Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on The Peacock Act hour two on this Thursday. Basketball making news during football season, Milwaukee trades for Dame Lillard. You got to attach grades and who won and who lost. Chris Mannox will join us coming up in a little bit tonight. The Lions are favored at Lambeau by one and a half. It's been quite some time back to nineteen eighty six when the Lions were favored at Lambeau, when the Packers were playing their starting quarterback, their regular quarterback, not through the Aaron Rodgers. Brett FARVERA. I think you have to go back to Lynn Dickey, Lynn Dickey or maybe Don Mkowski remember magic Man quite quick run? Yeah, but that was good. It was there was a Lynn sanity feel with a magic Man number seven. Don mckowskie, all right, stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards to the Dan Patrick Show. Poll question from our one and what are we going with with hour two? Seed?
Speaker 2: I think our two, Dan, we might go with a listener suggested poll question, if you think it's fun?
Speaker 1: Only if you think it's fun?
Speaker 2: Would you rather live in Miami or Milwaukee right now? Interesting results, It's a lot closer than you think. Fifty four percent of the audience would rather live in Miami. That means a solid forty six percent are going to Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I have Midwest roots and I'd rather be in Milwaukee. I'd like to visit Miami. Yeah, what do we have for hour two? Hour two?
Speaker 2: This could be fun? Most likely outcome? This is from Dale in Indiana. Most likely outcome of the Taylor Swift Travis Cut relationship, wedding bells, matching tattoos, a new breakup song, or a Kelsey Jersey burning. What is the most likely outcome of that? This feels sort of Todd Fritzian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Taylor's not going to get a tattoo? Why not? She didn't have any? Okay, she's in love, she's been crazy. Thing, No, she's been in love before. Yeah, and she's done crazy things. Yeah, but she's not getting a tattoo. You don't think. Okay, so you don't have to vote on you do not get a tattoo of your significant other unless you know you're going to be in for the long haul.
Speaker 2: Well that that's the way you do things. That's not the way other irrational people do things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, I met this girl man and got a tattoo. Wait, how long you known her? Seven days? Yeah? All right, that's good enough. Sounds about right. I think I waited thirty four years before I got my wife's name tattoo. You know I'm waiting. I figured, Okay, after thirty four years, we're probably gonna be together forever. You think you can stick it out? I guess I hope. Yeah, yeah, ple.
Speaker 3: I used to do the thing with my single buddies. They meet a girl and like four weeks later, like she could be the one, she'd be one of Like cool, I'm like, what's her middle name? The vic I'm like, you're think about ring shopping? You don't her middle name?
Speaker 1: Who cares about that? Yeah? This Saturday, don't miss out on the battle in the Big ten West. It's the Purdue Boilermakers against the fighting Alini Big Ten Saturday. You can stream all the action that'll be in Illinois. That'll be at three Eastern exclusively on Peacock, which is where you can find this program. We say good morning for those watching, and our radio affiliates around the country get some phone calls in here. We analyze the trade from all angles. A lot of people are going to be looking at this from the Milwaukee perspective, and I get that because Dame ends up in Milwaukee. What it means for Giannis uh draft Kings has them as the leading odds as far as to win the title. They got the best odds to win the title right now. They were I think had six best odds before the trade. Now they get Dame Lillard. It's still an older roster and you got, you know, a new coach. Phoenix I think quietly did really well because they were top heavy, and I wondered, can you keep everybody healthy? And if you don't, do you have some depth there? How many players are still with the Phoenix Suns who were there when they went to the NBA Finals. I'm gonna guess Devin Booker is the only player who's still there, and that was only a couple of years ago. They have completely turned over the roster and I think adding some depth. They got rid of DeAndre Ayton as far as Portland. You weren't going to get a lot. You know, you got Drew hum and DeAndre. I mean it's you weren't going to get you dollar for dollars, I said, first hour. But is it? You know, can you do something with him? You know they didn't want from what I was told, A Miami Heat source said that Tyler Hero they were not interested in Tyler Hero. They didn't want the contract, and his skill set is similar to some of their younger players that they have. They needed to add something that was different. You got DeAndre Ayden, all right. I mean he can put up nice numbers. You here's the problem now, the pressure he didn't do well in Phoenix and now the pressure of hey you we got we lost Dame and we got you, and the pressure that's going to be on him. Does he respond to that? Can he respond to that? He was the number one overall pick? But if he gives you nineteen and eight, that's not good enough. You're waiting for that, Okay, let's go. You were taken in front of Luca and Trey. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pauline, do you think that the Phoenix Suns wanted to move on from eight and because he's just a reminder of what he didn't turn out to be. He's averaging nineteen and ten. You want guys, whoever's nineteen and ten, ye your roster. But not when you thought he was going to be a star. And it appears he his stats are the exact same as his rookie year, almost exact. Nothing's changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if he's gotten better.
Speaker 3: No, he's the exact same player. I bet you Out there in Phoenix, they're like, let's let's just try something else. We could find a fifteen and ten guy, you know, and with the where he doesn't need the ball.
Speaker 1: It just felt like he was pouting. And now you got all of those stars and you know he's not going to get his touches and I you know, in Portland, here's your fresh start. Now make something of that. But if your dame now you get a chance. Now you're going to play in big games. Now you're going to be seen every night, you know, East Coast, you know, time zone. You're going to be seen as opposed to you know, we'd come in after a night game and somebody would say, oh, you know, Dame went off last night. Now you get America is seeing you playing every night, playing in big games and playing with the guy who wanted you there. Go back to the All Star Game when it was Lebron and Jannis and they were picking their teams and Giannis had the first pick of anybody and he took dam and you can see Lebron's reaction. You know, Lebron is openly flirted with Steph Curry. But here's Lebron going, what about loyalty? You're always talking about loyalty. You don't even take Drew Holliday. And then Lebron's like, a, right, I know what you're I know what you're doing here. Lebron knew it back then at the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Like I see what you're doing, I see what you was genuinely surprised, Yes he was. You could tell his reaction was like, oh damn, I didn't what.
Speaker 1: Hold on? Oh man? But basketball gets the headlines at least for you know, good eighteen hours or so. Football coming up tonight and a standalone game, and everybody's going to have an opinion on Jordan Love, and everybody's going to have an opinion on Jared Off tomorrow guaranteed. And if Dame could somehow get to the game tonight, have his Jordan Love jersey on'd be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark, Wait, does he have a personalized Green Bay Packers jersey? I'd make one number zero, a little it on the back. Maybe he walks out, maybe it's oo.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Okay, it'd be great if it was just something I love when it's subtle, like it's wait, who's that? And then somebody just when somebody walks on stage at a concert and you're going, WHOA didn't I didn't know he was supposed to be here, and all of a sudden they start singing. You're like, all right, maybe you could go Dame with his jersey in a cheesehead and Lambeau Leap, who's a producer. Yeah, I just need to get Dame at Lambeau there. It's like Taylor Swift that they're the rumor that she was going to show up in Kansas City, created this frenzy and now Sunday night, you know they're planning on her. She might show up now all of a sudden, Yeah, this is going to be a thing, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 5: Instead of just taking a shot of Dame in a packer jersey, like in a suite, what if you know no one, they're able to hide him and he comes out for the coin flip and they go crazy as he comes out from the sideline onto midfield. That's the first time everyone sees that he's there.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, Mark, this is going to be very much Aaron Rodgers at the Knicks game. Remember we talked about that. We were like, man, how good would it be if he came there? And if they put Damie Lilar on the jumbo tron and all he does is point to was watch, the place will go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean the only problem is you got to get Dame there at the game. How far is uh?
Speaker 6: Poor?
Speaker 1: Closest airport you can fly into Millwall, you can fly into Lambeau.
Speaker 3: Oh they got Green Bays, got a nice private Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've stayed at the hotel there at the airport. Yeah, go right there. Lovely accommodations at that hotel. I've been in some places in my career.
Speaker 3: What's alst obscure middle of nowhere? It felt place you ever been hardest to get to. Maybe I've heard I haven't gone to a game in Manhattan, Kansas, but Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I went to Kansas Basketball. I went to a game there. I wanted to go to fall Gallen Fieldhouse. I wanted to watch a game there, and the game I went to, Jason Kidd was playing at Cow and I went to that game. But I don't remember. Like when you're young, you don't go well, it's a pain. It's when you get older and you've done it and you go, oh gosh, I got to connect and then I gotta go here, and then I got to drive to When you're young, you don't care. I'm like, yeah, all right, I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Yes, Ton, what hotel lobby or hotel room did you walk into and you immediately said, I guess I'm not the big deal.
Speaker 1: I thought I was. What is this place that I s? You know, when I was at ESPN, they you know, they were cheap. You know, you didn't you didn't get to stay in the best you know how about this? They were frugal, they were cost conscious, economical.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, I can't just throw so much money, right everybody?
Speaker 1: I mean I've I've been in places where the door on the refrig, the mini fridge is off. It was off, and then I said, uh, I don't think I could keep something cold in here because the door is off. I goes off, Well, what did you What did you do to it? I go, I just got in my room. There's no door on the mini fridge. I remember, I remember a comforter that had stains on it. That's that is the absolute worst. And then I went to see the maid I'm looking for down the hall and I go, I need a new comforter. And then she goes, did you just get here? And I go yeah. And then she came in looked at the comforter and she goes, what did you do to this? And I go, I just got here. She goes, well, you put your uggage down. I go, not to create those stains that are on my comforter.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd, bed bugs, I get a little breakfast bed bug.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, but when you get that, you know when I went to NBC and all of a sudden, you're staying at nice places and you're like, Okay, I like this. I remember one time I was covering the NBA Finals and we landed in Salt Lake and I came in and Jim Gray was the sideline reporter for NBC and I'm working for ESPN. And Jim comes in getting his bags and he had a driver who came in and got his luggage and then took it outside, and uh, you know, I'm schlepping mind to get on a bus to go, you know, downtown. And so yeah, I'll stop your whining. Okay, I will. I'm over it. NBC treated you just a little better, just a little bit, just a little bit, yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: We did a college football game once years ago to ESPN before I was working here on the show, and mel Kiper and all people like that with us, and about six of us got were in Tallahassee, Florida, and we're heading to the hotel and it was a motel with the doors on the outside. Oh, which I was. I was young, like I'll say anywhere. But there was a shooting in the parking lot and there was like chalk out lines and police there. Melky goes, let's turn around, and we were like, we found another place to go, but there's an actual shooting in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: A motel, motel, Yeah, Isn't there a motel across from the Lows in Santa Monica? Is it? And then there's a restaurant y Shay Louis. Is that sound right?
Speaker 3: It's a nice motel. It's one of those open air where the doors that you knock on the doors.
Speaker 1: But they did the Billy Bob Thornton series. He stayed in that motel, his character did.
Speaker 2: Oh, because that place that is based on is like right around the corner, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's right The bar is right there. The bar is right there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it's really dark in there. Went in there and had a couple of drinks. I think Sinatra used to go with it has a great history and I'm not sure what the name of it is. Hopefully I got it right, but that motel is right there. I didn't stay in the hotel, but when I saw the Billy Bob Thorpe Goliath is the name of the show, and I saw that and I go, oh, damn, that's right across the street from I think the Low's Hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ton just weird what it says, like free you know, hourly rates or free HBO or color TV in every room.
Speaker 1: So that's when they stayed in a heart shaped tub hotel room.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 1: No, well, you haven't lived.
Speaker 5: I definitely have not lived. I'd like to do that.
Speaker 1: I did in the Poconos, Yeah, in the poke Beautiful mount Airy Lodge. Yea, yeah. See. I haven't stayed in the place like that.
Speaker 2: But in the town I grew up, and there was a place that had like themed rooms. There's like one was like like a jungle and the other one was like a aquarium or something, and that was always at.
Speaker 1: I always thought that ESPN should have bought the hotel right across the street and you would have had the dick Fight Town Suite, Uh to the Bristol Radison, like the Chris Berman. Yeah. Yeah, like you your alarm goes off and it's Dickie Big, It's time to get on baby Boomer going, it's get up, Scott. Yeah. Yeah. The room. I thought that they should have just made it like an ESPN like uh, tour shrine. Yeah, and nobody. I did tell that to management. I go, why did you buy it? You know? No, no, no, we're not in the business of buying a hotel.
Speaker 3: Hit the bell for the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people come over there for late compounds, you had the amusement park, you could stay at the ESPN Hotel.
Speaker 3: Yes, now the wake up callby you are getting up of the Aaron Rodgers Quick Hell, Nick Groundhog Day.
Speaker 1: Or steven A steven Aill wake you up now or mad Dog Russo I'm gonna take a break. Chris Mannix will give us his thoughts on the trade and does he agree the Milwaukee Bucks are the team to beat next year? Back after this Dan Patrick Show, Full Sale University year five, Dan Patrick's School of Sportscasting amazing. We started out handful of students. I'm forever indebted to those five students and their families because they took a chance. All five got jobs in the business, still working in the business, and here we are over three hundred and fifty students five years later. They're in big markets, small markets. You get practical experience, hands on experience. When you graduate, we want you ready for a job. Full Sale University. Your bachelor's degree is in sportscasting and you're going to earn that in about half the time as sure is twenty months, and you can do it online or Full Sales Beautiful campus in Orlando, Florida. If you want to do this for a living, whether it's in front of the camera behind the camera. We don't have classes where you can learn how to become a dan at, but you know, maybe we should. Maybe we should learn more about the Dan Patrick School to sportscasting. Go to fullsale dot edu slash Danpatrick. Fullsale dot edu slash Danpatrick. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. I'm cringing during the commercial break on radio. If you're watching on Peacock, it's the moment when I'm critiquing ray Allen's shooting form. He should have smacked me, but he had the ball resting on the palm of his hand, and I was always taught that you should always have a little day light underneath the ball and your hand. And I said to him, you know, I got a problem with that. He's one of the greatest shooters ever, but I stand by it. You know, you shoot with your fingertips, not the palm of your hand, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: To be fair, Ray Allen's only like the third or fourth best shooting okay in the history of the Earth. Yeah, I mean he's not like number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I wouldn't critique Steph Curry's room for improvement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean really, The point is he would have been a better shooter if he had known about that space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poor Ray, wake it up every morning going what could have been?
Speaker 1: Is this close to being greet What happened when.
Speaker 3: I called Dan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, could have helped him free of charge. Chris mannis joining a Sports Illustrated senior basketball writer. All right, how did they pull this off? And nobody knew what was going on with the Trailblazers and the Bucks.
Speaker 8: Well, the reality Dan is Milwaukee wasn't really engaged with Portland until the last week to two weeks. You know, the Bucks, they won fifty eight games last year. They felt pretty comfortable after the season, kind of nibbling around the fringes. But as the offseason developed, we saw Giannis ten Decompo pretty pointedly note that if this team doesn't do more to improve or doesn't put itself in position to be a championship contender for years to come, he was going to look elsewhere, and I think that really activated the Milwaukee Bucks front office. They had a piece that was interesting in Drew Holliday, who Portland doesn't necessarily want but can certainly flip for other assets over the next couple of weeks and months, and they had another team in Phoenix that wanted to get in on the mix to build out some of its depths. So this was not a case where Milwaukee was talking to Portland all offseason long. They just got really interested in this mix over the last two weeks and we're able to put it together.
Speaker 1: Do you think Giannis, if they didn't make this move, was not going to sign that new contract with Milwaukee.
Speaker 8: He most certainly wasn't going to sign the three year, one hundred and sixty nine million dollar extension he's eligible for right now. He's eligible to sign that deal up until October twenty third, and nobody believed he was going to sign that. He was going to let see how this season played out and went to next offseason where he would have one year left on his deal and be eligible to sign I believe a four year, two hundred and fifty plus million dollar contract, So he was not going to sign the deal right now. He may still not sign that extension right now, but he and his team certainly have something to think about over the next three weeks. I mean, Giannis, as you know at this point, is an unabashed fan of Damian Lillard. Drafted him first at the All Star Game during the draft, So there's no doubt that Giannis wants to play with Damian Lillard. This is not a situation where Lillard is a rental. Lilid's around for at least the next three years, probably four, because that's a player at the back end of that deal worth more than sixty million dollars. So this is a guy Jannis can tie himself to with a long term contract, and I think there'll be serious consideration given by Jannis and his camp to sign that extension.
Speaker 1: Now, anybody heard from Dame Lillard. He had a sight set on Miami and now you end up in Milwaukee.
Speaker 8: I mean just that he's you know, his own tweet was excited to be a buck, excited for the next chapter. Look, Damian Lillard wanted to play and live and operate out of Miami. There's no question about that. He liked the idea certainly of living in Miami, living on South Beach. But most important to Damian Lillard this stage of his career is winning. If the Portland Trailblazers had a team that could compete for a championship, Damian Lillard would stay there. He would have no problem living in Portland for the rest of his playing career. Miami was Miami, but it also had a team that was coming off of finals appearance. It had ruthless competitors in Jimmy Butler and bam Adebayo, and it arguably the best coach in the NBA. So Damian Lillard saw that situation said I want to play there as much as I want to live there. He certainly doesn't want to live in Milwaukee as badly as he wanted to live in Miami. But the Bucks give Lillard probably a better chance to win multiple championships over the next four years than Miami did. Jimmy Butler, as great as he is, is thirty four years old. The Bucks don't or the Heat don't have a lot of talent right now down there around him. The Bucks Giannis is twenty eight, Chris Middleton in his early thirties. They've still got the ageless Brook Lopez on that roster. I mean that team is built to win championships, and I promise you that is the most important thing to Damian Lillard.
Speaker 1: I felt like Miami was almost at a disadvantage because Dame wanted to go to Miami, and therefore Miami probably was not giving a great offer or one that would get Portland's attention. Miami, for lack of a better description, screwed this up. Well, they didn't.
Speaker 8: Go all in for Lillard, and the reasons for that, you know, could be multitude. You know, maybe they didn't believe that, you know, Lillard at thirty three years old with two hundred million left on his deal, warranted them to go all in. Maybe they wanted to keep some of their powder dry in case a player like Giannis or a player like Joel Embiid became available over the next year two years. Miami is always in star hunting mode. I think. Look, the Heat believed that they were the only game in town, and the reality is for a while they were right. As I mentioned, the Bucks were not in this mix for the better part of this offseason. The Raptors, another team, mentioned they were not in this mix for the better part of this offseason. For a while, the Heat were operating from a position of strength. Where the Heat got it wrong, and where I think majority of Heat Twitter and some members of Heat media got it wrong, is that they just could conceive that the idea that Joe Cronin wouldn't do a deal that would satisfy Dami Lit. There was a belief almost that Cronin and the Blazers should feel lucky to get some combination of Tyler Hero and a couple of first round picks. The Blazers never operated that way. They didn't want Tyler Hero. They didn't they believed they could do better than Tyler Hero and a couple of first round picks, or three first round picks, whatever it may be, and whatever you want to feel about DeAndre Ayden, the guy's a twenty five year old eighteen point ten rebound per game scorer as a third option on a team last year, this guy's got room to grow. So I think where the Heat got it wrong was that they believed they were going to be the only game in town leading into training camp, and that just did not turn out to be the case.
Speaker 1: Chris Mannic Sports Illustrated senior basketball writer. I like what Phoenix did. Yeah, they got rid of DeAndre Ayton from the standpoint of maybe he was not going to be happy. Now you know, he's even further down on the totem pole with Bradley Beal there, and they added some depth there. Are they the team to beat out West? Now?
Speaker 8: Well, we have to see how it all comes together, right, I Mean, we get really excited about these super teams and sometimes they work out. Sometimes they're like the twenty twelve Los Angeles Lakers. Sometimes it just you never know how it's all going to come together. But even though on paper, I don't like the aight and deal because Aiden's a really talented guy and I would have loved to have seen what Frank Vogel could do with him. Frank Vogel's got a rich history of reviving centers. He did it with Roy Hibbert in Indiana. He got the most out of Dwight Howard during his season in Los Angeles. So Frank Vogel I think would have maximized the talents of DeAndre. But I get the deal right, Like they needed NBA players, credible NBA players to be part of that rotation. Grayson Allen, He's certainly one of them. He gives them a forty percent three point shooter to play off all those guys. Nae, your little I think is a good player use of Nurkic certainly not the player DeAndre Ayton is, but a serviceable guy to play in the middle, and someone that's really used to setting, you know, crunching screens for players, as he'll be asked to do in Phoenix. So I get it from Phoenix's perspective. I do think they got deeper. Whether they got better, well, we'll see. But they prioritize depth in this deal over maximizing the top end talent.
Speaker 1: Who do you put as the team to beat this year right now?
Speaker 8: Milwaukee? Milwaukee, it's gotta be. I mean, look, the reason the Bucks have bowed out of the playoffs over the last couple of years. Whenever they've got in trouble in the playoffs, it's almost always been half court offense. I mean, for all of Drew Holliday's marvelous talents, he is not an especially efficient half court offensive player. Damian lilllind solves that problem. He is a cure all for that problem. He's going to step into that lineup and have one of the most devastating two man games with joannistand Kompo that we're going to see in the NBA next season. Now people can say, yeah, they lose something defensively, and they sure do. I mean, they're not going to be a top five defensive team again, but they still have Giannis and Lopez on that back line to clean up a lot of their mistakes. So I think they'll be okay or good enough defensively, and they're gonna be positively dynamic offensively. They've still got some depth there with Jay Crowder, Pat Connadan is in that mix, Marjon Bouchamp is still there, and they'll be in the mix to sign guys after the trade deadline this year. I just think they're not only the favorite right now to win the East, they're the favorite to win the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Good to talk to you, Chris, as always, glad you're fired up here talking basketball during football season. He got it there, Thank you, Chris. Chris Mannox, senior writer for Sports Illustrated. I love it, you know, get a storyline here, some basketball during football season. Get some phone calls here, eight seven to seven to three DP show Nick and La. Hi, Nick, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Glad?
Speaker 6: You're fired up here?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 9: How you doing the.
Speaker 1: Turn down your radio?
Speaker 9: Turn it down?
Speaker 1: Okay, I turned it down. Hey.
Speaker 9: So I just want to tell you I used to live in Santa Monica on a little walk street called Seaview Terrace, and across from my triplex was the Seaview Motel. Yeah, that's the motel you're talking about, right next to the Marriott, which was right next to the Lows. And across the street is shay j that's.
Speaker 1: The name of a j oh Damn. All right, Thank you, Nick. Yeah, I'd love that area, but I didn't stay at the motel. I'd usually stay at the Lows there, Santa Monica. Jeff In Detroit, Hi, Jeff, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Hey man? A little bit of swish back there on my man, Brad Halmes. You're talking about my team now as a Detroit It's a couple of things. First of all, what up though, that's what you say when you meet somebody. Number Two, if you know you the man, you don't have to say you the man. You know what I'm saying. Number Three, don't nobody want Colin Kaepernick? Brad Holmes has done a great job of putting the right people in the right spots, regardless of color, race or whatever. That should has nothing to do with it. Now, Colin Kaepernick did get host. But when you ask somebody in Detroit about him not getting a shot, the first thing they say, what is he doing now? He's seven years out the league. On top of that, if Cam Newton is out the league, what do you think he's going to do on the football field?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 6: I want to get I want to get tonight's matchup. What are you thinking Detroit Ons in a victory.
Speaker 1: I can tell you what you want to hear. But I'm I'm on the Jordan Love bandwagon here. Just I think I hope he succeeds. I do. Are the Lions the better team? Yeah? Their favored tonight, But until you know, I see otherwise. You know Jordan Love is doing okay. And that's what what I said when we started the season, that you know they wanted to move on from Rogers the year before. I think they know what they have in Jordan Love. And while he didn't look good in the first three quarters against the Saints, he had an unbelievable fourth quarter. And if you're able to do that. I mean, that's what you want. I need you to produce when you need to produce. He didn't in the first three quarters. The last one he did. He's had four career starts. Give him a little bit of time there. I do like the roster. I think they're better than what people think. That you lose Aaron Rodgers and all of a sudden the team goes to the seller. I just don't believe that. And maybe they're not, you know, a very good team. But for me, I think they can win the division. Vow in Texas, Hi, vow. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey, Yeah, I've got a couple of lovable teams. I was going to mention, first of all, there's a lovable group of misfits that I'm still hoping will win a sports DEMI and then also, as a long suffering fan of Crappensburg State, you know, it's been a long time since we really wrecked them. And then I also when it comes to Paulie, I'm kind of worried and I'm wondering is their way that we can have food delivered on Meat Friday? Because I don't want to see him go hungry or could we get maybe Sarah McLaughlin to uh do a commercial to.
Speaker 1: Wow you. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Looking at the meat.
Speaker 1: But you guys get to eat tomorrow, but then the following week, depending on whose team loses, then you don't get to take part in Meat Friday. But there is an asterisk. Thursday's game next week is the Bears playing. They could get a win and then Paul could get an injunction and he would be able to have Meet Friday next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind that loophole. No, well, it's just what it's you know what. It's good timing, it's luck, it's a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: But the great thing is that you have your team has to win before you can have Meet Friday. Again. I love it, and you have to watch us. You don't get a play to go. There's none of that, you know. King's Hawaiian reached out and they're like, man, we feel bad that there's going to be a loser in this. I go no, it's content. They would go, well, could we whip up something for the loser? I go no, No, that they're losers. They they don't get anything.
Speaker 3: It flies to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Marv.
Speaker 4: What if one of the teams goes winless, does this go into the off seas?
Speaker 1: Yes for real, yes, yes. If the Bears or Broncos go winless this year, then you have to wait until the following NFL season, and then you have to wait until your team wins the game, not preseason. You have to win if they win the off season. No teams like, yeah, you know who won the offseason? They want the off season? How about that one? Actually, the Bears did win the off season.
Speaker 3: We crushed the off season.
Speaker 1: They traded the number one pick. They invested in Justin Fields. Everybody was in love with him for an m and they have to spend. They got a number one receiver. There, Now you're ready to go. They got money to spend. They won the off season. Yeah, pull in theory. The Bears have some winnable games. They play face the Panthers later the season. They got the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Two game next Thursday, Commanders at Commanders a place to play Man. Then they have the Vikings on October fifteenth, which is a must win for the Vikings, as we say, a must win game, they must win. Then the Raiders beatable.
Speaker 1: What about the Broncos if Broncos lose it home to the Bears, then when when can the Broncos maybe gonna win? Todd, I am checking this guy.
Speaker 5: I used to memorize that schedule, but now I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, they have a Thursday night game on the twelfth. They have games Sunday the first, Sunday the eighth, and then Thursday the twelfth.
Speaker 5: After the Bears game, we host the Jets. We're at the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's your win, Jets. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why is everyone so convinced the Bears are losing to the Broncos this Sunday?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not.
Speaker 5: It seems like most people are already feeling sorry for PAULI like, it's like a done deal that Denver is gonna win this game in chicag That's.
Speaker 1: What I said. Hey, you know what, if you lose this weekend, then you have the Jets, but it could be a tie.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes see, I think people are people are reacting to this bet for Paul because Meat Friday is so much more important to him than it probably is to you.
Speaker 1: Todd.
Speaker 2: I mean, you enjoy your plate of food, there's no doubt about that. But for Paul, this is like it's like a religious holiday every week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but have you seen Fritzy on meat Friday? It's like his final meal.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 8: Yes, I will put as much as I count on that play you.
Speaker 1: Do you pile on? There?
Speaker 2: Does a tight has such an odd relationship with food where.
Speaker 1: Paul is just truly in love. Yes, he appreciates the start to finish the spices be parsley, you know, garnished important.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a priority when you're traveling. I don't even like fasting for the eight hours I'm asleep at night. That's the longest I go without eating.
Speaker 4: Marvin the plating also, he's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: If Denver wasn't to beat the Bears and wasn't to beat the Jets, which is possible, they would have to play the Chiefs, Packers and Bills in the coming weeks beyond that, which is a little actually, the Chiefs twice, Chiefs, Packers, Chiefs again, Bills in the next four weeks after Bears.
Speaker 1: Jets and a bye week doesn't help you. That just means you didn't win, you didn't play. I can't help you there. Good God, I'm hoping one of you guys loses like five in a row. It'd be awesome. I could tell it'd be great just to see Paulie out there.
Speaker 2: You're probably you're rooting for you really want the Bears to go right heah yeah, Which.
Speaker 3: Is funny because Bears fans would agree with this because at this point you want Kayla Williams.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you rather have Meet Friday or kayleb Williams?
Speaker 10: Well you specifically wait, we'll have that after the break here in your car, we'll get to more phone calls coming up, and we'll talk to Chris Simms Football Night in America.
Speaker 1: He'll get us ready for the Lions and the Packers. Take a break back after this. Keeper's Heart. If you haven't tried it, you should go to your favorite spirits store and ask for it. Keeper's Heart. Yeah, you hear it on the Dan Patrick Show. It's something new, unique style of whiskey that brings together the best of Irish and American whiskeys and you have one of the bestest stillers, probably one of the five best diest stillers in the world. Brian Nation. He left Ireland's most famous whiskey company because he believed in Keeper's Heart made here in the United States. It's like an athlete at the top of his game leaving a world championship team to join an underdog. Keeper's Heart combines this smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys and delivering a unique taste experience worthy of the record books. In fact, that's where you'll find Keeper's Heart. The world's best Irish whiskey just named that in the Tasting Alliance with their ten year single Malt Ask for it. If you're a whiskey fan, try it. Enjoy ten dollars off your whiskey purchase at Keeper's Heart Whiskey dot com Keeper's Heart Whiskey dot com. Make sure you use the promo code Dan twenty twenty three. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 12: Polly Foosco here with Tonyfosco Yo. Of course, you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all of sports dots.
Speaker 1: The Polly and Tony Fustco Show.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 12: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is. Why Yeah, Instead of us doing that, let's just let on millions of fans do the darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play the tape.
Speaker 6: You don't know crap about full even own this crap. Who whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's the wrong tape, wrong tape.
Speaker 8: Just forget that.
Speaker 12: Look, listen to the Pauli Tony Busco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast orherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: All right, the pressing question that probably kept you in your car. I was talking to Paulie about the Bear Let me let me explain the bet that we have coming up this weekend. It's the Bears and the Broncos. Paulie Bears fan, Fritzy loves the Broncos. Someone has to win, but we're, you know, anxious for the loser, because the loser doesn't get to take part in Meet Friday until his team wins. And I just said to Paulie, what if the Bears kept losing, you could get Caleb Williams and that meant you didn't have Meet Friday and till next September, and then you'd have to win a game, but you would get Caleb Williams as your quarterback. But you don't win a game, and you don't get to take part in Meet Friday the football season and then in the off season all summer long. Would you take Caleb Williams or you want your Meat Friday.
Speaker 3: Let me take a second and tell you where my head is on this answer. As a Bear fan, and I think I speak for a lot of Bear fans. I feel like a guy who's been married three times and had terrible divorces and you're asking would you want to get married again? No, it's like tainted. The idea of drafting another quarterback in the top five as a Bears fan is like, well, what are we going to do to this guy? How are we gonna screw this guy up? Because I don't know if it's the Bears or Mitch Trubisky or the Bears or Justin Fields or the Bears or Key mcdown. But I almost feel as a Bears fan, like, man, I don't want to do that to Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 3: He just wants to have a good career and play for a franchise that's going to support him. So it's almost like you've been beaten down as a Bears fan where you're like, doesn't matter matter if it's Caleb Williams or Drake may or blank blank, it's probably not going to work out. That said, he's one of the great prospects supposedly in the past.
Speaker 1: What is your answer, Pauli People waiting in their cars.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not giving up.
Speaker 1: Meat.
Speaker 3: Friday meets more important to me than the Bears, and it's close. Meat's been there for me longer. Okay, it always comes through for me.
Speaker 1: Dylan, our graphics guy, takes part in the Dan Patrick Takes a Gamble podcast. Then we'll be recording that after today's show. That'll be Shyan Irving Bad, Larry and Dylan joining us. Now he's back there with the big german and he is coming out to give us more wisdom, wisdom like he gave us last week when he said Denver would win outright in Miami. And it was close, very close.
Speaker 7: Actually it was for about three minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not even that. I think Tyreek Hill scored a touchdown with the two minutes into the game.
Speaker 7: They got it to like fourteen to seven. I was like, all right, and then.
Speaker 1: We can go anywhere either one. What kind of reaction did you get on social media?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I think that was such a bad beatdown. People just felt bad. There was not a lot, not a lot of buzz.
Speaker 1: This time, so nobody called you an idiot.
Speaker 7: They probably did not that I saw though.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, you.
Speaker 7: Know I don't. I don't read comments, dan.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't above that now. Oh you are all people that read comments for me.
Speaker 7: I don't read all six comments.
Speaker 1: You have your girlfriend do it for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she'll say that stuff anyways. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually worse, it'll be like, read me the comments, You're an idiot. Wait did they say that? No? No, that's how I feel about you. You're an idiot. Every comments idiot. Do you have a bet on the Bears and Broncos?
Speaker 7: So I do. Obviously this is a spicy one for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, public.
Speaker 7: Is very heavy on the Broncos. Okay, it's cover the spread.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 7: This is about winning is winning out right, So I'm gonna to take the Bears plus the points and to win out right.
Speaker 1: Paly feels worse now way worse.
Speaker 7: And a little sprinkle on the game. We've talked it into existence. I think a little sprinkle on the game to end in a tie.
Speaker 1: Okay at eighty to one. Okay, So you're betting eighty to one on a tie. Yeah, and you're taking the Bears and the three three and a half, three and a half, three and a half okay, hook, yeah, three in the hook.
Speaker 7: And I'm actually parlaying that with I have a sort of a vendetta parlay for all the people that wronged me last week. So that Dolphins bills under fifty four. I mean the Dolphins scored seventy points last week, Jets plus ten against the Chiefs. It's nine and a half buying the hook to ten and Commanders plus eight against the Iggles.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's your parlay, that's my parlay.
Speaker 7: I'm also gonna take all those straight.
Speaker 1: Ben straight up yeah okay, but I.
Speaker 7: Like those, And coincidentally, I'm getting revenge okay.
Speaker 1: Much due revenge much.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm batting two fifty as far as parlays go on the show, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay. More wisdom from Dylan and Bad Larry and Shane irving them I think about that. That'll be coming up later on today. Dan Patrick dot com, thank you, Dylan, see you guys all right?
Speaker 3: Yes, boy, When when Dylan walked in the room because I can't see behind me and he started talking, I thought his seat imitating. I thought he wasn't in the room yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty good. Yes, the oldest looking and sounding twenty seven year old. You will see the best and then I love that guy. Funny guy. Chris Sims. Football Night in America gets us ready for Packers Lions coming up.