Speaker 1: Hey, Happy Halloween from Covino and Rich, Daniel's son Covino of Miagi Do Karate.
Speaker 2: I'm the weakest, ask Johnny Lawrence of all time?
Speaker 3: Dicky Lawrence Here, Cobra Kai, Bonzi whatever, LaRussa again, Welcome to the show, our bonus podcast over promised episode sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween.
Speaker 3: Normally we're on two to four on the West, five to seven on East Fox Sports Radio. Just search Covino and Rich. But got a little treat for you in the form of you know, people that maybe you switched your mind on things, you switched your mind on your pa. There you go, one eighty plus Rich has your bets for Thursday night foosball. And since we're dressed as Cobra Kai, makes us think of November fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a big day because not only Mike Diaphon, Jake Paul New Day thing fad, we also got the final season Cobra Kai.
Speaker 4: Well it's part two of three, right, part two.
Speaker 3: Of the final season again, Yeah, November fifteenth of Cobra Kai. Also, New Lincoln Park comes out on November fifteenth. So far, how are you getting pat yourself exactly day? But I'm kind of excited about, well, how's this gonna wrap up? We have to give prompts to Cobra Kai for really bringing it and coming back. It started on YouTube brand, and the Netflix got into it, and then the world got into it. It was a pretty big show. But Rich is saying that it may be overstated. It's welcome a little.
Speaker 2: Bit slightly right, And we have other shows and people that have overstayed their welcome. But when I think of Cobra Kai, the crazy part is Billy Zapka, Ralph Macchio. These guys did a couple hours of movies when we were kids. They are far more popular for these roles on Cobra Kai. I agree, more hours, multiple seasons, but.
Speaker 3: What you're saying they stretched out maybe a little too long, cash in a little too long. You can say the same thing about Stranger Things By at the time that comes back, these kids are gonna be thirty five years old with mustaches, right, right.
Speaker 2: But there are times though where too much of a good thing, because oh listen, we love Cobra Kai. But it's at the point now where I'll watch. But I'm not that fired up about November fifteenth.
Speaker 3: I mean, after the Tyson fight, after he wins got to put some good mojo out there. We'll probably tune in, how about you let us know. But it got us thinking about maybe shows players in sports, they may have overstayed their Well, if you talk about shows, we'll throw Cobra Kai there.
Speaker 2: How about a show we all loved in the two thousands, The Off, but when Michael Scott left, when no more Steve Carell. I mean, we all love ed Helms, we love you know, Will Ferrell, We love what they brought to the table. But the newer Office.
Speaker 3: You know, these are one of the things that I'm gonna have to take your word on because I never watched The Office, but I do know that anytime a main character leaves, it's never the same.
Speaker 4: And you're like, if you.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about when people leave. I always thought it was odd how they tried to keep Roseanne going as the Connors, and I think it might still be on the you know what, not watching without Roseanne way over stated. I know that wasn't the plan at all, but way over state, it's welcome there. And how about this one.
Speaker 3: It may be number one on the board when it comes to TV shows, and it's not Cobra Khan because clearly I'm a fan The Walking Dead, and look, you have to be awesome to even be on this list, right, people have had to care at least at some point to even make the list, because we welcome this show. For a long time, we loved this show. This is one of my favorite shows. But it got to a point where I'm like, yeah, I think I'm over it.
Speaker 4: I think we all felt that way.
Speaker 3: And I know the turning point for me is when spoiler alert, Chorl died Coral. I still watch for a little bit and then Fear the Walking Dead came out and I'm like, oh, this got some juice, But then I totally fell off. I don't even know what happened on that show. So I went from so invested to not really invested at all. Yeah, listen, it was must watch TV.
Speaker 2: I would say it's probably on a lot of our top ten lists, like of all time.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like you, all shows we mentioned were great at one point you look forward to every episode, but you're a Chorl died and there were the whispers the Nagan and the Governor and that you know what it turned out to be. It ended up being like hul Cogan in the eighties and nineties, where every month or every season be like, who's the new bad guy that seems unbeatable that Rick and the crew will beat.
Speaker 4: And where are they living now? It's a photo of Rich Carl and uh Rick Rans Oh yeah, Seablock that is me. Yeah, the biggest sea block.
Speaker 2: So that's TV shows, Walking Dead, The Office, Cobra Kai, the Connors. I'm a big How I Met Your Mother fan, and a lot of people hated the last season because of who the mother died and everything, but even that last season sort of stretched on same with Dexter, so even great shows sometimes limped to the finish.
Speaker 3: People often bring up Dexter when it comes to this stuff. I kind of like the comeback. I sort of like the way it ended. Did it over States? Welcome is coming back? I don't know, but based on Cobra Kai, I'm excited for it. But I could see how people said, you know, we should have beened last season, but they got to cash in now. When it comes to Athlete, you mean you're not excited about the Sakai ta Kai.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, and it's a little corny. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, let me tell you about fifteenth when I moved from the East Coast to southern California, I thought karate would be a way bigger deal.
Speaker 4: We live in the valley.
Speaker 2: I don't see this karate that's right here. So you wear your new car by the way at uh Larisso automotives. Yeah, man, they're chopping down the competition. You guys aren't actually wearing costumes. You have a karate bout later, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, we're fighting in the Old Valley Championship. Later. People don't know I go to the dojo. Lah.
Speaker 3: Wait, they thought this was a Halloween custome. Oh, there's a tournament later.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Seems that when it comes to overstaying, you're welcome. You think of athletes, right, a lot of greats. You have to be a great to overstay, right, because you're worried about their legacy. But it's their legacy to worry about. What comes to mind to me as a fight fan is Muhammad Ali. Muhammad Ali was fifty six and five, the greatest of all time, the prettiest, like a butterflies thing, like a bait.
Speaker 4: No one greater than Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 3: But he lost three of his last four fights, and quite honestly, he shouldn't have been fighting at all. He lost to Leon Spinks, a young Larry Holmes, and Trevor Berbick. He was fighting in nineteen eighty one, dude, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's like he's stay made way too long. He wasn't all there.
Speaker 3: He wasn't the same Muhammad Ali. He shouldn't have been in the ring, but they led him in the ring. When you watch back at those fights, there was no way this guy was gonna be a young, hungry Larry Holmes, and he.
Speaker 2: Stood on way too long. That's that's the thing. When you are the best, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right around, nothing's gonna happen. You're down, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're the best around Allah Muhammad Ali or Tom Brady. Unless you do it John Elway and walk away after back to back Super Bowls, you're always gonna see decline. Like I hate to say it, because everyone sweats him like he's, you know, the Lord and Savior Michael Jordan as a wizard. I know he came out of retirement, but to me, that that over stateds welcome, Like I don't I want to remember Michael Jordan as a ball. This to me was like, you know, when when Michael Jordan was scoring twenty and the Wizards were like trying to make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: That was not the Jordan you wanted to remember.
Speaker 3: No, and again, it's understandable and is his career, and we respect all of that, but when you're such a legend and you're a goat, we as fans don't want to think about that, and we're like, yeah, the Wizard days, yeah kind of overstayed as welcome.
Speaker 2: To wrap up this list, we're gonna witness it. Maybe later on tonight Aaron Rodgers on the two and six, maybe after tonight two and seven. Jets, like, this guy was on top of the world in Green Bay, quintessential playoff team year after year after year. Arguably people said he you know, he has won super Bowl, but always in the conversation of best quarterback of all time?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, And you're getting the feeling that he stayed around a little too long this whole Jets portion of his career.
Speaker 4: No bueno.
Speaker 3: You're getting to hear too much about things you don't care about, Like he's drinking cayenne pepper.
Speaker 4: And water, so he feels great now. So you mean the fountain of youth. Yeah, he found the fountain of youth.
Speaker 3: It's like nobody's rooting against any of the people we talked about, especially Rogers, but starting to get the vibe that he stuck around a little too long.
Speaker 4: Little grain is beard.
Speaker 3: You know, he's on a weak ass team. It's not the Aaron Rodgers that you know and that you want to remember. Do we wish he could turn it around?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Why not.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of greatness. But look, father time undefeated. As they say, no hate, not hating, just stating.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm a little distracted because while you have the dark hair color of Daniel L.
Speaker 4: Russell, look at this weak ass blonde wick.
Speaker 3: Where that's a week? That's a week should I mean, it's no different than your brown wick. I mean it's just a little Messier's true? You mean the anywhere is every day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the one you wear all the time? Yeah, this looks weak as hell. That's I mean, that's technically a two pay. But Shottie Lurtz.
Speaker 3: So if you want to add to the list of anything that overstate, it's welcome. Hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag over promised, what do you think about the names we came up with? Like I said, add to it all you want. Now that being said, moving forward, I do want to reluctantly congratulate the Dodgers for meeting up with a Yankees team.
Speaker 4: That blew it. Yankees didn't show up.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad for this guy right here, his first and only error of the year.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rods.
Speaker 3: What's that he's holding? I mean, Aaron Judge. Aarons are not having a good time in the yard.
Speaker 4: Aaron's are having a bad week. What's that he's holding?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is the bat that he lost during the postseason. But he had a nice home run yesterday. Man, but his first and only era at the worst time possible, because everything unraveled then and again. Not to take away from the Dodgers, the Yankees sucked, though, Congrats to the Doyers and Rich.
Speaker 4: Not only did the Yankees lose.
Speaker 3: The World Series, but I think they lost Juan Soto in the process. I really believe that if you were him and you had all these options, would you want to sign up to play with these dudes who choked when the bright lights were on?
Speaker 2: I mean, Jan Soto is talking like a businessman the minute the World Series ended, saying like, yo, he's open to all thirty teams.
Speaker 4: He has no preference. I bring it so.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think those are negotiation tactics, like why say he's happy? Why say he wants to stay when there's so many people that want him? But let me tell you before the start of the season, Look, he's gonna be available. There he is to all thirty teens, saying what's up to the fans before the start of the season. You know, I'm an al guy. Soto was in the NL for all of his career with the Padres and the Nationals. I wasn't that keen on Soto. I know he had great numbers, and you know, I knew he was a great player. But Rich was like, dude, you're gonna love him, and you know what, I sort of pulled a one to eighty.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was indifferent on the guy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, he's good, but how many good guys show up to your team and deliver?
Speaker 4: I remember what was the real deal when the Yanks got Soto?
Speaker 2: Thanks you, thank you forgiving me props because I saw him way more often being a National League I watch more National League Baseball, and I'm like Cavino. He works every at bet he walks, he gets on base, He's like motivated, like everything about him.
Speaker 4: He plays hard.
Speaker 3: So I went from not that excited about Sodo to realizing, well, they wouldn't be at the World Series without this guy. He's a clutch dude. He's got a lot of heart. The Yankees need that. I went from being indifferent pulling a full one eighty to like, Yo, this guy's awesome. Forty four bombs props to him, you know. So again, it's all about that fine line or that thin line between love and hate. Yeah, things that I hated Sodo, but I didn't really care about him that right now I love him.
Speaker 2: There are things you are allowed to change your mind on. So when you think about those things that you pulled the one eighty on, are you know what I used to feel completely different? Well, you're allowed to change your mind, like you said, Yeah, I mean, I'll give let me give you a few if you want to go through these sure things that you've changed your mind on drastically and hit us up at Covin and Rich speaking of sports Fox Sports Radio every day.
Speaker 4: Before I had kids, I was the guy that was like, what do you mean you don't keep score? You know, you gotta win, win, win, win. A bunch of pussy kids these days.
Speaker 2: And then I started coaching my daughter's softball, t ball, I started coaching and helping out with soccer, and I see these four, five and six year olds running around, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, you don't keep score? Keep scoring?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: They don't even know the fundamentals of the game. They hit the ball, every kid bats, they all run around the bases, they half of them running the wrong direction. So I used to think you need to keep score and be competitive from the minute you start. Now, I say, eight to ten years old, when they really start to grasp the game again.
Speaker 3: And you're allowed to change your mind. You're allowed to evolve a little bit. And it's not that you're saying don't keep score at all. We're just saying that now you get it, maybe around eight or nine. Yeah, I actually agree with that after witnessing it myself.
Speaker 2: Here's my daughter's little soccer team. You think the Blue Mermaids are competitive?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean doesn't matter. That's a cute little girl that here in first and second grade. But again they keep score, but it doesn't matter when they're that age. And I'm the most competitive dude. I used to be that asshole that was like, you don't keep scoring.
Speaker 4: Now it's like and.
Speaker 3: By the way, isn't that called growing. You're allowed to grow and see things differently. We may disagree, and that's fine. Hit us up something. I changed my mind though. When I was like twenty something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sushi.
Speaker 2: I used to be the kid that was like sushi and then barf. I was trying to impress it. I was trying to impress a girl and then she's like, let's go out for sushi and I'm like, yeah, sure, sushi, and she she sort of schooled me a little bit on Japanese food. And to be honest, I today have you been what do you want for dinner? I can a house like, well, you could eat sushi.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: But you think I'll get a discount if I show up like this? I think I thought I would think you worked there a nice in Cato. I still think doushey sushi, and I'm still a little boy deep down.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I still don't like it. But I get it, twel It's one of those things you develop. You know, you're you know you're advance a pilate. You have a more advanced.
Speaker 4: Palette than I do. I'd rather have chicken fingers. You're a grown man. That's like seafood, like barf.
Speaker 3: But if you know the woman in your life wants to go out and get some, I'm not gonna say no.
Speaker 4: But is that why you'rer Is that why you're Tarioki boy? Yeah? Like terror, anything to steak, tarayaki, chicken, Terry go to a Japanese restaurant, commutes like do go Tharry yuk.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure there's plenty of examples where you hated it and now you love it and pull to one eighty. I got some personal examples, like music. There's a lot of music examples. I remember people like Lil Wayne. I'm like, I don't like a Little Wayne. I think he sucks. Then all of a sudden again that thin line, right, I love Little Wayne. By got other example sports examples Lebron James, dude. At first, I hated Lebron James for years.
Speaker 4: I hated Lebron.
Speaker 3: James as I grew and I saw how he was with his family. We moved out here to La You see him day to day. You know what he brings to the game. He's still ringing it, unlike Jordan, who we talked about before at an older age.
Speaker 4: Dude, I pulled a full one eighty on lebron checks.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Bronni Back in the Miami days, I didn't like him, but he also changed a lot too.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: I'm so good you said that spot Bronnie. He was so cute yesterday I saw him. He was dressed up for Halloween. He was running an NBA Lakers uniform. Yeah, oh no, that was a cute father son costume. Bronnie dressed up.
Speaker 4: He's like his daddy. He's a big boy.
Speaker 3: But again, with polarizing people, you're gonna get like, yeah, I don't like him, You're gonna get this reaction, and then they might grow on you as years go on. I didn't learn lebron for years. Now I do, so I pulled a full one eighty. Gary Vaynerchuk another polarizing figure, big Jets fan. He wants to own the Jets someday. I used to be like, I hate this guy. Gary Vaynerchuck sut this guy up. Give the reason why you hated him? Well, it was a personal reason, But I also didn't like his like loud mouth, sort of blow hard delivery. He used to his one day week show, used to interrupt our show on Sirius XM.
Speaker 2: So I hated anyone that interrupted our show. Our replay of our show would get cut off for Gary v Show, And I'm like, can we know this up to?
Speaker 4: With this guy? I hate him, love him honestly. I love him. I love what he stands for. I love his passion.
Speaker 3: I love how he talks about kids today and just his his motivation and him as a guy.
Speaker 4: We've gotten to know him. But at first I hated that dude.
Speaker 3: Now I actually love him full on eighty same sort of guy, Dave Portnoy, same sort of guy, meaning polarizing, loud mouth. I'm like, fuck this guy. And even when he was on our show, I'm like, fuck this guy. Dude, fast forward.
Speaker 4: Uber successful, and now I love all the stuff he puts out.
Speaker 3: I love all his minions that work for him, Jack mac KFC, all those guys are great.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: I went from hate to love full point eighty with port because again there's that thin line. And I think I have the number one answer on the board being that today is Halloween before I had kids, because listen, kids will change your minds on a lot of things. Have kids, They said, I used to think trunk or treat.
Speaker 4: By the way, yes, me too. I was like, that's some cornball shit. So wait, the parents have their trunks open with candy.
Speaker 3: They would have an old fashioned trick or treat, And he's what's the fine?
Speaker 4: Kids?
Speaker 2: And now I hate tricker treating and I think trunk or treating is awesome.
Speaker 4: Hold on again, when you live it.
Speaker 3: And experience it, and when it's your kids, you you change your mind, You understand better. We also had the misconception, the misconceptsy like Dave conceptsion. We had the misconception that trunk or treat was replacing trick or treat, like you could do both. Trunk or treat is a wonderful time in a kid's life, a family's life. You take your kids to the school parking lot, there's a dance party, it's safe, it's contained games and foo.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, then you go trigger treating. App I had the trunk or treat with the family. My wife goes above and beyond doing these crafty things for our car. The Oogie boogey man, it's like a slime monster.
Speaker 4: So crazy. That's the trunk. Yeah, that's how next level it is.
Speaker 2: So listen, food, dance, party, the kids are having fun, trunk or treat up here. You know what we gotta do tonight when we're done here? What I have to walk around the neighborhood. You know, do you walk up to all these houses? I thought we had a karan torn the lights are out.
Speaker 4: Trick or treat as anyone home? Sorry, kids, next house, trick or treating sucks.
Speaker 3: Don't be that suck ass house by the way, and give out some good ass candy. But I did pull a one eighty. I agree with rich one rich and I agree. It's fact I still take them tricker treating, but trunk or treating way better. I thought that was some weak ass, modern day corny, you know, keep the kids safe sort of thing. And it's so much fun because you could still trunk or treat, have a party and have fun all that with the school kids, and you could steal tricker treat. It's just a bonus there so enjoy that today. And what are some things that you pulled a full one eighty on, like me and one Soto?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe people like I hate Covino, now I love them.
Speaker 3: You know, I could be easily be one of those guys because I could rub you the wrong way maybe at first, but then.
Speaker 2: You get to know me, like, you know, he's not so bad Spot, Like I used to love Spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to like you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well we feel the same way.
Speaker 4: You know what, Well, it's a push.
Speaker 2: While you are trigger treating, while you're you know, chilling out with the friends and family Halloween. There was a football game tonight, So I want to go over.
Speaker 4: A quick teaser bit.
Speaker 2: Draft Kings use our code see our show DraftKings dot com code cee our show.
Speaker 4: I don't get this at all.
Speaker 2: Houston Texans are two and a half point underdog to the Jets because injuries. You know, Nico Collins, you know there's someone you know, Stefan Diggs is hurt. Jets are home gets her home short week. I love the Texans getting eight and a half. The Texans as an eight and a half point underdog, and you tease it from forty two and a half down to thirty six and a half and you pick the over so Texans plus eight and a half as an underdog, and you need the total score to be over thirty six.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: So, I mean you might have that out on the background, checking on your phone while you're walking around the kids in the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: You think professional sports pulled a one eighty on gambling or not?
Speaker 2: You think they weren't able to mention it now like midgame, they're like the over under on Garrett Coles strikeouts.
Speaker 4: Two words Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the way, rest in peace. You know this is Aaron Rodgers' night to prove us wrong.
Speaker 4: You still got it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you didn't overstay, You're welcome, or maybe it really is a bad week for all Aaron's we'll see.
Speaker 4: Give me No.
Speaker 2: Two and six, as we joked, they'll have to go eight and one the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And how do you go eight one when you lose to the Patriots last week? Like, what do we think a miracle.
Speaker 4: Is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: They can't beat the Patriots, but they're gonna beat the Texans and they're gonna beat the bills when they play again?
Speaker 4: What do we think? What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: If Daniel LaRussa can bet Johnny Lawrence in All Valley Tournament, anything's possible, you know.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: On that note, enjoy your Halloween. Thanks for checking out over Promised at covin on Rich.
Speaker 4: Congrats, congrats to the Dodgers, check happy check out our Patreon as well. Why not all there you maybe see you any over Promised Land
Speaker 3: One day, guys,