamstring ligament pulled away from the bone. I don't know if I've heard of that before.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not just that injury. I mean he came to have the great year.
Speaker 5: He came off of a broken ankle, which is something that that was horrific to watch, and for him to come.
Speaker 6: Back from that and play as well as he did in twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, well, twenty one and twenty two.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, the way, now, if you're going to rank quarterbacks and you're projecting how well they'll do this year, and you're going to factor in, okay, the injury history. I'm not saying you rank him seventeenth, but that would bring him down a level just because you're not sure if he can play a full season or not, because he's had some injury issues here lately. But I mean, it's just ludacrous do go into this season saying, based on what we've seen when he has been healthy the last couple of years to rank him and the bottom half of the league is of the starting quarterbacks in the league, bottom half of the league, they just made sure they put him in the bottom half of the league at number seventeen.
Speaker 4: And that just feeds into the narrative out there that people have about him. By the way, because if and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Who we are, nice quarterback Indiana.
Speaker 4: If you don't as a quarterback win a super Bowl, no one ever changes their opinion that they had of you from the start, Right, So I always come co pared it to political candidates. If that's your guy, short of like doing something that he's got to be thrown into prison, you don't change your opinion.
Speaker 5: He and Josh Allen are on the same level, except for Josh didn't have as many injuries. Yeah, that's the difference that they have. I think both have the potential to go to the Super Bowl, did not except for the injuries. I think he and Josh Allen are very similar in the output, leadership, all of that.
Speaker 4: And other than winning the Super Bowl. People that didn't like him from the start don't change.
Speaker 2: But they love Josh though. Well, they love Josh because it's Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Why they love their teams in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves Buffalo.
Speaker 4: They still don't think the Stars scored the winning goal.
Speaker 3: All right, we're just getting started on Oh, and we've got a shorter show, so we're going to have to get through these next couple of right that trick because we were early start time on this Tuesday because of the Memorial Day holiday, and we'll be back with more mix shines than just a moment.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 2: A kickoff?
Speaker 7: Tailgate's going way past post game Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swagger Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lte and the two America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 3: Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 4: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Star letter?
Speaker 3: Rip Troy?
Speaker 8: All Right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddy French Press and Georgkalber. This day's hot Frivers and French Press thirty four ounds for U six four with the cruise of yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags bags of Waterproof and Versta Waterproof Double's waterprove bay bags, sports most of water shoul get a waterproof Yetti bag you.
Speaker 6: Don't smell something cooking.
Speaker 8: New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a staate cornbert commerce pot pine potatoes. Next over well three size of the yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 3: Gear gifts and product experts.
Speaker 9: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Laketown Square today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You wincot kits, slid for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect grow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right now to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demit shuts.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants and Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Visit Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 5: Com, Slash tickets or SeatGeek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys single game tickets.
Speaker 3: All right, very good, producer Supreme doing a supreme job.
Speaker 6: As she has been carried on top of it, he's carrying.
Speaker 3: And everything amazing. What a long weekend did for him to get him his juices flowing again.
Speaker 4: He was chopping up the bit to get back here on Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, all right, you got anything you want to go with right now, because I've got something. If you don't, no, go ahead. During the break, there was some music coming out of the cell phone of one Everson Walls over there, and he happened to be watching a music video of Savone Revel, the Cowboys' third round draft pick out of East Carolina. And I thought it was very interesting to hear Everson say this, This guy plays like me. Well, I feel like I'm watching me when I watch his highlights.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what he's doing, why he's doing it, what he's thinking while he's doing it. He's good. Now, he's good. And he's not just playing the receiver. He's playing the ball. He's playing the play, you know. So it's almost as if he knows what's coming. His anticipation is very well.
Speaker 4: Which is rather remarkable for the short college career he had, which.
Speaker 3: By the way, began at Lewisburg College in twenty twenty the Lewisbourg College Hurricanes. Of course, due to the pandemic, there was no season his freshman year, only played six games in twenty twenty one, and then he transferred to East Carolina.
Speaker 4: And played basically a season and a half two seasons. I don't know that he played the well, he got hurt in the twenty third or fourth game of the year. After the third game last year.
Speaker 5: Now, just his ability to negate the wide receiver speed is what I like about it. He positions himself within the route, within the you know, within the possession of the route.
Speaker 2: He knows. I think he had to play wide receiver.
Speaker 5: He had to have played wide receiver before because he knows what the wide receiver was trying to do as he as he runs through the ballut.
Speaker 4: I think maybe call it high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the show is high school.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he played.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he played receiver, probably played both.
Speaker 3: He played. Uh let's see. He attended Richard J. Reynolds High School before transferring to Ronald Reagan High School in nearby Paftown, North Carolina. Played cornerback and wide receiver for their football team and also lettered in track and field.
Speaker 2: Now he's got he's me with with a little bit of speed.
Speaker 3: All right, So what was your playing height and weight?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Six two, Well that was yours, that's what he six one in seven eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was lying about six two thanks, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Six one in seven eight something. Yeah, one hundred and ninety four pounds. Seriously, it was about you weren't looking at his No, no, no, that's what I was at the combine. He measured six one in seven eights, one hundred and arm lengthy arm length? What kind of arm length you have?
Speaker 2: What about? I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: It's that long save thirty two and five eighths?
Speaker 2: Is mine as longer than that? I think?
Speaker 3: Well you'd round it off to thirty three. Now let's get and I bought your hands span.
Speaker 6: I don't know, big palms, but short in five eights.
Speaker 3: Big hands for that?
Speaker 2: Big hands?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, look at his hand, Look at his hand. Wait, no, it's better. Well he didn't run afford it.
Speaker 4: Well he did when he went to East Carolina.
Speaker 6: He runs like a four to four yes something, yes, but.
Speaker 3: He did do the bench press, and that's what I'm getting at here. Yeah, how many times.
Speaker 11: Can you bench two and twenty? I'm sure it was horrible. Well I'm for this shure to twenty five? How many times can you it wasn't ten? Okay, he's at twelve yeah, so he's got that. Yeah, he found one thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but he's got better training though than you. I mean back and then you didn't have.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: We had to make up way to Grambling my senior year because you know, we were just that that.
Speaker 3: I bet he played center field in baseball too.
Speaker 5: He finally did in peterle League, High school people league baseball too. But no, his his, his, his ability to cut the receiver off and the gate his speed is something that he naturally does. And I think you know when you start talking about guys that kind of developed late in their careers, Uh, he's coming from here. He's not he's not trying to show you physically that he's got the greatest technique, but he's coming. He's coming from here first. So his his, his, his concentration is not on what kind of technique he has. His concentration is on where the receiver is going and how can I get the ball? Because you can see that he's always looking for the ball. And we've got digs, we've got bland. Those guys can do it well, but they want to run with the receiver. It's a challenge for them to keep up with the receiver. With guys like myself and Ravel, it's about negating your progress down the field, and now I become the receiver as opposed to being the defender. So you've got guys like Diggs and Bland who who loved the race, They love the chase. I think with this guy here, it's all about the intellect. It's all about I'm going to run the route better than you, not about speed.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Bland, in some of the defensive sets when they were eleven on eleven, Bland was working out of the lot.
Speaker 2: Was he yes, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 3: So and that's basically where he got his start in the NFL when Jordan Lewis went down with an injury.
Speaker 4: Then had and then they had another injury and he moved outside, so outside then with no digs here, Elam was at one spot.
Speaker 6: Who is a guy that.
Speaker 4: They really need to if he's got it in him to step up and become somebody that was drafted in the first round that Buffalo gave up on. So he's got some measurables and whatever that you know, and now it was a late first round pick, but if they can get something out of him, because you know, if if, if Rebel's ready and they get something out of him, and Diggs gets back at some point and Bland is on the field, then you feel better about the cornerback position. But at this point, to me, I still think they got to keep their eye on a veteran who's still out there in free agency.
Speaker 6: What about Crossing and he's another one.
Speaker 4: Can he take that next step because he got off to a good start, had the shoulder injury, had to come back from it in the off season. Now can he get back to where he was in training?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 4: And those are things you really don't know until you start playing tackle football.
Speaker 5: They had a couple of DB's out there, veteran DB's, and are they still out there?
Speaker 6: Have any moves been made within the last week.
Speaker 3: There have been no moves made within the last week. And I think, Mickey, what you're talking about is this is a time where they're figuring out what they have have right and where they are in the rehab on the guys coming off injuries. And I think once we get through this three week process through the mandatory mini camp, then they'll reassess and see what they have head and forward.
Speaker 4: In the training camp because they if they've got enough there what you can call it, still out there right, Uh, Stefan.
Speaker 3: Gilmore is still out there, and there's some others too, so.
Speaker 4: And those guys don't want them, No, they don't want to go through all this, and they'll sit tight and then their their.
Speaker 3: Pay could increase depending on injuries that happened in the off season and on into training camp. Really so it may it probably be training camp before.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: But going back to our first segment, I can't stress how important it is that our quarterback is out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a serious injury. I don't know that people understand that.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I'm talking about the connection now.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know. But from a physical standpoint, we take that stuff for granted. Oh, he got hurt, he had surgery, you get back, well, not so much.
Speaker 5: I'm still extremely nervous about that injury. Why you because yeah, I've never heard of something like that happened.
Speaker 2: So and.
Speaker 4: I can't remember it was how he got tackled. I'm trying to remember what how the injury occurred.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it occurred, but I remember it.
Speaker 4: Was shown on the throw because he couldn't step into Yeah.
Speaker 3: But he had made a run before, right, and remember he had that game. He was actually running more.
Speaker 4: All over there, so for all those people want to see him run them all more?
Speaker 3: Right, All right, now, one more break and we're back to wrap up mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at the team.
Speaker 6: Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 5: Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You wincot slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours, You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 7: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Clue, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: To Mix Shots.
Speaker 5: Summer, Step onto the Field with Dallas Cowboys Youth football and dance Camps presented by Visiline.
Speaker 2: Athletes of all skill levels, ages six.
Speaker 5: To sixteen are invited to learn from former NFL players and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers have the chance to learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash camps to learn more. Wait, we got football and cheerleaders, football and dance camps.
Speaker 2: What if a guy wants to do both?
Speaker 3: What's the timing on them?
Speaker 2: The timing can't? You can't? You could probably do both both. Yeah, they're both, they're both there. But it's just.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem like the right mix. You got the girls and then you got the guys over there. H Well, it doesn't have to be just girls and guys.
Speaker 2: It could be right, Yeah, you're right. The girls could go to the football guy football.
Speaker 3: All right, mickey, we got our final five minutes here of mixed shots for this week, and so give it your best shot.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think of the Oh, by the way, I was going to point this out, they're not playing any games on the offensive line like you know usually at this time of year when they get rookies come in, they kind of wait their turn behind the veteran. Tyler Booker is your starting right guard?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was out there first. Usually it's like, well, in deference to the veteran, this guy's got to earn his way. They ain't even be what's the number one question mark on this team? I think the number one question mark that is more prevalent than say, what's going to happen at linebacker, which I think is significant, is the running back position.
Speaker 2: What do you think go left tackle?
Speaker 4: He's a guy that has to I did a deal last week and the guys that need to take the next step. You know, we always talk about who's.
Speaker 3: The biggest jump that a player makes in his career is from the first year to the second.
Speaker 4: Well, it better be because they're counting on him. I mean that's what that's the old that's what the coaches would say, Yeah, because he jumped the first year. Everybody's not Everson Walls. They're counting on him because there's really no other alternative there that I think they'd sink their teeth into. They had awesome Richards working at guard most of the time, so at that left tackle position, he needs to make that jump to solidify that offensive line.
Speaker 5: I have to disagree, and I think I kind of go back and forth on this. I don't know how consistent I've been, but our defensive front needs to be bigger.
Speaker 2: We need some big boys. Well, we need some big boys. We need some, We need some.
Speaker 4: Now they need some bad boys.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, bad boys with big bodies. Right, you got to have a big body.
Speaker 5: I don't care how bad you are, you get your butt swallowed up down there at around two hundred and eighty pounds or whatever. You gotta have some guys closer to three hundred pounds down there in that what they call it one one technique. You gotta have some guys down there for that. Because man, we're going to come up against some running teams in the NFC East, right.
Speaker 3: Well, they're throwing a lot of seventh round draft picks at it, right, justin Rodgers last year, to Jay Toya this year, to Tommy I can bemo do b GOODU.
Speaker 4: So Solomon Thomas is going to play in there. Now, he's just a shade under three hundred.
Speaker 3: He's not one of those.
Speaker 5: If we have not shown that we can stop the run last year. What do you think they're gonna come out doing to us this year?
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, that's why guys like and you're right, it's all like seventh round or well it's.
Speaker 3: Mozzi and Mozzi's got to take.
Speaker 6: He's got to is another one of them. He's got to what's Mozzi's what's Mozi's dimensions?
Speaker 3: Well, he was listed coming out as three hundred and thirty seven pounds, okay, and he lost down to three hundred.
Speaker 2: That's the six year.
Speaker 4: They've got him listed at six three, three twenty five, so he's kind of back to where he needed whatever reason he lost that point. And then Justin Rogers is back at three twenty two.
Speaker 6: He he may have added more muscle, which which is good, equals pounds.
Speaker 4: And then the guy that's their ninety first person because he's an international guy. He grew up or was born in the Bahamas, Denzel Dackson. He's three twenty two. And then what is Joya is three forty two each the.
Speaker 3: Seventh round draft pick out of UCLA.
Speaker 4: And Ernest Brown is listed at six five, three hundred, but they've got him listed as a defensive end. So you're right on the defensive line that has to significantly change because teams ran on him last year. Still that hasn't changed, and they'll try again. But again, if that does improve, then the linebacker thing gets negated.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, that was next.
Speaker 4: And when they were in Nickel, the two linebackers the majority of the time that were out there were Murray, uh and Sanborn.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting we haven't heard much talk about Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 4: I know they've got him sign playing outside. Okay, So if it was three linebackers right now, I think it would be Leo File Murray and.
Speaker 3: So who's your green dot?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sanborne? I think believe it or not, at this point I.
Speaker 3: Thought so Sanborne was playing in the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it would be the other way around.
Speaker 3: We'll see. So Kenjick's not coming back, no, I doubt it, and Kenneth Murray takes.
Speaker 4: This spot, they would it would be a as far as salary wise, huge bonus of demon. Clark took the next step because we forget when he when he ended up starting in twenty twenty three, he led the team in tackles, by the way, and I don't know if he fell out of favor last year with how Zim was running his defense.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. It's a third different defensive coordinator in the last three years, and so you don't know what the Iberflus thinks about these linebackers, right. It could be different from what Zimmer thought, from what Quinn thought. We know what Quinn thought. He didn't after vander esh got hurt. He didn't have any linebacker.
Speaker 2: I like, like, I like, how do you say his name?
Speaker 6: I love his his his concentration is on linebacker.
Speaker 4: He was a linebacker assistant. Yeah, they had good linebackers and he I think he somewhat trusts Sanborn. He's never been a starter, but he had him with the Bears, and when they brought him in, I was thinking, well, okay, it's a special teams guy, nice backup guy that knows the coaches system well.
Speaker 3: And I assume too that he likes Kenneth Murray because that's a move that they made early on in the off season, was to trade for Kenneth Murray. And Okay, Eberflus knows what's out there in free agency. He knows what he's got on this team. He's had time to look and he knows what's around the league, and I'm sure he signed off on yeall, let's get him.
Speaker 4: And you can't hold your hat on Overshown to say he's going to be ready to season is. I don't think that's going to happen. I think he's got to start probably on.
Speaker 3: One thing about Murray about he'll be on pup to start. And then but one thing about Murray. You look at his athleticism, right, and it's a lot like Overshown and maybe could be used in a different way than what he was used either and with the Chargers or with the Titans as far as he's got the ability to get to rush as well, he's got some athleticism.
Speaker 4: And this is an experimental time, right, it's not set in stone, right because he still might be in the middle.
Speaker 3: You don't know, so what you have.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting to watch these next couple of days if they've adjusted anything, because one thing that Schottenheimer said was they're going to give different guys opportunities to work with the first unit, just to kind of give say, okay, what you can you know, what can you do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: The reviews on him, by the way, and I think that's the first time we mentioned his name from the players stamp, who's him? Schottenheimer? Remember him, he's the We're very high on some of the things that he's been trying to implement. Team building and all that stuff's great, right, but you've got to have some talent to work with, right. The fact that he's trying to get more of the guys competing, you know they've got They moved, for whatever it's worth, the ping pong table from the player's lounge into the locker room and they were actually playing, right, And there's arguments about who's the best, uh in Dak's estimate, Uh, he calls him bangor, but it's Brian Anger, the punter.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 4: He hits the home runs and he's best at ping pong and he's not a bad punter. The other thing they've done is they've moved a basketball goal up into the offices and they're having free throw shooting contests for whatever. That's all the yeah, just to get guys to go up against each other. Right, So I think that's great and and and that's kind of his idea. I think we talked about it.
Speaker 5: When you're bringing in a lot of different guys, that could be a way for them to get to know each other.
Speaker 4: His point was, I want everybody to know that guy's story, right, you know, and just so you.
Speaker 3: Don't want him isolated off at another place, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, another reason why Michael Parsons needs to be out there.
Speaker 2: Man. That was fast.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It went by very fast.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: We'll be back at our regular time next Monday at eleven am for mix shots.
Speaker 2: So Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.