Speaker 1: He he shoeing shame.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my bro Flames.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with him love launds. Baby, you better catch the way. You can't drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests? Yeah? You know? She ready to shine towns on speaking to the grown a second, we gonna come kicking and at the end we leave it with just a list of spirits. But do you want to revisit? So your first second listen Jill, folks for your slip. Oh fucking we dig it? Good.
Speaker 1: I don't this?
Speaker 3: Do what you do?
Speaker 1: I know this? Do what you do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: This do what I do?
Speaker 2: Hey. Hey, this is comedian Flame Moro and welcome to season four episode for of Laugh and Learn with Flame Monroe and Bobby Clifford. He she we how you too?
Speaker 3: Why are you toots? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh Bobby, it's been a whirlwind of a week. Oh my god, I've done What did I do? That'st week? I did the talk and then I did don Lemon great, thank you, and then I got a little controversy behind the donal Lemmy interview. So it's been a week, but I'm telling you it's been productive. And this weekend I'm so looking forward to going to traveling to the Dominican Republic for Coco, my girlfriend, Coco Bankcardia, his fiftieth birthday. Okay, so I'm excited about that, but I'm glad to be here with you, my darling. How's everything. How is your week?
Speaker 3: It's going okay, It's we're like ending spring, getting ready for summer. So here in New England, I feel like it's ninety today. Last week it was in the fifties, sixties. We seem to go to a summer in a blink of an eye. Your body can't catch up, but you also have your little energized you know too, a little stroll today. It was really nice. So I haven't been doing anything soun like you. I didn't have an interview with Don Lemon, and there should be no It was a solid interview. I loved it, very professional. He looks great, he seems to be doing well. He bounced back after the x Baco and the CNN stuffle.
Speaker 2: That Severan's pay was his friend. And you will get the chance to sit with with him, because I've already asked him to sit with us on leaf and learn to interview, so and he agreed to it. He just we just got to fit it into his schedule, okay, So he'd be willing.
Speaker 3: So he'll be willing to do the politics and stuff. That'll be fun to have somebody on.
Speaker 2: Oh that's oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: What he's looking for. I actually would be. My question would be what do you want to see in the fall if Biden gets a second term? What are you hoping? And vice versa. So oh great, yay, so oh see, you're even bring any better news. I'm clicking my heels.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's been it's been a week, Bobby. I had a great time with him. I'm looking forward to going to the Dominican Republic this weekend because I need a vacation and to get away from my.
Speaker 3: D You really do, actually you do? You need to reach much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to write and enjoy and lay out my get a son hand and a couple of other things. But we'll see.
Speaker 3: You haven't been on a vacation and it's always got work involved, I don't think since I've known you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is no, a lie. Yeah, this is all me, just laid out. I could just lay out and get a Sontan, but I'm still going to have to come back to the United States to see what kind of drama we in. And since we're talking about our wonderful country, Bobby, what are we going to start at? Who do we lose? This week?
Speaker 3: Lost Larry Allen. He was Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl champion. What's notable about him is that he was only fifty two years old and he passed away while on vacation. Kind of sad with his family in Mexico. So he was He's in the In twenty thirteen, he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, so that was pretty sad. And the other thing that I'm really sad on it's not a death, but you could be taken this way is Ciddy Laupper is having her farewell tour and I'm kind of sad about that. I hope that it's just for concerts. And like I loved her in Kinki Boots she wrote all music. I hope she's still going to work because she's so clever. And then you had an anniversary you wanted to talk about didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Today is the thirtieth anniversary of Sister at two. I watched so many of the cast members We will be Goldberg on the view today, Shirley, Ralph, Tanya Blunt who's from Chicago, who I know personally, and so many other other cast members on there, Kathleen the Jimmy, who I absolutely adored.
Speaker 3: I do too, isn't she Oh?
Speaker 2: She is just the funniest lady ever. And it was just really good to see all that. And I love that so many of them are still alive, you know, to talk about this thirty years lady, you look back and you're like wow. But sometimes it looks like I can remember everything that we were doing because I can remember things that I did thirty years ago, and I'm like, I can remember everything that happened that they on set and MOVA. So it's fun to have those memories. I hope I never lose my memory. I may lose a whole lot of other things. I hope I never lose my memory.
Speaker 3: I'd like to lose a little weight, but you know, I think that music does that to us. So that it was full of fun at the acting portion, but the music was so great and I've said to you, we're the same age. Ish will say, you know, thirty nine in my age, and you will. Something will happen and I start to sing a song in my head and then all of a sudden, you know, because you're doing the live, you'll start to sing the same song. And I'm thinking, oh my god, it's that sunny, you know, you know same, We have a like experience. So I love that. That must have been a lot of fun. I taped it. I'll watch it later.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to say, I'm sad to hear that Jlo's tour was canceled for low ticket sales. I think a lot of eveness.
Speaker 3: Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think a lot of major celebrities people. That shows you the crisis of finances actually in this country for the common man and woman, you know. And it's not that people are broke broke, but people are holding on to what they have because the state of the nation is so tea toatter is is the word I want to say say, because you don't know, you don't know from day to day what's going to happen, So a lot of people are really trying to hold on to some of their money. Now I'm saying that what it's saying that Trump got thirty four diatments last year, but in like four or five days he raised two hundred million dollars. According to the media.
Speaker 3: He raised I think I haven't written here somewhere he raised in may A loone one hundred and fifty one million. I mean, it's that the saddest thing you ever heard. Now, I didn't know it was low ticket sales I got. So I have two pieces I got because we've heard all this massive that there's something going on in the marriage I got. I think it speaks to the Also, though the price of ticket sales claim. When I was a kid, you could go for like twenty five bucks, fifty bucks, you got to shake their hand. Now they're hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Taylor swifts are ten thousand.
Speaker 2: For the love of God, so ijil, I think, yeah, I'm sorry, Bobby. I think Jalo's prices were a little excessive. They were Live Nation was paying her supposedly ninety million dollars for a Vegas reside for ninety shows, which is a million dollars a show. But I'm going to say this and this is no dig at Jlo. Because I love me some Jlo in the movies, but when I'm writing in a car with friends, I've never heard nobody say, oh, let's play some Jlo. I just have never heard that.
Speaker 3: I think I feel like not comparing there too closely to Beyonce. I feel like they're both. I do say that with Beyonce though, with the music, she's a hell of an entertainer. So I think that the residency that would be something that I would be willing to go. I'm not going to pay a thousand dollars for it, but I think you're right. I know exactly what you're saying. So that that said, and then I feel like we have to almost get into the meat of it. One of the last things that I had heard this afternoon. I've had a kind of a world one day, so I haven't been able to spend too much time on catching up was I can't believe this is happening again. But in the midst of his trial, Hunter Biden, the Republicans now want to bring charges criminal charges against him and President Biden's brother James for what they said lying during the impeachment inquiry. I'm not quite sure what they're lying about. I mean they have been. They have looked every which way from Sunday to put president bad and get some charges. They haven't found anything. I don't know what he possibly could have lied about, but I am I have to tell you, I'm getting this week. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm hormonal or lack of hormones. I am getting a little discouraged. I still think this is the best country in the world to live, but that's not saying so much right now with all the nonsense that's gone on, and I'm just a little disappointed. I feel a little hopeless today.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I'm telling you, Bobby, I love my moments of today, but I'm like, oh my god, what are we going to do? I feel like sometimes when I watch the news, and sometimes I don't want to watch the news. But you know, we're in the business of watching the news, not because we do the podcast, but because we're Americans. We want to know what is happening in our world. But oh, some days I feel exactly the same way, Bobby, like I'm so discouraged with something that it looks like I have absolutely no control over. I think that's what it is because in my head, I think I know the answers that I can show the weight, but I'm not in any kind of position of power to say, hey, let's look at it this way. We tried it that way. I don't know, is this.
Speaker 3: And enough of the political stuff? I mean, Trump had the thirty four indictments and he did do it. I mean, the receipts were there. He did it. But do we necessary We've talked on this on prior podcast. Do we necessarily need to bring this case at this time with the world knowing that the outcome is going to be so silly, it's going to be probably Finds and Cohen. You just giving him the fines as an asside, do we have to do the cost? And all he did was, as you just mentioned, get fifty four million in a twenty four hour period. And now we're talking about men of color. They're they're interviewing on the street and they feel like they've got some sort of something to identify with them, which is supposed person.
Speaker 2: And as a trans woman, I believe that I secretly, this is my opinion, I believe that black men are secretly supporting Donald Trump because I don't know if he represents if it's the gangster in him, or is it the defiance in him, or is it I'm going to do it my way or it's not going to get done. I think that they believe that he is speaking a language that resonates to him. The sad part is you're causing damage to yourself. If you ask for me my opinion, you're voting against yourself. I don't vote against me. That they do that in sports bet against me, and to me, voting for him is betting against me. I'm not going to bet against me because I'm a winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't in my opinion, just because somebody has been sent a trial and it might not have been a big case. We're talking as far as identifying he still is guilty of all of it. His experience is still vastly different than yours. He had the best of the best attorneys that were handed to him, probably at no cost of his own private dollar, you know, which is actually what got him in trouble with all this stuff. Had he just reached into his pocket paid the hush money to her, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he didn't want to pay for it. Himself. So it's all. But I just feel like the whole Hunter Biden thing, where maybe it was a sweetheart deal, it wasn't a sweetheart deal in the back of his dad. But I just feel like this is where we're at. An admitted attict who said he had nothing but problems. He already paid all the fines and did everything, and now we're dragging up. So today, the third day on the trial, the ex wife comes and she says that she wasn't too bad, but she said that she was aware in twenty fifteen that he had a problem. She'd gotten twenty fourteen. They might have been one because remember he both of Biden's sons were in the military. He exited in twenty fourteen from the Navy, and she had found paraphernalia, she never saw him doing it, blah blah blah. And then there was, you know, on the cross examination of that FBI agent, she couldn't she couldn't verify that Biden did what he actually claimed he was doing during the Texas and stuff. And then the ex girlfriend comes and says she bought in drugs, and it just dragged it all up for everybody to see. And I swear it's for nothing more. It is political, but definitely to embarrass Biden. And he's kind of come out. He came out last week and said, you know, as I'm the president, but I'm also a dad. He said in Jill and I love her son, and we're so proud of the man that he is today. And I said, you go like you stand up your kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I love that he will. He does because we always holler and separating church and state. I love that he separates that, yes I am the president and yes this is my son, but this is also a regular citizen, and that he does wrong, he will have to face the consequences. Now do I think that he'll get a little more special treatment than other people because he is Joe Biden's son, Well, of course I do, just like I expect Trump's children and Trump to get special treatment because they were put in those positions. But I love the fact that Joe acknowledges that, no, we're not perfect, and my kid isn't perfect, and if he does something wrong, I have to acknowledge that. But they're doing anything and everything that they can bobby to cloud the American people's perspective of President Biden. Because you know, they want to make him look bad, they want to make him look incompetent, They want to make anything. But Hunter Biden was never the president. Hunter Biden wasn't in a position working at the White House where he made decisions or choices. He wasn't. So y'all got to stop looking at that. You got the look at who was a Bonika Trump and the Trump Boys. He was never in those positions. I believe it because as a parent, Joe knew exactly who his son is. I believe that he knew exactly who his son is. And no, I don't need you around this. You got your own life. I'm gonna covet you and take care of you, but I don't need you in here my professional life. And I respect him for that. I think a lot of people put that off and miss that.
Speaker 3: It is. And with people that have addiction, what we're can do is we can support them and tell them that we love them, but we can't step in their way. Sometimes some of our I mean, you've seen this throughout your life, some of our biggest falldowns. We get the best information from that, you know. It's how we rise up, It's how we learn and he isn't this drug addiction if twenty fourteen, if she's rise, this was happening at the end of his vice presidency. So in let's remember everybody, I think he's in his mid fifth now, he was. He was also a grown ass man in his mid forties. He wasn't. Joe Biden was not responsible from at this point. He had his own wife and children and a children, have a child here and a child there, and so yeah, I just it's just messy. It's and again we say this every single week. Claim what are we not talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say this taking much prices was around me. I might have got pregnant too, because Hunting was found when he was a little younger. Let's just talk about it. Hunting was good looking.
Speaker 3: Before the stress. He was before this stress he was. And that's another thing that that that's a father knows. So this is what I've said about RFK, And I can appreciate that he has been clean and sober for many years, but being in the in the White House, these are high stress, high pressure positions. I am sure Joe even if a hunter could have handed you know, mentally could have handled it intellectually is what I mean, not mentally it would it might have been too much for him. Yeah, he was. He was hands of all this pressure over the past three years. That poor guy has aged like ten years. But it's it's when you're when you've admitted you had a problem, you got help for the problem, you resolved the problem, you paid your fees. How much more can we can we beat him down? They had the guy that sold him them, that sold him the gun and said he did come in and he did sheck and he even said to him, make sure you don't make mistakes. But he also said he didn't appear to be impaired. Yeah, like, how are they going to prove in twenty eighteen? You know the ex girlfriend did say up till September, I don't know when the gun was purchased, that you knew that he did use drugs. And here's the other thing. Having addicts in my family, they never think that they're an avenue in the beginning until.
Speaker 2: I don't know, as Americans, I think that we forget or as people period some days you don't want to get out of bed, and that's nothing that you're sick or you you don't some days you just don't want to do nothing. As the president of the United States, you don't have the luxury of having those days. And he is not twenty five years old, he's not fifty's eighty he's eighty.
Speaker 3: No, he's eighty one. Yeah, he's eighty one years old. And I have said to you, I think if we had a better option, I don't think he would have run. I think he would have happily hinged over the reins. But because nobody else is stepping up or has a chance about going head to head with Trump, I think he feels like he had to stay in I think he'd like to go around and stay with his grandkids and his great grandkids. That will probably happen because he had a granddaughter that got married last year or the year before. Yeah, I mean, the verdict can come and as quickly as two weeks. Usually a first time offender won't get like the full If they did convict him, he faces up to twenty five years in prison though, and seven hundred and fifty dollars and seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars and fines. So it is we get a lot of first this time around. How you don't usually it's with Trump. It's the first time in the history of American history. Child of the.
Speaker 2: City is what somebody else did over the president. Because none of these are Joe Biden's issues. These are his children's issues, you know, And we're not responsible for everything that our children do. But he is the president of the free world. He got a lot of responsibilities. Okay, Prayers to the Biden family and to Hunter Biden. You know, I don't know. I don't know all the ramifications of what has happened with Hunter, but I like Hunter, I like well, I like the Biden family. I like family.
Speaker 3: Let me just say that because they're decent. They're all decent people, and they all love each other. It's a family that gets along. I'm sure they have their squabbles, don't get me wrong, I don't. I don't want to know things that have happened. Everybody can keep those comments to yourself. But the appearance that they give is that they all love each other and they support each other. And I love that Joe Biden has integrity and has stepped out and said what happens happened. He was a grown man and he's not going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and before you get in. Yes, Joe Biden is not perfect. He did sign the the bill about Stephen Frisco. He did that, but none of us are perfect.
Speaker 3: None of us was the best at the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was the best at the time. Bobby, I'm not going to agree with that. As a black person, I'm not going to agree that it was the best at the time.
Speaker 3: No, I understand, but it was. Well, sometimes it's the best they put out. These are two options. Once sucked and this was the best.
Speaker 2: This is what I mean. But I think that being that that crimes bill, I think that it should have been reviewed a little deeper. But he didn't know that he was going to be the president of the United States one day. I know he wanted to be, but he probably thought that he would probably never be. So we have all made mistakes. I'm not It's not like, oh I forgot. I didn't forget. But like Bobby said, we only have two options, and I'm only I'm choosing the option that seemed like it works for me.
Speaker 3: And he's presidential, so you know, between the two options. He doesn't talk poorly about anybody he's come even I don't know if you've noticed this. He's cut out and done a few ads about you know, Trump's campaign, and they've been negative, and it's it doesn't quite sit right with me because it's not him, do you know, Like it's not You can see he's uncomfortable about it, but he has no choice because he's got to He's got to reach these young people somehow. And I don't know how. I don't know how that's going to happen. Well, I don't know how it's going to happen. You know. He came up with the immigration today or yesterday, and that's another hot friggin mess. So the squad is mad, you know, the progressives are all mad at him. The ACLU is going to take him to court because he's putting people at risk. What about the Americans that are at risk? Well, and he had to do something. He sat on his hands for three years waiting for the bill to pass, somebody to come up with something better. At this point, we're in crisis mode.
Speaker 2: Something that the Republicans brought to the table that he was ready to go on with. But then y'all allowed the last administration to get in your head to make the bill go somewhere else, I'm telling you we are. It is so crazy. But Bobby, unfortunately, I think that we are going to have to learn the very hard way.
Speaker 3: And I agree it's and maybe that's what every country, you know, like you kind of hit a point and every country has to has to you know, have some speed bumps. But I'm hoping something. I mean, this at least stops stops the bleeding end twenty five hundred. He doesn't have a restriction, and I don't know if that. I think people are concerned about this because it could be it could get dangerous. He doesn't have a restriction on miners who are unaccompanied because they're they're nervous that a the parents will send the kids all over by themselves on purpose now because it's not going to be stopped. And what I heard one of the talking heads today, one of the GOP talking heads, and I thought, they will have to figure out a way to vetit is some of the cartels with human trafficking might send these girls seventeen and under under you know, over the line, and so we're gonna have to figure they're going to figure out that he's.
Speaker 2: A bag of yuck because you know, young girls they're going to they're going to take advantage of those girls and destroy their lives and destroy their innocence, and just so it's so much, it's too much to unpack right now, Bobby, Let's go to uh ooh somewhere else.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back up so I can tell you what he oh, I just went by, So what he is doing. He's been so the US trying to China trade wars and kind of heating up with EV cars, which is you know, President Biden has been pushing for emissions at reasons. I know you've had you've got to hybrid yourself, and you've had you've got issues with it. But he wants, you know, he wants American evs to be used, not Chinese, and he's putting one hundred percent tariff on Chinese EV's that are coming over. So he's targeting eighteen billion worths of these imports. So he you know, we have been getting along very well with China. China hasn't be getting along very well with us. So it's a way to kind of sanction. People are not going to be happy, but we're gonna we're going to have to have some sort of blood loss on on consumer side, because we really have to get off these Chinese products. They break anyway.
Speaker 2: Fresh.
Speaker 3: Some are good and some are not not.
Speaker 2: So some of the science that they made in China, I don't guess, some that they made in th h E and A.
Speaker 3: China. Yeah, so some people feel it's kind of a symbolic move, but he's letting China know we're coming. You know, we're not going to put up. He had all those text credits from the Chips Act and the Inflation Reduction Act. So I'm hoping that somebody, you know, with these unique cars kind of kind of picks up the torch and keeps going, oh god, you know, we have to talk about and I really do it.
Speaker 2: But they want it. They want it's they.
Speaker 3: Wanted so Trump. So the Court of Appeals granted emotion for Fannie Willis. The judge who initially heard the case earlier this year, did feel that there were issues with her relationship, but felt they could be remedied, which they were by the partner. I'm blinking on his name right now, resigning what she did. So now it's coming forward again and it will be reviewed and we'll see where that's going to go. I think that this judge is just she's just looking for anything that she possibly can.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: The same with the Jack Smith that canon, she's looking for anything she possibly can to try to delay these these cases. In fact, the one that's canon is overseeing is she has postponed it indefinitely. She has not come out with any type of date, so we have no idea. We obviously it's not going to happen before the election. At this point. She is trying to see if they can remove I don't know if she is under somebody's influence or if she's terrified on making some sort of mistake on that subversion case, but she is allowing there to be a day and a half hearing that third parties can come in and put their two cents in to see if he is if he is fit to be to still.
Speaker 2: Be hear as younger about dirty politics. When I tell you that we don't have to hear about it, it's right in.
Speaker 3: A face, it's right all over, and it's not one thing like so that's exactly dirty Polo. That was the Watergate. Remember that was one thing that was going on. There weren't nine hundred and twenty everywhere you turn it's nothing. And that's what it's making me sad about Joe, because he is going to have to turn to not necessarily dirty, but dirty than he's just doing. I don't like that. I like to go high and the go low, and you know, like I.
Speaker 2: Like all that, Sometimes you got to get real low. I know somebody who went load this morning. Sometimes you got to get real low. And the first debate's coming up on June and twenty seven, and as much as I'm looking forward to it, I need Joe to be Chris like you always tell me I want. I want sharp flames. You need Joe to be concise. I need every punch to to have impact. I need every word to strike a chord. Yep. But you know it, whoo, it's shaky. Let me say that, I don't know if it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: I mean they say it, everybody says it's going to happen, but I don't know, especially well, he's not going to be he's not going to be sentenced Trump yet. Like it's depending on what happens with him too, right, But somebody was talking about they want to bring U Joe in and have him have him looked at because oh the Wall Street Journal Murdoch's little baby, you know, and you know whose pocket Murdock is. And they had they had forty five people interviewed GOP as well as Democrats about Joe's sanity, sharpness, ability to do the job. And I was listening to it on the radio, so I didn't. I came in like one beat late from forgetting the the Democratic senator's name, and he's so the article had only the GOP side and that he's old, and that he's he's out of the job and he can't. And so this Democratic senator said, we all were in and we spoke to we were just in a meeting, and it was so multifaceted, faceted and so complex, and anybody other than Joe coming and coming in because of his fifty years of experience, would never He went back and said no, no, in sixty two and in seventy eight, and we told him the final time in eighty eight. He doesn't seem like he's slow to main He does no physically. Is his body slower?
Speaker 2: Oh see? And that's just that is just com painting a picture of what they want joke President Biden to be perceived as I'm right again. I'm riding with bad he damn show ain't driving. I promise you he could sit on it. He can sit right next to me in the middle of the middle seat. You know they haven't had those middle seat cars in the eight seventies. He could sit in one of the right in the middle, on the whole front bro one of.
Speaker 3: The bench, right on the bench. We'll get a big bench for you, or one of those you could do one of those motorcycles that has a little sun.
Speaker 2: He can tell me to go left, go right, go straight, go backwards, because I'm going to listen to him because he will be the commander in chief and he will be the man in charge, so I will listen to him, but I will do the driving. But Bobby, I'm telling you right now, it is whoo mind boggling to see where we're hitded is mind boggling to see where we're headed.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I mean Trump every time he opens his mouth. And I hate saying this because I feel like I'm I'm part of the problem of pitting Democrat against It's not it's this particular man he's now saying. And I'm sure you've heard him all over the place that he never said locked Hillary up. I never said it. He forgets that there's you know, there's that bean footage like they say on the Bush Beans. I mean they bring up like five different times that he did. So it's it's it's crazy. I think that he actually, I think he needs to be looking at he believes what he says. Anybody says, he believes.
Speaker 2: It his his, his his.
Speaker 3: I think he actually, I don't know. I think he actually.
Speaker 2: Said he had meltdown. He's had memories of moments of memory lapse and so many different things publicly. And yes, he did say he didn't remember saying lord Hillary up if she was convicted of a felony. And he did say he did say that uh, president should get should not get partied. He said lots of things. I don't remember if that was exactly the right quote about president should get pardoned.
Speaker 3: As long as it's not him, that's what he should say.
Speaker 2: But but everything that he has said that pertaining to someone else in the criminal activities, that comes back to bite the minute butt. But then he like he selectively forgets. So you're right, But Bobby, let me tell you something. I think we are selectively forgetting the American people.
Speaker 3: I'm not I remember every I remember him saying, do you remember him going for TikTok's throat? Well, guess who joined TikTok this week and has a bazillion a bazillion followers already. I just can't believe it. And I misspoke earlier. I said that his campaign brought in one hundred and fifty one million. It was one hundred and forty one million. I apologize, I know, but I like to be I don't want people thinking it's it's it was one of a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, and it's still and is still still doing it. You know, I saw something that I thought was kind of funny, and I wonder if they if they will follow follow him. So, you know, the Democratic Senator Bob Menendez is on trial in New York for corruption bribery. His son Rob won his Democratic primary against Mayor Rabi Bala for Northern New Jersey. I thought that was now, maybe he'll be the good guy and try to kind of clear or not be compared to his father at all, and show us that you know, that last name doesn't doesn't mean anything necessarily.
Speaker 2: All the generations new change though, because let me tell something, and I'm not a Republican. I'm not a conservative. I was asked for when did I become conservative this week with Donald them, and I'm like, I have a damn conservative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like no, but you're a moderate, You're you're you don't like like you're not giving it away like Bernie Sands an independent, but you're not giving it.
Speaker 2: A Paul uh was one of my favorites, and he was a Republican. He's very seasonal, but his son Ram Paul. I never agree with anything that he said. And of course now the roaches are coming out because now he has come out. He's been quiet all this time, but now we're down to the finished land and now he wants to come out with his rhetoric about this, that and the third. I think that that that that brilliance and sanity and common sense skips generations or you know, sometimes it's for the older and the youth, and sometimes it's for the youth or the old. I think it's skipped generations byby I think people are.
Speaker 3: Do you think we spoil them? Do you think it's skips or the father like we'll even say Trump he was his dad was a bright man, an excellent businessman. And I think what happens is when you do that, you always want to give your kid more, and you want to whatever, and you spoil them and they don't come with that same heat because they don't need to. And then maybe the next generation does. I don't know. I feel like I feel like there's a little nurture in nature.
Speaker 2: Well, you might have used the wronger example, I mean, I mean, I remember that John Trump was a great businessman. Because you might use the wrong you might have started off with the wrong family.
Speaker 3: It seems like there's a lot going on at the congressional hearings there after Fauci.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought Fauci. I won't get into that because I want to I want to close out. I never supported Fauci. Let me say that again publicly. I never supported him because I lost so many fans during the AIDS crisis. And I was never anti vaccine. I've had all kind of vaccines in my youth. I was anti the way they distributed this last one. And now he's under fire, people saying he's dead. So he's there. He made up the sort that is the problem. Bobby, I don't know what to be true because I'm not a scientist. I wasn't there on the other end to work on it. But because you keep giving us twelve thousand different stories, what do I believe? Now here's the thing. COVID is still very prevalent in America, but because we're not talking about it on the news anymore, it's like it went away. It never went away. And according to the last administration, A first of all, it wasn't real, then it was real, then take bleach, then put uv lights, and then it's it's been so many differents And that is what it is. When you hit me with twelve different thousand things about one thing, I don't know what to believe. So if it's me and I think of myself as a pretty bright person, I'm not the most intelligent person.
Speaker 3: You got to go with your God.
Speaker 2: But when so many different people are telling you all these different informations, you don't know what to believe. Bobby, you know what I'm saying. You working in healthcare, so you were talking about the common person who does it. So if you hit me with this today, they say take it tomorrow is this way? The next day is I don't know what to do, so I imagine it.
Speaker 3: No, I understand that, but I also think that so these people have been given in the congressional hearings, all of the people, they've been given the information. So what happens in research is it's the best information that we have at that time. They were given Fauci and Burke's and all of them. They were given information the moment by moment flame you know, they were saying, you know, this is what we should do, and then they would find something because they would just get a little bit more information and that negated it. And then they get a little bit more information and that negated it. That's how we went from having to wear a mask at all times, and then we went to the certain masks that we should have, and then we went to six feet, which he said he was never four, but the CDC felt six feet because that's how far droplets can go. It's they really are doing the best. We talk to little earlier and I said, one of what I think would be something wonderful that would come out of all of this is like a debrief, Like I would love a committee to go in because there will be another pandemic hopefully not, maybe not in our time. But if there is, what do we learn, what do we do well, what do we do really poorly? What could have changed? And where should we go from there? Because I don't believe that anybody, even the Orange Man, I don't believe anybody was trying to give information to harm anyone. I think they were trying to make it the American people or the people of the world feel like they had some sort of control, when the reality is there was no control, They had no idea. They still need to figure out exactly where it came from. The lass that I heard was that Redfield, who used to be I think he was the head of the CDC. He thinks it it might have been from some sort of vaccine that they were trying to create and China for their people, for their military or whatnot, to protect them going out, and then they didn't keep they didn't keep it enclosed correctly enough, and then they.
Speaker 2: Take too many people behind. That some of this chemical warfare, and that that is my fear about us ever going into war in America, that the chemical warfare is a lot of carrier. To me, then I know the bomb is coming.
Speaker 3: No, And I think you, and so even you saying that, that's why I want more research done. That's why I want to know more information because somebody could use this to weaponize. You might not kill everybody, but god, you could take a whole population out at one time. You could shut a country down for a financial gain.
Speaker 2: I'd like to a lot of people. People could go blind, lose their you lose their sense of COVID took your sense of face, It took your sense of smell, it took your energy.
Speaker 3: COVID Yes, for some people. For some people it took their lives, as we know, and people who who appeared healthy but had underlying things that we didn't necessarily know. But I'll tell you it's more what we were talking about when I was feeling a little hopeless, and it was definitely from this. It's the vitriol. It was the horrific, the wording, just like we're having the conversation now. We might not totally agree, but I'm learning from you. You're annoinning for me. That Marjorie Taylor Green, she wouldn't call doctor Fauci doctor, she called him mister because he's not a doctor. Well, I'm pretty sure that he went to medical school. He did an internship, he did a residency, he did a fellowship. I'm pretty sure he's a doctor. And I still want to yell, comb your hair.
Speaker 2: Your disrespect blatantly allowed to happen at the top, and we're watching it. It's going to completely trickle down to where nobody will have respect from them body. There's a line from my favorite cartoon, The Incredibles where Syndrome, the bad guy, says he was going to make once every is what were they super, then nobody will be we have become everybody is the same. Everybody, well we should be the same. But because we glorify a certain people and we put them on pedestals. Politicians, judges, doctors, and those people should be respected, but sometimes we put them up on a high pedestal. And now when we see that they're just real people, regular people, nobody has respect for them. It is eof wo yep.
Speaker 3: No, it's something something, something has to happen with that bleach blonde body.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 3: She was shut down. I mean she was shut down. They they did it very respectfully to her. She wasn't given any but they did it with her. They said, listen, hold on, he is a doctor, you will refer to him that way. I don't even know if she knew what she was talking about. You know, it's the same thing, Marjorie, What would you have done? You had a gazillion million people. I don't know how many at the top of my head, how many citizens we have right now? It's your job to protect them, and you're going with the best you know at this moment. What do you do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I like to see how she she could have done any better. But I think we can learn. I think this is a huge learning curve that we could have, and I think it'll be very disappointing if this administration doesn't do something to kind of figure that out. And then Merrick Colland he's not going to be intimidated. He was upset to they were being mad at him. He was Biden's consensus pick, and now everybody hates his guts. Bill Maher called him an attorney general Bomby fund.
Speaker 2: Bill. I would like to say, I would love to sit with that man one day, Bubby. I think.
Speaker 3: Show that's my bucket dream for you.
Speaker 2: Say we needed to put yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's half mixed, so so yeah, hopefully keeping our fingers crossed. There is a new bill out just that everybody, you're going to have to stay tuned. We don't have a lot of information on it. The Right to Contraception Bill of twenty twenty four. It is something that the Senate is expected to vote on today, fingers crossed. That will allow and guarantee access country nationwide for contraception. It will give people the birth control pill, It'll give them playing B pill, It'll give condoms i u D another form of contraception. So fingers and toast cross we might not be able to get Roe v. Wade immediately, but if we can start doing stuff like this so people don't I'll take get pregnant.
Speaker 2: I'll take for those Playing B pills was killing me during the pandemic. Good god, I had them, at least fifteen of them. I ain't goingly well.
Speaker 3: You know, we could say a little something about you. You could have got a hobby, make a bird.
Speaker 2: House or something. Bird was always in somebody's house, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: But Texas didn't do so. While they they somebody put put through a challenge to the restrictive bandon abortions and and Texas Supreme Court helped it up. So nothing in Texas, don't.
Speaker 2: That's a whole another ball game. I've seen Abbott out there at the border in his wheelchair. Lord knows, I wanted one of them rocks to just flatten the tires on that chair. But we'll we'll, thank God, you will get to that, ladies. And I'm listen, this is laugh and Learn. We appreciate. We want you to send us more topics and more subjects that you would like to hear. Bobby and I discuss here on laugh and Learn at the at laugh and Learn podcast page on Instagram, which is what we have. Bobby is in controller that her and Aaron. Send your topics, send your questions, send your beasts, send your happiness, whatever you want to send.
Speaker 3: Don't send any porn. No porn. I don't want to see anymore. My eyes have been they've rolled back in my head. I've seen things that no white fat lady should.
Speaker 2: What she said, so send it to me. No, I'm just yeah, listen, we like they are.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: We are on season four of Laughing Learn. We appreciate you, guys. We thank you guys for being here with us. We asked you to share the page and we can get up to at least six thousand downloads per week, I promise you, and put on some hair and maybe you're leaving a little lipstick. We could not do the show without you because here a Laughing Learn, the model has not changed, will not change because we don't want you to change, because the same model here at Laughinglin. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind because of why Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste. And I want to say.
Speaker 2: You and please be careful out that prize. I've seen something happened in Philadelphia where the Palestinian protesters had blocked the Pride parades. I don't know what is going on with the world. I also seeing a bunch of fights. But just be careful, keep your hair on a swivel, in the words of T. TJ. And just watch what's happening and your surroundings, because every day something is happening. People are on edge, and people are having meltdowns. But here at Leaftlane and we would try to keep you as informed as possible, and we ask that you do the same for us. Keep us informed. You be man and women on the street to let us know what's going on so that we can discuss it here. We appreciate you, We thank you. We will see you next week here on Laughing Line. Please download us on iHeart, under the Black Effect Network or Spotify, Apple, Amazon or wherever you listen to your podcast at. I'm still doing coffee time on YouTube. Flame Monroe on Instagram, I'm at Monroe Flame Facebook. I'm Marcus Flame Monroe Parker TikTok, I'm Flame my row one two five, and I'm right here with you guys every day. And what can we find you at? Missus Clifford, Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Can barely handle back and forth. I am Clifford Bobby on Instagram. I am Bobby Clifford on Facebook. I'm on TikTok, but I don't go on very often. And I want to say stay cool, everybody. We have like triple digits coming across the country, so everybody stay hege hydrated, keep those puppies in and stay gred.
Speaker 2: We have air condition. I'm gonna us some water on my dollars and put their ass up under the air. Okay, thank you guys for joining us here A laughing larn. We appreciate you and we will see you next week. Bye. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn