Speaker 1: This episode of Bustle with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: Is that the room? Is that the green Light Pod room?
Speaker 3: Dude, it's my office, which happens to be green because that's my favorite color?
Speaker 1: Is that why it was? Is that why it's called the green Light Pod?
Speaker 3: I mean sort of. It's kind because I didn't want to call it like the Chris Longpod, and it just like the Chris Long Show. But also like green light means like we'll talk about whatever, So you know, there's a little bit.
Speaker 1: What that means. Is it like a psychology thing?
Speaker 3: No, it's not a psychology think. It's like the way I looked at it is, you know, pick an ambiguous name because I don't want to be like the third and Long Show, Like I don't want to be I want something that people like, why is it called that? I would rather do that than just be really like dorky and over with my ship like a football.
Speaker 1: You no, that's smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So right right before this, right before we got on here, this dude Taylor hits the group chat and says, my powers out, the powers out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said his power went out.
Speaker 2: He face tigns me he's like, yeah, I don't know, man, something with my power, Like it's like flickering. So last last last week in Nashville, like over one hundred thousand people were without power because was that kind of like a tornado? No? That So it's crazy because now white Board during it like that. Nashville has been enduring it, dude. Like two months ago it was like a tornado, which hit us pretty bad, obviously the pandemic. But last week there's just a thunderstorm and it took out over one hundred thousand people with power. He was part of it, but everything got figured out. But I guess today I.
Speaker 3: Don't Well, I'm I'm good. If you need me to come back in a couple of months, that's fine, And if you need me to wait around or you want to, like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm like, d we're chatting while I'm running this thing. I told Taylor, I was like, hopefully your power comes on because then you can just crash.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get into your charge.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get into all your chark because I'm super curious about all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Interesting going alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I bet I can only imagine, like I do the stuff I feel like on my own sometimes shout out Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's different.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a weird vibe because no one, you know, cares about it like you do, and you've got to kind of find all these pivots on your own, like, oh, no one's coming to save me, Like I got to figure this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like you can work harder and make people care what you're saying. You either just kind of have to slowly build up an audience or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I was listening to your green Light pod. For those that don't know, Chris Long has a phenomenal podcast. He runs it way better than any athlete has out there. It's called the green Light Podcast. You can go and subscribe to it. I was listening to your most recent one, and I was telling you earlier how all the topics I had of, like, oh, let's talk about the last Dance, because you know, everybody's so intrigued with with Michael Jordan and an athlete his mindset, an athlete's mindset and some stuff you kind of watch and you kind of sit back and see everybody tweeting and talking about it and they're talking like it's some anomaly that somebody thinks that way.
Speaker 1: Or is that competitive?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And I was talking with my strength coach earlier, and it's just like, yo, everybody. There's so many athletes who are like competitive in that nature. Like we were playing spike ball last Saturday and Taylor and I were ready to like hit each other, take each.
Speaker 3: Other out, arguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah exactly. He's like, Yo, I'm gonna run through you. And it's like, all right, well, I hope you do it. And I'm thinking in my mind like, yo, that's a big dude. But you're private themselves, like yeah, fuck you, bro, Like go ahead. But I find it so interesting because people think like that stuff doesn't necessarily happen and doesn't necessarily happen, and then they sat after on the last dance and then they're like, oh, that's why he's the greatest. It's like, yo, athletes.
Speaker 3: I think this exposes a lot of people's and this is natural. Like if I was watching a police movie or like a movie about another profession where there's camaraderie, teamwork, obviously the stakes are different. I'm not comparing football to law enforcement or the military any of that stuff. I'm not, but I am saying that. Like, you know, anytime there's an inside look at you know, a documentary or a movie and there's outsiders looking at it, you know they're going to take certain things that are unremarkable and make them big deals. And I think with Jordan, to your point, it's not that he was so competitive that he would damn near kill to win. I think if anybody had a winning problem, it was Jordan. Like a problem winner, like problem gamblers. He's like a problem winner. He's close to the borderline of stars at least that are well documented. But to your point, there's a ton of guys who were really competitive, but they just weren't as good as Jordan's so it's not as well documented. And also like it's easy to tell that story and we should hear it. It's awesome because he's the goat to me, at least, I don't know if he's the best player of all time. But there's two different conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't we're talking about the last dance. We can't use the L word right now because.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna use it to go down that road because it's just so it's so pointless, but like, I just think the reason you get to see it, and it's a real blessing that they had all this tape. Thank God for for for the people that unearthed this stuff, and then he agreed to do it because the pandemic it has saved us from a sports fan perspective, But like, I just don't think people understand that there's plenty of guys who just aren't as good as him that are that competitive. But he definitely was very competitive. And the craziest part to me was not is just general competitiveness, but like his motive self motivation style, like making ship up the the Bradford James thing, Like he just made that up out of thin air, Like you're a little bit psychotic to do that a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, yeah, especially over like hey good game, Like that's psychotic.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and then he made it up.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine somebody just say hey, Chris, good game, and you're like, all right, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Well he made it up. So he so he so so like not only was it a lie, but it was also the fact that, you know, the lie was so innocuous to most people be like, hey, good game, what do you fuck do you mean, good game, Like that's insane. I mean it was like, hey, hang on, hang.
Speaker 2: On, what's innocuous, Like this is a this is a real football player.
Speaker 3: Innocuous would be like innocuous would be like it's not a big deal, Like it's just a comment and passing unless I just butchered the word, you're making me second guessing, But MOUs means not a big deal. So like it's fucking like somebody should how many times you've been told hey, good game, even after somebody wore you out, Like if the tackle blocked me all day and said, hey, nice game. Depending on the tone, it's probably not a big deal. But to Mike, you not only made that exchange up, but that was the exchange And like, what's the point of telling people that if you're the one you're trying to motivate. So it's yeah, insane to me. And then and then on top of that, it was like George Carl was bj Armstrong, not George Carl was a Yeah, it was George Carl pissed him off before the finals, like all these guys. He found motivations to win, and like spin zone here, if Jordan could do that every game, why didn't he do it? More make up some shit and then just go off for thirty seven in the first half, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And they make it. The documentary paints the picture. So I guess I'm gonna use the word cool because he's sitting there and they're talking about and he's like swinging this like bat and has a cigar hisstoke in his mouth.
Speaker 1: You're kind of sitting there as an.
Speaker 2: Athlete, like, yo, these dudes got to do whatever they want back. I felt like anyway, I mean not just that.
Speaker 3: I mean you mentioned the Stovia. I mean he was talking about people ripping SIGs in the eighties and that's absolutely true. It was true in the NFL. My pops told me about guys that used to, you know, be ripping heaters at halftime, and that was fairly fairly normal. I mean, it was just it was just a different era, man, And like, I'm just really glad they had this footage because we didn't have this in depth access and you could have this kind of in depth access nowadays in twenty twenty, for like the fourth corner on an NFL team, because he has his own production company and he's like, I'm just on my YouTube channel, Like on that NFL team has as much banked content as Jordan did back in the day, but you know the differences. And Jordan's agent talked about this is like every time we use Jordan's name, his brand is diminished. So it's like it's like inflation for his brand. So he saved it up and it's just like we were starved for it. But he controls the production process here, so like when he anchors this thing and under promises, over delivers, and he's like, people are gonna hate me. He knows people are gonna hate him. He knows people are gonna like him. What he's comfortable sharing, he's gonna he's gonna share. I want to know what was in the tapes that he didn't let to the light of day. That's what the fuck I wanted.
Speaker 2: To know the same dude, because you know those dudes who are karen A on the camera, they probably saw some ship and heard some stories that's like, yeah, we're not able to use that.
Speaker 3: Even the footage I mean like just vaulted. They had a separate room for it. I think, uh, you know, and and the only person who had like the key was Jordan. I don't know I heard this, and you know how much in there was foot is that he was just like, no, no, no, I want to know the stuff they argued over. The producer would be like, probably, hey man, we could use this. I promise this won't make you look bad, et cetera. Sexcuse you're talking about one of the most brand conscious athletes of all time, and ironically he protected his brand to elevate the brands of athletes, is what he did by protecting his brand, and now guys can do everything like YouTube live, like look at how much shit And this is the only time I use Lebron in this documentary, But look at Lebron's brand, which is really well done and he focuses on a lot. Jordan put the same energy in it in a protective way, and he paved the way for guys like Lebron to just do whatever every week barber shop, ig live, Taco Tuesday. Like Jordan didn't do this stuff, there wouldn't a medium for it. I don't know if he would have, but I honestly think getting a normal a little bit more through his documentary, he would have been just the same way. I think he'd be like protective brand dude, honestly.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, And I think it's interesting too because everybody who sat down to do these interviews able to, you know, chop and take bits and pieces of him. But you're almost curious what conversations were really happening on the camera when they were asking about talking about his leadership style and if he was an asshole, because you know, they can kind of show smirks and reactions and there may be a couple of sentences, but then you cut to something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I think that there's some of this stuff. Damn near every player in this thing that's a supporting actor, so to speak, in this whole thing has come out with a little bit of embarrassment and got to dust it up a little bit by Jordan. You know, like he didn't really take a shot at Charles. He was like he was mad he's the MVP that year. But that's a pretty normal comment for some of you who's super competitive. I think he, you know, he showed respect there. He took a shot at Gary kind of laughed at him the glove last week, and I thought like that was a little unfair because you know, Gary did Jordan was more sporadic as far as the shooting percentage towards the end of that series against the Sonics, and Gary did do a good job. I mean, that's like, it's objectively true. And for them to set Gary up like that, they were probably leading Gary down the road of and you did a pretty good job against Michael. You did it. And Gary's starting to feel himself and he's he's interviewing like he's getting the hype because he's like, yeah, I shut Michael down a little bit. He was like, you know, thirty percent shooting late in the series, and then they lead him right into the trap and Jordan knows exactly what he's gonna say. He's controlling the production. So I think it's a little bit unfair from that standpoint. Scotty probably got burned a little bit with saying like I would have done it over again, because I think they probably took it out of context a little bit that he was saying, like, you know, like how some people say even if I fuck up, I don't change anything in my life. I think that's what he meant, and he didn't really get it out well. And also they took it out of context, so it's tricky. If you're gonna be in a Jordan documentary, you're not going to be the hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. What uh, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What was your what was your thoughts on his leadership style? I know when I was listening to your pod, there's a thousand different ways of skin a cat. So yeah, everybody's trying to get a job done, which is when you've been on Super Bowl teams, You've been around all these different cultures. Like what did you take away from the way guys were about his leadership style.
Speaker 3: I've been around great players, man, I've been around a lot of them, as you know you probably have too. I'm very lucky to play with guys like Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, like Tory Holt, Stephen Jacks. I'm going on a list of guys I think might be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: You play with Tory Holt.
Speaker 3: Yep, right, that's how old.
Speaker 1: I let's go.
Speaker 3: That's a documentary I played with the I played with a few guys at the end at the beginning of my career in Saint Lewis that make me look really old? Trent Green Dante Hall about trotting out uh for for training camp and fissing Orlando pace off trying to win in one on one pass rush and he's just playing with you. I would say everybody has a different leadership style and the key is be you man like like And for Jordan, I think that was very authentically him. That's what I like about him is he's unapologetically him. I don't think anything is upfront with him. I don't think he's saying any of this to to you know, get attention, Like this is just him and this fit him. So I think it's funny. Like we talked about him being hated, I don't hate him. I like him more because he's unapologetically an asshole. You ask the guys that play with him. It depends on who you ask. I think, like Wennington talked about him testing guys, like testing guys and seeing if they back down or not. You talked about the curve fight. Okay, the Wennington point that happens in the NFL all the time, the curve fight. How many fights have you seen in fucking practice. I've seen way worse than Steve Kerr getting punched in the fucking eye. The Scott Barrell thing. Everybody was like, Oh, that's so mean. He was calling Scott Barella hooe like forty six times. I've heard so much worse. That's your daily stretch line. By the way, I think he probably loves Scott Barell. I think they hit the streets together. I think they gamble together, hung out, and I think that like people, that's what people don't understand. There aren't athletes and understand team dynamic, and I think every guy has a different dynamic with their teammates relationships, and you got to do what fits your personality. That's the way I think about it. And also, who's going to punch Jordan in the face. Everybody was like, Steve Kerney's punched Jordan in the face. You punched Jordan in the face. That's like hitting a quarterback and training camp and you're on you know, rookie minie.
Speaker 1: Getting close to his arm and yeah, like stuff.
Speaker 3: You're on spirit airlines, motherfucker, you're out of here. So that's like, who's who's gonna take a swing at Jordan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One time when I when I was like a rookie, I was on practice squad and I almost block on accident because you kind of get thrown right into the punter and I almost take out the punter, which is like a huge no, you know what I mean, because you only got film and uh man.
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 2: Coach Burns Keith Browns Man and he's like, hey, who's forty six?
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm like, oh me.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey man, you're gonna fuck around and get a good player. We're gonna send you ass back home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. That's you know, if I had a dollar for every time I heard, you know, a rookie threatened to h get bought a plane ticket home because they ran into or got close. Because I'm in a D line room and you know, you know, there's nobody that's grinding harder than rookie linemen with pads, without pads, and O linemen throw you, O lineman get beat, they hit, toss people back into the quarterback. You know, guys instinctively, and I've done this before. You win a pass rush, you kind of hold your arm up to show you had to sack, or you reach for the ball because that's kind of what you do. And young guys they're just not that fucking smart, and they're extremely motivated and everybody has a practice speed. And if your ten year vet, you probably hate the rookie and vice versa. But yeah, I mean, like you're not gonna punch Jordan in the face. So I think it depends on who you ask. Like, you know, Phil Jackson text Winner, they were the guys, the Triangle offense guys, and you know that that took over in the early nineties. And and if you ask texts, he thought that Jordan he said in a book, he was quoted as saying that Jordan definitely wrote his teammates too hard. But then if you ask Phil Jackson, he said, like that fight was a turning point with Kurt. So I think it just depends. And I love, love, love his answer of you know, I wouldn't make my teammates do anything that I wouldn't do, because that's the number one thing I want to look for in a leader. Do you leave by example?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's I mean at the end of that episode, he's like crying, which I think was powerful. It's like, yo, he I mean that you said it earlier, Like that's authentically him, like he only knew it, he only knew how to do it that way. Yeah, he wanted them to experience winning like he was experiencing it.
Speaker 3: I love that sequence. That sequence made episode seven my favorite to this point. It was obviously the most personal and raw. And you talk about a guy who's cruised through narrating everything, including the death of his father, and that choked him up. And I wonder if it's just that he looks back and he's like, I wish I could have been nicer to people, like I did miss out on some relationships, that sort of thing, because I think there's an element of mj being like a fucking armchair psychologist where he does have trouble connecting with people, like you could tell, like in the locker room, like back and forth with guys, like you can tell when guys are laughing at jokes and they're just kind of like, hah, yeah, you're Michael Jordan. I don't want to get kind of got a lot, like we don't talk a lot the cameras here, like that sort of thing. I'm not saying he was a bad team and I'm just saying, like it's hard for guys to relate to somebody who's isolated himself that much because he wants to be so great and is so great, and so I think that he I think that he had trouble relating at times, I honestly do, but I think it was authentically him, and I think it kind of tore him up or he just missed it misbusting people's asses. And that's what he was crying about when he when he delivered that line. If you don't want to play like that, don't play like that, break right right?
Speaker 2: Who are Who are some of the leaders you think about throughout your career that you played with? And you might think of more when you when you were younger in your career than you did, But what are some things and qualities and guys that you would shout out that you took a lot from.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a difference in in leadership and like mentorship. I had a number of mentors, like guys that weren't necessarily great team leaders, but they were guys that I needed to bring me along as young player one on one. I think that's leadership too. But like in the broader sense, you know, you think of leadership it's team captain type shit. But you know, early in my career, guy like James Hall, Okay, like you know how this is I'm coming in as a high draft pick. You've seen this with guys like they're playing earlier than they should. There's a grizzly veteran. He's still fucking good. You're on a bad team. It's dysfunctional. I come in I shouldn't have been starting my first year in front of James Hall. He was a fifty to sixty sack career guy, played in Detroit. Real grumpy guy. Didn't talk to me, damn near the whole first year. I was afraid to ask him questions. I kind of pushed up on his job and I didn't deserve it yet. And you know, like fast forward three years into my career. He's the single most impactful veteran I had because once I earned his respect, we became best friends. We climb Kelly together. He's who I went with the first time. He came to my wedding. We talked the other night for thirty minutes on the phone, like we did not talk for a whole year. But that was leadership in an individual, you know, setting because he knew what buttons he had to push with me, And all of a sudden, you know, he's not answering my questions or he's ignoring me flat out at the locker I'm following him in the film room, I'm like, Hey, what do I do here? What do I do here? And I just annoyed him and worked my ass off till he respected me. Now, leadership, I would say I'll just pick two Patriots offense and defense. Dante high Tower one of the best leaders I've ever been around. Not only a badass football player, criminally underrated, but he he was a guy that related to everybody in the in the locker room. I think relatability is huge, as you know, Like if you can go to any lockero and talk to the guys in the locker room authentically, you're a fucking candidate to be a leader. A gel guy, a blue guy. He was that guy. But he was also a guy can motherfuck you, And he was usually in the right place, so he wasn't being a hypocrite and I've seen him cuss people out. I love the standard he set. Also, Matt Slater. Matt Slater is one of the greatest people I've ever played with, one of the best leaders I've ever played with, and on a team with big names. Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, that sort of thing, Like, those two guys are the leaders to me. Yeah, and Slate under the radar is absolutely integral to that team and he has compassion. He's that type of guy. So everybody's got a different type of leadership. And those two guys just stood out to me late in my career.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean arguably in our profession.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady is arguably the goat in the NFL and you have you know, we're witnessing this documentary of the goat. You know, debatable, arguable in NBA. What would you say differences are with Tom and Michael Jordan?
Speaker 3: Uh, big difference. Uh, you know Tom, you see the fiery Tom on the sideline, And like I said, everybody's different. Tom to me is the goat as far as the quarterback is concerned. And when you're the the head of the snake as they say you are, you know, front of the line, if you're the goat quarterback, you're the goat football player in my opinion. And uh, you know, he was humble, he was down to earth. Everybody on TVCs him cussing people out, throwing the tablet. Uh, you know that type of shit. You don't want to and I was never a receiver, so I never got that ship. Like he was always nice to me because I was a d lineman. There was no nothing he could cuss me out about. But I just thought Tom was the most every man goat I ever played with, Like, treated everybody in the building with respect, introduced himself to everybody. I know. I told this story before and some people were like, what's the big deal you introduced himself to you. I'm like, motherfucker. When I walk in on my first day and Tom Brady walks up to me and shakes my hand and he's like, I'm Tom Brady, and I'm like, I know, Like that's a little thing. But that was emblematic of what he did every day. And you know, he knew when to turn it on, when to be an asshole, when not to be an asshole. I think, Jordan, from what I understand, and this was a psychological thing. In seven and eight, he was damn near like the player and the coach. He was Bill Belichick and Tom Brady at the same time. You know, and when you talk to Steve Kerr, Steve Kerr says he played with you know well knowing Tim Duncan Okay, you play, You're playing with Tim Duncan, the other leaders that he knows of the in the NBA. You played with him, and it felt like you played with and for Michael Jordan. So I think that, honestly, that baseball break for him was partially a big deal because he didn't have to be a coach and a player and he could get led, Like when was the last time Michael Jordan got led? And so I think that was a nice break for him. I think, you know, Tom and Mike, it's just different. Fifty three guys on the team five got here, you know, twelve thirteen, but they're both to goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, shifting a little bit. You're retired now, Yeah, what what is life like being retired?
Speaker 1: How you play? What? Eleven years?
Speaker 3: Eleven years? Yeah, like, what is life like for you now? It's awesome. It's been one of the best years of my life. I think a lot of it has to do with me going out in a way that I was was comfortable with, you know, on my terms, and going out still playing well. So while it's still sometimes I miss it, and there's times where you know that that you know, competitor and me pokes his head out and I'm watching a game and I'm like, I can make that fucking player. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Like I could still do Yeah, you still feel like you can go out there and make the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But also it's nice to say, you know what, I'd rather have a little bit in the tank than nothing. And I can say that because when you have nothing in the tank as a football player, it's not just effort, it's your livelihood. And I'm healthy, I can play with my kids. My dad played thirteen years in the league in the old CBA days. I know what that looks like. I don't want to look like that when I'm sixty. Not in the face, my man looks flawless, but yeah, I mean he looks like Benjamin Button. But you know, you see him try to do an external row with a band. I mean, like, my man is jacked up. And I didn't want to be like that. So this has been the best year of my life down there. I mean, I've been under the gun. Really, any NFL football player has been under the gun for you know, if you play eleven years in the league and in high school, I was working towards the scholarship, you know, I was lifting after practice. I was staying at the facility till eight pm. Like I've been working towards this my whole life. So it's twenty years of being under the gun. It feels great to be out.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: You mentioned like being that extra, that hard worker growing up when you were growing up in a family.
Speaker 3: Like you have.
Speaker 2: You have your younger brother, he's a stud. Your mom is a stud too. Wasn't she a tennis player?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She was good. She was a good athlete, good swimmer. She still plays some tennis. And then my wife and her like have this rivalry.
Speaker 2: Now, So did you ever feel like that expectation. I'm sure you've been asked in a lot, but did you ever feel those expectations? Maybe not specifically from your family because maybe your dad just gets it. Yeah, like those coaches and friends and people just growing up thinking like I know, everyone expects me to be the next HOWI long?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's it's tough because you know, like you mentioned, my dad actually wasn't some like varsity blues dad, right, He was like very He didn't push me towards football. In fact, like he was the one who was more of an anchor for my ego. I mean he was like, you know, you'd be lucky. You know, maybe you could get a D one offer and you know, maybe you're athletic enough to play D line, but I would work on your guard sets. He still says he didn't say that shit, but I mean, like he didn't make it seem like a like a big deal that he was my dad. And he also tried to raise me the way you know he would want to be raised, which was with humility and just work ethic. Whatever you do, you excel at that. It doesn't have to be football. But it turned out to be football. And I'd say, if you're taking that path, you know, certainly high draft pick for star recruit coming out, there's a lot of ways that those guys skipped to the front of line. But also I look at some guys who, you know, thumbma knows it, guys who who had backgrounds like this or whatever. There's a flip side to that coin. And that's that flip side is pressure. You know, I asked those guys, you ever walk in a room and everybody dislikes you and has a preconceived notion about you.
Speaker 2: That I was already thinking about that rookie year when you were talking about you took you took your boy's job, and I can only assume what your probably image was right when you walked in that building, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's not only you're not only a high draft pick. Everybody assumes that you hit the genetic lottery, which, by the way, I'm the third best athlete in my family maybe fourth.
Speaker 2: Uh and and also it's a solid family. Though I would be one of those haters. I'd be like, yo, Chris Long, he's got the genetic dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your salty. Here's the thing about fucking genetics. What about all the other guys in the league. Do they have shitty genetics? Like, and they're all going to pass genetics down to kids in the generation later and people are gonna be saying that about their kids. Uh So did genetics change from their generation to the next? Like I think as my son probably just fell down or some shit.
Speaker 2: Hold on, we were talking about the genetics and I was the buddle was going to be whoever's perceived to be better than me than that means they just have better genetics than me.
Speaker 3: Well yeah I can say that too, Like, you know this from playing in the NFL, Like I listen, you know, I'm not bullshit, and you there were very few teams where I was a top ten athlete on the team. And that's the funny thing is when your Howie Long's sun, everybody assumes you could just hit a lot of You know, my dad's more athletic than me. I had to work for everything I had. And you know, there's some people you never convinced that, and that's fine, but those are people who are sidelined people. And there are also people that don't understand that when when you're marked like that, a great career in the NFL for eleven years, two super Bowls, seventy sacks, all that shit, like team captain, that's a dream for everybody else. But you still have these nobodies that are like on the sideline, like you never be your dad. I'm like, will you never be me? Like who gives a fuck? Like you're not me and I'm not him, And really it doesn't matter. And I'm tougher than you because I had to deal with that pressure in my whole life, and so that was like a skin of armor for me. If I get in the league and people are looking at me like this, dude's probably soft or whatever like that made me tougher and you didn't have that, and I did. Okay, maybe you're tougher in a lot of other ways, but I had that and you did.
Speaker 2: Yo, you just say you just fired me the fuck up, Chris. I was getting up in my seat and everything as ah.
Speaker 3: Come back, Where was I going?
Speaker 1: Where was I going?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 2: You legit, you legit had me fired up for a moment.
Speaker 3: Because I like to talk shit, okay, because because I had to talk a lot of ship and this is it, and this is the thing is like you know, when you're.
Speaker 2: You, I can tell you had to talk a lot of ship. It seems like you've been in this conversation plenty of times, Like I didn't even go there, and you just like you know, if somebody wants to talk ship there aside.
Speaker 3: You know, you have much crazy shit I've heard over that, Like it's insane, like the way people twist certain things based on that. So like, yeah, is it awesome? It's awesome to have a dad that played. He understands the game, he understands what I'm going through. You know, that's great. Uh, And also football gave him, you know, his kids a life that he never had, Like, you know, he grew up in Charlestown with not a lot and he had you know, family members that helped him through. But it wasn't you know, it wasn't an easy childhood. Uh for me, I got that from football. So I would never resent my pops career. In fact, I love it. I like I my dad is is like my best friend. So there's people that are like, is it annoying whatever? I'm like, Nah, not really. You know, I've been extremely blessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: All those accolades you mentioned earlier that you have.
Speaker 2: Accomplished in the NFL, the WATERBOYL organization, being host of green Light Pod, what is your favorite what is your favorite stat line? Of all of those accolades, what would you say you're most proud of?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know, football wise, I mean, like listen, podcasting is hard and you're you know this too. I mean it's really hard. So this is a this is sometimes I'm more proud of a good pod than I was a good game.
Speaker 1: Uh dude, doesn't it hype you up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: You're like, I can do I got my when we got our first, like small little sponsorship check. I wrote about this in one of my blogs. I was like, I was so fired up. I felt like I was getting a game check because we had earned that, like we had created it, Like we did. You made it to this little fun shit.
Speaker 3: And it's and it's and you're entering a world of very smart people that would have called you a meathead. And yes, so I guess on the field it would be. You know, I had a four year stretch that was really good in Saint Louis. You know, forty sacks in four years, and I'm proud of that because there weren't a lot of guys that do forty and four years. I mean, there were some good rushers that did that, but you know, for a while there I had a really good run individually and on bad teams too. So that was overcoming adversity and that sort of thing. You know. Obviously, the team stuff for me is being lucky enough to be a part two Super Bowl teams. There's a lot of luck involved in that. You got to choose the right place and free agency, et cetera, and a lot has to go right for you to be on a team. That's why I don't like judging people on super Bowls. That's why for me, I almost sometimes when I resent the fact that, you know, I had a career that was really productive and people will be like super Bowl Champion. There he is, I'm like, whoa, hey, sir.
Speaker 4: Did you guys hear me? Hey, good boy, I'm in this thing.
Speaker 2: Damn it, Chris.
Speaker 4: I'm having a huge issue with these Zoom podcasts because every fucking guy we have on this thing, it's always one handsome son of a bitch. It makes us look locally as ship. Again, he was Chase Rice and now you got dam Did people say we're twins? Really? Yes, dude, that would be a deadly duo. That would be an absolutely terrifying duo.
Speaker 3: You know he played at UNC. You probably talked about all this. Yeah he did.
Speaker 4: And I tell you what he said too, And I know you can attest to this is when people say, oh, I played I played here, or I played there, I did this and that and the other. I could have gone to the NFL, however injury. However, coach didn't like me, so I had it. We had a little little square, a little qualm with him about that. I'm not sure did he do it. He said that he he he brought up the fact that he did get injured. He had a big season. He was in front of Zach Brown, who did end up going to the NFL. So you got to respect that.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know Zach Brown, you know, I know.
Speaker 3: I know stories that I know. He he uh. He found his way out of Philly in the most spectacular.
Speaker 2: Fashion, in the best fucking way.
Speaker 3: Dude just got there. He pissed somebody off and then they got torched by said somebody, and then he was gone.
Speaker 4: So funny, dude, that's such a that's such a Zach Broun thing. Zach Brown shout out to people that just do whatever the hell they want. Yeah, Frank Sinatra my way. You know what, if you live by that song, good for you, man, good for you. You can't you can't all be sellouts.
Speaker 3: You're you're the master your universe. Man. And like I envy those people, Like I like to think I got a solid I got more in the pen. Do you like to put a pinch of salt in the recipe? I got more than a pincher. You don't give a fuck. But Zach Brown got like a tablespoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, here's that was the main course, No question, you definitely did. But that's a good thing, man, People don't Marilyn Monroe said, no one got no one ever gets remembered following following the rules, you know. I mean, that's that's a big thing. I'm all about that. I respect the ship out of that dude. But anyway, going going back to Chase Rice real quick yet he said, hey, Chris, just know the.
Speaker 2: Boys on and your podcast is over.
Speaker 1: Dude, We're hosting Taylor.
Speaker 2: Now. Hey, this is green Light Podcast featuring I Love and our guest is Tande of the line.
Speaker 4: I just will, I just want. I didn't want to go on this podcast start talking about Chase Resse. Could have would have should have cut to attitude and not say that. I believe he could have actually made in the NFL. I was just giving him a hard time.
Speaker 1: He's a boy.
Speaker 4: Gotta respect him, stumbling as the.
Speaker 3: Ranch athletic dude, good dude, and uh man his concerts if the ladies love him?
Speaker 2: Oh no, quesh, we got him around the Bachelor too. When he was on the Bachelor, he told us the whole spiel.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's got a square jaw man. He's got a jaw that can cut glass. And that's coming from somebody with with a sizable mandible.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, dude, jealousy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got them cat eyes.
Speaker 4: Boy, Hey, I got them eyes. That's about it. From here, Hey, I'm the prettiest woman in the world. From here to here, baby, and they're there. Every girl envyes this ship. After that, it's like small piece, y'all. Line, offensive lineman. Life's a little tough out here for the boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you, o, lineman, get really pigeonholed on the I think every big white old lineman that walks in the room, everybody assumes he has a small piece. And I.
Speaker 2: Just you know there, you don't just come up with those stereotypes, you know what I mean, Like, there's some data behind it, Dude. Three, That's who I'm standing by in the shower if if I'm going in, Dude, it's an old line.
Speaker 3: I feel like you guys did We went overboard with the shower talk once before and baits he got mad at you, Darren Bates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we talked about we were on a meat peeking segment there for a second legend, Dude, dB is such a legend.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Like when that came about, I walked up to him on the sideline. It was just because me and him, like we just had that funny little we were like the backups in that in the linebacker room and his locker is.
Speaker 1: Right next to mine with his little boom box and everything. Walk dB.
Speaker 2: How many of these guys you think would admit to meet peeking in the showery cam? You Wow, boy, he's a you know, dB bos sixty.
Speaker 3: You've got a tablespoon of Memphis and the man's he's a Memphis dude. I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Before we go on to the next topic subject fun in the podcast The Boys, we got to read a couple of ads free Fly Shout out the boys at free Fly.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, I got a box.
Speaker 2: Of clothing from this company. Their clothing now is made from buttersoft bamboo, and I have to say that it's one hundred percent fact true and it fucking feels like butter is laying on you. I'm not joking, honestly. I actually got on a couple of days ago and I used our code busting, which you'll give you here in a little bit I used our code to buy more gear because the gear they shipped me, I mean they shipped me a shirt, shorts, hat, all this fun stuff. But I need more of it because I really it did. Is that fucking comfortable I heard around the house. I've wore it out, you know when I hit the golf course, I'm gonna wear it. If you know free fly fishing, I assume if I ever go free fly fishing one day, I will have this shit on me. Some background on the boys. FreeFly was founded by Montana Fishing Guide and two Nike marketers that identified a big problem in the industry outdoor clothing was too complicated and way too fucking uncomfortable, stiff, all that shit that you guys know what I'm talking about. Together, they quit their jobs and made it made it their mission to create the most comfortable shirt imaginable. On top of being super comfortable, free Fly's bamboo clothing has upf sun protection, wikes away moisture, and doesn't hold odor from fishing to hitting the gym or lounging around the house. This stuff is phenomenal. You can get twenty percent off when you visit FreeFly Apparel dot com. Backslash bustin again. That's twenty percent off. Use this code, guys, I myself have used this code to get twenty percent off free fly gear. You go to their site FreeFly apparel dot com backslash to get twenty percent off.
Speaker 4: Hey, you want to make cooking, kick man, you have tablespoons and teaspoons everywhere that.
Speaker 3: Oh I am because my son's been all day.
Speaker 2: He's been bacon.
Speaker 3: My son's been making cookies all day. Bro, you can only make cookies so many times during the pandemic and act like we didn't do it last week. But I don't know that until I'm eight o'clock at night wandering around the fucking pantry like I'm lost. I don't have a road map, and I keep walking back in and walking back in. Hey, let me just say this. Don't get high in the kitchen if you eat an edible, don't do your work at night in the kitchen. Go upstairs because you'd be too lazy to walk downstairs. The biggest life hack in the world. Do you only eat dessert? If you want to eat dessert, you make that decision.
Speaker 4: No question, Oh, I you know.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I make that decision that mistake. I've made it several times in the quarantine world. He never doesn't matter how lazy I am. Right when we get we'll get down playing risk. I'll walk right on downstairs. Though About what are we gotten here?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 2: Who's getting destroyed tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's an edible? What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He can't nothing that you know, nothing that you know about you? Yeah, it our young son.
Speaker 4: That Devil's let us everyone's talking about. It's all the new rage. Is that what everyone's talking about?
Speaker 3: The Devil's let us? You're you're you got a little chairub down there.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm in the Bible belt.
Speaker 3: Baby. Yea we whoa whoa baby.
Speaker 2: Speaking?
Speaker 4: Okay, So just going on that a little bit. I think right after you retire, one of your first like comments you made was something about marijuana. Do you guys already talk about this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, dude, I'm just laughing because you just came in and I'm gonna be honest, like Chris, this is the best tailor of wine we've gotten because it's always been on the phone. It's blurry, there's no microphone, it's the phone. Like, I'm stoked and proud right now, because he sounds like a pro.
Speaker 1: He's holding that marker moving around.
Speaker 2: He's like, all right, let's go into that a little bit after.
Speaker 4: Shout out sharpy. We're looking for sponsors every single day.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: You know why it's blank back here, Chris. A lot of room, a lot of real estate to sell our soul, baby us. You want to put a big leaf up here. If you just let you just pay the bucks, that's all we need.
Speaker 3: Hashtag goals. You can write all your hashtag goals and you know, right, a fake workout plan and put it online like everybody else, no question, like fake this champion. I got in trouble, not in trouble because I I get in trouble. I think here's the problem toy in. You know, uh, Nashville is not a huge football market. It's a great football market, but it's not a national market where if you say something it's going to hit the fan. For eight years in Saint Louis, you know, we were bad and nobody was watching us outside Saint Louis. So you know there were people that when I got to New England and in Philly, they were like, who is this guy? Like I've never seen him play football? Before. I've been in the league at TAM decade, Okay, so I would never get in trouble for saying anything. So I got conditioned to saying whatever the fuck I want. I go on, Dan Patrick, and I'm retired, and I've also I also assume people my musical taste. You know, some of my tweets late at night, Uh, some of the subject matter I like to cover. I assume people know that, you know, I like the medicine. And Dan Patrick asked me something about marijuana, and I'm like, it's not a big deal, Like you know, I have my fair share. Like on to the next point. It's it's are people that naive?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I think it's at the point right now in the world in not the world the United States where it's such a it's such a new thing. My wife's from British Columbia, and British Columbia smoking marijuana is like having a beer. It's like, hey, hey, we're.
Speaker 1: Having a hoot.
Speaker 4: Change a couple of channels. Not trying to rewire the whole system, but it's kind of like the thing that's like their deal up there. So my wife comes down and you know, you know, it's everywhere people are saying smoking, and everyone's like, oh secretive. My wife's like, I don't understand why everyone's so weird out, Like that's just that's a thing, and it's crazy the bubble we live in America, Like what is so taboo and what's not?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny. There's some people that really there's a whole host of people for reasons that we won't get into on this pod, that anything I say or do they don't like. And their response was very quickly like yeah, do we get it? You smoke? Like dude with you know, bonging a beer in his profile picture, I'm like, okay, dude, you know what you're doing is a little bit more extreme than what I'm doing. I'm hitting my pen and drifting off to sleep or watching a funny movie. You're going out and getting beat up at a bar, or you know, ruining your marriage because you're blackout drunk. Like I like to drink. I still drink. I haven't drank a lot in Quarantine. I still like getting fucked up hanging out with my buddies and excuse to drink beer. I love it, but I bring my pen with me, you know, Like it's just what I do is not a problem. It's not harming anybody else, And what a lot of guys in the league do is not a problem. It's not harming anybody else. And I think it's good that in the new CBA they move things a little bit towards like an imaginary you know rule. It's it's kind of imaginary rule.
Speaker 4: Well, it was already kind of like that, right, Like it's it's kind of They call it the stupid test.
Speaker 3: In the NFL.
Speaker 4: You fail, Yes, it's because you're an idiot, because literally the time you can get tested is before twenty As if that wasn't a coincidence, right, yeah, twentieth to the end of OTA is in the first two weeks of camp.
Speaker 3: But the only time you can get tested you just sounded like Crystaliah.
Speaker 4: Well, don't say that. Oh wow, we're trying to We're stealing his stuff. We steal it all the time. Yes, dude, it's bad.
Speaker 1: We can get sued so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can get sued, so bas.
Speaker 3: Dude, So stupid, dude. Just Instagram page is awesome. I don't know if I'm allowed to say that here, but I guess my thing is you know, the more you normalize it, it's not a big deal. I don't I don't profess for it to be a big deal. You know, I would say to a fan who's looking at me crazy, like you're making it a big deal. Literally, it is not a big deal. And you know, all these things that you know, you would think you were praising me for charitable contributions, Walter pay Man of the ear, all that ship whatever. You think, I'm some angel, and I am an angel. I am an angel that smokes the devil's lettuce. And it makes no difference. Like you can do all these great things in life, and you can do had things in life too. It's not your character. And the thing that annoyed me, my biggest pet peeve by of that whole thing was not people that called me some degenerate. It was people that thought they were like they were like my boys all of a sudden because they know exactly who I am, because I smoke wheed or like everything I'm doing now, they're like, oh, well you're high, let's meet and smoke a jay. I'm like, dude, Like my entire life doesn't revolve around that. It's something that I do. It's a part of my life, but it's not much more of a part where it's a bigger part than briers for no ice cream. But I was gonna say, like, it's not a bigger part than ice cream, Like you're not judging me because I eat ice cream. That's not character altering. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: I think in like a decade, we're going to look back at this time and we're like, oh, we were so stupid just caring about the morons.
Speaker 3: It was like the people in prohibition. The people in prohibition were way smarter. Alcohol rex lives. And I'm not saying that we should stop drinking, because I am completely I got cognitive dissonance or whatever smart people call it where I'm not sure what to think about booze. I mean, like I would never wanted to go away, and I know it's extremely harmful and his ruined. You know, my life could be twenty percent more productive and better. But I like being drunk sometimes. But but marijuana, there's just not that there's there's not that element.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I feel like you're not like for people to think that you weren't smoking we and just look at the background of your room, like Jesus Christ, my friend. Like, it's a dreamas damn thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: This is a new room, this is the way the devil. Devil's lettuce is really taking a hold.
Speaker 4: You probably gotta grow right right behind your camera right now. You're probably staring at it.
Speaker 2: You can't say that, Hey, when was your first time? When was the first time you've laid out you? When was the first time you smoked?
Speaker 3: Honestly, like, I'm not one of those people that started in like high school, was in college, it was it was boys the Idaho. It was boys the Idaho.
Speaker 1: He's smiling. It must be a story.
Speaker 3: There wasn't much of a story. We went out and got some forty ouncers and uh and we uh we watched Bring It On, and Uh, I got stuck. I'm like stuck on the couch, you know, Gabrielle Union whoever else is in that movie, and I'm just like, what the fuck is this movie? And why can't I move?
Speaker 2: And you know, that.
Speaker 3: Was the first time, And honestly, for me, it was you know, I went through phases in my career because there were some people that told me, like, you know, it's bad for your your your testosterone or it's bad for like your whatever, and I would try to experiment with like stopping and whatever. But there was a period of my career where I was popping sleeping pills and you know how easy you can get pills in the NFL. I was popping sleeping pills in a bad way, I mean, lunessa just eating them and uh really, and that was altering kind of my mood and my personality. There's some bad rebound shit on stuff like that. And also the anxiety was, like, I can't sleep without a pill. That's terrible, and a lot of people go down the road and it sucks. And you know, probably the best day of my life from a health standpoint was getting rid of those those lunesas and those sleeping pills and not having to use that stuff anymore and finding a good strain because like back in the day, you just smoked whatever you could get, you know, g Miller, whatever it was. And then like at a point in my career, things got more specialized because you know, dispensaries opened and people had specific strains, and people all of a sudden were snobby about it, or maybe it was like that in the eighties and nineties and I didn't know it, but I grew up to where I could get like, okay, this is an Indica. This is gonna put me down like an elephant train gun And that changed my life.
Speaker 1: Yo, that's funny.
Speaker 4: When did being just walked up on me? That's my daughter.
Speaker 2: She's two.
Speaker 1: She's turning through.
Speaker 4: She's like talking, but she's also like doing like like she just still does like Gabby, like the Gabby thing. Oh yeah, yeah, I like that, like one of those minions and I'm like, hey, can you go see your mom please. Daddy's trying to talk to a man about marijuana right now. Can you please marijuana?
Speaker 2: Marijuana right now?
Speaker 3: Your eyes you're gonna get addicted to marijuana through the screen.
Speaker 4: Oh man, virtual eyes. When please go in here and watch.
Speaker 3: Paw patrol, well patrol by the way you hear the coming out with a new character this summer, are they really got to pay more attention When you got that background and a nolis on player.
Speaker 4: That's big time, baby, that's a big time I got. I gotta get on that because I'm looking for you know, July fifth is their birthday. I gotta look for birthday gifts and Mom doesn't even know about that. So I'm gonna I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: On there, get the new Paw Patrol character. It's gonna be the hottest thing out. It's gonna be like the Ferbies were.
Speaker 4: Hey, Ferbies were a big deal.
Speaker 3: Hebies took the world by storm. Ferbies were the two thousands version of the Cabbage Batch Kids.
Speaker 1: No question.
Speaker 3: They were elite and they had like a ten year run. I feel likebies. Ferbies didn't have a TV show, though. I would say that Pokemon like that era.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about, catch them.
Speaker 4: Pikachu like for me, I was I was out there wheeling a deal in them card huge, Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Kid huge.
Speaker 3: Or something, and I just missed the boat.
Speaker 4: Well, were you to be fair, You're a lot older than us, you know.
Speaker 3: I forget that sometimes.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Start to get five years?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are you twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like to talk about my age on on camera.
Speaker 3: But YEAHI twenties and that's like the worst time of your life. The twenties thirties is so much better, dude. I swear I'm a.
Speaker 4: Firm believer that once you hit thirty it's you're literally you might as well just be.
Speaker 3: A ghost like you. I used to be the most fatalistic, Like I approach life like you know, every day I think about dying of old age, Like I'm like, my time's running out. I got to do more shit, I'm running out of time, like I need to I need to attack this, like and then I sleep in and take a nap. But I had that general attitude. Yeah, it's because it's because, uh, you know, life short. And when I was in my twenties, I thought the same way as you. But I turned turned thirty, and my life got more peaceful. You kind of calm down. I used to be just like a wild dog. And it's not the worst thing to be a little bit domesticated, and and and and and and enjoy your life and slow things down and realize you don't have to be out one hundred was an hour you know in your life all the time. Having kids slowed me down, like you know, having my two kids and you know, being a dad. Now you realize all of a sudden, you're like, Okay, this is what was missing my entire twenties. I was like overcompensating for something, like I'm chasing something in my life, like an achievement or whether it was football or whatever. Your job is, like keeping your kids happy is all the fucking matters now, and having a great podcast.
Speaker 4: That is well, that is a very important point at the end there. I think for me, I agree with you a lot. I think when I was early twenties, like I was in college, like the only thing that mattered was getting that duble on Saturday and how much booze can I drink between Saturday night and Friday? You know what I'm saying. I cut it off Thursday because I was I was, I was a pro. Then the off Yeah, no question where I came with the drinking, like you just gotta get like literally like that was how I was wired. I was like, I gotta I'm chasing girls, I'm drinking beer whatever, and then you think that's it, Like I just want to do this and have fun and lift weights and I was playing meathead And the older I get, like, my biggest anxiety now is realizing that there's so much to do in this world. There's so much that you there's so many lives you can live, there's so many things you can experience, and I almost have anxiety of what if I'm not doing enough? Yeah, I do a podcast, I do I do business stuff. I obviously football is my my number one, my main thing as far as like from a business standpoint. I have a family, I have a daughter, I have a kid on the way. But it's like a lot of times that land bed at night. The things that do keep me up is like, what aren't I doing that I could be experiencing.
Speaker 3: They could be more for fake Yeah, how slow? And you're reading like everybody's regrets. You if you google dying regrets, there's like five and you're like, fuck, I'm gonna regret that one. Yeah, I'm walking right into the trap. But like I'm gonna tell you a quick one that illustrates this, I think is, you know, right before we had kids, and I used to be definitely afraid of having kids, responsibility, you know, the codependence, Like all of a sudden, I'm not independent. I'm so independent. And my wife knows this. We've been here since college. Meg, She's awesome. She was very patient with me coming to grips with being an adult and like being ready to have a kid. But we also wanted to wait a while because I didn't want, Like, you know, my dad was a football player. It kind of sucks when your dad's like stressed all the time and at work, and like I didn't want to have to you know, my dad told me, he's like, you want to enjoy your kids. So, you know, right before we had kids, I said to Meg, I said, all right, well, if we're going to do this, you got to promise me two things. You're gonna let me climb Everest and I got to do the entire app trail. You can like bring the kids at night, like to see me and like follow me on the trail. How unrealistic was this? And I guess I just knew I was a total moron and was like, yep, you got it. Like that's fine. She must add foresight because the minute you know, Whalen showed up four years ago, my risk aversion, my risk aversion, sorry, became much different. And like I don't think about things like that anymore. Like I start thinking about shit that when I used to do things that were risky, Like you know, if I'm on a river and I'm drunk and I'm doing something sketchy, or like if I have some sketchy goal I used to want to. I used to want to paraglide off Kilman. John Are like, I don't think I'm gonna do that anymore, because now the thought is like, I'm not just ruining my life, I'm ruining my kids' lives. And that's thirties for you. I mean, like it just naturally happens. You don't even have to worry about it. Stop worrying.
Speaker 1: Man, you excited to be thirty. Not Taylor.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're great.
Speaker 1: Club dude. I'm glad. It's nice to have this.
Speaker 2: He explains it well, because anytime Taylor Tailor like traps man, I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna Dieceton.
Speaker 3: I just come here, not gonna die one day, they're gonna put you in a box and possibly slide you into a fireball or just bury you on the ground. But like that's not for another Well, you're play in the NFL's average ages in the sixties. You're about halfway there.
Speaker 1: See, it's good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad just to go with that, go with my point of being thirty. The minute you hit thirty or every day closer to death, like you're like more than halfway. Like when you hit twenty five.
Speaker 3: Every day you're closer to thirty. You know what I'm saying, Like anytime, anytime we're talking a lot about curves right now, okay, anytime the curve is flattened, and age flattens the curve on your potential, and like your life is like this on the back end of whatever your apex is. For football players, it might be twenty three. You know, fifty years is all downhill. You are literally dying every day, So get get get moving, but also realize that life is just gonna settle you the fuck down in your thirties. You don't have a choice. You're gonna be sitting on the couch. Like I wish I was more driven, like I was in my twenties. You're just not. You get tired of shit. That's like part of why I retired. I got tired of stupid shit and my threshold for stuff that I wasn't enjoying. Sometimes it's just like I'm not doing it anymore. I'm smart, I'm old.
Speaker 4: The thing about like being in your thirties and stuff that you talk about like I used to want to do this and that, and now I don't. I am that way right now, there's a lot of things that yes, Sky Devian Gale will do that. I watch guys on the I watched Travis Pastraana and the Boys and squirrel suits jumping on a place.
Speaker 3: I never want to do that.
Speaker 4: No, That's why I would absolutely in my head, I'm like I would do that. And I remember saying that to my wife when I first met. I was like, I want to do this.
Speaker 3: Right, You're gonna hit that pole so hard?
Speaker 2: Dung yeah.
Speaker 4: Done. Though the thing is it's like like boom, yeah, out of there. You know what I'm saying, And it's like, this's not like that was my mindset is like, well, it kind of still is. Unfortunately, like I always think like what I need to do everything, I need to see everything and all that, and maybe maybe when I hit my thirties it'll change. But you know what, being a parent definitely does put things more into perspective for you, which has really done that for me. But like, at the same time, I do have that, you know, their devil mentality or whatever it is that you kind of want to do and experience new things, like.
Speaker 3: Why playing it's that you're still in your physical prime, You're still playing good ball, Like you're twenty eight, you're not old. A lineman played like fifty and and also like you don't really come to grips with aging until your body starts changing from a football perspective, because that's how you've defined your mortality for your entire life and your career now. So like the minute you start noticing that things are a little bit different, you're going to start thinking about like, oh, I'll never feel as athletic as I did last year. I'll never be as good physically as I was last year. You know, the first day camp when they tell you this is the best you're gonna feel all year, walking like, what's up, Brookie? How you feeling there? You're like I feel great. You're like never again, and you're like that's like, that's when you have that realization. It's not training camp, it's the rest of your life. So you know, you get wiser, you just life kicks your ass, man, you can't beat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is gonna be a thing when I when I wake up one day and I feel like, oh I'm not I'm actually either leveling off or going down.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Flattens due the curve flattens.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: But like the thing is, there's so many new things that come out every single every single year, like N A D, like O Zone, like vitamin bags, like.
Speaker 3: Sex, robots, you know, all that stuff we don't need even don't need us anymore.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all gonna work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I don't know. I was listening to Joe Rogan's podcast the other day and he was talking about Elon Musk and he was literally saying, like five to ten years away from not even having to communicate via like using your mouth like you and I do like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's scary. I mean you think about it, and I'm very I was talking about this on the pod last night because I was talking about the Terminator fight with the T one thousand were knocks me in the Lava. I I I watched that movie far too early in my life, like my parents didn't have parenal controls on the TV. I was saying, I think, like I was all an A movies at like four, and I think that's why I'm so afraid of robots. And you can call me what you want, you can call me like not progressive on robotics or automation, like, but they're gonna crush people's jobs, and eventually they're gonna get smart enough where they realize that we're just in the way like they're not. There's no passion or emotion with robots. They're just gonna one day wake up in the robot beds and they're gonna say, fuck these people, we don't need them anymore, and we're all gonna die.
Speaker 4: If I think very dead, will be dead for sure before robots are waking up and going to sleep in beds.
Speaker 3: Will be But in the next fifteen twenty years. You know the anxiety you feel when you realize you've been on your phone for six hours in a day. Yes, you're gonna effectively become a phone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully they enjoy podcasts and we'll still we'll have value.
Speaker 1: They won't kill us, you know what I'm saying right now?
Speaker 2: Yo, Hey, I enjoy busting with the boys in green Light.
Speaker 1: Let's not fucking kill those humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, let's not kill them. We like podcasts. But also, like, imagine if they put that chip in you, like, you're not ever gonna have to pick the phone up. You're gonna be on the phone all day when you don't have to learn anything anymore, and go through that process and you can flip a switch and gain knowledge. That's gonna be fucking crazy. It'll be scary.
Speaker 4: Are we pass the point of AI? Like from an artificial intelligence standpoint, do you think we're already too advanced that there's no going back from here? Or there's still a point in your mind for your terminator safety?
Speaker 3: Do you think, oh, we could stop here and be okay. I think that the problem with people is they don't know where the point of diminishing return is. Like listen, there's certain jobs that would be improved and should be eradicated because of robotics, like some dangerous job like a coal miner in a country where the safety standards aren't great or it's really sketchy or something like that, Like some dangerous ass job that people really don't want to do. But the problem is, like it's like, right now, there's this company up in Syracuse that came out with this this drone that's going to help out this fall and clean stadiums and they're gonna spray hand sanitizer just for this fall. Though it's not just for this fall, we're gonna come in. We're gonna clean some stadiums. By the way, it doesn't matter if the stadium doesn't have COVID in it. It's the people I'm worried about, not the seat, you know. Like so it doesn't matter. But like, after this passes, what's gonna happen. They're gonna say, Oh, we can clean every stadium with drones. How many janitors are losing their jobs? How many people that clean stadiums are losing jobs. That's just a little example. But that stuff goes and goes and goes, and really example, people who are bottom line interested are only interested in that, and they don't know where the point of diminishing return is. And I think eventually it gets out of control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeff Bezos is sucking us right now. It's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: He's all those motherfuckers. Dude. I can't say Jeff Bezos because I feel like he.
Speaker 4: Because he's listening right now, my order, one of our many he's listening.
Speaker 3: Fight for freedom, but not at that cost, dude, I tell you what, man that that man.
Speaker 4: Remember when Amazon came out though it was like I'm pretty sure it was like a tablet and a fire tablet. It was it like Amazon Fire.
Speaker 2: You just got books, right, it was just books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just books.
Speaker 4: And now it's like they're testing drones to do faster drop off. I gotta I got fucking Amazon boxes outside my door every single day. I don't even know if we ordered them. But I tell you what, when I opened that damn box, I knew I needed it.
Speaker 3: You wait a day to open the box because.
Speaker 4: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I should. He wipes him down. He's got a little disinfect on wipes. He's gonna wipe.
Speaker 3: I'm a germaphoone bro.
Speaker 2: So have you? So?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 4: Are you fully you fully believe in COVID? Do are you like the numbers are real?
Speaker 2: Editing is real?
Speaker 3: Do I understand the economy piece of it. I'm not gonna thumb my nose that people who are worried about getting back to work, But it's just how you're expressing that, like you're going to work out outside of a of a gym because you're being you think you're being oppressed and waved like American flags and shit. Like I just think it's a little bit overboard, and that's not a liberty. You can get swollen a six by eight, Like, why are you down there in Florida? It's very Florida, you know, doing CrossFit outside of a gym, proving that you don't need a gym to exercise, Like, it's just what are we doing? Like this is unprecedented? Listen, has it been exaggerated at times? Sure, but it's also a fucking pandemic. That's a novel virus, and we don't have immunity to it. So like, what's the worst thing about waiting it out a little bit? I know that we're all very lucky, the three guys on this call. We can work from home, we have means. I'm not minimizing that, but I'm certainly a believer in COVID. Like we've lost tens and ten thousands of lives in the United States, and it's extremely sad, and it's hard because there is this like mental struggle of like I know that if I'm younger, I'm probably not going to die for it, especially like people were under twenty three colleges coming back in the fall. Some people are like, it's so stupid that they're talking about not open colleges, but there's a flip side to that. I live in Charlottesville. There's not a ton of cases here. But if fifteen thousand students from all over the Eastern and Seaboard come back in the fall, it's going to be like a match stick. And that second surge is what I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: Now, we need to shout out the boys at Raycon. Whether you're working from home or working on your fitness, you want what you're listening to to be what you're listening to now, what everybody else.
Speaker 3: Wants you to listen to.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: As an Nfler weird Flex, I know, we get a shitload of your buds wireless at all the fun stuff, dude, all the bells and whistles, because everyone needs a great pair of wireless earbuds. But before you go dropping hundreds of dollars on a pair, you need to check out the boys at Raycon. You already know Raycon your buds start about half the price of any other premium wireless earbuds on the market. Go check it, go fact check it, do what you gotta do. It's guaranteed and they sound just as amazing as all these other top audio brands. You know. Their newest model, the Everyday E twenty five earbuds are the best ones yet, with six hours of playtime, seamless Bluetooth pairing, more base, and more compact design that gives you a nice noise isolating fit. Raycon's earbuds are so comfortable they're perfect for your conference calls or binging podcasts like Busting with the Boys Ate subscribe five stars. Personally what I like to do I like to work out in them. Unlike some of your other wireless options, Raycon earbuds are both stylish and discreete with no dangling wires or stems to distract anyone during video calls. You've heard me talk about how the company was co founded by Ray J and celebrities like Snoop Dog, Cardi B, Brandy Jr.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 2: They're all obsessed with the Raycons. Pick up a pair and see what the hype is all about again, go fact check this thing their website. Now's the time to get the latest and greatest from Raycon. Get fifteen percent off your order at buy raycon dot com slash busting. That's buy Raycon dot com slash busting for fifteen percent off Raycon Wireless earbuds, buy raycon dot Com slash Busting. You're welcome back to the episode. All right, let's shift gears cause I think we've it's probably been like seventy minutes. Yeah, I want you to talk about chalk I want you to talk about chalk media. I want to know why it started. You probably saw my notes. I cuss myself out, like, don't sett up for a boring answer, like I want to fucking know. You're sitting there, You're a flatline. You're now like you were saying it earlier, you're feeling your body, so you're having a conversation with yourself. Like, Okay, I'm gonna start transitioning. Here's what it's going to look like for me.
Speaker 3: Well, what do we do a lot of the time in the NFL? We bullshit? I mean that's what we do for a living. Like we play football. We hit people, but we bullshit with each other. And people in the locker room had the most interesting unfiltered convers You talk about Twitter and people getting offended. Nobody gets event in the NFL locker room, Like there's some hard conversations at because you trust people. That's another thing about the conversation we were just having you know, I guarantee you if you know somebody personally who has a different opinion, that conversation is going to go differently than with a stranger. And that's the beauty of an NFL locker room. That's why, like we're all ready to just bullshit for hours. So my last couple of years, I'm sitting there and I'm just saying, you know, what do I want to do when I get out? Because I was terrified of retirement. I was terrified, like I was terrified of sitting still and like you, like you Taylor, talking about you know, it looks like death to me, retirement look like imminent death. And the way they make it sound, you're gonna lose your mind. In five years, you're gonna hate yourself because they never tell the good stories. So I'm scrambling my brain trying to figure out, well, it's already scrambled. Let some people tell it. But I'm I'm scrambling my brain trying to think about what I might do. And I'm thinking I would love to take these conversations, you know, and make it my job. It's almost unfair to have this job. It's fun, it's hard, work. That's what I'm really but it's something I look forward to doing, talking to interesting people and uh and ranking shit, you know, talking about whatever I want to talk about. And that's a nice thing about going alone. You were asking me about that, will like my pod, My pod is green Light Pod. We got some listeners whatever, Like I don't keep track of that shit for the most part, honestly, the numbers whatever, because I don't think sometimes popularity is necessarily a good thing depends on who's listening, you know, like if a bunch of people you don't want to listener listening, like it's not a big deal. And also we talked about the rat race thing. Well, once you get into media, everybody's starved for attention. Everybody wants Yeah, everybody's racing to the same lead or trying to get ahead. And I just approached this thing like, hey, I do three pods a week. It keeps me busy. I love it. It's something to answer to and I'm interested by people and topics and it's fun, man, I love it.
Speaker 1: Dude, up to until two am. You were up until two am last night?
Speaker 3: Like that, I was up. I had a buddy on that got a little tipsy, and I didn't want to use all of it without his permission, and it was you know, it's one of those things where you're gonna ask your friend and be like, hey, you go with all that, but like at eleven, you think he's more sober than he was at nine. So I waited till the morning and I just I readid the pod. But uh but yeah, I mean I was up till two am. I'm definitely a night out with it. I don't know if you guys usually record around now, but I'm kind of a night out with it.
Speaker 4: Do you do you wish you did more when you were playing like from like from a from a media standpoint like this, like doing a podcast, because for me, that was my biggest fear going to it. Will Will was the one that Sammy that was like, I want to do this, Will knowing he's like towards the end of his career. His word's not mine, not trying to throw shit at the boy us, and he wanted to put this thing.
Speaker 3: The boy said, he said, I'm I'm running out of time, help me launch here.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, well jump on my back, let's get this thing out of there.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't don't. Don't get it, Gray, dude. It was Oh, you're gonna do this thing?
Speaker 1: I want to do it with you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, well it was yeah, but there was a lot of being nervous, like putting yourself out there every single weson you don't have a good, good game and the podcast comes out people like, well, what the fuck are you doing doing a podcast when you should be watching film. And that's a lot of the reason why we like we do a lot before the season. I don't do podcasts during the season. But it was there ever a time for you that you were like, you know, like, now, looking back, maybe I should have done something more like this while I was playing well.
Speaker 3: Honestly, because I'm like you with my concerns for the minute you don't make a play. And the hardest thing about being a defensive end is the one thing they measure you on the sex like, and a lot of that is dependent on things around you. So they can't necessarily control my career year. You know, it depends on the back end, It depends on the time you have the guys rushing next to you. It's a team sports, so like you could work your ass off and have a goose sag on a Sunday and rush really well. And I don't want to be on that Sunday, you know, having coming in after a loss where you got a goose sag and you're in and there on Monday and you got to talk about stuff and look like you're having fun and taking down. Everybody has enough time to do one podcast a week in the NFL, like we will work our asses off, but like there's time in there, so doing it is not like some big distraction. It's just can you handle the bullshit? And I didn't want to deal with that bullshit of people, you know, connecting stupid dots, which I'm sure you've dealt with a little bit and it's probably not easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean go through this year was definitely tough.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 4: The issue I had as I got suspended, right, so I get suspended and then I was doing podcasts during my suspension because it's like, well, you know what else I'm gonna do because I'm working out, Like you can only work out so much in a day, you can only do so much a day. So it's like people who are sitting and doing their nine to five job, like it's not like I'm sitting there at six thirty tweeting at them, going, Hey, why aren't you working on the TPS report? Asshole?
Speaker 3: You shouldn't do it a little bit more Milton. Hey, Like, here's the deal. The funniest thing is, and this is down down the line of what we're talking about. You go out to a game on a Saturday night and you go on a road trip. I guess you's sitting at in the room like choir boys and waiting for bed check. The players who's out there eating dinner with their wives taking a bus to like some nice steakhouse. All the coaches. The coaches are the ones who actually have to be studying the hey is in the barn for players by Saturday night. And so like it's that double standard of I got to sit in my house like you know, like a church mouse. And you know that standard is not there for coaches, not there for other executives. It's not there for other professions because people think they kind of own players. And if I see you doing something with your time that I don't like, especially if you're talking, if you're speaking your mind, like yeah, nahu, and I I just knew, like the way my filter is it wouldn't have gone well. And I got annoyed towards the end of my career, quite honestly, because I was speaking on things that I was passionate about that my quotes would blow up and get taken out of context or would just blow up as if I'm self important. Like everybody has a Twitter. If I tweet something about criminal justice reform and somebody finds it noteworthy and they tweet it, then all of a sudden, I'm looking for attention. Well, imagine if I had a fucking podcast, because my podcast wouldn't be vanilla and it would make waves because I don't give a fuck. I say what I want, right, that's that dash?
Speaker 4: Is that tea spoon, my baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that little tea spoon. You got a whole cup?
Speaker 4: You got a half cup in that thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I get it, dude.
Speaker 1: It's it's tough.
Speaker 2: The thing that is, I might have lost Taylor with that answer, But you know, go ahead and say, hey, Will, let's have a conversation. You know, let's I want to redo this season.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: The Okay.
Speaker 4: The thing that's so difficult for people to understand about being an NFL football player is not even just an a football player any sport in general.
Speaker 2: It's the ship is hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard physically, but the mentally that is what makes because everybody has got so much talent, Like some guys have more talent than others, but everybody's got a lot of throws.
Speaker 3: You're right, that's we had this whole time we did my did my wing span or my athleticism.
Speaker 1: It was your fucking your genetics. Man, They're different, bro.
Speaker 4: But anyway, long family, dude, the long family.
Speaker 3: You just basically, you know, it's just it's just easy. I mean, you're a white guy with short arms in the NFL. How easy could it be?
Speaker 4: That button press that button press?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Patrick Willis didn't have any genetics, I know, right well, he didn't have any genetics. He had to you know, he just he were just worked way harder.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. But anyway, the mental part of everything is something that people overlook all the time. How difficult it is to go every single week and keep a consistent trend of playing consistent and doing well and trying to get stats from a defensive linement. That ship would be so hard to get a couple of games without a sack and then be like, funk, how do I get myself out this rut?
Speaker 3: It's like a baseball player slum Bro was thinking the same thing. I used to change like things around, you know, mentally, like like o CD person territory just to like try to get sacks that had nothing to do with football. I was rethinking, like what side of the bed I slept on? I was like, you know, not Joe bu level ship and maybe, but it is. It's hard. And if I was in one of those slumps and I had to do a podcast, it would just be bad news, man. And I'm anxious anyways, like I'm just high strung. That would have added a lot of of a bullshit to my life.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with that.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 3: So what I enjoyed the podcast this year. I can hear it that you guys lose one game in fucking October, your podcast is all of a sudden gonna become a distraction? Does Taylor luwan?
Speaker 1: It's already happened.
Speaker 2: It's already happened when I when I was when I was not, when I was not on a team, and the Times would lose, I would honestly get anxiety. Even though I wasn't even on a team. I'd beg, Fuck, it's a tough week. It's gonna be a tough week. Yeah, I see the boy, he gets a holding penalty. I'm yelling at the fucking TV. God damn it, my podcast tailor. The podcast.
Speaker 3: Is accountable. The boy is accountable, and it is. By the way, this is the funniest thing in the world. I used to fucking hate y'all the Titans, and it wasn't like for any the Titans. I just could not stand the Titans. I think it was because Chris Johnson torched us like early in my career, and it just, you know, folsome prison, which I love. They just played it fifty seven hundred times at the which is awesome, and it's one of those places It's kind of like to me West Virginia football, I wish I had experienced as a player somehow. I wish I lived two loves. It just seemed like they had some cool going on there, and I grew to really love what y'all have going on in Nashville. And last year I think the key was a guy that I used to could not stand, Ryan Tannehill, so the guy couldn't stand comes to Nashville injects all this fucking energy into it. A team that I hate and a guy that I hate, they joined together to make me love a team. I was betting the house on you fuckers at the end of the year, Nashville hater to Titans fanboy, bro, I was riding with you all the way.
Speaker 4: I love it, dude. Everyone loves that kind of story, right. No one wants to see the Patriots win or like the teams that always win. You got a teammate the Titans coming in and everybody sleeps from the Titans. That's the craziest thing. I mean, for understanding when I first got there.
Speaker 1: It's the craziest thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's you know, no and then I'm like kind of like like, well, it's not that crazy, guys.
Speaker 1: You guys are nine and seven.
Speaker 3: Wait to hear Patriots fans saying they're being slept on this year, you're gonna be like, that's the crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they've got a point though, like if they're getting something, because it's like people will people thinking that Tom Brady is leaving. Half of people are going to think, oh, they're done dynasty's over. And the other half are the you know, the Boston hardoes that are like, doesn't matter. We got Belichick.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be fair. I'm not gonna lead you down a road.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll go and I will I will take this drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not green light.
Speaker 1: This is not green light.
Speaker 3: I think it's fair. And any other team has to deal with that lowering of expectations when a Hall Fame quarterback matriculates to another team or retirement, like that's the way things are. And when you have an unproven fourth round pick and an offense that didn't have a lot of weapons, you had a defense towards the end of the year got exposed a little bit. Listen, great defense, but not the defense that were making it seem like you know to me, and you know, as far as stopping the run. That's why I knew when you guys played him, I was like, oh yeah, oh yeah, bang it, bang it, let me, let me get on my little website, bang it, let's go, let's go, you know, throw catfish on him, Tay, let's go, baby, getting them over, baby, like these are my boys. Man, A big Titans fan, but like, yeah, I mean it was Rabel your boy, he's a legend. Uh you know, Tannahill, what what makes me?
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with you and Vrabel, but what makes verbel a legend? From an outside looking in?
Speaker 3: Well, one, I respect him because he's a player, and most players don't get burned coaching. So he's very lucky to come from the Belichick tree. I'm not saying he's lucky, but I'm saying, like a lot of coaches don't get that front of line treatment. He just nerve to get it. He's proven he deserved to get it. And that's what I love about it. It's like everybody was waiting for him to fail because he came from the Bill Tree. He just got the job because he's those guys. He's a player, you know, he's too young, whatever, and he really relates to players. You can tell he seems like a guy's guy from everything I hear about guys that played with him in New England. He just has the right amount of shit to him. And he's a wde essentially. I mean like he's he's he's a he's a great white pass rusher from back in the day. Like there's very few of us left and so I got a soft spot for Raves. No, I love it.
Speaker 4: No, Rabes definitely he's a guys guy man, He definitely he's a he's about the boys. He comes on the podcast. Like when I did this podcast, I was thinking when he came in the podcast, I was like, Okay, well I get Rabes is definitely a boy. Because I was worried the first when we did this thing because John came from the Patriots tree of Rabels said they both essentially like they they were there at one point, and I'm thinking to myself, my ass is getting traded before we gaate, before that did left.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I mean, listen to this fucking podcast. I would be worried. But the thing I like about it again is he breaks that mold. And the same thing with B Flow. There's nothing wrong with the Patriot way, there's nothing wrong with it, but all these coaches try to be Bill to a degree, like they can't escape it somehow. Braves or b Flow, these guys are like, I'm gonna be a little different. I'm gonna bring some of the New England to wherever I'm going to coach. And that's a that's a great thing because they know how to win up there, but I can be personality wise a little different, and I think that's what's cool about it. Plus you added to fucking I like your tight end. Johnny Smith, he's a stud. He could block. I was old when we played you guys a year or two ago, but I was like, man, I really he's a good blocker.
Speaker 4: Insurance policy year. Huh, that's an insurance policy. I was a little older when I played you guys. So John Smith, great, Josh John Ill.
Speaker 3: By the way, terrible comeback that ruined my whole week at least. Uh. You guys came back from like twenty down to beat us.
Speaker 4: But I tell you what, Actually, I wanted to bring this up because I told you we were in the middle of a drive. It was the drive we won, actually, and I go past you and I go, I don't know if you remember this, but I patched you on the ass. Chris, we win this game.
Speaker 2: All donate ten.
Speaker 4: Thousand dollars the water. Tell me I did say that I haven't wrote a check yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a check yet, Abe Lincoln here, I appreciate that check.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll send it.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, I'll send it. I had a wait, I got to make sure we had a season first, because that he's got some debt.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna make sure worry about it. You gottle bit Honestly, guys.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I don't want to too my own horn, but I dropped to pick that game that made you guys settle for a field goal, and then we won the next drive.
Speaker 1: The boy was in the game made.
Speaker 3: He was wonterfly effect. My problem was I really liked Conklin. You could get him off his feet and like he'd move like eight feet, but he would just anchor enough at the last second. Also, we were in all these like fucked up rush situations. You guys do a really good job of like complimentary football and just staying like at it and being and being like methodical, and that really throws rushers off, you know, because you're off balanced and you're just saying it's not like from a Stansa. You can get knocked off the ball in the run game, but when the past shows and you're rushing an athletic quarterback you had Marcus and now you got Tannehill, it's it's it's a challenge. You guys got a nice little offense there, and I love that receiver Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a stun he's a dog.
Speaker 4: He's got that asshole in him too, Like he's got that attitude where it's like, give me the fucking ball, you know what I'm saying. And so it's like, you know, some guys might might not like that. You need guys like that, dude. You need guys that are like a little cocky, a little arrogant. And I mean that in a good way. I hope he hears this, and I hope he knows I mean.
Speaker 3: This idline breaking news.
Speaker 4: Taylor One all players arrogant and cocky. Also, Chris Long hates Ryan Tannehill.
Speaker 2: It's a picture of Yeah, it's a picture of aj with those was it those Sunglssvana? Yeah, the Golgi and Cavana. I didn't want to butcher that name.
Speaker 1: I almost try.
Speaker 3: I gotta go down and eat dinner with the kids. I just realized it's six thirty seven pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been on this thing a while.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get the favorite Team, Favorite Year stories. We didn't get.
Speaker 3: Favorite Year twenty twelve Saint Louis Rams. This is when you guys were babies. The NFL. You know they say it was different, It was even different eight years ago. I mean like it was fun. Our NFC West was San Francisco with Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Uh you know, uh Delaney Walker, I you Potty good Win, fucking Anthony Davis Staley. It was just a fucking bloodbath. And it was Seattle Marshawn Tom cable O Line. Arizona had Carson Palmer, like it was. The NFC West was murderers Row and we were that team that couldn't get over the hump. But we beat the fuck out of everybody on the division and nobody wanted to see us. But it was fun, like we had a really good locker room. Jeff Fisher is a great coach. You guys have had Fish on. He made everything fun by the way, played for him. I know we didn't get over the hump, but I think Fish gets a bad rap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fish is great. It is definitely good. All right, let the man go, Let the man go.
Speaker 1: We'll have money. He could be would be a recurrent guest.
Speaker 4: When this when this whole pandemic thing is over, you need to come on the bus.
Speaker 1: I will try getting him to Nashville quite a bit.
Speaker 3: I love Nashville. You know, as you just heard, you don't have to twist my arm. I might come.
Speaker 1: I might come.
Speaker 3: Put a Titans jersey on sitting. Hey, you know, are we competitors the drone like a sanitizer drone and the bus. I'm there but done.
Speaker 2: We got Are we competitors?
Speaker 3: We are not competitors because of what I said earlier, Like you guys probably don't compete with anybody. I don't compete with anybody, like, because competing with somebody that would mean like if I'm doing what I truly want to do as a podcast. And this is a serious answer, but like then if I'm not getting listeners, that means I have to change who I am. So I'm gonna do what I need to do to enjoy it. And if people like it, great, if they don't fuck it, like we're all there's enough podcasts in the world for everybody. I'm pretty sure everybody has a podcast now, true, man, you guys are all podcast appreciate you guys have me on you guys, are you guys will do a home at home? You gotta come on, mind, we'll rank some ship. I don't think anybody else has ranked anything over quarantine.
Speaker 4: Oh rank, we'll do it. Down to rank.
Speaker 3: Down to D two D two R S two R sender receive.
Speaker 2: Let's do it all right, brother, appreciate you man see it