Speaker 1: You are now Angel what I call her?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's good? Everybody?
Speaker 3: It is a Tuesday, right, it feels like a Wednesday for some reason.
Speaker 1: But I'm here, Jasmine brand is here. Yes, it does feel like a Wednesday, right.
Speaker 3: I know I kept thinking it was and shout out to Mano, who is running low way.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell y'all the heck is. We've been taking the train and I love it. Yes, and they know doesn't take the train. No, Peo will not.
Speaker 3: He's also coming from Jersey, so it's different. We're talming from Brooklyn. But when I tell you, it is a game changer.
Speaker 1: Listen, and I love that. I know how to tell anybody comes to.
Speaker 3: New York but think it's so complicated and I don't know how to take one train And you're good because everything connects somewhere. But anyway, we have Chef JJ joining us today getting ready for the New York City Wine and Food Festival. He does this event called the Cookout. Now, I did it with him in Miami. Than Miami for that food festival, we have it here in New York October twentieth. It's going to be in Brooklyn for the first time and I'm actually helping a lot more this year, so I'm excited for that. But let's start the show off with some love and some positivity. Let's shine a light eight hundred two ninety two fifty one to fifty is and I'm gona carll us have. Let us know who you want to shine a light on. Let's spread the love, baby, it's way.
Speaker 4: Up, shine shine, turn your lights on, y'all, lights, bread and love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 2: Shine the light on, the shine the light on. It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: His way up for Angela? Ye, I'm here and Jasmine brand is here. Good morning, and you know what time it is. It is time to shine a light. And today I want to shine a light on Farah Lewis. She's a council member in New York in the district where I grew up, actually in Flatbush. Yesterday she had a birthday event kick off fundraising event for her campaign, and I just want to commend her for all the amazing work that she's been doing. She was really outspoken when everything happened with Donald Trump saying things about Haitians eating cats, because she's Haitian and so just think about.
Speaker 1: The people who that affects.
Speaker 3: But honestly, like a lot of people tell me all the time, if you want to know about X, Y and Z, that's happening, talk to Sarah Lewis.
Speaker 1: She's the one that's really been doing the work. She's been active.
Speaker 3: There were things I didn't even know that was happening that they were like Farah Lewis is working with pastor a ar Bernard. You need to talk to her about that. You need to bring her on the show so she can discuss those things. And that's without her even saying anything to me. That's other people telling me.
Speaker 1: Well, that says a lot.
Speaker 3: Talk to Farah Lewis because she's really on the ground. I see her all the time doing work. So shout out to you Farah Lewis, and happy birthday. Now, who do you guys want to spread some love to and shine a light on?
Speaker 1: See one? What's good? Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 5: I want to shine a light on my wife, the Keith. I've been with Hall since nineteen ninety seven. We moved down doing in two thousand and had our first daughter, and we broke up in two thousand and one or two. But I actually spent the block in twenty twenty, oh you know what I mean, after eighteen years and we got back together. But I'm gonna shot a light on her because she's a really strong woman, a strong individual to a simple self warrior. She helped me be a better man. So to my wife, to Keith, I really love your baby. I appreciate everything you've always done for me.
Speaker 1: Wow, awesome, Black King, that's a story, doesn't but it worked out for okay, Nelly in a shinty we see you. God is good even down here.
Speaker 5: I listen to y'all every morning like I listened to y'all every morning on a high because we don't have that station back down here. So after the breakfort Cloud by listening to you and you, I love you, guys, got the big leaning one of the highlights of all shows when you called him being sham shaking them once again, I love you, ladies. I appreciate even getting through and keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: But thank you amazing.
Speaker 3: You know why, because he's happy, he's happy, he's settled. Everything life be life, but in a good way. Sometimes all right, Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you for appreciate.
Speaker 5: Let me turn for the show.
Speaker 3: All right, Jay, all right, well that would shine a light. And when we come back, we have your yee t and let's talk about this Quavo news. It's really confusing because people are trying to say he has a baby. They're saying he's dating somebody different. I don't know what's going on, but we'll try to decide for all of this, and we'll talk about DDG and his breakup. He said that he's going to be single unless he gets back with his baby mama.
Speaker 1: You know who that is, Helly Bailey. All right, it's way up, it says in.
Speaker 2: The rooms from industry shade to all the gossip out. Angela's speeling that eye.
Speaker 1: It's way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, Jasmine brand is here. I'm not just I'm my own brand.
Speaker 3: And I do want to also send our prayers out to everybody in Florida right now who is bracing for Hurricane Milton. There's asking for calls for a new category six designation for this storm. They're saying it's a history or superstorm, and so just keeping everybody in our prayers right now.
Speaker 6: Scary.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's get into some yet are you ready for some breaking news? All right, Rihanna, her highly anticipated Diesel collab is finally here, and by the way, in about thirty minutes, like thirty two minutes, it's going to be dropping on savagex dot com. So I'm looking at some of these items that are going to be available for Diesel.
Speaker 1: Kick and we should get some stuff.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 3: People were just talking about Diesel denim and how like they have amazing dinna. But I feel like for a little while people weren't as into Diesel because remember when jay Z said these ain't Diesel, Diesel VISU and it really made people stop buying diesel.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jaz makes me sad to a drive x five too, because you know, j Z says baby Mama, and I am a big auto tune.
Speaker 3: People stopped doing Crystal. All right, Well, Savage Fancy Diesel is about to drop. So again that's Savage x dot com. Oh, I see some briefs for the guys in here that could be cute.
Speaker 8: Those models are really shined up. Look at shiny and there's mesh stockings on the hand. We should get something, We should get something a little lightweight, you know what. I'm saying, nothing's too crazy.
Speaker 1: What about this metallic effect boostia? Yes, all right now?
Speaker 3: DDG is saying that he is done with dating unless he gets back together with his ex. They really just broke up, or maybe they just told us that they broke up. But he's been firing back at everybody, by the way, on social media.
Speaker 1: Who things to say? I saw him.
Speaker 3: He went at Joe Button really hard. Yeah, And here's what he had to say on his life steam about dating.
Speaker 9: I don't have a potential girlfriend, nor do I even think about that. I don't plan on getting into another relationship at all unlesson's havy. I don't want multiple baby mamas. I don't want none of that. Were taking a break like I said.
Speaker 1: It's gonna break like I said.
Speaker 3: People on social media and I saw this on It's Only Entertainment, they're speculating that the breakup was over Brent Fayaz.
Speaker 1: Come on, Brent, I don't believe. Go ahead, you don't say.
Speaker 3: Chloe and Haley were having a girl's night out in Paris, and social media spies noticed that she was being friendly with Brent in the videos that are now deleted, and then he posted what happens in the dark will eventually come to the light.
Speaker 1: I know guys like this, me too. It's like, calm it down, relax, like nothing going on.
Speaker 3: One yeah, but I mean, and he did say that behind the scenes, this has already been something that's established, so she probably was like, look, I just had a baby.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to do it. I don't know what really happened, but I like to speculate though. He has fun and Quavo.
Speaker 3: Speaking of babies, people were trying to say that he has a baby because he posted himself boarding a jet and you could hear this baby crying.
Speaker 1: In the background. Here's what it sounded like.
Speaker 3: You really got to listen closely. But they're saying that, yes, that's his baby, and then he deleted it. By the way, it could be his no, you or his niece or something. He deleted though, yeah no, I'm playing, but really why you deleted?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 3: All right, well anyway, that is your yeetee. Lots of speculation today when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. We were outside.
Speaker 1: We did a lot, yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: We went to a chef JJ's restaurant. We went out to Farah Lewis's birthday kickoff launch fundraising event.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it, but right now this is all that the single ladies. Put your hands up.
Speaker 2: So about last night, I went down.
Speaker 1: Last night. It's way up. I'm here, Jasmine Brand.
Speaker 3: Is here and hold on, okay, hold on, let's get to it like the Jasminian Death.
Speaker 1: I know you just didn't play new MANO dropping on, she said, Jasmine Brand. Maybe no, but on my home brand. Let's move on.
Speaker 3: And all right, let's move on and Jasmine Brand. Now, last night we had a very active day. We went to field trip Chef JJ's restaurant in thirty Rocks listen, yes, and so we got to make up. I made my own rice bowl. You gotta walk over there because it's a few blacks that.
Speaker 11: Even more, if you come to work, come to.
Speaker 1: Work, you usually doing photo shoots and freestyles and on the radar.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you but anyway, after that, we went to an event of fundraiser for Farah Lewis, who's a council member in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: So we did that.
Speaker 3: But the other thing that happened yesterday was I tore my house apart looking for my wallet. I lost my whole entire wallet.
Speaker 1: He was like, what are you doing. I was like, I'm in the car looking for my wallet.
Speaker 11: I was under the sea.
Speaker 1: Terrible feeling.
Speaker 3: It's an awful feeling when I tell you, I tore everything up online. I froze my credit cards. I froze my debit cards. I had no idea I got to travel today. I got my passport. Guess where it was Jasmine's purse.
Speaker 1: I stole her wallet and didn't even know. She walked in today and said, holding my wallet. Listen, because I would probably passed it. That's what I think she did. First of all, we were a little that had one edible each.
Speaker 11: Oh, so that's when she starts the.
Speaker 12: Thing we had.
Speaker 3: She started sticking, and then I think she got nervous because I rose the car. She's like, I can't even do anything right.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 8: What I think happens is I think that Angela said, hey, I don't want to bring my my wallet.
Speaker 1: Put this in your really make that up. I didn't say that. I think because you do that sometimes you say hey, and then I put it in my stuff.
Speaker 11: The fact that your hope was lit and y'all, I don't even know what happened. Y'all blacked out.
Speaker 3: I went to the supermarket. I said, Jasmine, I'm gonna just bring cash. I'm not even bringing my car.
Speaker 1: You did not bring cash because I had it. I wasn't buying much. I was only buying a couple of things.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: The other thing that happened, Jasmine received a butt doll. I did, and the person left a message. Now you know when you get a voicemail that's like three minutes long, and you like, okay, hold that we get some information to get some today, see what happened, jas So I.
Speaker 8: Listened to the voice. It was it was really low so I could hear him. I could hear the man and I could hear a woman, but I couldn't really understand what they were saying.
Speaker 1: Were they moaning, No, they were not moaning. I know you have you've moaned.
Speaker 8: Almost Angela, Angela, I almost sent you the audio so that you could try to decipher what it is.
Speaker 1: You know, we would it right in here.
Speaker 8: Elevated the Yeah, that's what and the person, the guy was like take it to the station and had them pulled out.
Speaker 1: He was talking about work stuff.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was wang literally minute. I did. Let you hear some of my butt I don't okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Literally with his duty, my god. We want to hear from you guys. Have you ever gotten a butt out from somebody and found something out? Because it happened to me. My ex boyfriend called me and I heard him with another woman right talking, and then I called them.
Speaker 1: He didn't answer.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you all about it when we come back. But we want to hear your stories also. Eight hundred ninety two fifty one fifty. We want to hear about your butt dolls. I know y'all done got in some trouble. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 2: Yup with Angela, let's go.
Speaker 4: You are a media may man, right, you never know what AND's gonna say?
Speaker 1: Yes, way up with Angela.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, Mano's here, no man right, Jasmine brand is here.
Speaker 8: I'm we're talking about butt diling. Jasmine, you got a butt dow. I did have a butt dow and I was very excited to listen and I did it.
Speaker 1: When you see that three minute voice, man, somebody made a mistake. To my heart started being fast.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, well, then you hear a woman talking in the background. My goodness, but it turned out to be nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was so he says, now, mano, has anyone ever butt out you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, And and I heard some things. I wasn't listening, like, I said.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, nice, see what listen for hours?
Speaker 11: My my, my, my, my stuff is probably worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's terrible.
Speaker 11: Pause. I sent out wrong text. I called by mistake, what is wrong?
Speaker 1: You're very careless. You're very careless. You got to tighten up.
Speaker 11: When when I when I find somebody that you love me?
Speaker 3: Well, my ex actually butt out me by accident. And I heard him talking to a woman. So I hung up and called him back and he answered, and I said where are you And he was like, oh, I'm at such and such his house a guy. And I said, let me talk to him. And he was like, he went to the store, you know what. And I was like, well, you just got me and I heard you talking to a woman and he was like, there's nobody. Oh that's his sister.
Speaker 11: So I was together when this happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were together, boyfriend. I was in the car listening and yeah, bright handed, we weren't together.
Speaker 1: Long after them.
Speaker 3: But we want to hear your butt dow stories. Vanessa, tell us your butt dow story.
Speaker 5: My kids. I was with him for fifteen years.
Speaker 13: I'm still at the house, he called me. But now for forty five minutes, I listened to the conversation.
Speaker 12: He's telling them that he was the army, this daddy another.
Speaker 13: They going to the movies. They he gonna say that she was smelling like weed. He was smelling like weed. Oh, no minute, I said, Oh, so I shung up. After forty five minutes, called back and he after the phone. Hey baby, how you doing? I said, what movie you going to?
Speaker 5: He said?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 13: I said, I stood on the phone for forty five minutes and listened to your conversation. I said, me and your son on your way to the movie too. Oh but I was so glad I got in on this topic. It was so funny. Yeah, but do me listening to it for forty five minutes.
Speaker 11: You are really really yeah.
Speaker 1: For you, Thank you, Vanessa.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we're not the only crazy ones. Jasmine, thank you, Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sony, Angel, were up? Has anybody ever butt out you?
Speaker 14: So? I've been down before, but this story about me but dialing my father. I was in the car and I was his boyfriend at this time, and my dad heard it all. He heard me tell him think you were attractive, I wouldn't be sucking York, you know what? And if I didn't really embarrassing them. My dad called me back and replay it for me.
Speaker 1: Dad, like, Dad, you know that wasn't for you.
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, thank you for coming. I'm sorry Sony to hear that. That is awful.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, you too, Hey, Drew, Hey, what's your butt down? Story?
Speaker 7: So my girl she went out of town for business, and so we have another conversation. She told me she was going to sleep and everything later out here a knock on the door two minutes later.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he was giving it to her. How long did you listen to her having sex? Somebody else?
Speaker 2: I heard in the morning.
Speaker 11: I already knew what time it was, so I hung up.
Speaker 1: So how did you confront her about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like role asley. I ain't even let her come upstairs and pack of stuff. I packed it for when she got back to the left.
Speaker 1: To the left, did she used to scream.
Speaker 12: Like that with you? Oh?
Speaker 2: It was way more with intense with us.
Speaker 3: But it was just like, you know, I was like, you bull, all right, but thank you for calling and sharing some horrible moments with her breaking yo, Yeah that's.
Speaker 13: You. All right.
Speaker 1: Imagine hearing the one you love just moaning for somebody else.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you guys for calling, and Jasmine glad that you're a about a job situation.
Speaker 1: Wasn't too bad. I was like, oh my god, I'd have been done. I would yeah, I could imagine I would have got that call.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, let's talk about Diddy and all of these new allegations. What people are saying. I'm hearing about three different potential sex tapes. All right, it's way up.
Speaker 4: Sure, she's about to blow the lid ab off this pot let's get it.
Speaker 2: Angelus billing that ye te come and get your tea.
Speaker 3: A lot to unpack here, it's way up. I'm here, Mano's here, Jasmine brand is here.
Speaker 1: I'm not just any brand on my own brand. All right. Well, let's start off with some Diddy news.
Speaker 3: Diddy is about to have the key to Miami Beach rescinded in the wake of all of these things. You know, they already returned the key to the City for New York after Mayor Eric Adams requested it back. So now that's the next thing. I'm sure you don't care about no key to no city right now.
Speaker 1: We don't care either, I don't think. All right, well, here's something you may care about now.
Speaker 3: According to The New York Post, there's allegedly a ditty tape that shows him having sex with a younger male A List celebrity. Now, this alleged sex tape features him, and it's being shopped around the media outlets. This according to The New York Post, this horrified A List star is bracing himself for the video footage to be published and it's triggering. An individual who is a member of the Celebrities in a Circle told The New York Post, it feels like a betrayal and a violation, and it's causing a lot of issue. It brings up some really disturbing and bad memories and says both of their faces are clearly visible in the footage, according to The New York Post, and they do not release the identity. I guess yeah, of the A List star yet, but it's a total nightmare and inside it, told The New York Post, he feels like he was victimized years ago and is now being victimized yet again. If this footage gets out, it will follow him for life. It will be on the internet.
Speaker 11: Forever, speculating who Everybody's.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out.
Speaker 12: Who it is.
Speaker 11: They're gonna have to make me believe it though, like will have to come out from me well.
Speaker 3: New York Post has reported that several members of the media told them that they have been given the opportunity to purchase the over the past few weeks, but ultimately turned it down because of legal challenges that would involve authenticating the footage and concerns over whether the celebrity was underage at the time the video was filmed. An attorney, Arial Mitchell Kid, who has been hired by several of the Combs accusers, recently told News Nation that she did see stills of the alleged sex tape, but did not view the footage in its entirety, and also said the celebrity featured in the video in question is currently more high profile than Combs. She said, I can verify the video exists, that it's real, and that the other person in the video is very visible. There's no question if it's that person in the video.
Speaker 8: They're they're more excuse me, they're more higher profile than than puff.
Speaker 15: That's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 11: News from last week. I saw that. I saw what she went on the news what said this.
Speaker 3: She's also representing another person, she said, who says that did he spiked the looperkint that he would use And here's what she here's what the attorney arial Mitchell Kid said.
Speaker 15: In the suit, mister Holmes is threatening her with a knife and makes her take off her clothes and then he takes uh what she believes is some type of liquid substance and he squirts it at her, some type of lubricant or oil. After she was covered in this oil, that's when the attack began with mister Colmb's and then the friend. But she said, over the course of this her body got more and more limp.
Speaker 1: That's so powerful oil.
Speaker 3: So it spiked with something something with the allegations are right, chemistry and it goes into pause and it kind of maybe some type of numbing cream numbing creams. Yeah, it definitely does sause. When you go and get your hair all the time, right, So who knows, But I'm just telling you what the allegations are and what's being said.
Speaker 1: We all right now.
Speaker 3: Another person who's talking is attorney Tony Buzzby, the Houston area attorney, and he's saying that high level celebrities are being sued for helping Diddy carry out and cover up sexual assaults, and some of these celebrities are choosing to pay a lot of money to victims to avoid being named in a public lawsuit. So he said, that's really the goal in every single case, especially cases like this, it's in the best interest of the victim. We attempt to resolve these matters without the filing of a public lawsuit. And we've done that already with a handful of individuals, many of which you've heard before.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, when we come back.
Speaker 3: We have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar. People in the studio are already ordering this Diesel fenty collaboration, as in Dan our producer.
Speaker 1: But here is Rihanna, pour it up. It's way up the news.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 4: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 3: All right, this way up with Angela Yee, I'm here, Mano's here, Yeah, Jasmine Brand is here.
Speaker 7: Brand.
Speaker 3: It's a letter argument going on behind your bu this morning. But let's get into some under the radar stories. Donald Trump, he was supposed to do this sixty minutes interview special with Vice President Kamala Harris, but he decided not to do what. He canceled the sit down last week, and according to reports, he's given several different reasons. They said he backed out a week ago. First, they said because they would fact check the interview. He didn't want it to be fact checked, and they said, we fact check every story. Later they said that Trump needed an apology for his interview in twenty twenty. Then they said that, you know, he just declined also a second debate as well, So he's not doing a second debate with Kamala Harris. And the Monday night specially might have been the largest audience for the candidates between now an election day, all these questions about the economy, immigration, reproductive rights wars in Middle East and Europe. They knew that this special would go ahead if either candidate backed out, and so it's going to be without Trump.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, that's fine. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So what I'm saying, listen, I'm not coming with facts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not doing that. I don't understand. What's the problem with being fact checked?
Speaker 12: They say all this. You know what?
Speaker 11: The problem is not coming with facts, it's coming with whatever you want.
Speaker 1: To say anything he does say anything? All right.
Speaker 3: Now, the price of a Mega Million's ticket is going to more than double next year. They're overhauling this whole lottery game. Starting in April of twenty twenty five, tickets are going to go from two dollars to five dollars. They announced this yesterday for the Mega Millions. It's the second price adjustment since the lottery game launched in two thousand and two. They said there'll be no more break even prizes, so if you win, there'll you'll always win more than the cost of the tickets.
Speaker 8: Well duh, but see if we're all paying five dollars now, I feel like they need to increase the overall prize.
Speaker 3: Well, they said it will be and it's also going to happen a lot quicker too, so it's going to be more exciting for those reasons.
Speaker 1: So the three of us should play play what pauls I thought you didn't want to play that anymore.
Speaker 11: I'm done with that man, all right.
Speaker 3: And Hurricane Milton. We're watching everything that's happening with Hurricane Milton. It's a Category four storm. It was ungraded from a dangerous Category five storm overnight, but it's still a very.
Speaker 1: Powerful Category four hurricane.
Speaker 3: And they're saying that it's going to be hitting the Florida Gulf Coast, which is still by the way damage from Helene's record breaking landfall just over a week ago. So fifty one counties in Florida are under a state of emergency and millions are facing the prospect of evacuation. It's supposed to make landfall Wednesday evening in the Tampa area, so our prayers out to everybody there. They're saying, this is the worst storm potentially to hit Tampa in over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: If it remains on its current path, it's terrible. It's so late in the year.
Speaker 11: Off a lot of people out in Tampa too.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that is your under the radar now, you know. We have the way up mix at the top of the Hour, plus Chef JJ is joining us. We went to go eat at Field Trip yesterday. That's his restaurants, and we have the Wine and Food Festival in New York City coming up October twentieth is his cookout events.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all of that. It's way up, just like the tout like they, a Jeal Jean like they and Julie jan.
Speaker 2: Man, she's spilling it all.
Speaker 3: This is yeat, way off, all right, it's way up with Angela Yee, I'm here, Mano's here, Yeah, Jasmine brand is here.
Speaker 11: I'm not rush from a cigarette, brig brig cigarette break.
Speaker 1: Why would you be smoking a cigarette? Don't smoke cigarettes?
Speaker 11: Well, why would you come here?
Speaker 12: Smell?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, and it's better than what you smell.
Speaker 7: Line.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get into some yeat.
Speaker 3: Deon Sanders is going to be hosting a two B talk show with Roxy Daz. It's called We Got Time to Dang. Okay, all right, so I saw Roxy posted it. But it's gonna run for twenty episodes each and hour in length, and it'll come out on Tuesdays. So congratulations to both of them.
Speaker 8: Oh whoy, it looks like Jesse Collins Entertainment is producing it. Yes, indeed, cool, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: I'm also shout out to Banga Aquina Bay and it just Elba. They're gonna be in Catherine Bigelow's new Netflix film. It's an untitled thriller, but they're saying that it does take place at the White House as a national crisis unfold.
Speaker 1: So that's all we know so far. Okay, all right, so congratulation all these new things.
Speaker 3: Now, TikTok is being sued by fourteen states over the alleged harm to children's mental health. That's fourteen attorney generals from across the country filing lawsuits today, saying the platform has addicted young people and harm their mental health, including things like the constant scrolling feed of content, also challenge videos that sometimes has users engage in risky behavior, and late night push notifications that they say can disrupt kids sleep.
Speaker 1: It disrupts my sleep and I'm not a kid.
Speaker 3: That's a fact, all right. Asap, Rocky, he is on the cover of w magazine. And guess who did the photos. Oh Rihanna was the photographer for all of this, and it's at Mercer Hotel in New York and you know, he has his mercer and prints whiskey that we drink all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had it yesterday.
Speaker 3: So there's some details on how they met back in twenty twelve. State friends. Didn't start their relationship until seven years later, and most recently he's been working on his latest album, Don't Be Dumb. This is the Rihanna's first time as a photographer, so she's shooting him for this magazine.
Speaker 1: So you can see. They're cute interactions and they read the whole article. Yeah, how power the images? Images look good. Yeah, and it's a lot of them.
Speaker 11: Okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because they have both of these things happening simultaneously, Like Lehanna launched her Diesel Fenti collab and then now here's Asam Rocky on the cover of W magazine on the same day.
Speaker 1: So this just came out. Whose album you think it will come out first?
Speaker 13: His?
Speaker 1: He's working on it and given more detail than she has been now.
Speaker 3: He said that he knew Rihanna was the right person to be the mother of his children from when he was younger.
Speaker 1: He said, we both did. It was only right when we got older.
Speaker 3: We just kind of reconnected that happened around twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. And then he also said, right as far as the kids, Riot's an extrovert.
Speaker 1: He's just like his mom.
Speaker 3: Risa is more so like his dad, like me, and he's my twin. He got his mom's forehead, but he got everything else from me. But he said, I love my boy's big forehead. And then he also referenced how he loves the mom's forehead and he talked about this on jukebox joints.
Speaker 9: Then the pretty big forehead.
Speaker 11: Je listen close, I got some issues to tell the gift for Milka.
Speaker 1: It's not just minels just stiff so much.
Speaker 2: Didn't it tell you?
Speaker 9: Dinnis Zelious from Australia trips to Venezuela, send.
Speaker 11: The thrillas my own brother for different weather. He ages playing like that's take him.
Speaker 1: Tell you that's from twenty fifteen, so he'd been wow from Australia.
Speaker 8: Excuse but more important right there, More importantly, more importantly, I need to embrace my big four head like Rihanna embraces heart.
Speaker 1: He loves a big four. I like to cover my big for it, you do. I don't know why let her fly. Yeah, I'm self, let it fly. I'll try to cover it fi.
Speaker 3: I'm also in this article, he said he's been thinking about his dad when he saw his kids in Barbados. So you know, his dad was from Barbados, but he passed away in twenty twelve. And so he said he didn't visit his dad's hometown as a kid, but always heard about it and wanted to go. So now look at this beautiful it's a beautiful moment. All right, Well, that is your u T And when we come back, we have asked Yee. Eight hundred and two ninety fifty one fifty is a number. Call us up anything you want to ask us. We're here to help you out here some sizza with snooze.
Speaker 1: It's well up with.
Speaker 4: It's relationship with Korea advice, Angela's dropping facts Sho.
Speaker 2: You should know.
Speaker 1: This is ask ye what's up? His way up at Angela?
Speaker 3: Yee, I'm here, Jasmine Brand is here, Yes, Maino's here right, and it's time for ask Yee.
Speaker 1: And we have Alexis on the line. What's up? Alexis?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 14: How are you well?
Speaker 1: It's kind of code over here, but it's Okay, where you at? I'm in Atlanta. It's like a little chili. Okay, So what's your question today? For ask ye?
Speaker 13: My question is.
Speaker 17: I'm going to homecoming in two weeks in my ex I think.
Speaker 1: He's going to show up. Do you think he's gonna speak to me?
Speaker 17: And we've been in no concept for like two years?
Speaker 1: So y'all went to the same school we'll school.
Speaker 17: Too, Yes, yeah, we're like college sweethearts.
Speaker 11: Okay, so you still like him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 17: Because I moved on, but he's now watching my stories.
Speaker 1: But you have a girlfriend, So.
Speaker 11: What school?
Speaker 1: Can you tell us? What school?
Speaker 11: Clark Clark, Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Okay? You know atta?
Speaker 11: Do you want him to speak?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 17: Because I think he's a coward. But I feel like I feel like, why are you watching my story? Or why are you watching my bees?
Speaker 13: Or why are you trying to figure.
Speaker 17: Out what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: Why am I doing going on my LinkedIn page? And I see you wore my profile?
Speaker 3: Just man up and be direct say something to me saying, yeah, he's still in love with you.
Speaker 1: How long have y'all been broken up?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty two?
Speaker 7: Do you like him?
Speaker 1: Because it doesn't matter what he wants?
Speaker 11: Sound like you still want him to me.
Speaker 17: I wouldn't say that I'm still move on. And then if you think about it, looking back, he's still in the same position where I left.
Speaker 9: Him, all right, but it sounds like that moved on ain't moving enough for you because the way you talking, how are you giving like you're still into it?
Speaker 1: How was the sex good? That that's anybody is.
Speaker 17: I would have said, have a man, but dating, Oh, you're.
Speaker 3: Single, Okay, here's my whole thing. You've glowed up right even more he has not. And you know what homecomings for when you're in a good position to go and stunt on everybody, to go out there and stunt on your ex man. Let him see what he's missing out on and be glad you're not his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Now, and don't don't block him so he need to see the beautiful life.
Speaker 11: Is your new man gonna be there.
Speaker 1: She's not dealing with someone, they're not in a relationship. That's a good question.
Speaker 11: Is he gonna be.
Speaker 13: About homecoming?
Speaker 1: But he doesn't really need to go.
Speaker 2: He didn't say he asked.
Speaker 1: He's like, you want me to go with you? You don't want to be bringing him with your stay home.
Speaker 17: I've been in a relationship all in college.
Speaker 1: This is my first time.
Speaker 3: Have a good time and listen, don't be distracted by him. Just go have a good time with your friends. Okay, he's a mess, that's why y'all not together. Tell him he got to motivate if you want to elevate to get with you. I'm right, all right, Alexis Harriet. Have fun at homecoming, but not too much fun homecoming.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And remember, if you do still like him, because it feels like you do, make him work for it. I got to prove a lot. Ain't go live Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not moving backwards, we're moving forward, all right. Well that was ask ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one to fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still call and leave a message and we'll get your call that way and answer your question. And when we come back, Oh my gosh, this is like a reunion. Chef JJ is going to be joining us. The cookout for the Wine and Food Festival is coming up October twentieth.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 3: Plus he's been expanding his restaurant field trip and now the International Baby is way up.
Speaker 2: This is way up with Angela. Let's go.
Speaker 1: You are a media maven, right, you never know what and is going to say what's up? His way up with Angela?
Speaker 2: Yee.
Speaker 1: And my guy is here, Chef JJ is here.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: It's always good to see No, it's always good to see you.
Speaker 1: And you've had an incredible year.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I saw you opened up field trip at the Atlantis and the Bahamas.
Speaker 6: We need you to come down.
Speaker 1: I love the Atlantis.
Speaker 6: That's my first big licensee deal in the business structure.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you.
Speaker 3: So my great Atlantis story is when I used to work for eminem one of the women that works there, it was her birthday and so Paul Rosenberg calls me. He's like, listen, we're sending Tracy to this hotel in the Bahamas for her birthday. It's a birthday gift. I was like, okay, that's so nice. He was like, but we can't send her alone.
Speaker 1: So do you want to go?
Speaker 3: And I was like absolutely, But I didn't have any money right because I was younger, I was broker, and so I ended up winning money.
Speaker 1: In the casino there.
Speaker 3: So it's always going to have twenty four hundred dollars in the slots in like less than five minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you were good for the rest of the trup.
Speaker 3: So the rest of the ship I was paying well, I took it to Nobu. I was paying for every thing that But that was such a blessing and that's what I'm always like. So I'm so happy that you opened at the Atlantis because I would definitely be there to check it out.
Speaker 10: No, we would love to have you. Field Trip is there. It is, you know, very something consciously healthy, better for people that are looking.
Speaker 6: For good food.
Speaker 3: Right now, I am getting ready for the New York City Wine and Food Festival and talking to Jeff jj the creator of the cookout. Quality control is important and for you having started Field Trip, so is it now people can license that out and open other locations.
Speaker 6: Is people can license it out, which is very different than a franchise.
Speaker 1: Explain that to me.
Speaker 10: So anytime you go to like a big hotel, you know you see restaurants there. Let's use Vegas as an example. Most restaurants in Vegas are licensee deal the hotel. SE's avoid They're looking for the best in class to fill a space. I use Bobby Flay's example because he has so many restaurants in Vegas.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 10: He has a concept that they either love of the street side that they're bringing inside the hotel, or they love you as a chef or a person that you develop something with them. You're licensing out intellectual property, so your licening's out, your name, anything else that falls underneath you, your recipes, maybe your brand colors, everything else, and you're giving them the right to operate it, and you work out a percentage on top line sales. Okay, it is similar to a franchise e model, but when you hand over the franchise ee, they're running it and you have to really trust that person. I'm not the lover of the franchise e model, yet people call me all the time from all over the country. They want a franchise filter. It makes sense, Ohio, you know all these places. But you got to be really ready to let go.
Speaker 3: Because the control that you have, because imagine you go to a field trip in Houston and now Keith Lee shows up, right, and then everyone's the whole name of the brand. Because things like that can happen, right, somebody has a bad experience and the next thing, you know, everybody's giving you bad reviews, bad reviews.
Speaker 1: You have to really be careful, like who works?
Speaker 11: You got to be really careful.
Speaker 10: Yeah, make me laugh about the Keith Lee thing, but because you know, I really want to keep to pull up when he was in when he was in New York City, I hit him like, yeah, you know how to pull up to filter, but like, let me help you out right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think that was one thing that people were like, who is suggesting like this for you to go to?
Speaker 6: And like New York is in Mecca, so you gotta hit the hide to loan the medium.
Speaker 1: Where would you have told him to go?
Speaker 6: I would have told him to hit some some different spots. Some of the best chefs are in New York. Yeah, absolutely, So why wouldn't you pull up to Laberna Dunn?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 6: First of all, Eric repair would have not known who he was.
Speaker 1: Which is what he wants. Lets people who don't know who you.
Speaker 10: Are, they wouldn't have cared, and they would have gave him the best service. I think like also leaning into some of that as well would have been cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Chef JJ is here, we have more with him when we come back. It's way up.
Speaker 12: You want to know my name?
Speaker 2: Way up with turn me on.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: His way up at Angela Yee and I'm talking to my guy, the founder of field Trip. Chef JJ is here and now we also, by the way, are doing the Wine and Food Festival. You're the one that put me onto this, so I love this too because we've done the Miami WINEU Food Festival, the New York City Wine and Food Festival, the cookout and this is really your cur rated event. So let's talk about this because I'm excited. It's in Brooklyn for the first time ever, so not only is that easier for me, but I just love the idea of having these events in Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: We're going to be highlighting so many people.
Speaker 10: But the cookout is to celebrate Black excellence around food and now music.
Speaker 3: Anybody who is planning to come out, make sure you say no diet for this particular day.
Speaker 6: Pull up hungry.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I think you should get the early bird ticket because that will allow you to hit everybody before all the people come in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was amazing, And like you said, it's not just the food, is also the drinks. Bacardi is yeah, but Cardi's presenting and when I tell you, okay, I got there early.
Speaker 1: I see was there last year? We had a time. We did have a time.
Speaker 12: Was there?
Speaker 5: Was there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 11: It was a good time.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to this year that we got freeway. Rev's going to be there.
Speaker 3: You're going to be there, yes, And the music's fun, the food is amazing. It's in Brooklyn, two amazing DJs and more people to come. Let's all come out and celebrate, okay at the New York City Wine and Food Festival, because we are going to definitely toast to you when we get out there, just for you curating this event, for always paying it forward, always making sure other people are involved, and being authentic.
Speaker 1: And cook has some really great food.
Speaker 6: I'm doing jerk lamb ribs.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't eat lamb.
Speaker 14: Come on it.
Speaker 1: I know I'm doing it.
Speaker 6: What about I'm doing some black rice.
Speaker 1: I can do that.
Speaker 3: I love black rice. That's my favorite type of rice, black rice. I know you don't like salmon, right, I don't like it. What else don't you like?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 6: I only just don't like salmon. There's not many things I don't like. The other things I don't like are like inerts.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like the picky seated. Why don't you like salmon?
Speaker 6: It's too fishy, It's way too fishy.
Speaker 10: And also salmon is so farm raised right now that a lot of salmon that we're consuming isn't.
Speaker 11: Good for us.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that's everyone's go to.
Speaker 6: I would prefer artic char or brook trout or fluke or haddock.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well you heard it from him first. All right, well listen again. That is going to be happening October twentieth. It's in Brooklyn. Where can people get tickets for the New York City Wine and Food Festival for the cookout specific go.
Speaker 6: To my go to chef jj on on social media click the link in the bio. I'll take you right there. Or go to New York City Food and Wine Festival dot com. You get the tickets right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll be there. Guys can't wait for it. Thank you so much, Chef JJ. You ain't bring food this time, but we forgive you.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm so sorry.
Speaker 12: I thought about it.
Speaker 6: I said no, told Daniel. Daniel's like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: They be hating on me up here. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I was gonna bring your bank side this time.
Speaker 1: Okay, we like that.
Speaker 6: Here next time for lunch.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you, thank you for everything that you've been doing so innovative. Congratulations on it all. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel, Way Up with You, And when we come back, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 1: Come pick up the phone.
Speaker 2: To get your voice heard. What the word is here is the last word on Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 3: Ye, what's up his Way Up with Angela? Yee, I'm here, Jasmine brand is here, yep, Mano's here. It felt like chaos in here today and we're all sober, so I don't understand it's crazy. But again, I'm just happy that I found my wallet because I'm headed out to North Carolina today. So, Jasmine, you stole my wallet. I couldn't find it. I was looking everywhere. But thank goodness you didn't steal my Spike Valentino buttery Matt lip color, because that would have been war.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: This has the magnetic opening clothes so that I can't lose the top, and it's a full studed aluminum packaging.
Speaker 1: So it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's like a piece of artwork in your purse, or should I say in my purse so you can stop stealing.
Speaker 1: I like it's really I like the case and I'm gonna get you some.
Speaker 3: It comes to some vibrant nudes and some mood boosting colors, and I think the pink would look nice on you or nude or nude, you know you like being nude?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well again, thank you to Chef JJ for joining us, for getting ready for the cookout at the New York City Wine and Food Festival.
Speaker 1: Maya.
Speaker 3: How you feeling, I'm feel good? Where you Going's tell with you? We know I don't know how he does it, but anyway, this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 12: I was at work one day he told me that the night before that she had got robbed, that was in the hospital. The next day, I'm calling and trying to get in touch with her, couldn't reach her, and she buttoned out me, probably off of a miscall. She was laughing, joking, telling dude, stop, why you always want to hit on me? And this is said, and who's the woman?
Speaker 7: Whoop?
Speaker 12: But you know I hang up called back. She answered, I'm like, what's up, what's going on? I thought she was at the hospital and this who is this dude? I'm here in the background and he hitting on you and this is se Net booms. She hung up on me.
Speaker 16: I want to shine a light on my five children, especially my oldest son Ladarius. He is a big inspiration in my life. He motivates me to keep pushing when honestly, all of my kids keep me going, keep me motivated. So I want to shine a light on my sign Ladarius, Ariana, Todavion, Jermaine and Monteja
Speaker 2: Going way out with Angela Yee