Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sole fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's a clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air Ayway. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio and a Happy Sunday due it's National Brownie Day today. It's a recovery day after the malar ugly sweater party that took place last night. What a shindig yet again, we'll I want to as we like to say, and I know Terry and England specifically loves this when we do this on Sunday, Danny, Terry always gets excited when we point out when we have a big event on a Saturday. What we like to do here on the Fifth Hour podcast is let it breathe. Right, you always say, Danny, let it breathe kind of thoughts and all that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It has nothing to do with the timing of the podcast or anything like that. Oh, we don't record this a week ago, you know what I mean? Like otherwise, Ben, how how would you even know it was passover if we recorded this two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No idea, no idea, you know. And it was a of course that was a metaphorical passover on yesterday, it.
Speaker 3: Was, but it was I heard it was a drug fueled party. Maybe a third criminals, and then half of the crowd there was like pd. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, as somebody pointed out, you know, it's tough when you invite radio people because most people on radio have a you know, criminal history, and then you have police who are there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, your wife at one of your party, she said, how could you guys smoke back here? Do you know how many laws officers are here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well the good thing is police officers usually when they're not on duty, very very chill, very they like to have I like to have a good time. They're pretty pretty relaxed. Today is National Lard Day, So if you enjoy some pig fat, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like you just made that up.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Every December eighth is National lard Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like real okay, so real lard because My mom used to tell my stepdad, would you get off your lard ass?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, I know, yeah for sure, but no, it's actually a pig fat has been a staple going back, you know, many many years. Bad publicity, of course for pig fat led to the introduction of vegetables shortening Howard Stern's old PD pig fat. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's uh, that's great. I love that. Lard over butter, Lard, a cheaper substitute, became a popular became a popular as butter in the nineteenth century, but in the early nineteen hundreds, negative publicity. Demand slowed down for lard following the release of Upton Sinclair's novel The Jungle, which generated bad publicity for the product. Nineteen oh seven, Lard without pig fat, a German chemist, introduced especially concocted product that led to the invention of crisco. So then that I mean, I give you all kinds of lard facts. It's all about lard. It's also national It's National Brownie Day today and I did make some brownies for the malar Ugly Sweater Party. The brownie from the Palmer House Hotel in eighteen ninety three, the Great Bertha Palmer, prominent Chicago socialite, husband owned the hotel, and they were futzing around there in that kitchen and they ended up coming up with the brownie. Just think if you were around before eighteen ninety three and you you had not had the delicious brownie, but the Palmer House brownie legend. They should have kept that under wraps there. And then the Brownie Scouts, the Girl Scout Brownie group, they were originally called the Rosebuzz. That was in nineteen. I mean, I got I gotta full of fuck, you know. Let's get to the mail bag. Let's get to thetail bag.
Speaker 3: Here we go, let's go, Ohio, get off your lard butt. It's bag.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Ohio. Al And these are actual letters from actual listeners. If you would like to send a message in for a future mail bag, you can do that care of Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That's Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com if you would like to take part in the first one up is from Marcus Insane Antonio. The Alamo City says dear Ben big Ben and Danny G. I recently sent a request for coop and Danny G. Revisited to be featured on the fifth Hour and figured give my big board wish list for FSR personalities that Ben should have on in the near future. Please feel free to expound at your leisure. And he's got a He says, this is not in no way a list, This is just my own big board.
Speaker 3: So he's pro bono producing.
Speaker 1: He's helping you out, Dan. He says, Danny got Brian Billick. This list should be a piece of cake. Number five. Number five, He says, number five is Bernie Fortello, but I think he means Bernie Fratto.
Speaker 3: Bernie Frato. He wants Bernie on number four.
Speaker 1: For Chris Myers, my old partner, Chris Myers form the NFL on Fox.
Speaker 3: Oh, he kids, because he cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can guarantee you, Marcus, we're gonna have Chris Myers on this podcast. In fact, the holidays are coming up, Danny, so you know, do some interview podcasts.
Speaker 3: Well, Ben, thank you for having me on number three.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you Chris Miles to come on because he's pimping a book, so I will guarante that will come on number three. The pe Petrose Papa Dakas that is Petros is you know?
Speaker 3: Ye, I go back with Pee. I used to dial him up every week to be on Klay Travis's show.
Speaker 1: You had. I knew Petrols when he played running back or full back at USC and they were terrible, and we had him on as a guest when he was playing in college at SC, so I've I've known him since those days. And Petro's very kind over the day. I know him much better than Matt money Smith. I know Matt a little bit, but I don't know him that Petros. I have his number.
Speaker 3: We yeah once a while, dude, that guy's good on the radio in the afternoon with Petros, but he's one of the worst play by play guys in the whole league.
Speaker 1: All right, that was not helpful. Chargers number two, number number number two. It is from Marcus and san Antonio's is not a list, it's a big board and he wants us to break it all down here. These are people he wants to have on and a number two Clay Travis Clay. Would you think Clay would do this? You think Clay?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, he probably would.
Speaker 1: All right, I'd love to have Clay. I want to know what it's like to be in that world, like to go from sports guy to political guy and have to deal with all the political bullshit that you have to deal with.
Speaker 3: The problem with getting him to do an interview is he's distracted a lot with everything going on around him. Yeah, so I feel like it would be like an eighteen minute interview. And then remember who did you talk to? Where they had to go because they were in the car.
Speaker 1: It was that rams uh Jackie Slater.
Speaker 3: Yes, remember how the Slater interview ended?
Speaker 1: What in the world.
Speaker 3: He's like, Ben, They're telling me I got to get out of the car now, And it was so awkward the ending of that. I feel like maybe Clay would get cut off like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we put on for a few minutes. If you if, well, we should get him on at some point. I'd love to find out, because that's that's wild.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: He you talk about big time jobs and you know, I mean he worked with Clay for a while, but to replace Rush Limbaugh, Holy crap. I mean that is he was the biggest star in radio for thirty years, Rush Limbaugh.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, we stood outside of his La studio like little kids. Yeah, you were trying to get his pen.
Speaker 1: I did get him. I did get his pen. I have a pen in my collection. But yeah, I told the I was telling the rain of the story of the and I think I said this on the air.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I talk a lot Danny, as you know, so I don't know if it was on the air or off the air, who knows. But we were having a conversation about when limb Ball came out to do the show and how he was such a big deal. He only did the show from LA a week or two a year, but he has own studio, and they'd send out memos at premiere, like you got to dress up. Rush is gonna be here. You know, everyone clean up. They'd always make sure it was nice and all that.
Speaker 3: Rush body guard security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then Rush would get dropped off from a limo and he'd walk in smoking a cigar. Didn't really care, you know, you just want to do a show and get tell out of there. It was as I remember it, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was crazy because I did drugs with him in the FSR bat.
Speaker 1: Well, who hasn't you know? That's anyway and number one, number one Marcus and san Antonio. He says, in no way is this a list. This is his own big board, he says, toe knee brew. No, the great Tony Bruno. It's an outrage.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we've had Tony on a.
Speaker 3: Couple of times. Yeah, yeah, been there, done that.
Speaker 1: Tony will absolutely come back. I love Tony. Tony was one of my heroes in radio when I was younger, and he's living the great life there in Florida. So yeah, of this, definitely we can get Bernie, Chris Myers. I think Petros would do it. Timing would be a problem on that because of our schedules trying to get a time to have him do the pod. Clay that's up to you, Danny, if you can see if Clay will do it. And Tony, I definitely. You know, Tony's a buddy of mine, so I could definitely get Tony. So I think we could do all five of them. Yeah, it's a doable list. We just need all questions preapproved, Like, yeah, yeah, I gotta Bernie Fratto's good to a man that we send a list of questions.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bernie Fratto's personal PR director is gonna have to uh okay everything oh man.
Speaker 1: Uh And Marcus says, I'll never forget waking up to Tony Bruno doing play by play on nine to eleven. If you can only get one, get Tony on here so we can hear a great conversation between the uh, he says, a couple of Hall of famers. We're very kind of you to say, not a Hall of Famer Tony is though. I think Tony's in Loby, Happy Honick, and merry Christmas. Call Marcus in San Antonio. Thank you, Marcus, and we will effort that. We'll have to figure out we'll have to time out the schedule, Danny. So the weekends that we don't want to do the live will do the they call that. They call them bank shows. Isn't that what they call them bank shows? When you do an interview earlier in the weeks, like a bank show.
Speaker 3: The producers in the hallway, they're like, it's in the can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So we'll have plan that we get Christmas and we've gotten New Year's and so those weeks that were probably not going to be all that interested in coming in here, we'll just line up Bernie and Myers and Petros and Clay and Tony and all that.
Speaker 3: Will conference call all of them and it will be the party line from hell.
Speaker 1: Oh what a nightmare that would be? All right. Next up on the Mailbag, ALF from the Sunshine State Rights and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny, since you've been met up with your former podcast partner recently, can you confirm the rumor that he recently moved in with former Mailbag contributors Helen and Stu in Florida. From ALF, Yeah, I don't know what happened to Helen Stue.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're with us any longer.
Speaker 1: At the same time, though, they both checked out at the same time.
Speaker 3: Well, when you're connected at the hip like that, one usually goes and one follows pretty quickly shortly after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hope not. I hope I'm wrong, But it was weird how they just completely disappeared all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's easier my experience doing the podcast on the radio show. When there's power couples that listen to the show man and woman, there's two reasons they stopped listening. One is their dead, the other is they get divorced. Remember we had the couple in Kentucky that sent the North Kentucky hat I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do remember them. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: They broke up. They got divorced. That's why they stopped listening, because they was they listened together to the show, and then when they got divorced, they wanted nothing to do with each other because they you know, they got divorced, and so they do.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're in the divorce papers like with the attorneys at the table?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Probably yes, who gets custody of mallor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the Hilltop or what was it call the team Northern Kentucky or something like that hill I think it was Hilltopp or something.
Speaker 3: I forget.
Speaker 1: It's a funny hat. Though it's cool at Mike snowed in and Fullerton writes and says, hey, Ben and Danny g. Winter hasn't started yet, but it sure feels it came earlier. In Fullerton, Burr. It's too cold to be outdoors for long. So the past the time, I've just been drinking hot cocoa, playing Monopoly and listening to your fine podcast. Have you guys ever been snowed in before? And have you ever finished the game of Monopoly? It's not easy, believe me, says Mike uh snowed No, I've never been snowed in. I've been a kid. I went on a camping trip when I was in junior high school. It was snow it was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: We didn't get snowed in.
Speaker 1: Uh. I've been in snow several times over the years, but usually in cities, and you're not snowed in when you're in a city. So no, And I don't remember ever finishing a Monopoly game. Usually what Monopoly just decided to stop at some point and you just give up. That's usually how that works. What about you, Danny, ever snowed in anywhere? No?
Speaker 3: I met that player snowed in who plays for the Raiders defense.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, No, I thought that was That was the guy in Russia. That's remember the snowed whistle guy. Yeah, that guy. No.
Speaker 3: The closest I've ever come to freezing to death. I spent a weekend up in Big Bear. As you know, it gets super cold and snow's a lot there. I couldn't find an uber. I had no idea that ubers and lyfts were almost non existent in that little town. So I went to like this cool little bar that had live music, and I stayed till like one thirty in the morning, paid my tab and then tried to get an uber and there was nothing. So I had to walk all the way back to the little cabin I had, and I almost froze to death. You killed it.
Speaker 1: I had. My coldest night was in Stanford, Connecticut. I was doing stuff at NBC and I was standing at a hotel. It was like four blocks right, so I said it was It was in the wintertime, and it was I know, it was cold, and all you know, I'd flown in from La I was there. I'd go out for like a week and then come back. I did one week a month. So I was there, it was winter, it was cold, whatever, and I was going to meet some of the guys that work on the show over at Bobby Bobby V's Bobby Valentine's restaurant over there in Kennetic. So I looked on my phone. I could get a taxi or an uber or whatever they had, or I could just walk. This probably goes back to many twenty eleven, twenty twelve, so it's been a while. But anyway, I'm walking and it wasn't that bad walking there, but on the way back, oh my god, it was so cold. My hand. I couldn't feel my hands. My nose was all like red. No, it was so terrible.
Speaker 3: It is a scary feeling when you're walking and you start losing feeling in your hands. And I remember slipping.
Speaker 1: On black ice racist.
Speaker 3: I couldn't find my footing and I thought to myself, how the hell do people do this for an entire season?
Speaker 1: That's well, you don't go out much, I guess. Ryan Sea writes in from the Commonwealth. He says, hey, Ben and Danny sucks to hear that masshole Mickey, I'll hear about mass Will mackeyrit May he rest in peace. Guys. If you don't know, I am in Shrewsbury, mass which is in Worcester County, so the Malor meet and greet. I am in for Polar Park from my doorstep up is seven minutes away. Also, I'm trying to get my intern internship with the Wooster wo Socks or the Worcester Red Sox, take your preference. When is this potentially happened? He says, that's much love that is from Ryan. So yeah, Ryan, this is somebody that Massel Mickey before he died, was he was going to make happen We've had another listener who has picked up the ball on this, but it's really dependent on the TV show it gets picked up for season three. We do the show out of Boston, so I will be there usually late July early August, and it's just dependent on that. If they pick up season three of the TV show, then I'll be back there filming stuff for the TV show and meeting with those people, and then I'll have a couple extra days to play around with and I'd like to enjoy it in New England. I love that area, and so I will let you guys know, and we'll hopefully be able to plan an event if the Woo Socks are in. If they're in the Woo Woo Socks, that would be a lot of fun I'd have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to get some sort of little tribute there at the stadium for Masshole Mickey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Great dude with big supporter of ours obviously, and a guy that's trying to live his life. Man, just stay out help problem. And I'm not sure exactly what led to the accident it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was no Hey, Benny, even if one of our Mallard Militia members spray paints his name on the stadium. That would be awesome. Not that we.
Speaker 1: Recommend vandalism, but if it were to happen, No, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's very tastefully done and you duct Tapa banana next to it.
Speaker 1: It's hard. Yeah, both millions of dollars. Yeah, Kevin in Kansas rights in. He says, Dear Ben and Danny g. Both of you live busy lives and you both have pets as medias stars with your full schedule. How nice is that media stars, big star? Right, you're chasing your kid around?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have neighbors, friends, sitters come in and check on your animals? Us from Kevin, we have a couple of people that will watch the the the animal that the dogs. We have two and they need to be fed obviously twice a day, and they're there are they're high maintenance, high maintenance. So we'll we'll have somebody that will stay and hang out of the house. We've actually had the handyman who has We're probably not going to do that anymore, Nanny, for obvious reasons. The handyman likely watching the dogs anymore. Based based on the last couple of weeks with the dropping of the paint and the forty five minutes driving around to try to find a dog that were actually at the house, So that will likely not happen. But yeah, yeah, Kevin, one of my one of my wife's cousins, who's he's in college, you know, seems like a normal dude, so we'll likely have him watch the watch pets, I would think. But Danny, well, you've got a whole stable of kiddos over there to kill.
Speaker 3: Well, but they're not all here anymore. So when we go, if nobody's available to come by, we don't have to worry too much about it. Ben, because miles ahead of Kim Kardashian, I had robots way before Kim. Did I have a robot cat food feeder. I have a robot water fountain. Boom goes the dynamite. Boom, Yeah, boom goes the cat food that was on sale at Target for seven ninety nine.
Speaker 1: As long as the power does not go out at the house and the internet does not go out.
Speaker 3: All oh, it has a backup. Yeah, the robot even if the power goes off, it stays on.
Speaker 1: Nice from South Carolina for now, where you moving, Barry? You're moving again?
Speaker 3: Berry?
Speaker 1: Come on man, where are you going now? Now? Remember he was in Nashville?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 1: And then I met Barry, very nice gentlemen. I met him at the Mount Meet and Greet in Charleston, and he said, for now, I wonder where he's wonderho he's going anyway? Yo yo, Ma Benny. He says, Hey, would you consider doing a segment on one of your last shows of the year in tribute to the many callers and show contributors that you have lost this year? Maybe put together some of their calls posts they're famous for. It seems like this year we've lost more than I recall. Yeah. I actually was having I was having a conversation was very depressing. There's another listener that's near his demise here that I don't want to talk about right now, But I says, it's like I'm not in hospice, but yet I kind of feel like I am in some ways because so many people who get older and are kind of near the end they find our show. There's a lot of people that are in hospitals that find the show and they really like it, and I love that they like it. They want to be part of it. And then I get to know them and then they die quickly. It seems like it's uh yeah, it's been a tough year for for that for sure. And you know, you go back and people that contributed to this pot just massle Mickey was not sick. Well he was sick, but he we don't know if that's why, you know, he ended up, you know, leaving us. But Calligan, Tim and Michigan. We lost him. He passed away and there have been a couple others this year that have that have met their demise. So it's it's depressing and it is sad, sad stuff.
Speaker 3: And that sounds like a sad show too. It would be like what they do at the Oscars. Oh yeah, oh in Memoriam. Is that how they say it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but isn't it one of those things? It's like, then they'll in Memoriam, and then if they don't, if they don't put everyone in there, it's a prop you know what I mean, Like it's sleep yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you're right. And then when it says in Memoriam really big on the screen that only lasts for what four or five minutes on the shows. So can you imagine a you know, a thirty five to forty minute podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking here on YouTube. There's a whole YouTube A genre. Is that the term in memoriam as people that died nineteen seventy four, seventy nine. There's the Emmy Awards ones there, nineteen seventy nine faces famous faces we lost. Well, that'd be depressing, I guess, right, But I eventually we're all going to be up on there at some point right in our own little world. We're all, aren't we all celebrities. We're starring in our own movie, all of us, right, and that how life works, yeah, movie, and then your movie ends, and then somebody else has their movie and all that. All right, Well, but yeah we will. We'll mention those that passed this year and the probably, i'd say, in the next next few, a few days, a few weeks here, we'll have another name to add to that list.
Speaker 3: On forgelamping quest, I say we keep the spray painting idea going and we spray paint all their names on the outside of the FSI our studios there.
Speaker 1: Baby, right there with all our favorite homeless people that are out here. All right, Steve, thank you Berry. Let us know where you're going. Barry, you said, lol, But I don't know. Maybe you're maybe you're going somewhere else, or maybe you were just doing a death joke.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Stephen Florida writes and says, Danny, you said the Animal Thunderdome podcast was going to happen, and in December of twenty twenty three, he said it was going to happen this year. There's only a few weeks left. When can we expect you and Clay to start the podcast? And then he sent these He sent a couple of animal stories in.
Speaker 3: You know, I talked to Clay right before the election. I talked to him the day after the election, asked him about, you know, his schedule easing up because the election had just finished, and he said, yep, can't wait for the Animal Thunderdome and that was it. He doesn't go into any detail beyond that, so I don't know. Julie, who you mentioned on yesterday's pod. Julie is one of our top executives for our network and she's a fan of The Animal Thunderdome when it was on the show, and she helped get the contracts together for the podcast, finalized everything, even a logo so this is two years in a row. Now. I've seen her at the holiday party and she says, Danny, I'm so sorry. I'm trying to get Clay to start it. I'm sure that'll solve it. Well, thank you Steve for your dedication. Yeah, and I think what I think is CoA will do the Animal Thunderdome with Clay's youngest kid, and I won't be here anymore. Probably I'll be gone in memoriam.
Speaker 1: We'll do any Yes, yeah, all right, thank you, Steve. I don't you know the animal stories? I mean, yeah, we we did try a ripoff version of Animal Thunderdome, which.
Speaker 3: Was oh, I know, people tweeted me about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was great. It was a tribute. Really, it was an homage. All right, We've done that in a while. Who should bring that back? Anyway? The real Ryan from Boise writes is is hey, Ben and Danny. I saw this and I thought of your podcast. Scientists in China have created a camouflage material to make people invisible. Are you going to get into my startup? To Rob Banks? The real Ryan? So I did see this? Did you see the story the other day? This week? Danny? There was a story out. This company in China has come up with. It's not it's the headlines misleading on that Ryan, you probably know that. But it's it's a new type of camouflage and supposedly it's it's much more effective than the old camouflage. And it's like it's a trick, Dandy, see, it's a trick on the human eye from what I read. Oh, okay, Well, if you could be invisible, think of the amount of debauchery, the crime you could commit. So yeah, that would but you know, hey, it's I saw the photos and stuff. It's it's cool, but not not invisible in the sense like cartoon invisible JJ he says, from Central Ohio. So it must be near Dick and Dayton there in central House, says Ben and Danny. Doctors in China. Doctors in China, they found a woman that had live worms growing under her eyelids. How is this possible? And then and then he he says that he says that they think it's from from the woman's cats. They think that there's some kind of did.
Speaker 3: She sleep on the cats and use them as pillows?
Speaker 1: I have no I don't know anything. Do you know anything about this?
Speaker 3: No? That is nasty though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have heard that that cat. Who there's something that comes out of a cat's ass that is really powerful and can change human activity. You have a cat. You talked about it, Danny. We just talked about it with you. We go out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank god. He's healthy. He's never he's never been outdoor, so he's always been inside. He's uh. He passed his exams at the vet with flying colors. He's always been a really, really healthy cat. But for people who have outdoor animals, I'm not envious because you deal with all those worms and all that stuff, fleas and ticks. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: What is I'm trying to I heard this the other day. I don't know. I'm trying to remember the name of it. There's some kind of parasite or something like that involving cat pooh or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have heard him pooping in his litter box. He does have a powerful rare end.
Speaker 1: I bet he does. All right, last one, last one? Are you ready for the last one? Danny? The last male bag question of the week on this Sunday.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Carl and Pennsylvania why does Cooper Rush do that too? By the way, it just must be a Mike McCarthy thing. He must be like, this is what we're gonna do this, that's what tech does. So you're gonna do it. You're not, but you're gonna be like so here we go like a dak thing. It was weird when I heard their backup to it. Yeah, Carl and Pennsylvania resident says Ben and Danny liked the podcast. Are you guys worried since big celebrities and you say outrageous things about being debanked if you say something wrong?
Speaker 3: Oh? So I saw this.
Speaker 1: This was from the Joe Rogan podcast the other day. I guess Carl's referencing this. Investor guy Mark Andresen, did you hear about this? He told the story about how the the Joe Biden administration has been debanking political opponents. Yeah, so I heard this. Actually, somebody sent me the clip from that. It was on the Joe Rogan podcast, And it's pretty nutso right that you could be say something wrong or have the wrong position. I guess they did a lot of it to the government to protect the If I remember hearing what I heard properly, Mark Andresen, who was fascinating in this clip that I saw. He talked about how to protect the banking industry. They were worried about the people that run the banking industry, who are in bed with the government, were worried about crypto taking over people's money, and then the banking industry would be useless because crypto would replace the banking industry. People will put their money into crypto, and so therefore the crypto companies were being debanked, and he claimed it was at the behest of the Biden administration. And then also people that were like in the weed business. I had heard about that years ago. If you ran a weed business, you're not allowed to use the banking system, and that's the government, that's the Biden I guess Biden administration now. But this has been going on way before Biden. And this guy said that it was like thirty or something people crypto companies that were debanked, and that means their accounts were closed, they couldn't create new accounts and all that. But I have not had that happen.
Speaker 3: Carl.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone can about my take about the Detroit Lions enough.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but this may happen to Hawktua girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hawk TOA is after this last week for HAWKTOA and Alive And Hey, if you don't need the bank, just put your money in like a pillowcase. Isn't that what people used to do back in the day, or you know, in a mattress or something like that. Anyway, have a great rest of your day. Still time to see Beni Versus the Penny. If you hear this podcast when it first pops up in the morning, they kill the show. Well, it's on Peacock for a couple extra days, but outside of that on the TV broadcast, I think it airs a few more times to day before kickoff and then that's it. I'll be back tonight for more of the fun of the regular radio show and then Danny, what are you here? Going to anything? When I back with Covino and Rich regular week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, back to Covino and Rich on Monday afternoon two to four pm on the West Side. Don't forget two twenty pm. The real Mike Tyson is going to join the show live, right.
Speaker 1: And if he doesn't, and if he doesn't show up, then you'll read the questions he didn't want to answer, So you'll exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna totally use your advice on that. So I can't wait to see how that all plays out Monday afternoon. That's five to seven pm in Newark, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing you could do, Danny is be like, hey, Mike, we were going to ask you this question, but we were told not to, so we're not going to ask you that.
Speaker 3: Quy. I did do the question, but you're still asking it anyway.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Mike, your PR person didn't want us to ask you, you know, while you're in bed with the Saudi's, so we're not going to ask you that, Mike. And anyway, all right, having wonderful rest of the day, and.
Speaker 3: You know the deal. We'll catch you next time. Austa Pasta got a murder. I gotta go.