Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app. Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Monday here in the s w C podcast studio at the Beautiful Star in Frisco, and it's onto Atlanta. From here Bill Jones, with Everson Walls and Mickey Spagnola. You realized we came oh so close. Well maybe not that close, but oh to Everson greeting in the plane the tack I wrote, I'm writing about it. I mean they were in position that last drive.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting down, not ever, I was just I'm sitting there thinking, O.
Speaker 3: S ball game. It's thirty to twenty four and the Cowboys get the ball back with less than three minutes left. All they gotta do is matriculate down the field, and it was gonna be past to number eighty seven in the back of the end zone and it would have been the Cowboys catch.
Speaker 2: I would have been so happy for it.
Speaker 3: And ever since, this is what we concluded the show. On Friday with and ever I had eversince going to the airport to greet the plane and shake Jake Perkinson's hand.
Speaker 2: And I never committed to that by way.
Speaker 4: No, he did not, but if it had happened, and at about maybe it was about quarter after four fourth when I was walking to my car off the charter, there was a guy out there with a camera, and I was thinking, oh, I had sobody to shout it exactly.
Speaker 3: Was it a Channel eleven camera?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't recognize. There's always like somebody there when we show.
Speaker 3: Up morning shows. I got to get because of course the story of the day is whatever happened with the Cowboys on Sunday night football, And so we got to get their arrival at the airport for a regular season game, and ever since just alarm went off to tell him that he needs to be in the studio at twelve o'clock, it goes off at twelve oh four.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you guys are laughing, because no one else is not not a lot of laughter.
Speaker 3: On that plane. Yeah, playing carm you're working there working with my air plugs in so but you can feel it.
Speaker 4: It's everybody's sleeping.
Speaker 3: And just like kind of the way they went through the third quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was there was a lot of frustration. And I've seen, you know, McCarthy after losses, but I could tell he was really frustrated, and I think he the last thing he was asked is he was getting ready to walk off. It was something about one of the miss calls, and he said, go ask them just like that, and he just walked off.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the touchdown.
Speaker 4: Just come up with any of three or four things.
Speaker 5: I think that's the biggest, right, the pick play, the pick play where they picked up the flat.
Speaker 4: Well, how about the touchdown when his perty's elbow was on the ground. The ball never crossed the plane. They didn't even look at it. And then you saw how the game started with the legal formation. It was an illegal.
Speaker 3: They talked that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you could tell on TV, but the head referee and the guy on that sideline when they saw how the Cowboys were lined up, they they questioned them, right, and they talked about it, and I thought they talked it out. Then the official on the other side throws his flag five minute five yards legal formation, Well, it wasn't illegal. Because they only had one guy back. So you don't have to have nine guys on the line of scrimmage. You can have nine and another one off the line of scrimmage. Right, Well, they sat there and argued with them, and remember who was part of the committee that came up rules fossil Right, So I was told afterwards that New York finally called down and told them you screwed it up. You were wrong, because if you looked at how they lined up the rest of the game, CJ. Goodwin was four yards behind the one.
Speaker 3: I mean, how are you going to run the illegal forward pass on the reverse? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: And so so that now then they finally so one guy figured it out. One guy figured out that two guys were wrong on the pick play? Right, how does that happen?
Speaker 5: And for a lot there was a lot of flags being thrown, so obviously they all saw the same.
Speaker 3: Okay, so tell me that again.
Speaker 4: One guy was well, two flags were thrown, and so somebody had to go tell those guys, no, that wasn't a pick. And then the worst part was whoever was the guy on TV? Said well no, the dB ran into the wider price and collins Worth said, well, if that's the case, then we're gonna have a lot of legal picks.
Speaker 2: It was that was so obvious.
Speaker 4: I mean, and you know, on the two things I mentioned the you know, the elbow down on the quarterback sneak, it was probably just delaying the eye there. They were going to eventually score right the way things.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they will.
Speaker 5: I don't think they would have eventually scored on the pick play though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a third down play. If it's it would have been third and goal at the back them up and third and goal, third goal like the two Well, they were third and goal at the two on the play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then you're talking about that would have been at the twelfth right, totally different thing.
Speaker 2: So but anyway, I thought that was that was the key.
Speaker 4: It was just a continuation of what started on Tuesday. Your kicker gets picked for jury to go to jury, dude.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the other thing, go ahead on the party one. That was a third down play too, yes, and so they would have been they would have been going for it on fourth and goal at the one inch line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would have.
Speaker 3: And likely would have made it. But just now, because you could fumble a snap you could like Geno Smith. Yesterday, Yes, Connor Williams step Connor Williams stepped on his foot and he felt fell back.
Speaker 5: Uh, you saw some good gold line stances all day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Now now you were talking about brainon Aubrey and jury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we started the week with Aubrey, right, and then not only does he get called, he gets selected, he's got a practice at night.
Speaker 2: Uh. Then the boys came out there and practice with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the deep snap on Thursday night in the dark out here on the practice field because there's a high school game going on and then I couldn't go into that, so they had to come out here on the field where it's dark.
Speaker 5: And then, hey, I think that's the way he used to practice before he came to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Anyway, before he got to the US, learned to kick. Then before the game, ric o'donald comes down with a high fever and some people think that that was phony. Well it wasn't phony. He had a high fever and they had to they had to make it. Well, he was coming up anyway, They're already had activated him off practice squad, right, and.
Speaker 3: So what were they going to do? You got flu?
Speaker 4: Then he was the third running back, and he would have had a couple of characters.
Speaker 3: No, no, who okay what roster?
Speaker 4: Deuce would have been down?
Speaker 3: Okay, got you? Yeah, and so I didn't I didn't even say I didn't even realize Duce.
Speaker 4: Wash yeah, because it never was a DNP. He didn't even but he was.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't realize him.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so and so ninety minutes before the game is when you got to do your enacting. Sure, right, So they're still well, the fever is still kind of high. Can we take this chance that it clears because they gave him probably medicine, right, and so they decided, no, let's not chance it because we could get left shorthanded at the running back. I think it was flew like symptoms or something to that effect, but who knows, right, And so that happens. Then we find out the Joneses get in the car accident trying to enter the stadium when the barrier comes up out of the ground and gets the car. One car went through. I guess the second car thought, okay, I'm good to go. Then that happens came up out of the ground. I was there and go what next, and then I said, oh, the third quarter happened.
Speaker 2: The driver doesn't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was never verified or maybe there was an attendant there or something, and he just assumed that that the it stays down for how.
Speaker 5: Like a AT and T stadium, which it probably is. It's pretty self explanatory what to do, right, like if you go through, go through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Go through the If you once you go through the barrier and that doesn't come up, you have to wait for the barrier to come.
Speaker 2: Back down, right and then.
Speaker 5: Okay, then they massed the button on the green. Everything green comes up and.
Speaker 3: You go have you ever been in that position at AT and T Stadium? Or you had to wait for the barrier to get under the stadium.
Speaker 2: So we are like this guy, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I'm so media parking, So sid media. You know where the old Ring, you know where the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Used to you know where the Rangers you guys.
Speaker 3: You know where the Rangers used to play over there in Armington, Ye, the other side. Yeah, that's where we park.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and you deserve.
Speaker 4: That, which makes me think, actually that's not where we park.
Speaker 3: But we do have to walk all the way around the stadium to the media.
Speaker 4: Half way around anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm so sid I heard that what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I always have anxiety when I returned my rental car, like when I go over that barrier.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing the car.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing basically, except that you got the things the columns come, but it's the same. It's the same process, is what I'm saying. So the driver should know. I gotta wait, It's just that simple. I gotta wait.
Speaker 3: Who did a good job of diverting from away from the third quarter?
Speaker 2: Well, well before we divert away from it.
Speaker 5: Let me say this, all those bad cause we got it's because the rest they don't respect this anymore.
Speaker 4: Somebody told me they just didn't want San Francisco to be three and five.
Speaker 2: Man, And they're just as bad as we are.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine, though, if someone, let's say they watched the first half of the game and then they had to go run an errand, and then they came back the fourth quarter, they would have you if you just and you you didn't have the score on the screen, you would have thought the Cowboys won the game of twenty four to nine. Oh yeah, absolutely, But that third quarter was it was like the Ravens game all over it. In fact, this game was sort of like the Ravens really when you just look at the where if you started in the third quarter, Ravens got up twenty eight to six, and then here come the Cowboys back and made it the twenty eight twenty five game.
Speaker 4: In the end, I am going to propose that they start the game in a two minute drill.
Speaker 5: That's what I was going to say. Let's just go with the pace. You know, our pace needs to pick up, and we've done that before. We did it last year. Yeah, we did that several times last year to where we say, you know what, let's work on this because this gives us more energy. And that's what we need right now in our offense, especially our offense, We need more energy. It needs to be transferred offensively to where once we controlled the game, I think the defense feels better when they go out there, because, as I said last year and previously, our defense plays off of offense.
Speaker 2: That's just the way that you know.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy said subtlement to me because I was houting the fullbacks coming into the game, and uh, use check and then, uh, Lipke what he's done this season, And he actually said to me that we do a lot if you go back and look at it, we've got a lot more positive plays when Lipkey's on the field. Well, Lipkey's been on the field on in the third down situations. Yeah, two minute drill has the blocking back And so I want, I wonder they probably have analytics on it. It's broken down specifically, like a plus minus for specific plays and for players. And I bet you Lypke's is pretty high because of that. Now, you don't want to hand him the ball on third and five, right.
Speaker 2: But you can throw it to him. You can throw it to him.
Speaker 4: And it didn't matter who you handed it to.
Speaker 3: And that one lot, Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 4: Warner comes through untouched Jesus, because Zeke.
Speaker 3: Look good running the ball. And but when you hand it to him and Warner is coming through unblocked, and who he gets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let's get get rid of before we go to the third quarter of the Elephant in the room. Delvin Cook was going to be the savior of this running game. I gotta play him, you gotta play them. Okay, you got six carries for twelve yards because he can't get to the line of scrimmage because they can't block. They couldnot run block to save their lives. And these guys were getting hit at the line of scrimmage or behind the line of scrimmage repeatedly. And it's been happening all year and it's no different, right, this is what it's been. And then when you can't run the ball, they're printing pressure on the quarterback. The first interception, it's like, well, what are they doing throwing deep? Well, he got hit by Bosa. You cannot throw deep when you're off your back foot getting ready.
Speaker 2: At the time he had eight eight.
Speaker 4: Times they registered hits, and I bet when the coaches come back, I bet it's a dozen. He was under pressure the whole Well, when you can't run the ball, what are they going to do? They're coming at you, and you know, he made a bad decision on the second interception, should have never thrown the ball, but on that deep throw. And then he had another perfect deep throw. Unfortunately the wide receiver was my size and he couldn't get up high enough to catch it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he was gonna come down in bounds on that.
Speaker 5: Now I think if he would have caught it cleanly, Yeah, he footwork would have been better, because when he realized he didn't have it, then footwork didn't matter.
Speaker 3: I know, if I didn't know if that was a red line situation, you know in practice they've got the red line down, like he got too close where you don't have enough space on the sideline.
Speaker 5: Well he really didn't, but it was still salvageable.
Speaker 4: And then what what did you think about the throw in that the end zone for for student maker? He had a kind of the guy like we said in college, man, they get scholarships to these guys get paid as well. Right, No, not the one off the ti his hands.
Speaker 3: Oh that was spanned Ford Ford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry. It was Ford and the guy got it on the second, not the first swipe, the second.
Speaker 2: That was a good That was a good attempt.
Speaker 3: You know who that reminded me of. You know who that reminded me of in San Francisco, who going up high like that in the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, It just always comes back to the catch.
Speaker 3: Schoomaker only was on the field for two plays.
Speaker 4: Well, he got the interference at the goal line.
Speaker 3: I know it one very significant play.
Speaker 4: But what I mean, they ran a heck of a lot and I know we're getting ahead of ourselves here too tight ends because they could not block, they could not pass protect. If they didn't double and triple team Bosa, they were out of luck. And you can't keep doing that otherwise you don't have enough guys going into the pass route if you got a tight end over here, staying in a tight end over here.
Speaker 3: But that's what that's what I'm saying is they ran a lot of too tight end and Schoonmaker wasn't one of those two tight ends. Well, they had spanned Ford. It was on the field for nineteen snaps and Schoonmaker gets.
Speaker 4: Well, he blocks better, oh for what I would say. So, I mean, that's why he's there.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons that you drafted Schoonmaker in the second round is he could do both. Well you thought, okay, I learned something new, or we going to the third quarter when we get back. We're going to the third quarter when we come back, so fair warning.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with the pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slid with the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great taste.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great. Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset. We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers.
Speaker 2: Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy.
Speaker 1: Celebrate responsibilyl Walkee Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 4: To mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Hey parents, get ready for a spectacular time at Little Stars. Presented by Nuna on Wednesday, October thirtieth. This free Halloween themed event is perfect for your little pumpkins age five and under. Join us from ten to twelve pm for fun activities, silly games, and lots of treats. Visit the stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm distracted right now. I'm sitting there watching the Tyreek Stevenson the Bears defensive back on the hail Mary.
Speaker 2: We're not getting to that yet. We're supposed to get to the third quarter.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the third quarter, all right, third quarter? Make you where are you gonna start? How about where they opening kickoff of the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Held?
Speaker 4: The one that was short, didn't make it to the landing zone? Is that the one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of started the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It hit inside, It hit before the twenty And see if they were trying so hard on kickoff and kickoff returns to like steal steel a play. Maybe we can hit these line drive kicks. And I remember I asked that to Fossil like when the new rules came out, I said, can a kicker be accurate enough to hit line drives? So it'll hit the ground and roll into the end zone and then it doesn't come out until the twenty and he said, you got to be really good at that because he said the percentages are not real high that you can control the ball that well.
Speaker 3: All right, So Shanahan's halftime interview before going to the locker room at halftime, he was asked about them trailing ten to six, and he said, well, we get the ball first. We need to score a touchdown to start the second half. And so the Cowboys just fed right into their hands. Yeah, giving them the ball at the forty yard line. Yeah, and see sixty yards five plays, forty three yard are to kittle the big play down to the four yard line. Next Plaguer windows in the end zone.
Speaker 4: And I thought the end of the first half was a precursor to what was happening with the running game, because they had done a pretty good job up until that point. And when San Francisco with two fifty six at their thirty, all of a sudden, Guirando rushes for nineteen yards, right, that was their biggest run so far. And then he has a fifteen yarder, So all of a sudden, thirty four yards. I think they had seventy in the first half, and two plays they found something to run with the ball, and they got down close and they were able to finally thanks. Was there a holding call in there or something that caused them to Yeah, there was a hold on eighty five, the backup tight end. When they had got down it was it was they had gotten down real close.
Speaker 2: It was San Francisco.
Speaker 3: It wasn't killing aber Eric Sobert eighty kittles eighty five, eighty.
Speaker 4: Five, It was eighty two. Yeah, and so it was like, oh, they found something. They're starting to run the ball, and.
Speaker 5: Then that was to their right. Yeah, in between the go on the tackle tackling.
Speaker 4: And then they came back.
Speaker 3: They found something, which is what they've been doing all season. The quarterback can run the football prety pretty party ran even before the kittle, Even before the kittle forty three yarder. Cowboys had twelve men on the field, and yeah, pretty pretty good, well, but it was declined Gause pretty got nine yards anyway, even with twelve men on the field. Then on third and one gets the first down, and then Kittle and then well and then okay, this is just everything that happened in the third quarter was it was a comedy of errors for the Cowboys. So then after the touchdown they gave San Francisco the lead. You're two minutes into the quarter, and that's when you run the reverse on the on the kickoff, which was an illegal forward pass?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, you got it. When you'll execute when you it throws you because Turpin's going forward and he is. He's basically tossing the ball up in the air, and when Goodwin takes it, technically whatever yard line they were on, they were forward from it. It doesn't too when you're looking at it live, you don't think it's a forward pass because Turpin is in front of it. But you can't toss it. Where it goes forward doesn't matter where Turpin is. It's where the ball where he released it. And so basically Turpin has to turn his back and toss it backwards if he's going to pitch it rather than hand it off.
Speaker 4: Well, see they figured something out on that that forty three yard pass to Kittle. Cowboys have been putting their line back draw on the line of scrimmage and that was stopping the run there for a little bit. Well, when he comes over in there's no one there. There's no one there to you know, until the safety would come up and he's got a running start.
Speaker 3: So in that case, he was Donovan Wilson. That was was trailing.
Speaker 5: That was that the one he Valainlivan Wilson was trailing him the entire freaking game. So I don't know what happened on that particular play. But when you're a player.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: You got it that the scheme works for you. You have to play within the scheme. But at one point they're pretty much showing you the hand every time. Every route Killer ran was an end cut. After a while, there's a dB you can't get food every time by the same freaking route. That's where the matchups come in. The matchup makes a different there. There's a difference there. There's not the scheme that makes a difference there, it's the matchup. So if you have to be smart enough to see that your your tight end has run the same route on you two times previous, this is the third time. Eventually you got to get the memo. Those are just match up problems that has nothing to do with the scheme. That's why players have to be consistent, and Donovan Wilson is not consistent some games. I see him and I'm like, whoa, that's the guy been I've enjoyed last year, two years ago.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes he'll get out there and he'll take a move.
Speaker 5: Ron Springs used to joke about beating Bill Bates in practice all the time. He talked about how he would take any move that I'd give him, and he said one. It's something, he said. All he's got to do is this, and Bill takes it. That's what happened with Donovan.
Speaker 4: Wilson evershok his head.
Speaker 5: I barely did. I I barely shook my head. That's the whole point. And that's what Kitler was doing. He's given them one move and Donovan's freezes. After a while, you have to be better at your skills to create better matchups.
Speaker 2: That's just facts.
Speaker 3: And then and then much of what San Francisco is doing is based on putting a guy in motion and and and detecting, which is what basically very basic stuff.
Speaker 2: He was. He was he was still that.
Speaker 5: Yeah that time, he was yeah. So now they the same thing. It's just they just moved him there.
Speaker 4: They got the ball at the four and as we could predict, the full back use check clear as a hole for Verando to get his first touchdown first in his career.
Speaker 2: From had three already, so then.
Speaker 3: That one he had, that one against Seattle, that was dumb. It was not a smart he thought he was being smart. Dumb and the other team and the other team has timeouts left, you don't slide down. Okay. Now in this case, it was smart because the other team, that's when he said that, got little of the scoreboard and if they got no timeouts left, then okay, he.
Speaker 2: Was pretty proud of himself.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, because on the next play you scheck scored and.
Speaker 2: Crazy. All right.
Speaker 3: So you go through the anatomy of a disaster.
Speaker 4: Starting at the eleven, all right, and so there you go.
Speaker 3: You're backed up, you're on eleven. Okay. San Francisco started their first possession at the fort. The Cowboys start at the eleven. Okay. Now it's third and four from the seventeen. And that was the ill advised interception.
Speaker 4: He's running to his left and he's still trying to throw the ball and he had no chance to make an accurate throw.
Speaker 5: Well, to me, one thing you don't do, you don't throw it short, right, I mean, you get it got to get it over the guy. I mean, it wasn't even close. See these reaching back just to break it up.
Speaker 4: And that's what happens though, when you're running to your left trying to throw, he's at that that was it was just a bad just a bad decisions.
Speaker 2: A bad decision and a bad throw.
Speaker 4: So now they get the ball at the Dallas thirty two.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what great field position.
Speaker 3: Party complete Gerendover twelve twelve, Samuel for three complete to Samuel for three, complete to Samuel for four. Party on third and three at the thirteen gets six yards.
Speaker 2: I think that's when I started watching sixty.
Speaker 3: Minutes first in Gold at the seven, Samuel for four and then a one yard pickup, and then it's the Kittle play, the pick play on third and goal at the two.
Speaker 4: I broke down bs.
Speaker 3: And now it's twenty to ten.
Speaker 2: It's pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: So then the Cowboys get the run game going though on the exposition and Iszik got six yards on first down and at that point, and at that point in the game he had seven carries for thirty five yards, averaging five yards of carry. He was yeah, incomplete, incomplete punt.
Speaker 4: Yep first and ten at the twenty five and.
Speaker 3: There kJ Henry in second and six kJ Henry man. He had that play snuffed out. If Perdy throws it to Debo, it's going to be a pick six. Perty sees kJ Henry there and cuts it upfield for sixteen yards and a first down, and next play twenty seven yards to Kittle.
Speaker 5: It's always so many, so much room and so many holes in our secondary. I bet they just feel so comfortable on offense all the time.
Speaker 3: And with thirty six seconds left in the third quarter, Perty scored to make it twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, all right. So here are your stats from the third quarter. Points were twenty one to nothing. Time of possession was eleven oh two to three point fifty eight. First downs were nine to nothing. Third down conversions they were five for five. Dallas was zero for two total yards one sixty seven to sixteen.
Speaker 4: One sixty seven after they had played decently the first.
Speaker 3: Half, after out playing them in the first half, and then that happens in the third quarter.
Speaker 5: Like I said, guys, forty nine ers are not a good team either. The game was actually boring when we were winning, and it wasn't just because oh, we're playing good defense.
Speaker 3: No, it was just when you're not a good team yet to win.
Speaker 5: Or least, yeah, we screwed up the least.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And at one point in the game I wrote these down. They had plays of forty three, forty seven, nineteen, sixteen, and thirty nine. It was like six plays for one hundred and ninety four yards. Big plays, big plays.
Speaker 3: And which makes the total yards in the game, the Niners had four hundred and sixty nine total yards, two hundred and twenty three on the ground and two hundred plus pass to sixty passing and.
Speaker 4: He only needed eighteen completions and no turnovers. So in theirs, see if I got this right. In their four losses, posing quarterback completed twelve passes thirteen passes, eighteen and eighteen to beat them because they were running for a marathon.
Speaker 2: Well and those passes had long passes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like big plays.
Speaker 3: So but then the fourth quarter, by the and when we come back, Mickey will tell us why there is hope for the future.
Speaker 2: That is not what he is telling.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canhuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Waller. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today, Tom Shuts.
Speaker 5: Head to at and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth, from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of at and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit at T stadium dot com slash rally days to get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Today, Can we share what we just talked about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, So, I was showing Mickey the video of Tyreek Stevenson, the Chicago Bears defensive back, who is taunting the fans, and why she didn't as the snap had already occurred in Jayden Daniels's back in the pocket scrambling around for thirteen seconds, and then he realizes that, oh the play, the play already.
Speaker 4: Skuys were almost to the twenty yard line before he realized.
Speaker 3: So then he runs over and he tips the ball to Noah Brown the game winning touchdown.
Speaker 5: So I said, I said, that is not the way they do things in Chicago because that's just not how they're coached.
Speaker 3: That's right. And so then I looked up and Tyreek Stevenson.
Speaker 2: I looked him up.
Speaker 3: I saw what college you went to and I said, oh, guess what college you went to?
Speaker 2: Said Missouri?
Speaker 3: And you said Missouri and I said that makes sense, but I said, no, if a player think of any college in America. And if a player is going to make a play like that, what college would you pick? And you said you and he went to the U.
Speaker 4: I was going to choose Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: I was going to say with plahom because the only reason but he was smiling too much, so I knew it was.
Speaker 3: Hey, just come full circle on this. The only reason that I looked him up was I was hoping that he went to Krambling.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I didn't even pick any HBC, not at all.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll tell you nobody.
Speaker 4: Nobody picked the Cowboys on the NBC pregame show.
Speaker 3: Including Jason Garrett. All right, so is there hope for the future after what happened in the fourth quarter? You know, think about uh, the same thing happened in the fourth quarter against Baltimore and then they go on the road. They never guide the Giants and won. They went on the road and they beat Pittsburgh Baltimore.
Speaker 4: They never stopped him to get the chance to get the ball back one more time. This time they did and it was just like a big tease as it ended up. Because if you remember, they started that fourth quarter third and five at the forty five, and that got sacked nobody. I wrote down nobody open and there was.
Speaker 2: Dude that was never.
Speaker 5: I mean, it seemed as if there were two men on each of our receivers. I don't know how many they had on defense out there, but I know the on the last play, the fourth down, it looked like everyone was double team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why am I calling us? For twelve minute on the field and it looks like they.
Speaker 2: Got everybody was double team.
Speaker 4: And then San Francisco gets the ball back at the seventeen and it's third and one and Digs deflects the ball on that rollout. It almost was an interception two. So they punt and there the Cowboys go first and ten at the thirty and promptly a false start by steal.
Speaker 3: Where are you in the game right now, fifty seven? You're earlier?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was starting from the I got from the beginning. And then it was like they got the PI on third and ten the guy wiped out Tobert and then they moved right down the field and score a touchdown, and it's like, okay, well, twenty seven seventeen not bad.
Speaker 3: And then they get still eight minutes left in the game, and.
Speaker 4: Then they get another well it wasn't a They got one first down and then it was a three and out and they forced a field goal, so that was encouraging. It's like, okay, because if you score a touchdown, it's thirty twenty four and then they get the was it the big play to Lamb?
Speaker 3: Well, there are three passes to Lamb twenty one, twenty nine, and twenty yards. It's seventy yards and four plays, and now with three and a half minutes left in the game, it's thirty to twenty four and then San Francisco goes three and out, including the over shown sack, which is a huge second and three.
Speaker 4: He's like shot out of cannon.
Speaker 5: That that's what I was talking about last week playing downhill. Wasn't he my pick to click guy?
Speaker 2: He was?
Speaker 3: I think he was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, what he was?
Speaker 3: I think I want to see credit for that.
Speaker 2: Well, one player, Mike can Haven, was surping it.
Speaker 4: It almost happened.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So now Cowboys get the ball back with three oh.
Speaker 4: Five left and did a nice job. Yeah, I mean the previous to hold them they sacked. That was the overshown sack, right, put them behind the chains third and twelve, and they chose to run the ball.
Speaker 3: They completed a pass for six yards, yeah, the blitz, and then they had punt. So Cowboys have it at the twenty five yard line first and ten three oh five left in the game. And it was almost an interception in the game.
Speaker 4: By one of two guys, one of about four guys.
Speaker 2: What is seen?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have no idea where you're trying to get the ball too much to CD back and look.
Speaker 2: At that totally missed. Sorry.
Speaker 3: See, it's so important on those those drives like that where you got no timeouts. You got plenty of time though you got three minutes left, and you do have a time out because you got the two minute warning to play with too, where just matriculate down the field. You don't have to force anything, just dump it off to a running back whatever you got. In fact, someone asked me afterwards, was should you run the ball there? I'm like, you see us run the ball earlier.
Speaker 5: Sometimes the long handoff's help, you know. Don't don't give it to them now, just flare them out right away, you know. But when we have it, when we throw out to the flats, we wait so long and we give the defensive chance to react by the time that we get it out.
Speaker 3: There, like trying too hard to get vertical when you had plenty of time and just you can dink and dunk and then hit.
Speaker 2: Them and make them set the edge.
Speaker 4: And then the second, the second and ten place was incomplete. And I don't even know if the guy typing out the play by play knew who that pass went through because it says past incomplete short, right, did he just like I can't even remember because I didn't write down who it went to. I was thinking it away.
Speaker 3: He must have thrown it away, yeah, and then came.
Speaker 4: Passed to Turpin.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: That was that well, you could see, uh.
Speaker 4: And then but after the forth down right, you.
Speaker 5: Could see after the interception that you know, you could tell that they were upset about the interception, but they were saying you could see on the on Dak was talking to Turpin, I believe, and he they were looking at like, I'm coming back to that again, and they did.
Speaker 4: And they did, and he didn't get one right.
Speaker 5: That's what he said, man, that this is gonna work. I just the pressure came and you could see that they went overly upset.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I thought I was turning.
Speaker 4: This downness, gracious worse.
Speaker 3: Nate was trying to turn it down. I thought, since we were talking about specific plays, that I might want to go look at the plays, and so I'm calling it up now because nobody knew what we what to happen on the second down play, so I was thought I'd look it up and then trying to help the show.
Speaker 4: The fourth down play, Uh, that must have been the first target to Brooks and he really wasn't open. Although he fell down, he tried well, got nothing else. The sideline erupt.
Speaker 2: This guy was double This guy was double team. He was double team.
Speaker 3: Take your pick, man, And there were okay, I'm looking at on the first down play, there was a line of four forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: I said two there were.
Speaker 3: There were three of them in the line of Sidney in the window, all three exactly. There were There were three forty nine ers between DAK and CD, and then there was a fourth who was covering CD on the back.
Speaker 5: Exagerating, I think it was two and then the third. But yeah, let's go with let's go ahead.
Speaker 3: All right, let me show I'm going to show it to you just a second.
Speaker 2: I remember that, I remember the play.
Speaker 3: All right, second hold on, I got freezing at the right place.
Speaker 5: I asked my son, what you trying? Is he playing talking practice? And what's going on?
Speaker 3: All right, there's one two three in their CD.
Speaker 2: Oh man, uh yeah, that was weird, all right?
Speaker 3: So down the second down play, I got the condensed version here, so I'm running through it quickly.
Speaker 4: I Thinkay just threw it away.
Speaker 3: And it was a four man rush and he's flushed out to his right and he threw to the sideline where Ferguson was out of bounds and someone was guarding. Yeah, there was no There was just a Ferguson and a forty nine or they were both out of bounds. And then was the pass down the sideline to Turpen. What's the third because it was basically a scrambled girl and they pushed him out of bounds.
Speaker 2: I guess that's just lazy.
Speaker 3: So then on the fourth down, then flushed out to the right and.
Speaker 4: He must have been Brooks, and Brooks was double covered so he didn't have a shot.
Speaker 3: Well, and it was the issue was you had Bosa coming from the right his left.
Speaker 4: He had to unload it, and then you.
Speaker 3: Also had actually no, yeah, that's the previous play.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. If I'm Ferguson, I gotta get open. I'm gotta get open. I shouldn't be standing out of bounds. I don't know why he's out of bound.
Speaker 4: Well because he got flushed over there and he probably finished his route.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, now you you scramble, scrambled, drill, you don't just stand out of bounds. You might as well, you know, make a play or just stop. I mean, they're both standing out of the bounds. That's not what he should be. I'm sorry he got.
Speaker 3: I watched it again, and uh, he ran and out and he got pushed out of bound. He was on the sideline, he got pushed out of bounce. Well it was.
Speaker 2: What I'll show.
Speaker 4: You only they only had the ball for twenty twenty two seconds.
Speaker 3: All right, it's coming.
Speaker 5: You know, this is my this is my tough guy. You know I need you back in bounds. He needs you back in bounds.
Speaker 3: So what do you tell me what you're saying?
Speaker 2: I saw him just ran route to the sideline.
Speaker 3: And then he got pushed out of bound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, don't they pushed out of bounds. You know you're pretty strong guy, Pretty sure you can push back. Okay, and that was that.
Speaker 4: So tell me when you when they got the ball back with three h five, you were thinking, oh, this could happen.
Speaker 5: I was trying not to be optimistic. I really you know, I was trying not to be optimistic.
Speaker 2: Because it's too good to be true.
Speaker 5: Yeah. At this point that my daughter had just come home and she's like, oh my god, what just happened?
Speaker 2: Because she missed the whole third quarter driving home?
Speaker 3: Did she really yeah?
Speaker 2: About she?
Speaker 3: She thought the Cowboys won twenty four to nine.
Speaker 5: She thought we were getting dogged out because she missed the entire third. She missed the entire third. Yes, she missed the entire third.
Speaker 3: Which would have been Did she miss the twenty one and nothing run?
Speaker 2: See? She missed that one? But did she also?
Speaker 3: But she a scoreboard and she saw that it was twenty seven to ten when she came back. All right, okay, anything else from your legal pad before we wrap it up.
Speaker 4: M No McCarthy was we got to keep working, got to stop the run.
Speaker 3: Well, the Cowboys right now are in the same position San Francisco is in twenty four hours ago a three and four record, So.
Speaker 4: So now go The battle cry is we got to get to four and four.
Speaker 3: At Atlanta, a first place team home against Philadelphia, a second place team home against Houston, a first place team at Washington at first place.
Speaker 4: Yep, it ain't easy.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 4: But there are ten games left.
Speaker 3: Ever since, looking at the schedule, are you counting.
Speaker 2: W's No, I'm looking at mountains and peaks all in front of us.
Speaker 4: No valleys, too many.
Speaker 3: Valleys, too many talking about mountains to climb.
Speaker 2: Well, can't wait for that, can't wait, giants.
Speaker 3: And then Carolina comes shortly after that. I don't know. So there's your run right there. Wow, that's why you get This is the most critical stretch right here. You got to get to Thanksgiving around five hundred, right, and then you make your run.
Speaker 2: And you better hope that the commanders hit.
Speaker 3: The low first thing you need. You need Mike and Micah back on the field in Atlanta on Sunday. Okay, all right, and we'll talk about it again tomorrow here on.
Speaker 2: Mickshot No Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.