Speaker 1: Did you babysit when you were growing up? No, me neither, thank god.
Speaker 2: Ah And but I will tell you I've made up. And on the other side, because I got babysitters, I have a rolodex of girls.
Speaker 1: Well see, I want to get into that because I went, wait, is it just girls? You have no dudes? No dudes? You wouldn't want a dude babysitter. No, really.
Speaker 2: Not unless like unless it was somebody who I met. I guess that's just not I honestly don't know any of the break nobody doesn't that that are around me or whatever my girls are. It's mainly my dancers. I've got schoolgirls.
Speaker 1: Access to tons of babysitters essentially, yes.
Speaker 2: So that's really I don't have to search out. I think if I ever did like a sitter like app or online like I would probably look at the dudes at males as well.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, somebody's gonna teach you how to fight and spit and roll joints. And I mean there's well, I think it would be good to me.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be great for like someone to be able to handle Ledger a little bit better. Oh, he's just shockingly.
Speaker 1: Is he really with babysitters or with everybody.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this. For Cinco de Mayo, I took my kids out. Jordan was at the golf being range, so he was going to meet us there once I. Once Monroe got done with dance, we picked up Ledger and we were going out to you know, a restaurant to go enjoy Cicco Tomyo, and Jordan went to the wrong restaurant and so he was later than even, like, you know, coming and meeting us. And I called him and was like furious. He's like, it's like five minutes, babe, Like why are you so upset. I'm like, well, you need to go and go to the grocery store now, because I just turned my head for five seconds and Ledger took the krans that he was given to play on the little coloring thing and turned to the wall and just covered the entire wall with kran. He just sat there and it was so fast will It wasn't even just like a little bit, it was everything. So I'm like, you have to go to Ralph SIT's across the street now and go get the only thing that will work. Because water you drapk in, you gotta go get the magic rations. They worked so well, and I'm like, this only thing is going to work, so you have to go get one. And he's just like, you're kidding me. He's like, well, what were you doing? And I'm like literally sitting right next to him, playing with Monroe helping her color. She wanted to play TikTok toe. So I'm playing three games of TikTok toe, which takes all of thirty seconds. Right, yes, just what her ass three times real quick.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you beat herd That's how you are a kid.
Speaker 2: And I turned over and Ledger had just like given me my karma so quickly.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, so, let me understand this. You were watching Ledger as he paid on the wall because you were trying to be your daughter.
Speaker 2: He doesn't take much, man, She's fine, right every time, you know, you start right here, you hit the corner, okay, Monroe, no, you start we start the middle, but then the corners the next and she does that, she goes right above it.
Speaker 1: And you haven't taught her that yet because you.
Speaker 2: Like to trying to teach her. She doesn't remember anyway, and he just goes and like Ledgers just like he had to sit her last night and I literally was like, he's just you can't, you can't. Don't take it like he's already. He just ruined my couch with Monroe's lip gloss like painted all over it. You've got to watch him. And she's like okay, and I'm like no, like you have to watch.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Whatever Monroe's doing, She's fine. She's an angel. She won't do anything bad. She won't do anything to get in trouble because she hates being in trouble. This guy Zero s, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, Well I have a question because I don't have kids. Don't they just make bigger crates. Can't you just create a kid like you would a dog that not Does that.
Speaker 2: Not work for his sleep time? He is in one of those little tents.
Speaker 1: Well there you go, put him in a crate.
Speaker 2: But you finally do that all day, you.
Speaker 1: Know, chuck some food there.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get his energy out. He'll never go to street. He's got so much energy. But when I tell you, though, like watching him, he's so funny. And our producer is Tara, Lisa and Mikayla got to see him firsthand and they're like, Wow, sorry, guys, he won't come to anything again.
Speaker 1: That's great. He's a handful.
Speaker 2: Love it funny though, he's hilarious and you love to just let him go and you're like, love them. Yeah, he'll be someone else's he'll be someone's husband one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're my hands. As I always say, you're really selling kids on me, and well you.
Speaker 2: Are not in the market, so it's fine. You anything to do with it, So it's fine. I don't be honest with you. With my friends that are still thinking about it, I'm like, oh, he's so funny.
Speaker 1: And easy court nice, good.
Speaker 2: He's cute. Lookodorable he is.
Speaker 1: Yes, stop, stops, it's all he'sced. Yeah. Susan's actually out at the grocery store right now getting magic racers because I was coloring all over the wall.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see it happened. He loves kids, she does.
Speaker 1: She's got one. Welcome to problems, she does. Welcome back to Magical. Rewind the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, The Wave, Tsunamis, and the Crans could just be taken off of soap and water, but not anymore. They've changed, it changed, it's totally different.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilfredell and I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: Well, last week we time traveled to nineteen eighty nine for the blockbuster that was Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and we loved it. But now we're going back a little further to nineteen eighty seven, but only for inspiration, because on this episode we're looking into the twenty sixteen technically sequel, technically reimagining, technically just using the title Adventures in Babysitting, And I'm gonna tell you going into this movie, Sabrina, I was not happy because this is one of my favorites of all time. Elizabeth Shoe is my forever crush in love with her. This movie was incredible. It was one of the movies that I watched on repeat growing up. So I was like, right, have you seen the original one?
Speaker 2: Yes, but this is the thing. While I was watching this new one, Adventures of Babysitting. I remember being at the premiere going, maybe I don't remember the first one because I thought it was going to be a remake.
Speaker 1: Right, I was thinking it really certain things from it they pulled even direct lines from it, but they had to disneyfy it down. They tried to keep some of the tropes the same, with some of the crushes and the stuff going on.
Speaker 2: I don't know the movie as much as you and I.
Speaker 1: I jun't so backwards for it.
Speaker 2: I was worried about this movie for you because I like, this is a big one for a will and this was.
Speaker 1: Tough, but we'll see. Uh. So yeah, the original film was directed by none other than Chris Columbus and start a young Elizabeth Shoe coming right up for the crowded kid, which is perfection in a character. And I just to this day every time I see her, I'm it's this instant crush. My wife knows too, and it's what's so funny is my older brother Gary is the same way. We'll often fight where I'll be like, I have such a crush on Elizabeth Shot and He's like, no, she's mine, and it's like that. Yeah. So, uh, just hugely important in my child in movies like this or you know, the Original Adventures of Babysitting were one of the reasons. So uh. Some fun facts about the original. It also stars a great guy who I've known for many, many years. I ran into again at a convention not that long ago, and we sat and we talked for hours. Keith Coogan his first of two movies about babysitting. Both are awesome. His second was Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Day.
Speaker 2: Which was mine. Thank you, but you're not allowed to have that one. You can't have both fair enough.
Speaker 1: I will take advenures of babysitting.
Speaker 2: That movie, the fashion, everything they're shooting out the applegate, the plates, dishes are done. Man.
Speaker 1: That was Keith. He's the best. He was also the grandson of former child actor Jackie Cougan, for which the Cougan Law is named. So I don't know if anybody out there is aware of what the Cougan Law is, but the Cougan Law essentially says that there were so many child actors that earned so much money that was then stolen by adults and by their parents. Jackie Cougan lost a fortune to his parents. The Cougan Law is at least, and I think it's now twenty five percent of an under eighteen actors' money or entertainer's money has to be put in a bank and invested. I personally think it should be flipped. I think it should be seventy five percent, should be seventy five to the actor themselves and twenty five percent the parents get to use as they want. But they got twenty five percent. But take that to your trivia night. So Keith Cougan is.
Speaker 2: And so so important, so important, God, yes, and life actor. You don't really necessarily understand. But I wasn't raised in a house where my parents all of my money went into a bank spend. I got to get like one big fun toy, or go on like a shopping spree type thing, get some clothes, whatever, But most of mine did. But that is not the way A good amount of actors when they're younger.
Speaker 1: And again I get there, there is a flip side to it, which I understand, which is why I think the set it should be flipped and it should be seventy five to twenty five. There are many parents out there that give up careers and give up their lives to manage their kids, to take them to auditions. It becomes their life. They sit on sets all day. Okay, should you then be entitled to some of that money? Maybe some, but seventy five percent not in my opinion, so yes, I get that. There are many, many people. You know, Lynn Strong, writer in Shiloh's mom was a teacher and essentially gave up her career. Now she didn't take Writer In Shiloh's money, but she gave up her entire life and would drive them hours every day to do one Shiloh to go one place, Rider to go into the place. She'd sit on this set at one point they were both on different sitcoms that she'd go to the here and then she'd go to there, So she had every right to and still didn't. But there are some people then you just hear, Hey, I went to the bank and I pressed the ATM button and there was zero in there and I found out my parents stole all my money. That it's awful. So that's one of the reasons why the Cougan law exists. He's also a great guy. He's been. He was one of those eighties Child's actors that was just better than everyone around him. He was just great Keith Coogan and still is. But let's focus on this dcom reboot. It aired on the Disney Channel June seventeenth, twenty sixth day Juno to seventeenth. As I call it smack dab in there, but I just made that up. I don't think June seventeenth is a holiday in any way, shape or form. You just said Sinco to my ow and it got into my head. Smack dab in their big summer programming, And it was a pretty big milestone. And by big milestone, I mean a very big milestone for Disney because this is technically, and we're gonna say technically, the hundredth dcom And the celebration was advertised for weeks now. Some people had thoughts about this, whether it was actually one hundred or it wasn't, because there's there's some fudging in there with this movie came out, but we're not counting it. Was this movie actually a dcom? Was that movie actually a dcom? But if Mickey said it was one hundred, h it's one hundred. So to celebrate this momentous occasion, they had a very big premiere event, which I believe you attended, Sabrina, What was that? Like I did?
Speaker 2: It was very cool because there were so many dcom stars there. There was like it just the red carpet, the you know, the before the movie, the after, you know, after party. It was very cool to like it felt like a little like family reunion, if we'll say, right, like you had so many people it was in we said it was you know, twenty sixteen, so that had been years. Jordan was with me, I mean like we we had been together. That was kind of his first like Disney premiere thing that we had gone to, and I mean I remember him seeing like he goes just like I don't. I didn't even realize how many Decon celebrities I actually could. Like remember, He's like I didn't. I he doesn't take himself as like a Disney kid growing up on the channel as much as I do, and so he was just like, wow, this is wild, and it was very cool. I got to just run into so many people that I'd worked with for so long, and everyone was really excited. Like I said, it felt very much like a family reunion vibe, which all just excit there.
Speaker 1: If you're in a dcom, you're part of a very select fraternity, you really are. It's kind of what it's like so privileged.
Speaker 2: Because my seats were literally right behind Sabrine and Sophia, like it was just like someone here, and they both stared around and were like we loved the Cheetah girls and then I was like, oh wow, wish Like it just was so cool. They were so sweet and it was fun to be behind this. Celebrities that were watching. This was probably the first time they got to watch, and so when they were clapping, when they were thinking, and like you could tell like they were reminiscing of their days on set for the movie, and it was just like a really it was fun to be a part of their energy of the night. It was very cool, a very very cool night.
Speaker 1: Very very cool. And by the way, they also decided at the time the decom was coming out to marathon and this is a weird number, but fifty three okay of the best dcoms ever back to back on the channel during Memorial Day weekend, then air the rest leading up to the premiere in June. So think about that, over one weekend they did fifty three dcoms. It's a lot of decoms and we've done a lot, but that's I couldn't do them in a row in a week and a weekend couldn't do in a row. I can literally think of nothing I want to do for fifty three straight hours. Not a thing now, this reimagining had been bouncing around Disney for many, many years, with a number of false starts, first with the Channel Legend and a year old cheetahgau Raven Simone attached to Starr when she withdrew because of other projects in scheduling, Miley Cyrus was rumored to be stepping in, but later denied any involvement. Also, it was originally set to be called Further Adventures in Babysitting, which kind of makes sense, but I think they kind of made the right decision by just ripping off the first movie. It continued to get kicked around until twenty fifteen when this incarnation got the green light, starring two of the studio at the time, two of their most promising stars. It filmed in March in Vancouver and rapped just a month later, so we have to assume it was probably very cold to shoot, and the first official teaser air during Invisible Sister, a recent film recap. But what they did is actually showed the trailer. They didn't make it invisible, so that was better. But the debut of Adventures of Babysitting trailer itself aired during an episode of Girl Meets World for obvious reasons, which we will get into. And the premiere did very well for the time, So remember some of the numbers we throw out. Sometimes it's a lower number than we saw during the heyday of dcoms, for sure, But considering it debuted in twenty sixteen, it got three point four five million viewers, which for the time was good. But we're talking about we go back to high school musical number where there's eighteen nineteen twenty million people and you kind of go three three point four, But that's what people were watching at the time. The world has just changed. Okay, So considering you were at the big premiere, you obviously knew about Adventures of Babysitting, But were you excited to watch it again? I was.
Speaker 2: I wish that I had time to have watched and saw the original, because again I had a lot of confusion watching it in the theater. I remember going to Jordan because he's like, did you ever watch the original? I'm like, oh, yeah, I definitely did. And then I went to him and I was like, I don't think I've seen the original. I totally like, I don't think i've seen it then, because this isn't anything like what I remember, so I was interested, but also like I think, I do think, and Tara's on this recording, we've got to go back and watch the original after we've seeing this one.
Speaker 1: It's there's nothing Disney about the original though, I mean they're swearing, there's talk of sex, there's some there's some sketchy stuff. I mean, is it on ABC NO or the original? It wasn't just in the film, was it in the theaters?
Speaker 2: It's not Disney related at all.
Speaker 1: This was might have been distributed by them, but I know that this was also like this was a rougher movie than they're used to.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well even when it was like aired, it was a different time too. But like, yeah, so I would I would love to, I really do, even if we don't review it together, I would love to watch it and then talk about it. So you might as well make an episode of it.
Speaker 1: So awesome that movie not only had Elizabeth Shoe, it had Keith Coogan, but it also had friend of the podcast George Newbern shows up, shows up at the end, Bradley Whitford's in it. I mean, it is just like one what's his name from? From Full Metal Jacket and now from Daredevil Dnafrio. Vincent Dinofrio plays the tow truck driver who they give a nod to in this film. I mean, but it was well, we'll get into it because there's some parts that were more rough and excited to watch this movie for me, for you, I was worried for you because I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it it. It is hard to take like such an epic film that like you grew up loving and then see how they how they do it?
Speaker 1: Are they going to do it right?
Speaker 2: In your eyes?
Speaker 1: You know that?
Speaker 2: That's tough. Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, it says here from producer Lisa that Wiki says that The Original Adventures of Babysitting was the first Walt Disney movie to be PG thirteen.
Speaker 2: And that's so that, okay.
Speaker 1: And I think in PG thirteen's you're allowed either one or two F bombs. It might be one, oh, and then if you have more than one then it becomes a rated R. So I think, and and it was an it was an iconic line where the F bomb drops and they redo it in this episode in this movie obviously verbatim without the F word. So yeah, So you can watch the movie for the first second, third, or maybe one hundredth time. Right now in Disney Plus, where it's available to stream. You can watch it now, watch it later, watch while drinking some espresso like a man child or not. I think those are also carpenter songs, but I don't know. Just please please listen to our recap either way. Again, I love Sabrina. I don't think I've ever heard any of your music. No, I heard that espresso song, which is great. No, how you don't just like because I don't listen to new music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you heard the song espresso I heard.
Speaker 1: I think I heard espresso like at a grocery store or something. But when I'm in the car anywhere where music is like that too. Yeah, No, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: You can't put that song on, and I'm not.
Speaker 1: Just like again, I don't listen to new music. If it was recorded after nineteen ninety six, there's a chance I've never heard it anything before then, seventies, eighties. I'm in anyway, it is time to sell your purple Ferret Marc A.
Speaker 2: Tot.
Speaker 1: This is the synopsis two teen Rival Babysitters, Uptight overachiever Jenny and laid back rebel Lola are forced to team up when a babysitting mix up sends them racing across town to track down a missing kid. So, for those of us who have seen the original, this plot does really stray from the original. If you need proof, here's the synopsis of the original. Responsible teenager Chris Parker's quiet babysitting night spirals into chaos when she and the kids venture into downtown Chicago to rescue her friend. So that's the first big difference here is the original is about one babysitter, not two, and she's tracking down her friend, not a kid. So yes, there are clearly some differences. Also, this movie, like it or not, the new one had way, way, way, way, way, not enough Elizabeth Shoe.
Speaker 2: Just for the record, so we're just not gonna be able to get over certain things.
Speaker 1: Guys, just buckle up. It's never gonna happen. So with all this in mind, Sabrina, what are your early thoughts of Adventures of Babysitting? What did you think?
Speaker 2: Hands down, love the two of them together. Need more of these two girls together working. I loved their chemistry. I thought they were great and this movie I quickly saw we are just going out of the park. Outlandish, just crazy adventure on top of a crazy adventure that doesn't necessarily make sense, and Okay, we're just gonna go with it. And I literally just got popcorn out and just did I loved it. I did like this movie.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: And I again can't remember the original, so I let the original situation just kind of go out of my head and I sunk in.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I had that you were going to have.
Speaker 1: No. I had certain problems with this movie. The biggest problem I had with this movie is it's way too frenetic. They had them doing too much, so much so you're never stopping. It's one thousand percent. The quiet moments were drown out by the constant we have to run and we're yelling. That being said, I also liked it. I'll be honest with you, I did. No, I did. You're right. The the two leads are great. Uh, they're they're very very gay. Sophia and and Sabrina together are just really good. They delineated the characters well they seem like two different people.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They it worked, It did it truly did work. I thought the kids were great. They fully carried this movie. I the the bumbling. I wish they didn't do the bumbling villains following them quite as much because but I get they had to disney it up. I would have done it a different way with somebody else following them. I would have made it more of an actual threat than trying to chase a purple ferret with these kind of wacky, bumbling guys. But again, it's a D com, so I understand that. But D cooms have also had real bad guys before, which I would have I would have made it more. I know. I never felt like they were in any actual danger from these two guys, and I would have liked to have seen a little more of there being actual danger. Again, I would have cut three or four of the set pieces because I thought it was just, oh my god, we're running here. Now, now we're running here, and now we're running right now, we're running here.
Speaker 2: And I think that I thought it was good. The villains actually pulled down the age demo in a sense, like this movie could have been a little bit catered towards an older audience. I agree, had they done a different villain situation, I think, and for Sophia and Sabrina knowing now where they're at in their careers. I think that it would have been better for them to have more of a sophisticated kind of way of doing this. But again, it was like I instantly, it happens right from the start, so it's like it's like, Okay, this is the kind of movie we're watching, right And I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Again I did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: It's not as good as the original, obviously, usually nothing is not pretending it's going to be, and so I had to watch it on its own, and again it was cute. This is a nice kind movie. I again had problems with some of the story, but overall good movie. It was directed by John Schultz, a drummer turn filmmaker. He was in the North Carolina band the Connells I think I think it's pronounced the Connells, who have not released music since two thousand and one, but did achieve moderate success with three top ten hits on the Alternative Rock chart and are best known for their song seventy four seventy five. He transitioned into film with a documentary on the making of Jurassic Park in nineteen ninety five, and went on to make a handful of movies including them Me Lissa, Joan Hart romcom Drive Me Crazy, The Little Bow Wow Basketball Comedy Like Mike Aliens in The Attic, and The Honeymooners with Cedric the Entertainer and Gabrielle Union and its stars now the second biggest pop star in the world only because Taylor Swift is basically impossible to lap. Sabrina Carpenter as Jenny Parker. She's an old coworker of mine. Sabrina has become one of the Disney's all time success stories, though her involvement in the channel is technically shorter than most of her contemporaries. At the age of ten, the Pennsylvania native began uploading videos to YouTube of her singing cover songs, and soon after signing with the Hollywood Manager, landing her a small role on Law and Order Special Victims Unit. Seen it, I didn't even know it was her. I was like, oh my God, that's Sabrina and a reoccurring role on the show The Goodwin Games. She'd signed to the Disney affiliated Hollywood Records as a pop singer, and from there her journey through the system began. She was cast as Maya Heart on Girl Meets World, The follow up to a little show called Boy Meets World. She continued to release music during that time, but never really breaking through to mainstream until she left Disney behind. She appeared in movies like The Hate You Give, Tall Girl and Work It, but then her music career went into another orbit. She opened for Taylor Swift on The Era's Tour and has since won two Grammys. Headline Coachella, clocked numerous songs on the billion stream club on Spotify, sold out her own World tour, performed in Fortnite with her own skin, had two albums, debut at number one, and single handedly shifted culture. And Yes, This Adventures in Babysitting was her first movie ever.
Speaker 2: Counngrats, Girl, coun Grats.
Speaker 1: I love Sabrina. She was great. She was always so sweet.
Speaker 2: That is what I hear about her time and time again, and that she worked her butt. Uh she did to get her music career going. She did. I have never met her, Well, I have, I've met her, but I didn't mean her as like the pop star that she is now. But man, I just nothing but good things as what I've heard about her.
Speaker 1: She's absolutely a sweetheart and her co star is no slouch. Either Sophia Carson plays Lola Perez. Carson first appeared on an episode of Disney's Austin and Alley, then was quickly cast as Evie in Disney's The Descendants and has become an integral part of that massive franchise. Like Sabrina Carpenter, Carson is a pop singer, and in addition to her work in Hollywood, she is a UNICEF ambassador and frequently working with charities. Selfish and since I mean always thinking of yourself, and since we have two pop stars in the movie, we got to talk about the soundtrack. We've got two duets, so does that make four? By Sabrina and Sophia, The rap Battle where the Babysit and the song Wildside. We also have some random tracks I'm sure Hollywood Records adjacent from I'm going to try to get these right phototronic Annabelle Ungland and Brandon elm Candell and Cadell Brandon en Cadell. I'll take three people that I'm too old to know for a thousand, Alex and then Mallory James Mahoney is Katie Cooper. Mahoney played Destiny Baker for seasons three through seven. Of Disney's Bunked and joined the Descendants movie for the third one as Eve. She's also currently attending college at Texas Christian University also known as TCU. Another Bunked veteran, Kevin Quinn, plays Zach. He also appeared on Shameless Chicago p D and the Netflix movie A Week Away. But the cast means nothing if the movie's too long. It's important to remind you here at Magical Rewind, we only sport films that are ninety minutes long. It's the perfect amount of time, and nobody can convince us differently. So just how long was this Adventures in Babysitting? I don't remember how long the original one was, but it was perfect. It is this one ninety three minutes? How disappointing? Three off target? That's one hundred and eighty minutes of horror? Might as well be Can we just move on? Probably because that's the only way contractually we can finish the recording of this podcast, because it was up to me, I just walk away right now? Ninety three minutes? How dare they? And of course on script duty, we've got Tiffany Paulson, a buzzy name these days in Hollywood. The two thousand and seven Nancy Drew movie was her first job, but she's also written Turkey Drop with Olivia Holt and Holidate with Emma Roberts, who she's also worked with in the twenty twenty two's About Fate. She directed the twenty twenty four movie Winter Spring Summer Fall with Jenna Ortega, and is currently writing and directing in a Holidays starring Matty Ziegler and Rob Low. So let's round up the kids. We're going to a rave to rap battle. This is Adventures in Babysitting the dcom. We get a very abrupt opening with Jenny, played by a young sprien of Carpenter, sitting in her room calmly stating an affirmation. You are smart, you are talented, just do your best and stay calm. Then we got our opening credits with the theme song wild Side by Carpenter and Sophia Carson. We see Lola for the very first time, throwing ripped up paper in the air. She's working on a very abstract and very messy photography project. Meanwhile, Jenny's in her room carefully placing traditionally shot photos into a spotless portfolio. They're clearly both artists with two very different styles and approaches. Eventually, Lola runs out the door with her giant canvas, bumping into things on her way out to a painted jeep with eyelashes on the headlights. I just want to say this out loud, other than our clear and awesome race, buddy, Erica Enders, I don't want to be friends with anybody who has eyelashes on their car. Did you ever have eyelashes on your car, Sabrina? No, thank god.
Speaker 2: Although every holiday I see the antlers and the key holiday is different, we'll do and I'm always like, oh, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: That's allowed on holidays. That's the holidays are okay, that's cute for you. Please don't put it on my car.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, well, Jenny backs up and almost runs over a guy, and now we're outside Jenny's house. The music abruptly stops. She apologizes to Zach, the boy she almost killed, who immediately recognizes her too. He's like, wait, you're a Sabrina Carpenter. She's in a hurry to a big interview, but also wonders what he's doing in her driveway. Well, he tells her that apparently the swim team is having a car wash and a girl named Dominique is helping him hand out flyers. He tells Jenny to come by later and he'll throw in free tire cleaning. They awkwardly say goodbye, and when he walks away, Jenny is thrilled. Oh my gosh, Zach wants to polish my tires. And yes, that is absolutely a euphemism.
Speaker 2: I feel little. I put it on my Sabrina seas I felt weird about it, did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants to polish my tires. It's a little weird. It's a little weird. Yeah, we know what you're saying, Sabrina. I've heard some of your music. The song wild Side continues to play as Lola and Jenny speed somewhere we're not sure where. Lola is driving haphazardly fast and Jenny is cautiously slow. Eventually, lo screeches into a parking lot, bumping into a curb, which Jenny pulls perfectly into a parking spot. They both walk towards the large Vasquez office building, but Lola stops for a detour to buy some freshly squeezed juice and answer a phone call. Jenny on the other hand, is already in the waiting room giving herself a pep talk about how she is a brilliant artist. Lola is now arguing on the phone with her mom about not going to college and her unpaid parking tickets while sprinting up the stairs. Then she runs into Jenny, mistaking her for a receptionist. Lola introduces herself. Hi, I'm Lola Prez. Could you let mister Vasquez know that I'm here because I'd appreciate it. Jenny explains she is a finalist for the photography insterernship and what a coincidence. Lola is too. Then the real assistant to mister Vasquez arrives, shushing them to be quiet. Mister Vasquez is having a creative moment. He asks them for their portfolios and tells them to take a seat. It could take ten seconds or ten hours. While waiting in silence, Loa recognizes Jenny as the nerdy sophomore in her senior geometry class. This is where they start. The ages start to get a little muddled for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, by the way, i think I'm not gonna have Sabrina sees, because I think we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Talk, Okay, well, let's talk about it all because so that's okay, what they the way they wrote it was weird. What she meant was so Sabrina's character Jenny is a senior now though, yes, because she's gonna go to college and do everything. So Lolo would actually be if a sophomore or junior in college if she was there. Okay, So she does at one point say she's nineteen because some of the that happens with her gets real problematic. Yes, if not, if she's even nineteen to me is pushing it a bit. But they really went out of their way to show that she's of age. I'm of age, I'm of age because some of the stuff gets a little yes, or can get a little wicky. So anyway, yes, she's in the senior So she should have said when I was when I was back in high school, you were a sophomore when I was a senior, right, something like that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, they blow it by quickly on this part, but then hit it on the head.
Speaker 1: I had to hit her. Yeah, yeah, yeap. Jenny says she's not nerdy, she's just dedicated. She skipped the eighth grade and is on track for early college admissions, so she's even younger than she would have been a freshman. Jenny is hoping this injured hip looks good on her resume. Lola opted out of college and this internship with mister Vasquez would fast track her career as a real artist. Then Jenny's phone rings. It's Professor Anderson, a teacher that is supposed to be writing a recommendation letter for her. But that's not what the calls about, because the teacher is actually looking for a babysitter. Unfortunately, Jenny can't. She's already booked with the Coopers at night, but if she can think of anyone, she'll let her know. Lola, of course, is not impressed, wondering what it's like to be a babysitter for just five dollars an hour. Jenny defends the gig, saying it's twenty dollars an hour and double on holidays. Lola is obviously very impressed by that, but says she's never babysat because she has a real life. We already talked about whether you babysit now and how you hire people, like, oh, yeah, five.
Speaker 2: Dollars, that'd be wonderful. I have to that that's part of like being a mom in the sense of, like any type of work, you have to factor in how much it's gonna cost you to.
Speaker 1: So let me ask, watch your kids. What does a babysitter go for? Nowadays?
Speaker 2: It's anywhere from like fifteen to twenty sometimes twenty five dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: Wow, expect that's a great way for a kid to make some money.
Speaker 2: Well, And but you do it based on like what they are. Like if you're going like nanny style, like you're talking to somebody who's like, oh, that can be sixty or seventy that kind Yeah, like that goes up real real quick. Yeah, But when you're talking about like a high school kid and what they're gonna be doing with your kids, like they come if they're going if you went out for a date night, you're talking they're coming over six o'clock, so you've probably Eiy're figured out dinner already, you know what I mean. And the kids are just playing and watching you know TV, do you know all that kind of stuff. You just it's having any factor and what they're gonna do versus like a nanny is like full time. Yeah, it's a totally different they're driving your kids. They're doing lots of stuff that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, finally mister Vasquez arrives. He's excited to meet his magnifico finalists. When standing to greet the boss, Jenny accidentally bumps Lola's freshly squeezed juice, spilling the bright red drink out of the white carpet. This is turning into a nightmare. And in the chaos, they drop their phones, and when they bend down and retrieve them, they accidentally grab each other's phones. Hello, stuck in the suburbs, we have a repeat decom plot.
Speaker 2: People at least their phones look the same. They're both iPhones.
Speaker 1: That could happen, but still, who doesn't check to make sure it's your phone? All youtub is when you pick up the phone, you turn it to you and the screensaver pops out, and if it's not my wife and I, then it's some other person's phone. Seriously. Luckily, mister Vasquez does not appear concerned about the carpet. Missed a huge joke here. He should have stopped and bent down and looked at the carpet and been like this beautiful yeah, because he loved you know that to show how eccentric eccentric he was. They made him way too stuffy by the way, suit and tie never should have had that he should come down and painted overalls holding a camera. I mean, they like they miss they missed the boat on that guy. But anyway, he's decided actually to cancel the interviews today because they have such drastically different artistic points of view. He thinks he'll need a more unconventional approach. He wants the girls to dazzle him, which honestly feels a bit like an HR issue. Lola starts speaking Spanish about her new radical digital effects, and Jenny followsuit, speaking Spanish, albeit poorly, about experimenting in black and white. And with this in mind, he gives them until Monday to present something new. May the best artist win. And this kind of never comes back, at least it does for Lola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a repetitive thing, but no, but she she has a moment when they're like talking at the end, at the very end, that she brings that back. Right.
Speaker 1: But until then, the entire adventure in the middle, there was no competition between the two of them in any way, shape or form. Jenny completely forgot about it. And Lola completely kept doing it, and I get why they did that, but they should have started where both of them are trying to do something. And then it tapers off for Jenny as she realizes this is actually Lola's life.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true, but they do. You're right.
Speaker 1: We're now outside the building. Lola notices she's getting a parking ticket and runs the officer. Oh, the officer, she was in a loading zone and tries to explain how important her meeting was. Her phone rings again, and this time the ring tone is Beethoven, and she's not really weirded out by this. She just kind of answers the phone, shouldn't she know? By that point that it's like, oh my, oh my god, I don't have this. Where's my pahonte?
Speaker 2: Yes? Nothing, Well, she's mesmerized.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, yeah. Because the officer is impressed though, because for Elise is one of his favorites. He wonders if it's her boyfriend calling, which again seems weird for a cop to be flirting with somebody who looks like they could be in high school. And again they keep they they're specifically trying to do this stuff because a they cast somebody who's very young looking, and b he's like, I'm a rookie, this is my first day on the job, and I'm actually your age, ma'am. And it's like, okay, like it's still was a little weird. Did you find it a little weird? Okay?
Speaker 2: I didn't think cast scene made sense in the sense of she just still looks so young.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he did.
Speaker 2: He looked like not even in his early twenties. To me, he looked like more like twenty seven, right, Like he was like, there would look like a big.
Speaker 1: Gap and at best, she's supposed to be nineteen.
Speaker 2: Right, And we're watching a dcom, which at this point you can see the chaos and the very Disney Disney Disney version of.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I get what they're trying to do, but it wasn't It gave me a little bit of the ick if if I'm honest, not all, but enough to be like.
Speaker 2: Stretch. It didn't give me the ick. It was just a stretch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they just yeah, it was. It was they're talking about high school and then she's out there flirting with a cop.
Speaker 2: It was like, right, and in my head, I didn't see this character coming back into play.
Speaker 1: Ever, Oh you didn't. Oh my god, I knew this was instantly play.
Speaker 2: I thought this was just part of her chaos life.
Speaker 1: I knew that something crazy was going to happen, and eventually she was going to need a cop and it was going to be Officer mcdreams, I knew. Oh, I knew that instantly. Yes, so yes. He wonders if it's her boyfriend calling, which is weird. Uh. Lola says she's single and answers that her phone, which is strange. But it's Zach, the boy that Jenny almost killed. He has an extra ticket to the Psychic Rockets to the Psychic Rockets concert tonight, and was wondering if Lola. Okay, So here's the thing. Lola, who seems pretty excited at first at this point, cuts him off. Oh I love that band, but I hate concerts. Sorry, Zeke not interested. Then she hangs up. Okay. She either knows it's not her phone and is now destroying somebody's life without caring about it, yes, or somehow doesn't know it's her phone and thinks she's just blowing off a random guy calling. Either way, she comes off looking pretty awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does and she's she definitely looks like.
Speaker 1: Which one do you think it is? Do you think she knows it's the other girl's phone?
Speaker 2: Obviously knows it's her. The other girl's phone, obviously knows she doesn't know a guy named Zeke. But for some reason it's like, oh, I love that band, and then I don't know. That part was just kind of like, I don't know. She just seemed so rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she should have it should have been so Again, there's a lot of what it should have could it. But from a writing standpoint, they should have left the meeting on very bad terms, the two of them. They should have essentially hated each other so that when she realizes she has her phone, it's intentional that she's gonna screw her over. Yeah, like oh oh no, sorry, Zeke, I'm not like, ha, see what you think about that? As opposed to they just kind of blew it off.
Speaker 2: Sure I'll see you there and set it.
Speaker 1: Up like she's gonna blow them off. Yes, I mean, there's plenty of ways to do it. This was just poorly written. It was muddle.
Speaker 2: It was a weird. Yeah, it was muddled, and it was just kind of I just felt. The way I saw it was it was playing into her very like frivolous like character. She doesn't really care much about people on the road as she's driving. She doesn't like you know what I mean. It's like she just doesn't.
Speaker 1: She lives in her own world, right, But she's doing this with somebody else's phone. She doesn't even really register the fact. I mean, anybody, especially from the phone era, even in twenty sixteen on, you're gonna freak out that you don't have your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna freak out that you don't have your phone.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. It's like, oh my god, this isn't mine. Where's my phone? Oh it's upstairs. I've got none of that. Was like, I'm gonna screw you over and put it back in my pocket. It was. It was very strange the way, but.
Speaker 2: He was there, the cop was there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I get it, but I know that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: As we see is set up for the remainder of the n.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say, there's a lot going on, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: You gotta pay attention because it's like they are.
Speaker 1: Happening. It's a very frenetic movie really yeah, yeah. So Lola then turns her attention back to the cop, begging him to ignore the ticket. Her parents will take her keys away. He says he's sorry, but he's a rookie. I'm a rookie man and just over your age and can't break the rules. But he's sure a smart girl like her can find a way to pay for the ticket. Again, all this seems like a real isshue. Lola is bummed to find out it's eighty dollars. How is she going to get that? Then right on time? Her cell phone rings still Beethoven and now it's missus Anderson. She still can't find find a babysitter. If Lola knows anyone, she'll pay double Lolan. Now, as Jenny says, my good friend Lola is very responsible and I'll send her over. Still weird how she's handling this phone situation. Now Jenny's pulled up to the car wash. She's excited to see Zach bringing her dirty tires as requested. Again weird euphemism, but now hurt she isn't going. But now hurt she isn't going to the concert. He just looks at her and robotically says, sorry, we're closed, and then he grabs that hussy Dominique's hand and walks away.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's not Dominique's fault. Don't you get mad at her.
Speaker 1: I blame Dominique.
Speaker 2: You cannot blame her. Although she is waiting in the side wings, just waiting for her chance.
Speaker 1: Drooling over Zach can't tell she is Zeke. No Zach, it's Zeke. It's Zach. She calls him Zeke by accident as a joke. Is really Zach? See, you didn't even know the poor guy's name. Oh God, it's Zack, Zach Zach. I can't believe they.
Speaker 2: Use that name again. How dare dcom ever used the name Zach?
Speaker 1: Don't you think it's Seriously it should be retired like a basketball number. Like you can never use Zach again in a dcom? What?
Speaker 2: What sacks actual character? Save shit? I'm gonna get myself in trouble.
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait, what are you talking about? From? From? Uh? Troy? You mean Troy Boult Troy? Yeah, even I know Troy Bolton. He's dreaming. I knew Bolton, she wrote, Troy. I knew Bolton my son. Okay, So now we at the Anderson's house, and I'm gonna keep saying're at the Anderson's house, We're in the kitchen, We're over there, because we're all over the place. It's very fast. Her son Trey, is on the phone with a friend planning to sneak out when his mom leaves. Missus Anderson walks in, angry that he spent two hundred dollars on apps without permission. I assume she means computer apps, because even I couldn't ee two hundred dollars for apps. She takes away his phone and tablets. I probably could. Actually, she's leaving for the Galla soon and instructs him to be nice to the babysitter. He asks if it's Jenny, because obviously he's happy about that, then finds out it's one of her friends filling in. Missus Anderson tells him to shape up because at this rate, he'll never be rebule enough to babysit. And this is where they You know, Keith Coogan's character was in love with Elizabeth Shoe, as we all were and should be in the Original Adventures of Babysitting. So they try to keep some of these tropes going. And now we're in the kitchen, Missus Anderson's other son Bobby is making a mess while baking. Their younger daughter, aj is in head to toe protection roller skating in the house. She's upset because her dad promised to take her to the roller derby, but he's got the dates mixed up. He has to go to this very important gala where their mom is being celebrated over Now, at the Cooper's house, Little Katie is in her mom's bedroom as Missus Cooper's trying on a fancy red dress. Missus Cooper notices Katie is wearing red lipstick and expensive large earrings. She's instructed to take them off, but Katie explains, if my sister's allowed to shave her head, then I should also be able to wear diamonds. So we instantly cut to the bathroom. Emily is about to shave one side of her head when Missus Cooper barges in to stop it. Emily is furious at her sister for tattling, but Little Katie reveals, you don't have the right head shape for a buzz cut. Missus Cooper tells the girls to be good for Jenny, the babysitter, and that's when Jenny bowls up for a night of work. She hears a musical ring tone and realizes it's Lola's phone and they swapped. I mean, she got it right away and was upset that somebody else had her phone. We're also supposed to believe that she went a couple hours as a kid without looking at her phone, which I don't buy. Jenny answers the unknown number and explains the situation. The guy on the phone still invites her to a toga party, and it frustrated, Jenny hangs up, slamming her head on the car horn, and now Lola arrives at the Andersons. Alison answers the door and Lola calls her cute, just before the little girl slams the door in her face. Missus Anderson can't believe she just did that and reopens the door for Lola, explaining her niece bailed on her for a concert in the city. She asked Lola how long she's known Jenny and Lola fibbs, saying forever. They share a love of geometry and children. Missus Anderson introduces Lola to Bobby. Tonight he'll finish one hundred cupcakes for his Junior Chef competition. Bobby asked Lola to try his frosting, and she suggests that he needs to kick it up a notch. Bam. I added the bam if you know you know. Missus Anderson explains that Trey is upstairs grounded and Alison is sulky because she he's missing a roller derby. Then we meet Lady Marmalade, the fluffy white family dog who I thought was gonna have a lot more to do in this movie than he actually does. She also tells Lola that the stove and hot tub are strictly off limits while they're gone, and that Bobby has to return the kitchen to its pre cupcake tidiness when he's done with that. Missus Anderson leaves her number for Lola and tells her husband they are not taking the brand new beautiful suv to the city. Instead, they're gonna take the sedan. Before the parents leave, Missus Anderson make sure Lola can handle three kids on her own, but then she remembers, of course you can. She was recommended by Jenny. Lola smirks, Yeah, she taught me everything I know. We're now back at the Cooper's house, Jenny's already arrived and tells the Cooper's not to worry. Missus Cooper left money for ice cream, but Emily is banned from doing anything to her hair and Katie is banned from the fancy jewelry box. Missus Cooper leaves mint, safety pins and emergency cash, telling Jenny to take care of her babies. We are now in the Anderson house, popping back and forth her people. You gotta stick with us. It's gonna be like this for the rest of the movie. Lola is attempting to do their laundry as instructed, but immediately overflows it with detergent. She SUTs the door and hopes for the best. How do you just keep dumping detergent into the thing? If you've never done detergent in your life? You even though you don't dump a whole thing a detergent in there? Yeah, but she you're right, she's supposed to be scatterbrained. I get it. Then she spots a bathing suit and remembers, oh wait, there's a hot tub, and even though she was told that it was off limits, she rushes to the backyard. In the kitchen roller skating aj slams into Bobby, causing a hand towel to erupt into flames. In a panic, he throws a towel and it lands near the dog, just as Lola runs back inside, concerned about the screaming. And then Lola's switched phone rings. Little aj answers and says, Lola is busy putting out a fire with an extinguisher. Well, it's Jenny, and she can't believe what she's hearing. Lola is at the Anderson She is coming over right now and bringing the Cooper kids with her. Lola puts out the fire and calls it awesome, and now furious, Jenny arrives with her crew to find Lola is locked out of the house, and though Noah notices, we see Trey sneak out of an upstairs window. Now inside the house, Jenny can't believe what the kitchen already looks like. It's going to take forever to clean this up, and her reputation is on the line. Noticing he's missing, Emily rushes to Trey's room, sees the open window, and announces he's left for the Psychic Rockets concert. Jenny is beside herself. How did Lola let a fourteen year old kids sneak out into the city. The number one rule of babysitting is to never take your eyes off the kids, and all Lola is focused on is taking pictures with her camera. Now here's the thing. He's only supposed to be two years younger than Sabrina. Right, that's crazy to me because she's supposed to have skipped a grade, so she's supposed to be a senior.
Speaker 2: But at sixteen, So he's a sophomore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fourteen years old and has a crush on a sixteen year old. Not weird? Yeah, like, that's not weird. In you very Original Adventures of babysitting, she was supposed to be. I think maybe she was a senior. She might have been a senior and he might have been a freshman. That might have been how they did it, which again is totally weird. And this they're supposed to be like contemporaries basically, Yeah, so I would have Again, I'm gonna keep going the I would have route if I had to write it, though, he should have put up He put up a little bit of a stink, but it should have been a much bigger stink about I'm fourteen, she's sixteen. What do you think she's gonna do that I can't do. Well, she can drive you somewhere, other than drive me somewhere, what can she? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like it's supposed to go anywhere, right.
Speaker 1: It should have been a little more about how they're really close in age, which they are, because then the girl they cast to play, the girl who's gonna shave her head, looked way younger than him. Yes, and they seem to be Sabrina Jenny seemed to be kind of supporting that relationship later, like if he doesn't see your worth, he's not worth it. It's like you two are closer in age. It looks like than those two are.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I think she's probably a seventh or eighth grader, so she's probably twelve and he's fourteen or thirteen. Yeah, twelve, I would say. She seems like thirteen to.
Speaker 1: Me, and he's fourteen eight and she's sixteen. So they are all these kids essentially other than Lola, are.
Speaker 2: Like the same age, well except for these except.
Speaker 1: The two little girls. Yeah, but other than that, I mean, there's like three kids that are kind of the same age, which again is a bit like the so the Original Adventures and Babysitting of Memory Serves. It's two friends that are in high school, that are freshmen, their little sister, and they're being watched by the Lord's mistress, the most beautiful woman in the history of the world, next to my wife, Elizabeth Shoe, so exactly. So again, only one one person prettier my wife other than that pretty spect And I say that with all love and respect for Sabrina, but it goes my wife, Elizabeth Shoe, and then you and the rest of humanity Gay. So yeah, I mean, I guess it's kind of maybe the casting looked strange to me because a lot of them like they're similar in age.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth, she was supposed to be how old though.
Speaker 1: I think she was supposed to be twenty. No, I think she's supposed to be I think she's supposed to be a senior in high school. I think she'supposed to be seventeen.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, invariably people from the seventies and the eighties movies look way older for their age.
Speaker 2: The kids they did not cast, they did not cast of age or.
Speaker 1: But even when they did, you go back and you look at there's these things that I love looking at them because they just make me seventeen. Yeah, so that make me feel so old. But you go back and you look at how old actors were when they played certain roles, like Wilford Brimley in Cocun was like forty four, forty eight something like that. He's forty nine. He's my age in Cocoon. So it's like things like that, they just looked older.
Speaker 2: The friends was so much older than what they were playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the ages here were probably accurate, but the accurate casting in ages made them all all kind of looked like they were all contemporaries, yeah, instead of like, I'm babysitting for you. But I guess at the same time, if you're twelve, you might have a fifteen year old babysitter. I mean I guess right. I don't know, Yeah I could.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. Like I was just my nephew's thirteen, okay, and my sister was just telling me that she was out with some friends, and then the sitter that they were going to have had to leave at a certain time, and so then she just let her thirteen year old the kids were asleep everyone was done, and she's like, but you know he was home with them alone for like an hour. Yeah, that's fine, and she was going she goes, but I'm like questioning myself, like is that okay? And I'm like, well, the only time it wouldn't be okay is if there was going to be like some kind of emergency, if you got they live in Tennessee, if there was like a tornado ruff, that would be scary. But other than that, like, I think that's an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. I do too. It was. I think it's because they all look so young, which just kids nowadays just look young. I mean again, adults look younger than they did. You look at people now, like if you cast friends now, you're your early twenties trying.
Speaker 2: To look my age.
Speaker 1: You look magical. You look magical.
Speaker 2: You gotta try to look young.
Speaker 1: So they if they were casting you in an eighties movie, No, this is not a joke. You would be cast in an eighties movie as early twenties. No way, Yes you would, Yes, you would, Oh my gosh, early to mid twenties. You absolutely would, one hundred percent. If I shave my beard, they cast me mid to late thirties and I'm fifty. I mean that's the back in the day. Sure, that's what they look like. Go back and look at them. It's they look so much different the kids. Look at the kids that are supposed to be in Breakfast Club. Oh, they're all high school kids. They all look like they're in their thirties, compared to this group of kids who are supposed to be the same age. Anthony Michael Hall is supposed to be fifteen years old in Breakfast Club. He's the same age as the Zach kid or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, no, it is so different now. It is so different now. Anyway, well, were you talking about We're talking about adventures at babysitting, and we're going to get back to it. We were talking about the Lord's Mistress, so we're talking about yes, so yes. Jenny is now beside herself. How did Lola let a fourteen year old kids sneak out in the city. The number one rule of babysitting is to never take your eyes off the kids, and all Lola is focused on is taking pictures with their camera. They see Andre's tablet that he was getting the tickets from a place called Tiny's Pawn Shop. Because of course, when you need tickets, you go to a pawn shop. So Jenny decides they'll drive to the city.
Speaker 2: And fourteen year old knows this.
Speaker 1: This is the thing, just to see.
Speaker 2: It's like a fourteen year old knows to go to a pawn shop.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's weird. You also, you buy him outside the concert. It's more expensive, but you buy him outside the concert. Everybody knows that, right. Lola says she knows the city well, but Jenny is not interested in having a sidekick. Emily suggests they all go together. They're already in trouble since a total stranger is watching them anyway, and if not, they're willing to snitch to their parents about what's going on. So then the garage door opens, revealing that new suv. Missus Anderson didn't want anybody to drive. Jenny knows this is a bad idea, but it's the only car that will fit all of them. We're inside the Anderson's house now, now alone. The dog is jumped up on the stove to heat the meatballs, tipping over the pan and spilling pasta sauce everywhere, just as the washer explodes, shooting water and clothes all over the house. This is getting very bad. But back in the car, they eventually arrive at the pawnshop smack dab in a sketchy neighborhood and park across the street. Lola tells everyone to stay in the car and show grab Trey, but Katie has to go to the bathroom, so Jenny says they all have to go because again no child left behind. And that's when we and only we see that they are parked in a toezone just like the original movie. Inside the pawn shop, they enter just as the owner, Tiny is negotiating a deal to trade in a varmint for one hundred thousand dollars cash. Jenny tells him she's looking for a teenage boy who stopped buy for concert tickets. Tiny refers them to the quote unquote scalper, a man dressed as a ninja swinging around a sword, and when Lola tries asking the scalper about selling tickets, he responds by just saying, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Also, I don't know if scalper is an appropriate term anymore. Let's just say that somebody who's selling the tickets. When they threatened to call the cops. He admits the kid paid in ones, like he was going to a strip club and he hates ones. But the boy did mention pizza before he left. Emily knows Trey loves a pizza place called Mario's, revealing she may have a little crush on the boy. Katie even calls it stalking. Meanwhile, Bobby tried to feed the cage prized ferret, and now it got loose and is knocking everything over. Tiny's freaking out, but Lola is just taking pictures of all the chaos. Tiny eventually recaptures his little cash cow, and when Jenny looks outside, she sees the cars getting towed, and then the ferret gets loose again. When Lola takes a picture of Tiny and the scared pet, they all now run outside the pawn chop them. Yes, it's official. We have another crazy, wacky story about trying to sell an illegal, expensive ferret. How many of those have we seen? Kidding that's never happened. I don't think there's anything in the world like one hundred thousand dollars ferret is there, but who knows? There's million dollar coy fish? Who knows?
Speaker 2: I know, but I kept thinking of a kindergarten cop that ferret that saves the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I keep thinking of the ferrets that are one of them that dies in Beast Master.
Speaker 2: Oh so sad.
Speaker 1: God, beast Master was a good movie. Oh God, you know when when Rip Torn plays the bad guy, you're in for something. Okay, Now, the toe lady has locked up the car and is uh hauling it away, but she says she'll give them back their suv for one hundred dollars. Jenny realizes that she doesn't have her purse and no one has any money on them. The truck lady says she's opened until midnight and carelessly drives off with missus Anderson's suv. Jenny remembers she has ten dollars for ice cream and remember seeing a bus stop close by. They'll take the bus to Mario's Pizza. Bobby is snacking on candy he took from the pawn shop when Tiny and the Ninja threaten them from across the street. The kids take off and the guys start chasing after them, but a truck blocks the path and splashes the adults with that same giant puddle. Tiny tells a ninja they can't lose the kids because Lola has a picture of him with the stolen sapphire ferret. Okay, I'm just letting it slide. Again. I wish I would it was something other than a ferret, something other than something ridiculous, and that the bad guys were actually more bad guys, and they could have still disnified it up without making it so wacky and crazy, which kind of it just it diminished the danger as opposed to escalating the danger. And I think they could have could have made it a little more. But hey, again, it's a d com. I get it. They're trying to attract younger a younger audience too, so the bumbling kind of people coming after it totally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I feel like the fact that there was nothing really on the line with these guys just kind of made them not necessary characters. I agree, Like they had they had so much going trying to find this kid, trying to get like, as we keep continuing, like they have been chased, really didn't no need to happen? I agree, because there wasn't really anything on the line. No, and again they didn't even know why they were being chased by these guys.
Speaker 1: No, And it's one of those things where the now see in the original Adventures in Babysitting pg. Thirteen compared to dcom what happens is and this is where it shows it's way more adult. Is the Keith Coogan's friend. So one of the on running storylines of Adventure in Babysitting Adventures in Babysitting is that there is a naked pictorial of a woman in Playboy that looks exactly like Elizabeth Shoe. So she's in a Playboy.
Speaker 2: I've seen this movie, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's great. And the kids, the kids are looking at So these two freshmen are looking at Playboy and he puts a copy of it in his backpack. It drops out later and he picks thinks he picks it up. So their car gets stolen while they're in it. A guy comes in literally car jackson while they're in it and brings it to a chop shop where they're held by actual criminals.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He sees a Playboy to replace his and grabs it and puts it in his backpack. Well, what you come to find out is the actual list of the cars that were stolen and where they're gonna go were written into that Playboy. So that's why the real bad guys with guns who want them dead are chasing these kids in adventures and babysitting because they have the Playboy with all the other so obviously they can't do that in this one. They can't have nakedness, they can't have Playboy.
Speaker 2: You are talking too different level movies.
Speaker 1: But that was PG thirteen.
Speaker 2: Back in the day Playboy was PG thirteen.
Speaker 1: Well you never saw she obviously posed for the real Playboy that she posed for the cover Elizabeth Shu. But she's covering everything on the cover, but you can tell it's clearly her and it's supposed to be a porn star who looks like her, and so the whole movie, people are like recognizing her and she's like, it's not me, but it's there being chased because they actually have something that real criminals are after, and so they could have ratcheted up a bit. Obviously they can't do that, but something could have been a little easier. Right.
Speaker 2: The kids don't know about this list of cars either.
Speaker 1: No, they have no idea. They know that they are chasing them and literally want them dead. Yeah, so yeah, it's crazy. But now all our kids because they have a picture of this guy with the ferret not quite the same. They board a bus, but they find out the ten dollars is not enough. The driver says it's actually twelve dollars. Lola and Jenny argue over not having the money, and the bus driver eventually doesn't want to hear margure anymore, so he just tells him to take a seat. They eventually make it Tomorrow's pizza shop. They find Trey at a table with his braddy friends. Emily says hi, but Trey ignores her. He instead asks Jenny not to rat him out because he'll be grounded for life. Lola reveals herself as the babysitter, and Jenny says it's time to come with them. They have a bigger problem than this concert. They need to scalp Trey's ticket for the money. Jenny finally takes Katie to the bathroom and Trey continues to ignore Emily. Disgusted, Emily rolls her eyes and tells Lola she's going to the tattoo shop. Lola barely cares and tells her to have fun. Go express yourself as Emily then just walks the tattoo shop next door now we're in the bathroom. Jenny overhears girls talking about how Zach Chase is taking that Fluozy Dominique to the concert. With this news, Jenny screams no tipping off the gossipers to her eavesdropping. The girls admit they never thought they'd se Jenny out in the city on a Friday night. She pretends she's obviously with the mature city friends. Just then, little Katie comes out of the stall. She needs help pulling up her stockings. Jenny pretends she doesn't know the girl, but we're help her and walk her out to find her mom. And then the thing that was interesting about these girls in this storyline is nothing happens again, and you never ever anything to do with this at all.
Speaker 2: You think you're supposed to hate these girls, but don't worry. They don't come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they don't come back. She don't see them at the concert. Later, she doesn't see them in school. Nothing, they don't come They don't.
Speaker 2: Ruin her life.
Speaker 1: These were scenes, yea, these were scenes who didn't need and I get what there was other ways to find out that this guy went to the concert without him the whole adding this scene, I mean twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: She could have just been on her phone's going on Facebook social media, yeah, and she's like, oh my god, I found he's going anyway. He just posted a pitcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The two guys from the pawn shop arrive at Mario's just as Emily returns now excited to show them her new henna tattoo. The guy did it for free because he liked her Aura. Lola loves it, but Jenny hopes it comes off with soap and water. Then the pawnshop guys push their way inside the restaurant. Once spotted, the kids all scream and run into the back alley. Katie tells Trey that the guys are after them because Bobby stole a candy bar and can't give it back because he's licked it. Just as they open a side door and run inside to the next building. That's when we find ourselves in a big clothing factory, like a cleaning factory. As the kids hide, the pawnshop guys follow close behind and promise they just want a reasonable conversation and the camera, so they do yell, we need the camera. The kids decided to ride on one of those conveyor clothing belts that you'd find in a dry cleaners while hanging in jumpsuits, which if you go back and watch again, they're all just regular hangers, so there's no way in hell that would actually hold up. Tiny turns around just in time to catch them, but he can't reach His name is Tiny. After all, the kids successfully escape, riding into another room, then running away, they hit a dead end and there's only one way out. It's down through a close shoot, so one by one they grab the chain and jump down, and each actor they had doing it was obviously a stunt person is like hitting the wall on the way down, which was crazy. The pawn Chop guys hear some commotion and continue the chase, but when Lola throws a bag of clothes at them, they fall onto a metal slide, leaving them bagged with dirty laundry, then sent into a spin cycle. Very home alone kind of vibes here and just was getting very.
Speaker 2: Young, yes, very young, yeah, very Lola then.
Speaker 1: Jumps down, joining her friends. They all head out while the bad dudes are occupied. It is time to sell that ticket. Lola then jumps down, joining our friends. They all head out while the bad dudes are occupied it's time to sell that ticket. We're now it's side of the concert venue or the local fare, you can't really tell which one. Lola gives aj or Cameron tells her to guard it with her life. While she tries to sell the ticket, Bobby is still thinking about his cupcakes. Maybe they need some spice. Trey places his jacket on the bench and tells Jenny to use it like a real gentleman, but instead, Katie pops down and thanks Troy. Nearby, aj is practicing some advanced derby moves and Lola is soliciting possible ticket buyers behind some merch. Nearby are Tiny in the Ninja. They caught up with the kids and are ready to strike, but just then a police officer confronts Lola. It's illegal to sell tickets outside the venue. But good news, the presence of the cops at least does scare away Tiny and the other guy. I can't keep saying the ninja. The officer then takes Lola away. Jenny sees it all unfold and of course panics because, oh god, now one of them has been arrested. We're now at the police station, Jenny. The kids arrive only to find out. Lola is getting booked and telling a skeptical cop all about Tiny and the Ninja and the ferret in the interrogation room, which of course sounds like a ridiculous story. He reminds her that lying to an officer is also a crime. Bobby is worried that he won't find the perfect reading in time for the contest, while aj is pining for her roller derby team, and Trey realizes he's missing the biggest concert of the year. Jenny tells everyone to stop whining so she can focus on what to do next, and that's when she notices that Emily has dyed her hair green, which I thought it was going to be shaved, so that's not nearly as bad. Jenny's not happy and spirals because everything's getting worse. She kind of takes set out on Emily, who then gets upset and pounts in her seat and is clearly feeling very much alone. But now we're back in the interrogation room. The police officer mentions Lola has an extensive record, which really she doesn't. She's just parking tickets, which is what she points out. They're parking tickets, not bank robberies, and then rookie McDreamy officer James, the flirty officer that gave Rod of the ticket earlier, arrives to help. He walks in and looks right at the camera and says, I'm only twenty. He doesn't but shit. Back in the lobby, the police have taken a bunch of roller Derby players into custody because of disorderly conduct, and AJ can't believe her eyes. It's her favorite player, Jailer swift Quick Sabrina, what would your roller Derby name be?
Speaker 2: Ooh, slick slider? I think wow, I think kind of just I've seen roller Derby as they're wild.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Slider's great.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'd be able to Yeah, slick Sliders, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: That's great. I'd be Willpower.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've used that before because it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you want me to do that'd be my awesome name all the way around. Well. AJ approaches her hero and shows her a move she's been practicing for six months. Jayler is impressed and tells Aj to work on her technique. Then, just like that, Aj successfully performs the corrected move and pressing jailer and her teammates even more. Emily is still sulking when she notices a sleeping man with a phone in his hand while he's catching some z's. She creeps up and takes it. At the gala, Missus Cooper's phone is ringing, but she doesn't notice. She's too focused on being social. Back at the police station again, again, a lot of cuts. It was Emily calling missus Cooper. She leaves a voicemail begging for help, detailing the situation and that they're all in city jail. Yikes. But before she can finish, the sleeping man is woken up and takes his phone back In the interrogation room, flirty Officer mcjames, that's what I'm calling from now on. Now alone with Lola agrees, other than the parking tickets, she's clean, but he wonders what kind of an example she's setting for those kids. She confesses that she lied. She isn't even the real babysitter, and she knows nothing about Beethoven. Her grades weren't good enough to get into art school, but now she has a chance to get a photography internship with her IDOL that could change her life. She apologizes for lying and tells him he's cute. He lets her go, of course, because why not. Pretty girl can't arrest her, and walks her back to her friends, who are excited to see her. AJ takes a picture with the roller derby team, leading to another fight amongst the teams at the police station, which then turns into chaos. The kids decide to leave the station. The cops actually rush them out because it is a big brawl. We're now outside the station. The pod shop guys are across the street, still here, and notice AJ still has the camera. Jenny has had enough. This has gotten well out of hand. She thinks they should just call the parents, but the kids all scream no, and as the group argues, Tiny now creeps up and quietly tries to take the camera from AJ, but instead of rolling over, she does the roller derby trick she's been practicing and knocks Tiny down. All this happens within a foot of all the other people, and no one notices anything. AJ screams any and Lolo too busy fighting to notice, so she skates off with Tiny and now Ninja close behind. We also see that Tiny has dropped his keys. Bobby has noticed AJ has gone and finally alerts the babysitter. They pick up the car keys and let's just say borrow tinye car. Now we're outside the met gala again or whatever kind of gal it is. Missus Cooper can't believe her husband is making her leave the gala because of some prank. Again, a message from their kids saying we're in jail. Everything's awful, and the mom is like, I can't believe you'd believe that. I mean, mister Cooper says Emily sounded terrified, but Missus Cooper promises nothing has happened. What kind of kid pranks their parents by saying we're having a horrible night, we're stuck in jail, And what kind of mom is like, I can't believe you'd make me leave for that. She was the worst mom in this whole movie, bar none terrible care.
Speaker 2: We haven't had a bad mom on the list in a while.
Speaker 1: She's a bad mom, but an even worse wife. She just bashed this husband the whole movie like you're an Oh, I had to babysit all night because my husband's an idiot like that kind of it was like, oh, yeah, it was terrible, So yeah, I'm putting her. I'm officially nominating her on the list, all right, And now inside the car, something's definitely happening. They drive after Aj on her skates and they're spotted by an out of breath tiny who's trying to run on the streets, but he sees that they've taken his car. They also spot AJ, who's weaving in and out of people and almost hit the ninja on his bike, but in the process, Lola drops her cell phone in the car. We're now back again. Lots going on. Back outside the gala, Missus Anderson is about to give a big speech when her cell phone rings. Loa has accidentally called her. In the middle of the chase, Missus Anderson tells the audiences to babysitter and answers, which is what a mom should do. Lola thinks quick on her toes and says she's just checking in. Everything's fine. Missus Anderson tells the audience everything's fine and goes back to her speech. But back in the car, nothing is in fact fine. Just as Missus Cooper complains about missing their best friend's speech, she sees a kid roller skating down the street. It's Aj. They don't notice it though. They just believe that it's some little girl roller skating on their own and who would let their kids roller skate in the city alone. Back inside Tiny's car, still filled with all the kids, they have their eyes on AJ and she's headed for some picnic tables. She quickly jumps on them, knocking everybody's food off while screaming sorry. Finally, the bad guy wipes out and the kids stop the car to grab AJ. They run away and leave the car behind to sneak in a side door, closing it on Tiny and the Ninja at the very last second. The kids have now found themselves backstage in a pack nightclub. Sorry, I just need to breathe. There's a lot going on, but this is so fast. Again straight from the original movie, where Elizabeth Shoe and the kids find themselves on stage at a blues club. Jenny pushes through the curtain, shocked at what she sees, then accidentally unplugs a wire. Everything including the DJ, shuts down. Now in total silence, Jenny, Lola, and all the kids are standing on stage. The crowd is staring right back at them. Jenny says sorry and tries to walk off, but the DJ tells her to stop. She can't go anywhere. She's got a quote, spill her rage and start rapping. She pushes back, no way she's gonna rap, but eventually she gives into pressure. It gets very eight mile quickly. She's nervous, but eventually gets into it, and the kids all chime in breaking down everything that's happening during the night, which again is exactly what happens during the Original Adventures of Babysitting. She has to sing the blues, and she's singing the babysitter Blues. It was cute in that movie. Then Lola jumps in and we have a real rap battle, but they're really just talking. Not sure i'd call it rap. What did you think of the rap battle and the electric slide in this kind of entire scene. Did you find this cringe at all?
Speaker 2: I don't want to say cringey, It just was kind of I mean, at this point, like you said, we're bouncing, we're moving, we're going. There's a million sets. I kept thinking, like, how many days did they have for shooting this dcom? Because yeah, usually it's like what like six weeks, seven weeks. It doesn't seem like they usually have to do that. Yeah, like this movie just there's so many different sets. We're bouncing, we're moving. At this point, I'm just kind of like it makes sense. I think the audience obviously there's a built in fan base audience that loves both of these girls who both sing like so there's like a this is the moment that makes sense for them. But the fact that it started rapping, I was like, what, Like that was so strange to me that that's what the turn we took I expected. Once we get into the club, I'm like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm okay with it, because both of them looking forward to Yes, we we got a little pre preview of when Jenny or Sabrina's in the car and she's singing to the song, get a little preview of that. Hear them already singing.
Speaker 1: You know. I was ready for it me too.
Speaker 2: Then we hit the curveball with the rap, and I'm like, this isn't showcase the talent that I was thinking we were getting.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing, But it.
Speaker 2: Was also like kind of like already where we're going. I felt like I was just like ryetic of Dr Machine. Just Yep, this is Okay, I agree, we keep going.
Speaker 1: I thought this was a waste of talent. But you know who didn't the crowd who loves it.
Speaker 2: The crowd loved it.
Speaker 1: They do and bet uh oh who arrives Now Tiny and Ninja again. These guys are so annoying. They went through the front door, Jenny spots, and it's needed get them, yes, have them or have real danger or something. But the two pawn shop guys jump on stage and now it's their turn to drop the quote unquote facts outside the club. Now the kids file out the back door, and Cheney can't believe she just wrapped AJ calls are cool, and Trey agrees. Emily is not impressed. She didn't end world hunger people, that's what she says. At the police station. Now the coopers have arrived, checking to see if anyone's seen their kids, but all they get are laughs from the cops, which seem rude because there were kids in there. They're like, kids, we never have kids in here. You literally just had nine kids in your thing. Yet we're back on the sidewalking again. Jenny apologize to Emily about what she said at the police station, even though it's been an awful night. There's no reason to take it out on her and hurt her feelings, which is very nice. Emily calls herself an invisible dork, but Jenny argues she's not invisible. She's beautiful and she doesn't need green hair tattoos to get noticed. Being herself is enough and if Trey doesn't see that, that's his loss. Besides, and the lookover and the guys are dancing, boys are dorks, which is very funny. Emily agrees and hugs Jenny, but there is something she should probably tell her. We're now in another New York City block. The Cooper's wonder if Emily meant the North Park Police station. Missus Cooper's just tired and her feet hurt because again she sucks. We're now back with the kids. Aj reveals to Jenny that she left a message saying they were in trouble, and just like that, they all know they're screwed. And then just a staircase away, missus Cooper spots a girl who looks like Emily, but mister Cooper points out that the girl has green hair, so that can't be Emily, so they get in the cabin. They head back to the gala, I think, because why actually find your kids? And now a few feet away from that, Jenny has emily called the parents back to tell them it was a prank. But when she does this, as Cooper notices, the phone says Elle Perez, and since she doesn't know who it is, she doesn't answer. If your kids are missing and you were just at the police station trying to find them and something's going on, how would you not pick up that phone call?
Speaker 2: This is a so britest seas. Why aren't you calling the babysitter. Why have you not called the babysitter. Why have you not called Jenny who knows the babysitter. Why have you not called anyone that's at the actual house.
Speaker 1: Nope, that doesn't mean sense. Eventually it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yes, eventually they do. But that would be my first thing. Yeah, let me call my babysitter.
Speaker 1: This is one of the big problems.
Speaker 2: Let me call my neighbor who lives across the street. Yes, A, can you walk over to the house because I just got a really weird phone call. I'm trying to get home, but I'm still thirty minutes away.
Speaker 1: Is that agree?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be calling my dad who lives thirty minutes away from me, being like, I don't know if you could get there quicker, Yeah, get all ready, it'll be peace of mind.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's something there was. One of the main problems with this movie was making it two families and two babysitters. Means you have to track two sets of parents on the adventure right again, original adventure babysitting one family. You just set to stick with those parents and find out how do we keep them away? This way you've got to keep too and one of the ways they did is they're both at the gala. Yeah, it's a little I mean again, I get why they did it because you wanted the two dueling babysitters. Good idea, great idea, especially when you can cast Sabrina Carpenter and Sophia Carson.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one of the families probably should have been out of town so they weren't able to come back, so be something.
Speaker 1: But this was just very Yeah, you're just you're trying to do too much, and so that's why we keep having to cut back to this to that, to this to that, and you're cutting fifty times and a ninety three minute movie, you're exhausted by the time this movie, So you are exhausted, and again, it's not bad. That's not a bad thing. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going and things are starting to slip through the holes.
Speaker 1: Right, And this is where it gets a little even more absurd. Emily suggests going to the gala to erase the voicemail before their family hears it, but Jenny doesn't think they even have the money to get there. Katie reveals there's one hundred dollars bill in her mom's fancy coat jacket, so now they have to go to the galla to get it, but again they don't have the money to get there. Okay. As they arrive inside the Galla, Jenny realizes both the Andersons and the Coopers are there, so if she's caught, she'll never get that recommendation letter. And then, finally, in another weird twist, the pawnshop guys find the invite for the gala, so they head over there too. This is where the movie started to go completely off the rail show.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where I sort of got like you sort of lost me for it.
Speaker 1: Y I agree. Bobby smells impressive food and tray spots the coat room. They sneak over through the kitchen, where they see the chefs arguing. One spray's chocolate in the other's face and quits, throwing his hat in the air, which Bobby catches. The event planner is freaking out what's taking so long for dessert, and just like that, Bobby steps in and essentially becomes the head chef of this met Galla thing. And this is where I was like, really, he couldn't have walked over to a regular chef and been like you should have tried this ingredient or something where it's not This little kid is then surrounded by everyone in the kitchen and they're like, he's the head chef now. It was so it's getting so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That parfetched too much for me too. And yes, I think especially kids, like the kids do, some kids really do fall in love with like poking and things like that. So there is this like amazing, like you to actually have a kid running in a kitchen is very cool idea. It's its own weird that they yes, make it its own movie, but it's just weird that like it just happened so easily. Yeah, No, they just basically were like, oh, there's a kid here, you're in charge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now, and they're they're going to the gallery adults around. Yeah, they're going to the galla to try to erase the phone call.
Speaker 2: And get money out of there and get money. Yeah, we're starting to Yeah. But hey, listen, I sung a dog out of all exactly.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it. I didn't know what the press, I didn't know what the White House was. I get it. It happens. I was the devil's minion who had to buy the soul of a hockey player. I get it.
Speaker 2: Here, we're here, this is.
Speaker 1: What we're doing. This is what we're doing. This is what this is what we're doing. We're in, We're in. It's so true. Meanwhile, Katie and Jenny head to the coat room for one hundred dollars? Do you keep hitting cash with you when you try? I never have cash ever, ever. Ever.
Speaker 2: I hate when Jordan when we like Vala and Jordan looks at me and goes, hey, I don't have cash. He always does cash on him all the time, Hey do you have five dollars? And I always look him like, why do you even ask me?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just the opposite in our family.
Speaker 2: We go to valet somewhere, wall it into place, Apple pay everything, like, I don't even take my wallet in most of the time now you.
Speaker 1: Never have cash. Mister and Missus Cooper return to the galla to grab their coats and go home. Jenny and Katie see them and know they need to hurry up. They find the jacket, but before they can get the money, the coat lady grabs it away. Missus Cooper herself trives are a fancy one hundred dollars bill jacket and decides she's getting dessert. Since the Coopers know what Jenny looks like, they have to dress Lola up and heels in a faux fur to go inside and steal the money right from missus Cooper. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Bobby is now Gordon Ramsey and he's taste testing everything. Nothing's working. Someone brings him seaweed and he agrees that's the secret ingredient he's been looking for, because yeah, when you need something, it's.
Speaker 2: Sed final straw. That was my final straw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seaweed on the seaweed on a chocolate moved and everyone's like, yes, this is it awful? Now, Well, now he thinks it's perfect, and just then Tiny in the nin arrive bad. These guys arrive back at the gala and tells security they are the kids. Yeah, but everyone is suspicious. We're now in the Gallo ballroom. Lola is trying to be inconspicuous but is fumbling in the heels. She ends up sitting next to Missus Cooper and faking a British accent, just as Tiny and then Ninjas bought the kids. Lola examines the fancy coat and drops to the ground. While picking it up, she ravishes through the coat pocket, first finding a twenty, which I'm pretty sure she pockets, and then finding the hundred, which she pockets. So she needed the hundred but also took the twenty With that. Lola says goodbye and leaves. Tiny and Ninja have finally found Jenny and try grabbing the camera from her, but Jenny fights back. Katie stops on his toes and during the melee they successfully get away. Then the ferret pops out of Ninja's jacket. Remember the ferret. He apparently takes him everywhere. The little rodent fully jumps out of the coat and runs into the party, causing everyone to run and scream. Tiny in the Ninja recapture the purple ferret, but security ends up arresting the guys before they can reunite with the animal, and I think that's pretty much the end of that storyline. We're now back in the kitchen. AJ is fast asleep and roller skates, and again, at this point, I feel like an I'm four hours into this movie. There's just so much going on. It is a is and again, it's not bad. It's just there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: It's just taxing. It's just like it is my go its okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, AJ's fastest, sleeping roller skates, laying on a rack of food. Trey hopes they aren't missing anything and wonders why Emily colored her hair. Emily says because she's boring, but Trey doesn't agree. He thinks she's pretty cool. And then Jenny and Lola run in. It's time to go nice cockblock Jenny. At the police station, flirty Officer mcjames gets a call about a big fat guy named Tiny, a tall, skinny guy in a hood and a sapphire ferret, and yes, he believes it because he wants to hook up with that nineteen year old girl that he pulled over twice today. But I'm a rookie. I'm a rookie. Outside the gallia, Lola can't believe everything that's happened. They all agree they made a pretty good team. Lola admits, I totally see why that guy asked you to the concert. Jenny's confused. What guy? Lola thinks his name was Zeke. Jenny can't believe Zach Chase asked her to the concert that would have only been the single most important night of her life. She asked Lola what she says. Lola says she may have implied that Jenny wasn't interested. Jenny is beside herself. Why would she do that? Lola said she was distracted by Officer McDreamy and tells Jenny it's not too late. She calls for a taxi now with one hundred dollars in her hand. Maybe that's what the twenties four, I don't know. At the gala, Tiny and Ninja are arrested by Officer Mcjames McDreamy, mcguy who probably has washboard abs, who says they won't be kidnapping any more exotic animals on his watch. Another guard is caressing the ferret not a euphemism. Missus Anderson tells her husband about a new voicemail from their alarm company, and now the babysitter isn't answering, Hey, that could mean something. He tells her to try the home phone, but we cut to a messy, empty house. No one picks up the phone, and the dog is still licking up the food. At least they tried to call their family. The other lady did not. We're now back outside the concert. The kids arrive but don't have a ticket. Lola says she'll handle this and asks the security guard what's it going to take for all of them to get into the concert? And again, this came off as creepy and weird to me. I'm sorry it just did. I don't know if my mind went to a creepy place, but that sounded creepy to me, he says. Her camera. Lola takes out the memory card and gives up her beloved camera to make things right, and then they all walk into the concert. Jenny thinks she looks like a mess, so with the help of Katie in the bathroom, she transforms into a concert ready, cool looking chick, but she still doesn't think she can do it. Lola tells her to look at everything she did tonight. Went to jail, stole a car, crashed a galup, and fought off criminals. Talking to a boy should be easy. But just as she finds the guts, the concert's over. Everyone's rushing out. Jenny's trying to find Zach in the crowd, calling on his name, and magically she ends up on stage and spots him. He's shocked to see her. She admits someone else had her phone or she would have went to the concert with him. He joins her on stage and tells her she looks beautiful, but she has to go, He insists, so go with her. Dominique, that don't get me started. Already left with her boyfriend. What a tramp? This girl is just hoppin' from one guy in many Dominique was probably fine, she didn't even have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of I'm sure she's a nice girl. Uh huh ah huh.
Speaker 1: Don't try that with me, Sabrina. The kids run in to find Jenny and she introduces everybody to Zach. Lolo reveal she got a missed call from missus Anderson, and they listen to her concerned voicemail. Together, Jenny thinks all the parents are probably on their way home by now, and she's bummed she ignored the most important rule of all. You never put a boy before you put the kids. Lola says it's her fault. She should never have taken the job because she thought babysitting was easy, but it's not. The kids list off everything they've done tonight too. They also have something to lose, and so in this together they run off for the towyard, but as they arrive, the toe ladies locking up the gate. They try to stop her, but she insists they're clothes. Jenny hasn't taken no for an answer, And this is the line that they took from the original one. In the original one, the kids are on a subway and a gang comes up to her and they take a knife out and they throw the knife into the kid's foot in front of her. The kid Keith Coogan's foot and say don't with the lords from Hell. And she picks up the knife, pulls it from his foot and puts it in his face and goes don't with the babysitter. And that's where the f so much it must have been two must be must be allowed to f words for the for pg. Thirteen, So that was their nod was don't mess with the babysitter because seeing a Sabrina Carpenter and DCM saying don't put the babysitter probably wasn't going to work. So they grab her keys and hauler to the gate. And now they got the car, it's time to race home. The dirty suv pulls up at the Anderson's house, Jenny tells Trey to get the hose and rints off the car. Everyone else goes inside to change into their pajamas quickly, but they're greeted by a huge mess once inside. Uh oh. Lola gives everyone a task to clean up as quickly as possible because we cut to the parents and literally the parents say, hey, how long is it going to take us to get home? Fifteen minutes because they wanted to put a clock on it, which was a scene we didn't need. Should have just been somebody going we don't know when the parents are getting home. Clean up as fast as possible, but the Anderson's are going to be home in fifteen minutes. The kids finally finish cleaning and Bobby makes a ton of cupcakes with time to spare. Knowing it's time to leave, Trey and Emily tell Lola and Jenny that they're both awesome babysitters. It's been the coolest night of their lives. Everyone agrees, and the babysitters leave, and just as Jenny pulls away, the Andersons pull up. Missus Anderson is happy to see the house isn't on fire, and Lola jumps on the couch to casually read a magazine is and walk in almost a shot for shot remake of the original Ventures in Baby City. Lola says things couldn't have gone better. The kids were angels and at the Cooper's house, Missus Cooper thanks Jenny for everything. Jenny swears it was no trouble at all, and with that out of the way, we're still on a nearby neighborhood street. Lola gets pulled over by the cops again and it's Officer mcflirty guy who asked the high schooler out this Saturday night or somebody who looks like she's in high school. Hopefully she's just a college dropout. This is hey, so am I. This all seems very morally ambiguous to me, but that's just me. I'm getting old, and so I judge. At the Cooper's house, Jenny is getting into her car when Zach pulls up to return Emily's headphones. He admits he kept them just so he can return them and see Jenny. Emily and Katie scream out the window ask her out, ask him out, which again take off from the original movie, and the guy they were asking out was again our good friend George Newbern in the original movie. They both ask each other out and say yes, and we end up at the Internship building, still not done. Jenny arrives and Lola's there too. Jenny and Mitchi's late because she needed sleep out her date with Zach last night. What the does that mean? Lola says, whoever is picked up for the internship She's okay, I mean, just weird to say that I needed a lot of sleep after my date with Zach last night. That's a weird line to throw out.
Speaker 2: Yep, it is in a DCM, in a d com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a weird lie. You just don't need it.
Speaker 2: Like that deserves a follow up question?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Really? What happened there? I know. Sorry, yeah, no, I hear you. It is absolutely crazy, but Jenny admits his internship isn't her passion. She called earlier and withdrew her application. She's taking the summer off to have some free time, which brings up the question why why was she there anyway? Lola asked Jenny if she can get some help with school applications, and Jenny says, sure, friends help friends. Lola admits she's retiring from babysitting and they both laugh. Jenny asked Lola for the pictures from the other night, and Lola promises to send them to everyone. With that, Jenny hands Lola her portfolio and they'll see each other soon. Lola opens the folder and it's pictures of the two of them. The portfolio close and it reads the end. That's when wild Side plays as little uploads all the videos we see remembering the crazy night, just like the Hangover, and that's our movie. I'm exhausted. Can we do some real reviews?
Speaker 2: Yes we can. We will get through these. This is a one star from thunder King six.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm kind of scared of this one, are you? The first five thunder Kings were awesome?
Speaker 2: How dare they tarnish the legend. This was disrespectful, bad actors, horrible camera quality, cheap environments, cliche, annoying characters, crappy soundtrack. This was a Grade A hash. No other show or movie has been called a Grade A hash before thunder King six. So harsh, take a seat, harsh, and just you are disrespectful.
Speaker 1: That's a little harsh. I have the five star review. This is from Nijuko. This movie is a really good movie. I've watched a few times, and each time I enjoyed watching it. I plan on watching this movie again very soon because I just love to watch it. I like every movie I've seen that is either Sophia or Sabrina in it. But I'll still come back to this movie. I really look forward to watching this movie again very soon. I just can't wait for that moment. Five stars. And now we come to our favorite portion of the program, and we're gonna get through this fast, people, because we know this has been a long episode talking about babysitting, but we need to make us feel a little worse about ourselves. So this feature is called sit that Baby. In conjunction with Jenny's Rules for babysitting, we'll be given a rule for babysitting. According to kidsit dot com, not googling that, and we have to decide if it's true or not. These are babysitter rules that all parents should have forced. Okay, three out of five wins. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 2: You get Lisa?
Speaker 1: Hey, Lisa, all right? So the number one rule true or false? Number one, instruct your babysitter to keep all family matters private unless you think it can affect your pay for the night. From kidsit dot com, I say that's false.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be false. It is false. Never gossip about the family.
Speaker 1: A mob it does. It does talk about the family, all right, So hey, we're one for one. Number two established guidelines for all appliances to prevent accidents. They'd say that's true. That seems pretty normal. True, true, all right. Two for two. Number three avoid talking about sexuality, death, Santa, or politics. I'd say that's probably true.
Speaker 2: I have it as false. They did not say politics.
Speaker 1: Oh that I'm giving that to us. That's three. We're in there. You can't do that. Uh. Number four in an emergency called the parent cell phone.
Speaker 2: First true true false? You call damn.
Speaker 1: I guess an emergency that it makes sense. Okay, okay, number five, Let them fall asleep at least five to ten minutes later than normal to make them feel like it's a special night. Oh I can see that, because then they'll be happy the babysitters coming. I say, yes, true, true, I have it as false.
Speaker 2: Oh stick? Were these worlds written? Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm still gonna say we won. So there? Did we get all the Sabrina seas?
Speaker 2: We got most of them? Except I did have one question that I wanted to clear up with you. Is it breaking? So in the very very early on when they're both in their cars and Jenny lip sinks the song that's obviously Sabrina and Sophia's song, right when she lip sinks it, is that because it's her singing her own song? Is that breaking the fourth wall?
Speaker 1: It's like breaking the sixth wall when you're singing your own song. I don't even know how that works. I was like, what is that?
Speaker 2: I just kind of it wasn't like she didn't look in the camera, but that's what I was like. What would that be considered anyway? That's something to think about, right, Yeah. The Sapphire Ferret was spray painted or.
Speaker 1: What like it must have been. They just died the first I don't think it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And then I had the Hangars was the but you did speak about that, but everything else we talked about, but the Hangars really killed me.
Speaker 1: That was like, that's they're not holding yet.
Speaker 2: Come on, we had to. We couldn't have think of anything else other than that.
Speaker 1: But those aren't holding up. Those aren't killed me. And that was it. All right? Now the team the short and sweet because we hit it all because this is a nine hour episode. This episode is longer than the movie by far. I love how ironically I'm the one who's like ninety minutes. And then I'll be like, here's our forty eight thousand hour podcast. All right, So this week we're gonna score this movie one to ten. We're gonna make ten the best this week because were hurrying through it. Our options are one to ten Keith Coogan, babysitter, movies, car eyelashes, polished tires, repeat, decom plot points one to ten, problematic cops, henna, tattoo, auras, fluzy dominiques. One to ten rage, spilled talk, battle raps, seaweed, ingredients one to ten purple rare ferrets or one to ten psychic rockets, And I think I get to pick this time, don't I am absolutely going with fluozy dominiques, dare she? I also think, do I go first? This time?
Speaker 2: You can go first?
Speaker 1: I can? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the honeyt s runk the kids, I went second and gave it a ten.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, So this movie is not as good as the original. No movies are or very few, so I'm not trying to hold it to the same standard as a PG thirteen that stars the one of the women that made me just fall in love with the world. So clearly not, you know, I can't do that. That being said, the movie's incredibly frenetic. There's a lot going on, there's too much going on, the storylines get muddled. The cast is great, it's still fun. So this is not overall not a bad movie. Am I gonna score this a ten? No, of course not. But I'm also not gonna score this a four. This was not this just the cast alone is worth several points in this movie, So I think I'm I'm fair in saying this is a solid six point five to a soft seven. Okay for a dcom this movie, And I think that's I don't think that's being generous, and I don't think that's being harsh. I think with the storyline and with the writing, with some of the stuff that needed to be changed, with the bumbling guys after them, which again it's a dcom, I get it, they have to bring it down, but they could have ratcheted up a little bit more than they did. They didn't have to go straight wacky. I think I'm fair with six point five to seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, Dominiques, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think same. The issues I had, the chaotic like going back and forth, I kind of just sank into because that was the demo that they were apparently wanting to go forward.
Speaker 1: It was what it is.
Speaker 2: And I'm watching a lot of obviously movies with my kids like more like that have that like like just constant go sure, so I sank into that level. I thought the two girls were so great. I would love to see them and I would one hundred percent watch anything that the two of them were in. I love them that much. That being said, if I see another freaking movie with them and they're not singing together, I'm gonna lose me, right, So that needs to be that needs to be said was documented. I would have given it an eight had that happen, but instead I'm going to do a seven because I didn't need a wrap battle for them. I needed a sing off or something. They performed. Both of them are phenomenal and I needed that a little bit. I thought you would get it in a movie with the two yeah seven seven floozy dominics in her favor. She did nothing wrong, she'd seem like a sweet girl. She didn't do anything they always do as just a good friend. Okay, so thank you everybody first of all for sticking with with us.
Speaker 1: But anyway, for our next movie, we don't have to go very deep for our deep dive because we're tackling a twenty twenty three coming of age comedy, The Slumber Party. This was produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, which is very exciting. It is available to stream on Disney Plus. So impress us with a little prep on your end. So thank you so much for joining us on this adventure in podcasting. See what I just did there, Serena, thank you very much. We really appreciate it and we will see you next time. Bye, everybody, k