Speaker 1: Welcome to the best of the week for What's Right with Nick Right, the best takes in moments from this week on the show. Enjoy all right, demons, Let's get to it. The Chiefs are six and six.
Speaker 2: Chiefs are a rough spot.
Speaker 3: You've always said, with the combination of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes that they've always had a shot. But now your Chiefs are six and six in two games out of the Wildcard, not two games out of the Arrowhead Invitational to the Wildcard. Yep, yeah, they have none of the key tie breakers with the head to add teams.
Speaker 2: How word are you at the state the Chiefs are in right now?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I mean, you've got to be really concerned that the only way they guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs is by winning out, And I am listen, some folks are It is not a mathematical certainty that winning out gets them in, but winning out gets them in, and so they they are alive. And the AFC to me does feel as wide open as it has at any point in my life, maybe since eight, the year Brady went down with an injury, and it wasn't a great Peyton Manning year. And so certainly the most wide open it's been in more than a decade. So if they were to get hot, play their best football, get in, I think that they would be immediately the Vegas favorites to win the conference. The problem is getting in is going to be very difficult because of those tiebreakers they don't have that you mentioned now. If they were to beat Houston and then the Chargers, which are their next two, then baby, they could lose to Denver and sneak in at ten and seven because they would have a tiebreaker over the Colts, tiebreaker over the Ravens, which won't matter, and a tiebreaker over Houston. Maybe there would be a path there, but the only certain path is winning out, and right now it is very difficult to trust this team. Even though Patricks had at least a five game winning streak every year of his career, It's very difficult to trust this team to win five straight because quite simply, they can't get off the field. And this was a problem in Week one against the Chargers. It was a problem against Josh Allen, it was a problem against bow Knicks, and it was a huge problem against Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys. Where historically what the Chiefs defense would do really well is one good run stop on a drive to put you in second and nine, one forcing completion to put you in third and nine, and then dial something up to get you off the field. All game long and all season long, this team has been forcing third and longs and then been totally unable to get off the field. And that is why despite Patrick playing at the level that he is, and he was brilliant on Thursday, and he's currently he's third in the league in yards, fourth in the league in touchdowns, second in the league in QBR, the ESPN stat first in the league in the nerd stat that I don't love EPA. He's having an awesome year, but poorly time turnovers by the Chiefs in previous games, and the total inability all season long, aside from the Colts fourth quarter against the Colts to make impact plays on defense might wreck the season. They are right now the fourth worst third and long defense in the league. They have the fourth fewest sacks in the league. They have the sixth fewest force turnovers in the league, and that's why they find themselves in this position.
Speaker 3: With all that said, do you think that there was a move that they could have made during the during trade deadline.
Speaker 2: During the trade deadline to change.
Speaker 1: That, well, I mean, listen, the Eagles picked up Jalen Phillips, they could like, he's the only real impact pass rusher. They're not gonna they weren't gonna trade for Quentin Williams when you have Chris Jones. Like and at the trade deadline, people wanted them to go after a running back and they, by the way, they almost did trade for Bresee Hall. But I don't they need more from the Listen, they paid George Carloffts this offseason, they have drafted ed rushers. They're just it's it's Chris Jones or nothing on getting to the quarterback. And that's a problem. And now you have this game against Houston Demonse where Josh Simmons, who's been an a plus as a rookie left tackle when he's been out there, he missed that month with the family issue. He suffered such an unlucky fluke freak injury that I don't know if you saw how he got hurt, he's blocking. I forget who an ed rusher for Dallas and the Chiefs running back I don't know if it was Hunter Pacheco tried to help him to chip like where they throw the shoulder and they missed the cowboy and hit him in the left arm and snapped his wrist. So his own teammate just kind of friendly fire. And no, I think it's I think he's out along. I think he might be out the rest of the year, but he's certainly out this weekend and they play, in my opinion, the best pass rush in the NFL this weekend in Houston. Juwan Taylor will see if he plays. They if he's just out, then they should be able to at least make do because then you have Jalen Moore, who you sign this offseason. If he is, if he and Juwan Taylor are out and you have to play Juanya Morris, who they have tried and tried and tried to make a legitimate NFL tackle and just hasn't worked, then you're in real, real trouble. And so it is. It's very precarious. It's the most precarious it's ever been in Kansas City. There's no getting around that. Now. With that said, I know myself and I don't think it will be unreasonable or irrational that if if they win Sunday, and I'm telling you right now, with that offensive line situation, Chiefs minus three and a half are not gonna be one of my picks this week. If they win Sunday, then I will feel like, all right, beat the Chargers next week and you're gonna go to another Super Bowl. That's how all feel I will. I feel like they're a win away from being a win away. If that makes sense, yeah, sense, And so I I have not my hope. I've not given up hope or given up belief, but my confidence has been shaken because it should be. Because they had to have the Broncos game and they lost. They then really had to have the Colts game, and it took everything furious fourth quarter, the biggest fourth quarter comeback of Mahomes' career to win that one. And then they had the opportunity against Dallas. And that's again I'm not gonna bang on the defense too much, but three times this year, Demons, the Chiefs have trailed in the fourth quarter, Mahomes has led a fourth quarter comeback to take the lead, and then they lost the game anyway. Three times. Via Scott Kasmar for context. The third blown fourth quarter comeback for Tom Brady in his career came in year fifteen. Year fifteen tappened three times this season, So it's the margins are that thin and if there is one game or one moment that to me just stands out as if they don't go on this run, and if they missed the playoffs by a game that I'm going to look back to, it will be up fourteen nothing against the Jags dominating that game. Trevor throws a lollipop up in the air. Two Chiefs have a chance to pick it, and basically in the game in the first quarter, they bump into each other and it falls to the ground. They kind of laughed and like, you know, they're dominating the game, and then that led to a Jags touchdown a couple hours later. Mahomes throws the one hundred yard pick six. A little bit after that, after the Chiefs take a late lead, Trevor falls down, Chris Jones doesn't see it, he runs it in. That's the difference right now between the Chiefs being six and six and having none of the tiebreakers and the Chiefs being seven and five and having a few of the tiebreakers. So that's that's how thin your marans are.
Speaker 3: You're saying like they're a win, they're one. There are two games away. Even if they you're saying that they could they could also make the super Bowl. If they do make the Super Bowl, are you still like scared of those defensive problems with getting off the field.
Speaker 1: Scared of Listen? Of course, listen, I don't think that is those are going to go away. What I what I do think is they have they are better than a six and six record, and the AFC is wide open. And if, like again I have.
Speaker 2: To say, you're expecting some teams to slip.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting to well a couple of things. One is I if they make the playoffs, it will mean they're on a five game winning streak and playing their best football of the year. So I will then, of course, you know, believe that they can get through this version of the AFC. And then to answer you're hypothetical, if they were to then make the Super Bowl, they'd be on an eight game winning streak, and I of course would feel like those things are solid. It's also and this isn't excuses, that's just reality. It's an unlucky year to potentially be a ten win team. Since they expanded the playoffs in twenty twenty, so we have five years of it. Zero eleven win teams have ever missed the playoffs. Only two in five years. Ten win teams have missed the playoffs and eight teams And this isn't by winning a bad division. This is wild card teams. Eight teams with eight or nine wins have gotten a playoff spot. So if it were just you know, the but this year it's not that. This year the AFC is wide open, but the there's not really a middle class. It's teams that are gonna win nine, ten, eleven, and then teams that are awful with really no is not a glut of seven or eight when teams it doesn't look like and that's gonna make getting into the tournament really hard. With that said, all of this is predicated on obviously the Chiefs winning this weekend. So if they win this weekend, they have the same record as Houston with the tiebreaker right, so that moves them ahead of Houston. They still would need to jump two more teams. Will they play the Chargers, who they're two behind, But the Chargers schedule is is the hardest in football by a mile Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Texans, Broncos, and Justin Herbert has a broken left hand. So again, if you're assuming Chiefs can win the next two, that puts them in really good position versus the Chargers and the Texans, and then you just need one of Actually you know that would do it, wouldn't it. That would do it, because what the Steelers and Ravens take care of themselves, So that would do it. Now, with all that said, I actually think the team most likely to full on fall apart is the Colts. I think the Colts are mid fall apart already and demons. If they lose to the Jaguars this weekend, they might not win again. They've already lost three of their last four, their one win was in overtime against Atlanta, and their final five are at Jacksonville, at Seattle home for the Niners, home for the Jags, at Houston and Sauce Gardner is going to be out, so I the Colts. Daniel Jones as a fracture in his leg, Sauce is out, Jonathan Taylor has slowed down, so I the team ahead of the Chiefs most likely in my opinion, to just fall off is Indy okay, and and so that's the the path for the Chiefs to make it. At ten and seven is Indy falls apart, and the Chargers fall apart, and then the Jags Texans one team from the AFC North Bill's Patriots Broncos chiefskin it. So like that's the that would be the route, that's the path, but that's a pretty The only way to be sure they get in is win all five, and they have not yet looked like a team that's ready to go on a five game winning streak. It's the reality situation. Today's shows brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet Big News. Hard Rock Bet is now live in Michigan. Sign up today and place your first five dollars sports bet. If it wins, you get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings. And if you're more into casino games, new customers can get up to one thousand dollars back in casino bonus. If you're not up money after your first twenty four hours playing slots, win money or get a casino bonus back, plus you get two hundred dollars in bonus spends winnings paid in cash. Not sure what to place your first bet on, head over the hard Rock Bets Stats Hub and it will help you out. It's loaded with trend streets and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie in neither does the data in there. Check out the stats up now, get the edge and bet with confidence. Plus. Hard Rock Bet offers new promos daily plus big legendary rewards drop every Thursday like gifts under the tree, So whenever you're listening, just open the app. Check out what they've got waiting for you. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida call one eight eight admit it in Indiana if you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia Demons. Let's talk Giannis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So on Tuesday we talked about how impossible it was for Gianni's to be catching Lebrono in that all time season points. Today we're gonna be talking about how possible it is that he's leaving Milwaukee. Do you think that's gonna eventually happen? His agent and the Bucks are talking about his future there. Jhanna seems a little fake.
Speaker 2: Too, What do you mean? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like he says one thing and he always means another thing. Like I feel like he did the same thing with the like Drew Holiday trade. I feel like he did the same thing with this offseason. It saything he wants to be there, and like he kind of hasn't wanted to be there the entire time.
Speaker 1: So this kind of goes back to the Lane Kiffen thing. It's very important in life to learn at an early ag nobody gets everything. Nobody gets everything, and there is there are trade offs that adults have to make where they do the old cliche pros and cons list, and you determine what matters most to you and what will make you happiest and act accordingly. And when you say Yannis has seemed a little fake, what I think is causing that is he wants to be beloved in Milwaukee and doesn't want to play for Milwaukee anymore. And he I think recognizes those two things might be in conflict. Now. I don't think he would ever be reviled or hated in Milwaukee at large. He's a franchise legend. He delivered them their only championships since Kareem there. You know, he has been a great NBA citizen and an even greater NBA player or vice versa, however you want to look at it. He's one of the twenty greatest players ever. All of that is that cement is dry. But I think he understands that in whatever is left of his prime, which could be you know, up to four years, maybe he might have that much longer in his prime. This Bucks seems not going to be able to compete for anything. They have mortgaged and second mortgaged and taken out payday loans on the future and those bills have all slowly but surely do and so I think it's pretty clear he does want out, and I think it's also pretty clear he doesn't know exactly how to do that because he doesn't want to just straightforward to a trade demand. But we are inching towards it. So in today's NBA there, and by the way, it should also be noted, last night it looked like he might have suffered a catastrophic injury, the dreaded non contact look back did someone kick me reaction, which everybody these days knows that is part and parcel with an achilles tear. But we've now had back to back big time athletes in a couple of weeks have that exact reaction to what appears to be that injury, and for both of them it was the far less series but still very scary calf strain to what happened with Sauce Gardner a couple of weeks ago, and Toy, I'm with Giannis last night, and so I talked with, Uh, yeah, I'm allowed to say this. I actually oddly, randomly, Uh no, I'm not gonna say who it was. I talked with one of the greatest athletes ever, uh in real time about Tyrese Haliburton's achilles right when it happened, and that what that person said was in our game. The calf strain is the new I think he said acl not in that you're out of year with it, but it's the most dreaded injury, and it's because there's no way this again, this was this guy's opinion, but he would know there's no way to rehabit. You simply have to stay off it. So I think Yannis, like, here's the thing that I think is noteworthy and why I wanted to start with this. It is very possible that last night was Yannis's last game with the Bucks. That's on the board. I might even go as far as to say it's the most likely reality because if he has to miss weeks, maybe up to a month with a calf strain, and obviously he and Milwaukee are going to want to be incredibly cautious with this. Then come December fifteenth, you know, that's eleven days away, and that's when everybody who signed this offseason is eligible to be traded. More people are eligible to be traded starting the beginning of January, and this just could happen in the next month, and at this point I think it is going to happen in.
Speaker 3: The next month. Where do you think will be the best landing spot for him?
Speaker 1: So ESPN credit to them, did a good job putting together five trades. And this is why I'm I really want to credit them, because with the new CBA and the aprons, it is very difficult to construct trades that actually work. So these five ESPN trades, Bobby Marx has given them the stamp of yes, the CBA would allow it. The off the board most interesting one that I actually think might be the most win win, have a chance to compete, go on deep playoff runs, and you could sell it to both fan bases, and sadly is the least likely to happen is Yannis to the Hawks. So here is ESPN's trade is as follows Jannis and Cole Anthony for salary reasons for Trey Young and Resa Shay. So the number one overall pick from a couple of years ago in Resa Shay, Trey Young who's got a couple of years left on his deal. And then some really juicy picks, most notably the first round pick the Pelicans traded to the Hawks. Which keep in mind, here's why that trade is so interesting for Milwaukee. That first round pick the Pelicans traded to the Hawks demons is the better of New Orleans is picked this year or Milwaukee's pick this year. Yeah, so what Milwaukee would right, what Milwaukee would then allow for is if by trading Giannis you fall apart in the short term, you then have the Pelicans ping pong balls and your own ping pong balls, right, and whichever is the best of those two, you get that pick in this draft. Atlanta also has twenty twenty seven first round pick top four protected in this trade. That is again, well, this is the worst of the Pelicans in the Bucks, but maybe you could sweeten it to the better of and then a couple other picks. So that to me is really interesting. If you keep Jalen Johnson, you keep Dyson, Milwaukee then can maybe flip Tray Young as well. And Resa schay was the number one pick of a draft and Atlanta, which has proven they're just as good with or without Tray Young this season, maybe better without him. Jannis Jalen Johnson porzingis when he's out there, it's a very interesting team in a wide open East and with flexibility moving forward. So that's the one that makes the most sense for everybody. I don't know that I think that one is realistic in that I don't know if that's something Yannis would sign off on. Yeah, and but I think that's the best Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Can and doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It has seemed like Gianni's has wanted to play for a big market team.
Speaker 2: So the way that he talks, and that might be right.
Speaker 1: And Atlanta is bigger than Milwaukee obviously, but it's not like the Marquee market. I also think Atlanta is more attractive to American born NBA stars than international so I think that. But from a basketball perspective, you stay in the Eastern Conference, the team key really good pieces. I think there's a lot of reasons for it. The next rad ESPN brings up, it's the one we talked about all summer, which was Yannis to the Rockets. Here's the thing, so this is Yannis and his brother for Shingoon and Van Vliet, who's obviously out for the year with an injury, and one first round pick. I don't love this for either team. Yeah, to be totally honest, I don't think that's quite enough. Demon's if you're Milwaukee. As much as I love I love Shongoon, that's to me not enough because you've traded away so many of your own future picks, like you need more draft capital. And if I'm Houston, I'm like, man, I'm all of a sudden getting really old, like I already have Durant. Now I'm adding a guy in year thirteen in Yon, I promise, yeah, right, it doesn't. Right now as is, we have the number one offense in all of basketball and we're doing it without a point guard because Shingoon kind of plays that. So that's just if I'm Houston. And the other thing is if I'm in the West this year, I don't know that I want to push all my chips in this year because I might feel like, Okayc's just sitting there anyway. So I loved that this offseason, I don't love it as much now that the next trade ESPN had. And again, I usually like to make my own trades, but the CBA is so restrictive and there's only a handful of teams that this makes sense for that it didn't make sense for me. I would have come up with these everybody's talking about these same four or five teams, and if we're talking about the same teams, we're all gonna be talking about the same players. So I'll just give Kevin Pelton and Bobby Marks their their credit for getting this out there and crib off their work. The next one de monsa is the Knicks Yannis and Sims again for salary reasons. Sims back to New York by the way, for Karl Anthony Towns collect Diadet. So really Yannis for Towns plus a twenty twenty six first round pick that won't be a first round pick because it's the Wizard's pick that's top eight protected and where are the Wizards? So like that that one's that's a fake good pick. Like, let me just look at the standings real quick. Yeah, Wizards where I thought they would be, where they always are last. So that that that the and then some pick swaps and and just really just pick swaps. So that's the problem. The problem for Milwaukee getting to getting Yannis Demons, I'm sorry, the Knicks getting Yannis is it's really just Yiannis for Towns straight up, with likely no extra picks. Right man, that's a tough Cell. Yeah, that's a really tough sell if you're Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I was gonna say, and you might. I think Karl Anthony Towns is the better shot. Obviously is the more physical, imposing.
Speaker 1: Player, but is a way better player. Oh yeah, it would change. You would lose shooting, you would lose some spacing, There's no doubt about it. But if the Knicks could flip Towns for Giannis, and that's the only rotation pieces they're trading, they become the overwhelming Eastern Conference favorites over the Jalen Brunson and Gianni's running pick, Like, there's overwhelming. I just they traded all those picks away for Bridges. And so the only way Yiannis goes there is if the he says that's the only place I want to go, and Milwaukee bends to it. So there's two more the Spurs they can include a bunch of picks, and again it would be a real negotiation. Are you including Castle or are you including uh Dylan Harper? Are you are we trading dearon Fox? That's the one that if if I were Milwaukee, I would be interested in if I could get Harper instead of Castle, and if I were san Antonio, I might look at it like this, Man, I do not know how long Wimby's prime is gonna be. Like I think that is. I think because of his size and already the injury stuff. I think that like you can't treat Wimby's timeline like Cooper Flax or like a traditional.
Speaker 3: When it comes to trading, I can actually think about putting him in or no no no no no.
Speaker 1: No no, I'd never trade him. What I'm saying is, I'm saying I think sometimes when you have a great really young players not yet to his prime, you're like, let's wait to make the move.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying, like move now back now.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, accelerate. I'm saying, if you're san Antonio, it might make sense to accelerate because you don't know if in ten years what you know your best chance to win might be right, you know, the next four years or something. So that to me is an interesting one. But again, does Yannis want to go uh from Milwaukee to San Antonio? And does Yannis want to spend the end of his prime as maybe the second guy on a team I don't know? And then the last one is Golden State, which I just don't under understand why Milwaukee would do this. This is Draymond, Kaminga and Healed, none of which are at this point in their careers useful players like at a high level without Steph, without you know, somebody that creates the offense. Draymond's super useful in his role, but on a bad team. And then a bunch of first round picks. I totally get why the Warriors would do this, but I don't. I don't. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: And I feel like Draymond going to another team that definitely stunts it a much longer season in the league.
Speaker 1: I think they'd buy Yeah, and I you know Draymond, you would then maybe flip Draymond to a contender that could want right because he's Draymond's still super useful if you're playing big backsketball games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah and so, and if I'm Milwaukee, I don't know that I want a bunch of first round picks from Golden State when I know Golden State's got that ownership, that coach, and going to have Jiannis even when Steph is gone. So Atlanta is the best trade. Houston's the most interesting. The Knicks are far and away the worst trade. And what only happen if Jannis demands it and and Milwaukee acquiesces and then I don't see the Warriors and the Spurs. One really depends on how aggressive the Spurs want to be. So but I think Giannis, my big takeaway Demons is I think we now it is more likely than not that the next game, because of the injury last night, the next game Yannis plays in the NBA will be for a different team, which is crazy. By the way, if you're thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data, good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home. How about that or a home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone Pro and get you set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. So other you get the new iPhone, it comes right to you and a tech comes in, get all your stuff transferred, get you set up on the network, visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boost mobile dot Com. Terms of course do apply. All right, let's talk a little college football if we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, big story college football. Lane Kiffin's now going to LSU. You wanted to talk about this, but not as like a college football story, but more a more of a media story.
Speaker 2: So the floors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there is something. Here's a little parental you know, to tie in Demanse, being a new parent. Here's something you don't have to worry about this for a very long time, Demanse. But this is I take this with you, some parental wisdom, okay, because this to me has applied mostly particularly with my daughters, more so with you than with you, and really the most with Deanna, our youngest, which is you give them options, both of which are things they want. It's not like, you know, be cliche each your vegetables are clean your room. It's two things that they would want to do independently, like, oh, you can go to the mall with mommy or you can go hang out with Nana. It's your choice. And then they seem no matter what they choose to instead of being be excited about what they're going to get to do, sad about the thing they're not doing. And one of the things that I've said to your little sister a bunch is you're I don't want to be harsh, but you're like, you're not allowed to be sad about the choice. If you're the one that's making the choice, like you are, you have two options. They're both good options whichever no matter how much uh wistfulness you might feel about not being able to do the other, you must feel like you're gonna get more joy from doing the one you're choosing. That's why you're choosing it. Okay. So like when when you have two really good options in front of you and you are the one who's making the choice, sadness should not be associated with it because you are. If it really is making you that sad, then pick the other one like you're making the choice. That is a lesson that more adults, most notably in this case, Lane Kiffen and some of his apologists in the media, never learned. Lane Kiffen had two great options. Stay at Ole Miss, coach this team through the college football Playoff, get a sick raise, Get an even better contract. And be a legend in Oxford, or leave Ole Miss, go to rival LSU, get an even sicker contract for a more prestigious program, and have an opportunity to create a historic legacy, while knowing that will mean abandoning your team on the precipice of the biggest games it's played in program history. Please do not cry these alligator tears about how sad you are or how tough this was. You chose to leave. That is your prerogative. You are absolutely allowed to do that. But if it if it's that devastating of a choice, then choose. You should have chose to stay, and you had to know there was a very realistic, overwhelmingly likely possibility that if you chose to leave, they were not going to let you coach the playoff. You chose it anyway. Again, the ridiculous lawless college football world allows these things to happen in a way they could never happen in pro sports. You could never, like could never if last year, before the AFC playoffs started, the Bills couldn't have said, Hey, Andy Reid, we'll give you thirty million a year to leave Kansas City and come to us immediately. Even if Andy wanted to. They're not allowed to because there's a governing body in place that doesn't exist in college football. So this is allowed to happen, and Kivin made his choice, so be it. Salu good luck. I think it screws over the players a bit, But even though they're young people, they kind of know the business. They're in college football. It's the wild West. Fine. So that's my take on Kiffin. My take on the commentary surrounding it is, Listen, I'm not into all everybody's like Jimmy Sexton, you know, has all these coaches, he's the agent. That actually is true. But then there's a lot of and Jimmy Sexton works for CIA, and CIA represents these media personalities, and so they're conflicted out I listen, I used to be repped by CIA. That that bag demands that you carry some of your electronics in a is a CIA sports bag. I'm no longer repped by CIA. People throw a lot of like age. I don't think people totally understand how the agent stuff works. Like people. People seem to think folks in the media work for their agents, when we are the ones who pay the agents, like the agents work for us. So I'm not going to get into the agent part of it, because I think that is a red hearing. Here's what's not a red hearing the amount of otherwise smart people blaming a grown ups decision on an inanimate object. This object is the calendar. Oh, it's the calendar's fault. The college football calendar is just fucked everybody here, that's the issue. You can't blame you. Oh, of course Lane's is gonna take the best job, and it's the Is the college football calendar a mess? Sure? Does that mean we remove agency from choices adults make like to? Again, this is not a perfect example, but I've talked, you know, somewhat about how one of my career I don't even want to call it bucket list, but things I'd really like to do but doubt I'll ever be able to do it is be a part of an Olympics broadcast. Right, So the Winter Olympics are around the corner, and I, again, I have a real contract, not these weird college football contracts, so I couldn't even do this, But just stick with me for a moment. Let's say the Chiefs do go on a sick run and make the playoffs. And then let's say we're staring at a divisional round of Chiefs Ravens and then potentially a conference championship round of Chiefs Patriots. Like the first Things First bonanza, And in the week of that divisional round, NBC calls me up and they're like, Nick, we want you to come to Milan. We want you to come be a part of our Winter Olympics broadcast. But obviously you'd have to be done with first things first immediately if I said yes to that, and then why Wilds and Brew were understandably upset. But then people were like, well, you can't blame Nick, it's this stupid calendar, Like why do the why do the Winter Olympics have to you know, overlap with the NFL playoffs? Like if only it were three weeks later, it'd be fine. No, yes, it would a lot of things in life would be easier and maybe better if we had them planned out, Like the I talk about all the time, the US Open Men's Final being on the first Sunday of NFL football. I hate that. It's the calendar. Change it fine, But again, choices adults make, weighing all their options, they must be accountable for them. And certainly we're not gonna blame dates. Like it's just so the and the amount of water carrying that I've heard over the last week from folks that simply it's like, I like the too long, didn't read version. Is either I like Lane Kiffen, or Lane Kiffen is a source, or Lane Kiffin and I have mutual business interests. Whatever it is, it's just embarrassing. And again, I don't even kill him for the decision. I think there's pros and cons of the decision. I happen to think he made the way riskier decision. He could have been a legend at ole Miss for the next twenty years, but it's not what he wanted to do. So you know, the contract allows for it. Fine, And.
Speaker 3: But almost like Miles Garrett with the contract that he accepted and say yes, I'm tired of losing, and then he got the money and he stayed.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then by the way, no problem with it. But I'm not going to feel badly afterwards. And so the I don't I don't know, man, I just there is some there's a level of shamelessness in some of the coverage of these things that I I I find.
Speaker 3: It's just not acknowledging the fact that, like he made his left decision.
Speaker 1: It screws over the old mis kids a bit. He knew it, he was okay with it. We don't need to pretend he We don't need to pretend it was deeper than lane Kiffin did what he thought was the best for Lane Kiffin and was able to the He would have been more sad about missing out on the opportunity to coach LSU than he is sad about leaving the kids at all miss and missing out on the opportunity to coaching the college football playoffs. It's as simple as that.