Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal call that for me, I'm a man, I'm for I've heard so many players say, well I want to be happy, you want to be happy? For Dake, Edith Steak is that woo woom? And Dan and Tie.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to these solid verbal boys and girls. My name is Ty Hill Neebrandt. That fine gentleman over there is always the one, the only still being comparable. Dan Rubenstein, Sir, Welcome back to the show How Goes It?
Speaker 1: Because really, well, this is one of my favorite annual episodes that we do. Because what is more college football than what we are going to do today? What is more uh evident of the insanity that college football brings upon people's brains than one listening to a college football podcast in early May and two listening to a college football podcast in early May about the funniest, weirdest, most oddball message board posts. And this is these are message boards posts that are relatively recently Yes, costed correct. I love this episode so very much. It's the essence of the sport. It truly is.
Speaker 2: We did a bonus episode out on our Patreon it for ballers dot com. This is not so much a plug as it is just a comment, yeah on Thursday where you pose the question or somebody posed the question asking what is college football made of? Of all the other elements of sport in the United States, around the world, elements of pop culture, business, you name it, like, what are all of the bits and pieces that make college football unique? And we ended up having a longer discussion about basically this, this subculture of college football fandom that dabbles in conspiracies.
Speaker 1: Sure, some more so than others, dip some toes.
Speaker 2: It is all kind of mixed together into this weird brew that we imbibe on a nearly weekly basis. Here on the Solid Verbal College Football Podcast, today we are going to talk through some message board postings that have been put out there into the world by our good friends over at message board Geniuses. They are on Twitter at board Geniuses. We are not taking credit for any of their walk We are merely piggybacking on it.
Speaker 1: We are aggregating their aggregation, are we not, and celebrating it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is aggregation inception and one of the great things we should note at the top here is on any college football message board that you will ever come across, you will see topics that are like what do we think of this defensive coordinator? Or what game scares you the most? Or is recruiting gonna take a step up in July, you know, like every sort of micro issue or topic within team fandom. But then there's there are other adjacent boards. And I'm explaining to this to I don't know the four of you who have never come across a college football message board but are listening to a college football podcast. Correct somehow that ven diagram and there's just like a tiny little sliver, but there's always going to be Like I think they're usually called ot boards, right, the off topic boards, and there's like politics or family or food, and then there is something about college football fandom. And there's so much emotion in the connective tissue between fans that people feel comfortable bouncing things off of each other, like you feel a rapport with this digital community. This is not me looking down at all. I actually think it's healthy to find community in person, preferable, I would say, but digital community can also be quite valuable. And you will just see posts like hey, quick question, what does anybody here do about like particularly aggressive toe fungus? Like and it's just like throwing out personal stuff, thrown out things that you wouldn't think that would like come up on a college football message board, and then you'll get responses like, hey, if you go to Walgreens, look for this and like trust it, or like my doctor actually said you need to go see a specialist. And like everybody's very earnest on these boards and all of these posts that we're going to go through college football and otherwise I believe actually like come from a pretty earnest place. Because it's April, it's March, it's May. There's nobody trolling, nobody who has the uh, the wherewithal to say. This is when I go on and make something up completely ridiculous in May, like the emotions get the best people in September. But right now, this is what's really truly weighing on people's minds.
Speaker 2: These are the true believers that are posting in in early May, and I love it. Throughout the month of April, we've joked on this show more times than I could ever count how this is the especially dead period of college football, right after the draft, before before we start getting into you know, scheduled previews and the summer months when things really start to pick up. Right about now is that soft underbelly of college football content where frankly it's a show like this or an interview or nothing else because there just isn't news. Thankfully, it's good to get a little bit of a reprieve from the news. It feels like every time we open up our phones these days, there is something new that maybe troubles us on the college football front, be it roster construction in one place, or rules in another, lawsuits, lawsuits.
Speaker 1: The purpose of.
Speaker 2: Today is to dabble in none of that stuff, well, tangentially perhaps, Yeah, of course, But we're going to go through some of these again message board postings that have been brought to light by our good friends over at board Geniuses. Go and check them out on Twitter. Okay, before we go any further, hit follow, hit subscribe wherever it is you are consuming this podcast. It helps Dan and I grow the show, and one more time over bowlers dot com. That is our Patreon where you can get add free episodes, bonus content, access to our community out on Discord, and much much more. Dan, Yes, shall we dive in? So you're telling me there's a chance, Yeah, Yeah, all right, Yes, what are we hiding? What are we hiding? A Florida fan wants to know what Billy Napier is hiding. Oh yeah, was rewatching Ted Lasso and got to the episode where he lets the fans start attending practice after two seasons of hiding practices, And I admit, he's not the only coach. What does Billy think he's gaining? To say that we've been able to surprise people with our scheme or game plan is laughable. Why can't you He's speaking directly to I guess a Florida Beat reporter here. Why can't you or the rest of us watch a practice and not just ten minutes of nothing? Does he think he can lose worse than he has?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So the tension here is obviously between Florida fans and Billy Napier and no secret as to why billiy Napier is going to start the twenty twenty four campaign as one of the one of the most prominent coaches on the hottest of seats and to boot, Florida has a particularly brutal schedule. It is tough anyway you shake it. I called it out a couple days ago, made a video that I posted online. But Florida opens its season at home against the Miami Hurricanes, so in state rivalry right out of the shoot. We went through the schedule briefly before, and the way this thing is constructed, you got to get your wins early. If you want to go to a bawl, you gotta get your wins early because it's going to toughen up a little bit later on in the season. So Florida, I feel like, is a great candidate for wild conspiracy theories as it relates to Billy Napier in college football? What is he hiding? Dan Rubinstein?
Speaker 1: What's the old line, If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough, right like the old adage, like if you're going to be bad, it's tough to be secretive, right, Like you need to sort of give people something. You give, got to give people more sos. I don't think practices should be open, like in a world, in a world that you do have, you know, eyes everywhere. I understand why people want to be secretive, especially given what's on the line in major sec play, Like you don't want to give too money things away, You don't you know who's starting at left guard? Perhaps that doesn't matter. But I understand from Billion Napier's perspective why you want to keep things secretive. I understand why you're if you're a Florida fan, you are starved for something positive, while if you are starved for a morsel of a highlight from practice, you know, a receiver making a one hand Trey Wilson making a one handed grab, or something that even the team would put out. And so that's the sort of issue that I get that if your team is disappointing, you better go into overdrive to give people. You don't need to get people fluff for positivity, but a little bit of access to get people excited and energized and electrified during the off season. And so I enjoy the Ted last So I didn't watch the final season of Ted Lasso, by the way, so I don't know how secretive last I was with his practices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Last last season is a separate conversation from yeah, the first two. But I get where fans are coming from. I mean, you want something positive, you want momentum that you can build on in the off season. I think what we saw a DJ Lagway was very promising right in the spring game that gave Florida some hope, some momentum, some feeling of momentum. But the schedule stands in the way. And look, there seems to be something of a concern as to what Florida's offense is going to look like this season. And that's not to say that, you know, they don't have guys who can play quarterback thenk Graham Mertz last year was fine. Maybe we'll see DJ Lagway a little bit here and there. Who knows. There are some losses, obviously we've talked about them as well. But as things stand right now, even with a lot of the negative press that I know Florida people have talked about in the off season, still only a two point dog at home to open up the season against the Miami Hurricanes in State Ryle the Sunshine Showdown, whatever it's called. Right, So Vegas is not looking down its nose too much at the Florida Gators, cause I think Miami should be pretty good. Sure whatever, here's my question for you. Sorry, I know that was very dismissive of what you said, which was all true. Do you consume Notre Dame produced content like content schools are now pretty thorough about like behind the scenes stuff and here's a day in the life of so and so on the team, like here's a day in the life of Benjamin Morrison or whatever. And there is that opportunity if you're a diehard fan, to go inside the program via video and social media whatever. And some schools, I know Clemson is big on this. Schools are doing this.
Speaker 1: Now like full length like Oregon. Oregon's very big on it, but they do. I honestly have no idea what Orgon does in terms of longer form stuff, but there are some schools that will do like a twenty four minute episode, and that's why I saw I remember seeing Clemson doing this where it's like they're producing like their own version of Hard Knocks, right, It's like a highly produced thing, and it is red meat for the fans who want more access, who want more of a look in. I have no idea if Notre Dame does that. I have no idea if you consume that. I like Organs like, I think they all.
Speaker 2: Do it to some extent, and I can only take it in doses because there's only some level of sunshine pumping that's tolerable to me. Sure, and it's not just Notre Dame stuff that I'll watch. I'll watch Penn State stuff. I'll watch other teams. We have been featured many times over in those types of videos.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We were in the Texas A and M one last year. I think when they got rid of Jimbo and decided they were going to look for a new coach. Maybe it was after they hired Mike Elko. Regardless, you siate the free.
Speaker 1: Presses Penn State one. I think Penn State used my voice or something doubting them and yep, yep, yep, yep. Then they were disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been in a bunch of them over the years, so we've watched plenty of them.
Speaker 1: Feel free. By the way, here's my express verbal permission. You can use our voices in any of those if we're high on your team, if we're low on your team, do whatever you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Totally cool, We're it's totally totally fine for us. I can only take the school produced stuff in doses. Yeah, same, not against it. And where are we going.
Speaker 1: With this again?
Speaker 2: What was the pointed that?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just that, like if Florida is being so secretive right that you have to go above and beyond to at least give the diehards some You're not going to let them into practice or whatever, but like you got to, you got to open up the content kimono a little bit to get these people excited coming off of a season that was somewhat disappointing, and there's a lot of doubts heading into this season, especially considering the Florida schedule. So that's all. And I think Oregon. I've seen some of the Oregon stuff they do with like a two minute recap, like a cinematic recap during the season that's very well done, But like all of the behind the scenes stuff, if it's longer than two or three minutes, I know, I get kind of lost.
Speaker 2: Where do you want to go next? You want to pick one out out of the dock?
Speaker 1: Here? Dan sure? If Oklahoma lands, this is Pickleman Pickleman's cafe. If we Oklahoma land, Dominic Williams TCU defensive line transfer, I'll lack white dog bleep, like I guess from step Brothers. Okay, my question to you is not react to this or I don't. I have no idea. If there was a follow up about this gentleman or lady licking dog excrement based on a transfer, a promising defensive line transfer. My question to you is, have you ever made this kind of bet to do something disgusting based on sports? Is there something you'd be willing to do that would be a a worthwhile trade off for Notre Dame or Penn State doing something like a recruit like a giant recruiting win or a giant like in season win or playoff birth like. Is there anything that compels you or maybe when you were nineteen or something.
Speaker 2: First off, I believe Oklahoma got the guy.
Speaker 1: That he did. That's what I'm saying. Did he follow he or she followed through?
Speaker 2: So I don't know if there's been a follow up post to it. Hopefully boor geniuses can point us in the right direction there. I hope this gentleman's okay. If he did follow through with that bet, it's a bit disgusting. I've not really been much for the preposterous bet outside of our show. Outside of our show, you know now you had the bet, what was it.
Speaker 1: Two years ago?
Speaker 2: I forget what it was. You did the face panting for LSU.
Speaker 1: Which LSU Auburn. Yeah, Tiger was.
Speaker 2: Tremendous and is still featured out there on many of our social media accounts. You can go find it anywhere you could find this solid verbal. I've thought about this. I feel like in the end, I'm too much of a chicken.
Speaker 1: This could be a good kind of inflection point because what happens is okay, So let's say this person doesn't renege on this offer to lick dog droppings whatever based on a portal commitment. And if this person is married and a spouse finds out that they are licking white dog, oh okay, okay, no, no, I'm like us, like Steve, what did you do today? And you post you posted it where like maybe that's like the rock bottom that some people need when they're doing that online. So I appreciate that. Next one, this is from Buck fifty two Underscore thirty Husker online, So conspiracy theory here. Oh dash dash A Big ten tells trev Alberts to take the text A and M. I add a D job and help the program to and help lead the program to the Big ten. Text A and M to the Big ten leadership already be on board with this action, then the Big Ten tells Trev. If he gets the job done, he will be the next commissioner of the Big Ten. That being said, Texas A and M and Notre Dame would be mega great news for the Big Ten. And oh and get our AAU membership back before we are booted back to the Big twelve or the MAC or the Mountain West or some other conference like that.
Speaker 2: Whoa, there's a lot going on here. Yeah, this is next level.
Speaker 1: So Trev Alberts as a Big Ten mole at Texas A and M to get Texas A and M out of the SEC to the Big Ten. This is on a Nebraska board.
Speaker 2: By the way, Texas A and M just joined the SEC not that long ago, right, This isn't like they've been in the conference.
Speaker 1: Fourteen years, thirteen years.
Speaker 2: It's been I know, but it's not been fifty years, I know. So he's saying, all right, so Trev's going to go to the take the A and M ad job, going to be the mole, going to move them over to the Big Ten. And then here's the problem with this. Trev Alberts has no say in whether or not a team leaves conferences. He might have input, but Ultimately, that's a president's decision. Right, So, unless Trev Alberts is playing some sort of game of thrones and will ascend to leadership, true leadership of Texas A and M.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking for a counterpoint to this insane post. I just want your gut reaction.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the energy of it, of course, as I do most conspiracy theories, most of the non problematic ones. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh, would you like Texas A and M in the Big Ten? Would they be an asset to the Big Ten? Exactly? Exactly right, Ty, Texas A and M and Notre Dame who are playing each other this year, right, first week of the season. Yeah, first week of the season. Texas A and M and Notre Dame bringing Texas, the state of Texas, bringing the South Ish into the Big Ten? Why not? Why not? I don't think it's Trev Alberts doing it. You said, But nothing matters, Ty, nothing matters. Everything is chaos. Texas A and M to the Big Ten. I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if Oregon and Washington and UCLA and USC can go to the Big ten, clearly, geographic footprint matters, not doesn't matter where you're located. The Big Ten's probably interested the SEC, if only because of its name, right, maybe anchored a bit more to teams in the general Southeast region, but even that has kind of expanded as time has gone on. It doesn't like I understand that this is all being driven by money. For the life of me, I still can't get past the whole geography thing. And I know college football has moved past it, I have not. It still feels really weird to me. It's going to feel really weird this year when O'regon and Washington are playing in the Big Ten. I'm just not going to be able to get over it. We've used the analogy before, but it's like when teams Major League Baseball teams switch switch leagues. Yeah, and I've still not figured out who's where. I've been a baseball fan my entire life. It still confuses me to this day. So you know, I guess college football has gotten to the point where they're living in a post geography conference world. But for me, no, I we can't. We can't do this. We can't. I appreciate the I appreciate the energy here, but no.
Speaker 1: It's a little like if the Kansas City Royals announced they were joining the KBOY Korean Baseball League. Weere like it just actually makes more sense for us at this point. They got a great deal, a sweetheart deal to join the KBO. Uh. You know, South Korea is expanding to the Midwestern footprint.
Speaker 2: But here, see, here's where they get you with off the wall ideas like this. Yeah, there is a shred of truth in it, and that is that Notre Dame would be make a great news for the Big Ten. Yeah, of course it would be right. People have been saying that for decades, myself included, So at least it's grounded on that front. Although I don't know if A and M and A and M Notre Dame are going to be the targets the next targets for the Big Ten. It could be Florida State Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: If Notre Dame were to join the Big Ten. At that point, who becomes the most self important fan base? Is it Notre Dames or Michigan's Like, who is the alpha in that conversation within the Big Ten, regardless of winning? Just DNA wise, which fan base do you think is the alpha in that conversation. I'm closer to this than I am I think it's still Michigan. You think it's still Michigan? Do I Do you think Notre Dame has been humbled enough that there's a faction of the fan base that is just sort of like, let's do something before we go full Michigan.
Speaker 2: You think that's I mean, it's just been forever since Noname really wants something, honest.
Speaker 1: So if we're still talking about the only meaningful independent program in America, apologies to you know, yukon UMass recent ones.
Speaker 2: I'm biased. Don't ask me. I can't in good faith say it's Notre Dame over Michigan because I've read the Michigan emails. I've been I've taken the mission arrows. For me, it's the answers Michigan fair enough.
Speaker 1: The other thing I enjoyed about this specific post the second line. Then the Big Ten tells Trev Alberts, if he gets the job done, he will be the next commissioner of the Big Ten. Okay, so when you unpack this, the Big Ten could just hire Trev Alberts to be commissioner if they really wanted. Also, if the Big Ten really wanted Texas, A and M, then they could invite Texas, A and M. Now, obviously you got a back channel at whatever, and you have to make an appeal. You have to make it more appealing than what the SEC is offering. But it's not like the one man who controls this. Recent Nebraska Athletic director trev Alberts one thing.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking a little bit about lately, just because it seems as if there's this turf war over the last few seasons between the Big Ten and the SEC, both of which trying to wield their influence, whether to shape the playoff or the way that revenue is distributed, nil, you name it. These are really the two top dogs in college football. This is no secret to anybody listening to this. Of course, I wonder how far we are away from some true turf war style stuff, where like Tony Pettiti goes to try and steal Missouri, or Greg Sankee decides he wants to try and pick someone off from within the Big Ten and bring them down, Like, I don't know who those targets would be, what that would look like. I remember around the time that all the Michigan controversy was circulating earlier, well I guess earlier last season whenever it came out. I remember there were some folks online talking like Michigan's going to join the SEC, like that type of logic, right, playing into what's already an ongoing battle between these two conferences. Maybe the next front for the war is a school, like a Florida State or a Notre Dame. I can't imagine Notre Dame joined the SEC, but okay, maybe it's something else altogether. But I feel like that's where the battle goes next.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's an SEC team jumping to the Big Ten or vice versa, but certainly, with the ACC's current affiliation with ESPN, it feels as if it would be pretty major if the Big Ten were to somehow aggressively go after an ACC team. So, whether it's you know, North Carolina, Florida State, Clemson, whoever. Right, that's the sort of cold war right now. Well, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, we talk a lot about the Big Ten the SEC. Of course, I think that masks the fact that the true turf war is between Fox and ESPN.
Speaker 1: Correct, Oh, absolutely, it is right.
Speaker 2: It's not a conference thing as much as it is a bank rolling thing behind the scenes in the networks, which again, no secret to the people listening at home, but that's just where we're at.
Speaker 1: Here we go this.
Speaker 2: One out on our good friends over at USC football dot com.
Speaker 1: This is so good. There's so much here that I've seen continue.
Speaker 2: How does Oregon keep getting away with this? They literally have one hundred players. The Big Ten needs to step in because this is crazy. No one has ever, no one has even hit the portal. It's unfair to every other team playing. Forget the aspect of scholarships. Why are these kids going for this without leaving. They all must be losers, losers with the apostrophe in the wrong place of course, not even needed here. Really, they almost be losers who have no plans of going to the NFL. Dan, how is Oregon getting away with this? It does feel like they have a thousand players.
Speaker 1: They do have many players. I have no idea. They are obviously appealing to people. People want to play for Dan Lanning and be in Eugene, Oregon and play for that program. I know that they're here's what I've heard about Oregon. I've heard that they're so, they're they're collective, they're whatever. Their NL situation is called Division Street, and it's all Division Street. Okay, that like everything is under one roof. Everybody seems to be aligned, and it's like an actual business. It's an actual like they have a roster of employees and they have people, marketing people and branding people whatever. Like it's it's not slap de tie. And so what I think is the case with a number of places. I know, Ohio States obviously has come a long way recently. I know, let's see, I think Texas Louisville's is pretty big, Like there are the number of schools and people that are more plugged into this obviously know much more than I would. But from everything I've heard, it's like there's lawyers, there's like there's an actual structure to this nil situation at Oregon. And so there are a number of places that like are raising money, but there's like warring collectives and collapsing collectives, and I know USC has a couple of them at least, and USC fans right now, whether it's because of portal, whether it's because of recruiting, they don't they can't imagine a world in which Oregon, year over year over year over year is out recruiting USC because in the fans minds at USC, Like Oregon is just Phil Knight and they're just you know, dropping bags at a helicopters on recruits front door steps and everything and like, but the academics at US, but the degree the connections at US. Okay, there's there's a lot of the USC fans just through like the message board geniuses account that I've seen, Like there's a lot on USC boards that people are just down bad. They're down bad watching Oregon recruit like this. And I'll be the first one to tell you it's all well and good to be excited in May tie. Yet they just lost to Washington three times in two years. And so Oregon has the roster it seems to break through this year and they're building the depth that I think they'll need if they are indeed a playoff caliber team to win two, three, four game whatever it takes in the College Football Playoff. They're building that depth. But they're still Dan Lanning's still young, he's still only been a head coach for a couple of years. And USC fans what it was, it was the same line as Jesse from breaking but we can't keep getting away with this. Yeah, and they are in that headspace right now, they're losing their minds. I think Colorado fans are losing their minds a little bit with Oregon USC fan like that is, that is a thing, and we'll see how you know, new legislation and you know, schools taking paying players in house and everything and sharing TV revenue, what role of that plays. But right now, it seems Oregon's in a good place. The money is there, the aggression on the recruiting and portal trail is there, and they seem to be in the heads of a lot of these West Coast programs. We've decided, by the way, we're going to that game on November the second, Oregon Michigan. Oregon Michigan. Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: November the second. We're going to go Dan Arbor go to that.
Speaker 1: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out later what that means for a weekly recap episodes and whatnot. But it's been too long since we were at a big game. We got to make sure we yeah, we gotta go. Got to make sure we get out and uh and enjoy. So if you'd be in town, let us know otherwise. Yeah, how do they keep getting away with it? I mean, look, they're an IT program right now. They've got money, they've got an excitable young coach, They've clearly got a ton of talent. They're loaded to the teeth with talent. And any school that's able to build depth in twenty twenty four is like a really big deal, especially if you are playing on the level of an Oregon, of a Penn State, of a Notre Dame, of an Alabama. You know, just throwing out examples of teams that are probably in that playoff conversation. If you don't have that depth, you're kind of screwed. The season is going to be longer. It's harder than ever to build that depth because of the portal, Oregans found a way to do it, either via the NIL set up or otherwise. And so, you know, at least to that point, I understand why I was driving other programs crazy. I think I'd probably feel the same if I root for a rival school.
Speaker 1: So this past weekend it was Derek Harmon from Michigan State the defensive tackle. So Michigan State lost. I think it's Simeon Barrow to Miami, who was promising and a good size deal, and Derek Harmon to Oregon who had visited Oregon before when he entered and then went back into the portal. In December, Oregon had a commitment from a top kid in southern California from modern day, which has long been a USC feeder program. And then a kid who also from southern California who went to Alabama and then entered the portal after spring and is headed to Oregon. And so yeah, they are absolutely loading up, and it's what it is, and this is what we know. Ty loading up on the recruiting trail is great, but there's the cautionary tales right that, whether it's USC with Lane Kiff and Steve Sarkisian, whether it's Texas A and M recently, whether it's whoever tennessee that like you start stringing together those top classes, but without stringing together playoff berths, Like it is fair right now to have enormous expectations for Oregon and if they fall short, if they're going nine to three, ten and two with this kind of endit sure, with this kind of focus, with this kind of attention, those are huge disappointments. That's on Dan Lanning, that's on the you know, the front office whatever. So with great sort of off season accomplishment should come great expectations, and so they should be held to an enormously high standard for building a roster like this.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Michigan. Let's I think the Michigan legislature needs to seriously think of using some of the rainy day funds slash surplus tax revenue to give to Michigan and Michigan State for nil money. It's not good for state economy when both programs are struggling, you lose tourism revenue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Let me ask you this, two poverty programs, Michigan and Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is obviously a horrible idea. I appreciate the spirit of it. This is a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That said, if you put this on.
Speaker 2: A ballot in the great State of Michigan, went this November referendum, can we give some percentage of state tax revenue to these two schools?
Speaker 1: So at the in this very moment, schools are not allowed to pay players. Right that you have affiliated anil situations, and so you're going to go above the school. Above the school stay com funded, federally funded institutions and appropriate government funds. That's for this. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love the idea. I love the idea. This is creative if nothing more. Yeah, So, if we put this on a ballot, and I want to hear from the forballer hood, would it win, would it lose? What would the split be of the final tally, I e. What percentage of people would vote yes.
Speaker 1: I don't think it would pass. I'm not saying it would pass. It's not legal. Let's be clear, it's not legal.
Speaker 2: But if you put this on about what percentage of people in Michigan vote yes.
Speaker 1: I don't think it means enough in state. I think if you maybe went to a couple sec states it just means more areas, then perhaps it would be a little bit more successful. But I don't think there are enough people within the state of Michigan who look around them and say, we could use a little bit less on our roads and our schools and our emergency services so that Michigan and Michigan State could retain their roster via nil. I don't think it would mean enough.
Speaker 2: Look, you say that, yeah, but it's like every other year that somebody tries to push through a publicly funded stadium for a pro team. That's true, all right, And in those cases, in the cases of Olympic stadium builds or any of that stuff, the return on investment is not usually there, not by a long shot, but a time and again, it is still sold to the general populace is something that would be good for them, for the local economy, for jobs, for whatever. Data doesn't really suggest that.
Speaker 1: But okay, I was going to say, at least, like the selling point with a stadium, we're revitalizing downtown and it's a whole experience. But like keeping a linebacker in town who might be getting portal interest from bigger schools, you know, Michigan State would be losing a defensive lineman again to like Oregon or Miami. Like, there's not a lot of evidence that that is going to stimulate the East Lansing economy.
Speaker 2: Would this get to twenty percent? Would twenty percent of the voting public vote for this.
Speaker 1: No, just because I don't think enough of the voting public understands anil and like, I just don't think it's fifteen percent fifteen percent vote I think it would. I have no idea seven percent. I will say seventy percent under ten. Well, so you have to take the people that understand NIL, understand collectives understand you know where the sport is right now. So you have whatever percentage of fans that is, and then you have to find the percentage of those people who say, yes, we have reached this point where we no longer have confidence in donors and collectives whatever to do this. So this is the last resort answer. And also, like, is their enthusiasm in the Michigan fan base right now for this after a national championship, Like, so you're already probably losing a bunch of Michigan people. You're already probably losing a bunch of Michigan people who think NIL stuff is unbecoming and wrong for the sport. And you know, the capital are right way of doing things. So you're losing a ton of Michigan people already, Michigan State people, this is a fan base. They've been to the playoff, didn't score, but been to the playoff. That's correct, I fact checked me on that time. But yes, you have Michigan State people who now are looking at the success of Michigan, who are looking at the continued growth of Ohio State, who are feeling lost in the sea of college football and in the big ten.
Speaker 2: Man, you can get ten percent of the people to vote for anything. I'll go, well, then.
Speaker 1: You're talking about you also have people voters in Michigan who went to neither school and don't care about football or Michigan or Michigan State at all.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you can get ten percent to vote for anything. You need clever marketing and clever campaigning. You can get ten percent of people to vote for anything. Okay, So I guess my specific question the for baller hood over under ten percent? If you actually put this on a ballot come November you're saying under I'll say, I mean it might just get the ten percent, but I'm saying over right. Okay, great question though, thank you. Okay, where we want to go next? Here?
Speaker 1: Let me see, do you want to go to Taylor Swift? Do you want to go to Swingers? Where are we going? Let's do Let's do Colorado? Okay, Okay, now in my nobuff November and May.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full disclosure, Dan is on a bit of a Colorado sabbatical at present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on a diet.
Speaker 2: You're taking the month of May off from Colorado football. From Dion Sanders from coach prime. Believe me, there will be plenty of opportunity the rest of the year to catch up whatever you miss. But for the purposes of this episode, just because we like this post from Buff Stampede s two s Buff says, I hate to say this because their fan base is filled with d bags, but I feel like we might be in a similar situation to twenty twenty two TCU. Those fans talked like they were Alabama rolling into Boulder on Opening Night. They knew something that nobody else really knew, and everybody was judging them off their previous season. We know we have quality and depth, do they? Not sure? But nobody else is paying attention. Also probably not true. We are absolutely going to surprise people this year. Okay, that is the full post. Dan, Okay, So should we let's talk about the TCU.
Speaker 1: Element of this, Yes?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do we think so TCU coming off of twenty twenty one in this instant correct? So new coach, new coach and Sunny Dyke's who had I think success at SMU against TCU TCU in twenty twenty one? Okay, So they go five and seven. Gary Patterson leaves a few games into the season, leaving them with an interim situation. TCU loses to Iowa State forty eight fourteen to end the twenty twenty one season. They lose to Oklahoma State on the road. Two weeks before that, sixty three to seventeen, they beat Baylor. That was like a Chandler Morris game. I want to say, he comes in in relief beat Baylor, who was at the time number twelve in the country. There is not a single reasonable TCU fan who entered into the twenty twenty two season feeling good, real good, real confident. Everybody was surprised at TCU less so as the season went on, less so as they saw Max Duggan become an absolute warrior for the Frogs. But nobody went into that Colorado game. Tc wins again thirty eight thirteen and Chandler Morris gets hurt in that game. So nobody went into that season thinking Chandler Moore Trus is our guy and was proven right because he started the season as the starter in twenty twenty two. So I got bad news. I think this is a misguided message for post time. I'm gonna be honest with you. I think it's a little misguided. I don't think it's it's truly apples to apples.
Speaker 2: I don't The quality and depth argument on the Colorado side of this is also a bit of a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, look, I happen to think despite the news stories that are out there, I believe, at least I want to believe that Colorado is going to be better this season. Okay, they have to and they have to be better. I think they know where their deficiencies are, and they added some beef upfront on the line offensively, you know, we'll wait and see. They lost Dylan Edwards, like it, there's a lot in flux just given the way.
Speaker 1: Whatever Dan Hayden. Yeah, there's players there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on, but there's still a lot there, so I think they'll be better. The depth side of the argument, you lose me because I don't know if there's a whole lot of depth at Colorado at this point. It seems like it's very paper thin, which is a problem later in the year. But okay, that's just me. I have been paying attention. It seems like that's the problem. I don't disagree that they may surprise some people this year. I'd like to see that happen for their sake. I also agree, though, that this is a little bit misguided. Dan. I don't see TCU when I look at Colorado this year. I see I see Texas Tech twelve years ago, when they were playing one side of the ball and not the other, and we kept waiting for them to break through and be a little bit more well rounded, and it just kind of never happened. They were a fun offense, they weren't a good defense. Their games were more than not shootouts, and that was fun, that was entertaining. But you didn't go into those games expecting that Tech was going to come away as like a ten and two team. You expected seven and five, six and six, and that's often what you got. Now, maybe I'm selling Tech short. I'm not meaning to do so, but you get the point. That is what Colorado is right now, and I will happily be proven wrong on that. But until we see it on the field, you know there's a lot of ground they need to make up. Dan, from what we saw last season, this is not a well rounded team. They certainly have some really exciting pieces. Shador is going to be a first round pick. Travis Hunter is going to be a top five pick. There are clearly guys in this team are very, very talented, but I gotta stop short of anything more because I want to see in reality when they actually get there out on the field, what this off season rebuild, transfer, rebuild, what you know, whatever has done for that roster.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the line from this post that I keep going back to when I read a S two s Buff, Yes, yes to us Buff. Those fans talk like they were Alabama rolling into Boulder on Opening Night? All right. In two thousand and five, Gary Barnett was after the two thousand and five season, was let go after going seven and six. Okay, fact check me on that seven and six seven and five regular season, finished first in the Big twelve North, lost in the Champs Sports Bowl. Okay, two thousand and five, simpler time, pre solid verbal. Do you know how many full winning seasons Colorado has had since going seven and five regular season that year? One? Two one? So do you know who rolls into Boulder thinking they're everything and they're gonna smoke Colorado? Every team, every team for the last nineteen years, has rolled into Colorado confidently because all Colorado does is year after year after year after year, coach after coach after coach is throw up ls. Okay, they're a losing program who does almost exclusively loses college football seasons. Okay, So rolling into Boulder thinking you're Alabama is not limited to the twenty twenty two TCU squad by at Oregon, USC, UCLA, Washington State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, New Big Twelve, to whatever whoever it is, you should roll into Boulder thinking you have an excellent shot to win, because recent history suggests, no matter who the coach is, people roll into Boulder and win. So TCU fans, even coming off of a disastrous season, even with a new coach, to who they would have no idea, even with the new starting quarterback, even with all that was new, they're not douchebags for doing that. That's history suggests that that's the actual correct move.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say this is not a Dion argu or not even mentioning no name before this, because the proofs kind of in the pudding.
Speaker 1: This is also pre Dion right that. Yeah, it's Carl Durrell's final season.
Speaker 2: It's been bad program for a while, and that's why I actually kind of commend them for going out to get deon. You need to kick up some dust. If you've got to try something different. You've been trying the same thing time and again it hasn't worked. I don't hate the movie to get done. I still don't. I mean, the press hasn't been great. But let's give him more time. See what he can do if he's trying to do this a little bit differently. Yeah, there is a lot though that I would argue in this message board post to say the least.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, but I love the idea, and I God bless Colorado fans. They've been through a lot. I love the idea of how dare you come to our town, in our stadium and feel confidently that you are going to win a college football game of all things?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that's great?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Where do we want to go next? Here? And that's with all due respect to Laviska Chanal, who I love Viscashanal. We love Leaviska chan Taylor, what's the song? What's this message board on the Taylor Swift one?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's c B. I don't know why you think cougar board? Is this? BYU?
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift? Tortured posts apartment. I feel bad for those poets that had to listen to this garbage album and try to give it a positive review. I've heard four songs on the album enough to know it's absolute crap. She's not an artist. At some point she may have been, but as of now she has nothing of value to contribute to the world, and the songs reflected it's trash of the lowest type. There's a lot of animosity here from somebody named Mark Spector think.
Speaker 1: By the way, more up votes on this board than down. Yea four thumbs up, five happy faces, three eye rolls, and one thumbs down. So right now, the score nine to four in favor of Mark. Of his view on Taylor Swift a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a mixed review on the album. I have not seen Mark's write up anywhere online. I haven't seen his official review you.
Speaker 1: But this is that like off topic thing, right, This is the people simple sharing with their community.
Speaker 2: Have you listened to the album like three or four songs?
Speaker 1: And I like Taylor Swift. I've listened a few songs just because I don't really sit and listen to anything album wise. I listened to whatever Spotify tells me to on my Discover Weekly or whatever my day list, and then whatever my kids want to listen to in the car, which, by the way, is now Taylor Swift creeping into the rotation, the Kailer entering the culture five and three. Yeah, whoa damn, it's right now. The rotation that of the songs they like is cruel, Summer okay, blank space, shake it Off style. We're I'm probably shaping their interest via nineteen eighty nine, which is where I still go back to it, Goode t Swift. I haven't been able to get into the like last five six, seven years, like Folklore, Midnight's all that kind of stuff. This is this is a.
Speaker 2: Point of contention between Solid Life Kate and I.
Speaker 1: But I'll say, and I understand why. I'll say, I don't think it's bad. It just I haven't attached myself to it. I listened to it, and I think that's pretty good, but I don't come back to it, and so I don't know whatever it does or doesn't resonate like I think it's pretty good, I just I don't know. Sometimes you just go back to the earlier because that's what got you into that music in the first place.
Speaker 2: This could be maybe.
Speaker 1: A lot of moody Taylor in that stretch.
Speaker 2: This could possibly be the most contentious part of my marriage right now. Yeah, and by that, it's not a tailor thing. It's a music thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My taste in music. I like cheap pop music that makes me bop my head a little bit.
Speaker 1: Big train guy over here.
Speaker 2: Love train, Yeah, love the train tracks, But those types of jams, that's my thing. Solidwife Kate a little bit more. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying this. Much more into the deeper emotional, sleepier tunes that are out there. Yeah, the more recent t Swift, more recent love folklore and whatever more midnights and now this when she's all into it. We've been listening to it NonStop. So it's definitely not my favorite that I've heard. I've listened to it enough though that some of the tracks have grown on me, and I do think it's pretty good. This is probably Mark Spector went a little bit overboard with this.
Speaker 1: Maybe can I ask can I ask you where my head has gone recently? Oh, with regard to our dear friend Taylor Swift, I hope it works out with her in charge.
Speaker 2: Dear friend Taylor Swift. Yeah, she's been on the podcast many times. She's from Pa, right from like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes down the road. Yeah, so she's local to you. Yeah. Uh so I'm rooting for her and Travis Kelcey as I have nothing. He just seems like a likable dude to me, and so I'm worried what happens if they don't make it. I'm worried if he's gonna because he just seems like a very earnest guy. I don't know him. Maybe he's not. He seems like a pretty earnest guy. Like, what's gonna happen to his game? I know he's older now, he's sort of an elder statesman of an NFL tight end, But like, is she gonna? Is she gonna trash him? And maybe he'll deserve it if it goes sideways, Our dear Travis. Kate.
Speaker 2: Kate tells me that she didn't really trash the last guy. Oh really, she didn't really? Well, two guys, I don't know one. Maybe Kate just doesn't fully know how to decipher. No, Well, she she knows way better than I do. Me too, But yeah, she kind of trashed one, but didn't trash another guy that folks were expecting she might trash more. I wish I can remember the name. I caught a start Joel went here. I'm looking it up, Joel. When that guy she was not built like Joe Walt. No, no, no, different guy. Different guy wasn't in the draft. Yeah. Anyway, I'm okay with it. I'm pro tailor with protailor on this show. We've always been okay, fair. Where do we want to go next? Dan?
Speaker 1: Okay? This is from a Clemson board. We'll stay off topic for a little while. This is from replay Man April thirtieth, twenty twenty four eleven, Witching Hour Tie. This is posted subject Swingers Convention. Sure guessing not about the seminole John Favreau movie Swingers Convention this week at burls Ford? Is this rumor true?
Speaker 2: And the fall ups?
Speaker 1: What got me sold? By the way, it looks like it's a campground. Okay, girls Ford campground?
Speaker 2: What a what a spot for a swingers convention?
Speaker 1: I agree? Uh. Then the follow up from fast Chad, who looks like can you decipher what I'm deciphering? From fast Chad's avatar here, it's definitely a picture of the Capitol a wintry time in the United States Capital.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Leave it at that.
Speaker 1: There's a crowd gathering and perhaps a Clemson flag in there at the bottom. Is that where you're seeing from Fast Chad.
Speaker 2: I would have to zoom in, but I can either confirm norgy.
Speaker 1: It's a wintry gathering at the United States Capitol built. This is probably a chill in the air. It's anyway part of the year. I would say, yeah, yeah, the grace guys. Fast Chad says, Yep, it's happening. I'm dating a girl that's going to be running a daycare out of her pop up on Friday and Saturday night. I told I told this is me adding her. I'd go to help, but I'm really going just to check out the scene. Most of these aren't as glamorous as they sound, but every once in a while they're real bangers. If anyone is going let me know, I'll see if I can get Becky, which by the way, doxing the girlfriend. Yes, to give you a discount on childcare, assuming you're bringing your kids ages six and under are welcome. I add to the childcare to the childcare. So South Carolina campground swingers situation.
Speaker 2: Listen, whatever you're into.
Speaker 1: Ah, we shamed not.
Speaker 2: I don't you know. We're not judging here. This is a no judgment pod. This is just a terrific off topic posting.
Speaker 1: Why I posted publicly and not in a direct message. Well, everybody better see this. If anybody needs childcare for this, what's promising to be a pretty great swingers event in nature in South Carolina? Now, far be it from me. I don't question anybody's lifestyle. I don't question anybody's social choices. But in terms of making new social connections. Yeah, outdoors at a campground, I mean you're in a tent, but it's still.
Speaker 2: Bug adjacent, bug adjacent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, elements are at play here, weather elements. I love the that fast chat is quick to affirm, quick to confirm that the event is indeed happening.
Speaker 2: Smart businessman. So again, look up burls Ford.
Speaker 1: Look it up? Is it? It is what I'm looking at right.
Speaker 2: I'm looking this up now burrows.
Speaker 1: Ford, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, this is the We got to go to the Google Maps view of this, the street view thing. See what we got. The street view doesn't even go back. There is what I'm seeing, So you're right, this is in the sticks man, I'm looking at the Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a river, a creek.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's bridges, beautiful countryside in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: But how do you how do you coordinate this type of event when there's no like central congregating place. There's just people are setting up tents and you know, knocking on zippers.
Speaker 2: There was there was a an issue in my hometown.
Speaker 1: Let's see, with.
Speaker 2: A dilapidated old barn and countryside like area. There's an old farm, yeah, that somebody had co opted and turned into a meeting space for raves up and down the Eastern seaboard.
Speaker 1: No brainer.
Speaker 2: And it was not a situation where you could park. It was not a situation where you could really have like a staging area or anything like that. It was all supposed to be on the DL And so you had a lot of like ride sharing opera. This is like pre ride sharing, but a lot of people finding ways to communicate online, sharing rides, going to a drop off point, a rally point, being shuttled by somebody else, all kind of in the name of trying to keep this under wraps, All.
Speaker 1: In the name of dropping that big nasty beat, drop the big nasty beat.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if this is one of those situations or how exactly you go about getting folks organized for something like this. My hunch is that there's a private Facebook group somewhere. Of course, that's how these things kind of see the light of day. But I'm looking at this picture.
Speaker 1: I don't somebody's dropping a pin on specifically where this happening.
Speaker 2: Somebody is sharing an iOS location. Yeah, this is I don't know if I'd want to go to.
Speaker 1: This, but look here, Well, here's the advantage. Right, you're sort of outside the watchful eye of Johnny Law. If you're going to a campground, right, You're not at a bar, You're not at some sort of event space, You're not at somebody's house making a bunch of noise and the neighbors are getting involved. You're sort of a way. And so if you're really going at this in an aggressive like community way, everybody's being safe, everybody's asking for the correct permissions, right, then it does kind of make sense.
Speaker 2: Man, what's the line look like at the childcare place afterwards?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's my question is like, what is what kind of setup do we have for the kids. Off to the side here the camp cress is. It doesn't seem ideal.
Speaker 2: I have many questions about the gathering. Why don't we close it out with this one? Just got a babysitter at home. Everybody, just get the babe danced in. Yeah, before he goes to his swinger conventions. Yeah, Dogs twenty four to seven. Stetson has a better NFL career than all six of the quarterbacks taken tonight. I believe this is some sort of prediction. Yes, yeah, I think so. Stets and Bennett. Did Stetson Bennett see any snaps last.
Speaker 1: Year stets and Bennett NFL stats? I don't believe so plays for the Rams. He went away for a little bit to better himself, which I tip my cap for tip my cap two. It does not look like he has any available stats for the Rams. Okay, so I know Matt Stafford I think asks for more money, yes, for a negotiation situation with the Rams. I don't know what has happened with that. But Matt Stafford's certainly not young.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, he's sort of in the twilight of his career at this point. So right now, if you're looking at the Rams depth chart. Matt Stafford, is your cue be one. Jimmy Garoppolo, who I think is now suspended for some period of time, is the is the two and stets and Bennett's the three. So it's not out of the question that stets and Bennett could get a run at at taking a few snaps in the league. It just feels like the.
Speaker 1: First two games.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Garopps, Yeah, it feel it feels like it's a very limited window to do so, and it feels like there is enough Ammo on the field if he does get in there, that provided he's not a total disaster. I mean, they've got great receiver talent in Los Angeles, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cooper Cup and Pouka Nakua.
Speaker 2: Cooper, Cupp and Pooka. They've got Kyen Williams, former Notre damer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see having a good career. I don't know, Kion.
Speaker 2: Williams had a great year last year. Blake Koram just drafted into the league. Will see what what he brings with him. I mean, I think By and larsa Rams are pretty good team. Not an NFL analyst, so it stands to reason that Stetson Bennett having maybe been in the system a year, knows the offense has weapons around him, could come in and be successful. To say that he's going to have a prolonged NFL career, though I'm always hesitant to to call that out for quarterbacks under six foot tall.
Speaker 1: I think he will have a better NFL career than one of these quarterbacks. How about that?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: At all six which one I just think because of the not an NFL analytic, has become abundantly clear playing for Sean McVay, having that kind of receiver, talent, creativity on offense, running backs, whatever, that he could flash for four or five games in a relief role and become an attractive free agent or something down the line, or a trade if candidate, If like a quarterback gets hurt and the Rams are sitting with a really promising backup quarterback, sure which of the six well I was going to go through?
Speaker 2: So like you wouldn't take him over Klea Williams' sing, I.
Speaker 1: Have no idea. I don't know anything, neither do I play the game.
Speaker 2: Play the game?
Speaker 1: Humor me, No, not over Kayla Williams at the moment, No, Jane Daniels, Oh, it would be Bonix or Michael Pennix.
Speaker 2: To me, I think it's Bonix. I think Bonix is the obvious one.
Speaker 1: Boonis at least has a good quarterback coach, and Sean Payton I think. I don't know, and I always appreciate teams playing at altitude. The Pennock situation just weird.
Speaker 2: Penix might not even play man, right, There's a chance he he never plays, yeah, right, because they signed Kirk Cousins the game one hundred and eighty million dollars, He's going to be the guy.
Speaker 1: Like he'll be Jordan Love and sit for a long time.
Speaker 2: The problem is Jordan Love was younger, and by the time Penix would play in that setup, he'd be like twenty seven years old, Yeah, which is clearly not where the league is at nowadays. It doesn't mean he couldn't be successful, just would be a bit a bit non standard given where things stand right now. So I would like to see Stetson Bennet play in the NFL. I would really like and I and you know, when he was in college, so much of the conversation about Stetson Bennett was around who else should Georgia play at quarterback instead of stets and Bennet, And it took a while for many of us, maybe not Georgia fans, but many of us on the outside to come to grips with the fact that, like this dude's just going to be the quarterback, and he's really good as a college quarterback, full stop. He was very, very good. He's going down as one of the greatest ever, certainly for Georgia and the SEC or whatever else. And so it's guys like that that have i'll say a little bit of a t bow complex in that they were interesting players in college for a multitude of reasons. Neither of them necessarily projected all that well to the next level, but there was this inherent curiosity around what would happen if they got a few snaps. And I feel that about Stetson Bennett. You know, I think it'd be a good story for stets and Bennett to step in and actually be productive on the next level.
Speaker 1: I've no idea if it's a good story, but I want to see it.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be a good story. I would like to see it. Fair enough, all right, any of these other ones here that you want to address quickly, We've got, like I.
Speaker 1: Think we should circle back to burls Ford. If anybody out.
Speaker 2: There is a reballer going to Burl's Ford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want a thorough write up of your experience, what you saw first person on the ground.
Speaker 2: Report this is or if you've just been to Burl's Ford for like an action camping thing, just local knowledge would be helpful. Here, solid verbal, how do you think that aligns with a swinger's night? Yeah? Where would you throw one?
Speaker 1: Solid verbal?
Speaker 2: At? Gmail dot com is the email address. We'd appreciate any and all insight. Again, this is no judgment podcast, No enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Whatever everybody's consenting great perfect hit follow, hit, subscribe.
Speaker 2: Wherever it is you are listening to this here podcast episode, be it on your how do you app on your phone, on the YouTube app on your phone or on your computer wherever, Please do hit, like, or subscribe or follow whatever you can. All that stuff helps Dan and I out for Ballers dot Com of course, is our Patreon ad free bonus episodes get access to a couple other perks here in the off season, Dan, can I tell you something please?
Speaker 1: As it relates. First of all, I wanted to ask you something at the top of the show that I decided to ask you at the end of the show, how uh deleted, erased or not at all? Is your digital footprint via message boards over the years, Like, if somebody found out your username, could they go back and find anything like damning that you've posted or embarrassing that you've posted, emotional that you were riled up while posting.
Speaker 2: It has been so long since I posted on a message board, okay, And I've always been pretty mindful of what I'm putting out there.
Speaker 1: But if if a forensic somebody did some some forensic message board accounting.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think I've posted anything that would be too objectionable, Okay, and people who people listening to this show know that I'm not that controversial, that's true. So if any of that stuff is out there, and I don't even remember what my name is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, swing Guy forty four four, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: How about you. Oh, there are probably posts I regret, Yeah, there're Twitter posts regret. Yeah, there are tweets I regret for sure, But I I sort of cleaned all that up, Like I just at some point figured like, why do I need tweets from twenty thirteen good, bad, meaningless. It's like floating around like it doesn't seem like there's a reason. No, so there's like some service. I'll just like get rid of it older than a year or something. Yeah, yeah, there's probably stuff I regret. I don't know. I have no idea. I don't remember all my screen names either, so I don't know what it's a it's been a minute now. The other thing to add is like I don't know the terminology for the burls forward stuff. And we just had a couple invite us over for a game night, and I have no idea if it's an actual game night. Is that a code? Okay, we did talk about like code names is one of the games I think, and taboo, But then again, taboo could be missing to I don't know solid verbogmail dot com.
Speaker 2: I don't let us know is the email addressed? Let us know my thing, but find us on social media as well. We'd appreciate any end all of your support.
Speaker 1: We'll be back a little bit later on this week.
Speaker 2: Welcome to May College Football Talk, Boys and girls. Big shout out to our friends over at boor Geniuses for putting in yeomen's work time and again bringing some of these great message board postings to light. We appreciate it. Thank you for letting us piggyback on some of your hard work.
Speaker 1: Aggregating the aggregator.
Speaker 2: That's right for that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rubinstein, for myself, tie held the brand.
Speaker 1: Hope you had fun.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: Talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Stay solid, peace, h