Speaker 1: Start up up, start up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, Brooklyn buy, start up up up. They making noise, no up, start up up.
Speaker 2: Episode threeh eight. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: Speak faster, speak faster. I gotta get to the bottom of us. Look, I got to the bottom of what what what? Okay slices Right before we turned on the song to start the show, Scary says, look, look at me, look at my camera, look at me.
Speaker 4: Don't look any different.
Speaker 3: And he starts sticking his chin out and he's stretching his neck and I'm thinking he'd get a face lift. Is Tommy talk. I don't know what's different about me, Brody Look, I don't know. I'm looking okay, but I'm gonna say things that may be offensive. I don't want to say the wrong thing. Okay, go ahead, say what you want to say. Well, I said, your nose looks swollen. You said, that's not it. Thanks, it looks like you have more gray hair in the front. Now, well, no, because there's no product in it. So there's that your hair looks more gray. When you say product, you mean hair dye, no, whatever, no, whenever I put on whenever in the shoe, polish well, I usually put gel in my hair and it kind of.
Speaker 4: It has dark No, it's a darker feel. But yeah, the darker feel into your hair.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Okay, I put in clear gel. I put like studio line from Loreal is what I use every.
Speaker 4: Morning, and it makes your hair black from no.
Speaker 2: Because it's because when it gets wet, the wet look your hair looks darker. And by the way, the sunlight shining on my hair, so yeah, it looks yeah, but no, that's not what I was talking about. What's Let me keep going. What's the shirt?
Speaker 3: The neck of your shirt is drooping down so I can see like three inches of your chest.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that's not it. Zoom out, zoom out, maybe zoom out. Yeah, maybe zoom out your cameras to zoom out. Maybe maybe you're looking too closely, too granular. All I see you're trying to check for out of out of wack eyebrows and like straight hairs coming out of my nose. That's not what it is. And yeah, I haven't shaven for a while. These are things they haven't shaved. There's nothing different a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you asking me what's different in the in the whole screen I'm looking at or you.
Speaker 4: Physically, Yeah, the whole screen. What's's I see your shitty gold microphones being used?
Speaker 2: Now that is correct, even brody, and for all the slices you are listening to me on the gold mic.
Speaker 3: Finally, well, the light hitting off the gold mic must be beaming off the top of your head because you have gray hair.
Speaker 4: Look at that. It looks got my name in there engraved. Oh that's nice. I can't see it, says Scary Jones and Crie on the other.
Speaker 2: Side, huh so on both sides, it's almost for what that was for how many years on the show thirty twenty seven, twenty birthday, twenty fifty birthday? Yeah, gold fifty. You get gold free fifty. Isn't that great? And it works because I'll tell you what was wrong with it was it had a bad diaphragm.
Speaker 4: Well you've had that problem before with the ladies.
Speaker 2: When I got it. When I got and I plugged it in, remember how bad it sounded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well they say, Sam Scarry down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they sent it back to the company electro voice, and engineer Jeff said, hey, here you Mike came in today.
Speaker 4: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: And here I am, so here I am. It sounds and it sounds like the mic and remind the slices while you're using it at home?
Speaker 4: Well I have I.
Speaker 2: Don't have a microphone. Really, I don't have a dedicated mic position at work. I float around. I don't really get.
Speaker 4: That at sixty maybe yeah, But what I do have.
Speaker 2: Is the old microphone, which is uh that I've been using on this podcast since the beginning, which is now for sale. So I think I want to sell this so you know what, It's got a lot of scary show.
Speaker 4: Spit the DNA. Yea, who wants my scary spin?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: What are you going to do if the gold mic malfunctions again and you don't have the backup mic?
Speaker 2: I got three of the mics back here, but this one is now for sale?
Speaker 4: Am I selling that for you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: We are you doing that right here? I think I think we're gonna we're doing uh, we doing right now? We see two vs.
Speaker 3: Oh shoppers, check this out. It's one of a kind of scary Jones microphone.
Speaker 4: You gotta order it now. Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves those, don't They just love them? It's so easy to use that's right, Samantha Brody. Do you well, let me ask you this, what what do these retail for when they're new? Do you know the actual retail price is approximately three hundred and twenty five dollars?
Speaker 4: Is that right after there was like five six hundred bucks? No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The actual retail price if you want scaries is eight hundred and ninety seven dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, well, how much? What what's it worth? Looking? This is a heavy duty quality microphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a little and if you look at the screen on it, it's there's more than spitting there. There's definitely some food particles. Anyway, anybody want.
Speaker 4: To buy brought that? Did you buy that new? Or did you get it to bring?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I bought this one brand new?
Speaker 3: Oh so nobody else's specie it? Now if he took it from work from the old studios, that would have possibly everyone who's been on the morning shows DNA on it and some and some celebrities and celebrities right now like Taylor Swift, the microphone tailor Swift use last time she was on.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be worth a lot of money. This microphone here, I've been talking to and justin Timberlake's French toast one hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 2: We did this microphone here I've been talking into for wow, five years. I've recorded you know a lot of things on here aside from the podcast. Did you do the off air show with that microphone? Then off air show was done with this microphone. It's got to be longer than five years. We've been doing this for se No, of course, all my Slowman's commercials that I recorded from home and duncan dun't jingle? Hit the jingle hit di jingle twice and you stole me a combos one from last week.
Speaker 4: That's three hit him him. He's talking about I'm describing a situation to you. Hit both jingles. I want to both back to back now.
Speaker 3: And give me the product endorsement one. I'm gonna let you slide on the combos one, but those two you're not cut it out.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we addressed some sponsorship issues on Slice Time.
Speaker 4: Yeah we did for episode three h.
Speaker 3: Seven, cats up with that which there were any but yeah, okay, oh they weren't, but we addressed it.
Speaker 4: We did. So anyway, so happy to be here today. Yeah, you have the gold Mic. Yeah, anyway, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Elvis is obviously over fifty. In fact, he just turned sixty.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did, and he has a gold mic he does, and he got you and Danielle Gold.
Speaker 4: Mike's were turning fifty. Correct.
Speaker 3: Now when I was still on the show, I had turned fifty, Yes, over fifty when I left the show. Do you think he wouldn't have been able to get you two guys microphones at fifty because he didn't get me one, or he would have been like, fuck.
Speaker 2: It, you're not on the air that much. Yeah, I don't know, because I paved the way by leaving. Yeah, but you know you're sick. There's no other fish.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm not to go fuck yourself. You're not sixty. Shut the fuck up. I thought you were sixty. Oh sucker, Dick. I'm sorry. Well anyway, but you're older than me. But anyway, yeah, yeah, a couple of years older. He turned fifty first.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, well with that said, m I will tell you that I think that this was just a new, a new idea because Greg t if you remember, he turned fifty and he did not get one. Oh but wait, he was not working with the show at the time. He was already that's right, So yeah, so maybe.
Speaker 4: Let it know. Okay, well right there you go. All right, very good, very good?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, right, so where are we going? I don't know you you wanted to bring something up real quick because we had to take a break soon in a a little while.
Speaker 4: Do we do we really waste this much time?
Speaker 3: We may have We may have absolutely done that. You know what I want to do. I'm gonna just get this ready here, I want to play I want to play audio, but I'll play it after the commercial break. As you know, I mentioned previously on this podcast that I am I am going to be part of another podcast soon.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We spent three weeks coming up with names, and the name I came up with was selected. Very excited about that. And I have an opening song that we're going to be playing that I created for the podcast. And I would like to use this podcast as an opportunity to at least tease the podcast. And I'll tell you it's not debuting for another couple of weeks, but okay, I'll tell you a little bit about it when we come back. But yeah, I have I have a major target Scamboni. I need your opinion on this. Is it brilliant or devilishly evil and terrible?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I will well, before we do that, why don't we just play the song and just rip the bandate off.
Speaker 4: Let's get it going. Yeah, let's do it. First of all, what's the name of the podcast.
Speaker 3: The podcast is called Thrown Together Thrown Together, and it is hosted by myself, me, David Brody, and two of my other hosts, Christian Blatt b L A.
Speaker 6: D T.
Speaker 4: And Eric Nagel from the It's Eric Nigels Show.
Speaker 3: All three of them, all three of us, have been executive producers from major radio personalities.
Speaker 4: Thrown Together.
Speaker 3: Was the producer of the massively popular, nationally syndicated Opie and Anthony Show in the mid two thousands through the almost twenty twenty. I believe they were on Serious exam They're on radio stations on the country, and he was their executive producer. And Christian was the executive producer for The Dennis Miller Show Comedian Dennis Miller from Saturday Night Live. And of course I was one of the executive producers for Elvis Strand and the nationally syndicated morning show So the three of us are getting together to do a morning show style show live one day a week. It's gonna be Wednesday or Thursday, probably around one pm, and you'll be able to tune in live and then of course if you miss it, it'll be living on YouTube.
Speaker 4: So easy and so people can participate live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be able to send questions and super chat questions and all that stuff and interact with us on Thrown Together, which is the name of the podcast, and it's gonna be a an hour long. It's going to be about an hour hour and a half. Yeah, one day a week and see it. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: So this is a song I wrote about Thrown Together, the three producers hosting a show, and I have to remix this so if it's not one hundred percent clear, it will be clearer.
Speaker 4: But here it is. It's that time.
Speaker 7: Nor no War of the worlds since So what they're doing today?
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go. That's cute.
Speaker 3: Thrown Together by Fate, right, they produced shows that were great. It's been a while since they got paid, so this is what they're doing.
Speaker 2: You also took a ship on What Morning Radio does some features, but.
Speaker 3: I just point out there's no gossip, no horoscopes, no prank phone calls, no War of the Roses, okay, because that's not what we're doing, and I love prank phone calls.
Speaker 4: I don't like there's no budget because you're using AI to write your song. That's right.
Speaker 3: There's no budget, no income. We're just doing a podcast because we want to do it. No Roger, no Rent, that's right, No Roger Rent. Okay, the greatest lines on television history. Right, well, good luck with that thrown together. I'll give you more details as we get closer, but it wanted to feel with the Brooklyn Boys at all.
Speaker 2: I might have to start playing the jingle for you because technically you'd be getting paid off of that, right and so that would be a product endorsement of another podcast that you're doing.
Speaker 3: We have no sponsors, we're not signed by anyone. We are not getting paid all right now. If iHeart and and Premiere A Radio want to pick us up, that's up to them. But as of right now, it's I'm joining the podcast they thought of, and.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're sticking to their original decision of leaving you in the dust.
Speaker 4: How are they leaving me in the dust. For now, I'm an equal co host.
Speaker 2: No, for now, ex the decision from before, like meaning like your current status, your current status.
Speaker 4: Not going forward, I'm not talking about your new project.
Speaker 3: Current status will not getting paid, yes, which is why that sactly all right. I hope that changes, but we have to do it before someone's going to pay us.
Speaker 4: All right, looking forward to it. What does it start? September?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Uh, we don't have a start day yet, but don't worry, you'll hear it announced on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I just use this platform to to actually vacuum the listeners out of this one and into the new project one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Not this is a second thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, Like, just like you do speaking volumes with share, I expect all the Brooklyn Boys to listen to the slices, to listen to that podcast as well.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'm looking forward to it. You know you won't listen to a minute of it.
Speaker 4: You know me too? Well, Yeah, podcast was most unsupportive co host. Come on, now, I support you. I support you, yeah, me on.
Speaker 3: The Brooklyn Boys podcast. I support you on on your other podcast. I've been on your other podcast. In fact, as an executive producer of a morning show. We may have to have you on as a guest. I would love I would love to be a part of it. You know, I would support you in any ways possible.
Speaker 4: So I know you would.
Speaker 3: And because we have so many connections in radio, we have a number of big name comedians lined up to be on the show that you that you personally didn't want on this show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so okay, you bring those people to that there sounds like a match made in heaven. Actually, so I told you that was I talking about him on this podcast about Who's Tonight? My Dad, about my dad going to his fiftieth I didn't talk about it on that I talked about it, Mike.
Speaker 4: No, he went to it.
Speaker 2: He went to his best friend's fiftieth anniversary wedding anniversary. It was a fiftieth anniversary of what it was a fiftieth wedding anniversary. Well wedding anniversary. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bob, Bob and Carroll from Bob and Carroll, Bobby O'Carroll from Old Bridge, New Jersey. And so he hits me up about a week before he goes Tony, I knew, listen, I need help writing I gotta write a speech. I gotta I gotta get up and say some words. They're gonna give me a microphone, and I don't know what to do. I just you know, I got things I gotta say, but my brain is like I got all these ideas, but I don't know how to put it like eloquently. So I said, well, need to do my dad. So Wei, we're here, we're gonna do. You're gonna give me some facts about them. Tell me a little bit about Bobby and Carol, and you're.
Speaker 4: Going to I'm gonna put it in AI in chat.
Speaker 2: Shept, and I'm gonna see what open AI has to say about it. I'm gonna say, give me a ninety minute second to me a two minute speech about Bobby and Carol.
Speaker 4: Sock Brody. I kid you not. You really shouldn't use AI for anything. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: I should No, No, you know you know AI sucks, right. So I told my dad, I said, Dad, all right, I'm going to help you out. So he talked about he was, yeah, so you know Carol, he give me some details, fine tune it. So yeah, well, Bobby played in the band and like they they met, like when he was up on stage one night, and you know, there was a woman in the crowd and she had on her hot pants, so Carol had hot pants on. So he couldn't concentrate or focus on anything else other than Carol's hot pants.
Speaker 4: So hot pants.
Speaker 2: I plug hot plug that in there. A few other things. You know, he's always he's like, he's always had like a million jobs. He's had like seven eight jobs. All these you know, my father, you know, knows them all this time. So I had chat gpt, write him a joke, write him a speech, and then I followed it up with all right, make it a little bit more, make it a little bit more. Said yeah, no, not even make it a little bit more colloquial. I said, make it first once brought over here, I said, I said, my dad's from Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: I said, can you speak Brooklyn? And I swear to you Brody. It changed his speech.
Speaker 2: From a very proper, elegant using Brooklyn where it's hold on, wait, no, it gets better. So then I said, make roast him a little bit, throw a couple of jokes in there about how many jobs he's had and whatever the case, and how he's always spending too much money on all these parties. Okay, long story short, my father, and this is not this is not the funny thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is not where the joke is.
Speaker 2: No, this isn't well, well, this is not where I'm going because that's not what I'm gonna play you. I'm gonna play you something else. So he basically said, all right, I do, I'll.
Speaker 4: Do the speech. So he took it. He loved it. My father owned it. He owned the night.
Speaker 2: My sister made some index cards. And then I talked about it on the radio. And after this he does the speech. He goes.
Speaker 4: Someone screams out of the back of the room.
Speaker 2: That was AI because I had spoken about it on the radio and I told everyone, I told the audience and wait until after the fact. No, I did it before, So you suck. So he got caught. He goes, and so he calls me. He goes at d Nay, he goes, he goes, you saw me down the river. They all knew it was artificial intelligence. I said, but Dad, you do know you spoke from the heart. These were your thoughts, These were your They just might not have been you know, your words.
Speaker 3: You know that's not what you said on the air. You totally threw him under the bus.
Speaker 4: I threw him.
Speaker 2: Well, I threw under the bus, and I shouldn't have been. I love your dad and I'm sorry I did that.
Speaker 4: He's not listening to this podcast. No he's not.
Speaker 2: So I said, you know, one of these days, I'm gonna have to get up and I'm gonna have to roast and say a few words about David Brody. So I said, you know what, chat Cheept said, son of a bitch, chat Cheept. I'm gonna tell you a little bit about my buddy David Brody, and I want you to write a speech about it.
Speaker 3: David Brody, are you Are you gonna read this speech? Are you gonna have a I read this speech.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try and get AI to do it. I haven't tried this yet.
Speaker 3: Let me just point out that anything in here that's actually hurtful and offensive, you had to tell it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it has a mind of its own. It's scary.
Speaker 3: If I had like a crooked thumb and it said I had a crooked.
Speaker 4: I had it.
Speaker 2: Look at your Instagram page, your Wikipedia, things that found online about you in the past, that whatever it is, things about you so hey, chat GPT you with me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tony, I'm here. What's up?
Speaker 4: Call me Anthony from now on. Please remember that Anthony?
Speaker 6: What can I do for you? Okay?
Speaker 4: Remember that speech we wrote about David Brody?
Speaker 6: Of course I remember what about it?
Speaker 4: Uh? Could you read it back to me?
Speaker 6: Here's what we came up with for David Brody.
Speaker 4: I'll kill you all right.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you about my dear friend, David Brody. This guy could go to a five star restaurant, get a steak cooked perfectly, and still find a reason to demand a free dessert. Burn steak, forget about it. The man will have the entire meal comped, and God forbid you go out with him and let him see the bill. He'll argue like he's about to lose his house over the extra charge for guac.
Speaker 6: He's been out of work for two.
Speaker 5: Years, but trust me, he works harder negotiating a five dollars refund than most people do at an actual job. Every topic becomes a never ending debate. He's like Wikipedia with an attitude problem. The guy argues so much I'm convinced he could find fault in a sunrise Larry.
Speaker 6: David Brody makes Larry look laid back.
Speaker 5: Oh and on top of all this, the man writes AI songs about me, because Yeah, what I need in life is Brody's miserable takes set to music. But for some reason I still podcast with him. Here's to you, Brody, the cheapest, snarkiest, most argumentative pain in my ass I've ever met. You're sixty and still ranting like it's a full time job.
Speaker 4: I'm not sixty. I love it. I'm not cheap. I'm good with money.
Speaker 6: That's awesome to hear.
Speaker 5: Did you end up using it for a specific event or was it just for fun?
Speaker 4: Now you just said it live on the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, So it's officially part of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Now that must have been a blast. How did the listeners react to it?
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to find out because we want them to leave talkbacks for us, So we'll get some feedback.
Speaker 4: And I'll let you know how it went. Okay, Buddy, tell him to go fuck himself. But Brody did not like it. He said, tell him, Brody says, Brody said, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 5: Oh really, that's a bummer. What's he upset about specifically, Well.
Speaker 2: He says, he's not cheap, he's not sixty sixty and.
Speaker 4: Not any of these other.
Speaker 5: Things that it sounds like he might be taking some of it a bit personally. How did he feel about the rest of the speech.
Speaker 4: He didn't think it was very clever. He's not laughing. He didn't laugh once. Yeah, there was. It left a lot to be desired.
Speaker 5: That's a tough break. Sometimes humor doesn't land the way we hope. Maybe you could talk to him and see if there's there's a way to adjust the tone or content to better fit his sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Yes, make it funny, Yeah, he says. The best way to do that is to make it funny.
Speaker 6: Good point.
Speaker 5: Maybe tweaking it with a more light hearted or positive angle could help. Yes, side jokes or personal anecdotes that might resonate better with him.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: See to Brody, he's a snowflake that you have to know that about him. He's very He can't He can give a joke, but he can't take a joke.
Speaker 4: See, that's that's.
Speaker 5: Brody, got it, Anthony. It sounds like he's sensitive about this stuff. Maybe focusing on more positive or less biting humor might help smooth things over with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after roll. He is an only child, you know. That has nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 6: That might explain a lot.
Speaker 5: Sometimes only children can be a bit more sensitive to jokes or criticism. Maybe finding a way to balance the humor with some genuine appreciation help.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a plan.
Speaker 2: You prove my point, You prove my point, all right, all right, listen, I have.
Speaker 4: A nice day.
Speaker 6: Perfect, Thanks Anthony, you have a great day too.
Speaker 2: That is chat GPT from open air. That's a that's a free app. By the way, I didn't pay him penny for that.
Speaker 3: If you download another chat GPT app, does the second chat GPT app become like white Jet chat GPT or Indian chat GPT.
Speaker 4: What's the what's the nickname?
Speaker 3: Because that guy was like sarcastic chat GPT And you could choose you.
Speaker 4: Could choose a different a different voice. You could use a voice for chat gipt.
Speaker 2: You could like it could be a female, it could be someone with a British accent.
Speaker 4: That's the voice that I chose.
Speaker 3: I was just saying, like all your friends, if they have the same name, you have to nickname one of them, maybe like Indian Matt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed, okay, all right, a right, well.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'd love you to take another shot at and try making it funny and clever. But all right, yeah, okay, I may have to do the same for you for next week, miss, I'll just try another snorky song about you that you seem not to like.
Speaker 4: With Scary and Verdie so there was a bit of a surprise there. That was a little bit of a surprise.
Speaker 2: You surprised me with your AI songs. I figured I could uh return the favor.
Speaker 3: But the songs I write about you're always complimentary. Oh bulls, bullshit, focusing on your best aspects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay in Micile's not a compliment, not bad, not on my block.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a fight on my block, as we say.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's here's the I need to know if this is clever, Scamboni or both. Have you been a Target in the last two months? No, So they used to have a self checkout area because you go there on a Saturday and there's two cashiers. Everybody runs to the self checkout because they have six I think in my target there's six or eight self checkout registers and about a month and a half ago, maybe two months now, they made a new rule that self checkout is ten items or less. You cannot do self checkout if you have more than ten items. So I get online and do self checkout, and I see the girl in front of me has like thirty thirty five it's gotta shitload.
Speaker 2: Items, okay, And I'm like, what the fuck? Like I counted my items.
Speaker 3: I have ten items exactly because I didn't want to get stopped by the by the grocery counter lady who stands there and looks at your car to make sure you can go on the self checkout one.
Speaker 2: I pause before you go further. Do you consider ten items? A six packet die cocaus item?
Speaker 4: Ok just scan it once? Okay? Good? Continue.
Speaker 3: So I've got ten items. I've double and triple checked. I've have ten items again. The girl in front of me, she gotta be between eighteen and twenty four, young girl, and she's got it looks like thirty items to me, maybe more.
Speaker 2: Well, she clearly didn't respect the rules of ten items or less.
Speaker 3: So the woman, the UH self checkout police officer comes up to her and says, it looks like you have like thirty items in your cart. This is for ten items or less. So she says, oh, I'm ringing up for three separate transactions. I'm shopping for two other people. And the woman says, oh, okay, right this way.
Speaker 2: She's scamboning the system. She pulled to David Brody, you would have done the same thing.
Speaker 3: So my question to you you already answered, you're saying nothing wrong with that. Well, I've had fifty items and said she was ringing up for four other people on herself, that she's shopping for other people.
Speaker 4: Was she like a instacart person or no, she.
Speaker 3: Just said I'm doing three separate transactions. She never really got into what she was doing. But regardless, the point is you're not supposed to spend too much time at the cash register, right at the machine, at the scanner. So she's still taking up three thirty items. You know, she's gotta plus scary, she's got to pay three times, which means it's even longer than if she just bought all thirty by herself.
Speaker 2: No, I just gave it some thought. That is a scan bony thank you scan. Do you do you believe that or you just wanted to use that word? No, I do at first, I thought I got to chuckle out of it because I'm like, gosh, she's just being clever. But just because she's clever, it doesn't make her right in what she did, because yeah, I mean, you're it's it's it's each individual person physically standing in the line that gets to do ten items or least you're actually.
Speaker 4: Getting a time limit of ten items to scan ten ten ten.
Speaker 2: Hop Well, well, at first you have to uncover and discover why what is the purpose of a ten items are less?
Speaker 4: Lying?
Speaker 2: I think the purpose is the want to people quickly, right, But now she's three people. Yeah, because if she rang up thirty items, she'd have one receipt, one credit card. Now she's got to go do you want cash back?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: In search your card, pay, wait for the receipt, and then start the second transaction.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I watched her well because you know me, I wanted to know what she was doing.
Speaker 3: She pretty much rang everything up on the first transaction and like the last two items she did on the second hand non transactions.
Speaker 4: That was ballsy of her. She was lying, of course, she was liked.
Speaker 3: I give her credit. My problems with the target lady. The target lady she was like, oh okay, Yeah, she didn't sound like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh okay, I believe you. Well, it must have worked for her in the past, that's why she gave that.
Speaker 3: Well, it has to work the first time sometime. Well, he has the kicker scary. After she goes on the line, God's honest truth, she looks at me and says ten items. Only you have more than ten items. I said, I counted it three times. I have ten items. And she actually counted my items. Oh my god, so she's counting them. I said, I'm ringing up for two people. She says, no, you're just saying that because the other girl did. So she counted my items, saying ten items, and I gave her a look scary like me.
Speaker 4: I gave her to me face.
Speaker 3: I got checked with ten items, and this girl in front of me with thirty something items was like, and man, have for three people. Oh okay, right this way, let me throw rose petals at your fucking feet.
Speaker 2: Two imaginary friends that shouldn't be Yeah, my friends are in the car.
Speaker 4: I'm buying everything for them. We'll let them stand there. So go ahead and try that at Target everybody try that at Costco. Well you can't. You can't have you know what Costco is? What is their stance though? Is there a sign up that says in Buffalo Buffalo stands. It took me a second.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's okay. The rule is ten items or less at the at ther self checkout aisle.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't say unless you claim your three people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel I know right.
Speaker 3: Now people are saying, maybe she identifies as them. No, I don't think that's what happens. I'm ringing up for three people. So slices, he has your homework assignment scambony? Scan bony? Is scary said? Or great idea or a great idea that happens to be a scambony? Is she cool with it? Would you be cool if you were behind her and you had to wait?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, man, I don't know how I know it.
Speaker 3: I would have been, but when the woman checked my ten items then I was pissed.
Speaker 4: Something in the milk ain't clean? Is it white milk? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So anyway, anyway, anyway, I always can I can I invite the slices while I have everyone? Can I invite the slices to an event I'm doing Saturday is this is hey, we're giving So we're giving away ten thousand dollars in cash. Who's way, Garrett and I for we're going to Americans We're going to American Dream.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm back to school thing. So Saturday already mentioned the client.
Speaker 2: Saturday from noon to two we're going to be in court a GI give the dates.
Speaker 4: People will listen to this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Well, Saturday, September fourteenth, from twelve to two pm, we are going to be hanging out at American Dream and we're giving away ten thousand dollars in cash, and on top of that, tickets to DreamWorks water Park and Nickelodeon Universe and some of the other attractions they have inside.
Speaker 3: Are you giving away five thousand and garrets give away five thousands?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Every fifteen minutes we're giving away like gift cards two hundred and fifty dollars a year, one hundred dollars there, five hundred and then and I believe at two o'clock we're going to be given away five thousand dollars in cash to one person.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you have to do for that five thousand dollars. Nothing.
Speaker 2: You stand, you scan the QR, you show up, scan the QR code boom, and you just be must be present to win.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 3: I don't officially work for iHeartRadio, so iHeartMedia rather, so I can participate.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a second, No you can't.
Speaker 3: No, No, this podcast is a contractual agreement. I do not work for iHeartMedia or it's affiliates, as they say, well.
Speaker 4: We do contests.
Speaker 2: The rules clearly state that if you or anyone in your household at works that are iHeart Media.
Speaker 3: I'm my household. I don't work for I Heart Media and you don't live here.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, as a former employee, you you not qualified for call in radio contest.
Speaker 4: I can call them when jingle boll tickets. You can win a trip to Sandals done you river?
Speaker 3: You know I'd love to go there. Yes, absolutely, you can. Really I may have to do that, but you can win jingle tickets.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, Yeah, you're how we would it be if you if you actually won, that would be enough to put me on the air. No, where are you're from? This is David Brody from Brooklyn, New York. Can you imagine if I'm standing there and we're doing this contest and the computer people are gonna get pissed and computer picks your name because we do it. It's all random selection by a computer. I'm legally allowed, and David Brody comes up and I have to call your name on a microphone that you win, yep. And somebody's like, dude, I know, David Brody. You can't wait cast with that guy.
Speaker 4: You can't win it.
Speaker 3: If I scan a QR code and I'm going to show up, I had no plans.
Speaker 4: You were not winning my money.
Speaker 3: I have dinner plans on Saturday night, but I'm the plans in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Dude, you can't. You can't. I think. I don't think you should be able to. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Come on down to the American Dream in Ruth East Rothervid, New Jersey and the Meadowlands MetLife Stadium where the Jets and Giants plays. It into a water park and roller coasters and a ski jump, and I got seventeen food court is very excited. I want to win five grand, No, fuck you. I want the slices to win the money. Slices. If you're with me, Slice I'm the og Slice, I'm master Slice Slices. The reason why I'm telling you this, this isn't just me plugging any old appearance. Okay, I hope the slices would I I can win two fifty right, we'll give away wait, ten thousand dollars and several increments.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I hope to see everybody there wear your Brooklyn Boys shirts and your Brooklyn Boys merch. I will, yeah, but I will absolutely. I'm not talking to I'm talking to the slices I have. I have more Brooklyn Boys shirts than anyone possibly.
Speaker 4: You do not.
Speaker 2: You do not qualify. You are not I do no, I legally qualify. You are not winning my fucking contest.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'll listen to the commercials. I'll go on the website, look at the rules. It does not say that a former employee cannot win. I'm gonna actually try to win. I need the money, am I working?
Speaker 4: This is great? What a great way to get money. This is terrible. This is all friends, Scary Jones and Garret. I'm excited. I shouldn't have said ship. I shouldn't get money. I should have mentioned it. I don't want you there. I don't want anybody there that.
Speaker 2: I know this is.
Speaker 4: These are for people, These are for our listeners basically. Yeah, but some of them are gonna win. Some people who are walking through the mall are gonna win. Why should they win?
Speaker 2: People are gonna be so pissed at you.
Speaker 3: But if I win, think about if I win, how much free publicity will the American dream establishment get. It's not a mall American dream. If I win, I'll talk about on the podcast. I'm on social media, I'm verified, I'll put up pictures and video.
Speaker 4: I have one hundred thousand followers on Instagram.
Speaker 2: But the money, the money that that that could have gone into someone else's pocket, you're almost like stealing from them.
Speaker 4: I feel, how was it stealing? If I win, legit, if.
Speaker 2: It's the odds are random and I go up with my android phonow, it would be random, there's no there's no fix, right, But then then people are gonna look at it the then they're gonna think that that the fix was in, that it was gonna be rigged, that was that that was a rigged content. I know, I know, we live in a world where people claim everything is rigged. But no people sic QR code.
Speaker 4: We don't know each other. I can't.
Speaker 2: I cannot have you winning anything in my world after that awful I think I barely know you anymore.
Speaker 4: You clearly don't know me. You don't know old I am. Dude. You would not, don't you dare fucking show up and if I win the money, I'll buy you lunch to show I'm not chees. No, you could show up, but don't enter. You cannot enter the win. I'm gonna bring you know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring another like an old phone I have and activate it and have two phones scanning cure codes.
Speaker 4: Do I can I use different browsers to get up multiple entries. No, No, that's not that.
Speaker 2: No, And we we've people those are keep cheaters, and we find those, we toss them out.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll bring one of my daughters, my oldest daughter who lives apartment.
Speaker 4: Now, bring hers. We can try to win. We don't want to know. We don't want you are your family to win? No, you are? I love American dream. Why why can't I'm I'm a customer.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: In fact, I had a conversation with my cousin last week, She's like, we should go to the American Dream.
Speaker 2: I'm like, absolutely should. The Nickelodeon Park is there now. Years ago, I'll never forget this. I was out in Times Square somewhere, I think it was Macy's and I was doing I was doing a Z one hundred jingle ball ticket giveaway? Are you doing that this year as Macy's? And there was no, no, no Macy's this year, And there was a there's a lot of people trying to win tickets for jingle Ball, and I drew the winner, sketch them and no, I sketch them like like I do my French girls, my French girls. Yeah, And I picked, I picked the winner, and there was woman won.
Speaker 4: She comes running out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: She had a Macy's employee tag on and she won jingle Ble tickets and people started.
Speaker 4: Screaming, No, that's not fair, that's not fair. It became a big fucking to do.
Speaker 2: So I actually disqualified her on the spot because I said, employees of Z one hundred and iHeart and Macy's are not eligible.
Speaker 4: Well no, I took the tickets away from her and gave them an read the drawing. But good luck getting the money out of my hands. Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: She put up a fight, and I believe after all was said and done, that was she went. And then on the she ended up going to the show, and then for whatever reason, because we didn't post whatever it was. From now on, anytime we give away anything valuable, we always make it very clear.
Speaker 4: Employees of blank.
Speaker 2: And blank people involved in this contest are not eligible because they're not right.
Speaker 4: So I just can't have you there winning prizes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm qualified, not an employee of iHeartMedia. Looking forward to it. We need to love Game of Chandion. You imagine how excited I'm gonna get. You want to see happy David Brody slices slices, leave us a talk back.
Speaker 4: You want me to win?
Speaker 2: Right? Nice?
Speaker 7: Win?
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 3: You don't want him to do it. I'm doing a free podcast. I need some income, throw together podcast.
Speaker 6: We will be right back.
Speaker 4: I just texted my wife. Were going to be rich?
Speaker 2: No, you and your family, you stay home. No, you want people to come? No, everyone except for you guys. Even people know the Brooklyn Boys are gonna be there.
Speaker 4: The more people are gonna show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but oh no, that's great, and you can come and I'd love to see you, but but you can't into the contest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not an option for me. Not too sorry. It would be so great. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go scan Ciraco.
Speaker 3: Boo have like the lights go off and the balloons and the confetti.
Speaker 4: Shoot up in the airs. Great, can't wait, can't wait? Then you you know, it's be great when you go. Excuse me, sir? You won what's your name? Love that? And you have to pretend you don't know me. So what's going on, buddy? What do you got going on? Well?
Speaker 3: I I fucked up. Well I didn't fuck up, but Hulu fucked up. And now I'm gonna fight with Hulu and Verizon Wireless and I can't get any help.
Speaker 4: So here's the deal.
Speaker 3: I called up Hulu to I wanted to change something about my account. And when I called Hulu, they said, okay, which account did you want to make that change to? I said, well, I only have one account. They said, no, we have here, you have two accounts. I said, well, I definitely don't have two accounts. I said, well, you have one that's free you get through Verizon I have the Verizon Free bundle with my phone service. I get Disney Plus, I get ESPN Plus, and I get Hulu with ads. And when we signed up, we agreed to pay an extra six dollars and forty cents for Hulu with no ads.
Speaker 4: Follow me far so far, I follow you.
Speaker 3: But we used to pay for Hulu before this package deal that we got like a year ago. So I said, what do you mean to was, well, I have a free account and I have an account you're paying for. I said, no, wait a minute. I canceled that account like nine, ten eleven months ago. Well it wasn't canceled. I said, well, can you please cancel it because I'm gonna check my charges And I checked my charges on my phone and I see that, Yeah, I have a in fact being charged for this second account, which I didn't recognize. And I don't normally check every little item in my bank account, you know direct, you know, autopay stuff. I'm like, well that's weird. Okay, so yeah, cancel it, but please don't cancel my free one. Oh no, no, no. Keep in mind, I don't know what part of the world I was talking to. So there was a little bit of a language barrier, which is fine, it happens. She said, I'm gonna make sure I don't cancel the free one. I'm going to cancel the one you're paying for. I said, fantastic, I said, but stay on the phone with me because I want to make sure I can log into Hulu again that you didn't screw my system up. Now this is in the afternoon, so nobody's in the home. Nobody's home but me, and you know, my kids are at school. They watch Hulu up at college.
Speaker 4: Uh. And she says, okay, it's disconnected. I go to my Hulu. She says, you have to go.
Speaker 3: Into the account and activate. I activated it, and my Hulu's working.
Speaker 4: Fine. This was Monday.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep in mind as we record this, today is Thursday. So Tuesday, I come home and I go, I'm gonna watch Only Murders in the Building, which comes out on Tuesdays on Hulu on Tuesday on Tuesday, season four. And I click on Hulu and I click on Only Murders in the Building and it makes me watch a minute and a half of commercials.
Speaker 4: I go, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: So I go to my account and it says you have Hulu with ADS, and it dawned on me that the woman canceled my upgrade that I pay for for no ADS but mistakenly called it a second Hulu account.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: So I call Hulu back and I get we're on a fuck it which is a country. I don't know where that's located. And I'm told, oh, let me check that for you. Oh yep, we have the cancelation right here yesterday. Let me see what I do. Oh you get that. I'm on hold now for fifteen minutes. Oh uh, we get that through You get that through Verizon. You have to call Verizon. They'll be able to set you back up. I said, yeah, you guys canceled it by mistake. Yeah, but we have no way to give it back to So just call call the Verizon. The call Verizon, you know, they say to me, scary, Oh, we don't control vendors. That's Hulu. You got to call Hulu back. Oh you sure, yes, in fact, we can transfer you. We get this question old customer service, ping pong. So I go back to Hulu and I say, listen, this is the problem. You guys canceled my my my no ADS package, and uh, you told me to speak to Verizon to speak to you. Ah no, that's that's a mistake. You need to go into your Hulu account and you click on the Hulu logo and it says manage your account.
Speaker 4: You'll be able to add your your right there. Okay great.
Speaker 3: So I do that and it says speak to your Verizon provider. So I call Verizon back and they say you can't do it through Verizon can't add the ad free back because we didn't cancel it. But you could easily do it in the Verizon app. Oh okay great. So I open the Verizon app, I go to manage my account. I follow all the steps and when you click manage my package my bundle, it says all managing of this account must be done through Hulu dot Com slash account, which I already got sent to it.
Speaker 4: So it's basically one big circle jerk.
Speaker 3: I so last night, which was Wednesday, I'm still going back and forth.
Speaker 4: Neither company wants to help me.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm going to try chatting with them. So I chatted for forty five minutes with Verizon and the first thing I said on the chat was, Hi, this is my name and number. You have my information, and I said, listen, I tell them the story. I have Hulu with ADS. I want to get my upgrade back. It was canceled. Okay, I see three dots, three dots. Seven minutes later, I've confirmed you have Hulu with ads.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so all that time, that's all they can confirm. Oh, we've confirmed something you just told me on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry. So she told me.
Speaker 2: Thank you texted that right, so they can actually look at your text for reference.
Speaker 3: That's correct, I said, did you scroll up case? I already said that. I said, please give me back my Hulu with ads. Six minutes go by, according to your account. We checked your account thoroughly and your Hulu with ADS is working properly.
Speaker 4: Is that correct? Okay?
Speaker 3: Again, I don't want Hulu with ADS. I want my Hulu ad freeback. Can you please do that? All right, I'm gonna have to check with our our our concierge department or whatever fucking department was okay, great? Eleven minutes go by.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: They verified that you have the Disney bundle, oh boy, and you have ESPN and Disney without commercials and Hulu with commercials and if you'd like Hulu without commercials. You can get a separate Hulu account. No, no, no, I don't want that for thirteen dollars a month. I want my six dollars and forty cents back. You're gonna have to talk to Hulu. So I called Hulu again yest night at one in the morning, and I said, look, you guys fucked up. You guys accidentally deleted my accounts. Yes, I know this has happened before. That's how I know we can't help you.
Speaker 2: So you've accidentally deleted the free commercials from other people before.
Speaker 3: Yes, and nobody thought to come up with a solution. I said, listen, somewhere between you and the guy who Eisner is Michael Eisner, who was the CEO of Disney. I'm not saying, I said, somewhere between him and you is a person that knows how to go in the system and give me my Hulu with ads free again.
Speaker 4: Get me that person. There is no person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't work for the CEO of Disney, so somebody's it can go in there.
Speaker 4: Someone can do it.
Speaker 3: I said, you know what, just give me a free Hulu ad, free Hulu account and I'll just log into that it's fine, Oh, we can't do that.
Speaker 4: Well, can I speak to a supervisor?
Speaker 3: I already spoke to a supervisor when I had you on hold, and they're gonna tell you the same thing. So I said, well, I still want to speak to them. She says, you know what, you should call Verizon back because they can absolutely do it for you. They're lying to you. I said, so Verizon's lying to me. She says, yes, ask for a supervisor. I said, why would I ask for a supervisor with Verizon? If a supervisor would Hulu is going to tell me the same thing you just did. If you just told me, then supervisor can't do anything. Why would I ask for a supervisor a Verizon? Right, I'm following the fucking bouncing. By the way, this is a Hulu. They are de Lulu. Yeah, as Hulu. Do you Hulu think you're fucking with?
Speaker 4: Do you think you're right?
Speaker 3: So I said, you know what, I'm gonna roll the dice yet, let me speak to your supervisor and I get Jane.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 3: Jane sounds like she's from North Carolina. Maybe I'm having a great conversation with her. We seem to understand each other on the same you see eye, I said, Jane, let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: Who is your boss? Jane? Stop this crazy thing? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Give me yeah, fucking without ads. There is nobody above me for me to transfer you to. I said, you work for someone, somebody as your boss does your reviews, hired you, makes more than you. And although they can't get on the phone right now it's two o'clock in the morning, you can write them an email and say, listen, we need to escalate this because you guys deleted my my my account and I can't get it back.
Speaker 4: And it's not a Verizon account, it's a Hulu. It's Hulu with no ads, Hulu, that's you.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: It sounds to me like an easy fix, though I don't know. Why don't you think it's such a fiasco. Why does this becoming like you know if i'm because to me, it's like, okay, why don't you just undo the button that you're pressed?
Speaker 4: Like that's right? Can't you avoid the transaction? Start over?
Speaker 3: I said, get an it guide to avoid it, to go and and delete the transaction.
Speaker 4: That's got to be possible. How is this? How is this resolved?
Speaker 3: So then she says, call Verizon, cancel your account and when you get a new account, it will give you the option to get add free again. So I call Verizon and I say, I said, look, I'm at my wits end here. I've already been fighting with you guys and Hulu for three days. If I cancel my account, my free account that I get because I have a high end phone plan with Verizon, can you give me a new, fresh Hulu account and I'll just add the ad free back in. No, you have a promotional thing and if we cancel it, we won't be able to give it back to you, so you'll lose the bundle entirely.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm dealing with. Scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going into the Verizon store because you can't. You can't call your local Verizon store because even though they list their nine to seven three area code phone number.
Speaker 6: Scary.
Speaker 3: What happens when you call it, It transfers you right to the eight hundred number with hello, I'm your Verizon assistant.
Speaker 4: Hello David. Hello, David's worse AI than you. A piece of shit that you use to do my I was gonna say that sounded like my guy.
Speaker 3: I I asked them for free dessert. I asked them for dessert. I asked them for a napkin. I couldn't get ship, so I have to watch, so I had to watch listen. I know third world problems.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: I know slices a lot of you. There's a layer. I know the first will problems. There's a lot of people who you're listening to, uh this right now, And I'm sorry. I know that you have streaming services with ads, and that's what that's where you are and that's what you have, and that's great and that's and I don't forgrudge you that. But I have a family of five that now knows I am responsible indirectly for fucking this up, for telling them to delete my second account. So I am on the hook for making my kids in school in college watch commercial and commercials an't the worst thing, but if you're if you're watching a movie, you should watch it commercial free if possible.
Speaker 4: It's kind of kind of ruins. I get it. Dollars and forty cents. We had the money.
Speaker 2: We're like, uh and plus we did it a year and a half ago. A year ago, whenever it was I.
Speaker 4: Want my I can't get it.
Speaker 3: This is the bureaucracy of Verizon wire and Hulu and clunky systems where they didn't have a button for it, but we don't have a button for that.
Speaker 4: Can't do it.
Speaker 2: It's like when you go to a place to go, can I get an extra side of sauce? We don't have a button for that, but just give me a sauce.
Speaker 4: I can't rut. I got to ring it up for it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like when I went to that restaurant, they couldn't bring me up for a penny, the charge me a dollar for soda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, fucking business. It's unbelievable. So so do we have a solution here?
Speaker 3: No, the solution is after this podcast, I'm driving to the Verizon Wireless store. Were they gonna tell me, sorry, we don't handle streaming in the score. You gotta call the fucking number, all right.
Speaker 2: So fuck Verizon Wireless, Fuck Hulu, fuck whatever country I called. I want my fuck the ads on Hulu.
Speaker 4: You should they have to film only murders in the Verizon store.
Speaker 2: I don't want to make this all about customer service problems, but I had one yesterday too, and it's just kind of funnybody.
Speaker 4: Wants to hear about your customer service problems.
Speaker 2: So I ordered, I ordered a salad from this place on uber Eats. I'll make it very brief and then you could just if.
Speaker 3: You have something scary says salad, he means sight of ham so brody.
Speaker 2: I ordered, Yeah, I ordered a Greek salad off of uber Beats. And in the Greek salad it was in the Greek salad was well, you know me, I have to have my head on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your olives, a gyro, a platter of sevlaki, the Greek salad.
Speaker 2: No, no, I just wanted a salad, a salad right on the Greek salad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I and you know, in a Greek salad, according to the description, isn't it's it's cucumbers, olives. He comes olives, tomatoes, And you couldn't let me say olives first. You gotta go back and start over. It comes olives, tomatoes and chickpeas and feta cheese, all right, and then little'ziki sauce, and then they throw in peana chips and and what was it quinoa, which whatever, that's not Greek. So I didn't want that, so I I you can there's boxes you could check to unchecked, so I unchecked quene want and tortilla chips.
Speaker 4: You're so picky, I checked unchecking. You just eat off the menu the way. But I put add ons.
Speaker 2: So I added white meat, chicken, avocado, very greek roasted broccoli, and and uh bare ribs and collie shut up, dick and coliflower, okay, coliflower broccoli flo couliflower chicken.
Speaker 4: And and I wanted my set. I wanted the dressing mixed.
Speaker 3: In scrup of mashed potatoes and a grill cheese sandwich and a jar peanut butter and one stick of butter. So four coad of scared stop it.
Speaker 2: It was the salad with the add ons avocado, chicken, broccoli, egg, frock, broccoli and coliflower, the war from.
Speaker 4: Coveil cake ice cream cake. And by the way, it.
Speaker 2: Comes with it like a Greek dressing whatever they call Greek dressing. And it was it was mixed it maple syrup. So the order shows up, and I take the I take the plate out of the I take the container out of the bag, take the plate. Throw this is light, it's very light. What the's going on? It's the gyro, So I opened it up. It's all the add ons on a bed of lettuce with nothing. It was like, wait a second. I didn't hit the build my own salad button. I hit the Greek salad button. So Greek salad is inclusive of tomatoes, cucumbers, feta.
Speaker 4: Cheese, and all the ship.
Speaker 2: So you have a cheeseburger with tomatoes and bacon.
Speaker 4: You don't just get tomatoes and bacon.
Speaker 2: Well, I know someone fucked up back there because I looked on the on the receipt on the bag and it said Greek salad and on this this stuff. So they took out the tortilla chips, and like I asked, they took out theoa.
Speaker 4: But they also took out the Greek salad.
Speaker 2: They just left me with lettuce and my add ons and with no with no dressing. So I'm like, fucking tone of ship fit. So I go on and I start chatting with That was the calzone in there, at least I ordered last night. So I'm like, give me my money back or something. So they wrote me to some fucking stupid thing back on the chat saying, well, from time to time I told.
Speaker 4: Them what I didn't get. I explained it and said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happened, salad. You know you gotta give these stores a break. From time to time. Uh, they will forget some items, and I know part of your order was missing. Part of your order is missing Greek part. So so like, did that solve your problem? And I I'm like, no, it did not solve my problem because they just wanted me to forget about it. They figured they would come back in me once not ordered me shit, and I'm like no, I said, podcast, I want I want a refund on my entire order because bring me my food. I only got my add ons. I did not get a Greek salad. I ordered a grin sound where's the gray dude, I can't have a salad without cheese. I need cheese and by dressing, I wanted to sandwich there at least brody. I only wanted a salad. So I was like, fuck this place, man. I was so pissed.
Speaker 4: So what did you get? Well, they wrote back to me and after.
Speaker 2: That, who if you got Hulu with no ads, I'm gonna be pissed. They went back to me and they gave me a refund on my order.
Speaker 4: And that was it. Now the delivery of your Greek salad. It was ten o'clock by this point. I ate, So, I ate the half a tray of whatever.
Speaker 2: The fuck they gave me my yeah, the and salad, the and salad right right right, and the Morning show right.
Speaker 4: You got salad plus. I can't get Hulu plus.
Speaker 2: You got salad plus, so right, So they gave me that, and I ate it, and I begrudgingly went to bed hungry. And then but do I need to go back in today and be like, wait a second, Not only do I want my money back, I want blank, I.
Speaker 3: Want my Greek salad. Tell them you didn't eat last night, you got no dinner. They ruined your dinner. And then explain to him something I heard my grandfather once taught me. It's called even if not even, and get your fucking salad.
Speaker 2: Grandfather Brody, sixty year old grandfather Brody.
Speaker 4: My grandfather. It would be hard for me to be sixty.
Speaker 2: But yeah, kidding anyway, So I thought you'd find that funny.
Speaker 4: Funny. I'm outraged, and it's not worse. It's not worse than my my Hulu situation.
Speaker 2: But what what moron packs the packs the bag and packs the container and it only puts the added items and doesn't put an actual fucking salad. I ordered a Greek salad with these things. They do this routinely, every fucking three minutes. Add they add because they have adding column and a subtract column. But this the basis for my The base for my order was the Greek salad.
Speaker 4: Scary.
Speaker 3: I've ordered a plain cheeseburger and gotten no cheese on it, and I was told by the restaurant where you ordered a plane. I go, yeah, the cheeseburger has cheese. The rest of it's plane. Well, you said plane, then I would have ordered a plane burger.
Speaker 4: I got. You know, you know what happens is what happens scary.
Speaker 3: The guy at Grand Lux Cafe in Paramus, New Jersey who decided, instead of parsley to throw green onions on my food got fired for that.
Speaker 4: Did he really? Yeah? Is that the following up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got fired and he went to work at the salad place that you got your salad from, and he fucked up your order. To same guy, that's what happened. The same incompetence fucked up your oh Greek salad.
Speaker 4: But he wants these things.
Speaker 3: Did you use the word only did you write Greek salad only?
Speaker 2: No, no, I wrote Greek salad and then and then add these four items and take away these two because because the Greek salad is inclusive of the tortilla chips and the and the and the keidwah, which I did not want. So so you could do there's a subtractive column and an adding column, and I wanted I wanted avocado and chicken.
Speaker 3: So is there possibly I know you have a little your thumbs yellow chubby around this time of year, is it possible there's a button that says mark all and you hit the mark.
Speaker 2: All because they because they they printed the receipt and stabled it to the bag and and everything was there. And the best part is they put it like a red sharpie check mark on each thing, like.
Speaker 4: Check check check check check. Did they check the feta, Did they check the tomatoes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: They checked off the word Greek salad, but they didn't put the Greek salad in it.
Speaker 4: Wow, you got fucked.
Speaker 3: You got to go get your free Greek salad or you or you discussed me and you failed. Come on my paddle, wan, you need to go in there and get your free salad.
Speaker 4: Is that like a Star Wars reference. It's a Star Wars thing. It means you trainee. Oh my young.
Speaker 3: Young you are Yes, it's Star Wars reference. Don't watch the Accolade.
Speaker 4: It was terrible.
Speaker 6: Okay, what else?
Speaker 4: What else? What else you got? Is not going to commercial? I don't we want a commercial. You had to face.
Speaker 3: We're out of commercials. Oh, let me look at my notes. I have one more thing I definitely wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: I know you did, that's why. Yeah, we glad we planned this.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what. I went to a restaurant for lunch, as you do.
Speaker 4: More food, here we go.
Speaker 3: I went to a fantastic Have you ever been the yard House?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I have. There's one at American Dream. Oh looky for you. So I'll go there for lunch with my winnings. Winnings. What did you win? Possibly five thousand dollars? I don't know. You do win ship? Not for my contest? He didn't.
Speaker 3: No, it's not your contest. It's it's the contest run by the mall. And I am one hundred percent allowed. Okay, so you know what.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna tell you know what.
Speaker 3: So I went there for lunch and I ordered the jumbalalaya, and I ordered rice and sausage and shrimp and chicken, and is delicious brown sauce over a bet of white rice.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Protein and carbs, protein and carbs, so good, protein and carbs, so delicious.
Speaker 3: And I've had it there before, but I haven't been back. I haven't been there in a couple of months.
Speaker 4: By the way, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't suspect Yardhouse to be a place where you'd order jumble lie, I have to call you out on that for a second. Who the hell is your jumbalaya at Yardhouse? Yard House is known for its beer, I'll tell you. Okay, so I'm gonna be a for lunch. No, but like I would stay, I would stay neutral, do the cheese.
Speaker 3: But I didn't order Italian food, Okay, but I ordered Jumbalaiah Cajun' had it there before.
Speaker 4: I've had it there four or five times. Okay. I don't want to, you know, take a ship.
Speaker 3: There's no creole restaurant that I wanted to go to them all. So I get to I get the food, and I take a bite of my shrimp, and I hear it.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's cardinal rule number one.
Speaker 7: Brody.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm a percent right now for you. Now, the shrimp is in the sauce, and I see that the tails are on it. We've talked about them.
Speaker 2: Did one of the early episodes of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. I remember I remember going off on leaving shrimp in its shell in a fucking set and it's something that you got to pick up with your four.
Speaker 3: Correct Now, it's one thing. If it's on top of a salad that you might order, like a Greek set, it's still unacceptable. It's still unacceptable, Okay, but you can you can. If they're on the top and have sauce on them, you can take the shell off. I know in fine restaurants they will tell you that the flavor stays in the shrimp better. And it's all the flavor comes out of the shell.
Speaker 4: It's all. It's yardhouse.
Speaker 3: It's not the fucking four star Michelin's the star dining restaurant.
Speaker 4: It's yardhouse that.
Speaker 2: It's covered in sauce and it's covered in a delicious So I have to like lick the sauce off and then take the shell off and then throw it back into the sauce and mix it like okay.
Speaker 3: So the manager comes off. I didn't call the manager a very nice guy. Turns out he's from far Rockaway, which is in Queens, not far from where we grew up, not that far. Comes over, a really nice guy. He says, hey, how's everything going, Guys enjoying lunch? How's your server?
Speaker 4: Everybody? Hey, listen, everything's great. We're regulars here. I have a question.
Speaker 3: I've had the jumbalaya before, I've never had the tails on the shrimp before. I said, is this a mistake? What's going on here? And he says, well, the reason we leave the tails on is for the flavor. And I said, listen, Doug.
Speaker 4: So choking hazard? Judt Doug, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Said, Doug, listen, I can't see the shell covered in brown sauce. And why would I want to go digging in the sauce to get the tail off? Well, I said, did you just change this rule? Have I been getting lucky all this time? No, they just ordered a new kind of shrimp, and because it's a gourmet shrimp, it's a higher scale quality shrimp.
Speaker 2: Keep the tail off shut to change your policy? Fuck that I'm doing I'm magy for you, Brody, I said.
Speaker 3: I said, Doug, I'll tell you what you do. Give me the cheap ass shrimp he used to put in here before that no one complained about that didn't have a co when you bite it, because nobody wants to bite shells in sauce. How am I supposed to do this with my hands and get the shell off? So he says, listen, I see your point. Here's what we can do if you order it. We can dshell the shrimp for you before we put it in the in the dish. I said, so you're telling me, But the next time I come here, I want the cooks to go, oh, this fuck wants me to take the shells off the.
Speaker 2: Shrimp, dig their fingernails in their asshole first, and then I said.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna d shell my shrimp. I said, shouldn't it be done in the prep process? I said, nobody else has complained. He said, well, we just changed it a month ago, a few weeks ago, whatever it was. I said, Doug, you gotta tell corporate change it. You exactly changed you to tell you to tell them run it up up to change mess. What, Brody, They're not just doing that at that yard house. They're doing that at yard houses around the country.
Speaker 4: I se Doug, was this your idea? He's like, no, this is the corporate policy. It's fight. It's a better quality shrimp. I go, who complained about the quality of the shrimp. I want shitty shrimp without the shell shell. Shitty shrimp. That's what I want. And by the way, shitty shrimp. You know how I would pronounce.
Speaker 2: It shrimp shrimp shrimp shrimp.
Speaker 4: Nah. You know.
Speaker 2: They do the same thing with olives, and sometimes you throw olives tail they the olive. Yeah, why don't do that? And then you don't want to flavor the p break a break a fucking tooth?
Speaker 4: Oh can I tell you don't know?
Speaker 3: This person at the at the salad place you ordered from may have saved your teeth by not putting the olives.
Speaker 2: And you said, nope, I've ordered different from there before, and they do a great job of with their klamada olives and deep pitting them. It's not kalamade olives, No, not gola mode, not like calamari Klamade's no, it's klamada k A l A m A t a colamada.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta play a video, few I'll do it next week. I don't want to go looking for the video now. But my friend Eric, who's doing new other podcasts, I mean it's Eric sent me a video that he was ranting about on his podcast. It's a guy who I don't even know if he's Italian, doing a TikTok video or reel on Instagram of both about his Italian sandwiches. And he's like, look at this, we use fresh and.
Speaker 4: Then he goes back to talking normal. He's clearly putting the accent off the rudio. Of course, he has music to my ears.
Speaker 2: I love that, and I don't I think he might be Hispanic, and he's deliberately putting on the Brooklyn italianas.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got no problem with that. I have no problem with it.
Speaker 3: But Eric was very upset that he goes this is he's trying too hard, And.
Speaker 2: Then all the comments are like, what's gaba ghoul? Would you explain scary to everyone? What gaba goool is actually capa cola. It's c A p I co o l a something like that, and Hapa became gabba cola became ghoul. Give me upon Goba gool. That's our neighborhood in Brooklyn. And then it was more popularized by Tony Soprano because he said, Goba ghoul. Yeah, wracked that guy. Keep that guy put a ball in his head. Give me some go by the way, have you ever seen Ariy Spears from Mad TV? Do Tony Soprano?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: In fact, I have a video of him, and I cannot believe the words are coming out of this guy's mouth. I'm like, that's not he's he's he's a black guy. No, and Heprano's a black guy. No, Ay Spears. I need to tell our audience doesn't know who he is. So I explaining and he's sitting there talking, being interviewed, and then all of a sudden, he goes into the voice and just like it does a minute of spot on Tony Soprano.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's weird. It's weird because he doesn't look like Tony Soprano. It doesn't look look he looks nothing. He looks like Sapruce.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, let me get okay, but before you play me the video because I brought it up because you sent it to me, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Scary when people do voice impressions of other famous people. Right, let's say I did a great or you did a great Tony soprano. You don't look like Tony soprano. Wouldn't it be weird to see the voice coming out of your mouth?
Speaker 4: This is the first? Yes, why really weirder?
Speaker 3: But why is it weirder that Aery Spears is black doing Tony soprano as opposed to a guy who also didn't look anything like Tony soprano but happened to be white, maybe a redheadache.
Speaker 2: Yes, it because it's completely like it just it just doesn't add up.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It looks like somebody's just lip syncing, but it just doesn't work. I don't know why, because you can't.
Speaker 1: He goes.
Speaker 4: He goes to full on Ginzo Italian. Here, let me let me, uh play it all right, let me play it for you. You're not playing for me, You're playing for the slices. Yeah, I'm not playing it. Do you think I do anything for you on this podcast? I do everything for the slices, not for you.
Speaker 8: You do what you can, You do your best, all right, your favorite Anything that's new feels like a new child. Uh, but I love Tony soprano because one it's a white guy Italian and nobody expects you to do that.
Speaker 4: He said it to himself. I asked me a question, Tony, what did you do with the body? Does matter what I do with the fucking body?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: My, guy's gonna fuck Marry show. What's your question for the position for the King? I run a fucking under borsh. I'm about doing it, Johnny fucking shack buried behind the fucking bout a bigger doneon matter it goes, Oh my god, like I'm watching your mouth when you do it?
Speaker 2: That is that the King?
Speaker 4: You can't believe it, Tony to.
Speaker 8: A daddish uncle Jona, Jny fucking check. So then you gotta have met on a we'll go down on audio assumios audio fucking bokash.
Speaker 4: He's snapped a mat of guy. But to go fucking gravy, that's a different language.
Speaker 8: You just.
Speaker 4: What's your best impersonation? Your your favorite feels like a news enough enough enough you op it? Oh that you looped it? You looped it looped Anthony?
Speaker 2: Anyway you loop that that that guy is who spot offs. I don't think there is a better person. There is a better impersonator than that guy right there, amazing award winning ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't remember anybody on on social media does a better Tony soprano.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, all right, tremendous, all right on that? All right?
Speaker 3: So join us on Saturday at the American Dream where brod he's gonna win somebody.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna win.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 2: This is double negative, which means I'm gonna win. Said, yes, no, that's how we're do it. You know where our rock boys brockl Brockly
Speaker 5: Boys, brock brock li