Speaker 1: M HM.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt.
Speaker 3: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboy. It bit so on Friday, there as much to talk about.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys don't have a chance of This is Philadelphia and you look at the injury report. It's time to get fired up for some football against Philly. It is a fabulous fight song Friday here on Mixed Shots inside the SWBC podcast studio. Mickey's got his fighting shirt on, his Missoo Tiger shirt. We don't have Everson Walls today. He told us yesterday that he had another assignment today. He's had a luncheon, so he can't be on the show today.
Speaker 4: And I have not seen his picks yet. Have you seen his picks? No, he has not texted.
Speaker 5: Okay, someone needs to put out an alert to Everson at this luncheon as he's listening. I don't know if he's the keynote speaker at the luncheon or say what it was for I can't remember what he said, but we beat his picks, all right, and till rainy day here in Frisco. So what normally we see on a Friday, a walk through Friday our football players on a football field.
Speaker 4: Going will walk through. But it's indoors today and probably indoors tomorrow, I would imagine. I haven't looked at the weather forecast for the right. I think it was supposed to be rainy, right, Okay, although I thought I saw the sun peeking through. Okay, Well, a good sign. There's a sun please speaking in Frisco, all right. And it's a big game for the Cowboys if they're going to turn this thing around, and they've got to do it with Cooper Rush at quarterback. And he's of course five and one in his career. When four and.
Speaker 5: One in one season, now that that lone loss was against Philadelphia, but never mind that. And then the other big question we're facing today is when the injury report comes out this afternoon, who is going to be questionable, who's going to be ruled out, and who is who has a chance to play On Sunday at three twenty.
Speaker 6: Five, I'm going to give you a guess yep, let's go for it.
Speaker 7: What you want.
Speaker 6: Chance they're out?
Speaker 4: I want both. Run down the list here of the guys that we already know summer out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Doran Bland's out.
Speaker 4: Right, Brandon Cooks has been on injured reserve, so he yeah, he's not even on this since he's still on IR, so he's not beginning to get back even though he would have been eligible this week. Right, Dak Prescott's out, Juan Ye Thomas out, Nick Vigil Well, he's been putting up with this foot every week. He hasn't practiced yet. At best, he's questionable. Maybe they list him as doubtful. I think the one that's maybe somewhat questionable would be Zach Martin with the shoulder. He hadn't practiced yet this week. Normally it says shoulder slash rest. It just says shoulders.
Speaker 5: He says shoulder, And it's usually a D and P on a Wednesday, but a limited on a Thursday. Right, he showed up D and P on Thursday. That makes you wonder, all right they playing, By the way, whoever is playing guard for the Cowboys right guard? In this case with Zach Martin, you have your hands full as you saw Will mcclay's telestrator sentment for the Coaches Show yesterday that Jalen Carter is quite a handful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: You would have to somewhat double team him, right.
Speaker 7: TJ.
Speaker 4: Bass would be the guy that would take over there. So I don't know if they're just trying to get Zach to Sunday and not let him do anything all week and then say, Okay, go play. Somebody asked me about that, what if he doesn't practice? I said, I'll take Zach Martin out there not practicing one snap over whoever else they got to put out there, unless he's just so injured that he's absolutely not effective.
Speaker 5: And this is at least a month now where Zach Martin has been battling one thing or another, whether it's the back that sometimes flares up on him, which was a month ago before the Detroit game, or in this case it's now for several weeks this shoulder.
Speaker 6: Do you think people like pay attention to that stuff.
Speaker 4: No, they just in general people just say, oh, he's.
Speaker 6: Playing awful, it's worst season.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Usually keep and they keep asking the question.
Speaker 4: They asked it to Schottenheimer, they asked it to McCarthy just watch or listen or read. But all they do is look at the results and Okay, he missed the block. Well, we never see him miss a block. So now this is his worst season.
Speaker 5: And usually when a whether it's Zach Martin or you name the player, if it's a perennial Pro Bowl player who is not playing up to the same level that he has set throughout his career, usually there's something going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean, he's on the he's been on the injury report. I don't know how many several weeks in a row now, So yeah, he's he's probably doing the best he can out there.
Speaker 5: So on Dak, are you anticipating that Dak gets placed on I R by Saturday?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: There's no hurry to put him on I R.
Speaker 4: The only reason would be if there was another roster move that you wanted to make that like to save some roster spot whatever, Right.
Speaker 6: But whoever they bring in, they're gonna be in.
Speaker 7: Look here, Spot.
Speaker 4: And Frisco.
Speaker 6: It must be Radar.
Speaker 4: He just he just got zoomed in that we were one man short. Uh huh, Nate and Nate and Frisco has shown up here as soon as he hears that, ever since is on assignment. Here comes Nate a running yea.
Speaker 7: And so much yes, yes, so As.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, whoever they would put on the roster is going to be an active, So it really doesn't matter if Dak's inactive or the guy they bring in as an active. They can just kind of prolong that until they decide what route they're going to take or rehab, rest or surgery.
Speaker 7: And you're talking about can that comment.
Speaker 6: Yes, you have any history with that type of injury.
Speaker 8: No, I don't, I don't. The thing is, Fellas is that's not you're wasting time.
Speaker 4: It's not germane to the situation. Whatever that means.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what means that's the Oh you think that's not a fam you think French? Yeah, Dak it's hurt badly, whether it's a partial a full, he has hurt badly, and for him to be able to come back in a reasonable time to help this team, it's not going to happen. And maybe y'all was talking about something totally different, but that's just my take. That's not going to happen. So Cooper Rush is our guy. He gives us the best chance to win. Let's let's ride him. Let's see what he can do. We know what he can do, but situations was different. We had more continuity and a little bit better playing on our offensive line than last time he was ran out there. It's a little bit different this time. So, but Dak is not coming back anytime soon.
Speaker 5: I think what I hear from the medical experts out there, it sounds like the best case scenario.
Speaker 4: Might be six weeks. And so that means that the next.
Speaker 7: Six weeks we've got to be six and oh.
Speaker 4: Well, the team has to, Yes, it has to make it worthwhile for Dak to come back, even if it is six weeks from now. Six and oh and it needs to be like Steve Berline.
Speaker 7: Okay, if we run it off.
Speaker 5: You want to take it back to nineteen ninety one. Remember what when Troy got hurts and Steve Berlin came in. And what did Steve Berlin do? He had had a nice season, five game five straight, five straight into the playoffs, the playoff went over Chicago, and then Detroit happened.
Speaker 7: You know, I love.
Speaker 8: Now it's coming from Nate and it may not sound like sound right, And what I'm beasaying, but I like the idea that we'll.
Speaker 7: Plan a lot of young guys.
Speaker 8: I love that idea, and it's too bad that we have not had success. But I said it a couple of weeks ago, and you guys showing I'm saying, and now I'm loving playing these young guys.
Speaker 7: It don't look nice, but.
Speaker 8: Sometime there in the near future, it'll get better, you know. Even coach McCarthy said it after a couple of games ago. It don't look nice right now, you know, but give it some time, it'll get better.
Speaker 4: And that's one of the reasons why you keep grinding, if you want these young guys to get experience and to understand what goes on in the National Football League.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean, and I will say this, if you're a fan, you do have a right to believe and to want your team to win. I'm not going to ever tell you what you should expect as a fan. I don't pay that note that you pay for these tickets, so when you all of that has to be taken into consideration. I just actually take that into consideration. But the right to want to win and to want to be the have this cowboyl mistique you keep doing that As a fan.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 6: Often wonder.
Speaker 4: Because I look at going to games or whatever as entertainment. Yes, I never looked at it as well, I'm only buying that ticket because I think my team can win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think most people probably think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the majority of the people do.
Speaker 8: You start out as a little kid as a fan, You get your you know certain players, and you may develop a certain love for a team, depending on what the family members, or the situation or the region that you're in.
Speaker 7: And but.
Speaker 8: When when when the reality of it hits and you have a lot of other options where you can put your money. Uh, that's why California does what it does. Certain states they have to be going in every year trying to be that monster every year because when you have other options, uh, to put your money in there, you want to feel like when you walk into that stadium you do.
Speaker 7: Have a chance to win.
Speaker 8: You you got to because it's too many other things out here in this world of entertainment that can take away that dollar.
Speaker 7: And so mister Jones.
Speaker 8: Has done a master for job, him and his crew of people and family of selling that mystique of the Dallas Cowboys. And they're going to continue to sell it. And now that our fans over the last seventy years have bought into it, they just breed more people like that.
Speaker 4: Well, I just think that you continue to support I got this shirt on today. Yes, they got no chance in hell of winning if their starting quarterback doesn't play on Saturday.
Speaker 7: Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: Now it watched Oklahoma this year. No, you haven't watched the backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: You haven't seed it offensive light until you've seen Oklahoma's offensive I know they were in the ballgame last or two weeks ago against Alabama, was six to nothing. Obama scored a touchdown right before half thirteen and nothing. Backup quarterback had to come in. And the next three series where interception interception. You want to hear about a touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, You want to hear a backup quarterback situation.
Speaker 6: I'll take it you have starters playing backup.
Speaker 4: But no, I'm trying to take you back to two years ago when know you played Texas, Dylan Gabriel got hurt the week before. They literally did not have a quarterback to play in the game. So they direct snap.
Speaker 6: No, they did not say not the whole game.
Speaker 4: When they did bring in a guy eventually, but the first series of the game, it was direct snaps, wildcat offense. They got beat forty nine to nothing that day.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm bracing for it.
Speaker 8: I understand about loyalty, and I look at the college game on It's just Nate. Look at the college game a little bit different than the pro game. You you have allegiance to that school because you attended that school. Blood switch's there's an investment.
Speaker 5: In that and sometimes it's your kids that yeah you've invested in thanks you, well, well even more in that school.
Speaker 8: But when you're talking about pro I mean all sports now, pro, high school, whatever. But when you're talking about when you wake up in the morning and you got two hundred and sixty dollars and you got it, you know it ain't no Missouri, It ain't no Oklahoma. My kids ain't there. You know, you got a choice to say, Mavericks, Rangers, Cowboys, Stars, Yeah, stars, So you got a choice there where you want to spend your professional dollars or who you want to be aligned to. Now, me as a cowboy fan, I grew up a cowboy fan all my license. I was ten eleven years old, So I choose the Cowboys, and so that's where my wife goes to all Cowboys games. That's the only ticket I'm paying for in that house. But what I expect from the Cowboys maybe different than what Mickey expects, what Bill expect. I expect this team to be competitive and stay competitive on a high level. But I do know from playing and seeing how you build a team that you're gonna have some bad years.
Speaker 7: Not no mediocre years.
Speaker 8: You're gonna have some bad years. What you got to do is try to find a way to curve that to not let this be a four and a five year project. You have to get this thing at two to two and a half. And I'll give you a perfect example. I think what Detroit did, it wasn't no one year turned around. Like some guys are already set up with the right athletes. I think Washington was already set in place. All they needed was a quarterback. So rams after that Super Bowl they was already in place. They needed a quarterback. Okay, so you have that success, but when your team gets a little older, like our team has gotten older, and you don't have enough young guys at high your picks and uh bringing in the right flavor at the time, you're gonna have this these years like this, but you got to go out and you got to show the people that you're going to be competitive and you're gonna try to play the right type of ball.
Speaker 6: Well, this team is an old day I know.
Speaker 8: I'm saying your key stud players, I'm talking about offensive line wise, Uh, they're not there for one.
Speaker 7: Reason, through experience through uh.
Speaker 8: At one point, our right guard can literally hold his team together. You know, Uh, what little defense we've had. It was through the markets and he could literally you know, will these guys to play? You don't have that. And you're right, we don't have an old team per se, you know. But the guys that were depending on older gentlemen.
Speaker 6: Well and hurt, Yeah, they're not there.
Speaker 4: This is not the team you thought they were going to start the season. Yes, but my point is you don't give up at three and five. No, I don't care what what you know for whatever reason.
Speaker 7: No, you don't.
Speaker 8: You don't, you know, And that's why I say, if you're very, very competitive and and you're you're and you're really in every game, then I'm telling fans the same thing you're saying, don't give up. If there's any hope. Get out there with your cheers. Whatever you do. How whatever you do, whether you you know you drink the game away or cheer the game away or eat the game away, do what you do?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Uh, interesting little developing story here that I'm just following on X and it has to do Nick Sirianni's press conference talking about Jalen Hurts and an injury that Jalen Hurts may be dealing with that's not on the injury.
Speaker 4: Report right now. Details on that coming up on mix Shots in a moment.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing.
Speaker 7: Don't worry.
Speaker 10: Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 7: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 7: It says less filling. That's not what my script says.
Speaker 6: Hell mindset.
Speaker 4: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers.
Speaker 7: Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great.
Speaker 2: I'm rashine legal guy, celebrate responsibilyl Walkey Wisconsin Beer Amty six thousands to be point two grams.
Speaker 3: Carbs for twelve bounces, Fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer demiced shuts.
Speaker 4: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth, from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit at T stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: All right, we continue on mixed shots and Nate Newton is in for the vacationing Everson Walls, who was on assignment today not vacation.
Speaker 8: He's being careful, you know, uh huh. We do the injury report, right, so.
Speaker 5: We'll have in just a moment Nick Sirianni from his press conference today, But something interesting has just been revealed about the Eagles quarterback Hurts.
Speaker 4: Mickey, you have the Eagles practice report in front of you. Do what does it say on that practice report in regards to Jalen Hurts. Jalen Hurts QB and I are slash rest n I R stands for not injury related And as a matter of fact, it says and this is weird limited on Wednesday and full on Thursday. Interesting. So if he's resting and apparently this is the limited rest, well, apparently.
Speaker 5: This is the first time this season that Jalen Hurts has been listed on the practice report as for a rest day, which led to a reporter asking Nick Sirianni at his press conference today that we're where is this load management? That why he's taking a rest day on Wednesday or what? And so then Nick Sirianni then answers a question. We'll play that for you when we have it here in just a moment. But it seems that he's accidentally Sirianni is accidentally revealed that there's some sort of ankle injury that Jalen Hurts may be dealing with, and he backtracked after being questioned about it and said, oh no, no, it was a resteday.
Speaker 4: So and the curious thing is, normally and I just happened to know this that the injury port the NFL wants the teams to have their injury poured out by four o'clock Eastern, So three o'clock here. The last couple days it's been Eagles hasn't come out to after four o'clock, long after, long after. I got it for you, Bill, Okay, well, let's go ahead and hear what Nick Sirianni said at his press conference.
Speaker 6: He haven't really seen Jon be held back for those before.
Speaker 4: What was behind that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he's dealing with it was on the injury report, dealing with that with the ankle, and uh, you know, just making sure we're precautious with everything.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry killing hurt.
Speaker 7: It was it was an ankle.
Speaker 1: What's that was the rest?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I thought you were talking about something else, all right, rest, he.
Speaker 4: Was talking about something else.
Speaker 7: So well, the funny thing is that.
Speaker 4: If you watch the video, he kind of looks up at the PR guy.
Speaker 7: Who's next Salon.
Speaker 4: That's how you say that he is.
Speaker 7: He's on there as rest.
Speaker 4: You hear the PR guy say rest right, hm hmm.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So why is that important?
Speaker 8: If you it used to be for gambling purposes, I don't know what is what is the purpose.
Speaker 6: Now it's also for gambling purposes.
Speaker 5: But but your opponent, if you know that he's hobbled a little bit. But I mean, especially for a quarterback who runs the football, that would be a reason why you would not want your opponent to know that he's dealing.
Speaker 4: With an ankle injury.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, maybe there's not as much running in the game plan for the Eagles this week if he's got an ankle injury.
Speaker 8: I think sometime when you dealing with AH, you think something that leaked out, you try.
Speaker 7: To ease it out there and move it around. You know.
Speaker 8: For that guy to question that the rest rest is rest, we don't have a question a We don't have a question of when coach say are rests?
Speaker 7: But he's got question of rest.
Speaker 4: You think maybe the reporter got guilt time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's dealing with something and so he's asking about the load management.
Speaker 4: That's a very good point. Why don't a stupid guy, Nathan Frisco Because normally when they put rest and then it's d n P, did not practice, right, Well, this one says rest limited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so how much it said dn P the first day?
Speaker 4: No, it says limited on Wednesday, yes, oh okay, and.
Speaker 6: Then it went to full.
Speaker 4: Mmm. So he fully rests on Thursday because it was rest and he says it was an ankle. But you understand is have you ever been into a I mean, come on, make you've been to an NFL practice? Yeah?
Speaker 6: How hard?
Speaker 7: Let's be honest with me. Are the quarterbacks running around like read?
Speaker 4: I mean like it's not like the hardest practice for the quarterback position?
Speaker 7: Would you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I's not like you're an offensive lineman and you have someone like, you know, physically like grabbing you. But my point is it says rest, it didn't say d n P. Now it's going to be interesting is when the practice report comes out today.
Speaker 5: For the Eagles if it says rest ankle, and then it'll be questionable.
Speaker 4: Mickey, you think that practice report You're gonna be waiting for it at three o'clock Dallas time. It ain't eight o'clock Dallas time before you get it.
Speaker 6: And I got stuff to do tonight.
Speaker 7: What's the punishment.
Speaker 4: There'll be a fine involve you could get fined. Yeah, so yeah, interesting to see.
Speaker 6: Hmm we uncovered something, Bill, what's behind enemy line?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Home team ain't live it up to expectations.
Speaker 7: You got some dirt. Wow?
Speaker 6: Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, we're gonna take an early break here now. I've got to leave early now if you two can, I got to live by twelve forty.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll carry on.
Speaker 4: You'll carry on. I don't have to. We don't have to take an early break.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 4: You know, I saw an interesting stat and it really doesn't really mean anything, but somebody figured out it pointed out that Sakwin Barkley has never won a game against the Cowboys, all with the Giants, and he's.
Speaker 6: Zero and ten.
Speaker 7: Wow, he's nice.
Speaker 6: Now what does that mean?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Because he was run for nine and thirty five yards or twenty five yards already.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't know why, I just won't give up. I just I just think if you put.
Speaker 8: Your pants on one day, it's gonna click.
Speaker 7: I just I don't know why. I just keep believing that.
Speaker 8: I just you know, people say, you know, nature crazy, and I guess that's just like I say, that's that being brought up a cowboy theory that you you know, you always got a change.
Speaker 7: It's because you're a cowboy. But uh, you know, you know it means something.
Speaker 8: Last week when we slowed the kid down for Atlanta, did it mean something? People saying we're playing a better offensive line this week. Look at the highlights from last week and hot you know, the magic that he created on the field. But I just think if you really really stop the run, and I'm gonna say this every weekend, it's gonna get old.
Speaker 7: It's gonna get old.
Speaker 8: But if you just concentrate of doing and stopping the run, it's gonna give you a better chance to win.
Speaker 5: And the Cowboys are thirtieth in the league and stopping the run, yes, season.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 8: When and when it's all said and done at the end of the day, that's what it's gonna boil down to.
Speaker 7: We give teams a two way go.
Speaker 5: And the Eagles are second in the league and running the ball on offense.
Speaker 8: Yes, but averaging about one hundred and seventy seventy four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the one hundred and seventy four. Yeah, so they're.
Speaker 4: Pretty cowboys, all right, seventy four. You know the thing about it, I would have given Nate this, okay, and you can take it for what it's worth.
Speaker 6: They're on a four.
Speaker 4: Game winning streak, right, yes, sir, They've beaten two and seven, two and seven, two and seven, and now four and six after last night.
Speaker 7: Right they they.
Speaker 8: We'll just find out way we are. Yeah, we'll just find out way the cowboys are. When I look at most teams, you know, I look at that hope. They haven't played anybody, you know, but they beat the people they should have and that's the key to like this, right, and they went and they whooped them in and there if you watch the film now this year here, it's been weird to me because I've seen teams physically dominate teams.
Speaker 7: But you look at the scoreboard and it don't reveal that.
Speaker 8: It's like, you know, like the first half of last night game, you just thought, no way in the world Cincinnati is gonna let them back in the Ravens back into that. But somehow, some way, a turnover and four straight scores after that, I mean a turnover. You were down by two scores and all of a sudden turnover and four straight scores and you couldn't hardly score. And then you turn around and got two quick scores. So anything can happen. And what I mean by that is Cincinnati does not have.
Speaker 7: A great record. They got a great quarterback, but they don't have a great record.
Speaker 8: They have a great wide receiver, but they don't have a great record.
Speaker 4: And yep, they lost by one point to Baltimore, which is a team that a lot of people think might be the best team going, although they've had the leading some eggs along the way. Now, I gotta say I didn't see the whole game. I was at the Stars game, but I did see parts. Was it interference at the end two point conversion?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was all over him, But I didn't take anything of it.
Speaker 8: I just it was kind of the thing and I didn't really notice it as bad as what.
Speaker 7: The announced as the announcement it got depicted.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so a lot of games I just look at as a as an ex prayer and I'd be like, okay, well this is lucky to draw, and you let it go. But then the announces just hammered and hammered, like they got to have a reason why the other team didn't win.
Speaker 5: I'm like when I when they lined up and then they called time out before the two, so they decided to go for two. And then I saw the Jamar Chase out wide left and I saw single coverage on him, and I said, they're going to Jamar Chase.
Speaker 7: And they went to do with the almost double coverage right?
Speaker 6: That was? What was that for the touchdown?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I didn't understand the coverage for Baltimore not Now. They put a guy that was on the edge who I thought was going to jump out and double Chase, but he didn't. And so maybe burrowbough the same thing that they were disguising things there.
Speaker 7: The thing about it is.
Speaker 8: The Cincinnati man, they they gotta be snake bitten because they can play they offensively, they can flat out play well.
Speaker 6: They did the same thing last year.
Speaker 4: They got off to a slow start, then they caught up and they ended up nine and eight.
Speaker 8: But this year, here, man, what are they now? What's the right that they're gonna have to make a run? I mean a serious, serious run, and it just you can't continue to play like that.
Speaker 7: And that's what I tell people.
Speaker 8: Being three and five, you know mathematically you're still in it, but the way you've been playing, you can't continue to play like that, right, You just can't continue to play like that. So holding on by the skinny and he took.
Speaker 6: I thought DA was taking some hits Burrows still.
Speaker 7: Man Burrow took like five six.
Speaker 6: That's been going on since he's gotten there.
Speaker 7: Yep. Yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 8: It's somehow somewhere. You got to get some line when to help this kid. You know, you don't have to. I mean, you the Bingles do what you do.
Speaker 4: You know, they drafted so they drafted one in the first round out of Georgia, and he couldn't start to start the season.
Speaker 7: He was hurt.
Speaker 4: And now he's in there at right tackle and learn and and he but he was hurt when he played at Georgia and he only had like six games in college, and so they knew what they were getting when they when they drafted him that he wasn't going to be ready. So even without the injury. So do you want to make your pick and pick the click before the break, or do you want to do.
Speaker 6: It after and Burrow.
Speaker 5: Burrow's been sacked twenty three times this season.
Speaker 4: Already, just looking that up in ten games.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 8: So that ain't counting the hits because they when he's through for the touchdown, they hit him.
Speaker 7: Almost broke hip.
Speaker 4: See, And that's even worse, right because when you're when you're throwing, you're not protecting. When you're getting sack, you can kind of protect.
Speaker 7: Yourself, right boy, you got hit. It almost broke his hip, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: But going back to their defense, they're twenty sixth in the league and scoring defense, and last year they were thirty first in the league and total defense. So you got to play some defense.
Speaker 7: You're talking about.
Speaker 8: Borrows just been toting his team and it's getting old. It's getting old.
Speaker 4: Okay, no one's picking the Cowboys to win, right probably who.
Speaker 6: Is that, Nate Will.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I budget too quick.
Speaker 4: Cooper Rush in his career, I'm making my pick here. I got a bail on you. Okay. Cooper Rush in his career five and one is a starting quarterback.
Speaker 7: The only loss Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia revenge comes someday at at and T State.
Speaker 5: Yes it does, and it was a twenty six seventeen win for the Eagles. Two years ago in Philly, it's a twenty six seventeen win for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And Cooper rushes.
Speaker 6: You better hope they cut off hurts his ankle.
Speaker 4: That hurts.
Speaker 5: That's they got underestimated their points.
Speaker 4: No, but to support you, I think I saw something that at home, the Cowboys have won like eighteen straight division games. Okay, so coming into this season they'd won how many straight home games?
Speaker 7: Don't matter? Sunday is what count? Brother?
Speaker 6: They just have it won one, that's right.
Speaker 4: And remember two years ago, how was the Cowboys offense doing coming out of that Tampa Bay game? They lost nineteen to three.
Speaker 6: That wasn't the season wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't exactly clicking when Dak Prescott got hurt and the season opener and the Cooper rush led them to force straight wins. So Philadelphia, but just for Washington, the Giants.
Speaker 6: Remember this.
Speaker 4: In those four straight wins, they gave up seventeen, sixteen, ten.
Speaker 6: And ten.
Speaker 4: Okay, and that's where Michael Parsons comes into the Okay, Okay, I've got two picks to click, all right, Okay, My first pick to click is Cooper and my second is Micah fresh legs. That's right, like my pick.
Speaker 8: If we can pay Michael maybe twenty five snaps no more, Yeah, so it can be one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And we didn't get to Micah in the injury report, but yeah, and I.
Speaker 7: Think that's the idea. Is it a did not practice a full risk? Michaeh? Was it a full.
Speaker 6: We know his he's limited?
Speaker 4: Did you say ankle on there? Uh, let's come on, let's go click limited?
Speaker 6: No, y'all, y'all do it in the next I'll do it the next.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I gotta go? And thanks for filling in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, my picnicl Missouri finished the game.
Speaker 4: That's my pick to click to win the game, whether Brady Cook plays or not.
Speaker 6: No, you don't know, all right, y'all, carry on than you.
Speaker 4: Shots continues at a molement.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to eighteen T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com Perfect.
Speaker 4: Throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 3: Tomc shuts.
Speaker 4: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to at and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet Mike Tyson. Don't miss Katie Taylor and a man the Serrano's long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now at seakeeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of the A, T and T Stadium. As we continue here on mix shot for the next couple minutes here, Bill called away on assignment. So thanks to Nate Newton, I don't have to sit here and talk to myself.
Speaker 7: Hey man, it's a lot of great announcers that have done.
Speaker 4: That today, and they've done a heck of a job, right, I can think of guys that did one man talk shows. Yes, right, yes, As a matter of fact, a couple of times I did it myself.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 6: And what you know what happens?
Speaker 4: You're scared to quit talkeet like silence is deadly.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is like not have anything, but you just line up all your legal sheets off.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so we're gonna we'll make our picks here in a few minutes.
Speaker 7: I was going to ask you.
Speaker 4: When teams athletes get into dire straits. You went through it, you're ohero to nine and eighty nine. Yes did, And I know it was bad. You guys did not have talent, But did you ever sense that guys just gave up quit.
Speaker 7: Yeh, some guys did.
Speaker 8: And you would see guys that you know, normal injury reports right where guys would make it back in two to three weeks.
Speaker 7: Now they were six seven.
Speaker 8: Eight weeks and there can make it back in six seven weeks. Excuse me, I'm sorry, And I think i R was much different back Yeah, it was. I think once you went on it, you was kind of stuck.
Speaker 6: For me, No, no, you could, you could come back?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, well guys were going ore and it seemed like they would never come back. So, uh, guys had their ways of quitting, you know, because but if they if they touched that field, they know, it was a little bit more critical than it is now, especially for your stars, because there wasn't the guaranteed contracts that would play a big part or people think that, Okay, he makes this amount of money. We got to give him a opportunity. This guy don't. But yeah, we saw it. It was ugly back then because you're looking at guys and you can't compare your team to other teams, you know. And what I mean by that is I couldn't look at my left guard and say he was very competitive.
Speaker 7: I was that way.
Speaker 8: Better than him because the team was just so bad, whereas you look at some teams and you just see like the talent just overflows.
Speaker 7: So it was ugly. It was ugly, and it wasn't much that what you could say. I mean, you you.
Speaker 8: Know you can ride that, give it your best shot, never quit. You know, all the great speeches, but guys are sitting there looking at you like you gonna be gone before we You know, I'm just being honest. When guys give up on your coach, right, you can be as greatest coach nandry, but when guys tune you out because you ain't finished cut fifty three guys or sixty guys. You may get rid of twenty of them, but the coach is gonna be. It's gonna follow on the coach.
Speaker 4: But you know, I was looking and I would have to see the three and thirteen season.
Speaker 6: You guys had a lot of close losses. Yes, it seemed like, yes, and so it was like, but.
Speaker 8: When you get past four or five straight losses, it don't matter how close they are. You know, it's up to you guys's media types of myself now to find that that silvil lining.
Speaker 4: That'll I'll tell you honestly, eighty nine was my first year in charge of covering the Cowboys at the Dallas Time sharrow and you got to oh and nine, yes, And I'm sitting there going, there's only so many times you can kick a sick dog. Yeah, And then you got to figure, Okay, they're just not very good come to that inclusion. It wasn't like this was the mistake or that was a mistake, and so I was thinking, Okay, you better lighten up. But I was also thinking I'm gonna I'm gonna cover history because they're.
Speaker 6: Gonna be the first team to go.
Speaker 4: Oh and sixteen wow. And then you want to gain not going now it's just a bad season to cover, right. But if you look at like in eighty eight, you lost the opener by three points to Pittsburgh, you lost the third game by two points to the Giants, You lost to New Orleans by three.
Speaker 6: You got wiped.
Speaker 4: Out by Washington, You lost to the Bears by ten, you lost to Phoenix by six, you lost to the Giants by eight, got wiped out by Minnesota, wiped out by Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: You only lost by eight.
Speaker 4: To Houston, three to Cleveland, and then in the final game, I bet everybody did quit. It was twenty three seven Philadelphia. But you had all those games that were so close.
Speaker 7: And so was some of the guys named some of the guys on that team.
Speaker 4: Well, you ended up with Steve Pelur at quarterback right, Wow, herschel Walker was the main running back.
Speaker 7: It was the only thing we had.
Speaker 6: Kelvin Martin was so Michael got Michael got.
Speaker 7: Hurt there, Yeah, Michael got hurt.
Speaker 6: Right, Kelvin Martin.
Speaker 7: Fourth round pick out of Boston College.
Speaker 4: Ray Alexander Uh six or seven round pick from Flood and him.
Speaker 6: And you know the offensive line, I guess you got.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you want to call it young or inexperienced. So you had three guys started left tackle, Whydell, Darryl Smith, and Mark.
Speaker 7: Tu and A was the elite at all of that.
Speaker 4: And he was just starting to play tackle at that you left guard.
Speaker 6: Tom Rafferty was kind.
Speaker 7: Of in his career. He played one more.
Speaker 6: Played one more year.
Speaker 7: Crawford Kerr traded him to Denver.
Speaker 6: Hey daddy, yeah called everybody daddy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then Kevin go In at.
Speaker 8: At right tackle wind up being an All Pro god for the Raiders.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, the defense.
Speaker 6: I mean Bill was still starting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was running around captains save a lot, right, he was a special teams guru.
Speaker 4: Ed Jones, Kevin Brooks, Danny Newton, Jim Jeff coach. Yeah got old right, we got old man, and right before our very eyes.
Speaker 7: Yes. And the thing that.
Speaker 8: And I'm telling you it don't matter what you say as a head coach, draw up your scheme, practice your scheme and your game plan, and when Sunday com call your.
Speaker 7: Place, right, do the best you can't. Yeah, it's because everybody struggling.
Speaker 8: You can see the strain on the coaches face, you can see the strain on the players when you get to that point, right, yes, is there or not? I don't think these guys are at that point.
Speaker 6: And this is three and five.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that I think you have to consider from a player standpoint is the last thing you want to do is put bad tape out there. Yes, because you're one game, one injury away from being a free agent and some you got to go find a job, right, that's right, And somebody's gonna look at the tape and go, well, I ain't signing him, he quit or this is all I'm gonna pay him. Yes, So I think you still got to do your job. Okay, I know you're gonna pick the Cowboys. You got somebody that you need to stand out to be able to win this game.
Speaker 7: I just it's a group of guys.
Speaker 8: I think our center and two guards have to play exceptional. Jalen Carter, he is number ninety eight for Philadelphi's nice. He'll be over our left guard Smith a lot. So that'll be a matchup to watch. They they are stout and the other big kid they Jordan. I think they got out of Georgia. Yeah, the other first round pick.
Speaker 6: They just drafted Georgia.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's he's he's a heavy load. But I'm telling you number ninety eight, Jalen Carter is slippery.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: He only has three sacks. They have twenty two all together. He only has three sacks, but he gets a lot of pressure and a lot of hits on the quarterback.
Speaker 7: Now you look.
Speaker 8: At the Kobe Dean and you look at Zack Bond. These guys got two and a half sacks. You look at Josh Schwett, he's got five sacks. So it's sacked by committee. Yeah, you know it ain't just one guy taking over. Josh Sweat has five, so it ain't no one guy dominating the sack game. Their their defensive coordinator. Cause a good game, a solid game. And the things that's kind of scary is we haven't seen their best game because they haven't played anyone in four or five weeks.
Speaker 6: They had to have that best Yeah.
Speaker 7: So we haven't. We haven't seen their best game.
Speaker 6: You're gonna see it on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yes, they're gonna bring the fire, all right.
Speaker 6: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: I said, if they didn't beat Atlanta, I'm not picking them until.
Speaker 7: They win a game.
Speaker 4: Yes, And so I got Philadelphia twenty seven nineteen and I think that you know my theory, the more you lose, the closer you are to winning. And yeah, I think they've probably lost their three in a row, so I very well can.
Speaker 7: So you've got Cowboys twenty seven.
Speaker 6: What no, I said, the Eagles twenty.
Speaker 7: Seven Cowboys nineteen right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'll take for them to beat win this game. The Marvin Overstown's gonna have to have the game of his life.
Speaker 6: Okay, And that's it for mick shots.
Speaker 4: We thank Nate Newton for sitting in and we'll be back with you on Monday, win, lose, or draw, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.