Speaker 1: Paul from Emily.
Speaker 2: Emily, Dude, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Hi, how you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing pretty good? How about you?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, I can't complain, can't complain.
Speaker 5: Honestly, man, you made my day.
Speaker 2: I made your day. Have you done anything, Emily?
Speaker 5: I know, but I've been trying to call you before. And I work at a fast food store, and honestly, as soon as I saw your have you ever been in a fight? I was like, well, this today.
Speaker 2: Count of course today counts. What happened today?
Speaker 5: It was mostly like work related stuff. And what happened is like I worked for Duncan Donuts, right, and there was some issues where we were short money and other of the workers were like fighting back and forth. It was a whole issue. It's just been awful. So honestly, being able to talk to you just makes my whole.
Speaker 2: Day short money from the cash register.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, honestly, for a whole day we were short, like twenty eight bucks.
Speaker 2: What the hell kind of fight could have could have gone down over twenty eight bucks? Was it? Like the fact that they were is a thing where like if you're short at the end of the day, all of you get like fined or punished or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you said that this was the time they'll cover it, but next time they're like, oh, we're gonna pull it out of your paychecks.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well the fight was between the employees. What were they arguing? Were they accused of each other having taken it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they start of saying like, oh, it's because your issue is you guys don't count the till when everybody just starts because like I work in a group with mostly girls, so it just became one big cat fight.
Speaker 2: And were you involved? Was it? Did this fight get physical? Were their cappuccinos thrown at each other? Funny enough?
Speaker 5: No, there wasn't. There was actually a customer complaints about cappuccinos though, But I didn't work the day that the till was short, so everybody was like trying to keep my name out of it.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was interesting now that I think about it. Duncan Donuts is an interesting place for a war zone.
Speaker 5: We drown like hash browns at each other. Yeah, you like fly across the room.
Speaker 2: You would think that, like I mean, a doe sort of munchkin probably wouldn't hurt that much. But you give one of those thick like like the chocolate cake ones. I mean that could oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And you wait till the end of the day when they're hard, and then that's when you chuck them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmy. Is it true that if you go to dunkin Donuts like right when you when they close, and you ask them for free food.
Speaker 5: They'll give it to No, Unfortunately, we do it people that do that, but like my bosses that we can give them like a buy one, get one deal, so like they buy like half a dozen, we could.
Speaker 4: Give them a dozen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would wish we could get food out.
Speaker 5: Honestly, we kind of get in trouble for that sometimes because I call him my favorite homeless guy. He stops by the store every time, always orders ice, a bunch of liquid sugar and coffee, and I'm honestly afraid they're gonna catch me one of these times giving it to him.
Speaker 2: You can get in trouble for just giving him ice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fun fact we charge for water and pop cups.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man, Wow, it is.
Speaker 5: I'm probably gonna get in trouble. I'm like, I'm fine with that, but.
Speaker 2: Well, look good on you for sticking it to the man.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been in a fight though, like real.
Speaker 2: Talk Emily, Emily, listen. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You know, I wish you the best of luck out there. I hope that you don't have to resort to weaponizing French crowlers, but if you do, I hope you have fun.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 5: Thank you and you too.
Speaker 3: A good luck on your journey.
Speaker 7: The rest of the night.
Speaker 5: Bye bye oh.
Speaker 9: Never weekend goes on the line, thinks every night never goes to a time.
Speaker 2: I'm teaching you your life. He's not ready. An expert.
Speaker 1: Call from gig.
Speaker 4: Gi Oh oh, hello, hello, gig.
Speaker 3: Hey you geck. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, dude, What are you up to?
Speaker 3: I'm chelling at my parents' house right now?
Speaker 2: Challenge how old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm twenty one.
Speaker 2: Challenge your parents house. What's your relationship like with your parents?
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. They're fun, they're fun. People actually like hang out with them. Yeah, well it's my mom and my stepdad that house.
Speaker 6: So mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Uh do you like living at home?
Speaker 3: I'm actually not living at home. I just graduated this weekend, and so I'm visiting just to kind of have graduation celebrations.
Speaker 2: You know, Uh, with what did you graduate? What kind of degree?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just graduated college?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: But in what vocation?
Speaker 3: Ew? Biology, biology, ecology and conservation.
Speaker 2: How much ship did you have to cut open? Did you cut open anything?
Speaker 3: I am also pre that, so I like had to cut open more stuff in like bets, offices, in.
Speaker 2: School, in school, like any organisms, Like, give me a number of how many organisms you had to cut open.
Speaker 3: I'm a surgery technician, so like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Can I guess? I guess?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it over or under fifty?
Speaker 3: I would probably say over wow.
Speaker 2: And I mean I'm talking your entire like college career. Over is over one hundred?
Speaker 3: One hundred would be cutting it close.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: What's interesting to me is this is an interesting thing to kind of think about here, because a surgeon at one there has to be there has to be a time in which a surgeon, all on their own, does live surgery on a human being for the first time. I mean, you know, and I'm wondering, first of all, who's good do they tell the person this is the first his first time, this is their first time doing the thing. And I'm also wondering how many people are animal how many dead like cadavers or whatever do you have to do before you're like all right, I think I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I genuinely have no idea like what the cutoff point is. Like I've done neoters before, so like they let me do cat newters as attack. They just like throw you into it. But I like I am terrified for vet school because like I don't know when they're going to be like all right, you're ready to like cut open this animal and like go into its guts, because like how will you know when you're like confident to be like okay, I know exactly what this organ is like not to cut into.
Speaker 2: It right, right, That's what I'm wanted. It is like if you cut open four cats, h are you like all right, let's get let's do a live one now, what's the number until you're ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And like I know this is like a bad comparison, but like on shows on like Grey's Anatomy, you know, like they trained for like years and years and years to do like certain surgeries and it still just goes terribly wrong. You know, like you've been training for like twenty years and you could still like majorly fuck up. That's kind of terrifying.
Speaker 2: And what I always found interesting about being a vet is there's this paradoxical thing with being a veterinarian where you think you would want to go into it because you love animals, but also if you love animals, you probably wouldn't be interested in cutting them in half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like honestly, that's like the hardest part of the job because like you're never dealing with animals when they're happy, Like they're always like we're like actively stressing out the animals most of the time, you know, like we have to poke and prod them, and like it's hard to like reconcile that with loving animals because like obviously we're going to try to give them like as stress free of an experience as we can. But like there's some animals that like like there's no way you can explain to them, like I am, like taking your blood for like a good reason, Like they're just yeah, but I don't know. I Like the vet industry like right now is like kind of fucked up. Like a lot of people are getting super burnt out because of like COVID stuff, and like because like clients aren't able to come into the building animals are significantly more stressed out because they're like people are, yeah, and it's like really hard to communicate with the owners kind of like what's going on with the animal when like the vet's not there in front of them to kind of like lead them to different issues. So like, I mean, I maybe this is only my practice, but I feel like we're fucking up a lot because it's like the communication lines are completely broken.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to get into the real deal. I don't know how the pipeline of becoming a veterinarian works or how much of the real deal you've already done, but.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, definitely. It's like a little it's a little scary to like be a VET because you are then like liable for everything. Like I think I'm still just like I've been working for like three years, and I still think I'm like kind of fucking around a little bit. But like once you're a vet, you know, it's like if something in the practice sucks up, like it's fun, you like even if you weren't the one who did it. And also that school is terrifying. It's basically like med school. It's the same track with four years and residency.
Speaker 2: You know it's interesting is that, you know. I like to look at the world as like everyone has a little bit of imposter syndrome. You know, everyone's got their own you know, failures or you know whatever, and and everyone's a little bit now because it makes you feel a bit comfortable about your own feelings. But when it comes to doctors, I don't. I don't want to look at them like that. I'm like, no, if you're you need to be one hundred percent competent all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like that's what you'd hope.
Speaker 2: Right, But yeah, we're only human except if we're dogs. Well, thank you so much for sharing. Uh wild you say your name was again gg Look, congrats on the graduation. Hope you had a cake, and say hi to the dogs for me.
Speaker 3: I will. I'll tell them the get gosa is hi, do it?
Speaker 2: I hope they don't eat me.
Speaker 3: I think they would consider it. I feel like cats would be more likely, but they would definitely consider it.
Speaker 2: Well, then don't don't. Just don't tell them where I live. Well, thank you so much, Giji.
Speaker 3: You have a good night, good night lyle.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I do think about it like you if you're a surgeon, you got to operate how many? Like, how many dead people before you do the live one? I'd love to talk to a real surch about this. How many and is it different for each one? Is one surgeon?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: All right? Three dead guys? I got this, Let's do the live one. Do some run through hundreds of dead bodies to get to the before they do the real one?
Speaker 1: All from Alison?
Speaker 2: Alison?
Speaker 9: How do you?
Speaker 2: How are you Alison?
Speaker 10: Wonderful? How are you?
Speaker 2: You're wonderful? Yeah, now, why are you wonderful?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm in a great place now after a fight. I heard the topic was fight tonight, fight night.
Speaker 2: You're in a great place after a fight? Tell me about this fight.
Speaker 10: So this fight was between this guy I was dating for two years post divorce. Both type kids were like Brady Bunch. I moved to the middle of nowhere, Texas with him. It's actually really pretty out in the middle of nowhere, but it was very isolated. We were on like six acres and he was like a major alcoholic, like drinks wine from like five am in the morning till like all day, probably two bottles before ten am. I tolerated a lot and there were a lot of fights because of the alcoholism. But the last, the last fight, I just had had it. My baby was sleeping upstairs. It was like one thirty in the morning, and he kept texting me to like wake up and get in the hot tub with him and drink. And I was like, no, I have a job interview like the next day. So I went out and I kicked. I got so mad, I kicked his wine into the hot tub, and by the yeah, as soon as I did that, he got physical and like sleep me into the hot tub with my pitch hammer, and then like wanted to choke me out and stuff. So we got domestic violence.
Speaker 2: Did you call the police.
Speaker 9: Or took my phone?
Speaker 10: And so we're like in six acres right, and my goal is to like not wake my sleeping baby with these like abusive tendencies. So I chunked my cell phone, like he chunked my cell phone off the cliff, and I'm like struggling in the hotup because he's trying to choke me on a fence. And then basically I ended up grabbing his cell phone using the flashlight, find my phone, lack him out of the house. I'm like, I'm not about to like uproot my child in the middle of the night. He starts banging on the windows. Anyways, I left that situation. He freak immediately. It was like enough, I hate fighting. I'm like, non confrontational.
Speaker 2: How long ago was this?
Speaker 10: Two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago? Okay, so, uh did you you were? You were living with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had lived together.
Speaker 10: For a year and a half.
Speaker 2: And where are you living now?
Speaker 10: I moved back to Houston, to the big you know, to the city. I had like four interviews within like two the past two weeks. I'm getting a job offer tomorrow. So that's why I'm wonderful. I'm like, heck, yeah, like, get no fights, everybody, just be non confrontational and yeah, win confronted. Just flight flight flight works too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that worked out for you. How's your how's your kid doing?
Speaker 5: Be wonder well.
Speaker 10: We're posted up with my parents and he's he's loving it. He's watching Blues Clothes right now. We just had bad time and played a trouble. Remember the game when you popped the middle?
Speaker 2: I remember trouble? Yeah, so step on, I stepped on it once at it? Well, the fucking arch of the thing like went up into my foot and hurt a lot.
Speaker 10: Oh God, So you're not supposed to step on it. I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I shouldn't. I feel like I'm not in a position to be complaining to you about pain right now, so I won't. I'm so glad to hear that you've been doing so much better, dude.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, And my recommendation for anybody in that situation is just like fly.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, what's the what's the new gig?
Speaker 10: So it's a real estate like a huge real estate company. I was like back in this big building I used to work in. It's like a sexy story building. And I used to work on fifty four, fifty five, fifty nine, and I'm going to be down on forty seven at a completely different company, a company that owns the building. So I'm switching from oil and guys to real estate and that is going.
Speaker 2: To be awesome, awesome. Well, keep killing it. Her name was Alison, Alison. Thank you for sharing in the future.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you, okay, youtobe bye bye.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm glad to hear that sho's been doing well. Go buy a house from that lady.
Speaker 4: How from Darren, Darren, what is up my mind?
Speaker 2: Darren? What's that man? Where are you calling from?
Speaker 11: I'm good, I'll have a fight story. You have a fight story from from Scotland?
Speaker 2: Oh rock and roll? What's uh? Tell me? Tell me your fight story, Darren.
Speaker 11: So when I was when I was in high school, I was like fifteen, and I was really good friends with this guy and we had they're falling out the cooys. One of the other guys in my favorite just spread mad life. And what happened was they just came up to me, he supposed to a west friend and says, let's have us I want to fight you. So we organized it for after school finished. I meet him and we've done boxing together, so he thought he was going to beat me up quite easily. And I kicked this guy grass. I got pulled off of the top of him. And it was the most inndicating fight ever because it was just this the fact that he talked so much about me around school, supposed to best friend. It just felt so liberating.
Speaker 2: You said this guy was your friend, he.
Speaker 11: Was supposed to be supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Did you did you two make up afterwards or did you get domain antagonistic towards each other.
Speaker 11: We didn't be friends again, but we've been around each other and like it was not the past of the past, and man or have to forgive but not to forget.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And when what was the turning point? When did you realize, Oh, this person is just being friends with me as a front when in reality they're just talking about had me back.
Speaker 11: I've been told about it kind of off with other people, but it was mainly just when he came up and asked me for a fight.
Speaker 2: It was almost no easy, Well he came up and asked you for like politely he came up and no, please have a fight.
Speaker 11: No, Like it was more like I'm going to fucking do you in. And I was like, okay, we'll see how that suppose.
Speaker 2: Is that is that like a a dialect thing I've never heard of? Said? Can I he asked me for a fight, like for permission to fight me.
Speaker 11: I guess it's just like it's just it's not like he asked me, just kind of said we're going to fight really angrily, and it so yeah, I would say.
Speaker 2: That's like how I mean, would I hope I'm saying that guy's name right, I am, and would ask for a fight very politely. Please. If someone asked me for a fight, I would just say no. And then what would they say? Would they be like, all right, no worries, carry on, have a good day.
Speaker 11: I think I think I don't know. That's that's a good question. I think the point of it offered him was that obviously there was a coundround, so he knew that if I was to say no, I was going to get you know, laughed at mm hmm, you know prepression, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Uh. So have you been in this is this experience? Has it put you on edge at all your current friends? Does it make you look at them and go do these people truly like me? Or are they also just fronting? No?
Speaker 11: The group of friends I've had would also his group. We all kind of fell out with them after it. So I've been friends with the same people for a long time, really, and one of my friends I've known since I was about six or seven. So no, I'm feel quite confident in my friend group.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to hear that. Mm hmmm. Who would you say? The fight between me? Yeah? How do you know? How do you know when you win? A fight, is it the other person's knocked out?
Speaker 11: And well I didn't get that far. But we did boxing together before, so he thought that he could base the fight off of the way I was in boxing, and obviously skep those are different, bro, But there was one actually, one of the one of the people who they were both friends with at the time, pulled me off of the top of him and said he's had enough.
Speaker 9: So that was like.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, Oh, so there's a difference. You have a different fighting style when you're not in the ring. You don't play by the rules.
Speaker 11: Obviously when you're when you're in the writings, I can't like grab them and just like way on him, I can't like tin tackle them to the ground.
Speaker 7: I push him.
Speaker 11: So the first thing I did, because I'm quite small, is I got in close close to the distance, grabbed like the neck of the top and then just stuff roughoc at them with rope from that and then I pushed them and fail obbo and as I failed and supported themself from a saint And I hate both of them and the bosses and stuff, and that's nothing.
Speaker 2: You used agility to your advantage. Yes, you're like a little mac.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, hold squabble.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: Well, listen would say your name was Darren. Yeah, thank you for sharing that, and you've inspired me. I kind of want to fight someone now because I'm five six and I'm weak, but I'm like, maybe I can. I guess, well, I'm not agile either, so I guess I'm not inspired. I guess I will continue to not fight people. But I like, I like, I liked living this through you vicariously.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy to share of course. Thank you so much there, and you have a good night. Cheers from fucking the US baby.
Speaker 4: See a little they have a good name.
Speaker 1: All from Ryan.
Speaker 12: Ran Hey, yeah, Dex and a half.
Speaker 9: Brian, How you doing?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 9: Pretty good?
Speaker 12: I'm tired of shit.
Speaker 2: You're tired, reready tired?
Speaker 12: Uh, long day and I got vaccinated in my second time this morning, so it's beaten on me now.
Speaker 2: Long day of doing what.
Speaker 12: I had vocal lessons and I was just up since like seven eight vocal lessons.
Speaker 2: Those never made sense to me. I understand lessons on how to, like, you know, play an instrument or something, but vocal lessons. How can you learn how to do your own voice?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 12: It's just like an instrument kind of.
Speaker 9: It's a all about like using the proper muscles for breast support and using the soft palate of like your mouth properly, and tongue placement, the whole nine yards. It's really complicated, m.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: If you could theoretically control give lessons on the voice muscle, can you give lessons on other part of the body, Like can I get like knee lessons on how to like make do good cool things with my knees?
Speaker 9: It's possible.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm actually thinking of it this more because the voice is the only part of the body. Every part of the body can theoretically be used as an instrument, but the voice is the only one that is given any sort of legitimacy. M Like, why why is there no like clapping teacher to make me better at clapping, or like ham boning like hamd boning? Why no one see but I when you explained it? When someone would explain why there isn't a whole practice dedicated to learning the intricacies of belly slapping or of clapping. I feel like I could say the same thing about the voice.
Speaker 9: You could do it if you wanted to start that academy.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I would. Have you ever been in a fight?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 13: And so.
Speaker 9: I work in Minneapolis.
Speaker 12: I've lived here for a while, and there was this one time I do with like a lot of like transient people, like busting in and out of the city to a different state, and a lot of homeless people and stuff like that in my area. And there's this one time this punky looking kid came up to me and asked me if I, like I had a phone or something something along those lines, or cigarettes or both or something like that, and I don't think I had my cell phone at the time, like in service. So I took him in my car as I clalked out of work, and I drove him up to the nearest gas station and he made a call to like his parents or something to get a ticket back to his state. And so I drove him back to the train station over next to my work. And when I dropped him off, I thought he was really cool. So I decided to go back to the gas station and buy a pack of cigarettes for him. And then when I was on my way back to finding him at the train station, I had walked like on the sidewalk around the outside of the building, and there was like this area where there's just like a ton of homeless people just like sitting down around here. And most of the people that I meet there nice, but there was these group of people that I've never seen before. They must have been from out of town. And some guy runs up to me and he's like he like gets in my way and stops me from walking, and he says, hey, I got bitches.
Speaker 9: Do you want bitches? And I'm just like what, And he's like, I got I got like ladies. Do you want to buy a lady? I'm just like no, no, And I tried to walk past him, and he cuts me off again. And as he cuts me off the second time, out of the corner of my eye, I see this like red and white bandana from behind me. And some guy behind me wrapped a bandana around my face and pulled me to the ground, and there was like three guys beating up on me and like digging in my pockets and shit, and so I'd like swung at them. It was like a pretty long fight. There was like probably at least two maybe three minutes, which is a long fucking time for a fight.
Speaker 4: But yeah they did the kid.
Speaker 2: Did the kid come save you with his Oh I.
Speaker 9: Never saw him again. No, I never even got to give him a cigarettes And I just used myself after that. No, I didn't make it anything from me.
Speaker 2: Do they take anything good? They get your wallet, your phone, your keys.
Speaker 9: They didn't grab anything because I have like my credit cards and debit cards in the same I d holder as like my work badge. So they grabbed it for me, and then they threw it on the ground, and so I just grabbed it and left. See, so they missed out.
Speaker 2: Your voice lessons. Oh you're getting the wrong type of voice lessons, because what you need is you got to learn like the faux Stora shit from Skyrim.
Speaker 8: Oh shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You got to learn like dragon shouts. Imagine if those three dudes I tried the fuck with you and you went like you went Foster, and you like they blew you blew them away. You know, I mean, I guess you could have serenaded them with a diddy What would like what would have happened if you had started like singing to them?
Speaker 9: Oh, they probably would have gotten the kick out of it.
Speaker 2: They probably would have been amused that may be confused. I've always like, if someone tried to mug me, like, what would I what would they do if I just got naked and started singing? Would they would they want to lead? I mean, you know you have to get naked. I mean you could get naked and do this too, But I mean, if you're gonna learn vocal lessons, I feel like you gotta, you know, uh, find as many use cases for that as possible. And I feel like you missed out on one here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: I mean it's a new endeavor for me. And this this this might happened a few years ago, and I only started vocal lessons about nine months ago or so. So I'll ask the.
Speaker 2: Teacher if they know any any powerful shouts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's I think. The craziest thing about a fight is I think a lot of people would agree with me, Like the second you get into a fight, like I thought I was gonna get sucked up, and I did kind of get fucked up. I was bleeding all over the place, But you don't feel a thing when the adrenaline kicks in, so you just you're just numb the entire time. And that's the nuts, but that was the first and only one.
Speaker 2: Knowing what you know about the physical nature of of of the physical demands of being a vocalist, do you feel like under the influence of that adrenaline you would still be able to perform?
Speaker 9: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: M all right, So we'll make a note of that when you go back to the vocal lessons that you're a vocalist. Teacher needs to do something, maybe point a gun at you, something that will like give you adrenaline so that you're prepared for when the actual thing happens.
Speaker 9: No matter how this is, we can arrange something.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, what'd you say?
Speaker 9: Your name was Ryan?
Speaker 2: Ryan? Thank you so much for sharing your story and I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks GK enjoy your travels.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, you too.
Speaker 4: My life.
Speaker 2: Hey folks, this is Lyle here with a very quick message just letting you know that this podcast does not have any advertising in it as of this very moment, but if you would like to support and make it easier for me to do more therapy Gecko in the future, you can head on over to Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever, and for only five dollars, you can make it a heck of a lot easier for me to put this whole shebang together. That is Patreon dot com, slash Lyle forever. You also get access to exclusive streams, exclusive get content. You also get access to the exclusive gek Lie Legends Discord, Patreon dot com, slash lyle forever. All right, back to the calls.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean, oh hello, what's up?
Speaker 8: I mean, oh Hi, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good man?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm great, I am so happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Don't get too happy. This might not go well.
Speaker 8: So your topic is you?
Speaker 2: You laughed nervously there, I'm just well. I only say that because, you know, I like to lower expectations, because if you think this, if you start off assuming that this won't go well, then when it if it does go well, which I am and you know ultimately I think it will go well. Depending on how you define something going well, you know, you could you only have the possible ability of your expectations being shattered positively as opposed to being let down.
Speaker 8: I respect that. I mean, we need to kind of figure out what kind of expectations we must rely on like, I'm not I had I struggled with that personally, but I kind of moved on from from like just putting down expectations like oh should I talk to this girl? Like I mean, I mean, I worked on that, but now I feel like we, uh, we build people, we build expectations on each other. So I mean, I'm not I'm not here to let anyone down. I think either way, as you said, it's it's gonna go well.
Speaker 2: So well I you said iman, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean, I mean you sounded like you were ready to tell me something about a fight, yeah, before I interacted you with nonsense.
Speaker 8: No, I think I think it's I think it's just a good way to introduce each other.
Speaker 6: Other way.
Speaker 2: But well this is but yeah, because I mean, you don't seem like you had ever heard a fly. You seem like a sweet guy. I want to hear who I want to hear about the person that's you know, is vile enough to get you going.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's a lot, it's it's like a long time ago. I mean, I'm pretty sure a lot of people might have some similar experience, like high school fights and et cetera. Just just so you know, I'm I'm actually calling you from Egypt. So oh ship, Yeah, I'm gonna move back to Ohio very soon. So I'm excited to have better internet. So to the story, I I went to high school in the Middle East, and they're like, I don't know I was. I was born in the United States, but I came back. I came back like just to go to high to college. Right, But in high school there was kind of tough, Like a lot of people there don't like you because you're American, Like they just bully you and they just push you around. So I had a lot of I had a lot of I had a lot of fights. But there's like one particular fight I had like that got physical, that like is a sore wound to my to my self esteem not anymore, but I kind of have to like remember and mention it once in a while. So it started out like, you know, a regular day in school, like and there's this guy or a short like literally half the size I'm like five, for example, imagine me like five five, like four or five six, right, this guy is like half the size of me, right, and he talks so much shit Like he talks he makes fun of me a lot, and he used to call me like gay and stuff like you know this like you know, high high school ship, and it's funny enough. He also does it now, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I he still you still know this guy?
Speaker 8: I mean, I I mean not really. He just he's always online on on like social media, and he's still.
Speaker 2: Like still like in your uh Facebook messenger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean I try. I don't like blocking people. I just like prefer to just I just prefer to just like just ignore them.
Speaker 2: You don't like blocking people. I mean what I want to hear. What I want to hear what happened with this guy?
Speaker 8: I want to hear.
Speaker 2: I want to hear the fight you got into.
Speaker 8: So I, uh, I don't know. I just got fed up with a ship. So I just stood up to him and kind of stood up for myself, you know, and was like I'm just gonna I'm just I was just in a in a like manic rage. I was like just really mad, and he was just laughing. All of his friends were like corraling me in like a fucking pit, and uh it turned into like a onesie one between him and this short guy. I fucking lost, man, I felt like, genuinely, I genuinely felt bad that I didn't want to like fight him. Like what happened was is that I don't really remember how the context was, but he talked a lot, and when the fight started, he just pushes me and I let all the weight drop and I just fell down and I was like, I'm just gonna take all these tits. And he just wailed on me for like like a few minutes, and everybody was just screaming and laughing. But I didn't really like defend myself. I just felt like he was too short and I didn't want to like fuck him up or get in bigger trouble.
Speaker 2: So I understand that. I actually, I genuinely believe it takes you know, And I'm not just saying this to be fucking corny or whatever, but I genuinely do believe it takes more strength to not fight than to fight, you know what I mean, Because I'm a little bit like that too, Like you know, I'm not I don't like to get whatever physical and I'm fucking weakest shit, so it doesn't matter even if I did. But you know, again, I think it takes more guts to, you know, act in a way that is according to how you feel than as opposed to, uh, you know, giving in to that intense pressure to want to hit back and defend your honor to everyone else, as opposed to defending your own honor and your own version of the view of yourself by acting in accordance with you know, what you think is right. So I actually think it takes a lot more courage than not fight.
Speaker 8: I mean, thanks man. I just I kind of I kind of feel I kind of feel like I I didn't fight for I Like, I kind of I kind of lost the fight because I didn't. I Like I already fought for myself already, So I kind of I kind of I kind of feel like it was like a bitter defeat and just taking the fact that he was like literally shorter than me and like half the size of me. So it was like a talk for everybody. Everybody was like meant talking about for like a few weeks, Like it.
Speaker 2: Was you know, if if this is still bothering you, no you want to and you've you've changed your mind about everything, what you can do is you make a Facebook event. I mean, i'man I mean am I mean kicks your ass and you invite him to it, and then you show up and you fight again.
Speaker 8: One day, one day. That's that's that's a true battle. But I want to, I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 2: It would be a pleasure referee.
Speaker 8: I mean, I like to see you know, that is a positive thing. Like maybe we could like work together and like develop charity, like for smaller people. I guess I don't. I'm not like trying to.
Speaker 2: You're so sweet, dude. You're like, you're like this guy is like wailing on you, and You're like, I want to start a charity for people like you. That's like the that's the most You're the most pacifistic. Is that a word pacifistic?
Speaker 8: You could say?
Speaker 2: And you know, look power power to you. Yeah, if everyone was like you, there'd be no war. So you know, keep keep keep living the way you believe in.
Speaker 8: Man. Oh, thank you so much. And yeah, dude, have a wonderful day and I see great things in the future for you two. Man, can't wait for your journey.
Speaker 4: Have a good one.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Man. You have a good night.
Speaker 1: You too, all from Yera.
Speaker 2: Siera.
Speaker 7: Hi, what's up?
Speaker 2: Dog? Whoa Hi? I know it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It is crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm on the computer. You're on the phone, and the computer. I guess I'm also on the phone.
Speaker 3: You're on the TV.
Speaker 5: Now you're not.
Speaker 3: I turned it off.
Speaker 2: I'm on the magazines on the TV. No matter where you are, you might see me on the radio something something? Who is that kid Cutty? Is that? I don't know? Yeah, you listen to kid.
Speaker 7: Cutting I mean, I guess I know some of this stuff. I'm not that cool, You're not.
Speaker 2: What makes you say that you're not that cool? I don't know.
Speaker 13: I have a seventeen year old brother. I think he thinks I'm not cool.
Speaker 3: So I'm thirty one.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't feel like I know shit about.
Speaker 3: What kids like anymore. I mean the millennial generation.
Speaker 2: See this is the I think A fault with the generally accepted idea of coolness is why would we let seven seventeen year old kid is like the least cool person ever. All they've done is go to school. Yeah, I mean they don't do it. Then they watch they do homework, they go on ticktok. I mean, you're I just haven't think your brother's probably not that cool just because like he listens to some fucking music, you know. I mean you have ten years of like, you know, you got some life on him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: Like, yeah, I have seen some ship, I guess, And I.
Speaker 3: Mean I've been in a fight with.
Speaker 2: Uh more than one person at a time, both of them against you. Yeah, who tell me about this fight?
Speaker 13: Well, a little bar you can imagine. I was with my boyfriend at the time, and we both had to go to the bathroom and we knocked on the bathroom door and one of them was occupied. And after I knocked on the door, these two girls poked their heads out and yelled at me basically for knocking on the door, and then they shut the door in my face. And then I was like, oh, of course, like that was unnecessary. So my reaction was, you know, okay, cool, And they heard me say that through the door, and they popped back out and started you know how girls do you really put their fingers in your face and like get up in your business, but they won't ever hit you.
Speaker 2: So they were getting up in your business because they slammed the door on you in the bathroom.
Speaker 13: Well, they heard me say something snarky after they shut the door. But then my boyfriend comes out of the other bathroom and he's trying to separate us. He somehow gets me like into the corner and corrals me into the bathroom that he just came out of and pushes me in there. And while he's doing that, that girl, one of the girls three years back, and swings at me. So she hit my boyfriend. So I, you know, turned around and went to town on her. And I'm not a hair grabber. I think that's cheap, but when you have your move, I'm five foot tall and these girls had easily six inches on me apiece. So in order to keep from getting my ass completely, you know, obliterated, I had to control both of them until.
Speaker 3: Somebody could get in and help me.
Speaker 13: So I did have both of their hair and one in each hand.
Speaker 2: You, oh, I thought you. I thought what I thought when you were gonna say, is you had you had won each hand because I thought you were like had somehow corralled both of their hair into one hand. Because hair is very thin, you could grab both of their hairs with one hand. You probably grab three girls's hair with is one hand.
Speaker 13: Probably, but you can't control.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm still interested as to why you think You're not as cool as your seventeen year old brother.
Speaker 1: You don't even care about me and the and.
Speaker 7: The two girls.
Speaker 2: Well it's part no, no, it it works into it because I'm I'm confused, Like I look at a seventeen year old kid, that's like the least interesting thing.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: Why why why are you looking at the Why? I mean you know you you again? You have exper fought people, You've grabbed hair, You've into with more people. Why why are you Does your brother set the standard here?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think that it's just him though this whole like, uh, I mean, how old are you are?
Speaker 7: You know, I'm an age okay?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 13: Are you a gen Z or are you millennial? I'm a get go okay, Well then never mind.
Speaker 3: The gen Z people.
Speaker 13: Have come out and given us millennials a lot of shit in the last year and have definitely checked me and made me feel my age about like the clothes that we wear and how we brush our hair.
Speaker 7: It's so stupid, so stupid.
Speaker 13: But it checked me and made me realize that I'm not I'm not in my twenties anymore.
Speaker 3: I actually am pretty boring.
Speaker 13: I live alone and uh I go to school, and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: First of all, living alone is sick. Well, I mean, I mean you just described a seventeen year old kid. Well, they don't live alone. They probably live with their parents and they go to school. Yeah, you have your own place, you can eat ice cream whenever you want. I mean, you got a good life compared to a seventeen year old kid.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that jacking.
Speaker 13: Is it still cooler than I've ever felt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I'm glad to hear that, because the I still I don't think that youth and coolness are directly proportionate.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you continue to feel cool. What is their name was?
Speaker 3: Sierra?
Speaker 2: Sierra? Sarah? Don't like your seventeen year old brother make you not feel cool?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard one thing of Adam that makes me. I mean, I'm sure he's a nice kid. Maybe he'll be cool later, but for an album not.
Speaker 13: Sold, he's what he needs to ask kicked a couple of times.
Speaker 2: You know what you should do. You should go kick his ass.
Speaker 7: I'm going to good.
Speaker 2: Let me know how that goes. I will give one give one kick for me okay in your head, be like this one is for GEK.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 2: Awesome. You have a good night here. I thank you for shure you too.
Speaker 6: Love you.
Speaker 1: All from Danny.
Speaker 2: Danny. Oh my gosh, hi, Oh my god, shoes. Shoes, Oh my god, shoes.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite video from back in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Choos.
Speaker 1: Really and I actually as it's so weird.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, what's what's weird? What do you think? Why? What's weird about it?
Speaker 1: Well, like you're on my TV and it's delayed a little bit, so I didn't realize that you picked.
Speaker 4: Up and I was confused.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you got to mute the TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did that.
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny that, like, you know what it's cool about like a stream it's a small things like if you're watching the Jimmy fallon right, like he'd be on your TV, like I was on your TV and now I'm like talking directly to you in your ear, like you know, if you were watching Jimmy fallon, like he's not going to fucking you know, pick up if you call, No, he's not.
Speaker 1: So I mean you're doing a service, really service to all humanity. So thank you. I want to say that, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're right. What did you say?
Speaker 1: Your name was Danny?
Speaker 2: Danny? What do you what do you? What do you do? What are you doing? Danny?
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm sitting on my couch okay with my cat. My cat is napping next to me. I was also eating some really amazing thing chocolate. But my friend got me for my birthday.
Speaker 2: When was your birthday?
Speaker 1: Well, it haven't happened yet.
Speaker 6: When is it?
Speaker 4: June sixth?
Speaker 2: June sixth, that's CLO's birthday?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Who's Chloe?
Speaker 2: That's my sister.
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, No, you don't have to be sorry. I don't think you should be sorry because I don't. I don't know why, you know. I don't think you like we're not that close you and I.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought we were.
Speaker 2: I mean I think objectively, we're not that that. We're not that close. I feel like we're not close enough. We're like, you should reasonably know what my sister's name is even?
Speaker 4: Okay? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you offended by that? I feel like I've offended you.
Speaker 13: Wait, what.
Speaker 2: Danny? Could you do me a favorite? Are you sitting on the couch right now? Could you stand up?
Speaker 4: I will sure?
Speaker 2: Are you you look at the TV right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Turnaround?
Speaker 3: That's weird, okay you look?
Speaker 2: What do you look? What are you looking at? Now?
Speaker 8: The wall?
Speaker 2: It's just so, it's a blank wall.
Speaker 1: I have this like metal thing with mirrors on it that I got from Dead Bath and Beyond years ago.
Speaker 2: A metal thing with mirrors on it? What does that? Man?
Speaker 1: It's like it's supposed to be art. It costs like twenty dollars. It's not that pretty, But I need is something you take up space?
Speaker 2: M Is there any only? That's the only thing, the only you know what you're saying. I could picture it in my mind's But it's a metal thing, a bunch of circles, a bunch of metal it. Yeah, I thought I've seen something like that before. Is that is? It's the only thing that you're looking at right now?
Speaker 4: That is the only thing.
Speaker 2: Can you see yourself and the reflection of it?
Speaker 1: Well now it can't. I got a little bit closer to the mirror, so they're really small mirrors.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a good self image? Do you like yourself?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Actually taking some time, but I've gotten there.
Speaker 2: What do you think what do you think was the most important thing in the process of getting there?
Speaker 10: Realizing that.
Speaker 1: I am independent and that I don't have to follow what other people want me to do.
Speaker 2: I guess, you know, part of your life in which you were primarily just following what other people wanted you to oh yeah, or at least.
Speaker 1: Not really even following what they wanted to do, just feeling really insecure and feeling like if somebody like disapproved of how I was or whatever, that I should feel bad about myself. That was mostly when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I guess what's what's something that you would do that other people would would disapprove of? Well?
Speaker 1: I had, I feel like I my family was like I was very different from my family, and I've realized as I've gotten older that I'm not really as weird as they make me feel. But like I would have, I don't know, like I liked certain kinds of music that my family thought was really weird, like Death Cab for Cutie, which that's very basic. So why did they think that was so weird? I don't know, But tell me, like, Ellie, your music is so your music piece is so weird?
Speaker 11: Oh I just I just spoops, I just revealed.
Speaker 9: My real name.
Speaker 1: Forget that Danny.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean your fake name makes sense because Danny and Ellie are when combined Danielle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow, No, I saidn't.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought that I still thought that your name was Danny, but that your parents called you Ellie, like for Danielle Danielle. Although Ellie it would be a very weird shortening of the name Danielle.
Speaker 1: It would. Yeah, that's that's not a normal shortening that I name. No, what's your nickname? Ghek, okay, you don't have another one?
Speaker 2: Like a what do you mean like something people call me? Yeah, I don't know. What do you what do you want to call me? You want to give me a nickname?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Well you know Lyle, I gotta say. Ever since I watched Georgia the Jungle back in the day years ago, I've always hated Lyles, Like I've always just thought Lyle, like every Lyle in my life has to be a villain, right, So I feel like that's not a good name.
Speaker 2: Lyle is not a very common name.
Speaker 1: It isn't. It isn't. I did Actually once there was one summer. I met two Lyles in the same summer, and they're both kind of annoying. They weren't even that bad, so I can't really say they were real.
Speaker 2: Why were they annoying?
Speaker 1: Well, they were children and I was a camp counselor and one of them had a huge crush on me and just kept following me around and causing trouble trying to get my attention. We had to put him in time out a lot. And then there was this other kid who would just other lyle would just just sit and not talk to anybody for you know, the whole eight hours of camp. He would just sit there and I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, hey, on you, he's probably brooding to make you think yeah, yeah, well, you know, I don't know if you hate me as in an attempt to like further the narrative just for the sake of balance in your own life, which I would totally understand. I don't know that many Dannies, no.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I probably know two throughout the years. I don't know them anymore. It might be my Facebook friend.
Speaker 2: How much would you sell me that mirror thing?
Speaker 6: For gosh?
Speaker 1: I mean, if I if I had if you know, if I did a yard sale and I put it on my yard and you came by and said, hey, how much for that, I'd probably say five dollars.
Speaker 2: Really, you give it to me for five dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been here for years, all right, I'll take.
Speaker 13: It, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it's been a pleasure doing business with you, Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah you too.
Speaker 2: Hell if you have a wonderful rest of the night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you too.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Good night. I appreciate you too. Gek has been gek chat has become gek book marketplace.
Speaker 4: All from fell me worm.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, have you ever been in a fight?
Speaker 7: I sure have.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, recently I went to a bar. Let me bash track a little bit. I matched with a girl on Facebook Dating and then she works at a bar.
Speaker 2: Did you match with the girl?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Actually, hold on, let let me, let me let me turn you down a little bit. Sure, you match with a girl on Facebook Dating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like tender bud hosted by Facebook.
Speaker 2: I know what it is. I've never I uh, haven't you used face? I used Facebook Dating a long time. I don't even know if it still exists.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it still exists.
Speaker 2: Damn, I gotta check my Facebook dating account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might have in your area some hot get goos in your area.
Speaker 2: Could cool? Okay, you matched with a woman on Facebook Date? Hold on, is is our caller too loud? Here? No, it's not. It's not your problem, it's the it's the.
Speaker 4: I got you on the speaker too. I could even take you off speaker maybe that'll help.
Speaker 2: I think it's the technical asp It's my fault, all right. Anyway, all are you matched with a lady on Facebook Dating who works at a bar? Continue?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I uh I decided, you know what, when why don't I go visitor? I'm I'm snapping her on the snapchat. Sure, and uh so I go over. I sit down at the bar. It's it's got this kind of like towny feel to it, and there's you know, a handful of other people there. And at one point somebody somebody says, oh, hey, you know, you stuck out to me because everybody hears the regular and you're not. So it's that kind of bar.
Speaker 7: I was like, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So one of the first things that happened is that a couple of people came in and wanted to chug pictures. But the tafts weren't working, so they had an argument with the bartender, the one bartender that girl, and it got like really intense between them about how many tall boys they should order. So that was almost a fight. And then there were and then I started sucking with the fan at one point and somebody was.
Speaker 7: Like, hey, quit it.
Speaker 4: I was like, do you work here?
Speaker 9: And she was like, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Actually, and then her boyfriend got all up in my face.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like you were like I was like fidgeting with it. Like I was like like like spinning it. It was off, but I was spinning it.
Speaker 2: Ceiling You were fidgeting a ceiling fan? Yeah, how do I would have? Why? Why are you fidgeting with this? That's not that that's not really a fidget position. That's you have to be like standing on a chair or something.
Speaker 4: Well, they were like, I guess low ceilings and high bar chairs because I'm not I'm really not a tall dude.
Speaker 2: I'm like five to five, all right, So someone told you to stop messing with the ceiling fan.
Speaker 12: And that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was like, that's a three thousand dollars fan. Do you want to pay for that? And I was like, do you work here? And she was like, yeah, I do, and then her boyfriend started getting up all my face and I was like, all right, dude. He walked away and I started sucking with the fan again, and then he almost started at me, but then the bartender lit girl started like bitching him out, and all his friends calmed him down and they actually left. Then I was about to leave, say ten to fifteen minutes later, sure, and then I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you were fucking with that fan, ah, you know.
Speaker 4: But this other guy who wasn't even involved, who must, who was like way older, like like late thirties maybe forties, was like, hey, you little shit, you want to fight? And I had already gone outside since when his friends for the other guy were holding them back and said, hey, if you want to, if you want to, you know, if you want to deal with this outside, we can go outside. So I went outside for a little while and he didn't come out, so I was already prepped to fight, so I was like, all right, fuck it, let's fight.
Speaker 2: Dude. You know what you are in this situation. You are like SpongeBob in the SpongeBob SquarePants movie, going in. That's a good analogy going into the bar with all the like tough sailor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's a really good analogy.
Speaker 2: When he like blows bubbles, but your version of blowing bubbles as you're fucking with the ceiling fan. Yeah, that's kind of picturing this situation.
Speaker 4: It's not inaccurate. No, no, no, So this this one dude, I went to throw a punch and he started grappling immediately, like he grabbed me and we went to the ground on the concrete, and he kept asking me if I wanted to give up, and I kept saying no, you're just like holding me, like you're not even choking me. And I got out of there out of his grasp eventually after some people started coming out and saying, hey, we're gonna call the police, and I was like, okay, all right while he was fighting me, and then after I got out of his grip, I kicked him in the face and he didn't get up. So I got my long board and I board it off into the sunset looks back. He still wasn't up.
Speaker 2: Why are we fucking with a ceiling fan?
Speaker 12: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Good question I can't answer. That I don't know, you felt like the mood.
Speaker 2: I feel like you know, one day, but you're not gonna notice in that guy he's got a roundhouse kick you in the face out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: That would be the karma, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope it happens. Not because I don't like you, but because I I like I like balance.
Speaker 4: No, I do like balance. I'm in Dallas, so I believe in that. So I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: You're a Taoist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like the doubt it's saying you ever read that book or.
Speaker 2: Heard of it? That's like the way, right, that's like with the with.
Speaker 4: The yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Your explanation where they were like, why are you fucking with the ceiling fan? It's the way the way. There's a part there's a part about fucking with ceiling fans in the book. Yes, well listen, gummy warm. It was a pleasure talking to you. It is a pleasure you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anytime, anytime. I hope to remain part of the stream for many streams to come, as you know, avite at a time.
Speaker 2: Happy to have you here. Well, maybe one day you can come over and you can, uh, fuck with my ceiling fan. That sounds like a euphemism, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have a ceiling fan in your bode?
Speaker 2: I have no possessions. Uh. I'm nearly a lizard traveling through time and space. And I thank you so much for calling into my stream.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, thanks for having me of course.
Speaker 2: Man, good night, night.
Speaker 6: All from David.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 9: Yo, what's good?
Speaker 7: Get go.
Speaker 2: David. Hell have you ever been in a fight?
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 6: I was in a fight recently, about four or five weeks ago at my college.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the short version of this.
Speaker 14: Is I was in the game room at my college with some of my friends and one of my one of my friends no longer my friends, is he's He can be a bit of a volatile person. He has his own issues, which.
Speaker 6: I won't get into because of his own privacy. But he was being just very aggressive and he was being a dickhead, and I said, hey, you need to knock it off, and he threw a drink in my face and so I said to him, you're a fucking child. You have no self control, and he decided to respond to that by fucking assaulting me. He tried to throw hands. He didn't know, he doesn't know how to throw hands.
Speaker 7: He cannot fight.
Speaker 6: I threw one punch and that was pretty much it. He went down, got up after a second, and then some people stepped in between us.
Speaker 2: David, are you conflict avoidant?
Speaker 8: I tend.
Speaker 6: I think I tend to avoid conflict a bit more. I don't. I would prefer not to get into a fight. I would really only resort to resort to physical violence if I was trying to defend myself or another person.
Speaker 2: And how often do you find yourself in situations in which you need to defend yourself?
Speaker 6: Not often. The only other, only other situation where I've ever had to defend myself was a couple of years ago, and even then it wasn't a very like threatening situation.
Speaker 2: Do you feel well prepared to defend yourself physically?
Speaker 6: I think so. I think I can hold my own in a fight, and I think I can throw with a decent bit of weight.
Speaker 2: It's good to know that you are able to defend yourself. I personally, if anyone I mean they're like, I mean kind of literally like I bet there are there are definitely like fourteen year olds that could beat the shit out of me if they wanted to.
Speaker 6: Oh. Absolutely, I'm kind of a small guy, I am. I am more than susceptible to a fourteen year old.
Speaker 13: M hm.
Speaker 2: Trying to think of the youngest, big guy, I'm trying. I'm trying to have the youngest age of child that I could confidently say there exists no child of that age in the entire world that I could not be in a fight. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like that would at the most, at the very most be like, I feel like the very youngest set could be a threat to you would probably be like fifteen, sixteen, if they were some maybe if they were some kind of like.
Speaker 2: That's not true, that's not true. I think there's probably, I mean, how confident, like, there's probably a thirteen year old out there that could beat the shit out of me.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, probably. I guess somewhere, some some kid who like works out all the time.
Speaker 2: I'll say, with confidence, some.
Speaker 6: Kid who's getting back at the bullies, I'll say.
Speaker 2: With confidence, I just spit out a little piece of rice cake.
Speaker 9: That's okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say, with confidence, Uh, there exists no six year old. I'll do, six, six, I'll do. There's no six year old in the world of all seven billion people in any country anywhere that I could not beat up in a fight.
Speaker 6: I see one one six year old? No, But then the question from there is how many can you send off before you start to get overwhelmed? Is it like ten? Is it twenty?
Speaker 2: What's the max standard six year old I could fight off? Are they all attacking it? Once?
Speaker 6: They're all attacking it once you're getting you know, you're getting sworn by six year olds.
Speaker 2: I could fight off probably ten of them. That'd be kind of fun. You ever seen what was it? What's that movie Stepbrothers? Was it where they beat up all the kids?
Speaker 6: I don't think I've seen that movie.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, David, it was a pleasure. I'm talking to these hypotheticals with you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much much for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course you have one for us the night.
Speaker 7: This has been a dream of mine for a long time.
Speaker 2: Have we never spoken before, David?
Speaker 6: We have not spoken before. I started watching you back in January.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Well, how are you doing? Is there anything else you want to talk about? Uh?
Speaker 6: I don't know, not a whole lot like life's going pretty it's going on right right now. I'm just kind of waiting for stuff to get moving again. Finish, finish my semester, finished the previous semester, and now I'm just trying to get work.
Speaker 2: Not a whole lot going on working what.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get a job back at a restaurant I was working at last summer.
Speaker 9: Just as a busboy at that place.
Speaker 6: That was a very nice job. The balls enjoying nice and I got some decent pay.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope it. I hope it uh works out for you. I hope you get paid. Thank you trillion dollars. And Jeff Bezos dines at your restaurant and goes, hey, that bus boy give him one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: If he doesn't say that, I uh, maybe maybe I can. Maybe I can sneak up on them.
Speaker 2: You could, you could, You could steal from him, but that would be illegal, and I don't do anything that's illegal.
Speaker 6: She is so rich that I feel like it should not matter.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not gonna ar miss the night, David. Thank you so much for a good.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me, David.
Speaker 7: Good luck, I'll see you how from Lucifer.
Speaker 2: Lucifer. Lucifer would go, what are you doing? Man?
Speaker 7: Nothing much? I've been trying to call you for like months, nothing off.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, Well listen, Lucifer. Uh, now that we've finally can talk here is is there something in these months and months of you calling me that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 7: Nothing specific, just more so like the prompted questions, because I had a story. I had two stories, if you want to pick from either. One one's personal and one was from my manager when I worked at Spencer's a few years back. So whatever interesting?
Speaker 2: So one of them is not your story, no, but it's it's really interesting.
Speaker 7: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like I feel like i'm only you know, I feel bad having someone else's story told on here without their permission.
Speaker 7: You know that's true.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if that's our story to tell here? Doesn't shock.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're right about that one. I'd have to ask him about it. And if they ever.
Speaker 2: Listen, what's your story? Who did you get into a fight with?
Speaker 7: So a few months back, I was in the Funny fun I was in uh funny Partial, The Partial Partial hostilization. H yeah, yeah, the funny phone, and uh they like I knew I had issues, which is I self admitted from my own you know, safety, it was the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 7: I constantly was in arguments with the doctors because they wanted to put me on meds that I wasn't I didn't want to take, and they would get really aggressive about it, uh like. And it wasn't like trying to think of like the best way to explain it. They were meds that were gonna give me more issues than solved issues. And I was constantly explaining to them that they were going to mess with me. Like, for example, I had an eating disorder, like a real bad one at the time, and these antidepressants were most common. Top side effect was just worse than your eating habits, and I was like, I'm not taking these and it would be constant, just aggression back and forth.
Speaker 2: It wasn't physical, obviously, but you know, so who did you fight?
Speaker 7: I fought with the doctor a lot. It was a lot of back and forth because they really wanted to put me on these meds that I just didn't want to take, and I was like, could I get something else? And He was like, well, we filed these ones for you, you're not taking them, so why would we want to put you on other ones? And I was like, I can't really argue with that point, but I, you know, already told you I didn't want to go on these meds in the first place, so there was no impact and there was uh no way for me to really you know, get better during that stay there, which you know, it's a very different story, I feel like from most of these, which were physical fights, but this was definitely more of a verbal fight because I, for me, I personally considered verbal fights sold to be fights.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm glad you made the decision that you felt was right for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I appreciate it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What to tell you necessarily.
Speaker 7: Oh well, you know, I actually have an evaluation coming up pretty soon, so maybe they'll be able to put me on the right stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, good glad to hear that.
Speaker 7: How's your not going there?
Speaker 2: How is my night going? It's going good?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Coming on?
Speaker 2: Why all I said? I said it's going good.
Speaker 7: Oh, so you said it's not going good.
Speaker 4: I got real scared.
Speaker 2: You know, I haven't been to a doctor in a while. But if I told them what I was eating, they'd probably tell me I had about three weeks left to live, so I'm trying to live it up until then.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I eat that worm.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for calling in and sharing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course, have a good night you too.
Speaker 2: Man goes on the line.
Speaker 12: Every night
Speaker 2: Showing his ideas, teaching you Cloud to live your life, but he's not really an expert.