Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move. I'm Scarlet Food with Normal Linda and we're joined out by Bloomberg News Managing editor for the Bloomberg Markets Live blog, Christine Aquino. And the big daddy of AI is.
Speaker 1: In video, that's right, Scar and it's making quite the comeback this morning or this afternoon, because this morning it was definitely down. So Nvidia ticker NVGA, those shares are now up more than two percent. And you know, we know that in Vidia when when it's the tie that basically lifts or sinks all boats, and is currently lifting all the boats. Because along with Nvidia's rebound, of course we see the SP five hundred also up. Is the biggest contributor to the S and P five hundred's rally at the moment and makes a lot of sense given just the size of the stock. Now, everyone of course is going to be looking forward to the earnings next week that is going to be after the bell on Wednesday, and of course the big focus there is again whether they're going to be able to deliver beats for both their third quarter fiscal results as well as their fourth quarter guidance. A lot of focus going to be on demand for the GB three hundred tip a chip, as well as how much they're spending in capex, particularly with hyperscalars. I mean, we saw that rising twenty seven billion dollars in the second half and ninety billion for twenty twenty six in terms of protections, and so yeah, a lot of focus on how much more funds they're going to be deploying to really develop AI capabilities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I was just looking at a story earlier on the Bloomberg terminal that was talking about just the volatility being priced in right now in the options market heading into Nvidia earnings. As you mentioned, just the behemoth. It is the super Bowl for market. So it's definitely interesting to see how the effects of the Nvidia earnings will definitely play out and ricochet into other sectors.
Speaker 3: You know that it's part of the culture and part of the zeitgeist when people are holding watch parties for in video earnings, which was happening a few years ago, When you know in Vidia's results shattered all expectations of you know, what it can do, and people were saying, oh my gosh, like this is the new gold Rush, and you know, people organizing parties, cheering when the numbers.
Speaker 1: We don't have any happening next week.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone let us know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd love to send people over and report live from it. Well, what else are you watching?
Speaker 1: Also looking at Walmart today, right, So that's been in the news because of the CEO change. So Walmart ticker w MT, those shares stuff just a little bit today, so to down two tenths of one percent of pairing some of its earlier declines and probably just investors trying to make sense of what the CEO handoff means. Right. So Doug McMillan is going to be retiring in February. He's going to be replaced by John Ferner. They are very much cut from the same cloth. Though both of them have been long standing Walmart employees, they both started as hourly employees, they're both lifers. McMillan has been credited as somebody who really transformed Walmart as a digital powerhouse, particularly when it comes to e commerce businesses. And so you know, I think the question really for investors is is Ferner going to be able to build on that success and maybe even extend it evolve it, right? And you know, given that they have consistent performance, they have gained in market share and are maintaining that for the most part, it's really just a question of what Ferner can do to build on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm looking at what analysts are saying on Wall Street for Walmart. We have forty six bys, so about ninety five percent of the street says by the stock and only one staying hold in one saying Cell. So it seems as though there is some optimism here on this company. Lastly, are what else you looking at?
Speaker 1: Looking at Nike Nora today? So Nike shares ticker NKE, So those hairs extending the clients, they're down more than three percent now, so they're to headline for a number of reasons today. It is because they are apparently ending an initiative that gave employees an extra week off each year to promote mental health and wellness. So is there annual Wellness Week which started in twenty twenty one has been held each year since for in August but now no more, no more weeks off for wellness, which I have to say is quite generous, right, A whole week off for wellness sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Wait, so wellness is back? I mean people are not having mental health issues anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe maybe they're like, we don't get this anymore. But apart from that, I mean, Nike has had a mixed week as well. Right, so it got upgraded at Wells Fargo to overweight from equal weight, but then thirteen ha F finalis also show that some companies cutting their positions on the stock set for its biggest rally since late July. But similar to your downtrend.
Speaker 2: The stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest mark get Moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.