Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Today you'll hear from quarterback Lamar Jackson, outside linebacker Away and inside linebacker Patrick Queen.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Lamar, So Lamar.
Speaker 3: With the Chiefs losing the Raves, Raps now currently the number one see the AFC.
Speaker 4: Does that mean anything right now?
Speaker 5: Not really?
Speaker 6: You know, it's still a lot of season left to play already mean anything to me right now?
Speaker 7: One question, Lamarrow, obviously with Mark going down and the wide receivers is gonna have more on their play. Just your chemistry with Odell with all those guys, really, can you talk about how that's growna of course the way.
Speaker 8: You feel that that's happened.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, I believe our chemistry when my chemistry with all the receivers are, you know, coming along well?
Speaker 5: The long and the season been going.
Speaker 6: You just got to keep locking in and practice and keep building more, you know, because play's roading around the end of the season rolling around.
Speaker 5: You just gotta keep stepping in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Does it look like you guys.
Speaker 7: Took some shots and took against the things and deep shots hip the ones the other day out do you feel like that's gonna come along?
Speaker 4: I mean number, there's a really close to than the ones said.
Speaker 6: Run Yeah, absolutely, uh, not just O'Dell, but all the receivers, you know, cause everyone running routes for us speed, running great routes, getting uh getting separation away from corners. DB's they doing a great job. So we start connecting down the field Scots and lemon fire offense.
Speaker 4: Well, mother, what was you're supposed to see us from Isaiah Webber with just bigger.
Speaker 9: Opportunity dings to happen? Uh?
Speaker 6: I say, pH, I see a lot you know, ste stepping in the row. You know, Mark just going down on this past Thursday. I believe he'll step up and and do what he's supposed to do, you know, cause he shows a glimpse of it. He always you know, somewhere open as I'm watching film and stuff like that. So I feel like here he'll step up and do the right thing. Well, what gives you confidence of likely and Charlie get to step up with him, like Hosy, what if you see on the practice school but a n seen?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: I see I see trying to blocking his tail off. I see him catching the ball, you know it's tall, tight end and catching the ball over guys. Uh, basically massing 'em. Uh likely, you know, we we built our chemistry. Last year, you know, his rookie season, he was just balling out of control.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: But this year here, I I believe just from the maturity and them being in the system a year, well not this system, but like just being in the league a year, I believe those guys know what to do to.
Speaker 3: Y'all think it's your twenty eight yards and blushing away for becoming just the four quarterback to get over five thousand for a career.
Speaker 4: Is there? I mean it you join likes to dick cam and and gloss over any significance.
Speaker 6: Uh that fields Uh, I mean I'm in line with the great. So that's pretty cool, no doubt.
Speaker 5: I'm cool with that. That's nice.
Speaker 8: I'm mar I think trying to remember us using as any pain that did you have?
Speaker 10: Do you have any weight or or doing someings different ways to just you know, deal with absorbing you know the close off you guys to take throughout the person's season climb into the shit.
Speaker 5: Nah, last year I did that was last year, not this season.
Speaker 8: I think second, just your acta good dad.
Speaker 6: I believe, I'm good, believe I'm a hundred percent I I I'm just curious if.
Speaker 11: I've given what you've gone through since you've been here, have you done anything to to maybe start against injuries and learn things I guess or that.
Speaker 8: Things maybe that's a different way or take them along those lines.
Speaker 5: Uh uh not really.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't slide, but I get down, I get under hits. Yeah, I'll say that, but that's it.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 4: Is there like a art too, I guess is it like a Is that like a learned skill like how to take a hit?
Speaker 9: I guess.
Speaker 5: Just don't get hit? That's it. That's all I know. Don't get hit, yes, sir.
Speaker 7: More like you said after the game, you know you a market like camp or in jolly, what do you feel like is the toughest thing moving on now without him that you're gonna have to adjust.
Speaker 6: To without Mark being Uh, I'll say, you know, when we gotta go out script sometimes and that show, I'd say that was my number one guy. When I go out script, me and him gonna have a connection somehow, some way. That's about it, though, you know we were gonna be missing that and just Mark, just Mark being him, you know, just doing things to.
Speaker 5: Put us in great situations on that field. So we've been missing that a lot.
Speaker 4: But more of you had a chance to talk to Mark and how it was his morale, uh about everything.
Speaker 9: That went on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I reached out to him after the game. I pretty much just you know, pretty much just let him have his time, cause I know people have been reaching out, but I definitely hit him up the day.
Speaker 4: One thing John said yesterday, John Harbaugh said yesterday was thinks.
Speaker 10: That you and in the offense are better equipped maybe to endure losing Mark this year compared to maybe in years past.
Speaker 4: Would you agree with that, and if so, why do you think that is?
Speaker 5: I don't know how. I really don't know. I I don't think we we equipped to lose him at all.
Speaker 6: You know, that's cause just because of the guy he is, you know, one of our leaders, you know on offense besides myself. But we got great receivers, you know, we got great backfield, got great tight ends who stepping up. Just how a team, I'll say, just different all around. That's why we were able to you know, go on with out our brother.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 4: When you talk about being able to go off script with the receiver. Are you starting to feel out with like Za or or an Odell? You know, are you far enough along that that's starting to be there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I I I believe so from us watching film together and us talking about that practice and actually transition over to the game with being ob small things like that, stepping in all those small steps in the right direction.
Speaker 7: The things changed all in the red zone here, Mark obviously a big red zone target, had six touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Does anything change without him down there?
Speaker 5: Some things might be off script. That's about it with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mar we about to like to see Gus do his thing speaking of a goal the goal line in the red.
Speaker 5: Zone, I mean, or that's practice, I believe.
Speaker 6: I mean he he was out what two years ago, he got hurt two years ago, and I believe it made him take a step back. But this season, I feel like as we've been going on week by week, he's been scoring to touchdown here, two touchdowns there, three touchdowns sometimes. You know, he running the ball like more efficient. You know, he's getting his lass back under He doing a great job. He looking like oh gusta bus Mark.
Speaker 7: Some of your off platform thros just you know, on the move and all that stuff just.
Speaker 2: And going viral on social media this year? Is that something that he worked on more of this off seasons that just come naturally to you? Where's that come from?
Speaker 6: I mean, people can't see our practice of film, but I believe I've been doing that practice for years. It's just transitioning over to games, you know, and that that's pretty much.
Speaker 8: It, like superior core strength to make the crime pros that you're remaking.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I do work on my course, so that's probably that's probably it. Yeah, that's jameson.
Speaker 9: You're not gonna.
Speaker 5: M i'm'a keep that on lo. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Xed up outside linebacker.
Speaker 3: You're talking to Cook Charge all accounts you talked about that he doesn't even feel like he's kind of scratched the surface yet. As far as how your potential, do you kind of feel the same way?
Speaker 9: Yeah, But like I really always felt that, I felt like, you know, there's there's still so much I can you know, get better at. You know, I asked us of my game, you know, cause I started late, and you know the part where the place where I got drafted. Obviously it require a lot of expectations early but you know, I'm still I'm very much in developmental stage. I still got a lot to prove. It's still a lot to get better on. So I I agree. I I feel like I'm just you know, scratching the surface.
Speaker 4: If you had a break down. Why we're seeing a more consistent version of you, you know, especially in this recent scratch Is it health? Is it technique? I mean, what what's the best explanasue in your mind?
Speaker 9: Well, it's probably like a mixture of both, you know, health timing. Guys around me are helping me to be a clowney man nooy uh appears a bunch of guys you know having good years, so that helps. And then obviously like Chuck and then guys like we are helping us you know better this year in terms of like what the the past r scheme, what we're looking at, you know, get off and stuff like that. So I feel like it's a mixture of all those.
Speaker 4: We talk to you a lot about Hucky sort of coming in this season in the summer. Now that you've you know, had months with them, where do you feel like that relationship is paid off the best?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I feel like it's just the mentality of you know, what you're looking at, which your approaches and your rush, you know, just always having a plan, having a plan before even like the ball snap that really helped me. So you know, little things like that. And then he always harps on me like every week on the little like details because you know, if you have sex success a lot, you might forget about the little things that you know you you were doing just to get to that spot. So he always tells me each week. Like you know, it gets knowing sometimes cause he's always like harping on me little things. But now I'm really grateful for you know, him always just staying on me st like you know, for stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: There we here a lot of times about teams adding veteran players and how they can have impact on younger players.
Speaker 9: Already in that position.
Speaker 4: Just talk about Cuney and how Bennoi and how they've how you have a relationship.
Speaker 9: With them and what they tell you. Yeah, I feel like this year is kind of different cause it's not like it's not so much I'm learning from them. It's like I'm just picking off like little things that are like each of their games, and you know, it's a respecting you know with Clowney obviously, like the way his his tananati is, he's persistent. You know, it's just he's ball to the wall. You know, he's going hard every play where there's in the run in the past. And then kV is just the savvy like you know, vet like little things that you can pick up or just still just just based on you know, what you're looking at and stuff like that. So you know, it's a different relationship this year than I what I've had, you know, past years with like you know, justin Houston and kalay Is feed guys like that. But uh, you know, I feel like it's just a good group of like personalities and everyone wants to get better. Everyone has a goal. So that's why I was mentioned, well yeah, got it.
Speaker 11: Uh what do you kind of make of this back half of the schedule where you guys gonna be playing a lot of games in prime time?
Speaker 9: Do you guys do well?
Speaker 4: A lot of people talking about you, just what what's what do you make of this kind of opportunity or how little.
Speaker 9: You make of it? I feel like y'all always talking about you, But uh, I feel like, you know, this is just a good opportunity just to uh you know just really uh showcase everything that you worked on and you know, try to you know, cancel all the the the Nay series and pus out. We all love primetime games. We love uh, you know, show the whole world, you know, you know what we've been practicing and everything, cause everyone's watching at that point. So you know, I feel like there's a good chance, you know, just honeing on the little things that we were building up, you know, each week, and then you know, just put a ball into these fa these these last couple of weeks and everything.
Speaker 4: So it just waking up being the number one seed. May have see it relatively early, think you will season meet.
Speaker 9: Would do it means something, but obviously it's we still got some games to go. Yeah, I mean, any given Sunday, anything can happen. But you know, it's definitely a a a good sight to see that, you know, we're at the top right now cause obviously all the work that we put in everything, but uh, you know, we still got m some more weeks to go. And then if it says like that at the end of the season, then you know we could celebrate, but it's still some work to do.
Speaker 4: What are your kind of your thoughts on Herbert? You know Herbert's work for their quarterback and watching menial field.
Speaker 9: You know, just a lusive guy. He's good on his feet, very accurate as well. Uh he he could throw the ball really hard, you know, just n just talented QB. But you know, I feel like if we say, at our disguises, we do what we have to do, don't allow him to you know, pick up PI, you know, pick out our defense and stuff like that, stay disciplined in our wrestlings and then tackle and bring it you know, finished plays like uh, I myself, you know, I feel like it would be good. We'd be straight and you know we we match up p pretty much better than them. So yup, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's ul.
Speaker 5: Are you surprised if you guys uh sacks members, if you've uh been met from you like the season?
Speaker 7: No? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you had a chance to grow up to data or how often you go, oh.
Speaker 9: He's doing well, he's doing well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys played really well against Herbert two years ago. Does that does that matter at all at this point or is that another another lifetime? At this point?
Speaker 9: Uh? I mean we remember we always remember little things, you know, playing with him, cause it is like war when we were out there anyways, but uh, the end of the day, that was like what two two years yea two years ago. So obviously we're different players. We expect that he's a different player, so we're always to stay at fairs to stay hungry. But we remember, like obviously past games and everything.
Speaker 4: So yeah, does it get a lot you Does it give you a lot of confidence that one you guys are all playing well or across the that's the line a line back, but also playing with.
Speaker 7: The Skies as another measor of team your apartment doesn't exactly know where you guys are coming from and Russia from where you're not how much.
Speaker 2: Your confidence is that get you guys a lot?
Speaker 9: You know, it's just like we're all like little ninjas out there just trying to like you know, hide as as long as as we can and then just attack. So it definitely helps me helps the back end, you know, if everyone has good time and you know pq row Kyle, I feel like he's one of the best at it. But yeah, that that time, the timings is crucial, So I think we all do a pretty good job at doing.
Speaker 2: And last but not least, here's linebacker Patrick Quean.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What do you think of this Chargers offense?
Speaker 7: And you guys faced them a couple of years ago and had a really good day defense because any of that kind of carry.
Speaker 2: Over to this week.
Speaker 12: Uh, their offense is electric. Honestly, Uh, they you could tell they put enough points you could tell they not really the sole problem of the team, even though some people might say situation the league they haven't been uh y, you know, capitalizing on them. But they are a hell of the offense. Uh, we're really going to be in all claying on all some just going in there in a hostyle environment to get this one.
Speaker 7: What really stands out to you about their offense?
Speaker 12: You got justin Obviously, he can put the ball anywhere he wants, act extremely accurate, kept thought about it extremely hard, He could move around, he could do whatever, he could recoverage it. So he's really like a all around quarterback. Then we just gotta be prepared for uh, the players, every each and every single player the electric They could get the ball in their hands and they could do damage. So, uh, we just gotta be great and our coveraches ain't tackle.
Speaker 4: Is it big this lake, this late game helping you guys coming from you Scloes.
Speaker 5: To West Coast.
Speaker 12: Uh, a little bit. You get a few days, but honestly, four days in the season and everyal ain't gonna make a difference.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 12: You might get l a like a mental uh break, but as far as physical or I don't really think there's much of a break.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 12: But at this point, everybody's hurting during the season, especially teams that have really by. So we just got going there. Just be mentally strong. I just push through physically and just get to this bowie.
Speaker 2: Does it mean anything to you to wake up and sit up point see the.
Speaker 12: Team after the chief wants or something a little bit?
Speaker 9: Yeah it does.
Speaker 12: But at the end of the day, Yeah, if we lose, you know, it don't matter. So we st got going in there and had no business get the nine and three this weekend. Just uh, just keep trying to keep driving up, keep.
Speaker 7: That spot, raving that one of the toughest strengths to schedule down the stretch here.
Speaker 2: How do you kind of approach that?
Speaker 7: What's the the mentality going into that stretch was handled at one game at the time.
Speaker 12: Just do what we do, keep doing what we've been doing, get better at the things that we need to get better at. Uh, just take it day by day. Don't look in the future too much. Just have fun with what's what's the present and uh, just you know, try to give one percent better.
Speaker 4: We feel uh your talk without your main pride on Twitter. I feel like he was being a sore loser. What was your kind of opinion?
Speaker 12: You need to take responsibility for his actions, ain't I ain't. I ain't the one on that side of the ball getting cooked. The whole deference was getting cooked. So that's his problem. W I know one thing, when we was in the playoffs, we wasn't blaming our quarterback being out. Uh. We gave up what ten, seventeen, whatever it was, and we were telling him we would have held him to ten, we would have won a game. So, uh, we take responsibility on this side. I don't know about that side.
Speaker 4: Maybe Patrick que you've gotten to see always for career. I mean, if you, how do you describe the evolution from the rookie to the guy that we've seen over the last five weeks? What qorsay?
Speaker 12: Everybody love m now? Everybody love him now? We already knew what he was capable of. Obviously, he was getting there as a real kick. Second year, he was doing a hell of a job. He just couldn't finish it in you know. It just it take time for those things, just slowing the game down for him. And I'm just going out there now balling, getting comfortable. Even though he's not as healthy as he was, He's still being able to go out there and make plays at a high level. So imagine when that ankle does get healthy. So he just I'm really proud of him, really happy for him. I journeys right, Yeah, definitely, yeah, definitely do definitely could relate.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Ravens Press Pass.
Speaker 1: Make sure you subscribe, leave us a rating and review, and check out the Lounge podcast where me, Ryan Mink and Garrett Downing broke down the tape from the Ravens big win over the Bengals and we will speak to Outside LINEBA for more in depth conversation this week, so tune in for that.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. We'll be back tomorrow.