Speaker 1: How many vaccine we need?
Speaker 2: Tell me, okay, we make thirty minutes. What if someone wants more? Take the vaccine? You know, tells you take one clove of garlic every day, swallow it home. You don't take the vaccine, take it, I give it to you. You take it right now. Insist it is yours. I already administered. Oh yes, here about in a crystal pol Take some vaccine home, give it to family.
Speaker 1: You come to zoom church last week.
Speaker 2: Please, I have to watch and I put a vaccine in tupperware where else she has to be. I give you Mela mccardo, and I give you vaccine all in one big tupperware turkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good mornings. Swirl Then, welcome to the Noduks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Friday, January twenty ninth. This is the drop hashtag full Squad on Jay Skis and alongside mean Mister, what you need to know tass Mellis.
Speaker 3: What I need to know is JD.
Speaker 4: Where did that cold open come from?
Speaker 3: TikTok? Baby, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, Greeks are on TikTok?
Speaker 4: Who knew?
Speaker 1: You got the bass master? Ripping them lips? Tray Kirby.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, the international man.
Speaker 1: Of mystery taking it to the max. Lee ellis friend, last, but not least, making the magic happin.
Speaker 6: It's JD.
Speaker 3: Hello, there he is here.
Speaker 1: We are shout out to the stream team joining us live right now on YouTube. We see you, we feel you, we are you. Last night we eclipsed twenty eight thousand subscribers, So thank you, thank you, thank you. Let's inch our way to thirty thousand. Please keep liking the videos, commenting on the videos, sharing the No Dunks videos. The Classic Factory was humming yesterday. Oh my production through the roof. We dropped our second edition of NBA Whoopsies, the Hoops and the bloops. That's up. If you haven't watched that, go check that one out on our No Dunks YouTube channel page. Lee pop pack of cards with animal planets Coyote Peterson. That was fun and we had a blast last night kicking it with fans during our first ever NBA Happy Hour. We jumped on at halftime of the Rockets Blazers and stuck around for what do we end up doing there? Almost ninety minutes I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, breaking down the game, talking exclusively basketball, the numbers, the x's and the o's, the rotations, the personnel. If you want hardcore basketball talk, go listen to that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean it's almost too much.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We got to lighten up a little bit next time and we do the NBA Happy Hour. Yeah, but that was a lot of fun. So thanks to everybody that joined us live last night or have watched it a little bit later. We appreciate it. If you're just a listener to the podcast, you know we're not dropping that in the podcast feed. That is just up on the YouTube page, So go check it out. You might like it, especially if you like the x's I knows just breaking down the game play by play. No, it's a lot of fun, all right. Keep your questions in your comments coming for next week's Beach Step in podcasts. Email them in best way to get them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot com, or can try your hand at leaving a question in the YouTube comments or tweet them in at No Dunksinc. And finally here immaculate items always available at No dunks dot com. We've got coming very very soon, maybe as soon as later today, but definitely on Monday six or seven, New No Dunks designs for you to rep the brand. So shout out to Breaking Tea dot com. Baby loving this collab with them, so go check that out. No dunks dot Com. All right, it's a drop. We got Worse of the Week task. You got some nominees for us or just one biggie?
Speaker 4: Oh, we got a few, but okay, there are also biggie even amongst themselves.
Speaker 7: They're big men. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting, Okay, that's Worse of the Week. We got rapid firefun near the end, and we will touch briefly on last night's games. We'll fly through those only four on but I teased it.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 1: It's Friday. We know that NBA All Star voting is open. You can start casting your votes filling out your ballots for the starters on NBA dot com. On the NBA app, you can get crazy and tweet in your favorite players too. Up to ten names a day. Got to include the hashtag NBA All Star if you do that. But why don't we do it ourselves?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Why don't we debate who should be right now? You know, late January, who should be the ten starters for the All Star Game?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Whether we're not we even have an All Star game. We still don't know, but we're naming them. So this should be fun. So tax you're going to get a started. We're going to start in the Eastern Conference. Who are your five All Star Eastern Conference starters? Got to keep in mind you need two backcourt spots, three front court spots. You let us know and then we'll see or not figure out whether we agree or disagree. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the fu guys that I ended up with could actually be the starters win it. When they are announced, whether or not there's a game, there will be starters and reserves announced. And I picked mine in the the order I thought of them. All Right, that's where I'm gonna go with here. It ended up it ended up being three bigs and two littles, But this is the way I thought of mine. This was the you know, the order of how they deserved it, or the ones that deserved in my opinion. So first I thought, Joel Embiid done. He's you know, he's just prominent in my mind. He's killing it all over the place. He's having his best year. He's having his best year shooting threes, but he's not taking a ton of them. He's having his best year shooting from the mid range. He's just phenomenal MVP candidate. And I thought Kevin Durant, he's kind of back to normal, maybe better than normal. His percentages are anyway second in the NBA and scoring thirty p p g.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: So those are two big men spots, yep. And then the third one was also a big men for me. It's Giannis who's got to be there. We debated when we were debating a lot of basketball last night whether it could be de Matta Sabonis in one of those spots. Dematas Sabonis is almost assuredly going to be an All Star, and that's a heck of a compliment to be amongst that conversation, to be amongst the conversation with him, B Durant and Giannis. For Sabonis, that's great, I'll be Jannis is averaging twenty seven to ten and a half and five and a half assists, and those numbers are drop off from last year, that's true, but that's how good he fricking is. So those three guys are my forwards, my backcourt. And the fourth man I thought about was Bradley Beal thirty five points per game, even though his team is stinky. We can debate that. I think he is deserved of an All Star appearance. And the last guy, I guess this is where it gets controversial. It's Jalen Brown twenty seven points per game, eighth in the NBA career high field goal percentage three point percentage, keeping the Celtics afloat while Jason Tatum was out. Now the debate there at the guard spots probably James Harden. But I couldn't give it to a guy who showed up late for camp. I didn't seemingly want to be there, was parting it up. It's impossible to give it to him, I think. And plus he played in the Western Conference. I don't really Oh, oh.
Speaker 1: Talks that James hard and oh he's back, he's back.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, we lost you there at the end when you were telling us a little bit about James Harden. MM.
Speaker 4: Well, for me, there's no chance you put him in the All Star Game to start. But I'm I'm not all high and mighty.
Speaker 7: I can't. I can put him in as a reserve.
Speaker 4: That's cool with me. I've got rules, but not like steadfast rules. Okay, he can be a backup. Zach Levine's probably in that conversation, but I'm happy with Himbie Durant, Janis, Bradley Beal, and Jalen Brown.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think lea of tasks five guys there? As he just went through them again, Embi, Jannis Katie and then the guards. I think it is a little more interesting maybe than the three forward spots for starters. We're just talking starters here. He's got Jayalen Brown and Bradley Beal, two guys you love. So what do you think of that?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: And I've got exactly the same five, And I thought I thought Bradley Beal would probably be one that does cause a little bit of a conflict here between us because he's having such a great individual season, but the Wizards completely stink. And so do you rewarded guy who's putting up leading the league and scoring at thirty five a game over other guys, you know, like a Zach Lavine who's not having as good a numbers as Bradley Beal, but his team's having much better success.
Speaker 5: And I know that is someone who trade.
Speaker 8: I mean, the Bulls are back We've heard that all season long, but I ultimately did choose Beale because I think it's like, it's hard to leave a guy out averaging thirty five a game. And with Jalen Brown, I think he has not only improved his statistical numbers, he's just taken that leap this season to become a legit star player.
Speaker 5: He was unlucky.
Speaker 8: I think I had him last year actually to make the All Star team, and he didn't. I think this year he definitely will. I think Tatum is probably the other one who would have really been hard to keep out of the starting lineup if he hadn't missed a few games here. You know, I don't know exactly who we would have replaced because embiid Giannis and Kevin around are all having great seasons, but it certainly would have made it more a better conversation, but I ultimately left him out. Now he'll make the reserves, no question about it. So yeah, I have exactly the same five, and I think bal and Brown are deserving. I think there are other guys absolutely deserving of those spots, But for me, it came down to just think I think Brown's legit as a superstar and I think that Bradley bial at thirty five points a game, it's hard to keep him out of the starting lineup.
Speaker 1: What do you think, TK Beal? Is he in there? Thirty five points per game? It's nice. The numbers are impressive. His team's three and eleven. They stink. Are we gonna hold out against him?
Speaker 6: They stink. The only time you ever see Bradley Bial is he's scoring a whole bunch of points, this team is losing.
Speaker 1: And he looks sad.
Speaker 7: Get him out of here.
Speaker 6: I got Trey Young replacing Bradley Beal. That's my only change. Trey Young. His numbers aren't what Bradley Beal's are unless you're looking at the W column, and then they're a lot higher. The Hawks had a lot of hype coming into this season, and it's basically been their team from last year that's been doing it. They're playing at five hundred ball. He's Trey Young as a eleventh in scoring in the league. He's fourth and assists. I just think he's had a little bit more impact on the league than Bradley Beal has. All we ever talk about with him is scoring about a whole bunch of points, losing and should he be traded? That to me is not necessarily all star level. So yeah, give me Trey Young. I had a Bradley Bial easily.
Speaker 1: What's ironic about that, though, is if Bal is selected, you know, if the fans want him, and of course he gets the twenty five percent of the media vote and twenty five percent of the who's the final one the players? Right, they have a little bit of saying this, do I have that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I can never remember that. Beal making it if he as a starter, would be sort of similar to Trey Young right last year making it as a starter on a team at last year at least when the Hawks were like underperforming, didn't have a ton of wins, but he was putting up those monster numbers and that was the big debate where Trey Young got his first selection. But sort of similar here with Bill. So you have Trey Young over Bial, but no problem with Jayalen Brown as the other guard. And the bigs are the three that Testa started us off with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that those four are locks.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 6: In the Eastern Conference, you got to have a Celtic in there. Jalen Brown has been the most consistent Celtic you know, Kemball was out at the start of the season. Tatum obviously missed a little bit of time with COVID nineteen. So Jalen Brown's been carrying the team and he's been awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't disagree with where you guys are going. The beal is interesting because there are a lot of other guards and I think it's not just Trey Young in the mix, he said, Zach Lavine, you know, Harden is still James Harden and is still one of the best players in the game. Kyrie Irving has got to be in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: He's only played twelve games. Lee, you might hold that against him. Colin Sexton, your boy, incredible numbers on a team, impressing a lot of people at five hundred the Cavs are he's only played thirteen games. And then the big Braga doga Malcolm Brogden. You know, as we've talked about a little bit before as a potential guard. Now, I don't think he's starting. I don't think he's on that level of some of these other guys, But does he get in there? And then I say all that to get to the point back to beial, is it possible Bradley Beal, Like, we have him starting in this game, but is it possible he doesn't even make the team because of all these guards I just listed, Like, at the end of the day, if he doesn't get selected as a starter, is he a guaranteed lock from the coaches task? Yep, he's a reserve. He's in there. He's leading the league in scoring. I don't care if his team sucks. I'm not I'm not one hundred percent sure that's the case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's totally true.
Speaker 4: Trey Young got in last year as a starter, right, so it would be hard I think for coaches to look at the standings and pick a guy at the bottom. That's kind of the stance that coaches taken. That's why I'm a little surprised that Tray Kirby is taking that stance. Usually he's not a coach man. Usually he's an offense man.
Speaker 7: He's trying.
Speaker 4: Bradley Beal's putting up like nine more points a game than Trey Young, So I thought you'd be in Bradley Beal's corner.
Speaker 6: I'm in his corner. He's an All Star, no doubt about it, but he shouldn't be starting I mean, yeah, he's leading the league in scoring, but it does not matter at all. I mean, James Harden couldn't lead the league in scoring every single season, and it's a debate about if he should be a starter for the All Star Game his team was winning games. I don't think it's a I mean, beal, that's cool, man, Like, that's awesome. I like to see the points.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 6: I like to see the highlight, but every single highlight ends with him like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that's not his fault at all to me. To me, that's not his fault. I mean Trey Young is he hasn't had an overwhelmingly great season. He's been good enough, but he you know, he hasn't been great. He just he hasn't played up to his capabilities either. So yeah, like Levigne should be in the conversation, I think Trey should be in the conversation.
Speaker 7: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Bial The thing they got going for them is that they haven't played a lot of games, which is kind of dumb to say, because they've had so many guys out that maybe they can, you know, make their record kind of look respectable before the coaches have to check a box, so maybe that they have that going for them. Yeah, they are horrendous. They are very bad, and they've got like eight guys playing for them every single night. So it's a it's it's the worst situation in the NBA, I think in terms of, you know, the COVID situation and guys just being in and out of the lineup.
Speaker 1: Something tells me Beale will get a lot of fan votes because people want to free him from Washington and he's top of mind, always go on for forty and forty five every night.
Speaker 6: And they're over estimating how many Wizards fans there are. I don't think Bradley Beal is like a beloved Heightens guy. He hasn't even really been touching All Star starter status in the past, especially amongst the fan votes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: So so you think it'd be more likely that Trey Young han't gotten the vote of course last year by a lot of the fans and stuff like that, and still the Hawks are decent that he's more likely just pull in more votes. Yeah, that's true, that's possible.
Speaker 4: I think Bradley Beal had that interview last year with Chris Haynes where he was extremely angry that he was I think somewhere like tenth amongst guards in All Star voting.
Speaker 7: It was back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's way down there in terms of popularity. You know, he's number one in le Allis's heart, there's no doubt, but he's down there in terms of guards like Trey Young.
Speaker 7: Yet I'm around it.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I keep seeing like Sports Center tweeting, like another awesome game from Bradley Beal, and Trey said, like sad look on his face, and everyone's like free Bradley Bial Free Bradley Bill free blow. But yeah, that doesn't mean it's going to translate into votes for sure. Well.
Speaker 8: The other thing is as well, he's not just putting up horrific numbers on bad shooting splits or anything like he's forty eight percent from the field, thirty seven percent from downtown, ninety percent basically from the line, and getting the five rebounds of five assists and a steal in a half a game. So he's he's it's not like he's putting it up on just horrid percentages where no one else is doing anything at all because all the defense is coming to him. So he's having an efficient season, it's just the Wizards themselves stuck.
Speaker 1: So do you think Hardin and Kyrie sort of, you know, wash each other out too with their potential, you know, likelihood of starting this game at.
Speaker 8: Least, Yeah, I think it would be tough to have both of them in and Kevin Durant on that team. I think with James Harden, I think it's fair to only take into account his time in Brooklyn so far to this point and now his numbers from He's played seven games for the Nets and he played eight for the Rockets, and his numbers are pretty much identical. But I just think you have to discount out those first games in Houston because he just his attitude and his body language just wasn't there.
Speaker 5: But out of the two he and Kyrie, because Kyrie.
Speaker 8: Just kind of took some time off as well, I think that probably hurts Kyrie's chances. So Harden's probably slightly ahead, but I just feel they could both still get in because they're both star players. But I feel it would be tough to have three Nets guys. If the Nets are only sort of middle of the pack in terms of win losses in the Eastning Conference.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bean Town Boys were crazy. I think if Jalen Brown is not selected as a starter over like another net like like you're saying, like a hard inner, Kyrie, I think Jaalen Brown has a really good chance to actually get in there as a starter, which is damn impressive. If that happens, Zach Lavine, I would just love the bulls Tray. I know they are back, but if they were ten and seven right now instead of seven and ten, oh man, it would be very very easy. I think to go like guys scoring twenty seven a game on unbelievable shooting percentages and you'd be like, oh, yeah, he's in right now. But I don't know there's a record obviously, does leave a little bit left to be desired.
Speaker 6: Unless you're three and eleven, then you can be a starter. I can't believe it. I can't believe that you guys are the ones who are supporting Zach Levine for an all star starter case. But I love to hear it. He was going to be my guy that I'm backing as a potential underrated guy who needs a little bit of love. You saw a tweet from Dwayne Wade last night saying, get Zach Levine in the All Star Game. He needs to be there. Twenty seven, five and five. He's fifth in the league in scoring fifty forty eighty seven percent from the free throw line. The final piece of the Bulls being back will be having an All Star. So yeah, I definitely think Zach Levine is an All Star. I don't have him as a starter. You're right. If they're ten and seven, perhaps he is. If they would have won one of those maybe two of those games when they lost four in a row by a combined eleven points. If he makes one of those step back threes, has a couple of more game winners under his belt, then you maybe have him as a starter. But definitely I got him in as an All Star when it's reserved time.
Speaker 1: All right, So we mostly agree Embiid Yannis Katie as the frontcore players, and then Jalen Brown. We all have and then it's either beal because you're just like man twenty five points per game. I don't care if his team stinks or TK gone with the other tray in Trey Young. Right now, let's get to that question that you just sort of pitched there too, Trey. I want you to dream big here, Lee I'll go to you first, you know, go to bat for a guy in the East who's underrated that deserves some consideration. And I'm not talking starters here, just like moving forward that you want to go to bat four and say this guy deserves a look for actually making the team when the coaches make their selections, who you got.
Speaker 5: I'm going with the.
Speaker 8: Sex Man because it started out all a bit of fun and games there with the Cavs, and they got off to a hot start. But and he has missed a few games. They only played thirteen games, but he's scoring twenty five point two points a game on fifty two percent shooting and forty seven percent from downtown and getting for assists the game. Now, the Caves themselves are nine to nine, okay, so their record isn't great, but it's been more than just a sort of flash in the pan here from Sex and he's been playing really good basketball. And you know again that that record is better than I think a lot of us expected to have the Cleveland Cavaliers in at this point of the season. I thought they were going to be way worse than they are. But does he get in over someone like Malcolm Brogden who's putting up nice numbers himself at twenty three points a game on forty six percent shooting and seven assists a game. But it's the Paces and the Pacers are having a better season in terms of win losses than the Cleveland Cavaliers. But because Brogden doesn't stand out, doesn't have a lot of highlight plays, does that hurt his case and help someone like a Sexton who has been you know, the prettiest kid in school at the moment this year because it's like, wow, I look at the cars, it's a great story. They're great fun to ok there from sax Land, you know, And so do the coaches go, well, listen. I think Brogden is one of those guys who's been overlooked probably the last season or two, and he deserves to get in. Or do we just go with someone who's like having a fun season and catching a few more eyes in, someone like Colin Sexton. So I think they're both deserving, but I don't think they both get in because again you're going to have someone like, you know, Zach Lavine, I think is a pretty much a lock for an All Star Berth at this point, I'd be shocked if he didn't make it. And then you've got someone like Ben Simmons as well. I mean Ben Simmons on his team, you know he's going to be in consideration as well, even though he doesn't have those huge numbers, but his team's very, very successful and they're winning a lot. And then again we've got the hardened Kyrie situation. So I think when you break it all down, someone like a Sexton or Malcolm Brogden is going to miss out. Though at this point of the season where we sit today, I think both are deserving. But I just wonder does Brogden being on the paces hurt him because it's just kind of overlooked and he's not a flashy player.
Speaker 1: I think you can lock that in that you're right, one of those guys, be at Brogden or Sexton, or maybe even both are not ultimately selected. So yeah, that'll hurt because they've both had really good years and surprised a lot of people. In Sexton case. Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: So the Eastern Conference, though, like Leah saying, Harden and Kyrie will probably make the game spoiler alert, they're still All Stars, even if the way that he James Harden left Houston was distasteful. Kyrie Irving taking a couple of weeks off distasteful. There's still going to be All Stars. Like you guys are saying, Zach Lavine likely a Locke. There's not a lot of guard spots left out there, so I kind of think Sexton and Brogden might be left in the cold because they both got big men All Stars on their team as well. Boner, no doubt, is an All Star you guys are talking about potentially as a starter. I think you can lock him in, and I think Andre Drummond is the guy that's going to get in from the Cleveland Cavaliers. He's leading the league in rebounding. He's been very entertaining. He had the clip where he just stopped playing for a little bit, held the ball there. He's been grabbing that big beef, and he has been instrumental to the Cavs turnaround, cleaning up on defense, running the court, making plays here and there. I think that Boner and Drummond are both going to definitely be making the All Star team, which makes it tough. It makes it tough for to get two All Stars from the Caves and the pacers. Once you start adding things up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got All Stars, and you're really you're driving home two nicknames this year. It's hard to drive home two nicknames. Got Beef and Boner, I mean Boner, Beef, Beef and Boner at this.
Speaker 3: In the same breath.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be tough. One's gonna make the All Star team for sure. I'll nickname all starts. One will be appearing at All Start weekend, probably here in Atlanta that they're seemingly gonna have, which is nuts.
Speaker 1: I think it's more likely Boner's in over Beef. I'm not convinced Drummond, despite the monster numbers, you made a great case TK, but you know, I go through some other bigs like bam Is Bam a Locke. I know the Heat stink, but he was already an All Star. That always helps with the coaches too. They sort of like just to run it back. And it's not like he's gotten worse. If anything, he looks even more impressive. And maybe these numbers are not gonna wow you, but he's a twenty what nine and six guy and he's been there. Their only real rock there on the Heat with Butler playing missing, so many games and then Tatum like we said, that's a forward. Yeah, I just don't know. I start, you start running out of spots, and then I'll go to bat for my guy here who I think will be in the mix, who I've compared before already to Chris Middleton. It's Tobias Harris, who's having a really incredible season. Now you brought up Ben Simmons. That's interestingly because it's like, is Simmons even the second best player on the Sixers right now? Or does Tobias Harris deserve that? Now Simmons brings it out eventively, but that defensive you know, they don't care about the that in the All Star Game so much. But Tobias Harris twenty seven and three, his shooting splits fifty two from the floor, forty six from three to eighty two at the line, and his numbers again compare him to Middleton really really close. And if you're the best team in the East, are you a lock to get two All Stars? In that case? You know, we've seen it with the Bucks before, like Middleton making it and deservedly so in my mind. With Giannis over a couple of years, last couple of years, so I think the case is being made for Tobias Harris over Simmons and then over some of these other bigs that were maybe thrown out there. If the Sixers have the number one record in the East for sure, for sure, what do you think, Lee?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, that's the thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, sometimes a team can be a good team and not have that clear cut number two option. And that's the thing, like if you look at the imagine they got three All Stars with a superior an inferior record to the Sixers, and the Sixers only got one. I mean, because that is also possible. Yeah, you know, Ben Simmons may miss out from the guard spot because he doesn't put up those huge numbers even though he's got you know, he's averaging about eight rebounds, eight assists, and you know, a dozen points a game. But he he is their second best player, even if Harris is you know, perhaps had a little bit of better of a run here, and certainly he's been better under Doc Rivers than he was under Brett Brown there Harris, So it's one of those weird things. I mean, if Simmons was nearly to be traded this season and then to get overlooked for an All Star birth to one of his teammates. I mean he would he'd probably not be too happy with all that right now, even though we wouldn't take it out on Tobias Harris, but he would just feel pretty much slighted and snubbed. I think, so, yeah, it's you know, drummer. Drummond is also another very very interesting case because he is just putting up monster numbers and he's been a two time All Star and he's never done in back to back years.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, you know, he has.
Speaker 8: These huge numbers, that's All Star numbers you're in, but then it's kind of like it doesn't really contribute to winning. But this season it has been and he's been doing so much more for his team. So, uh yeah, I can't wait till we get into the reserves and the nitty gritty because this season just feels different as well, doesn't it. They just it just doesn't seem like it has in the past. Like the Raptors today, I don't think they get any old stuff.
Speaker 1: They get they get nobody for sure.
Speaker 8: But by the time we make the reserve selections, if they go on a bit of a run, I mean it might be Fred van.
Speaker 6: Vleet, I mean joby, Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't believe we went twenty five minutes to start this podcast without talking about I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I don't think they get anybody lee even with a run. I don't I'm gonna Beckham. I don't think it's lowry anymore of vi in Vleet. I could hear your case for him? Oh gee, maybe does he have the best case of the four of them. Maybe it's not happening. They don't deserve one either.
Speaker 7: Really no, no, they're not getting one. Let's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if you're taking Drummond on pure like massive numbers on a five hundred team, great, what about Vucevic?
Speaker 5: God man, I'm being.
Speaker 1: Serious here though. If you're like goo to make a case for eighty, you can make the exact same case for Vooch, who's been an All Star, who's putting up even better numbers than he ever has twenty four, eleven and four on really good shooting numbers, two fifty, forty four and eighty two the splits, you know, a pr of twenty five that's one of the tops in the league, like the Magic Are you know a five hundred is team eight and eleven, Well, five hundred ish team.
Speaker 6: You cannot bring up a record if you're putting Bradley Beal in your starters, do not care what any other team's record is, right starting a guy that's three and eleven.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying I think Vooch is right there with Adn't. I don't know what do you think tests I.
Speaker 4: Think the guy who gets the sort of snowball effect from the last couple of seasons. Because the Milwaukee Bucks are still good as Chris Middleton, I think he's still gonna make it. His numbers are better this year and they're still in the second seed, even though we kind of overlooked them. They've got a great point differential. I think he'll get in over any second sixer, over Ben Simmons or Tobias Harris. I think he would get there. And I think they are gonna the coaches are gonna look at bam Adebayo real hard and heavy over somebody like Andre Drummond because BAM's numbers are real good compared to last year. He's up like four plus points per game, his percentages are up, He's having a career year and he had. He doesn't have Jimmy Butler's weight hanging him hanging, you know, bringing him down. Because Jimmy Butler isn't making the All Star team. He's been out three weeks almost here. That's a lot of weeks in this shortened season. So I think the yeah, that what will come down to is probably like a Bam Drummond for me, And I think BAM's you know, he's just.
Speaker 7: He's a number one.
Speaker 4: He's a better player. I guess that's why he probably gets in. But yet, you know, other coaches have to game plan for him, and Colin Sexton maybe takes away a little shine from Andre Drummond while the Heat don't have another guy to take away Bam shines. So yeah, I know, Chris, I know, Chris Middleton isn't the sexy name, but man, the guy keeps doing it and he lacka man. Yeah, everybody talks about him on every broadcast. He is doing this fifty forty ninety. But yeah, when when the boxer check, when fans are voting, they probably don't vote Chris Middleton. It's like a Bradley Beale situation. Not real high on the ballots, but coaches respect that man, and he's become more of a number one scorer on the Milwaukee Bucks team, even though he doesn't lead the team in scoring, not even close to Jannest, but is their ball handler at the end of the games a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move over to the West, Trey, we're gonna give you this one, your five All Star Western Conference starters A getting two guards, three forwards. Where you're going, big guy, let me do this task Melis style.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you I hadn't thought of it this way, but I like it. Mellis style. Right here, I'll tell you as I thought of them. Who should be the All Stars? Number one, Lebron James. I think he's gonna make it this year. I got him as a starter. I think he'll do all right in the fan though he's one of my forwards. Number two that I thought about, perhaps controversial. Steph Curry, Okay, I just want him in there. I mean, he's obviously not having an MVP season. The Warriors haven't been great. They've had some ups and some downs, but come on, Steph Curry still an All Star for me. Then I got Kawhi Leonard as my third guy. I thought about fifty forty ninety. He is at twenty five points per game. The Clippers are balling. Sorry, we talked about OG before we got to the Clippers, but we had to do the Eastern Conference then the Western Conference. Nikola Jokic is my biggest of big men also starting. He's an MVP candidate and the last guard. I was working hard to keep him out. If I'm being completely honest here, I could have gone for Damian Lillard, I could have gone for Donovan Mitchell, but the Donk Man, the guy's at basically a triple double right now. He's been playing MVP basketball since the second week of the season. The Mavericks have just been kind of decimated by health and safety protocols. They're not making shots, but don Chech is still performing out there. So that's my five steph Luka, Kawhi, Lebron, and Nikola Jokic.
Speaker 1: Those are the exact five guys I ultimately decided on too, And like you said, I was the exact same way with Luca, just because I was like, Ah, is there anyone else that's deserving of that other guard spot? And I was like, no, there's not there really isn't. And it's funny with Curry, I think you could throw Lebron in there, and Yo honis in the East. These guys are all having like down years for them really, you know, statistically, but they're still like all NBA incredible seasons and it's like there's still no brainers for starting an All Star Game, like the three of those guys, these are not. It's amazing to me when you look at the numbers that all three of them have right now, and it's like a again, it's like a bad year for them over their last couple. It's just sort of like mind blowing. But I got them in there too. Leally, is there anyone else you want to make a case for it to be starting in the West, Well.
Speaker 8: I want to make a case for Donovan Mitchell because his team is doing so well, but I don't think he's had a better season than Steph Curry or don chicch in terms of pure you know numbers there. But I just think the Jazz playing obviously the best basketball right now, and in fact, they've got themselves to the top of the Western Conference with the Lakers having dropped a couple of games there lately, so the Jazz having won ten straight fourteen and four, you know, great defense. Mitchell obviously missed their last game, but prior to that, I mean he's balling. But his numbers, again, they're sort of middle of the road numbers, you know, in terms of in terms of when you're compared, like like he's only averaging twenty three point four points a game, five assists, and four and a half rebounds. So it's not like he's out there just torching teams by himself. But that's the Jazz Is way, isn't it. You know, they have team players, you know, Rudy Gobert. I think Mitchell and Gobert ultimately both make the team, but trying to get them into the starting lineup stuff. Jokic absolutely deserves to be in there. Of course, Lebron is as well, so Kawhi and the Clippers. I mean, they've been a little bit off the radar lately because they haven't been playing, and Paul George is also having a very good season, So I think I think George and Kawhi make it. I think Kawhi probably gets that starting not but you could probably make a case for Paul George is her guard is he a fourd who knows he's.
Speaker 2: A four.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a forward. I was trying to game the system last night. I was trying to move Kawhi Leonard up to my second guard there with Steph Curry so I could get go Bear and Jokic in the starting lineup. We've been going too long without these big guys. Now we're thrown out two huge guys in the starting lineup. No more Lebron jumping center. We want the giants, but you'll get you at the point guard spot. There you go the guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's interesting, like of the five that Trey you know through out there to start, and I agree with Yeah, Paul George is a is a big omission because he's played incredible basketball so far. But it's tough with Kawhi there and then Anthony Davis tests right, I mean it's a It's like, I'm not saying he should be in these five starting I think he'll be an All Star, but like, that's pretty wild that he's that he's not in the mix. He's having a bit of a down year all things considered for him. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's headed himself. He said you know, he told Chris Webber in a long diatribe last week when he got the mic, and Chris Webbers said, how do you feel going into this year? And he just he just talked and talked and talked like he was in the chair like I'm just just don't have my flow. It can't find it. And so it's okay not to be as good as Jokic, Lebron and Kawhi to start this season. Those guys are phenomenal. The guard spots are where I differ a little bit, as Steph Curry I got in there. I guess the guard spot is where I differ. I would take Dame over Doncic at this point. Dacic's numbers solid as always, but he told us he wasn't in great shape and his three point percentage shows that shooting it it's bad. Yeah, he's just and he had to sit a little bit. Dame's numbers are phenomenal, shooting on good percentages, and so I would still take him scoring more than Luca. You know, if Dallas had some better players around Luca, his record could be better. That would help out. Same with Dame in a crazy way, although they're you know a little bit about five hundred, a bit better than the MAVs. I think Dame's been there night in and night out, and so I would take him over Luca, who Yeah, he's freaking phenomenal. But I've got standards in the in the Eastern Conference. James Harden, you come into camp fat. You can be a reserve, but you can't be a starter. Luca, you come into camp just a little bit Chubb. You can't be a starter. You can be a reserve. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: You're coming off the bench this year, and that'll teach you to come into camp healthy.
Speaker 1: I think it's there for the taking for that spot, that second spot. In terms of the fans for Luca or Dame, Like if one of them just goes on a monster monster run here and their team gets some victories, I think like that's up in the air. That one is tough. You know, people love Dame. Of course Luca gets the votes too. There's a huge you know, swelling and support for him too. But it's it's there. I think Curry, you can sort of lock in again despite having sort of a weird down year. It's not it's not. I mean, he didn't play last year. Because he was injured, but the year before that and the year prior to that, but yeah, we will see. All right, let's get to the final question here and I'll get it started. Is it's the same thing as we did in the East. Underrated West player that deserves some consideration. Do you have any idea where I'm going to go with this one? You know, I gotta start doing it. I got I gotta strum up the support, even if it doesn't pay off for this year. I gotta start thinking ahead for next year with that bet that Tray and I have. It's Shay Gildess Alexander, who Look, if I'm being honest, it's gonna be tough for him to actually make the team, but he's deserving. He is really putting up incredible numbers on a team that surprised a lot of people. Twenty two and a half points per game, five and a half boards, six and a half assists, fifty percent from the floor, thirty eight from three great and okay, see is I still I think they're eight and nine right now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: They're currently tied for tenth, a little too low. If the Thunder could go on a run right now, that'd be great timing to help his chances, you know, get up to fifth or six. But I was thinking about it. It's not that far fetched actually that he could could make it this year. Gonna be difficult. Here's what I mean. Curry, Luca and Dame Locks. That's three guards that are in Whether you're starting Curry and Luka or you're starting Kurran Dame, doesn't matter. The three of them are in there. How many guards are gonna be on the team? Five or six?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: You gotta hope six if SGA's gonna get in there, because then you go, all right, Harden's in the East. Good, he's out of here, Westbrook, don't worry about him. Means he's the East. He's not gonna make it anyway. Klay Thompson, of course, is injured all year, and then CJ McCollum getting injured is that's a bummer of course for him. I think he would have been a no brainer to make this team for the first time. He's gonna missed a lot of games because he's out like four weeks right at minimum, So he's probably out now again, unfortunately, but that opens up a spot maybe for an SGA. So who's he battling Donovan Mitchell. You guys said who you could make the case for starting, and then it's like Jamal Murray he hasn't had that great a year. Demart rosen AD's Derozen like year, but he always gets overlooked. John Morant, No, he played like five games. Devin Booker guy, obviously I love too. He's good. He has not wowed a lot of people. I would say this year. This is not Bubble Booker twenty three points per game. But the Suns have like come back to earth a little bit. You ain't getting any guards from the Pelicans or the Wolves, and then the Rockets are interesting with Wall and Oladipo. So I guess I'm saying all of that to say, like there's maybe that one spot if the thunder or like you know, plus five hundred, the SGA could maybe do it, maybe maybe do it. But then you got the coaches having to select a young young guy like him over a guy that's already made it in a Booker or maybe even in Ola depot or something like that. So I'll go to bat for him, and I just did. But uh, I think that BET's gonna carry over. Traded next season.
Speaker 6: And it ain't happen in this year.
Speaker 1: That's why it's gonna get really interesting next year.
Speaker 6: Get in line, SGA, Mike Conley I think would be chosen like ahead of SGA as well. And yeah, like you're you're counting down all the guards and the numbers and stuff, but on the bench it doesn't matter. Paul George can be a guard and a forward then, so he might be taking that kind of spot as well. It's just tough out there. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Great point.
Speaker 6: I'm not committed to who I'm standing for yet Skeets, but there's a chance it's gonna be Zion Williamson. I don't know if he's really an All Star. I don't know, but he's the best paint scorer since Shack and I love it. It looks like you're watching the new Charles Barkley out there, the way he slices in between guys finishes at the rim. Obviously he's not playing defense and the Pelicans aren't winning, but there was a Pelican All Star last year. Perhaps they're able to snag another one this year. I don't know if it would be Zion over brandon Ingram, but I'm preparing myself to be making Zion Williamson cases come February in March.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about U, task, who are you going to bat for?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I want to be in your corner there skeets. I want to get in the Canadians corner. I think what the photoshop boys have got to do is they gotta gotta make us a video. You gotta we gotta develop. You know, Trey's been doing a little video work. I think if you can get SGA's initials on a screen and then you know, you do a little whirldly twirly effect and all of a sudden asg materializes SJA All Star.
Speaker 1: Whoa pretty good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, coaches, get behind that tick tick boom. He's been great. But yeah, I it's it's weird.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm a huge Ion Williamson fan. Not because he's on my fantasy team, not because Luca's on my fantasy tea. I'm just I just love watching Zion. But can you bring Zion and Brandon Ingram? I know, but you know it's like Brandon Ingram is the best player on that team. Zion is probably getting the most hype on that team. But Uh, it's yeah, you get one if you're on the bench. The West is just tough, you know. The the Jazz, I think can only get.
Speaker 7: It's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we finish your thought. Were you gonna say they only get one?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: Go bar?
Speaker 1: Last year didn't they?
Speaker 4: I know, but I'm thinking about yeah, I'm thinking about Yeah. It's hard to have two reserves from the same team though, you know, unless you're a top, top team, it just doesn't happen a lot. And so h yeah, those two will get there. That's why Mike con League is highly unlikely to make it, even though he might win the Defensive.
Speaker 7: Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's and they're and they've snuck into the one seed now with the Lakers dropping down, so they should they should get two.
Speaker 1: With a bullet lee, what do you think?
Speaker 8: Well, Conley again, he is playing really good basketball considering last season. It took him some time to really figure out his way there at Utah, but he has been great for them. But it is very difficult to see the Jazz getting three. They're absolute luck forgetting the two if they continue playing the way they have lately. But yeah, to get that third one in I'm just not prepared to take or dismiss c J McCollums chances just yet. I know he is out a month, he's been out for about a week already. If he was to come back a little bit early, then he's still got plenty of time to make it, because his actual numbers are incredible this season. I mean, he's having a career high season at twenty seven points a game on forty percent shooting and forty four percent on threes, five assists, four rebounds.
Speaker 5: He's been awesome, and he's kind of like Mike Conley.
Speaker 8: He's kind of been, you know, on the periphery for a couple of seasons, but you haven't been able to make a strong case.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 8: It's like he has got a very strong case individually in terms of his numbers. So I think there's still time. He's played thirteen games to this point. You know, if he was to come back and a little bit early then and pick up exactly where he left off, then I think he does give himself a strong case. Of course, then you've got do two blazers deserve it if their numbers, if their win losses are are low, and again probably not you're probably only getting one out of here and Damian Lillard. But maybe if Lillard was to get himself as a starter, then it certainly makes it a little bit easier for CJ there to make it as a reserve. So I think he's deserving, and more so over him than over a shake Gilder Alexander in terms of just the season they've had to this point. But it really just depends on how many games and how long CJ is out, because if he's out too long, then he's just out of the he's out of the conversation. But if he can come back early, I think he's still got time.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's hear from you guys out there, who are your ten All Stars that should be starting in the game as of January twenty ninths here. You know it's early, but that's what we gotta start doing. You gotta start filling out your ballots and the you got those double days coming up, the double vote days where your vote counts twice, so those are important. Who will hit those? Will it be the Tray young fans with the Bradley Beal fans really taking advantage of those double down points days. We'll find out, but let us know in the comments who your ten All Star starters are.
Speaker 7: It's a quarter.
Speaker 4: A quarter of the season is done for some teams. It's not super early, right, it feels like usually we're talking about it even earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, we are.
Speaker 1: I think actually I think I checked last night. I went through our old notes to figure out when we started doing this, and I think it almost was the exact time. Well but hold on, that's what we would have started the season.
Speaker 4: A lotolgically, undoubtedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it is strange. It feels like, well, it's also weird because we don't even know if we're having an ul Star game. If you're impossible, there still is no game, So it's like like sort of I guess almost like why wait at that point?
Speaker 6: But we'll just be an All Star happy hour. They'll all get on a zoom together, live stream it on YouTube, and just have some laughs with their buddies.
Speaker 1: Of all the All Stars we named, which one is most likely to suffer from trapped wind.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a tough question. Who Lebron? Honestly, you know, like he's an older guy, so I imagine he has the class and the tack to keep him in just kingly farts.
Speaker 5: Answer, Lee, my guess soul.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, well we didn't mention it as an at the Star, but okay, fair enough, good, good, good good, Okay, So let's hear your ted storters as of today. Okay, quickly, last night, four games on, I'm gonna fly through the games and then Trey, you can give us a takeaway from wherever you want to go. Oladipo had twenty five points as the Rockets beat the Blazers one O four one on one. Sons snapped a three game skid. They needed this one. They rolled over the Warriors one fourteen ninety three, Clippers rally Trey from eighteen down to top to heat. Another rough loss from Miami. Clippers win one O nine to one five without Kawhi and PG again and then the Lakers without ad Lebron played, but no Anthony Davis. They fell to the Pistons one oh seven ninety two. Nice win there for Casey and the Detroit Pistons. So again there's the four games where you want to go. What was your big takeaway from last night?
Speaker 6: All our featured game of course, skeets. I don't know about you, guys, but I was paying great attention to Rockets. Blazers definitely remember what happened. But the Wow Era, it's off to a great start for the Rockets, the first time that Victor Oladipo wait, I should probably say it in letters order, Wall, Oladipo, and Wood they all started together the wow Era, and they all actually played pretty well. Twenty five for Victor Oladipo, twenty two and twelve for Christian Wood, and twenty points and six assists for John Wall. They look good. They've been the best defense in the league, as you saw going around on Twitter last night, since the James Harden trade. Their play hard. They've got a bunch of guys with chips on their shoulders. But that kind of got people angry last night. Pacers fans in particular. After the game, Victor Oladipo was interviewed. He says, going through my career, it just feels like people keep kind of quitting on me. But it's a part of life and I embrace it. Obviously he's using the way the things ended with the Pacers as motivation fair enough, but also allegedly he turned down a twenty five million dollar extension to stay in Indiana, So who quit on who here? I just think it's a very weird way to approach it. So basically, go out there and diss your fans, to dis the fan base that was there in Indiana that has been supporting you since college. I didn't love that. I didn't love that from Victor Oladipo. He's a great player, he seems to be on his way back. He's playing for a big deal come summertime. But very strange, very Paul Georgie to me and Victor Oladipo. He's not even on Paul George's level, which I mean, I've had my concerns with Paul George's level, but I don't know. I just did not like this from Victor Oladipo, the way he's making it seem like the Pacers were the ones who gave up on him, when it really felt like the Pacers were doing everything they could to build around Victor Oladipa only to see Demonta Sabonis explode as a star. I don't know if that angered Victor Oladipo, that the team kind of centered itself around Sabonis, but it didn't end well in Indiana, and he's running in their faces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little weird lely, especially like poor Pacers fans, like they've sort of gone through this before. As Trey said, with Paul George, it's like they love them, they love them, they want them around. He's our star guy. He leaves and then he sort of turns around and goes, you know, like, did they really want me there? They didn't love It's like the Pacers was like, what, yes, we did we we really really wanted you here and we loved you. So I could see why with Oladipo saying this last night at the end of the game on the broadcast, that they would be a little upset. Though, I wonder if it's just one of those classic sort of like athlete cliche throwaway lines of like I've been doubted in my whole life, you know, like they just you know that type of thing. It's possible, too.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean it is.
Speaker 4: He didn't play for the Magic, he didn't play for the Thunder before that. He could be talking about those situations too. Rights csarily just talking about the Piecers.
Speaker 1: No, he's saying every step of the way, it sounds like, so he's including the piecers. Yeah, Yeah, so Piecers fans are saying, don't include us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's the biggest step honestly, right, Like that's when Victor Oladipa really established himself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And the fact that they did reportedly offer him that extension shows that, like, hey, we did think you were a part of this future.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's weird.
Speaker 8: He had an All Star, he became an All Star there and in Indiana, I think unquestionably he was their sort of franchise player before he got injured, and they wanted to keep him. So it does seem a little bit off that he's taking shots at them and the team when all they really did from certainly from the outside from what we could see, from what I could see, they supported him and tried to tried to get the best out of him, and injuries sort of slowed him down, and then they just thought, all right, he's not a part of the team. He doesn't want to be here, so we'll trade him again.
Speaker 1: Was that actually all a depot taking a shot?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think where we're maybe reaching a little bit our Piecers fans being a little sensitive about what he said. Again after a game last night, after having a good game in a victory on a national televised game. And yeah, with the as Tree said, like with this first like real full squad there in Houston, Houston Rockets, We're tim Yeah, it's going to be good, like right with this squad, I don't know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: But John Wall sort of said the same thing about the Wizards. He said, you know, I wanted to be somewhere I was wanted, and they gave him that massive extension as well, you know, and basically just traded him at the end. It was like, all right, sure, we'll trade you. He asked to be out and they traded him for Westbrook. So yeah, I think sometimes the players just get a little bit caught up in their own get in their way a little bit, because if a franchise is giving you all that money, I mean, that's that's really their strongest way of saying, we want you to be a part of this team.
Speaker 5: We believe in you, and you know, so.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 4: I like this bond that they all have. They're all sort of feel like we're outsiders that our teams didn't want. I think they can bond over that all the you know, John Wall did want to be in Washington. They told him at the end, Yeah, we're trading you. They told him two weeks before. You're sticking around. Oladipo, you know, got moved. Whatever you think of that, Christian Wood has been released let go multiple times. DeMarcus Cousins can even be part of that crew.
Speaker 7: I think that's a.
Speaker 4: Bond that they all have, like it's us against the world. Yeah, we're going to show you guys, and uh, you know this one time it worked.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 4: Oladipo is the number one guy. I loved Victor Olidipo pre injury and he's still a very good player. But they have to use Christian Wood a little bit more, I think.
Speaker 7: I mean, he is there the.
Speaker 4: Guy who didn't undergo a major surgery amongst all those four guys, and he should be utilized a ton.
Speaker 7: They should.
Speaker 4: They should have hammered a Blazers team that you know doesn't have CJ. McCollum, and yeah they got hot shooting from the outside. Going back and watching a little bit of that game, but Christian Wood should be killing Anna Scanter. He's their best player. He should be scoring a bajillion points. And that's the worry I for Christian Wood. Is that now with a backcourt and Oladipo Wall cousins when he comes in, Is he gonna get enough playing time because uh, not playing time touches. I guess the word is because his usage rate should go up, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Is that your big takeaway task from a sort of these games?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: I think Christian Woods, yeah, he is. He is their star, even though they've got a lot of star potential, and those guys all want to prove they're great. John Wall, I think they could. They could make magic him and him and him and Christian Wood can make magic together. It could be him in gore tat times. Ten Just roll with Christian Wood down the lane, roll with the Wood.
Speaker 1: Do it lay anything from these games last night? Let me throw actually something at you. You know, we've been saying it all season long, like Pistons are the worst team in the league. Pistons are the worst team in the league. I'm not sure we can keep saying that. And I know it's not just because of the victory too. Even in their losses. Casey has these guys playing their asses off, and I don't think they're the worst at all. Actually, I think there are a couple of teams that are much worse than Detroit Pistons. Would you.
Speaker 8: Much worse? I mean, the Wizards are worse than them. I would say the Timberwolves. So they've obviously got some injuries as well. The Pelicans have more wins than the Pistons. I think they're probably better. The Kings also have more wins, but I don't have a lot of faith in them. Okay, Wolves and Wizards, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, I mean the Pistons are still tough to watch. But I will say last night's game, it was a bit of a throwback Blake Griffin game. He looked great, and also they were Lakers were without Anthony Davis on the second night of back to back out of Bruce Thigh. Hadn't dropped two games in a row wall season. They lost the night before. They're in Philadelphia, and this wasn't as though Lebron just decided to take the night off either. He was on the court with two and a half minutes to go. So the Lakers were trying to win this game. They just got they They actually got out played by the Pistons last night, So yeah, good good win for Detroit, But you know, are they the worst team? I mean, well, how come they came up for a game against the Lakers and played really well, like where they should be better than five and fourteen, shouldn't they really?
Speaker 5: That's that's my question about him.
Speaker 8: It's like, it's great when the Lakers comes down, You're like, yeah, gonna play hard, We're gonna give it out all tonight.
Speaker 5: But then they'll they'll just stink.
Speaker 8: And most of the time other than that, So and.
Speaker 4: Blake had a hot night. I think that's what happened Blake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Remember, like in his first season in Detroit, Blake was all NBA again and he looked great, and then last season he was injured and uh, and if he plays like he did last night, then it's like, yeah, maybe the Pistons can be better than their record shows. But yeah, they're just a tough watch.
Speaker 5: They're a tough watch. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: They're a tough watch. But we can't say they're the worst.
Speaker 5: They're not the worst.
Speaker 1: But it's a small compliment.
Speaker 5: They're not going to make the playoffs. I wouldn't think.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying we kept saying that they're the worst and you don't like watching them. I get that they are at times rough, but they play hard, so that immediately removes them from being the worst. Because there's some other teams that are just going through the motions out there as we've been. Anyway, we'll call it there. You do we know the Detroit Pisons are not going to be in Worst of the Week. Can we can confirm that task?
Speaker 4: Let me check the notes. Yeah, you're right, You're all right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the actual Worst of the Week nominees, then, ladies and gentlemen, the worst of the week.
Speaker 4: Well, I asked the people on the No Dunks Twitter account. People come through with flying colors. Great stuff for you guys. Here three nominees.
Speaker 7: The first.
Speaker 4: It's the Wizards. Baby James Long writes, time to tear it down and rebuild. Bradley Beal deserves better than this. Lots more. Glenn Perez also jumping on this. Wizard's hard pressed to find a team slash player combo that had a worse week than the Wizards in Westbrook. And one more for you guys, because this is an incredible stat from Franklin Saint stan They are one to twelve. When Bradley Beal drops forty points, give us worst of the year already. And I check this stat. They're the only team in NBA history to lose ten straight games where their player scores forty or more. He had forty seven this week against the Pells.
Speaker 7: They lost.
Speaker 4: A phenomenal stat that's crazy in NBA history. Can't find another one. So you laugh, Lee, Why are you laughing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: Because sometimes if the team's going really bad and we say, ah, the team's really bad, some of their fans will say, hey, lay off there, guys.
Speaker 5: Man, we play an odd We contributed.
Speaker 7: But we is just like, nah, we suck.
Speaker 8: At least we can win something by winning Worst of the Week or even Worse oft the ear Man. Imagine that would wrap up Worse of the ear.
Speaker 6: From now wow in January.
Speaker 2: East.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's tough, but I mean they're making a run. They are terrible. They're not even barely losing, right, They're getting smoked in most of these games. Are they gonna eventually bench Westbrook? He just dribbles the ball off his legs. He just dribbles it off his legs. I don't know if it makes sense to bring him off as a second unit, let him play against the second unit. Then when it comes to the fourth quarter, just let Beal cook. Don't let anybody else touch the ball, because if it goes to Westbrook and Beal's on the other side, it's like a thirty percent chance it'll even get back to Beal. He's been terrible. Westbrook has been brutal, so bad. Yeah, unforced the errors left and right. Man, Like he just chucks it to nobody or goes off his leg out of bounds. You're like, Okay, there's just six possessions in the fourth quarter of the game. You could have at least made close.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he's been injured too, which is a big reason why they traded Johan wall. I think they assumed that they're getting the healthier player. And then Russell Westbrook has a quad contusion, as many guys have had around the league. There's a quad contusion thing going around the league. But I don't know, maybe it's like last year he came back in the playoffs there for the Houston Rockets, had another quad injury and he just didn't look right, like maybe he will get it going after playing a little bit. I'm just trying to be optimistic, but like he had a phenomenal January February last year.
Speaker 7: I don't. Yeah, he is not.
Speaker 4: He has not been healthier than John Wall. Really, they're sort of in the same vein. The Wall has missed some time. But Westbrook, Yeah, man, I thought they had a year of good Russell and nope.
Speaker 1: There is no doubt watching the two right now, you would much rather have.
Speaker 4: John Wata, especially defensively.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Gives it defense man. All right, So that's candidate number one. Second nominee Kenny G Poker rights Jamal Murray's groin shot.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 4: It's fitting. We got a poker commenting Jamal Murray's growing shot. If you remember Jamal Murray, he was on the floor, he got up, hit Tim Hardaway, excuse me, below the belt and yeah he got ejected. But I think the part that angered me the most and why I included this as a nominee, was because he objected to the referees, Like he got so mad that he was ejected. Today's NBA. If you get caught doing basically anything, you're going to get ejected. But if you had a guy below the belt, like it sure seemed like he was planning on going after Timmy's and he got him.
Speaker 1: Got him, He got fined twenty five thousand two, right, Yeah, the ejection was warranted for sure y Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we said, yeah, man, he had no complaint or no reason to sort of defend himself there. He walked up, he woke, he got off to the canvas and whacked him hardaway, right in the nuts, apricut.
Speaker 7: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you were saying, like whether or not he should be suspended. Well, I sorry, like we'll but pumped the bricks on that we said. But you know, he got the fine and he got ejected from the game. He heard his tim Yeah, oh and that's right.
Speaker 8: I don't really think anyone's been suspended for one nut shot.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I know, Draymond Green, you know the big thing.
Speaker 8: Remember he got the thing with Steven Adams the playoffs, but that wasn't Yeah, that was an accumulation rather than the one shot. But I mean, there was no accident there with Jamal Murray. There was no like, oops, sorry, I accidentally whacked you in the nuts, right.
Speaker 1: I half heartedly tried to make that case, but halfway through I gave up saying no he was he was just angry, so he just punched them in it.
Speaker 5: And again Tim.
Speaker 8: Hardaway didn't do anywhere, And there's there's very I can't think of anything that would justify a nut shot. But Tim Hardaway certainly didn't do anything to justify that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's interesting, that's interesting. Yeah, Tim Hardaway spits in his face, so you're okay with him.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that's a nut shot. That's a nut shot.
Speaker 8: Yeah you're going to play dirty then, yeah, But ins of you in terms of like a hard foul or something like that, you can't you just say, all right, well I'll get you in the nuts in return a hard foul. You can get in return with a hard foul, you know, like like Region Rondo and Brad Miller. Remember that one carried over from one season to the next, you know, out a hard foul.
Speaker 6: People in the stream team are saying, Draymond on Lebron, Remember Lebron stepped over Dramond, so Dramond reached up for the punch. And that was obviously the same playoffs as the Steven Adams kick. Yeah, if you get stepped over, is it okay to punch up ones.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that I will say in defense of draining that way, it was it was sort of a reactionary, like, you know, you're disrespecting me by stepping over me like that, So he flicked his hand up like that.
Speaker 5: So was that the one that actually got him suspended?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 7: I think it was It was the accumulation of yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got suspended for game five.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, So when does the Draymone one that was Oh that was in the prior round, wasn't it against the thunder with Steve Stephen Adams. Well he should have been suspended for that one. I think that was.
Speaker 1: And then prior to that there was the Beasly thing and stuff like that. It was all added up that he got the suspension. It wasn't just because he uh whatever you said, ding Lebron, dingked lebron, Yeah, ding oh dig the daily dig.
Speaker 6: It was it was?
Speaker 7: It was yeah, that was that was a nuts Yeah, that was a nut tap.
Speaker 4: I know Lee likes to use the word nuts. He said it about fourteen times in the last but now you know, like sometimes I say, hitting him in the nuts, no doubt, no doubt. But you know, we've got about forty thousand euphemisms for nuts, everts, beans beans, Tim Hardaway's tim bitts, the tim bittss. But that was a nut tap that one way back, I go with nut tap. But yeah, Jamal Murray got him in the boner and the beef. So moving on to our third nominee. Here Lebron for shoving Joel Embiid when he went up for a dunk, according to Pete Sumacoll but it's polarizing because Pete takes that position, while Ryan Grossman replied and said Embiid for flopping on Lebron's light push, oh excuse me, and flinging his legs forward instead of trying to land like a normal human being.
Speaker 7: So the debate.
Speaker 4: And amongst our comments here when Lebron yeah, put his hands on Joel Embiid and Biid went down hard on his back, that big play. Marcus Sole may have got a hand on him there as well. Yeah, so I kind of disagree with Ryan Grossman. I don't think he was trying to injure himself and throw up his legs and land on his back. No chance, Joel Embiid's trying to hurt himself or or land in an awkward position. But I know you guys have talked about it. Have any of you change your opinion on Lebron putting his hands and not playing, you know, real defense, not jumping and trying to block Joel Embiid's shot.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that photo is great because we talked about it, like it looks like Lebron's like, please don't dunk on me. I don't want to be on this poster. So he's putting up his hands. Now, I don't think and I stick by this. I know we don't have the video, but I don't think Lebron really straight up pushes Joel Embiid. I think he's bracing himself. And you're right. I think there's a weird like Lakers sandwich thing going on here. Where Lebron's pressing high. There might be some contact from gasol a little bit lower, and that one guy pushing high on his on his front, one guy pushing a little bit lower from the back that might sort of topple e bead a little bit in the air. Now, Embiid, you know Grossman's right, Embiid, he embellisihous, But I'm with you. I don't think he was trying to just straight up land on his ass when he's and having back problems, So I think they got it. I was totally fine with the flagrant call on that because he did hit the ground hard and a guy in the air is vulnerable, and you know, again there's like sort of this weird pushing from both sides. I think by accident a little bit and Lebron just not wanted to get dunked on. But it wasn't malicious to really go to a flagrant too, in my opinion. So I don't know if that's a worst of the week for me and I strike it. What do you think, Trey, I.
Speaker 6: Don't like pushing guys out of the air when they're jumping. I don't think it was a maliciously bad push by Lebron. I think a flagrant one was the right call. But embiid that guy has crazy falls, man, that's just how he falls. He's wild. When he goes down to the ground, the legs go flying. He lands, however he's going to land sometimes it looks really really bad, and that one obviously looks pretty brutal. But I thought a flagrant one was the right call. I didn't think Embeid flopp it think he just falls hilariously and that's exactly what happened. So yeah, the call was right, but I will still allow this as a worst of the week because you shouldn't be pushing guys when they're jumping lely.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he absolutely shouldn't push him. I don't think he did, though. I think it was just he just sort of got caught out and he was almost trying to protect himself. Yeah, braced himself and just the way that Embiid fell made it worse. If you want someone who flopped badly, it was in the whoopsies this week. Gary Trent Junior. Diving out of bounds like that, that's the worst of the week if you ask me, that's like he did. I didn't even know if he felt the guy behind him, and he dived away from the ball. That to me is embellishment, I think, and beats a big, heavy dude and just the momentum sort of carried him down. I don't think there was any real embellishment. I don't think Lebron did anything nasty there. Just sometimes those things happen, and I'm just glad though that Embiid was able to finish the game, the Sixers were able to win, and as far as I can tell, there's been no lingering.
Speaker 5: Issues with that.
Speaker 8: For because if he falls and he's out for the game, and if the Lakers win, and if embads out for three or four games and Lebron didn't get ejected, then you can see the conspiracy theorists pouring out and saying, Oh, the NBA loves Lebron, and Lebron gets away with everything. So I'm just glad that no injuries came from that incident.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys are leaning away from that one. So it's either Jamal Murray and his cohoney shot. I remember lee, that's my favorite word for nuts. It's Cojon's gotta go with that. Yeah, and I know you like Spanish words, so let's go Jamal Murray. And with Wizards. I think I think everybody's leaning towards Wizards. It just seems like that's the nice that's the nice middle ground. Everybody's just railing on the Washington Yard.
Speaker 1: That's horrible week. Yeah, that's my that's my pick. All right, but good nominees there. All right, let's get to tweet of the Night.
Speaker 4: Tweet of the Night.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now tweet in the Night is inspired by this crazy story that I really still haven't figured out. It's the game stop story the Stalks, But I love this little part. It's a two part tweet the Night. Here ESPN's Pablo Torre he tweeted, he whispers, the guy who runs Melvin Capital, the game stop shorting hedge fund Reddit is trying to obliterate, is a co owner of the Charlotte Hornets. Gasp. Well, I love this response from at Cranky Cyborg, who whispers back in a darkened room. Craig Elo places a large by of gmmet laughs. Maniacally great tweet Crank Cyborg Again, Do I understand the whole thing completely? No, but I get this. I know what's going on here. Obviously a co owner of the Hornets, me, and you're working with Michael Jordan there. Well, craig ELO's getting his revenge for one of the greatest moments in NBA postseason history. Yeah, JD, way to rack it up. Oh, of course we're talking. Jordan hanging in the air to knock down the shot over a dejected craig Elo in the back to win the series. During the eighty nine Playoffs Bowls over Calves.
Speaker 6: Talk about a game stop.
Speaker 1: It's right, well done.
Speaker 8: Oh man, what a swing in three seconds from Craig Eler. He basically won the YEP the series for his team, and then that's all we remember him for, just slumping after Michael knocks in that shot.
Speaker 1: But he's getting his revenge. He's getting his revenge, you know now, some thirty years later or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like hanging three seconds, like buying a stock, right, like you're just sitting there ready to click, click, click click, just went up.
Speaker 1: Oh I got it?
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 4: It's all like buying a shoe on one of those sites where you buy a shoe. Yeah, one of those, one of those, one of those.
Speaker 1: I'm already excited for this movie though, this game stop movie or series or whatever, looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Really wait, just watch Trading Places. Trading Places is a great movie.
Speaker 1: Turning Places is a great movie. The Big is a good movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah it's a good movie. Yeah you're not excited for this, Come on, this.
Speaker 1: Will be This will make a good either documentary or even movie.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 4: I'll just go back and watch Vin diesel In boiler Room.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's last picked.
Speaker 6: Basically just a remake of Glengarry Glenn Ross with Vin Diesel and Giovanni Rabisi classic right there, though. I heard the next stock that's going to be really hot is Arby's. Yeah, people are gonna be beefing up that stock to the move. Get your beef now, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your beef now. Okay, just a reminder pick them result, We're not going to pick a game tonight. We'll start it up on Monday again for February. But Tass is the loser, our first loser of the season. In pick them, Tassi Russ start for you. Let's be honest here, eight and sixteen not your best work, but you will be paying it off and that's always fun. So if people have a last minute idea, let us know, no dunks at the Athletic dot Com, let us know in the stream team, what you'd like to see Tassi do to pay off his first lost here of the season. It could be anything. We could do it live during the show. We can make a little clip for social and share that up across all of our social channels.
Speaker 4: Whatever you got, let us know, Yeah, come up with the idea. And the social plan as well as the production plan for us.
Speaker 7: Please thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's end this fun drop podcast with a little rapid fire fund.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 4: The Warriors Kelly Ubre has been in several trade rumors recently. Dubbs head coach Steve Kerr thought Uber should hear about what happened from the organization's perspective, so he and the struggling forward had a little one on one talk. When's the time you initiated a difficult conversation, like Steve Kerr did? Jd Well it?
Speaker 3: Actually it was with our own Trey Kirby, believe it or not, back in our third year. We're going into our third year of the Starters and Matt and I had discussed it at length and we had sort of decided arbitrarily we were taking Trey off the big desk and giving him is his own spot, and we were like, this is going to be awesome, this is going to be great for Trey. We're really excited for it. But we were terrified that he wasn't going to be into it at all. So it was like it was I was nervous about it.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: We didn't know how he was going to react and and uh, listeners and viewers are going to sort of be surprised. But out of all the five of us, Trey Kirby, he's the most angry I've ever seen any of us, you know, like he he can't get angry, So we were concerned. I was nervous, but you know, he he's a true professionally took it like a champ and he and killed it in that position. So it all worked out, but you were worried. It was a difficult conversation to initiate.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you that right now, still waiting for that stool to sit on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the first thing he said. I had to stand for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I swear that's what all the viewers were most concerned about.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 1: Poor Tray gona stand for the entire show.
Speaker 3: I was very concerned about that, believe me.
Speaker 6: Jad's right though. I keep it pretty chill, but when the flip switches.
Speaker 3: It's actually a joy to see. I love I love it when it happens. Just now, when it's directed at me.
Speaker 6: I had a nice blow up, Summred. I guess it probably would have been about this time last year when we were talking about live shows. Yes, some people on the phone.
Speaker 7: We went on about it.
Speaker 6: Sometimes that's the thing. You got to keep it under the surface so when the explosions come, people really listen.
Speaker 1: It is a fun treat. When you get very angry, I always go back to the to the Shakeshack incident to four years.
Speaker 6: I was more angry about having to walk to a shake Shack because Matt Austin wouldn't let me eat a bacon burger than I was about having to sit over at a different table for four years. Come here for years?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tray, what's your answer for this one? Is it that conversation you have with j.
Speaker 6: I'm still waiting. No, I can't find the right time to ask him about that stool.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 6: You do got to initiate a lot of difficult conversations when you're a dad. For me, a lot lately has been about Mario Kart. We got to switch for Christmas. I do think my mom may have helped bring game Stop stock back. You know, she bought me a Nintendo Switch from game Stop. I couldn't believe it when she sent me the order. I was like, Wow, game Stop, Little did I know A month later, we're all millionaires off of it. But I've been having to tell the girls they love trash talking me and I love it. I love getting trash talk on, like it's important that you learn this now at a young age. But they're not very good at trash talk yet. They'll be like they get you know, the blueshell that comes from last place to hit somebody in first place, or you get the bullet bill. You get these incredible objects when you're in the back of the pack and the girls are all like, eh, sorry, dad, I'm like, I paused the game. I'm like, you know what, you're getting all the good items because you're in last place. You to pick up your game. Here we're trying to beat the red team. I'm carrying this. I'm putting up fifteen in first place. You're down in eleventh and twelfth. I need to see it tenth and ninth. And they picked it up and they were there and now they are classic trash talkers. You'll love to see it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So you play as a team, is that what you can do?
Speaker 6: You can you can't? You like to play on the same team because then you also you also can't hit each other. You know, like what somebody you can't I can't hit Eyler eight up whatever it is. But but yeah, man, I feel like the wizards out there sometimes I'm putting up these masks. I'm putting up a fifteen every time. First place again for Daddy didn't have to use an object.
Speaker 7: Pick it up. Stop dribbling it off your foot skates. What's your answer for this one?
Speaker 1: A time I initiated a difficult conversation. I'm ninety nine percent sure I've shared this story before on the podcast because we've been talking for fifteen sixteen years now. But it's an old story, so I'll just tell it again because I know we have new listeners. It's the well I call it the infamous thirty shirt story. I don't know if that rings a bell for you, especially Tass. Yeah, yeah, okay, So just quickly, it was a long time ago. I'm living with my buddy Brody and Tody, Yes that's true, of course, and Tim, our other friend, Tim was getting married. It was gonna be a very small wedding at the court at the courthouse and then just sort of back to Tim's place, and you know, Ken was coming over, Brody was going I'm going with Nora and stuff like that. We had like a small, little like pre party at our place. Now again I'm living with Brody and Tody. We're all getting ready for this small wedding, and you know, there's a bunch of talk with the guys, like are we all wearing the same colored shirt? Sort of to like almost make it look like we're groomsmen.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: It's a really small affair, but like we're like, yeah, we'll wear a blue shirt. Who is not invited to the wedding. He because he's there and we're all there and we're all friends. But you know, Tody's sort of like at the time, was like a you know, one extension right, one layer sort of removed at least from Tim's. But he starts going, oh, god, well, I guess I gotta iron my blue shirt. I hate ironing. And so the whole time Tody, in front of everybody, is ironing his blue shirt and he's hating it because who likes to iron? I mean I hate it too. He's he's just all angry because we decided on a blue shirt and he's got to iron it. But like everybody's looking around at each other going does he know like, is he invited? Like, are we sure he's coming? Of course? Ken and and Brody. No one wants to like bring it up. No one wants to say it. And I just can't. Like I'm sitting there going I don't think Tim's invited him. I don't think he's allowed to have that many people at the courthouse. Like, I don't want Tody to show up to this and not be allowed in. So I said, all right there. Everybody else is like, while Tody's like cursing from the other room, iron thinking his shirt, everybody else is like, oh, we should we do? What should we do? I'm like, all right, screw it. And so I didn't want to do it in front of everyone. So I called Tody into my room. It's like, hey, man, like I like, I actually asked him. I was like, did Tim invite you to the wedding? I like we we just weren't sure. And he's like no, I like, I just don't know if there's like enough room. And he was like all right, and just like so sad, so sad because he wasn't now coming to the wedding, but sort of happy he didn't have to keep ironing his shirt just like literally just walked over back to his computer and sat down, and everybody knew I'd had the conversation with him. But man, it was like I did not want to do it.
Speaker 6: I should, you know what?
Speaker 1: I I wish I didn't because what would Nothing would have happened, he would have came to the wedding, Nothing would have happened. I just don't know why I got I got in my head. I was concerned that like the numbers thing in the courthouse or something, But it was the province so funny watching him angrily iron his shirt thinking he.
Speaker 5: Was going for I don't know why.
Speaker 6: It kills me, but yeah, that's worse angrily ironing a shirt or being despondent that you're no longer ironing a shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was just sad, sad.
Speaker 4: I like how people have photoshopped him into the courthouse, into the photos. There's a little Todi's face right there.
Speaker 1: Photoshop.
Speaker 7: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: I like that story because I actually went to Tody's bachelor party because I was sort of an extension of an extension. I wasn't invited to his bachelor party, and this was in British Columbia, Canada's on the West Coast, but I went to a cousin's wedding in Seattle, so I was just kind of around there. So then I just latched on and I had a great time at this bachelor party. Oh man, yeah, I was wearing my ruse shoes lely. It was such a blast.
Speaker 1: I really should have pulled you aside task and said, yeah, man, why are you on this boat?
Speaker 7: But I let it go.
Speaker 6: I learned my.
Speaker 4: Lesson fantastic all right next here, seventy two year old Spurst head coach Greg Popovich has received his first dose of the COVID nineteen vaccine. In a short PSA release by the NBA, pop said, science wise, it's a no brainer. What's something you've done that you felt was undoubtedly the right thing to do, but others questioned it.
Speaker 7: JD.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I've always been very frank and candid with my kids. I never watch my language around them. I never have. I always let them tell me what's appropriate for them to watch, and rather than me tell them so whatever they can handle, I will let them watch and I stand by that. But people don't like it. They don't like it at all. Yes, my kids have potty mouths when they're inside the house. They don't when they know enough not to use that language outside of the house. But you know, I'm right and I don't care, and people are people are annoyed by it, and that's fine, you know, let them be annoyed. But that's my parenting style and I'm sticking to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, were you dropping potty mouths potty words like when they were you know, three four when they repeat.
Speaker 3: It everything, or oh yeah, day one, day one.
Speaker 4: So they're dropping f bombs? I mean when they were what in junior kindergarten daycare because they didn't know to reel it in. Then well, it's very possible. It's very possible.
Speaker 3: But I never got any reports of any foul language at daycare or places like that. But you know, I've there's there's all sorts of behavior that people that kids take to daycare with them, you know, Like I had a daycare teacher tell me once about a girl who would always fix cocktails like at the daycare, you know what I mean, Like she would pretend to make martinis and a shaker and stuff like that, you know. And then there was another kid who whenever he got into you know, like toy car. He was just bom around and just fist and get out of the way, and you know, fisting, fisting galore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 3: That stuff is that stuff is totally normal, and uh, you know, it's fine. It's it's there. Once kids get to a certain age, they know what they're supposed to say when they're supposed to say it, and you just have to trust them to to to do that. And by the way, I think they're going to use that language anyway, because I hear my kids on zoom calls all the time, and the other kids are just as bad, and I know that their parents are not are not into them using that kind of language. I mean, the probably learned it from my kids, But again I don't care.
Speaker 6: Great Paul from Irwin Erosio in the stream team, who says, I mean they said oh ship in the TBJ Christmas album, Well, yes, a classic moment, very very being JD's kids, that's exactly right. Yeah, all right, Trey, what's your answer for this one. I'm becoming a late stay upper again, and I don't know. Others question it because you should be getting full night's sleep. But I like to think of myself as Michael Jordan. You know, he didn't sleep that much. So for me, get that yoga and get that shower, and then I'm ready to go. I would rather watch the games.
Speaker 5: At night.
Speaker 6: And then try and remember exactly what happened in the morning, because then I can throw on a ten minute recap and be like, oh, yes, I do enjoy basketball, and what happened last night? I remember this happening. But uh, I don't know even I question it staying up super duper late. But how else are you going to see that big beef?
Speaker 1: How many hours of sleep are you getting?
Speaker 6: Five or six?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I think different buddies required different different things. The problem is when I'll get like a four hour night sleep, that's not that's too little. Five, five as doable, four as bad news bears.
Speaker 5: You know, try it is a good master class on sleep. Matthew Walker puts it.
Speaker 6: There and you fall asleep.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's pretty pretty amazing. But I'm surprised.
Speaker 8: I'm not surprised the world is like just teetering on the brink of complete disaster, because when you listen to this guy and see just how important sleep is and how it affects every single part of life. It's like, oh my god, no wonder everyone's so crazy these days.
Speaker 6: Are you saying my temper is because I'm not getting any sleep?
Speaker 8: I'm just saying it's pretty fascinating. It's pretty pretty fascinating. Even LEBRONI even gets a shout out. It Actually Lebron's apparently a great sleep recording to him, I.
Speaker 5: Don't Ron's still sleep.
Speaker 1: He blew my mind.
Speaker 5: Oh man, anyway, check it out.
Speaker 7: All right, it's skeets. So what's your answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just quickly, something you've done that you felt was undoubtedly the right thing to do. But others question. I would see every single iteration of this show. Every time we've made a big change, you get the haters, you get the doubtors saying, why would you ever do that? Why would you take an audio podcast and turn it into a video podcast. That's stupid. No one's going to watch that, that's dumb. Oh, actually they're wrong, and I thank oh. We never listened to those people because it ended up turning into a real job for us and not just a podcast where we did we did, you know, put our heart and soul into it and get get paid a single thing you know, I get it. People don't like change. But every time we switch something up, try something new, you just get people I don't know about that. I don't like that change that don't do that. It's like, uh no, that's not how it works, man. You got to keep changing. You got to keep trying things, especially to create this into it or turn this into a job. So just every time we did that, you know what I'm talking about, especially tasing JD way back in the day. It's less. So now maybe we've gained the trust to people, but back then it was a lot of like that. That will never work. That's a dumb idea, and we prove them wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I despise change. My one year old is eating it all over the floor. I can't wait till till we're a cashless society and coins are gone forever. Speaking of change, Kevin Porter Junior was traded from the Caves to the Rockets this past week after he went on a tie raid in Cleveland's locker room. Porter Junior was angry about his playing time this season, which has been nil, and the Cavs thought the relationship with Porter was irreconcilable. So when's the time you needed a fresh start, like kp JA does JD.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously the answer is right now, like today, immediately, like it's urgent, the alarm bells are ringing, but you know, spinning up what Skeez was just talking about. In this business, sometimes fresh starts are kind of overrated a little, you know. I mean, yes, we need to do it, yes we need to be stay uncomfortable, But how many times have we reinvented this show in the last year and a half alone. I mean, it's got to be six or seven at least, you know, going from in the studio to home to video to blah blah blah. And it's gonna happen again in about nine months. And every time we do it, it's an enormous amount of work, right for all of us. So I'm looking forward to us, hopefully in the next six to nine months, us getting back together in the same room to do the show. But I'm already freaked out about how much work it's gonna be because it's gonna be a massive undertaking. But yeah, fresh starts overrated, but you gotta do it. Not an answer, I guess, but.
Speaker 7: Definitely, hey man, that was a thoughtful answer is what it was.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tess Tray next one for me.
Speaker 6: A fresh start at anytime that I have to get a new phone. My phone breaks every one point five years. I get furious that day that it's broken, that I can't take my Instagram pictures, and I got a new one a couple of days later. I love to start fresh. I don't want all the same apps there. I'm gonna eventually download so apps, but I don't want to just clone it. I want to feel what I'm actually using, you know, I want to feel. I want to be in deep with my phone to know where things are going to live.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 6: How are you going to do it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Once I get the tip that, oh you know how geniuses organize their apps in folders. That really opened my eyes. And next thing I know, I only got two pages worth of apps. You're able to trim them down, keep things a little bit more organized. I always like to start fresh. I don't want to come in with an old phone, out with the old, in with the new.
Speaker 3: I can't stand folders on the phone. You guys, I did the same thing, put all my apps into folders, And now there's there's apps that I've still to this day, I have no idea where they are. I can't find them, like it, I just I just search, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how I launched most of my apps is via search as well. Pulled down and look for something. But it's also freaky how good they're getting at the recommendations. Like anytime I swipe down to open up the search feature, the first thing that pops up at if it's five o'clock New York Times cooking, They're like, oh, it's dinner time, is it. We're trying to figure out what to make. I'm like, whoa, you're right, perhap it's braised beans. We shall see. They learn, they learned. I mean, your phone knows you. So maybe that's a good reason to start fresh too. Throw a curveball. They're like, whoa this guy is using He's outs totally differently.
Speaker 7: Skeets your answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's similar, I guess to where JD was going. I was going to say, after every season, for sure is when you need the fresh start. And this has been a weird one because we didn't really have an off season. You know, there was a few weeks there, but we weren't going anywhere. I love the idea of doing a big, long, crazy NBA season, putting our heart and soul into it, creating a ton of ton of content, watching a ton of games, having a blast, and then man, just being exhausted at the end of it and getting the hell out of Dodge for a little bit and trying to go do something and travel with Wilt. Now, we can't do that right now, So I need that eventually and we'll get there. But I would say right now, with the amount of work we're doing over the last couple of weeks, every Friday is a nice like, Okay, at least we don't have something lined up on the weekend. And I even sometimes will take the Friday night off from watching basketball, even it depends if the Raps are playing and who they're playing and stuff like that. But yeah, I'll just like I'll catch up on Saturday morning with what I need to know and I'll actually take the night off from watching you know, four or five hours of basketball. So every Friday right now, with the amount of content we're pumping out during the week, it's like, Okay, end of the week is here. I could use a day off from worrying about getting something up on social doing this, doing that, doing this. So it's nice, that's great. But then the best part, the beautiful part about it all, it's like, come Sunday, I'm like, man, I wish we had a show today. You know. It's like I can't wait for Monday. So that, you know, is a good job when you're like, I want to get right back into it now. Now I'm refreshed and I want to talk hoops with the buds again. So that's good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'd like to travel, really is what I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to get back to be fun travel again.
Speaker 6: Crazy stuff. What are you watching tonight? It's fresh Start Friday? What are you gonna watch tonight? You know what?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't damn gonna watch anything. I might read them all.
Speaker 6: I'm nice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, there's a lot of television being watched obviously through the week, so it's unplumbing for a little bit. And let's call it there. That was a fun drop podcast. New No Dunks items coming very very soon to No dunks dot com. Hoodies, t shirts, shorts, mugs. Go wrap the brand and treat yourself to an athletic subscription. Go to the Athletic dot Com slash No Dunks, where you can sign up for just three ninety nine a month for the best damn sports writing in the world. We do have one more thing coming later today, Ley, very solid play strow your thumbs up. Yeah, so that will be up in our YouTube channel. Please subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube, Share No Dunks with your friends on YouTube, and lease got the hat on?
Speaker 6: Yes cool, you look good.
Speaker 1: You look like a million dollars.
Speaker 6: And there we cook, there we go.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We will talk to you guys on Monday. Clipper bros.
Speaker 6: You heard your first have a great time turn up.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us. And remember cohonis is the Spanish word for drawers. I did not think that was the case. I mean, somebody correct, that's Spanish speaking people out there. Where is cohonas the word for drawers?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Lee?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy, that's just crazy cool.
Speaker 1: Praise the weekend. You could say.
Speaker 8: Every day.
Speaker 2: And agy happy every minute.
Speaker 3: It's been so long that your.
Speaker 5: Mona way, It's happened already.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Grevy