Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Maxie and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 2: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 3: You're still Philadelphia. Seventy six Ers postgame show presented by the Park's Casino fact.
Speaker 4: Oh Baby, You'll love jab to beat on the back down against weapon You on your powers.
Speaker 3: Slabs of the seventy six Ers postgame show right now on ninety seven to five, the Fanatic.
Speaker 2: The season series finale goes to the Boston Celtics. They win the series three to one against the Sixers. They win the game one twenty three, one oh five, and they let it wire to wire. Welcome to the Parks Casino postgame show. Matt Murphy with you after the eighteen point loss for the Sixers, which featured a lengthy injury report headlined by Maxi George and Embiid for the Sixers, Jalen Brown, Porzingis, Drew Holliday, and Al Horford for the Celtics, who were on the second night of a back to back. They beat the Blazers by ten last night in Boston behind a forty three point game from Pritchard forty one point game from Derek White. Those guys go for nineteen and twelve tonight, respectively. Tatum was the one who led the way with thirty five. He didn't play last night, and he had thirty five to lead all scorers in this game.
Speaker 1: Fourteen of twenty.
Speaker 2: Three from the field, five of eleven from three to two for two from the line, seven rebounds as well. Oubre led the Sixers with twenty seven points, five rebounds and six assists, seventeen for Lonnie Walker the fourth and fourteen for Justin Edwards. As we wait to hear from Sixers head coach Nick Nurse, the Sixers got ten points late from Jeff Dalton Junior as their other player in double figures. Andre Drummond was one point off of a double double as the starting center with ten rebounds and nine points. The Celtics did not make twenty threes, as they've done twenty times this season. They went nineteen of forty eight for a thirty nine point six percent night from three point range. The Sixers shot it better from three than they have recently, thirty eight and a half percent fifteen of thirty nine, but they gave up a bunch of paint points early. The Celtics led sixty four forty six at halftime. And this was all Boston tonight. Here's Nick Nurse.
Speaker 5: Look back at it. And I think the first quarter was what really did us in and and I couldn't quite you know, I just didn't think we were moving great, you know, just in general, just up the floor, speed back and speed pace on offense, rotations on defense. And I'm just again, you know, I'm not I know, I know, you know, like these five top five six guys are logging tons of minutes, but that that to me felt like felt like the biggest, biggest thing. And then you know, we I think we played a little better in the second half and started doing some doing some things and you know, kind of got the game. I think it was back to ten. And then then we just kind of let go there at the end of the third, which was too bad because we were having a really good third quarter again, just like we the other night. So a little too much early in that twenty to two run they had, you know, finished the game off. Yeah. Yeah, he did a good job and you could see he wasn't feeling very very He wasn't feeling a hunt near one hundred percent tonight. So and I kind of wanted to play him and make him, you know, get him, get him used to tough and through through some of that stuff. He but he his offensive you know, attacks I think are are he does him at the right moments. You know, he's not forcing much when he plays on the catch and and he does you know, if he's got a room for a pull up, he does it. If he's got room to take it all the way. He doesn't. I thought he made some great decisions on the pull ups tonight. I was trying to get a couple more guys to do that because when we we would turn the corner on him, you know, there was the shot seemed like between fifteen and eight feet not at the rim because they were kind of sitting in there waiting at the rim. I mean, Kelly made some tough finishes in there, but they were tough, you know. And then I think the stretch of the stretch at the end of the third we had some really we had some decent shots, but they were contested at the rim. There were a degree of difficulty was a little much. Yeah, yeah, yeah, really good. That's that's what I said. I think he's two things. He's got a willingness to try really hard and play defense at multiple positions. And his IQ on offense, again, the ball seems to find him and he he takes it when he's open, and if he's not, attacks the clothes out and if not, he moves the ball.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 5: Good IQ on offense, well, obviously they did a really good job of getting into him and getting over screens. And things like that. But I also think he did have some pretty good looks there, right, and he did get to some spots, but his first two were three were open threes that didn't come close.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So again just just not quite you know whatever, you know, just just didn't have the feel tonight, you know, at all. Give them some credit for sure, but I also think that he just didn't quite have the feel obviously, not the feel that he's had the last few games. Right, Yeah, play good, yep, played hard, made some made some uh you know, made some good shots from the perimeter, but just kept I thought he was again I like his patience. He's not he's not you know, he's thriving the ball with some strength and composure and playing through some hits and and getting to the free throw line a little bit. I thought he I thought he did a good job, really do a job playing hard and scoring the ball. Yep, yep, yeah yeah again, I think I mean, obviously he's he's got the trigger from three. He seems to get up be a high volume three point shooter. Obviously made some tonight. I thought he could have when they did run him inside the line. I thought he had some opportunities just kind of one dribble in from there, so again just showing him some of that stuff. But again he can he can score the ball a little bit, and he obviously can shoot the ball. All right, everybody, thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Burf back too.
Speaker 2: Yep, Nick Nurse post game after what was a one twenty three, one oh five Celtics win over the Sixers. We've got more coming on the Parks Casino post game show, but first let's check in here with Tom McGuinness, who you just heard. And Tom, what we just heard from coach included that third quarter into the fourth twenty to two runs, so that could be considered the turning point, but Boston had gone up big before that, and early was the turnovers of the Sixers. And you described the danger zone the passes were was it the passes?
Speaker 1: What was the danger zone early?
Speaker 4: Well, I think part of that is because some of these guys haven't played together. So initially the first play was Gershan. There was a play where Kelly Oubre had gotten knocked down, so he really never changed and he was open. And then instead Yabasele tried a pass down the far sideline where he led justin Edwards a little too much, So it was a bad outlet. That was a bad turnover. And then another one where I believe it was a teammate threw at the Yabu sle but he threw it went on the catch. The Celtics player was right there. So the second that Yaba say, and he was giving room to land, but he had no idea that a Boston player was awaiting boom he charged into him. So those are sometimes those mistakes are on the passer. So those those I call that in the you know, I never said that before.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that.
Speaker 4: Just like they had a couple if not maybe even another turnover in the mid court between the top of the key at either end of the court in hockey would be called the neutral zone, right, and you know, the Sixers just didn't handle the ball well. He ended up with sixteen turnovers and Boston converted twenty three points off of turnovers in the game. They won by eighteen, and the Celtics pretty efficient, only eleven turnovers and only six points off turnovers. But you know, like so you could say the third quarter was a difference, but in the end, Boston had a huge lead after one and Tatum taken over with that big eighteen point quarter. I mean that set of tone that they really never looked back from.
Speaker 2: Kelly Oubre gave great effort as he has been twenty seven points to lead the team. Justin Edwards was back in there. Good to see that he had fourteen points, a quick couple points, a couple of baskets early in this game. Now it's the Jazz on Sunday night, So two days without a game, seven to thirty night game in Philly. The Jazz are fifteen and forty seven and they're injury report for their game tomorrow in Toronto includes Lowry Mark and Jordan Clarkson and John Collins. So any final thoughts on Ubra or Edwards or that Jazz game on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Well, for you know, like you said, to get a little breathing room in the schedule. Like yesterday, it wasn't a terrible travel day, but because of the snow, they got much more snow in Minneapolis than they anticipated, so there was eight to ten inches and that was all at the airport. So it was a long process for the Sixers to finally shove off and get here. They canceled shoot around today as a result just because it, like I said, became a long travel day. This is going to get to Utah. But for me and then as a traveler, the sun came out, the temperature got there around there, So the longer the better, right, like they you should have seen the operation that they put together to you know, at the Minneapolis airport to be able to let the planes go. It was amazing. It's like that in Denver in those city. I mean you're seeing eighteen snowplolls side by side by side by side as they clear runways. Quite an operation.
Speaker 1: But wait, the longer the day the better because you enjoy.
Speaker 4: Sense in that sense, no, because you know it's going to be the temperatures rising, it's not icy, your plane's getting de iced. Like all you had to do for the sixers was get the ball. They still got here at five o'clock, but they left their hotel at ten am, you know what I mean. So in that sense, it's not like you're waiting on the concourse in a busy airport. You're in a private jet on a private plane. So the waiting is you know, just to watch your video a little bit more, read your book, or you know what I mean. Like I'm the only guy reading the book, by the way, but anyway, do you know what I mean, like a library book, Let me put it that way. So but yeah, so in that sense, so tomorrow would be a day off, That's my point, I would think, and to try to rest and recover and hopefully some of these guys have been out can can recuperate and be better in a way to play because here starts another road trip. You play Utah at home, and then you travel and play Atlanta. So yeah, so the Sixers definitely, you know, like you're seeing some really good individual performances at times tonight with Zubra, We've seen it with Grimes and Yabou Sale. You know, they need to patch together collectively more than just one or two guys having good games to be able to get out of this downward slide, shall we say.
Speaker 2: For George it's the groin injury. For Maxie it's the back injury. Maxi has now missed two games in a row. So we'll continue to monitor all of that. But on Sunday, it's Sunday Night Basketball the Sixers and the Utah Jazz in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Tom mcguinnis, thanks as always, all right, Burf good Night.
Speaker 2: The final score of the Boston Celtics won twenty three the Philadelphia seventy six Ers one oh five in Boston now twenty one and forty one. The second place Celtics improved to forty five and eighteen. They win the season series three to one. Utah is next for the Sixers. They will play the Celtics soon two on their road trip, and two days ago, Jazz rookie guard Isaiah Collier was named the Western Conference Rookie of the Month, so a bright spot for them in February. He's a six to three to twenty year old from usc who averaged for the month eleven and a half points per game and nine and a half assists per game. But their injury report includes their star Lowry Markinen at least for Toronto on the road tomorrow and then. It's been a bunch of names for the Sixers, including the top three players for tonight's game in Boston. We'll have the audio highlights the game as played out from start to finish, as called from start to finish by Tom picking out select plays from the leading scorers. Will go through those players and the team stats as we wrap things up. After the break. You're listening to the seventy six Ers post game Show, which is presented by Parks Casino. After a one to twenty three one oh five Sixers loss to the Celtics in Boston, you are listening.
Speaker 3: To the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino.
Speaker 2: Elsewhere in the NBA tonight, the Knicks and Lakers are underway in Los Angeles and the Lakers are looking for an eight game winning streak. The Sixers fall tonight in Boston, one twenty three, one oh five. Matt Murphy here with the final segment of our postgame show presented by Parks Casino. It will include the audio highlights in a moment and to look at the standings. The Celtics third straight win over the Sixers this season two in February in Philadelphia, after the Sixers had that thrilling win as part of the NBA Christmas Day coverage slate, if you will, and the Celtics end up winning the season series. As the defending champs, they have forty five wins, forty five and eighteen. Sixers are twenty one and forty one, and we had been keeping an eye on that Brooklyn Nets game, who had a tiebreaker over the Sixers in the Eastern Conference standings in the eleven and twelve spots. So we'll update that result and how the standings shake out with the Sixers at twenty one and forty one now, but before we do that, let's hear how this game sounded with all of the key plays. Here's Tom McGuinness on the call of Sixer Celtics in Boston. Sixers in white uniform, Celtics in City edition black uniforms with neon or what they call action green, and the injury report had Paul George, Tyree, Smaxi, Joel Embiid and Moore on the Sixers side, Jalen Brown, Christaps Porzingis, Drew Holliday, Al Horford and Moore on the Celtics side. So the Sixers had their thirty ninth different starting lineup in game sixty two. Quentin Grimes, Kelly Bray, Justin Edwards was back in after missing a game with a sprained ankle. Gershaan Yabusele the former Celtic and Andre Drummond the starting group. Derek White for Boston and Peyton Pritchard, both coming off career high forty plus point games last night, second night of a back to back for the Celtics, and that was an NBA record nineteen three pointers made between teammates. Early in the game, Justin Edwards in the lineup, in the starting lineup after being listed as questionable for the Sixers, and he hits a three early. He had the first couple of baskets for Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Among the players not playing. Porsingis at Horford. There in the new corner was Sam Houser. Here's Edwards for three and that's good. Justin Edwards with all five points for the Sixers. Six Ers trailed by one.
Speaker 2: Six' Five edwards in thirty one minutes fourteen, points four rebounds on five of, seven shooting two for three from three and two for two from the. Line but the first quarter it started out looking like Maybe Derek white quarter In Derek white. Game he made his first two threes but then missed a few and ended up two for ten in the game with twelve points and six. Assists he also exited mid second, quarter which we'll get there and the key plays, there but he got hit with an ubre. Elbow So white hit a, couple but then it turned Into Jason tatum, time and he didn't play last, night but he did tonight and he had eighteen in the first.
Speaker 4: Quarter butler lost the, ball dribbled in. Traffic here Comes, tatum runout and A Jaim jordan wats At, butler and that was what coach first talked. About Don butler did not do That tuesday In. Minnesota but he's dribbling in a crowd and he dribbled right Into Jordan.
Speaker 2: Walls thirty three to, nineteen The celtics took a. Lead it was the second eighteen point first quarter of the season For, tatum and the first such performance was Last friday against the first Place, cavaliers who entered the day with an eight game lead cushion in the standings on the second Place. Celtics tatum and The celtics went up twenty five to three that night and lost the game. Eighteen in the First tatum led The celtics to a thirty five to twenty four. Quarter philadelphia's two leading active scorers in the, Lineup Quinton grimes And Kelly Oubrey, junior both shot oh for four in the first and they trailed by, eleven Though ubre would get it. Going as we move along so two With Lonnie, walker the fourth off of the seventy six ers. Bench he was with The celtics during the preseason and in training camp trying to show. Something he was on An exhibit ten. Contract he didn't stick around In, boston so it's safe to say he had a little extra something to prove. Tonight and this was an acrobatic finish From.
Speaker 4: Walker and Nowas sixers in white going right to, left playing offense in front of their, bench they move it to the corner Of Loney walker the. Fourth he's got three, threes circus lay up left the, right brings it down to his knees, ken spin off the board and end well. Eleven he leads The. Sixers what a, Shot right there Are morgan And morgan moment of the. Game five minutes to go in the first, half Six ers to within nine.
Speaker 2: Forty five thirty Six. Celtics you Heard tom say he was three for three from three to. Start he ended five of ten from beyond the, arc six of thirteen from the, field seventeen points in twenty eight minutes off the bench For, Redding Pennsylvania's Lonnie, walker the fourth as a seventy, sixer going against one of his former teams in The, celtics despite not suiting up for them in the regular. Season, boston though answered with back to back, threes eventually built the lead in the second quarter to.
Speaker 1: Twenty.
Speaker 4: Peyton pritchard got To pritchard catch and shoot. Triple ribby no gets his own, miss tries it, again another, three and that's it For pete's. Sakes he got his own rebound beyond the, arc and he'd even have to move the shooting nothing one long shots lead the long, rebounds but, boy The sixers got to get in there and get that. Ball pritchard with his third, Three he's got eleven points of the, game twenty five to go on the first, half fausted by twenty.
Speaker 1: Sixty three forty.
Speaker 2: Three pritchard made ten threes last, night a career high to reach help reach a career high forty three points Against portland at THE Td garden. Tonight he makes four out of eight, threes six of his thirteen, shots all three of his free, throws nineteen, points four, rebounds six, assists and two steals in thirty two. Minutes they kept him in that sixth man role despite having a few players out nineteen points in thirty two minutes For Peyton pritchard and a sixty three forty three. Lead The celtics entered tonight with three of the top eight players in THE nba for three pointers made coming In Derek, White Jason, tatum And Peyton. Pritchard halftime lead was sixty four forty. Six after outscoring The sixers twenty nine to twenty two in the second, Quarter Jason tatum in the third gives them a new largest lead of the game on a step.
Speaker 4: Back white To tatum To hatum Sidestep Yabu slee three point shot up in Good tatum with his third, Three he's got twenty five And boston leeds by twenty one and that now becomes their largest.
Speaker 1: Lead seventy one to.
Speaker 2: Fifty tatum was five for eleven from, downtown game high thirty five. Points his five to threes Matched Lonnie walker's five for The sixers for game high, honors And tatum was fourteen for twenty three shooting the ball. Overall also had three steals in the early portion of this. Game on a thirty five point night in just thirty one minutes seventy one Fifty celtics But ubra with his best quarter of the season in the third quarter tonight for The, sixers and they cut it to fourteen from what was twenty one at that. Point Kelly Ubra junior helped The sixers get even. Closer The sixers forced a time out when they made it a fourteen point game With Yabu, sele and then after that timeout a few possessions Later ubra With Yabu sele on the, assist.
Speaker 4: They go To Yabuchele yabu Ub ubra Over Tatum Remy good in a. Foul Kelly ubra kind of just keeps on keeping Off. Araby he goes into the. Lane yabusele with the dish in tight quarters and from six Feet Kelly houpray with that left handed Shot. Overtatum tatum with his second, foul.
Speaker 2: Nine of twenty shooting For ubra twenty seven, points three for five from, three six for seven at the. Line he did make this one on a twenty seven point, game five, rebound six assists and three, steals so eighty seven eight eighty seven seventy six became eighty seven seventy seven sixers within. Ten tatum had fifteen in the third, quarter But ubra had, sixteen a season high for any, quarter and it ties his third highest scoring quarter of his, career which is now in its tenth, Year so pretty impressive stuff From. Ubra, however it was a larger deficit heading to the fourth because it became ninety seven to seventy going into the fourth during what was a twenty to Two celtic's run that started with two minutes left in the. Third after that, sequence and we'll carry this into the fourth because they go up twenty eight with nine to forty four to go in the, game the MIAs, cata.
Speaker 4: Here's another lob In cueta with free straight field, goals time. Out Derek white throws it to the rim and the Mayas queta with the alleyuke, jam time and time. Again with a break in the, action nine forty four to, Go boston has opened up a twenty eight point.
Speaker 2: One seven seventy nine the MIAs cata From. Portugal The celtics up twenty. Eight they win the game by eighteen one twenty three one oh. Five sixer shot forty two percent in this game To boston's fifty plus yes three point wise just under forty percent For boston nineteen of forty, eight The sixers were thirty eight and a half percent from deep fifteen of thirty, nine they were ten for twelve from the foul. Line The celtics were twelve for. Thirteen and now The sixers will host The Utah jazz On sunday night at seven thirty Pm easter and they've got a lot of road games coming up in this month Of. March they also have a lot Of Sunday monday back to. Backs but it all, starts OR i guess continues In march with this game against The Utah, jazz and we'll check the standings here, next but that The jazz game gives way to a road game At, atlanta so that's a home road back to, back and then each of the next three weekends will be A friday or A Sunday monday game for The, sixers and then the next the two that follow this this weekend are both road back to backs in their, entirety which will be part of a six, game ten day road trip for These philadelphia seventy six, ers who now in The Eastern conference. Standings boston Or brooklyn rather was ahead of them based on divisional, record because that's the tiebreaker due to the fact That brooklyn And philadelphia split the four game season series two to. Two it goes to your record against the, division Which brooklyn is one better, in so they are the eleventh place team and The sixers are twelve and because they Allowed Golden state to come back and win one twenty one one. Nineteen, Tonight curry with forty and seven threes At, brooklyn it stays that. Way Six ers at twenty one and forty. One same For, brooklyn and The raptors have won two. Straight they're twenty and forty two idle, tonight but they are behind those two teams in The. East celtics get a half game On, cleveland so it's a seven and a half game deficit from The Cleveland, cavaliers who lead The Eastern. Conference but that will be it for the seventy Six ers post game show presented By Parks casino on this. Night the final Score boston won twenty Three philadelphia one o. Five thanks to our Producers Matt manarek And Sean rodman and of Course tom McGinnis on the. Call Sunday Night, basketball a seven thirty Pm eastern home start against The Utah jazz and our coverage here on The Sixers radio network presented By Jackpot City. Casino we'll begin at seven Twenty. Eastern until, Then I'm Matt murphy saying thanks so much for, listening have a great start to your, weekend and take care