Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of stories and I want to go through number one.
Speaker 3: I need help knowing what catalytic converters are because I hear about them being stolen all the time, but that's always what I know them for.
Speaker 1: As for being stolen more than what they do. Yeah, help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like it's part of your exhaust system. So it's like converts whatever your fuel. Once it fuels the engine or whatever, then it converts it into exhaust and then it spits it out the muffler. But it's made out of like some nickel or some kind of like metal that's really expensive.
Speaker 1: In current cars.
Speaker 3: Are all cars all cars still, so they still put them away.
Speaker 5: Oh, precious metals.
Speaker 1: Why do they put that in cars?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Can't they use like that's half aluminum?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Three California men have been busy allegedly stealing car parts and pipes, but now they have found over seven hundred catalytic converters.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: During the searches they were at.
Speaker 5: It padium and rodium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, blottium, blodium and rodium pladium.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what it is. I just think that's how it said.
Speaker 6: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: I think rodium is correct though.
Speaker 3: Police found over seven hundred of these valued it over one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars, so there is some real money in it.
Speaker 4: When they stole my jeep, they found it in a field and that was I mean, they gotted it with. They took a bunch of parts and then the catalytic converter sawt off.
Speaker 3: Search ones for the properties in San Pablo and Richmond revealed the men were involved in the purchase, sales, and possession of the stolen items.
Speaker 1: So when you buy these do you melt them down or do you sell? Like? What then?
Speaker 3: Is this palladium and rodium? How was that going to the market?
Speaker 1: And what does it use for? Again? I just know nothing about this. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what they do with it. I mean they must melt it down, right, like.
Speaker 3: You can earn a couple hundred bucks from a typical catalytic converter. I just wonder then what happened after you have it, because I wouldn't know what to.
Speaker 1: Do with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, black market and then a couple hundred bucks, is it worth a couple hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean people break into cars for forty bucks, sixty bucks.
Speaker 4: You know what, though, I respect what kids are doing now. They're not busted, will not all, but they're more checking For're more just checking the door, see if it's unlocked.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I respect.
Speaker 3: That scraggy arts pay three hundred bucks per converter, even at a hundred bucks when you turn to even at one hundred dollars each, when you turn ten to them in a week, Oh, that means they know they're stealing them.
Speaker 7: Then, and there's this fascinating They use the precious metals to help scrub deadly and harmful chemicals from combustion engine exhaust, so they need the in That is how someone figures that out.
Speaker 5: I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't understand what you just said.
Speaker 7: Yeah they have, because I'm like, what, like you said earlier, why not make it out of something else? But what these precious metals do is it helps filter it to the the way the exhaust is. These precious metals.
Speaker 1: Precious metals.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that's why they are in the car, so that I didn't know they need whatever those.
Speaker 1: Elements are metals.
Speaker 3: Now my question then is once you steal it and you sell it to somebody, like, how do you reuse it?
Speaker 6: That's a great Maybe you put it on a car. I don't know, but I just just to put it on another I can't come with a car.
Speaker 2: Because I put I googled wire catalytic converters stolen.
Speaker 6: And then one of the researchers comes up.
Speaker 3: Why do searches one of the researches, yeah, one of the or the research.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says, why do crackhads catalytic converters?
Speaker 1: Why crack?
Speaker 6: That's what comes up? Ahead, I think, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't click on. I just like, well click on.
Speaker 3: I do think the answer is for money to buy crack.
Speaker 6: I mean, like, what do they do?
Speaker 1: Wants to buy or buy it?
Speaker 6: It was so funny that that was what came up.
Speaker 2: I just laughed out loud at the headline. So I didn't really look at the other port.
Speaker 1: Can you find out what how it's then taken?
Speaker 7: I think a dodge Ram twenty five hundred catalytic converter goes for four thousand.
Speaker 6: Fight it says.
Speaker 2: Despite public attention on the thefts, this according to the New York Times, little is known about where the stolen metal goes.
Speaker 6: They have no idea.
Speaker 3: Somebody's building a time machine with it or something. Because it sounds like something's up with the precious metals. Yeah, they did enough precious metals cordinaming. Don't attempt to weld your converter back into place. If you're not a competent welder, you could damage your vehicle. So do they have to get under the truck or car it's underneath, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then do they have to go deep into it or is it just there to expose? It's right there.
Speaker 4: But but you're right though, like when whoever's collecting these, they know they're all stolen, right, Like nobody.
Speaker 6: For sure nobody wants nine of them.
Speaker 1: You think they were left in a will.
Speaker 7: Nobody walks in with nine. They probably diversify where.
Speaker 1: They're heads, don't.
Speaker 5: You don't think they can get strategic.
Speaker 1: I think crackheads don't. And then people that are running a shop for the most part, they don't care. They don't care. They just want the precious metround check. They just want the precious f and metal. That's what they want. Yes, how many times you're gonna say that because to be pretty funny to me, metal cops.
Speaker 3: Are looking and I want to do two segments here cops looking for owner of bag containing thirty four pounds of ketamine. So I always think of kettlebells ketamine not the same thing.
Speaker 6: Ket of means what ketamine?
Speaker 3: Special K they put it's a tranquilizer, Isn't that what like a horse tranquilizer? That's what why Matthew Perry, that's yes, yeah, yeah, but humans use it.
Speaker 1: But that's all that's that's all special. What's a drug?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What's also it's they put it in anesthesia stuff, so if you've ever had surgery, it's in there like a Phusiologists will use it in a concoction.
Speaker 1: But then I'm almost positive as special OK the horse? Are you talking about Special K? That's a serial special that's what you say on the street.
Speaker 7: Like when it can used to use the controlled like therapeutic way, like with doctors.
Speaker 5: It's safe. But then some.
Speaker 3: People Special K in the clubs often called Special K names like K super acid cat that Okay, I only know it's Special K Angel does, but is it Mike used on horses like the original Special k Man.
Speaker 1: I would love to see Mike's search history everything.
Speaker 3: I can't wait until Mike, because when we moved into the studio, Mike will have a microphone and he'll be sitting there. He'll be buying me. We're now have to you all the way across the root him. It's a horse tranquilizer. Yeah, I thought so. Really, Yeah, I think my uncle Rick used to have something like because you've had horses.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's how I know ketemine originally.
Speaker 3: But so if if you're a traveler who was recently visiting Doulas Airport in Virginia with a suitcase letter with thirty four pounds of ketemine, US Customs and Border Protection, we'd like to have a little chat with you. Agents discovered the suitcase after we arrived at the airport from Amsterdam and estimate street value of around nine hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: He's in trouble. Whoever this is in trouble for not having it.
Speaker 5: He's already dead.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I mean, you think he on if he's been a good employee, get.
Speaker 3: Her and seller, Neil, you let him slide a little bit, you do probably the first time, whoever the suitcase belonged to, they didn't have the common courtesy to fill out a luggage tag to make it easier to be returned to them w j LA. So this story came out a million bucks in ketemine special case. We used to call on the street.
Speaker 1: Well, Raymundo brought up something to me the other day that I thought was interesting. Ray, Yeah, are you talking about the podcast? Uh huh? Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I was listening to Amy's podcast with my wife and Amy was talking about her daughter's food order.
Speaker 1: But that wasn't the interesting thing. What she kind of gloss Why did you bring it up?
Speaker 5: My daughter in the middle of it?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, right?
Speaker 8: And then just nonchalantly, Amy said that she's had a bowl of special k.
Speaker 1: I don't think she had a bowl of keemy, but she's taking.
Speaker 5: Care of her because it's not what it was.
Speaker 1: Did you eat cereal or take ketamine?
Speaker 5: No ketamine?
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I talked about.
Speaker 5: Yes, what And this is the this is the podcast that.
Speaker 1: She stole a catalytic of her voice. That's how she got the.
Speaker 7: Ques that I co host with a therapist. Because I think that you have to talk about it responsibly. And that's why I didn't go into more detail is because even my therapist friend, while she supported it, and it's my therapist that recommended it, and I'm going I'm doing it through like the under the guidance of a therapist and a doctor, I she didn't even feel equipped to really talk about it.
Speaker 1: So I just well, let's give it a rip. Then she called it a bowl, is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know, no, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, like, Ray dicked this up because I said special K. So he said special K, which is also a serial So he said bowl of special K like a bowl of cereal, which is not the case.
Speaker 1: Ray actually said.
Speaker 3: To me, Hey, Amy was talking about taking kedemenye on our podcast, and I was like, oh, that's interesting because I know people who have also for mental medical and mental health reasons that I've never taken ketamine Special K man the same stuff that Matthew Perry, yes, but cample overdose on lots of stuff yes, that other people take.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Amy, go ahead.
Speaker 5: We feel yeah, well that's how I mean.
Speaker 7: I think that Ray sort of said that I just kind of glossed over it, but it was more of a this is a current process, like a journey I'm on at the moment, so I don't want to speak to it. And if I ever do on a deeper level, I would like to do it with an expert. I'm here to speak about it responsibly because it was horses.
Speaker 5: It could happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you shoot it? Do you needle it? Do you snort it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I smoke it? Do you dig a pill anal?
Speaker 5: No? I stick?
Speaker 1: No, you do that? We got problem?
Speaker 5: No, you put it under your tongue, sublingual. There you go.
Speaker 1: And then do you guys think I'm stupid? I know some terminology?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, that's a terminology. Yeah, when you take it? Do you call it partying? Do you go to your doctor party? That would be a problem.
Speaker 7: Men did take The doctor even said hey, I can call you in a zofran before nausea for nausea, And I said, oh, I'm pretty I don't normally get nauseous. I think I'm good, although I'd never taken that. And the second time I definitely took the zo frame because the first time, when I got done, I came out of it and I just started vomiting.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I took a drug like that, I'd just start humping things like.
Speaker 6: Very like I said, I'm reading about it.
Speaker 7: The amount that you take, and again you have someone watching you. It's like you're aware. It's there's this duality happening, like you're in this other parts of your brain that are very wild and trippy. But then you also had the awareness that you're actually like physically there and you can touch things.
Speaker 5: You're like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sitting a microdosed LSD for crazy trauma create like terrible and they were like as a great thing that ever happened to them, like micro micro.
Speaker 7: The founder of Whole Foods said that he would I mean, I'm paraphrasing, but he came up with the con he took a different life path because of it. I think it was LSD situation, and that's there would be no hopeful foods without that.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you if I I would love to try stuff like this, but I had to get off sleeping pills because I felt like if I take any sort of like drug like this, I'd be humping everything or wagging from public.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: I would be amy it does say it's like LSD PCP, and you're right. Signs of kademy in use include nausea, vomiting, skin redness or flushing, rapid eye, moves my hands behind my back.
Speaker 5: Why do you think that's going to happen? Like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But why I stop taking sleeping pills because I forgot I'd wake up taking a poop in the aisle of whacking off and they'd be like, you're out of here, and I'd be on the news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh no, because I just would lose who I was.
Speaker 3: I would, I would, I don't even remember. That's the only thing in the time I've ever been like blackout. But I was not blackout. I was not like blacked out. I just don't remember. That's blackout. But I was fully functioning. I came to work, I would drive home, put the thing in my thing to drive.
Speaker 1: Off with it. That is ultimate blackout, dude.
Speaker 3: And that's why I don't even know if I pooped a nile whacked off somewhere and somebody just saved me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why that stuff scares me. So I need to be tied up right.
Speaker 7: Well, I went through an extensive, uh like interview process, almost like with the therapist and the doctor, like they make sure to vet all kinds of things. And then this is something I thought about for different times.
Speaker 6: So do you sit in a padded room when you do this or what do you know?
Speaker 5: I'm in her office, like sit laying on it.
Speaker 6: And how long is it? How long does it last?
Speaker 5: She said, My brain likes it, so I stay in for a while.
Speaker 1: Couple hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you sit in that lady's office for hours and you can't drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you need somebody watch you to make sure you don't poop.
Speaker 3: And the alow ye said, so hold on, that's what you do?
Speaker 6: Are you paying this? I mean, what a job?
Speaker 5: No lunchbuck. She's a therapist. She's not just some lady.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying what you do is you put ketamine in someone and you sit there for two hours.
Speaker 7: She's she's there's a music job though there's music, and she's evaluating and she writes down things because sometimes you say something.
Speaker 3: It's also what they're trained to do in case something goes wrong. It's not just them watching it. Like they make their money based on the decisions They make pre and the decision they make during if they need one, and the decisions they make.
Speaker 7: Posts and then yeah, after you talk through like what you saw, think like there's things I've gone back to in my childhood, although some of my stuff is off what stop?
Speaker 1: But he doesn't know?
Speaker 6: Hey, will you ever let me know?
Speaker 2: If you have a K hole experience, that's when it goes bad and you are completely frozen or immobile and sometimes cause psychosis like.
Speaker 7: I had to go to I went to a compounding pharmacy, like it's all legit, Like mine's not not back alleys special k Yeah, right, so we'll see. I think there's just parts of my story that don't They're not just my story.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll put this is why she want to talk with anybody? That specialist keeps going, that's the job I'm wanting. I'm like, are you a K hole?
Speaker 7: I think different types of therapy what people choose to do, Yes, it's personal to them. But I just think there's some people might be like, wait, why would you need to do that? And I think there's parts of my story that are other people's stories too, So I don't talk about them, but they've deeply impacted me. So there's still stuff that I feel like I've worked through, but I need on a dipper level that I just that would make sense if I could say it.
Speaker 1: I have other friends have done it and change your life. Yeah, I have done it. You know, I have to get your word. Worried. Yeah, I'm worried.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm worried.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the two is gonna happen for sure, and I'm gonna happen in the news.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have to ask her about that. Now.
Speaker 1: We won't tell you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, she can't tell me about other people. But I guess I'll be like, do they.
Speaker 1: Train you for that one other thing?
Speaker 3: We're not able to get Jeff. Weren't able to get Jeff Propes for Lunchbox the Survivor thing because he did not come to town.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, oh would have dude, he would have come. He did not come.
Speaker 5: Lunch did the whole thing about it.
Speaker 3: I think the Survivor thing was coming, but he didn't come, or he's not coming, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just I've been telling people for a couple of weeks that I was going to interview Jeff Probes and then.
Speaker 6: Who have you told everybody that watched the Survivor.
Speaker 1: Why would you tell them that? Because I was never what we.
Speaker 6: Said, Well, you said you're gonna line it up.
Speaker 1: No, we never said that.
Speaker 3: We said we would reach out and so that already happened, had already ha, And yeah, he didn't come, so I never heard.
Speaker 6: Anything back after that. It was just like dead. I was like, oh, so they just kind of add to like.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we'll kill your little feet and then we won't even follow up on it. And then the Survivor thing came and went and I never heard him come with.
Speaker 1: It, so he wasn't.
Speaker 6: So now I look like a fool.
Speaker 1: You have some ked me.
Speaker 3: Get over it, all, right, let's let's take a break. The question in the story is do you party with your co workers? But we used to well party and then party with co workers. I mean we used to when we were younger, before families happened. We used to do everything together. We used to vacations together, we used to hang out, and I think that's kind of needed at some point whenever you do something so closely with each other. If we this show got together, now we all did, we wouldn't be able to have done that, nor would we have the bond that we all have now because we were able to do that younger. You know what I mean, there was a lot of time invested, and you just can't do that if you have seventeen other priorities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we could still figure out a way.
Speaker 1: To hear and bring it back. But I tried. Yeah, there's what I mean.
Speaker 6: When would you like to do it?
Speaker 5: You can if you at the time, when you want something, you make time.
Speaker 4: I don't want to, but bones if you said, let's make a week to go party.
Speaker 6: And I tell my well, you guys have that party.
Speaker 5: But we have, we've evolved. We can take a week and go, Like on a cruise, you're just something more relaxing.
Speaker 6: I told I had to go on a cruise.
Speaker 3: Maybe awesome. I might, I might be completely I've never been on a cruise. They could be awesome. I don't not like cruises. I do not like being seasick.
Speaker 1: Motion sick.
Speaker 3: So anytime I'm like, oh, it is not about the cruise. I have friends that have been on cruises, even on this show, that love them, and we don't think we have any sort of cruise sponsorship.
Speaker 1: So I'm not even protecting that.
Speaker 3: I just gets and I got on that boat for breaking Bobby bones, which you can watch on Amazon.
Speaker 1: It's on Amazon. Now that was a smaller boat. I hear you, but it's all see only you were what it.
Speaker 5: Was more roughing it. You were rough, but you were working.
Speaker 3: That's like the biggest boat I've ever been on on the water where it's in the ocean.
Speaker 5: This one you go to the buffet and spat.
Speaker 1: I hear you.
Speaker 3: I hear you, and it very much could be different. But when I hear it, just go on the water. I don't even like going to the beach, Like the water is not my thing.
Speaker 1: Like you're lucky. I take a shower. That's how much I think about the boat.
Speaker 5: Is you get in the water?
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: My point is this whole story was about most people don't party or hang out with their coworkers. Now survey discovered only one of the five people that worked with other people socialized outside of the office. I think are circumstance. So many things that I used to look at as being will use the word unfair. Although I don't really believe in fairness in life as being unfair, I think, actually, we're extremely beneficial to us and even me. Meaning when I started doing radio and I could go back to the very basic, basic level of Hot Springs, Arkansas doing a station by myself in Hot Springs, yeah, I did it by myself, and then lit Rock did it by myself. Austin did nights by myself, and I only went to mornings because they were gonna flip the radio station. The ratings were so bad and They're like, we're gonna flip the station. And I was like, well, I got an offer to go somewhere else, I'm gonna go ahead and jump out. And they're like, well, what do you want And I said, I want to do mornings. So twenty two there's no way they should have given me that job unless they knew the station was gonna tank. And they were like, okay, here you go, and they gave me a contract for fifty thousand dollars and I remember being like, I am rich?
Speaker 1: Is I'm rich? I think I felt more.
Speaker 3: Rich then than any other time in my life because that was the biggest pressure coming off of me as a human being, was you have a fifty thousand dollars a year contract and that is going to be in your check. I was like, oh my god, I don't have to worry every week about just maintaining to the next week.
Speaker 1: And so that's when I stopped living paycheck to paycheck. That was so much money to me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was twenty two twenty three, had never really made over, like twenty eight thousand dollars a year, and they gave me fifty consistency year fifty Yeah, unless.
Speaker 1: I would do like remotes. Oh my god, I was rich.
Speaker 3: I was living it up, except not really. But I started the show, but they gave me no money to hire anybody to be a co host or anything.
Speaker 1: They gave me no money.
Speaker 3: They were just like, all right, go and if you can make this show have decent ratings, then you can stay on.
Speaker 1: It was a one year contract and so I stayed on.
Speaker 3: But I brought in like interns because I couldn't pay anybody Like Jill, the first ever person to be on the show with me, she made no money. When Lunchbox came on for the while, he made no money. Didn't even have a microphone. They wouldn't even pay for an extra microphone in the studio.
Speaker 6: I had to work at Costco.
Speaker 1: He worked at Costco.
Speaker 6: Secondarily, you can know how embarrassing that was.
Speaker 3: So there are all these things that I used to look at as well, that's unfair. All these other people had got to hire real radio people, had actual equipment that worked. But what happened was in that process I was able not only to learn how to do things differently, I had to do things differently to survive, and no one was teaching me how to do it. So anything that I learned was something like a system to create myself. And there was never like consultants. There was never anything. I remember hearing like other radio friends like, yeah, these consultants came in and listened to our show and told us this and this, and like a tenth of me was jealous. Nine tenths of me was like that sucks. I think it's old. It's worthless. If you don't kind of have it instinctually, you're not never.
Speaker 1: Gonna have it.
Speaker 3: But again I was like, oh, they're paying somebody to come and help work on your show. Damn kind of jealous. So then we all start to be like this ragtag group of people that they were paying very little. Amy comes on takes way less money to be part of the show. She had an actual good job selling, granted, like as a real life salesperson.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna come on and do it for a couple of years for fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just so I didn't mind them pay cut because it didn't seem like it did not seem like a long term job.
Speaker 6: I mean, I took a pay cut from Jason's Delhi.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that you're lying about that.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what used to be unfair? We were forced to spend a lot of time together, We had no families because we were twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, and because of all of those circumstances being like they were, quote unquote unfair, it actually made us a lot stronger because of what we had to endure, which means once things got a little easier, we were that much better. So it's the whole mindset of give or read the obstacles the way, like that is really what and I used to be like this sucks. They don't give us anything, But it's really what made the show is nobody giving us anything and me not having to adhere to any radio rules because nobody wanted to spend any time teaching me how to do real radio it, which is like get on and do your thing, and if you swim, you live, and if you drown, you die.
Speaker 1: And so I swam.
Speaker 3: Used to be crazy because people would listen to the show and be like, you guys sound you're unlike any other show.
Speaker 1: You're so unprofessional sounding.
Speaker 3: We like it, and what I try to convince our bosses sometimes now they'll be like, well you need to do like I won't mention.
Speaker 1: Any specific bits. Oh no, well, because they're just torny and fake. They're fake. The bits are fake.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, don't you think listeners because podcasts are such, they're so prevalent, and podcasters just talk like we do normal humans, no good radio voices.
Speaker 1: They just get on a talk where we used to go.
Speaker 3: It used to be like, you're the most authentic sounding but also semi unprofessional sounding show where it works for you. Now it's like if we do anything cheeseball at all, it sounds so fake. And you have all these shows doing all these fake bits. That just sounds like that, and so it's anti what people are trying to do. But anyway, we don't party together anymore.
Speaker 1: But we used to. We vac if we were, if we were number one for a whole year, I would take the Who Show on vacation. Yeah. I missed those times. Never went. That's what I'm saying. I missed those times. Oh you missed them.
Speaker 6: I don't miss them.
Speaker 1: I missed them. But we didn't have kids. There was no family thing. But we would go went to Vegas in Chicago.
Speaker 5: Went to Vegas again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly lunchbox at part of Gamble, so we'd find a reason to go to Vegas. Listening bars are growing in popularity. There's something in Japan called a listening bar. You sit at the bar and you listen to music with headphones. You nod to the bartender when you're ready for another drink, but you may not chat or pull out your phone.
Speaker 1: I dang, that sounds terrible. You just listen. You would like that.
Speaker 3: Now, you listen to what they want you to listen to it and I don't drink. I can do all this at home, but be on my phone. And the most dangerous things to eat and drink while driving hot coffee and a beard doesn't count. I call it because that's that's before you drive hot coffee. Because if you spill it. You react, you can like spin your steering wheel. Breakfast talkco Is Barbecue Food and cream Field Donuts, oh chicken, well, Creamfield Donuts. Probably because if you get on your shirt, then you just show your what and you're trying to get it off, and then all of a sudden, that makes sense, you crash there. Did you guys read the exploding pager story? Yeah? Wild They orchestrated this whole thing, so basically they were able to kill a bunch of Hesibal members with exploding pagers.
Speaker 1: And I read like the three I read like that. You click the read more at the bottom and it opens it up again.
Speaker 3: I did that with that Endddy, I don't do all the read mores, but I with that the story, and Didy, I'll give you this one. Eleven people were killed and around four thousand were injured yesterday when pagers used for communication by the Iranian back militant group Hezbola exploded in Lebanon. The group claimed shortly thereafter that the explosions were part of an attack by Israel, and The New York Times reported yesterday that Israel hit explosives inside a batch of five thousand pagers ordered from the Taiwanese manufacturer gold Apollo. CNN also reported, like yesterday, they didn't learn the operation was a joint effort by the Israeli military and the Massade the Israeli intelligence service. The switch was triggered by a message sent to the pagers, which made them explode simultaneously.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: So they knew where they were buying their pagers for communication, and pagers don't have the same ping that cell phones do, and they could communicate two people, and they went pre buy, put the explosives in them like infiltrate, sold them to them, and then all at once when they had them on, flipped the switch.
Speaker 1: Boom, blew everybody up.
Speaker 3: That is next level war, next level. And if you don't think they could do that to us they wanted.
Speaker 5: To, well, they could do whatever they wanted to, but we don't know.
Speaker 3: But they could do it to phone. They could do anything they wanted to do if they really wanted to. But isn't this a wild story? Like they knew what pages they were using, and again they used pages for the same reason that people use burner phones and movies to not be tracked.
Speaker 4: Caught known right, because they were using cell phones but then they're like, you know what, let's change everything, let's go to pagers.
Speaker 1: And then I guess somebody found out and said we're gonna do this.
Speaker 7: So did they go to Taiwan or they intercept the packages and then remake.
Speaker 1: They won't tell. They won't say exactly how they did it.
Speaker 3: They don't step, they don't they won't line it up, they don't extrapolate little.
Speaker 1: I would assume that you just pay somebody off, have to be and the manufacturing, you just pay somebody off and then you make sure they go where they go.
Speaker 4: But there was an insider like they had to know what when they were buying it, who they were buying it from.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Oh yeah, I think then you pay the right person off.
Speaker 6: Someone flipped me.
Speaker 3: Or someone infiltrated and was ay. We started watching a show called Slow Horses last night. Anybody never heard of it?
Speaker 1: Morgan? Did you not?
Speaker 3: I started it, but I did, I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 1: Is true.
Speaker 6: It was slow.
Speaker 1: It's a horses.
Speaker 3: It's about like am I five, which is the British Special ups CIA, so those everybody has their own version. It's about that and it's about one group of m I five that they're kind of all there. They kind of got a strike or two against them, so they're not kicked out, but they're like put at a lower level. And so we only watched one episode, but you're following them. It looks, it looks to us to be really good. In British what's it? It's English language whatever that is. It's Rotten Tomatoes and British and eight point two on IMDb, a dysfunctional team of I five agents and their obnoxious boss navigate the espionage to defend from sinister forces.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it looks pretty good.
Speaker 3: We're into it, and we're season three of The Killing, which we did Tuesday or Tuesdays yesterday.
Speaker 1: Season three, The Killing is dark. It's better.
Speaker 3: It feels more realistic because it's just going a year later. And TV changed a lot in the past ten years, Like a lot of cheese stuff has gone now in these shows that are the kind of the drama, a lot of the cheap and it's getting less cheesy. But It's Killing. Season one was pretty good. It was just a little cheesy at times because it was made in like twenty ten. Twenty eleven was a little better. But season three Caitlin was like, I need to break because it was getting pretty dark because they're trying to solve murders. And I think season three so far as the best, but it's also the I don't know if we can take two episodes of this.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm having a hard time finding the light stuff, you know, like I search and search. Give me something I can just like, yeah, something because I mean we finished Ted last, that's done.
Speaker 1: They don't make a lot of comedies. They really don't. Have you watched Shrinking? No, I like Shrinking.
Speaker 6: You need to watch that. That's light and it's funny.
Speaker 1: Is that a therapist?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it's the guy from How Much Mother?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jason Jason Siegel and he was in that uh.
Speaker 1: One movie Sarah Forgetting Sarah Martia. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: Okay to get on TikTok. Then I started watching they don't make They don't make as much comedies as they don't make Elementary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, it's a little cheeszy. Okay.
Speaker 2: We started it like everybody talks about it, wins all this awards, and I'm like, I'm waiting for it to be hilarious.
Speaker 1: I think it's like good on network TV, it wins awards.
Speaker 3: I think if it were just a digital streaming show only, it would be considered a bit cheesy. But I think because it has success on network television.
Speaker 1: That's why I think.
Speaker 3: Because again I watch it and I'm like, Okay, this is kind of funny, a bit of reverent, but still not yeah.
Speaker 6: Same, But and I never give up on it because I'm like, it's gonna get hilarious.
Speaker 1: Keep watching it.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, shrinking gets ninety one percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Did you say get on TikTok? Yeah? I got a TikTok. But my wife and I can't watch TikTok together. Okay, but if you're just looking for something fun.
Speaker 5: You can actually put TikTok on your TV.
Speaker 1: Oh and we just swipe. That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 3: But I think that's why they don't make so many comedy movies, because we get so much comedy in fifteen thirty forty five seconds all the time on our phone.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know. I mean, that's my theory.
Speaker 6: What other comedies are out there has to be some good comedy.
Speaker 3: Whenever they make, like a new comedy movie might deal go and be like, it's so refreshing to see, like a good comedy, Like they're hardly any right, probability it is they don't make any money off of it.
Speaker 1: They should put it on TikTok should.
Speaker 6: Oh have you watched Calling from Accounts?
Speaker 1: It's the best? No?
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, is that the re Where do you watch that? You can only watch season one right now, but saying the two is out.
Speaker 6: I think it's on paramount.
Speaker 5: We'll never reviewed this before.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it about it most of us.
Speaker 7: Have, Well, I forgot Colin from Accounts.
Speaker 1: It's about a guy who's why Caitlyn likes it.
Speaker 3: He's like, it's like the same age gap that Kaitlin and I have, and so there's a little bit of that there, which is like twelve years. But also they there's a dog and they have tape. It's just you should watch it. It's Australian though.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they kind of have that accent. I'm not kind did they have the accent?
Speaker 3: There's no kind of, but anything with the British the Australian accent. We turned subtitles on because when they say taking the piss, it sounds which just means, and I've I've now the parallel is busting my balls. I've had to find a.
Speaker 1: Parallel for it. Oh that's not good to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: No, it's not taking up piss. Like if you take the piss out of me, that's like you're busting my balls.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: But I had to find that parallel because it's like making fun of it's something. So anytime they say, ah, are you taking the piss, I go busting my ball.
Speaker 1: So that's tricky, okay, but they have terms like that. But even the old Office did that. But uh, new season of only murders the buildings out. Okay, see that's cool, that's light. I like that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fourth season just came out. I think they're gonna do a fifth and they call it Have you heard that?
Speaker 1: Mike? Really, I don't even know what season four is about.
Speaker 6: I mean, didn't you think season three was a little hokey? I mean it was a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it gets more hokey as it.
Speaker 3: Oh you're watching it, good, Mikey's watching it. I think it's hard to keep a show. That's just amazing. Season one and really so yeah, I did think season three was a little goofy your I still thought it was good, but it's hard to keep going. That's why British shows why they are rated so high and they stay like renowned for so long, because they do two seasons and they're out.
Speaker 1: The British Office did two seasons, they were done.
Speaker 3: They did an occasional like reunion episode or a Christmas episode, but two seasons done, extras, two seasons done. Any of their big shows are for the most part, two seasons and out. They're not so much worried about keeping it on for as long as possible. Preservatives. They're not worried about TV preservatives and just keeping it out, keeping it existing so they can make money.
Speaker 1: They create it. It's amazing. Two seasons done.
Speaker 3: That person who created then gets the opportunity to go to another show for two seasons.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there you go. Two and five.
Speaker 3: Americans at peak stress levels so far peek right now. The average American feels like their head is spend one hundred fifty six times a year from stress. A survey of two thousand adults found that these stress first of all the headaches, and they talk about how if you get a certain level of stress, you start to have stress headaches. I don't think I get stress headaches. I think I get dehydration headaches. I want to put my hair in a ponytail. I get those headaches. I think I get no sleep headaches. Sometimes I think I get one.
Speaker 5: I don't eat kind of stress on your body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair, I guess I just consider stress as like emotional.
Speaker 7: Or stressors that are happening around you, like bad things, sad things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, life, yes, But stresses all things that could happen, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Are happening. Stress can be things that are happening.
Speaker 3: But you're stressing about what could further happen with what's happening. Like stress in general, we're talking about mental stress anxiety. Yeah, you stress about what could happen based on the factors that are available and are happening now.
Speaker 4: Because when you're in the middle of it, you're not really stressing. You're just kind of doing it.
Speaker 3: You could have stressed about it leading up to it, you can be stressing about, but stress itself is about what's happening in the future. Unless you have ten thousand pounds on you and a stressing your body, that that's a physical stress.
Speaker 7: So you don't think you can be stressed in a moment about something that's actually happening at that moment.
Speaker 3: I think if you're active in it, you don't have I don't think that's a I think that is a sort.
Speaker 7: Of like if you're actively practicing gratitude. They say you can't have anxiety at the same time, like it's impossible for your brain.
Speaker 1: I think if you're active in it, you're not stressing out about it. You're trying to do it.
Speaker 3: I think you can be active in it but still stressing out about what the outcome could be of what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You ever read, no, never.
Speaker 4: Mind whatever it is, probably not meditations, No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: I would get I pulled back. I don't even want to is an autobiography of a I do like the way he just goes, no, no, it wasn't that.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that.
Speaker 2: I just he looks at us like I didn't know who am I asking this question to.
Speaker 1: I know, I just didn't want to hear you guys making fun of me. No, no, no, we're not gonna make fun of you.
Speaker 5: I definitely wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's Marcus Aurelius. It was written hundreds of years ago.
Speaker 3: And they have since done so many versions of it that's even easier to read now.
Speaker 1: It'd be like how the Bible was.
Speaker 3: Originally written in Hebrew, or they've englished it up and even made a child friendly. But meditations, it's mostly Stoicism. But I shouldn't. But that's what I shouldn't even asked question.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, you know, is is that like meso stoic I've heard of that.
Speaker 2: I've heard of being stoic a bit different if I don't even know what it's being stoic means.
Speaker 3: I don't either, Like standing up straight, let me read you the definition of No, it's a different kind of stoic, because I don't want to mess this up. But even like the obstacles, the way is written from is a Stoic perspective that's based off Marcus Relis and and meditation. Yeah, Stoicism. There's a philosophy the Flourish and ancient Greece and ancient Rome. They believe that the practice of virtue is enough to achieve a well lived life.
Speaker 1: Okay, it doesn't matter by meditating. No, there's really almost nod. There's no meditation at all. It's not even about me because I suck at that. I tried that anyway, Okay, I think we're down here, right, You're good. I think we're down here. You guys have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We have Keithrowy coming up on Friday, which will be fun. Any think tomorrow that's any good or no? Probably just dirt bag show tomorrow. Yeah, much got tomorrow? Check out there's a new episode Amy. What's your four things tomorrow? See that'll be something forward to.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Oh well, speaking of well, it's going to be an OG episode. So a lot of different things, but some things on OG is like when I first started out, I had four totally different things all the time, and be like Walker Hayes sings this little jingle that goes first thing.
Speaker 5: And then be that second thing.
Speaker 7: And sometimes I do interviews and I'll incorporate you know what foo or four things you're grateful for, and that's how I tie in four things. But this is OG, and so actually there's some things that will help with stress and overall happiness mixed in and even a meditation.
Speaker 5: The fourth thing is a meditation.
Speaker 1: But that's not about the book I was talking about. It's not actually about meditation, but it's called right.
Speaker 7: But it's called that, and I've sent my my cousin leads the meditation. It's only like five minutes, so if you're new to it and you want to try it, it'll just be the fourth things. So at the end you could close your eyes and try to do it.
Speaker 1: She does, she whisper late, No, she just talks.
Speaker 5: That's called Uh, there's like music around.
Speaker 6: Assume that's something.
Speaker 5: It's like something sexual to.
Speaker 1: When you meditate, though, aren't you like so now you close your eyes.
Speaker 3: Meditation is, in my opinion, of the ability to focus on one single thing, so everything else isn't clouding your mind.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what it is. And when other thoughts come in, you release them. But you can meditate on scripture. You could meditate on a thought.
Speaker 2: Is impossible because the one thought I'm thinking is no false sleep, no fall asleep is what calls my eyes.
Speaker 1: I think it's something you get better at.
Speaker 3: I've been better at it. I have kind of a phrase I say over and over again in my head. I don't say it out loud, and then I just try to focus on the only reason. I just think about it over and over again. Is so I can try not to think about everything else. But then all of a sudden, it's like I take it right jab from work, and I left right and then But you.
Speaker 7: Got to acknowledge those and release them. And if you're scared about falling asleep, you should try a walking meditation, or.
Speaker 1: You should try and nap and then do it. All right, we're done, We gotta go. All right, Thank you guys,