Speaker 1: Drafted in the third round of the nineteen ninety six NFL Draft by the forty nine ers. He is renowned for his exceptional hands and ability to make plays. He ranks third in NFL history in both receiving yards and touchdowns. He was a six time Pro Bowl selection and was named to the two thousands All Decade Team. Born in Alexander City, Alabama, known for his flamboyan touchdown celebrations, he was often seen as a decisive figure off the field. He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in two thousand and eighteen. Jules, what wild dude are we talking about right now?
Speaker 2: Right here? As wild dude number two, Let's get on to t oh Man was a wild dude.
Speaker 1: What's the wildless thing that comes to your mind when you hear of Terrell Owens aka to the first.
Speaker 3: Thing that comes to my mind him doing sit ups in front of his house, on a sit up like ben with all the media outside of him.
Speaker 4: Was it during his suspension?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: It was during his suspension when he got suspended by the Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 4: He looked yoked.
Speaker 2: He looked yoked, and he looked yoked.
Speaker 1: What I remember that press conference that he did outside of his home when he was doing the sit ups, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you I was.
Speaker 1: I was such in shock of how yoked he was and how ripped that I truly didn't believe that I could play in the NFL from there, because I thought that's what you had to look like in order to catch PSI in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, absolute specimen, absolute freak of nature.
Speaker 1: He looked like the guy didn't have an ounce of fat on him, and I was like, damn, I want to look like that one day.
Speaker 2: Man, that guy is ripped.
Speaker 4: Great smile too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's beautiful. He is freaking te o. Man.
Speaker 3: He I grew up watching him and I saw I mean, I remember when it just changed overnight.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: He he struggled with drops early in his career, and then it was that wild card weekend or divisional round game against Green where Steve Young almost fell in.
Speaker 4: His drop and hit him down the middle of.
Speaker 3: The field on a split split safety seam and Terrell caught a ball in front in between. Three guys got crunch, made the play, they won the game, and like from there on out, he just took off And is that.
Speaker 1: The play that he you know, started crying right after he made the catch. That just shows that someone loves the game of football as well, to have that type of emotion after a play like that and then you're crying right there and then on the field.
Speaker 4: He's an emotional guy.
Speaker 1: That's that's the That's when you know you love the game of football. Though, when a play can make you cry.
Speaker 3: He loved You could tell he he loved he loved football. He liked playing football. I don't know, but he didn't love you know. There's a lot of the team stuff where you know, he Andy Reid is considered probably the most like he's a big player coach right from what we hear, I never.
Speaker 2: Played coach that takes no no ship.
Speaker 3: And he had to get him out and traded him in the division to Cowboys. That's crazy to me. That's a wild move I've heard though. If you go in, if you go against like your rival, that's like one of the oldest rivalries in goddamn football, Philly fucking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And he was still elite, Like that's how wild of a dude you have to be.
Speaker 2: He was wild in all aspects.
Speaker 1: He was wild, you know, playing the game of football, He was wild off the field. He was wild with touchdown celebrations, but he was also wild with what he was going through when playing in some of the games, like the broken leg or the broken ankle in the Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl Crazy he broke He literally.
Speaker 1: Broke his ankle like two weeks toward whatever it was, it was basically broken. He played against the Pats in Super Bowl thirty nine. What he he had what I think like nine receptions for one hundred twenty plus yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from what I recall.
Speaker 1: Yes, New England won that Super Bowl baby twenty four to twenty one. But obviously Philadelphia ego, they got us back when they beat us in what twenty seventy seventeen. That's because Julian wasn't playing. Jules, if you were playing, we would have won that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you game.
Speaker 4: You had no problem on offense that year.
Speaker 1: And what's wild about it too, is he signed a waiver to go against the doctor's orders in order to play that game because the doctors were telling him that he couldn't play because of how significant the injury was. But he was so wild, so ambitious, and loved the game of football so much, and he was so wild in his rehab that he got himself to the point where he was able to play in that Super Bowl. And like I said, I'm gonna say it again, nine receptions one hundred and twenty two yards.
Speaker 2: What two weeks.
Speaker 1: After breaking your ankle or or three weeks or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was. Actually I think he broke it.
Speaker 1: It was week fifteen, so he had about four or five weeks to recover and play in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's fast, bro. You got to give him credit.
Speaker 3: Man, He's like one of those ultra competitors where like, it doesn't matter what's going on outside the game, whenever you put him inside the lines, he's in a ball.
Speaker 2: And when I watch his film.
Speaker 3: He's a he's absolutely a freak out there with how big he was, with how he could catch the ball. He looked like a tight end in the middle of the field. But he's fast. He's fucking you know what. You never saw anyone catch t O from behind?
Speaker 2: How did he remind you?
Speaker 4: Remind me of you?
Speaker 2: I agree with that, bro.
Speaker 1: What I loved about TiO on the field, especially his young days, Bro, this guy was strong, strong, long legs, strong legs, and the most important thing was he never got tired to be that size six', four two hundred and twenty plus pounds and to never get, tired yapp in his mouth doing his, antics going for over one hundred plus shards a.
Speaker 2: Game you know, what that's impressed because Of what's it because?
Speaker 3: Of because he was drafted To San francisco and he saw it How Jerry rice, was And Jerry rice was the most in shape mother in the history of the goddamn. Game AND i, guarantee regardless of owt and shape, T jerry Was jerry. Still and then once you, KNOW i remember the day On Jerry rice's day that Freaking too caught twenty damn balls On Jerry rice's last game in as A. Niner but like having that, horse that rabbit, horse of What Jerry rice was helped make, too how Crazy too was because in the back of his, mind he's probably, thinking, man that's the greatest.
Speaker 2: Receiver i'm better than.
Speaker 3: Him but he saw How jerry, prepared so he probably took a little bit of.
Speaker 1: That that's a good, point, man well. Said and what also Made too so great as a football player as.
Speaker 2: Well he was so.
Speaker 1: Explosive he's so explosive it didn't matter if it was, coming you, know right off the line into the route or after making the. Catch he would just explode right up the. Field and he was so strong because you could tell you he was so strong because like you, said he reminded me of, ME i would just say a little bit skinnier and at the wide receiver, position he's.
Speaker 4: Kind of LIKE Aj. Brown, yes it reminds me of A. J.
Speaker 1: Brown and anyone that tried tackling, him he would just throw the defender right off of.
Speaker 2: HIM o broke.
Speaker 1: Tackles he broke tackles like no other wide receiver broke. Tackles that's why he kind of reminds me of. Myself it looked like he was a mini me just running through the. Defense and he was so physical as well at top of the. Route that's what got him open plenty of. Times on top of having a deep ball and running by a. Defender that's what Made too so great and special and special as, well and that's why he's a top five receiver of all, time all time.
Speaker 3: FIVE i, mean you watch his film on like five different. Teams even when he was old, guy he was still making crazy. PLAY i, mean he played in a professional. GAME i, think like four years ago at, fifty like he's still a.
Speaker 1: Specimen, yes he's playing in basketball, leagues celebrity basketball. Games doesn't get, tired and he's always he's always ready to. Go, man he's never. SORE i feel like every Time i've seen, him he's just full.
Speaker 3: Speed how wild was it when he went to Fucking dallas and did the star?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 2: Well what was?
Speaker 1: Wild well that was when he was On San francisco he did the star thing That Emtt smith came back and did the star. Thing he's so freaking wild that he went back and did it again after scoring another, touchdown asked how wild too? Is and he Had dallas absolutely hate. Him and then what was so wild in the end is he got traded to The dallas at you, know some point in his career From Philadelphia, eagles and then they fell in love with him In dallas as well because he was such a baller and so wild out there on the field and had a freaking like fifty WILD td celebrations as well In. Dallas what OTHER?
Speaker 3: TD i remember him doing the popcorn in the. Face oh wait, up he tossed me a ball real.
Speaker 1: Quick, yeah, YEAH i got you here Here julee Oh, Oh Tony, Romo Tony.
Speaker 3: Oh touchdown touchdown one of the most famous one that we, saw even Influenced christian McCaffrey on one of our episodes When you're seven years, old seven years old takes out signs the ball after a, touchdown takes out his.
Speaker 2: Sock how fucking.
Speaker 3: Crazy it's kind of like when you took out the easy button on your fucking you're out of the THING i.
Speaker 1: GOT i Got jeweles'. Autograph, dude, Dude i'm going right To. eBay, BABY i need some money in my bank. Account how much WILL i Get?
Speaker 3: Jewels probably three hundred. Bucks did he influence you to take out the easy?
Speaker 1: Button because actually that is exactly who influenced, me because ONCE i saw the easy button in my locker When staples sent it to, ME i actually was, Like, Oh i'm gonna hide this behind the.
Speaker 2: Goalposts, no he hid something behind a Goal.
Speaker 3: That Was Joe horn with the cell. Phone ocho what Ted ocho tried to hide the easy?
Speaker 4: Button put it this.
Speaker 1: WAY i was inspired By teo And Chad ocho, combined and that's what made me do the easy. Button you, know celebration in practice to those two guys and inspired me to be freaking absolutely.
Speaker 2: Wild so here.
Speaker 1: We go sign football right, here inspired by T, o and we'll be giving this football away everyone one lucky.
Speaker 3: Fan best comment section in. Something we'll discover what it. Is but you gotta do something really. Cool what else we? Got do we miss anything?
Speaker 2: Else? Yeah WHAT i really.
Speaker 1: Love about too as, well and what made him such a beast on the field and so hard to tackle is the way he ran and the way he just got his knees up in the.
Speaker 2: Air he ran with high.
Speaker 1: Knees when you run with high knees like, that it's hard to take someone out and especially catch him from. Behind and that's why he looked like what are those gazales out? There, yeah he looked like a gazal when he was, running like kind of like a horse as, well and that's why no one could catch. Him and that's why he was so, great so, fast so, talented because of those.
Speaker 2: High, knees that drive that he. Has how old IS tl right? Now he's.
Speaker 3: Fifty he still looks, great, Man he still looks like a professional. Athlete if you SEE i saw him like maybe a couple years ago somewhere he was cool as fuck and he still looked like you could go out what a. Fuck El dorado is his middle, Name El, Dorado.
Speaker 2: Torrell Al, dorado Olwins.
Speaker 3: Elder that is a SICK i would have gone As El, dorado El Dorado.
Speaker 1: OWENS i would have been a badass football Name El.
Speaker 2: Dorado imagine just putting Al. Dorado i'm back of a jersey name.
Speaker 4: El oh, everyone why don't you give me?
Speaker 2: Someway you'll know that. Song what's the craziest injury that you played?
Speaker 1: THROUGH i would, Say, UH i basically did the same. Thing uh WHEN i basically snapped my ankle in HALF Afc championship game Or Baltimore. RAVENS i came back in that game about fifteen minutes later and, played you, know about eight minutes with eight minutes left in the fourth. Quarter so that was one of the craziest INJURIES i played.
Speaker 2: Through.
Speaker 1: Oh, ALSO i broke six of my ribs WHEN i was In. TAMPA i got level going across the. Middle tom set me up once. AGAIN i think.
Speaker 2: We we've we've we talked about, that didn't WE i don't.
Speaker 1: Know i'm not, Sure like we talked about that, already AND i broke six of my ribs and then the x ray machine showed THAT i didn't break any. Ribs SO i went back in the, game, like, OH i, CAN'T i gotta go back AND i, can't you, know be a be a. Sissy the x ray machine SAID i had no broken. Ribs SO i go back in the, game get two more. Catches i'm, Like i'm, hurting, Bro i'm hurting like. This this this is. Bad SO i take myself back out of the. Game we go home and THEN i get AN mri AND i have six broken. Ribs, jesus SO i played through. That that Was that was. Painful that was.
Speaker 3: Painful what about him And ocho having A tv show?
Speaker 1: TOGETHER i remember it was hosted by Like Kevin fraser and it was like a.
Speaker 2: Network we really never heard of. It but what would our show be?
Speaker 4: Called?
Speaker 3: Name that's the. Show it's pretty good. Name how ABOUT Theo Gronky, Nuts Gronky, NUTS i like, it gronk And.
Speaker 2: Jewels Gronking. Jewels and then.
Speaker 4: Last let us know what you guys think of our.
Speaker 3: Show it should Be, also we'd be crazy if we don't talk about when he started crying About Tony romo and that's my. Quarterback you know how many Times i've used that in just like a jokingly.
Speaker 2: Term i've heard you use it plenty of.
Speaker 1: Times what about his shade, though those those are some pretty awful.
Speaker 2: SHADES i liked.
Speaker 4: HIM i thought they were.
Speaker 2: SWAGGY i was not a fan of. THEM i bet you.
Speaker 3: He's just a misunderstood. Dude he's got a lot of emotions in. THERE i wonder what his upbringing was because he would have those, bursts you know WHAT i. Mean but you knew he loved the. Game, well what kind of dude Is Torell?
Speaker 2: Owens?
Speaker 3: JULES i think it's easy for this. ONE i, mean he's he could put him in as a dog because he's a. Dog he's definitely a stud. Whiz he's he's could be a.
Speaker 2: WHIZ i mean he.
Speaker 1: Definitely it was all purpose on the. FIELD i mean he could take handoffs as. Well he could do everything on.
Speaker 2: That, yeah he.
Speaker 1: Was he was an everything on the football player besides a running.
Speaker 4: Back BUT i think it's one thing and one thing.
Speaker 1: Only, YEAH i agree with. YOU i mean this guy had on parallel physical. Abilities one his instincts were through the. ROOF I i gotta.
Speaker 3: Go, one, two, three, freak, absolute freaking.
Speaker 1: MATE i got another question real, Quick, jewels would you cry For Tom?
Speaker 3: BRADY i did cry For Tom, brady but it wasn't in the same. Context it was WHEN i read about him Leaving New england and without you, know reading it from. HIM i read it ON espn bottom ticker That brady signed To Tampa, bay and then you, KNOW i had a single tier run down my my.
Speaker 2: BEARD i just.
Speaker 3: Saw him three days before, Too jimmy fucking fallin at the Goddamn syracuse.
Speaker 4: Game the guy didn't hint anything to.
Speaker 2: ME i feel for, You. Jeles would you cry for? HIM i?
Speaker 4: Have are you gonna cry right? Now let's see if you? Can can you cry on?
Speaker 2: Command i'm just crying just thinking about a good. Times think is THAT.
Speaker 4: I see a? Tear i'm. TRYING i see it.
Speaker 2: Here i'm. TRYING i just. TRIED i ALMOST i almost got a. Teer, WOW i almost got a. Tier that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Good i'm actually feeling more.
Speaker 2: Emotional, now where did you go to get the?
Speaker 1: EMOTION i just thought about all Our Super bowl wins and how much work we put in and and how it's all.
Speaker 3: Over that's what you pulled from to get the TIER i need. To i'm working on my. TEARS i just did an audition WHERE i had to have a sex scene with the guy over. ZOOM i didn't get the fucking.
Speaker 2: Roll that's. Good i'm glad you did it to. Us, god it would be the definition of dudes on. Dudes