Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Happy valent Times, Papa, Happyvalent Times Weekend, Buppy, Happy President's Day. So I'm still celebrating bron bring the Romance Lance for Romance. So I'm rocking this shirt right now. Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick again. Covino and Rich five to seven on the East tow to Front of West Monday through Friday, day one of the Dan Patrick Presidential hat trick. You watch us live on YouTube simulcasting chatting live joined the chat YouTube dot Com slash at Covino and Rich FSR. Covino and Rich FSR really appreciate it if he followed us, Thanks guys. Hope you had Keyshaw Johnson sort of weekend even though Jackson Hayes killed the dunk contest right from the get go, single handedly ruined it. Did he even know that the competition has started?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I hope you had a Jordan daytona five hundred sort of weekend. Michael Jordan with the big win, proven he's a winner. And like I said earlier, a Swedish women's Swedish curling team sort of weekend.
Speaker 4: Can you not just ask me a great question off the air. Wasn't that great? That's why I asked it off the air?
Speaker 2: Maybe So he looks up at curling, which they're playing on one of the TV's in here, and he goes there's people cheering like emphatically, and Kreena is like, are they faked it?
Speaker 4: They could think, are they really?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Can they? Are you that excited? Come on? I get it.
Speaker 2: We it would be weird to be like, well, well we root for football and baseball and basketball and all that, but is it Do you feel like they're faking it a little bit when you see people emphatically rooting for curling. I mean, I could be Here's what I'm imagining that you could get into anything. No, no, no, I could be at the weakest NFL or baseball game. If that camera's on me, I lose it like that little kid who starts thrusting at the camera. So maybe it's just like when the camera's on you and you're on the screen, you just lose all control.
Speaker 6: And yeah, it's like at the home run derby you two are famous as the bushwhackers.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 2: Anytime you know the camera's on you're at these big events, you just get excited, So that has to be what's happening.
Speaker 4: No one's excited.
Speaker 2: I get excited for my daughter's you know, eight year old girls flag football.
Speaker 4: But I get it.
Speaker 2: It's the Olympics. It's the best of the world. But they're they're scraping the ice. Sam probably knows the term for that. Is there a term for when they scrape the ice for curling or whatever they do?
Speaker 4: Sweeping? Sweeping, sweeping, maybe a little it's a swift swiffer. Yeah, when they're doing that, there's people in the crowd that it's like crazy. Is it really that easy though, Richard?
Speaker 6: Do you think it's one of those things that everyone thinks they can do it Once they got out there, they'd slip and fall and hit their heads.
Speaker 2: It's probably that it's just still amazing, even though we've seen it for years. Amazing to see that people enjoy this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we wouldn't be able to wouldn't be able to stop our You know what is that thing called?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the old uh yeah, the big It's it's like a buck on steroids. Yeah, it's like a Bachi ballpuck the room the room boo with the handle. So anyway, I hope you enjoyed your Olympics over the weekend. I hope you got some romance, maybe a nice dinner, maybe some chocolates, some Russells stovers, and now you get cavino and rich.
Speaker 4: My kids keeps getting better.
Speaker 2: My kids are old enough to, uh, you know, read effectively now where they could like see things that my.
Speaker 4: Wife and I write to each other. Oh boy, my wife bought me.
Speaker 2: We just got a new backyard grilling area, all put together, and I think it's nice. And I got I got a nice flat iron for for my own little because I'm gonna take a bachi lessons in a while, learn how to do an onion volcano.
Speaker 4: You got that Kevin Blackstone one. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't what do you got? The better one is a better one. Those are the ones you can roll it up. There's like a built in nice deal. So my wife, because I was like, you know what, I want to start making the sorry daddy stacks.
Speaker 4: I want to be. I want to be the guy known for like making a great smash burger, because that's all the rage now.
Speaker 2: So she bought me one of those smashburger paddles. You just rot like a cute, a cute little card about like that's for lots of smashing in twenty twenty, sey like a little sexual innuendo. My kids kept asking like, Mom, what does it mean you want to smash dad? And I'm like, no, but we're talking about burgers, kids. But yeah, you got to get one of those paddles, right you guys coming over smash burgers? And what presidential trivia? In a few minutes, we're going to get to that. We talked some NFL. Can we talk about my dude Francisco Indoor? I stick up for this guy. I love this guy. He's my favorite New York met Is he really your dude? Because he says no, he says he has no friends on the team.
Speaker 6: Really quick though, Rich, it's the top of our last hour of the Dan Patrick Show. How could you roll right over the NBA headlines?
Speaker 4: The NBA headlines? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean?
Speaker 6: In hour one we were joking that you went and saw an NBA inspired cartoon movie rather than watch All Star Weekend.
Speaker 4: Tell you I thought goat great in the theater? So good about it?
Speaker 2: I mean, it looks good, But why did you? Because I went in thinking I wasn't gonna care. It was just like, that's the key to life. Keep expectations low. If you keep them low, you won't be disappointed. Did you say the key to life was to have no expectations? Keep them low because most things stink nowadays. So then once in a while you're pleasantly surprised, like, oh, like Bad Money. For example, I'm not a bad bunny hater, and I love the cultural pride of it all. But I'm a rock fan, right, It's as simple as that. I'm a rock fan, so of course, yeah, Metallica, let's do it. I had zero expectations for Bad Money, So I went in, I watched, and guess what I left like, hey, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand what else about I liked it.
Speaker 2: Keep your expectations realistic, keep them low, don't expect so much.
Speaker 4: You went there and you enjoyed.
Speaker 2: I like cares like like, for instance, when I take my son and daughter to go see the Super Mario Galaxy movie later this year, or a Toy Story five, there's an expectation like these are big brands, these are big franchises, Like I'm gonna probably be like, all right, kids, let's get ready super Mario Galaxy, Like, no, don't overhype. When you overhype, you underproduce. What I'm saying that comes with a to me, that comes with a hype, that's gonna be a movie. Those are movies that make hundreds of millions of dollars opening weekend. In fact, they should be our new mantra, in our new matto, our new slogan. Hey is Covino and rich. Keep your expectations low and you'll love us.
Speaker 4: I be realistic.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what, why don't we do this? My daughter at a flag football game. There's no school today, So I was like, why don't we when when Emmy's done with her game, why don't we go to the mall. They have a beautiful food court, a nice little little social area, food court, Go get some dinner.
Speaker 4: Oh go see what's playing? And do we even look like what's playing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Go that that basketball movie? Steph Curry's behind it. I went in thinking like, hey, the kids are easy to please. They'll like any animated movie. I thought it was fantastic, the storyline, it was quick. I think Sony does her animation very different than Pixar. You know, Pixar is very clean and I don't know how to describe it. This is very like into the Spider Verse type of.
Speaker 4: Did you like it? Yeah? I thought the animation was great.
Speaker 2: All right, So hey, if you got the kiddo's out there, those nose picking kids home for President's Day, maybe you take them to see Goat. Because Rich Jordan didn't win the Weekend. The NBA didn't win that. I think Goat under a goat boy, says Steph Curry in the movie Goat.
Speaker 4: Won the week Boy.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought it was great. You may thought of for all I know you'd see it and I think it's stinks, but I thought.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who lost the weekend to me, your boy Lindor. Though back to that story, yeah, I don't like what he's saying here do I? And and this is an unrelated note, but did you see Mets owner Steve Cohen said, as long as I own the team, we will have no captain because do you remember last year there was speculation like, oh, they're gonna name Lindor captain, the first captain since David Wright and before that it was John Franco. Like have only had a few captains. They're not like the Yankees. Well, then again, not many teams have a captain. The Yankees are one of the few that do. Believe it or not, it's a rare thing. Not many teams have a captain. They haven't had many captains though, that I know. Jeter is Judge captain or no, yeah, Judges captain.
Speaker 1: But like the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers' right, no, no, Dodgers captain, right, Danny, No, Yankees are like that's their thing.
Speaker 4: But Lindor the fans love them. But it seems like maybe he doesn't get.
Speaker 2: Along with every He wont because maybe there's a reason Nimo and Pete Alonzo and Jeff McNeil and all of these guys are removed.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's dissension.
Speaker 2: There was a whispers, rumors, murmurs about him and Soto not vibing. And you know, you assume you you you assume that because they're both Latino guys, Hispanic guys, that maybe that's why they vibe. Then there's Puerto Rican, Soto's Dominican. You know, that doesn't mean.
Speaker 4: I'm not assuming anything. In fact, no, but I think there isn't a side sausa together and get along. That doesn't mean anything. White people think that. Yes, I do. I do think that.
Speaker 2: You think I think that because I'm a white guy, that I think because they're both Latino, they do the salsa together and love each other. I'm saying that you think that happen. I bet you we have an understanding. Oh there's a language, there's a connection there. Let's get along.
Speaker 4: You thinking that.
Speaker 2: But I will say this last year as a Mets fan, I had group chats from early on and I was in denial of this Dan, And I really was. I was in complete denial because there was body language. And I'm not saying Soto has ever been the most demonstrative, like let me show you my feelings type of guy. But he stopped doing the Sodo shuffle in the batter's box. He stopped doing the few things that did give him a little pizzazz. You know, he says, because Francisco made fun of me. That's why that's what he said. Not anybody kind to me. And I know that we have since learned that Soto was a little butter that when he signed with the Mets, Lindor didn't reach out. Apparently Aaron Judge was a great teammate, and he didn't feel like when he signed that big deal with the Mets that some of the team leaders, like a Nemo or a Lindor.
Speaker 4: Apparently no one reached out.
Speaker 2: And that sounds crazy to me because not to be an ass kisser, but like this, when this network signed Stugatt's to be the new show, I DM him like, Yo, man, congrats, welcome to the team. That doesn't make me an ass kisser. That's just I feel like that's polite.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you're kissing Jesus use dad would.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I feel like it's a nice gesture to welcome the new guy. And Soda was but hurt and my friends that are met fit my my chat with my met friends which is now called stern stans stern sits to pay.
Speaker 4: That's the name of our chat now should change.
Speaker 2: He did make some good moves, but my met chat last year was like, yo, watch when one of them hit a home run. They're doing high fives and handshakes with Alonzo some of the other guys.
Speaker 4: Every time.
Speaker 2: Lindor and Soda would be just the most casual be cause you know, like a little like low five.
Speaker 4: I would see it all the time.
Speaker 2: Everybody spectacle a little low five, and I'd be like, oh, no, they're just being professional.
Speaker 4: Turns out they just don't like each other.
Speaker 2: And can you read what Lindor said to the press yesterday, because I think this is not good. Well, they're saying that Francisco Lindor painted an honest picture of the Mets clubhouse. When asked about last season, noting that everyone is not best friends, he says, are we all best friends? That's not how it works in the clubhouse. He says, they have a good dynamic and root for each other, and that's it.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: They're not all best friends, Like that's not something you sort of say about your teammates. That up to my cheeks in a really negative way. I don't want to hear that as a fan. Just keep the illusion alive too as a fan. Like you know, when we started interviewing celebrities and athletes many years ago, when the velvet rope was pulled back a little bit too much, it sort of rubbed me the wrong way when I realized that NFL players didn't know everyone on the team. But then of course it made sense, like I get it. Just so many fifty three guys. Yeah, it's fifty three guys. There's special teams offense, defense. There's a lot of turnover, a lot of practice play, practice, players in and out. But you had this little kid fantasy that they were a team. You know what it felt like to be on a team. But they were a team.
Speaker 4: When I realized they didn't all know each other's name, I'm like, you don't know your own team, but he's on your team.
Speaker 2: But that's how I felt. You realized, Like when I hear this, I feel the same way. I feel deflated, like you're supposed to like, look, I don't like it. If anything, like you know, like you will pretend now you want people to be genuine and real.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like radio. It's like radio shows.
Speaker 2: You think they're best friends, but when the show's over, they all go the separate ways and they don't talk at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not what happens on this show. You too, actually hang out all the time.
Speaker 2: We actually sometimes reluctantly, but that's just life. But yeah, we actually all get along and you know, we communicate all the time. It's like it's too much information.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: It was me the wrong way, and to me, it's the opposite of chemistry. Well is that Dave Chappelle bit back in the day when keeping it real goes wrong? Yeah, because you could all be professionals. I get it. You know when it's the best, when it's genuine, when it's authentic.
Speaker 4: But you could say it's radio right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a lot of shows that can do a great job as professionals, and they go in there and they go to who's the guy Ross Markingham for the news and you know he does his update and good job, But you know it's better when there's real chemistry. Things are clicking, everybody's vibing, you know, people feet off that you could feel it.
Speaker 4: You can't fake that. So basically he's saying, yeah, it's it is what it is. It's just professionals.
Speaker 6: Isn't that why we all got so excited with Fernando Mendoza because every interview was about how much he loves his teammates and he would die for him.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I have only wanted to walk with people I enjoy. In fact, that's how you win. Why is I was Sam running the board this morning because we love working, because they are here.
Speaker 4: Hold on, well, first, respectfully, Sam, because you do a great job if you did it whatever, right, But we we said to the boss, we said, hey, when we fill in for Dan Patrick, that's our biggest audience because Dan Patrick's A legends. So when we're filling in for DP, with all due respect to some of the other yeah, we want B A Broncis and uh who else was part of the A team? Yeah, we want face. We don't want the B team.
Speaker 2: We want the eighth because there will be times where we'd fill in for Dan Patrick. And I'm like, with all due respect Scott our boss, I said, don't don't you want our show at its best when we're filling in for the biggest show on the network. Well, that means Danny g and I were Sam, and our team needs to be you know what that is. That's that's called chemis Street five, right. And I hate when my dude Lindor is saying like, well, we could just coexist. No, I want you to like each other man, And he's doing it like in a matter of fact way, like that's how it is.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure that is how it is in a lot of cases.
Speaker 2: But if you're a fan, you want you want to feed off that excitement, and that was your team two years ago. Like that was undeniable chemistry where the casual fan could watch me like, yo, I'm not a Mets fan, but that team's exciting. The grimace hear and the huck to a girl and all that, and you know, a great clubhouse guys. And it brings up an interesting thought. The guy that they said was the centerpiece of that excitement, Oh my god, jose I Gleasias.
Speaker 4: Not only that, you had guys like Alonzo leaders backing up all that fun.
Speaker 2: Well, JD Martinez was at the time, like not a great player anymore, but he was a leader and apparently like a really good found guy, right, And so they're saying it was j D Martinez and can Dalita himself, Oh my god, jose Glaciers that brought that team together and brought that fun vibe. They weren't maybe the best impactful guys on the field, but had a different squad.
Speaker 4: They brought it. And now.
Speaker 2: There's some speculation that you, oh my god, you've got too many big personalities clashing. That's that's the risk you take, and that's that's why you also got to tip your Dodgers hat to what they're doing in LA. They've managed to bring all these big star players and they've all managed to put their egos aside because they they really picked a likable team that seems to get along. So that's not easy to If that was easy to do, the Mets would be doing. Here's the deal. Can Dalita himself? Jose Glaciers script like a really good bench type of player. He's available now. So there's a part of me that's, like, you're telling me they must have such a little faith in him that a team with a payroll the size of the Mets, you can't throw this guy.
Speaker 4: I'm not even joking. I think he's the type of guy that you could get for like.
Speaker 2: A one year, two million, one year, one million dollar type of contract where bringman just for vine like what, but you don't find value on that. He's got to come up with a new I'm saying. But I'm saying, like you could say he has a he has a follow up single called ideals me it's uh Jose Iglesias, but his follow up meal and it prings a whole new guy team. But you know what, they are saying that a lot of the Mets that are have broke camp right now are saying there's a lot of big star players and they're all getting along. I think I don't think it has anything to do with the new faces, the Polanco's and the Marcus Enmeians of the world. Those guys are brought in because they're a good clubhouse guys. Everyone seems to be clicking. But I just think that there's two guys that aren't the best of pals. They just happened to be the two best guys on the team. And I think Lindor and Soto just aren't two guys that would hang out in real life. And maybe you make it work. You don't even have to have that. There has to be a mutual respect and understanding. Like like the Bash Brothers. I don't think that McGuire and Conseko were BFFs, but I think they liked playing together. These dudes don't feel like they like playing together. They're not bashing forearms. To think of the Mets of the eighties, what was a big part of that team. And you don't need to be a nerdy Mets fan like me to know that all those guys that were did drugs together, Panky daddy, that were partying a team bonding, right, I mean like Keith Hernandez, Darryl doc Good and all those guys were out of their mind rate night. You know who a big centerpiece of that team was that was like a goodie two shoes, the late great Gary Carter was doing like soap commercials and didn't drink or do drugs or anything. But you know what, didn't RFK Junior party with those guys. I think back from what I'm hearing, all right, So again, here's something else you need to think about. You know how you're supposed to keep everything within the clubhouse. Those are like, yeah, those are the rules, right, and you heard what happened with Harper over the weekend. Right, He's not elite, is what the GM said. You're supposed to keep these things in house. Your thoughts, your feelings. If Lindor, who's supposed to be a leader of the team, potential captain, if he's saying this type of stuff at a press conference, what's really going on? If someone gives you the opportunity to like, hey man, how's the team chemistry?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: You know it's great it's great to be back. There's ways to just beat around the bush. He's given a weird, honest answer like Okay, do you appreciate the honesty or is this trouble in the making. Yeah, we're not best friends, but we're all professionals. Like no, lie to me, Jerry, lie to me, Fan Cisco, get it right, lie to me.
Speaker 4: I believe it. Here's my theory and I'm not there.
Speaker 2: I believe him, and no others but him and Soto especially, there are two superstars that can't seem to exist on the same planet.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I think everyone else this is fine, I really do.
Speaker 2: They They went out and got all these other names that apparently are are doing just fine.
Speaker 4: But but their egos.
Speaker 2: I think Lindor and Soto, if let's just say you were schoolyard picking teams, they would not be on each other's team.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But if he, if he's willing to say that, then there must be it must be worse than we even you know what. I think Soto's saying all the right things. I don't know if he saw him.
Speaker 2: They asked him in the press conference, like hey, what, what how do you feel about your protection? In the lineup now that Pete Alonso's gone, And he was quick to be like, yo, we got bumba shitting. Now we're good. We're good, you know, Like he I think maybe Lindor just wasn't welcoming, and maybe Soto is one of those guys that has like a long memory where he's like, yeah, I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget he didn't welcome me. I don't know you would think I just star.
Speaker 2: This is the tip of the iceberg and winning solves all this stuff, right, does I hope, you know, for for your meds sake, I hope they can get it right. But clearly there's an issue, and that's why they underproduced last year. I imagine you felt that tension.
Speaker 5: You on it.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be a detective to figure that out. Ye, let me throw one more baseball. They're best friends.
Speaker 2: One more baseball note at you, and now we'll get into some NBA re kept the NBA All Sar weekend. I'll bit of talk some football and we'll get a contestant. Now, by the way, eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, I have a couple quick presidential trivia questions on President's Day some sports tie ins. If you want to win a Coveno Rich prize, why not? It's President's Day. A lot of price, isn't it. There aren't we throwing koozies in there? So if you want to in eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, will do Presidential Trivia.
Speaker 4: Next and Rich Mini Balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give you my mini balls and prize pack. But let me throw one last thing at you that I saw people fussing about. Danny and I and Cavino, You and I think agree on this. Players showing up to their new team carrying their old bag. Luke Weaver got a lot of heat for this, and fans are getting all mad about it. And it's not just my Mets, but you're seeing you're seeing it on your own team social media.
Speaker 4: You're a huge sports nerd.
Speaker 2: If something like this bothers, dream Weaver said, it's not out of loyalty or like dis on in disrespect, It's just that of habit. He had all his stuff in his old Yankee bag and he brought it to the Met's clubhouse. People are like, what is that much much? I should let go of the x bro Much like anything on social media, click on the comments, and you'll see how how many people care about things that they shouldn't care about. Because you could see some guy he's rolling up to the Twins Mini camp, Twins camp, and he has his uh old Tampa Bay Rays bag.
Speaker 4: Guess what.
Speaker 2: These guys have their bets, their equipment, all this stuffy in their old baseball bag. And guess what when they go to the new team on day one. I could promise you the equipment manager will be like, all right, let's get you some new stuff that's always happened.
Speaker 4: What do you want to got to go to?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Does Modell still exist on these coasts? I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you want to go to Model's and get a new bag on his own? You could say Dix on Fire Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: I get that. Yeah, you could say that. Yeah, Tick Sporting Goods, you know they don't you know you can buy there. Okay, but this goes back.
Speaker 2: Wait, you Staples at Staples even you're nineteen eighty six Mets when Bill Buckner, I think the story was when he missed that ground ball. He's wearing his Cubs batting gloves on, wearing his Cubs batting glove underneath the glove.
Speaker 4: But the mitt.
Speaker 2: But for fans to get upset about this, it's the ultimate eye roll because I'm like, yo, day one, they show up, they plot because you see, it's like it's almost like the movie Major League, you know, and they just all pulp in their cars and get to camp.
Speaker 4: On day one.
Speaker 2: A lot of players have their old bag, and fans on social media are so but heard and met about it, like, well, are you still carrying like a Braves bag?
Speaker 4: Guess what?
Speaker 2: They haven't even met the equipment manager, I could promise you on day one. Guess what part of their Day one is Cavino some type of orientation where it's like, here, come this way, we'll fit you for all the new gear. Relax, alright, trivia. Next we'll do that and we'll talk some NBA. Hang tight more Covino and rich In for DP.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Dan Patrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com. We're streamers live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bill and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Due Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich, The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and.
Speaker 4: The Ben Maller Show Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: On YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away Covino and Rich sweeping the Nation. Yeah, oh, we hope you enjoy our show. And of course, you know there's always Colin and Dan Patrick. But hey, by Dan Patrick, thanks for having with us. And of course Stu Gotts and y Odd Couple and never heard of him, Two pros, Cup of Joe.
Speaker 4: You know, are we all best friends? Really? But we're all professionals. See how would that sound? That would be the weakest. You're like, why don't I know to hang with those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why Francisco Indoor at least fake the first to fake it.
Speaker 4: At least fake it to your mate.
Speaker 2: Francisco Lindoor basically admitted and people are like, well, at least dude was honest, and we do want honesty. But how about you get it right because that chemistry translates on the field those times where.
Speaker 4: Honesty is not the right move.
Speaker 2: Like how many guys have been asked by a woman in their lives like am I the best at blank? And you're like, hold on, I just gotta make this clear again, He goes, are we best friends? That's not how it works in the clubhouse?
Speaker 4: Well, make it work. You're a team leader, dude. Then you hear teams that win.
Speaker 2: What do they always say, it's a special group of guys clubhouse is great?
Speaker 4: Anything for these guys. I love these guys all.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Covino and rich In for DP, we're actually show they likes each other. How about that trouble sleeping. Let me tell you guys about z Kliner, the revolutionary recliner designed by Flex Steel. The z cliner engineered with RESTful sleep in mind, making it an ideal bed alternative. A healthy life starts with a healthy night's sleep. Visit z cliner dot com slash dan Patrick today to find z Kleiner at a store near you. You say, Don Patrick, doun Patrick that's not how he's saying. Don Patrick, Dan Patrick, oh legend. All right, well, hey, we're gonna be here the next two mornings, so appreciate you guys hanging with us on President's Day. Now I have presidential history in a second, but we've got to take one phone call from Canada first, because we were talking about people cheering for curly.
Speaker 4: We were talking about how much we didn't know about curling. Yeah, I don't know much about it. So a ten second seminar with who Danny, who do we got? Ryan says he's from a curling family.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, Ryan, tell us, ab Ryan, give us the first Well what do we what do we call the thing that's just from a curly fri.
Speaker 5: Called the curling stone, my friend, or a rock curling.
Speaker 4: Riches smashing Burger's with that thing. Yeah, let's go. Yeah, it's curling stone. And Ryan, it is harder than it looks.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, first of all, the ice has got pebbles on it. There is a very small surface on the bottom of that stone that's like maybe the size of your hand. I actually touched that. Okay, the curlers, the ones that are sleeping that they're getting screened bat because they're supposed to hurry the heck up. They're trying to persuade the pebbles so the stone will be guided to the house.
Speaker 4: But we do good at that. Doug Gottlieb because he's yelling at everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but I'm the exact and I was explaining this to you guys exact. So when you're sleeping, you're putting your whole body weight on that. And I mean I did a tournament I think it was last year with my family, one off because I don't curl this regular anymore, and I was sore from that's five days.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing Rich's curling is two pounds weight to the so Rich, you're putting all your weight into it. I love this guy, but I'm not gonna be winded from Crowley. I promise you that, Eh, you don't.
Speaker 6: Know, you don't know that, you bet you would be I bet you bet you Yeah yeah, Rich he lifts five and curls at the gym.
Speaker 4: You make the insight.
Speaker 2: Man, it's got it's got people watching you mocked ferociously and you get out of breath. People watch curling and love it. That dude's floors must be sparkling. But I but I agree with you, Doug Gottlie would be a fantastic curling coach. Exact say, the exact same place you got swimmer FSR alone. Again, we're Cavino and rich In for Dan Patrick, and we hope you had a happy Valentine's weekend. But it's President's Day weekend with some fanfare Sam President's Day. All right, Now, I have compiled some presidential trivia, now.
Speaker 4: One of your favorite things of the whole year. But I'm not doing.
Speaker 2: Multiple choice, Danny. But I'm going to give this person the opportunity you got to impress me. Would you say that three hundred or four hundred. We're approaching baseball seas nowadays you just have to beat like to ten to ten and you're on the team. Yeah, I'm gonna say, this guy's got I have ten quick questions. He's got to get four out of ten.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's it. It's really simple, all right, Sean, and Connecticut was the first three.
Speaker 4: Jehan you there, I'm here man, let's do it. John.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a fact. Do you tell me what president you got to get four out of ten? You get four out of ten, you win. Okay, and just throw a guess if you don't know, throw a guess who's there's only forty something options. I promise you I won't know the answer, so you won't look like a fool.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Who is the only sitting president to attend the Super Bowl? Only sitting president to attend the Super Bowl? But Junior W. Bush incorrect? I'm sorry, Donald Trump. That was just recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year Donald Trump became the first sitting president tender Super Bowl New Orleans, when, of course, the Eagles beat the Chief So you're, oh, for one, you're not a bad guy.
Speaker 4: So he's a sports guy for sure. Who is the first president of this United States of America? Okay, I think I know? Get do I give him that one?
Speaker 2: Because he played with my paws there, No, we don't, all right, The first president of the United States to ever publicly fill out.
Speaker 4: A March mad this bracket, the first that the Obama Obama they got one for two. He's also the first president to say there's aliens among us. We got to get to that.
Speaker 2: I don't if we're gont have time, all right, This president actually, you know what I'm gonna go vice president? This vice president incorrectly spelled the word potato at a spelling bee and never heard the end of it. What vice president incorrectly spelled potato?
Speaker 4: I'm only lived with one vice president that they considered pretty Dumb's gonna go with Dan Coyle.
Speaker 2: This guy I two for three. This guy's got to get h start. He's there a gen genius. What is Dan Quayle up to these days?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I want to check in on Dan Coyle? What is Dan doling? I'm gonna send him a DM right now? All right? What president was the first to throw out a pitch at a Major League baseball game? That's a goop one, there's I'll give you a hints. He was a big fella.
Speaker 5: Shut pack bro.
Speaker 4: This guy's President Taff nineteen ten. This was too good of a clue. Rich has his favorite president's You knew Taff was gonna come is going to be in there?
Speaker 2: Can we acknowledge that we got to acknowledge the Queen of England with her screwball though she had a mean pitch taft tub that the best first pitcher that is not even a US president. You're right it's the Queen of England and naked guns. You should have screwball or something.
Speaker 4: But Sean just needs one more three for four?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Now, we talked about Obama and how we put a basketball court in, how he's a basketball guy. Other presidents were athletic. We talked earlier today on the show about Gerald Ford could.
Speaker 4: Have played professional football.
Speaker 2: What president was so into boxing that while president he would randomly spar at the White House? Wow?
Speaker 4: What president would spar? Think about? Tough president? Yeah, I think that's a good one there.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know what I'm looking like.
Speaker 2: Canny not Kennedy, good guess though. Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy Roosevelt would box.
Speaker 4: I heard Roberto Duran beat his ass. All right, all right, what's what's Uh?
Speaker 2: Here's one which president was known to skinny dip after a morning workout in the Potomac River.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know this either. To on that one too. Now, that would be John Quincy Adams. Come on, everybody knows that's John Quincy Adams. That was back when it was safe to skinny dip in the Potomac. Do you know who's a big skinny dipper? Riches Dad. True story.
Speaker 2: That was a chubby dipper, fluffy dipper. All right, I'll give you one. I'll give you a hint. This is a legendary president. This president was the first to be a licensed bartender, and before he became president, owned a tavern in Illinois. Oh, you gotta get more of a hint. I think, hint there, legendary president, I think I give a hint. Owned a tavern in Illinois and was a licensed bartender.
Speaker 4: With Lincoln bro and you win the game.
Speaker 1: There go.
Speaker 4: Lincoln apparently could make a mean whiskey drink. So there you go, President whiskey drink, he made a bucket drink. He made a van ago.
Speaker 6: All right, Sean, hang on the line, get your info. Mail you out a CNUR prize.
Speaker 4: Pat, I want to know my little random presidential fund tack.
Speaker 2: Congratulations man, Well, we wants a shame on you congratulation.
Speaker 4: Can't get fooled again? Well, there used to be a stat that I was so intrigued by.
Speaker 2: You can't get fooled again?
Speaker 4: You know that was what was that?
Speaker 5: The war?
Speaker 4: The war in Iraq. Don't fool me again.
Speaker 2: There was a stat that said, for the average American a Lincoln crosses your mind at least once a day that even if subliminally like a street sign, a school of something, a statue currency like, you know, throughout a day, you're gonna subconsciously at least think of a Lincoln once. I don't know if that still exists, but that used to be a weird stat that I thought was interesting because I was like, hey, yeah, there I go thinking about him again. And then they they teach kids a lot about Abe blinking because my kids are in third grade in kindergarten and for presidents, and I'm like, hey, hey, you little muckleheads, what presidents do you know? And they know, oh, Trump's the current president. They go they always go to Abe Lincoln and George Washington. Those are clearly, would you agree, Lincoln and Washington most famous presidents? Yes, without a doubt, right, okay, And if you look at any photos of all the presidents, there's no one that stands out more than that guy, not just because of his height, just he looks so peculiar him Danny were age because he was a vampire slayer or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's an which president's slayed vampires on the side.
Speaker 2: No and there's approximately one hundred and thirty known unique photographs of Abraham Lincoln. But if you see like any sort of painting or rendition of him with other presidents, like that guy had the most unique Ichabod crane looking vibe any other president.
Speaker 4: The weirdest thing.
Speaker 2: You know, AI is pretty awesome nowadays. And you know you can love it or hate it. Sam, I know you hate it, But have you seen.
Speaker 4: Unless it's like a video of dancing Corgis and then get then you're fine with that. Yeah, have you seen?
Speaker 2: This is remarkable. They've taken all the legendary presidents, like the early on presidents, and they just sort of clean him up to show you like what they would look like now. And while they all look so old, like Zachary Taylor and Woodrow Wilson, all these.
Speaker 4: Guys, they just look like the regular old white guys.
Speaker 2: They put him in like a current suit and give him a current ay haircut, and Cavino's right. Of all of all the presidents, only one still looks still looks like weird, and it's abe linking because they can't they can't figure out how to make this.
Speaker 4: Guy like what would he look like now?
Speaker 2: You can't modernize that guy. You can't modernize Abe Lincoln. All right, Now, coming up speaking to presidents. One former president who not only had a basketball court in the White House, he won Grammys. That was one of my other questions, what president won multiple Grammy Awards. He was at the All Star Game yesterday catching loose balls courtside. Barack Obama made a comment about aliens. And while this interview on our podcast was you know, had the honor of interviewing him, I don't feel like there was in the follow up on this he talked about aliens and we have to break this down next. More Cavino on rich In for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 5: Next, But I'm now the president of every Thanks.
Speaker 3: For listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: So, Abe Lincoln was a bartender at Hooters. Where was your word here? Hey, that's the presidential fun fact archetect twin peaks. No, it was a host locals, Abe Lincoln bartender at a host locals. I heard it on the Coveno and Rich show. I heard it some guy on the radio, Fank Tasi when he was fighting vampires. Hey, we're Coveno and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and for Dan Patrick. And for over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive ships fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation.
Speaker 4: Tirerack tyrack dot Com.
Speaker 2: A tire buying should be quick reminder, this is day one of the Dan Patrick Hatrick Presidential Abe Lincoln hat Trick, which means we're gonna be here Tuesday and Wednesday, so tomorrow we return with more prizes and more games. And I heard whack diesel shacked diesel trivia, So some multiple choice shacked diesel trivia for more Coveno on Rich Prizes chatted out our good friends at tirek Irish Sam. One more presidential trivia question for you. Sure what president was the only to get arrested while in office and it has to do with traffic. Ulysses s. Grant was speeding in a carriage and was arrested. I was like, what he was arrested? Walk the carriage twenty dollars an hour? What are you doing so hey, enjoy your president's day, have fun and speaking of presidents under the radar when he wasn't catching loose ball's court side no socks by the way, huh Obama rock in the showing some ankle yesterday.
Speaker 4: Or what you saw that yes weekend is ironic because isn't he a white Sox fan? Look at that?
Speaker 2: Well, he said on the Brian Taylor podcast Brian Taylor interviewing this guy that aliens exist. And there's a lot of controversy here because it was in a passing moment. It's like, Yep, aliens exist, Yep, they do, sure do, and well think they're real. The dude was doing a solid interview. It just uh, I felt like there was a moment for more follow up, like whoa, did you just admit that aliens exist?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: It was a simple like hold on.
Speaker 2: It was almost like it was almost like the former president said, yes, there are aliens, and the guy's like that's great and all, Hey, where do you and Michelle like to go eat lunch?
Speaker 4: Like, well, I'm sorry, wait, wait.
Speaker 2: He went right on to the next question and breezed right by the fact that he admitted aliens exist, and he said something about like what was one of the first things you wanted to know as president, and Obama went back to was like do aliens exist? And it's like, yo, dude, he's telling you all about these aliens and you're not diving into this. Well. Obama has since walked it back a little saying like says they're not at area fifty one. Yeah, and then he doesn't he's not quite sure they ever made it to this planet.
Speaker 4: No chances low chance is low allians, meaning it doesn't necessarily mean welcome to our planet.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing. It could be any sort of living organism. We need to see something, like we've been told they exist, Like we need to see the proof. I think what he was implying there is that, Yeah, we know for fact that there's living things among us that we're not really sure what they are. And maybe it's molecular and small and insignificant, but these do exist.
Speaker 4: We just found other planet.
Speaker 2: We just foolishly think anything that's quote alien or from another world or planet looks like an alien that we depict in like cinema, right. I don't think that's what he implies. I would have loved to have gone further with the questioning. We assume it's like some grayish green creature or something.
Speaker 6: I feel like our very own George, our very own George Nori from Coast to Coast needs to sit down with Obama and follow up.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's uh, yeah, what did you mean about that? What do you mean by that they exist? What do you mean it's everyone's curiosity. I do wonder though, if you do become president, which again only for you know, less than fifty men have done, are do you think there is a all right, here's all the secret stuff you know, we know you want to know.
Speaker 4: Do you think there really is a list of like I get to know these secret things now?
Speaker 2: We think that's bs Also, because we always assume, like, if you become president, you find out about aliens and JFK and all these truth.
Speaker 4: I feel like none of that is true. Maybe it's like Independence Day where they tell you only if you need to know, They're like they take you to that secret place. They're like, yeah, we have a shit.
Speaker 2: Well Obama did say that if they do have alien bodies preserved somewhere.
Speaker 4: They keep them somewhere where they were not brought to his attention. He's never seen them, and they never expressed that to him. So then I would have asked, why do you think they're real? Exactly that, and that's the story.
Speaker 2: It's like, how could he have admitted this, the first president to admit that, yep, they exist, and no one followed up with that sort of a passing comment on the podcast. Well, hey, we'll see you guys back here manyana enjoy your Monday. Your presidents say if you have time, I said, goee can goat with the kids. I thought it was great. All right, we'll see you tomorrow or riba there you baby, see you in the promise. I have a good one later, Dan Netts, goodbye, guys. Enjoyed the day, VP, bye letter.
Speaker 5: Fine out.