Speaker 1: It's the second Date Update podcast, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and today, of course it's Tuesday, which now means it is an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: I just want I just want some comments on this one.
Speaker 1: Worst gift you were ever given by a significant other, you guys.
Speaker 3: Have, Yeah, not the worst, but I definitely remember getting gift cards once and they were empty. I went to spend them and I was with a bunch of friends. I said yeah, yeah, and they were like, there's no credit on Did I just get shamped so embarrassing?
Speaker 2: Did you have to take the stuff back from the counter or did you buy it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I bought it.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: That's not the worst.
Speaker 2: Gift you've ever been given? Empty gift cards?
Speaker 6: Maybe is up there.
Speaker 7: Once?
Speaker 6: Oh that was a gift because I didn't give it back.
Speaker 2: Do you still use it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I my closet.
Speaker 3: I got to use umbrella. That's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we've your worst gifted. The comments here. Comments from earlier this week when we got to like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw one from soph King that said, it's crazy how my sister used to make me listen to you guys in the car and I thought you guys were annoying, and now I listen every day.
Speaker 6: I heard this before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, other people that forced us, and they're like, what is this garbage? And then two days later they're like, did you hear the second day, don't they?
Speaker 1: We like the broccoli of podcasts, like you hate it as a kid, and then once you get older, you're like, this is delicious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we smell a little bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're okay with that. Thanks for your comments, thanks for listening, and shit back and enjoy today's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: When it comes to giving gifts, yeah, they say it's the thought that counts.
Speaker 2: That's such a nice sentiment.
Speaker 6: Okay, sure, But then I buy everyone personalized coffee mugs for Christmas, and then suddenly you're all mad at me because they cause fires when you put them in the microwave. So I'm sorry, which one is it?
Speaker 7: Mine's a decorative order and I think it's hand washed, only to.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's not good enough for you all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: I mean, you did kind of mail it.
Speaker 6: In personal coffee. They can't be watched.
Speaker 1: It said my full name, but it said it be I mean, any I just.
Speaker 6: Know one of our listeners brought a gift to his date with a special lady, and her response historic that he gave it wasn't a mug and the reaction I don't even think was as bad as the reaction I got from my gift. You're gonna find out what it was and why he turned to us for an awkward Tuesday phone call because this is much much bigger than a regular second date. We're gonna make that call coming up right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. I've never personally matched with somebody on Instagram, but I've heard that people do do that. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and one of our listeners named Davis matched with a lady on IG two years ago.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean to be fair, Jeff, you probably don't remember what your password is, so you probably have.
Speaker 6: You have it for me? Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't keep that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I would go to it, but that department doesn't exist here anymore. Yeah, so I'll figure it out someday. Back to Davis. Two years ago, he took a chance, asked a girl out on IG whoa and nothing happened. Okay, so that puts him in the ninety nine of guys who DM ladies with no answer.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't even open it, right, It goes the request folder, hidden requests, or just the blocked area.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so many options to avoid men. It's amazing. But our producer insists that this story is different really, and he implored me to have Davis on the show to tell us what happened and explain why he deserves an awkward Tuesday phone call today. So I obliged. Davis, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for having me Guys, dude, we're so invested already in your story.
Speaker 2: What a setup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I'll dive right in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Like you guys said, you know, I met her about two years ago or on Instagram. We started talking and we matched.
Speaker 6: You were talking, Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked a little bit. I got her to agree to go out on a date with me, but we couldn't figure out schedules or time, and eventually one day she just left me on red.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're saying match like you just follow each other without every She's just a random person you don't match on insteads.
Speaker 5: No, it's soul meeting follow Yes, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he commented on a bunch of her picks, and she finally followed.
Speaker 6: Right, that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So two years later, I still follow her and I'm seeing her pick a lot, like she's still so cute, and I decide, you know what, I'm going to try and reach out again.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she left you on read, but you could still see your photos, so that's a positive side.
Speaker 5: Right, So she says, why not, I'm single, Let's try it.
Speaker 1: Oh okaynt I love a why not answer?
Speaker 6: We'll take it. I've got literally nothing else going on in my life. Sure, I finally hit rock bottom? Why? And what's this beautiful Instagram girl's name?
Speaker 5: Samantha?
Speaker 2: Samantha Samantha's are always hot. Oh yeah, it's just in makes sense? Okay, So did you guys finally go out?
Speaker 5: We went out on three dates. Oh. Our first two dates were really good. She's a lot of fun, she seemed to like my company. And on our third date, you know, I was feeling really good, maybe too good about it, and this is where I screwed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, set the scene. Where were you?
Speaker 6: What were you doing?
Speaker 5: Okay, first, I just want to say, like I work in tech, I work with AI programs a lot and things like that. Okay, we're hanging out at my place. She goes to the bathroom and when she comes back, I had a book out on the coffee table waiting for kind of like a scrap book type thing.
Speaker 1: Nothing too fancy, this scrap book type thing.
Speaker 5: So I basically made an AI scrap book of our life together over the next forty fun Oh wow, but you get it.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the other sea word creepy.
Speaker 1: Can you describe some of these photos for us, because maybe it's not as bad as we're thinking.
Speaker 6: What was the scrap book?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing is that I did do like future vacations like us in Mexico with dolphins jumping over.
Speaker 6: Us AI dolphins.
Speaker 5: I thought it was funny. It was obviously AIA, so it.
Speaker 2: Was meant to be a joke. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: It was going for funny, not yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: At one point there's an AI like of her in a delivery with our first baby.
Speaker 7: That's what we were worried about.
Speaker 6: Are the dolphins jumping over the delivery room that too, because that would be.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, what were you thinking? Why would you put any woman in the delivery room?
Speaker 5: I thought she'd be laughing, but she looked more shocked than anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you just told us what you did, none of us have even thought of that before. That's a mind blowing thing. To actually see it would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Did she run from the apartment?
Speaker 5: So she did say she was like, wow, you put a lot of effort into it, but it wasn't like a happy tone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So this obviously was a big mess up. And I never got to explain that this was like all meant as a joke, and she hasn't responded to my text and this is like over ten days now.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you you think maybe she took it like a little bit too seriously than you wanted her to take it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Why weren't you able to explain it's a joke.
Speaker 5: I think I was so mortified after like her response of like, oh, you put a lot of effort into this up. Yeah, okay. I'd just like to tell her like, hey, I didn't mean this to be creepy, and maybe get some advice on how to say it.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is what you want to do with the awkward Tuesday. We're reaching out to Samantha here, hoping to walk back a little bit of the damage that you've done.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 2: That is that is so hard.
Speaker 1: I feel like you missed your opportunity to tell her it was a joke. I feel like if you tell her now, she's going to just assume you're saying that because she was freaked out by it.
Speaker 6: Sounds like advice is lean harder into it like I was super Si. There's way more pictures if you want to. I'm just like, gotcha.
Speaker 2: I just think it's going to be harder than you think.
Speaker 6: Well, we're going to work on how to give you the best advice we could possibly come up with. I came and then call your What did she Say's not even your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: No, just a girl he's talking to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the girl you're talking to that future wife. We have pictures your possible future wife and let her know the AI scrap book wasn't meant to be serious. We'll do it in your AWK for Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We've got a tech Wuhiz on the phone with us today named Davis, who recently used his super AI powers to scare a woman that he just started dating. That's not wrong, Oh man, he didn't mean to, No, he did. It was all meant as a joke when he made an AI scrap book that showed their future life together over the next forty years. Again a joke. The good news is it wasn't on the first date that he did this. He waited till the third date.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Means that the pictures of her, the AI photos of her in the delivery room, should have been so funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now it has been ten days since then, and she did seem a little bit freaked out by some of the photos that he showed her. So, I mean, David, would you say that that's accurate?
Speaker 5: And that's accurate? I mean, I think the one that got to the most was our wedding day and I photo shopped her parents into it.
Speaker 6: Oh God, you hadn't heard about the wedding photo.
Speaker 7: You haven't even met her parents, have you?
Speaker 5: No? I mean I found him on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, oh yeah, that's where you met.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, Well that's fair. So now you just need a couple pieces of advice before we call Samantha and try to explain to her it's not as serious as it seemed. And yeah, so what do you think he should do?
Speaker 2: This is a little bit of a white lie. But you just tell her that your other nerd coworkers.
Speaker 1: Were like, all make it them for their girlfriends, and their girlfriend thought it was so funny. You got carried away. You realize that you know your you're not together yet and it was too much too soon.
Speaker 6: So sorry, bully yourself by calling you a nerd.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure I'm sure you would consider yourself a nerd.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh yeah, no, I'm a big nerd.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jose what's your advice?
Speaker 7: Well, you told us in the first part that you froze up when you were with her. You need to feel and sound confident here, so right now, with all the confidence in the world, tell me what is the one thing you like most about yourself?
Speaker 6: With confidence? But I'm on the spot.
Speaker 5: Come on, brother, I can tickle myself and laugh, and I don't think other people can do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, can tickle yourself and laugh?
Speaker 1: I will it.
Speaker 2: I'm funny. Maybe just do I'm funny to say you're.
Speaker 6: A nerd again, that gives him confidence. Let him be confident in the things that he likes. All right, so we're running out of time, but remember you're a nerd, but you're a confident nerd. So here we go with a good sense of humor, a dollar number, and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. Good luck man.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, Samantha, it's Davis.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 5: Hey, So I just I was trying to reach out a few days ago, and I just wanted a chance to maybe talk with you about our last date.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Well, I think you maybe got the wrong impression about the book that I made.
Speaker 4: Well why do you feel like I felt that way?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean your general reaction to it and demeanor afterwards seemed very uh, scared creeped out.
Speaker 4: You're not far off. I was a little weirded out.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing. Like, I'm a I'm a big nerd, and a lot of my my nerd friends who work at my nerd place I had done stuff like this with their girlfriends, and I may have jumped the gun.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I know you weren't my girlfriend, but they thought it was very funny with them, and I thought it might be funny for us, and I might have nerded a little too hard.
Speaker 4: When you first showed me the book and we were looking through it, I initially thought it was creepy, and thinking about it days later, still creepy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm I'm kind of like a tech nerd type thing. And one of those ways to show it to you was was to make that for you.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I appreciate that, but I didn't really know how to take it. So I would home and ask my girlfriends about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did your friend say? What was their feedback?
Speaker 4: I got really big and they started saying things like, no way, why are you dating Hannibal? Like you just throw the book at him in rhymes.
Speaker 5: I feel like that is a fair response after I got to relook at everything. But at the same time, I feel like you could also say I'm very confident to have shown that to you.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't get that image out of my mind, just of how ugly our future children will be.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, what how ugly the AI faked children were With.
Speaker 4: That picture you showed me. It put fear in my mind that this is what my actual kid is gonna look like like monsters. Obviously I'm not a mom. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would not be able to look at my daughter and super into bate.
Speaker 6: That that's a sound effect that we played off of our board here, because yeah, I did the sound effect. Yeah, much older technology. Because you're on the radio right now with the show called Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: David, you gotta be kidding me. You got me on a radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So I mean you aren't answering any of my messages. And to go back to that, like this is an AI program, it's not one hundred percent accurate.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Well I'm hoping it's a lot less than one hundred percent here.
Speaker 4: I know that it's AI and that it just personally, do not think that I would be able to live with the fact of that image of my minding. This is what my kid is going to look like?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, But what you're missing, because you're not a mamia, is that mothers are blind to how cute their babies are.
Speaker 2: We all think our own children are cute. It's just like it's biology.
Speaker 6: It's just how it works.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't see these children like I did pop Well Mossi children. They are ugly.
Speaker 2: Georgia's babies.
Speaker 1: But I kind of understand where you're coming from, Like, if we do, it'd be a hard image to erase.
Speaker 2: It's like I never tried on a wedding dress before.
Speaker 1: I actually was engaged because I didn't want to see what it looked like.
Speaker 2: It freaked me out.
Speaker 7: As a mission, I'm like, we're going to try our hardest to make kids that aren't looking like that.
Speaker 6: He just keep making kids until they don't look like that. Yeah, you have a lot of choice over I understand.
Speaker 4: Did he show you the picture? Did he show you the whole boy? No?
Speaker 6: No, I'm kind of glad that he didn't.
Speaker 4: I say, the freakiest thing was was my six year old son's creepy looking smile.
Speaker 6: Oh oh smile.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. His name is Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Wait makes it worse.
Speaker 6: Don't name that, Okay, that was a joke that he was making.
Speaker 2: Did you just name your AI children?
Speaker 5: I mean I did name them, but they're not real.
Speaker 3: Something or could fix.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think at the end of the day, we all think that Davis seems like a sweet.
Speaker 2: Guy who was really into you.
Speaker 6: The gesture fell flat. He admits that he knows.
Speaker 7: He did one thing bad if you think about it other than that.
Speaker 6: But if we're good, right, Davis?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it? What say?
Speaker 6: Okay? Yeah? And when I'm not sure during these segments what should happen next? I always go to our expert Alexis on what she would do in this situation. Leaving god Lexus, I don't know. Did the scrap book?
Speaker 3: Have your next date planned so.
Speaker 6: You know where you should go?
Speaker 5: That's a great idea. What if I make you a new book of just us going on AI dates? No kidds.
Speaker 6: I like it. Actually I kind of do too.
Speaker 7: You just got to get the kid image out of her.
Speaker 6: Head, Samantha, what do you think about that idea?
Speaker 4: Come on, I would be willing to go on another day if you just leave AI out of it.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Think that should be a good theme for all dates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, forever.
Speaker 6: And we normally don't promote book burning on this show. We can make an exception for this one time.
Speaker 2: The only book that should be banned, Yeah, this one.
Speaker 6: You guys, destroy it and make new dreams for your future.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm all in.
Speaker 6: David says, yeah, we know, what do you think about talking this out with Davis off the air? What We'll end this call and you too can hash it out.
Speaker 4: We can have a conversation.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's all we care about it, all right.
Speaker 5: And Samantha, I didn't tell you some of the best parts about me. I could tickle myself.
Speaker 6: We didn't like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm intrigued. A few secret talents on my own.
Speaker 6: Okay, to it, they are perfect. That might be the most shocking than we thought. All right, let us know how that conversation goes ners together.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,